Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC30A10
Description: solute carrier family 30 member 10
Alias: HMDPC, HMNDYT1, ZNT10, ZNT8, ZRC1, ZnT-10, zinc transporter 10, zinc transporter 8
Publications163 found, 100 shown here
- Mutations in SLC30A10 cause parkinsonism and dystonia with hypermanganesemia, polycythemia, and chronic liver diseaseMarialuisa Quadri
Department of Clinical Genetics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 90:467-77. 2012..We localized the genetic defect by homozygosity mapping and then identified two different homozygous frameshift SLC30A10 mutations, segregating with disease...
- Syndrome of hepatic cirrhosis, dystonia, polycythemia, and hypermanganesemia caused by mutations in SLC30A10, a manganese transporter in manKarin Tuschl
Clinical and Molecular Genetics Unit, University College London Institute of Child Health, UK
Am J Hum Genet 90:457-66. 2012..Whole-genome mapping of two consanguineous families identified SLC30A10 as the affected gene in this inherited type of hypermanganesemia...
- Efflux function, tissue-specific expression and intracellular trafficking of the Zn transporter ZnT10 indicate roles in adult Zn homeostasisHelen J Bosomworth
Human Nutrition Research Centre, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, UK
Metallomics 4:771-9. 2012..Little is known about the role and expression pattern of ZnT10; however in silico data predict restricted expression to foetal tissue...
- Predictive power of screening for antibodies against insulinoma-associated protein 2 beta (IA-2beta) and zinc transporter-8 to select first-degree relatives of type 1 diabetic patients with risk of rapid progression to clinical onset of the disease: impliJ De Grijse
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 53:517-24. 2010..for insulinoma-associated protein (IA-2) beta (IA-2beta) autoantibodies (IA-2betaA) and zinc transporter-8 (ZnT8) autoantibodies (ZnT8A) improves identification of first-degree relatives of type 1 diabetic patients with a high 5-..
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae vacuole in zinc storage and intracellular zinc distributionClaudia Simm
Department of Nutritional Sciences, 1415 Linden Drive, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Eukaryot Cell 6:1166-77. 2007..While the Zrc1 and Cot1 zinc transporters are essential for zinc uptake into the vacuole under steady-state growth conditions, ..
- Association between anti-ZnT8 autoantibody specificities and SLC30A8 Arg325Trp variant in Japanese patients with type 1 diabetesE Kawasaki
Department of Metabolism Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Nagasaki University Hospital of Medicine and Dentistry, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki, 852 8501, Japan
Diabetologia 51:2299-302. 2008We analysed the association between humoral autoreactivity to zinc transporter-8 (ZnT8) and the SLC30A8 rs13266634 polymorphism (Arg325Trp), which is located at the most distal loop in the ZnT8 protein.
- Autoantibodies to zinc transporter 8 and SLC30A8 genotype stratify type 1 diabetes riskP Achenbach
Diabetes Research Institute of Forschergruppe Diabetes e V, Helmholtz Center Munich, Ingolstaedter Landstr 1, 85764, Neuherberg, Germany
Diabetologia 52:1881-8. 2009Our aim was to determine the relationships between autoantibodies to zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8), genotypes of the ZnT8-encoding gene SLC30A8 and type 1 diabetes risk.
- Three DNA methylation epigenotypes in human colorectal cancerKoichi Yagi
Genome Science Division, Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, Translational Systems Biology and Medicine Initiative, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 16:21-33. 2010..Our aim is to clarify DNA methylation epigenotypes of colorectal cancer more comprehensively...
- Emergence of anti-islet autoantibodies in Japanese patients with type 1 diabetesIchiro Horie
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Endocr J 57:623-8. 2010..With stored sera we retrospectively followed her anti-islet autoantibodies. GAD65Ab, zinc transporter 8 autoantibodies (ZnT8Ab) and insulin autoantibodies (IAA) were found to be positive at age 25...
- Clinical applications of diabetes antibody testingPolly J Bingley
Department of Clinical Science at North Bristol, Medical School Unit, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:25-33. 2010..Autoantibody assays are increasingly available to clinicians. This article reviews the prognostic significance of autoantibodies and considers the utility of diabetes antibody testing in routine clinical practice...
- Zinc status and vacuolar zinc transporters control alkaline phosphatase accumulation and activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeWei Qiao
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Microbiol 72:320-34. 2009..We also assessed which zinc transporters are responsible for supplying zinc to Pho8. We found that the Zrc1 and Cot1 vacuolar zinc transporters play the major role while the Msc2/Zrg17 zinc transporter complex active in the ..
- Insulin crystallization depends on zinc transporter ZnT8 expression, but is not required for normal glucose homeostasis in miceK Lemaire
Gene Expression Unit, Department Molecular Cell Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14872-7. 2009..In this study we assessed the role of the zinc transporter ZnT8 using ZnT8-knockout (ZnT8(-/-)) mice...
- ZnT8 autoantibody titers in type 1 diabetes patients decline rapidly after clinical onsetFariba Vaziri-Sani
Department of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital MAS, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Autoimmunity 43:598-606. 2010Autoantibodies to the islet-specific zinc transporter isoform 8 (ZnT8) are detected in the majority of type 1 diabetes patients prior to and at clinical diagnosis. The presence of ZnT8Ab after diagnosis has not been investigated...
- Downregulation of ZnT8 expression in pancreatic β-cells of diabetic miceMotoyuki Tamaki
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Islets 1:124-8. 2009b>Zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) has been identified as a β-cell-specific Zinc transporter expressed in insulin-secretory granules...
- Down-regulation of ZnT8 expression in INS-1 rat pancreatic beta cells reduces insulin content and glucose-inducible insulin secretionYi Fu
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5679. 2009The SLC30A8 gene codes for a pancreatic beta-cell-expressed zinc transporter, ZnT8. A polymorphism in the SLC30A8 gene is associated with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes, although the molecular mechanism through which this phenotype is ..
- The Arabidopsis metal tolerance protein AtMTP3 maintains metal homeostasis by mediating Zn exclusion from the shoot under Fe deficiency and Zn oversupplyStéphanie Arrivault
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Plant J 46:861-79. 2006..Heterologous expression of a previously uncharacterized Arabidopsis thaliana metal tolerance protein, MTP3, in the zrc1 cot1 mutant of budding yeast restores tolerance to, and cellular accumulation of, zinc and cobalt...
- Identification of a major humoral epitope in Slc30A8 (ZnT8)Janet M Wenzlau
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1150:252-5. 2008The human zinc transporter Slc30A8 (ZnT8) is a major target of humoral autoimmunity in human type 1A diabetes. However, despite extensive conservation, the majority of human autoimmune sera fail to recognize the murine ortholog...
- Novel antigens in type 1 diabetes: the importance of ZnT8Janet M Wenzlau
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, PO Box 6511, 1775 North Ursula Court, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Curr Diab Rep 9:105-12. 2009..b>ZnT8 was recently defined as a candidate autoantigen based on a -bioinformatics analysis focused on discovery of beta-..
- The diagnostic value of zinc transporter 8 autoantibody (ZnT8A) for type 1 diabetes in ChineseLin Yang
Diabetes Center, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 26:579-84. 2010Zinc transporter-8 (ZnT8) was recently identified as a novel autoantigen in human type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- Defects in the yeast high affinity iron transport system result in increased metal sensitivity because of the increased expression of transporters with a broad transition metal specificityL Li
Division of Immunology and Cell Biology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Biol Chem 273:22181-7. 1998..Multiple copies of transition metal transporter resistance genes, such as COT1 or ZRC1, do not reduce the metal sensitivity of fet3 mutations...
- Rck1 and Rck2 MAPKAP kinases and the HOG pathway are required for oxidative stress resistanceElizabeth Bilsland
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lundberg Laboratory, Goteborg University, PO Box 462, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 53:1743-56. 2004..We identify the transcription factor Yap2 as a putative target for Rck1, and the Zn2+ transporter Zrc1 as a target for Rck2...
- New antigenic targets in type 1 diabetesJanet M Wenzlau
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 15:315-20. 2008..We examine the hypothesis that the cell specificity and cellular localization of this granule membrane protein are significant factors in its contribution to the pathogenesis of these diseases...
- AtHMA3, a P1B-ATPase allowing Cd/Zn/Co/Pb vacuolar storage in ArabidopsisMelanie Morel
l Energie Atomique, DSV, IBEB, Lab Echanges Membran and Signalisation, Saint Paul lez Durance F 13108, France
Plant Physiol 149:894-904. 2009..complement the cadmium/lead (Cd/Pb)-hypersensitive strain ycf1 but not the zinc (Zn)-hypersensitive strain zrc1. In this study, we demonstrate that AtHMA3 in planta is located in the vacuolar membrane, with a high expression ..
- A combined zinc/cadmium sensor and zinc/cadmium export regulator in a heavy metal pumpLone Baekgaard
Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology, Centre for Membrane Pumps in Cells and Disease, PUMPKIN, Danish National Research Foundation, University of Copenhagen, Thorvaldsensvej 40, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 285:31243-52. 2010..When AtHMA4 is expressed in a Zn(2+)-sensitive zrc1 cot1 yeast strain, sequential removal of the histidine stretch and the cysteine pairs confers a gradual increase in ..
- Two genes encoding Arabidopsis halleri MTP1 metal transport proteins co-segregate with zinc tolerance and account for high MTP1 transcript levelsDörthe B Dräger
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Plant J 39:425-39. 2004..Zn transporter (ZAT)/AtMTP1 metal-specifically complement the zinc hypersensitivity of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae zrc1 cot1 mutant strain...
- SlC30A8 is a major target of humoral autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes and a predictive marker in prediabetesJanet M Wenzlau
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1150:256-9. 2008..The highest ranking candidate was Slc30A8 (zinc transporter 8; ZnT8), which was screened by radioimmunoprecipitation assays against new-onset T1D and prediabetic sera...
- Zinc, a regulator of islet function and glucose homeostasisN Wijesekara
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Diabetes Obes Metab 11:202-14. 2009..been reiterated by genomewide association studies that identified an islet cell membrane zinc transporter, SLC30A8 (ZnT8), as one of the risk loci for type 2 diabetes...
- Think zinc: New roles for zinc in the control of insulin secretionGuy A Rutter
Department of Cell Biology, Imperial College London, UK
Islets 2:49-50. 2010Genome wide association studies have identified the islet-restricted zinc transporter ZnT8 (SLC30A8) as a likely player in the control of insulin secretion and the risk of developing type 2 diabetes...
- Genetic association of zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) autoantibodies in type 1 diabetes casesJ M M Howson
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Department of Medical Genetics, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Diabetologia 55:1978-84. 2012Autoantibodies to zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8A) are associated with risk of type 1 diabetes. Apart from the SLC30A8 gene itself, little is known about the genetic basis of ZnT8A...
- The physiological effects of deleting the mouse SLC30A8 gene encoding zinc transporter-8 are influenced by gender and genetic backgroundLynley D Pound
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e40972. 2012..We therefore sought to remove the conflicting effect of 129SvEv-specific modifier genes...
- Triple specificity of ZnT8 autoantibodies in relation to HLA and other islet autoantibodies in childhood and adolescent type 1 diabetesC Andersson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University CRC, Skåne University Hospital SUS, Malmo, Sweden
Pediatr Diabetes 14:97-105. 2013To establish the diagnostic sensitivity of and the relationships between autoantibodies to all three Zinc transporter 8 (Zinc transporter 8 autoantibody to either one, two, or all three amino acid variants at position 325, ZnT8A) variants ..
- Antigenicity and epitope specificity of ZnT8 autoantibodies in type 1 diabetesH Skärstrand
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Skåne University Hospital SUS, Malmo, Sweden
Scand J Immunol 77:21-9. 2013..rs13266634 encodes either an Arginine (R) or a Tryptophan (W) (R325W) at the amino acid position 325 in the Zinc Transporter 8 (ZnT8) protein...
- Screening for insulinoma antigen 2 and zinc transporter 8 autoantibodies: a cost-effective and age-independent strategy to identify rapid progressors to clinical onset among relatives of type 1 diabetic patientsF K Gorus
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Exp Immunol 171:82-90. 2013..patients, we investigated whether diabetes risk assessment solely based on insulinoma antigen 2 (IA-2) and zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) antibody status (IA-2A, respectively, ZnT8A) is as effective as screening for three or four ..
- Zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) expression is reduced by ischemic insults: a potential therapeutic target to prevent ischemic retinopathyMichael Deniro
Research Department, King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital Affiliate of the Wilmer Eye Institute of the Johns Hopkins Medicine, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
PLoS ONE 7:e50360. 2012The zinc (Zn(++)) transporter ZnT8 plays a crucial role in zinc homeostasis...
- Adult-onset autoimmune diabetes in Europe is prevalent with a broad clinical phenotype: Action LADA 7Mohammed I Hawa
Blizard Institute, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Diabetes Care 36:908-13. 2013..g., with latent autoimmune diabetes (LADA). We aimed to characterize adult-onset autoimmune diabetes...
- Immune therapy in type 1 diabetes mellitusAke Lernmark
Lund University, Department of Clinical Sciences, Skåne University Hospital SUS, Malmo, Sweden ake lernmark med lu se
Nat Rev Endocrinol 9:92-103. 2013..Autoantibodies against insulin, GAD65, IA-2 or the ZnT8 transporter mark islet autoimmunity...
- ZIP4 is a novel molecular marker for gliomaYi Lin
The Vivian L Smith Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Neuro Oncol 15:1008-16. 2013..Dysregulated zinc transport has been observed in many cancers. However, the status of zinc homeostasis and the expression profile of zinc transporters in brain and brain tumors have not been reported...
- In antibody-positive first-degree relatives of patients with type 1 diabetes, HLA-A*24 and HLA-B*18, but not HLA-B*39, are predictors of impending diabetes with distinct HLA-DQ interactionsE Mbunwe
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetologia 56:1964-70. 2013..whether typing for HLA-B*18 and -B*39 may complement screening for HLA-DQ8, -DQ2 and -A*24 and autoantibodies (Abs) against islet antigen-2 (IA-2) and zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) for predicting rapid progression to hyperglycaemia.
- Complex multi-block analysis identifies new immunologic and genetic disease progression patterns associated with the residual β-cell function 1 year after diagnosis of type 1 diabetesMarie Louise Max Andersen
Department of Pediatrics, Herlev Hospital, Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 8:e64632. 2013..0004), and with risk alleles of WFS1, CDKN2A/2B and RNLS (P = 0.006). (2) A second pattern of high ZnT8 autoantibody levels and low postprandial glucagon levels associated with risk alleles of IFIH1, TCF2, TAF5L, IL2RA ..
- Neuropeptide Y autoantibodies in patients with long-term type 1 and type 2 diabetes and neuropathyHanna Skärstrand
Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmo, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Sweden Electronic address
J Diabetes Complications 27:609-17. 2013..We aimed to develop a radiobinding assay for NPY-L (Leucine) and NPY-P (Proline) autoantibodies (A) to study the levels and the association with other islet autoantibodies and neuropathy...
- GAD65 autoantibodies detected by electrochemiluminescence assay identify high risk for type 1 diabetesDongmei Miao
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado
Diabetes 62:4174-8. 2013..followed to T1D; 130 nondiabetic children with confirmed islet autoantibodies to insulin, GAD65, IA-2, and/or ZnT8 longitudinally followed for 12 ± 3.7 years; and 181 age-matched, healthy, antibody-negative children...
- Manganese and the brainKarin Tuschl
Clinical and Molecular Genetics Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom Electronic address
Int Rev Neurobiol 110:277-312. 2013..The recent discovery of SLC30A10 as a crucial Mn transporter in humans has shed further light on our understanding of Mn transport across the cell...
- Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetesJason Flannick
1 Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA 2 Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 3 Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 46:357-63. 2014..groups, we identified 12 rare protein-truncating variants in SLC30A8, which encodes an islet zinc transporter (ZnT8) and harbors a common variant (p.Trp325Arg) associated with T2D risk and glucose and proinsulin levels...
- Zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) and β cell functionHoward W Davidson
Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA Integrated Department of Immunology, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA Electronic address
Trends Endocrinol Metab 25:415-24. 2014..Uptake of zinc into secretory granules is mainly mediated by zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8), the product of the SLC30A8 [solute carrier family 30 (zinc transporter), member 8] gene...
- MafA is required for postnatal proliferation of pancreatic β-cellsKoki Eto
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Diabetes Research Center, Research Institute, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e104184. 2014..revealed MafA is required for the expression of several molecules critical for β-cell function, including Glut2, ZnT8, Granuphilin, Vdr, Pcsk1 and Urocortin 3, as well as Prolactin receptor (Prlr) and its downstream target Cyclin D2 (..
- Zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) autoantibody epitope specificity and affinity examined with recombinant ZnT8 variant proteins in specific ZnT8R and ZnT8W autoantibody-positive type 1 diabetes patientsH Skärstrand
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Clin Exp Immunol 179:220-9. 2015Variant-specific zinc transporter 8 autoantibodies (ZnT8A) against either arginine (R) or tryptophan (W) at amino acid (aa) position 325 of the zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) has been identified in type 1 diabetes (T1D) patients...
- GADA and anti-ZnT8 complicate the outcome of phenotypic type 2 diabetes of adultsKadri Haller-Kikkatalo
Department of Immunology, Institute of Biomedicine and Translational Medicine, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia Competence Centre on Health Technologies, Tartu, Estonia Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Eur J Clin Invest 45:255-62. 2015..This study determined whether the presence of pancreatic autoantibodies (GADA, IA-2A, anti-ZnT8, or ICA) was associated with serious complications or concomitant diseases of adult patients diagnosed with T2D (N =..
- Characterization of Zinc Influx Transporters (ZIPs) in Pancreatic β Cells: ROLES IN REGULATING CYTOSOLIC ZINC HOMEOSTASIS AND INSULIN SECRETIONYing Liu
From the Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada and
J Biol Chem 290:18757-69. 2015..Mutations in the zinc efflux transport protein ZnT8 have been linked with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, further supporting an important role for zinc in glucose ..
- A current review for biological monitoring of manganese with exposure, susceptibility, and response biomarkersGyuri Kim
a Research Center for Cell Fate Control, Department of Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Environ Sci Health C Environ Carcinog Ecotoxicol Rev 33:229-54. 2015..susceptible population, effects of genetic polymorphisms of metabolic enzymes or transporters (CYP2D6, PARK9, SLC30A10, etc.), alterations of the Mn-responsive proteins (i.e...
- Genome-wide association study of toxic metals and trace elements reveals novel associationsEsther Ng
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Hum Mol Genet 24:4739-45. 2015..2 × 10(-14), β = -0.46). The SNP lies within the intronic region of SLC30A10, another transporter protein. Among other metals, the loci 6q14.1 and 3q26...
- Lack of humoral response against Helicobacter pylori peptides homologous to human ZnT8 in Hashimoto's thyroiditis patientsSperanza Masala
University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
J Infect Dev Ctries 9:631-4. 2015..Quite a few lines of evidence indicate that autoantibodies against several epitopes belonging to human zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) cross-recognize the homologous MAP3865c epitopes in both T1D and HT patients...
- Risk Factors for Type 1 Diabetes Recurrence in Immunosuppressed Recipients of Simultaneous Pancreas-Kidney TransplantsF Vendrame
Diabetes Research Institute, Leonard Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL
Am J Transplant 16:235-45. 2016..Autoantibodies to the zinc transporter 8 had the strongest and closest temporal association with recurrence, which was not explained by genetically ..
- Lessons From Pancreas Transplantation in Type 1 Diabetes: Recurrence of Islet AutoimmunityGeorge W Burke
Miami Transplant Institute, 1801 NW 9th Ave, Highland Professional Building, Miami, FL, 33136, USA
Curr Diab Rep 15:121. 2015..transplant rejection; (2) the conversion of T1D-associated autoantibodies (to the autoantigens GAD65, IA-2, and ZnT8), preceding hyperglycemia by a variable length of time; and (3) the presence of autoreactive T cells in the ..
- Molecular Genetic Regulation of Slc30a8/ZnT8 Reveals a Positive Association With Glucose ToleranceRyan K Mitchell
Section of Cell Biology and Functional Genomics R K M, M H, P L C, M C C, G M, E A B, D J H, G A R, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Imperial Centre for Translational and Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom Electron Microscopy Unit R C, L M C, Francis Crick Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LY, United Kingdom and Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry W H L, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390
Mol Endocrinol 30:77-91. 2016b>Zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8), encoded by SLC30A8, is chiefly expressed within pancreatic islet cells, where it mediates zinc (Zn(2+)) uptake into secretory granules...
- Recognition of ZnT8, Proinsulin, and Homologous MAP Peptides in Sardinian Children at Risk of T1D Precedes Detection of Classical Islet AntibodiesMagdalena Niegowska
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sassari, 07100 Sassari, Italy
J Diabetes Res 2016:5842701. 2016..Recent studies suggest that detection of antibodies against ZnT8 protein in preclinical phase can predict the development of T1D...
- Identification of Tetraspanin-7 as a Target of Autoantibodies in Type 1 DiabetesKerry A McLaughlin
Diabetes Research Group, Division of Diabetes and Nutritional Sciences, King s College London, London, U K
Diabetes 65:1690-8. 2016..We identify tetraspanin-7 as a target of autoimmunity in diabetes, allowing its exploitation for diabetes prediction and immunotherapy. ..
- The prevalence and predictive value of the SLC30A8 R325W polymorphism and zinc transporter 8 autoantibodies in the development of GDM and postpartum type 1 diabetesJonatan Dereke
Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes Research Laboratory, Lund University, B11, BMC, 221 84, Lund, Sweden
Endocrine 53:740-6. 2016..Furthermore, we wanted to confirm the prevalence of zinc transporter 8 autoantibodies (ZnT8A), as previously reported, in a larger population and study its predictive value in ..
- Identification of Candidate Tolerogenic CD8(+) T Cell Epitopes for Therapy of Type 1 Diabetes in the NOD Mouse ModelCailin Yu
Department of Cell Biology, New York University Langone School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Diabetes Res 2016:9083103. 2016..CD8(+) T cell epitopes were identified in the murine homolog of the major human islet autoantigen zinc transporter ZnT8 (aa 158-166 and 282-290) and one in a non-β cell protein, dopamine β-hydroxylase (aa 233-241)...
- Genetic risk factors for type 1 diabetesFlemming Pociot
Department of Pediatrics, Herlev and Gentofte Hospital, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Lancet 387:2331-9. 2016..one of these autoantibody biomarkers, a second, third, or fourth autoantibody against either islet antigen-2 or the ZnT8 transporter might also appear...
- 3 Screen islet cell autoantibody ELISA: A sensitive and specific ELISA for the combined measurement of autoantibodies to GAD65, to IA-2 and to ZnT8Marie Amoroso
FIRS Laboratories, RSR Ltd, Parc Ty Glas, Llanishen, Cardiff CF14 5DU, UK
Clin Chim Acta 462:60-64. 20163 Screen, a new ELISA for the combined measurement of autoantibodies to GAD65, to IA-2 and to ZnT8, has been developed and evaluated...
- hZnT8 (Slc30a8) Transgenic Mice That Overexpress the R325W Polymorph Have Reduced Islet Zn2+ and Proinsulin Levels, Increased Glucose Tolerance After a High-Fat Diet, and Altered Levels of Pancreatic Zinc Binding ProteinsLi Li
Department of Ophthalmology and the Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA
Diabetes 66:551-559. 2017..The wild-type (WT) form of the β-cell-specific Zn2+ transporter, ZNT8, is linked to T2DM susceptibility...
- Induction of the ZRC1 metal tolerance gene in zinc-limited yeast confers resistance to zinc shockColin W MacDiarmid
Departments of Nutritional Sciences and Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biol Chem 278:15065-72. 2003..For this reason, intracellular zinc levels are tightly controlled. In the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the Zrc1 and Cot1 proteins have been implicated in the storage and detoxification of excess zinc in the vacuole...
- Distribution of zinc and zinc transporters in the mouse ovarian follicles and corpus luteumMan Li Zhong
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Institute of Endocrinology, Liaoning Provincial Key Laboratory of Endocrine Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, and Department of Pathophysiology, China Medical University, Shenyang, P R China
Histol Histopathol 28:1517-27. 2013..ZnT1-9 mRNA was variously expressed, whereas ZnT10 mRNA was almost undetectable in the ovary...
- Role of zinc in the regulation of autophagy during ethanol exposure in human hepatoma cellsJ P Liuzzi
Department of Dietetics and Nutrition, Florida International University, Miami, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 156:350-6. 2013..In addition, labile zinc and mRNA expression of metallothionein and the zinc transporters SLC39A8, SLC39A14, and SLC30A10 were evaluated in cells exposed to ethanol and the autophagy inhibitor 3-methyladenine...
- Biochemical properties of vacuolar zinc transport systems of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeColin W MacDiarmid
Departments of Nutritional Sciences and Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biol Chem 277:39187-94. 2002..One system we identified was dependent on the ZRC1 gene, which encodes a member of the cation diffusion facilitator family of metal transporters...
- Proinsulin/Insulin autoantibodies measured with electrochemiluminescent assay are the earliest indicator of prediabetic islet autoimmunityLiping Yu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 36:2266-70. 2013..We evaluated a novel electrochemiluminescent assay for insulin/proinsulin autoantibodies (ECL-IAA) as a new marker of the onset of islet autoimmunity and as a predictor of type 1 diabetes...
- iPSC-derived β cells model diabetes due to glucokinase deficiencyHaiqing Hua
The New York Stem Cell Foundation Laboratory, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 123:3146-53. 2013..comparable to that of controls and expressed markers of mature β cells, including urocortin-3 and zinc transporter 8, upon transplantation into mice...
- The Zrc1 is involved in zinc transport system between vacuole and cytosol in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeS Miyabe
Research Institute for Food Science, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto, 611 0011, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:79-83. 2001The ZRC1 gene encodes a multicopy suppressor of zinc toxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae; however, previously we found that the expression of ZRC1 was induced when the intracellular zinc level was decreased...
- Diabetes-linked zinc transporter ZnT8 is a homodimeric protein expressed by distinct rodent endocrine cell types in the pancreas and other glandsC Murgia
INRAN, National Research Institute on Food and Nutrition, Via Ardeatina 546, Roma 00178, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 19:431-9. 2009..b>ZnT8 is a member of the SLC30A family of zinc transporters whose overexpression in cultured pancreatic beta cells leads ..
- The role of autoantibodies to zinc transporter 8 in prediction of type 1 diabetes in relatives: lessons from the European Nicotinamide Diabetes Intervention Trial (ENDIT) cohortAnna E Long
School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:632-7. 2012Antibodies to islet autoantigens are detectable many years before clinical onset of type 1 diabetes and can be used to identify individuals at increased risk of diabetes. Zinc transporter 8 is a recently identified islet autoantigen.
- Autoantibodies to CCL3 are of low sensitivity and specificity for the diagnosis of type 1 diabetesGan Huang
Diabetes Center, 2nd Xiangya Hospital, Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Key Laboratory of Diabetes Immunology, Ministry of Education, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Acta Diabetol 49:395-9. 2012..9633 and 0.4095 vs. 0.0873, P = 0.012 and P = 0.034, respectively). We conclude that autoantibodies to CCL3 are of low sensitivity and specificity for T1D and cannot be used in the diagnosis of T1D...
- Disturbed zinc homeostasis in diabetic patients by in vitro and in vivo analysis of insulinomimetic activity of zincJudith Jansen
Institute of Immunology, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 23:1458-66. 2012..and 75 nondiabetic sex-/age-matched control subjects in order to analyze differences concerning human zinc transporter 8 (hZnT-8) expression, single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the genes of hZnT-8 as well as ..
- Dietary fiber intake increases the risk of zinc deficiency in healthy and diabetic womenMeika Foster
Discipline of Nutrition and Metabolism, School of Molecular Bioscience G08, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Biol Trace Elem Res 149:135-42. 2012..Plasma zinc concentrations and zinc transporter (ZnT1, ZnT8, and Zip1) gene expression in mononuclear cells were measured...
- Widespread expression of zinc transporter ZnT (SLC30) family members in mouse endocrine cellsMan Li Zhong
Department of Pathophysiology, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, People s Republic of China
Histochem Cell Biol 138:605-16. 2012..In general, ZnT1-10 mRNA was expressed to various degrees in the detected endocrine organs, with no detectable ZnT10 mRNA in the pancreas...
- Association between autoantibodies to the Arginine variant of the Zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) and stimulated C-peptide levels in Danish children and adolescents with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetesMarie Louise M Andersen
Department of Paediatrics, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Pediatr Diabetes 13:454-62. 2012The zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8) was recently identified as a common autoantigen in type 1 diabetes (T1D) and inclusion of ZnT8 autoantibodies (ZnT8Ab) was found to increase the diagnostic specificity of T1D.
- Zinc transporter 8 autoantibodies and their association with SLC30A8 and HLA-DQ genes differ between immigrant and Swedish patients with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes in the Better Diabetes Diagnosis studyAhmed J Delli
Department of Clinical Sciences, Diabetes and Celiac Diseases, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes 61:2556-64. 2012We examined whether zinc transporter 8 autoantibodies (ZnT8A; arginine ZnT8-RA, tryptophan ZnT8-WA, and glutamine ZnT8-QA variants) differed between immigrant and Swedish patients due to different polymorphisms of SLC30A8, HLA-DQ, or both...
- Identification of the human zinc transcriptional regulatory element (ZTRE): a palindromic protein-binding DNA sequence responsible for zinc-induced transcriptional repressionLisa J Coneyworth
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4NN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:36567-81. 2012..search) the CBWD genes and (through targeted analysis) in multiple members of the SLC30 family, including SLC30A10, which is repressed by zinc...
- Prevalence of zinc transporter 8 antibodies in gestational diabetes mellitusJ Dereke
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Diabet Med 29:e436-9. 2012..A recently identified autoantigen in Type 1 diabetes is zinc transporter 8. Some reports suggest that the frequency of zinc transporter 8 antibodies is as high as glutamic acid ..
- Extrapancreatic autoantibody profiles in type I diabetesPeter D Burbelo
Neurobiology and Pain Therapeutics Section, Laboratory of Sensory Biology, and National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e45216. 2012..heterogeneity in autoantibody responses against islet cell autoantigens including two polymorphic variants of ZnT8. A subset of T1D subjects exhibited autoantibodies against several organ-specific targets including gastric ATPase (..
- HLA-A*24 is an independent predictor of 5-year progression to diabetes in autoantibody-positive first-degree relatives of type 1 diabetic patientsEric Mbunwe
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes 62:1345-50. 2013..002). In conclusion, HLA-A*24 independently predicts rapid progression to T1D in Ab(+) relatives and complements IA-2A, ZnT8A, and HLA-DQ2/DQ8 for identifying participants in immunointervention trials...
- Identification of novel HLA-A 0201-restricted cytotoxic T lymphocyte epitopes from Zinc Transporter 8Shufa Li
Endocrinology Division, Linyi People s Hospital, Linyi 276000, China
Vaccine 31:1610-5. 2013..b>Zinc Transporter 8 (ZnT8) has emerged in recent years as a target of disease-associated autoreactive T cells in human T1D...
- Manganese efflux in Parkinsonism: insights from newly characterized SLC30A10 mutationsMargaret R Dewitt
Vanderbilt Center for Molecular Toxicology, Department of Pediatrics, Nashville, TN 37232 8552, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 432:1-4. 2013..A recently discovered mutation in SLC30A10 identified its gene product as putatively involved in Mn efflux...
- Zinc transporter 8 autoantibody (ZnT8A) could help differentiate latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) from phenotypic type 2 diabetes mellitusGan Huang
Diabetes Center, Second Xiangya Hospital, and Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, Key Laboratory of Diabetes Immunology, Ministry of Education, Central South University, Hunan Key Laboratory of Medical Epigenomics, Changsha, Hunan, China
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 29:363-8. 2013..We investigated the distribution and clinical features of ZnT8A positive latent autoimmune diabetes in adult (LADA) patients to explore the potential diagnostic application...
- Novel autoantigens in type 1 diabetesShuhong Han
Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Am J Transl Res 5:379-92. 2013..Since many excellent reviews have covered the previously identified T1DM-associated AAgs exhaustedly, here we only focus on several recently discovered T1DM-AAgs (PDX1, ZnT8, CHGA, and IAAP).
- Sex-stratified genome-wide association studies including 270,000 individuals show sexual dimorphism in genetic loci for anthropometric traitsJoshua C Randall
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 9:e1003500. 2013..significant sex-difference (FDR<5%), including four previously established (near GRB14/COBLL1, LYPLAL1/SLC30A10, VEGFA, ADAMTS9) and three novel anthropometric trait loci (near MAP3K1, HSD17B4, PPARG), all of which were ..
- The genetics of dystonia: new twists in an old taleGavin Charlesworth
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG, UK
Brain 136:2017-37. 2013..and GNAL), PRRT2 has been identified as the cause of paroxysmal kinesigenic dystonia and other genes, such as SLC30A10 and ATP1A3, have been linked to more complicated forms of dystonia or new phenotypes...
- Detection and characterization of ZnT8 autoantibodies could help to screen latent autoimmune diabetes in adult-onset patients with type 2 phenotypeAldana Trabucchi
Chair of Immunology, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires UBA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Autoimmunity 45:137-42. 2012Autoantibodies to zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8A) constitute an additional marker of autoimmune diabetes, complementing those already used in diagnosis support. ZnT8A could also be found in latent autoimmune diabetes of adults (LADA)...
- Regulator of complement activation (RCA) group 2 gene cluster in zebrafish: identification, expression, and evolutionJie Wu
Laboratory for Evolution and Development, Institute of Evolution and Marine Biodiversity, Qingdao 266003, China
Funct Integr Genomics 12:367-77. 2012..Here we identified two closely linked RCA group 2 genes in zebrafish, ZRC1 and ZRC2, which had all the features characteristic of known RCA group 2 genes...
- Prediction of HLA class I-restricted T-cell epitopes of islet autoantigen combined with binding and dissociation assaysXiangmei Wu
Department of Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, China
Autoimmunity 45:176-85. 2012..Zinc transporter-8 (ZnT8) has emerged in recent years as a novel, major, human autoantigen...
- Rising incidence of type 1 diabetes is associated with altered immunophenotype at diagnosisAnna E Long
School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Diabetes 61:683-6. 2012..Autoantibodies to insulin (IAA), GAD (GADA), islet antigen-2 (IA-2A), and zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8A) were measured by radioimmunoassay in sera collected from children and young adults with newly ..
- Effects of high-fat diet feeding on Znt8-null mice: differences between β-cell and global knockout of Znt8A B Hardy
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 302:E1084-96. 2012Genomewide association studies have linked a polymorphism in the zinc transporter 8 (Znt8) gene to higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes...
- Angiotensin II requires zinc and downregulation of the zinc transporters ZnT3 and ZnT10 to induce senescence of vascular smooth muscle cellsNikolay Patrushev
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33211. 2012..II-induced senescence is a zinc-dependent pathway mediated by the downregulation of the zinc transporters ZnT3 and ZnT10, which work to reduce cytosolic zinc...
- Zinc transporter-8 autoantibodies improve prediction of type 1 diabetes in relatives positive for the standard biochemical autoantibodiesLiping Yu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1213-8. 2012....
- Zinc transporter (ZnT)8(186-194) is an immunodominant CD8+ T cell epitope in HLA-A2+ type 1 diabetic patientsM Scotto
INSERM, U986, DeAR Lab Avenir, Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, 82 avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Diabetologia 55:2026-31. 2012Anti-zinc transporter (ZnT)8 autoantibodies are commonly detected in type 1 diabetic patients. We hypothesised that ZnT8 is also recognised by CD8(+) T cells and aimed to identify HLA-A2 (A*02:01)-restricted epitope targets.
- Etiopathogenesis of insulin autoimmunityNorio Kanatsuna
Department of Clinical Sciences, Skåne University Hospital SUS, Lund University, CRC Ing 72 Building 91 10, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Anat Res Int 2012:457546. 2012..In contrast to autoantibodies against other islet autoantigens such as GAD65, IA-2, and ZnT8 transporters, it has not been possible yet to standardize the insulin autoantibody test...
- Regulation and functional effects of ZNT8 in human pancreatic isletsBruno Lefebvre
Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
J Endocrinol 214:225-32. 2012..Both zinc depletion and lipotoxicity (but not glucotoxicity) downregulated ZNT8 (SLC30A8) expression and altered the glucose-stimulated insulin secretion index (GSIS)...
- The effect of type 2 diabetes risk loci on insulin requirements in type 1 diabetesMandana Moosavi
Departments of Paediatrics and Human Genetics, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Que, Canada
Horm Res Paediatr 77:305-8. 2012..To analyze the correlation between insulin requirements of type 1 diabetic (T1D) patients and genotype at type 2 diabetes (T2D) risk loci, obtained in our genome-wide association study...
- ZnT8 is a major CD8+ T cell-recognized autoantigen in pediatric type 1 diabetesEmmanuelle Enée
INSERM, Unité 1013, Paris, France
Diabetes 61:1779-84. 2012..1) to develop a CD8(+) T-cell interferon-γ ELISpot assay for pediatric patients and 2) to determine whether zinc transporter 8 (ZnT8), a recently described target of autoantibodies in a majority of patients, is also recognized by ..
- SLC30A8 (ZnT8) variations and type 2 diabetes in the Chinese Han populationJ Xu
Endocrinology Department of Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Genet Mol Res 11:1592-8. 2012..The A-C-A haplotype appears to be a risk factor and the A-C-G haplotype may be a protective factor against type 2 diabetes in Chinese Han...
- Genetic variants on chromosome 1q41 influence ocular axial length and high myopiaQiao Fan
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Genet 8:e1002753. 2012..84, P(meta) =4.38 × 10(-7)) in 1,118 highly myopic cases and 5,433 controls. ZC3H11B and two neighboring genes SLC30A10 and LYPLAL1 were expressed in the human neural retina, retinal pigment epithelium, and sclera...
- Analysis of diabetogenic human T cell receptorsHoward W Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2011Our demonstration that the islet-specific zinc transporter ZnT8 is a major target of autoantibodies in newly diabetic subjects was arguably the most significant new diabetes biomarker discovered in over a decade...
- Christiane S Hampe; Fiscal Year: 2016..Autoantigen-Fc fusion proteins of all four major autoantigens (insulin, GAD65, IA-2, and ZnT8) will be used in this approach...
- Marian J Rewers; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the last study period we also collaborated with Dr. Hutton who discovered the fourth major islet autoantigen (ZnT8) to define the predictive potential of ZnT8 autoantibodies...
- Zinc Transporter-8-Specific T Cell Responses in the Prediction of Type 1 DiabetesHELENA KRISTIINA REIJONEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall goal of the project is to provide a novel approach to T cel-mediated autoimmunity in T1D which could be applied to prediction. ..
- The Environmental Triggers of Diabetes (TEDDY)Ake Lernmark; Fiscal Year: 2013..trigger or protect against the development of defined islet autoantibodies (against insulin, GAD65, IA-2 as well as ZnT8) or clinical T1D;B) to assess potential gene-environment interactions affecting development of islet autoimmunity ..
- Howard W Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specific Aim 1: Characterization of spontaneously-arising autoreactive T cells recognizing ZnT8 in NOD mice...
- MASSIMO T PIETROPAOLO; Fiscal Year: 2014..of novel biomarkers detecting antibodies directed to IA-2, GAD65 specific epitopes and the newly discovered antigen ZnT8 will further enhance sensitivity and the predictive value of T1DM progression as compared to conventional islet ..
- Malek El Muayed; Fiscal Year: 2016..A widely prevalent inherited variation in the zinc transporter ZnT8 has been shown to be genetic risk factors for developing type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- High throughput Point-of-Care assays for diabetes auto-antibody detectionKUMAR SUBRAMANIAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..homogenous (no wash steps), sensor array specifically for the detection of four insulin auto-antibodies namely, Insulin auto-antibodies (IAA), glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD65), IA-2 or ICA512 auto-antibodies, and ZnT8 auto-antibodies.
- Fast multiplexed point-of-care diabetes autoantibody detection by homogeneous FREAndrew M Arsham; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, auto-antibodies against the proteins insulin, IA-1, GAD65, and ZnT8 are hallmarks of high T1D risk, and the more ICAs are present, the higher the risk...
- Divalent Metal Transporter: Role in Manganese ToxicityJEROME ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Recurrence of T1D in Pancreas TransplantationGeorge Burke; Fiscal Year: 2009..The knowledge gained should also be relevant to islet cell transplantation and spontaneous disease. ..
- International Congress of the Immunology of Diabetes SocGeorge Eisenbarth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Travel grants for young investigators will be chosen by numerical rating of submitted abstracts and additional travel funding will be applied to plenary lectures chosen by the international organizing committee. ..