Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SPRR2D
Description: small proline-rich protein 2D
Alias: SPR-2D, SPR-II, small proline-rich protein II
- Activation of a PGC-1-related coactivator (PRC)-dependent inflammatory stress program linked to apoptosis and premature senescenceNatalie Gleyzer
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 288:8004-15. 2013..Both PRC and its targets (IL1α, SPRR2D, and SPRR2F) were rapidly induced by menadione, an agent that promotes apoptosis through the generation of ..
- Gene expression pattern and hormonal regulation of small proline-rich protein 2 family members in the female mouse reproductive system during the estrous cycle and pregnancyYin Fei Tan
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Reprod Nutr Dev 46:641-55. 2006..that the transcripts of sprr2b, 2e and 2g genes were up-regulated in the proestrous and estrous uteri, and sprr2d was up-regulated only in the estrous uterus...
- Glucocorticoid receptor regulates overlapping and differential gene subsets in developing and adult skinLisa M Sevilla
Instituto de Biomedicina de Valencia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Jaime Roig 11, E 46010 Valencia, Spain
Mol Endocrinol 24:2166-78. 2010..Whereas Krt77 and Elf5 expression remained unaffected by loss of GR in adult epidermis, Fkbp51, Sprr2d, and Defb1 were strongly repressed...
- New candidate genes identified for controlling mouse gonadal sex determination and the early stages of granulosa and Sertoli cell differentiationGerrit J Bouma
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
Biol Reprod 82:380-9. 2010..in a sexually dimorphic pattern, and whole-mount in situ hybridization analysis verified 4930563E18Rik, Pld1, and Sprr2d are expressed in XX gonads, and Fbln2, Ppargc1a, and Scrn1 are expressed in XY gonads...
- Novel markers of early ovarian pre-granulosa cells are expressed in an Sry-like patternHyunjoo J Lee
Department of Medicine, Genetics Program, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Dev Dyn 238:812-25. 2009..We identified two novel SCP markers, 1700106J16Rik and Sprr2d, whose expression is ovary-biased during early gonad development, and altered in Wnt4, Sf1, Wt1, and Fog2 mutant ..
- Association of psoriasis to PGLYRP and SPRR genes at PSORS4 locus on 1q shows heterogeneity between Finnish, Swedish and Irish familiesKati Kainu
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Exp Dermatol 18:109-15. 2009..The families supported association to the two gene regions, but there was also evidence of allelic heterogeneity...
- Expression and regulation of cornified envelope proteins in human corneal epitheliumLouis Tong
Ocular Surface Center, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:1938-46. 2006....
- Estrogen regulates the expression of the small proline-rich 2 gene family in the mouse uterusSeok Ho Hong
Department of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Mol Cells 17:477-84. 2004..In addition, they suggest that some members of the family play an important role in uterine processes such as the estrous cycle, early pregnancy and implantation...
- Differential expression of cornified cell envelope precursors in normal skin, intraorally transplanted skin and normal oral mucosaF Katou
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Tohoku University Schools of Dentistry and Medicine 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Br J Dermatol 148:898-905. 2003..Skin flaps have routinely been used as substitutes for oral mucosa after extensive resection of oral tissues. However, it remains unknown how the transplanted skin flaps perform as a host defence in the new environment of the oral cavity...
- Structural organization and regulation of the small proline-rich family of cornified envelope precursors suggest a role in adaptive barrier functionA Cabral
Department of Molecular Genetics, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 276:19231-7. 2001..Differential regulation of highly homologous genes underlines the importance of SPRR protein dosage in providing optimal barrier function to different epithelia, while allowing adaptation to diverse external insults...
- Mouse Sprr2 genes: a clustered family of genes showing differential expression in epithelial tissuesH J Song
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Genomics 55:28-42. 1999..The correlation between the physical location of the genes in the Sprr2 locus and their expression patterns suggests multiple levels of controlled expression...
- Molecular characterization and evolution of the SPRR family of keratinocyte differentiation markers encoding small proline-rich proteinsS Gibbs
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
Genomics 16:630-7. 1993..We propose that a process of homogenization has acted on the different members of one subfamily, whereas the different subfamilies appear to have diverged from each other, at the levels of both protein structure and gene regulation...
- Isolation, characterization, and UV-stimulated expression of two families of genes encoding polypeptides of related structure in human epidermal keratinocytesT Kartasova
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, State University of Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 8:2195-203. 1988..The level of mRNAs corresponding to the two groups of cDNAs is increased in the cytoplasm of human epidermal keratinocytes after both UV irradiation and treatment with 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide or 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate...
- Somatic support cell function in gonad developmentGERRIT BOUMA; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed experiments will identify genes expressed in gonadal SSCs that play a role in gonadal XY sex reversal. ..