Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SRCAP
Description: Snf2 related CREBBP activator protein
Alias: DOMO1, EAF1, FLHS, SWR1, helicase SRCAP, Snf2-related CBP activator protein, Swi2/Snf2-related ATPase homolog, domino homolog 1, domino homolog 2
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of a novel SNF2/SWI2 protein family member, SRCAP, which interacts with CREB-binding proteinH Johnston
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 274:16370-6. 1999..Here we report that CBP also interacts with a novel ATPase termed Snf2-Related CBP Activator Protein (SRCAP)...
- Hepatitis C virus NS5A protein modulates transcription through a novel cellular transcription factor SRCAPA K Ghosh
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 275:7184-8. 2000..have demonstrated that NS5A interacts with the C-terminal end of a newly identified cellular transcription factor, SRCAP. The authenticity of this interaction was verified by a mammalian two-hybrid assay, in vitro pull-down experiment, ..
- Regulation of cAMP-responsive element-binding protein-mediated transcription by the SNF2/SWI-related protein, SRCAPM A Monroy
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 276:40721-6. 2001b>SRCAP (SNF2-related CPB activator protein) belongs to the SNF2 family of proteins whose members participate in various aspects of transcriptional regulation, including chromatin remodeling...
- Adenovirus DNA binding protein inhibits SrCap-activated CBP and CREB-mediated transcriptionXiequn Xu
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, Saint Louis, MO 63104, USA
Virology 313:615-21. 2003The SNF2-related CBP activator protein (SrCap) is a potent activator of transcription mediated by CBP and CREB...
- The mammalian YL1 protein is a shared subunit of the TRRAP/TIP60 histone acetyltransferase and SRCAP complexesYong Cai
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:13665-70. 2005..evidence that YL1 is also a component of a novel mammalian multiprotein complex that includes the SNF2-related helicase SRCAP and resembles the recently described Saccharomyces cerevisiae SWR1 chromatin remodeling complex...
- Purification of a human SRCAP complex that remodels chromatin by incorporating the histone variant H2A.Z into nucleosomesDonald D Ruhl
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Biochemistry 45:5671-7. 2006The Snf-2-related CREB-binding protein activator protein (SRCAP) serves as a coactivator for a number of transcription factors known to interact with CBP...
- The chromatin remodeling protein, SRCAP, is critical for deposition of the histone variant H2A.Z at promotersMadeline M Wong
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Biol Chem 282:26132-9. 2007..Z at promoters. Using biochemical studies, we demonstrated previously that SRCAP (SNF-2-related CREB-binding protein activator protein), the human ortholog of Swr1, could catalyze deposition of ..
- Regulation of gene expression and cellular proliferation by histone H2A.ZAmy Svotelis
Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QCJ1K2R1, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 87:179-88. 2009..Z/H2B dimer by the Swr1 complex and by the SRCAP and p400/Tip60 complexes in mammalian cells. H2A...
- Structural and functional conservation of the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex from yeast to humansYannick Doyon
Laval University Cancer Research Center, Hotel Dieu de Quebec, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 24:1884-96. 2004..In conclusion, the NuA4 HAT complex is highly conserved in eukaryotes, in which it plays primary roles in transcription, cellular response to DNA damage, and cell cycle control...
- Human SRCAP and Drosophila melanogaster DOM are homologs that function in the notch signaling pathwayJoel C Eissenberg
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Edward A Doisy Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 221 N Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63101, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:6559-69. 2005The putative ATPase chromatin-remodeling machine SRCAP was identified in a yeast two-hybrid protein screen by interaction with the histone acetylase CBP...
- The Schizosaccharomyces pombe JmjC-protein, Msc1, prevents H2A.Z localization in centromeric and subtelomeric chromatin domainsLuke Buchanan
Genomics, BioInnovationsZentrum, Technische Universitat Dresden, Dresden, Germany
PLoS Genet 5:e1000726. 2009..Genes within and adjacent to subtelomeric chromatin become overexpressed in the absence of either Msc1, Swr1, or paradoxically H2A.Z itself. We also show that H2A...
- Gal4-VP16 directs ATP-independent chromatin reorganization in a yeast chromatin assembly systemKaren M Robinson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Biochemistry 44:4551-61. 2005..namely, the histone chaperones NAP1, ASF1, and CAC1 and the SNF2-like DEAD/H ATPases SNF2, ISW1, ISW2, CHD1, SWR1, YFR038w, and SPT20, does not significantly perturb reorganization...
- NuA4 and SWR1-C: two chromatin-modifying complexes with overlapping functions and componentsPhoebe Y T Lu
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, Child and Family Research Institute, Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V5Z4H4, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 87:799-815. 2009..b>SWR1-C is an ATP-dependent histone deposition complex for the histone variant H2A...
- Repression of flowering in Arabidopsis requires activation of FLOWERING LOCUS C expression by the histone variant H2A.ZRoger B Deal
Department of Genetics, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 USA
Plant Cell 19:74-83. 2007..In yeast and humans, H2A.Z is deposited into chromatin by a conserved protein complex known as SWR1 and SRCAP, respectively...
- GAS41 is required for repression of the p53 tumor suppressor pathway during normal cellular proliferationJeong Hyeon Park
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:4006-16. 2006GAS41 is a common subunit of the TIP60 and SRCAP complexes and is essential for cell growth and viability. Here, we report that GAS41 is required for repression of the p53 tumor suppressor pathway during normal cellular proliferation...
- Mapping genomic targets of DNA helicases by chromatin immunoprecipitation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJennifer Cobb
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Methods Mol Biol 587:113-26. 2010..maintenance (Mcm) proteins 2-7, the RecQ helicase Sgs1 as well as the Rvb1 and Rvb2 helicase-containing INO80 and SWR1 chromatin remodeling complexes...
- The elongation domain of ELL is dispensable but its ELL-associated factor 1 interaction domain is essential for MLL-ELL-induced leukemogenesisR T Luo
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:5678-87. 2001..ELL is an RNA polymerase II elongation factor that interacts with the recently identified EAF1 (ELL associated factor 1) protein...
- The chromatin remodeling factor SRCAP modulates expression of prostate specific antigen and cellular proliferation in prostate cancer cellsArtur Slupianek
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Physiol 224:369-75. 2010The SNF2-related CBP activator protein (SRCAP) serves as a coactivator for several nuclear receptors including the androgen receptor (AR)...
- SEF, a new protein required for flowering repression in Arabidopsis, interacts with PIE1 and ARP6Rosana March-Diaz
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Universidad de Sevilla, E 41092 Seville, Spain
Plant Physiol 143:893-901. 2007The SWR1/SRCAP complex is a chromatin-remodeling complex that has been shown to be involved in substitution of histone H2A by the histone variant H2A.Z in yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) and animals...
- Negative feedback regulation of Wnt4 signaling by EAF1 and EAF2/U19Xiaoyang Wan
Key Laboratory of Biodiversity and Conservation of Aquatic Organisms, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 5:e9118. 2010Previous studies indicated that EAF (ELL-associated factor) family members, EAF1 and EAF2/U19, play a role in cancer and embryogenesis. For example, EAF2/U19 may serve as a tumor suppressor in prostate cancer...
- Swc2 is a widely conserved H2AZ-binding module essential for ATP-dependent histone exchangeWei Hua Wu
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, US National Institutes of Health, Building 37, Room 6068, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:1064-71. 2005..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, deposition of histone H2AZ is mediated by the multiprotein SWR1 complex, which catalyzes ATP-dependent exchange of nucleosomal histone H2A for H2AZ...
- A novel nuclear receptor corepressor complex, N-CoR, contains components of the mammalian SWI/SNF complex and the corepressor KAP-1C Underhill
Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Oncology, and Biochemistry, Cancer Research Laboratories, London Regional Cancer Centre, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:40463-70. 2000..These results suggest that N-CoR is found in distinct multiprotein complexes, which are involved in multiple pathways of transcriptional repression...
- SNF2-related CBP activator protein (SRCAP) functions as a coactivator of steroid receptor-mediated transcription through synergistic interactions with CARM-1 and GRIP-1M Alexandra Monroy
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63122, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:2519-28. 2003b>SRCAP (SNF2-related CBP activator protein) is a 350-kDa protein that shares homology with the SNF2 family of proteins whose members function in various aspects of transcriptional regulation...
- ATP-driven exchange of histone H2AZ variant catalyzed by SWR1 chromatin remodeling complexGaku Mizuguchi
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 37, Room 6068, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Science 303:343-8. 2004..How histone variants such as H2AZ are incorporated into nucleosomes has been obscure. We have found that Swr1, a Swi2/Snf2-related adenosine triphosphatase, is the catalytic core of a multisubunit, histone-variant exchanger ..
- Regulation of chromosome stability by the histone H2A variant Htz1, the Swr1 chromatin remodeling complex, and the histone acetyltransferase NuA4Nevan J Krogan
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1L6
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13513-8. 2004..are required for bulk histone H4 acetylation and are functionally linked to the histone H2A variant Htz1 and the Swr1 ATPase complex (SWR-C) that assembles Htz1 into chromatin, whereas Eaf5 and Eaf7 have a different, as yet undefined,..
- X-ray survival characteristics and genetic analysis for nine Saccharomyces deletion mutants that show altered radiation sensitivityJohn C Game
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Genetics 169:51-63. 2005..present data for deletion mutants involving the genes DOT1, MDM20, NAT3, SPT7, SPT20, GCN5, HFI1, DCC1, and VID21/EAF1 and discuss their potential roles in repair...
- The Yaf9 component of the SWR1 and NuA4 complexes is required for proper gene expression, histone H4 acetylation, and Htz1 replacement near telomeresHaiying Zhang
Department of Oncological Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Utah, 2000 Circle of Hope, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9424-36. 2004..Yaf9 is also associated with the SWR1 complex, which deposits the histone H2A variant Htz1...
- Identification of proteins interacting with Toxoplasma SRCAP by yeast two-hybrid screeningKaruna C Nallani
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Medical Sciences Building Room A 525, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Parasitol Res 95:236-42. 2005..ATPase subdomains IV and V of TgSRCAP was chosen as "bait" since the corresponding region in human SRCAP interacts with other proteins, including CREB binding protein...
- Chromatin modifications in DNA repairAshby J Morrison
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Carcinogenesis, Science Park Research Division, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
Results Probl Cell Differ 41:109-25. 2006..In particular, chromatin-modifying complexes, such as the INO80, SWR1, RSC, and SWI/SNF ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling complexes and the NuA4 and Tip60 histone acetyltransferase ..
- Interplay between Ino80 and Swr1 chromatin remodeling enzymes regulates cell cycle checkpoint adaptation in response to DNA damageManolis Papamichos-Chronakis
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Genes Dev 20:2437-49. 2006Ino80 and Swr1 are ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling enzymes that have been implicated in DNA repair. Here we show that Ino80 is required for cell cycle checkpoint adaptation in response to a persistent DNA double-strand break (DSB)...
- Histone H2A.Z and DNA methylation are mutually antagonistic chromatin marksDaniel Zilberman
University of California, 211 Koshland Hall, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 456:125-9. 2008..In contrast to methylation, the histone variant H2A.Z is preferentially deposited by the Swr1 ATPase complex near 5' ends of genes where it promotes transcriptional competence. How DNA methylation and H2A...
- Chromatin remodelling beyond transcription: the INO80 and SWR1 complexesAshby J Morrison
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park Research Division, Department of Carcinogenesis, Smithville, Texas 78957, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 10:373-84. 2009..The ability of chromatin modifiers, including the INO80 and SWR1 chromatin-remodelling complexes, to regulate transcriptional processes is well established...
- Asf1-like structure of the conserved Yaf9 YEATS domain and role in H2A.Z deposition and acetylationAlice Y Wang
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, Child and Family Research Institute, and Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4H4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:21573-8. 2009..of both the essential histone acetyltransferase complex NuA4 and the ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex SWR1-C, which deposits histone variant H2A.Z into euchromatin...
- SWR1 complex poises heterochromatin boundaries for antisilencing activity propagationBo O Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Mol Cell Biol 30:2391-400. 2010..In this study, we show that the chromatin-remodeling complex SWR1 (SWR1-C) uses a distinct strategy to regulate heterochromatin spreading...
- Roles for H2A.Z and its acetylation in GAL1 transcription and gene induction, but not GAL1-transcriptional memoryJeffrey E Halley
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, and California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California, United States
PLoS Biol 8:e1000401. 2010..Z, the SWR1 complex, which deposits H2A...
- Genetic analysis implicates the Set3/Hos2 histone deacetylase in the deposition and remodeling of nucleosomes containing H2A.ZMingda Hang
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Genetics 187:1053-66. 2011..Among the identified loss-of-function suppressors are genes encoding subunits of the HDA1 deacetylase complex, the SWR1 complex, the H2B deubiquitination module of SAGA, the proteasome, Set1, and Sir3...
- Not all floating-harbor syndrome cases are due to mutations in exon 34 of SRCAPCarine Le Goff
Department of Genetics, INSERM U781, Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Institut Imagine, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 34:88-92. 2013..Using exome sequencing, we identified SRCAP as the disease gene in two cases and subsequently found SRCAP truncating mutations in 6/9 cases...
- The Arabidopsis SWR1 chromatin-remodeling complex is important for DNA repair, somatic recombination, and meiosisMarisa Rosa
Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 1030 Viena, Austria
Plant Cell 25:1990-2001. 2013..Here, we show that the Swi2/Snf2-related (SWR1 complex), known to deposit histone H2A.Z, is also important for DNA repair in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- The human RVB complex is required for efficient transcription of type I interferon-stimulated genesLeonid Gnatovskiy
Departments of Pathology and Microbiology
Mol Cell Biol 33:3817-25. 2013..binding proteins contained in chromatin-remodeling complexes such as Ino80, SNF2-related CBP activator protein (SRCAP), and Tip60/NuA4, interacted with the transactivation domain of STAT2 in the nuclei of IFN-stimulated cells...
- Nucleosome-free region dominates histone acetylation in targeting SWR1 to promoters for H2A.Z replacementAnand Ranjan
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Electronic address
Cell 154:1232-45. 2013..Whereas the multisubunit chromatin remodeler SWR1 is known to catalyze ATP-dependent deposition of H2A.Z, the mechanism of SWR1 recruitment to S...
- Zebrafish eaf1 suppresses foxo3b expression to modulate transcriptional activity of gata1 and spi1 in primitive hematopoiesisBo Hu
Key Laboratory of Aquatic Biodiversity and Conservation, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Dev Biol 388:81-93. 2014Studies implicate a potential role for EAF1 in MLL-ELL induced leukemogenesis; however the biological function of EAF1 in this process remains unknown...
- The catalytic subunit of the SWR1 remodeler is a histone chaperone for the H2A.Z-H2B dimerJingjun Hong
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell 53:498-505. 2014..The multisubunit nucleosome-remodeling enzyme complex SWR1, conserved from yeast to mammals, catalyzes the ATP-dependent replacement of histone H2A in canonical nucleosomes ..
- High-resolution profiling of stationary-phase survival reveals yeast longevity factors and their genetic interactionsErika Garay
Laboratorio Nacional de Genómica para la Biodiversidad, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Irapuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
PLoS Genet 10:e1004168. 2014..We show that lifespan extension by dietary restriction depends on the Swr1 histone-exchange complex and that a functional link between autophagy and the lipid-homeostasis factor Arv1 has an ..
- Anp32e, a higher eukaryotic histone chaperone directs preferential recognition for H2A.ZZhuo Mao
1 Graduate Program, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China 2 National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing 102206, China
Cell Res 24:389-99. 2014..Z is specifically catalyzed by the yeast chromatin remodeling complex SWR1 and its mammalian counterpart SRCAP. However, the mechanism by which H2A.Z is preferentially recognized by non-histone proteins remains elusive...
- The human SRCAP chromatin remodeling complex promotes DNA-end resectionShunli Dong
Life Sciences Institute, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, China
Curr Biol 24:2097-110. 2014..In vertebrates, DSB resection is initiated by the collaborative action of CtIP and the MRE11-RAD50-NBS1 (MRN) complex. However, how this process occurs within the context of chromatin is still not well understood...
- H3K4 monomethylation dictates nucleosome dynamics and chromatin remodeling at stress-responsive genesMariona Nadal-Ribelles
Cell Signaling Unit, Departament de Ciencies Experimentals i de la Salut, Universitat Pompeu Fabra UPF, Parc de Recerca Biomédica de Barcelona PRBB, Barcelona, Spain
Nucleic Acids Res 43:4937-49. 2015..of H3K4 monomethylation permits that the association of alternative remodelers with stress-responsive genes and the Swr1 complex (SWR-C) is instrumental in the induction of gene expression upon stress...
- H2A histone-fold and DNA elements in nucleosome activate SWR1-mediated H2A.Z replacement in budding yeastAnand Ranjan
Janelia Research Campus, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ashburn, United States
elife 4:e06845. 2015..The chromatin remodeler SWR1 mediates site-specific incorporation of H2A...
- Elucidating the cancer-specific genetic alteration spectrum of glioblastoma derived cell lines from whole exome and RNA sequencingVikas Patil
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Oncotarget 6:43452-71. 2015..Chromatin modifying genes- ATRX, MLL3, MLL4, SETD2 and SRCAP also showed alterations...
- De Novo and Rare Variants at Multiple Loci Support the Oligogenic Origins of Atrioventricular Septal Heart DefectsJames R Priest
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1005963. 2016..ADAM17, CHRD, IFT140, PTPRJ, RYR1 and ATE1), and hypomorphic alleles of genes causing syndromic CHD (EHMT1, SRCAP, BBS2, NOTCH2, and KMT2D) in 14 of 59 trios, greatly exceeding variation in control trios without CHD (p = 9...
- Regulation of MicroRNA-Mediated Developmental Changes by the SWR1 Chromatin Remodeling ComplexKyuha Choi
Laboratory of Plant Developmental Genetics, School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, 151 742, Korea K C, J K, M O, I L and Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EA, United Kingdom K C, S Y M, C U, I H
Plant Physiol 171:1128-43. 2016The ATP-dependent SWR1 chromatin remodeling complex (SWR1-C) exchanges the histone H2A-H2B dimer with the H2A.Z-H2B dimer, producing variant nucleosomes...
- ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling and DNA double-strand break repairHaico van Attikum
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Basel, Switzerland
Cell Cycle 4:1011-4. 2005..We also discuss the possible role of SWR1- and TIP60-mediated nucleosomal histone exchange in DNA repair.
- Histone H2AZ dimerizes with a novel variant H2B and is enriched at repetitive DNA in Trypanosoma bruceiJoanna E Lowell
Laboratory of Molecular Parasitology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Cell Sci 118:5721-30. 2005..H2AZ is incorporated into nucleosomes as a heterodimer with H2B, by the SWR1 ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling complex...
- Molecular architecture of the ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling complex SWR1Vu Q Nguyen
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Cell 154:1220-31. 2013The ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling complex SWR1 exchanges a variant histone H2A.Z/H2B dimer for a canonical H2A/H2B dimer at nucleosomes flanking histone-depleted regions, such as promoters. This localization of H2A...
- SWR-C and INO80 chromatin remodelers recognize nucleosome-free regions near +1 nucleosomesKuangyu Yen
Center for Eukaryotic Gene Regulation, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Cell 154:1246-56. 2013SWR-C/SWR1 and INO80 are multisubunit complexes that catalyze the deposition and removal, respectively, of histone variant H2A.Z from the first nucleosome at the start of genes. How they target and engage these +1 nucleosomes is unclear...
- Eaf1 and Eaf2 negatively regulate canonical Wnt/β-catenin signalingJing Xia Liu
Key Laboratory of Biodiversity and Conservation of Aquatic Organisms, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, 430072, PR China
Development 140:1067-78. 2013..We found that eaf1 and eaf2 inhibit Wnt/β-catenin signaling, thereby modulating mesodermal and neural patterning in the embryo...
- Arabidopsis thaliana VOZ (Vascular plant One-Zinc finger) transcription factors are required for proper regulation of flowering timeHelena Celesnik
Department of Biology, Program in Molecular Plant Biology, Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1878, USA
Biol Open 2:424-31. 2013..atvoz2-1 correlated with increased expression of several FLC activators, including components of the PAF1 and SWR1 chromatin-modifying complexes...
- Eafs control erythroid cell fate by regulating c-myb expression through Wnt signalingXufa Ma
College of Fisheries, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, P R China
PLoS ONE 8:e64576. 2013ELL associated factor 1 and ELL associated factor 2 (EAF1/2 factors) are reported to play important roles in tumor suppression and embryogenesis...
- EAF1, a novel ELL-associated factor that is delocalized by expression of the MLL-ELL fusion proteinF Simone
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Blood 98:201-9. 2001..A novel protein was isolated from a yeast 2-hybrid screen with ELL that was named EAF1 for ELL-associated factor 1...
- ELL and EAF1 are Cajal body components that are disrupted in MLL-ELL leukemiaPaul E Polak
University of Chicago Section of Hematology Oncology, Chicago, Illinois 60637 1470, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:1517-28. 2003..ELL is an RNA Polymerase II (Pol II) transcriptional elongation factor that interacts with the recently identified EAF1 protein. Here, we show that ELL and EAF1 are components of Cajal bodies (CBs)...
- Expression of murine ELL-associated factor 2 (Eaf2) is developmentally regulatedMin Li
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Division of Craniofacial Sciences and Therapeutics, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Dev Dyn 228:273-80. 2003Eaf2, ELL-associated factor 2, encodes a protein that is homologous to the human EAF1, which was shown to interact with the transcriptional elongation factor MEN/ELL...
- A protein complex containing the conserved Swi2/Snf2-related ATPase Swr1p deposits histone variant H2A.Z into euchromatinMichael S Kobor
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E131. 2004..Metazoan orthologs of Swr1p (Drosophila Domino; human SRCAP and p400) may have analogous functions.
- Binding of chromatin-modifying activities to phosphorylated histone H2A at DNA damage sitesJessica A Downs
The Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute and Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 16:979-90. 2004..Arp4 is also a subunit of the Ino80 and Swr1 chromatin remodeling complexes, which also interact with H2A P-Ser129 and are recruited to DSBs...
- Preferential occupancy of histone variant H2AZ at inactive promoters influences local histone modifications and chromatin remodelingBing Li
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 East 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18385-90. 2005..localization analysis revealed that Htz1 is widely, but nonrandomly, distributed throughout the genome in an SWR1-dependent manner. We found that Htz1 is enriched in intergenic regions compared with coding regions...
- INO80 subfamily of chromatin remodeling complexesYunhe Bao
Department of Carcinogenesis, Science Park Research Division, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Mutat Res 618:18-29. 2007..Recently characterized INO80 and SWR1 complexes belong to a subfamily of these chromatin remodelers and are characterized by a split ATPase domain in the ..
- Arabidopsis homologs of components of the SWR1 complex regulate flowering and plant developmentKyuha Choi
National Research Laboratory of Plant Developmental Genetics, Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Development 134:1931-41. 2007The SWR1 complex (SWR1C) in yeast catalyzes the replacement of nucleosomal H2A with the H2AZ variant, which ensures full activation of underlying genes...
- p21 transcription is regulated by differential localization of histone H2A.ZNicolas Gévry
Departement de Biologie, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1K 2R1, Canada
Genes Dev 21:1869-81. 2007..H2A.Z is deposited at these loci by an ATP-dependent complex, Swr1.com. Here we show that H2A.Z suppresses the p53 --> p21 transcription and senescence responses...
- Eaf1 is the platform for NuA4 molecular assembly that evolutionarily links chromatin acetylation to ATP-dependent exchange of histone H2A variantsAndréanne Auger
Laval University Cancer Research Center, Hôtel Dieu de Québec CHUQ, 9 McMahon St, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 28:2257-70. 2008..This domain is highly related to the yeast Swr1 protein, which is responsible for the incorporation of histone variant H2AZ in chromatin...
- Probabilistic assembly of human protein interaction networks from label-free quantitative proteomicsMihaela E Sardiu
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1454-9. 2008..contained proteins affinity-purified with 27 different epitope-tagged components of the chromatin remodeling SRCAP, hINO80, and TRRAP/TIP60 complexes, and the nutrient sensing complex Uri/Prefoldin...
- Human Rvb1/Tip49 is required for the histone acetyltransferase activity of Tip60/NuA4 and for the downregulation of phosphorylation on H2AX after DNA damageSudhakar Jha
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Jordan 1240, 1300 Jefferson Park Ave, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2690-700. 2008..that are part of various chromatin-remodeling complexes, such as Ino80, SNF2-related CBP activator protein (SRCAP), and Tip60/NuA4 complexes, but their molecular function is unclear...
- Mutations in the Arabidopsis SWC6 gene, encoding a component of the SWR1 chromatin remodelling complex, accelerate flowering time and alter leaf and flower developmentAna Lazaro
Departamento de Biotecnologia, Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Tecnología Agraria y Alimentaria Centro de Biotecnologia y Genómica de Plantas INIA UAU, Ctra de A Coruña, Km 7, 5, Madrid 28040, Spain
J Exp Bot 59:653-66. 2008Mutations affecting the Arabidopsis SWC6 gene encoding a putative orthologue of a component of the SWR1 chromatin remodelling complex in plants have been characterized...
- Genetic and biochemical analysis of yeast and human cap trimethylguanosine synthase: functional overlap of 2,2,7-trimethylguanosine caps, small nuclear ribonucleoprotein components, pre-mRNA splicing factors, and RNA decay pathwaysStephane Hausmann
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Medicine, University of Geneva, CH1211 Geneva, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 283:31706-18. 2008..processing and decay (Pat1, Lsm1, and Trf4) and regulation of polymerase II transcription (Rpn4, Spt3, Srb2, Soh1, Swr1, and Htz1). We find that the C-terminal domain of human Tgs1 can function in lieu of the yeast protein in vivo...
- Crosstalk between histone modifications during the DNA damage responseHaico van Attikum
Department of Toxicogenetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Einthovenweg 20, 2333 ZC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Trends Cell Biol 19:207-17. 2009..and function of DNA repair factors (MDC1, RNF8, RNF168, 53BP1, BRCA1) and chromatin remodeling complexes (INO80, SWR1, TIP60-p400) at DSBs...
- Cooperative action of TIP48 and TIP49 in H2A.Z exchange catalyzed by acetylation of nucleosomal H2AJongkyu Choi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:5993-6007. 2009..The big complex contains most components of the SRCAP chromatin remodeling and TIP60 HAT complexes, whereas the small complex possesses only a subset of SRCAP and TIP60 ..
- The beauty of being a variant: H2A.Z and the SWR1 complex in plantsRosana March-Diaz
Andalusian Center for Molecular Biology and Regenerative Medicine CABIMER, CSIC, Americo Vespucio s n, E 41092 Sevilla, Spain
Mol Plant 2:565-77. 2009..studies from several laboratories has revealed that plants contain a multiprotein complex, similar to the SWR1/SRCAP complex from yeast and animals, involved in H2A.Z deposition...
- NuA4-dependent acetylation of nucleosomal histones H4 and H2A directly stimulates incorporation of H2A.Z by the SWR1 complexMohammed Altaf
Laval University Cancer Research Center, Hotel Dieu de Quebec, CHUQ, Quebec City, Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:15966-77. 2010..The SWR1 complex is responsible for incorporation of Htz1 into nucleosomes through ATP-dependent exchange of canonical H2A-..
- Preparation of Sr-containing carbonate apatite as a bone substitute and its propertiesAkiko Sakai
Section of Bioengineering, Department of Dental Engineering, Fukuoka Dental College, Fukuoka 814 0193, Japan
Dent Mater J 31:197-205. 2012Sr-containing carbonate apatite (SrCAp) specimens of varied Sr contents, ranging from 0 to 13.3 mol%, were prepared through a phosphate treatment of set gypsum-and-carbonate mixture at 100°C for 7 days...
- The actin family member Arp6 and the histone variant H2A.Z are required for spatial positioning of chromatin in chicken cell nucleiEri Ohfuchi Maruyama
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi 1 1, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
J Cell Sci 125:3739-43. 2012..Arp6 is an essential component of the SRCAP chromatin remodeling complex, which deposits the histone variant H2A.Z into chromatin...
- Physical and functional interactions between Drosophila homologue of Swc6/p18Hamlet subunit of the SWR1/SRCAP chromatin-remodeling complex with the DNA repair/transcription factor TFIIHMariana Herrera-Cruz
Department of Developmental Genetics, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca Morelos, Mexico
J Biol Chem 287:33567-80. 2012..Dmp8) is encoded in a bicistronic transcript with the homolog of the Swc6/p18(Hamlet) subunit (Dmp18) of the SWR1/SRCAP chromatin remodeling complex...
- Biochemical assay for histone H2A.Z replacement by the yeast SWR1 chromatin remodeling complexGaku Mizuguchi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Farm Research Campus, Ashburn, Virginia, USA
Methods Enzymol 512:275-91. 2012..Saccharomyces cerevisiae Swr1, a Swi2/Snf2-related ATPase, is the catalytic core of a multisubunit chromatin remodeling enzyme, called the SWR1 ..
- ΔNp63α represses anti-proliferative genes via H2A.Z depositionCorrie L Gallant-Behm
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Genes Dev 26:2325-36. 2012..We found that ΔNp63α associates with the SRCAP chromatin regulatory complex involved in H2A/H2A.Z exchange and mediates H2A.Z deposition at its target loci...
- Floating-Harbor syndrome and polycystic kidneys associated with SRCAP mutationMichael Reschen
Oxford Kidney Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, UK
Am J Med Genet A 158:3196-200. 2012..disorder recently shown to be caused by mutations in the Snf2-related CREB-binding protein activator protein gene (SRCAP)...
- Adenovirus DNA binding protein interacts with the SNF2-related CBP activator protein (SrCap) and inhibits SrCap-mediated transcriptionX Xu
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, St Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Virol 75:10033-40. 2001The SNF2-related CBP activator protein, SrCap (pronounced "sir cap"), shares homology with the SNF2/SWI2 protein family. SrCap was cloned through its ability to bind CBP...
- ELL-associated factor 2 (EAF2), a functional homolog of EAF1 with alternative ELL binding propertiesFederico Simone
University of Chicago, Section of Hematology Oncology, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Blood 101:2355-62. 2003..ELL is an RNA polymerase II elongation factor that interacts with the recently identified EAF1 protein...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of an SRCAP chromatin remodeling homologue in Toxoplasma gondiiWilliam J Sullivan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Room A 527, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5120, USA
Parasitol Res 90:1-8. 2003We have identified and mapped a gene in Toxoplasma gondii that encodes a homologue of SRCAP (Snf2-related CBP activator protein), a member of the SNF/SWI family of chromatin remodeling factors...
- Identification of a novel tissue-specific transcriptional activator FESTA as a protein that interacts with the transcription elongation factor S-IIKayoko Saso
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033
J Biochem 133:493-500. 2003..contains a serine-rich region and a C-terminal tail that are highly similar to those of the ELL-associated factor EAF1. Reporter gene assays indicated that both GAL4-FESTA-S and GAL4-FESTA-L fusion proteins have trans-activating ..
- Replication-independent assembly of nucleosome arrays in a novel yeast chromatin reconstitution system involves antisilencing factor Asf1p and chromodomain protein Chd1pKaren M Robinson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Mol Cell Biol 23:7937-46. 2003..histone-binding factors (NAP1, ASF1, and a subunit of CAF-I) and SNF2-like DEAD/H ATPases (SNF2, ISW1, ISW2, CHD1, SWR1, YFR038w, and SPT20) were screened for activity in this replication-independent system...
- Rvb1p/Rvb2p recruit Arp5p and assemble a functional Ino80 chromatin remodeling complexZophonias O Jonsson
University of Virginia School of Medicine, Jordan 1240, 1300 Jefferson Park Avenue, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Cell 16:465-77. 2004..com and Swr1.com. Loss of Rvb1p or Ino80p affects many yeast promoters similarly...
- The nuclear actin-related protein ARP6 is a pleiotropic developmental regulator required for the maintenance of FLOWERING LOCUS C expression and repression of flowering in ArabidopsisRoger B Deal
Department of Genetics, Davison Life Sciences Complex, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Plant Cell 17:2633-46. 2005..of other eukaryotic ARP6s, including Saccharomyces cerevisiae ARP6, which was identified as a component of the SWR1 chromatin remodeling complex...
- SUPPRESSOR OF FRIGIDA3 encodes a nuclear ACTIN-RELATED PROTEIN6 required for floral repression in ArabidopsisKyuha Choi
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Plant Cell 17:2647-60. 2005..PROTEIN6 (ARP6), the homolog of which in yeast is a component of an ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling SWR1 complex...
- A mammalian chromatin remodeling complex with similarities to the yeast INO80 complexJingji Jin
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41207-12. 2005..called Rvb1 and Rvb2, respectively, are subunits of two distinct ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes, SWR1 and INO80...
- Histone variant H2A.Z marks the 5' ends of both active and inactive genes in euchromatinRyan M Raisner
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, 600 16th Street, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Cell 123:233-48. 2005..Efficient deposition of H2A.Z is further promoted by a specific pattern of histone H3 and H4 tail acetylation and the bromodomain protein Bdf1, a component of the Swr1 remodeling complex that deposits H2A.Z.
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae histone H2A variant Htz1 is acetylated by NuA4Michael Christopher Keogh
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 20:660-5. 2006..The Swr1-Complex (SWR-C) inserts Htz1 into chromatin and shares several subunits with the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase...
- Telomeric heterochromatin boundaries require NuA4-dependent acetylation of histone variant H2A.Z in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJoshua E Babiarz
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720 3202, USA
Genes Dev 20:700-10. 2006b>SWR1-Com, which is responsible for depositing H2A.Z into chromatin, shares four subunits with the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex. This overlap in composition led us to test whether H2A...
- Isw1 functions in parallel with the NuA4 and Swr1 complexes in stress-induced gene repressionKimberly C Lindstrom
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:6117-29. 2006..We identified a three-way genetic interaction among Isw1, the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex, and the Swr1 histone replacement complex...
- Temporal regulation of foregut development by HTZ-1/H2A.Z and PHA-4/FoxADustin L Updike
Department of Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS Genet 2:e161. 2006..Here we show that Caenorhabditis elegans HTZ-1/H2A.Z and the remodeling complex MYS-1/ESA1-SSL-1/SWR1 synergize with the FoxA transcription factor PHA-4 to coordinate temporal gene expression during foregut ..
- Identification and Characterization of a Schizosaccharomyces pombe RNA Polymerase II Elongation Factor with Similarity to the Metazoan Transcription Factor ELLCharles A S Banks
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
J Biol Chem 282:5761-9. 2007..ELL-associated factors 1 and 2 (EAF1 and EAF2) bind stably to ELL family members and act as strong positive regulators of their transcription activities...
- Chz1, a nuclear chaperone for histone H2AZEd Luk
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell 25:357-68. 2007..The incorporation of H2AZ into chromatin is dependent on the SWR1 complex, which catalyses the replacement of conventional histone H2A with H2AZ...
- Control of transcription by Pontin and ReptinPeter Gallant
Zoologisches Institut, Universitat Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Trends Cell Biol 17:187-92. 2007..The two proteins share residence in different multiprotein complexes, such as the Tip60, Ino80, SRCAP and Uri1 complexes in animals, which are involved (directly or indirectly) in transcriptional regulation, but they ..
- The Tup1 corepressor directs Htz1 deposition at a specific promoter nucleosome marking the GAL1 gene for rapid activationThomas Gligoris
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation of Research and Technology, University of Crete, P O Box 1527, Vassilika Vouton, 711 10 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Mol Cell Biol 27:4198-205. 2007The SWR1 complex (SWR1-C)-dependent deposition of the histone variant Htz1 on promoter nucleosomes is typical of Saccharomyces cerevisiae genes whose expression is frequently reprogrammed...
- Functional Analysis of the Chromatin Remodeling Factor SRCAP in Prostate CellsM Alexandra Monroy; Fiscal Year: 2012..The SNF2-related CBP activator protein (SRCAP) is an ATPase that is the core subunit of a large multiprotein chromatin remodeling complex and incorporates the ..
- Andres Leschziner; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our model systems, both ~1MDa, are the S. cerevisiae remodelers RSC, which slides octamers, and SWR1, which exchanges H2A.Z/H2B dimers for the native H2A/H2B...
- SRCAP Regulation of CREB and GR-mediated TranscriptionJohn Chrivia; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have identified a novel protein termed SRCAP (SNF2-Related-CBP-Activator Protein) that binds to a region within CBP shown to be important for CBP to function ..
- Role of SRCAP in AR-Mediated TranscriptionMARIA MONROY; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>SRCAP (SNF2-Related CBP Activator Protein) is a 350 KD protein characterized by a conserved ATPase domain found in the ..
- Repair Pathways for Ionizing Radiation Damage YeastJohn Game; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recent and existing mutants will be studied in detail with this system to determine the molecular involvement of each gene in DSB repair, sister chromatid exchange and recombination between chromosomes. ..
- GCN5-mediated transcription in AIDS pathogen ToxoplasmaWILLIAM SULLIVAN JR; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- APEs as novel drug targets in AIDS opportunistic pathogen ToxoplasmaWILLIAM SULLIVAN JR; Fiscal Year: 2008..Moreover, Toxoplasma can be informative as a model organism to study Plasmodium, the causative agent of malaria. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GCN5-mediated transcription in AIDS pathogen ToxoplasmaWILLIAM SULLIVAN JR; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, our results will fundamentally advance the fields of parasitology and eukaryotic gene expression. ..