Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SPINT2
Description: serine peptidase inhibitor, Kunitz type 2
Alias: DIAR3, HAI-2, HAI2, Kop, kunitz-type protease inhibitor 2, hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 2, serine protease inhibitor, Kunitz type, 2, testicular tissue protein Li 183
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Cryocrystallography of a Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor: the 90 K structure of winged bean chymotrypsin inhibitor (WCI) at 2.13 A resolutionS Ravichandran
Crystallography Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1/AF Bidhan Nagar, Calcutta 700 064, India
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 55:1814-21. 1999..A total of 176 ordered water molecules and five sulfate ions are included in the model...
- Bikunin suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced lethality through down-regulation of tumor necrosis factor- alpha and interleukin-1 beta in macrophagesKiyoshi Wakahara
NetForce Co, Ltd, Aichi, Japan
J Infect Dis 191:930-8. 2005..Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) is the primary mediator of gram-negative sepsis; it induces the production of macrophage-derived cytokines. It has been shown that bikunin, a Kunitz-type protease inhibitor, inhibits LPS-induced cytokine expression...
- HAI-2 is epigenetically downregulated in human hepatocellular carcinoma, and its Kunitz domain type 1 is critical for anti-invasive functionsEdmund Kwok Kwan Tung
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Liver Cancer and Hepatitis Research Laboratory and S H Ho Foundation Research Laboratories, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Int J Cancer 124:1811-9. 2009..Our findings suggest that HAI-2 is a candidate tumour suppressor gene that is frequently hypermethylated and underexpressed in human HCCs, and the KD-1 domain of HAI-2 is the key region responsible for its anti-invasive function...
- Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor, a novel Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitorT Shimomura
Research Center, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp, Aoba ku, Yokohama 227, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:6370-6. 1997..These results suggest that the inhibitor may be produced as a membrane-associated form and secreted by the producing cells as a proteolytically truncated form...
- Identification and cloning of human placental bikunin, a novel serine protease inhibitor containing two Kunitz domainsC W Marlor
Institute of Bone and Joint Disease and Cancer, Bayer Corporation, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
J Biol Chem 272:12202-8. 1997..The natural protein exhibited the same NH2 terminus as predicted from the cloned cDNA and inhibited trypsin, plasma kallikrein, and plasmin with IC50 values in the nanomolar range...
- Purification and cloning of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 2, a Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitorT Kawaguchi
Research Center, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp, Aoba ku, Yokohama 227, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:27558-64. 1997..Because HAI-2 and HAI-1 are potent inhibitors specific for HGF activator, they may be involved in regulation of proteolytic activation of HGF in injured tissues...
- Cloning of a new Kunitz-type protease inhibitor with a putative transmembrane domain overexpressed in pancreatic cancerF Müller-Pillasch
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1395:88-95. 1998..The identified gene named kop (Kunitz domain containing protein overexpressed in pancreatic cancer) was assigned to chromosome 19 in the region ..
- Potent inhibition and global co-localization implicate the transmembrane Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor-2 in the regulation of epithelial matriptase activityRoman Szabo
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 283:29495-504. 2008..Unlike HAI-1 and matriptase, however, HAI-2 expression was also detected in non-epithelial cells of brain and lymph nodes, suggesting that HAI-2 may also be involved in inhibition of serine proteases other than matriptase...
- Mutations in SPINT2 cause a syndromic form of congenital sodium diarrheaPeter Heinz-Erian
Department of Pediatrics II, Innsbruck Medical University, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Hum Genet 84:188-96. 2009..A genome-wide SNP scan was applied and identified a homozygous c.593-1G-->A splicing mutation in SPINT2, encoding a Kunitz-type serine-protease inhibitor, in one extended kindred with syndromic CSD...
- Regulation of cell surface protease matriptase by HAI2 is essential for placental development, neural tube closure and embryonic survival in miceRoman Szabo
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 136:2653-63. 2009Hypomorphic mutations in the human SPINT2 gene cause a broad spectrum of abnormalities in organogenesis, including organ and digit duplications, atresia, fistulas, hypertelorism, cleft palate and hamartoma...
- Genetic characterization of congenital tufting enteropathy: epcam associated phenotype and involvement of SPINT2 in the syndromic formJulie Salomon
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Universite Paris Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015, Paris, France
Hum Genet 133:299-310. 2014..Here we establish SPINT2, previously ascribed to congenital sodium diarrhea, as a second gene associated with CTE and report molecular and ..
- TMPRSS13, a type II transmembrane serine protease, is inhibited by hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 and activates pro-hepatocyte growth factorTomio Hashimoto
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama, Japan
FEBS J 277:4888-900. 2010..These results suggest that TMPRSS13 functions as an HGF-converting protease, the activity of which may be regulated by HAI-1...
- Molecular cloning of a novel multidomain Kunitz-type proteinase inhibitor from the hookworm Ancylostoma caninumJohn M Hawdon
Department of Microbiology and Tropical Medicine, The George Washington University Medical Center, 725 Ross Hall, 2300 Eye Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Parasitol 89:402-7. 2003..In addition, there are 44 nematode proteins containing one or more Kunitz domains in GenBank, including several with multiple domains...
- Antitussive profile of the NOP agonist Ro-64-6198 in the guinea pigRobbie L McLeod
Allergy, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, N J 07033 1300, USA
Pharmacology 71:143-9. 2004..The Ki values for Ro-64-6198 at NOP, MOP, KOP and DOP receptors was 0.3, 36, 214 and 3,787 nmol/l, respectively...
- Roles of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activator and HGF activator inhibitor in the pericellular activation of HGF/scatter factorHiroaki Kataoka
Second Department of Pathology, Miyazaki Medical College, Miyazaki, Japan
Cancer Metastasis Rev 22:223-36. 2003....
- Purification and characterization of a complex containing matriptase and a Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor from human milkC Y Lin
Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20007, USA
J Biol Chem 274:18237-42. 1999....
- Multiple sites of proteolytic cleavage to release soluble forms of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 from a transmembrane formT Shimomura
Research Center, Mitsubishi Chemical Corp, Kamoshida, Aoba ku, Yokohama, 227 8502, Japan
J Biochem 126:821-8. 1999..Further, the soluble forms of HAI-1 have different inhibitory activity against HGF activator. These findings suggest that proteolytic processing plays important roles in regulation of the inhibitory activity of HAI-1...
- Glial-restricted precursors: patterns of expression of opioid receptors and relationship to human immunodeficiency virus-1 Tat and morphine susceptibility in vitroS K Buch
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Neuroscience 146:1546-54. 2007..At 1 day in vitro (DIV), GRPs failed to express mu opioid receptors (MOR or MOP) or kappa-opioid receptors (KOR or KOP); however, at 5 DIV, most GRPs expressed MOR and KOR...
- Mouse hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activator inhibitor type 2 lacking the first Kunitz domain potently inhibits the HGF activatorHiroaki Kataoka
Second Department of Pathology, Miyazaki Medical College, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki, 889 1692, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:1096-100. 2002b>Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 2 (HAI-2) is a serine proteinase inhibitor containing two Kunitz-type inhibitor domains, initially identified as a potent inhibitor of hepatocyte growth factor activator (HGFA)...
- Cell-specific loss of kappa-opioid receptors in oligodendrocytes of the dysmyelinating jimpy mousePamela E Knapp
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Neurosci Lett 451:114-8. 2009..This paper describes a severe reduction in expression of kappa-opioid receptors (KOP) in oligodendrocytes of jimpy mice. A cell-specific reduction of >90% is apparent by 5 days of age...
- Genomic organization of the human amyloid beta-protein precursor geneS Yoshikai
Research Laboratory for Genetic Information, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Gene 87:257-63. 1990..Northern blotting showed that the transcription of the BPP gene was apparently induced by 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (phorbol derivative) in HeLa cells...
- Nociceptin inhibits vanilloid TRPV-1-mediated neurosensitization induced by fenoterol in human isolated bronchiChristophe Faisy
Unité de Recherche de l Enseignement Supérieur, Equipe d Accueil 220, Faculte de Medecine Paris Ile de France Ouest, Unité de Formation et de Recherche Biomédicale des Saint Pères, 45 rue des Saint Peres, 75006, Paris, France
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 370:167-75. 2004..Tertiapin (10 microM), an inhibitor of the inward-rectifier K(+) channels, but not naloxone (0.1 microM), a DOP/KOP/MOP receptor antagonist, prevented the inhibitory effect of nociceptin...
- Binding studies of novel, non-mammalian enkephalins, structures predicted from frog and lungfish brain cDNA sequencesE Bojnik
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Centre, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Temesvari krt 62, 6726 Szeged, Hungary
Neuroscience 158:867-74. 2009..toward the mu-opioid receptor (MOP) and DOP, while exhibiting moderate affinity toward the kappa-opioid receptor (KOP)...
- In vitro permissivity of bovine cells for wild-type and vaccinal myxoma virus strainsBéatrice Pignolet
Laboratory Interactions Hôtes Virus et Vaccinologie, UMR 1225 INRA ENVT, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, 23 Chemin des Capelles, Toulouse F 31076, France
Virol J 4:94. 2007..We showed that bovine KOP-R, BT and MDBK cell lines do not support MYXV production...
- The omptins of Yersinia pestis and Salmonella enterica cleave the reactive center loop of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1Johanna Haiko
Department of Biosciences, PO Box 56, University of Helsinki, FI 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Bacteriol 192:4553-61. 2010..Cleavage of PAI-1 was also detected with the omptins Epo of Erwinia pyrifoliae and Kop of Klebsiella pneumoniae, which both belong to the same omptin subfamily as Pla and PgtE, whereas no cleavage of ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitors (HAI-1 and HAI-2) are potential targets in uterine leiomyosarcomaKeiichiro Nakamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Kita ku, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Int J Oncol 37:605-14. 2010..These findings indicate that HAI-1 and HAI-2 may be possible tumor suppressor genes for uterine LMS and thus, both could be considered therapeutic agents for the treatment of LMS...
- Attitudes toward the elderly with CNS trauma: a cross-sectional study of neuroscientists, clinicians, and allied-health professionalsJulio C Furlan
Division of Genetics and Development, Toronto Western Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
J Neurotrauma 26:209-25. 2009..The Kogan's Old People (KOP) scale was used to assess attitudes toward elderly individuals among all members of the National Neurotrauma ..
- Anticonvulsive effects of kappa-opioid receptor modulation in an animal model of ethanol withdrawalA S Beadles-Bohling
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University Research Service, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Genes Brain Behav 5:483-96. 2006..Altered kappa-Opioid receptor (KOP-R) signaling has been observed in multiple seizure types; however, a role for this system in ethanol withdrawal ..
- Comparison of the discriminative stimulus effects of salvinorin A and its derivatives to U69,593 and U50,488 in ratsLisa E Baker
Department of Psychology, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 49008, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 203:203-11. 2009..Additionally, kappa opioid (KOP) receptor ligands may have therapeutic potential in the treatment of some neuropsychiatric conditions, including ..
- Effect of a conserved peptide derived from Kunitz domain of hepatitis B virus x protein on the cell cycle and apoptosis of HepG2 cells via the proteasome pathwayHong Liu
Cancer Research Center, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Medical School of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:460-5. 2009....
- Site-directed mutagenesis to identify key residues in structure-function relationship of winged bean chymotrypsin-trypsin inhibitor and 3-D structure predictionSanhita Roy
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India
Protein Pept Lett 18:471-9. 2011..Finally, 3D model structure of WbCTI was designed using computer simulations which further emphasize the roles of L63 and R64 residues for dual inhibitory characteristics of WbCTI...
- p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase plays a key role in regulating MAPKAPK2 expressionTatsuhiko Sudo
Antibiotics Laboratory and Bioarchitect Research Group, DRI, RIKEN, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:415-21. 2005..from a p38alpha null mouse, namely, a parental cell line without p38alpha gene locus, knockout of p38alpha (KOP), Zeosin-resistant (ZKOP), revertant of p38alpha (RKOP), and Exip revertant (EKOP)...
- Chemical function-based pharmacophore development for novel, selective kappa opioid receptor agonistsNidhi Singh
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Laboratory for Applied Drug Design and Synthesis, The University of Mississippi, Mississippi 38677, USA
J Mol Graph Model 27:131-9. 2008..As a first step towards developing peripheral kappa opioid receptor (KOP) agonists, we have developed a quantitatively predictive chemical function-based pharmacophore model of selective ..
- beta(2)microglobulin mRNA expression levels are prognostic for lymph node metastasis in colorectal cancer patientsJ Shrout
College of Health Professions Cytology and Biosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Br J Cancer 98:1999-2005. 2008..85; 95% confidence interval (CI)=0.69-0.94). We also observed that the expression ratio of B2M/Spint2 had the highest prognostic accuracy (AUC=0.87; 95% CI=0.71-0.96) of all potential two-gene combinations...
- A Kunitz protease inhibitor from Dermacentor variabilis, a vector for spotted fever group rickettsiae, limits Rickettsia montanensis invasionShane M Ceraul
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Medicine, 685 West Baltimore Street, Howard Hall Suite 380, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Infect Immun 79:321-9. 2011..Collectively, our data demonstrate that DvKPI limits host cell invasion by Rickettsia montanensis, possibly through an association with the bacterium...
- Regulation of ProMMP-1 and ProMMP-3 activation by tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2/matrix-associated serine protease inhibitorC N Rao
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 255:94-8. 1999..Collectively, our results suggest that TFPI-2/MSPI indirectly regulates MMP-1- and MMP-3-catalyzed matrix proteolysis by regulating the activation of proMMP-1 and proMMP-3...
- Functional characterization of Kunitz domains in hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1Kimitoshi Denda
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:14053-9. 2002..These results suggest that serine protease binding sites of Kunitz I and Kunitz II are located close to each other and that proteolytic processing to generate HAI-1 with only one Kunitz domain regulates the activity of HAI-1...
- Lack of an interaction between orexinergic and opioid/nociceptinergic systems in rat cerebrocortical slicesKazuyoshi Hirota
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Hirosaki School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8563, Japan
Neurosci Lett 340:173-6. 2003..D-Ala(2),N-Me-Phe(4),Gly(5)-ol]-enkephalin (DAMGO) (MOP-agonist) and spiradoline (KOP-agonist) significantly reduced OXA-evoked release with the concentration producing 50% of the maximal inhibition (..
- Expression of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitors (HAI-1 and HAI-2) in ovarian cancerKeiichiro Nakamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Int J Oncol 34:345-53. 2009..These findings indicate that low HAI-1 and HAI-2 expression in ovarian cancer may be associated with poor prognosis. HAI-1 and HAI-2 could be considered a therapeutic target for treatment approaches in ovarian cancer...
- Effect of age and gender on the progression of adult vascular dysfunction in a mouse model of fetal programming lacking endothelial nitric oxide synthaseGiuseppe Chiossi
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TexasTX 77555, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H297-305. 2011..knockout (KO) and wild-type (WT) mice were cross bred to produce WT, KO, and heterozygous that developed in WT (KOP) or KO (KOM) mothers...
- Comparative biochemical analysis during the anaerobic digestion of lignocellulosic biomass from six morphological parts of Williams Cavendish banana (Triploid Musa AAA group) plantsIrénée Kamdem
Walloon Centre of Industrial Biology CWBI, Universite de Liege, Bd du Rectorat, 29, B40 P70, 4000, Liege, Belgium
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:2259-70. 2013..six morphological parts (MPs) of the "Williams Cavendish" banana cultivar using a modified operating procedure (KOP) using KOH. Volatile fatty acid (VFA) production was measured using high performance liquid chromatography...
- Effects of voluntary alcohol drinking on corticotropin-releasing factor and preprodynorphin mRNA levels in the central amygdala of Sardinian alcohol-preferring ratsYan Zhou
Laboratory of the Biology of Addictive Diseases, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 554:110-4. 2013..differences in basal gene expression levels of CRF, CRF-R1, preprodynorphin (ppDyn) and kappa opioid receptor (KOP-r) between sP and sNP rats; specifically, mRNA levels of the above genes were measured in the central amygdala (CeA)..
- The role of the opioid system in alcohol dependenceDavid J Nutt
Imperial College London, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 28:8-22. 2014..Further interrogation of how modulation of the opioid system, via use of MOP (mu), DOP (delta) and KOP (kappa) agents, restores the balance of a dysregulated system in alcohol dependence should increase our insight ..
- Epigenetic inactivation of SPINT2 is associated with tumor suppressive function in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaDongli Yue
The Biotherapy Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, Henan, China The Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, Henan, China
Exp Cell Res 322:149-58. 2014b>Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 2 (SPINT2), a Kunitz-type serine proteinase inhibitor, has been identified as a putative tumor suppressor gene silenced by promoter methylation...
- Hypertension, overweight and obesity in adolescents: the CRO-KOP studyIvan Pećin
University of Zagreb, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Department of Internal Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 37:761-4. 2013..54% (boys 2.2%; girls 4.9%). Our results confirmed positive relationship between overweight, obesity and hypertension starting from childhood pointing again the utmost importance of preventive measures beginning from early life...
- Characterization of a new Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor from the hard tick Rhipicephalus hemaphysaloidesJie Cao
Key Laboratory of Animal Parasitology of Ministry of Agriculture, Shanghai Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shanghai, China
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 84:104-13. 2013..These results indicate that Rhipilin-2 is a novel Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor involved in tick blood feeding. ..
- Buprenorphine-elicited alteration of adenylate cyclase activity in human embryonic kidney 293 cells coexpressing κ-, μ-opioid and nociceptin receptorsPei Chen Wang
Neuropsychiatric Center, National Health Research Institutes, Miaoli County, Taiwan
J Cell Mol Med 19:2587-96. 2015Buprenorphine, a maintenance drug for heroin addicts, exerts its pharmacological function via κ- (KOP), μ-opioid (MOP) and nociceptin/opioid receptor-like 1 (NOP) receptors...
- Characterization of a Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor from Solanum tuberosum having lectin activityKunal R Shah
Department of Bioinformatics and Structural Biology, Indian Institute of Advanced Research, Koba, Gandhinagar 382007, Gujarat, India
Int J Biol Macromol 83:259-69. 2016..This is the first report of a Kunitz-type protease inhibitor showing lectin like activity from a major crop plant and this makes PotHg an interesting candidate for further investigation...
- Evidence for nociceptin/orphanin FQ (NOP) but not µ (MOP), δ (DOP) or κ (KOP) opioid receptor mRNA in whole human bloodM al-Hashimi
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Division of Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Management, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Br J Anaesth 116:423-9. 2016..using individual enriched immune cell populations we have failed to detect classical µ (MOP), δ (DOP) and κ (KOP) receptors...
- Pectobacterium atrosepticum and Pectobacterium carotovorum Harbor Distinct, Independently Acquired Integrative and Conjugative Elements Encoding Coronafacic Acid that Enhance Virulence on Potato StemsPreetinanda Panda
The Bio Protection Research CentreLincoln, New Zealand Plant Pathology, The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research LimitedLincoln, New Zealand
Front Microbiol 7:397. 2016..In this study, the importance of horizontally acquired island 2 (HAI2), an ICE in the genome of Pectobacterium atrosepticum SCRI1043, was studied using a strain in which the entire ICE ..
- Meta-analysis of DNA methylation biomarkers in hepatocellular carcinomaCheng Zhang
Department of Medical Oncology, the Affiliated Hospital of Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Oncotarget 7:81255-81267. 2016..RASSF1A, GSTP1, p14, CDH1, APC, RUNX3, SOCS1, p15, MGMT, SFRP1, WIF1, PRDM2, DAPK1, RARβ, hMLH1, p73, DLC1, p53, SPINT2, OPCML and WT1) and HCC...
- Sequential NMR resonance assignment and structure determination of the Kunitz-type inhibitor domain of the Alzheimer's beta-amyloid precursor proteinS L Heald
Miles Research Center, Miles, Incorporated, West Haven, Connecticut 06516
Biochemistry 30:10467-78. 1991..In addition, the NMR spectra indicate that the rotation of the W21 ring in APPI is hindered, unlike Y21 in BPTI, showing a greater than 90% preference for one orientation in the hydrophobic groove...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor-mediated inhibition of noradrenaline release in guinea-pig vessels, but not in rat and mouse aortaT Schultheiss
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Reuterstrasse 2b, 53113, Bonn, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 372:139-46. 2005..from the guinea-pig aorta was comparable in size to that obtained with agonists at the histamine H3, kappa opioid (KOP) and ORL1 (NOP) receptor (1 or 10 microM, producing the respective near-maximum effects) whereas prostaglandin E2 1 ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor-1 (HAI-1) is essential for the integrity of basement membranes in the developing placental labyrinthBin Fan
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Dev Biol 303:222-30. 2007..Our study demonstrates the important role of HAI-1 in maintaining the integrity of basement membrane most likely by regulating extracellular proteolytic activities during placental development...
- [The efficacy of continuous hepatic arterial infusion therapy in association with multidisciplinary treatment of two late stage cancer patients]Takaho Watayo
Dept of Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Ohtsuka Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:1788-91. 2006..Dietary guidance in metabolic-nourishment therapy is very useful in the treatment of far advanced cancer patients...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 as a frequently silenced tumor suppressor gene in hepatocellular carcinomaChun Ming Wong
Department of Pathology, S H Ho Foundation research Laboratories, Jockey Club Clinical Research Center, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Hepatology 45:1129-38. 2007..Moreover, ectopic overexpression of TFPI-2 significantly suppressed the proliferation and invasiveness of HCC cells...
- Epigenetic inactivation and tumor suppressor activity of HAI-2/SPINT2 in gastric cancerWenjie Dong
Department of Gastroenterology, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Int J Cancer 127:1526-34. 2010Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activator inhibitor type 2 (HAI-2/SPINT2) encodes Kunitz-type protease inhibitor that regulates HGF activity...
- Loss of the matriptase inhibitor HAI-2 during prostate cancer progressionChristopher Bergum
Department of Pharmacology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Prostate 70:1422-8. 2010..It has been proposed that the increase of matriptase with a concomitant loss of its inhibitors may play a critical role in cancer progression...
- Actions of the Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor Amblyomin-X on VEGF-A-induced angiogenesisC C Drewes
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analyses, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Toxicon 60:333-40. 2012..These data provide further mechanisms of actions of Kunitz-type SPI, corroborating their relevance as scientific tools in the design of therapeutic molecules...
- Structure of a post-translationally processed heterodimeric double-headed Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor from potatoElisabeth M Meulenbroek
Biophysical Structural Chemistry, Leiden University, Einsteinweg 55, 2333 CC Leiden, The Netherlands
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 68:794-9. 2012..PSPI has a β-trefoil fold and, based on the structure, two reactive-site loops bearing residues Phe75 and Lys95 were identified...
- Isolation and structural characterization of a (Kdo-isosteric) D-glycero-α-D-talo-oct-2-ulopyranosidonic acid (Ko) interlinking lipid A and core oligosaccharide in the lipopolysaccharide of Acinetobacter calcoaceticus NCTC 10305Ulrich Zahringer
Research Center Borstel, Leibniz Center for Medicine and Biosciences, Parkallee 1 40, D 23845 Borstel, Germany
Carbohydr Res 378:63-70. 2013..Our results show that in A. calcoaceticusd-glycero-α-D-talo-oct-2-ulopyranosonic acid (DgαDt-Kop) represents the Kdo-related sugar interlinking the core-oligosaccharide and the lipid A backbone.
- Nature of SLC41A1 complexes: report on the split-ubiquitin yeast two hybrid assayAxel Nestler
Institute of Veterinary Physiology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Magnes Res 26:56-66. 2013..polytons (interactors appearing in the screen more than once) included: IER3IP1, PPIB, UPF0480 protein C15orf24, SPINT2, C14orf1/PEBP28, NIFIE14, YIPF6, and KCP2...
- Pharmacogenomic study of the role of the nociceptin/orphanin FQ receptor and opioid receptors in diabetic hyperalgesiaKris Rutten
Grunenthal GmbH, Global Preclinical Drug Development, Department of Pain Pharmacology, Zieglerstrasse 6, 52078 Aachen, Germany Electronic address
Eur J Pharmacol 741:264-71. 2014..between different opioid receptors (µ-opioid peptide [MOP], δ-opioid peptide [DOP] and κ-opioid peptide [KOP]) and the nociceptin/orphanin FQ peptide (NOP) receptor in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic polyneuropathy, ..
- Differential stabilities and sequence-dependent base pair opening dynamics of Watson-Crick base pairs with 5-hydroxymethylcytosine, 5-formylcytosine, or 5-carboxylcytosineMarta W Szulik
Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, and Center for Structural Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, United States
Biochemistry 54:1294-305. 2015..At the oxidized base pair G(4):X(9), 5fC exhibited an increase in the imino proton exchange rate and the calculated kop. In all cases, minimal effects to imino proton exchange rates occurred at the neighboring base pair C(3):G(10)...
- Protease inhibitor domain encoded by an amyloid protein precursor mRNA associated with Alzheimer's diseaseR E Tanzi
Neurogenetics Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02115
Nature 331:528-30. 1988..The alternative APP mRNA is present in both brain and peripheral tissues of normal individuals and those with Alzheimer's disease, but its pattern of expression differs from that of the previously reported APP mRNA...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 is a novel mitogen for vascular smooth muscle cellsE Shinoda
Third Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto University Hospital, Shogoin Kawaracho 54, Kyoto 6068507, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:5379-84. 1999..However, structurally similar TFPI-2 was found to have a mitogenic activity for the smooth muscle cell...
- A steric blockade model for inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by peripheral site ligands and substrateT L Rosenberry
Department of Pharmacology, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Chem Biol Interact 119:85-97. 1999..The 2nd-order phosphorylation rate constant kOP/K(OP) was decreased 3-fold by a high concentration of propidium and the 1st-order rate constant kOP increased ..
- Matrix localization of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2/matrix-associated serine protease inhibitor (TFPI-2/MSPI) involves arginine-mediated ionic interactions with heparin and dermatan sulfate: heparin accelerates the activity of TFPI-2/MSPI toward plasY Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 370:112-8. 1999....
- Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 is a specific cell surface binding protein of hepatocyte growth factor activator (HGFA) and regulates HGFA activity in the pericellular microenvironmentH Kataoka
Second Department of Pathology, Miyazaki Medical College, Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:40453-62. 2000..HAI-1 complex. These findings shed light on a novel function of the integral membrane Kunitz-type inhibitor in the regulation of pericellular proteinase activity...
- Matriptase and HAI-1 are expressed by normal and malignant epithelial cells in vitro and in vivoM Oberst
Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Am J Pathol 158:1301-11. 2001..The expression of the matriptase/HAI-1 system by malignant epithelial cells in vivo suggests a possible role for this protease in multiple aspects of the pathophysiology of epithelial malignancy, including invasion and metastasis...
- Expression of hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor, its activator, inhibitors and the c-Met receptor in human cancer cellsC Parr
Metastasis Research Group, Department of Surgery, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Int J Oncol 19:857-63. 2001....
- Expression and localization of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 in normal and atherosclerotic human vesselsJames T B Crawley
Thrombosis Research Institute, London, England
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:218-24. 2002....
- Kappa opioid receptor activation in the nucleus accumbens inhibits glutamate and GABA release through different mechanismsGregory O Hjelmstad
Department of Neurology, Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, Emeryville, California 94143, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:2389-95. 2003Through their actions in the nucleus accumbens (NAc), kappa opioid (KOP) receptors and their endogenous ligand, dynorphin, modify behaviors associated with the administration of drugs of abuse and are regulated by exposure to such drugs...
- Feeding induced by food deprivation is differentially reduced by opioid receptor antisense oligodeoxynucleotide probes in ratsM M Hadjimarkou
Department of Psychology and Neuropsychology Doctoral Sub Program, Queens College, City University of New York, 65 30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, NY 11367, USA
Brain Res 987:223-32. 2003..oligodeoxynucleotide (AS ODN) probes directed against different exons of the mu (MOP), delta (DOP), kappa (KOP) and nociceptin (NOP) opioid peptide receptor genes have been able to differentially alter feeding responses ..
- We built it and they did not come: knowledge and attitudes of baccalaureate nursing students toward the elderlyMarybeth Ryan
School of Nursing, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York, USA
J N Y State Nurses Assoc 35:5-9. 2004..using two instruments: Palmore's revised Facts on Aging Quiz (FAQ 1) and Kogan's Attitudes Toward Old People Scale (KOP)...
- Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor from potato (Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Jopung)Yoonkyung Park
Research Center for Proteineous Materials, Department of Genetic Engineering, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 53:6491-6. 2005..5 Da. This protease inhibitor suppressed over 50% the proteolytic activity at 400 microg/mL. These results suggest that AFP-J is an excellent candidate as a lead compound for the development of novel antiinfective agents...
- Nuclear translocation of H2RSP is impaired in regenerating intestinal epithelial cells of murine colitis modelSeiji Naganuma
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki, Japan
Virchows Arch 448:354-60. 2006b>Hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 2-related small peptide (H2RSP) is a recently identified nuclear peptide that is abundantly expressed in the gastrointestinal tract...
- Defect of pro-hepatocyte growth factor activation by fibroblasts in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisSylvain Marchand-Adam
INSERM Unit 700, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:58-66. 2006..Our hypothesis was that fibroblasts from patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) had an altered capacity to activate pro-HGF in vitro compared with control fibroblasts...
- Dmt-Tic-NH-CH2-Bid (UFP-502), a potent DOP receptor agonist: in vitro and in vivo studiesRaffaella Vergura
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, and Neuroscience Centre, University of Ferrara, via Fossato di Mortara 19, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Peptides 27:3322-30. 2006..43) to recombinant DOP receptors displaying moderate selectivity over MOP and KOP. In CHO(hDOP) [(35)S]GTPgammaS binding and mouse vas deferens experiments, UFP-502 behaved as a potent (pEC(50) 10...
- Diversity in pathogenicity of Steinernema carpocapsae and its symbiotic bacterium for Spodoptera sppS Shahidi Noghabi
Department of Crop Protection, Ghent University Coupure Links 653, BE 9000 Gent, Belgium
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:689-700. 2006Pathogenicity of five isolates of Steinernema carpocapsae (GER: Germany, BUW: Becker Underwood, KOP: Koppert, CZ: Czech Republic, BEL: Belgium) were tested against the fourth instar larvae of the cotton leaf worm, Spodoptera littoralis ..
- Roles of functional and structural domains of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1 in the inhibition of matriptaseKenji Kojima
Laboratories of Enzyme Chemistry and Nutrition Chemistry, Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:2478-87. 2008....
- Functional epigenomics approach to identify methylated candidate tumour suppressor genes in renal cell carcinomaM R Morris
Cancer Research UK Renal Molecular Oncology Group, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Br J Cancer 98:496-501. 2008..This enabled us to identify HAI-2/SPINT2 as a novel epigenetically inactivated candidate RCC TSG...
- Crystal structure of textilinin-1, a Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor from the venom of the Australian common brown snake (Pseudonaja textilis)Emma Karin I Millers
School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
FEBS J 276:3163-75. 2009..5 nm versus 0.053 nm) and could also account for an observed narrower binding specificity...
- Dissection of platelet and myeloid cell defects by conditional targeting of the beta3-integrin subunitElizabeth A Morgan
Department of Medicine, Mallinkrodt Institute of Radiology, St Louis, Missouri, USA
FASEB J 24:1117-27. 2010..mice were generated to study the conditional deletion of beta3-integrin in platelets [knockout in platelets (KOP)] and myeloid cells [knockout in myeloid (KOM)]...
- Lack of genotype effect on D1, D2 receptors and dopamine transporter binding in triple MOP-, DOP-, and KOP-opioid receptor knockout mice of three different genetic backgroundsJi Hoon Yoo
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH, United Kingdom
Synapse 64:520-7. 2010..Overall, these results indicate a lack of modulation of the dopaminergic system by the deletion of all three opioid receptors regardless of different background strains...
- Neuroprotective potential of biphalin, multireceptor opioid peptide, against excitotoxic injury in hippocampal organotypic cultureMaria Kawalec
Molecular Biology Unit, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, 5 Pawinskiego Str, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Neurochem Res 36:2091-5. 2011Biphalin is a dimeric opioid peptide that exhibits affinity for three types of opioid receptors (MOP, DOP and KOP). Biphalin is undergoing intensive preclinical study...
- Persistent elevation of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitors in cholangiopathies affects liver fibrosis and differentiationHsiang Po Huang
Department of Medical Research, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taiwan
Hepatology 55:161-72. 2012..In addition, we showed that the hepatocyte growth factor activator, mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1, and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling pathways were involved in hepatic differentiation enhanced by HAI-2 knockdown...
- Glucagon counteracts interleukin-6-dependent gene expression by redundant action of Epac and PKAChristina Khouri
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstrase 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biol Chem 392:1123-34. 2011..The metabolic hormone glucagon interferes in IL-6-induced gene expression. This observation is indicative for a regulatory role of G-protein-coupled receptors in the IL-6-dependent inflammatory response...
- Inactivation of PbTopo IIIβ causes hyper-excision of the Pathogenicity Island HAI2 resulting in reduced virulence of Pectobacterium atrosepticumBhanupratap R Vanga
The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, Private Bag 4704, Christchurch, New Zealand
Mol Microbiol 84:648-63. 2012..encoded on the chromosome of Pectobacterium atrosepticum strain SCRI1043 (Pba SCRI1043), is involved in excision of HAI2, a discrete ~100 kb region, from the Pba SCRI1043 chromosome...
- Identification of unique sensitizing targets for anti-inflammatory CDDO-Me in metastatic melanoma by a large-scale synthetic lethal RNAi screeningYong Qin
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 26:97-112. 2013..Based on screening results, five unique genes (GNPAT, SUMO1, SPINT2, FLI1, and SSX1) significantly potentiated the growth inhibitory effects of CDDO-Me and induced apoptosis in A375, ..
- Inducible Sterilization of Zebrafish by Disruption of Primordial Germ Cell MigrationTen Tsao Wong
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e68455. 2013..To better visualize the PGCs, the Tg(hsp70:sdf1a-nanos3, EGFP) fish were crossed with another transgenic line, Tg(kop:DsRed-nanos3), that expresses DsRed driven by the PGC-specific kop promoter...
- A genetic polymorphism of the endogenous opioid dynorphin modulates monetary reward anticipation in the corticostriatal loopMikhail Votinov
Social, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Unit, Department of Basic Psychological Research and Research Methods, Faculty of Psychology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 9:e89954. 2014The dynorphin/κ-opioid receptor (KOP-R) system has been shown to play a role in different types of behavior regulation, including reward-related behavior and drug craving...
- Endomorphin analogues with mixed μ-opioid (MOP) receptor agonism/δ-opioid (DOP) receptor antagonism and lacking β-arrestin2 recruitment activityJun Cai
School of Pharmacy, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 211166, China
Bioorg Med Chem 22:2208-19. 2014..5-316), and potent functional MOP agonism (GPI, IC50=0.274-249nM) without DOP and κ-opioid (KOP) receptor agonism...
- Knockout subtraction autoradiography: a novel ex vivo method to detect heteromers finds sparse KOP receptor/DOP receptor heterodimerization in the brainJi Hoon Yoo
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 731:1-7. 2014..model, which we have named Knockout Subtraction Autoradiography, to determine if heterodimerisation of the kappa (KOP) and delta opioid (DOP) receptors occurs, as evidence from binding studies in cell systems suggest they are present ..
- K303⁶·⁵⁸ in the μ opioid (MOP) receptor is important in conferring selectivity for covalent binding of β-funaltrexamine (β-FNA)Kelly M DiMattio
Center for Substance Abuse Research and Department of Pharmacology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3500 N Broad Street, MERB 851, Philadelphia, PA 19140, United States Electronic address
Eur J Pharmacol 748:93-100. 2015..FNA) is an irreversible μ opioid (MOP) receptor antagonist and a reversible agonist of κ opioid (KOP) receptor. β-FNA binds covalently to the MOP receptor at Lys233(5.39), which is conserved among opioid receptors...
- Discovery of the first small-molecule opioid pan antagonist with nanomolar affinity at mu, delta, kappa, and nociceptin opioid receptorsNurulain T Zaveri
Astraea Therapeutics, 320 Logue Avenue, Suite 142, Mountain View, California 94043, United States
ACS Chem Neurosci 6:646-57. 2015..scaffold is a known pharmacophore for mu opioid (MOP), kappa opioid (KOP), and delta opioid (DOP) receptor antagonists; however, it has not been explored in nociceptin opioid (NOP/ORL-1) ..
- Ring size in cyclic endomorphin-2 analogs modulates receptor binding affinity and selectivityJustyna Piekielna
Department of Biomolecular Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Org Biomol Chem 13:6039-46. 2015..The influence of the ring size on binding to the MOP, DOP and KOP opioid receptors was studied...
- Aberrant methylation of promoter region of SPINT2/HAI-2 gene: an epigenetic mechanism in hepatitis C virus-induced hepatocarcinogenesisRagaa A Ramadan
1 Department of Chemical Pathology, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 19:399-404. 2015..Epigenetic changes, including DNA methylation, are recognized as one of the potential mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Construct development, description and initial validation of the Knowledge about Older Patients Quiz (KOP-Q) for nursesJeroen Dikken
Research Group for the Chronically Ill, Faculty of Health Care, University of Applied Sciences, Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 35:e54-9. 2015..A first step is understanding nurses' current knowledge. This can be achieved by using a measurement instrument with good validity and reliability...
- Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis in hepatocellular carcinomaNobuhisa Yamada
Department of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Oncol Rep 35:2228-36. 2016..to three known tumor-suppressor genes (APC, CDKN2A, and GSTP1), eight genes (AKR1B1, GRASP, MAP9, NXPE3, RSPH9, SPINT2, STEAP4, and ZNF154) were significantly hypermethylated and downregulated in the HCC tumors compared to the non-..
- Discriminative Stimulus Properties of Opioid Ligands: Progress and Future DirectionsEduardo R Butelman
Laboratory on the Biology of Addictive Diseases, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 171, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Curr Top Behav Neurosci . 2016Opioid receptors (MOP-r, KOP-r, DOP-r, as well as NOP-r) and their endogenous neuropeptide agonist systems are involved in diverse neurobiological and behavioral functions, in health and disease...
- THOMAS EDWARD PRISINZANO; Fiscal Year: 2016..A growing body of evidence has shown that ? opioid (KOP) receptors are involved in the modulation of some of the abuse related effects of psychostimulants...
- Yong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2014..To determine whether and how adolescent oxycodone self-administration alters mRNA levels of Pdyn, Penk1, MOP-r and KOP-r, MOP-r and KOP-r receptor density in specific brain regions of the mesocorticolimbic and nigrostriatal ..
- Developing a ClO2 Compliance Service: Minimizing Water Borne Microbial InfectionSPENDEL U WOLFGANG; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- NOVEL SERINE PROTEASE IN INVASIVE CARCINOMASRobert Dickson; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, they will focus the research of a protease biochemist early in his career on the problem of metastasis. ..
- Targeting Opioid Receptor Heterodimers for Pain TreatmentSelena Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2007..first to show that the compound 6'-GNTI interacts specifically at the DOP-R and kappa opioid peptide receptor (KOP-R) heterodimeric complex (Waldhoer et al., 2005)...
- 'Latinos' Health Literacy, Social Support, and OH-KOP"Maria Rosa Watson; Fiscal Year: 2006..that will be assessed and further detailed include: A previously developed oral health knowledge and practices (KOP) survey instrument, developed in the Inner City Hispanic Community of Mount Pleasant in Washington D.C...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ARTERIAL THROMBOSISRobert Simari; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 2: To define the role of endothelial-derived TFPI on vascular thrombosis. Specific Aim 3: To define the role of endothelial-derived TFPI on vascular remodeling including angiogenesis. ..
- Controlling Apoptosis in OligondendrocytesPamela Knapp; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aim 4: Biochemical and histological techniques are used to determine whether pathways which are independent of caspase-3 play a significant role in cell loss after SCI. ..
- NOVEL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR TREATMENT OF COCAINE ADDICTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Design and Development of Pharmacotherapies for Treating Stimulant AbuseFrank Ivy Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To continue on a limited basis our development of selected 3-phenyltropane analogs as second-generation pharmacotherapies to treat cocaine addiction. ..
- Role of insulin-like signaling in the hookworm infective processJohn M Hawdon; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will also provide insight into the basic molecular mechanisms operating during infection and the establishment of parasitic relationships that are relevant to other parasitic nematode infections of human significance. ..
- Salvinorin A: A Structurally Novel Opioid Agonist LeadChristopher McCurdy; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results of this work will direct further analog development of Salvinorin A (a next generation) and further define and refine our proposed computer binding and field models. ..
- GHB: Discrimination and effects on learningLisa Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003..Behavior under these assays is sensitive to other abused drugs. Therefore, these assays may be of value in characterizing the effects of GHB. ..
- NOVEL PHARMACOTHERAPIES FOR COCAINE DEPENDENCEFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2001..An ideal candidate compound would not only have efficacy in the preclinical models but would be safe, orally active, and potent, would not show tolerance or sensitization, and if abusable, would be less so than cocaine. ..
- Opioids Modulate Oligodendrocyte Development & FunctionPamela Knapp; Fiscal Year: 2006..Techniques used include cell culture, immunostaining, in situ hybridization, immunoblot, confocal microscopy and adenoviral transfection. ..
- Proteomic Analysis of Hookworm Larval ActivationJohn Hawdon; Fiscal Year: 2006..These proteins represent potential vaccine antigens and drug targets for the prevention of hookworm infection and the control of hookworm disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Plasticity of Kappa Opioid Function in Reward CircuitryGREGORY HJELMSTAD; Fiscal Year: 2007..Kappa opioid (KOP) receptors have a wide distribution throughout the CNS that largely parallels that of MOP receptors including ..
- Deregulation of Matriptase in Breast Cancer CellsChen Yong Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies could lead to new perspectives on the deregulation of this physiological protease in breast cancer and provide new avenues for diagnosis and intervention of the disease. ..
- COCAINE: A STUDY OF THE BIOCHEMICAL MECHANISM OF ACTIONFrank Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Human cDNAs and proteins and uses thereofPatent Number: WO03046180-A2; Date:2003-06-05