Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SOCS6
Description: suppressor of cytokine signaling 6
Alias: CIS-4, CIS4, HSPC060, SOCS-4, SOCS-6, SOCS4, SSI4, STAI4, STATI4, suppressor of cytokine signaling 6, STAT induced STAT inhibitor-4, cytokine-inducible SH2 protein 4, suppressor of cytokine signaling 4
- Cloning and characterization of novel CIS family genesM Masuhara
Institute of Life Science, Kurume University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 239:439-46. 1997..Here we cloned three additional CIS family genes (CIS2, CIS3, and CIS4) on the basis of an expression sequence tag (EST) database search...
- SOCS6, down-regulated in gastric cancer, inhibits cell proliferation and colony formationRai Hua Lai
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer Lett 288:75-85. 2010..By mRNA differential display, we showed that SOCS6 was frequently down-regulated in gastric cancer (GC)...
- Genomic organization and functional characterization of the promoter for the human suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 geneRai Hua Lai
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Gene 448:64-73. 2009In this study, we report the expression and genomic structure of the gene encoding human suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6), and the characterization of the functional promoter region...
- Structural basis for c-KIT inhibition by the suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) ubiquitin ligaseFahad Zadjali
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biol Chem 286:480-90. 2011..b>Suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) is a member of the SOCS family of E3 ubiquitin ligases that can interact with c-KIT and ..
- SOCS5 and SOCS6 have similar expression patterns in normal and cancer tissuesSungpil Yoon
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu 1 dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi do 411 764, South Korea
Tumour Biol 33:215-21. 2012In the present study, we investigated mRNA expression patterns of both SOCS5 and SOCS6 in various normal and cancer tissues using a commercially available Cancer Profiling Array...
- Reduced expression of SOCS2 and SOCS6 in hepatocellular carcinoma correlates with aggressive tumor progression and poor prognosisXinyu Qiu
Department of Oral Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Mol Cell Biochem 378:99-106. 2013To investigate the clinical significance of suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS)-2 and SOCS6 in human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 associates with KIT and regulates KIT receptor signalingJulie Bayle
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U119, Laboratoire d Hématopoïèse Moléculaire et Fonctionnelle, 27 Boulevard Lei Roure, 13009 Marseille, France
J Biol Chem 279:12249-59. 2004..The function of SOCS4, 5, 6, and 7 are not known...
- SOCS-6 binds to insulin receptor substrate 4, and mice lacking the SOCS-6 gene exhibit mild growth retardationDanielle L Krebs
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research and the Cooperative Research Centre for Cellular Growth Factors, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 22:4567-78. 2002..However, both male and female SOCS-6(-/-) mice weighed approximately 10% less than wild-type littermates...
- miR-17-5p promotes proliferation by targeting SOCS6 in gastric cancer cellsQiong Wu
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
FEBS Lett 588:2055-62. 2014..Through reporter gene and western blot assays, SOCS6 was shown to be a direct target of miR-17-5p, and proliferative assays confirmed that SOCS6 exerted opposing ..
- MiR-21 and MiR-155 promote non-small cell lung cancer progression by downregulating SOCS1, SOCS6, and PTENXinying Xue
Department of Special Medical Treatment Respiratory Disease, Beijing Shijitan Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Oncotarget 7:84508-84519. 2016..In addition, miR-21 and miR-155 share nearly 30% of their predicted target genes, including SOCS1, SOCS6, and PTEN, three tumor suppressor genes often silenced in NSCLC...
- The ubiquitin-proteasome system regulates focal adhesions at the leading edge of migrating cellsAnjali Teckchandani
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, United States
elife 5:. 2016..Here we show that suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) and Cullin 5, two components of the CRL5SOCS6 ubiquitin ligase, inhibit Cas-..
- Identification and expression analysis of suppressors of cytokine signaling (SOCS) of Japanese flounder Paralichthys olivaceusKittipong Thanasaksiri
Laboratory of Genome Science, Graduate School of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Konan 4 5 7, Minato, Tokyo 108 8477, Japan
Fish Shellfish Immunol 58:145-152. 2016..Here we identified eight SOCS proteins (CISH, SOCS1a, SOCS1b, SOCS3a, SOCS3b, SOCS5, SOCS6 and SOCS9) in the Japanese flounder and analyzed their mRNA expressions after injection of poly (I:C) and formalin-..
- Expression of the SOCS family in human chronic wound tissues: Potential implications for SOCS in chronic wound healingYi Feng
Cardiff China Medical Research Collaborative, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Int J Mol Med 38:1349-1358. 2016..Significantly higher levels of SOCS3 (P=0.0284) and SOCS4 (P=0...
- MicroRNAs responsive to Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans and Porphyromonas gingivalis LPS modulate expression of genes regulating innate immunity in human macrophagesAfsar R Naqvi
Department of Periodontology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA Currently at Department of Periodontics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Innate Immun 20:540-51. 2014..of interleukin-6 receptorα (IL-6Rα) and IFN-γ inducible protein 30 and let-7f targeting of suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 and thrombospondin-1...
- E3 ubiquitin ligase Pub1 is implicated in endocytosis of a GPI-anchored protein Ecm33 in fission yeastYue Fang
Department of Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Shenyang, China Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e85238. 2014..GPI)-anchored proteins including Ecm33, as multicopy suppressors of the phenotypes of a mutant allele of cis4(+) that encodes a zinc transporter in fission yeast...
- SOCS3 and SOCS6 are required for the risperidone-mediated inhibition of insulin and leptin signaling in neuroblastoma cellsLongzhen Piao
Department of Pharmacology, Metabolic Diseases and Cell Signaling Laboratory, Research Institute for Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 301 747, Republic of Korea
Int J Mol Med 33:1364-70. 2014..and the mechanisms involved include the induction of suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) and suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) expression...
- New candidate loci identified by array-CGH in a cohort of 100 children presenting with syndromic obesityMarie Laure Vuillaume
CHU Bordeaux, Service de Genetique Medicale, Bordeaux, France Univ Bordeaux, Maladies Rares Génétique et Métabolisme MRGM, EA 4576, Bordeaux, France
Am J Med Genet A 164:1965-75. 2014..in lipid metabolism (ACOXL, MSMO1, MVD, and PDZK1) linked with nervous system function (BDH1 and LINGO2), neutral lipid storage (PLIN2), energy homeostasis and metabolic processes (CDH13, CNTNAP2, CPPED1, NDUFA4, PTGS2, and SOCS6).
- Characterization of microRNA transcriptome in lung cancer by next-generation deep sequencingJie Ma
Departments of Pathology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mol Oncol 8:1208-19. 2014..expression in NSCLC cells affected cell growth, proliferation, and invasion by targeting a tumor suppressor, SOCS4. Evaluating miR-944 in 52 formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded SCC tissues revealed that miR-944 expression was ..
- MiR-183 modulates multi-drug resistance in hepatocellular cancer (HCC) cells via miR-183-IDH2/SOCS6-HIF-1α feedback loopX J Wang
Clinical Laboratory, the Central Hospital of Yishui, Linyi, Shandong, China
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 20:2020-7. 2016..This study aims to study the association between miR-183 dysregulation and multi-drug resistance (MDR). Also, how it is dysregulated in HCC cells was investigated...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 (SOCS4) protects against severe cytokine storm and enhances viral clearance during influenza infectionLukasz Kedzierski
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria Australia Department of Medical Biology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
PLoS Pathog 10:e1004134. 2014..There is no described biological role for SOCS4, despite broad expression in the hematopoietic system...
- The associations between immunity-related genes and breast cancer prognosis in Korean womenJaesung Choi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Seoul National University Graduate School, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 9:e103593. 2014..05. The most significant SNPs were rs1952438 in SOCS4 gene (hazard ratio (HR) = 11.99, 95% CI = 3.62-39.72, P = 4...
- SOCS genes expression during physiological and perturbed implantation in bovine endometriumA Vitorino Carvalho
INRAUMR1198 Biologie du Développement et Reproduction, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, FranceSchool of Agriculture and Food ScienceUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, IrelandCentre for Reproductive ImmunologyInstitute of Life Science, College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea SA28PP, UKDepartment of Pathology and ImmunologyBaylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USASchool of Veterinary Medicine and ScienceUniversity of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough LE12 5RD, Leicestershire, UK
Reproduction 148:545-57. 2014..Altogether, our data showed that CISH, SOCS4, SOCS5 and SOCS7 mRNA levels were poorly affected during luteolysis and pregnancy...
- Maternal organism and embryo biosensoring: insights from ruminantsOlivier Sandra
INRA, UMR1198 Biologie du Développement et Reproduction, F 78352 Jouy en Josas, France ENVA, UMR1198 Biologie du Développement et Reproduction, F 94704 Maisons Alfort, France Electronic address
J Reprod Immunol 108:105-13. 2015..g. foxl2, socs6)...
- TGFβ1 inhibits IFNγ-mediated microglia activation and protects mDA neurons from IFNγ-driven neurotoxicityXiaolai Zhou
Department of Molecular Embryology, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Neurochem 134:125-34. 2015..Interestingly, genes mediating negative regulation of IFNγ signaling, such as SOCS2 and SOCS6, were up-regulated after TGFβ1 treatment...
- Analysis of volatile compounds in powdered milk for infant nutrition by direct desorption (CIS4-TDU) and GC-MSIeri Francesca
PHYTOLAB laboratory, Scientific and Technological Pole, Via Ugo Schiff 6, Sesto Fiorentino, 50019 FIorence, Italy DiSIA Department of Statistics, Computer Sciences and Applications, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 59, 50134 Florence, Italy Electronic address
Talanta 141:195-9. 2015Direct thermal desorption coupled with the Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (TDU-CIS4-GC-MS) technique applied to powdered milk was used as a novel approach for the characterization and quantification, as relative abundance, of ..
- Convergent evolution of SOCS4 between yak and Tibetan antelope in response to high-altitude stressZefu Wang
State Key Laboratory of Grassland Agro Ecosystem, College of Life Science, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China Electronic address
Gene 572:298-302. 2015..We found that one gene, SOCS4, which is involved in the regulation of HIF-1α, showed a signature of convergent evolution...
- Feeding a high dosage of zinc oxide affects suppressor of cytokine gene expression in Salmonella Typhimurium infected pigletsJasper N Schulte
Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Breeding Biology and Molecular Genetics, Invalidenstraße 42, D 10115 Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 178:10-3. 2016..After 42days of infection, the expression of SOCS2, SOCS4, and SOCS7 was increased only in animals fed the highest concentrations of zinc oxide, while non-infected piglets ..
- Differential oncogene-related gene expressions in myeloma cells resistant to prednisone and vincristinePelin Mutlu
Middle East Technical University, Central Laboratory, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology R and D Center, Ankara, Turkey
Biomed Pharmacother 66:506-11. 2012..were seen to be altered in resistant MM sublines whereas suppressors of cytokine signalling genes such as SOCS2, SOCS4 and WSB2 were all downregulated...
- SOCS3 and SOCS5 mRNA expressions may predict initial steroid response in nephrotic syndrome childrenDanuta Ostalska-Nowicka
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Nephrology, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 49:719-28. 2011..children, the initial increased expression of JaK1, JaK2, JaK3, STAT1, STAT2, STAT6, TYK2, SOCS1, SOCS2, SOCS3, SOCS4 and SOCS5 was reduced back to the control limits...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) promotes mitochondrial fission via regulating DRP1 translocationH Y Lin
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cell Death Differ 20:139-53. 2013..We have previously shown that biallelic inactivation of the suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) gene is a frequent event in human gastric cancer...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 (SOCS4): moderator of ovarian primordial follicle activationJ M Sutherland
Priority Research Centre in Reproductive Science, Discipline of Biological Sciences, School of Environmental and Life Sciences, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales, Australia
J Cell Physiol 227:1188-98. 2012..Negative regulation of the JAK/STAT pathway is controlled by the suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 (SOCS4) protein, which target members of negative feedback loops, Cardiotrophin like Cytokine (CLC), ..
- Expression of SOCSs in human prostate cancer and their association in prognosisJian Guo Zhu
Department of Urology, Guizhou Provincial People s Hospital, Guizhou, China
Mol Cell Biochem 381:51-9. 2013..98, P = 0.031; at protein level: 5.12 ± 0.60 vs. 2.68 ± 0.37, P = 0.016) and SOCS6 expression was downregulated (at mRNA level: change ratio = -1.65, P = 0.008; at protein level: 3.03 ± 0.32 vs. 4...
- Functional cross-modulation between SOCS proteins can stimulate cytokine signalingJulie Piessevaux
Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Department of Medical Protein Research, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Biol Chem 281:32953-66. 2006..We furthermore extended these observations to SOCS6 and SOCS7...
- MicroRNA-424-5p suppresses the expression of SOCS6 in pancreatic cancerKemin Wu
Department of General Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Xiangya Road 87, 410008, Changsha, Hunan Province, People s Republic of China
Pathol Oncol Res 19:739-48. 2013..of upregulated miR-424-5p in pancreatic cancer and show how downstream suppressor of cytokine-induced signaling 6 (SOCS6) is negatively regulated by miR-424-5p...
- Storage lipid accumulation and acyltransferase action in developing flaxseedBrent M Sørensen
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Lipids 40:1043-9. 2005..Acyl-CoA of EPA (20:5cisDelta5,8,11,14,17) or DHA (22:6 cis4,7,10,13,16,19) were included in the specificity studies...
- Defining a tissue stem cell-driven Runx1/Stat3 signalling axis in epithelial cancerCornelia Johanna Franziska Scheitz
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
EMBO J 31:4124-39. 2012..Runx1 stimulates Stat3 signalling via direct transcriptional repression of SOCS3 and SOCS4 and this is essential for cancer cell growth...
- Array-comparative genomic hybridization reveals loss of SOCS6 is associated with poor prognosis in primary lung squamous cell carcinomaKrishna B Sriram
School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e30398. 2012..Primary tumor recurrence commonly occurs after surgical resection of lung squamous cell carcinoma (SCC). Little is known about the genes driving SCC recurrence...
- High humidity suppresses ssi4-mediated cell death and disease resistance upstream of MAP kinase activation, H2O2 production and defense gene expressionFasong Zhou
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Tower Road, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Plant J 39:920-32. 2004The Arabidopsis ssi4 mutant, which exhibits spontaneous lesion formation, constitutive expression of pathogenesis-related (PR) genes and enhanced resistance to virulent bacterial and oomycete pathogens, contains a gain-of-function ..
- The N-terminal domains of SOCS proteins: a conserved region in the disordered N-termini of SOCS4 and 5Zhi Ping Feng
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Proteins 80:946-57. 2012..and C-terminal SOCS box motifs of the SOCS proteins are well characterized, but the long N-terminal domains of SOCS4-7 remain poorly understood...
- A gain-of-function mutation in an Arabidopsis Toll Interleukin1 receptor-nucleotide binding site-leucine-rich repeat type R gene triggers defense responses and results in enhanced disease resistanceYumiko Shirano
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Cell 14:3149-62. 2002..of npr1-5-based salicylic acid (SA) insensitivity, we isolated a semidominant gain-of-function mutation, designated ssi4, that confers constitutive expression of several PR (pathogenesis-related) genes, induces SA accumulation, triggers ..
- Studies on the roles of clathrin-mediated membrane trafficking and zinc transporter Cis4 in the transport of GPI-anchored proteins in fission yeastWurentuya Jaiseng
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e41946. 2012We previously identified Cis4, a zinc transporter belonging to the cation diffusion facilitator protein family, and we demonstrated that Cis4 is implicated in Golgi membrane trafficking in fission yeast...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 6 (SOCS6) negatively regulates Flt3 signal transduction through direct binding to phosphorylated tyrosines 591 and 919 of Flt3Julhash U Kazi
Experimental Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Wallenberg Laboratory, Skane University Hospital, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
J Biol Chem 287:36509-17. 2012..SOCS6 (suppressor of cytokine signaling 6) is a member of the SOCS family of E3 ubiquitin ligases that can regulate receptor tyrosine kinase ..
- Mechanistic and prognostic significance of aberrant methylation in the molecular pathogenesis of human hepatocellular carcinomaDiego F Calvisi
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4262, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2713-22. 2007..Further, selective inactivation of SPRY1 and -2, DAB2, and SOCS4 and -5 genes and inhibitors of angiogenesis (BNIP3, BNIP3L, IGFBP3, and EGLN2) was associated with poor prognosis...
- Attenuation of leptin and insulin signaling by SOCS proteinsJane K Howard
Endocrine Unit, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Trends Endocrinol Metab 17:365-71. 2006..evidence suggests that SOCS3 appears to be of particular importance in the development of leptin resistance, whereas the ability to diminish insulin action has been described for several SOCS proteins (SOCS1, SOCS3, SOCS6 and SOCS7).
- The relationship between chronic fatigue and somatization syndrome: a general population surveyAlexandra Martin
Section for Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 63:147-56. 2007....
- The nuclear localization of SOCS6 requires the N-terminal region and negatively regulates Stat3 protein levelsMi Na Hwang
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu l dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si Gyeonggi do 411 764, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:333-8. 2007We determined that endogenous- and overexpressed- SOCS6 was localized in both the nucleus and cytoplasm...
- The evolutionarily conserved EBR module of RALT/MIG6 mediates suppression of the EGFR catalytic activityS Anastasi
Department of Experimental Oncology, Laboratory of Immunology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 26:7833-46. 2007..attention is being drawn on transcriptionally controlled feedback inhibitors of EGFR, namely RALT/MIG6, LRIG1, SOCS4 and SOCS5...
- Increased SOCS6 stability with PMA requires its N-terminal region and the Erk pathway via Pkcdelta activationMi Na Hwang
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu 1 dong, Ilsan gu, Goyang si Gyeonggi do 411 764, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:184-9. 2007We investigated stability of the ectopically expressed the SOCS6 protein in HEK293T cells with PMA, which activates protein kinase C (PKC). The treatment of PMA could largely increase SOCS6 stability in HEK293T cells...
- Interleukin-10 (IL-10) selectively enhances CIS3/SOCS3 mRNA expression in human neutrophils: evidence for an IL-10-induced pathway that is independent of STAT protein activationM A Cassatella
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Blood 94:2880-9. 1999..to the recently cloned cytokine-inducible SH2-containing protein (CIS) gene family (which also includes CIS1, CIS2, CIS4, CIS5, and JAB) that is believed to be, at least in part, under the control of STAT transcription factors and whose ..
- Expression of SOCS1 and SOCS3 genes is differentially regulated in breast cancer cells in response to proinflammatory cytokine and growth factor signalsM K Evans
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Oncogene 26:1941-8. 2007..Compared to normal breast cells, we observe a high level constitutive expression of SOCS2, SOCS3, SOCS5, SOCS6, SOCS7, CIS and/or SOCS1 genes in the human cancer cells...
- Crystal structure of the SOCS2-elongin C-elongin B complex defines a prototypical SOCS box ubiquitin ligaseAlex N Bullock
Structural Genomics Consortium, Botnar Research Centre, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:7637-42. 2006..is conserved in SOCS1-3 and CIS1, which share a strictly conserved length of their C termini, but not in SOCS4, 5, and 7, which have extended C termini defining two distinct classes of inter- and intramolecular SOCS box ..
- The E3 ubiquitin ligase HOIL-1 induces the polyubiquitination and degradation of SOCS6 associated proteinsJulie Bayle
INSERM UMR599, Laboratoire d Hématopoïèse Moléculaire et Fonctionnelle, Marseille, France
FEBS Lett 580:2609-14. 2006..Here, we show that haem-oxidized IRP2 ubiquitin ligase-1 (HOIL-1), another E3 ubiquitin ligase, interacts with SOCS6. The Ubl domain of HOIL-1 and the SH2 and Socs-box domains of SOCS6 are required for the interaction...
- Prognostic and predictive relevance of DNAM-1, SOCS6 and CADH-7 genes on chromosome 18q in colorectal cancerIana Storojeva
Department of Research, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Oncology 68:246-55. 2005..novel putative tumor suppressors, Cadh-7, DNAX accessory molecule-1 (Dnam-1) and suppressor of cytokine signaling (Socs6) on chromosome 18q and to correlate molecular results with patient survival and benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Suppressors of cytokine signaling 4 and 5 regulate epidermal growth factor receptor signalingEdith Kario
Department of Biological Regulation, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
J Biol Chem 280:7038-48. 2005..Here we show that the expression of SOCS5 and its closest homolog SOCS4 is elevated in cells following treatment with EGF, similar to several negative feedback regulators of EGFR whose ..
- Two Drosophila suppressors of cytokine signaling (SOCS) differentially regulate JAK and EGFR pathway activitiesJason S Rawlings
Dept of Biology, University of Kentucky, 101 Morgan Bldg Lexington, KY 40506, USA
BMC Cell Biol 5:38. 2004..Examination of one Drosophila SOCS homologue, Socs36E, demonstrated that its expression is responsive to JAK pathway activity and it is capable of downregulating JAK signaling, similar to the well characterized mammalian SOCS...
- Specific sequence changes in multiple transcript system DYT3 are associated with X-linked dystonia parkinsonismDagmar Nolte
Institut fur Humangenetik, Justus Liebig Universitat, Schlangenzahl 14, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10347-52. 2003..Three exons overlap with ING2 (a putative tumor suppressor) and with a homologue of CIS4 (cytokine-inducible SH2 protein 4), both of which are encoded by the opposite strand...
- Differential roles of SOCS family members in EpoR signal transductionArmin G Jegalian
Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1735, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:853-60. 2002..b>SOCS4 expression, in contrast, does not appear to be EPO inducible...
- Preparation and expression of biologically active prolactin and growth hormone receptors and suppressor of cytokine signaling proteins 1, 2, 3, and 6 tagged with cyan and yellow fluorescent proteinsLiora Ben-Yair
Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry, The Hebrew University, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Protein Expr Purif 25:456-64. 2002..Constructs encoding DNA tagged with YFP or CFP upstream of SOCS1, SOCS2, SOCS3, and SOCS6 were prepared in pECFP-C1 and pEYFP-C1 plasmids...
- Suppressors of cytokine signaling-1 and -6 associate with and inhibit the insulin receptor. A potential mechanism for cytokine-mediated insulin resistanceR A Mooney
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 276:25889-93. 2001..These results suggest that SOCS proteins may be inhibitors of IR signaling and could mediate cytokine-induced insulin resistance and contribute to the pathogenesis of type II diabetes...
- CRT1, an Arabidopsis ATPase that interacts with diverse resistance proteins and modulates disease resistance to turnip crinkle virusHong Gu Kang
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Cell Host Microbe 3:48-57. 2008..crt1 also suppressed HR-like cell death induced by ssi4, a constitutively active R protein, and by Pseudomonas syringae carrying avrRpt2...
- Identification of suppressor of cytokine signalling (SOCS) 6, 7, 9 and CISH in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss and analysis of their expression in relation to other known trout SOCSTiehui Wang
Scottish Fish Immunology Research Centre, School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, UK
Fish Shellfish Immunol 29:656-67. 2010Four new members of the SOCS family of molecules in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss), CISH and SOCS6, 7 and 9, are described for the first time in this species...
- Cation diffusion facilitator Cis4 is implicated in Golgi membrane trafficking via regulating zinc homeostasis in fission yeastYue Fang
Division of Molecular Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 19:1295-303. 2008..confer sensitivities to the calcineurin inhibitor FK506 and to a high concentration of MgCl(2) and isolated the cis4-1 mutant, an allele of the gene encoding a cation diffusion facilitator (CDF) protein that is structurally related ..
- Association of systemic lupus erythematosus with C8orf13-BLK and ITGAM-ITGAXGeoffrey Hom
Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
N Engl J Med 358:900-9. 2008..Alleles of HLA-DRB1, IRF5, and STAT4 are established susceptibility genes; there is strong evidence for the existence of additional risk loci...
- Suppressors of cytokine-signaling proteins induce insulin resistance in the retina and promote survival of retinal cellsXuebin Liu
Molecular Immunology Section, Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1857, USA
Diabetes 57:1651-8. 2008....
- Feedback inhibitors of the epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathwaysNoriko Gotoh
Division of Systems Biomedical Technology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:511-5. 2009..FRS2beta)/suc1-associated neurotrophic factor target-2 (SNT-2)/FRS3, suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3)/SOCS4/SOCS5, and leucine-rich repeats and immunoglobulin-like domains 1 (LRIG1)...
- Investigation of gene expression in C(2)C(12) myotubes following simvastatin application and mechanical strainJi Guo Yu
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Science, Sports Medicine Unite, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Atheroscler Thromb 16:21-9. 2009..The aim of the study was to investigate the molecular mechanisms that may mediate statin myopathy...
- Insulin receptor substrate 4 couples the leptin receptor to multiple signaling pathwaysJoris Wauman
Department of Medical Protein Research, University of Ghent, A Baertsoenkaai 3, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Mol Endocrinol 22:965-77. 2008..IRS4 interacted with the regulatory p85 subunit of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, phospholipase Cgamma, and the suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) family members SOCS2, SOCS6, and SOCS7 and thus can modulate LR signaling.
- The Arabidopsis gain-of-function mutant ssi4 requires RAR1 and SGT1b differentially for defense activation and morphological alterationsFasong Zhou
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Tower Road, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 21:40-9. 2008A gain-of-function mutation in resistance (R) gene SSI4 causes constitutive activation of defense responses, spontaneous necrotic lesion formation, enhanced resistance against virulent pathogens, and a severe dwarf phenotype...
- The mechanism of ubiquitination in the cullin-RING E3 ligase machinery: conformational control of substrate orientationJin Liu
Basic Science Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program, NCI Frederick, Frederick, Maryland, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 5:e1000527. 2009..Here, we simulated nine substrate binding proteins: Skp2, Fbw7, beta-TrCP1, Cdc4, Fbs1, TIR1, pVHL, SOCS2, and SOCS4, in the unbound form and bound to Skp1, ASK1 or Elongin C...
- SOCS-6 negatively regulates T cell activation through targeting p56lck to proteasomal degradationYoung Bong Choi
Department of Life Science, Ewha Woman s University, 120 750 Seoul, Korea
J Biol Chem 285:7271-80. 2010..Moreover, SOCS-6 overexpression led to repression of TCR-dependent interleukin-2 promoter activity. These results establish that SOCS-6 acts as a negative regulator of T cell activation by promoting ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis...
- Epithelial induction of porcine suppressor of cytokine signaling 2 (SOCS2) gene expression in response to Entamoeba histolyticaTimothée Bruel
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UR1282, Infectiologie Animale et Sante Publique, Nouzilly, Tours, France
Dev Comp Immunol 34:562-71. 2010..protozoan, Entamoeba histolytica, and we identified by rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) PCR porcine SOCS1, SOCS4, SOCS5 and SOCS6 encoding sequences...
- MicroRNA-98 and let-7 regulate expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 in biliary epithelial cells in response to Cryptosporidium parvum infectionGuoku Hu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
J Infect Dis 202:125-35. 2010..We report here that down-regulation of miR-98 and let-7 also coordinates epithelial expression of SOCS4 after C. parvum infection...
- Suppressor of cytokine signaling 4 detected as a novel gastric cancer suppressor gene using double combination array analysisDaisuke Kobayashi
Department of Surgery II, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
World J Surg 36:362-72. 2012..Molecular mechanisms behind the oncogenesis of gastric cancer (GC) have yet to be identified...
- SA-ABA antagonism in defense responsesWolfgang Moeder
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Plant Signal Behav 5:1231-3. 2010..the antagonistic effects of salicylic acid (SA) and abscisic acid (ABA) in the lesion mimic mutants, cpr22 and ssi4. After shifting these mutants from high humidity, where the lesion mimic phenotype is suppressed to permissive low ..
- Structure of the SOCS4-ElonginB/C complex reveals a distinct SOCS box interface and the molecular basis for SOCS-dependent EGFR degradationAlex N Bullock
University of Oxford, Structural Genomics Consortium, Botnar Research Centre, Oxford OX3 7LD, United Kingdom
Structure 15:1493-504. 2007..SOCS assemble as SH2 domain substrate recognition modules in ElonginB/C-cullin ubiquitin ligases. In accordance, SOCS4 reduces STAT3 signaling from EGFR through increased receptor degradation...
- Pim3 negatively regulates glucose-stimulated insulin secretionGregory Vlacich
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Islets 2:308-17. 2010..Pim3 was also found to physically interact with SOCS6 and SOCS6 levels were strongly reduced in Pim3-/- islets...
- Investigating the inner speech of people who stutter: evidence for (and against) the covert repair hypothesisPaul H Brocklehurst
Department of Psychology, School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, 7 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, Scotland, UK
J Commun Disord 44:246-60. 2011..However, the frequency of participants' inner-speech errors was not correlated to their SSI4 scores, nor to two other measures of stuttering severity...
- Arabidopsis metacaspase 2d is a positive mediator of cell death induced during biotic and abiotic stressesNaohide Watanabe
Department of Plant Biology and Pathology, School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 8550, USA
Plant J 66:969-82. 2011..proteins were found to correlate with conditional cell-death induction in two lesion-mimic mutants (cpr22 and ssi4) that exhibit spontaneous cell-death phenotypes...
- Porphyromonas gingivalis induction of microRNA-203 expression controls suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 in gingival epithelial cellsCatherine E Moffatt
Center for Oral Health and Systemic Disease, School of Dentistry, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Infect Immun 79:2632-7. 2011..Putative targets of miR-203, suppressor of cytokine signaling 3 (SOCS3) and SOCS6, were evaluated by qRT-PCR. SOCS3 and SOCS6 mRNA levels were reduced >5-fold and >2-fold, respectively, in P...
- [Examination of the stability of medically unexplained symptoms and somatoform disorders over time within the context of different diagnostic concepts]Natalie Steinbrecher
Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Klinische Psychologie, Mainz
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 61:356-63. 2011The aim of this study was to determine and to compare the stability of medically unexplained symptoms and somatoform disorders within the context of different diagnostic concepts (SSI4/6, DSM-IV, DSM-V).
- Regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor signalling by inducible feedback inhibitorsOreste Segatto
Department of Experimental Oncology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, 00158 Rome, Italy
J Cell Sci 124:1785-93. 2011..cells, four EGFR inducible feedback inhibitors (IFIs), namely LRIG1, RALT (also known as MIG6 and ERRFI1), SOCS4 and SOCS5, have been discovered recently...
- Expression of SOCS1-7 and CIS mRNA in porcine tissuesMario Delgado-Ortega
Institut National de Recherche Agronomique, UR1282, Infectiologie Animale et Sante Publique, F 37380 Nouzilly, France
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 144:493-8. 2011..mRNA expression of SOCS1, SOCS3, SOCS7 and CIS was rather heterogeneous between tissues while for SOCS2, SOCS4, SOCS5 and SOCS6 differences of expression were less obvious...
- Modulation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) factor pathways during focal cerebral ischaemia: a gene expression array study in rat hippocampus after middle cerebral artery occlusionSheng Li Sun
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:1097-101. 2007..on global changes in STAT gene expression in the hippocampus of rats after focal cerebral ischaemia and reperfusion, in which STAT2, 5a, 5b, 6 and SOCS4 were confirmed to be significantly modulated during focal cerebral ischaemia.
- Suppressor of cytokine signalling-6 promotes neurite outgrowth via JAK2/STAT5-mediated signalling pathway, involving negative feedback inhibitionSakshi Gupta
Eukaryotic Gene Expression Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 6:e26674. 2011..The SOCS6 protein, a less extensively studied SOCS family member, has been shown to induce insulin resistance in the retina ..