Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SMARCAL1
Description: SWI/SNF related, matrix associated, actin dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily a like 1
Alias: HARP, HHARP, SWI/SNF-related matrix-associated actin-dependent regulator of chromatin subfamily A-like protein 1, ATP-driven annealing helicase, HepA-related protein, SMARCA-like protein 1, sucrose nonfermenting protein 2-like 1
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- A eukaryotic SWI2/SNF2 domain, an exquisite detector of double-stranded to single-stranded DNA transition elementsR Muthuswami
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 275:7648-55. 2000..Furthermore, this study provides a foundation for development of mechanisms to specifically target this class of DNA-dependent ATPases...
- Cloning and characterization of HARP/SMARCAL1: a prokaryotic HepA-related SNF2 helicase protein from human and mouseM A Coleman
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California 94551, USA
Genomics 65:274-82. 2000..to the Escherichia coli RNA polymerase-binding protein HepA and named the human hepA-related protein (HHARP/SMARCAL1)...
- Mutant chromatin remodeling protein SMARCAL1 causes Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasiaCornelius F Boerkoel
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Genet 30:215-20. 2002..Using genome-wide linkage mapping and a positional candidate approach, we determined that mutations in SMARCAL1 (SWI/SNF2-related, matrix-associated, actin-dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily a-like 1), are ..
- R561C missense mutation in the SMARCAL1 gene associated with mild Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasiaArend Bokenkamp
Department of Pediatrics, Vrije University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Nephrol 20:1724-8. 2005..glomerulosclerosis (FSGS), T-cell immunodeficiency and facial dysmorphism is caused by defects in the SMARCAL1 gene. The gene product is involved in the transcriptional regulation of other genes...
- Schimke immunoosseous dysplasia: suggestions of genetic diversityJ Marietta Clewing
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Hum Mutat 28:273-83. 2007..nonfermenting (swi/snf) related, matrix-associated, actin-dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily a-like 1 (SMARCAL1) are the only identified cause of SIOD...
- HARP is an ATP-driven annealing helicaseTimur Yusufzai
Section of Molecular Biology, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Science 322:748-50. 2008..Mutations in the HepA-related protein (HARP) ATPase are responsible for Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasia (SIOD), but the function of the protein is unknown...
- SMARCAL1 mutations: a cause of prepubertal idiopathic steroid-resistant nephrotic syndromeMiroslav Zivicnjak
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
Pediatr Res 65:564-8. 2009..In prepuberty the siblings had proportionate short stature but developed disproportion only during adolescence. Molecular genetic analysis revealed compound heterozygosity for a known and a new mutation in the SMARCAL1 gene.
- The annealing helicase SMARCAL1 maintains genome integrity at stalled replication forksCarol E Bansbach
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Genes Dev 23:2405-14. 2009Mutations in SMARCAL1 (HARP) cause Schimke immunoosseous dysplasia (SIOD). The mechanistic basis for this disease is unknown. Using functional genomic screens, we identified SMARCAL1 as a genome maintenance protein...
- The SIOD disorder protein SMARCAL1 is an RPA-interacting protein involved in replication fork restartAlberto Ciccia
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Division of Genetics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 23:2415-25. 2009..Here we report the identification of a new DNA damage response protein, SMARCAL1 (SWI/SNF-related, matrix associated, actin-dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily a-like 1), which is a ..
- The annealing helicase HARP is recruited to DNA repair sites via an interaction with RPATimur Yusufzai
Section of Molecular Biology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Genes Dev 23:2400-4. 2009HepA-related protein (HARP) (also known as SMARCAL1) is an ATP-driven annealing helicase that catalyzes the formation of dsDNA from complementary Replication protein A (RPA)-bound ssDNA...
- The annealing helicase HARP protects stalled replication forksJingsong Yuan
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genes Dev 23:2394-9. 2009Mutations in HepA-related protein (HARP) are the only identified causes of Schimke immunoosseous dysplasia (SIOD). HARP has a unique annealing helicase activity in vitro, but the in vivo functional significance remains unknown...
- Identification of SMARCAL1 as a component of the DNA damage responseLisa Postow
Laboratory of Chromosome and Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 284:35951-61. 2009b>SMARCAL1 (also known as HARP) is a SWI/SNF family protein with an ATPase activity stimulated by DNA containing both single-stranded and double-stranded regions...
- The HARP domain dictates the annealing helicase activity of HARP/SMARCAL1Gargi Ghosal
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Unit No 066, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
EMBO Rep 12:574-80. 2011Mutations in HepA-related protein (HARP, or SMARCAL1) cause Schimke immunoosseous dysplasia (SIOD)...
- SMARCAL1 catalyzes fork regression and Holliday junction migration to maintain genome stability during DNA replicationRemy Betous
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Genes Dev 26:151-62. 2012b>SMARCAL1 (SWI/SNF-related, matrix-associated, actin-dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily A-like1) maintains genome integrity during DNA replication. Here we investigated its mechanism of action...
- Pinniped phylogeny and a new hypothesis for their origin and dispersalUlfur Arnason
Department of Cell and Organism Biology, Division of Evolutionary Molecular Systematics, University of Lund, S 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Mol Phylogenet Evol 41:345-54. 2006..The phylogeny of the Phocinae suggests that the ancestors of Cystophora (hooded seal) and the Phocini (e.g. harp seal, ringed seal) adapted to Arctic conditions and ice-breeding before 12 MYA (million years ago) as supported by ..
- Spatial and temporal trends and effects of contaminants in the Canadian Arctic marine ecosystem: a reviewD Muir
National Water Research Institute, Environment Canada, Burlington, ON, Canada
Sci Total Environ 230:83-144. 1999..Studies on contaminants in walrus are limited to Foxe Basin and northern Québec stocks, while migratory harp seals have only been studied recently at one location...
- Primary myocardial dysfunction in autosomal dominant EDMD. A tissue doppler and cardiovascular magnetic resonance studyGillian C Smith
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, and NHLI, Imperial College, London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:723-30. 2006..Thus, early detection of cardiac abnormalities may be important for planning early therapeutic intervention...
- Retrospective differentiation of canine distemper virus and phocine distemper virus in phocidsJames B Stanton
Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Wildl Dis 40:53-9. 2004Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues from one Caspian seal (Phoca caspica), one harp seal (Phoca groenlandica), one hooded seal (Cystophora cristata), and one harbor seal (Phoca vitulina vitulina) were used to compare the utility of ..
- Levels of non-essential elements in muscle from harp seal (Phagophilus groenlandicus) and hooded seal (Cystophora cristata) caught in the Greenland Sea areaLinn Anne Brunborg
National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research NIFES, P O Box 2029 Nordnes, N 5817 Bergen, Norway
Sci Total Environ 366:784-98. 2006..mercury toxicity in marine mammals, were measured in muscle, liver and kidney from reproductive active females of harp seal (Phagophilus groenlandicus) and hooded seal (Cystophora cristata) caught in the drift ice between Iceland and ..
- Growth in pinnipedsI A McLaren
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Biol Rev Camb Philos Soc 68:1-79. 1993..Leopard seals, southern and northern elephant seals, bearded, hooded, ringed, Baikal, Caspian, spotted, harbour, harp, ribbon and grey seals. (6) Some novel findings pertain to individual species as follows...
- Arctic marine mammals and climate change: impacts and resilienceSue E Moore
NOAA Alaska Fisheries Science Center, c o Applied Physics Laboratory, University of Washington, 1013 NE 40th Street, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
Ecol Appl 18:s157-165. 2008..Nine other species (five cetacean [fin, humpback, minke, gray, and killer whales] and four pinniped [harp, hooded, ribbon, and spotted seals]) seasonally occupy Arctic and subarctic habitats and may be poised to encroach ..
- Experimental evidence of seawater drinking in juvenile hooded (Cystophora cristata) and harp seals (Phoca groenlandica)I Skalstad
Department of Arctic Biology, Institute of Medical Biology, , Breivika, Norway
J Comp Physiol B 170:395-401. 2000This study was undertaken to measure whether young harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) and hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) drink seawater and, if so, to investigate how the excess salt load is handled...
- Radiocaesium (137Cs) in marine mammals from Svalbard, the Barents Sea and the North Greenland SeaMagnus Andersen
Norwegian Polar Institute, N 9296, Tromsø, Norway
Sci Total Environ 363:87-94. 2006..Muscle samples were collected from 12 polar bears, 15 ringed seals, 10 hooded seals, 7 bearded seals, 14 harp seals, one walrus, one white whale and one blue whale in the period 2000-2003...
- Diastolic suction is impaired by bed rest: MRI tagging studies of diastolic untwistingTodd A Dorfman
Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, 7232 Greenville Ave, Suite 435, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:1037-44. 2008..maximal untwisting rates of the endocardium, midwall, and epicardium were calculated by Harmonic Phase Analysis (HARP) before and after -6 degrees head-down tilt bed rest for 18 days with (n = 14) and without exercise training (n = ..
- Epizootiology of morbillivirus infection in harp, hooded, and ringed seals from the Canadian Arctic and western AtlanticP J Duignan
Department of Pathology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
J Wildl Dis 33:7-19. 1997Using a virus neutralization technique, we found phocine distemper virus (PDV) antibody in 130 (83% of 157) harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) from the western North Atlantic sampled between 1988 and 1993 inclusive...
- Cone visual pigments of aquatic mammalsLucy A Newman
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, 21250, USA
Vis Neurosci 22:873-9. 2005..One of the pinnipeds studied (harp seal) has an SWS pseudogene, while another species (harbor seal) appeared to have an intact SWS gene...
- Brucella sp. antibodies in polar bears from Svalbard and the Barents SeaM Tryland
Department of Arctic Veterinary Medicine, The Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Tromsø
J Wildl Dis 37:523-31. 2001..Anti-Brucella sp. antibodies were previously found in ringed seals (Phoca hispida) and harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) from the same geographical areas...
- Synthesis and characterization of 2,3-dibromopropyl-2,4,6-tribromophenyl ether (DPTE) and structurally related compounds evidenced in seal blubber and brainRoland von der Recke
Institute of Food Chemistry, University of Hohenheim, Garbenstrasse 28, D 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 41:1590-5. 2007..m/z79 and 81), DPTE was the dominating organobromine compound in blubber and brain samples of hooded seals and harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) from the Barents and Greenland Seas...
- Comparison of Helicobacter spp. genetic sequences in wild and captive seals, and gullsAndrew P A Oxley
National Marine Science Centre, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales 2450, Australia
Dis Aquat Organ 65:99-105. 2005..1 to 100% identity to other Helicobacter spp. from harp seals and sea otters...
- Gas bubbles in seals, dolphins, and porpoises entangled and drowned at depth in gillnetsM J Moore
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 025433, USA
Vet Pathol 46:536-47. 2009Gas bubbles were found in 15 of 23 gillnet-drowned bycaught harp (Pagophilus groenlandicus), harbor (Phoca vitulina) and gray (Halichoerus grypus) seals, common (Delphinus delphis) and white-sided (Lagenorhyncus acutus) dolphins, and ..
- Bronchoalveolar lavage and pulmonary histopathology in harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) experimentally infected with Otostrongylus circumlitusCaroline Piché
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, 3200 Sicotte St, St Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 2M2, Canada
J Wildl Dis 46:409-21. 2010The objective of this study was to characterize pathologic changes associated with experimental infection of harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) with the lungworm Otostrongylus circumlitus (Metastrongyloidea: Crenosomatidae)...
- Discriminating features of echolocation clicks of melon-headed whales (Peponocephala electra), bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus), and Gray's spinner dolphins (Stenella longirostris longirostris)Simone Baumann-Pickering
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0205, USA
J Acoust Soc Am 128:2212-24. 2010..Additionally, an autonomous, bottom moored High-frequency Acoustic Recording Package (HARP) collected acoustic data with a sampling rate of 200 kHz...
- Brominated flame retardants and organochlorine contaminants in winter flounder, harp and hooded seals, and North Atlantic right whales from the Northwest Atlantic OceanEric W Montie
Department of Biology EWM, MJM, and MEH, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution WHOI, Woods Hole, MA 02543, United States
Mar Pollut Bull 60:1160-9. 2010..as well as organochlorine (OC) pesticides and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), were measured in winter flounder, harp and hooded seals, and North Atlantic right whales from the Eastern United States and Canada...
- First United Kingdom Heart and Renal Protection (UK-HARP-I) study: biochemical efficacy and safety of simvastatin and safety of low-dose aspirin in chronic kidney diseaseColin Baigent
Clinical Trial Service Unit, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Am J Kidney Dis 45:473-84. 2005..Patients with chronic kidney disease are at increased risk for cardiovascular disease, but the efficacy and safety of simvastatin and aspirin are unknown in this patient group...
- Morbilliviral dermatitis in sealsT P Lipscomb
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Vet Pathol 38:724-6. 2001A juvenile female hooded seal (Cystophora cristata) and a juvenile male harp seal (Phoca groenlandica) stranded separately on the New Jersey (USA) coast and were taken to a marine mammal rehabilitation center...
- PBDEs in serum and blubber of harbor, grey and harp seal pups from Eastern CanadaHeloise Frouin
Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut Armand Frappier, Laval, Quebec, Canada H7V 1B7
Chemosphere 82:663-9. 2011Serum and blubber of pup harbor (Phoca vitulina), grey (Halichoerus grypus) and harp (Phoca groenlandica) seals from the Estuary and the Gulf of St. Lawrence were analyzed for polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs)...
- Melatonin potentiates the vasoconstrictive effect of noradrenaline in renal artery from newborn hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) and harp seals (Phoca groenlandica)J J Aarseth
Department of Arctic Biology and Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Norway
J Comp Physiol B 171:491-6. 2001..in ring segments of the inferior branch of the renal artery from newborn hooded seals (Cystophora cristata, n=6), harp seals (Phoca groenlandica, n=3) and domestic pigs (Sus scrofa f. domestica, n=5)...
- An integrated care facilitation model improves quality of life and reduces use of hospital resources by patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and chronic heart failureStephen Bird
Health Innovations Research Institute and School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, PO Box 71, Bundoora, VIC 3083, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 16:326-33. 2010As part of the Department of Human Services Hospital Admissions Risk Program (HARP), a group of acute and community based health care providers located in the western suburbs of Melbourne formed a consortium to reduce the demand on ..
- Melatonin is rhythmic in newborn seals exposed to continuous lightJ J Aarseth
Department of Arctic Biology and Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Norway
J Comp Physiol B 173:37-42. 2003..Plasma levels of melatonin in captive newborn harp (Phoca groenlandica) and hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) were generally extremely high, with peak concentrations ..
- Microsatellite diversity and fitness in stranded juvenile harp seals (Phoca groenlandica)Maria Kretzmann
Southampton College of Long Island University, 239 Montauk Highway, Southampton, NY 11968, USA
J Hered 97:555-60. 2006..We assessed variation at 9-12 microsatellite loci in 65 juvenile harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) that stranded in poor condition around Long Island, NY, from 2001 to 2004...
- Identification of candidate angiogenic inhibitors processed by matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) in cell-based proteomic screens: disruption of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)/heparin affin regulatory peptide (pleiotrophin) and VEGF/Connective Richard A Dean
University of British Columbia, Centre for Blood Research, 4 401 Life Sciences Institute, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
Mol Cell Biol 27:8454-65. 2007..protein cleavage by MMP-2 was biochemically confirmed, and the cleavage sites in heparin affin regulatory peptide (HARP; pleiotrophin) and connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) were sequenced by matrix-assisted laser desorption ..
- Septicemia, endocarditis, and cerebral infarction due to Staphylococcus aureus in a harp seal (Phoca groenlandica)Sathya K Chinnadurai
Department of Clinical Sciences, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 40:393-7. 2009An adult, wild-collected, male harp seal (Phoca groenlandica) was transferred from a rehabilitation center to a display facility because of unilateral phthisis bulbi and decreased use of the right forelimb, which precluded its release...
- Experimental replacement of pig trachea with novel bioprosthesis from harp sealE Andreas Agathos
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Athens Medical Center, University of Athens, Greece
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 18:557-62. 2010..We evaluated the in-vivo performance of a new tracheal bioprosthesis derived from Harp seal (Phoca groelandica) trachea that was fixed and preserved in 0...
- Marine mammals' influence on ecosystem processes affecting fisheries in the Barents Sea is trivialPeter J Corkeron
Bioacoustics Research Program, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, 159 Sapsucker Woods Road, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
Biol Lett 5:204-6. 2009..Adding harp seals Phoca groenlandica into this top-down modelling approach resulted in unrealistic model outputs...
- Temporal trends in antibody production in captive grey, harp and hooded seals to a single administration immunocontraceptive vaccineR G Brown
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, N S, Canada
J Reprod Immunol 35:53-64. 1997..be immunocontraceptive in free-ranging female grey seals (Halichoerus grypus), was studied in captive grey seals, harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) and hooded seals (Cystophora cristata)...
- Regulation of osteoblast-specific factor-1 (OSF-1) mRNA expression by dual promoters as revealed by RT-PCRM Sato
Molecular Medicine Research Center, The Institute of Medical Sciences, Tokai University, Kanagawa, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 238:831-7. 1997OSF-1 (osteoblast-specific factor-1), which is also referred to as p18, HBBM, HB-GAM, HBGF-8, HARP, HBNF, and pleiotrophin, is a 121-amino acid polypeptide that can induce neurite outgrowth in vitro and is highly expressed in several ..
- Dietary menhaden, seal, and corn oils differentially affect lipid and ex vivo eicosanoid and thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances generation in the guinea pigM G Murphy
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Lipids 34:115-24. 1999..Young male guinea pigs were fed nonpurified diet (NP), or NP supplemented (10%, w/w) with menhaden fish oil (MO), harp seal oil (SLO), or corn oil (CO, control diet) for 23 to 28 d...
- Giardiasis in pinnipeds from eastern CanadaL N Measures
Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Mont Joli, QC
J Wildl Dis 35:779-82. 1999..Infected pinnipeds included 15 adult harp seals (Phoca groenlandica), four adult grey seals (Halichoerus grypus), and one juvenile harbor seal (Phoca ..
- Transfer of polychlorinated biphenyls and chlorinated pesticides from mother to pup in relation to cytochrome P450 enzyme activities in harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) from the gulf of St. Lawrence, CanadaHans Wolkers
Akvaplan niva, Tromsø, Norway
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:94-101. 2002..transfer of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and chlorinated pesticides from female to pup was studied in harp seals from eastern Canada...
- Isolation of two cytochrome P450 cDNAs, CYP1A1 and CYP1A2, from harp seal (Phoca groenlandica) and grey seal (Halichoerus grypus)Rachel E Tilley
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, UK
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 132:181-91. 2002Two cytochrome P450 (CYP), CYP1A1 and CYP1A2, cDNA sequences have been isolated and cloned from harp seal (Phoca groenlandica) and grey seal (Halichoerus grypus)...
- PCBs and OCPs in male harbour, grey, harp and hooded seals from the Estuary and Gulf of St Lawrence, CanadaKaren E Hobbs
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Mont Joli, QC, Canada
Sci Total Environ 296:1-18. 2002..from adult male harbour seals (Phoca vitulina) from the St Lawrence Estuary, and from grey (Halichoerus grypus), harp (Phoca groenlandica) and hooded (Cystophora cristata) seals from the Gulf of St Lawrence, were analysed for ..
- Health status of harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) and hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) on Sable Island, Nova Scotia, Canada, concurrent with their expanding rangeZoe Lucas
Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4P3, Canada
J Wildl Dis 39:16-28. 2003Beach surveys for harp (Phoca groenlaandica) and hooded (Cystophora cristata) seals documented a dramatic increase in their numbers on Sable Island in mid 1990s...
- Chronicity, relapse, and illness--course of panic disorder, social phobia, and generalized anxiety disorder: findings in men and women from 8 years of follow-upKimberly A Yonkers
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Depress Anxiety 17:173-9. 2003..Data were analyzed from the Harvard/Brown Anxiety Research Program (HARP), a naturalistic, longitudinal study that repeatedly assessed patients at 6 to 12 month intervals over the course ..
- Isolation and characterization of novel Helicobacter spp. from the gastric mucosa of harp seals Phoca groenlandicaClaudia G Harper
Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building 16, Room 825C, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 57:1-9. 2003..associated gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. The gastric mucosa of 4 stranded harp seals Phoca groenlandica from the Massachusetts coastline were assessed for Helicobacter spp. by culture and PCR...
- Outcome predictors of pneumonia in elderly patients: importance of functional assessmentOlga H Torres
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, Hopsital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1603-9. 2004..To evaluate the outcome of elderly patients with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) seen at an acute-care hospital, analyzing the importance of CAP severity, functional status, comorbidity, and frailty...
- Long-term memory for music: infants remember tempo and timbreLaurel J Trainor
Department of Psychology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Dev Sci 7:289-96. 2004..However, if the tempo (25% faster or slower) or instrument timbre (harp vs...
- Juvenile immune status affects the expression of a sexually selected trait in field cricketsA Jacot
University of Bern, Zoological Institute, Division of Evolutionary Ecology, Hinterkappelen, Switzerland
J Evol Biol 18:1060-8. 2005..crickets Gryllus campestris, whose attractiveness to females depends on characteristics of the sound-producing harp that are essentially fixed following adult eclosion...
- Fast tracking of cardiac motion using 3D-HARPLi Pan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 601 N Caroline St JHOC 4240, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:1425-35. 2005..The new method, called 3-D-HARmonic Phase (3D-HARP), extends the HARP approach, previously described for two-dimensional (2-D) tag analysis, to 3-D...
- Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasia: a cell autonomous disorder?Leah I Elizondo
Interdepartmental Program in Cell and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:340-8. 2006b>SMARCAL1 (SWI/SNF-related, matrix-associated, actin-dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily a-like protein 1) encodes a SWI/SNF ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling protein...
- Hematology and serum chemistry of harp (Phoca groenlandica) and hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) during the breeding season, in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, CanadaFrance Boily
Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Maurice Lamontagne Institute, PO Box 1000, Mont Joli, Quebec G5H 3Z4, Canada
J Wildl Dis 42:115-32. 2006Standard hematologic and serum chemistry parameters were determined from 28 harp seals (Phoca groenlandica) and 20 hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) sampled from 6 March 2001 to 13 March 2001 during the breeding season...
- Experimental study of AO and T1 modes of the concert harpJ L Le Carrou
Laboratoire d Acoustique de l Universite du Maine, UMR CNRS 6613, Universite du Maine, Avenue Olivier Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 09, France
J Acoust Soc Am 121:559-67. 2007..In the case of the harp, the soundbox and especially the sound holes are primarily designed to allow access to the strings for their ..
- Location serves as a conditional cue when harp seals (Pagophilus groenlandicus) solve object discrimination reversal problemsStephanie J Walsh
Department of Psychology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s
Can J Exp Psychol 61:44-53. 2007We examined the capacity of harp seals (Pagophilus groenlandicus) to use spatial context (i.e., their tank) as a conditional cue to solve a two-choice visual discrimination reversal task. Seals were trained to touch one of two 3D objects...
- The evolution of Arctic marine mammalsC R Harington
Canadian Museum of Nature Paleobiology, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6P4, Canada
Ecol Appl 18:S23-40. 2008..marine mammals: polar bear (Ursus maritimus), walrus (Odobenus rosmarus), bearded seal (Erignathus barbatus), harp seal (Pagophilus groenlandica), ringed seal (Phoca hispida), bowhead whale (Balaena mysticetus), white whale (..
- Phagocytosis in pup and adult harbour, grey and harp sealsHeloise Frouin
Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique Institut Armand Frappier, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 134:160-8. 2010..The present study examined the phagocytic activity and efficiency of harbour, grey and harp seal leukocytes...
- Phylogeographic genomics of mitochondrial DNA: Highly-resolved patterns of intraspecific evolution and a multi-species, microarray-based DNA sequencing strategy for biodiversity studiesSteven M Carr
Genetics, Evolution, and Molecular Systematics Laboratory, Department of Biology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s NL, Canada A1B 3X9
Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics 3:1-11. 2008..We describe new biogeographic and historical insights from our studies of the genomes of codfish, wolffish, and harp seal populations in the Northwest Atlantic, and from the descendants of the founding human population of ..
- E3 ligase RFWD3 participates in replication checkpoint controlZihua Gong
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 286:22308-13. 2011..Taken together, our results suggest that RFWD3 and RPA2 functionally interact and participate in replication checkpoint control...
- Rituximab resistant evans syndrome and autoimmunity in Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasiaJakub Zieg
Department of Pediatrics, Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 9:27. 2011..SIOD, which is caused by mutations of SMARCAL1, is a rare autosomal recessive disease with its prominent features being skeletal dysplasia, T cell deficiency, ..
- Social commitment robots and dementiaKerstin Roger
Department of Family Social Sciences, University of Manitoba, Canada
Can J Aging 31:87-94. 2012..This paper describes a study in which Paro (a robotic baby harp seal) was used as part of a summer training program for students...
- Polyubiquitinated PCNA recruits the ZRANB3 translocase to maintain genomic integrity after replication stressAlberto Ciccia
Department of Genetics, Harvard University Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 47:396-409. 2012..Here we report that the ZRANB3 translocase, a SNF2 family member related to the SIOD disorder SMARCAL1 protein, is recruited by polyubiquitinated PCNA to promote fork restart following replication arrest...
- SMARCAL1 deficiency predisposes to non-Hodgkin lymphoma and hypersensitivity to genotoxic agents in vivoAlireza Baradaran-Heravi
Child and Family Research Institute, Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 158:2204-13. 2012..It is caused by mutations of SMARCAL1 (SWI/SNF-related, matrix-associated, actin-dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily a-like 1), which encodes a ..
- A model of harp pluckingDelphine Chadefaux
LAM d Alembert, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR CNRS 7190, Paris, France
J Acoust Soc Am 133:2444-55. 2013In this paper, a model of the harp plucking is developed. It is split into two successive time phases, the sticking and the slipping phases, and uses a mechanical description of the human finger's behavior...
- Novel SMARCAL1 bi-allelic mutations associated with a chromosomal breakage phenotype in a severe SIOD patientAmos J Simon
Cancer Research Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, 52621, Israel
J Clin Immunol 34:76-83. 2014..We studied a patient with profound T-lymphocyte defect, neurodevelopmental delay, facial dysmorphism, nephrotic syndrome and spondyloepiphyseal bone dysplasia typical of SIOD...
- Randomized trial of harp therapy during in vitro fertilization-embryo transferErin M Murphy
Abington Reproductive Medicine, Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA, USA
J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med 19:93-8. 2014This study evaluated whether harp therapy reduces levels of stress and improves clinical outcomes in patients undergoing embryo transfer.
- Optimization of tagged MRI for quantification of liver stiffness using computer simulated dataSerena Monti
IRCCS SDN Foundation, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e111852. 2014..and simulated tagged MR images with different grid tag patterns to evaluate the performance of the Harmonic Phase (HARP) image analysis method and its dependence on the parameters of tag spacing and grid angle...
- High-affinity DNA-binding domains of replication protein A (RPA) direct SMARCAL1-dependent replication fork remodelingKamakoti P Bhat
From the Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
J Biol Chem 290:4110-7. 2015b>SMARCAL1 catalyzes replication fork remodeling to maintain genome stability. It is recruited to replication forks via an interaction with replication protein A (RPA), the major ssDNA-binding protein in eukaryotic cells...
- Phosphatidylcholine composition of pulmonary surfactant from terrestrial and marine diving mammalsDanielle B Gutierrez
Department of Life Sciences, Texas A and M University Corpus Christi, 6300 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412, USA Electronic address
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 211:29-36. 2015..We found an increase in anti-adhesive PC species in harp seal (Pagophilus groenlandicus) and California sea lion (Zalophus californianus) compared to dog (Canus lupus ..
- Ligand-induced conformation changes drive ATP hydrolysis and function in SMARCAL1Meghna Gupta
School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
FEBS J 282:3841-59. 2015Mutations and deletions in SMARCAL1, an SWI2/SNF2 protein, cause Schimke immuno-osseous dysplasia (SIOD)...
- 3D harmonic phase tracking with anatomical regularizationYitian Zhou
Philips Research Medisys, Suresnes, France CREATIS, Universite Lyon 1, CNRS UMR 5220, INSERM U1044, INSA Lyon, France Electronic address
Med Image Anal 26:70-81. 2015This paper presents a novel algorithm that extends HARP to handle 3D tagged MRI images. HARP results were regularized by an original regularization framework defined in an anatomical space of coordinates...
- Myocardial motion estimation of tagged cardiac magnetic resonance images using tag motion constraints and multi-level b-splines interpolationHong Liu
School of Computer Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China Key Laboratory of Education Ministry for Image Processing and Intelligence Control, Wuhan, Hubei, China Electronic address
Magn Reson Imaging 34:579-95. 2016..Currently, the harmonic phase analysis method (HARP) and the local sine-wave modeling method (SinMod) have been proven as two state-of-the-art motion estimation ..
- Mental health consumers' with medical co-morbidity experience of the transition through tertiary medical services to primary careKate Cranwell
Community Services, Western Health, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 25:127-35. 2016..tertiary medical and primary care services; and (iv) Mental Health Hospital Admission Reduction Programme (MH HARP) clinicians facilitating transition...
- Accurate harmonic phase tracking of tagged MRI using locally-uniform myocardium displacement constraintSafaa M Eldeeb
Center for Informatics Science, Nile University, Cairo 12588, Egypt Electronic address
Med Eng Phys 38:1305-1313. 2016Harmonic phase (HARP) tracking is one of the most commonly used techniques for estimating the myocardium regional function from tagged cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging sequences...
- DNA evidence of bowhead whale exploitation by Greenlandic Paleo-Inuit 4,000 years agoFrederik Valeur Seersholm
Centre for GeoGenetics, Natural History Museum of Denmark, University of Copenhagen, 1350 Copenhagen, Denmark
Nat Commun 7:13389. 2016..Our results confirm that the species found in the fossil record, like harp seal and ringed seal, were a vital part of Inuit subsistence, but also add a new dimension with evidence that ..
- Functional morphology of tegmina-based stridulation in the relict species Cyphoderris monstrosa (Orthoptera: Ensifera: Prophalangopsidae)Benedict D Chivers
Bioacoustics and Sensory Biology Lab, Joseph Banks Laboratories, University of Lincoln, Green Lane, Lincoln, UK, LN6 7DL
J Exp Biol . 2017..The wing cells widely involved in sound production, such as the harp and mirror, are comparatively small, poorly delimited and/or partially filled with cross-veins...
- Real-time imaging of two-dimensional cardiac strain using a harmonic phase magnetic resonance imaging (HARP-MRI) pulse sequenceSmita Sampath
Image Analysis and Communications Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Magn Reson Med 50:154-63. 2003The harmonic phase (HARP) method provides automatic and rapid analysis of tagged magnetic resonance (MR) images for quantification and visualization of myocardial strain...
- Compound heterozygous PANK2 mutations confirm HARP and Hallervorden-Spatz syndromes are allelicH Houlden
Department of Neurology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Neurology 61:1423-6. 2003..a patient with hypoprebetalipoproteinemia, acanthocytosis, retinitis pigmentosa, and pallidal degeneration (HARP) who has two compound heterozygote mutations of the PANK2 gene...
- Identification of heparin affin regulatory peptide domains with potential role on angiogenesisApostolos Polykratis
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, Patras, GR 26504, Greece
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:1954-66. 2004Heparin affin regulatory peptide (HARP) is a growth factor displaying high affinity for heparin...
- Results of a naturalistic longitudinal study of benzodiazepine and SSRI use in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder and social phobiaRussell G Vasile
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Depress Anxiety 22:59-67. 2005..anxiety disorder and 232 with social phobia enrolled in the Harvard/Brown Anxiety Disorders Research Project (HARP), a prospective, longitudinal study of anxiety disorders...
- Effect of heparin affin regulatory peptide on the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors in endothelial cellsG Kokolakis
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, Greece
In Vivo 20:629-35. 2006Heparin affin regulatory peptide (HARP) is an 18-kDa secreted protein that has been implicated in tumor growth and angiogenesis, although the mechanisms involved remain largely unknown...
- Global change effects on the long-term feeding ecology and contaminant exposures of East Greenland polar bearsMelissa A McKinney
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Glob Chang Biol 19:2360-72. 2013..5 ± 2.1%), migratory subarctic harp (30.6 ± 1.5%) and hooded (16.7 ± 1...
- Factors affecting harp seal (Pagophilus groenlandicus) strandings in the Northwest AtlanticBrianne K Soulen
Duke University Marine Laboratory, Division of Marine Science and Conservation, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Beaufort, North Carolina, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e68779. 2013..Many high latitude species dependent on sea ice are being forced to adapt to changing habitats. Harp seals (Pagophilus groenlandicus) are an indicator species for changing high-latitude ecosystems...
- Two-year course of generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and panic disorder in a longitudinal sample of African American adultsNicholas J Sibrava
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
J Consult Clin Psychol 81:1052-62. 2013..The aims of this article are to present clinical and demographic characteristics at intake and prospective 2-year course findings in a sample of African American adults...
- Preparation and characterisation of gelatine from the skin of harp seal (Phoca groendlandica)Jan A Arnesen
Norwegian Institute of Fisheries and Aquaculture NIFA, Tromsø, Norway
Bioresour Technol 82:191-4. 2002This paper describes a method for extraction of gelatine from the skin of harp seal at mild acid conditions and gives a chemical and physical comparison of this gelatine with other mammalian and cod-skin gelatines...
- Targeting SMARCAL1 as a novel strategy for cancer therapyLu Zhang
Drug Discovery Lab, School of Pharmacy, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 427:232-5. 2012b>SMARCAL1 is a SNF2 chromatin-remodeling protein with ATP-dependent annealing helicase activity. Recent studies have shown that SMARCAL1 is involved in DNA damage repair and cell cycle progression...
- Dominant negative effectors of heparin affin regulatory peptide (HARP) angiogenic and transforming activitiesIsabelle Bernard-Pierrot
Laboratoire de Recherche sur la Croissance Cellulaire, la Réparation et la Régénération Tissulaires CRRET, CNRS UPRES A 7053, Universite Paris XII, avenue du General de Gaulle, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:32071-7. 2002Heparin affin regulatory peptide (HARP) is an heparin-binding growth factor, highly expressed in several primary human tumors and considered as a rate-limiting angiogenic factor in tumor growth, invasion, and metastasis...
- The effect of past condition on a multicomponent sexual signalHannes Scheuber
Zoological Institute, University of Bern, Wohlenstrasse 50a, CH 3032 Hinterkappelen, Switzerland
Proc Biol Sci 270:1779-84. 2003..Nymphal feeding conditions specifically affected the allometric relationship between body size and harp size, as food-restricted males developed comparatively small harps, leading to a calling song of higher carrier ..
- Harmonic phase MR tagging for direct quantification of Lagrangian strain in rat hearts after myocardial infarctionWei Liu
Cardiovascular MR Laboratories, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Magn Reson Med 52:1282-90. 2004The utility of harmonic phase (HARP) analysis was recently demonstrated in humans and large animals as a technique for rapid and automatic analysis of tagged magnetic resonance images...
- Toward reliable metrics for Sacred Harp singing spacesBenjamin J Copenhaver
Mech Eng Dept and Appl Res Labs, The Univ of Texas at Austin, P O Box 8029, Austin, TX
J Acoust Soc Am 134:3969. 2013Sacred Harp singing, a common type of shape-note singing, is a centuries-old tradition of American community choral music...
- Comparison of toxaphene congeners levels in five seal species from eastern Canada: what is the importance of biological factors?Bruno Gouteux
Institut des Sciences de la Mer, Universite du Quebec a Rimouski, Rimouski, Quebec, Canada G5L 3A1
Environ Sci Technol 39:1448-54. 2005..chlorobornanes (CHBs) were measured in blubber samples of harbor (Phoca vitulina), gray (Halichoerus grypus), harp (Phoca groenlandica), and hooded seals (Cystophora cristata) sampled in different part of the St...
- Experimentally based description of harp pluckingDelphine Chadefaux
LAM IJLRA, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR CNRS 7190, Paris, France
J Acoust Soc Am 131:844-55. 2012This paper describes an experimental study of string plucking for the classical harp. Its goal is to characterize the playing parameters that play the most important roles in expressivity, and in the way harp players recognize each other, ..
- Simulation of `Suikinkutsu' sound considering sound radiation from water surfaceYuki Fujita
Univ of Tsukuba
J Acoust Soc Am 131:3471. 2012..Dropping water into `Suikinkutsu' works as sound source, and attracting harp-like sound inside the jar, `Suikin-on', is generated...
- Unwinding and rewinding: double faces of helicase?Yuliang Wu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Saskatchewan, Health Sciences Building, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7N 5E5
J Nucleic Acids 2012:140601. 2012..Moreover, two recently identified helicases-HARP and AH2 have only ATP-dependent rewinding activity...
- Harvard/Brown Anxiety Program (HARP)Risa B Weisberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this application we propose two timely and needed studies within the Harvard/Brown Anxiety Research Program (HARP) to address these fundamental gaps in our understanding of the course of anxiety disorders in these understudied ..
- James T Kadonaga; Fiscal Year: 2015..The human HARP protein (also known as SMARCAL1 and ATP-dependent ATPase A) was recently found to be an ATP-driven annealing helicase - that is, a novel enzyme ..
- Christine M Eischen; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed studies will examine the genome maintenance activities of SMARCAL1, a recently discovered DDR protein...
- Development of Chemical Probes Against the 70N and 32C Domains of RPAMICHAEL DENNIS FELDKAMP; Fiscal Year: 2013..ATRIP) and SWI/SNF-related Matrix-associated Actin-dependent Regulator of Chromatin subfamily A-Like protein 1 (Smarcal1)...
- Benjamin G Druss; Fiscal Year: 2015..Two pilot tests of this intervention, the Health and Recovery Peer (HARP) program, demonstrated that the program can be implemented with high engagement, retention, and program fidelity, ..
- Articulated Robot for Epicardial InterventionsMarco A Zenati; Fiscal Year: 2010..surgery (MICS), we propose to develop and test an innovative approach based on a highly articulated robotic probe (HARP)...
- Flat-panel X-ray Imaging Detector with Avalanche GainWei Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..CsI) scintillator to convert x-rays to optical photons;an avalanche amorphous selenium (a-Se) photoconductor, HARP (High-gain Avalanche Rushing amorphous Photoconductor), to convert the optical image to charge and provide a ..
- Sensitive expression profiling in fixed archived tissueMarianna Goldrick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hybridization Amplification RNase Protection (HARP) uses chimeric DNA/RNA probes, containing RNA complementary to the target adjacent to DNA containing PCR primer ..
- Harp Music: Effects on HRV, Cortisol and ActivityKathi Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2006..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effects of harp music on convalescing premature infants physiologically through heart rate variability (HRV) and salivary cortisol (..
- A Mouse Model for Schimke Immuno-osseous DysplasiaCornelius Boerkoel; Fiscal Year: 2006..SIOD is caused by loss-of-function mutations in SMARCAL1 (swi/snf related, matrix associated, actin dependent regulator of chromatin, subfamily a-like 1), which encodes a ..
- Characterization of SMARCAL1:its expression/interactorsCornelius Boerkoel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Subsequently by a candidate gene approach, I have identified recessive mutations in the SMARCAL1 gene in 26 unrelated SIOD patients...
- HARMONIC PHASE MRI FOR ULTRAFAST CARDIAC STRAIN IMAGINGJerry Prince; Fiscal Year: 2007..The harmonic phase (HARP) MR imaging approach has been shown to be a flexible, accurate, and robust approach that exploits the concept of MR ..
- Medical Student Scholars Program at UNC NIDDK CentersRobert Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Program Director, Joyce Harp, MD, is a member of both centers, a faculty member in the Department of Nutrition in the Schools of Medicine and ..
- Strain-Encoded MR For Direct Imaging of Cardiac FunctionNael Osman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our long-term goal will be to compare the clinical sensitivity and specificity of SENC for determining viability against other existing modalities, such as SPECT, PET, or dobutamine stress echo. ..
- Intracranial Strain in Mild Traumatic Head InjuryPhilip Bayly; Fiscal Year: 2004..This is an inter-disciplinary project involving impact mechanics, MR tagging, histopathology, and brain injury. ..
- COLLABORATIVE DEPRESSION STUDYMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- HDL Increased Plaque Stablization in the ElderlyJoao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of the proposed trial will be directly applicable to developing strategies for plaque stabilization in the elderly who suffer the most from the severe complications of advanced cardiovascular ]therosclerosis. ..
- Aveolar Macrophage Apoptosis and PneumocystisChao Hung Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Psychosocial Res. to Improve Drug Treatment in PregnancyKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Perinatal Depression on PTD and LBWKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2008..Further, if we determine antidepressants increase the risk of adverse perinatal outcomes, treatment with psychotherapy rather than antidepressants should be considered when recommending therapeutic options. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REVAMP Follow-Up StudyMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- COLLABORATIVE LONGITUDINAL STUDY OF PERSONALITY DISORDERM Shea; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Identifying Genes Required for Prion AccumulationJames Stanton; Fiscal Year: 2007..The sponsor collaborates closely in research and has successfully mentored graduate students to research independence. ..
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..This site is based in Pittsburgh, which also serves as the Data Coordinating Center for the study [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treating PMS/PMDD--Research versus Clinical RealityKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- DETECTION AND TREATMENT OF POSTPARTUM DEPRESSIONKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DEPRESSIVE DISORDERS IN PRIMARY CARE AND WORK SETTINGSBenjamin Druss; Fiscal Year: 2003..This project will compare the impact of depression and three chronic medical illnesses on health costs, absenteeism and job performance ratings both cross-sectionally and over time. ..
- ANXIETY, DISINHIBITION, AND RISK FOR DRUG ABUSEKimberly Yonkers; Fiscal Year: 2003..phenotypic indices of vulnerability using combinations of clinical and psychophysiological measures. ..
- Adapting a Medical Self-Management Program for a Community Mental Health CenterBenjamin Druss; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, it will provide a sustainable, scalable model for improving medical self-management in a highly vulnerable population. ..
- Regional Dysfunction by MRI in Incident Heart FailureJoao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will be pivotal to the design of future strategies to forestall progressive myocardial dysfunction and prevent the development of heart failure. ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY OF PNEUMOCYSTIS PNEUMONIAChao Hung Lee; Fiscal Year: 2004..carinii-infected lung will also be tested. Any P. carinii or host protein that is found to have the ability to down regulate GATA-2 expression will be identified by sequencing a portion of the protein. ..