Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SPAG4
Description: sperm associated antigen 4
Alias: CT127, SUN4, sperm-associated antigen 4 protein, SUN domain-containing protein 4, Sad1 and UNC84 domain containing 4, acrosomal protein ACR55, cancer/testis antigen 127, outer dense fiber-associated protein SPAG4, sperm tail protein
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in the testis of Sprague-Dawley rats treated with di(n-butyl) phthalateJu Young Ryu
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, San 30, Jangjun dong, Gumjung ku, Busan, South Korea
Toxicology 234:103-12. 2007..and 3 genes (LDHA, lactate dehydrogenase A; Spag4, sperm associated antigen 4 and PBR, peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor) were found to be involved in ..
- Spag4, a novel sperm protein, binds outer dense-fiber protein Odf1 and localizes to microtubules of manchette and axonemeX Shao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, T2N 4N1, Canada
Dev Biol 211:109-23. 1999..Here we report the cloning and characterization of a new Odf1-interacting protein, Spag4. Spag4 mRNA is spermatid specific, and the 49-kDa Spag4 protein complexes specifically with Odf1, but not Odf2, ..
- Changes in renal gene expression associated with induced ochratoxicosis in chickens: activation and deactivation of transcripts after varying durations of exposureCynthia P Zeferino
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri UM, Columbia 65211, United States
Poult Sci . 2016..In contrast, the genes deactivated at 7 d were SPAG4 and LOC100857131, at 14 d were LOC771469, NKX2-1, NKX2-8, FOXO1, MyHC and CLDN18 and at 21 d was XPC...
- Comparison of Normal and Pre-Eclamptic Placental Gene Expression: A Systematic Review with Meta-AnalysisO Brew
University of West London, Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 11:e0161504. 2016..05), 10 of which (LEP, HTRA4, SPAG4, LHB, TREM1, FSTL3, CGB, INHA, PROCR, and LTF) were significant at p < 0.001...
- SEPT12/SPAG4/LAMINB1 complexes are required for maintaining the integrity of the nuclear envelope in postmeiotic male germ cellsChung Hsin Yeh
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, New Taipei City, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 10:e0120722. 2015..Sperm-associated antigen 4 (SPAG4; also known as SUN4) belongs to the SUN family of proteins and acts as a linker protein between nucleoskeleton and ..
- Hypoxia regulates the sperm associated antigen 4 (SPAG4) via HIF, which is expressed in renal clear cell carcinoma and promotes migration and invasion in vitroKarl Xaver Knaup
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany Nikolaus Fiebiger Center, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Mol Carcinog 53:970-8. 2014..Here, we are the first to report the hypoxic regulation of the sperm associated antigen 4 (SPAG4)...
- Sperm-associated antigen 4, a novel hypoxia-inducible factor 1 target, regulates cytokinesis, and its expression correlates with the prognosis of renal cell carcinomaKumi Shoji
Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 182:2191-203. 2013..We focused on one of the novel targets, sperm-associated antigen 4 (SPAG4), whose function was unknown...
- Identification of a novel gene SRG4 expressed at specific stages of mouse spermatogenesisXiao Wei Xing
Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 36:351-9. 2004..Their putative amino acid sequences have high homology with rat Spag4 (sperm antigen 4)...
- Incidence of sperm-tail tyrosine phosphorylation and hyperactivated motility in normozoospermic and asthenozoospermic human sperm samplesRoberto Yunes
Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Biocell 27:29-36. 2003..Tail protein PY-phosphorylation may be related to sperm movement, especially to hyperactivated motility and its deficiency may be associated to asthenozoospermia...
- Expression of Tsga10 sperm tail protein in embryogenesis and neural development: from cilium to cell divisionBabak Behnam
The Galton Laboratory, Department of Biology, University College London, London NW1 2HE, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:1102-10. 2006..The results of the experiments in this project hypothesize the presence of Tsga10 protein wherever there is a conserved ciliary structure...
- [Cloning of cDNA of SRG4, a mouse spermatogenesis related gene and expression in mouse different developing stages]Xiao Wei Xing
Reproduction and Stem Cell Engineering Institute, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 31:1066-71. 2004Spermatogenesis required lots of genes taking part in this process. In prevision studies, Odf1, Odf2, Sak57, Spag4, Spag5 were identified in mouse and rat sperm tail developing...
- A gene trap knockout of the abundant sperm tail protein, outer dense fiber 2, results in preimplantation lethalityNicholas A Salmon
Center for Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Genesis 44:515-22. 2006..These findings are in contrast with early studies reporting Odf2 expression as testis specific and suggest that embryonic Odf2 expression plays a critical role during preimplantation development in mice...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel sperm tail protein, NYD-SP28Ying Zheng
Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Histology and Embryology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 10029, PR China
Int J Mol Med 18:1119-25. 2006In this study, a gene coding a novel human sperm tail protein named NYD-SP28 was cloned and characterized using a complementary DNA (cDNA) microarray. Its expression was 3...
- Time-response effects of testicular gene expression profiles in Sprague-Dawley male rats treated with di(n-butyl) phthalateJu Young Ryu
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan, South Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1542-9. 2008..In addition, DBP significantly decreased the levels of a spermatid-specific gene (Spag4) and lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA) mRNA after 7 d of exposure...
- The Drosophila SUN protein Spag4 cooperates with the coiled-coil protein Yuri Gagarin to maintain association of the basal body and spermatid nucleusMartin P Kracklauer
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology and Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Cell Sci 123:2763-72. 2010..Here, we characterize the presumed Drosophila ortholog of the mammalian SUN protein, sperm-associated antigen 4 (Spag4, previously named Giacomo), and demonstrate that Spag4 is required for centriole and nuclear attachment during ..
- Role of phospholipase D in regulation of testicular Leydig cell hyperplasia in Sprague-Dawley rats treated with di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalateYoung Jun Lee
Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, San 30, Jangjeon Dong, Geumjeung gu, Busan 609 735, South Korea
Arch Toxicol 85:975-85. 2011..DEHP significantly reduced the expression of sperm-associated antigen 4 (Spag4) and lactate dehydrogenase A (LDHA) mRNA...
- SPAG4L, a novel nuclear envelope protein involved in the meiotic stage of spermatogenesisXian zhen Jiang
Center for Medical Experiments, Third Xiang Ya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, China
DNA Cell Biol 30:875-82. 2011SUN domain-containing proteins belong to a novel protein family. To date, several members--SUN1, SUN2, SUN3, and SPAG4--have been identified as nuclear envelope (NE) proteins...
- Rat Spag5 associates in somatic cells with endoplasmic reticulum and microtubules but in spermatozoa with outer dense fibersCarolyn J Fitzgerald
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 73:92-100. 2006..Odf1, a major integral ODF protein, utilizes its leucine zipper to associate with Odf2, another major ODF protein, Spag4 which localizes to the interface between ODF and axonemal microtubule doublets, and Spag5...
- Sequence, expression, and chromosomal assignment of a human sperm outer dense fiber geneO Gastmann
Department of Human Genetics, University of Gottingen, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 36:407-18. 1993..The isolation of a human gene encoding a sperm tail protein may provide the ability to identify and investigate, on the molecular level, possible reasons for human male ..
- Human sperm associated antigen 4 (SPAG4) is a potential cancer markerClaire Kennedy
Monash Institute of Reproduction and Development and The ARC Centre of Excellence in Biotechnology and Development, Monash University, 3168 Melbourne, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 315:279-83. 2004..chain reaction analyses we have determined the sequence and structure of the human sperm tail associated gene SPAG4. SPAG4 is a 12-exon gene spanning approximately 5.2 kb on chromosome 20q11.23...
- The human genome encodes 10 alpha-crystallin-related small heat shock proteins: HspB1-10Guido Kappé
Department of Biochemistry, 161 NCMLS, University of Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cell Stress Chaperones 8:53-61. 2003..alphaA-crystallin/HspB4, alphaB-crystallin/HspB5, Hsp20/HspB6, cvHsp/HspB7, H11/HspB8, and HspB9) and a sperm tail protein known since 1993 as outer dense fiber protein 1 (ODF1)...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the human orthologue of the oppo 1 gene encoding a sperm tail proteinKouichi Kitamura
Department of Science for Laboratory Animal Experimentation, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 9:237-43. 2003..and characterization of a human orthologue of oppo 1, a mouse gene encoding a male germ-cell-specific sperm tail protein, and the organization of its genomic structure...
- [Cloning of cDNA of TSARG4, a human spermatogenesis related gene]Xiao Wei Xing
Human Reproductive Engineering Institute, Central South University Xiangya Medical School, Changsha 410078, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 35:283-8. 2003To understand molecular mechanism of spermatogenesis, two ESTs BG720564 and AI700454, were found from SPAG4 (sperm antigen 4), a gene related to dense fiber protein of outer membrane of the human sperm and mouse spermatocytes gene ..
- Novel RING finger protein OIP1 binds to conserved amino acid repeats in sperm tail protein ODF1Heather A Zarsky
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary Health Sciences Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Biol Reprod 68:543-52. 2003..leucine zipper motif of the major ODF protein ODF1, we had previously isolated interacting proteins Odf2, Spag4, and Spag5...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of oppo 1: a haploid germ cell-specific complementary DNA encoding sperm tail proteinYoshihiro Nakamura
Department of Urology, Osaka University Medical School, 3 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biol Reprod 67:1-7. 2002..We named this newly isolated gene oppo 1, and we suggest that it plays an important role in sperm tail structure and/or sperm movement...
- Bypassing natural sperm selection during fertilization: the azh mutant offspring experience and the alternative of spermiogenesis in vitroAbraham L Kierszenbaum
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, The City University of New York Medical School, 138th Street and Convent Avenue, J 903, New York, NY 10031, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 187:133-8. 2002..N-arginine convertase (both sorted to the developing spermatid tail), a spermatid perinuclear RNA binding protein, Spag4, an Odf1-binding protein, and type 4 cAMP-specific phosphodiesterase D...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a complementary DNA encoding sperm tail protein SHIPPO 1Carlos Egydio de Carvalho
Department of Science for Laboratory Animal Experimentation, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biol Reprod 66:785-95. 2002..SHIPPO 1 in sperm is resistant to treatment with nonionic detergents and coextracted with the cytoskeletal core proteins of the mouse sperm tail...
- Testicular protein Spag5 has similarity to mitotic spindle protein Deepest and binds outer dense fiber protein Odf1X Shao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Mol Reprod Dev 59:410-6. 2001..Interestingly, these motifs are present in Deepest. These results highlight the importance of the leucine zipper in sperm tail protein interactions. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 59: 410-416, 2001.
- Spermatid manchette: plugging proteins to zero into the sperm tailA L Kierszenbaum
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomical Sciences, The City University of New York Medical School, 138th Street and Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 59:347-9. 2001..that three keratins-Sak57, 0df1 and 0df2-and other proteins (the 26S proteasome and the 0df1-binding protein Spag4) are temporarily stored in the manchette before being sorted to the developing sperm tail...
- A novel testis-specific gene, SPAG4, whose product interacts specifically with outer dense fiber protein ODF27, maps to human chromosome 20q11.2H Tarnasky
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Centre, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta Canada
Cytogenet Cell Genet 81:65-7. 1998The product of the spermatid-specific rat SPAG4 gene interacts specifically with the major 27-kDa outer dense fiber protein ODF27 in elongating spermatids...
- MICROTUBULE/KERATIN INTERACTIONS DURING SPERMATOGENESISABRAHAM KIERSZENBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2002..Engineering mouse models in which the expression of K9 is null, is important for both reproductive biology and cancer research. ..