Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC25A4
Description: solute carrier family 25 (mitochondrial carrier; adenine nucleotide translocator), member 4
Alias: AAC1, ANT, ANT 1, ANT1, MTDPS12, PEO2, PEO3, ADP,ATP carrier protein 1, ADP,ATP carrier protein, heart/skeletal muscle, adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (skeletal muscle), heart/skeletal muscle ATP/ADP translocator, solute carrier family 25 member 4
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- A comparative analysis of morphological and ecological characters of European aphids and lycaenids in relation to ant attendanceBernhard Stadler
Bayreuth Institute for Terrestrial Ecosystem Research, University of Bayreuth, 95440, Bayreuth, Germany
Oecologia 135:422-30. 2003..ants and aphids/lycaenids and (2) contrast different taxonomic levels with respect to the variance explained by ant attendance...
- Correlation between expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and the presence of CD4+ infiltrating T-lymphocyte in human primary hepatocellular carcinomaYa Wei Gao
Department of Immunology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, PR China
Hepatogastroenterology 55:345-50. 2008..the relationship among Cox-2, CD4+ TIL of tumor and CD4+ infiltrating T-lymphocytes of adjoining non-tumorous (ANT) tissues in tumor-microenvironment...
- Control of mitochondrial membrane permeabilization by adenine nucleotide translocator interacting with HIV-1 viral protein rR and Bcl-2E Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 1599, Institut Gustave Roussy, F 94805 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 193:509-19. 2001..the voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC) in the outer membrane (OM) and the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) in the inner membrane...
- Increased levels of adenine nucleotide translocator 1 protein and response to oxidative stress are early events in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy muscleDalila Laoudj-Chenivesse
Centre de Recherche en Biochimie et Macromoléculaire, FRE 2593 CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:216-24. 2005..any of the 4q35 genes, among which is the heart and muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT1)...
- Bax and adenine nucleotide translocator cooperate in the mitochondrial control of apoptosisI Marzo
CNRS, UPR 420, 19 rue Guy Moquet, F 94801 Villejuif, France
Science 281:2027-31. 1998..permeabilize membranes in response to atractyloside, a proapoptotic ligand of the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT). Bax and ANT coimmunoprecipitated and interacted in the yeast two-hybrid system...
- Mitochondrial control of cell death induced by HIV-1-encoded proteinsK F Ferri
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR1599, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, F 94805 Villejuif, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 926:149-64. 2000..Vpr exemplifies a direct MMP inducer. Vpr binds to the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT), a mitochondrial inner membrane protein which also interacts with apoptosis-regulatory proteins from the Bcl-2/Bax ..
- The HIV-1 viral protein R induces apoptosis via a direct effect on the mitochondrial permeability transition poreE Jacotot
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, F 94801 Villejuif, France
J Exp Med 191:33-46. 2000..membranes containing the purified PTPC or defined PTPC components such as the adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) combined with Bax. Again, this effect is prevented by addition of recombinant Bcl-2...
- Vpr R77Q is associated with long-term nonprogressive HIV infection and impaired induction of apoptosisJulian J Lum
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 111:1547-54. 2003..These data highlight the pathophysiologic role of Vpr in HIV-induced immune disease and suggest a novel mechanism of LTNP...
- Cyclophilin-D binds strongly to complexes of the voltage-dependent anion channel and the adenine nucleotide translocase to form the permeability transition poreM Crompton
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, UK
Eur J Biochem 258:729-35. 1998....
- [Mediators of the vascular endothelium as markers of myocardial ischemia and reperfusion]D Jambou
Service de cardiologie, , Nice
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 86:57-62. 1993..relaxing factors" (EDRFs) nitrous oxide, prostacyclin, which are vasodilators and platelet antiaggregants ant the "endothelium-derived contracting factors" (EDCFs), endothelin, PGH2, oxygen-free radicals which are ..
- Genomic characterization of Tv-ant-1, a Caenorhabditis elegans tag-61 homologue from the parasitic nematode Trichostrongylus vitrinusMin Hu
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Gene 397:12-25. 2007A full-length cDNA (Tv-ant-1) encoding an adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT or ADP/ATP translocase) (Tv-ANT-1) was isolated from Trichostrongylus vitrinus (order Strongylida), an economically important parasitic nematode of small ..
- The adenine nucleotide translocase type 1 (ANT1): a new factor in mitochondrial diseaseJ Daniel Sharer
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
IUBMB Life 57:607-14. 2005..are associated with dysfunction of the heart and muscle-specific isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1), a nDNA gene product that facilitates transport of ATP and ADP across the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- [Characteristics of adenine nucleotide translocator in mitochondria of rat cerebral cortex during hypobaric hypoxia exposure.]Li Fen Chen
Department of Pathophysiology, College of High Altitude Military Medicine, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 58:29-33. 2006..the present study was to explore the effects of hypoxic exposure on mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) activity and its characteristics...
- Isolation, nucleotide identification and tissue expression of three novel ovine genes-SLC25A4, SLC25A5 and SLC25A6Liangyu Yang
Faculty of Animal Science and Technology, Yunnan Agricultural University, Kunming 650201, China
Mol Biol Rep 37:2743-8. 2010The complete coding sequences of three of sheep genes SLC25A4, SLC25A5 and SLC25A6 were firstly amplified using the reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) according to the conserved sequence information of the cattle or ..
- Dominant membrane uncoupling by mutant adenine nucleotide translocase in mitochondrial diseasesXiaowen Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, NY 13210, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:4036-44. 2008..Ant also possesses a discrete membrane uncoupling activity. Specific mis-sense mutations in the human Ant1 cause autosomal dominant Progressive External Ophthalmoplegia (adPEO), mitochondrial myopathy and cardiomyopathy, ..
- Fatal anaphylaxis to indoor native fire ant stings in an infantDaniel R More
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Luke AFB, Arizona 85309, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 29:62-3. 2008..The following is a report of fatal anaphylaxis to a native fire ant sting in an infant that occurred indoors at a daycare facility. A 3-month-old female was left unattended on a bed...
- [Effects of gonadotropin releasing hormone analogues on chemotherapy-induced ovarian function damage in rats]Ping Peng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:546-50. 2007To investigate the effects of gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist (GnRH-a) and antagonist (GnRH-ant) on cyclophosphamide (CTX)-induced ovarian damage in rats.
- TGF-beta1 induction of the adenine nucleotide translocator 1 in astrocytes occurs through Smads and Sp1 transcription factorsAlick K T Law
Department of Physiology, Emory University, Atlanta, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:1. 2004The adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (Ant1) is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein involved with energy mobilization during oxidative phosphorylation...
- Look before leaping: foraging selectivity of capuchin monkeys on acacia trees in Costa RicaHilary Young
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, T2N IN4 Calgary, AB, Canada
Oecologia 155:85-92. 2008..Depending on the size and species of ant colony, individual acacia trees may be differentially protected...
- [Ant venoms: a rare cause of allergic reactions in Switzerland]J D Seebach
Departement fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik A, Universitatsspital, Ramistrasse 100, C HOER 31 CH 8091 Zürich
Schweiz Med Wochenschr 130:1805-13. 2000..several patients with sensitisation or allergy to the venom of imported fire ants (Solenopsis), a species of ant found in the Americas...
- Effects of oil pollution at Kuwait's greater Al-Burgan oil field on polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon concentrations in the tissues of the desert lizard Acanthodactylus scutellatus and their ant preyMona A Al-Hashem
Department of Biological Sciences, Kuwait University, Safat, State of Kuwait
Ecotoxicology 16:551-5. 2007..Ants from the same sites were also collected and treated in a similar manner. Lizard and ant whole body tissues were subjected to gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) to determine concentrations of ..
- Adenine nucleotide translocator 1 deficiency increases resistance of mouse brain and neurons to excitotoxic insultsJaewon Lee
Center for Molecular and Mitochondrial Medicine and Genetics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3940, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:364-70. 2009..The mouse has three Ant isoforms: Ant1 expressed in heart, muscle, and brain; Ant2 expressed in all tissues but muscle; and Ant4 expressed primarily in ..
- MITOCHIP assessment of differential gene expression in the skeletal muscle of Ant1 knockout mice: coordinate regulation of OXPHOS, antioxidant, and apoptotic genesVaidya Subramaniam
Center of Molecular and Mitochondrial Medicine and Genetics MAMMAG and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California Irvine, 2010 Hewitt Hall, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1777:666-75. 2008Genetic inactivation of the nuclear-encoded mitochondrial heart-muscle adenine nucleotide translocator-1 (ANT1), which exports mitochondrial ATP to the cytosol in both humans (ANT1-/-) and mice (Ant1-/-), results in lactic acidosis and ..
- Leptin and thyroxine during sexual development in male monkeys: effect of neonatal gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist treatment and delayed puberty on the developmental pattern of leptin and thyroxine secretionD R Mann
Department of Physiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 146:891-8. 2002Neonatal treatment of male monkeys with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist (Ant) increased the incidence of delayed puberty...
- [Exploration of left ventricular relaxation using gamma-angiography in 70 hypertensive subjects. Practical consequences and implications]J P Ollivier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1109-14. 1989This study was performed to evaluate the incidence ant the practical consequences of left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in hypertensive...
- The origin of the attine ant-fungus mutualismU G Mueller
Section of Integrative Biology, Patterson Laboratories, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Q Rev Biol 76:169-97. 2001..1894), in rotting wood (Forel 1902), as mycorrhizae (Garling 1979), on arthropod corpses (von Ihering 1894) or ant faeces in nest middens (Wheeler 1907)...
- Adenine nucleotide (ADP/ATP) translocase 3 participates in the tumor necrosis factor induced apoptosis of MCF-7 cellsZiqiang Yang
National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Mol Biol Cell 18:4681-9. 2007Mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is believed to be a component or a regulatory component of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mtPTP), which controls mitochondrial permeability transition during apoptosis...
- Presence of a group II intron in a multiresistant Serratia marcescens strain that harbors three integrons and a novel gene fusionDaniela Centron
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1402-9. 2002..By PCR, hybridization, and sequencing analyses, we found that integron 1 has the dfrA1 and ant(3")-Ia cassettes...
- Effects of large mammalian herbivores and ant symbionts on condensed tannins of Acacia drepanolobium in KenyaDavid Ward
Mitrani Department for Desert Ecology and Ramon Science Centre, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Sede Boqer, Israel
J Chem Ecol 28:921-37. 2002..total exclusion, antelope only, and megaherbivore (elephants and giraffes) + antelope] and with four different ant symbiont species on the trees...
- Diminished cardioprotective response to inhibition of angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensin II type 1 receptor in B(2) kinin receptor gene knockout miceX P Yang
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Circ Res 88:1072-9. 2001..effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEi) or angiotensin II type 1 receptor antagonists (AT(1)-ant), whereas lack of B(2) receptors may diminish this cardioprotective effect...
- Aggressive interactions between Solenopsis invicta and Linepithema humile (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) under laboratory conditionsJ N Kabashima
University of California Cooperative Extension Orange County, 1045 Arlington Dr, Gate 4, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
J Econ Entomol 100:148-54. 2007The Argentine ant, Linepithema humile (Mayr), and the red imported fire ant, Solenopsis invicta Buren, are natural agonists in their country of origin. Since the first report of L...
- Compatibility of imported fire ant whole body extract with cat, ragweed, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, and timothy grass allergensTonya S Rans
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas 78236, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 102:57-61. 2009Recommendations regarding the administration of imported fire ant whole body extract (IFA WBE) combined with aeroallergens or environmental allergens in a single immunotherapy injection are lacking.
- Hormone responses to sedative drugs and cold exposure in two rat lines with high and low alcohol sensitivityE R Korpi
Research Laboratories, Alko Ltd, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 41:795-9. 1992..The alcohol-sensitive ANT rats had significantly lower plasma corticosterone concentrations than the alcohol-insensitive AT rats 30 min after ..
- The adenine nucleotide translocase: a central component of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore and key player in cell deathAndrew P Halestrap
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Curr Med Chem 10:1507-25. 2003In addition to its normal function, the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) forms the inner membrane channel of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore (MPTP)...
- Eliminating the Ant1 isoform produces a mouse with CPEO pathology but normal ocular motilityHang Yin
Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur, Georgia 30033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:4555-62. 2005The adenine nucleotide transporter 1 gene (ANT1) encodes an inner mitochondrial membrane protein that transports ATP into the cell. Mutations within ANT1 produce a syndrome of chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia (CPEO) in humans...
- Biodiversity loss in Latin American coffee landscapes: review of the evidence on ants, birds, and treesStacy M Philpott
Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center, Washington, DC 20013, USA
Conserv Biol 22:1093-1105. 2008..We quantitatively reviewed data from ant, bird, and tree biodiversity studies in coffee agroecosystems to address the following questions: Does species ..
- Impact of adenosine nucleotide translocase (ANT) proline isomerization on Ca2+-induced cysteine relative mobility/mitochondrial permeability transition poreCezar R Pestana
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
J Bioenerg Biomembr 42:329-35. 2010Mitochondrial membrane carriers containing proline and cysteine, such as adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT), are potential targets of cyclophilin D (CyP-D) and potential Ca(2+)-induced permeability transition pore (PTP) components or ..
- The interaction between Cistaceae and a highly specific seed-harvester ant in a Mediterranean scrublandF Bastida
Departamento de Ciencias Agroforestales, Universidad de Huelva, Huelva, Spain
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 11:46-56. 2009We studied the interaction between the ant Goniomma kugleri and Cistaceae in a Cistus ladanifer-dominated scrubland, in southwestern Spain...
- Carboxyatractyloside effects on brown-fat mitochondria imply that the adenine nucleotide translocator isoforms ANT1 and ANT2 may be responsible for basal and fatty-acid-induced uncoupling respectivelyIrina G Shabalina
The Wenner Gren Institute, The Arrhenius Laboratories F3, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem J 399:405-14. 2006..However, in liver, only Ant2 mRNA was found, whereas in brown adipose tissue, Ant1 and Ant2 mRNA levels were equal...
- Changes in monoterpene emission rates of Quercus ilex infested by aphids tended by native or invasive Lasius ant speciesCarolina I Paris
Department of Animal Biology, Plant Biology and Ecology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Edifici C, Campus de Bellaterra UAB, Cerdanyola del Vallès Bellaterra, 08193, Barcelona, Spain
J Chem Ecol 36:689-98. 2010..The effect of Lachnus roboris aphids and two different tending ant species on terpene emission rates of 4-year-old holm oak (Quercus ilex) saplings was investigated during a field ..
- Catching ants with honey: an experimental test of distraction and satiation as alternative modes of escape from flower-damaging antsCandace Galen
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, 105 Tucker Hall, Columbia, MO 65211 7400, USA
Oecologia 144:80-7. 2005..hypothesis, extrafloral nectaries (EFN) evolved under selection to entice ants away from floral nectaries, reducing ant-mediated damage to flowers and/or interference with pollinators...
- Wolbachia transmission dynamics in Formica wood antsLumi Viljakainen
Department of Biology, PO Box 3000, 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
BMC Evol Biol 8:55. 2008..compared the sequence diversity of wsp (Wolbachia surface protein gene) and the host mtDNA in a group of Formica ant species that have diverged approximately 0.5 million years ago (MYA)...
- The role of extrafloral nectar amino acids for the preferences of facultative and obligate ant mutualistsMarcia González-Teuber
Department of General Botany Plant Ecology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Chem Ecol 35:459-68. 2009..Among Mesoamerican Acacia species, obligate myrmecophytes produce EFN constitutively to nourish symbiotic ant mutualists, while non-myrmecophytes induce EFN secretion in response to herbivore damage to attract non-symbiotic ..
- The effect of anthracene and phenanthrene on the growth, photosynthesis, and SOD activity of the green alga Scenedesmus armatus depends on the PAR irradiance and CO2 levelA Aksmann
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Gdansk, al MarszaŁka PiŁsudskiego 46, 81 378 Gdynia, Poland
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 47:177-84. 2004Short-term (24-h) experiments were performed to examine the effect of phenanthrene (PHE) and anthracene (ANT) on algae grown in a batch culture system at irradiances of 12, 33, 48, and 64 W m(-2) of the PAR range...
- Stability of Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper) Ant venom for use in immunotherapyMichael D Wiese
School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, GPO Box 2471, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, Australia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:303-10. 2011Allergy to Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper Ant) venom is common in Australia, affecting ∼2.7% of some communities...
- Ectopic expression of the human adenine nucleotide translocase, isoform 3 (ANT-3). Characterization of ligand binding propertiesA K Carroll
MitoKor, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mitochondrion 5:1-13. 2005The adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is a key component in maintaining cellular energy homeostasis, and has also been implicated in formation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore...
- Ca(2+) binding to c-state of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT)-surrounding cardiolipins enhances (ANT)-Cys(56) relative mobility: a computational-based mitochondrial permeability transition studyCezar R Pestana
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14040 903 Ribeirão Preto SP, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:176-82. 2009The oxidation of critical cysteines/related thiols of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is believed to be an important event of the Ca(2+)-induced mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT), a process mediated by a cyclosporine A/ADP-..
- Use of antibiotics and roxarsone in broiler chickens in the USA: analysis for the years 1995 to 2000H D Chapman
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
Poult Sci 81:356-64. 2002In 1995, an antibiotic (ANT) was used in starter, grower, and withdrawal (WD) feeds by 94.3, 98.2, and 75.1% of broiler production units, but by 2000, ANT use had declined to 64.8, 66.9, and 48.1% respectively...
- Inhibition of ovulation in the rat by a leukotriene B(4) receptor antagonistM Matousek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 7:35-42. 2001..B(4) in the ovulatory process of the rat was investigated by the use of a LTB(4)-receptor antagonist (ZK158252 = L-ANT) administered either intrabursally in vivo or to the in-vitro perfused ovary...
- NMR-based analysis of aminoglycoside recognition by the resistance enzyme ANT(4'): the pattern of OH/NH3(+) substitution determines the preferred antibiotic binding mode and is critical for drug inactivationJulia Revuelta
Instituto de Química Orgánica general CSIC, Madrid 28006, Spain
J Am Chem Soc 130:5086-103. 2008..Herein, we analyze several key aspects of the aminoglycoside recognition by the resistance enzyme ANT(4') from Staphylococcus aureus, employing NMR complemented with site-directed mutagenesis experiments and ..
- Cloning of two pectate lyase genes from the marine Antarctic bacterium Pseudoalteromonas haloplanktis strain ANT/505 and characterization of the enzymesL V Truong
Institute of Biotechnology, National Center of Natural Science and Technology, Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
Extremophiles 5:35-44. 2001A marine Antarctic psychrotolerant bacterium (strain ANT/505), isolated from sea ice-covered surface water from the Southern Ocean, showed pectinolytic activity on citrus pectin agar...
- Accelerated mitochondrial adenosine diphosphate/adenosine triphosphate transport improves hypertension-induced heart diseaseThomas Walther
Charite Universitatsmedizin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Cardiology and Pneumonology, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 115:333-44. 2007..An adequate exchange of ATP and ADP over the inner mitochondrial membrane by the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is thereby essential to guarantee the cellular energy supply.
- Thermal ecology of the neotropical army ant Eciton burchelliiJoe E Meisel
Department of Zoology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Ecol Appl 16:913-22. 2006I explored the thermal ecology of Eciton burchellii, a New World army ant, in primary forest and forest fragments in the Atlantic lowlands of Costa Rica in 2002 and 2003...
- Ant mimicry by an aphid parasitoid, Lysiphlebus fabarumArash Rasekh
Department of Plant Protection, College of Agriculture, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
J Insect Sci 10:126. 2010..Aphis fabae Scopoli (Hemiptera: Aphididae), that possesses various highly evolved adaptations for foraging within ant-tended aphid colonies...
- Plant genotype shapes ant-aphid interactions: implications for community structure and indirect plant defenseKailen A Mooney
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Am Nat 171:E195-205. 2008..Populations of the ant-tended aphid Aphis asclepiadis and the untended aphid Myzocallis asclepiadis varied eight- to 18-fold among ..
- Trade-offs underlying polyphagy in a facultative ant-tended florivorous butterfly: the role of host plant quality and enemy-free spaceDaniela Rodrigues
Departamento de Biologia Animal, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Oecologia 163:719-28. 2010..Plant traits such as presence of ant-treehopper associations as a source of enemy-free space, flower bud dimensions, toughness, thickness, trichomes, ..
- Myrmecia pilosula (Jack Jumper) ant venom: identification of allergens and revised nomenclatureM D Wiese
Department of Pharmacy, Royal Hobart Hospital, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Allergy 62:437-43. 2007The 'Jack Jumper Ant' (JJA; Myrmecia pilosula species complex) is the major cause of ant sting anaphylaxis in Australia...
- [Restless legs syndrome and periodic leg movements during sleep in patients with sleep apnea--a therapeutic problem?]P Dorow
Medizinische Klinik I, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Pneumologie 51:716-20. 1997..Simultaneous videorecordings and EMG of mm. tibialis ant. ensure diagnosis. Therapeutic regime may be difficult due to failure or side effects, however...
- Fire ant-detecting canines: a complementary method in detecting red imported fire antsHui Min Lin
Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 128 Sec 2, Academia Rd, Nankang, 11592, Taiwan
J Econ Entomol 104:225-31. 2011..The methodology could assist in reducing the frequency and scope of chemical treatments for red imported fire ant management and thus reduce labor costs and chemical use as well as improve control and quarantine efficiency...
- The congenital "ant-egg" cataract phenotype is caused by a missense mutation in connexin46Lars Hansen
The Wilhelm Johannsen Centre for Functional Genome Research, Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Vis 12:1033-9. 2006b>Ant-egg" cataract is a rare, distinct variety of congenital/infantile cataract that was reported in a large Danish family in 1967...
- [Analysis on 168 rRNA methylase genes and aminoglycoside modifying enzymes genes in Enterobacter cloacae in China]Zhi Mi Huang
Microbiology Laboratory, 98th Hospital of People s Liberation Army, Huzhou 313000, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 29:369-73. 2008..To investigate the 16S rRNA methylase genes and Aminoglycoside modifying enzymes (AMEs) genes in Enterobacter cloacae isolated from the People's Liberation Army 98th Hospital, Huzhou district, Zhejiang province, China...
- Enhancement of fibrinolytic activity in vascular endothelial cells by heterologous expression of adenine nucleotide translocase-1Chikako Ishida
Department of Physiology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Ohno Higashi, Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:272-8. 2010..Its amino acid sequence has matched that of human adenine nucleotide translocase-1 (ANT1)...
- The evolution of genome size in antsNeil D Tsutsui
Department of Environmental Science, Policy and Management, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
BMC Evol Biol 8:64. 2008..is a useful and necessary prerequisite for the development of many genomic resources, yet it has been reported for only one ant species (Solenopsis invicta), and the two published estimates for this species differ by 146.7 Mb (0.15 pg).
- Preparation and biological evaluation of 64Cu-CB-TE2A-sst2-ANT, a somatostatin antagonist for PET imaging of somatostatin receptor-positive tumorsThaddeus J Wadas
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Nucl Med 49:1819-27. 2008Recently, the somatostatin receptor subtype 2 (SSTR2) selective antagonist sst2-ANT was determined to have a high affinity for SSTR2...
- Preference of food particle size among several urban ant speciesLinda M Hooper-Bùi
Department of Entomology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Econ Entomol 95:1222-8. 2002Appropriate particle size may be a critical characteristic for effective granular ant baits. We examined the particle size preference of six species of pest ants to an anchovy-based bait...
- Habitat complexity facilitates coexistence in a tropical ant communityM Sarty
School of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, P O Box 600, Wellington, New Zealand
Oecologia 149:465-73. 2006The role of habitat complexity in the coexistence of ant species is poorly understood. Here, we examine the influence of habitat complexity on coexistence patterns in ant communities of the remote Pacific atoll of Tokelau...
- Effects of habitat fragmentation and degradation on flocks of African ant-following birdsMarcell K Peters
Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum A Koenig, Adenauerallee 160, D 53113 Bonn, Germany
Ecol Appl 18:847-58. 2008..neglected) ecological phenomena in African rain forests is the interaction between swarm-raiding army ants and ant-following birds...
- Evolutionary history of Wolbachia infections in the fire ant Solenopsis invictaMichael E Ahrens
Department of Entomology, 643 Russell Labs, 1630 Linden Drive, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 USA
BMC Evol Biol 5:35. 2005..Wolbachia genome infecting 138 individuals from eleven geographically distributed native populations of the fire ant Solenopsis invicta...
- [Calcified aortic stenosis in patients over 80 years of age. Results of surgical treatment. Observations in 67 consecutive cases]Y Logeais
Clinique chirurgicale cardiovasculaire et thoracique, , Rennes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1397-9. 1990..1988 for calcific aortic stenosis in 67 consecutive patients over 80 years of age; the operative risk is assessed ant the results are compared with those of balloon valvuloplasty...
- Imported fire ant stings: clinical manifestations and treatmentP R Cohen
Department of Dermatology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77030
Pediatr Dermatol 9:44-8. 1992..child developed a characteristic localized cutaneous reaction at the sites of numerous stings after disturbing an ant mound. He experienced no secondary complications, and his pustular lesions resolved with conservative treatment.
- Mitochondrial pathology in inclusion body myositisUlrika Lindgren
Department of Pathology, Institute of Biomedicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Neuromuscul Disord 25:281-8. 2015..POLG was analyzed in all patients by Sanger sequencing and C10orf2 (Twinkle), DNA2, MGME1, OPA1, POLG2, RRM2B, SLC25A4 and TYMP in six patients by next generation sequencing...
- Phylogeny of three parapatric species of desert ants, Cataglyphis bicolor, C. viatica, and C. savignyi: a comparison of mitochondrial DNA, nuclear DNA, and morphological dataMarkus Knaden
Department of Zoology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Zoology (Jena) 108:169-77. 2005Due to morphological comparisons the Tunisian desert ant species Cataglyphis bicolor has been divided into three parapatric species: C. bicolor, C. viatica, and C. savignyi...
- Significance of the tropical fire ant Solenopsis geminata (hymenoptera: formicidae) as part of the natural enemy complex responsible for successful biological control of many tropical irrigated rice pestsM J Way
Department of Biology, Imperial College London, Berkshire, UK
Bull Entomol Res 99:503-12. 2009The tropical fire ant Solenopsis geminata (Fabricius) often nests very abundantly in the earthen banks (bunds) around irrigated rice fields in the tropics...
- [Construction and antitumor effect of recombinant adenovirus vector containing heterofusion gene NT4p53(N15)Ant]Li ping Song
Cancer Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College, Xioan Jiaotong University, Xioan, Shaanxi, 710061, P R China
Ai Zheng 27:144-8. 2008Peptide p53(N15)Ant from the amino-terminal of p53 fused with cell penetrating peptide antennapedia (Ant) can induce rapid cell death resembling necrosis in breast cancer and pancreatic cancer, whereas it is low cytotoxic to normal cells...
- Divergent investment strategies of Acacia myrmecophytes and the coexistence of mutualists and exploitersMartin Heil
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Libramiento Norte, CP 36821 Irapuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18091-6. 2009b>Ant-plant interactions represent a diversity of strategies, from exploitative to mutualistic, and how these strategies evolve is poorly understood...
- Attentional functions in major depressive disorders with and without comorbid anxietyP Lyche
Center for the Study of Human Cognition, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 26:38-47. 2011..comorbid anxiety disorder (MDDA; n = 24) with healthy controls (n = 92) on Stroop and Attentional Network Test (ANT)...
- Description of an injury in a human caused by a false tocandira (Dinoponera gigantea, Perty, 1833) with a revision on folkloric, pharmacological and clinical aspects of the giant ants of the genera Paraponera and Dinoponera (sub-family Ponerinae)Vidal Haddad Junior
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 47:235-8. 2005The authors observed an injury caused by the sting of a false tocandira ant in the hand of an amateur fisherman and they describe the clinical findings and the evolution of the envenoming, which presented an acute and violent pain, cold ..
- Entomophagy among the Luo of Kenya: a potential mineral source?Dirk L Christensen
Department of Epidemiology, Institute of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Food Sci Nutr 57:198-203. 2006..from 8 to 25 mg/100 g, and the calcium content from 33 to 341 mg/100 g in five different insects, onyoso mammon (ant), oyala (termite), ogawo (termite), agaor (termite), onjiri mammon (cricket)...
- Renoprotective effect of total glucosides of paeony (TGP) and its mechanism in experimental diabetesYonggui Wu
Department of Nephrology, First Affiliated Hospital, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
J Pharmacol Sci 109:78-87. 2009Total glucosides of paeony (TGP), extracted from the root of Paeonia lactiflora pall, has been shown to have ant-inflammatory and antioxidative actions...
- Prevalence and impact of the microsporidium Thelohania solenopsae (Microsporidia) on wild populations of red imported fire ants, Solenopsis invicta, in LouisianaMaynard L Milks
Department of Entomology, Louisiana Agricultural Experiment Station, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 97:91-102. 2008..the distribution and prevalence of Thelohania solenopsae, and its effect on the demography of the red imported fire ant (Solenopsis invicta) in Louisiana. The microsporidium was found in 9.9% of colonies and at 16% of sites...
- Species delimitation: a case study in a problematic ant taxonKenneth G Ross
Department of Entomology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Syst Biol 59:162-84. 2010..boundaries of evolutionarily independent lineages (species) within the widespread and highly variable nominal fire ant species Solenopsis saevissima, a member of a species group containing invasive pests as well as species that are ..
- Isolation of a pyrazine alarm pheromone component from the fire ant, Solenopsis invictaRobert K Vander Meer
CMAVE, ARS, USDA, 1600 SW 23rd Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
J Chem Ecol 36:163-70. 2010..However, the alarm pheromone of the fire ant, Solenopsis invicta, eluded identification for over four decades...
- The growth and form of tunnelling networks in antsJerome Buhl
Centre de Recherches sur la Cognition Animale, CNRS UMR 5169, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
J Theor Biol 243:287-98. 2006..One example is provided by ant tunnelling networks, which represent the most common nest architecture in ants...
- Pleiotropic effects of the yeast Sal1 and Aac2 carriers on mitochondrial function via an activity distinct from adenine nucleotide transportBlanka Kucejova
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 280:25-39. 2008..Finally, we found that the naturally occurring V-R+ Aac1 isoform of adenine nucleotide translocase partially gains the V function at the expense of the R function by ..
- Regional difference in ischaemia-induced myocardial interstitial noradrenaline and acetylcholine releasesToru Kawada
Department of Cardiovascular Dynamics, Advanced Medical Engineering Center, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Auton Neurosci 137:44-50. 2007..NA and ACh levels among three groups of anesthetized cats: the anterior free wall of the left ventricle (ANT group, n=7; the left anterior descending coronary artery was occluded), the posterior free wall of the left ..
- GDP and carboxyatractylate inhibit 4-hydroxynonenal-activated proton conductance to differing degrees in mitochondria from skeletal muscle and heartEnara Aguirre
Department of Regenerative Cardiology, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares CNIC, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:1716-26. 2010..inner mitochondrial membrane through effects on uncoupling proteins (UCPs) and the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT); however, the relative contribution of the two carriers to these effects is unclear...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation by Src within the cavity of the adenine nucleotide translocase 1 regulates ADP/ATP exchange in mitochondriaJianhua Feng
Dept of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Univ of Alberta, Clinical Sciences Bldg Rm 8 120, 113 St 83 Ave, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G3, Canada
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C740-8. 2010Phosphorylation of adenine nucleotide translocator 1 (ANT1) at residue Y194, which is part of the aromatic ladder located within the lumen of the carrier, critically regulates mitochondrial metabolism...
- The stinging impact of the imported fire antMichael S Tankersley
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas 78236, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 8:354-9. 2008..This overview examines the impact of their presence, specifics of their venom and approach to the treatment of the hypersensitive individuals...
- Search strategies of ants in landmark-rich habitatsAjay Narendra
Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, 2109, Australia
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 194:929-38. 2008Search is an important tool in an ant's navigational toolbox to relocate food sources and find the inconspicuous nest entrance...
- Ant behaviour and seed morphology: a missing link of myrmecochoryCrisanto Gómez
Departament de Ciències Ambientals, Universitat de Girona, 17071 Girona, Spain
Oecologia 146:244-6. 2005..When seeds mature or fall onto the ground, these ant species transport them to their nest...
- Palmitoyl-carnitine increases RyR2 oxidation and sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) leak in cardiomyocytes: Role of adenine nucleotide translocaseJ Roussel
Inserm U1046, UMR CNRS 9214, Universite de Montpellier, Montpellier, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1852:749-58. 2015..isolated cardiac mitochondria from C57Bl/6 mice, application of 10μM PC decreased adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) activity without affecting mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mPTP) opening...
- DQS advisor: a visual interface and knowledge-based system to balance dose, quality, and reconstruction speed in iterative CT reconstruction with application to NLM-regularizationZ Zheng
Visual Analytic and Imaging Lab, Computer Science Department, Stony Brook University, NY 11790, USA
Phys Med Biol 58:7857-73. 2013..Using a known gold-standard, the system uses the ant-colony optimization algorithm to generate the most effective parameter settings for a comprehensive set of DQS ..
- The Higher Classification of the Ant Subfamily Ponerinae <br />(Hymenoptera: Formicidae), with a Review of Ponerine Ecology and BehaviorC A Schmidt
Graduate Interdisciplinary Program in Entomology and Insect Science, Gould Simpson 1005, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0077 Current address Native Seeds SEARCH, 3584 E River Rd, Tucson, AZ 85718 Email
Zootaxa 3817:1-242. 2014The tribal and generic classification of the diverse ant subfamily Ponerinae (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) is revised to reflect recent molecular phylogenetic information and a reappraisal of ponerine morphological diversity...
- Kinematic analysis of selected reach directions of the Star Excursion Balance Test compared with the Y-Balance TestKarl Fullam
School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Sport Rehabil 23:27-35. 2014The Star Excursion Balance Test (SEBT) and the Y-Balance Test (YBT) have 3 common reach directions: anterior (ANT), posteromedial (PM), and posterolateral (PL)...
- Homing abilities of the Australian intertidal ant Polyrhachis sokolovaAjay Narendra
ARC Centre of Excellence in Vision Science, Research School of Biology, Division of Evolution, Ecology and Genetics, The Australian National University, ACT 0200, Australia
J Exp Biol 216:3674-81. 2013..We here identify the navigational abilities of an intertidal ant, Polyrhachis sokolova, that lives on mudflats where nests and foraging areas are frequently inundated with tidal ..
- Effects of ethanol on the accumbal output of dopamine, GABA and glutamate in alcohol-tolerant and alcohol-nontolerant ratsT Petteri Piepponen
Department of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, FIN 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 74:21-30. 2002..taurine, were studied in the alcohol-insensitive (alcohol-tolerant, AT) and alcohol-sensitive (alcohol-nontolerant, ANT) rats selected for low and high sensitivity to ethanol-induced motor impairment...
- The prevalence of aminoglycoside-modifying enzymes among coagulase negative staphylococci in Iranian pediatric patientsReza Ghotaslou
Tabriz Research Center of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
J Infect Chemother 20:569-73. 2014..5%, 16% and 7.5%, respectively. aac(6')-Ie-aph(2″)-Ia, ant(4')-Ia and aph(3')-IIIa were encountered in 56 (60.2%), 38 (40.8%) and 18 (19.3%) isolates, respectively...
- Mitochondrial (dys)function and regulation of macrophage cholesterol effluxAnne Marie Allen
Department of Life Sciences, School of Health and Life Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow G4 0BA, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 124:509-15. 2013..acute regulatory protein), mitochondrial TSPO (translocator protein), VDAC (voltage-dependent anion channel), ANT (adenine nucleotide transporter) and associated regulatory proteins...
- Expression of mitochondrial uncoupling protein 3 and adenine nucleotide translocase 1 genes in developing rat heart: putative involvement in control of mitochondrial membrane potentialLibor Skarka
Centre for Experimental Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 4, Prague, Czech Republic
J Mol Cell Cardiol 35:321-30. 2003..alpha (PPARalpha) genes was characterized by northern blotting (UCP2), real-time quantitative RT-PCR (UCP2, UCP3, ANT1, ANT2, and PPARalpha), and by immunoblotting (UCP3)...
- Short-term proteomic dynamics reveal metabolic factory for active extrafloral nectar secretion by Acacia cornigera ant-plantsDomancar Orona-Tamayo
Departamento de Ingeniería Genética, Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados Irapuato CINVESTAV, Guanajuato, Mexico
Plant J 73:546-54. 2013..Knowing the key enzymes involved and the spatio-temporal patterns in their expression will allow elucidation of mechanisms by which plants control nectar quality and quantity...
- Histrionicotoxin alkaloids finally detected in an antTappey H Jones
Department of Chemistry, Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, Virginia 24450, United States
J Nat Prod 75:1930-6. 2012Workers of the ant Carebarella bicolor collected in Panama were found to have two major poison-frog alkaloids, cis- and trans-fused decahydroquinolines (DHQs) of the 269AB type, four minor 269AB isomers, two minor 269B isomers, and three ..
- Argentine ants: A system a study genes involved in human behavioral diseaseCHRISTOPHER DAVID SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..propose to perturb the expression level of genes from the WBSCR in the social insect, Linepithema humile (Argentine ant)...
- Stochastic integrator models of collective decision-makingDeborah M Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our long-term goal is to use the red harvester ant, Pogonomyrmex barbatus, as a model for investigating the collective regulation of behavior that leads to the ..
- Regulation of variable lifespan in castes of antsHua Yan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In response to environmental cues, genetically identical individuals in the ant species Harpegnathos saltator can switch to more than 5 times longer lifespan, with changes in reproduction and ..
- Developing Male Contraceptives by Targeting ANT4Naohiro Terada; Fiscal Year: 2013..Among the four isoforms (Ant1-4) found in mammals, Ant4 is exclusively expressed in male germ cells...
- Senescence, neurodegeneration, and sensory/motor decline in a social invertebrateYsabel Milton Giraldo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The development of a social invertebrate model of aging, the ant Pheidole dentata, presents multiple advantages in the analysis of aging. 1...
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF FIRE ANT VENOMNANCY LIND; Fiscal Year: 1980..to determine the extent to which the piperidine components of the venom are responsible for the effects of fire ant stings, to investigate whether the antimicrobial activity of the venom is also due to membrane disruption, to ..
- ANT Defects in Neurodegenerative DiseasesDouglas Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2005..Humans have three ANT isoform genes: the heart-muscle ANT1, the inducible ANT2, and the constitutive ANT3...
- Studying the molecular mechanisms of social life using a novel ant model systemDANIEL KRONAUER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Here I propose to develop and use a novel genetic model system, the ant Cerapachys biroi, to study the following main questions. 1...
- CHEMICAL CONTROL OF SOCIAL BEHAVIORMichael Greene; Fiscal Year: 2003..using a comparative model system: the chemical control of social behavior in a social insect, the harvester ant (Pogonomyrmex barbatus)...
- Nanoelectrode arrays for study of the molecular mechanisms, triggers, and inhibitPeter J Burke; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the Akt signal transduction pathway, induction of hexokinase II, alteration an adenine nucleotide translocator (ANT) isoform expression, down regulation of the SOC2 cytochrome c oxidase (complex IV, COX) assembly factor, mutation ..
- SECRETION AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF INSULINMichael L McDaniel; Fiscal Year: 2012..signaling by A) examining if RNA interference of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) isoforms or MTP components, VDAC &ANT, alter the physiological responses of rodent &human islets to nutrients or GSK-3 inhibition, B) evaluating the ..
- A semi field trial test on efficacy of transgenic antimalarial biocontrol fungiRaymond J St Leger; Fiscal Year: 2013..to express arthropod toxins in comparison with a strain with wild type virulence to insects but expressing ant-malarial proteins that reduce the parasite burden in mosquitoes by 98%...
- Role of CD98 Glycoprotein in Intestinal InflammationHamed Laroui; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, my third aim will investigate the site-directed delivery of ant-CD98 siRNA using non-viral vectors encapsulated in nanoparticles (NPs) as carriers effectively inhibits induced ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF MUSCLE GLUCOSE METABOLISM IN MANLawrence J Mandarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..these techniques we also propose 3) to determine how acetylation of mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1) at lysines 10, 23, and 92 regulates ANT1 structure and function...
- A Phase 0 Trial of Hydroxychloroquine in Patients with Stage III and IV ResectablJanice Mehnert; Fiscal Year: 2010..Potential proapoptotic and/or ant proliferative effects of HCQ will also be explored through the use of pre- and post-treatment activated caspase-3, ..
- ADP: A Master Regulator for Bioenergetics and Ca2+/ROS Signaling in HeartShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 2012..One indicates that adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) is not required for mPTP, whereas the other depicts mPTP as a multi-protein complex, the ANT and the mitochondrial ..
- RECEPTOR-TARGETED COPPER RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS FOR CANCER IMAGING AND THERAPYCarolyn J Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2012..We propose to utilize the most promising somatostatin antagonist, sst2-ANT, conjugated to CB-TE2A, which complexes copper more stably in vivo than any other chelator investigated thus far...
- Role of mitochondria in cardiac protectionPeipei Ping; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our preliminary data demonstrate for the first time that multiple isoforms of VDAC (VDAC1-3) and ANT (ANT1-2) are expressed in the adult mouse heart as detected by both immunoblotting (using antibodies we developed since ..
- CMV Entry-Specific Neutralizing Antibody in Primary Infection in TransplantationMargaret L Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, in the third aim, I will characterize the influence of ant-UL131-128 neutralizing antibodies in preventing late CMV disease following primary infection in liver ..
- Cardiolipin and the mitochondrial ADP/ATP carrier interactomeSTEVEN MICHAEL CLAYPOOL; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>ANT1 deficiencies and mutations have been linked to numerous diseases including hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Mechanisms of In Vivo Ethanol-Induced Mitochondrial DepolarizationZhi Zhong; Fiscal Year: 2010..we will focus on Ca2+ cycling via the Ca2+uniporter, proton leak through the adenine nucleotide transporer (ANT), and proton leak through F0 proton channel of F1F0 ATP synthase...
- Development and Translational Assesment of a Tongue-Based Assistive Neuro-TechnolMaysam Ghovanloo; Fiscal Year: 2010..06-NS-104 Abstract/summary: Development and Translational Assessment of a Tongue-Based Assistive Neuro-Technology (ANT) for Individuals with Severe Neurological Disorders More than two million Americans suffer from paralysis as a ..
- Wireless ECoG Recording for Epilepsy MonitoringStuart F Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2013..to 29 days, which allows the recording of habitual seizure activity while the patient is on their full regimen of ant-seizure medication...
- Re-setting the Endothelial Ceramide RheostatRichard N Kolesnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Practically, combining ant- VEGF strategies under conditions that re-set ASMase activation can be taken to the clinic almost immediately...
- NEUROTOXIC MECHANISM OF METHYLMERCURY POISONINGWilliam D Atchison; Fiscal Year: 2012..chronic adult-onset (lifetime) exposure to MeHg accelerates cerebellar synaptic dysfunction associated with aging, ant its'sensitivity to protection by Ca2+ channel blocker treatment...
- Aging-related mitochondrial degeneration and degenerative diseasesXin Jie Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..External Ophthalmoplegia (adPEO), caused by gain-of-function mutations in the adenine nucleotide translocase (Ant). Ant is normally involved in ADP/ATP exchange across the mitochondrial inner membrane...
- HNE damage of adenine nucleotide translocase in ethanol-mediated neuron apoptosisGeorge I Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..transition pore complex and possibly apoptosis activation, is perturbation of adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) function by 4- hydroxynonenal (HNE) adduct formation...
- Role of nebula/DSCR1 in mitochondriaKaren T Chang; Fiscal Year: 2011..addition, we found that nebula is located ih the mitochondria, interacts with the adenine nucleotide ti-ansjocator (ANT), and is important for the maintenance of nriitochondrial functipn and integrity...
- SIRT1, Nitro-Lipids and CardioprotectionPaul S Brookes; Fiscal Year: 2013..nitro-lipids is generated in IPC, and covalently adducts mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase 1 (ANT1)...
- Living Delivery Systems to Promote Vascular Development in 3D ScaffoldsJames Blanchette; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cell viability, expression of pro- and ant-apoptotic proteins, secretion of angiogenic factors and tracking osteogenic differentiation of the ASCs are some of ..
- Drug Abuse, Sustance P and HIVWenzhe Ho; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will focus on the impact of opioids and/or SP on type 1 IFN- and APOBEC3G/3F (newly identified ant-HIV factors)-mediated innate immunity against HIV-1, as these cellular factors are the key elements of anti-HIV ..
- Molecular Biology and Genetics of Human Tumor VirusesPaul F Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2013..human tumor viruses and to translate this understanding into the identification of targets for specific anti-viral, ant-tumor therapies...
- Chemoprevention of inflammation-driven lung cancerFekadu Kassie; Fiscal Year: 2013..mouse model for inflammation-driven lung cancer and showed in in vitro studies with lung cancer cell lines that the ant proliferative and apoptotic effects of I3C plus SB were paralleled b decreased activation of the pro-inflammatory ..
- Dual Action Inhibitors of Gyrase Beta and Histidine Kinases as Broad-Spectrum AntPeter B Madrid; Fiscal Year: 2010..apos; E; T-- <.-n[unreadable] _0:N O'[unreadable] >.Q -a. =-r (II N-0 Q--:nZ U)' ..
- Adoptive T Cell Therapy Following CD25 LymphodepletionCassian Yee; Fiscal Year: 2010..by a CD25hi CD4 phenotype) are found at increased levels in patients with cancer, and may thwart an effective ant-tumor T cell response by suppressing T cell activation and effector function...
- Mortality and Macroeconomic Conditions: Differential Vulnerability and MechanismJOSE A TAPIA GRANADOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of the relative contributions of different causes of death ant the vulnerability of different demographic groups will shed light on the causes of these fluctuations, and will ..
- Evaluation of marketed drugs for rapid development as anti-cryptosporidal agentsGuan Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Cryptosporidium in vitro, we plan to extend our discovery by screening all existing drugs for their potential ant-cryptosporidia activities in vitro and in vivo...
- Optimizing Peripheral Nerve Regeneration using Computational Intelligence based TXiaojun Yu; Fiscal Year: 2011..Two swarm intelligence based methods, Ant Colony Optimization (ACO) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO), will be applied in this project to train the ANN ..
- Anchor: A PDB-Wide And Web-Based Discovery Resource Of Small Molecular Weight ProALEXANDER SIEGFRIED contact DOEMLING; Fiscal Year: 2010..applicant): R21: ANCHOR: A PDB-Wide And Web-based Discovery Resource of Small Molecular Weight Protein Interaction (Ant)agonists...
- PBEF Neutralizing Humanized Monoclonal Antibodies As Novel Therapeutic ApproachesJoe G N Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2012..We therefore propose to generate humanized ant-PBEF monoclonal antibodies (P- BEFizumab) that can be used as both prophylactic and therapeutic agents in patients ..
- Molecular Identity of the Cardiac Mitochondrial PoreCHRISTOPHER PHILIP BAINES; Fiscal Year: 2013..to consist of the voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC) in the outer membrane, the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) in the inner membrane, plus a regulatory protein cyclophilin-D (CypD) in the matrix...
- Astrocyte-mediated neuroprotection after CNS injuryRobert McKeon; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have discovered that expression of the Adenine Nucleotide Translocator-1 (Ant1) by reactive astrocytes increases after cortical injury and that this increase is mediated by the injury-induced ..
- Cannabimimetic Ligands and Endocannabinoid Active SitesMAKRIYANNIS ALEXANDROS; Fiscal Year: 2011..Monacyl Glycerol Ligase (MGL), the oxidative enzyme Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), and the Anandamide Transport system (ANT)...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF CANNABINOID ACTIVITYAlexandros Makriyannis; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information was used to design, synthesize and develop later generation CBR (ant) agonists with distinct pharmacological profiles either as molecular probes or leads for medications development...
- Defining the Mechanisms by Which Plateletes Regulate AngiogenesisElisabeth M Battinelli; Fiscal Year: 2013..To investigate the role of the platelet in storage, delivery, and function of ant-angiogenic therapy...
- A Fluorescence Displacement Assay for the Biotin Biosynthetic Enzyme BioACourtney C Aldrich; Fiscal Year: 2013..Biotin biosynthesis has recently been identified as an attractive target for the development of new ant tubercular agents...
- Mechanisms of Attention Deficits in Children with Heavy Prenatal Alcohol ExposureSARAH N MATTSON WELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..More specifically, the proposed study will use the Attention Network Test (ANT), which was designed to assess three attention networks (orient, alert, executive control) that underlie visual ..
- An Animal model to develop therapeutic strategies for FSHDRossella G Tupler; Fiscal Year: 2011..Expression analysis to all known genes mapping at 4q35, revealed that ANT1, FRG1, and FRG2 genes were over-expressed in FSHD affected muscle...
- "Protein protein interaction directed libraries"Billy W Day; Fiscal Year: 2012..protein interaction directed compound libraries" will produce 1,760 compounds based on 56 scaffolds aiming to (ant-) agonize protein protein interaction (PPI)...
- Calcium Regulation in the Progression of Muscular DystrophyNoah Weisleder; Fiscal Year: 2013..The focus of this project is to test the hypothesis that aben-ant Ca spark activity acts as a trigger for SOCE and thus induces a dystrophic cascade in mammalian skeletal muscle ..
- ANCHOR: A PDB-Wide Real Time Discovery Resource of Novel PPI (Ant)-agonistsALEXANDER SIEGFRIED DOEMLING; Fiscal Year: 2013..worldwide research groups with in vitro and/or in vivo assays with the goal of developing small molecular weight (ant)agonists...
- Altered Nuclear TransferShoukhrat M Mitalipov; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose the following specific aims: Aim 1. Establish a mouse model of ANT with improved ESC derivation...
- Genome Sequencing in Extended Bipolar PedigreesNelson B Freimer; Fiscal Year: 2013..are drawn from the related population isolates of the Central Valley of Costa Rica (CVCR) and Antioquia, Colombia (ANT)...
- PKC EPSILON AND SRC PTK SIGNALING IN PRECONDITIONINGPeipei Ping; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interestingly, we identified the cardiac isoform of the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT1) as a member of the PKCepsilon sub-proteome...
- BIOLOGICAL TESTING FACILITY - CDB-2914 OR RELATED COMPOUND, MOUSE/RAT/RABBIT TOKATHRYN BAUGHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..to permit rapid evaluation of new compositions of matter, drug formulations, delivery systems, and devices for ant-fertility and endocrine activity NICHD has supported investigators who are aggressively researching different ..
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE INHIBITION OF CELL PROLIFERATIONEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2000..The central hypothesis of this application is that second and third generation derivatives of ant-c-myc DNAs will display greater systemic potency than phosphorothioates in animal models of c-myc- dependent ..
- Applied Research on Antimicrobial Resistance (AR)Ruth Lynfield; Fiscal Year: 2006..We plan to construct a utilization profile comprised of individual elements such as length-of-stay ant procedures. We will also collect indirect costs, such as days lost from work, through case interviews...
- BIOLOGICAL TESTING FACILITY - CDB-4754KATHRYN BAUGHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..to permit rapid evaluation of new compositions of matter, drug formulations, delivery systems, and devices for ant-fertility and endocrine activity NICHD has supported investigators who are aggressively researching different ..
- Identification of Novel Genes Expressed in Bowel Cancer Using Change Mediated AntJeffrey Hillman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such proteins are likely to be useful in monitoring treatment, diagnosing this disease, and in preventing it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Demand for Older WorkersJOHN ABOWD; Fiscal Year: 2004..There are two sides to these experiences: (1) the decisions of the individuals ant heir households and (2) the decisions of the employers...
- Pathogenesis and Therapy of Sideroblastic AnemiaJeffrey Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2007..SOD2, is a critical intra-mitochondrial catalytic ant/oxidant, and deficiency of this enzyme leads to late embryonic or neonatal lethality in mice, with pathologic ..
- CONTROL MECHANISMS IN INTERMEDIARY METABOLISMEARL SHRAGO; Fiscal Year: 1990..on one of the more important proteins in cellular bioenergetics, namely the adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) located in the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- OBESE FEMALE RESTRAINED EATERS : TWO TREATMENT OPTIONSJudith Stern; Fiscal Year: 2002..Restrained eaters are individuals who are chronically concerned about their weight ant attempt to control or reduce it by limiting their energy intake...
- The Mitochondrial Permeabilty Transition in ApoptosisBrian Herman; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the outer membrane voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC), the inner membrane adenine nucleotide translocase (ANT) and matrix cyclophilin D (CypD)...
- CD45 AND GENERATION OF ISLET ALLOGRAFT TOLERANCEDavid Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..Important lead data now indicate that the ant.i-CD45-mediated shift in CD45 isoforms is associated with an upregulation of CTLA-4, a potent inhibitory molecule ..