Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNCG
Description: synuclein gamma
Alias: BCSG1, gamma-synuclein, breast cancer-specific gene 1 protein, persyn, synoretin, synuclein, gamma (breast cancer-specific protein 1)
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of a breast cancer-specific gene, BCSG1, by direct differential cDNA sequencingH Ji
Human Genome Sciences, Inc, Rockville, Maryland 20850 3338, USA
Cancer Res 57:759-64. 1997..In situ hybridization analysis demonstrated stage-specific BCSG1 expression as follows: BCSG1 was undetectable in normal or benign breast lesions, showed partial expression in ..
- Organization, expression and polymorphism of the human persyn geneN N Ninkina
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of St Andrews, Bute Medical Buildings, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9TS, UK
Hum Mol Genet 7:1417-24. 1998b>Persyn is a recently identified member of the synuclein family with a distinct pattern of expression during pre- and postnatal development of the mouse peripheral and central nervous systems...
- Identification, localization and characterization of the human gamma-synuclein geneC Lavedan
Laboratory of Genetic Disease Research, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Genet 103:106-12. 1998..The gamma-synuclein gene, also known as BCSG1, was recently found to be overexpressed in advanced infiltrating carcinoma of the breast...
- Persyn, a member of the synuclein family, has a distinct pattern of expression in the developing nervous systemV L Buchman
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of St Andrews, Bute Medical Buildings, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9AJ, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 18:9335-41. 1998..We have cloned a new member of the synuclein family called persyn. In contrast to other synucleins, which are presynaptic proteins of CNS neurons, persyn is a cytosolic protein ..
- The expression of alpha-, beta-, and gamma-synucleins in olfactory mucosa from patients with and without neurodegenerative diseasesJ E Duda
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Center for Neurodegenerative Disease Research, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Exp Neurol 160:515-22. 1999..Thus, our data on synuclein expression within the OE may signify that synuclein plays a role in the regeneration and plasticity of ORNs in the adult human OE...
- Chaperone-like activity of synucleinsJ M Souza
Stokes Research Institute, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 416D Abramson Center, 34th St and Civic Center Blvd, The University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
FEBS Lett 474:116-9. 2000..These results demonstrate that synucleins with the exception of the A30P mutant possess chaperone-like activity...
- Synucleins are a novel class of substrates for G protein-coupled receptor kinasesA N Pronin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26515-22. 2000..Here we report that synucleins are a novel class of GRK substrates. Synucleins (alpha, beta, gamma, and synoretin) are 14-kDa proteins that are highly expressed in brain but also found in numerous other tissues...
- Blockade of AP1 transactivation abrogates the abnormal expression of breast cancer-specific gene 1 in breast cancer cellsAiping Lu
Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31364-72. 2002Breast cancer-specific gene 1 (BCSG1) is not expressed in normal breast tissue but is highly expressed in the vast majority of invasive and metastatic breast carcinomas...
- Gamma-synuclein promotes cancer cell survival and inhibits stress- and chemotherapy drug-induced apoptosis by modulating MAPK pathwaysZhong Zong Pan
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 277:35050-60. 2002....
- Effect of gamma-synuclein overexpression on matrix metalloproteinases in retinoblastoma Y79 cellsIrina G Surgucheva
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Kansas University, 4004 Haworth Hall, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 410:167-76. 2003..This increment of promoter activity may be mediated by the AP-1 binding site(s), since point mutations in one of these sites (Pr18 or Pr19) and elimination of the distal AP-1 site (Pr14) reduced the increment of promoter activity...
- Expression of alpha-, beta-, and gamma-synuclein in glial tumors and medulloblastomasKar Ming Fung
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center OUHSC, Rm 451, 940 Stanton L Young Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Acta Neuropathol 106:167-75. 2003..Of medulloblastomas, 76% have immunoreactivity for either alpha- or beta-synuclein or both; no immunoreactivity for gamma-synuclein is seen in medulloblastomas...
- Stimulation of estrogen receptor signaling by gamma synucleinYangfu Jiang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, The Long Island Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Cancer Res 63:3899-903. 2003..However, gamma Synuclein (SNCG) is also highly associated with breast cancer and ovarian cancer progression...
- Breast cancer-specific gene 1 interacts with the mitotic checkpoint kinase BubR1Anu Gupta
Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Oncogene 22:7593-9. 2003The abnormal expression of breast cancer-specific gene 1 (BCSG1) in malignant mammary epithelial cells is highly associated with the development and progression of breast cancer...
- Demethylation of the synuclein gamma gene CpG island in primary gastric cancers and gastric cancer cell linesNaoki Yanagawa
Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:2447-51. 2004Whereas synuclein gamma (SNCG) gene expression is usually highly tissue-specific and restricted to the nervous system, SNCG is expressed in advanced-stage breast and ovarian cancers...
- Diagnostic potential in bladder cancer of a panel of tumor markers (calreticulin, gamma -synuclein, and catechol-o-methyltransferase) identified by proteomic analysisHideaki Iwaki
Department of Urology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Shiga 520 2192, Japan
Cancer Sci 95:955-61. 2004..Now, we have also identified gamma -synuclein (SNCG) and a soluble isoform of catechol-o-methyltransferase (s-COMT) as novel candidates for tumor markers in bladder ..
- Secondary structure and dynamics of micelle bound beta- and gamma-synucleinYoon Hui Sung
Department of Biochemistry and Program in Structural Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Protein Sci 15:1162-74. 2006....
- Expression of breast cancer specific gene-1 (BCSG-1/gamma-synuclein) is associated with tumour grade but not with clinical outcome of patients with breast cancerTracey A Martin
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF4 4XN, UK
Oncol Rep 16:207-12. 2006..307, P < 0.05), and weakly with transglutaminase-7 (r = 0.183). BCSG-1 is increased in breast tumour cells, is negatively associated with tumour grade and significantly correlates with levels of transglutaminase-3...
- Expression of neuronal protein synuclein gamma gene as a novel marker for breast cancer prognosisKejin Wu
Department of General Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 101:259-67. 2007..However, synuclein gamma (SNCG), previously identified as a breast cancer specific gene (BCSG1), is also highly expressed in breast carcinomas, but not expressed in normal or benign breast tissues...
- Involvement of RHO GTPases and ERK in synuclein-gamma enhanced cancer cell motilityZhong Zong Pan
Department of Animal Science, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Int J Oncol 29:1201-5. 2006..Collectively, our data indicate that synuclein-gamma might be involved in late stage breast and ovarian cancer metastasis by enhancing cell motility through activation of the RHO family small-GTPases and ERK...
- Neuronal protein synuclein gamma predicts poor clinical outcome in breast cancerJianping Guo
Department of Radiation Oncology, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital and Institute, Beijing, China
Int J Cancer 121:1296-305. 2007Synuclein gamma (SNCG), previously identified as a breast cancer-specific gene (BCSG1), is highly expressed in breast carcinomas but not in normal epithelium. SNCG regulates many pathways in growth and progression of breast cancer...
- Residual structure, backbone dynamics, and interactions within the synuclein familyYoon Hui Sung
Department of Biochemistry and Program in Structural Biology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Mol Biol 372:689-707. 2007..These results raise questions regarding the role of secondary structure propensities and transient long-range contacts in directing synuclein aggregation reactions...
- Gamma-synuclein is an adipocyte-neuron gene coordinately expressed with leptin and increased in human obesityPieter J Oort
USDA Agricultural Research Service Western Human Nutrition Research Center, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Nutr 138:841-8. 2008..0001; n = 44). Gamma-synuclein protein was observed in rodent and human WAT but not in negative control liver. These results are consistent with the hypothesis that gamma-synuclein plays an important role in adipocyte physiology...
- Gamma-synuclein: cell-type-specific promoter activity and binding to transcription factorsIrina Surgucheva
Retinal Biology Research Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, 4801 East Linwood Boulevard, Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
J Mol Neurosci 35:267-71. 2008..We also show that gamma-synuclein is able to bind directly to several transcription factors. These results are discussed in connection with the implication of gamma-synuclein in diseases...
- Relationship of SNCG, S100A4, S100A9 and LCN2 gene expression and DNA methylation in bladder cancerOlusola Y Dokun
Department of Urology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Int J Cancer 123:2798-807. 2008..Expression of SNCG, S100A9 and LCN2 was also enhanced...
- Synuclein-gamma is closely involved in perineural invasion and distant metastasis in mouse models and is a novel prognostic factor in pancreatic cancerTaizo Hibi
Department of Pathology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:2864-71. 2009..We previously reported a novel perineural invasion model and distinguished high- and low-perineural invasion groups in pancreatic cancer cell lines. This study aimed to elucidate the molecular mechanism of perineural invasion...
- Synuclein gamma predicts poor clinical outcome in colon cancer with normal levels of carcinoembryonic antigenCaiyun Liu
Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research Ministry of Education, Peking University School of Oncology, 52 Fucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100142, China
BMC Cancer 10:359. 2010Synuclein gamma (SNCG), initially identified as a breast cancer specific gene, is aberrantly expressed in many different malignant tumors but rarely expressed in matched nonneoplastic adjacent tissues...
- Functional alterations to the nigrostriatal system in mice lacking all three members of the synuclein familySabina Anwar
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3QX, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:7264-74. 2011....
- Differential staining of γ synuclein in poorly differentiated compared to highly differentiated colon cancer cellsAbraham Amsterdam
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Oncol Rep 27:1451-4. 2012..By immunocytochemistry using specific antibodies to γ synuclein (SNCG), we examined the distribution of this protein in poorly differentiated, compared to highly ..
- Expression of synuclein gamma indicates poor prognosis of triple-negative breast cancerKejin Wu
Department of Surgery, Xinhua Hospital Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Med Oncol 30:612. 2013Synuclein gamma (SNCG), previously identified as breast cancer-specific gene 1, is highly expressed in malignant cells but not in normal epithelium...
- Abnormal activation of the synuclein-gamma gene in hepatocellular carcinomas by epigenetic alterationWei Zhao
Second Hospital of Nanjing City, Nanjing, PR China
Int J Oncol 28:1081-8. 2006..In this study, by conducting immunohistochemistry, we show that the neuronal protein, synuclein-gamma (SNCG), is abnormally expressed in a high percentage of liver cancer (46/70, 65.7%)...
- [Influence of SNCG transfection on the effectiveness of anti-tumor drugs in PC-3 cell lines]Jia Liang Chen
Department of Life Science, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210046, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 14:1077-82. 2008To observe the sensitivity of the PC-3 cell lines transfected with the PCI-NEO-SNCG plasmid to Cisplatin (DDP), 5-Fluorouracil (5-FU), Adriamycin (ADM), Vincristine (VCR) and Paclitaxel (TAX), and to explore the influence of the SNCG ..
- Retinal ganglion cells downregulate gene expression and lose their axons within the optic nerve head in a mouse glaucoma modelIleana Soto
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 28:548-61. 2008..Taking advantage of the fact that gamma-synuclein (Sncg) mRNA is expressed specifically and highly in adult mouse RGCs, we show in the DBA/2J mouse model of glaucoma that ..
- Transcriptional suppression of synuclein gamma (SNCG) expression in human breast cancer cells by the growth inhibitory cytokine oncostatin MJ Liu
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, CA 94304, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 62:99-107. 2000Previously, we have shown that synuclein gamma (SNCG), a member of the brain protein synuclein family, is highly expressed in human infiltrating breast carcinomas but not expressed in normal or benign breast tissues...
- Applications of novel monoclonal antibodies specific for synuclein-gamma in evaluating its levels in sera and cancer tissues from colorectal cancer patientsCaiyun Liu
The Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education for Cancer Research and its Application, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital and Institute, Haidian District, Beijing 100036, China
Cancer Lett 269:148-58. 2008Overexpressions of synuclein-gamma (SNCG) in different cancers display stage-specific patterns...
- Synuclein gamma stimulates membrane-initiated estrogen signaling by chaperoning estrogen receptor (ER)-alpha36, a variant of ER-alphaYuenian Eric Shi
Department of Radiation Medicine, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, New Hyde Park, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 177:964-73. 2010Synuclein gamma (SNCG), previously identified as a breast cancer-specific gene, is highly expressed in malignant cancer cells but not in normal epithelium...
- The reciprocal regulation of gamma-synuclein and IGF-I receptor expression creates a circuit that modulates IGF-I signalingMinjing Li
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, Section of Signal Transduction and Molecular Targeted Therapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
J Biol Chem 285:30480-8. 2010..synuclein (SNCG) is primarily expressed in peripheral neurons but also overexpressed in various cancer cells...
- [Overexpression of synuclein-gamma confers resistance to antimicrotubule drugs against human hepatoma cells]Shi Xiang Cheng
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 45:724-9. 2010..In this study, by engineering human hepatoma cell HepG2 to overexpress synuclein-gamma (SNCG), we investigated if SNCG is a molecular factor associated with the sensitivity to antimicrotubule drug treatment...
- Whole genome expression analyses of single- and double-knock-out mice implicate partially overlapping functions of alpha- and gamma-synucleinMelanie Kuhn
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Tuebingen, Calwerstrasse 7, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Neurogenetics 8:71-81. 2007..Interestingly, neither alpha- (SNCA(-/-)), gamma- (SNCG(-/-)), nor alpha/gamma- (SNCA_G(-/-)) deficient mice are present with any obvious phenotype...
- Targeting synuclein-gamma to counteract drug resistance in cancerVinay K Singh
CIHR Post doctoral Fellow in Transdisciplinary Cancer Research, Queen s University, Department of Biochemistry, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
Expert Opin Ther Targets 12:59-68. 2008Expression of synuclein-gamma (SNCG) protein is elevated in the advanced stages of many types of cancers, including ovarian, lung, liver, esophagus, colon, prostate and, in particular, breast...
- Estradiol replacement alters expression of genes related to neurotransmission and immune surveillance in the frontal cortex of middle-aged, ovariectomized ratsMiklós Sárvári
Laboratory of Endocrine Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Endocrinology 151:3847-62. 2010..Tac1), immunity (C3, C4b, Cd74, Fcgr2b, Mpeg1, and RT1-Aw2), signal transduction (Igf2, Igfbp2, Igfbp6, Rgs9, and Sncg), transport (Abca1, Hba-a2, Slc13a3, and Slc22a8), extracellular matrix (Col1a2, Col3a1, Fmod, and Lum), and ..
- [Expression of BCSG1-siRNA in tumor transplants of human breast cancer cell line in nude mice]Pei Hong Shen
Department of Pathology, The Fifth Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 39:691-4. 2010To investigate the inhibitory effects of siRNA targeting BCSG1 gene expression in tumor transplants of human breast cancer cell line in nude mice.
- Search for novel proteins involved in the development of chemoresistance in colorectal cancer and fibrosarcoma cells in vitro using two-dimensional electrophoresis, mass spectrometry and microsequencingP Sinha
Institut für Laboratoriums medizin und Pathobiochemie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Electrophoresis 20:2961-9. 1999..spectrometry and microsequencing we found adenine phosphoribosyl transferase and breast cancer specific gene 1 (BCSG1) overexpressed in the resistant colorectal tumor cell line...
- [The effect of breast cancer specific gene 1 in the prognosis of breast cancer]Ke jin Wu
Department of General Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200092, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:294-7. 2005To detect breast cancer specific gene 1 (BCSG1) expression in different breast tissue, analysis its correlation with clinical parameters and evaluate the prognosis of breast cancer.
- Relationships between the sequence of alpha-synuclein and its membrane affinity, fibrillization propensity, and yeast toxicityMichael J Volles
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Mol Biol 366:1510-22. 2007..We hypothesize that yeast toxicity is caused by synuclein binding directly to membranes at levels sufficient to non-specifically disrupt homeostasis...
- [Identification of antigenic epitope regions recognized by anti-synuclein-gamma monoclonal antibodies]Wei Xie
Key laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital and Institute, Beijing 100142, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 41:361-7. 2009..To identify the antigenic epitope regions recognized by anti-synuclein-gamma monoclonal antibodies...
- [Construction, expression and immune response of eukaryotic plasmid secreting SNCG]Lin Meng
Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research Ministry of Education, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital and Institute, Beijing 100142, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 27:626-30. 2010Hsc70-SNCG fusion protein cDNA fragment containing signal peptide sequence of Igkappa, MMP9, and P37 was inserted into the vector pVAX1 to construct recombinant plasmid pVAX-Igkappa-Hsc70-SNCG, pVAX-MMP9-Hsc70-SNCG, and pVAX-P37-Hsc70-..
- Characterization of three synuclein genes in Xenopus laevisChengdong Wang
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, P R China
Dev Dyn 240:2028-33. 2011..However, sncg was only expressed in the peripheral nervous system including trigeminal nerve and dorsal root ganglion...
- Synuclein-γ (SNCG) protein expression is associated with poor outcome in endometrial adenocarcinomaPaulette Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
Gynecol Oncol 124:148-52. 2012Synuclein-γ (SNCG) is a marker for adverse and aggressive disease in breast cancer. In previous study, we found SNCG mRNA to be overexpressed in uterine serous carcinoma compared to uterine endometrioid adenocarcinoma...
- [SNCG expression and clinical significance in colorectal cancer liver metastasis]Chun Guang Guo
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 15:625-8. 2012To investigate the expression of SNCG in colorectal cancer with liver metastasis and its clinical significance.
- γ-Synuclein interacts with phospholipase Cβ2 to modulate G protein activationUrszula Golebiewska
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41067. 2012..We also find that Gβγ can reverse γ-synuclein inhibition without dissociating the γ-synuclein- PLCβ2- complex. These studies point to a role of γ-synuclein in promoting a more robust G protein activation of PLCβ2...
- Synaptic proteins and choline acetyltransferase loss in visual cortex in dementia with Lewy bodiesElizabeta B Mukaetova-Ladinska
Institute for Ageing and Health, Wolfson Research Centre, Campus for Ageing and Vitality, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 72:53-60. 2013..These findings draw attention to molecular changes within the primary visual cortex in DLB and correlate with the neuroimaging findings within the occipital lobe in patients with this disorder...
- A siRNA system based on HSP70 promoter results in controllable and powerful gene silencing by heat-inductionYi Liao
Key Laboratory of Biorheological Science and Technology, Ministry of Education, College of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing, 400044, China
Biotechnol Prog 29:1289-97. 2013..We determined the efficiency of the controllable siRNA system by targeting the gama-synuclein (SNCG) gene in breast cancer cells MCF-7...
- The clinical utility of circulating tumor cells in breast cancer patients: detection by a quantitative assay of h-MAM gene expressionMin Cheng
Anhui Provincial Key Laboratory of Tumor Immunotherapy and Nutrition Therapy, Hefei China
Int J Biol Markers 29:e268-78. 2014..Quantitative real-time RT-PCR was used to determine h-MAM, BCSG1, CK19, and c-erbB2 mRNA levels in peripheral blood (PB) of breast cancer patients...
- Synuclein γ protects Akt and mTOR and renders tumor resistance to Hsp90 disruptionW Liang
Department of Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Oncogene 34:2398-405. 2015..The present study demonstrated that synuclein γ (SNCG) protects the functions of Akt and mTOR in the condition when the function of Hsp90 is blocked...
- Synuclein gamma protects HER2 and renders resistance to Hsp90 disruptionYongfeng Shao
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery the First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Mol Oncol 8:1521-31. 2014..The present study demonstrated that synuclein gamma (SNCG) prevents the protein degradation and protects the function of HER2 in the condition when the function of Hsp90 is ..
- A peptide inhibitor of synuclein-γ reduces neovascularization of human endometriotic lesionsAndrew Kenneth Edwards
Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada, K7L 3N6
Mol Hum Reprod 20:1002-8. 2014..Neovascularization is essential to the developing endometriosis lesion to support its growth. Synuclein-γ (SNCG), a protein implicated in cellular proliferation, is associated with a broad range of malignancies as well as ..
- Hypoxia-inducible lncRNA-AK058003 promotes gastric cancer metastasis by targeting γ-synucleinYafang Wang
Department of Oncology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 1 Xinsi Road, Xi an 710038, China
Neoplasia 16:1094-106. 2014..Furthermore, AK058003 can mediate the metastasis of hypoxia-induced GC cells. Next, we identified γ-synuclein (SNCG), which is a metastasis-related gene regulated by AK058003...
- The Breast Cancer Susceptibility Gene Product (γ-Synuclein) Alters Cell Behavior through its [corrected] Interaction with Phospholipase CβV Siddartha Yerramilli
Dept of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, 11794 8661, United States
Cell Signal 28:91-9. 2016..The ability of γ-synuclein to interfere with Gαq-PLCβ interactions allows more PLCβ to colocalize with Rac impacting Rac-mediated pathways that may give rise to cancerous phenotypes. ..
- Multipronged approach to identify and validate a novel upstream regulator of Sncg in mouse retinal ganglion cellsSumana R Chintalapudi
Department of Ophthalmology, The Hamilton Eye Institute, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
FEBS J 283:678-93. 2016..Recently, γ-synuclein (SNCG) has been shown to be highly expressed in the somas and axons of RGCs...
- [Construction of lentiviral vector of siRNA specific for γ-synuclein and its inhibition effect on colorectal carcinoma cell line SW1116]Feng Huang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Fujian Provincial Tumor Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fujian Key Laboratory of Tumor Biological Treatment, Fuzhou 350014, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 19:446-52. 2016To construct a lentiviral vector carrying the γ-synuclein(SNCG) gene and establish a human colorectal carcinoma cell line SW1116 stably expressing this gene, and then investigate the inhibition of the growth and invasion capacity of ..
- Immune effect and safety evaluation of vaccine prepared by dendritic cells modified by rAAV-carrying BCSG1 geneW H Wang
Central Laboratory, Liaocheng People s Hospital, Liaocheng Clinical School of Taishan Medical University, Liaocheng, PRC
Gene Ther 23:839-845. 2016The immune effect and safety evaluation of rAAV (recombinant adeno-associated virus)-containing Bcsg1 (breast cancer-specific gene 1) (rAAV/Bcsg1)-transfected DC (dendritic cell) (rAAV/Bcsg1-DC) vaccine in immunotherapy for (BCSG1) (+) ..
- Synuclein-γ (SNCG) expression in ovarian cancer is associated with high-risk clinicopathologic diseaseAnna Strohl
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, USA
J Ovarian Res 9:75. 2016Synuclein gamma (SNCG) expression is associated with advanced disease and chemoresistance in multiple solid tumors...
- Synuclein-γ in uterine serous carcinoma impacts survival: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group studyAbigail D Winder
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
Cancer . 2016Synuclein-γ (SNCG) is highly expressed in advanced solid tumors, including uterine serous carcinoma (USC)...
- Metastasis regulation by PPARD expression in cancer cellsXiangsheng Zuo
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
JCI Insight 2:e91419. 2017..Genome Atlas colorectal adenocarcinoma database identified novel pro-metastatic genes (GJA1, VIM, SPARC, STC1, SNCG) as PPARD targets...
- Stage-specific expression of breast cancer-specific gene gamma-synucleinKejin Wu
Department of Surgery, XinHua Hospital affiliated with Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:920-5. 2003Gamma-synuclein (SNCG), also referred as breast cancer-specific gene 1, is the third member of a neuronal protein family synuclein...
- Inhibition of synuclein-gamma expression increases the sensitivity of breast cancer cells to paclitaxel treatmentYue Zhou
Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, CA 94304, USA
Int J Oncol 29:289-95. 2006..Our previous studies have demonstrated that the neuronal protein, synuclein-gamma (SNCG), plays oncogenic roles in breast carcinogenesis and is abnormally expressed at high levels in advanced and ..
- Elevated serum synuclein-gamma in patients with gastrointestinal and esophageal carcinomasCaiyun Liu
Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research Ministry of Education, Beijing, China
Hepatogastroenterology 59:2222-7. 2012..We aimed to evaluate whether elevated serum synuclein-gamma levels were of clinical significance as a serological marker in cancer diagnosis and monitoring...
- Contrasting effects of α-synuclein and γ-synuclein on the phenotype of cysteine string protein α (CSPα) null mutant mice suggest distinct function of these proteins in neuronal synapsesNatalia Ninkina
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3AX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:44471-7. 2012..Consequently, overexpression of γ-synuclein did not have any noticeable effect on the phenotype of CSPα null mutant mice. Our data suggest that the functions of α- and γ-synucleins in presynaptic terminals are not fully redundant...
- Neural protein gamma-synuclein interacting with androgen receptor promotes human prostate cancer progressionJunyi Chen
Department of Urology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 168 Changhai Road, Shanghai 200433, China
BMC Cancer 12:593. 2012Gamma-synuclein (SNCG) has previously been demonstrated to be significantly correlated with metastatic malignancies; however, in-depth investigation of SNCG in prostate cancer is still lacking...
- Persyn, a member of the synuclein family, influences neurofilament network integrityV L Buchman
Nat Neurosci 1:101-3. 1998
- Synuclein gamma inhibits the mitotic checkpoint function and promotes chromosomal instability of breast cancer cellsSatoru Inaba
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 94:25-35. 2005Aberrant expressions of the neuronal protein synuclein gamma (SNCG) in malignant mammary epithelial cells are strongly associated with the progression of breast cancer...
- [The correlation of synuclein-γ and matrix metalloproteinase 9 in breast cancer]Jian Chen
Department of General Surgery, Xin Hua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 51:641-4. 2013To evaluate the expression of synuclein-γ (SNCG) and metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) both in the invasive ductal breast cancer samples and T47D and T47D(SNCG)- cell lines, to investigate the correlation between SNCG and MMP-9.
- Loss of epigenetic control of synuclein-gamma gene as a molecular indicator of metastasis in a wide range of human cancersHaiyan Liu
Research Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Cancer Res 65:7635-43. 2005..In this study, we show that the neuronal protein synuclein-gamma (SNCG) is abnormally expressed in a high percentage (67...
- Meta-analysis of gene expression profiles associated with histological classification and survival in 829 ovarian cancer samplesTibor Fekete
Semmelweis University, 1st Department of Gynecology, Budapest
Int J Cancer 131:95-105. 2012..Relapse-free survival was predicted by MAPT and SNCG. In summary, we successfully validated several gene sets in a meta-analysis in large datasets of ovarian samples...
- Combined phenotype of 4 markers improves prognostic value of patients with colon cancerCaiyun Liu
Key laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research, Ministry of Education, Peking University Cancer Hospital and Institute, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Am J Med Sci 343:295-302. 2012..This study was to identify prognostic subgroups of colon adenocarcinoma by combined analysis of synuclein-gamma (SNCG), a human homologue of piwi (Hiwi), phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 (PRL-3), arrest-defective protein 1, ..
- Developmentally regulated expression of persyn, a member of the synuclein family, in skinN N Ninkina
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of St Andrews, Bute Medical Buildings, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9TS, United Kingdom
Exp Cell Res 246:308-11. 1999..We found that persyn, a recently characterized member of the synuclein family, is expressed not only in the nervous system but also in ..
- Absence of mutation in the beta- and gamma-synuclein genes in familial autosomal dominant Parkinson's diseaseC Lavedan
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
DNA Res 5:401-2. 1998
- Genomic structure and chromosomal localization of the mouse persyn geneM V Alimova-Kost
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center MTC, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, S 17177, Sweden
Genomics 56:224-7. 1999..Further studies including generation of animals with modified persyn expression are necessary to clarify the functions of these proteins and the mechanisms of their involvement in ..
- Synoretin--A new protein belonging to the synuclein familyA Surguchov
Moran Eye Center, University of Utah Health Science Center, 75 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 13:95-103. 1999..Here we describe a new member of the synuclein family, which we term synoretin, and show that it is expressed in different retinal cells, as well as in the brain, and it may affect the ..
- Mutations in the gene encoding human persyn are not associated with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or familial Parkinson's diseaseJ M Flowers
Clinical Neurosciences, Institute of Psychiatry and Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, Denmark Hill, London, UK
Neurosci Lett 274:21-4. 1999..strand conformation polymorphism analysis we screened for polymorphisms and mutations in the gene encoding human persyn, a recently discovered member of the synuclein family, in controls, patients with sporadic or familial amyotrophic ..
- Chicken synucleins: cloning and expression in the developing embryoA A Tiunova
P K Anokhin Institute of Normal Physiology, Baltyiskaya Street, Moscow, Russia
Mech Dev 99:195-8. 2000..Trans. R. Soc. Lond. Biol. Sci. 354 (1999) 1101; Brain Pathol. 9 (1999) 733). Aggregates of beta-synuclein and persyn (gamma-synuclein) also have been found in dystrophic neurites associated with Parkinson's and other ..
- Physiology and pathophysiology of alpha-synuclein. Cell culture and transgenic animal models based on a Parkinson's disease-associated proteinP J Kahle
Adolf Butenandt Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Ludwig Maximilians University, Schillerstrasse 44, 80336 Munich, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 920:33-41. 2000..Members of the family include alpha- and beta-SYN, and the more distantly related gamma-SYN and synoretin. SYN genes have been identified in Torpedo, canary, and several mammalian species, indicating an evolutionary ..
- Gamma synuclein: subcellular localization in neuronal and non-neuronal cells and effect on signal transductionA Surguchov
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 49:218-28. 2001..in several types of cancer and may affect the integrity of the neurofilament network, while its bovine ortholog, synoretin, activates the Elk-1 signal transduction pathway...
- The synucleinsJulia M George
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Genome Biol 3:REVIEWS3002. 2002..The current challenge is to understand the normal cellular function of these proteins and how they might contribute to the development of human disease...
- Biophysical properties of the synucleins and their propensities to fibrillate: inhibition of alpha-synuclein assembly by beta- and gamma-synucleinsVladimir N Uversky
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11970-8. 2002..The lack of fibrils formed by beta-synuclein is most readily explained by the absence of a stretch of hydrophobic residues from the middle region of the protein. A model for the inhibition is proposed...
- Platelet alpha- and gamma-synucleins in Parkinson's disease and normal control subjectsQiao Xin Li
Department of Pathology, The University of Melbourne, and The Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
J Alzheimers Dis 4:309-15. 2002..Platelets may be used for study of alphaSN and gammaSN metabolism, and may give some broad insight into the normal functions of alphaSN and gammaSN...
- Beta-synuclein inhibits formation of alpha-synuclein protofibrils: a possible therapeutic strategy against Parkinson's diseaseJune Young Park
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, 65 Landsdowne Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Biochemistry 42:3696-700. 2003..Significantly, beta-synuclein inhibits the generation of A53T alpha-synuclein protofibrils and fibrils. This finding provides a rationale for the phenotype of the double-transgenic mice and suggests a therapeutic strategy for PD...
- [Study on gamma-synuclein gene in patients with idiopathic Parkinson's disease]Jing jing Su
Department of Neurology, Changhai Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, 200433 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 20:444-6. 2003..To evaluate the relationship between idiopathic Parkinson's disease (PD) and two polymorphisms (C243G and A377T) of the gamma-synuclein gene in a Chinese Han population of Shanghai area...
- Deletion of multimerin-1 in alpha-synuclein-deficient miceChristian G Specht
Laboratory for Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Genomics 83:1176-8. 2004..Sequence comparisons revealed that the chromosomal organization of Sncg and Mmrn2 is highly reminiscent of the region containing Snca and Mmrn1, suggesting a duplication event of a ..
- beta-Synuclein reduces proteasomal inhibition by alpha-synuclein but not gamma-synucleinHeather Snyder
Department of Pharmacology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Biol Chem 280:7562-9. 2005..Based on these data, we hypothesize that the alpha- and gamma-synucleins regulate proteasomal function and that beta-synuclein acts as a negative regulator of alpha-synuclein...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) induces in vitro invasion and in vivo hormone independent growth of breast carcinoma cellsJoachim H Clement
Department of Internal Medicine II, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Int J Oncol 27:401-7. 2005..with the BMP-2 gene also showed enhanced migratory properties and high expression of the metastasis-related gene BCSG1. In a xenograft model without estrogen supplementation MCF-7/BMP-2 cells formed tumors...
- Identification of potential genes regulated by DNA methyltransferase 3B in a hepatocellular carcinoma cell line by RNA interference and microarray analysisJun Xu
State Education Ministry Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Jiangsu Provincial Key Laboratory of Gene Diagnosis and Therapy, Genetics Research Center, Southeast University Medical School, Nanjing 210009, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 32:1115-27. 2005..in the DNMT3B knockdown cell line,including some important developmental genes and tumor-related genes such as SNCG, NOTCH1, MBD3, WNT11, MAOA and FACL4...
- Regulatory mechanisms for abnormal expression of the human breast cancer specific gene 1 in breast cancer cellsAiping Lu
Department of Pathology, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing Cancer Hospital, Beijing 100036, China
Sci China C Life Sci 49:403-8. 2006Breast cancer-specific gene 1 (BCSG1), also referred as synuclein y, was originally isolated from a human breast cancer cDNA library and the protein is mainly localized to presynaptic terminals in the nervous system...
- Chaperoning of estrogen receptor and induction of mammary gland proliferation by neuronal protein synuclein gammaY E Liu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Oncogene 26:2115-25. 2007..However, synuclein gamma (SNCG), previously identified as a breast cancer specific gene (BCSG1), is also highly associated with breast cancer progression...
- Synuclein-gamma targeting peptide inhibitor that enhances sensitivity of breast cancer cells to antimicrotubule drugsVinay K Singh
Department of Biochemistry, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, and Molecular Structure and Function, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Cancer Res 67:626-33. 2007Synuclein-gamma (SNCG) plays oncogenic roles in breast carcinogenesis. Although the expression of SNCG is abnormally high in advanced and metastatic breast carcinomas, SNCG is not expressed in normal or benign breast tissues...
- Association studies of 23 positional/functional candidate genes on chromosome 10 in late-onset Alzheimer's diseaseA R Morgan
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:762-70. 2007..SLC18A3, DKK1, ZWINT, ANK3, UBE2D1, CDC2, SIRT1, JDP1, NET7, SUPV3L1, NEN3, SAR1, SGPL1, SEC24C, CAMK2G, PP3CB, SNCG, CH25H, PLCE1, ANXV111) in the MRC genetic resource for LOAD...
- [Quantification of methylation of SNCG CpG islands in human tissue samples by the combined COBRA-DHPLC assay]Jing Zhou
Peking University School of Oncology and Beijing Institute for Cancer Research, 100036 Beijing, China
Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi 41:20-4. 2007To setup a quantitative assay for detection of methylation of SNCG CpG island in human tissue samples.
- Progressive ganglion cell degeneration precedes neuronal loss in a mouse model of glaucomaBrian P Buckingham
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Neurosci 28:2735-44. 2008..Although these mice had similar numbers of NeuN-positive RGCs, the expression of neurofilament light, Brn-3b, and Sncg mRNA varied; this variation in RGC-specific gene expression was correlated with the appearance of NF-H ..
- Porcine gamma-synuclein: molecular cloning, expression analysis, chromosomal localization and functional expressionPernille Munk Frandsen
Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Aarhus, Blichers alle 20, Tjele, Denmark
Mol Biol Rep 36:971-9. 2009..This work reports the cloning and characterization of the porcine (Sus scrofa) gamma-synuclein cDNA (SNCG)...
- BCSG1 methylation status and BCSG1 expression in breast tissues derived from Chinese women with breast cancerYu Mei Gu
Key Laboratory of Human Functional Genomics of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Oncology 74:61-8. 2008To investigate the role of DNA methylation in the regulation of BCSG1 gene expression in breast tissues derived from Chinese women with breast cancer.
- Gamma-synuclein as a marker of retinal ganglion cellsIrina Surgucheva
Retinal Biology Research Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Kansas City, MO 64128, USA
Mol Vis 14:1540-8. 2008..Here we asked whether gamma-synuclein expression in the retina can be considered a specific marker of RGCs...
- The Role of SNCG in the Carcinogenesis of Uterine Papillary Serous CarcinomaBarbara M Buttin; Fiscal Year: 2010..revealed that the most highly expressed gene in SPEC2 over Ishikawa was the pro-metastatic oncogene synuclein-3 (SNCG)...
- Role of Persyn in NeurodegenerationIrina Surgucheva; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) The objective of this proposal is to study the functional role of persyn, a member of the synuclein family, under normal conditions and in glaucoma using animal and cellular models...
- THE MOLECULAR BASIS OF ALPHA-SYNUCLEIN AGGREGATIONANTHONY FINK; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Role of Dopamine and its Analogs in the inhibition*ANTHONY FINK; Fiscal Year: 2003..In the long-run this research could provide new strategies for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- MOLECULAR FUNCTION OF SYNUCLEINJULIA GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Manipulation of these interactions could have uses in the development of therapies for age-related diseases including Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. ..
- Molecular Basis of Light Chain AmyloidosisANTHONY FINK; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will screen both a combinatorial peptide library and peptide fragments from light chains as well as some low MW compounds for potential inhibitors of VL fibrillation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- N-3 fatty acid & binding protein MRG on mammary tumorYUENIAN SHI; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will help to identify MRG as mediator for differentiation for mammary gland and for interaction with n-3 PUPA on inhibition of mammary tumorigenesis. ..