Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SPF45
Description: RNA binding motif protein 17
Alias: SPF45, 45 kDa-splicing factor, RNA-binding motif protein 17, splicing factor 45, splicing factor 45kDa
- Splicing regulation at the second catalytic step by Sex-lethal involves 3' splice site recognition by SPF45María José Lallena
Gene Expression Programme, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell 109:285-96. 2002..Here we show that U2AF interacts with the Py-tract and downstream AG, whereas the spliceosomal protein SPF45 interacts with the upstream AG and activates it for the second catalytic step of the splicing reaction...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation of splicing factor 45 (SPF45) regulates SPF45 alternative splicing site utilization, proliferation, and cell adhesionAdnan M Al-Ayoubi
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:2880-93. 2012..signal-regulated kinase 2 (ERK2) that can utilize ATP analogs, we have identified the alternative mRNA splicing factor 45 (SPF45), which is overexpressed in cancer, as a novel coimmunoprecipitating ERK2 substrate...
- Identification of differentially expressed proteins in curcumin-treated prostate cancer cell linesMarie Helene Teiten
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire du Cancer, Hopital Kirchberg, Luxembourg
OMICS 16:289-300. 2012..Taken together, these data support the hypothesis that curcumin is an interesting chemopreventive agent as it modulates the expression of proteins that potentially contribute to prostate carcinogenesis...
- Opposing effects of polyglutamine expansion on native protein complexes contribute to SCA1Janghoo Lim
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nature 452:713-8. 2008..This model provides mechanistic insight into the molecular pathogenesis of SCA1 as well as other polyglutamine diseases...
- Large-scale genetic fine mapping and genotype-phenotype associations implicate polymorphism in the IL2RA region in type 1 diabetesChristopher E Lowe
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, UK
Nat Genet 39:1074-82. 2007..635). Furthermore, we have associated IL2RA T1D susceptibility genotypes with lower circulating levels of the biomarker, soluble IL-2RA (P = 6.28 x 10(-28)), suggesting that an inherited lower immune responsiveness predisposes to T1D...
- Phosphorylation of the alternative mRNA splicing factor 45 (SPF45) by Clk1 regulates its splice site utilization, cell migration and invasionYuying Liu
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 41:4949-62. 2013..The alternative splicing factor 45 (SPF45) is overexpressed in cancer, although few biological effects of SPF45 are known, and few splicing ..
- Sex, AGility, and the regulation of alternative splicingBrenton R Graveley
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington 06030, USA
Cell 109:409-12. 2002..detailed examination of the Drosophila Sex-lethal gene has led to two significant discoveries-the role of the splicing factor SPF45 in defining the site of exon ligation, and that alternative splicing can be regulated at the second step.
- Human SPF45, a splicing factor, has limited expression in normal tissues, is overexpressed in many tumors, and can confer a multidrug-resistant phenotype to cellsJanardhan Sampath
Cancer Research Division, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1781-90. 2003..novel drug-resistant genes in cyclophosphamide-resistant EMT6 mouse mammary tumors led us to the identification of SPF45. Simultaneously, other groups identified SPF45 as a component of the spliceosome that is involved in alternative ..
- 14-3-3 Binding to ataxin-1(ATXN1) regulates its dephosphorylation at Ser-776 and transport to the nucleusShaojuan Lai
Institute for Translational Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 286:34606-16. 2011..In the nucleus, we propose that dephosphorylation of pS776-ATXN1 by PP2A regulates the interaction of ATXN1 with the splicing factors RBM17 and U2AF65...
- Variant of TYR and autoimmunity susceptibility loci in generalized vitiligoYing Jin
Human Medical Genetics Program, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, P O Box 6511, Mailstop 8300, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1686-97. 2010..Generalized vitiligo is an autoimmune disease characterized by melanocyte loss, which results in patchy depigmentation of skin and hair, and is associated with an elevated risk of other autoimmune diseases...
- Holliday junction-binding activity of human SPF45Naoki Horikoshi
Laboratory of Structural Biology, Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 2 2 Wakamatsu cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8480, Japan
Genes Cells 15:373-83. 2010b>SPF45 is considered to be a bifunctional protein that functions in splicing and DNA repair...
- Human splicing factor SPF45 (RBM17) confers broad multidrug resistance to anticancer drugs when overexpressed--a phenotype partially reversed by selective estrogen receptor modulatorsWilliam L Perry
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Co, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Cancer Res 65:6593-600. 2005The splicing factor SPF45 (RBM17) is frequently overexpressed in many solid tumors, and stable expression in HeLa cells confers resistance to doxorubicin and vincristine...
- Drosophila SPF45: a bifunctional protein with roles in both splicing and DNA repairAhmad Sami Chaouki
Department of Genetics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS Genet 2:e178. 2006The sequence of the SPF45 protein is significantly conserved, yet functional studies have identified it as a splicing factor in animal cells and as a DNA-repair protein in plants...
- U2AF-homology motif interactions are required for alternative splicing regulation by SPF45Lorenzo Corsini
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Meyerhofstr 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 14:620-9. 2007..Here we report that the splicing factor SPF45 regulates alternative splicing of the apoptosis regulatory gene FAS (also called CD95)...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association study data identifies additional type 1 diabetes risk lociJason D Cooper
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 40:1399-401. 2008..7 x 10(-12)), 10p15 (PRKCQ, P = 3.7 x 10(-9)), 15q24 (CTSH, P = 3.2 x 10(-15)) and 22q13 (C1QTNF6, P = 2.0 x 10(-8))...
- The Mechanisms and Regulatory Networks of Alternative Splicing in DrosophilaBRENTON GRAVELEY; Fiscal Year: 2009....