Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC17A5
Description: solute carrier family 17 member 5
Alias: AST, ISSD, NSD, SIALIN, SIASD, SLD, sialin, H(+)/nitrate cotransporter, H(+)/sialic acid cotransporter, membrane glycoprotein HP59, sialic acid storage disease, sodium/sialic acid cotransporter, solute carrier family 17 (acidic sugar transporter), member 5, solute carrier family 17 (anion/sugar transporter), member 5, vesicular H(+)/Aspartate-glutamate cotransporter
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Pruritus in chronic hepatitis C: association with high serum bile acids, advanced pathology, and bile duct abnormalitiesE Lebovics
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
Dig Dis Sci 42:1094-9. 1997..Pruritus was present in nine (5.1%) patients. Serum AST, ALT, alkaline phosphatase, GGTP, total bilirubin, and ferritin were similar in pruritics and controls...
- [Five cases of erythema infectiosum in adults]T Takahashi
Department of Medicine, Yame General Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:469-72. 2001..Rheumatoid factor (RF) was also detected by latex fixation test. Her AST was 51 IU/L, ALT 68 IU/L and LDH 568 IU/L...
- Prevalence of hepatitis B and C virus markers in outpatients of Mongolian general hospitalsS Fujioka
First Department of Internal Medicine, Okayama University Medical School
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:5-11. 1998..05). Transaminase levels were higher in group 1 (median (range) IU/l of AST, ALT; 29 (13-95), 32 (9-144) and group 3 (25 (15-187), 22 (8-185)) than in group 4 (18 (9-13), 15 (6-133); p < 0...
- Determination of chemopreventive role of Foeniculum vulgare and Salvia officinalis infusion on trichloroacetic acid-induced increased serum marker enzymes lipid peroxidation and antioxidative defense systems in ratsIsmail Celik
Faculty of Art and Science, Department of Biology, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Nat Prod Res 22:66-75. 2008..of the plant infusions were evaluated by measuring levels of serum marker enzymes [aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanin aminotransferase (ALT), creatine phosphokinase (CPK), acid phosphatase (ACP), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) ..
- Growth hormone and carbohydrate intolerance in cirrhosisT P Shankar
Department of Medicine, VA Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Horm Metab Res 20:579-83. 1988..Glucose tolerance tests (GTT), intravenous insulin tolerance tests (IVITT), arginine stimulation tests (AST) and glucose clamp studies before and during GH suppression with somatostatin were performed in a group of patients ..
- Comparison of solutions for preservation of the rabbit liver as tested by isolated perfusionG den Butter
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53792, USA
Transpl Int 8:466-71. 1995..LDH and AST release were greater in HTK-preserved livers than in UW livers, but these differences were not statistically ..
- [A case of neonatal herpes infection which proved to be a mixed infection of herpes simplex virus type 1 and type 2]Y Minohara
Department of Pediatrics, St. Marianna University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:627-30. 1996..b>AST was 1042 IU/L, and ALT 206 IU/L. In spite of treatment, the patient died at the age of 12 days...
- Clinical, biochemical, and molecular diagnosis of a free sialic acid storage disease patient of moderate severityRobert Kleta
Department of Pediatrics, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, USA
Mol Genet Metab 82:137-43. 2004The allelic autosomal recessive lysosomal storage disorders Salla disease and infantile free sialic acid storage disease (ISSD) result from mutations in SLC17A5...
- Relationship of the subgingival microbiota to a chairside test for aspartate aminotransferase in gingival crevicular fluidM Y Wong
School of Dentistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei
J Periodontol 70:57-62. 1999The aim of the present study was to evaluate the association between the occurrence of certain specific periodontal pathogens and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) levels in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF).
- Changes in vitamin E concentration after surgery and anesthesiaJ Zunic
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, County Hospital Karlovac, Croatia
Coll Antropol 21:327-34. 1997..Simultaneously activities of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), gamma glutamyltransferase (GGT) were determined. Statistical analysis: ANOVA, Tukay HSD test...
- Different effects on the responses of functional pre- and postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptors by repeated treatment of rats with the 5-HT1A receptor agonist 8-OH-DPATL G Larsson
Department of Neuropharmacology, CNS 1, Astra Research Centre, , Sweden
Neuropharmacology 29:85-91. 1990..hippocampus and hypothalamus, after inhibition of L-aromatic amino acid decarboxylase by 3-hydroxybenzylhydrazine (NSD 1015), that is due to stimulation of autoreceptors on the 5-HT cell bodies...
- Prenatal diagnosis of free sialic acid storage disorders (SASD)Nina Aula
Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, Finland
Prenat Diagn 26:655-8. 2006Free sialic acid storage disorders, Salla disease (SD) and Infantile sialic acid storage disease (ISSD), are lysosomal storage diseases due to impaired function of a sialic acid transporter, sialin, at the lysosomal membrane...
- Autonomic stress tests in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and snoringD Veale
Department of Pneumonology, CHRU, Grenoble, France
Sleep 15:505-13. 1992..A significant difference between normal abnormal autonomic stress test (AST) groups was observed in the evening and the morning as regards cumulative time spent under 90% SaO2 and minimal ..
- [Drug-induced hepatotoxicity caused by anti-tuberculosis drugs in tuberculosis patients complicated with chronic hepatitis]Yugo Kaneko
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Jikei University School of Medicine, 4 11 1, Izumihoncho, Komae shi, Tokyo 201 8601, Japan
Kekkaku 83:13-9. 2008....
- The lysosomal sialic acid transporter sialin is required for normal CNS myelinationLaura M Prolo
Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 29:15355-65. 2009Salla disease and infantile sialic acid storage disease are autosomal recessive lysosomal storage disorders caused by mutations in the gene encoding sialin, a membrane protein that transports free sialic acid out of the lysosome after it ..
- Novel form of intermediate salla disease: clinical and neuroimaging featuresRichard P Morse
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Child Neurol 20:814-6. 2005..Infantile sialic acid storage disease has a severe phenotype, and Salla disease (Finnish variant) is generally milder in phenotype; ..
- Effects of four Indian medicinal herbs on Isoniazid-, Rifampicin- and Pyrazinamide-induced hepatic injury and immunosuppression in guinea pigsMeghna R Adhvaryu
Bapalal Vaidya Botanical Research Centre, Department of Biosciences, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, 110, Nehru Nagar Society, Ichchhanath Road, Surat 395007, India
World J Gastroenterol 13:3199-205. 2007....
- Retrospective analysis of transient elevations in alanine aminotransferase during long-term treatment with acetaminophen in osteoarthritis clinical trialsEdwin K Kuffner
McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Division of McNeil PPC, Inc, Fort Washington, PA 19034, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:2137-48. 2006..9 g daily than in patients receiving placebo, and the rates were higher than aminotransferase values observed in some previous osteoarthritis studies with acetaminophen...
- Relationship between hepatitis B virus DNA levels and liver histology in patients with chronic hepatitis BJie Shao
Department of Hepatic Disease, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:2104-7. 2007..To study the relationship between hepatitis B virus (HBV) DNA levels and liver histology in patients with chronic hepatitis B (CHB) and to determine the prevalence and characteristics of hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg) negative patients...
- A pilot study to compare natural health product-drug interactions in two databases in CanadaGuillaume Faubert
Pharmacy Department, Pharmaceutical Practice Research Unit, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175, Chemin de la Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, QC, H3T 1C5, Canada
Pharm World Sci 32:179-86. 2010..The aim of this article is to evaluate and compare two natural health product databases for the purpose of integrating them into a pharmacy information system in Canada...
- Tissue-specific alterations in insulin-like growth factor-I concentrations in response to 3,3',5-triiodo-L-thyronine supplementation in the growth hormone receptor-deficient sex-linked dwarf chickenR Vasilatos-Younken
Department of Poultry Science, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 16802, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 105:31-9. 1997..The recessive sex-linked dwarfing (SLD) gene (dw) in chickens results in a lack of functional target tissue GH receptors due to a variety of molecular ..
- [Effects of astragaloside and Panax notoginseng saponins combination on oxidative stress of cerebral ischemic reperfusion injury in mice]Hua Tan
Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Changsha 410208, Hunan Province, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:448-52. 2010To investigate the influence of astragaloside (AST) and Panax notoginseng saponins (PNS) combination on oxidative stress of brain tissues in C57BL/6 mice with cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- Carbon tetrachloride-induced changes in the activity of phase II drug-metabolizing enzyme in the liver of male rats: role of antioxidantsS A Sheweita
Department of Bioscience and Technology, Institute of Graduate Studies and Research, Alexandria University, P O Box 832, 163 Horreya Avenue, Alexandria, Egypt
Toxicology 165:217-24. 2001..tetrachloride-induced changes in the activity of alanine amino transferase (ALT), aspartate amino transferase (AST), glutathione S-transferase (GST), and the level of glutathione (GSH) and thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (..
- Early fractionation methods and the origins of the NSD conceptH D Thames
Department of Biomathematics, University of Texas System Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Acta Oncol 27:89-103. 1988..of fraction number and overall time could be separated; these developments constituted the foundation of the Ellis NSD model...
- Melatonin ameliorates experimental hepatic fibrosis induced by carbon tetrachloride in ratsRu Tao Hong
Department of Geriatrics Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230022, Anhui Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:1452-8. 2009..To investigate the protective effects of melatonin on carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)-induced hepatic fibrosis in experimental rats...
- Longitudinal monitoring of subgingival colonization by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, and crevicular alkaline phosphatase and aspartate aminotransferase activities around orthodontically treated teethGiuseppe Perinetti
Unit of Orthodontics, Department of Oral Sciences, School of Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Clin Periodontol 31:60-7. 2004..of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans (Aa) and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) activities in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in order to assess whether these parameters have potential as ..
- Structure-function studies of the SLC17 transporter sialin identify crucial residues and substrate-induced conformational changesPascal Courville
Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19316-23. 2010Salla disease and infantile sialic acid storage disorder are human diseases caused by loss of function of sialin, a lysosomal transporter that mediates H(+)-coupled symport of acidic sugars N-acetylneuraminic acid and glucuronic acid out ..
- Prevalence of enterotoxin genes in Aeromonas spp. isolated from children with diarrhea, healthy controls, and the environmentM J Albert
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
J Clin Microbiol 38:3785-90. 2000..Recently, we have characterized a heat-labile cytotonic enterotoxin (Alt), a heat-stable cytotonic enterotoxin (Ast), and a cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) from a diarrheal isolate of Aeromonas hydrophila...
- High adiponectin and TNF-alpha levels in moderate drinkers suffering from liver steatosis: comparison with non drinkers suffering from similar hepatopathyDavid Stejskal
Metabolic and Diabetologic Out Patient Centre and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Hospital Sternberk, Czech Republic
Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 149:93-9. 2005..for serum concentrations of AN, glucose, triglycerides, alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) and glutamate transferase (GMT) activity; carbohydrate-deficient transferrin (CDT%) a marker of chronic alcohol ..
- Betaine inhibits toll-like receptor 4 expression in rats with ethanol-induced liver injuryQing Zhao Shi
Department of Infectious Diseases, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:897-903. 2010..To test whether ethanol feeding could induce Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) responses, assess the hepatoprotective effect of betaine and its inhibitive effect on TLR4 in animal models of alcoholic liver injury...
- Gemfibrozil-induced myositis in a patient with normal renal functionMartin Hahn
Tennessee Valley Health Care System, Nashville, TN 37129, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:211-4. 2010..To describe a case of gemfibrozil monotherapy-induced myositis in a patient with normal renal function..
- Effect of flibanserin (BIMT 17), fluoxetine, 8-OH-DPAT and buspirone on serotonin synthesis in rat brainA Brambilla
Department of Biology, Boehringer Ingelheim Italia, Milan, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 10:63-7. 1999..5-HTP) after blockade of aromatic amino acid decarboxylase induced by m-hydroxybenzylhydrazine (NSD-1015), at 100 mg/kg i.p., 30 min before sacrifice...
- Heparin sensitivity test for patients requiring cardiopulmonary bypassWilliam J DeBois
New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, NY 10021, USA
J Extra Corpor Technol 38:307-9. 2006..An anticoagulation sensitivity test (AST) was developed by adding 12 units of porcine mucosa heparin to the ACT tube (International Technidyne, celite type)...
- Modulation of key metabolic enzyme of Labeo rohita (Hamilton) juvenile: effect of dietary starch type, protein level and exogenous alpha-amylase in the dietShivendra Kumar
Department of Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Versova, Mumbai 400061, India
Fish Physiol Biochem 35:301-15. 2009..dehydrogenase, G6PD) and amino acid metabolism (alanine amino transferase, ALT and aspartate amino transferase, AST) in Labeo rohita. Three hundred and sixty juveniles (average weight 10 +/- 0...
- Emodin protects rat liver from CCl(4)-induced fibrogenesis via inhibition of hepatic stellate cells activationMiao Xian Dong
The Institute of Medicine, Qiqihar Medical University, JianHua District, Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:4753-62. 2009..To investigate the role of emodin in protecting the liver against fibrogenesis caused by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4)) in rats and to further explore the underlying mechanisms...
- Elevated liver enzyme activity in construction workers: prevalence and impact on early retirement and all-cause mortalityV Arndt
Department of Epidemiology, University of Ulm, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 71:405-12. 1998Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), alanine transaminase (ALT), and aspartate transaminase (AST) are widely used as markers of hepatobiliary disorders in occupational health surveillance...
- Comparison of blood aminotransferase methods for assessment of myopathy and hepatopathy in Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris)Kendal E Harr
FVP Consultants, Inc, Bushnell, Florida 33513, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 39:180-7. 2008Muscle injury is common in Florida manatees (Trichechus manatus latirostris). Plasma aspartate aminotransferase (AST) is frequently used to assess muscular damage in capture myopathy and traumatic injury...
- Nasal septum deviation in newbornsA Soboczyński
ORL Clinic, Academy of Medicine, Poznan, Poland
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 46:263-5. 1992The patency of the nose is very important for the newborn. Nasal septum deviation (NSD) is one of the most important factors causing disorders of the patency of the nose. It is usually the result of mechanical trauma...
- Scapholunate dissociation: an experimental kinematic study of two types of indirect soft tissue repairsA B Dagum
Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Hand Surg Am 22:714-9. 1997Indirect soft tissue repairs of scapholunate dissociation (SLD) address the pathophysiology but have been criticized for significantly limiting wrist flexion and altering wrist kinematics...
- Incidence and distribution of experimental metastases in mutant mice with defective organ microenvironments (genotypes Sl/Sld and W/Wv)F Arguello
Strong Children s Research Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642
Cancer Res 52:2304-9. 1992..26 melanoma cells into mutant Sl/Sld and W/Wv mice...
- [How brain-dead state affects the hepatic morphology and function of Ba-Ma mini pigs and its mechanism]Shui jun Zhang
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhenzhou University, Zheng Zhou 450052, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:1244-8. 2006..To investigate the impact of brain death (BD) on the morphology and function of liver...
- Protective effects of L-arginine against ischemia-reperfusion injury in non-heart beating rat liver graftJin Gong
Department of Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 7:481-4. 2008..Prevention of liver injury in NHBDs will benefit the results of transplantation. This study was conducted to evaluate the protective effects of L-arginine on liver grafts from NHBDs...
- Aspartat aminotransferase--a marker of periodontal disease activityM Ivić-Kardum
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:111-6. 1999..Aspartat aminotransferase (AST) activity in gingival crevicular fluid is a potential quantitative marker of periodontal disease activity...
- Glutathione S-transferase Alpha 1-1 and aminotransferases in umbilical cord bloodM F Knapen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital St Radboud, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Early Hum Dev 54:129-35. 1999..with that of the well known liver function markers alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) in arterial and corresponding venous umbilical cord blood of 93 patients...
- Safety and efficacy of combined ezetimibe/simvastatin treatment and simvastatin monotherapy in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseTatjana Abel
Outpatient Department, National Health Centre, Budapest, Hungary
Med Sci Monit 15:MS6-11. 2009..The secondary goal of this investigation was to compare the safety and efficacy of combined ezetimibe / simvastatin treatment with simvastatin monotherapy...
- Sleep deprivation affects speechY Harrison
Loughborough University, Leicestershire
Sleep 20:871-7. 1997..subjects underwent two counterbalanced 36-hour trials involving sleep deprivation (SD) and no sleep deprivation (NSD)...
- Bioavailability of astaxanthin stereoisomers from wild (Oncorhynchus spp.) and aquacultured (Salmo salar) salmon in healthy men: a randomised, double-blind studyCorinna E Rüfer
Institute of Nutritional Physiology, Federal Research Centre for Nutrition and Food, Karlsruhe, Germany
Br J Nutr 99:1048-54. 2008..was to investigate the bioavailability and the configurational isomer distribution of the carotenoid astaxanthin (AST) in human plasma after ingestion of wild (Oncorhynchus spp.) and aquacultured (Salmo salar) salmon...
- Parkinson's disease as a neuroendocrine disorder of circadian function: dopamine-melatonin imbalance and the visual system in the genesis and progression of the degenerative processGregory L Willis
The Bronowski Institute of Behavioural Neuroscience, Neurosciences Section, Coliban Medical Centre, Kyneton, Victoria, Australia
Rev Neurosci 19:245-316. 2008For more than 50 years, Parkinson's disease (PD) has been conceptualized as a product of nigro-striatal dopamine (NSD) system degeneration...
- Aspartate aminotransferase activity in gingival crevicular fluid during orthodontic treatment. A controlled short-term longitudinal studyGiuseppe Perinetti
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Oral Sciences, Dental School, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 74:145-52. 2003..This study used a longitudinal design to examine aspartate aminotransferase (AST) activity in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) in order to assess whether AST in GCF has potential as a possible ..
- Quantitative evaluation of liver function with MRI Using Gd-EOB-DTPAHun Kyu Ryeom
Department of Radiology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Taegu, Korea
Korean J Radiol 5:231-9. 2004..The purpose of this study is to develop a noninvasive method of quantitation of the hepatic function using Gd-EOB-DTPA through the deconvolution analysis...
- Demonstration of antihistamine properties with AST-1: a bioactive extract from garden slugs (Diplosolenodes occidentalis)A Jacob
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Kingston 7, Jamaica
West Indian Med J 56:11-6. 2007..to histamine from allergic sensitization, the authors investigated the effects of a semi-pure alcoholic extract (AST-1) on histamine-induced contraction of the guinea pig in vitro tracheal muscle preparation and cutaneous allergic ..
- Frequency of inappropriate continuation of acid suppressive therapy after discharge in patients who began therapy in the surgical intensive care unitCatherine E Murphy
Department of Pharmacotherapy, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:968-76. 2008To determine the frequency with which patients who begin to receive stress ulcer prophylaxis in the surgical intensive care unit (SICU) are discharged receiving inappropriate acid suppressive therapy (AST).
- Multiplex PCR method for detection of three Aeromonas enterotoxin genesCesar I Bin Kingombe
Microbiology Research Division, Bureau of Microbial Hazards, Food Directorate, Health Products and Food Branch, Sir Frederick G Banting Research Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:425-33. 2010..of specific primers was developed for the detection of the cytotoxic (act), heat-labile (alt), and heat-stable (ast) enterotoxin genes in Aeromonas spp...
- [The changes and significance of multiple organ functions in acute pancreatitis patients under hypoxic condition on plateau]Hai Hong Zhu
Department of General Surgery, People s Hospital of Qinghai Province, Xining 810007, Qinghai, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:210-3. 2010..To explore characteristics of the pathogenesis and progression of the acute pancreatitis (AP) in high altitude and the relationship between AP and plateau erythrocythemia...
- [Three cases with acute encephalopathy related with adenovirus type 7 infection]N Ohtsuki
Department of Pediatrics, Urafune Hospital of Yokohama City University, School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 32:68-72. 2000..Seizures in all the patients developed from 8 to 10 days after the onset of pyrexia. The values of serum AST, LDH and CRP elevated and those of WBC and serum protein decreased at the onset of encephalopathy...
- Inflation of antishock trousers increases bronchial response to methacholine in healthy subjectsJ Regnard
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Faculté de Médecine Cochin Port Royal, Paris, France
J Appl Physiol (1985) 68:1528-33. 1990..changes in lung volumes and in bronchial response to methacholine chloride (MC) challenge when antishock trousers (AST) were inflated at venous occlusion pressure in healthy subjects in the standing posture, a maneuver known to shift ..
- Relationship between crevicular aspartate aminotransferase levels and periodontal disease progressionR J Oringer
Department of Periodontics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794 8703, USA
J Periodontol 72:17-24. 2001Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), an enzyme released from necrotic cells, has been identified in gingival crevicular fluid (GCF), and elevated levels are associated with periodontal tissue destruction...
- Diagnostic accuracy of plain radiographs and cineradiography in diagnosing traumatic scapholunate dissociationJenny Pliefke
Department of Hand Surgery, Replantation Surgery, and Microsurgery, Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin, Warener Strasse 7, 12683 Berlin, Germany
Skeletal Radiol 37:139-45. 2008Missed tears of the scapholunate ligament (SLL) and scapholunate dissociation (SLD) after wrist injuries pose a high risk of post-traumatic osteoarthritis of the carpus...
- [Evaluation of automated architect syphilis TP as a diagnostic laboratory screening test for syphilis]Jeeyong Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Korea University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 28:475-82. 2008..The aim of the study was to establish a new syphilis test algorithm using Architect Syphilis TP (Abbott Japan, Japan: AST), a fully automated treponemal antibody test, as a screening test in a university hospital laboratory...
- Elevated liver enzyme tests among patients with rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis treated with methotrexate and/or leflunomideJ R Curtis
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 510 20 Street South, FOT 840, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 69:43-7. 2010..RA) or psoriatic arthritis (PsA), the incidence of elevated alanine aminotransferase/aspartate aminotransferase (ALT/AST) enzymes associated with methotrexate (MTX), leflunomide (LEF) and MTX+LEF versus other DMARDs was examined.
- Spontaneous radiation-induced rib fractures in breast cancer patients treated with postmastectomy irradiation. A clinical radiobiological analysis of the influence of fraction size and dose-response relationships on late bone damageM Overgaard
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Radiumstationen, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Oncol 27:117-22. 1988..6%) even though they had been treated with the aim to obtain equivalent biologic response according to the NSD formula...
- [Clinical studies on 35 patients with infection-related acute encephalopathy]S Kimura
Department of Pediatrics, Urafune Hospital of Yokohama City University School of Medicine
No To Hattatsu 30:244-9. 1998..Serum AST were elevated in 7.7 and 6 cases in (3), (4) and (5), respectively...
- Comparison between fractionated high dose rate irradiation and continuous low dose rate irradiation in spheroidsM Omura
Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Acta Oncol 37:681-6. 1998..was independent of the fraction size of HDR irradiation administrated, and the repair of sublethal damage (SLD) was absent, suggesting that the sparing effect of fractionated HDR irradiations was absent in spheroids...
- Distinct adapter proteins mediate acid versus neutral sphingomyelinase activation through the p55 receptor for tumor necrosis factorS Adam-Klages
Institut fur Immunologie, Christian Albrechts Universitat Kiel, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 63:678-82. 1998..A second signaling domain (NSD) is located upstream of the death domain and directly links the TNF-R55 to the activation of a neutral SMase (N-..
- Sld2, which interacts with Dpb11 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is required for chromosomal DNA replicationY Kamimura
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871 Japan
Mol Cell Biol 18:6102-9. 1998..To identify factors interacting with Dbp11, we have isolated sld (synthetically lethal with dpb11-1) mutations which fall into six complementation groups (sld1 to -6)...
- Phase I clinical study of a novel lipophilic platinum complex (SM-11355) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma refractory to cisplatin/lipiodolS Fujiyama
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo, Japan
Br J Cancer 89:1614-9. 2003..2%. Anorexia, nausea and vomiting, pyrexia, thrombocytopenia and increases in AST, ALT and total bilirubin were observed as adverse effects, but each was transient and each patient had recovered ..
- Serum gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase is a determinant of insulin resistance independently of adiposity in Pima Indian childrenEmilio Ortega
Obesity and Diabetes Clinical Research Section, National Institutes of Health, 4212 North 16th Street, Room 533, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1419-22. 2006Elevated activities of serum enzymes, including alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), and gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), have been associated with obesity and insulin resistance (IR)...
- Brain cancer stem-like cell genesis from p53-deficient mouse astrocytes by oncogenic RasJoong Seob Lee
Division of Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 713, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:496-502. 2008..Furthermore, H-ras(V12)-overexpressing p53-/- astrocytes (p53-/-ast-H-ras(V12)) possess an in vitro self-renewal capacity, and are aberrantly differentiated into Tuj1-positve neurons ..
- [Histological alterations in the liver and increased serum proteins in chickens fed with diet containing Saccharomyces cerevisiae]Darwuin Arrieta-Mendoza
Cátedra de Farmacología y Toxicología Veterinaria, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Maracay, Venezuela
Invest Clin 48:431-43. 2007..with Saccharomyces cerevisiae (SC), on the liver morphology, serum activities of aspartateaminotrasferase (AST) and alanineaminotransferase (ALT), and the serum concentration of total proteins, albumin and the different ..
- Risk factors for early death in neonates with Down syndrome and transient leukaemiaHideki Muramatsu
Department of Paediatrics, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japanese Red Cross Nagoya First Hospital, Aichi, Japan
Br J Haematol 142:610-5. 2008..blood cell (WBC) count (> or =100 x 10(9)/l), percentage of peripheral blasts, elevated aspartate transaminase (AST), elevated direct bilirubin (DB), and low Apgar score were significantly associated with poor survival...
- Association of liver enzymes with incident type 2 diabetes: A nested case control study in an Iranian populationMaryam Tohidi
Prevention of Metabolic Disorders Research Center, Research Institute for Endocrine Sciences, ShahId Beheshti University M, C, Tehran, Iran
BMC Endocr Disord 8:5. 2008To investigate the association of Aspartate aminotransferase (AST), Alanin aminotranferase (ALT) and Gamma glutamyl transferase (GGT) with incident type 2 diabetes.
- The effects of royal jelly on liver damage induced by paracetamol in miceMurat Kanbur
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Erciyes, Kayseri, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 61:123-32. 2009..It was shown that PAR significantly increased serum ALT, AST, ALP, liver MDA levels and significantly decreased liver GSH-Px activity, when compared to the control group (Group ..
- [Descriptive study of alcohol detoxifications in an Internal Medicine Service]Victor Gonzalez Valles
Servicio de Medicina Interna Medico Interno Residente Consorcio Hospital General Universitario de Valencia Valencia Espana
Adicciones 20:377-85. 2008..mean age, duration of stay, quantity of alcohol and parameters of chronic consumption (ferritine, fe, VCM, UBE, AST, bilirubin and Mg) for AST and bilirubin...
- Cardioprotective effect of tetrahydrocurcumin and rutin on lipid peroxides and antioxidants in experimentally induced myocardial infarction in ratsMd Sultan Ali
Department of Pharmacology, Acharya and B M Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Pharmazie 64:132-6. 2009..MI/R resulted in significant cardiac necrosis, elevation in lipid peroxidation, elevation in cardiac marker enzymes AST, ALT and decline in antioxidant status catalase, reduced glutathione in the normal control MI/R group and vehicle ..
- Application of laccase-natural mediator systems to sisal pulp: an effective approach to biobleaching or functionalizing pulp fibres?Elisabetta Aracri
Textile and Paper Engineering Department, ETSEIAT, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Colom 11, E 08222 Terrassa, Spain
Bioresour Technol 100:5911-6. 2009..p-hydroxycinnamic compounds sinapic acid (SNC), ferulic acid (FRC), coniferyl aldehyde (CLD) and sinapyl aldehyde (SLD)] were used as laccase redox mediators and their effects on pulp and effluents compared with those of the synthetic ..
- Presence of aspartate aminotransferase in peri-implant crevicular fluid with and without mucositisArturo Sánchez-Pérez
Department of Periodontology, University of Murcia, University Dental Clinic, Murcia, Spain
J Oral Implantol 38:115-23. 2012The aim of this study was to assess the presence of aspartate aminotransferase (AST) in peri-implant crevicular fluid, with or without clinical signs of mucositis, to determine its predictive diagnostic value, sensitivity, and ..
- [Fixed-dose compounds and the secondary prevention of ischemic heart disease]Valentin Fuster
Mount Sinai Medical Center, 1 Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1030, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Rev Esp Cardiol 64:3-9. 2011..Moreover, globally the ast majority of cardiovascular events take place in developing countries with limited health resources here access to ..
- Astragalus saponins modulate cell invasiveness and angiogenesis in human gastric adenocarcinoma cellsK K Auyeung
Center for Cancer and Inflammation Research, School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, China
J Ethnopharmacol 141:635-41. 2012We had reported that Astragalus saponins (AST) exert promising anti-tumorigenic effects by suppressing the growth of HT-29 human colon cancer cells and tumor xenograft...
- Recognizing nurse stakeholder dissonance as a critical determinant of patient safety in new healthcare information technologiesElizabeth A Samaras
Department of Nursing, Colorado State University Pueblo, 2200 Bonforte Blvd Pueblo, Colorado 81001, USA
Work 41:1904-10. 2012..Careful analysis can reveal nurse stakeholder dissonance (NSD) when integrating new technologies into the healthcare environment...
- Evaluation of hepatotoxicity of chemicals using hepatic progenitor and hepatocyte-like cells derived from mouse embryonic stem cells: effect of chemicals on ESC-derived hepatocyte differentiationSeok Jin Kang
Toxicology and Chemistry Division, Animal, Plant and Fisheries Quarantine and Inspection Agency, Anyang, Republic of Korea
Cell Biol Toxicol 29:1-11. 2013..expressions of Cytokeratin (CK18) and GATA binding protein 4 (GATA-4) and the activities of aspartate transaminase (AST), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) during the hepatic differentiation process...
- Betulinic acid and betulin ameliorate acute ethanol-induced fatty liver via TLR4 and STAT3 in vivo and in vitroYing Wan
College of Pharmacy, Yanbian University, Yanji, Jilin Province, China
Int Immunopharmacol 17:184-90. 2013..Administration of BA or BT significantly prevented the increases of serum ALT and AST caused by ethanol, as well as serum TG...
- Ischaemic hepatitis precipitated by recurrent episodes of atrial fibrillationFahmi Yousef Khan
Department of Medicine, Hamad General Hospital, P O Box 3050, Doha, Qatar Electronic address
Arab J Gastroenterol 14:176-9. 2013..The aspartate aminotransferase (AST) level was 2222Ul(-1), alanine aminotransferase (ALT) was 1255Ul(-1), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) was 1842Ul(-1) ..
- Integrating multiple fish biomarkers and risk assessment as indicators of metal pollution along the Red Sea coast of Hodeida, Yemen RepublicWael A Omar
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Taif University, Taif, Saudi Arabia Electronic address
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 110:221-31. 2014..biochemical parameters of liver functions (alanine aminotransferase [ALT] and aspartate aminotransferase [AST]) and kidney functions (urea and creatinine) as well as histopathological changes in gills, liver and kidney of ..
- Protective effects of hydroxysafflor yellow A (HSYA) on alcohol-induced liver injury in ratsYanhao He
Department of Pharmacology, Health Science Center, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, 710061, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
J Physiol Biochem 71:69-78. 2015..serum biochemical indicators by reducing the levels of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), hyaluronan (HA), laminin (LN), and type III precollagen (III-C) in rats...
- Minimal gauge vitrectomy for optic disc pit maculopathy: Our resultsAtul Kumar
Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 63:924-6. 2015..Median age of patients was 22.5 years. Five of six eyes had neurosensory detachment (NSD) at the presentation; whereas, inner layer schisis was present in all patients...
- Identification and Antifungal Susceptibility Testing of Candida Species: A Comparison of Vitek-2 System with Conventional and Molecular MethodsRavinder Kaur
Department of Microbiology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals, New Delhi, India
J Glob Infect Dis 8:139-146. 2016..The purpose of this study was to compare the conventional identification of Candida species with identification by Vitek-2 system and the antifungal susceptibility testing (AST) by broth microdilution method with Vitek-2 AST system.
- Knockout of the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis-Risk Gene Fut2 Causes Liver Disease in MiceLuca Maroni
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Tytgat Institute for Liver and Intestinal Research, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatology . 2017..3% glycochenodeoxycholate); they rapidly lost weight, showed elevation of serum liver tests (ALP, AST, ALT) and areas of liver parenchymal necrosis...
- Plasma glutathione S-transferase alpha 1-1 levels in patients with chronic liver disordersT P Mulder
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital St Radboud, Njimegen, The Netherlands
Clin Chim Acta 258:69-77. 1997..were categorized as normal or elevated plasma GSTA1-1 and normal or elevated plasma aspartate aminotransferase (AST) levels...
- The use of biochemical markers in ischaemic heart disease: summary of the roundtable and extrapolationsA R Henderson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Clin Chim Acta 272:93-100. 1998..b>AST (SGOT), total LD and LD isoenzymes, and total CK activity measurements are regarded as obsolete for this purpose...
- "Liver function tests" are not always tests of liver functionD N Korones
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Children s Hospital at Strong, New York 14642, USA
Am J Hematol 66:46-8. 2001..immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) were each noted to have persistent elevations of aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH)...
- Carbonic adsorbent AST-120 retards progression of renal failure by additive effect with ACEI and protein restriction dietEnyu Imai
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 7:113-9. 2003....
- Greater hepatic vulnerability after alcohol intake in African Americans compared with Caucasians: a population-based studySaverio Stranges
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health and Health Professions, State University of New York at Buffalo, Farber Hall, Room 252 B, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 96:1185-92. 2004..racial variations in common biomarkers of liver injury, such as gamma-glutamyltransferase (GGT), aspartate amino transferase (AST) and alanine amino transferase (ALT), by categories of drinking status and levels of current alcohol use.
- Optimization of conditions for clinical human hepatocyte infusionRobert A Fisher
Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Cell Transplant 13:677-89. 2004..and three solutions for infusion on banked primary human hepatocytes, by studying: trypan blue exclusion, AST release, LDH release, MTT assay, detection of DNA ladder, and a hepatocyte proliferation assay...
- Stimulation of hepatocyte survival and suppression of CCl4-induced liver injury by the adenovirally introduced C/EBPbeta geneKatsuhiro Isoda
Laboratory of Bio Functional Molecular Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:182-7. 2005..The introduction of the C/EBPbeta gene into liver-damaged mice significantly suppressed the serum AST and ALT activities...
- Skeletal muscle fibre growth and growth associated myopathy in the domestic chicken (Gallus domesticus)V E MacRae
Roslin Institute Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland, UK
Br Poult Sci 47:264-72. 2006..Enzyme markers of muscle damage (creatine kinase (CK), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and aspartate aminotransaminase (AST)) and histopathological analysis of Pm and Bf indicated greater myopathy in B and GGP vs L. 5...
- Effects of trapidil on renal ischemia-reperfusion injuryDincer Avlan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Mersin University, Faculty of Medicine, 33070 Mersin, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 41:1686-93. 2006..evaluation, and blood samples were obtained to determinate serum urea, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) levels...
- Sequential measurement of aminotransferase activities by amperometric biosensorsKu Shang Chang
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, Graduate Institute of Microbiology and Biochemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biosens Bioelectron 22:2914-20. 2007..was designed for the purpose of preventing interferences and electrode fouling during the measurement of serum AST and ALT activities...
- Oral L-arginine protects against cyclosporine-induced hepatotoxicity in ratsMeltem Kurus
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, 44128 Malatya, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 60:411-9. 2008..MDA) analyses, and serum was processed for biochemical (alanine transaminase (ALT), aspartate transaminase (AST), bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and total protein) study...
- The antioxidant effect of Rosa rugosaDehen Altiner
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Marmara University, Haydarpasa 81010, Istanbul, Turkey
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 23:323-7. 2008..of Rosa rugosa (Rosa rugosa Thunb) on lipid peroxidation, alanine transaminase (ALT), aspartate transaminase (AST), glutathione and protein oxidation levels in carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) treated male Wistar rats...
- Protective effects of seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) seed oil against carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatotoxicity in miceYu Wen Hsu
Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Food Chem Toxicol 47:2281-8. 2009..8 weeks significantly reduced the elevated levels of alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), triglyceride (TG), and cholesterol at least 13% in serum, and the level of ..
- Restoration of stress-induced altered T cell function and corresponding cytokines patterns by Withanolide AKiranjeet Kour
Cell Biology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, Jammu Tawi, India
Int Immunopharmacol 9:1137-44. 2009..reversed the restraint stress-induced increase in plasma alanine aminotransferase (ALT), aspartate aminotransferase(AST) and hepatic lipid peroxidation (LP) levels and improved the restraint stress-induced decrease in hepatic ..
- Novel Small-molecule TNF-a Modulators as Chemoprotective AgentsJiajiu Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2012..I study, UTL-5g has been shown to reduce levels of blood urea nitrogen (BUN), creatinine, aspartate transaminase (AST), and alanine transaminase (ALT) elevated by cisplatin, indicating the protection of kidney and liver by UTL-5g...
- Alcohol &Antiretrovirals in HIV Infection, Oxidative Stress and Liver DiseaseMarianna K Baum; Fiscal Year: 2012..Hepatocellular injury and function will be determined with plasma levels of ALT, AST, platelets, albumin, hyaluronic acid and total and conjugated bilirubin...
- Peroxynitrite Decomposition Catalyst and Nitric Oxide Donor for EndotoxemiaGARRY JOHN SOUTHAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..infiltration, 3- nitrotyrosine (3-NT), nitrite/nitrate, and poly(ADP-ribose) formation, BUN, creatinine, NGAL, AST, ALT, histology injury score, and serum concentrations of TNF-1, HMGB-1, IL-6, TRP14, Trx1, LC8, I:B1, IL-12, MIP-..
- Novel diagnostic and safety biomarkers of liver injury and hepatotoxicityStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2010..Enzymatic assays of serum ALT and AST, widely used as part of a `hepatic function'panel, are neither sensitive nor particularity specific to the ..
- Novel Peptide MPO Inhibitors for Treating AtherosclerosisKirkwood A Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2012..Plasma AST and ALT levels will be used to monitor liver function while histology will be used to monitor the effects of the ..
- Recombinant hepatic argininosuccinate synthase (rASS) for treatment of sepsis/endStanislav I Svetlov; Fiscal Year: 2012..membrane/cytosolic enzyme, can be considered an early sign of hepatic injury, preceding even the increase of ALT or AST in blood...
- Avoiding toxicity associated with MTP ablationM Mahmood Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, they increase plasma aminotransferases, such as ALT and AST, indicating liver injury...
- Raj M Lakshman; Fiscal Year: 2015..Effects of omega3FA and SP on Chronic Ethanol-induced Increases in Plasma and Hepatic Lipids and Lipoproteins, AST, ALT and Their Correlation with Liver Histopathology. Specific Aim 2...
- Kevin M Patrie; Fiscal Year: 2014..another. For example, the level of aminotransferases (ALT and AST) in blood is a widely accepted practice for detecting liver damage...
- Pathophysiogenomic markers:ethanol-induced brain damageFrank A Middleton; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the same animals, we will also assess potential liver or cardiac damage by monitoring serum ALT and AST levels...
- Development of a novel small molecule, UTL-5g, to treat oxaliplatin-induced thromJiajiu Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also monitor the injuries on liver and kidney by analyzing AST, ALT, BUN, and creatine...
- Claudia A Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2016..will be assessed using two non-invasive serum markers of liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, aspartate aminotransferase (AST)-to-platelet ratio index (APRI) and Fib-4...
- Alcohol Associated Outcomes Among HIV+/-Aging VeteransAmy Justice; Fiscal Year: 2002..interview in a subset, and additional liver function tests will be analyzed on banked specimens (CDT, GGT, ALT, and AST)...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Hispanic obese youthNancy Butte; Fiscal Year: 2005..and hyperleptinemia, and elevations in serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST). 3...
- EARLY NATURAL HISTORY OF HCV INFECTION AMONG IDUSRonald Hershow; Fiscal Year: 2006..Tests include: serum HCV RNA quantification, viral genotyping, and serum transaminases (ALT, AST). A subsample of incident cases will be used to examine the extent and pace of genetic diversification...
- Proteomic Markers of Alcohol Abuse (Phase 1)LAWRENCE SNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..methodology (ProteoSep TM) to accurately measure currently used state markers for excessive alcohol ingestion (GGT, AST and CDT) in plasma and serum samples and develop a measurement, with ProteoSep TM technology, of MAO-B protein in ..
- A Kit for Rapid AST of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from Clinical SamplesMATTHEW CHARLES MULVEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim II. Development of a kit for standardized and reproducible front-line antibiotic susceptibility testing (AST) of clinical samples. Aim III. Clinial Evaluation of the SGM-phage kit for TB AST directly from patient samples...
- Exposure to Pesticides: A Fetal Environmental Risk Factor for Parkinson's DiseaseBRIAN BARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2010..by motor dysfunction and pathologically by depletion of dopamine (DA)-producing neurons in the nigrostriatal DA (NSD) system...
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF HUMAN GENETICS PUBLIC HEALTH GENETICS FELLOWSHIPJoann A Boughman; Fiscal Year: 2011..Signature;completed on submission to Grants.gov *Name: Prefix [unreadable] First Name Middle Name 'l-ast Name Suffix Boughman TItie: Executive Vice President Telephone No...
- A Novel Model of, and Pre-clinical Therapy for, Scleroderma Lung DiseaseSergei P Atamas; Fiscal Year: 2012..The mechanisms of scleroderma lung disease (SLD) are not well understood, and the efficiency of available therapies is limited...
- Cynthia Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2014..x 2 visits), we will assess obesity (body mass index, BMI, waist circumference, WC, abdominal skinfold thickness, AST), adipokine levels (IL-6, TNF1, PAI-1, adiponectin), CRP, microvascular function, office blood pressure (SBP office)..
- Gerald A Marks; Fiscal Year: 2014..The sublaterodorsal nucleus (SLD), in the brainstem, is a REM sleep induction zone where the local application of GABAA receptor antagonists can ..
- VINCENT JEN JR GAU; Fiscal Year: 2014..RAST addresses the major limitations of standard phenotypic AST platforms (e.g., bioMerieux Vitek, BD Phoenix) by providing rapid (90 minutes vs. 2 days) and decentralized (POC vs...
- Paul M Sullam; Fiscal Year: 2016..Although both the extended N region of the GspB signal peptide and the novel AST domain (amino acids 91 - 117) of GspB are essential for export, it is unknown how these regions facilitate this ..
- MOCSLID-DCCRobert M Elashoff; Fiscal Year: 2012..morbidity and mortality, so that studies focused on the development of new treatments for scleroderma lung disease (SLD) have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives of scleroderma patients...
- RUSSELL RYAN KEMPKER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recent reports highlight the substantial risk of development of additional drug resistance during SLD treatment...
- Svend O Freytag; Fiscal Year: 2016..therapy can be combined safely with intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and androgen suppression therapy (AST) in men with newly-diagnosed, high-risk prostate cancer...
- Development of anti-human TL1A monoclonal antibody for the treatment of human astVadim V Deyev; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- KRISTIN SMITH-KOUTMOU; Fiscal Year: 2014..to the elimination of defective mRNAs;non-sense mediated decay (NMD), no-go decay (NGD), and non-stop decay (NSD)...
- Pontine Control of REM AtoniaElda Arrigoni; Fiscal Year: 2013..Considerable evidence demonstrates that neurons of the sublaterodorsal (SLD) nucleus of the pons, also known as the subcoreuleus, generate muscle atonia during REM sleep...
- David A Morilak; Fiscal Year: 2016..risk factor for depression, and we have shown previously that performance on an attentional set-shifting test (AST), which is a measure of prefrontal-dependent cognitive flexibility in rats, is compromised by chronic stress...
- Genetic and Ecological Factors in Transmissibility and Epidemic Cycle of CholeraJOHN JOSEPH MEKALANOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will apply a new method we developed called AST to monitor and study the nature of "conditionally viable environmental cells (CVEC)" of pathogenic V...
- Anissa Abi-Dargham; Fiscal Year: 2014..from Center investigators: 1) the striatal DAergic excess in schizophrenia is greatest in the associative striatum (AST), 2) the AST receives convergent input from dorsolateral-prefrontal cortex (DLPFC), the anterior cingulate cortex (..
- ALAN D D'ANDREA; Fiscal Year: 2014..test the hypothesis that the USP1/UAF1 deubiquitinating complex is targeted to its FANCD2/FANCI substrate through a SLD (Sumo-Like Domain)/SIM interaction. 2) To examine the functional interaction between FANCD2/FANCI and PCNA...
- Regulation of MUC19 by Th2 cytokine in airway epitheliumYin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..A mouse having a single mutation (sld) in Muc19 locus shows mucous cell deficiency in their salivary gland...
- Jun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have previously identified that the glutamatergic neurons in the sublaterodorsal tegmental nucleus (SLD) project to the spinal cord inhibitory interneurons, which proposed to suppress the motor activity during REM sleep...
- Annette M La Greca; Fiscal Year: 2014..and adapting an evidence-based intervention for depression, Interpersonal Psychotherapy for Adolescents (IPT-AST), that focuses on improving interpersonal skills and managing conflict...
- Transplant Associated Autoimmunity Contributes to Allograft DamageRajani Dinavahi; Fiscal Year: 2012..The principal investigator has completed training in Internal Medicine, a general nephrology fellowship and an AST/ASN accredited renal transplant fellowship followed by two years of laboratory training...
- ANDREY PISAREV; Fiscal Year: 2016..No-Go Decay (NGD) and Non-Stop Decay (NSD) are essential cellular mRNA quality control pathways in eukaryotes aiming to detect stalled translation elongation ..
- Benjamin L Hankin; Fiscal Year: 2016..with Stress (CWS), a cognitive behavioral program, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy-Adolescent Skills Training (IPT-AST), an interpersonal program...
- Repeated Partial Sleep Deprivation to Augment SSRI Response in DepressionJ Todd Arnedt; Fiscal Year: 2012..study are to evaluate the efficacy and safety of adjunctive early and late PSD compared to no sleep deprivation (NSD) for augmenting the effects of 8 weeks of fluoxetine 20-40 mg treatment and to examine the underlying sleep ..
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) EIPJoan Baumbach; Fiscal Year: 2011..Position 1, laboratorian at NMDOH Scientific Laboratory Division (SLD), would initially dedicate their time to influenza RT-PCR human clinical specimen testing and assurance of timely ..
- Jami F Young; Fiscal Year: 2016..with Stress (CWS), a cognitive behavioral program, and Interpersonal Psychotherapy-Adolescent Skills Training (IPT-AST), an interpersonal program...
- Role of 5-alpha Reductase in Testosterone ActionsShalendar Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2007..For safety, we will follow hemoglobin/hematocrit, sleep apnea scores, AST and ALT, PSA, plasma lipids, apolipoproteins, and lipoprotein particles, and prostate examinations...
- Rapid, Cost-Effective Nucleic Acid Testing for Active Surveillance and MolecularBEN HINDSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..MRSA infections that requires the detection of the MRSA-colonized patient through active surveillance testing (AST)...
- Development of Small-Molecule Probes of the Histone Methyltransferase NSD2Alykhan Shamji; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NSD histone methyltransferases, which are selective for histone H3 lysine 36 (H3K36) are frequently altered in various ..
- CARCINOGENICITY OF 2-NITROPROPANE--A PROBABLE MECHANISMEmerich Fiala; Fiscal Year: 2000..of 2-NP to a species capable of aminating guanine residues at C8 is mediated through aryl sulfotransferase (AST), probably isozyme IV...
- RADIATION CYTOGENETICSJoel Bedford; Fiscal Year: 1993..caffeine treatments would also be undertaken with emphasis on the relationship of the effects observed to PLD and SLD "repair"...
- Jami F Young; Fiscal Year: 2014..a school-based group indicated preventive intervention, Interpersonal Psychotherapy-Adolescent Skills Training (IPT-AST;Young &Mufson, 2003)...
- Pathophysiology of Lysosomal Free Sialic Acid Storage DisordersRichard J Reimer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Genetic studies have determined that several mutations in a gene encoding a single protein designated sialin are causative...
- Brain K+ Dynamics, BBB Breakdown & Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeStephen Jones; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we will assess this [K+]br drop in relation to other MRI parameters(T1, T2, ADC, AST CBF, [Na+]br) in the ischemic core and predict that it will occur at a specific level of [Na+]br but will not be ..
- High resolution functional MRI of columnar structuresRavi Menon; Fiscal Year: 2007..The techniques we will use to accomplish this are fMRI (BOLD and AST based), electrophysiology, fluorescence quenching, laser Doppler and near-infrared spectroscopy at high spatial and ..
- TESTOSTERONE REPLACEMENT & PHYSICAL FUNCTION IN HIV+MENShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2005..For safety, we will follow hematocrit, AST and ALT, PSA, plasma lipids, apolipoproteins, and lipoprotein particles, digital rectal examinations, and sleep ..
- Testosterone:Physical Function in Men on HemodialysisShalender Bhasin; Fiscal Year: 2004..For safety, we will follow hemoglobin/hematocrit, AST and ALT, PSA, plasma lipids, apolipoproteins, and lipoprotein particles, and insulin sensitivity by the modified ..
- Islet culture, shipping, and infusion deviceJohn Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This device is referred to as the single layer gas permeable device (SLD). Our investigation is expected to achieve five specific aims...
- A nanoparticle prognosticator of chemotherapy outcomesRussell Lebovitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..discovery it was shown that NCTX can predict the outcome of chemotherapy using Stealth Liposomal Doxorubicin (SLD). NCTX consists of a clinically used Iodinated contrast agent encapsulated in a Pegylated liposome...
- Association between ANP and NPRA Gene Polymorphisms and Severity of Atopy and AstShyam Mohapatra; Fiscal Year: 2009..Establishing an association of ANP polymorphisms will not only confirm the importance of this gene in asthma, but may also indicate who will benefit from an ANP-based therapy. ..
- Personal Monitor to Detect Exposure to Toxic AgentsHal Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2004Advanced Sensor Technologies, Inc. (AST) proposes to continue its NIH funded Phase I efforts to develop a completely automated miniaturized device capable of monitoring different types of cholinesterases from a single drop of whole blood ..
- Cognitive Effects of 5-HT and SSRIs in Rat Prefrontal CortexDavid A Morilak; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this pilot project, an attentional set-shifting test (AST) will be used to assess a role for serotonin (5-HT) in chronic stress-induced deficits of cognitive flexibility in ..
- Transdermal GnRH Delivery System to Treat InfertilityKenneth Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..To provide the benefits of GnRH treatments to a broad range of patients, Advanced Sensor Technologies (AST) proposes to develop a wearable transdermal Pulse Patch that incorporates a micro-iontophoresis system, constructed ..
- Visual and Auditory Processing Streams in the Cerebral CortexJosef P Rauschecker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus we predict that anterior superior temporal areas (AST) rostral and lateral to primary auditory cortex (A1) show enhanced selectivity for auditory objects regardless of ..
- BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS: EXERCISE AND RALOXIFENEAnna Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..year after completing chemotherapy on: one resorption, formation and density (serum osteocalcin and bone specific AST, urine n-telopeptide, DEXA scan); multidimensional quality of life (SF-36, 12-minute walk, muscle strength, fatigue,..