Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sp3
Description: Sp3 transcription factor
Alias: SPR2, transcription factor Sp3, GC-binding transcription factor Sp3, specificity protein 3
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Basal transcription activity of the dyskeratosis congenita gene is mediated by Sp1 and Sp3 and a patient mutation in a Sp1 binding site is associated with decreased promoter activityRüdiger Salowsky
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Gene 293:9-19. 2002..Bandshift- and supershift experiments clearly demonstrated a mutual binding of transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 to two of five putative GC-box/Sp1-binding sites located within the core promoter region...
- Mechanisms of ceramide-mediated repression of the human telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter via deacetylation of Sp3 by histone deacetylase 1Leslie G Wooten-Blanks
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
FASEB J 21:3386-97. 2007In this study, distinct roles of de novo-generated endogenous ceramides and mechanisms by which deacetylated Sp3 regulates the hTERT promoter activity in response to ceramide signaling were explored...
- Different members of the Sp1 multigene family exert opposite transcriptional regulation of the long terminal repeat of HIV-1B Majello
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia Generale e Molecolare, Universita Federico II, Naples, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 22:4914-21. 1994..Remarkably, we found that over-expression of the transcription factor Sp3 was able to suppress Tat-mediated transactivation...
- POZ domain transcription factor, FBI-1, represses transcription of ADH5/FDH by interacting with the zinc finger and interfering with DNA binding activity of Sp1Dong Kee Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, BK21 Project for Medical Sciences, Institute of Genetic Sciences, Yonsei University School of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon ku, Seoul 120 752, Korea
J Biol Chem 277:26761-8. 2002..Our data suggest that POZ domain represses transcription by interacting with Sp1 zinc fingers and by interfering with the DNA binding activity of Sp1...
- Hypoxia-induced activation of the retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor alpha4 gene by an interaction between hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and Sp1Naoki Miki
Laboratory of Genomics and Proteomics, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, Fukuyama University, 1 Gakuen cho, Fukuyama 729 0292, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:15025-31. 2004..However, HIF-1 alone was not sufficient to activate transcription in hypoxic conditions but, rather, required Sp1/Sp3, which binds to a cluster of GC-rich sequences adjacent to the HRE...
- Functional interactions between Sp1 or Sp3 and the helicase-like transcription factor mediate basal expression from the human plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 geneH Ding
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 274:19573-80. 1999..of B box point mutants demonstrated two HLTF sites flanking and partially overlapping with a GT box binding Sp1 and Sp3. Mutations affecting either the Sp1/Sp3 or the two HLTF sites inhibited by 6- and 2...
- Reciprocal regulation of expression of the human adenosine 5'-triphosphate binding cassette, sub-family A, transporter 2 (ABCA2) promoter by the early growth response-1 (EGR-1) and Sp-family transcription factorsWarren Davis
Department of Pharmacology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:1097-107. 2003..We observed that oligonucleotides containing overlapping EGR-1/Sp1 sites bind the Sp1, Sp3 and Sp4 transcription factors...
- The interaction with Sp1 and reduction in the activity of histone deacetylase 1 are critical for the constitutive gene expression of IL-1 alpha in human melanoma cellsKazuaki Enya
Department of Molecular Health Sciences, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabe dori, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8603, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 83:190-9. 2008..Specificity protein 1 (Sp1) and Sp3 bound to the nucleotide containing the sequence...
- Transcriptional regulation of the 5'-flanking region of the human transcription factor Sp3 gene by NF-1, c-Myb, B-Myb, AP-1 and E2FAlicia Tapias
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Pharmacy, IBUB, University of Barcelona, Av Diagonal 643, E 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:318-29. 2008We analyzed in detail the proximal promoter of transcription factor Sp3, which expands 281 bp from the translational start. This sequence contains putative binding sites for Sp1, NF-Y, NF-1, Myb, AP-1 and E2F transcription factors...
- Down-regulation of human type II collagen gene expression by transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) in articular chondrocytes involves SP3/SP1 ratioChristos Chadjichristos
Laboratoire de Biochimie du Tissu Conjonctif, Faculte de Medecine, CHU niveau 3, avenue de Côte de Nacre, 14032, Caen Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:43903-17. 2002..the 63-bp promoter sequence implies a multimeric complex that binds to the -41/-33 sequence and involves Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factors...
- Transcription of PRDM1, the master regulator for plasma cell differentiation, depends on an SP1/SP3/EGR-1 GC-boxFrancisco Mora-López
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario Puerta del Mar, Cadiz, Spain
Eur J Immunol 38:2316-24. 2008..This GC-box element matches to a binding site for multiple transcription factors such as SP1 and SP3 isoforms as well as early growth response 1...
- Transcription of the transforming growth factor beta activating integrin beta8 subunit is regulated by SP3, AP-1, and the p38 pathwayJennifer A Markovics
Department of Pathology, Pulmonary Division, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Biol Chem 285:24695-706. 2010..and a cyclic AMP response element (CRE) in the ITGB8 core promoter are required for its expression and that Sp1, Sp3, and several AP-1 transcription factors form a complex that binds to these sites in a p38-dependent manner...
- Identification of regulatory elements in the human adipose most abundant gene transcript-1 ( apM-1) promoter: role of SP1/SP3 and TNF-alpha as regulatory pathwaysN Barth
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Diabetologia 45:1425-33. 2002..Our aim was to characterize the tissue-specific regulation of the recently cloned apM-1 promoter and the mechanisms of TNF-alpha-induced downregulation of the apM-1 gene...
- SUMO-1 modification represses Sp3 transcriptional activation and modulates its subnuclear localizationSarah Ross
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 10:831-42. 2002The GC box binding transcription factor Sp3 both activates and represses transcription. We have found that Sp3 activity is regulated by SUMO-1 modification...
- Specificity of transcriptional regulation by the zinc finger transcription factors Sp1, Sp3, and Egr-1Alia Al-Sarraj
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Saarland Medical Center, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
J Cell Biochem 94:153-67. 2005The transcription factors Sp1, Sp3, and Egr-1 bind with their zinc finger DNA-binding domains to GC-rich sequences in the regulatory regions of their target genes...
- Transcriptional activity and Sp 1/3 transcription factor binding to the P1 promoter sequences of the human AbetaH-J-J locusGiordana Feriotto
Biotechnology Center, University of Ferrara, Italy
FEBS J 274:4476-90. 2007..In addition, Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factor chromatin immunoprecipitation demonstrated in vivo binding of these proteins to P1 promoter...
- Sp3 encodes multiple proteins that differ in their capacity to stimulate or repress transcriptionS B Kennett
Departments of Molecular Cancer Biology and Microbiology, Box 3686, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 25:3110-7. 1997..We have also previously determined that Sp3 and Sp1, two members of the Sp family of transcription factors, encode the 115 and 95 kDa RCPs respectively and ..
- Sp3 is a transcriptional activator of the human alpha2(I) collagen geneH Ihn
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of South Carolina, 171 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425 2229, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 25:3712-7. 1997b>Sp3 is an ubiquitously expressed transcription factor, closely related to Sp1 but, unlike Sp1, it often functions as a transcriptional repressor...
- COUP-TF and Sp1 interact and cooperate in the transcriptional activation of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 long terminal repeat in human microglial cellsO Rohr
Unité 338 INSERM, 5 rue Blaise Pascal, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 272:31149-55. 1997..This region is a direct target of transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3. We report the discovery and features of a physical and functional interplay between COUP-TF and Sp1...
- Sp3 represses gene expression via the titration of promoter-specific transcription factorsSarah B Kennett
Department of Anatomy, Physiological Sciences, and Radiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
J Biol Chem 277:9780-9. 2002We have determined previously that Sp3 encodes three distinct gene products as follows: a full-length protein (Sp3) that is an activator of transcription and two isoforms (M1 and M2) derived via internal translational initiation that ..
- Repression of the luteinizing hormone receptor gene promoter by cross talk among EAR3/COUP-TFI, Sp1/Sp3, and TFIIBYing Zhang
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology, and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6958-72. 2003Transcription of luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) gene is activated by Sp1/Sp3 at two Sp1 sites and is repressed by nuclear orphan receptors EAR2 and EAR3 through a direct-repeat (DR) motif...
- NF-kappaB site interacts with Sp factors and up-regulates the NR1 promoter during neuronal differentiationAnguo Liu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Dental School, Program in Neuroscience, and Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17449-58. 2004..Interestingly, the NR1 NF-kappaB site strongly interacted with Sp3/Sp1, instead of NF-kappaB factors, in P19 nuclear extracts...
- Complexity of translationally controlled transcription factor Sp3 isoform expressionAlexandra Sapetschnig
Institute of Molecular Biology and Tumor Research, Philipps University, Emil Mannkopff Strasse 2, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:42095-105. 2004b>Sp3 is a ubiquitous transcription factor closely related to Sp1. Both proteins contain a highly conserved DNA-binding domain close to the C terminus and two glutamine-rich domains in the N-terminal moiety...
- Human transcription factor Sp3: genomic structure, identification of a processed pseudogene, and transcript analysisKelly M Moran
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Gene 341:235-47. 2004The human transcription factor Sp3 has been widely studied at the translational level and has been described as a regulatory factor for a number of genes...
- Sumoylation of internally initiated Sp3 isoforms regulates transcriptional repression via a Trichostatin A-insensitive mechanismMary L Spengler
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Cell Signal 17:153-66. 2005b>Sp3 is a ubiquitously expressed member of the Sp family of transcription factors that encodes three proteins, Sp3, M1 and M2, with differing capacities to stimulate or repress transcription...
- Sp1 family of transcription factors regulates the human alpha2 (XI) collagen gene (COL11A2) in Saos-2 osteoblastic cellsTomohiro Goto
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 21:661-73. 2006..By studying Saos-2 cells, we showed that the transcription factors, Sp1, Sp3, and Sp7 (Osterix), regulate COL11A2 expression through its proximal promoter...
- Dual role of Sp3 transcription factor as an inducer of apoptosis and a marker of tumour aggressivenessKhadija Essafi-Benkhadir
University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Institute of Developmental Biology and Cancer Research UMR CNRS 6543, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Nice, France
PLoS ONE 4:e4478. 2009The ambiguous role of transcription factor Sp3 for tumour progression is still debated since it was described as a transcriptional repressor or activator...
- Regulation of the poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 gene expression by the transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 is under the influence of cell density in primary cultured cellsKarine Zaniolo
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, CHUL Research Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec and Laval University, Sainte Foy, Quebec, G1V 4G2, Canada
Biochem J 389:423-33. 2005..by the PARP-1 gene promoter is mainly dictated through its recognition by the transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 (where Sp is specificity protein)...
- Association of Sp3 and estrogen receptor alpha with the transcriptionally active trefoil factor 1 promoter in MCF-7 breast cancer cellsLin Li
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Cell Biochem 105:365-9. 2008To further explore the role of Sp1 and Sp3 in the estrogen regulated TFF1 gene transcription, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assay was used to determine the association of estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha), Sp1 and Sp3 with the ..
- Silencing of transcription of the human luteinizing hormone receptor gene by histone deacetylase-mSin3A complexYing Zhang
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:33431-8. 2002..sites essential for basal promoter activity was identified as critical for the TSA effect, but the binding of Sp1/Sp3 to this site remained unchanged in the absence or presence of TSA...
- AML-1, PU.1, and Sp3 regulate expression of human bactericidal/permeability-increasing proteinAndreas Lennartsson
Department of Hematology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 311:853-63. 2003..Within this region, direct binding and transactivation by AML-1, PU.1, and Sp3 were demonstrated, as judged by electrophoretic mobility shift analysis...
- E2F and Sp1/Sp3 Synergize but are not sufficient to activate the MYCN gene in neuroblastomasChristoph Kramps
Institute of Molecular Biology and Tumor Research, 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:5110-7. 2004..We recently identified MYCN as a target gene of the E2F transcription factors. Here we show that Sp1 and Sp3 cooperate with E2F-1 to activate the MYCN promoter...
- Sp1 and Sp3 are involved in up-regulation of human deoxyribonuclease II transcription during differentiation of HL-60 cellsSan Fang Chou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Biochem 270:1855-62. 2003..for maximal promoter activity in both untreated and PMA-treated HL-60 cells and, within this region, three Sp1 and Sp3 binding sites were identified as essential for transcriptional regulation and PMA induction...
- Basal expression of the human MAPEG members microsomal glutathione transferase 1 and prostaglandin E synthase genes is mediated by Sp1 and Sp3Lena Ekström
Department of Pathology, UCSD, San Diego, CA, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1627:79-84. 2003..It appears that both the Sp1 and Sp3 proteins are important for the basal expression of PGES...
- Nkx3.1 binds and negatively regulates the transcriptional activity of Sp-family members in prostate-derived cellsSteven O Simmons
Graduate Program in Toxicology and Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Biochem J 393:397-409. 2006..1 DNA-binding activity is itself not required. We conclude that Nkx3.1 negatively regulates Sp-mediated transcription via the tethering of histone deacetylases and/or by inhibiting the association of Sp proteins with co-activators...
- Regulation of the Rhox5 homeobox gene in primary granulosa cells: preovulatory expression and dependence on SP1/SP3 and GABPJames A Maclean
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1126-34. 2005..Cold competition and electrophoretic mobility shift assay studies demonstrated that SP1, SP3, and the ETS family transcription factor GABP bound this element...
- Cellular transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 suppress varicella-zoster virus origin-dependent DNA replicationMohamed I Khalil
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Witebsky Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Virol 82:11723-33. 2008..Electrophoretic mobility shift assay and supershift assays showed that two members of the Sp family (Sp1 and Sp3) stably bind to GC box 1, but not to GC box 2...
- Isolation of cDNA for a Xenopus sperm-specific basic nuclear protein (SP4) and evidence for expression of SP4 mRNA in primary spermatocytesH Hiyoshi
Department of Biological Science, Faculty of Science, Kumamoto University, Japan
Exp Cell Res 194:95-9. 1991..poly(A)+ mRNA isolated from a pure population of Xenopus round spermatids and screened with an antibody against SP3-5 (sperm-specific proteins) of Xenopus sperm...
- Ruthenium-catalyzed alkylation of indoles with tertiary amines by oxidation of a sp3 C-H bond and Lewis acid catalysisMing Zhong Wang
Department of Chemistry and Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology of the Institute of Molecular Technology for Drug Discovery and Synthesis, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Chemistry 16:5723-35. 2010..Ruthenium-catalyzed three-component reaction of N-alkyl/N-H indoles, paraformaldehyde, and anilines gave 3-[p-(dialkylamino)benzyl]indoles in up to 82% yield (conversion: up to 95%)...
- MRG1 expression in fibroblasts is regulated by Sp1/Sp3 and an Ets transcription factorB Han
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 276:7937-42. 2001..In Drosophila SL2 cells, which lack the Sp and Ets family of transcription factors, expression of Sp1, Sp3, and Ets-1 or Elf-1 functionally stimulated MRG1 promoter activity in a synergistic manner...
- Characterization of the rat connexin40 promoter: two Sp1/Sp3 binding sites contribute to transcriptional activationM F Bierhuizen
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Medical Physiology, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 46:511-22. 2000..In order to elucidate the molecular mechanisms controlling Cx40 expression, we set out to map and characterize its promoter...
- Ruthenium catalyzed decarbonylative arylation at sp3 carbon centers in pyrrolidine and piperidine heterocyclesDenis V Gribkov
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11750-5. 2007..decarbonylative arylation of cyclic 2-amino esters, which replaces the ester group with an aryl ring at the sp3 carbon center...
- SOX7 and SOX17 regulate the parietal endoderm-specific enhancer activity of mouse laminin alpha1 geneTomoaki Niimi
Sekiguchi Biomatrix Signaling Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Aichi Medical University, Karimata, Yazako, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:38055-61. 2004..identified a parietal endoderm-specific enhancer in the mouse laminin alpha1 (Lama1) gene and showed that Sp1/Sp3 and YY1 transcription factors were involved in the enhancer activity...
- Allele-dependent transcriptional regulation of the human integrin alpha2 geneB Jacquelin
Roon Research Center for Arteriosclerosis and Thrombosis, Division of Experimental Hemostasis and Thrombosis of the Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Blood 97:1721-6. 2001..were compared, and a dimorphic sequence -52C>T was identified that is located precisely between 2 tandem Sp1/Sp3 binding elements previously shown to be absolutely required for transcriptional activity of this gene in epithelial ..
- [Protective and therapeutic effect of pulmonary surfactant on the experimental chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in hamsters]Li Li
Department of Pathology, Fu Wai Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100037, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 26:279-84. 2004..To investigate the protective and therapeutic effects of pulmonary surfactant in the pathogenesis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in hamsters...
- The gonadotropin-regulated long-chain acyl CoA synthetase gene: a novel downstream Sp1/Sp3 binding element critical for transcriptional promoter activityYi Sheng
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, ERRB, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, United States
Gene 360:20-6. 2005..Removal of -217/-1 bp, containing a 23 nt GC rich sequence (-112/-90) with an Sp1/Sp3 binding element, within the 1st exon of this TATA-less promoter, significantly reduced GR-LACS gene transcription...
- Structural and functional characterization of the mouse tescalcin promoterErasmo M Perera
Department of Pediatrics, Endocrinology Division, University of Miami, Leonard Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Gene 464:50-62. 2010..Electrophoresis mobility shift assays, supershift assays, and mutation studies demonstrated that Sp1 and Sp3 bind to the GC-rich motifs, a CACCC box and three GC boxes, located within the Tesc proximal promoter...
- A novel estradiol/estrogen receptor alpha-dependent transcriptional mechanism controls expression of the human prolactin receptorJuying Dong
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18825-36. 2006..The abolition of the E(2) effect by mutation of Sp1 or C/EBP elements that bind Sp1/Sp3 and C/EBPbeta within PIII indicated the cooperation of these transfactors in E(2)-induced transcription of the ..
- Physiological concentrations of insulin promote binding of nuclear proteins to the insulin-like growth factor I geneE N Kaytor
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Endocrinology 142:1041-9. 2001..Gel shift analysis with liver nuclear extracts and a region V probe showed binding of Sp1, Sp3, and B(1), which persisted despite the presence of antibodies against Sp1 and Sp3...
- Physical properties of ultrafast deposited micro- and nanothickness amorphous hydrogenated carbon films for medical devices and prosthesesT Zaharia
Department of Electronic Engineering and Applied Physics, University of Aston, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 221:161-72. 2007..Deposition on silicon (100), glass, and plastic substrates has been studied and the films characterized in terms of sp3 content, roughness, hardness, adhesion, and optical properties...
- Trichostatin A, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, activates the IGFBP-3 promoter by upregulating Sp1 activity in hepatoma cells: alteration of the Sp1/Sp3/HDAC1 multiprotein complexHong Seok Choi
Liver Cell Signal Transduction Lab, Bioscience Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Taejon 305 606, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:1005-12. 2002..This transcriptional activation appears to be mediated by both the Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factors and, in particular, by the phosphorylation of Sp1, because treatment of Hep3B cells and ..
- Synergistic regulation of human cystathionine-beta-synthase-1b promoter by transcription factors NF-YA isoforms and Sp1Yubin Ge
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1579:73-80. 2002..We previously described essential transactivating roles for specificity protein 1 (Sp1), Sp3, nuclear factor Y (NF-Y), and USF-1 in the regulation of the CBS-1b promoter...
- Regulation of expression of the chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone receptor gene in the human myometrium: involvement of specificity protein-1 (Sp1), Sp3, Sp4, Sp-like proteins, and histone deacetylasesRobert J Phillips
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3479-90. 2005..However, not only are Sp1/Sp3 proteins involved in this process, but Sp4 and a novel Sp-like factor(s) also have an intimate part in ..
- Transcriptional regulation of mouse delta-opioid receptor gene by CpG methylation: involvement of Sp3 and a methyl-CpG-binding protein, MBD2, in transcriptional repression of mouse delta-opioid receptor gene in Neuro2A cellsGuilin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40550-6. 2003..promoter fragment formed a MeCP1-like protein complex that contained methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 2 (MBD2) and Sp3. Furthermore, the expression level of Sp3 was decreased when Neuro2A cells were demethylated with 5-aza-2'-..
- SP3 and AP-1 mediate transcriptional activation of the lamin A proximal promoterB Muralikrishna
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India
Eur J Biochem 268:3736-43. 2001..and shown that the rat lamin A proximal promoter contains two essential motifs, a GC box that can bind to Sp1 and Sp3, and an AP-1 motif that can bind to c-Jun and c-Fos...
- Fatty acid composition and egg components of specialty eggsG Cherian
Department of Animal Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331 6702, USA
Poult Sci 81:30-3. 2002..fed a diet free of animal fat (SP1), certified organic free-range brown eggs (SP2), uncaged unmedicated brown eggs (SP3), cage-free vegetarian diet brown eggs (SP4), or naturally nested uncaged (SP5)...
- Sp1 and Sp3 Are important regulators of AP-2gamma gene transcriptionMei Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1220-30. 2003..Electrophoretic mobility shift assays demonstrated that Sp1 and Sp3 bind to three sites in the promoter region of the mouse AP-2gamma gene...
- Physical and functional interactions between USF and Sp1 proteins regulate human deoxycytidine kinase promoter activityYubin Ge
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49901-10. 2003..and in vivo chromatin immunoprecipitation assays with HepG2 chromatin extracts confirmed the presence of bound Sp1/Sp3 and USF1/2...
- c-Jun and Sp1 family are critical for retinoic acid induction of the lamin A/C retinoic acid-responsive elementKoichi Okumura
Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute, 6 2 3 Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 320:487-92. 2004..as a model system, that the lamin A/C promoter has a retinoic acid-responsive element (L-RARE), and that Sp1 and Sp3 bind the CACCC box of the L-RARE...
- Effect of cryopreservation on fish sperm subpopulationsJ Beirão
Dept of Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
Cryobiology 62:22-31. 2011..Three different subpopulations were obtained: SP1 - slow non-linear spermatozoa, SP2 - slow linear spermatozoa and SP3 - fast linear spermatozoa. We considered SP3 as the subpopulation of interest and focused further analyses on it...
- Molecular basis for keratoconus: lack of TrkA expression and its transcriptional repression by Sp3Alessandro Lambiase
Department of Ophthalmology, University Campus Bio Medico, G B Bietti Eye Foundation, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16795-800. 2005..The absence of TrkA(NGFR) expression was associated with a strong increase in the Sp3 repressor short isoform(s) and a lack of the Sp3 activator long isoform...
- Synthesis of new modified DNAs by hyperthermophilic DNA polymerase: substrate and template specificity of functionalized thymidine analogues bearing an sp3-hybridized carbon at the C5 alpha-position for several DNA polymerasesHiroki Sawai
Department of Applied Chemistry, Gunma University, Kiryu, Gunma 376 8515, Japan
Bioconjug Chem 13:309-16. 2002Novel thymidine analogue triphosphates, which have an sp3-hybridized carbon at the C5 alpha-position with amino-linker arms, a methyl ester, or a carboxyl group at the C5 sidearm, were good substrates for primer-extension reactions by ..
- Transcription factor binding sites in the pol gene intragenic regulatory region of HIV-1 are important for virus infectivityVéronique Goffin
Laboratoire de Virologie Moleculaire, Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires IBMM, Service de Chimie Biologique, Université Libre de Bruxelles Rue des Profs Jeener et Brachet 12, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 33:4285-310. 2005..1, Sp1 and Sp3 interact in vitro with the pol region...
- Hydroxyurea and interleukin-6 synergistically reactivate HIV-1 replication in a latently infected promonocytic cell line via SP1/SP3 transcription factorsRaphael M Oguariri
Laboratory of Human Retrovirology, Clinical Services Program, Science Applications International Corporation Frederick Inc, NCI Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3594-604. 2007..Electrophoretic mobility shift and supershift assays revealed increased binding of the Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factors to this region...
- Expression patterns of SP1 and SP3 during mouse spermatogenesis: SP1 down-regulation correlates with two successive promoter changes and translationally compromised transcriptsWenli Ma
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Biol Reprod 79:289-300. 2008..of gene expression, it is important to understand how levels of Krüpple-like transcription factors SP1 and SP3 change in germ cells during spermatogenesis...
- Activation of the human aldehyde oxidase (hAOX1) promoter by tandem cooperative Sp1/Sp3 binding sites: identification of complex architecture in the hAOX upstream DNA that includes a proximal promoter, distal activation sites, and a silencer elementR M Wright
The Webb Waring Institute and Department of Medicine, The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
DNA Cell Biol 19:459-74. 2000..In addition, we identified an essential role for the transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 in the proximal promoter...
- Regulation of plasma-membrane-associated sialidase NEU3 gene by Sp1/Sp3 transcription factorsKazunori Yamaguchi
Miyagi Cancer Center Research Institute, Natori, Japan
Biochem J 430:107-17. 2010..and chromatin immunoprecipitation demonstrated binding of transcription factors Sp (specificity protein) 1 and Sp3 to the promoter region...
- Immunohistochemical localization of transcription factor Sp3 during dental enamel development in rat tooth germPing Lv
Department of Cariology and Endodontology, Peking University, School of Stomatology, Haidan, Beijing 100081, China
Eur J Oral Sci 114:93-5. 2006b>Sp3, a member of the Sp family of transcription factors, has previously been thought to be ubiquitously expressed, and its expression pattern in tooth development is not clear...
- Down-regulation of human topoisomerase IIalpha expression correlates with relative amounts of specificity factors Sp1 and Sp3 bound at proximal and distal promoter regionsAmram O Williams
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
BMC Mol Biol 8:36. 2007..The specificity proteins Sp1 and Sp3 have been implicated in regulation of topoisomerase IIalpha transcription, although the mechanism by which they ..
- Involvement of Sp1 and SREBP-1a in transcriptional activation of the LDL receptor gene by insulin and LH in cultured porcine granulosa-luteal cellsNatesampillai Sekar
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E128-35. 2004..The pig LDLR gene promoter includes three putative Sp1/Sp3-binding sites and one sterol response element (SRE) site 5' upstream to the transcriptional start site...
- HER2 evaluation using the novel rabbit monoclonal antibody SP3 and CISH in tissue microarrays of invasive breast carcinomasSara Alexandra Vinhas Ricardo
IPATIMUP, Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Clin Pathol 60:1001-5. 2007..Recently, chromogenic in situ hybridisation (CISH), in which HER2 is detected by a peroxidase reaction and the gene amplification can be determined by regular bright-field microscopy, has emerged as an alternative to FISH...
- Structure and electrochemical properties of carbon films prepared by a electron cyclotron resonance sputtering methodJianbo Jia
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Anal Chem 79:98-105. 2007..The optimized sputtering conditions significantly change the film structure, which includes many more sp3 bonds (sp3/sp2 = 0.702) than previously reported film (sp3/sp2 = 0.274)1 with an extremely flat surface (0.7 A)...
- Transcriptional activation of REST by Sp1 in Huntington's disease modelsMyriam Ravache
Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology IGBMC, U964 Centre National de Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 1704 Université de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
PLoS ONE 5:e14311. 2010..We provide evidence that Sp1 and Sp3 bind REST promoter and interplay to fine-tune REST transcription...
- Biglycan gene expression in the human leiomyosarcoma cell line SK-UT-1. Basal and protein kinase A-induced transcription involves binding of Sp1-like/Sp3 proteins in the proximal promoter regionH Ungefroren
Research Unit Molecular Oncology, Clinic for General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, Christian Albrechts University, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Biol Chem 273:29230-40. 1998..complexes that contained nuclear proteins antigenically related to the ubiquitous transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3, respectively...
- Reciprocal regulation of beta(1)-adrenergic receptor gene transcription by Sp1 and early growth response gene 1: induction of EGR-1 inhibits the expression of the beta(1)-adrenergic receptor geneSuleiman W Bahouth
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, The University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Mol Pharmacol 61:379-90. 2002..An element located between -377 and -365 can bind Sp1 and Sp3. In Drosophila melanogaster SL2 cells, Sp1 stimulated the expression of the beta(1)-AR promoter, whereas Sp3 was ..
- Sp1 and Sp3 activate the testis-specific histone H1t promoter through the H1t/GC-boxDonald C Wilkerson
Research Service 151, Overton Brooks Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71101 4295, USA
J Cell Biochem 86:716-25. 2002..We have shown that Sp1 and Sp3 are present in testis cells from 9-day-old and adult rats and in pachytene primary spermatocytes and early ..
- Oncogenic Ha-Ras transformation modulates the transcription of the CTP:phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase alpha gene via p42/44MAPK and transcription factor Sp3Marica Bakovic
Department of Biochemistry and Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group on Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2S2, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:14753-61. 2003..Electromobility shift assays indicated enhanced binding of the Sp3 transcription factor to the CTalpha promoter in Ha-Ras-transformed cells...
- CpG methylation and transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 regulate the expression of the human secretin receptor geneRonald Ting Kai Pang
Department of Zoology, University of Hong Kong, Special Administrate Region, People s Republic of China
Mol Endocrinol 18:471-83. 2004..EMSA and supershift analyses showed that both GC boxes interact with Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factors...
- Sp4 is expressed in retinal neurons, activates transcription of photoreceptor-specific genes, and synergizes with CrxLeonid E Lerner
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20642-50. 2005..beta-PDE and rod opsin gene promoters and compared it to the ubiquitous members of the Sp family, Sp1 and Sp3. Sp4 activates both the rod opsin and beta-PDE promoters, whereas Sp1 activates only the rod opsin promoter and Sp3 ..
- SP3/SP1 transcription activity regulates specific expression of collagen type X in hypertrophic chondrocytesCordula Magee
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 280:25331-8. 2005..In the present study, we examined the role of SP3/SP1 transcription factors in the regulation of the Col10a1 promoter...
- Sp1 and Sp3 regulate the basal transcription of receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa B ligand gene in osteoblasts and bone marrow stromal cellsJianzhong Liu
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Cell Biochem 96:716-27. 2005..Computer analysis revealed that Probes 1 and 2 contain a putative Sp1-binding site. Supershift assays with Sp1 and Sp3 antibodies confirmed that the nuclear proteins binding to Probes 1 and 2 are Sp1 and Sp3...
- Transcriptional regulation of the hypoxia inducible factor-2alpha (HIF-2alpha) gene during adipose differentiation in 3T3-L1 cellsTaira Wada
Department of Health Science, College of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Chiba, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:49-54. 2006..Computer analysis revealed that this element contains several Sp1/Sp3 binding sites...
- Sp1 and Sp3 mediate NHE2 gene transcription in the intestinal epithelial cellsPing Hua
Department of Pediatrics, Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G146-53. 2007..Supershift assays revealed that Sp1 and Sp3 interact with this promoter region, but, contrary to the minimal promoter indispensable for renal expression of ..
- The induction of IL-10 by zymosan in dendritic cells depends on CREB activation by the coactivators CREB-binding protein and TORC2 and autocrine PGE2Yolanda Alvarez
Instituto de Biologia y Genetica Molecular, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Valladolid, Spain
J Immunol 183:1471-9. 2009..Binding activity to Sp1, Sp3, NF-Y, and cAMP response element (CRE) sites was detected in the nuclear extracts of dendritic cells; however these ..
- Transcriptional regulation of human 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulphate synthase 2Chikara Shimizu
Section on Steroid Regulation, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892 4510, U S A
Biochem J 363:263-71. 2002..Furthermore, the presence of specificity protein (Sp) 1, Sp2 and Sp3 proteins in the nuclear extract was confirmed by supershift analysis...
- Stability of the Sp3-DNA complex is promoter-specific: Sp3 efficiently competes with Sp1 for binding to promoters containing multiple Sp-sitesBo Yu
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, College of Dentistry M C 860, University of Illinois at Chicago, 801 South Paulina Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:5368-76. 2003The transcription regulatory protein Sp3 shares more than 90% sequence homology with Sp1 in the DNA-binding domain and they bind to the same cognate DNA-element...
- The zinc finger transcription factor transforming growth factor beta-inducible early gene-1 confers myeloid-specific activation of the leukocyte integrin CD11d promoterJohn D Noti
Guthrie Research Institute, Sayre, Pennsylvania 18840, USA
J Biol Chem 279:26948-58. 2004..Cotransfection and electrophoretic mobility shift analyses of TIEG1, Sp1, and Sp3 revealed that TIEG1 competes with these Sp proteins for binding to overlapping sites in the CD11d promoter...
- Computational study of the structure, dynamics, and photophysical properties of conjugated polymers and oligomers under nanoscale confinementBobby G Sumpter
Computer Science and Mathematics Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USA
J Phys Chem B 109:7671-85. 2005..oriented nanostructures consist of folded PPV conjugated segments with folds occurring at tetrahedral defects (sp3 C-C bonds) within the polymer chain...
- Estrogen regulates KiSS1 gene expression through estrogen receptor alpha and SP protein complexesDali Li
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, 2121 West Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Endocrinology 148:4821-8. 2007..Using both EMSAs and chromatin immunoprecipitation analysis, we determined that both Sp1 and Sp3 proteins constitutively associate with the four putative Sp1 sites in vitro, whereas the association of ERalpha ..
- Regulation of telomerase activity by interferon regulatory factors 4 and 8 in immune cellsRadmila Hrdlicková
School of Biological Sciences and Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712 1095, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:929-41. 2009..Additionally, the binding of Sp1, Sp3, USF-1, USF-2, and c-Myc to the TERT promoter is elevated in cells expressing IRF-4...
- Trichostatin A induces 5-lipoxygenase promoter activity and mRNA expression via inhibition of histone deacetylase 2 and 3Laura Pufahl
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry ZAFES, Goethe University Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 16:1461-73. 2012..the histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor trichostatin A (TSA) activates 5-LO transcription via recruitment of Sp1, Sp3 and RNA polymerase II to the proximal promoter...
- Cross coupling between sp3-carbon and sp3-carbon using a diborylmethane derivative at room temperatureKohei Endo
Division of Material Sciences, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
J Org Chem 77:4826-31. 2012..The present approaches provide functionalized homoallylboronates and alkylboronates with excellent regio- and chemoselectivities...
- Correlation between protein secondary structure, backbone bond angles, and side-chain orientationsMartin Lundgren
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University, PO Box 803, S 75108 Uppsala, Sweden
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 86:021904. 2012We investigate the fine structure of the sp3 hybridized covalent bond geometry that governs the tetrahedral architecture around the central C(α) carbon of a protein backbone, and for this we develop new visualization techniques to ..
- Amide bond formation via C(sp3)-H bond functionalization and CO insertionHuizhen Liu
Institut des Sciences et Ingenierie Chimiques, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Chem Commun (Camb) 50:341-3. 2014..An efficient method for the synthesis of amides via Pd-catalyzed oxidative carbonylation of C(sp(3))-H bonds with CO and amines is described. The route efficiently provides substituted phenyl amides from alkanes. ..
- Synthesis of fused bicyclic piperidines: potential bioactive templates for medicinal chemistryJinglan Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 11010 Torreyana Road, San Diego, California 92121, United States
J Org Chem 80:70-9. 2015..These new scaffolds possess high sp3 character and may prove useful in multiple medicinal chemistry applications.
- Specificity protein (Sp) transcription factors and metformin regulate expression of the long non-coding RNA HULCShruti U Gandhy
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Sciences Center, Houston, TX, USA
Oncotarget 6:26359-72. 2015..HepG2, SNU-449 and SK-Hep-1 cells, highly upregulated in liver cancer (HULC) was regulated not only by Sp1 but also Sp3 and Sp4 in the three cell lines...
- Transcription factors YY1, Sp1 and Sp3 modulate dystrophin Dp71 gene expression in hepatic cellsKatia Peñuelas-Urquides
Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica Del Noreste, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Monterrey 64720, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Biochem J 473:1967-76. 2016..Using EMSAs and ChIP, we showed that the Sp1 (specificity protein 1), Sp3 (specificity protein 3) and YY1 (Yin and Yang 1) transcription factors bind to the Dp71 promoter region...
- A role for Sp and nuclear receptor transcription factors in a cardiac hypertrophic growth programM N Sack
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:6438-43. 1997..Antibody "supershift" studies demonstrated that members of the Sp (Sp1, Sp3) and nuclear hormone receptor [chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF)/erbA-related ..
- Transcriptional regulation of adipocyte hormone-sensitive lipase by glucoseFatima Smih
INSERM Unité 317, Institut Louis Bugnard, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Rangueil, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Diabetes 51:293-300. 2002..Electromobility shift assays showed that upstream stimulatory factor (USF)-1 and USF2 and Sp1 and Sp3 bound to a consensus E-box and two GC-boxes in the -137-bp region...
- Structures of two histidine ammonia-lyase modifications and implications for the catalytic mechanismMathias Baedeker
Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:1790-7. 2002..7 A resolution. It contains a planar sp2-hybridized 144-N atom of MIO, in contrast to the pyramidal sp3-hybridized 144-N of the wild-type...
- Complex regulation of human neuronal nitric-oxide synthase exon 1c gene transcription. Essential role of Sp and ZNF family members of transcription factorsDieter Saur
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:25798-814. 2002..In Drosophila Schneider cells expression of Sp1, the long Sp3 isoform, ZNF76 and ZNF143 potently transactivated the nNOS exon 1c promoter...
- Dietary HDAC Inhibitors in Colon Cancer PreventionRoderick H Dashwood; Fiscal Year: 2012..Potent HDAC inhibitors `de- repress'epigenetically silenced genes, such as P21/WAF1, through Sp1/Sp3 transcription factor binding sites in the corresponding gene promoters, causing growth arrest/apoptosis in cancer ..
- Mustafa F Lokhandwala; Fiscal Year: 2016..Transcription factors such as AP1 and SP3 play an important role in oxidative stress related pathophysiological conditions...
- Colon Cell Differentiation: NAB and MUC2 Gene ExpressionAnna Velcich; Fiscal Year: 2009..2. Whether HDAC activity can counteract NaB mediated repression of MUC2 3. Whether there is modulation of SP1/SP3 activity, which we demonstrated is important for MUC2 regulation. 4...
- MECHANISMS OF NA+ TRANSPORT IN THE HUMAN INTESTINEPradeep K Dudeja; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have cloned the human NHE2 cDNA and its promoter region and established that transcription factors, Sp1 and Sp3, play a major role in the basal and stimulated NHE2 promoter activity...
- Mohammad Asghar; Fiscal Year: 2015..and decreased D1 receptor mRNAs as well as higher nuclear levels of redox-sensitive transcription factors NFkB and Sp3 in proximal tubules of old rats...
- Mechanisms of Neuronal Specific TranscriptionGrace Gill; Fiscal Year: 2009..that the mechanisms that regulate the levels and activity of the GC box-binding transcription factors Sp1, Sp3 and Sp4 during neurogenesis contribute to neuronal-specific expression of p35...
- Charles E Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2014..To delineate the importance of Sp1 and Sp3 protein binding to the novel 15-bp DNA element and upstream sites in IFN inducible as well as basal transcriptional ..
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..motif, which binds the transcription factor Oct-3; and a GT/CACC box, which binds the transcription factors Spi and Sp3. Although a great deal is now known about the FGF-4 enhancer, many important questions remain unanswered, in ..
- A Measurement Error Approach to Estimating Usual Daily Physical Activity DistribuGreg J Welk; Fiscal Year: 2011..Participants will complete two days of physical activity monitoring with the BodyMedia Sensewear Pro III (SP3), a multi-channel pattern recognition device that provides accurate estimates of PA and energy expenditure...
- Investigations of New Pd"/Pd"-catalyzed aryl C-F and C-CF3 Coupling ReactionsNICHOLAS DEWAYNE BALL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Although there are a variety of synthetic approaches to create aliphatic sp3 and olefinic sp2 C-F bonds, there are few methods to form aryl C-F bonds...
- Bruce H Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2014..Reactive, highly water-sensitive sp3-based organozinc reagents can be generated in situ and used as coupling partners, protected from their aqueous ..
- OLAFS DAUGULIS; Fiscal Year: 2016..In this project, palladium-catalyzed arylation, alkylation, vinylation, and alkynylation of unactivated sp3 C-H bonds will be explored in context of synthesis of biologically relevant unnatural amino acid derivatives...
- Carsten Krebs; Fiscal Year: 2015..In all well-established enzyme mechanisms involving H abstraction, the cleaved C-H bonds are sp3-hybridized, and the associated homolytic bond-dissociation energies (BDEs) are less than (or equal to) the 104 kcal/..
- Mohammad Movassaghi; Fiscal Year: 2016..The core structures of these alkaloids are adjoined by either Csp3-alkyl (sp3-sp3) or Csp3-aryl (sp3-sp2) bond connectivity at quaternary stereocenters...
- Regulation of PAF Acetylhydrolase Expression by Oxidized PhospholipidsSUZANNE BARBOUR; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Aim 2, we will investigate role of a GC-box, Sp1, and Sp3 in induction of PAFAH by oxPL and determine whether PAFAH induction is dependent on phosphorylation of Sp1/ Sp3 and/..
- Selective C-H Bond Functionalization in Complex Organic SynthesisDalibor Sames; Fiscal Year: 2010..projects include C-H arylation of saturated heterocycles (1-arylation of amines equipped with a new directing group;sp3 C-H bonds), direct C-H arylation of complex azole heteroarenes (sp2 C-H bonds)...
- VIMENTINSS REGULATORY FACTORS INVOLVED IN DEVELOPMENTZENDRA ZEHNER; Fiscal Year: 2003..They know of no other gene which uses Sp2 instead of Spl/Sp3 proteins. Upstream the investigators have located a silencer element, which binds the zinc finger protein, ZBP-89...
- Patrick J Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2016..The overall objective of this application is to develop novel and practical methods for sp3-C-H bond functionalizations/C-C couplings with very weakly acidic C-H's (pKa's 32 to over 40)...
- F D Toste; Fiscal Year: 2015..of carbon-carbon pi-bonds are proposed, with a major emphasis placed on the development of enantioselective sp3-C-F bond construction...
- Differential Functions of Sp-Family MembersJonathan Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..As a consequence of our previous studies of Sp-family members we discovered that one member, Sp3, encodes three functionally distinct proteins, including two internally initiated isoforms that repress Sp1/Sp3- ..
- MECHANISM OF SUPPRESSION OF SP3 GENE EXPRESSION IN MSJohn Richert; Fiscal Year: 2000..One of the mRNAs detected from the normal twin but not from the MS twin codes for the bifunctional transcription factor Sp3. Although Sp3 was initially described as a dominant suppressor of gene transcription, it now appears to ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF EC-SODRodney Folz; Fiscal Year: 2009..EC-SOD transcriptional expression is regulated by a family of transcription factors (Ets, MZF-1, Kruppel, and Sp1/Sp3) interacting at a proximal and distal promoter element located in the 5'-untranslated region of the murine EC-..
- Cytokine Regulation of Liver Growth Hormone SignalingLee Denson; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will then determine whether TNFalpha down regulates Ghr expression via Sp1/Sp3 de-phosphorylation leading to reduced DNA binding affinity, and whether IL-6 up regulates Socs-3 expression by ..
- Jin Quan Yu; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Transition metal-catalyzed enantioselective sp3 C-H activation reactions can provide new synthetic routes for the expedient construction of bioactive molecules and drug compounds...
- Microbial Recognition by Innate Immune ReceptorsRoy Mariuzza; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have expressed recombinant mindin for use in ITC and SPR binding experiments to synthetic LPS oligosaccharides and lipid A derivatives, and for crystallization of specific mindin-ligand complexes. ..
- ENANTIOSELECTIVE APPROACH TO ANTITUMOR AGENTSJAMES PANEK; Fiscal Year: 1992..oxygenated allylsilanes will participate in addition reactions with chiral aldehydes as configurationally stable, sp3 hybridized, alpha- alkoxy allyl anion equivalents for the construction of optically active 1,2-diol units...
- Mechanisms of transcriptional repression by SUMOGRACE B GILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Post-translational modification by SUMO represses activity of the dual function transcription factor Sp3. Sp3 is required for post-natal survival and differentiation of bone, tooth, and hematopoietic lineages ..
- 2,3,7,8,--TCDD Effects on the Estrogenic ResponsesStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed Aims will address important mechanistic considerations on IDRE-independent inhibitory AhR-ERa crosstalk and pathways critical for inhibition of mammary tumor growth by SAhRMs. ..
- Coactivation of Estrogen Receptor alpha/Sp1Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Factor-Estrogen Receptor CrosstalkStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Colon Cancer Inhibition by a Class of PPARgamma AgonistsStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will provide mechanistic insights on PPARy-dependent inhibition of colon cancer and identify compounds for future clinical studies. ..
- TOXICOLOGY OF ENVIRONMENT CONTAMINANTSStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed training program will continue to provide trainees with a challenging academic and research environment that will prepare them for future careers in academic, industry and government. ..
- Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer by New PPARgamma Agonis*Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2008..PPAR? -active C-substituted DIMs that inhibit pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, and these will serve as lead compounds for development of new drugs for clinical treatment of this devastating disease ..
- ESTROGEN INDUCED RESPONSES VIA ER/SPL COMPLEXESStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will ultimately facilitate design of chemotherapeutic approaches which target specific genes. ..
- Diastereoselective Functionalization of sp3 C-H BondsNan Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..potential, much more development will be needed especially in the area of diastereoselective functionalization of sp3 C-H bonds...
- ALKYL PCDFS--INHIBITION OF MAMMARY CANCERStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus the proposed studies will define a new mechanism-based class of antiestrogens that can be used alone or in combination with tamoxifen for treatment of breast and endometrial cancer. ..
- Mechanisms By Which Endothelium Cells Sense Changes in HemodynamicsBauer Sumpio; Fiscal Year: 2007..2. Define how sp1 and sp3 are regulated by mechanical forces a) Assess sp1 and sp3 transcription by different forces b) Assess sp1 ..
- NK effector mechanisms during NK-lymphoma interactionsCHARLES SENTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will involve two murine lymphoma models: RMA andBW-Sp3 tumor cells...
- Molecular Mechanisms That Regulate CD11d ExpressionJOHN NOTI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Transgenic analysis of the CD11d cis elements will be done to complement these studies. These studies will expand our understanding of normal myeloid development and leukemogenesis. ..
- Essential role of biotin in cell proliferationJanos Zempleni; Fiscal Year: 2004..The basic knowledge generated may well be relevant to teratogenesis and immune dysfunction caused by biotin deficiency. ..
- Synthesis of Tumor Inhibitory Marine Natural ProductsJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2004..The main chemical issues to be addressed include the control of stereochemistry by means of chiral organometal chemistry and the design of new and efficient routes to structurally novel natural products. ..
- P21 transcriptional inhibitors as proapoptotic compoundsAndrei Gartel; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study may improve treatment of cancer by leading to the identification of new compounds that will increase the efficiency of cell death promoting anticancer drugs for cancer treatment. ..
- Functional Studies of the Extracellular Domain of MplDANIEL SABATH; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF GINKGO BILOBA IN CANCERVassilios Papadopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments should demonstrate if EGB 761 could be used to prevent and/or stabilize the progression of cancer. ..
- HPV, Genetic Instability & Oral CancerNo Hee Park; Fiscal Year: 2005..of viral oncogene transcripts restore the DNA repair activites and genomic integrity of HPV-immortalized HOK cells, pre-neoplastic and neoplastic human oral epithelial cells (from lesion biopsies) expressing "high risk" HPV oncogenes? ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANNONACEOUS ACETOGENINS AND ANALOGUESJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The synthetic approach will employ chiral allylic and allenic organometal reagents to introduce stereogenic centers with concurrent formation of carbon-carbon bonds. ..
- ALTERED MECHANICAL LOADS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE PHENOTYPERichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2009..By co- immunoprecipitation we also show that both Pur-proteins interact with Sp3-proteins;transcription factors shown by us to contribute to NWB decreased betaMyHC gene transcription...
- Transformation of Infinite Life Span Human FibroblastsJ McCormick; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) determine whether the cell strains found to exhibit the appropriate critical change in growth factor responsiveness can be malignantly transformed by transfection of an H-RAS oncogene. ..
- Estrogenic Regulation of Mitochondrial Transcription in Huntington's DiseaseHoon Ryu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide novel mechanisms for preventing mitochondrial transcriptional dysfunction and help in the design of applicable compounds that modulate mitochondrial function. ..
- 3-METHYLINDOLE-INDUCED LUNG INJURYGAROLD YOST; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- 15-Lipoxygenase 2 is a Prostate Senescence GeneDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to utilize the data obtained from this project to develop 15-LOX-2-targeted anti-PCa therapeutics that trigger cell-cycle arrest and senescence. ..
- THE TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF MONOAMINE OXIDASE AJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2008..Co-regulators interacting with APJGR during agonist stimulated or basal state will be co-immuno-precipitated by AR or GR specific antibody. The validity and the function of identified protein(s) will be investigated. ..
- PROLACTIN REGULATES THE UTERINE RESPONSE TO PROGESTERONEBeverly Chilton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding the mechanism of prolactin and progesterone interaction in the endometrium may be important to good reproductive health. ..
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF GASTRINJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..For type specifications, see instructions on page 6.) RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Attentional Dysfunction in Fragile X SyndromeKenneth Maclean; Fiscal Year: 2007..Individual md combination tests of these drugs will determine the relative roles of each of these systems, and lead to [unreadable]-,-combination treatments for this Important problem In FXS. ..
- Regulation of Treacher Collins Syndrome TCOF1 geneKATHRYN SHOWS; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CYTOCHROME P450 GENE REGULATION IN LUNGGAROLD YOST; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TWO TYPES OF MONOAMINE OXIDASEJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] These studies are important for both basic neuropharmacology and clinical[unreadable] research. ..
- Altering Gastric Epithelial Cell DifferentiationJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further our understanding of how corpus atrophy predisposes the gastric mucosa to neoplastic transformation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structure/Function of Varicella Zoster Virus DNAWilliam Ruyechan; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also examine the recently identified interaction between IE63 and the host RNA Polymerase I1. ..