Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC1A1
Description: solute carrier family 1 member 1
Alias: DCBXA, EAAC1, EAAT3, SCZD18, excitatory amino acid transporter 3, excitatory amino acid carrier 1, neuronal and epithelial glutamate transporter, sodium-dependent glutamate/aspartate transporter 3, solute carrier family 1 (neuronal/epithelial high affinity glutamate transporter, system Xag), member 1
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Functional comparisons of three glutamate transporter subtypes cloned from human motor cortexJ L Arriza
Vollum Institute for Advanced Biomedical Research, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
J Neurosci 14:5559-69. 1994..Three glutamate transporters expressed in human motor cortex, termed EAAT1, EAAT2, and EAAT3 (for excitatory amino acid transporter), have been characterized by their molecular cloning and functional ..
- Modulation of the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1 by the interacting protein GTRAP3-18C I Lin
Johns Hopkins University, Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Nature 410:84-8. 2001Excitatory amino-acid carrier 1 (EAAC1) is a high-affinity Na+-dependent L-glutamate/D,L-aspartate cell-membrane transport protein. It is expressed in brain as well as several non-nervous tissues...
- Glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1 associated with obsessive-compulsive disorderPaul Daniel Arnold
Neurogenetics Section, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:769-76. 2006..This region contains the gene encoding the neuronal glutamate transporter, SLC1A1. SLC1A1 represents an excellent candidate gene for OCD based on evidence from neuroimaging and animal studies that ..
- Association testing of the positional and functional candidate gene SLC1A1/EAAC1 in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorderDiane E Dickel
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:778-85. 2006..The glutamate transporter gene solute carrier family 1, member 1 (SLC1A1) is a promising functional candidate in this region because altered glutamatergic concentrations have been found ..
- Association of the SLC1A1 glutamate transporter gene and obsessive-compulsive disorderS Evelyn Stewart
Psychiatric Neurodevelopmental and Genetics Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:1027-33. 2007..Two separate proximal haplotypes in the glutamate transporter gene, SLC1A1, were recently reported to be associated with OCD among males, but replication is required.
- Transport direction determines the kinetics of substrate transport by the glutamate transporter EAAC1Zhou Zhang
University of Miami School of Medicine, 1600 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18025-30. 2007Glutamate transport by the excitatory amino acid carrier EAAC1 is known to be reversible...
- A haplotype containing quantitative trait loci for SLC1A1 gene expression and its association with obsessive-compulsive disorderJens R Wendland
Laboratory of Clinical Science, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:408-16. 2009Recent evidence from linkage analyses and follow-up candidate gene studies supports the involvement of SLC1A1, which encodes the neuronal glutamate transporter, in the development of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Association of the glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1 with atypical antipsychotics-induced obsessive-compulsive symptomsJun Soo Kwon
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:1233-41. 2009..The glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1, which was recently reported to be associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), is a promising candidate ..
- Glutamate transporter gene (SLC1A1) single nucleotide polymorphism (rs301430) and repetitive behaviors and anxiety in children with autism spectrum disorderKenneth D Gadow
Department of Psychiatry, Stony Brook University, New York, NY, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 40:1139-45. 2010Investigated association of single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) rs301430 in glutamate transporter gene (SLC1A1) with severity of repetitive behaviors (obsessive-compulsive behaviors, tics) and anxiety in children with autism spectrum ..
- Comprehensive family-based association study of the glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1 in obsessive-compulsive disorderJack Samuels
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:472-7. 2011b>SLC1A1 encodes a neuronal glutamate transporter and is a promising candidate gene for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Interaction between genetic variants of DLGAP3 and SLC1A1 affecting the risk of atypical antipsychotics-induced obsessive-compulsive symptomsSeunghyong Ryu
Department of Psychiatry, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:949-59. 2011..the interactions between DLGAP3 and a previously reported susceptibility gene, the glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1, regarding this phenotype...
- Association of SNPs linked to increased expression of SLC1A1 with schizophreniaYasue Horiuchi
Department of Medical Genetics, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:30-7. 2012..The SLC1A1 gene located at 9p24 encodes the glutamate transporter EAAT3/EAAC1...
- Deletion at the SLC1A1 glutamate transporter gene co-segregates with schizophrenia and bipolar schizoaffective disorder in a 5-generation familyMarina Myles-Worsley
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 162:87-95. 2013..We investigated a deletion at the SLC1A1 glutamate transporter gene originally identified as a copy number variant exclusively carried by members of a 5-..
- Association study of polymorphisms in the glutamate transporter genes SLC1A1, SLC1A3, and SLC1A6 with schizophreniaXiangdong Deng
Division of Disease Genes, Research Center for Genetic Information, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:271-8. 2007..We report here association studies of schizophrenia with three glutamate transporter genes SLC1A1, SLC1A3, and SLC1A6 encoding the glutamate transporters EAAT3, EAAT1, and EAAT4, respectively...
- A family-based association study of the glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1 in obsessive-compulsive disorder in 378 familiesY Y Shugart
Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21044, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:886-92. 2009SLC1A encodes the neuronal and epithelial glutamate transporter and was previously tested as a candidate for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) by several research groups...
- Family-Based Association Testing of OCD-associated SNPs of SLC1A1 in an autism sampleCamille W Brune
Institute for Juvenile Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA
Autism Res 1:108-13. 2008Reports identified the neuronal glutamate transporter gene, SLC1A1 (OMIM 133550, chromosome 9p24), as a positional and functional candidate gene for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Analysis of 9p24 and 11p12-13 regions in autism spectrum disorders: rs1340513 in the JMJD2C gene is associated with ASDs in Finnish sampleKatri Kantojärvi
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Psychiatr Genet 20:102-8. 2010..Considering the common metabolic pathway and recent results from association studies both in OCD and ASDs, a question, whether there is common molecular background in ASDs and OCD, was raised...
- Polymorphisms in the glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1 and obsessive-compulsive symptoms induced by second-generation antipsychotic agentsFrederike Schirmbeck
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central Institute of Mental Health, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Psychiatr Genet 22:245-52. 2012..risk factor for these secondary OCS was recently described in the gene SLC1A1 encoding the neuronal glutamate transporter excitatory amino acid carrier 1. The aim of this study was to replicate these findings in a European sample.
- A Na+-dependent electrogenic glutamate transporter current in voltage-clamped cells of corpora allata in the cricket Gryllus bimaculatusK Kosakai
Department of Biology, Tokyo Gakugei University, Japan
J Comp Physiol B 171:303-12. 2001..the cricket is similar to the high affinity glutamate transporters cloned from human brain, especially EAAT1 and EAAT3. Unlike mammalian transporters, however, serine-O-sulfate has the most potent action, suggesting the unique ..
- The role of phosphodiesterase isoforms 2, 5, and 9 in the regulation of NO-dependent and NO-independent cGMP production in the rat cervical spinal cordJ de Vente
European Graduate School of Neuroscience EURON, Maastricht University, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, UNS50, POB 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Chem Neuroanat 31:275-303. 2006..molecules for acetylcholine, GABA, and glutamate (type 1 and type 2), parvalbumin, glutamate transporter molecule EAAT3, synaptophysin, substance P, calcitonin gene-related peptide, and isolectin B4...
- Amitriptyline preserves morphine's antinociceptive effect by regulating the glutamate transporter GLAST and GLT-1 trafficking and excitatory amino acids concentration in morphine-tolerant ratsYueh Hua Tai
Graduate Institute of Medical Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Pain 129:343-54. 2007..infusion induced antinociceptive tolerance and down-regulation of glutamate transporters (GTs), GLAST, GLT-1, and EAAC1, expression in the rat spinal cord dorsal horn...
- Preventive effects of intrathecal methylprednisolone administration on spinal cord ischemia in rats: the role of excitatory amino acid metabolizing systemsG J Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuroscience 147:294-303. 2007..e. the Glu-Asp transporter (GLAST), Glu transporter-1 (GLT-1), and excitatory amino acid carrier one (EAAC1); glutamine synthetase (GS); and glutamate dehydrogenase (GDH)) in spinal cord ischemia...
- Functional roles of high-affinity glutamate transporters in cochlear afferent synaptic transmission in the mouseZhiqiang Chen
Eaton Peabody Laboratory, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston MA 02114, USA
J Neurophysiol 103:2581-6. 2010..all three transporters [glutamate/aspartate transporter (GLAST), glutamate transporter-1 (GLT1), and excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1)]. l-serine-O-sulfate (SOS) blocks both GLAST and EAAC1 without effect on GLT1...
- PKC-dependent stimulation of EAAT3 glutamate transporter does not require the integrity of actin cytoskeletonMassimiliano G Bianchi
Unit of General and Clinical Pathology, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Parma, Italy
Neurochem Int 48:341-9. 2006The activity and the membrane expression of EAAT3 glutamate transporter are stimulated upon PKC activation by phorbol esters in C6 rat glioma cells...
- Amitriptyline induces nuclear transcription factor-kappaB-dependent glutamate transporter upregulation in chronic morphine-infused ratsY H Tai
Department of Anesthesiology, Tri Service General Hospital and National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuroscience 153:823-31. 2008..transporter (GLAST) and glutamate transporter-1 (GLT-1) and restores neuronal glutamate transporter excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1) expression in chronically morphine-infused rats...
- Substrate translocation kinetics of excitatory amino acid carrier 1 probed with laser-pulse photolysis of a new photolabile precursor of D-aspartic acidC Grewer
Max Planck Institut fur Biophysik, Kennedyallee 70, D 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
Biochemistry 40:232-40. 2001..D-aspartate), and its application for studying the molecular mechanism of the neuronal excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1)...
- Relationships between glutamine, glutamate, and GABA in nerve endings under Pb-toxicity conditionsLidia Struzynska
Laboratory of Pathobiochemistry of the Central Nervous System, Department of Neurochemistry, Medical Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences, 5 Pawinskiego Str, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
J Inorg Biochem 98:951-8. 2004..However, the K(+)-evoked release of Glu increases by 20% over control values and the quantity of neuronal EAAC1 transporter for glutamate reaches remarkably higher levels after Pb treatment...
- Cooperation of the conserved aspartate 439 and bound amino acid substrate is important for high-affinity Na+ binding to the glutamate transporter EAAC1Zhen Tao
University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Gen Physiol 129:331-44. 2007The neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1 contains several conserved acidic amino acids in its transmembrane domain, which are possibly important in catalyzing transport and/or binding of co/countertransported cations...
- Changes in messenger RNA abundance of amino acid transporters in rat mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation, and weaningGabriela Aleman
Departamento de Fisiologia de la Nutricion, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, DF 14000, Mexico
Metabolism 58:594-601. 2009..was to establish the pattern of changes in messenger RNA abundance of the amino acid transporters ASC, system L, EAAC1, GLAST, CAT-1, and Tau in the mammary gland of the rat during different stages of pregnancy and lactation...
- Amitriptyline pretreatment preserves the antinociceptive effect of morphine in pertussis toxin-treated rats by lowering CSF excitatory amino acid concentrations and reversing the downregulation of glutamate transportersJui An Lin
Department of Anesthesiology, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Brain Res 1232:61-9. 2008..higher in baseline-P dialysates than in baseline-B dialysates, and the expression of the GTs (GLT-1, GLAST, and EAAC1) was downregulated by PTX treatment. Acute injection of PTX-treated rats with either AMI (15 microg, i.t...
- Suppressive effects of intrathecal granulocyte colony-stimulating factor on excessive release of excitatory amino acids in the spinal cerebrospinal fluid of rats with cord ischemia: role of glutamate transportersW F Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Neuroscience 165:1217-32. 2010..transporters (GTs), glial transporter Glu-Asp transporter (GLAST), Glu transporter-1 (GLT-1), and excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1) protein 48 h after spinal cord ischemic surgery...
- Properties of excitatory amino acid transport in the human U373 astrocytoma cell lineJ Dunlop
CNS Disorders, Wyeth Ayerst Research, Princeton, NJ 08543 8000, USA
Brain Res 839:235-42. 1999..Transcripts for both the EAAT1 and EAAT3 transporter subtypes were detected but not for EAATs 2, 4, and 5...
- Modulation of extracellular glutamate concentration in rat brain slices by cystine-glutamate exchangeO Warr
Department of Physiology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Physiol 514:783-93. 1999..in the Bergmann glia ensheathing the Purkinje cells), nor did it block the current produced by EAAT4 and EAAC1 glutamate transporters in Purkinje cells...
- Corticosterone decreases the activity of rat glutamate transporter type 3 expressed in Xenopus oocytesMaehwa Kang
Department of Anesthesiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Steroids 75:1113-8. 2010..We investigated the effects of corticosterone on the activity of a glutamate transporter, excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1; also called excitatory amino acid transporter type 3 [EAAT3]), and the roles of protein ..
- Inhibition of the glutamate transporter EAAC1 expressed in Xenopus oocytes by phorbol estersD Trotti
Membrane Biology Program, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Brain Res 914:196-203. 2001..direct activation of protein kinases C or A modulates the activity of the sodium-dependent glutamate transporter EAAC1. EAAC1 modulation was studied in cRNA-injected Xenopus oocytes by measuring [3H]L-glutamate uptake or glutamate-..
- Astrocyte glutamate transporters regulate metabotropic glutamate receptor-mediated excitation of hippocampal interneuronsYanhua H Huang
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 24:4551-9. 2004..these transporters, we examined mGluR1 EPSCs in mice lacking GLAST (for glutamate-aspartate transporter; EAAT1) or EAAC1 (for excitatory amino acid carrier; EAAT3)...
- Aspartate-444 is essential for productive substrate interactions in a neuronal glutamate transporterShlomit Teichman
Department of Biochemistry, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Gen Physiol 129:527-39. 2007..One of these, aspartate-444 of the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1, is conserved in glutamate transporters, but a serine residue occupies this position in DctA transporters...
- Benzodiazepines differently modulate EAAT1/GLAST and EAAT2/GLT1 glutamate transporters expressed in CHO cellsMonica Palmada
Department of Epithelial Cell Physiology, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Physiology, Otto Hahn Strasse 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Neurochem Int 40:321-6. 2002..that low concentrations of benzodiazepines stimulate the transport activity of the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAT3, whereas high concentrations inhibit it...
- The expression of glutamate transporters in chest compression-induced audiogenic epilepsy: a comparative studyZhaofeng Lu
Department of Neurosurgery, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Neurol Res 30:915-9. 2008This study was conducted to compare the expression of three glutamate transporter subtypes (GLAST, GLT-1 and EAAC1) in rats undergoing chest compression-induced global cerebral ischemia in the presence and absence of cerebral ischemia-..
- Select nutrients in the ovine uterine lumen. IV. Expression of neutral and acidic amino acid transporters in ovine uteri and peri-implantation conceptusesHaijun Gao
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 80:1196-208. 2009..b>SLC1A1 and SLC7A5 mRNAs were most abundant in LE/sGE and GE...
- Spinal cord GLT-1 glutamate transporter and blood glutamic acid alterations in motor neuron degeneration (Mnd) miceT Mennini
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
J Neurol Sci 157:31-6. 1998..Spinal EAAC1 glutamate transporter protein was significantly decreased in some but not all aged mice by 36% on average, ..
- Aspartate transporter expression and activity in hypertrophic rat heart and ischaemia-reperfusion injuryNicola King
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
J Physiol 556:849-58. 2004..b>EAAT3 protein expression in isolated cells and vesicles from normal and hypertrophied hearts was investigated by Western ..
- Mutation in the glutamate transporter EAAT1 causes episodic ataxia, hemiplegia, and seizuresJ C Jen
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neurology 65:529-34. 2005..Mutant gene products of both CACNA1A and ATP1A2 may affect neurotransmission of glutamate, the most abundant excitatory amino acid neurotransmitter...
- Plasma membrane expression of the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1 is regulated by glial factors: evidence for different regulatory pathways associated with neuronal maturationS Lortet
IC2N IBDML, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 6216, Parc Scientifique et Technologique de Luminy, Marseille Cedex 09, France
Neurochem Int 52:1373-82. 2008..neurotransmitter is removed from the synaptic cleft by high affinity amino acid transporters located on neurons (EAAC1) and astrocytes (GLAST and GLT1), and a coordinated action of these cells is necessary in order to regulate ..
- A carboxyl-terminal determinant of the neuronal glutamate transporter, EAAC1, is required for platelet-derived growth factor-dependent traffickingAmanda L Sheldon
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4318, USA
J Biol Chem 281:4876-86. 2006The neuronal glutamate transporter, EAAC1 (excitatory amino acid carrier 1), undergoes rapid regulation after treatment with platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) or phorbol ester in C6 glioma cells and neurons...
- Caveolin-1 regulates the delivery and endocytosis of the glutamate transporter, excitatory amino acid carrier 1Marco I Gonzalez
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4318, USA
J Biol Chem 282:29855-65. 2007The sodium-dependent glutamate transporter, excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1), has been implicated in the regulation of excitatory signaling and prevention of cell death in the nervous system...
- Constitutive endocytosis and recycling of the neuronal glutamate transporter, excitatory amino acid carrier 1Marco I Gonzalez
Departments of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurochem 103:1917-31. 2007The neuronal glutamate transporter, excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1), has a diverse array of physiologic and metabolic functions...
- The glutamate transporter excitatory amino acid carrier 1 associates with the actin-binding protein alpha-adducinM G Bianchi
Unit of General and Clinical Pathology, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Neuroscience 169:584-95. 2010b>Excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1) belongs to the family of the Na(+)-dependent glutamate carriers...
- Characterization and distribution of the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1 in rat brainM Velaz-Faircloth
Department of Pharmacology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Physiol 270:C67-75. 1996..glutamate transporters; two are thought to be primarily glial in origin (GLAST and GLT-1) and the third (EAAC1) is localized to neurons in the brain and other nonneural tissues...
- Early loss of the glutamate transporter splice-variant GLT-1v in rat cerebral cortex following lateral fluid-percussion injuryJae Hyuk Yi
Department of Medicine, Hopital Saint Luc, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Glia 49:121-33. 2005..percussion on the levels of the glutamate transporter proteins GLT-1alpha, its splice variant GLT-1v, GLAST, and EAAC1 in the rat in order to evaluate their pathogenetic role in this model of traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Characterization of novel aryl-ether, biaryl, and fluorene aspartic acid and diaminopropionic acid analogs as potent inhibitors of the high-affinity glutamate transporter EAAT2John Dunlop
Discovery Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Mol Pharmacol 68:974-82. 2005..WAY-213613 was the most selective of the compounds examined, with IC(50) values for inhibition of EAAT1 and EAAT3 of 5 and 3.8 microM, respectively, corresponding to a 59- and 45-fold selectivity toward EAAT2...
- Dietary protein quality and feed restriction influence abundance of nutrient transporter mRNA in the small intestine of broiler chicksElizabeth R Gilbert
Department of Animal and Poultry Sciences, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Nutr 138:262-71. 2008..acid transporter [Na+-independent cationic and zwitterionic amino acid transporter (b(o,+)AT), excitatory amino acid transporter 3 (EAAT3), Na+-independent cationic and Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporter (y+ LAT2), and ..
- Modulation of the neural glutamate transporter EAAC1 by the addicsin-interacting protein ARL6IP1Saori Akiduki
Age Dimension Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 6, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566
J Biol Chem 283:31323-32. 2008..protein 3-18 (GTRAP3-18), a putative negative modulator of Na+-dependent neural glutamate transporter-excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1)...
- Functions of glutamate transporters in cerebellar Purkinje cell synapsesY Takayasu
Department of Otolaryngology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 197:1-12. 2009..Four distinct glutamate transporters, GLAST/EAAT1, GLT-1/EAAT2, EAAC1/EAAT3 and EAAT4, are distributed in the molecular layer of the cerebellum, especially near glutamatergic synapses ..
- Interleukin-1 attenuates normal tension glaucoma-like retinal degeneration in EAAC1-deficient miceKazuhiko Namekata
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, 2 6 Musashidai, Fuchu, Tokyo 183 8526, Japan
Neurosci Lett 465:160-4. 2009..retina, glutamate/aspartate transporter (GLAST) is localized to Müller glial cells, whereas excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1) is expressed in neural cells, including RGCs...
- Muscarinic receptor stimulation of D-aspartate uptake into human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells is attenuated by hypoosmolarityDaniel J Foster
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 333:297-309. 2010..of control) in the uptake of D-aspartate and, concurrently, a cellular redistribution of the excitatory amino acid transporter 3 (EAAT3) to the plasma membrane...
- Elevated cortical extracellular fluid glutamate in transgenic mice expressing human mutant (G93A) Cu/Zn superoxide dismutaseG M Alexander
Department of Neurology, MCP Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102 1192, USA
J Neurochem 74:1666-73. 2000..using intracerebral microdialysis and western immunoblot assays for the glutamate transporters GLT-1, GLAST, and EAAC1. The basal extracellular fluid levels of aspartate, glutamate, glutamine, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid, and 5-..
- Cytoskeleton-related trafficking of the EAAC1 glutamate transporter after activation of the G(q/11)-coupled neurotensin receptor NTS1Mustapha Najimi
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Expérimentale, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 54, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
FEBS Lett 523:224-8. 2002The possible modulation of the glutamate transporter EAAC1 by a class A G protein-coupled receptor was studied in transfected C6 glioma cells stably expressing the high-affinity neurotensin receptor NTS1...
- Expression of glutamate transporters in the medial and lateral vestibular nuclei during rat postnatal developmentGina Devau
INSERM U432, Universite Montpellier II, CC 089, Place Eugene Bataillon, FR 34095 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Dev Neurosci 25:332-42. 2003The postnatal developmental expression and the distribution of the glutamate transporters (GLAST, GLT-1 and EAAC1) were analyzed in rat vestibular nuclei (VN), at birth and during the following 4 weeks...
- Development of the caput epididymidis studied by expressed proteins (a glutamate transporter, a lipocalin and beta-galactosidase) in the c-ros knockout and wild-type mice with prepubertally ligated efferent ductsC E Avram
Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, Domagkstrasse 11, 48129, Munster, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 317:23-34. 2004Expression of a glutamate transporter (EAAC1), a lipocalin (MEP17) and beta-galactosidase (beta-Gal) in histological sections was used to monitor post-natal development of the murine epididymis...
- Increased internalisation and degradation of GLT-1 glial glutamate transporter in a cell model for familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)Cristina Vanoni
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, C E N D Center of Excellence on Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Milan, IN CNR Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Section, Via Vanvitelli 32, 20129 Milano, Italy
J Cell Sci 117:5417-26. 2004..MDCK cell system showed reduced total glial GLT-1 expression, with no change in the expression of the neuronal EAAC1 glutamate transporter isoform...
- Involvement of glial glutamate transporters in morphine dependenceTakayuki Nakagawa
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1025:383-8. 2004..Extracellular glutamate released from nerve terminals is counterbalanced by glutamate transporters in neurons (EAAC1 and EAAT4) and glial cells (GLT-1 and GLAST), thereby modulating the glutamatergic system and protecting neurons ..
- Acute treatment with diphenyl diselenide inhibits glutamate uptake into rat hippocampal slices and modifies glutamate transporters, SNAP-25, and GFAP immunocontentAna P Ardais
Laboratory of Studies on the Purinergic System, Post Graduation Program in Biological Sciences Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Health and Basic Sciences Institute, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
Toxicol Sci 113:434-43. 2010..of glial (glutamate/aspartate transporter [GLAST] and glutamate transporter type I [GLT1]), neuronal (excitatory amino acid carrier 1 [EAAC1]), and vesicular (vesicular glutamate transporter 1 [VGLUT1]) glutamate transporters...
- Glutamate, excitatory amino acid transporters, Xc- antiporter, glutamine synthetase, and gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase in human corneal epitheliumMarlyn P Langford
Department of Ophthalmology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Curr Eye Res 35:202-11. 2010....
- Evaluation of 3-nitrotyrosine as a marker for 3-nitropropionic acid-induced oxidative stress in Lewis and Wistar rats and strain-specific whole brain spheroid culturesCharlotte E Teunissen
European Graduate School of Neuroscience EURON, Universiteit Maastricht, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, P O Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Brain Res 931:5-20. 2002..In addition, staining of EAAC1, anti-2',3'-cyclic nucleotide 3'-phosphohydrolase and ED1 was diminished after treatment of spheroid cultures with ..
- Association of excitatory amino acid transporters, especially EAAT2, with cholesterol-rich lipid raft microdomains: importance for excitatory amino acid transporter localization and functionMatthew E R Butchbach
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, 333 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34388-96. 2004..These effects were also observed in neuronal glutamate transporter EAAT3 but to a lesser extent...
- Glutamate transporter localization does not correspond to the temporary functional recovery and late degeneration after acute ocular ischemia in ratsNigel L Barnett
Vision, Touch and Hearing Research Centre, School of Biomedical Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Exp Eye Res 79:513-24. 2004..To determine whether the localization of retinal glutamate transporters is affected by retinal ischaemia and whether their ability to transport glutamate decreases with the progression of ischemic retinal and optic nerve degeneration...
- H+-coupled nutrient, micronutrient and drug transporters in the mammalian small intestineDavid T Thwaites
Epithelial Research Group, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Exp Physiol 92:603-19. 2007..SLC46A1); the sodium-glucose linked cotransporter SGLT1 (SLC5A1); and the excitatory amino acid carrier EAAC1 (SLC1A1)...
- Differential distribution of the glutamate transporters GLT1 and rEAAC1 in rat cerebral cortex and thalamus: an in situ hybridization analysisR Torp
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway
Anat Embryol (Berl) 195:317-26. 1997..cortex and thalamus of the mRNAs encoding the glutamate transporters GLT1 and rEAAC1 (a rat homologue of rabbit EAAC1) were investigated by nonautoradiographic in situ hybridization using digoxigenin-labelled riboprobes...
- Diversity of glutamate transporter expression and function in the mammalian retinaT Rauen
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Frankfurt, Federal Republic of Germany
Amino Acids 19:53-62. 2000..GLAST1, GLT1, EAAC1 and EAAT5 are expressed in the retina and exhibit unique localisation and functional properties...
- Methyl-beta-cyclodextrin but not retinoic acid reduces EAAT3-mediated glutamate uptake and increases GTRAP3-18 expressionMatthew E R Butchbach
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State Biochemistry Program, The Ohio State University, 333 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1239, USA
J Neurochem 84:891-4. 2003The Na+-dependent glutamate transporter EAAT3 facilitates glutamate uptake into neurons as well as many other cell types...
- Expression profile of addicsin/GTRAP3-18 mRNA in mouse brainKoutarou Inoue
Age Dimension Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Neurosci Lett 386:184-8. 2005..protein 3-18 (GTRAP3-18), a putative modulator of neural glutamate-transporter excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1). The other molecular functions of addicsin, however, remain largely unknown...
- Evidence against enhanced glutamate transport in the anticonvulsant mechanism of the ketogenic dietKristopher J Bough
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Epilepsy Res 74:232-6. 2007..the anticonvulsant ketogenic diet (KD) results in increased mRNA expression of the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1, elevated energy reserves, and an increased resistance to seizures in rats...
- Prenatal exposure to the cannabinoid receptor agonist WIN 55,212-2 increases glutamate uptake through overexpression of GLT1 and EAAC1 glutamate transporter subtypes in rat frontal cerebral cortexPasqualina Castaldo
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Tronto 10 A, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Neuropharmacology 53:369-78. 2007..revealed that prenatal WIN exposure enhanced the expression of glutamate transporter 1 (GLT1) and excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1)...
- [Role of glutamate transporters in excitatory synapses in cerebellar Purkinje cells]Seiji Ozawa
Regent Office, Gunma University, 4 2 Aramaki, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8510, Japan
Brain Nerve 59:669-76. 2007..In the CNS, five distinct glutamate transporters (GLAST/EAAT1, GLT-1/EAAT2, EAAC1/EAAT3, EAAT4 and EAAT5) have been cloned...
- Genetics of obsessive-compulsive disorder: a research updateMarco Grados
The Johns Hopkins University, CMSC 346, Baltimore, MD 21287 3325, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 7:967-80. 2007..while promising, are not yet associated with linkage regions, except in the case of the glutamate transporter gene SLC1A1 in 9p24...
- Morphine induces ubiquitin-proteasome activity and glutamate transporter degradationLiling Yang
MGH Center for Translational Pain Research, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 283:21703-13. 2008..we show that chronic morphine exposure induced posttranscriptional down-regulation of the glutamate transporter EAAC1 in C6 glioma cells with a concurrent decrease in glutamate uptake and increase in proteasome activity, which were ..
- Abnormal expression of glutamate transporter and transporter interacting molecules in prefrontal cortex in elderly patients with schizophreniaDeborah Bauer
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0017, United States
Schizophr Res 104:108-20. 2008..To test this, we measured expression of EAAT1, EAAT2, EAAT3, and EAAT interacting proteins in postmortem tissue from the dorsolateral prefrontal and anterior cingulate cortex ..
- Critical role of s465 in protein kinase C-increased rat glutamate transporter type 3 activityHee Jung Baik
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Int J Neurosci 119:1419-28. 2009..Activation of protein kinase C (PKC) increases the activity of EAAT type 3 (EAAT3), the major neuronal EAAT...
- Neuronal transporters regulate glutamate clearance, NMDA receptor activation, and synaptic plasticity in the hippocampusAnnalisa Scimemi
Synaptic Physiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 3701, USA
J Neurosci 29:14581-95. 2009..Here we show that EAAC1, the predominant neuronal glutamate transporter at excitatory synapses in hippocampal area CA1, buffers glutamate ..
- Inward-facing conformation of glutamate transporters as revealed by their inverted-topology structural repeatsThomas J Crisman
Computational Structural Biology Group, The Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Max von Laue Strasse 3, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:20752-7. 2009..To test this model, we introduced pairs of cysteines into the neuronal glutamate transporter EAAC1, at positions that are >27 A apart in the crystal structures of GltPh, but approximately = 10 A apart in the ..
- Co-administration of ultra-low dose naloxone attenuates morphine tolerance in rats via attenuation of NMDA receptor neurotransmission and suppression of neuroinflammation in the spinal cordsShinn Long Lin
Graduate Institute of Medical Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 96:236-45. 2010..5days induced (1) antinociceptive tolerance, (2) downregulation of glutamate transporters (GTs) GLT-1, GLAST, and EAAC1, (3) increasing of NMDA receptor (NMDAR) NR1 subunit expression and phosphorylation, (4) upregulation of protein ..
- Neurosteroid allopregnanolone regulates EAAC1-mediated glutamate uptake and triggers actin changes in Schwann cellsCarla Perego
Department of Molecular Sciences Applied to Biosystems, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Cell Physiol 227:1740-51. 2012..We first demonstrate that Schwann cells express the EAAC1 transporter in the plasma membrane and in intracellular vesicular compartments of the endocytic recycling pathways...
- Specificity and actions of an arylaspartate inhibitor of glutamate transport at the Schaffer collateral-CA1 pyramidal cell synapseWeinan Sun
Center for Structural and Functional Neuroscience, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23765. 2011..Although L-TBA exhibited approximately four-fold selectivity for neuronal EAAT3 over glial EAAT1/EAAT2 transporter subtypes expressed in Xenopus oocytes, the L-TBA concentration-dependence of ..
- Phenolic alkaloids from Menispermum dauricum rhizome protect against brain ischemia injury via regulation of GLT-1, EAAC1 and ROS generationBo Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Molecules 17:2725-37. 2012..extracellular glutamate content and markedly prevented the effects induced by OGD on protein level of GLT-1 and EAAC1 glutamate transporters. In addition, it reduced intracellular ROS generation...
- GABA, glutamate, dopamine and serotonin transporters expression on forgettingRuth Tellez
Depto de Farmacobiología, Mexico
Neurobiol Learn Mem 98:66-77. 2012..Hence, in this paper western-blot analysis was used to evaluate expression of GAT1, EAAC1, DAT and SERT during forgetting in trained and untrained rats treated with the selective serotonin transporter ..
- Changes in relative organ weights and intestinal transporter gene expression in embryos from White Plymouth Rock and WENS Yellow Feather ChickensXiang Guang Li
College of Animal Science, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, 510642, PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 164:368-75. 2013..The levels of gene expression of SLC7A9, SLC1A1 and SLC15A1 in the small intestine increased during embryo development and were affected by breed...
- Protonation state of a conserved acidic amino acid involved in Na(+) binding to the glutamate transporter EAAC1Juddy Mwaura
Department of Chemistry, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY 13902, USA
ACS Chem Neurosci 3:1073-83. 2012..While the kinetics of Na(+)/glutamate exchange were slowed, the apparent valence (z) of the charge moved in EAAC1 D454N (0.71) was similar to that of EAAC1 WT (0.64)...
- Glutamate transporter type 3 knockout leads to decreased heart rate possibly via parasympathetic mechanismJiao Deng
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia Health System, 1 Hospital Drive, PO Box 800710, Charlottesville, VA, 22908 0710, USA
Transgenic Res 22:757-66. 2013..We showed that EAAT type 3 (EAAT3) knockout mice had a slower heart rate than wild-type mice when they were anesthetized...
- Gliopreventive effects of guanosine against glucose deprivation in vitroAndré Quincozes-Santos
Departamento de Bioquimica, Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Biológicas Bioquímica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2600, Anexo Bairro Santa Cecília, 90035 003, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Purinergic Signal 9:643-54. 2013..Glucose deprivation decreased the level of EAAC1, the main glutamate transporter present in C6 cells...
- Genetic deletion of the neuronal glutamate transporter, EAAC1, results in decreased neuronal death after pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusMeredith C Lane
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurochem Int 73:152-8. 2014b>Excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1 also called EAAT3) is a Na(+)-dependent glutamate transporter expressed by both glutamatergic and GABAergic neurons...
- Glutamate transporter type 3 regulates mouse hippocampal GluR1 traffickingJiangbei Cao
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA Department of Anesthesiology and Operation Center, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1840:1640-5. 2014..GluR1 is an AMPAR subunit. We have shown that mice with knockout of excitatory amino acid transporter type 3 (EAAT3), a neuronal glutamate transporter, have impaired learning and memory...
- Identification of tomoregulin-1 as a novel addicsin-associated factorTaku Arano
Biomedical Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan Department of Biomolecular Science, Graduate School of Science, Toho University, 2 2 1 Miyama, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8510, Japan
Neurochem Int 71:22-35. 2014..protein 3-18 (GTRAP3-18), a negative modulator of the neural glutamate transporter excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1)...
- A critical role of glutamate transporter type 3 in the learning and memory of miceZhi Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, United States Department of Anesthesiology, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Neurobiol Learn Mem 114:70-80. 2014..learning and memory are associated with trafficking of excitatory amino acid transporter type 3 (EAAT3) to the plasma membrane...
- Renin-angiotensin system regulates neurodegeneration in a mouse model of normal tension glaucomaK Semba
1 Visual Research Project, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo, Japan 2 Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Cell Death Dis 5:e1333. 2014..In the mammalian retina, excitatory amino acid carrier 1 (EAAC1) is expressed in neural cells, including RGCs, and the loss of EAAC1 leads to RGC degeneration ..
- Amphetamine modulates excitatory neurotransmission through endocytosis of the glutamate transporter EAAT3 in dopamine neuronsSuzanne M Underhill
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, NIH NIMH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Electronic address
Neuron 83:404-16. 2014..neurons through the dopamine transporter, it stimulates endocytosis of an excitatory amino acid transporter, EAAT3, in dopamine neurons...
- Ethanol impairment of spontaneous alternation behaviour and associated changes in medial prefrontal glutamatergic gene expression precede putative markers of dependenceChris Pickering
University of Gothenburg, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology at the Sahlgrenska Academy, Department of Psychiatry and Neurochemistry, Addiction Biology Unit, Gothenburg, Sweden Electronic address
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 132:63-70. 2015..of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, NMDA NR2A subunit, mGluR8 receptor, Homer1, the glutamate transporters SLC1a1 and SLC1a6 and Srr...
- Gabapentin inhibits the activity of the rat excitatory glutamate transporter 3 expressed in Xenopus oocytesYang Sook Gil
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Bestian Hospital, Seoul 939 24, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 762:112-7. 2015..We investigated the effect of gabapentin on the activity of excitatory amino acid transporter 3 (EAAT3) that can regulate extracellular glutamate concentrations...
- Exercise-Mediated Increase in Nigral Tyrosine Hydroxylase Is Accompanied by Increased Nigral GFR-α1 and EAAC1 Expression in Aging RatsJennifer C Arnold
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Neuroscience, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, United States
ACS Chem Neurosci 7:227-39. 2016..This exercise regimen did not affect glutamate uptake or glutamate transporter expression in striatum. However, EAAC1 expression increased in SN...
- Single exposure to cocaine impairs aspartate uptake in the pre-frontal cortex via dopamine D1-receptor dependent mechanismsMatheus Figueiredo Sathler
Laboratorio de Neurofarmacologia, Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Brazil Electronic address
Neuroscience 329:326-36. 2016..cAMP-mediated activation of PKA and phosphorylation of the excitatory amino acid transporters EAAT1, EAAT2 and EAAT3. We also demonstrated that cocaine exposure increases extracellular d-aspartate, l-glutamate and d-serine in the ..
- Immunohistochemical localization of the neuron-specific glutamate transporter EAAC1 (EAAT3) in rat brain and spinal cord revealed by a novel monoclonal antibodyP Shashidharan
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Brain Res 773:139-48. 1997..to amino acid residues 161-177 of the deduced sequence of the human neuron-specific glutamate transporter III (EAAC1)...
- CHARLES KENNETH MESHUL; Fiscal Year: 2016..We also find MPTP-induced changes in several glutamate transporter markers within the CPu ([unreadable]VGLUT 1, EAAC1, GLAST) and SN ('VGLUT 1/2, EAAC1, GLAST, GLT-1) that would be consistent with the decrease or increase in ..
- REGULATION OF EXTRACELLULAR EXCITOTOXINSMICHAEL BYRNE ROBINSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..we wish to pursue the hypothesis that RNA for the predominant forebrain neuronal glutamate transporter (called EAAC1 or EAAT3) is targeted to dendrites, that this targeting is dependent upon portions of the 3'untranslated ..
- Stephen W Scherer; Fiscal Year: 2016..and the Arnold and Kennedy groups demonstrate a significant association of the glutamate transporter gene, SLC1A1, and glutamate receptor gene, GRIN2B, with early-onset OCD...
- Marian DiFiglia; Fiscal Year: 2014..One neuron specific cargo affected in HD neurons is the cysteine/glutamate transporter. In HD neurons, EAAC1 dependent uptake of cysteine is impaired leading to insufficient glutathione synthesis, elevated ROS and cell ..
- High-Level Expression of Human EAAT3 for Biochemical and Structural AnalysisDIANNE LYNN DECAMP; Fiscal Year: 2011..Development of effective inhibitors is impeded by lack of a recombinant expression system for EAAT3. Current methods to assay the transporter activity of EAATs are cumbersome, and the lack of high-resolution ..
- Molecular Basis of Glutamate TransportCHRISTOF THEODOR GREWER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim 3 will comparatively analyze the functional properties of the neuronal glutamate transporter subtypes EAAT3, EAAT4 and EAAT5 and establish the role of the C-terminus in the regulation of EAAT5 activity...
- JoEllen Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2014..Through genomic profiling, we identified SLC1A1 (a glutamate transporter) and GLUL (glutamine synthetase) as vitamin D regulated genes suggesting that, like p53, ..
- Translating OCD gene-association studies into mice to examine SLC1A1 functionJeremy Veenstra-Vanderweele; Fiscal Year: 2013..To date, the only gene which has been consistently linked to OCD in human genetic studies is SLC1A1, which codes for a protein that transports the neurotransmitter glutamate...
- REGULATION OF EXTRACELLULAR EXCITOTOXINSMichael Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2006..within min) changes both the activity and cell surface expression of the three forebrain glutamate transporters, EAAC1, GLT-1, and GLAST...
- Disruption of an epigenetic locus controlling EAAC1 expression in schizophreniaMarina Myles-Worsley; Fiscal Year: 2013..This epigenetic locus is adjacent to the EAAC1 (excitatory-amino-acid-carrier-1) glutamate transporter gene, which plays an essential role in regulating ..
- PROPERTIES AND ROLES OF EXCITATORY AMINO ACID TRANSPORTRichard Bridges; Fiscal Year: 2006..AIM III Develop novel glutamate analogues as pharmacological and functional probes of EAAT3. AIM IV Conduct SAR studies on EAAT 1, 4 and 5 using conformationally constrained analogues...
- EAAC1 Transporter Associated Protein, GABA & EpilepsyJEHUDA SEPKUTY; Fiscal Year: 2003Decreasing the expression of the neuronal glutamate transporter, EAAC1, causes epilepsy in adult rats...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF BRUSH BORDER TRANSPORT PROTEINSMatthias Hediger; Fiscal Year: 1999..SGLTI and SGLT2, the Na+ and K+-dependent neuronal and epithelial high affinity glutamate transporter EAAC1, the intestinal H+-coupled oligopeptide transporter PepT1 and its renal isoform hPepT2, and the renal facilitated ..
- NEURONAL GLUTAMATE TRANSPORTER ASSOCIATED PROTEINS(GTRAPJeffrey Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2004..interact with the major intracellular domains of the two neuronal glutamate transporter subtypes: EAAT4 and EAACI (EAAT3)...
- EFFECT OF DRUGS OF ABUSE ON NEURONAL REDOX AND METHYLATION STATUSRichard C Deth; Fiscal Year: 2012..our lab have identified a critical role for the cysteine/glutamate uptake transporter EAAT3 (excitatory amino acid transporter 3) in controlling redox and methylation status in human neuronal cells...
- Ariel Y Deutch; Fiscal Year: 2016..proteins will be compared to changes in neuronal proteins (including VGluT1 and 2, GluN1 and 2, GluA1 and 2, and EAAC1) involved in glutamatergic transmission...
- Role of the Solute Carrier Gene Family in HypertensionAlanna C Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2012..Based on replication across cohorts and a meta-analysis of results, the SLC1A1 gene was significantly associated with diastolic blood pressure levels and the SLC6A13 gene was significantly ..
- Shimon Schuldiner; Fiscal Year: 2014..These are GLT-1 and EAAC1, the (Na+ + K+)-coupled plasma membrane transporters of the neurotransmitter glutamate, and rVMAT2, a vesicular H+-..
- MECHANISMS OF ACTIVE NEUROTRANSMITTER TRANSPORTShimon Schuldiner; Fiscal Year: 2009..These are GLT-1 and EAAC1, the (Na+ + K+)-coupled plasma membrane transporters of the neurotransmitter glutamate, and rVMAT2, a vesicular H+-..
- GLUTAMATE TRANSPORTERS--ALTERATIONS IN SPINAL CORD INJURSusan Queen; Fiscal Year: 1999..1c) The anatomical specificity of the Na-dependent subtypes EAAC1,GLT-1 and GLAST will be determined by immunohistochemistry with primary antibodies specific to each subtype and ..
- Dynamic regulation of inhibitory synaptic transmission through GABA metabolismGREGORY MATHEWS; Fiscal Year: 2009..inhibitory neurons is regulated by the supply of its precursor glutamate through direct uptake via Excitatory Amino Acid Transporter 3 (EAAT3], and uptake of glutamine, which can be deamidated in neurons to produce glutamate, via ..
- PGDF-Dependent Regulation of EAAC1Amanda Sheldon; Fiscal Year: 2006..b>EAAC1, a neuronal subtype, is enriched in the hippocampus and cortex, areas that are extremely sensitive to excitotoxic ..
- EAAT3 Contribution to Glutamate Uptake in the HippocampusMelissa Herman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Deciphering the role played by neuronal glutamate transporters in the hippocampus will provide useful insight into normal brain function and prevention of excess glutamate neurotoxicity. ..
- GLUTAMATE TRANSPORT AND TRANSPORTERS FOREBRIAN NEURONSPaul Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..culture, and found that the pharmacology of glutamate transport was distinct from that of the neuronal transporter EAAC1, and resembled that of GLT1, known as an astrocyte transporter...
- Expression and Function of the EAATs in the HeartJOHN RALPHE; Fiscal Year: 2009..His preliminary data has demonstrated the presence of EAAT1, EAAT2, and EAAT3 in cardiomyocytes, with EAAT1 localizing to the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- Transcription Factors & Inflammatory Mediators in StrokeRaghu Vemuganti; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal is to define the role of SOCS-3/STAT-3 in post-ischemic cerebral inflammation. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF PLACENTAL AMINO ACID TRANSPORTDonald Novak; Fiscal Year: 2002..the major focus upon transport proteins known to participate in the placental transfer of glutamate, specifically EAAC1, GLT1, and GLAST1, responsible for Na+-dependent anionic amino acid transport via System X-AG...
- Diet Impacts Nutrient Transfer to Subsequent GenerationsDonald Novak; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Egr-1 in post-stroke inflammation & brain damageRaghu Vemuganti; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal is to define the role of EgM and its regulators to develop therapies to control cerebral inflammation at the level of transcription. ..
- MECHANISMS OF INTESTINAL IRON ABSORPTIONMatthias Hediger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Gene-gene interaction in nasopharyngeal carcinomaYIN YAO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dr. Yao, PI, has been collaborating with a research group at CCSYSU in this Chinese population and recently reported evidence of linkage to chromosome 4 from a genome-wide search for susceptibility gene. ..
- Neuroprotection after Isoflurane PreconditioningZhiyi Zuo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since isoflurane has been used safely in clinical practice for many years, IsoP may prove to be a useful clinical method to reduce ischemic brain injury. ..
- The Role of Toll-Like Receptors in NPCYIN YAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF PROSTATE CITRATE PRODUCTIONRENTY FRANKLIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- METHYLPHENIDATE TREATMENT OF ADHD IN CHILDREN WITH TSKenneth Gadow; Fiscal Year: 2004..To evaluate the impact of tic severity and comorbid internalizing and externalizing symptoms on clinical outcome, children with ADHD/+tics will be compared with an additional sample of children with ADHD/-tics at ages 11 and 16 years. ..
- Novel, in Vivo Measures of Rat Spinal Cord GlutamateSusan Queen; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will be essential to validate the technique in rat spinal cord prior to application of the method to spinal cord injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXCITATORY SYNAPTIC SIGNALING BY GLUTAMATE TRANSPORTERSThomas Otis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should also lead to a better understanding of glutamate synapses and provide insight into diseases associated with malfunctions in excitatory transmission such as epilepsy and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. ..
- Molecular mechanisms of glutamate transportersHans Peter Larsson; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- OVINE INTERFERON-TAU REGULATES UTERINE HORMONE RECEPTORFuller Bazer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- LINKAGE & ASSOCIATION IN OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE DISORDERMarco Grados; Fiscal Year: 2006..Based on results from initial analyses and developing collaborations with other research groups future research projects, such as a genome-wide screen of OCD, are considered. ..
- Cellular Mechanisms of Hyperalgesia and Opioid ToleranceJianren Mao; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- FAMILY-GENETIC STUDY OF YOUTH AT RISK FOR SCHIZOPHRENIAMarina Myles Worsley; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cortical Plasticity after HemispherectomyGary Mathern; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular mechanisms of voltage-gated ion channelsHans Peter Larsson; Fiscal Year: 2006..These measurements will be used to determine how S4 moves in the different channels and will further our understanding of the different mechanisms of opening of these two classes of channels. ..
- Protein-based sensors of excitatory synaptic activityThomas Otis; Fiscal Year: 2006..A series of constructs based on fusion of a neuronal glutamate transporter (EAAT3 or EAAT4) and ion-sensitive variants of GFP will be generated. Sensor constructs will be evaluated in three stages...
- Glutamate Uptake & the Pathogenesis of Neuropathic PainJianren Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Schizophrenia in Oceanic Palau.Marina Myles Worsley; Fiscal Year: 2009..Molecular and fine-mapping studies will identify risk loci. We believe this study is unique among studies of Scz genetics for its population, sample, research team and the novelty of hypotheses and approach. ..
- OPIOID-INDUCED PAIN SENSITIVITY: CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENTJianren Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Neuropathic Pain Modulation by CannabinoidsJianren Mao; Fiscal Year: 2006..A better understanding of cannabinoid actions in neuropathic pain states could open a new avenue to developing novel pharmacological tools for the improved management of often intractable and debilitating neuropathic pain syndromes. ..
- TRAFFICKING OF A NEURONAL GLUTAMATE TRANSPORTER, EAAC1Michael Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..We and others have found that the activity of one of these transporters, called EAAC1, can be rapidly increased by either activation of protein kinase C (PKC) or the platelet-derived growth factor ..
- Molecular Basis of Glutamate TransportChristof Grewer; Fiscal Year: 2008..to be tested is that EAAT5 is a slowly-gated anion channel with little transport activity, in contrast to EAAT3 and EAAT4, which both readily transport glutamate...
- ZINC TRANSPORT RELATIONSHIPS IN PROSTATE CANCER CELLSRENTY FRANKLIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..4. To determine if decreases expression of ZIP1 and decreased zinc accumulation are characteristics of malignant cells in prostate cancer. ..
- Bridges to the Doctorate in Reproductive BiologyFuller Bazer; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..