Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SQRDL
Description: sulfide quinone reductase-like (yeast)
Alias: CGI-44, PRO1975, SQOR, sulfide dehydrogenase like, sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase, mitochondrial
- Three enzymatic activities catalyze the oxidation of sulfide to thiosulfate in mammalian and invertebrate mitochondriaTatjana M Hildebrandt
Institut fur Zoophysiologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
FEBS J 275:3352-61. 2008..This role in sulfide oxidation is an additional physiological function of the mitochondrial sulfur transferase, rhodanese...
- Oxidation of hydrogen sulfide remains a priority in mammalian cells and causes reverse electron transfer in colonocytesEmilie Lagoutte
CNRS FRE3210, Universite Rene Descartes, Site Necker 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris cedex15, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:1500-11. 2010..Consequently, the neural tissue would be more sensitive to sulfide poisoning. Our data disclose new constraints concerning the emerging signaling role of sulfide...
- Human sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase catalyzes the first step in hydrogen sulfide metabolism and produces a sulfane sulfur metaboliteMichael R Jackson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Biochemistry 51:6804-15. 2012Sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase (SQOR) is a membrane-bound enzyme that catalyzes the first step in the mitochondrial metabolism of H(2)S...
- The gasotransmitter hydrogen sulfide induces nrf2-target genes by inactivating the keap1 ubiquitin ligase substrate adaptor through formation of a disulfide bond between cys-226 and cys-613John M Hourihan
Jacqui Wood Cancer Centre, Division of Cancer Research, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Antioxid Redox Signal 19:465-81. 2013....
- A fission yeast gene for mitochondrial sulfide oxidationJ G Vande Weghe
Plant Gene Expression Center, U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Albany, California 94710, USA
J Biol Chem 274:13250-7. 1999....
- Differentially expressed transcripts from phenotypically identified olfactory sensory neuronsTun Tzu Yu
Department of Physiology and The Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience of Sensory Systems Program, The University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Comp Neurol 483:251-62. 2005..Several of the genes encode proteins that participate in these biological processes, including ATP5g3, Ndufa9, Sqrdl, Mdh1, Got1, beta-2 tubulin, Capza1, Bin3, Tom1, Acl6, and similar to O-MACS...
- Lipogenesis is decreased by grape seed proanthocyanidins according to liver proteomics of rats fed a high fat dietIsabel Baiges
Biochemistry and Biotechnology Department, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1499-513. 2010..A(2)-activating protein), METTL7B, SLC30A1, several G signaling proteins, and the sulfide-metabolizing ETHE1 and SQRDL (sulfide-quinone reductase-like) might be considered as drug targets for the treatment of metabolic syndrome.
- Proteomics reveals that redox regulation is disrupted in patients with ethylmalonic encephalopathyJohan Palmfeldt
Research Unit for Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Denmark
J Proteome Res 10:2389-96. 2011..Sulfide:quinone oxidoreductase (SQRDL), which takes part in the same sulfide pathway as ETHE1, was also underrepresented in EE patients...
- The vertebrate homolog of sulfide-quinone reductase is expressed in mitochondria of neuronal tissuesM Ackermann
Department of Neurosurgery at the University Clinic, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Neuroscience 199:1-12. 2011..enzymes, one of which is sulfide-quinone oxidoreductase (SQR), known as sulfide-quinone reductase-like protein (SQRDL) in vertebrates...