Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC4A2
Description: solute carrier family 4 member 2
Alias: AE2, BND3L, EPB3L1, HKB3, NBND3, anion exchange protein 2, anion exchanger 2 type a, anion exchanger 2 type b1, anion exchanger 2 type b2, erythrocyte membrane protein band 3-like 1, non-erythroid band 3-like protein, solute carrier family 4 (anion exchanger), member 2
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Involvement of prostaglandin E receptor subtype EP(4) in colon carcinogenesisMichihiro Mutoh
Cancer Prevention Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Res 62:28-32. 2002..To confirm these results, we also examined the inhibitory effects of an EP(4)-selective antagonist, ONO-AE2-227, in the diet on the formation of AOM-induced colon ACFs in C57BL/6Cr mice and on the development of intestinal ..
- Distribution of sodium transporters and aquaporin-1 in the human choroid plexusJeppe Praetorius
The Water and Salt Research Center, Institute of Anatomy, Univ of Aarhus, Wilhelm Meyers Alle, Bldg 234, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C59-67. 2006..The Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger, AE2, was localized basolaterally, as was the Na(+)-dependent Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger, NCBE, and the electroneutral Na(..
- Chromosomal localization of a human band 3-like gene to region 7q35----7q36A P Palumbo
Am J Hum Genet 39:307-16. 1986..In situ hybridization analysis using the c-DNA for this nonerythroid Band 3 gene further localized the gene to region 7q35----7q36 of human metaphase chromosomes...
- Distribution of keratin and associated proteins in the epidermis of monotreme, marsupial, and placental mammalsLorenzo Alibardi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, University of Bologna, 40126, Bologna, Italy
J Morphol 258:49-66. 2003..of acidic and basic proteins in monotreme and marsupial epidermis as revealed by anti-keratin antibodies AE1, AE2, and AE3 resembles that of eutherian epidermis...
- Immunolocalization of AE2 anion exchanger in rat and mouse epididymisL J Jensen
Renal Unit and Program in Membrane Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Biol Reprod 61:973-80. 1999..In this report, we used a recently described SDS antigen unmasking treatment to localize the Cl/HCO(3) exchanger AE2 in rat and mouse epididymis...
- Possible association between cell membrane band 3 impairment function and renal tubular acidosis (liver diseases, malignancies and adverse drug reactions)Donatas Stakisaitis
Institute of Oncology, Vilnius University, Santariskiu 1, 2000 Vilnius, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 40:9-15. 2004..Cl-/HCO3- anion exchanger (AE2) is an isoform of band 3 protein, which is expressed in cell membranes of organs such as liver cells and kidney ..
- Targeted disruption of the Cl-/HCO3- exchanger Ae2 results in osteopetrosis in miceKaj Josephsen
The Water and Salt Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Dental Pathology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, School of Dentistry, and Institute of Anatomy, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1638-41. 2009..Immunohistochemistry revealed that Ae2 is exclusively expressed at the contra-lacunar plasma membrane domain of mouse osteoclast...
- Bicarbonate-dependent chloride secretion in Calu-3 epithelia in response to 7,8-benzoquinolineA W Cuthbert
Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Level 5 Box 157, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
J Physiol 551:79-92. 2003..DNDS blocks both the chloride-bicarbonate exchanger AE2 and the sodium-bicarbonate transporter NBC1...
- Effect of supramicron roughness characteristics produced by 1- and 2-step acid etching on the osseointegration capability of titaniumWael Att
The Jane and Jerry Weintraub Center for Reconstructive Biotechnology, Division of Advanced Prosthodontics, Biomaterials and Hospital Dentistry, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90095 1668, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:719-28. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the osteoblastic and osteogenic responses to titanium surfaces roughened by 1-step and 2-step acid etching...
- Combined effects of prostaglandin E receptor subtype EP1 and subtype EP4 antagonists on intestinal tumorigenesis in adenomatous polyposis coli gene knockout miceTomohiro Kitamura
Cancer Prevention Basic Research Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 94:618-21. 2003..ONO-8711 and ONO-AE2-227, prostaglandin E receptor subtype EP(1)- and EP(4)-selective antagonists, respectively, are known to suppress ..
- HCO3(-)/Cl(-) exchange inactivation and reactivation during mouse oocyte meiosis correlates with MEK/MAPK-regulated Ae2 plasma membrane localizationChenxi Zhou
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7417. 2009..However, the mechanism by which the exchanger is inactivated during meiotic progression had not been determined, nor had the role of MEK/MAPK been directly established...
- Palifermin induces alveolar maintenance programs in emphysematous miceAli O Yildirim
Clinical Research Group Chronic Airway Diseases, Medical Faculty, Philipps University Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 181:705-17. 2010..Emphysema is characterized by destruction of alveoli with ensuing airspace enlargement and loss of alveoli. Induction of alveolar regeneration is still a major challenge in emphysema therapy...
- Segmental expression of the bradykinin type 2 receptor in rat efferent ducts and epididymis and its role in the regulation of aquaporin 9C Belleannee
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biol Reprod 80:134-43. 2009..Double-immunofluorescence staining for BDKRB2 and the anion exchanger AE2 (a marker of efferent duct ciliated cells) or the V-ATPase E subunit, official symbol ATP6V1E1 (a marker of ..
- Studies on bicarbonate transporters and carbonic anhydrase in porcine nonpigmented ciliary epitheliumMohammad Shahidullah
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1791-800. 2009..Bicarbonate transport plays a role in aqueous humor (AH) secretion. The authors examined bicarbonate transport mechanisms and carbonic anhydrase (CA) in porcine nonpigmented ciliary epithelium (NPE)...
- Ion transporters in secretory and cyclically modulating ameloblasts: a new hypothesis for cellular control of preeruptive enamel maturationKaj Josephsen
Department of Dental Pathology, Operative Dentistry, and Endodontics, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1299-307. 2010..Both papillary cells and ameloblasts express plasma membrane acid/base transporters (AE2, NBC, and NHE1)...
- AE2 Cl-/HCO3- exchanger is required for normal cAMP-stimulated anion secretion in murine proximal colonLara R Gawenis
Department of Physiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G493-503. 2010..However, additional evidence suggests that the AE2 Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger, when coupled with the NHE1 Na(+)/H(+) exchanger or a Na(+)-HCO(3)(-) cotransporter (NBC),..
- How pH regulates a pH regulator: a regulatory hot spot in the N-terminal cytoplasmic domain of the AE2 anion exchangerSeth L Alper
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 36:123-36. 2002..The most extensively studied among them are the Na+-independent anion exchangers AE1, AE2, and AE3...
- Molecular physiology of SLC4 anion exchangersSeth L Alper
Molecular and Vascular Medicine Unit, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Exp Physiol 91:153-61. 2006..b>SLC4A2/AE2 knockout mice die at weaning. Human SLC4A3/AE3 polymorphisms have been associated with seizure disorder...
- Immunocytochemical and electrophoretic distribution of cytokeratins in the regenerating epidermis of the lizard Podarcis muralisL Alibardi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Morphol 246:179-91. 2000..at light- and electron-microscope levels, we studied the distribution of three monoclonal antibodies (AE1, AE2, AE3) specific for mammalian alpha-keratins in regenerating lizard epidermis...
- Keratinization in the epidermis of amphibians and the lungfish: comparison with amniote keratinizationL Alibardi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica e Sperimentale, University of Bologna, Italy
Tissue Cell 33:439-49. 2001..In the lungfish and amphibian tadpoles, anti-keratin antibodies (AE1 and AE3) stain the whole epidermis but not the AE2 antibody, a marker for keratinization...
- Ethanol exposure impairs LPS-induced pulmonary LIX expression: alveolar epithelial cell dysfunction as a consequence of acute intoxicationJames E Walker
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:357-65. 2009..LPS)-induced chemokine (LIX or CXCL5) is a recently described chemokine produced by type-II alveolar epithelial (AE2) cells which facilitates neutrophil recruitment...
- Immunolocalization of the electrogenic Na+-HCO-3 cotransporter in mammalian and amphibian kidneyB M Schmitt
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Section of Nephrology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Am J Physiol 276:F27-38. 1999..laevis oocytes expressing rkNBC, but not in control oocytes injected with water or cRNA for the Cl-/HCO-3 exchanger AE2. In immunoblotting experiments on renal microsomes, the pAbs specifically labeled a major band at approximately 130 ..
- Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchange is acetazolamide sensitive and activated by a muscarinic receptor-induced [Ca(2+)](i) increase in salivary acinar cellsHa Van Nguyen
Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G312-20. 2004..Localization studies using a specific antibody to the ubiquitously expressed AE2 isoform labeled acini in both parotid and sublingual glands...
- Mechanisms of neuronal chloride accumulation in intact mouse olfactory epitheliumWilliam T Nickell
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, University of Cincinnati, PO Box 670667, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Physiol 583:1005-20. 2007..Mice lacking the common Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger AE2 had normal EOGs...
- Zebrafish slc4a2/ae2 anion exchanger: cDNA cloning, mapping, functional characterization, and localizationBoris E Shmukler
Molecular Medicine and Renal Units, Beth Israel Deaconess Med Ctr E RW763, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F835-49. 2005..We report the cDNA cloning and characterization of the AE2 anion exchanger ortholog from zebrafish kidney, slc4a2/ae2. The ae2 gene in linkage group 2 encodes a polypeptide of 1,228 aa exhibiting 64% aa identity with mouse AE2a...
- Zebrafish ae2.2 encodes a second slc4a2 anion exchangerBoris E Shmukler
Molecular and Vascular Medicine and Renal Units, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center E RW763, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R1081-91. 2008The genome of zebrafish (Danio rerio) encodes two unlinked genes equally closely related to the SLC4A2/AE2 anion exchanger genes of mammals...
- Functional expression and subcellular localization of an anion exchanger cloned from choroid plexusA E Lindsey
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, CA 94305 5020
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:5278-82. 1990We have isolated rat brain cDNA clones encoding AE2, a homologue of the erythrocyte anion exchanger, band 3 (AE1)...
- Immunohistochemical study of nasopharyngeal carcinoma using monoclonal keratin antibodiesS R Shi
Am J Pathol 117:53-63. 1984..In the present immunohistochemical study, monoclonal keratin antibodies, designated AE1, AE2, and AE3, and a polyclonal keratin antibody (RAK) were used for study of the presence of keratin in 121 cases of ..
- Expression of Cl-/HCO3- exchanger in the basolateral membrane of mouse medullary thick ascending limbA M Sun
Division of Renal Diseases, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, USA
Am J Physiol 274:F358-64. 1998..Furthermore, mRNA encoding two members (AE2 and AE3) of the AE gene family were demonstrated in microdissected mouse MTAL tubules by reverse transcription-..
- Molecular cloning and genomic organization of the mouse AE2 anion exchanger geneJ Lecanda
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, University Clinic and Medical School, Pamplona, E 31008, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:117-24. 2000The molecular organization of the AE2 (SLC4A2) gene, a member of the multigene family encoding sodium-independent chloride/bicarbonate anion exchangers, has previously been described in both humans and rats...
- Detection of Cl--HCO3- and Na+-H+ exchangers in human airways epitheliumF J Al-Bazzaz
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago and VA Chicago Health Care System West Side Division Chicago, IL, USA
JOP 2:285-90. 2001..Our results demonstrated that NHE1, AE2, and brain AE3 isoforms were expressed in all regions of the human airway, whereas NHE2, NHE3, AE1, and cardiac AE3 ..
- Expression of aquaporin 1 and aquaporin 4 water channels in rat choroid plexusTracey Speake
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1609:80-6. 2003..Western analyses were performed on a membrane fraction that was enriched in Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase and AE2, marker proteins for the apical and basolateral membranes of the choroid plexus epithelium, respectively...
- Transport activity of chimaeric AE2-AE3 chloride/bicarbonate anion exchange proteinsJocelyne Fujinaga
CIHR Membrane Protein Research Group, Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Biochem J 371:687-96. 2003..Although AE2 and AE3 are highly similar in sequence, AE2-transport activity was 10-fold higher than AE3 (41 versus 4 mM x min(-1)..
- Molecular pathophysiology of SLC4 bicarbonate transportersMichael F Romero
Departments of Physiology and Biophysics and Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2119 Abington Road, Cleveland, OH 44106 4970, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 14:495-501. 2005..Function and human chromosomal location have been determined for most members...
- Characterization of H+ and HCO3- transporters in CFPAC-1 human pancreatic duct cellsZoltan Rakonczay
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
World J Gastroenterol 12:885-95. 2006..To characterize H+ and HCO3- transporters in polarized CFPAC-1 human pancreatic duct cells, which were derived from a cystic fibrosis patient with the DeltaF508 CFTR mutation...
- Paradoxical effects of hydrogen peroxide on human airway anion secretionTakamasa Ohashi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsurumai cho, Showaku, Nagoya, 466 8550, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 318:296-303. 2006..inhibitor]-sensitive and 4,4'-dinitrostilbene-2,2'-disulfonic acid [an HCO3--dependent anion transporter (NBC1/AE2) inhibitor]-sensitive ISC in the control, whereas the up-regulation evidently favored bumetanide-sensitive ISC in ..
- Extended mixed-culture biofilms (MCB) model to describe integrated fixed film/activated sludge (IFAS) process behaviourJ Albizuri
Environmental Engineering Department, CEIT and Tecnun University of Navarra, Manuel Lardizabal 15, 20018, San Sebastian, Spain
Water Sci Technol 60:3233-41. 2009..to match the average results at a continuous Johannesburg pilot plant (comprising two aerobic reactors, AE1 and AE2), but failed to match the batch test results of either the rate of endogenous carbonaceous oxygen uptake (OUR) or ..
- Development of an experimental model of endometriosis in ratsVivian Ferreira do Amaral
Graduate Program in Health Sciences, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Rev Col Bras Cir 36:250-5. 2009..To develop an experimental model of endometriosis in rats...
- Involvement of anion exchanger-2 in apoptosis of endothelial cells induced by high glucose through an mPTP-ROS-Caspase-3 dependent pathwayQi Ren Huang
Nanchang University, People s Republic of China
Apoptosis 15:693-704. 2010..Anion exchanger-2 (AE2) might be involved in the vasculopathy...
- Ultrastructural changes of the intracellular surfactant pool in a rat model of lung transplantation-related eventsLars Knudsen
Institute of Functional and Applied Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Respir Res 12:79. 2011..The alveolar epithelial type II cells (AE2 cells) synthesize, store and secrete surfactant; thus, an intracellular surfactant pool stored in lamellar bodies (..
- Biliary bicarbonate secretion constitutes a protective mechanism against bile acid-induced injury in manSimon Hohenester
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tytgat Institute for Liver and Intestinal Research, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dig Dis 29:62-5. 2011..Here, we tested if bile acid-induced toxicity is pH-dependent and if anion exchanger 2 (AE2) protects against bile acid-induced damage.
- Gastrin inhibits a novel, pathological colon cancer signaling pathway involving EGR1, AE2, and P-ERKLing Jun Song
Department of Pathology, Key Laboratory of Cell Differentiation and Apoptosis of Chinese Ministry of Education, Institutes of Medical Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, 200025, People s Republic of China
J Mol Med (Berl) 90:707-18. 2012Human anion exchanger 2 (AE2) is a plasma membrane protein that regulates intracellular pH and cell volume. AE2 contributes to transepithelial transport of chloride and bicarbonate in normal colon and other epithelial tissues...
- NBCe1 (SLC4A4) a potential pH regulator in enamel organ cells during enamel development in the mouseR Jalali
Department of Oral Cell Biology, Academic Centre for Dentistry at Amsterdam ACTA, Vrije Universiteit, Gustav Mahlerlaan 3004, 1081 LA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Tissue Res 358:433-42. 2014..Enamel organs of CFTR (-/-) and AE2a,b (-/-) mice (CFTR and AE2 are believed to be pH regulators in ameloblasts) contained higher levels of NBCe1 protein than wild-type mice...
- Evaluation of intracellular pH regulation and alkalosis defense mechanisms in preimplantation embryosSenay Dagilgan
Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty, Cukurova University, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Theriogenology 83:1075-84. 2015..All embryos expressed SLC4A2 and SLC4A4 coding for AE-2 and AE-4, but none expressed either AE-1 or AE-3...
- Essential role of carbonic anhydrase XII in secretory gland fluid and HCO3 (-) secretion revealed by disease causing human mutationJeong Hee Hong
Epithelial Signalling and Transport Section, Molecular Physiology and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, 20892, USA
J Physiol 593:5299-312. 2015..anhydrase in epithelial fluid and HCO3 (-) secretion and works by activating the ductal Cl(-) -HCO3 (-) exchanger AE2. Delivery of CA12 to salivary glands increases salivation in mice and of the human mutation CA12(E143K) markedly ..
- Abscisic acid influx into human nucleated cells occurs through the anion exchanger AE2Tiziana Vigliarolo
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Biochemistry, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV 1, Genova 16132, Italy Electronic address
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 75:99-103. 2016..Here we demonstrate that ABA transport in human nucleated cells occurs via the anion exchanger AE2. Together with the recent demonstration that ABA influx into human erythrocytes occurs via Band 3, this result ..
- Stromal uptake and transmission of acid is a pathway for venting cancer cell-generated acidAlzbeta Hulikova
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3PT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E5344-53. 2016..Expression of the acid-loading transporter anion exchanger 2 (AE2) (SLC4A2 product) was detected in myofibroblasts and fibroblasts, but not in CRC cells. Compared with CRC cells, Hs675...
- Tissue remodelling in pulmonary fibrosisLars Knudsen
Institute of Functional and Applied Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Cell Tissue Res . 2016..Alveolar epithelial type II (AE2) cells play a key role in lung fibrosis and their crucial role for epithelial regeneration, stabilisation of ..
- Chromosomal location of the murine anion exchanger genes encoding AE2 and AE3R A White
Section of Genetics, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri
Mamm Genome 5:827-9. 1994
- Presence of putative histidine-rich proteins in the amphibian epidermisLorenzo Alibardi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, University of Bologna, 40126, Bologna, Italy
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 297:105-17. 2003..The overlap that exists at 50-55 kDa between filaggrin-positive and AE2-positive keratins, but not that at 40-45 kDa further indicate that non-keratin, filaggrin-like proteins may be ..
- Functional and molecular adaptation of Cl/HCO3- exchanger to chronic alkaline media in renal cellsValeria Rivarola
Laboratorio de Biomembranas, Departamento de Fisiologia y Biofisica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidadde Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cell Physiol Biochem 16:271-80. 2005..Our results showed that RCCD1 cells express two members of the anion exchanger gene family: AE2 and AE4...
- Engineering three-dimensional pulmonary tissue constructsMark J Mondrinos
School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Tissue Eng 12:717-28. 2006..The alveolar type II (AE2) cell phenotype in 2-D and 3-D cultures was confirmed by detection of SpC gene expression and presence of the gene ..
- Enhanced formation of a HCO3- transport metabolon in exocrine cells of Nhe1-/- miceMireya Gonzalez-Begne
Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 282:35125-32. 2007..4-fold in Nhe1-deficient mice, despite only minimal or any change in mRNA and protein levels of the anion exchanger Ae2. Acetazolamide completely blocked the increase in Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger activity in Nhe1-null mice suggesting ..
- Glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase is required for band 3 (anion exchanger 1) membrane residency in the mammalian kidneyYa Su
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Cambridge, and Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 139, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F157-66. 2011..We have identified GAPDH as a candidate binding partner for the C terminus of both AE1 and AE2. We show that full-length AE1 and GAPDH coimmunoprecipitated from both human and rat kidney as well as from Madin-..
- Substitution of transmembrane domain Cys residues alters pH(o)-sensitive anion transport by AE2/SLC4A2 anion exchangerFabian R Reimold
Renal Division and Molecular and Vascular Medicine Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 99 Brookline Avenue, RN 380F, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pflugers Arch 465:839-51. 2013AE2/SLC4A2 is the most widely expressed of the Na(+)-independent SLC4 Cl(-)/HCO3 (-) exchangers and is essential for postnatal survival, but its structure remains unknown...
- cDNA cloning and localization of a band 3-related protein from ileumA Chow
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Am J Physiol 263:G345-52. 1992..The deduced amino acid sequence is 95% identical to murine renal AE2, indicating that ileal B3RP is rabbit AE2...
- Regulation of AE2 Cl-/HCO3- exchanger during intestinal developmentA Chow
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA achow bimcore emory edu
Am J Physiol 271:G330-7. 1996The Na(+)-independent Cl-/HCO3- exchangers in many tissues are encoded by AE2, which is a member of the anion-exchanger (AE) gene family. Molecular regulation of AE2 remains mostly unknown...
- Expression of the Na+/H+ and Cl-/HCO-3 exchanger isoforms in proximal and distal human airwaysP K Dudeja
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago and Westside Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Physiol 276:L971-8. 1999..Our results demonstrated that NHE1, AE2, and brain AE3 isoforms were expressed in all regions of the human airways, whereas NHE2, NHE3, AE1, and cardiac ..
- Immunolocalization of anion exchanger AE2 and Na(+)-HCO(-)(3) cotransporter in rat parotid and submandibular glandsE Roussa
Departments of Anatomy, Medical Faculty, University of Saarland, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Am J Physiol 277:G1288-96. 1999..We investigated localization of Cl(-)/HCO(-)(3) exchanger isoform AE2 and of Na(+)-HCO(-)(3) cotransporter (NBC) in rat parotid gland (PAR) and submandibular gland (SMG) by immunoblot ..
- Regulation of intracellular pH in Calu-3 human airway cellsS K Inglis
Lung Membrane Transport Group, Tayside Institute of Child Health, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
J Physiol 538:527-39. 2002..RT-PCR detected the expression of the electrogenic Na(+)-HCO(3)(-) cotransporter NBC1 and the Cl(-)-HCO(3)(-) exchanger (AE2) but not the electroneutral Na(+)-HCO(3)(-) cotransporter NBCn1.
- [A structure-activity study of a catalytic antiidiotypic antibody to the human erythrocyte acetylcholinesterase]E S Aleksandrova
Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, GSP Moscow, 117997 Russia
Bioorg Khim 28:118-25. 2002The catalytic monoclonal antibody 9A8 (MA 9A8), antiidiotypic to the antibody AE-2 (MA AE2) produced to the active site of acetyl cholinesterase from human erythrocytes, was subjected to a structure-function study...
- Regulation of AE2-mediated Cl- transport by intracellular or by extracellular pH requires highly conserved amino acid residues of the AE2 NH2-terminal cytoplasmic domainA K Stewart
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Molecular Medicine and Renal Units, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Gen Physiol 120:707-22. 2002We reported recently that regulation by intracellular pH (pH(i)) of the murine Cl-/HCO(3)(-) exchanger AE2 requires amino acid residues 310-347 of the polypeptide's NH(2)-terminal cytoplasmic domain...
- Keratinization of the epidermis of the Australian lungfish Neoceratodus forsteri (dipnoi)Lorenzo Alibardi
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Morphol 256:13-22. 2003..In the adult epidermis, but not in that of the larva, the AE2 antibody (a marker of keratinization in mammalian epidermis) often immunolabels more heavily the external ..
- Agonist-induced coordinated trafficking of functionally related transport proteins for water and ions in cholangiocytesPamela S Tietz
Center for Basic Research in Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Medical School, Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 278:20413-9. 2003..revealed enrichment in these vesicles of not only AQP1 but also cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator (CFTR) and AE2, a Cl- channel and a Cl-/HCO3- exchanger, respectively...
- Targeting of the AE2 anion exchanger to the Golgi apparatus is cell type-dependent and correlates with the expression of Ank(195), a Golgi membrane skeletal proteinKatja Holappa
University of Oulu, Department of Biochemistry, PO Box 3000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
FEBS Lett 546:257-64. 2003..Here, we report that targeting can also be cell type-specific. We show that the full-length AE2 protein and its green fluorescent protein- or DsRed-tagged variants localize predominantly either to the Golgi ..
- Bicarbonate-dependent superoxide release and pulmonary artery toneEva Nozik-Grayck
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H2327-35. 2003..We have shown that the bicarbonate (HCO3-)-chloride anion exchange protein (AE2) expressed in the lung also exchanges O2-* for HCO3-...
- Slc26a6: a cardiac chloride-hydroxyl exchanger and predominant chloride-bicarbonate exchanger of the mouse heartBernardo V Alvarez
CIHR Membrane Protein Research Group, Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
J Physiol 561:721-34. 2004..In neonatal and adult myocardium, AE1 (Slc4a1), AE2 (Slc4a2), AE3 (Slc4a3) (AE3fl and AE3c variants), Slc26a3 and Slc26a6 were expressed...
- Regulation of the Cl-/HCO3- exchanger AE2 in rat thick ascending limb of Henle's loop in response to changes in acid-base and sodium balanceFabienne Quentin
Unité INSERM 356, Institut de Recherche des Cordeliers, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2988-97. 2004The Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger AE2 is believed to be involved in transcellular bicarbonate reabsorption that occurs in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loop (TAL)...
- Dapsone impairs the bile salt-independent fraction of bile flow in rats: Possible involvement of its N-hydroxylated metaboliteLuis M Veggi
Instituto de Fisiologia Experimental, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, CONICET, U N R, Suipacha 570, 2000 Rosario, Argentina
Toxicology 211:97-106. 2005..was associated with a diminished (-37%) expression of the HCO(3)(-) canalicular transporter, anion exchanger 2 (AE2), detected by western blotting...
- Bicarbonate exporting transporters in the ovine ruminal epitheliumS Bilk
Institute of Veterinary Physiology, Leipzig University, An den Tierkliniken 7, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Comp Physiol B 175:365-74. 2005..Using RT-PCR and subsequent sequencing, expression of mRNA encoding for AE2, DRA and PAT1 could be found...
- Bicarbonate-rich choleresis induced by secretin in normal rat is taurocholate-dependent and involves AE2 anion exchangerJesus M Banales
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Division of Gene Therapy and Hepatology, University of Navarra School of Medicine, Clinica Universitaria and CIMA, Pamplona, Spain
Hepatology 43:266-75. 2006..RNA adenoviral constructs were used to demonstrate the involvement of the Na+-independent anion exchanger 2 (AE2) through gene silencing in normal rat cholangiocytes...
- Transmembrane domain histidines contribute to regulation of AE2-mediated anion exchange by pHA K Stewart
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, E RW763, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C909-18. 2007Activity of the AE2/SLC4A2 anion exchanger is modulated acutely by pH, influencing the transporter's role in regulation of intracellular pH (pH(i)) and epithelial solute transport...
- Functional and molecular characterization of the fluid secretion mechanism in human parotid acinar cellsTetsuji Nakamoto
The Center for Oral Biology in the Aab Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R2380-90. 2007..and paired DIDS-sensitive Cl-/HCO3- and EIPA-sensitive Na+/H+ exchangers that correlated with expression of NKCC1, AE2, and NHE1 transcripts, respectively...
- Molecular and functional expression of anion exchangers in cultured normal human nasal epithelial cellsJ H Shin
The Airway Mucus Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 191:99-110. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the regulation of AE mRNA expression level in accordance with mucociliary differentiation and the functional expression of AEs cultured normal human nasal epithelial (NHNE) cells...
- Anion exchanger inhibitor DIDS induces human poorly-differentiated malignant hepatocellular carcinoma HA22T cell apoptosisChung Jung Liu
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Medical College, Chung Shan Medical University, No 110, sect 1, Chen Kuo N Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biochem 308:117-25. 2008..Recently, we found that anion exchanger 2 (AE2) was significantly expressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and in poorly-differentiated human HCC HA22T/..
- Main bronchus occlusion for treatment of congenital diaphragmatic hernia in fetal lambsJean Marc Biard
The Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment at the Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, PA 19104 4399, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:620-6. 2008....
- When lightning strikes twice: the plot thickens for a dual role of the anion exchanger 2 (AE2/SLC4A2) in the pathogenesis and treatment of primary biliary cirrhosisPeter Fickert
Laboratory of Experimental and Molecular Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Graz Medicine, Auenbruggerplatz Graz, Austria
J Hepatol 50:633-5. 2009Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) anion exchanger 2 (AE2) is involved in intracellular pH (pH(i)) regulation and transepithelial acid-base transport, including secretin-stimulated biliary bicarbonate excretion...
- Morphological and functional heterogeneity of the mouse intrahepatic biliary epitheliumShannon S Glaser
Scott and White Digestive Diseases Research Center, Temple, TX, USA
Lab Invest 89:456-69. 2009..fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), and chloride bicarbonate anion exchanger 2 (Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) AE2) by immunofluorescence and western blot; and intracellular cyclic adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate (cAMP) levels and ..
- Protective effects of DIDS against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury in ratsWei Zhao
Key Laboratory of Cell Differentiation and Apoptosis of Chinese Ministry of Education, Institutes of Medical Sciences, Department of Pathology, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 41:301-8. 2009..acid (DIDS) is an efficient anion exchanger inhibitor that can block the activities of anion exchanger 2 (AE2), which plays an indispensable role in gastric acid secretion...
- The pathogenesis of primary biliary cirrhosisJ A Solis Herruzo
Department of Digestive Medicine, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 101:413-23. 2009..The AE2 anion exchanger, which is deficient in patients with PBC, may reduce the number and activity of regulatory T cells...
- Surveillance of equine respiratory viruses in OntarioAndrés Diaz-Mendez
Department of Clinical Studies, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Can J Vet Res 74:271-8. 2010..Sera were paired and tested for antibody to equine influenza 1 (AE1-H7N7), equine influenza 2 (AE2-H3N8), equine herpesvirus 1 and 4 (EHV1 and EHV4), and equine rhinitis A and B (ERAV and ERBV)...
- Neuropathology and craniofacial lesions of osteopetrotic Red Angus calvesD O'Toole
Department of Veterinary Sciences, 1174 Snowy Range Road, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82070, USA
Vet Pathol 49:746-54. 2012..Six affected aborted or stillborn calves were homozygous for the recently characterized deletion mutation in SLC4A2. Four affected calves were heterozygous for the SLC4A2 mutation and survived 1 to 7 days after birth...
- Multipotent stem/progenitor cells in human biliary tree give rise to hepatocytes, cholangiocytes, and pancreatic isletsVincenzo Cardinale
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, Biomedical Engineering, Program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, UNC School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Hepatology 54:2159-72. 2011..express albumin, CYP3A4, and transferrin), branching ducts of cholangiocytes (expressing anion exchanger-2-AE2 and CFTR), or regulatable C-peptide secreting neoislet-like clusters (expressing glucagon, insulin) and accompanied ..
- Alveolar epithelial type II cells and their microenvironment in the caveolin-1-deficient mouseKristina Jung
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 295:196-200. 2012..Interestingly, alveolar epithelial type II (AE2) cells that are progenitors of the AE1 cells do not express Cav-1...
- Guanylin and functional coupling proteins in the hepatobiliary system of rat and guinea pigKaren Schwabe
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 137:589-97. 2012..cyclase C (Gucy2c), Proteinkinase GII (Pkrg2), CFTR and the solute carrier family 4, anion exchanger, member 2 (Slc4a2) in the hepatobiliary system of rat and guinea pig...
- Up-regulation of microRNA 506 leads to decreased Cl-/HCO3- anion exchanger 2 expression in biliary epithelium of patients with primary biliary cirrhosisJesus M Banales
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Division of Gene Therapy and Hepatology, School of Medicine and Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Spain
Hepatology 56:687-97. 2012..AE2/SLC4A2 gene expression is reduced in liver and blood mononuclear cells from patients with primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)...
- Basolateral chloride loading by the anion exchanger type 2: role in fluid secretion by the human airway epithelial cell line Calu-3Junwei Huang
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montr eal, QC, Canada
J Physiol 590:5299-316. 2012Anion exchanger type 2 (AE2 or SLC4A2) is an electroneutral Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger expressed at the basolateral membrane of many epithelia. It is thought to participate in fluid secretion by airway epithelia...
- Suppression of mammalian bone growth by membrane transport inhibitorsMohamad Y Loqman
Centre for Integrative Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, George Square, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biochem 114:658-68. 2013..We investigated the role of the Na(+)/H(+) antiporter (NHE1) and anion exchanger (AE2) in bone lengthening and GP chondrocyte hypertrophy in Sprague-Dawley 7-day-old rat (P7) bone rudiments using the ..
- GABA induces the differentiation of small into large cholangiocytes by activation of Ca(2+) /CaMK I-dependent adenylyl cyclase 8Romina Mancinelli
Department of Anatomical, Histological, Forensic Medicine and Orthopedics Sciences, University Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Hepatology 58:251-63. 2013..of cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator (CFTR), Cl(-) /HCO3 (-) (apex) anion exchanger 2 (Cl(-) /HCO3 (-) AE2), and adenylyl cyclase (AC)8 (proteins regulating large biliary functions) and (2) proliferate in response to bile ..
- Anion exchanger 2 is critical for CD8(+) T cells to maintain pHi homeostasis and modulate immune responsesAxel R Concepcion
Center for Applied Medical Research CIMA, Clinic and School of Medicine University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain CIBERehd, the Carlos III Institute of Health, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Immunol 44:1341-51. 2014..could result in immune dysfunctions, as suggested by the CD8(+) T-cell expansion encountered in mice lacking Ae2 (a widely expressed acid loader with electroneutral and Na(+) -independent Cl(-) /HCO3 (-) anion-exchange activity)...
- Esophageal desalination is mediated by Na⁺, H⁺ exchanger-2 in the gulf toadfish (Opsanus beta)Andrew J Esbaugh
University of Texas at Austin, Marine Science Institute, Austin, TX 78373, USA Electronic address
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 171:57-63. 2014..Hypersalinity (60 ppt) had no effect on the expression profile of NHE2, slc4a2, scl26a6, CAc or V-type ATPase (β-subunit), suggesting that esophageal desalination is less flexible in response ..
- Population genetic analyses of Helicobacter pylori isolates from Gambian adults and childrenOusman Secka
Vaccinology, Medical Research Council Unit, Fajara, The Gambia
PLoS ONE 9:e109466. 2014..Instead, admixture of 17% from Ancestral Europe2 (AE2) was detected in Gambian strains; this population predominates in Nilo-Saharan speakers of North-East Africa, and ..
- The murine Cl⁻/HCO⁻₃ exchanger Ae3 (Slc4a3) is not required for acid-base balance but is involved in magnesium handling by the kidneyNicole B Kampik
Institute of Physiology and the Zurich Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Physiol Biochem 34:1566-77. 2014..Among them are Ae1 (Slc4a1) and Ae2 (Slc4a2)...
- Amelogenins as potential buffers during secretory-stage amelogenesisJ Guo
Department of Oral Cell Biology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam, MOVE Research Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Dent Res 94:412-20. 2015..Ameloblasts were immunostained for anion exchanger-2 (Ae2), a transmembrane pH regulator sensitive for acid that secretes bicarbonate in exchange for chloride...
- Null mutation of chloride channel 7 (Clcn7) impairs dental root formation but does not affect enamel mineralizationJing Guo
Department Oral Cell Biology, Academic Center of Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, University of Amsterdam and VU University of Amsterdam, MOVE Research Institute, Gustav Mahlerlaan 3004, 1081 LA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Tissue Res 363:361-70. 2016..In Clcn7(-/-) mice maturation ameloblasts and osteoclasts highly expressed Ae2 as in wild-type mice. However, teeth failed to erupt, incisors were much shorter and roots were disfigured...
- The Foreign Body Giant Cell Cannot Resorb Bone, But Dissolves Hydroxyapatite Like OsteoclastsBas Ten Harkel
Department of Oral Cell Biology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, MOVE Research Institute, University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 10:e0139564. 2015..g., anion exchange protein 2 (AE2), carbonic anhydrase 2 (CAII), chloride channel 7 (CIC7), and vacuolar-type H+-ATPase (v-ATPase)), ..
- Cellular chloride and bicarbonate retention alters intracellular pH regulation in Cftr KO crypt epitheliumNancy M Walker
Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri and
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 310:G70-80. 2016..base (HCO3 (-))-loading proteins and upregulation of the basolateral membrane HCO3 (-)-unloader anion exchanger 2 (Ae2)...
- Staining histological lung sections with Sudan Black B or Sudan III for automated identification of alveolar epithelial type II cellsJan Philipp Schneider
Institute of Functional and Applied Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strase 1, Hannover 30625, Germany Biomedical Research in Endstage and Obstructive Lung Disease Hannover BREATH, Member of the German Center for Lung Research DZL, Hannover, Germany REBIRTH Cluster of Excellence, Hannover, Germany Electronic address
Acta Histochem 117:675-80. 2015Alveolar epithelial type II (AE2) cells produce, store and secrete pulmonary surfactant and serve as progenitor cells for the alveolar epithelium. They are thus an interesting target in wide fields of pulmonary research...
- Associations of human erythrocyte band 4.2. Binding to ankyrin and to the cytoplasmic domain of band 3C Korsgren
Department of Biomedical Research, St Elizabeth s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02135
J Biol Chem 263:10212-8. 1988..2 with band 4.1. Our results show that band 4.2 can form multiple associations with red cell membrane proteins and may therefore play an as yet unrecognized structural role on the membrane...
- Anion exchanger immunoreactivity in human salivary glands in health and Sjögren's syndromeJ J Vazquez
Department of Histology and Pathology, Medical School, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Am J Pathol 146:1422-32. 1995..glands from normal subjects and patients with Sjögren's syndrome, using two monoclonal antibodies against AE1 and AE2. Normal salivary glands showed AE2 immunoreactivity, which was restricted to the epithelium of the ducts, with no ..
- Identification of the carbonic anhydrase II binding site in the Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) anion exchanger AE1J W Vince
Medical Research Council Group in Membrane Biology, Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry, Room 7344, Medical Sciences Building, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada M5S 1A8
Biochemistry 39:5527-33. 2000..A GST-Ct construct mutated to D887ANE, the homologous sequence in AE2, could bind CAII...
- FUNCTION & REGULATION OF GASTRIC NA/K/2CL COTRANSPORTERSChristian Lytle; Fiscal Year: 2002..The migration-associated expression of NKCC is topologically correlated with loses of Cl/HCO3 exchanger (AE2) and H,K-ATPase activity, and with expression of aquaporin-4 water channels...
- Genetic Models for Disorders of Acid-Base TransportGARY EDWARD SHULL; Fiscal Year: 2013..in stomach and maintenance of parietal cell (PC) viability will be analyzed by testing the hypotheses that AE2 is the major basolateral Cl/HCO3 exchanger that balances HCl secretion;that AE2 is coupled with the basolateral ..
- MICHAEL LANSDELL PAINE; Fiscal Year: 2014..SA 4 will identify pH-responsive elements in the promoter regions of human SLC4A2 (AE2), CFTR, SLC4A4 (NBCe1)...
- Julia F Charles; Fiscal Year: 2015..eluded identification until our recent report showing Solute carrier family 4, anion exchanger, member 2 (Slc4a2, Ae2) is absolutely required for osteoclast activity during development...
- AE2 CI/HCO3 Exchanger and Transepithelial Ion TransportLARA GAWENIS; Fiscal Year: 2005The overall goal of this research is to determine the physiological role of the AE2 anion exchanger in epithelial cells that line the colon and biliary system...
- MECHANISMS OF ANION TRANSPORT IN SALIVARY GLANDSJames E Melvin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Biochemical and functional studies proposed in Aim 3 will test whether the CIVHCOy exchanger Ae2, which is critical to the fluid secretion process, is part of a regulatory "HCO3" transport metabolon...
- Mouse Models for Ion Homeostasis Defects in HeartGary E Shull; Fiscal Year: 2010Our objective is to understand the mechanisms by which the NHE1 Na/H exchanger and the AE1, AE2, AE3, and PAT1 (Slc4a1-3 and Slc26a6) Cl/HCO3 exchangers affect cardiac Ca handling, contractility, and metabolism...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF MAMMALIAN ANION TRANSPORTRon Kopito; Fiscal Year: 2000..2) To determine the molecular mechanisms of AE2/AE3 regulation...
- STUDIES OF A NEWLY DISCOVERED HUMAN IGG FC RECEPTORR Looney; Fiscal Year: 1990..from the studies of another laboratory suggesting that some FcGammaRs are intimately associted with phospholipase AE2 activity. We will evaluate the association of PLA2 activity and the 40 Kd FcGammaR...
- MODELS FOR GENETIC DISORDERS OF ACID-BASE TRANSPORTGARY SHULL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 1 of this proposal is to develop null mutant mice for the NHE4 Na/H exchanger, the AE2 and DRA C1/HCO3 exchangers, the NBC1 Na/HCOs cotransporter, and the C1C-2 Cl channel, and to perform the initial ..
- Colonic Crypt HCO3 SecretionHENRY BINDER; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe AE2 encodes this Cl-HCO3 exchange and have cloned a full-length cDNA with 90 percent homology to gastric AE2 and ..
- RBC Ion Transporters as Hemoglobinopathy Risk ModifiersSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed experiments will increase understanding of sickle cell disease and thalassemia by providing mouse models for genetic tests of new drug therapies under development for near-term clinical testing. ..
- ION CHANNEL REGULATION BY THE CYTOPLASMIC TAIL OF PDK1Seth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will search for novel interacting proteins, and prepare protein suitable for structural analysis. ..
- MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY OF BAND 3 LIKE PROTEINS OF KIDNEYSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2007..Deficiencies of AE2 or AE3 activity have yet to be defined...
- Sickle Red Cell K+ Transporter Genetics in S. cerevisiaeSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2002..3) (Provisional Aim): Time permitting, to improve, validate, and standardize growth rescue of trk1delta/trk2delta S. cerevisiae by expression in nonpermissive conditions of cDNA encoding the mammalian IK1 K(ca) channel. ..
- Modulation of NHE Activity by EPEC InfectionPradeep Dudeja; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings may aid in the future development of improved therapeutic modalities for infectious diarrhea. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Apical CI/OH-/HCO3-exchanger in kidney and GI tractManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2007..They should further facilitate future investigations into the role of this transporter in pathophysiologic states affecting electrolyte and acid-base homeostasis. ..
- Polyamine metabolism in heart and kidney ischemic injuryManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF COLONIC H-K-ATPASE IN THE KIDNEYManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2001..Insight into regulation of cHKA will significantly enhance our knowledge on a variety of pathologic conditions associated with electrolyte and acid-base abnormalities. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF NA-DEPENDENT HCO3-TRANSPORTERSManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2001..Insight into regulation and gene structure of Na-coupled HCO3 transporters should enhance our knowledge on cell regulation and acid-base homeostasis. ..