Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC2A3
Description: solute carrier family 2 member 3
Alias: GLUT3, solute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 3, GLUT-3, glucose transporter type 3, brain, solute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose transporter), member 3
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Immunohistochemical expression of the glucose transporters Glut-1 and Glut-3 in human malignant melanomas and benign melanocytic lesionsPaola Parente
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Catholic University Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 27:34. 2008..This study was undertaken to assess the differential expression of Glut-1 and Glut-3 by benign and malignant melanocytic lesions...
- Expression of glucose transporters GLUT-1, GLUT-3, GLUT-9 and HIF-1alpha in normal and degenerate human intervertebral discS M Richardson
Tissue Injury and Repair Group, Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Histochem Cell Biol 129:503-11. 2008..This study demonstrates that NP and AF cells have different GLUT expression profiles that suggest regional differences in the metabolic nature of the human IVD and that this environment changes during degeneration...
- Facilitative glucose transporter gene expression in human lymphocytes, monocytes, and macrophages: a role for GLUT isoforms 1, 3, and 5 in the immune response and foam cell formationYuchang Fu
Department of Nutrition Sciences, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 3360, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 32:182-90. 2004..Lymphocytes expressed GLUT 1 and GLUT 3 proteins, and cellular levels of both isoforms were augmented 3...
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1 and facilitative glucose transporters GLUT1 and GLUT3: putative molecular components of the oxygen and glucose sensing apparatus in articular chondrocytesA Mobasheri
Molecular Pathogenesis and Connective Tissue Research Groups, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, UK
Histol Histopathol 20:1327-38. 2005..alpha (HIF-1alpha) as an oxygen sensor and the hypoxia responsive facilitative glucose transporters, GLUT1 and GLUT3 as putative components of the glucose sensing apparatus in chondrocytes...
- Regulation of GLUT3 and glucose uptake by the cAMP signalling pathway in the breast cancer cell line ZR-75Ana Maria Meneses
Laboratorio de Biologia Celular y Molecular, MIFAB, Universidad Nacional Andres Bello, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 214:110-6. 2008..Facilitative glucose transporter-1 (GLUT1) and -3 (GLUT3) have been previously shown to be present and regulated in breast cancer cells and are associated with poor ..
- GLUT1 and GLUT3 as potential prognostic markers for Oral Squamous Cell CarcinomaFernanda Rocha Rojas Ayala
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Hospital A C Camargo, Sao Paulo, Rua Antonio Prudente, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Molecules 15:2374-87. 2010We associated clinical-pathological features of 142 OSCC with the expression pattern of GLUT1 and GLUT3 in order to estimate their prognostic value.
- DNA damage-induced modulation of GLUT3 expression is mediated through p53-independent extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling in HeLa cellsMasaru Watanabe
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Pathology, Iwate Medical University, School of Pharmacy, 2 1 1 Nishitokuta, Yahaba, Shiwa, Iwate 028 3694, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 8:1547-57. 2010..Here, we report that DNA-damaging anticancer agents such as Adriamycin and etoposide suppressed the expression of GLUT3, but not GLUT1, in HeLa cells and a tumorigenic HeLa cell hybrid...
- MicroRNA-195-5p suppresses glucose uptake and proliferation of human bladder cancer T24 cells by regulating GLUT3 expressionXiang Fei
Department of Urology, the Affiliated Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
FEBS Lett 586:392-7. 2012It has been reported that expression of glucose transporter member 3 (GLUT3) is up-regulated in bladder cancers. However, the regulating mechanism remains unknown...
- Expression of GLUT1 and GLUT3 glucose transporters in endometrial and breast cancersAnna Krzeslak
Department of Cytobiochemistry, University of Lodz, Pomorska 141 143, 90 236 Lodz, Poland
Pathol Oncol Res 18:721-8. 2012..In present study we analyzed the mRNA and protein expression of GLUT1 and GLUT3 glucose transporters by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (Q-PCR) and Western blotting technique in ..
- Caveolin-1 increases aerobic glycolysis in colorectal cancers by stimulating HMGA1-mediated GLUT3 transcriptionTae Kyu Ha
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Res 72:4097-109. 2012..Consistently, CAV1 was shown to stimulate GLUT3 transcription via an HMGA1-binding site within the GLUT3 promoter...
- Glucose as a fetal nutrient: dynamic regulation of several glucose transporter genes by DNA methylation in the human placenta across gestationBoris Novakovic
Cancer and Disease Epigenetics, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Nutr Biochem 24:282-8. 2013..family, and the expression of several of these has been shown in human placenta; however, aside from GLUT1 and GLUT3, little is known about the role of these proteins in placental function, fetal development and disease...
- A 129-kb deletion on chromosome 12 confers substantial protection against rheumatoid arthritis, implicating the gene SLC2A3Colin D Veal
Department of Genetics, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Hum Mutat 35:248-56. 2014..497 (P < 0.0002). The deletion variant lacks 129-kb of DNA containing SLC2A3, NANOGP1, and SLC2A14...
- Expression of glucose transporters in epithelial ovarian carcinoma: correlation with clinical characteristics and tumor angiogenesisMiho Tsukioka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:361-7. 2007We immunohistochemically examined the expression of the glucose transporters (GLUT)1, GLUT3 and GLUT4, in 154 tumor samples of epithelial ovarian carcinoma...
- QLS motif in transmembrane helix VII of the glucose transporter family interacts with the C-1 position of D-glucose and is involved in substrate selection at the exofacial binding siteM J Seatter
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Biochemistry 37:1322-6. 1998The liver-type (GLUT2) and brain-type (GLUT3) human facilitative glucose transporters exhibit distinct kinetics (Km values for deoxyglucose transport of approximately 11 mM and approximately 1...
- Expression of glucose transporter-1 and -3 in the head and neck carcinoma--the correlation of the expression with the biological behaviorsShuihong Zhou
Department of Otolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, PR China
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 70:189-94. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the biological significance of glucose transporter (Glut)-1 and Glut-3 expression in head and neck carcinoma (HNC)...
- Caudal hindbrain lactate infusion alters glucokinase, SUR1, and neuronal substrate fuel transporter gene expression in the dorsal vagal complex, lateral hypothalamic area, and ventromedial nucleus hypothalamus of hypoglycemic male ratsKamlesh V Vavaiya
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
Brain Res 1176:62-70. 2007..the ventromedial hypothalamic nucleus (VMH) and lateral hypothalamic area (LHA). qPCR was used to measure MCT2, GLUT3, GLUT4, GK, and SUR1 transcripts in the microdissected DVC, VMH, and LHA from groups of male rats treated by ..
- Glucose transporter GLUT3: ontogeny, targeting, and role in the mouse blastocystM Pantaleon
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3795-800. 1997..We identified and localized the primary transporter in TE cells. It is glucose transporter GLUT3, previously described in the mouse as neuron-specific...
- Is active glucose transport present in bovine ciliary body epithelium?Chu Yan Chan
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1087-93. 2007..3 mM and a maximum velocity of 349.5 nmol.h(-1).cm(-2). Gene expression for GLUT1, GLUT3, GLUT4, GLUT5, and SGLT2 was observed in both the pars plana and pars plicata regions of the bovine CBE...
- Glucose transporter GLUT1 expression is an stage-independent predictor of clinical outcome in adrenocortical carcinomaWiebke Fenske
Endocrine and Diabetic Unit, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:919-28. 2009..01), whereas GLUT3, TKTL1 and M2-PK did not correlate with clinical outcome...
- Effects of adrenalectomy on neuronal substrate fuel transporter and energy transducer gene expression in hypothalamic and hindbrain metabolic monitoring sitesAjeesh Koshy Cherian
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71201, USA
Neuroendocrinology 91:56-63. 2010..Hagedorn insulin or vehicle injection, and evaluated by quantitative real-time RT-PCR for neuronal glucose (GLUT3, GLUT4), monocarboxylate (MCT2) transporter, GCK, and sulfonylurea receptor-1 (SUR1) mRNA content...
- Increased expression of neuronal glucose transporter 3 but not glial glucose transporter 1 following severe diffuse traumatic brain injury in ratsG P Hamlin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland, Australia
J Neurotrauma 18:1011-8. 2001..that increased glucose uptake after traumatic brain injury is primarily accounted for by increased neuronal Glut 3 glucose transporter expression and that this increased expression after trauma is part of a neuronal stress ..
- Ovine glucose transporter-1 and -3: cDNA partial sequences and developmental gene expression in the placentaM J Currie
Research Centre for Developmental Medicine and Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Placenta 18:393-401. 1997..cDNAs encoding ovine placental GLUT1 and GLUT3 genes were isolated, cloned and sequenced and then used to investigate their developmental regulation in ovine ..
- Growth condition-dependent synchronized changes in transcript levels of type II hexokinase and type 1 glucose transporter in tumor cellsY Shinohara
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokushima, Shomachi 1, 770 8505, Tokushima, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1499:242-8. 2001..GLUT1 and GLUT3 were also expressed, and messages of these two isoforms represented 27% and 71%, respectively, of the total GLUT ..
- [Expression of glucose transporter in non-small cell lung carcinoma and its clinical significance]Guo hua Lu
Department of Respiratory Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 37:176-81. 2008To investigate the expression of glucose transporter (Glut)1, Glut3, and hypoxia inducible factor (HIF)-1 alpha in human non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC), and its clinical significance.
- Hypoxic-ischemic brain injury exacerbates neuronal apoptosis and precipitates spontaneous seizures in glucose transporter isoform 3 heterozygous null miceCamille Fung
Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Neonatal Research Center, David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurosci Res 88:3386-98. 2010..on the ipsilateral (Ipsi) and contralateral (Ctrl) sides of the brain in neuronal glucose transporter isoform 3 (Glut3) heterozygous null mice (glut3(+/-)) and their wild-type littermates (WT), undergoing unilateral carotid artery ..
- Glycaemic regulation of glucose transporter expression and activity in the human placentaN P Illsley
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103 2714, USA
Placenta 19:517-24. 1998..Expression of GLUT1 and GLUT3 glucose transporters was measured by immunoblotting, while glucose transporter activity was determined by [3H]2-..
- Expression and regulation of glucose transporters in the bovine mammary glandF Q Zhao
Lactation and Mammary Gland Biology Group, Department of Animal Science, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:E76-86. 2007..However, the bovine lactating mammary gland also expresses GLUT3, GLUT4, GLUT5, GLUT8, GLUT12, and sodium-dependent SGLT1 and SGLT2 at different levels...
- Canine brain glucose transporter 3: gene sequence, phylogenetic comparisons and analysis of functional sitesN D Borson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Duluth, 55812, USA
Gene 168:251-6. 1996There has been a sparsity of various mammalian neuronal glucose transporter 3-encoding sequences(Glut3) available for the purposes of alignment studies...
- Glucose transporter expression in brain. cDNA sequence of mouse GLUT3, the brain facilitative glucose transporter isoform, and identification of sites of expression by in situ hybridizationS Nagamatsu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
J Biol Chem 267:467-72. 1992Complementary DNAs encoding the mouse GLUT3/brain facilitative glucose transporter have been isolated and sequenced...
- Glucose transporter 3 (GLUT3) protein is present in human myocardiumM Grover-McKay
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, E315 GH, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1416:145-54. 1999..b>GLUT3 has a high affinity for glucose, but its presence in human myocardium has not been clearly established...
- Glucose transporters in the human placentaN P Illsley
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, UMD New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103 2714, USA
Placenta 21:14-22. 2000..Although GLUT3 mRNA is widely distributed, GLUT3 protein is localized to the arterial component of the vascular endothelium, ..
- Glucose transporter isoform-3 mutations cause early pregnancy loss and fetal growth restrictionAmit Ganguly
Division of Neonatology and Developmental Biology, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1241-55. 2007Glucose transporter isoform-3 (GLUT3) is the trophoblastic facilitative glucose transporter...
- Glucose transporter expression on the plasma membrane of resting and activated white blood cellsE Maratou
Hellenic National Diabetes Center, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Invest 37:282-90. 2007..The objective was to examine the effects of activation by Phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA) or lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and insulin on the expression of GLUT isoforms in all subpopulations of WBC...
- Effects of caudal hindbrain lactate infusion on insulin-induced hypoglycemia and neuronal substrate transporter glucokinase and sulfonylurea receptor-1 gene expression in the ovariectomized female rat dorsal vagal complex: Impact of estradiolKamlesh V Vavaiya
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, Louisiana 71209, USA
J Neurosci Res 86:694-701. 2008..DVC MCT2, GLUT3, GLUT4, glucokinase (GCK), and sulfonylurea receptor-1 (SUR1) mRNA levels did not differ between saline-injected ..
- The facilitative glucose transporter GLUT3: 20 years of distinctionIan A Simpson
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, College of Medicine, Penn State University, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E242-53. 2008..The subject of the present review is GLUT3, which, as implied by its name, was the third glucose transporter to be cloned (Kayano T, Fukumoto H, Eddy RL, Fan ..
- Up-regulation and polarized expression of the sodium-ascorbic acid transporter SVCT1 in post-confluent differentiated CaCo-2 cellsNancy P Maulén
Departamento de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Concepcion, Barrio Universitario s n, Concepcion, Chile
J Biol Chem 278:9035-41. 2003..express the sodium-ascorbate co-transporters SVCT1 and SVCT2, the dehydroascorbic acid transporters GLUT1 and GLUT3, and a third dehydroascorbic acid transporter with properties expected for GLUT2...
- Hexose transporter mRNAs for GLUT4, GLUT5, and GLUT12 predominate in human muscleCharles A Stuart
Department of Internal Medicine, East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee 37614 0622, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E1067-73. 2006..Primers were designed that amplified 78- to 241-base fragments, and cDNA standards were cloned for GLUT1, GLUT2, GLUT3, GLUT4, GLUT5, GLUT6, GLUT8, GLUT9, GLUT10, GLUT11, GLUT12, and GAPDH...
- The intrinsic structure of glucose transporter isoforms Glut1 and Glut3 regulates their differential distribution to detergent-resistant membrane domains in nonpolarized mammalian cellsTomoko Sakyo
Pharmaceutical Research Center, School of Pharmacy, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Iwate 028 3694, Japan
FEBS J 274:2843-53. 2007..Further shortening of these regions altered the critical distribution, suggesting that a large proportion or several parts of the intrinsic structure, including the N-terminus of each isoform, are involved in the regulation...
- Effects of caudal fourth ventricular lactate infusion on hypoglycemia-associated MCT2, GLUT3, GLUT4, GCK, and sulfonylurea receptor-1 gene expression in the ovariectomized female rat LHA and VMH: impact of estradiolKamlesh V Vavaiya
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
J Mol Neurosci 34:121-9. 2008..Neuronal glucose (GLUT3, GLUT4) and monocarboxylate (MCT2) transporter genes are expressed in both sites, suggesting that glucose and ..
- Oral tongue cancer gene expression profiling: Identification of novel potential prognosticators by oligonucleotide microarray analysisCherry L Estilo
Dental Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, USA
BMC Cancer 9:11. 2009..The present study is aimed at identifying potential candidate genes as prognostic markers in human oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) by large scale gene expression profiling...
- Localization and regulation of GLUTx1 glucose transporter in the hippocampus of streptozotocin diabetic ratsL P Reagan
Harold and Margaret Milliken Hatch Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2820-5. 2001..GLUTx1 protein expression is limited to neuronal cell bodies and the most proximal dendrites, unlike GLUT3 expression that is observed throughout the neuropil...
- Glucose transport and apoptosis after gene therapy with HSV thymidine kinaseU Haberkorn
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med 28:1690-6. 2001..In vivo the amount of glucose transporter (GLUT1 and GLUT3 isoforms) expressing cells was determined in tumours of untreated and treated animals using immunohistochemistry...
- Brief hyperglycaemia in the early pregnant rat increases fetal weight at term by stimulating placental growth and affecting placental nutrient transportAnette Ericsson
Perinatal Center, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Gothenburg University, Box 432, S 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Physiol 581:1323-32. 2007..activity in the awake animals on GD 21 and placental expression of the glucose and amino acid transporters GLUT1, GLUT3, SNAT2 (system A), LAT1 and LAT 2 (system L)...
- Effect of glucose transport inhibitors on vincristine efflux in multidrug-resistant murine erythroleukaemia cells overexpressing the multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) and two glucose transport proteins, GLUT1 and GLUT3R L Martell
Center for Adaptation Genetics and Drug Resistance, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Br J Cancer 75:161-8. 1997..GLUT proteins, GLUT1 and GLUT3, were constitutively coexpressed in the parental cell line and also in the VCR-selected cell lines...
- Dynamic expression of glucose transporters 1 and 3 in the brain of diabetic rats with cerebral ischemia reperfusionWen wen Zhang
Department of Endocrinology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1996-2001. 2009..The present study aimed to explore the expression of brain-type glucose transporters (GLUT1 and GLUT3) in cerebral ischemic penumbra at different blood glucose levels and different ischemic-reperfusion time in ..
- Molecular identification and functional characterization of the vitamin C transporters expressed by Sertoli cellsConstanza Angulo
Instituto de Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, Chile
J Cell Physiol 217:708-16. 2008..OMG) transport by 42GPA9 Sertoli cells correspond to facilitative hexose transporters GLUT1, GLUT2 and GLUT3 expressed in these cells...
- Testicular regulation of neuronal glucose and monocarboxylate transporter gene expression profiles in CNS metabolic sensing sites during acute and recurrent insulin-induced hypoglycemiaKamlesh V Vavaiya
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
J Mol Neurosci 31:37-46. 2007..In the intact male rat DVC, MCT2, GLUT3, and GLUT4 gene expression was not altered by acute hypoglycemia but was enhanced by RIIH...
- Messenger RNA expression of transporter and ion channel genes in undifferentiated and differentiated Caco-2 cells compared to human intestinesPascale Anderle
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Pharm Res 20:3-15. 2003..The purpose of this work was to study the influence of cell differentiation on the mRNA expression of transporters and channels in Caco-2 cells and to assess Caco-2 cells as a model for carrier-mediated drug transport in the intestines...
- Regulation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase in differentiating HD3 cellsM Grdisa
Division of Molecular Medicine, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30:1245-51. 1998..In an attempt to assess whether the decrease in GAD activity is regulated by the glucose transport, the chicken GLUT3 expressed under the control of viral promoter was introduced into HD3 cells by retroviral infection (pDOL-cGT3)...
- Indinavir inhibits the glucose transporter isoform Glut4 at physiologic concentrationsHaruhiko Murata
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
AIDS 16:859-63. 2002..To determine the relative sensitivities of glucose transporter isoforms to the protease inhibitor indinavir and to determine the kinetic mechanism of indinavir-mediated Glut4 isoform inhibition...
- Regulation of glucose transporters in human peritoneal mesothelial cellsMichael Fischereder
Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Nephrol 16:103-9. 2003..To study a potential link between dialysate and glucose toxicity in MsC, we investigated the expression of facilitative glucose transporters (GLUT), which could contribute to glucose toxicity...
- Neuroprotective role of curcumin in the cerebellum of streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsKumar T Peeyush
Molecular Neurobiology and Cell Biology Unit, Centre for Neuroscience, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin 682 022, Kerala, India
Life Sci 85:704-10. 2009..the effect of curcumin in the functional regulation of muscarinic and alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, insulin receptors, acetylcholine esterase and Glut3 in the cerebellum of streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats.
- Dehydroascorbic acid uptake and intracellular ascorbic acid accumulation in cultured Müller glial cells (TR-MUL)Ken ichi Hosoya
Department of Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Neurochem Int 52:1351-7. 2008..85- and 116-fold greater than that of GLUT3 and 4, respectively. Western blot analysis supports the expression of GLUT1 protein with 45 kDa in TR-MUL5 cells...
- Regulation of glycolysis and pentose-phosphate pathway by nitric oxide: impact on neuronal survivalJuan P Bolanos
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Salamanca Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y León, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1777:789-93. 2008..triggers the activation of 6-phosphofructo-1-kinase--the master regulator of the glycolytic pathway--and Glut1 and Glut3--the main glucose transporters in the brain...
- Glucose activates mitogen-activated protein kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase) through proline-rich tyrosine kinase-2 and the Glut1 glucose transporterG Bandyopadhyay
J A Haley Veterans Hospital Research Service, and Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Biol Chem 275:40817-26. 2000..kinase-2 (PYK2), GRB2, SOS, RAS, RAF, and MEK1; and (c) amplified by overexpression of the Glut1, but not Glut2, Glut3, or Glut4, glucose transporter...
- Characterisation of glucose transporter (GLUT) gene expression in broiler chickensT Kono
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Br Poult Sci 46:510-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to identify the extent of mRNA expression of GLUT1, GLUT2, GLUT3 and GLUT8 in chickens intrinsically lacking GLUT4. 2...
- Oxidative stress and HNE conjugation of GLUT3 are increased in the hippocampus of diabetic rats subjected to stressL P Reagan
Harold and Margaret Milliken Hatch Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, Box 165, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY, USA
Brain Res 862:292-300. 2000..we examined the stress/diabetes mediated HNE protein conjugation of the neuron specific glucose transporter, GLUT3. GLUT3 immunoprecipitated from hippocampal membranes of diabetic rats subjected to stress exhibited significant ..
- Maternal undernutrition during late gestation-induced intrauterine growth restriction in the rat is associated with impaired placental GLUT3 expression, but does not correlate with endogenous corticosterone levelsJ Lesage
Laboratoire de Neuroendocrinologie du Developpement, UPRES EA 2701, Universite de Lille 1, 59650 Villeneuve d Ascq, France
J Endocrinol 174:37-43. 2002..restriction (FR50) during the last week of gestation on rat placental expression of glucose transporters, GLUT1, GLUT3 and GLUT4, and on plasma glucose content in both maternal and fetal compartments...
- In situ coexpression of glucose and monocarboxylate transporter mRNAs in metabolic-sensitive caudal dorsal vagal complex catecholaminergic neurons: transcriptional reactivity to insulin-induced hypoglycemia and caudal hindbrain glucose or lactate repletioK P Briski
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
Neuroscience 164:1152-60. 2009..The data show that IIH decreased MCT2, but elevated GLUT3, GLUT4, GCK, and SUR-1 transcripts in A2 neurons...
- Characterization of GLUT5 domains responsible for fructose transportA E Buchs
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Endocrinology 139:827-31. 1998..specificity of GLUT5 were investigated by creating chimeras of GLUT5 with the selective glucose transporter GLUT3, which were expressed in Xenopus oocytes...
- Mitogenic and anti-apoptotic activity of insulin on bovine embryos produced in vitroR Augustin
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Faculty of Medicine, Halle Saale, Germany
Reproduction 126:91-9. 2003..assay and by quantification of the relative amounts of mRNA for Bax and Bcl-XL; and (iv) expression for Glut1, Glut3 and Glut8 transcripts was compared between embryos cultured in the presence or absence of insulin...
- Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration by nitric oxide rapidly stimulates cytoprotective GLUT3-mediated glucose uptake through 5'-AMP-activated protein kinasePilar Cidad
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Biochem J 384:629-36. 2004..specifically to this effect, we have now investigated the possible role of NO in modulating glucose uptake through GLUT3, a facilitative high-affinity glucose carrier that has been suggested to afford cytoprotection against ..
- Select nutrients in the ovine uterine lumen. ii. glucose transporters in the uterus and peri-implantation conceptusesHaijun Gao
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Departments of Animal Science and Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Biol Reprod 80:94-104. 2009..estrous cycle, pregnancy, progesterone (P4), and interferon tau (IFNT) on expression of both facilitative (SLC2A1, SLC2A3, and SLC2A4) and sodium-dependent (SLC5A1 and SLC5A11) glucose transporters in ovine uterine endometria from Days ..
- Glucose transporter GLUT3 in the rat placental barrier: a possible machinery for the transplacental transfer of glucoseB C Shin
Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
Endocrinology 138:3997-4004. 1997..in the transplacental transfer of glucose, we investigated the localization of glucose transporters GLUT1 and GLUT3 immunohistochemically in the rat placenta...
- Protein interactions with the glucose transporter binding protein GLUT1CBP that provide a link between GLUT1 and the cytoskeletonR C Bunn
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:819-32. 1999..four amino acids of GLUT1 and is isoform specific because GLUT1CBP does not interact with the C terminus of GLUT3 or GLUT4...
- Antipsychotic drugs affect glucose uptake and the expression of glucose transporters in PC12 cellsD S Dwyer
Department of Psychiatry, LSU Medical Center Shreveport Shreveport, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 23:69-80. 1999..increase (approximately 3-fold) in the cellular levels of the glucose transporter (GLUT) isoforms, GLUT1 and GLUT3. 3...
- The sentrin-conjugating enzyme mUbc9 interacts with GLUT4 and GLUT1 glucose transporters and regulates transporter levels in skeletal muscle cellsF Giorgino
Istituto di Clinica Medica, Endocrinologia e Malattie Metaboliche, University of Bari School of Medicine, I 70124 Bari, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:1125-30. 2000..of GLUT4 and GLUT1 was specific, as evidenced by an absence of mUbc9 interaction with or regulation of the GLUT3 transporter isoform in L6 skeletal muscle cells...
- Reduced GLUT1 expression in Igf1-/- null oocytes and folliclesJ Zhou
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, NICHD NIH, Bethesda, MD, 20892, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 10:111-7. 2000..Oocyte glycogen stores, determined by PAS staining, did not appear different in Igf1-/- and wt mice.GLUT3 was expressed in thecal cells surrounding growing follicles and was not appreciably different in Igf1 null ..
- Glucose uptake, utilization, and signaling in GLUT2-null isletsM T Guillam
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Diabetes 49:1485-91. 2000..We show that in the absence of GLUT2, no compensatory expression of either GLUT1 or GLUT3 is observed and that glucokinase is expressed at normal levels...
- Model of the 3-D structure of the GLUT3 glucose transporter and molecular dynamics simulation of glucose transportD S Dwyer
Departments of Psychiatry and Pharmacology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport 71130, USA
Proteins 42:531-41. 2001A molecular model of the three-dimensional (3-D) structure of the glucose transport protein, GLUT3, has been derived by homology modeling...
- Differential effects of glucose on dehydroascorbic acid transport and intracellular ascorbate accumulation in astrocytes and skeletal myocytesJasminka Korcok
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Brain Res 993:201-7. 2003..skeletal muscle cells with an L6-derived cell line (D23) deficient in facilitative hexose transporter isoform 3 (GLUT3), indicated that both GLUT3 and facilitative hexose transporter isoform 1 (GLUT1) mediate DHAA uptake...
- Glucose transporter GLUT8 translocation in neurons is not insulin responsiveBo Chul Shin
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1752, USA
J Neurosci Res 75:835-44. 2004..This distribution was unlike the distributions of endogenous GLUT1 and GLUT3 (predominant neuronal isoform), which were limited predominantly to the plasma membrane and minimal in the ..
- Differential expression of glucose transporter isoforms during embryonic stem cell differentiationSarah Tonack
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Faculty of Medicine, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Differentiation 74:499-509. 2006..Similar to trophoblast cells in mouse blastocysts the outer cell layer of endoderm-like cells showed a high GLUT3 expression in early EBs. In 20-day-old EBs no GLUT3 protein and only minor GLUT3 mRNA amounts could be detected...
- Hypoxia, hypoxia-inducible transcription factor, and macrophages in human atherosclerotic plaques are correlated with intraplaque angiogenesisJudith C Sluimer
Department of Pathology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1258-65. 2008..We sought to examine the presence of hypoxia in human carotid atherosclerosis and its association with hypoxia-inducible transcription factor (HIF) and intraplaque angiogenesis...
- Ascorbic acid participates in a general mechanism for concerted glucose transport inhibition and lactate transport stimulationMaite A Castro
Instituto de Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, Chile
Pflugers Arch 457:519-28. 2008..Like neurons, HEK293 cells expressed GLUT1, GLUT3, and SVCT2...
- Paternal effect on embryo quality in diabetic mice is related to poor sperm quality and associated with decreased glucose transporter expressionSung Tae Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University in St Louis, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Reproduction 136:313-22. 2008..SLC2A1, SLC2A3, and SLC2A5 did not change in expression in the testes or sperm between diabetic and non-diabetic mice...
- Comparison of drug transporter gene expression and functionality in Caco-2 cells from 10 different laboratoriesRose Hayeshi
Discovery DMPK and Bioanalytical Chemistry, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, S 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
Eur J Pharm Sci 35:383-96. 2008..The rank order of the top five expressed genes was: HPT1>GLUT3>GLUT5>GST1A>OATP-B...
- Type-2 diabetes down-regulates glucose transporter proteins and genes of the human blood leukocytesD Kipmen-Korgun
Department of Biochemistry, Akdeniz University, Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 69:350-8. 2009..The few data available on leukocyte glucose transporter expression are limited to type-2 diabetes mellitus, and nothing is known about its regulation...
- Hyperglycemia reduces mitochondrial content and glucose transporter expression in mouse embryos developing in vitroXing Hui Shen
Department of Animal Sciences, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Korea
J Reprod Dev 55:534-41. 2009..Both transcripts and protein synthesis of the glucose transporters Glut1 and Glut3 were reduced in blastocysts cultured in the presence of either 25 or 55 mM glucose...
- Placental and embryonic growth restriction in mice with reduced function epidermal growth factor receptor allelesJennifer Dackor
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Genetics 183:207-18. 2009..and expression of trophoblast cell subtype markers and propose that differential expression in the placenta of Glut3, a glucose transporter essential for normal embryonic growth, may contribute to strain-dependent differences in ..
- Expression of glucose transporter isoforms and the insulin receptor during hamster preimplantation embryo developmentSarah Tonack
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Faculty of Medicine, Grosse Steinstrasse 52, 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Ann Anat 191:485-95. 2009..b>GLUT3 was exclusively localised in the apical membrane of trophoblast cells...
- Ethanol and phencyclidine interact with respect to nucleus accumbens dopamine release: differential effects of administration order and pretreatment protocolChris Pickering
Addiction Biology Unit, Department of Psychiatry and Neurochemistry, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg Gothenburg, Sweden
Front Behav Neurosci 4:32. 2010..that this low PCP dose did not significantly change expression of glucose transporters Glut1 (SLC2A1) or Glut3 (SLC2A3), monocarboxylate transporter MCT2 (SLC16A7), glutamate transporters GLT-1 (SLC1A2) or GLAST (SLC1A3), the ..
- Role of curcumin in the prevention of cholinergic mediated cortical dysfunctions in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsT Peeyush Kumar
Molecular Neurobiology and Cell Biology Unit, Centre for Neuroscience, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin 682022, Kerala, India
Mol Cell Endocrinol 331:1-10. 2011..and increased gene expression of muscarinic M3, α7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, acetylcholine esterase and GLUT3 in cerebral cortex of diabetic rats...
- δ-Opioid receptors stimulate GLUT1-mediated glucose uptake through Src- and IGF-1 receptor-dependent activation of PI3-kinase signalling in CHO cellsMaria C Olianas
Section of Biochemical Pharmacology, Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, Monserrato, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 163:624-37. 2011..We have investigated the regulation of glucose transport by human δ-opioid receptors expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells...
- Developmental adaptations to increased fetal nutrient demand in mouse genetic models of Igf2-mediated overgrowthEmily Angiolini
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics and Imprinting, The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, UK
FASEB J 25:1737-45. 2011..Expression of key transporter genes Slc2a3 and Slc38a4 was reduced by ∼20%...
- Brain glucose transporter (Glut3) haploinsufficiency does not impair mouse brain glucose uptakeCharles A Stuart
East Tennessee State University Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, TN, USA
Brain Res 1384:15-22. 2011..Glut1 is an endothelial marker and is the principal glucose transporter of the blood-brain barrier. Glut3 and Glut6 are expressed in glial cells and neural cells...
- Glucose transporter expression and the potential role of fructose in renal cell carcinoma: A correlation with pathological parametersLuis M Antón Aparicio
A Coruña University Hospital, 15006 A Coruna, Spain
Mol Med Rep 3:575-80. 2010..The expression of five facilitative glucose transporters, GLUT1 (erythrocyte type), GLUT2 (liver type), GLUT3 (brain type), GLUT4 (muscle/fat type) and GLUT5 (small intestinal type), was semi-quantitatively analyzed...
- 18F-FDG uptake in primary gastric malignant lymphoma correlates with glucose transporter 1 expression and histologic malignant potentialYuko Watanabe
Department of Radiology, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Hematol 97:43-9. 2013..The expression levels of GLUT1, GLUT3, HK II, and Ki67 were evaluated according to the percentage of positive area determined by immunohistochemistry...
- Progesterone treatment before experimental hypoxia-ischemia enhances the expression of glucose transporter proteins GLUT1 and GLUT3 in neonatal ratsXinjuan Li
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, 453003, China
Neurosci Bull 29:287-94. 2013..current study was designed to investigate the effects of progesterone on glucose transporter proteins (GLUT1 and GLUT3) during hypoxic-ischemic injury in a neonatal rat model...
- Effects of sciatic nerve transection on ultrastructure, NADPH-diaphorase reaction and serotonin-, tyrosine hydroxylase-, c-Fos-, glucose transporter 1- and 3-like immunoreactivities in frog dorsal root ganglionF Rigon
Departamento de Fisiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 46:513-20. 2013..No change occurred in serotonin- and Glut1- and Glut3-like immunoreactivity. NADPH-diaphorase occurred in more neurons and SGCs...
- Metabolic Maturation of Auditory Neurones in the Superior Olivary ComplexBarbara Trattner
Department of Biology II, Division of Neurobiology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Martinsried, Germany Graduate School of Systemic Neurosciences, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Martinsried, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e67351. 2013..Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase) and production (mitochondria, cytochrome c oxidase activity and glucose transporter 3 (GLUT3))...
- Characterization and modulation of glucose uptake in a human blood-brain barrier modelManuela Meireles
Department of Biochemistry U38 FCT, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Al Prof Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319, Porto, Portugal
J Membr Biol 246:669-77. 2013..Quercetin and myricetin decreased [³H]-DG uptake, and glucuronic acid-conjugated quercetin did not have any effect. These cells expressed GLUT1, GLUT3 and SGLT1 mRNA.
- Placental glucose transporter 3 (GLUT3) is up-regulated in human pregnancies complicated by late-onset intrauterine growth restrictionC Janzen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Perinatology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA Electronic address
Placenta 34:1072-8. 2013..The mechanism by which GLUTs are regulated in trophoblasts in response to ischemic hypoxia encountered with intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) has not been suitably investigated...
- [Cellular and intracellular transport of vitamin C. The physiologic aspects]András Szarka
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar Orvosi Vegytani Molekuláris Biológiai és Patobiokémiai Intézet Budapest Tűzoltó u 34 47 1097 Budapesti Műszaki és Gazdaságtudományi Egyetem Alkalmazott Biotechnológia és Élelmiszer tudományi Tanszék, Biokémiai és Molekuláris Biológiai Laboratórium Budapest
Orv Hetil 154:1651-6. 2013..The transport of the oxidized form, dehydroascorbate is mediated by glucose transporters GLUT1, GLUT3 and possibly GLUT4...
- Transcript levels of class I GLUTs within individual tissues and the direct relationship between GLUT1 expression and glucose metabolism in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua)Jennifer R Hall
Aquatic Research Cluster, CREAIT Network, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NL, A1C 5S7, Canada
J Comp Physiol B 184:483-96. 2014..GLUT1 is ubiquitous, GLUT2 is relatively abundant in tissues that release glucose, GLUT3 expression is relatively strong in brain, and GLUT4 is relatively high in heart and muscle...
- Genetic variations in the GLUT3 gene associated with myelomeningoceleBrendan D Connealy
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX Electronic address
Am J Obstet Gynecol 211:305.e1-8. 2014Our objectives were to examine the extent of described sequence variation in the glucose transporter 3 (GLUT3) gene in children with myelomeningocele (MM), identify novel variations in the GLUT3 gene in these children, and determine ..
- Separate cellular localizations of human T-lymphotropic virus 1 (HTLV-1) Env and glucose transporter type 1 (GLUT1) are required for HTLV-1 Env-mediated fusion and infectionYosuke Maeda
Department of Medical Virology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
J Virol 89:502-11. 2015..Chimeric studies between GLUT1 and GLUT3 indicated that the extracellular loop 6 (ECL6) of GLUT1 is important for the inhibition of cell-cell fusion ..
- Differential microscopic finding and glucose transporter 3 expression in terminal chorionic villi among birth weight-discordant twin placentasMina Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chungnam National University, School of Medicine, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Histol Histopathol 30:955-62. 2015To evaluate differences in microscopic findings and glucose transporter 3 (GLUT3) expression in terminal chorionic villi (TV) among birth weight-discordant twin (BWDT) placentas compared with the birth weight-concordant twin (BWCT) ..
- Immunohistochemical localization of GLUT3, MCT1, and MCT2 in the testes of mice and rats: the use of different energy sources in spermatogenesisAyuko Kishimoto
Department of Anatomy, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University
Biomed Res 36:225-34. 2015..the uptake of glucose, germ cells within the seminiferous tubules and sperm have been known to intensely express GLUT3. The present study investigated expression profiles of MCTs and GLUTs and revealed their cellular and subcellular ..
- Relationships between transporter expression and the status of BRAF V600E mutation and F-18 FDG uptake in papillary thyroid carcinomasMinki Yoon
a Department of Nuclear Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, Pohang, Korea
Endocr Res 41:64-9. 2016The purpose of this study was to evaluate the expression of the glucose transporters GLUT1 and GLUT3 in papillary thyroid carcinomas (PTCs) and to elucidate their relationship with the BRAF V600E mutation and F-18 FDG uptake.
- Glucose Transporters at the Blood-Brain Barrier: Function, Regulation and Gateways for Drug DeliverySimon G Patching
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology and School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Mol Neurobiol . 2016..at the blood-brain barrier, the major ones being the sodium-independent facilitative transporters GLUT1 and GLUT3. Other GLUTs and sodium-dependent transporters (SGLTs) have also been identified at lower levels and under various ..
- Kunjan R Dave; Fiscal Year: 2016..ITD rats increases cerebral ischemic damage;and 3) To determine the mechanism by which RH increases GLUT1 and GLUT3 levels in the hippocampus of ITD rats...
- Anthony Carruthers; Fiscal Year: 2016..The GLUTs do not hetero-oligomerize. Substituting GLUT1 scaffold TM9 into GLUT3 allows GLUT3 to tetramerize and to form heterocomplexes with GLUT1...
- PERINATAL METABOLIC STRESS AND BRAIN GLUCOSE TRANSPORTSUSAN VANNUCCI; Fiscal Year: 1999..barrier and the plasma membranes of neurons and glia, mediated by the glucose transporter proteins, GLUT1 and GLUT3. GLUT1 is most concentrated in the blood-brain barrier and choroid plexus; GLUT3 is probably the major neuronal ..
- METABOLIC CONTROL OF SUGAR TRANSPORTAnthony Carruthers; Fiscal Year: 2012..in GLUT1 regulation by swapping GLUT1 loop 6 and C-terminal domains with equivalent sequence from ATP-insensitive GLUT3 &4 and testing constructs for loss of ATP-responsiveness...
- GLUCOCORTICOIDS, HYPOGLYCEMIA & BRAIN GLUCOSE TRANSPORTAnthony McCall; Fiscal Year: 2001..and more marked stress levels of corticosterone administered to rats affect regional expression of brain GLUT1 and GLUT3 protein and mRNA. 2...
- Muhammad Abdul-Ghani; Fiscal Year: 2016..ii) the protein content of insulin dependent (GLUT4/GLUT12) and glucose-mediated glucose transporters (GLUT1/GLUT3/GLUT11) and gene expression in skeletal muscle in subjects with IFG, IGT and NGT;(iii) the level of transcription ..
- Diet Impacts Nutrient Transfer to Subsequent GenerationsDonald Novak; Fiscal Year: 2004..to fetal glucose homeostasis, particularly in times of stress, are placental glucose transporters, GLUT1 and GLUT3, and placental amino acid transport System A, responsible for the Na+-dependent transfer of small neutral amino ..
- OXYGEN SENSING IN EUKARYOTIC CELLSMark Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2000..including erythropoietin (Epo), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and the glucose transporters GLUT1 and GLUT3, has also been shown to be upregulated by the transition metals cobalt, nickel, and manganese...
- BRAIN GLUCOSE TRANSPORT AND UTILIZATION IN FASAnn Snyder; Fiscal Year: 2001..Developmental changes in the expression of brain glucose transporters, GLUT 1 and GLUT 3, suggest that these genes are regulated to meet the changing metabolic requirements of immature brain...
- METABOLIC CONTROL OF SUGAR TRANSPORTAnthony Carruthers; Fiscal Year: 2007..regulation by swapping GLUT1 loop 6 and C-terminal domains with equivalent sequence from ATP- insensitive isomers (GLUT3 & 4) and testing chimeras for functional and structural ATP-sensitivity...
- Coordination of fetal growth by nutrient availabilityNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A HUMAN PLACENTA VILLOUS MICROPERFUSIONNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..This model will provide the basis for new investigations in placental transport, metabolism, and signaling and structural biology. ..
- Placenta Association of the Americas satellite meetingNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..These meetings have been very successful previously and continue to grow in size; we had approximately 200 attendees last year and expect to exceed that at the next meeting. ..
- Placenta Association of the Americas Conference GrantNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additional support is being sought from foundations and private corporations. ..
- Blood-Brain Barrier Nutrient TransportIan Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together these studies will provide new information on the regulation of transport across the BBB and will further our understanding of nutrient and drug delivery to the brain [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PLACENTAL GLUCOSE TRANSPORT IN DIABETIC PREGNANCIESNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained from these experimental approaches will significantly advance our understanding of the fetal response to maternal diabetes and the factors generating adverse perinatal consequences. ..
- The developmental proteome of retinal progenitorMARY WEST GREENLEE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Further, this analysis will identify dozens of proteins and signaling pathways of importance for retinal development, and help to more efficiently focus further studies of differentiation of retinal progenitors. ..
- Microscopic Quantitative Mapping Ion Flux in Rat BrainKaren Briski; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will significantly advance current understanding of the cellular and molecular bases linking neuronal energetics with homeostatic regulation of glucose availability. ..
- Role of Placental Transport In Fetal GrowthSherin Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>GLUT 3, a specific facilitative glucose transporter is expressed in the trophoectoderm/trophoblasts of the placenta and ..
- Hershey Conference on Developmental Brain InjurySUSAN VANNUCCI; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- POSTNATAL ASPECTS OF A GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERSherin Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>GLUT 3, a specific facilitative glucose transporter is the predominant neuronal isoform that meets the high demand of ..
- Caudal Brain Stem Lactate Availability Regulates FeedingKaren Briski; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PERINATAL METABOLIC AND HORMONAL EFFECTSSherin U Devaskar; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of our proposed investigations will fill vital gaps in our knowledge and provide the molecular and cellular basis for perinatal nutritional perturbations causing permanent changes in feeding behavior/energy expenditure. ..
- REGULATION OF MESANGIAL CELL ECM SYNTHESIS BY GLUT1Charles Heilig; Fiscal Year: 2002..Deletion mutation analysis of activated reporter constructs will locate the limiting sequences of these cis-acting elements. ..
- Hypoglycemia and the Developing BrainSUSAN VANNUCCI; Fiscal Year: 2005....