Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRPX
Description: sushi repeat containing protein, X-linked
Alias: DRS, ETX1, HEL-S-83p, SRPX1, sushi repeat-containing protein SRPX, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 83p, sushi-repeat-containing protein, X chromosome
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- A gene (SRPX) encoding a sushi-repeat-containing protein is deleted in patients with X-linked retinitis pigmentosaA Meindl
Abteilung Padiatrische Genetik, Kinderpoliklik der Ludwig Maximilians Unversitat Munchen
Hum Mol Genet 4:2339-46. 1995..The gene termed SRPX (sushi-repeat-containing protein, x chromosome) is deleted in an RP patient who also suffers from chronic ..
- Identification of a novel gene, ETX1 from Xp21.1, a candidate gene for X-linked retintis pigmentosa (RP3)K L Dry
M R C Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburg, UK
Hum Mol Genet 4:2347-53. 1995..Northern analysis showed ETX1 expression within the retina and heart with lower levels in several other tissues...
- Calcium channel antagonists: friend or foe in postinfarction patients?R S Gibson
University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:172S-176S. 1996..On the contrary, data pooled from homogeneous populations of post-MI patients from DRS, MDPIT, DAVIT-I, and DAVIT-II indicate that clinical outcomes are favorably influenced in patients recovering from ..
- Blood stasis contributions to the perception of skin pigmentationGeorgios N Stamatas
Johnson and Johnson Consumer and Personal Products, Skillman, New Jersey 08558, USA
J Biomed Opt 9:315-22. 2004..Evaluations included diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) and clinical assessment of the erythema and the pigment reaction...
- Two novel mutations in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor gene in Brazilian patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and normal olfactionE M Costa
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento e Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM 42, da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 01060 970, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2680-6. 2001..A novel missense mutation, Arg(139)His, located in the conserved DRS motif at the junction of the third transmembrane and the second intracellular loop of the GnRH receptor was ..
- [Recent progress in mycobacteriology]Masaji Okada
Clinical Research Center, National Hospital Organization Kinki chuo Chest Medical Center, Japan
Kekkaku 82:783-99. 2007..b>Drs. Maeda and Murase have reported that the 12-locus VNTR analysis is very useful for molecular epidemiology of M...
- Determinants of hospital utilization: the situation in Israel and selected countriesJ Benbassat
JDC Brookdale Institute, Health Policy Research Program, Jerusalem, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 2:833-7. 2000..Although this proportion remained stable over the last decade, hospital discharge rates per 1,000 population increased, while hospitalization days per 1,000 population and average length of stay declined...
- Screening for trisomy 18 by maternal age, fetal nuchal translucency, free beta-human chorionic gonadotropin and pregnancy-associated plasma protein-AK O Kagan
Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 32:488-92. 2008....
- Amantadine to improve neurorecovery in traumatic brain injury-associated diffuse axonal injury: a pilot double-blind randomized trialJay M Meythaler
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Spain Rehabilitation Center R157, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 619 6th Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35249 7330, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 17:300-13. 2002..Because of its affect on both dopamine and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) channels, amantadine has been the subject of considerable interest and clinical use in acute TBI...
- Utilization of library outreach services by dental school alumni, 1988-1998A M Corry
University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Dentistry, 650 E 25th St, Kansas City, MO 64108 2784, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 132:76-82. 2001..of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry Library outreach service includes the Dental Reference Service, or DRS; Loansome Doc service, Career Opportunity Center, or COC; and the Instructional Resources Library, or IRL...
- Diagnosing cochlear dead regions in childrenAlicja N Malicka
School of Psychological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Ear Hear 31:238-46. 2010..The presence of a DR can have a significant effect on the perception of speech. People with and without DRs may differ in the benefit obtained from amplification and require different hearing aid settings...
- Dose-response implications of the University of Alabama study of lymphohematopoietic cancer among workers exposed to 1,3-butadiene and styrene in the synthetic rubber industryR L Sielken
Sielken and Associates Consulting Inc, Suite 230, 3833 Texas Avenue, Bryan, TX 77802, USA
Chem Biol Interact 135:637-51. 2001..These estimates are based on the most recent human epidemiologic data developed by Drs Delzell and Macaluso and their colleagues at the University of Alabama at Birmingham...
- Effect of discontinuing cholinesterase inhibitor therapy on behavioral and mood symptoms in nursing home patients with dementiaLori A Daiello
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Alpert School of Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 7:74-83. 2009..Cholinesterase inhibitors (CHEIs) ameliorate some types of behavioral symptoms in patients with Alzheimer's disease. However, there has been little previous study of the outcomes associated with discontinuing these medications...
- Giant cell fibroblastoma: an update and addition of 86 new cases from the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, in honor of Dr. Franz M. EnzingerPrakash Jha
Department of Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington DC 20306 6000, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:81-8. 2007A quarter of a century ago at the International Academy of Pathology in Boston, Mass, Drs Enzinger and Shmookler's seminal abstract on giant cell fibroblastoma (GCF) included 20 GCFs on the back and thigh of mostly male children...
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with denture-related stomatitis in healthy subjects attending a dental teaching hospital in North JordanZiad Nawaf Al-Dwairi
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
J Ir Dent Assoc 54:80-3. 2008There is scant information regarding the prevalence of denture-related stomatitis (DRS) in Jordan.
- Visible-light-induced photocatalysis through surface plasmon excitation of gold on titania surfacesEwa Kowalska
Catalysis Research Center, Hokkaido University, North 21, West 10, Sapporo 001 0021, Japan
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:2344-55. 2010..The gold-modified titania (Au/TiO(2)) powders were characterized by diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS), field-emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), scanning transmission microscopy (STEM) and X-ray powder ..
- Mammary uptake, portal-drained visceral flux, and hepatic metabolism of free and peptide-bound amino acids in cows fed steam-flaked or dry-rolled sorghum grain dietsH Tagari
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
J Dairy Sci 91:679-97. 2008..Cows were fed an alfalfa-based total mixed ration containing 40% steam-flaked (SFS) or dry-rolled (DRS) sorghum grain. The total mixed rations were offered at 12-h intervals in a crossover design...
- Neuropsychological testing in skilled nursing facilities: the failure to confirm diagnoses of dementiaIrwin J Mansdorf
Park Avenue Medical Associates, White Plains, NY 10601, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:271-4. 2008..To investigate to what degree dementia diagnoses of record in skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) are supported by objective neuropsychological testing data...
- Functional and morphologic evaluation of congenital urinary tract dilatation by using combined static-dynamic MR urography: findings in kidneys with a single collecting systemWiltrud K Rohrschneider
Dept of Pediatric Radiology, Radiological Clinic, Univ of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 153, Germany
Radiology 224:683-94. 2002..To assess combined static-dynamic magnetic resonance (MR) urography in the evaluation of congenital urinary tract dilatation in infants and children...
- Diazepam-binding inhibitor-related protein 1: a candidate autoantigen in acquired aplastic anemia patients harboring a minor population of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria-type cellsXingmin Feng
Cellular Transplantation Biology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Blood 104:2425-31. 2004..from a leukemia cell line with serum of an AA patient and identified diazepam-binding inhibitor-related protein 1 (DRS-1). Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) revealed high titers of anti-DRS-1 antibodies (DRS-1 Abs) in 27 (38...
- Reduction of disinfectant bactericidal activities in clinically isolated Acinetobacter species in the presence of organic materialKumiko Kawamura-Sato
Department of Medical Technology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Health Science, 1 1 20 Daiko Minami, Higashi ku, Nagoya 461 8673, Japan
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:568-76. 2008....
- Origin and evolution of 3'UTR of flaviviruses: long direct repeats as a basis for the formation of secondary structures and their significance for virus transmissionT S Gritsun
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Oxford, 0X1 3SR, United Kingdom
Adv Virus Res 69:203-48. 2007..3'UTRs) of flaviviruses are reviewed and analyzed in relation to short sequences conserved as direct repeats (DRs)...
- Direct repeats in the 3' untranslated regions of mosquito-borne flaviviruses: possible implications for virus transmissionT S Gritsun
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR, UK
J Gen Virol 87:3297-305. 2006Direct repeats (DRs) of 20-45 nucleotide conserved sequences (CS) and repeated CS (RCS), separated by non-conserved sequences up to 100 nucleotides long, were previously described in the 3' untranslated region (3'UTR) of the three major ..
- Children and young adults in a prolonged unconscious state after severe brain injury: long-term functional outcome as measured by the DRS and the GOSE after early intensive neurorehabilitationH J Eilander
Rehabilitation Centre Leijpark Division Research, Project VLB NAH, Tilburg
Brain Inj 21:53-61. 2007..to differentiate between traumatic brain injury (TBI) and non-traumatic brain injury (nTBI); and to compare the results on two different outcome scales: the Disability Rating Scale (DRS) and the Glasgow Outcome Scale Extended (GOSE).
- Inhibition of protein tyrosine/mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase activity is associated with D2 dopamine receptor supersensitivity in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseXuechu Zhen
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York 10031, USA
Mol Pharmacol 62:1356-63. 2002Previous work demonstrated that stimulation of D(2) dopamine receptors (D(2)DRs) in the unilaterally 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA)-lesioned rat enhanced striatal extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) activity ipsilateral to the lesion...
- Information contents of drug advertisements: an Indian experienceA Lal
Department of Pharmacology, University College of Medical Sciences, Shahdara, Delhi, India
Ann Pharmacother 32:1234-8. 1998..To critically analyze the drug information contained in Indian pharmaceutical advertisements...
- Interobserver variation in cervical cancer tumor delineation for image-based radiotherapy planning among and within different specialtiesDee H Wu
Radiological Sciences, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 6:106-10. 2005Radiation therapy for cervical cancer involves a team of specialists, including diagnostic radiologists (DRs), radiation oncologists (ROs), and medical physicists (MPs), to optimize imaging-based radiation therapy planning...
- Reliability and sensitivity to change of measurement instruments used in a traumatic brain injury populationB van Baalen
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Rehabil 20:686-700. 2006....
- Serum concentration of chlormethiazole and therapeutic effect in acute alcohol withdrawal syndrome: an open clinical trialSven Ulrich
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Ther Drug Monit 24:446-54. 2002..clinical status of patients was rated by the Mainz Alcohol Withdrawal Scale (MAWS) and the Delirium Rating Scale (DRS). Chlormethiazole concentration was measured by gas-liquid chromatography...
- An update on plexiform fibrohistiocytic tumor and addition of 66 new cases from the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, in honor of Franz M. Enzinger, MDChristopher Moosavi
Department of Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:313-9. 2007The seminal article of Drs Franz Enzinger and Renyuan Zhang in 1988 defined plexiform fibrohistiocytic tumor (PFHT) as a distinctive entity...
- Empirical methods to calculate an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent dose conversion ratio in nondialyzed patients with chronic kidney diseaseJeffrey Horowitz
Truesdale Clinic, 1030 President Ave, Fall River, MA 02720, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 15:741-50. 2009..b>DRs reported in the literature range from 217:1 to 287:1 epoetin alfa (Units [U]):darbepoetin alfa (micrograms [..
- Delirium in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantationJesse R Fann
Department of Biobehavioral Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer 95:1971-81. 2002....
- Influence of dry-rolling and tempering agent addition during the steam-flaking of sorghum grain on its feeding value for feedlot cattleR A Zinn
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Anim Sci 86:916-22. 2008Two experiments were conducted to evaluate the influence of dry-rolling (DRS) and tempering agent (TA) addition during the steam-flaking of grain sorghum (SFS) for feedlot cattle...
- Assessment of long-term activity limitations and participation restrictions of persons with traumatic brain injury using the disability rating scaleMartina Varjabić
Department for Neurological Rehabilitation, Special Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation Krapinske Toplice, Krapinske Toplice, Croatia
Coll Antropol 34:157-64. 2010..and again three to five years after the completion of hospital treatment to assess the disability rating scale (DRS)...
- Dynamical characterization of a cellulose acetate polysaccharideMiriam Sousa
REQUIMTE, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
J Phys Chem B 114:10939-53. 2010..Detailed dynamical information is provided by dielectric relaxation spectroscopy (DRS) (10(-1)-10(6) Hz) for cellulose acetate (CA) in the sub-T(g) region below ambient temperature; results were ..
- Promotion of angiogenesis by ps20 in the differential reactive stroma prostate cancer xenograft modelStephanie J McAlhany
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:5859-65. 2003..The differential reactive stroma (DRS) prostate cancer xenograft model has been developed to investigate the role of reactive stroma in prostate cancer ..
- Risperidone in the treatment of delirium: results from a prospective open-label trialDinesh Mittal
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:662-7. 2004..Effective treatment is necessary to reverse delirium and prevent potentially serious consequences...
- Haloperidol prophylaxis for elderly hip-surgery patients at risk for delirium: a randomized placebo-controlled studyKees J Kalisvaart
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Medical Center Alkmaar, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1658-66. 2005..To study the effectiveness of haloperidol prophylaxis on incidence, severity, and duration of postoperative delirium in elderly hip-surgery patients at risk for delirium...
- [Validation of the German Diabetes Risk Score with metabolic risk factors for type 2 diabetes]M B Schulze
Abteilung Epidemiologie, Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung Potsdam Rehbrücke
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:878-83. 2008The German Diabetes Risk Score (DRS) was developed at the German Institute of Human Nutrition from data of the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC-Potsdam) in order to estimate the 5-year probability of ..
- Predictors of short-term outcome in brain-injured patients with disorders of consciousnessJ Whyte
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute Albert Einstein Healthcare Network, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Prog Brain Res 177:63-72. 2009..VS) and minimally conscious state (MCS) after brain injury as measured by the widely used Disability Rating Scale (DRS) and to explore differences in rate of recovery and predictors of recovery during inpatient rehabilitation in ..
- Sequential and contingent prenatal screening for Down syndromeNicholas J Wald
Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and The London Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London EC1M 6BQ, UK
Prenat Diagn 26:769-77. 2006....
- [Not Available]A Zarranz
Ateneo de Historia de la Medicina de Buenos Aires
Rev Museo Fac Odontol B Aires 14:6-9. 1999There is a reference to the professional collaboration performed by Drs. Etchepareborda and Llobet...
- Improvement of differentiation and interpretability of spoligotyping for Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex isolates by introduction of new spacer oligonucleotidesA G M Van Der Zanden
Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Gelre Hospitals, Location Lukas, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 40:4628-39. 2002..repeat (DR) region in Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strains is composed of multiple well-conserved 36-bp DRs interspersed with nonrepetitive DNA spacer sequences of similar size...
- Preparation, characterization and photocatalytic activities of boron- and cerium-codoped TiO2Chao Hai Wei
Institute of Environmental Science, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
J Environ Sci (China) 19:90-6. 2007..XRD), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), particle size distribution (PSD), diffuse reflectance spectra (DRS), and Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET)...
- Evaluation of an aided TEN test for diagnosis of dead regions in the cochleaJosephine Marriage
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Ear Hear 29:392-400. 2008..results for the original version of the threshold equalizing noise [TEN(HL)] test for diagnosis of dead regions (DRs) in the cochlea, using stimuli presented via headphones, with results for an aided version of the test, the ATEN ..
- Lipid reorganization induced by membrane-active peptides probed using differential scanning calorimetryPierre Joanne
UPMC Univ Paris 06, FRE 2852 Peptidome de la Peau d Amphibiens, Paris F 75005, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:1772-81. 2009..Two CPPs (Penetratin and RL16) and AMPs belonging to the dermaseptin superfamily (Drs B2 and C-terminal truncated analog [1-23]-Drs B2 and two plasticins DRP-PBN2 and DRP-PD36KF) were selected...
- Localization of a gene for Duane retraction syndrome to chromosome 2q31B Appukuttan
Division of Ophthalmology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, 90027, USA
Am J Hum Genet 65:1639-46. 1999Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) is a congenital eye-movement disorder characterized by a failure of cranial nerve VI (the abducens nerve) to develop normally, resulting in restriction or absence of abduction, restricted adduction, and ..
- Clinimetric issues of screening for responsiveness to intrathecal baclofen in dystoniaJ J van Hilten
Department of Neurology, Neurosurgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 106:931-41. 1999..In this study we address clinimetric issues that pertain to the screening of responsiveness to intrathecal baclofen (ITB) in dystonia...
- Pinin/DRS/memA interacts with SRp75, SRm300 and SRrp130 in corneal epithelial cellsGrazyna Zimowska
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4715-23. 2003Pinin (Pnn/DRS/memA) is a cell-adhesion-related and nuclear protein that has been identified as central in the establishment and maintenance of corneal epithelial cell-cell adhesion...
- [A clinical analysis of sixty-seven cases with Duane's retraction syndrome]Xia Chen
Tianjin Eye Hospital, Tianjin 300040, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 41:812-6. 2005To analyze the clinical manifestations and the methods and effects of surgical management on Duane's Retraction Syndrome (DRS).
- Reconstruction of the portal and hepatic veins using venous grafts customized from the bilateral gonadal veinsYusuke Yamamoto
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:1115-21. 2009..Autologous venous grafts made from the bilateral gonadal veins (BGVs) have never been utilized or discussed...
- Controversy. The use of selective nerve root blocks: diagnostic, therapeutic, or placebo?P J Slosar
SpineCare Medical Group, San Francisco Spine Institute, Daly City, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2253-6. 1998..b>Drs. Slosar and White argue that selective nerve root blocks are extremely useful; Dr Wetzel believes that selective ..
- Management of degenerative disc disease above an L5-S1 segment requiring arthrodesisH N Herkowitz
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1268-70. 1999..b>Drs. Herkowitz and Abraham believe strongly that the adjacent segment should be left alone, whereas Dr...
- Biomechanical testing of the spine. Load-controlled versus displacement-controlled analysisV K Goel
Iowa Spine Research Center, Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2354-7. 1995..Edwards believes that displacement-controlled testing most accurately reflects the in vivo environment, while Drs. Vijay Goel, David Wilder, and Malcolm Pope support the use of the load-controlled method as most logical and ..
- Rings, slings, and other things: vascular compression of the infant trachea updated from the midcentury to the millennium--the legacy of Robert E. Gross, MD, and Edward B. D. Neuhauser, MDW E Berdon
Department of Radiology, Babies and Children s Hospital of New York, New York, NY 10032, USA
Radiology 216:624-32. 2000..These are the legacies of Drs Gross and Neuhauser.
- Characterization of consecutive Streptococcus pyogenes isolates from patients with pharyngitis and bacteriological treatment failure: special reference to prtF1 and sic / drsC M Brandt
Institute of Medical Microbiology and National Reference Center for Streptococci, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, D 52057 Aachen, Germany
J Infect Dis 183:670-4. 2001..sic encoding the streptococcal inhibitor of complement from 19 isolates with emm1 (9 patients), and sequencing of drs (distantly related sic) from 11 isolates with emm12 revealed distinct sic alleles with insertions and/or deletions ..
- Humanities education at Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PennsylvaniaAnne Hunsaker Hawkins
Department of Humanities, University Drive, PA 17033, USA
Acad Med 78:1001-5. 2003..would make the teaching and practice of humanistic medicine a major and explicit commitment attracted the notice of Drs. Lawrence and Jane Kienle, who made possible the Doctors Kienle Center for Humanistic Medicine...
- The Toll immune-regulated Drosophila protein Fondue is involved in hemolymph clotting and puparium formationChristoph Scherfer
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire, CNRS, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Dev Biol 295:156-63. 2006..fon-RNAi larvae exhibit melanotic tumors and constitutive expression of the antifungal peptide gene Drosomycin (Drs), while fon-RNAi pupae display an aberrant pupal phenotype...
- Synthesis and characterization of new nano-particles as blue ceramic pigmentI S Ahmed
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Benha University, Benha City, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 71:616-20. 2008..Also, diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) using CIE L*a*b* parameter measurement method, infrared spectroscopy (IR) and transmission electron microscopy (..
- Delayed enterothorax and hepatothorax due to missed right-sided traumatic diaphragmatic ruptureAli Guner
Department of General Surgery, Trabzon Numune Training and Research Hospital, Trabzon, Turkey
Am J Emerg Med 30:263.e7-10. 2012Traumatic diaphragma ruptures (DRs) are an unusual condition after blunt thoracoabdominal trauma, and there are some difficulties in the diagnosis, in the absence of the additional life-threatening injuries...
- History and current state of neurosurgery at the Medical University of South CarolinaVibhor Krishna
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Neurosurgery 69:145-52; discussion 152-3. 2011..Neurosurgery at MUSC has been influenced by Drs Kredel and Perot and the current leadership is moving forward with a uniquely integrated department with novel ..
- Retraining of interjoint arm coordination after stroke using robot-assisted time-independent functional trainingElizabeth B Brokaw
Center for Applied Biomechanics and Rehabilitation Research, National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 48:299-316. 2011..The ARMin III robot was developed by Drs. Robert Riener and Tobias Nef at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (Eidgenossische Technische ..
- Effect of diet composition on the determination of ash and moisture content in solid cattle manure using visible and near-infrared spectroscopySharon L P Sakirkin
Texas AgriLife Research, 6500 Amarillo Bv West, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
Appl Spectrosc 65:1056-61. 2011Visible and near-infrared (Vis-NIR, 350-2500 nm) diffuse reflection spectroscopy (DRS) models built from "as-collected" samples of solid cattle manure accurately predict concentrations of moisture and crude ash...
- Reversible impairment of the ku80 gene by a recyclable marker in Aspergillus aculeatusShuji Tani
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, 1 1 Gakuen cho, Naka ku, Sakai, Osaka, 599 8531, Japan
AMB Express 3:4. 2013..3 × 105, 1.4 × 105, and 9.2 × 103 conidia from strains harboring 20-, 98-, and 495-bp DRs, respectively...
- Improving care transitions through meaningful use stage 2: continuity of care documentLyn Stankiewicz Murphy
Health Services, Leadership and Management, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore 21201, USA
J Nurs Adm 43:62-5. 2013In this department, Drs Murphy, Wilson, and Newhouse highlight hot topics in nursing outcomes, research, and evidence-based practice relevant to the nurse administrator...
- Meeting report: Emerging respiratory viral infections and nonhuman primate case reportsV G Sasseville
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, 300 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA Email
Vet Pathol 50:1145-53. 2013..The session had platform presentations from Drs Karen Terio, Thijs Kuiken, Guy Boivin, and Robert Palermo that focused on naturally occurring influenza, human ..
- The simple hydrothermal synthesis of Ag-ZnO-SnO2 nanochain and its multiple applicationsSubramanian Balachandran
Department of Chemistry, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, India
Dalton Trans 42:16365-74. 2013..dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), UV-Vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) and photoluminescence spectroscopy (PL)...
- Synthesis and characterization of CuO-montmorillonite nanocomposite by thermal decomposition method and antibacterial activity of nanocompositeSh Sohrabnezhad
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Guilan, P O Box 1914, Rasht, Iran Electronic address
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 125:73-8. 2014..was synthesized by thermal decomposition methods and characterized by diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS), X-ray diffraction (XRD), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM)..
- Characterization of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex direct repeat sequence for use in cycling probe reactionM L Beggs
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
J Clin Microbiol 34:2985-9. 1996..bovis 401 was sequenced, and the data were used to design a PCR assay that would allow us to estimate the number of DRs present in a variety of strains...
- Application of evoked potentials to the prediction of discharge status in minimally responsive patients: a pilot studyG Goldberg
Drucker Brain Injury Center, MossRehab Hospital, Department of PhysicalMedicine and Rehabilitation, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 13:51-68. 1998..somatosensory evoked potentials (UESSEPs) with outcome grade based on the discharge Disability Rating Scale (DRS) score of 33 patients admitted to a responsiveness assessment program of a brain injury rehabilitation unit with an ..
- In vitro recorded theta-like activity in the limbic cortex: comparison with spontaneous theta and epileptiform dischargesJ Konopacki
Department of Neurobiology, University of Lodz, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 60:67-85. 2000..In 1986 in collaboration with Drs. B.H. Bland, S.H. Roth and B.M...
- United Kingdom General Medical Council fails child protectionCatherine Williams
Department of Law, Sheffield University, Crookesmoor Building, Conduit Road, Sheffield S10 1FL, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 119:800-2. 2007..The actions of the General Medical Council in the recent cases of Drs Roy Meadow and David Southall conflict with current child protection laws and guidance for professionals...
- Speech recognition as a function of high-pass filter cutoff frequency for people with and without low-frequency cochlear dead regions- Vinay
All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Manasagangothri, Mysore, India
J Acoust Soc Am 122:542-53. 2007Regions in the cochlea with no (or very few) functioning inner hair cells and/or neurons are called "dead regions" (DRs)...
- Development and validation of a scale to measure disease-related symptoms of kidney cancerDavid Cella
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Value Health 10:285-93. 2007..symptoms, we set out to differentiate from the list of 15 symptoms those that are predominantly attributable to kidney cancer itself rather than its treatment, and to evaluate this abbreviated FKSI - Disease-Related Symptoms (FKSI-DRS).
- Introduction to altitude/hypoxic training symposiumRandall L Wilber
Athlete Performance Laboratory, United States Olympic Committee, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 39:1587-9. 2007..be presented on the topics of: 1) effect of hypoxic "dose" on physiological responses and sea-level performance (Drs. Benjamin Levine and James Stray-Gundersen), 2) nonhematological mechanisms of improved performance after hypoxic ..
- In vivo antisense activity of ENA oligonucleotides targeting PTP1B mRNA in comparison of that of 2'-MOE-modified oligonucleotidesMakoto Koizumi
Advanced Technology Research Laboratories, R and D Planning Department, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Research Laboratories, Daiichi Sankyo Co, Ltd 1 2 58, Hiromachi, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 140 8710, Japan
Nucleic Acids Symp Ser (Oxf) . 2007..We would like to thank to Drs. Shinya Tsutsumi and Kenji Kawai for the T(m) measurement and autoradiography experiments...
- Adverse consequences of immunostimulationRafael Ponce
ZymoGenetics, Inc, Seattle, Washington 98102, USA
J Immunotoxicol 5:33-41. 2008..Robert House (Dynport Vaccine Co., Frederick, MD), included Drs. Gary Burleson (Burleson Research Technologies, Inc...
- [Studies on Ag-TiO2/KIT-6 composite nanosized photocatalyst]Feng Li Zhang
National Engineering Research Center of Chemical Fertilizer Catalyst, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou 350002, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 29:2166-70. 2009..Detailed characterizations were conducted by techniques including XRD, N2 physical adsorption, XPS, UV-Vis DRS and TEM...
- TiO2 nanopowder co-doped with iodine and boron to enhance visible-light photocatalytic activityJianqiang Ding
School of Public Health, University of South China, Hengyang 421001, RP China
J Biomed Nanotechnol 5:521-7. 2009..X-ray diffraction (XRD), ultraviolet-visible diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (UV-Vis DRS), and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) were applied to characterize the crystalline structure, light ..
- Financial capacity of older African Americans with amnestic mild cognitive impairmentKristen L Triebel
Department of Neurology Alzheimer s Disease Research Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham Department of Psychology, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 24:365-71. 2010..included race and other demographic factors (age, education, sex), performance on global cognitive measures (MMSE, DRS-2 Total Score), history of cardiovascular disease (hypertension, diabetes, hypercholesterolemia), and a measure of ..
- Lateral rectus resection strabismus surgery in unilateral duane syndrome with esotropia and limited abductionStephen P Kraft
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences, The Hospital for Sick Children and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Binocul Vis Strabismus Q 25:149-57. 2010Resection of the lateral rectus in Duane retraction syndrome (DRS) with esotropia (ET) and limited abduction can be a useful component of surgical planning in specific circumstances, when combined with medial rectus (MR) recession...
- Predictors of performance on the MMSE and the DRS-2 among American Indian eldersLori L Jervis
Department of Anthropology and Center for Applied Social Research, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 22:417-25. 2010..study examined 137 American Indian elders' performance on the MMSE and the Dementia Rating Scale-Second Edition (DRS-2)...
- Photocatalytic degradation of gaseous toluene over ZnAl2O4 prepared by different methods: a comparative studyXinyong Li
Key Laboratory of Industrial Ecology and Environmental Engineering, School of Environmental Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
J Hazard Mater 186:2089-96. 2011..energy-dispersive X-ray spectra (EDX), Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET), UV-vis diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS), and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) techniques...
- The broadening application of chemodenervation in X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (Part II): an open-label experience with botulinum toxin-A (Dysport®) injections for oromandibular, lingual, and truncal-axial dystoniasRaymond L Rosales
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Santo Tomas Hospital, Manila, Philippines
Int J Neurosci 121:44-56. 2011..Outcomes measures included: the global dystonia rating scale (DRS) and pain visual analog scale (VAS) reduction at week 4; duration of BoNT-A effects; and, side effect profile...
- Effective photocatalytic degradation of atrazine over titania-coated carbon nanotubes (CNTs) coupled with microwave energyHongzhe Chen
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210046, PR China
J Phys Chem A 115:3034-41. 2011..The TiO(2)/CNTs composite samples were characterized by TGA-DSC, TEM, UV-vis DRS, XRD and BET, to explain the reason for efficient degradation and adsorption process of atrazine...
- Geriatric epilepsy: research and clinical directions for the futureErik D Roberson
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Epilepsy Behav 22:103-11. 2011..b>Drs. Martin and Schmidt explore the scope of the problems in the field, outline topic areas including cognitive health/..
- Enhanced photocatalytic and adsorptive degradation of organic dyes by mesoporous Cu/Al2O3-MCM-41: intra-particle mesoporosity, electron transfer and OH radical generation under visible lightAmaresh C Pradhan
Colloids and Material Chemistry Department, Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology CSIR, Bhubaneswar, 751013, Orissa, India
Dalton Trans 40:7348-56. 2011..X-ray diffraction (LXRD), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), UV-vis DRS, FTIR and photoluminescent (PL) spectra...
- Comparison of accuracy of diabetes risk score and components of the metabolic syndrome in assessing risk of incident type 2 diabetes in Inter99 cohortTracy B Shafizadeh
Tethys Bioscience, Emeryville, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22863. 2011..mellitus (T2DM); factors of metabolic syndrome (MetS) and a previously developed diabetes risk score, PreDx® Diabetes Risk Score (DRS). DRS assesses 5 yr risk of incident T2DM based on the measurement of 7 biomarkers in fasting blood.
- Identifying elderly depression using the Depression Rating Scale as part of comprehensive standardised care assessment in nursing homesYachien Huang
Centre for Health Services Studies, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
Aging Ment Health 15:1045-51. 2011..and Health for Elderly in Long TERm care) project to explore the benefits of using the Depression Rating Scale (DRS) as part of a standardised needs assessment in UK nursing homes, including a statistical method of effectively ..
- Self-assembled DNA monolayer buffered dynamic ranges of mercuric electrochemical sensorXinhui Lou
Department of Chemistry, Capital Normal University, Beijing 100048, China
Anal Chem 85:7574-80. 2013Sensors with wide dynamic ranges (DRs) are typically constructed by utilizing a set of ligands with varied affinities for the same target...
- Coupling of narrow and wide band-gap semiconductors on uniform films active in bacterial disinfection under low intensity visible light: implications of the interfacial charge transfer (IFCT)S Rtimi
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, EPFL SB ISIC GPAO, Station 6, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Hazard Mater 260:860-8. 2013..The optical absorption of the TaON and TaON/Ag samples found by diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) correlated well with the kinetics of E. coli inactivation...
- Plasmon-assisted degradation of methylene blue with Ag/AgCl/montmorillonite nanocomposite under visible lightSh Sohrabnezhad
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Guilan, P O Box 1914, Rasht, Iran Electronic address
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 130:129-35. 2014..were investigated by transmission electron microscopy (TEM), UV-visible diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (UV-Vis DRS), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and FTIR...
- Microcirculation assessment using an individualized model for diffuse reflectance spectroscopy and conventional laser Doppler flowmetryTomas Strömberg
Linkoping University, University Hospital, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Linköping 581 85, Sweden
J Biomed Opt 19:057002. 2014..We used a fiber-optic probe for simultaneous recording of white light diffuse reflectance (DRS; 475-850 nm) and laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF; 780 nm) spectra at two source-detector distances (0.4 and 1.2 mm)...
- Vinegar and Chironex fleckeri stings - replyPhilippa Welfare
Emergency Department Cairns Base Hospital, Queensland, Australia, E mail
Diving Hyperb Med 44:102-3. 2014We thank Drs Gibbs, Corkeron and Blake for their interest in our study. We are delighted to respond to their comments...
- Denture-related stomatitis is associated with endothelial dysfunctionJoanna Maciag
Department of Prophylaxis and Experimental Dentistry, Institute of Dentistry, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
Biomed Res Int 2014:474016. 2014..between vascular dysfunction and other common forms of oral infections such as denture-related stomatitis (DRS) is unknown. Similar risk factors predispose to both conditions including smoking, diabetes, age, and obesity...
- Connective tissue growth factor and integrin αvβ6: a new pair of regulators critical for ductular reaction and biliary fibrosis in miceLiya Pi
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Hepatology 61:678-91. 2015..integrin αvβ6 in hepatic progenitor/oval cell activation, which often occurs in the form of ductular reactions (DRs) when hepatocyte proliferation is inhibited during severe liver injury...
- Evaluation of sunlight induced structural changes and their effect on the photocatalytic activity of V2O5 for the degradation of phenolsM Aslam
Centre of Excellence in Environmental Studies CEES, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
J Hazard Mater 286:127-35. 2015..was synthesized by chemical precipitation procedure using Triton X-100 as morphology mediator and characterized by DRS, PLS, Raman, FESEM and XRD...
- The history of sentinel lymph node biopsyOmgo E Nieweg
From the Melanoma Institute Australia and The Mater Hospital, North Sydney Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Ultrasound, Newtown, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer J 21:3-6. 2015The sentinel node biopsy technique, developed by Drs Donald Morton and Alistair Cochran and reported in 1992, undoubtedly constitutes the most important recent development in surgical oncology...
- Synergistic effects of acyclovir and 3, 19-isopropylideneandrographolide on herpes simplex virus wild types and drug-resistant strainsThongkoon Priengprom
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
BMC Complement Altern Med 15:591. 2015..In this study, we examined the anti-viral activity of IPAD on HSV wild types (HSV-1 strain KOS and HSV-2 clinical isolate) and HSV-1 drug-resistant strains (DRs). Synergistic effects of IPAD with acyclovir (ACV) were also evaluated.
- Removal of reactive blue 19 dye by sono, photo and sonophotocatalytic oxidation using visible lightMuhammad Abdul Nasir Khan
Department of Environmental Sciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, 22060 Abbottabad, Pakistan
Ultrason Sonochem 26:370-7. 2015..electron microscopy coupled with energy dispersive X-ray (SEM-EDX), UV-Visible diffuse reflectance spectra (DRS)...
- NO reduction by CO over CuO supported on CeO2-doped TiO2: the effect of the amount of a few CeO2Changshun Deng
Guangxi Key Laboratory Petrochemical Rescource Processing and Process Intensification Technology, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Guangxi University, Nanning 530004, China
Phys Chem Chem Phys 17:16092-109. 2015..The obtained samples were characterized by means of XRD, N2-physisorption (BET), LRS, UV-vis DRS, XPS, (O2, CO, and NO)-TPD, H2-TPR, in situ FT-IR, and a NO + CO model reaction...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- Ian C Michelow; Fiscal Year: 2016..Under the mentorship of Drs. Kurtis and Friedman from Brown University, and Drs...
- Malaz Boustani; Fiscal Year: 2014..The primary outcomes of the study are delirium severity, as measured by the Delirium Rating Scale (DRS-R-98);and delirium duration as measured by the Confusion Assessment Method in the ICU (CAM-ICU).
- PHILIP LEE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..Under the initial mentorship of Drs. Rusyniak and Carpenter, I have obtained an internally funded CTSI project development grant and a KL-2 CTSI Young ..
- 950 MHz NMR Spectrometer with Cryogenic ProbeDAVID JOSEPH WEBER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The administration of the 950 MHz NMR and its shared operation are set by a committee that includes Drs. David J. Weber (UMB), Michael Summers (UMBC), David Fushman (UMCP) and Kristen Varney (UMB)...
- KRISTEN RACHEL VELLA; Fiscal Year: 2014..Anthony Hollenberg, a co-Mentor, Dr. Brad Lowell, and an Advisory Committee comprised of Drs. P. Reed Larsen and Terry Maratos-Flier who are committed to my development as an independent investigator...
- Jonathan Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2016..This training will take place under the mentorship of Drs. Dantzer and Teague, and will incorporate visits to both labs to learn HPLC and cytokine array techniques, ..
- Behavioral Activation Therapy for Rural Veterans with Diabetes and DepressionAanand Dinkar Naik; Fiscal Year: 2013..6. Project Organization and Management. The proposed project will be led by both Drs. Naik and Cully at 25% effort each. The leadership plan for multiple PIs is convincing. Dr...
- KEVIN ROBERT VINCENT; Fiscal Year: 2014..The primary mentor is Dr. Christiaan Leeuwenburgh, from the Department of Aging and Geriatrics. The Co-mentors are Drs. Scott banks and Steven Ghvizzani. Dr...
- Bradley P Dixon; Fiscal Year: 2014..The Candidate and his co-mentors, Drs. Peter Stambrook and John Bissler, have developed a comprehensive career development plan with four key components: ..
- Samantha M Yeligar; Fiscal Year: 2014..During post- doctoral training in the laboratories of Drs. Brown and Hart, she acquired additional expertise with numerous molecular biology techniques and with animal ..
- Targeted siRNA nanotechnology for intravesical treatment of urologicaldiseasesRobert M Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..This past year, in collaboration with Drs. W...
- Collagen X and heparan sulfate proteoglycan in the hematopoietic stem cell niche.ELIZABETH G SWEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..me with a unique opportunity to seek advise in skeletal/matrix biology, hematology, and B cell biology, including: Drs. Jacenko and Emerson (my mentors), Drs. Hankenson, Soslowsky, and Adams (on my mentoring committee), Drs...
- Inhibition of IkK to treat lethal Graft-vs.-Host DiseasePatrick Flood; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal brings together two extremely experienced investigators in the biology of GVHD, in Drs Serody and Blazar, with scientists at Theralogics who are experts on the biology of NF- ?B in Drs Baldwin and Ghosh ..
- A unique approach to identify markers for congenital syphilis and neurosyphilisNikhat Parveen; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect that our experience in B. burgdorferi and expertise of our collaborators, Drs. Sheila Lukehart and Arturo Centurion, in T...
- UTPAL BHAGIRATH PAJVANI; Fiscal Year: 2015..well as the multifaceted aspects of FoxO1 and Notch biology, can best be addressed through his choice of mentors (Drs. Domenico Accili and Jan Kitajewski) and advisors (Drs...
- ASIM AMINSHARIF AHMED; Fiscal Year: 2015..and resources at Children's Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School together with the mentorship of Drs. Farzan and Choe are an ideal environment for his career development program...
- JAMES M COGHILL; Fiscal Year: 2015..Dr. Coghill will learn first-hand from an expert mentoring team led by Drs. Jonathan Serody and Stephen Frye, world experts in the fields of lymphocyte trafficking and drug development ..
- Gautam Bhave; Fiscal Year: 2016..Dr. Bhave is also supported by Drs. Raymond Harris and Roy Zent as co-mentors to help develop an independent line of investigation and career path. Dr...
- Robert W Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 2, we will test a proposed disease mechanism based on in vitro and biochemical data from our collaborators, Drs. Schimmel and Yang...
- Anisa Shaker; Fiscal Year: 2016..the aims of my research proposal, my career development plan consists of individual and group meetings with mentors Drs. Rubin and Newberry, meetings with my Advisory Committee, conferences in the GI Division and the School of Medicine,..
- Interplay Between Tissue Architecture and Nuclear Organization in the DNA DamagePierre Alexandre Vidi; Fiscal Year: 2013..career development by allowing me to initiate a translational aspect of research on DNA repair (collaboration with Drs. S. Badve and K. Hodges at the IU School of Medicine)...
- Christopher D Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2014..During year 1, I will meet weekly with mentors Drs. Weber and Schmitz to develop, optimize and validate an ELISA for detection of hepatitis E virus (HEV) antibodies (..
- MELINDA ANN FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Drs. Pagliassotti and Orton, as her mentoring team, will provide sound guidance in the areas of metabolism, obesity and ..
- Patrick Cahan; Fiscal Year: 2016..Boston Children's Hospital in the Division of Hematology/Oncology, which is also home to the laboratories of Drs. Orkin, Williams, and Zon, internationally known investigators who have consistently produced ground-breaking ..
- BRIDGETTE MERCEDEZ BRAWNER; Fiscal Year: 2016..community-based participatory research (CBPR) framework is proposed with mentorship by renowned senior scientists, Drs. Loretta Jemmott and Gina Wingood...
- SAMUEL BRANDON STEPHENS; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Drs. Newgard and Muoio are fully committed to helping me achieve my long-term goals, allowing me to independently ..
- Dopamine's Role in the Rapid Estradiol Enhancement of Excitatory SynapsesCAROLINE COFER SMITH HAMILTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Drs. Greene and Huber have the combined expertise to direct a project focused on examining the dopamine dependence of ..
- Insights from Comparative Genomics for the Treatment of Pneumococcal InfectionsNatalia Luisa Hiller; Fiscal Year: 2011..David Sherman at the University of Michigan, a specialist in biochemical synthesis;3) Drs. Herve Tettelin at the University of Maryland and Claudio Donati at Novartis who have developed many mathematical ..
- KATHLEEN ELIZABETH COREY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Atul Malhotra, an established physician-scientist in the study of OSA. Both Drs. Chung and Malhotra have established track records in the mentoring of clinical investigators and both hold NIH K24 ..
- Mark D Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2016..learn skeletal muscle and adipose tissue volume and fractional quantification, using the MRI Dixon protocol, and 4) Drs. Burant and Gordon to become familiar analyzing cardiometabolic serum and tissue biomarkers...
- Development of a Pediatric Mylelodysplastic Syndrome Patient RegistryDAVID A contact WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will be lead by Drs. David A...
- Natasha N Chattergoon; Fiscal Year: 2016..Thornburg's laboratory. With that came extensive teaching by our collaborators, Drs. G Giraud, S Louey, S Jonker, D Andersen, L Davis, and J Faber...
- Natalia Luisa Hiller; Fiscal Year: 2014..David Sherman at the University of Michigan, a specialist in biochemical synthesis;3) Drs. Herve Tettelin at the University of Maryland and Claudio Donati at Novartis who have developed many mathematical ..
- Lih Yun Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2016..I have assembled a mentoring committee that, in addition to my mentor Dr. Weiss, includes Drs. Mark Anderson, Abul Abbas and Mehrdad Matloubian...
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for Neisseria gonorrhoeae STDsRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2012..Given the genomic and sequencing expertise of Dr. Tim Read, the STD and strain-typing expertise of Drs. Dean and Shafer, and the microfluidic and molecular biology expertise of Dr...
- Brian Till; Fiscal Year: 2016..Stanley Riddell, a world leader in adoptive T cell therapy, Drs. Jeffrey and Martha Ledbetter, experts in T cell biology and development of immunologic therapeutics, and Dr...
- Ara Nazarian; Fiscal Year: 2014..An advisory committee made up of experienced scientists in the field (Drs. Boskey, Bouxsein, Glimcher and Neer) will monitor the applicant's progress through meetings every six months ..
- Assessment of Bone Composition Through a Novel Liquid/Solid State MRI MethodAra Nazarian; Fiscal Year: 2011..An advisory committee made up of experienced scientists in the field (Drs. Boskey, Bouxsein, Glimcher and Neer) will monitor the applicant's progress through meetings every six months ..
- A Rapid Point-of-care Diagnostic for C.trachomitis STDsRICHARD F contact SELDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Given the genomic expertise of Drs. Tim Read and Deborah Dean for developing target gene primer pairs and the chlamydial STD expertise of Dr...
- CD4+ T cells in Invasive AspergillosisAmariliz Rivera; Fiscal Year: 2012..Moreover, Drs. Gause and Salgame will be Amariliz's career development mentors...
- Multiple Mechanisms of Nasal ChemoreceptionDiego Restrepo; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Drs. Restrepo and Finger are Co-Directors of the RMTSC...
- Ina E Djonlagic; Fiscal Year: 2014..This research proposal builds on previous work and preliminary data Dr. Djonlagic has compiled while working with Drs. Stickgold and Malhotra. Dr. Malhotra and Dr. Stickgold are close colleagues as over 5 years...
- ANGELA MEI TIN LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2015..fellowship training at Boston University Medical Center (BUMC), I undertook several clinical research projects with Drs. Lewis Braverman and Elizabeth Pearce...
- Roles of the mammalian CST complex in DNA replication and chromosome cohesionJASON AARON STEWART; Fiscal Year: 2013..Carolyn Price at the University of Cincinnati with additional support from Drs. Paul Chastain, David Kaufman, Prasad Jallepalli and Dr. Birgit Ehmer...
- Andrew Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2016..systems biology analysis - a number of formal courses/workshops have been targeted together with the guidance of Drs. Abecasis and Elder. (2) To develop knowledge and skills in keratinocyte biology and function - mentoring from Dr...
- Developing Immunotherapeutics for Methamphetamine AbuseTHOMAS RICHARD KOSTEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dr.Therese Kosten is a leading expert in animal models of stimulant abuse. Drs. Rossen, Baughn and Orson have extensive experience in immunology, and Drs...
- Jessica L Mega; Fiscal Year: 2014..The initial mentored period will include training with established mentors (Drs. Eugene Braunwald and Marc Sabatine with the TIMI Study Group) and a multi-disciplinary advisory committee of ..
- Functional analysis of mDia formins in hematopoietic stem cell engraftment and miPeng Ji; Fiscal Year: 2010..In collaboration with Drs. Tzutzuy Ramirez Hernandez and Maki Murata-Hori of the Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory in Singapore, the kinetic ..
- JOHN PEARCE MORROW; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition, an advisory committee of established cardiovascular scientists (Drs. Andrew Marks, Robert Kass, and Fadi Akar) and an administrator (Dr...
- Mark B Powers; Fiscal Year: 2016..First, I selected two mentors [Drs. Smits (Primary) and Zvolensky (Co-Mentor)] who can guide me in my efforts to develop an independent research ..
- Michelle L Gumz; Fiscal Year: 2014..An Advisory Committee has been assembled to aid the candidate in scientific and career development. Drs. Charles Wingo, Mark Segal, Julie Johnson, Barbara Battelle and Douglas Eaton are experts in the fields of ..
- Francesca Tentori; Fiscal Year: 2015..with the opportunity to be mentored by highly-qualified investigators with whom I have an established relationship (Drs. Bruce Robinson, Robert Merion and Brenda Gillespie), a unique research infrastructure, and the ready accessibility ..
- Identification of Biomarkers for Early Detection of Renal Cell CarcinomaOthon Iliopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012..This collaboration also includes Drs. Steve Skates (MGH Department of Biostatistics) and Patrick Sluss (Laboratory of Reproductive Endocrinology)...
- MT VET COBRE II CORE A: ADMINISTRATIVE COREMark T Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Executive Committee (EC) includes the Program Director (PD), the Core Directors, which includes Drs. Quinn, Jutila, and Pascual, and Dr. Allan Harmsen who was the previous COBRE PI...
- ELIZABETH AUSTEN LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Her co-mentors, Drs. Anne Klibanski and Jill Goldstein, are well-funded and invested in the direction of Dr. Lawson's research...
- Binoy Shivanna; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition to Dr. Moorthy, my advisory committee consists of Drs. Stephen Welty, Francesco DeMayo, David Moore, and E...
- Oxymax System with Teadmill for Quantifying Exercise in MiceNeil B Ruderman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Kandror will examine the mechanism by which exercise increases glucose uptake in the rodent cerebellum in vivo and Drs. Seldin and Jasuja will carry out studies of a mouse with genetic deletion of three of the four subunits of casein ..
- Mutational Cloning in Familial Dementia and Alzheimers DiseaseWendy H Raskind; Fiscal Year: 2010..of infrastructure (University of Washington Department of Genome Sciences), expertise in molecular genetics (Drs. Raskind, Shendure, and Brkanac), existing well- characterized samples (Dr...
- Dusica Bajic; Fiscal Year: 2016..Environment. During the proposed K08 program, I will have formal input from Drs. David Borsook (Mentor), Lino Becerra (Co-Mentor), P. Ellen Grant (Advisor), Robert C...
- The Effect of Behavioral and Physiological Factors on Obesity Risk in ChildrenKaren B Dorsey; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Drs. Dorsey and Krumholz have assembled a group of diverse mentors and advisors to assist her with training, the ..
- The Role of Lung Volumes in Nocturnal AsthmaROBERT LLEWELLYN OWENS; Fiscal Year: 2013..His laboratory has ongoing collaborations with renowned respiratory physiologists (such as Drs. Steven Loring and Jeffrey Fredberg), and asthma clinical researchers (Dr...
- PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY TRAINING GRANTHarry Koo; Fiscal Year: 2003..in the following areas of research: molecular mechanisms of injury and repair of progressive renal diseases (Drs. J. Chan, Scheinman; growth failure and growth hormone secretion and female reproductive functions in uremia (Drs...
- Biofilm Population Structure in the Gangetic DeltaGary Schoolnik; Fiscal Year: 2006..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) [unreadable] The research project summarized below, a collaboration between Drs. Schoolnik and Md...
- Patterns of Drug Use and Abuse in the Brazilian Rave CultureJames Inciardi; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This well-crafted, revised application proposes a partnership between Drs. Inciardi and Surratt from the University of Delaware and Dr. Pechansky from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul...
- Development of a novel whole genome amplification method that mimics natureHuimin Kong; Fiscal Year: 2009..is the exclusive licensee for a novel, primase-based Whole Genome Amplification (pWGA) technology invented by Drs. Stanley Tabor and Charles Richardson at Harvard Medical School...
- Behavioral Health Informatics Capacity-Building in ChinaRobert Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will entail review of the U.S. program by Drs. Lau and Peng, and their staffs and the conduct of a small ethnographic study in Shenzhen, to better understand the ..
- Immunoglobulin CDR-H3 and neutralizing antibodies to HIVHarry Schroeder; Fiscal Year: 2009..And, our studies foster collaboration between two established basic B cell immunologists, Drs. Schroeder and Kearney;and two experts in HIV, Drs. Haynes and Shaw...
- High-Speed, Depth-Resolved Images of Cardiac physiologyGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Drs. Alan Waggoner (at Carnegie-Mellon University, Director of the Center for Light Microscope Imaging and ..