Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLPI
Description: secretory leukocyte peptidase inhibitor
Alias: ALK1, ALP, BLPI, HUSI, HUSI-I, MPI, WAP4, WFDC4, antileukoproteinase, HUSI-1, WAP four-disulfide core domain protein 4, mucus proteinase inhibitor, protease inhibitor WAP4, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (antileukoproteinase), seminal proteinase inhibitor
Publications301 found, 100 shown here
- Intracellular secretory leukoprotease inhibitor modulates inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate generation and exerts an anti-inflammatory effect on neutrophils of individuals with cystic fibrosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseEmer P Reeves
Respiratory Research Division, Department of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Biomed Res Int 2013:560141. 2013Secretory leukoprotease inhibitor (SLPI) is an anti-inflammatory protein present in respiratory secretions. Whilst epithelial cell SLPI is extensively studied, neutrophil associated SLPI is poorly characterised...
- Salivary secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor and oral candidiasis in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected personsAmit Chattopadhyay
School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Infect Immun 72:1956-63. 2004..Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), a 12-kDa antiprotease, suppresses the growth of C. albicans in vitro...
- The phospholipid scramblases 1 and 4 are cellular receptors for the secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor and interact with CD4 at the plasma membraneBénédicte Py
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS, UMR 8104, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e5006. 2009Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) is secreted by epithelial cells in all the mucosal fluids such as saliva, cervical mucus, as well in the seminal liquid...
- Location of the protease-inhibitory region of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitorS P Eisenberg
Synergen Inc, Boulder, Colorado 80301
J Biol Chem 265:7976-81. 1990Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) is a two-domain protein that inhibits a wide range of proteases including chymotrypsin, leukocyte elastase, and trypsin...
- Isolation, properties, and complete amino acid sequence of human secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor, a potent inhibitor of leukocyte elastaseR C Thompson
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 83:6692-6. 1986..The affinity of the inhibitor for leukocyte elastase is very high, suggesting a functional role for the protein in preventing elastase-mediated damage to oral and possibly other mucosal tissues...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) in mucosal fluids inhibits HIV-IS M Wahl
Laboratory of Immunology, NIDR, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oral Dis 3:S64-9. 1997..these observations, we recently identified an endogenous 12 kD protein, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), in saliva which blocks HIV-1 infection in vitro...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor in vaginal fluids and perinatal human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transmissionK Pillay
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Private Bag 7, Congella, 4013, Republic of South Africa
J Infect Dis 183:653-6. 2001..In 60 HIV-1-infected women, concentrations of the innate mucosal protein, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), were lower in vaginal fluid samples from 17 women whose babies became infected than in samples from ..
- Salivary secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor is associated with reduced transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 through breast milkCarey Farquhar
Departments of Medicine, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1173-6. 2002Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), a protein found in saliva, breast milk, and genital secretions, is capable of inhibiting human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1 in vitro...
- Comparison of human immunodeficiency virus type 1-specific inhibitory activities in saliva and other human mucosal fluidsShamim H Kazmi
Oral AIDS Research Unit, Department of Oral Medicine and Immunology, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, King s College, and St Thomas Hospitals, Floor 28, Guy s Tower, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 13:1111-8. 2006..whole saliva with antibodies raised against human lactoferrin (hLf), secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), and, to a lesser extent, MG2 (high-molecular-weight mucinous glycoprotein) reduced the HIV-1 inhibitory activity ..
- The secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) and the secondary granule protein lactoferrin are synthesized in myelocytes, colocalize in subcellular fractions of neutrophils, and are coreleased by activated neutrophilsLars C Jacobsen
The Granulocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Leukoc Biol 83:1155-64. 2008The secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) re-establishes homeostasis at sites of infection by virtue of its ability to exert antimicrobial activity, to suppress LPS-induced cellular immune responses, and to reduce tissue damage ..
- 17Beta-estradiol inhibits IL-8 in cystic fibrosis by up-regulating secretory leucoprotease inhibitorSanjay H Chotirmall
Respiratory Research Division, Department of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:62-72. 2010..An unexplained gender gap is observed in cystic fibrosis (CF). Females have poorer lung function, decreased survival, and earlier Pseudomonas colonization...
- Enhanced secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patientsA A Baqui
Department of Oral Medicine, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 6:808-11. 1999Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) has been found to possess activity against the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) in vitro at physiological concentrations...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor inhibits infection of monocytes and lymphocytes with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 but does not interfere with transcytosis of cell-associated virus across tight epithelial barriersH Hocini
Unité INSERM U430, Paris, France
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:515-8. 2000..These observations indicate that the inhibitory effect of SLPI is restricted to free HIV-1 in corporal fluids.
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor: inhibition of human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection of monocytic THP-1 cells by a newly cloned proteinNancy R Shine
Department of Microbiology, School of Dentistry, University of the Pacific, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Bioorg Chem 30:249-63. 2002The ability of the salivary protein, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), to inhibit human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) infection in vitro has been reported previously and has led to the suggestion that SLPI may be partially ..
- Secretory leucoprotease inhibitor impairs Toll-like receptor 2- and 4-mediated responses in monocytic cellsCatherine M Greene
Respiratory Research Division, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Infect Immun 72:3684-7. 2004Secretory leucoprotease inhibitor (SLPI) is an anti-inflammatory antiprotease which can inhibit lipopolysaccharide-induced NF-kappaB activation...
- Antileukoproteinase: modulation of neutrophil function and therapeutic effects on anti-type II collagen antibody-induced arthritisBettina Sehnert
Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 50:2347-59. 2004b>Antileukoproteinase (ALP) is a physiologic inhibitor of granulocytic serine proteases...
- Progesterone receptor transactivation of the secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor gene in Ishikawa endometrial epithelial cells involves recruitment of Krüppel-like factor 9/basic transcription element binding protein-1Michael C Velarde
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children s Nutrition Center, Little Rock, 72202, USA
Endocrinology 147:1969-78. 2006..cells using Ishikawa human endocarcinoma cells and the P-responsive secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) gene...
- Purification and characterization of elastase-specific inhibitor. Sequence homology with mucus proteinase inhibitorJ M Sallenave
Department of Biochemistry, Edinburgh University Medical School
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 372:13-21. 1991..inhibitor (ESI) was purified from sputum of patients with chronic bronchitis and compared with mucus proteinase inhibitor (MPI, BrI) isolated, without the use of affinity chromatography on an enzyme, from non-purulent sputum ..
- Identification of a novel secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor-binding protein involved in membrane phospholipid movementC C Tseng
Divisions of Basic Sciences and of Restorative and Prosthodontic Sciences, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY 10010, USA
FEBS Lett 475:232-6. 2000Previous studies have suggested that human salivary secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) inhibits HIV-1 by binding to a host cell surface protein of unknown identity...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 stimulates the expression and production of secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) in oral epithelial cells: a role for SLPI in innate mucosal immunityN K Jana
School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7455, USA
J Virol 79:6432-40. 2005..We further hypothesized that secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), a 12-kDa mucosal antiviral protein, is a component of the host immune response to this virus...
- MMPI correlates of sleep and respiratory disturbance in obstructive sleep apneaJ E Aikens
University of Chicago, USA
Sleep 22:362-9. 1999..INTERVENTIONS: Not applicable. MEASUREMENTS AND RESULTS: Patients completed the MPI prior to overnight diagnostic polysomnography...
- [Therapy of lung diseases with antiproteases]C Vogelmeier
Pneumologische Abteilung Klimikum Grosshadern,
Pneumologie 48:57-62. 1994..AAT) is the most important protease inhibitor of the human lung followed by the Secretory Leukoprotease Inhibitor (SLPI)...
- Dose-dependent renal tubular toxicity of harman and norharman in male F344 ratsA Hagiwara
First Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 20:197-204. 1992..levels were increased, and the brush border enzymes (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, GGT, and alkaline phosphatase, ALP) decreased...
- Serum transferrin as a marker of bone growth in boys: correlation with serum alkaline phosphatase activity, plasma insulin-like growth factor 1 and rate of growth in heightM Misaki
Student Health Center, Mie University, Tsu, Japan
Horm Metab Res 23:230-2. 1991..The aim of this work was to study possible relationships between serum TF, alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP), plasma insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) levels and rate of height increase in boys...
- Effect of aminohydroxypropylidene diphosphonate on the bone metabolism of patients with parathyroid adenomaE Ishimura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka City University Medical School, Japan
Horm Metab Res 25:493-7. 1993..Serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osteocalcin, markers of osteoblast activity, decreased after APD administration...
- Pharmacological activity of the C-terminal and N-terminal domains of secretory leukoprotease inhibitor in vitroK Masuda
Institute for Biomedical Research, Teijin Limited, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 115:883-8. 1995..1. In order to characterize the physiological functions of the domain structure of secretory leukoprotease inhibitor (SLPI), the biological capacities of half-length SLPIs, (Ser1-Pro54)SLPI and (Asn55-Ala107)SLPI, were investigated and ..
- Raised plasma concentrations of parathyroid hormone related peptide in hypercalcemic multiple myelomaT Horiuchi
Section of Endocrinology, Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Hospital, Japan
Horm Metab Res 29:469-71. 1997..We also measured serum levels of inorganic phosphorus (iP) and alkalinephosphatase activity (ALP). No significant differences in iP (3.2 +/- 0.4 vs. 4.0 +/- 2.2 mg/dl), ALP (150 +/- 28 vs...
- Association between parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related peptide receptor gene polymorphism and the extent of bone mass reduction in primary hyperparathyroidismM Kanzawa
Department of Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 32:355-8. 2000..before and one year after parathyroidectomy, as well as serum levels of calcium, phosphorus, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and intact PTH were measured...
- The lower genital tract microbiota in relation to cytokine-, SLPI- and endotoxin levels: application of checkerboard DNA-DNA hybridization (CDH)Natalia Nikolaitchouk
Department of Clinical Bacteriology, Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
APMIS 116:263-77. 2008..with proinflammatory cytokines (IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-6, IL-8), secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), and endotoxin in the cervicovaginal samples...
- The usefulness of biochemical bone markers in predicting the response of hormone replacement therapy in perimenopausal cigarette smoking healthy womenM Cubrilo-Turek
Clinics for Internal Medicine, General Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:195-201. 1999..in hormone replacement users (N = 35) and non-users (N = 28): serum total calcium (Ca), total alkaline phosphatase (ALP), procollagen I C-terminal propeptide (PICP), cros-linked carboxyterminal collagen I telopeptide (ICTP) and ..
- Reduced expression of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 in bone marrow cells in mice after skeletal unloadingMiyuki Sakuma-Zenke
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Iseigaoka, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:1002-10. 2005..Anti-PECAM-1 antibody suppressed both ALP+ CFU-f formation and ALP production under co-culture of the osteoblastic cell line and the PECAM-1+ endothelial ..
- [A case of AIDS complicated with liver tuberculosis]I Kawashima
Department of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Municipal Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:984-8. 2000..historicica, serum levels of gamma-GTP and ALP remained high and hepatosplenomegaly gradually increased. A liver biopsy was performed...
- Intense peripheral electrical stimulation differentially inhibits tail vs. limb withdrawal reflexes in the ratV V Romita
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Brain Res 720:45-53. 1996..of the forelimb increased the latency of the withdrawal reflex to 70-100% of the maximum possible inhibition (MPI) during the stimulation. Inhibition persisted for more than 1 h after the end of stimulation...
- Alkaline phosphatase of cancerous larynx tissue in comparison with the placental enzyme. Biochemical and histochemical studiesZ A al-Mudamgha
Saddam College of Medicine, University of Baghdad, Iraq
Acta Oncol 36:213-8. 1997..A histochemical study of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) was carried out using the simultaneous azo coupling method, and biochemical studies were performed using disodium ..
- Clinical significance of serum total and heat-stable alkaline phosphatase in leukemia patientsP S Patel
Division of Research, Gujarat Cancer Society, New Civil Hospital Compound, Ahmedabad, India
Tumori 79:352-6. 1993AIMS AND BACKGROUND: Variations in serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and placental-like (heat stable) alkaline phosphatase (PLAP) are found to be clinically useful in cancer patients...
- Comparison of two newly identified tumor markers (CAR-3 and DU-PAN-2) with CA 19-9 in patients with pancreatic cancerC Ferrara
Istituto di Medicina Interna,
Tumori 77:56-60. 1991..Correlations were found between the behavior of all three markers and that of the cholestasis indices (ALP and GGT)...
- Automated and semiautomated analysis of rat alkaline phosphatase isoenzymesW E Hoffmann
University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Urbana 61801, USA
Toxicol Pathol 22:633-8. 1994A semiautomated quantitative assay for rat serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) isoenzyme determination was developed, incorporating selective precipitation of bone alkaline phosphatase (BALP) with wheat germ lectin and differential ..
- Inhibition by recombinant SLPI and half-SLPI (Asn55-Ala107) of elastase and cathepsin G activities: consequence for neutrophil-platelet cooperationP Renesto
, , Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 108:1100-6. 19931. The capacity of recombinant human secretory leukocyte proteinase inhibitor (SLPI) to inhibit human leukocyte elastase (HLE) and cathepsin G (Cat G) was investigated and compared with a recombinant truncated form (carboxyl-terminal ..
- Biochemical parameters as prognostic factors in prostatic adenocarcinomaS Vesalainen
Department of Surgery, University of Kuopio, Finland
Acta Oncol 34:53-9. 1995The serum levels of creatinine (CR), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), acid phosphatase (ACP) and tartrate inhibitable acid phosphatase (TIAP) were related to Gleason score, TM-category, disease progression and survival in 325 prostatic ..
- Sclerostin and the regulation of bone formation: Effects in hip osteoarthritis and femoral neck fractureJon Power
Bone Research Division, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Bone Miner Res 25:1867-76. 2010..5 mm in diameter) with at least one canal staining for alkaline phosphatase (ALP), a marker of bone formation...
- Hyperglycemia in acute aluminum phosphide poisoning as a potential prognostic factorO Mehrpour
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Hum Exp Toxicol 27:591-5. 2008Aluminum phosphide (AlP) is a solid fumigant widely used in Iran as a grain preservative...
- Effects of retinoic acid on N-glycosylation and mRNA stability of the liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase in neuronal cellsW H Mueller
Zentrum Biochemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Cell Physiol 182:50-61. 2000Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is a glycoenzyme that is highly expressed during carcinogenesis and is induced by retinoic acid (RA) in various cells...
- Role of alkaline phosphatase from Manduca sexta in the mechanism of action of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ab toxinIvan Arenas
Departamento de Microbiologia Molecular, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62250, Mexico
J Biol Chem 285:12497-503. 2010..Two Manduca sexta glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins, aminopeptidase (APN) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP), have been shown to bind Cry1Ab, although their role in toxicity remains to be determined...
- [Studies on allelic zymogram of periodic Brugia malayi from Zhejiang Province]S Deng
Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Zhejiang Academy of Medical Sciences, Hangzhou 310013
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 17:305-7. 1999..malayi, most of them were homozygotes, however, two of them(MPI,MDH) were heterozygotes(7.4%)...
- Mapping quantitative trait loci that influence blood levels of alkaline phosphatase in MRL/MpJ and SJL/J miceA K Srivastava
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, JLP VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA, 92357, USA
Bone 35:1086-94. 2004To examine the hypothesis that serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels have a heritable component, we analyzed blood from two inbred strains of mice, MRL/MpJ and SJL, which exhibit 90% difference in total serum ALP activity (268+/-26 vs...
- Risk factors affecting metaphyseal irregularities in the radius and ulna of growing Newfoundland dogsC Trangerud
Department of Companion Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, PO Box 8146 Dep, N 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Anim Sci 85:2437-44. 2007..effects of litters, BW, circumferences of the distal radius and ulna (CDRU), and total serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) concentrations. The study included 118 Newfoundland dogs (60 females, 58 males), derived from 32 litters...
- Monoclonal antibodies against tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase. Report of the ISOBM TD9 workshopP Magnusson
Bone and Mineral Metabolic Unit, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Tumour Biol 23:228-48. 2002..The evaluation included the following antigen forms: (a) commercially available preparations of human bone ALP (BALP) and liver ALP (LALP); (b) human BALP isoforms, B/I, B1 and B2; and (c) soluble secreted epitope-tagged ..
- Caveolin-1 interacts and cooperates with the transforming growth factor-beta type I receptor ALK1 in endothelial caveolaeJuan F Santibanez
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, Madrid, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 77:791-9. 2008..The aim of this work was to assess the location of ALK1 in endothelial caveolae as well as to study the role of caveolin-1 on the TGF-beta/ALK1 signalling pathway.
- Genotype-by-sex and environment-by-sex interactions influence variation in serum levels of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase in adult baboons (Papio hamadryas)L M Havill
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78245 0549, USA
Bone 35:198-203. 2004..we conducted a statistical genetic analysis of serum concentrations of bone-specific alkaline phosphatase (Bone ALP), a highly specific marker of osteoblast function that is elevated in persons with conditions like osteoporosis ..
- Risk factors for abnormal liver function tests in patients with ileal pouch-anal anastomosis for underlying inflammatory bowel diseaseUdayakumar Navaneethan
The Pouchitis Clinic, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2467-75. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prevalence and to identify risk factors for abnormal LFTs in patients with IPAA and underlying IBD...
- Alkaline phosphatase isoenzymes in mouse plasma detected by polyacrylamide-gel disk electrophoresisKazuhisa Hatayama
Toxicology Department, Gotemba Laboratory, Bozo Research Center Inc, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 36:211-9. 2011Plasma alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity is frequently measured in toxicity studies...
- Increased tissue perfusion promotes capillary dysplasia in the ALK1-deficient mouse brain following VEGF stimulationQi Hao
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, 1001 Potrero Ave, Rm 3C 38, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H2250-6. 2008Loss-of-function activin receptor-like kinase 1 gene mutation (ALK1+/-) is associated with brain arteriovenous malformations (AVM) in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 2. Other determinants of the lesional phenotype are unknown...
- Alterations of blood analyses at relapse of osteosarcoma and Ewing's sarcomaE Hannisdal
Department of Oncology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Acta Oncol 29:585-7. 1990..and thrombocyte counts, gamma glutamyltransferase (GT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP). Sixteen relapsing patients diagnosed from 1970 to 1987 were eligible in each sarcoma group...
- Activity and practice of nuclear cardiology in the Czech Republic, 2001Milan Kaminek
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, Olomouc, I P Pavlova 6, 775 20 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:321-4. 2003Radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) has been on the rise in Europe and the USA...
- Concurrent Helicobacter bilis infection in C57BL/6 mice attenuates proinflammatory H. pylori-induced gastric pathologyLaura B Lemke
Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Bldg 16 825, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Infect Immun 77:2147-58. 2009..bilis infected followed in 2 weeks by H. pylori and then evaluated at 6 and 11 months postinfection (mpi) for gastritis and premalignant lesions. Compared to H. pylori-infected mice, H. bilis/H...
- The effect of different buffers and amounts of intestinal alkaline phosphatase isoforms on total alkaline phosphatase activityMakoto Matsushita
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Saitama Prefectural University Junior College, 820 Sannomiya, Koshigaya 343 8540, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 319:49-55. 2002..DEA and 2-ethylaminoethanol, EAE) have been widely used for the measurement of serum total alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP) in clinical laboratories, and the individual isozyme are activated differently by respective buffers.
- Molecular characterization of a PDZ-LIM protein in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): a fish ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM-protein (ALP)Øivind Andersen
Institute of Aquaculture Research, P O Box 5010, N 1432 Aas, Norway
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 25:61-8. 2004..A full-length cDNA encoding the ortholog of the alpha-actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP) was isolated from white skeletal muscle of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar)...
- [Interventional effect of platelet lysate on osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs in rats]Huiping Song
Shanxi Provincial Tissue Bank, Taiyuan Shanxi, 030006, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:737-41. 2008..To explore the interventional effect of platelet lysate (PL) on osteogenic differentiation of BMSCs by induction in rats in vitro...
- Negative predictive value and potential cost savings of acute nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging in low risk patients with suspected acute coronary syndrome: a prospective single blinded studyJakob L Forberg
Divisions of Emergency Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
BMC Emerg Med 9:12. 2009Previous studies from the USA have shown that acute nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) in low risk emergency department (ED) patients with suspected acute coronary syndrome (ACS) can be of clinical value...
- Early predisposition to osteomalacia in Indian adults on phenytoin or valproate monotherapy and effective prophylaxis by simultaneous supplementation with calcium and 25-hydroxy vitamin D at recommended daily allowance dosage: a prospective studyGeetha Krishnamoorthy
Department of Biochemistry, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital, Sion, Mumbai 400 022, India
Neurol India 58:213-9. 2010Long-term therapy with antiepileptic drugs (AED) may be associated with increased total serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels and reduced serum calcium, inorganic phosphorous, and vitamin D levels...
- A cluster analysis of the multidimensional pain inventoryL Walter
University of New Hampshire
Headache 31:476-9. 1991..recruited from a headache clinic's biofeedback facility, were administered the Multidimensional Pain Inventory (MPI) for measuring the cognitive, behavioral, and affective dimensions of pain...
- Isoenzyme studies on Toxoplasma gondii isolates using isoelectric focusingG Barnert
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:476-81. 1988..of the following 14 enzymes in the cell lysates was investigated: IDH, MDH, ME, 6PG, G6P, LDH, IPO, HEX, PGM, EST, ALP, ACP, LAP, and PGI...
- Expression of the germ cell alkaline phosphatase gene in human choriocarcinoma cellsS Watanabe
Human Genetics Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 264:12611-9. 1989Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) in human choriocarcinoma cells (malignant trophoblasts) was characterized by its greater sensitivity to EDTA and L-leucine inhibition as compared with the placental isozyme...
- New parameters in identification of right ventricular myocardial infarction and proximal right coronary artery lesionKurtulus Ozdemir
Cardiology Department, Selcuk University Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Chest 124:219-26. 2003..to find out the usefulness both of peak myocardial systolic velocity (Sm) and of the myocardial performance index (MPI) of the right ventricle measured by pulsed-wave tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) in assessing right ventricular function...
- Comparative inhibition of human alkaline phosphatase and diamine oxidase by bromo-levamisole, cimetidine and various derivativesT Metaye
Department of Biochemistry, U E R of Medecine Pharmacy, Poitiers, France
Biochem Pharmacol 37:4263-8. 1988..are examined in vitro in order to investigate their comparative inhibition, towards alkaline phosphatase (ALP) from human liver and diamine-oxidase (DAO) from human placenta...
- Importance of the index of myocardial performance in evaluation of left ventricular functionSinan Dagdelen
Kosuyolu Heart and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Echocardiography 19:273-8. 2002The index of myocardial performance (MPI) has been used as an easily obtainable parameter that reflects both systolic and diastolic functions of the myocardium and correlates closely with invasive measurements...
- Clinical phenotypes, ALK1 gene mutation and level of related plasma proteins in Chinese hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaGuang Sen Zhang
Division of Hematology, Institute of Molecular Hematology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 117:808-12. 2004We determined the diagnosis of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasis (HHT) in a suspected HHT family, identified ALK1 gene mutation and established a gene diagnosis method of HHT...
- The effect of high-protein diets on coronary blood flowR M Fleming
The Fleming Heart and Health Institute and the Camelot Foundation, Omaha, Nebraska 68114, USA
Angiology 51:817-26. 2000..Twenty-six people were studied for 1 year by using myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI), echocardiography (ECHO), and serial blood work to evaluate the extent of changes in regional coronary blood flow, ..
- Molecular screening of ALK1/ACVRL1 and ENG genes in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia in FranceGaetan Lesca
Laboratoire de Genetique, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Hum Mutat 23:289-99. 2004..The disease is caused by mutations of two genes: ENG and ALK1 (ACVRL1). We screened the coding sequence of ENG and ALK1 in 160 unrelated French index cases...
- Novel loci regulating bone anabolic response to loading: expression QTL analysis in C57BL/6JXC3H/HeJ mice crossChandrasekhar Kesavan
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, Jerry L Pettis VA Medical Center, 11201 Benton Street, Loma Linda, CA 92357, USA
Bone 41:223-30. 2007..We then measured the expression changes of bone marker genes, bone sialoprotein (BSP), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and housekeeping genes, beta-actin and peptidylprolyl isomerase A (PPIA), by using real-time PCR in both the ..
- Gingival crevicular fluid alkaline phosphatase activity reflects periodontal healing/recurrent inflammation phases in chronic periodontitis patientsGiuseppe Perinetti
Department of Oral Sciences, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 79:1200-7. 2008..One of these host enzymes is alkaline phosphatase (ALP), the GCF activity of which has been associated with periodontal inflammation...
- Increased liver enzymes in adult women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiencyHenrik Falhammar
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Endocr J 56:601-8. 2009..Serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) and gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), ..
- [Effect of various concentrations of platelet-rich plasma on osteogenic differentiation of skeletal muscle-derived stem cells]Liancheng Shan
Department of Orthopaedics, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:991-6. 2009..To investigate the effect of various concentration of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) on osteogenic differentiation of rabbit skeletal muscle-derived stem cells (SMSCs) cultured in vitro...
- Effect of smoking and CYP2D6 polymorphisms on the extent of fluvoxamine-alprazolam interaction in patients with psychosomatic diseaseHideyo Sugahara
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:699-704. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the factors responsible for interindividual variability in the extent of interaction between FVX and alprazolam (ALP).
- Calciuria in children with juvenile chronic arthritisD Nemcova
Department of Pediatrics, First Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:43-5. 1994..12 patients with confirmed diagnosis of JCA basic biochemical indices of bone metabolism, were performed (S-Ca, P, ALP, U-Ca/U-creatinine, U-P)...
- Increased secretory leukoprotease inhibitor in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinomaS Ameshima
Department of Internal Medicine, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Japan
Cancer 89:1448-56. 2000..that acute pulmonary inflammation, such as that observed in pneumonia, elevates secretory leukoprotease inhibitor (SLPI) levels in serum...
- Intra-aneurysm sac pressure in patients with unchanged AAA diameter after EVARN V Dias
Vascular Center Malmö Lund, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 39:35-41. 2010..To study intra-aneurysm sac pressure and subsequent abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) diameter changes in patients without endoleaks that remain unchanged in AAA diameter more than 1 year after endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor, but not alpha-1 protease inhibitor, blocks tryptase-induced bronchoconstrictionR M Forteza
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, University of Miami at Mount Sinai Medical Center, 4300 Alton Road, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 14:107-10. 2001Alpha-1-protease inhibitor (alpha(1)-PI) and secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) are two natural airway serine protease inhibitors...
- Ablation of mouse phosphomannose isomerase (Mpi) causes mannose 6-phosphate accumulation, toxicity, and embryonic lethalityCharles DeRossi
Glycobiology and Carbohydrate Chemistry Program, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, 10901 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 281:5916-27. 2006b>MPI encodes phosphomannose isomerase, which interconverts fructose 6-phosphate and mannose 6-phosphate (Man-6-P), used for glycoconjugate biosynthesis...
- Contrast stress echocardiography for the diagnosis of coronary artery disease in patients with chest pain but without acute coronary syndrome: incremental value of myocardial perfusionNicola Gaibazzi
Dipartimento del Cuore, Azienda Ospedaliero, Universitaria di Parma, Parma, Italy
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:404-10. 2009..Myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) could prove effective in the risk stratification of patients in whom acute coronary syndromes are ruled out by ..
- Recent payment and utilization trends in radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging: comparison between self-referral and referral to radiologistsDavid C Levin
Center for Research on Utilization of Imaging Services, Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 6:437-41. 2009The aim of this study was to examine the effects of self-referral by comparing recent trends in payments and utilization rates for radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) among radiologists and cardiologists between 1998 and 2006.
- Changes in alkaline phosphatase levels in patients with prostate cancer receiving degarelix or leuprolide: results from a 12-month, comparative, phase III studyFritz H Schroder
Department of Urology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BJU Int 106:182-7. 2010..5 mg in the control of total serum alkaline phosphatase (S-ALP) levels in patients with prostate cancer...
- Serum alkaline phosphatase levels in healthy children and evaluation of alkaline phosphatase z-scores in different types of ricketsSerap Turan
Marmara University, Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol 3:7-11. 2011Serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels show great variation with age and sex in children and adolescents. Additionally, different buffers used even in the same method cause variable results...
- Nucleotide sequence of the human placental alkaline phosphatase gene. Evolution of the 5' flanking region by deletion/substitutionB J Knoll
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77025
J Biol Chem 263:12020-7. 1988Three closely related alkaline phosphatase (ALP) genes reside on the long arm of chromosome 2 in man. One of these genes (the placental ALP-1) encodes the classic heat-stable placental alkaline phosphatase...
- Temporal and local appearance of alkaline phosphatase activity in early stages of guided bone regeneration. A descriptive histochemical study in humansU Stucki
Department of Periodontology and Fixed Prosthodontics, University of Berne, School of Dental Medicine, Berne, Switzerland
Clin Oral Implants Res 12:121-7. 2001Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphate esters and it seems to be a prerequisite for normal skeletal mineralization. Also, ALP is the most widely recognized marker of osteoblast phenotypes...
- Patterns of osteocalcin and bone specific alkaline phosphatase by age, gender, and race or ethnicityC M Gundberg
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Bone 31:703-8. 2002..values of two bone formation markers, serum osteocalcin (Oc) and bone specific alkaline phosphatase (bone ALP), were compared by age, gender, and race or ethnicity using serum obtained from a subsample of blacks, whites, and ..
- Myocardial perfusion imaging in Denmark: activity from 1997 to 2001 and current practiceClaus Leth Petersen
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Frederiksberg Hospital H S, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:137-40. 2003..sent to all departments of nuclear medicine in Denmark (n=20) asking for details of myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI), including the number of patients examined each year from 1997 to 2001 and the current clinical and technical ..
- Does the myocardial performance index affect pulmonary artery pressure in patients with mitral stenosis? A tissue Doppler imaging studyKuruluş Ozdemir
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Echocardiography 20:249-56. 2003..So, we analyzed whether the left and right ventricular myocardial performance index (MPI) correlated with the PAP.
- Esophageal dysfunction in patients with atypical chest pain investigated with esophageal scintigraphy and myocardial perfusion imaging: an outcome studyDouglas Howarth
Hunter Imaging Group, Warners Bay, New South Wales, Australia
J Nucl Cardiol 10:490-7. 2003The objectives of this study were to determine the role of esophageal scintigraphy (ES) and myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) in patients with atypical chest pain investigated for ischemic heart disease (IHD).
- Dobutamine myocardial scintigraphy for the prediction of cardiac events after heart transplantationMarcus Hacker
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Nucl Med Commun 26:607-12. 2005..Single photon emission computed tomography-myocardial perfusion imaging (SPECT-MPI) has been shown to be a useful and cost-effective non-invasive method in patients with known or suspected coronary ..
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor and its potential interactions with elastase and cathepsin B in gingival crevicular fluid and saliva from patients with chronic periodontitisS W Cox
Department of Periodontology, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, King s College and St Thomas Hospitals, London, UK
J Periodontal Res 41:477-85. 2006..Our study investigated the regulation of elastase activity by secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) and the possible action of another GCF protease on this protective salivary component.
- Usefulness of the comprehensive geriatric assessment in older patients with upper gastrointestinal bleeding: a two-year follow-up studyAlberto Pilotto
Geriatric Unit and Gerontology and Geriatrics Research Laboratories, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Dig Dis 25:124-8. 2007..The potential usefulness of standardized comprehensive geriatric assessment (CGA) in evaluating treatment and follow-up of older patients with upper gastrointestinal bleeding is unknown...
- Acute effect of transcatheter closure on right ventricular function in patients with atrial septal defect assessed by tissue Doppler imagingJiandong Ding
Department of Cardiology, Zhongda Hospital and School of Clinical Medicine, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
Acta Cardiol 64:303-9. 2009..The Doppler myocardial performance index (MPI) may provide a method of assessing function in these patients...
- Inhibition of extracellular matrix assembly induces the expression of osteogenic markers in skeletal muscle cells by a BMP-2 independent mechanismNelson Osses
Centro de Regulación Celular y Patología, Centro de Regeneración y Envejecimiento, Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, MIFAB, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
BMC Cell Biol 10:73. 2009..We attempt to address if ECM also plays a role in the osteogenic differentiation of skeletal muscle cells...
- Multidimensional Prognostic Index based on a comprehensive geriatric assessment predicts short-term mortality in older patients with heart failureAlberto Pilotto
Department of Medical Sciences, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Circ Heart Fail 3:14-20. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether a Multidimensional Prognostic Index (MPI) based on a comprehensive geriatric assessment predicts short-term mortality in older patients with heart failure.
- [Influence of co-culturing vascular endothelial cells and adipose-derived stromal cells on osteogenic differentiation in vitro]Fuke Wang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical College, Kunming Yunnan, 650032, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:399-405. 2010....
- Bone and mineral metabolism in transient hyperphosphatasaemiaS Kutilek
Department of Pediatrics, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Univ Carol Med (Praha) 40:47-51. 1994Transient hyperphosphatasaemia (TH) is a benign disorder characterized by transient elevation of S-ALP activity not exceeding duration of 4 months in children under 5 years of age, with elevated activity of bone isoenzymes of ALP with no ..
- The effects of aerobic exercise on migraineD M Lockett
Department of Psychology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Headache 32:50-4. 1992..the Pain-Severity, Affective-Distress, and Support scales of the West Haven-Yale Multidimensional Pain Inventory (MPI)...
- Calvarial "doughnut lesions": clinical spectrum of the syndrome, report on a case, and review of the literatureD Baumgartner
Department of Pediatrics, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Med Genet 99:238-43. 2001Many pathologic fractures, lumps on the head, elevated serum alkaline phosphatase (ALP) levels, and dental caries are the main characteristics of the rare autosomal dominantly inherited calvarial "doughnut lesions" (MIM 126550)...
- Evidence for a role of p38 MAP kinase in expression of alkaline phosphatase during osteoblastic cell differentiationA Suzuki
Division of Bone Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Bone 30:91-8. 2002..p38 only marginally influenced proliferation, but appeared to be critical for the control of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) expression in differentiating cells...
- Ihh enhances differentiation of CFK-2 chondrocytic cells and antagonizes PTHrP-mediated activation of PKARon A Deckelbaum
Department of Medicine and Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
J Cell Sci 115:3015-25. 2002..Markers of chondrocyte differentiation [alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity, and type II (Col2a1) and type X collagen (Col10a1) expression] were enhanced by overexpression of Ihh or ..
- STEVEN R MUMM; Fiscal Year: 2014..The patient had never been diagnosed with HPP, although her serum ALP was low (26 U/L, Nl 32 - 116 U/L)...
- Xianzhong Meng; Fiscal Year: 2015..a major role in TLR4-induced osteogenic responses, characterized by expression of Runx2, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osteopontin...
- Purinergic receptors in inflammationWolfgang G Junger; Fiscal Year: 2012..are recruited to the leading edge where adenosine is generated by CD39/E- NTPDase1 and alkaline phosphatase (ALP)...
- MINERALIZATION STUDIES RELATED TO ORAL BIOLOGYHARRISON ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..We and others have provided evidence that MV phosphatases, including alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and ATPase are involved in MV mineralization...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF PRONEPHRIC DUCT CELL GUIDANCEMALCOLM STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 1991..The molecule is identified as the cell-surface enzyme alkaline phosphatase (ALP). A prime focus of this project is to understand the role of ALP in guiding migrating embryonic cells...
- GROWTH FACTORS AND SKELETAL AGINGTheresa Chen; Fiscal Year: 2000..the bone forming potential of the osteoblasts is in direct proportion to the number of alkaline phosphatase (ALP) positive CFU-F...
- Vijay Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2015..Myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI), a versatile tool in clinical diagnosis, plays an important role in the noninvasive assessment of coronary artery ..
- Mechanism and therapy for arteriovenous malformationSuk Paul Oh; Fiscal Year: 2013..While reduced expression of either Endoglin (ENG) or Activin receptor-like kinase 1 (ALK1) has shown to be associated HHT, the precise pathogenetic mechanisms underlying HHT remain elusive;and thus, while ..
- Hua Su; Fiscal Year: 2016..We use viral-mediated focal brain VEGF stimulation of mice with either endoglin (ENG) or activin-like kinase 1 (ALK1) haploinsufficiency. These animals display dysmorphic and enlarged microvascular structure...
- Jaime Chu; Fiscal Year: 2016..Mutation of mannose-6-phosphate isomerase (MPI) causes the "gastrointestinal type" of CDG...
- ALAN BRENT PACKARD; Fiscal Year: 2014..Myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) is the most commonly performed nuclear medicine procedure performed in adults;nearly 60% of all nuclear medicine ..
- Carbohydrate Deficient Glycoprotein Syndromes: Models and TherapyHudson H Freeze; Fiscal Year: 2013..CDG-Ib patients have insufficient phosphomannose isomerase (MPI, Fru-6-P_>Man-6-P) activity and develop liver dysfunction, fibrosis, failure to thrive, protein-losing ..
- Interrogation of the Cellular Pathogenesis of Pulmonary HypertensionLarissa A Shimoda; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the TGF beta superfamily pathways, bone morphogenetic protein receptor II (BMPR II) and the TGF-beta receptor I, ALK1, have been implicated in the pathogenesis of PH...
- Yucheng Yao; Fiscal Year: 2016..and Matrix Gla Protein (MGP), a BMP antagonist, regulate the expression of the activin-like kinase receptor 1 (ALK1), essential in angiogenesis...
- Shuang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- WADE HAMPTON MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..that composite findings of arm ergometer exercise ECG stress testing, with selective myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) in a subset of patients such as those with highly abnormal resting ECGs or blunted hemodynamic responses, provides ..
- Xiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..outcomes, including (1) hormone dysfunction: reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP);(2) menstrual disorders;(3) infertility;(4) EPL and SAB;and (5) adverse birth ..
- Francesca Tentori; Fiscal Year: 2015..These resources will be complemented by those at VUMC, including close mentorship by Dr. T. Alp Ikizler, interactions with other patient-oriented researchers and clinicians, and a vibrant scientific environment...
- Kelly A Birdwell; Fiscal Year: 2015..My CTSA mentor, Dr. T. Alp Ikizler, is an internationally recognized leader on the metabolic complications of kidney disease and expert in the ..
- Mary Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Matrix-Assisted Laser desorption/ionization time of flight;Manp, mannopyranosyl;ManT, mannosyltransferase;MPI, mannosylated phosphatidylinositol;MS, mass spectrometry;myo-Ins, myo-inositol;ORF, open reading frame;investigator,..
- Ayman Al-Hendy; Fiscal Year: 2014..Four targeted adenoviral vectors expressing luciferase gene as a marker (Ad5-RGD-luc, Ad5-CAV2- luc, Ad5-SLPI-luc, and Ad5-MSLN-CRAD-luc) will be directly delivered into the uterine fibroid tumors of the Eker rat, and their ..
- Three-dimensional cardiac accelerometry for cardiac monitoringMichael J Russell; Fiscal Year: 2010..and electrocardiography (ECG), ultrasound (echocardiography, ECHO) and nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) are the modalities commonly used for detecting ischemia and cardiac wall motion abnormalities...
- Effects of resistant starch on lipid and glucose metabolism in insulin resistanceRONALD M contact KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2010..with CVD risk in insulin resistant individuals who express components of the atherogenic lipoprotein phenotype (ALP)...
- Caroline M Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2014..and/or production of antimicrobial peptides(beta-defensins, cathelicidin, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor[SLPI], lactoferrin);2) that some individuals are more vulnerable to colonization due to low baseline levels of those ..
- Exploration of novel pan-HPV treatments to block development of AIDS-associated cWijbe Martin Kast; Fiscal Year: 2010..Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) is a serine protease inhibitor found in mucosal fluids of the genital tract and has been shown to inhibit ..
- Regulation of IL-10 Gene Expression and Host Septic Response by ProgranulinXiaojing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2011..on the cellular and molecular mechanisms whereby progranulin (PGRN) and secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), two host-derived anti-inflammatory proteins, regulate the synthesis of IL-10 in macrophages in vitro and protect ..
- James K Min; Fiscal Year: 2016..Physiologic stress testing by myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) is the traditional method for evaluating CAD, and identifies ischemia but not stenoses...
- Monodispersed Biocompatible Magnetic Nanoprobes for Improved Diagnostic ImagingKANNAN MANJAPRA KRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our goal is to use Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI), a new medical imaging technology recently introduced by Philips that uses the magnetic relaxation of magnetite ..
- Grant T Gullberg; Fiscal Year: 2014..Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) is now the most widely applied noninvasive method for the detection and risk stratification of coronary artery ..
- DENNIS LARRY KOLSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..We are proposing a dual-investigator MPI study (Kolson, Aldvoni) to investigate a novel drug, dimethyl fumarate, (DMF, Fumaderm(R)), now in a phase III ..
- Cellular Mechanisms of Neuropathology in Parkinson's DiseaseJohn J Shacka; Fiscal Year: 2013..The autophagy- lysosome pathway (ALP) is an important intracellular degradation and recycling pathway and a compromise in ALP function promotes the ..
- Jacqui Smith; Fiscal Year: 2015..PSID), the American Time Use Survey's (ATUS) new well-being module, and the American Life Panel's (ALP) DRM...
- Deep Brain Stimulation Array for NeuromodulationRio J Vetter; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will be directed by NeuroNexus with pre-clinical testing conducted at MPI Research, Inc. and the University of Michigan...
- Nam Y Lee; Fiscal Year: 2014..ligands exert their regulatory effects through the endothelial cell specific TGF-[unreadable] receptor complex, ALK1 (type I receptor) and endoglin (co-receptor), along with the ubiquitous type I TGF-[unreadable] receptor, ALK5, to ..
- Pietro P Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2016..The present multiple principal investigator (MPI) project will involve 2 components: 1) The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) component will carry out the animal ..
- ORGANOPHOSPHATE PESTICIDES AND HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTHXiping Xu; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) alterations in hormone patterns including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP) in women and abnormalities of LH, FSH, TSH, SHBG, inhibin-B and testosterone ..
- RICHARD DENNIS WADDELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..training will focus on the research support needs identified at MUHAS via the MUHAS-UCSF Academic Learning Program (ALP), including grant application preparation and submission, pre- and post-award management, financial management, ..
- RESCUE: Randomized Evaluation of Patients with Stable Angina Comparing UtilizatioArthur E Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is not the case for the more traditional single photon emission tomography myocardial perfusion imaging (SPECT MPI) where patients with a positive test for CAD will require invasive angiography to identify potential left main ..
- Emiko Mizoguchi; Fiscal Year: 2015..Interestingly, they developed both in antigen-independent manner and in SLPI (secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor) and BAFF (receptor of B cell activation factor from the TNF family)-..
- Enhancing Hawaii Hospital Information ContentTodd B Seto; Fiscal Year: 2010..disease severity and clinical performance;2) Build on our preliminary work developing a Master Patient Identifier (MPI) to link patients across hospitals throughout the state, by extending our work to include newborns, and creating a ..
- Innate Resistance to Mucosal HSV Infection in HumansChristine M Posavad; Fiscal Year: 2010..peptides and proteins in the mucosal samples with a focus on defensins, secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), lactoferrin and lysozyme, mediators linked to defense against HSV infection...
- Ginette Serrero; Fiscal Year: 2014..of PGRN by a proteolytic cleavage stimulated by elastase and blocked by secretory leucocyte protease inhibitor SLPI. Recent evidence suggests that both PGRN and grns may directly influence neurodegenerative diseases process, such ..
- Hongmei Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Dr. Zhang has rich experience in statistical modeling [1R03HL095429, Zhang (MPI)]...
- Michael L Hines; Fiscal Year: 2016..NEURON already supports thread and MPI styles of parallelism for spike coupled networks, gap junctions, and distributed cable models of individual cells, ..
- Sarjeet S Gill; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our research showed Aedes receptor proteins include cadherin, alkaline phosphatases (ALP), and aminopeptidases (APNs)...
- KANNAN MANJAPRA KRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..PA-12-089), LodeSpin Labs (LSL) is developing a magnetic nanoparticle tracer for use in Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI), a disruptive new medical imaging technology currently being developed as a safe, effective and quantitative ..
- William C Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2016..EBV transformed peripheral blood lymphocytes, and plasma;2) Generate both genome wide SNP genotype data and BMPR2/ALK1 sequence/MLPA data on 2500 patients enrolled in the bank...
- Interaction between HSV-2 and the vaginal microbiome in the female genital tractCHRISTINE MICHELLE JOHNSTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..e.secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor, SLPI) and that these changes result in fluctuations in the vaginal microbiome which predispose women to develop BV...
- Measuring Left Ventricular Dyssynchrony from ECG-gated Myocardial Perfusion SPECTJi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..phase analysis (MHPA) of ECG-gated single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) study and by integrating this evaluation of LV dyssynchrony to our established quantification of myocardial ..
- Anti-HIV activity in genital tract secretions of postmenopausal womenMimi Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically we will determine the levels of protective endogenous anti-HIV factors (SLPI, Elafin, MIP3a/CCL20 and human beta defensin 2 (HBD2)) in genital tract secretions of pre- and postmenopausal women ..
- Hormone Regulation of Human Anti-HIV Molecules in the Female Reproductive TractJack E Bodwell; Fiscal Year: 2010..of Vulnerability concept integrates the biology of the lower FRT with the recent finding that molecules (Elafin, SLPI, HDB2/3, MIP3alpha, etc.) of the innate immune system have significant anti-HIV activity...
- Haemophilus Hap-mediated Microcolony FormationJOSEPH ST GEME; Fiscal Year: 2002..and microcolony formation are potentiated by a host protein called secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI)...
- Development and Maintenance of SPIDER Software for Electron Microscopy ImagingArDean Leith; Fiscal Year: 2012..by implementing new alignment and back-projection methods, off-loading computations to GPUs, and adding parallel MPI I/O...
- Comprehensive Analysis of Data from Testing the Re-engineered Hospital DischargeVEERAPPA CHETTY; Fiscal Year: 2009..ROCR: Visualizing the performance of scoring classifiers". R package version 1.0-2. http://rocr.bioinf.mpi-sb.mpg.de/ Outcomes: We will publish five papers as listed 1.) risk scores and Intervention effect;2...
- ACTININ ASSOCIATED LIM PROTEIN & FSH MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYDavid Bredt; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recent molecular cloning studies have identified actinin-associated LIM protein (ALP), which is a novel component of the muscle cytoskeleton...
- Zhihua Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2015..A primary mechanism that dictates TGF-2 specificity is the activation of its type I receptors Alk1 or Alk5...
- PEPTIDE INDUCTION OF POSITIVE SELECTIONKristin A Hogquist; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of these involves the TGF[unreadable]/BMP family receptors, Endoglin and ALK1. These two proteins form an alternate receptor for TGF[unreadable], and we propose to test if this is critical to ..
- DDT, Endocrine Disruption and Reproductive OutcomesXiaobin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..with (1) hormone dysfunction including reduced estrogen excretion (REE), anovulation, abnormal luteal phase (ALP), and abnormal follicular phase (AFP); (2) menstrual disorders; (3) reduced fecundability; and (4) adverse ..
- Mireille Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2014..on the actual and perceived financial risk associated with health spending from the RAND American Life Panel (ALP)...
- FY 2013 Contract HHSN271201300012C, SBIR-1, Topic 003, Automated Instrument for CJimmy Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..proposes to construct a cell-based high throughput assay that measures chemical toxicity using a novel dye, m-MPI. This dye was engineered to overcome many of the drawbacks of current dyes used to measure mitochondrial membrane ..
- Haemophilus Hap-mediated Microcolony FormationJOSEPH ST GEME; Fiscal Year: 2007..and microcolony formation are potentiated by a host protein called secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI)...
- Jill S Halterman; Fiscal Year: 2016..will be matched into 6 pairs and then randomly assigned to either the Multifaceted Prompting Intervention (MPI) or usual care...
- Computational Biology Cluster (CBC)James S Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2010..new Intel Nehalem technology, and equipped with hybrid InfiniBand/GigE interconnect to support both tightly coupled MPI and loosely coupled high-throughput computations - a mix typically found in today's biomedical and bio-..
- Antibody- and peptide-inhibitors of quorum sensingKim Janda; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our proposed work includes the following aims: (1) synthesis of quorum sensing peptides and analogs from all 4 AlP subgroups of S...
- Production of the anti-HIV protein SLPI in plantsDavid Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..Low-Cost Production Method for a Human Anti-HIV Protein SUMMARY: The human secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) is an 11...
- Human cDNAs and proteins and uses thereofPatent Number: WO03046180-A2; Date:2003-06-05