Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC1A4
Description: solute carrier family 1 member 4
Alias: ASCT1, SATT, SPATCCM, neutral amino acid transporter A, alanine/serine/cysteine/threonine transporter 1, glutamate/neutral amino acid transporter, solute carrier family 1 (glutamate/neutral amino acid transporter), member 4
- Cloning and expression of a human neutral amino acid transporter with structural similarity to the glutamate transporter gene familyJ L Arriza
Vollum Institute for Advanced Biomedical Research, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
J Biol Chem 268:15329-32. 1993..Northern blot analyses revealed ubiquitous expression of this gene, termed ASCT1, consistent with the general metabolic role ascribed to system ASC.
- No association between genetic variants at the ASCT1 gene and schizophrenia or bipolar disorder in a German sampleMarkus H Skowronek
Psychiatr Genet 16:233-4. 2006..The gene ASCT1 (SLC1A4) coding for a Na+-dependent neutral aminoacid transporter is a member of the glutamate transporter superfamily and ..
- The envelope glycoprotein of human endogenous retrovirus type W uses a divergent family of amino acid transporters/cell surface receptorsDimitri Lavillette
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
J Virol 76:6442-52. 2002..assays, we found that HERV-W Env efficiently uses both hASCT2 and the related transporter hASCT1 (gene name, SLC1A4) as receptors...
- Changes in region- and cell type-specific expression patterns of neutral amino acid transporter 1 (ASCT-1) in the anterior cingulate cortex and hippocampus in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and major depressionS Weis
Laboratory of Brain Research and Neuropathology, Department of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, and Stanley Medical Research Institute, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 114:261-71. 2007....
- Expressed human hippocampal ASCT1 amino acid transporter exhibits a pH-dependent change in substrate specificityB K Tamarappoo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, 32610, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1279:131-6. 1996..A cloned human brain cDNA sequence, ASCT1, encodes a Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transport activity that exhibits a substrate specificity similar to ..
- Effects of arginine on intestinal epithelial cell integrity and nutrient uptakeMi Xia
Veterinary College, Nanjing Agricultural University, Weigang 1, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210095, People s Republic of China
Br J Nutr . 2016..amino acid transporter (CAT1), excitatory amino acid transporter (EAAT3) and alanine/serine/cysteine transporter (ASCT1) mRNA by IPEC-J2 cells, which was verified by elevated efficiency of amino acid uptake...
- Identification of the hASCT2-binding domain of the Env ERVWE1/syncytin-1 fusogenic glycoproteinValérie Cheynet
UMR 2714 CNRS bioMérieux, IFR128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Retrovirology 3:41. 2006....
- Regional regulation of glutamate signaling during cuprizone-induced demyelination in the brainAbolfazl Azami Tameh
Anatomical Sciences Research Center, Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Kashan, Iran Institute of Neuroanatomy, Faculty of Medicine, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany Electronic address
Ann Anat 195:415-23. 2013..co-localizing with GFAP(+) astrocytes was increased in both demyelinated CC and telencephalic cortex, whereas Slc1a4 transporter was up-regulated only in CC...
- Ensuring quality in AFRINEST and SATT: clinical standardization and monitoringStephen N Wall
Saving Newborn Lives, Save the Children, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:S39-45. 2013Three randomized open-label clinical trials [Simplified Antibiotic Therapy Trial (SATT) Bangladesh, SATT Pakistan and African Neonatal Sepsis Trial (AFRINEST)] were developed to test the equivalence of simplified antibiotic regimens ..
- Arginine vasopressin regulated ASCT1 expression in astrocytes from stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats and congenic SHRpch1_18 ratsK Yamagata
Department of Food Bioscience and Biotechnology, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University NUBS, Japan Advance Research Center on Food Function, College of Bioresource Science, NihonUniversity NUBS, Japan Electronic address
Neuroscience 267:277-85. 2014..AVP changed the production of l-serine and/or altered gene expression levels of the neural amino acid transporter (Slc1a4), 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (Phgdh) and serine racemase (SRR)...
- The nuclear receptor FXR regulates hepatic transport and metabolism of glutamine and glutamateBarbara Renga
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:1522-31. 2011..In conclusion, FXR activation regulates glutamine and glutamate metabolism and FXR ligands might have utility in the treatment of hyperammonemia states...
- Na+ interactions with the neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1Amanda J Scopelliti
From the Discipline of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006 and
J Biol Chem 289:17468-79. 2014..We have investigated the number and location of Na(+) ions required by ASCT1 by mutating residues in ASCT1 that correspond to residues in the EAATs and GltPh that are involved in Na(+) ..
- Expression of digestive enzymes and nutrient transporters in Eimeria-challenged broilersS Su
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Exp Parasitol 150:13-21. 2015..tenella. The genes examined included digestive enzymes (APN and SI), peptide and amino acid transporters (PepT1, ASCT1, b(0,+)AT/rBAT, B(0)AT, CAT1, CAT2, EAAT3, LAT1, y(+)LAT1 and y(+)LAT2), sugar transporters (GLUT1, GLUT2, GLUT5 ..
- Utilization of stored autologous PBSCs to support second autologous transplantation in multiple myeloma patients in the era of novel agent therapyC Phipps
1 Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA 2 Department of Haematology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
Bone Marrow Transplant 50:663-7. 2015..Most (N=726) had residual PBSCs in storage after their first ASCT (ASCT1). Only 135 patients underwent a second ASCT within a median of 14 months after ASCT1...
- The transmembrane transporter domain of glutamate transporters is a process tip localizerMariko Kato Hayashi
Department of Pharmacology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Sci Rep 5:9032. 2015..This is a common property of trimeric transporters including a neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1. Astrocyte specific proteins are not required for the filopodia tip localization...
- A homozygous mutation in SLC1A4 in siblings with severe intellectual disability and microcephalyM Srour
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Montreal Children s Hospital, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Canada
Clin Genet 88:e1-4. 2015..We identified only one rare variant, a missense in SLC1A4 (c. 766G>A [p...
- Mutations in SLC1A4, encoding the brain serine transporter, are associated with developmental delay, microcephaly and hypomyelinationNadirah Damseh
Department of Pediatrics, Al Makassed Islamic Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Med Genet 52:541-7. 2015..Within the brain, its synthesis is confined to astrocytes, and its shuttle to neuronal cells is performed by a dedicated neutral amino acid transporter, ASCT1.
- Expression of small intestinal nutrient transporters in embryonic and posthatch turkeysM L Weintraut
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061
Poult Sci 95:90-8. 2016..Real-time PCR was used to determine expression of aminopeptidase N (APN), one peptide (PepT1), 6 amino acid (ASCT1, b(o,+)AT, CAT1, EAAT3, LAT1, y(+)LAT2) and 3 monosaccharide (GLUT2, GLUT5, SGLT1) transporters...
- Markerless tumor tracking using short kilovoltage imaging arcs for lung image-guided radiotherapyChun Chien Shieh
Radiation Physics Laboratory, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia Institute of Medical Physics, School of Physics, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Phys Med Biol 60:9437-54. 2015..We introduce the short arc tumor tracking (SATT) method to overcome these issues...
- Sodium-dependent neutral amino acid transporter type 1 is an auxiliary receptor for baboon endogenous retrovirusM Marin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201 3098, USA
J Virol 74:8085-93. 2000..Based on these results, we found that the related ASCT1 transporters of humans and mice are efficient receptors for BaEV but are relatively inactive for RD114 and type D ..
- Serine biosynthesis and transport defectsAyman W El-Hattab
Division of Clinical Genetics and Metabolic Disorders, Pediatrics Department, Tawam Hospital, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates Electronic address
Mol Genet Metab 118:153-9. 2016..A serine transport defect resulting from deficiency of the ASCT1, the main transporter for serine in the central nervous system, has been recently described in children with ..
- Novel European SLC1A4 variant: infantile spasms and population ancestry analysisJudith Conroy
Academic Centre on Rare Diseases, School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Hum Genet 61:761-4. 2016b>SLC1A4 deficiency is a recently described neurodevelopmental disorder associated with microcephaly, global developmental delay, abnormal myelination, thin corpus callosum and seizures...
- Ascorbic acid prevents acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in mice by ameliorating glutathione recovery and autophagyToshihiro Kurahashi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Yamagata University, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 604:36-46. 2016..While in cysteine supply systems; a neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1, a cystine transporter xCT, enzymes for the transsulfuration pathway, and autophagy markers, were all elevated in ..
- Altered Expression of Genes Encoding Neurotransmitter Receptors in GnRH Neurons of Proestrous MiceCsaba Vastagh
Laboratory of Endocrine Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences Budapest, Hungary
Front Cell Neurosci 10:230. 2016..Adcy5), protein kinase A (Prkaca, Prkacb) protein kinase C (Prkca) and certain transporters (Slc1a4, Slc17a6, Slc6a17) were also changed...
- Canine ASCT1 and ASCT2 are functional receptors for RD-114 virus in dogsRokusuke Yoshikawa
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, 53 Shogoin Kawaharacho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Gen Virol 93:603-7. 2012..Further, we identified canine ASCT1 and ASCT2, sodium-dependent neutral amino acid transporters, as RD-114 virus receptors...
- Characterization of feline ASCT1 and ASCT2 as RD-114 virus receptorSayumi Shimode
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, 53 Shogoin Kawaharacho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Gen Virol 94:1608-12. 2013..Our study indicates that RD-114 virus may reinfect tissues and cells in cats, once the virus is activated. Implications of the involvement of RD-114 virus in feline oncogenesis are also discussed...
- Select nutrients in the uterine lumen of sheep and pigs affect conceptus developmentFuller W Bazer
Department of Animal Science and Center for Animal Biotechnology, Texas A and M University, Texas 77843 2471, USA
J Reprod Dev 58:180-8. 2012..Transporters for glutamate and neutral (SLC1A1, SLC1A4) and cationic (SLC7A1, SLC7A2, SLC7A7, SLC7A9) amino acids are expressed in uterine LE and SLC7A3 mRNA is ..
- Identification and characterization of a Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporter, ASCT1, in rabbit corneal epithelial cell culture and rabbit corneaSuresh Katragadda
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64110 2499, USA
Curr Eye Res 30:989-1002. 2005The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of a Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporter, ASCT1, in rabbit primary corneal epithelial cell culture and rabbit cornea.
- Altered cortical glutamatergic and GABAergic signal transmission with glial involvement in depressionP V Choudary
Center for Neuroscience and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California Davis, 1544 Newton Court, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15653-8. 2005..These findings point to previously undiscovered molecular underpinnings of the pathophysiology of major depression and offer potentially new pharmacological targets for treating depression...
- Differential expression of select members of the SLC family of genes and regulation of expression by microRNAs in the chicken oviductChul Hong Lim
World Class University Biomodulation Major, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biol Reprod 87:145. 2012..Expression of SLC1A4 (glutamate and neutral amino acid transporter), SLC13A2 (dicarboxylate transporter), and SLC35B4 (UDP-xylose: UDP-..
- Increased expression of specific intestinal amino acid and peptide transporter mRNA in rats fed by TPN is reversed by GLP-2Alison Howard
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, University of Newcastle Medical School, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Nutr 134:2957-64. 2004..Compared with orally fed rats, removal of luminal nutrition increased the expression of ASCT1, SAT2, and GLYT1 mRNAs in the duodenum and of ASCT2, EAAC1, NBAT, and PepT1 mRNAs in the ileum...
- The SLC1 high-affinity glutamate and neutral amino acid transporter familyYoshikatsu Kanai
Division of Biosystem Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Aspects Med 34:108-20. 2013..Besides glutamate transporters, the SLC1 family encompasses two transporters of neutral amino acids, ASCT1 (SLC1A4) and ASCT2 (SLC1A5)...
- Expression of digestive enzymes and nutrient transporters in the intestine of Eimeria maxima-infected chickensN E Paris
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg 24061
Poult Sci 92:1331-5. 2013..Expression of the basolateral amino acid transporter LAT1 and the amino acid transporter ASCT1 was upregulated 17- to 19-fold and 12-fold, respectively, in E...
- Identification of SSR markers associated with seed coat permeability and electrolyte leaching in soybeanR K Singh
National Research Centre for Soybean, Khandwa Road, Indore, 452 017 M P India
Physiol Mol Biol Plants 14:173-7. 2008..05) associated with seed coat permeability. One of these markers (Satt 281) also showed significant association with electrolyte leaching that partly supported the observed positive ..
- Molecular determinants for functional differences between alanine-serine-cysteine transporter 1 and other glutamate transporter family membersAmanda J Scopelliti
Discipline of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Biol Chem 288:8250-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to mutate ASCT1 to generate a transporter with functional properties of the EAATs and GltPh, to further our understanding of the ..
- Novel dicarboxylate selectivity in an insect glutamate transporter homologHui Wang
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e70947. 2013..1) gene family, including five acidic amino acid transporters (EAAT1-5) and two neutral amino acid transporters (ASCT1-2). In contrast, insects of the order Diptera possess only two SLC1 genes...
- Novel neuroglial and glioglial relationships mediated by L-serine metabolismShigeki Furuya
Neuronal Circuit Mechanisms Research Group, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Arch Histol Cytol 66:109-21. 2003..L-Serine biosynthetic enzyme 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (3PGDH) and small neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 have been revealed to be expressed preferentially in the radial glia-astrocyte lineage and olfactory ensheathing ..
- Glutamine transport in C6 glioma cells: substrate specificity and modulation in a glutamine deprived culture mediumM Dolinska
Department of Neurotoxicology, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, 02 106 Warsaw, Pawińskiego St 3, Poland
J Neurosci Res 66:959-66. 2001..pH dependence nor lithium tolerance in either medium, which is typical of an uptake mediated by the widespread ASCT1 isoform of system ASC...
- Association study of polymorphisms in the neutral amino acid transporter genes SLC1A4, SLC1A5 and the glycine transporter genes SLC6A5, SLC6A9 with schizophreniaXiangdong Deng
Division of Human Molecular Genetics, Research Center for Genetic Information, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
BMC Psychiatry 8:58. 2008..We report here association studies of schizophrenia with SLC1A4, SLC1A5 encoding neutral amino acid transporters ASCT1, ASCT2, and SLC6A5, SLC6A9 encoding glycine transporters ..
- Expression of L-serine biosynthetic enzyme 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (Phgdh) and neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 following an excitotoxic lesion in the mouse hippocampusGye Sun Jeon
Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Neurochem Res 34:827-34. 2009..L-serine biosynthetic enzyme 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (Phgdh) and the small neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 are preferentially expressed in specific glial cells in the brain...
- Select nutrients in the ovine uterine lumen. IV. Expression of neutral and acidic amino acid transporters in ovine uteri and peri-implantation conceptusesHaijun Gao
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 80:1196-208. 2009..However, SLC1A4, SLC1A5, SLC7A8, and SLC43A2 mRNAs were detectable in uterine luminal epithelia (LE), superficial glandular ..
- Dietary protein intake and stage of lactation differentially modulate amino acid transporter mRNA abundance in porcine mammary tissueJuliana Pérez Laspiur
Department of Animal Science and 5Department of Large Animal Clinical Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Nutr 139:1677-84. 2009..of cationic amino acid (AA) transporter (CAT)-1, CAT-2B, alanine/serine/cysteine/threonine transporter 1 (ASCT1), and broad specificity transporter for neutral and cationic AA (ATB(0,+)), and CAT-1 protein abundance were ..
- Uptake of 3-[125I]iodo-alpha-methyl-L-tyrosine into colon cancer DLD-1 cells: characterization and inhibitory effect of natural amino acids and amino acid-like drugsNaoto Shikano
Department of Radiological Sciences, Ibaraki Prefectural University of Health Sciences, Ami Machi, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki 300 0394, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 37:197-204. 2010..We examined 3-[(123)I]iodo-alpha-methyl-L-tyrosine ([(123)I]IMT) uptake and inhibition by amino acids and amino acid-like drugs in the human DLD-1 colon cancer cell line, to discuss correlation between the inhibition effect and structure...
- Relation of subepicardial adipose tissue thickness and clinical and metabolic parameters in obese prepubertal childrenSamil Hizli
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Kecioren Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Diabetes 11:556-62. 2010The measurement of subepicardial adipose tissue thickness (SATT) has been found to be related to insulin resistance (IR) in adults. Until now, the association between SATT and IR has not been evaluated in obese prepubertal children...
- Oxidative stress increases SNAT1 expression and stimulates cysteine uptake in freshly isolated rat cardiomyocytesNicola King
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, BS2 8HW, UK
Amino Acids 40:517-26. 2011..87 ± 16.06 pmol/μl cell vol/min, respectively. Cardiomyocytes expressed ASCT2, SNAT1 and SNAT2 but not ASCT1. Oxidative stress significantly enhanced cysteine uptake, which was attenuated by αMeAIB...
- Human endogenous retroviruses and multiple sclerosis: innocent bystanders or disease determinants?Joseph M Antony
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:162-76. 2011..Syncytin-1's receptor, ASCT1 is a neutral amino acid transporter expressed on glia and is suppressed in white matter of MS patients...
- Inner blood-retinal barrier mediates l-isomer-predominant transport of serineMasanori Tachikawa
Department of Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Pharm Sci 100:3892-903. 2011..Polymerase chain reaction analysis and immunocytochemistry revealed the expression of ASC transporters ASCT1 and ASCT2 in TR-iBRB2 cells...
- An antimicrobial peptide is downregulated in the small intestine of Eimeria maxima-infected chickensS Casterlow
Department of Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA
Poult Sci 90:1212-9. 2011..Other genes (cytochrome P450, heat shock protein 25, keratin 19, and amino acid transporter ASCT1) showed different patterns of over- or underexpression...
- The human endogenous retrovirus envelope glycoprotein, syncytin-1, regulates neuroinflammation and its receptor expression in multiple sclerosis: a role for endoplasmic reticulum chaperones in astrocytesJoseph M Antony
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Immunol 179:1210-24. 2007..In brain tissue from individuals with MS, ASCT1, a receptor for Syncytin-1 and a neutral amino acid transporter, was selectively suppressed in astrocytes (p < ..
- Active transport of alanine by the neutral amino-acid exchanger ASCT1J Pinilla
Departamento de Fisiología y Nutrición, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 79:1023-9. 2001b>ASCT1 protein is a member of the glutamate transporter superfamily, which shows system ASC selectivity and properties and has been characterized as a Na+-dependent neutral amino-acid exchanger...
- The l-isomer-selective transport of aspartic acid is mediated by ASCT2 at the blood-brain barrierKazuhiro Tetsuka
Department of Molecular Biopharmacy and Genetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences New Industry Creation Hatchery Center, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Neurochem 87:891-901. 2003..was inhibited by system ASC substrates such as l-alanine and l-serine, suggesting that system ASC transporters, ASCT1 and ASCT2, are involved in the l-isomer selective transport...
- Inducible antisense RNA targeting amino acid transporter ATB0/ASCT2 elicits apoptosis in human hepatoma cellsBryan C Fuchs
Deptartment of Biology, St Louis University, St Louis, MO 63103 2010, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G467-78. 2004..increased activities of caspases-2 and -9, marginally enhanced caspase-8 activity, and dramatically increased ASCT1 mRNA levels, presumably as a futile compensatory response...
- The glutamate/neutral amino acid transporter family SLC1: molecular, physiological and pharmacological aspectsYoshikatsu Kanai
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, 181 8611, Tokyo, Japan
Pflugers Arch 447:469-79. 2004..SLC1A3, SLC1A6, and SLC1A7, respectively) as well as the two neutral amino acid transporters, ASCT1 and ASCT2 (SLC1A4 and ALC1A5, respectively)...
- Transport of proline and hydroxyproline by the neutral amino-acid exchanger ASCT1J Pinilla-Tenas
Departamento de Fisiología y Nutrición, Universidad de Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
J Membr Biol 195:27-32. 2003b>ASCT1 is a member of the glutamate transporter superfamily cloned from human brain and characterized as a Na(+)-dependent neutral amino-acid exchanger, which displays substrate-induced chloride-channel activity and mediates concentrative ..
- Characterization of rapid and high-affinity uptake of L-serine in neurons and astrocytes in primary cultureToshifumi Yamamoto
Laboratory of Molecular Recognition, Graduate School of Integrated Science, Yokohama City University, 22 2 Seto, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, 236 0027, Japan
FEBS Lett 548:69-73. 2003..of inhibition by amino acids of the L-[(3)H]serine uptake resembled that of the system ASC transporters ASCT1 and ASCT2...
- N-linked glycosylation and sequence changes in a critical negative control region of the ASCT1 and ASCT2 neutral amino acid transporters determine their retroviral receptor functionsMariana Marin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201 3098, USA
J Virol 77:2936-45. 2003..55% identity) murine paralog (mASCT1; gene name, SLC1A4) mediates infections specifically of BaEV and HERV-W, and that N-deglycosylation of mASCT1 activates it as a ..
- Tandem transplants with different high-dose regimens improve the complete remission rates in multiple myeloma. Results of a Grupo Español de Síndromes Linfoproliferativos/Trasplante Autólogo de Médula Osea phase II trialJuan Jose Lahuerta
Hematology Departments of Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Br J Haematol 120:296-303. 2003..The first was conditioned with melphalan 200 mg/m2 (MEL200-ASCT1), and the second with cyclophosphamide, etoposide and BCNU (CBV-ASCT2)...
- Neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 is preferentially expressed in L-Ser-synthetic/storing glial cells in the mouse brain with transient expression in developing capillariesKazuhisa Sakai
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Neurosci 23:550-60. 2003..responsible for glia-borne L-Ser transport, we performed histochemical analyses on amino acid transporter ASCT1, which prefers small neutral amino acids, such as Ala, Ser, Cys, and Thr, and mediates their obligatory exchange...
- Characterization of L-glutamine transport by a human neuroblastoma cell lineMasafumi Wasa
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C1246-53. 2002..in the glutamine-deprived group, whereas glutamine deprivation did not induce changes in system ASC subtype ASCT1 mRNA expression...
- Functional identification of ASCT1 neutral amino acid transporter as the predominant system for the uptake of L-serine in rat neurons in primary cultureToshifumi Yamamoto
Laboratory of Molecular Recognition, Graduate School of Integrated Science, Yokohama City University, 22 2 Seto, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0027, Japan
Neurosci Res 49:101-11. 2004..rat neurons and astrocytes, and compared with that in human embryonic kidney (HEK293) cells transfected with rat ASCT1 cDNA...
- Ontogeny and localization of the neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 in rat brainM D Weiss
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 130:183-90. 2001b>ASCT1 is a protein that encodes System ASC, a sodium-dependent amino acid transport activity that transports primarily zwitterionic amino acids at physiological pH. ASCT1 has a 39-44% identity to the EAAT family of glutamate transporters...
- Expression of the neutral amino acids transporter ASCT1 in esophageal carcinomasM Younes
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Anticancer Res 20:3775-9. 2000..The aim of this work was to determine whether the neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 is expressed in human esophageal carcinomas, and to correlate the findings with Glut1 expression...
- Mutation screening of a neutral amino acid transporter, ASCT1, and its potential role in schizophreniaP J Bennett
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Psychiatr Genet 10:79-82. 2000..The haplotype region includes a neutral amino acid transporter, ASCT1. We mutation-screened the coding region, flanking intronic sequence and 5'-untranslated region of this transporter ..
- Feasibility of tandem autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) in induction failure or very unfavorable (UF) relapse from Hodgkin's disease (HD). SFGM/GELA Study GroupP Brice
Service d Hematologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Ann Oncol 10:1485-8. 1999..Despite high-dose therapy and ASCT some patients with aggressive HD fail to achieve long-term survival...
- ASCT-1 is a neutral amino acid exchanger with chloride channel activityN Zerangue
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 271:27991-4. 1996..Here we show that ASCT1 functions as an electroneutral exchanger that mediates negligible net amino acid flux...
- Cloning and functional characterization of a system ASC-like Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporterN Utsunomiya-Tate
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:14883-90. 1996..similarity to the mammalian glutamate transporters (40-44% identity), Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 (57% identity; Arriza, J. L., Kavanaugh, M. P., Fairman, W. A., Wu, Y.-N., Murdoch, G. H., North, R. A...
- Cloning and expression of a novel Na(+)-dependent neutral amino acid transporter structurally related to mammalian Na+/glutamate cotransportersS Shafqat
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Biol Chem 268:15351-5. 1993..The putative protein, designated SATT, is 529 amino acids long and exhibits significant amino acid sequence identity (39-44%) with mammalian L-glutamate ..
- Human neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1: structure of the gene (SLC1A4) and localization to chromosome 2p13-p15K Hofmann
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat Koln, Germany
Genomics 24:20-6. 1994..coding for a protein that turned out to be identical to the recently described neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1. The new member of the GLAST-related transporter family does not transport glutamate or aspartate but alanine, ..
- The development of BAC-end sequence-based microsatellite markers and placement in the physical and genetic maps of soybeanJeffry L Shultz
Genomics Core Facility and Center of Excellence in Soybean Research, Teaching and Outreach, and Department of Plant, Soil and Agricultural Systems, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Theor Appl Genet 114:1081-90. 2007..However, there were few class II SSRs (2-5 bp repeats with <10 iterations; mostly SIUC-Satt markers)...
- Mechanism of leukotriene D4 inhibition of Na-alanine cotransport in intestinal epithelial cellsJamilur R Talukder
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G1-G6. 2008..The mechanism of inhibition of ASCT1 (solute carrier, SLC1A4) by LTD4 is secondary to a decrease in the affinity of the cotransporter for alanine without a significant change ..
- HepG2/C3A cells respond to cysteine deprivation by induction of the amino acid deprivation/integrated stress response pathwayJeong In Lee
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Physiol Genomics 33:218-29. 2008..ASNS, ATF3, CEBPB, SLC7A11, and TRIB3); increased expression of genes for amino acid transporters (SLC7A11, SLC1A4, and SLC3A2), aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases (CARS), and, to a limited extent, amino acid metabolism (ASNS and CTH); ..
- Sequencing, bioinformatic characterization and expression pattern of a putative amino acid transporter from the parasitic cestode Echinococcus granulosusFederico Camicia
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Administración Nacional de Laboratorios e Institutos de Salud Dr Carlos G Malbrán Av Vélez Sarsfield 563, 1281 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Gene 411:1-9. 2008..for N-glycosylation between the third and fourth transmembrane domain, a highly similar hydropathy profile with ASCT1 (a known member of DAACS family), high score with SDF (Sodium Dicarboxilate Family) and similar motifs with ..
- Telemedicine and telepresence for trauma and emergency care managementR Latifi
University of Arizona, Division of Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery, Arizona Telemedicine Program, Telesurgery and International Affairs, Telemedicine Services, The University Medical Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Scand J Surg 96:281-9. 2007..The Southern Arizona Telemedicine and Telepresence (SATT) program is an inter-hospital telemedicine program, while the Tucson ER-link is a link between prehospital and ..
- Severe upper limb injuries with or without neurovascular compromise in children and adolescents--analysis of 32 casesIoannis A Ignatiadis
Department of Upper Limb and Hand Surgery and Microsurgery, KAT Hospital, Athens, Greece
Microsurgery 28:131-7. 2008..The injuries were classified according to the SATT (Severity, Anatomy, Topography, Type) classification system...
- Integrating special-needs adoption with residential treatmentJ Young
School of Social Work, University of Iowa, Iowa City
Child Welfare 71:527-35. 1992..The SATT model offers the opportunity to effectively manage the risks in adoptive placement for these children.
- Segmental and complementary expression of L-serine biosynthetic enzyme 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase and neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 in the mouse kidneyChihiro Takasaki
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Biomed Res 28:61-9. 2007..Interestingly, neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1, which preferentially transports alanine, serine, cysteine, and threonine, was selectively expressed in Phgdh-..
- Pre-steady-state currents in neutral amino acid transporters induced by photolysis of a new caged alanine derivativeZhou Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1600 Northwest 10th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Biochemistry 46:3872-80. 2007..by the neutral amino acid transporters of the solute carrier 1 [SLC1, alanine serine cysteine transporter 1 (ASCT1), and ASCT2] and SLC38 families [sodium-coupled neutral amino acid transporter 1 (SNAT1), SNAT2, and SNAT4]...
- Associations between multiple system atrophy and polymorphisms of SLC1A4, SQSTM1, and EIF4EBP1 genesHiroyuki Soma
Department of Neurology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Mov Disord 23:1161-7. 2008..protein-beta, sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1), cysteinyl-tRNA synthetase, solute carrier family 1A4 (SLC1A4), activating transcription factor 4, and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 (EIF4EBP1)...
- The effects of hypoxia-ischemia on neutral amino acid transporters in the developing rat brainAvital Leibovici
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0296, USA
Dev Neurosci 29:268-74. 2007The neutral amino acid transporters SNAT1-3 and ASCT1 play critical roles in the recycling of glutamine, and subsequently glutamate, via the glutamine-glutamate cycle...
- Functional and molecular analysis of D-serine transport in retinal Müller cellsY Dun
Department of Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Medical College of Georgia, 1459 Laney Walker Blvd, CB 2820, Augusta, GA 30912 2000, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:191-9. 2007..acids or cationic amino acids, suggesting that D-serine transport in Müller cells occurs via ASCT2 rather than ASCT1 or ATB0,+...
- Glutamate reduces secretion of l-serine in astrocytes isolated from stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsK Yamagata
Department of Food Science and Technology, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University NUBS, Fujisawa shi, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
Neuroscience 143:729-37. 2006..of the enzyme that produces l-Ser, 3-phosphoglycerate dehydrogenase (PHGDH), and a neural amino acid transporter, ASCT1, in the cultured astrocytes...
- Trophoblast fusion: fusogenic proteins, syncytins and ADAMs, and other prerequisites for syncytial fusionBerthold Huppertz
Department of Cell Biology, Histology and Embryology, Medical University Graz, Harrachgasse 21, 8010 Graz, Austria
Micron 37:509-17. 2006..Syncytin-1 is a candidate regulator of fusion together with its receptors ASCT2 (RDR) and ASCT1. Little is known about the receptor properties and the interactions between receptor and ligand...
- A pH-dependent increase in neuronal glutamate efflux in vitro: possible involvement of ASCT1Michael D Weiss
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0296, USA
Brain Res 1056:105-12. 2005..For example, the neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 is an effective transporter of glutamate at low pH...
- Distribution of neutral amino acid transporter ASCT 1 in the non-neuronal tissues of miceYoshiharu Hashimoto
Laboratory of Anatomy, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Jpn J Vet Res 52:113-24. 2004Distribution of ASCT1, a neutral amino acid transporter, in non-neuronal peripheral tissues of adult and developing mice was examined by immunohistochemistry and immunoelectron microscopy...
- Short communication: amino acid transporters in porcine mammary gland during lactationJ Pérez Laspiur
Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
J Dairy Sci 87:3235-7. 2004..was to determine whether mRNA transcripts for the amino acid (AA) transporter proteins CAT-1, CAT-2B, B(0,+), and ASCT1 are present in porcine mammary tissue (MT)...
- Confirmation of linkage and refinement of the RP28 locus for autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa on chromosome 2p14-p15 in an Indian familyArun Kumar
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Mol Vis 10:399-402. 2004..To report the linkage analysis of retinitis pigmentosa (RP) in an Indian family...
- AMINO ACID TRANSPORT IN HYPOXIC-ISCHEMIC ENCEPHALOPATHYMichael Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>ASCT1 is a neutral amino acid transporter at physiologic pH, but at lower pH shifts its substrate specificity to accept ..
- Altered transport and epigenomic changes in maneb-potentiated neurotoxicityJAMES R ROEDE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Of particular interest, Ala-, Ser-, Cys- preferring transporter-1 (ASCT-1 (Slc1a4)) and proton coupled, divalent metal ion transporter (LSH (Slc11a1)) were induced greater than 2-fold by MB and PQ+..
- JAMES R ROEDE; Fiscal Year: 2015..Of particular interest, Ala-, Ser-, Cys- preferring transporter-1 (ASCT-1 (Slc1a4)) and proton coupled, divalent metal ion transporter (LSH (Slc11a1)) were induced greater than 2-fold by MB and PQ+..
- REGULATION OF GLUTAMINE TRANSPORT IN AGING BRAINNEVILLE BROOKES; Fiscal Year: 1999..Three cloned transporters (ASCT1, ASCT2, ATB0), related to the glutamate transporter family, are known to exhibit System ASC-like properties, but ..
- OVINE INTERFERON-TAU REGULATES UTERINE HORMONE RECEPTORFuller Bazer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Bridges to the Doctorate in Reproductive BiologyFuller Bazer; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF INTESTINAL IRON ABSORPTIONMatthias Hediger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Stem Cell Therapy for HIEMichael Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project begins to explore a potential therapy, stem cell transplants, for HIE using an animal model. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..