Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC12A4
Description: solute carrier family 12 member 4
Alias: CTC-479C5.17, KCC1, hKCC1, solute carrier family 12 member 4, electroneutral potassium-chloride cotransporter 1, erythroid K-Cl cotransporter 1, potassium/chloride cotransporter 1, solute carrier family 12 (potassium/chloride transporter), member 4, solute carrier family 12 (potassium/chloride transporters), member 4
Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 stimulates KCl cotransport, which is necessary for invasion and proliferation of cervical cancer and ovarian cancer cellsMeng Ru Shen
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 704, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 279:40017-25. 2004..Taken together, our results indicate that KCC activation by IGF-1 plays an important role in IGF-1 signaling to promote growth and spread of gynecological cancers...
- Similar effects of all WNK3 variants on SLC12 cotransportersSilvia Cruz-Rangel
Departamento de Fisiología y Desarrollo Neural, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Coyoacan, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 301:C601-8. 2011..That is, NKCC1/2 and NCC were inhibited, even in hypertonicity, while KCCs were activated, even in isotonic conditions. We conclude that the effects of all WNK3 variants toward SLC12 proteins are similar...
- Apparent intermediate K conductance channel hyposmotic activation in human lens epithelial cellsPeter K Lauf
Cell Biophysics Group, 054 Biological Sciences Bldg, Wright State Univ Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C820-32. 2008..RT-PCR and immunochemistry confirmed the presence of KCa3.1 channels, aside of the KCC1, KCC2, KCC3 and KCC4 isoforms...
- Chloride influx provokes lamellipodium formation in microglial cellsSusanna Zierler
Department of Cell Biology, Paris Lodron University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Cell Physiol Biochem 21:55-62. 2008..conducting pathways in BV-2 cells included, swelling-activated chloride channels as well as the KCl cotransporters, KCC1, KCC2, KCC3, and KCC4...
- KCl cotransporter-3 down-regulates E-cadherin/beta-catenin complex to promote epithelial-mesenchymal transitionYueh Mei Hsu
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Cancer Res 67:11064-73. 2007..The characteristics of EMT appear in KCC3-overexpressed, but not in KCC1- or KCC4-overexpressed cervical cancer cells, including the elongated cell shape, increased scattering, down-..
- [Clinical trials of new therapeutic pharmacology for sickle cell disease]Carlo Brugnara
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Sante 16:263-8. 2006..The K-Cl co-transport (KCC1/3/4) activated by the depletion of erythrocyte magnesium is inhibited by Magnesium pidolate; dipyridamole inhibits ..
- K-Cl co-transport: immunocytochemical and functional evidence for more than one KCC isoform in high K and low K sheep erythrocytesP K Lauf
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Wright State University, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 130:499-509. 2001..Polyclonal anti-rat (rt)KCC1 antibodies against a fusion peptide with 77 amino acids from the Ctd of rtKCC1 and anti-human (h)KCC3 against an 18-..
- Molecular characterization of a putative K-Cl cotransporter in rat brain. A neuronal-specific isoformJ A Payne
Department of Human Physiology, University of California School of Medicine, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 271:16245-52. 1996..full length, the amino acid sequence of KCC2 is 67% identical to the widely distributed K-Cl cotransporter isoform (KCC1) identified in rat brain and rabbit kidney (Gillen, C., Brill, S., Payne, J.A., and Forbush, B., III(1996) J. Biol...
- Cloning, characterization, and gene organization of K-Cl cotransporter from pig and human kidney and C. elegansE J Holtzman
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, State University of New York Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Am J Physiol 275:F550-64. 1998..The deduced protein of the C. elegans K-Cl cotransporter clone (CE-KCC1) contains 1,003 amino acids. The mammalian K-Cl cotransporters share approximately 45% similarity with CE-KCC1...
- Developmental changes in KCC1, KCC2 and NKCC1 mRNAs in the rat cerebellumSumiko Mikawa
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 136:93-100. 2002..To establish how these cotransporters are involved in cerebellum development, we investigated the expression of KCC1, KCC2 and NKCC1 mRNAs in the developing rat cerebellum using in situ hybridization histochemistry...
- Human potassium chloride cotransporter 1 (SLC12A4) promoter is regulated by AP-2 and contains a functional downstream promoter elementGuo Ping Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, PO Box 208064, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520 8064, USA
Blood 103:4302-9. 2004Most K-Cl cotransport in the erythrocyte is attributed to potassium chloride cotransporter 1 (KCC1). K-Cl cotransport is elevated in sickle erythrocytes, and the KCC1 gene has been proposed as a modifier gene in sickle cell disease...
- Expression of K+-Cl- cotransporters in the alpha-cells of rat endocrine pancreasSarah L Davies
School of Biological Sciences and Department of Medicine, University of Manchester, G 38 Stopford Building, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1667:7-14. 2004The expression of K+-Cl- cotransporters (KCC) was examined in pancreatic islet cells. mRNA for KCC1, KCC3a, KCC3b and KCC4 were identified by RT-PCR in islets isolated from rat pancreas...
- Differential expression of KCC2 accounts for the differential GABA responses between relay and intrinsic neurons in the early postnatal rat olfactory bulbCong Wang
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 21:1449-55. 2005..To know the cause of this phenomenon, we investigated the expression patterns of cation-Cl(-) co-transporters (KCC1, KCC2 and NKCC1) mRNAs, which are responsible for the regulation of [Cl(-)](i)...
- KCC3 and KCC4 expression in rat adult forebrainP Le Rouzic
Faculty of Life Sciences, Stopford Building, Manchester, UK
Brain Res 1110:39-45. 2006..As well as confirming the widespread expression of KCC1 and KCC2 throughout the brain, we now show a more restricted expression of KCC3a in the hippocampus, choroid plexus ..
- WNK4 kinase is a negative regulator of K+-Cl- cotransportersTomas Garzon-Muvdi
Molecular Physiology Unit, Vasco de Quiroga No 15, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F1197-207. 2007..WNK3 activates the Na(+)-driven cotransporters NCC, NKCC1, and NKCC2 and inhibits the K(+)-driven cotransporters KCC1 to KCC4...
- Deficiency of electroneutral K+-Cl- cotransporter 3 causes a disruption in impulse propagation along peripheral nervesYuan Ting Sun
Institute of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Glia 58:1544-52. 2010..The K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter (KCC) family includes four isoforms (KCC1-4) that play an important role in the maintenance of cellular osmotic homeostasis via the coupled electroneutral ..
- KCC1 gene advances cell invasion ability by regulating ERK signaling pathway in endometrial cancer HEC-1B cell lineChao Shang
Department of Neurobiology, China Medical University, and Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, the Affiliated Shengjing Hospital, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:795-9. 2011Human potassium chloride cotransporter-1 (KCC1) gene is expressed in endometrial cancer and related to metastasis of endometrial cancer...
- KCC2a expression in a human fetal lens epithelial cell linePeter K Lauf
Cell Biophysics Group, Department of Pathology, Wright State University, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 29:303-12. 2012The fetal human lens epithelial cell (LEC) line (FHL124) possesses all four K(+)Cl(-) (KCC) cotransporter isoforms, KCC1-4, despite KCC2 being typically considered a neuronal isoform...
- KCC3-dependent chloride extrusion in adult sensory neuronsOlivier Lucas
INSERM, U 1051, Institute for Neurosciences of Montpellier, Montpellier, F 34000, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, 34091 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Cell Neurosci 50:211-20. 2012..In post-natal sensory neurons, quantitative RT-PCR showed that NKCC1, KCC1 and KCC3 had a higher transcript expression level compared to KCC2 and KCC4...
- pGIAK1, a heavy metal resistant plasmid from an obligate alkaliphilic and halotolerant bacterium isolated from the Antarctic Concordia station confined environmentSuxia Guo
Laboratory of Food and Environmental Microbiology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Croix du Sud, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
PLoS ONE 8:e72461. 2013..subtilis. Finally, using an Escherichia coli - B. thuringiensis shuttle BAC vector, pGIAK1 was shown to display conjugative properties since it was able to transfer the BAC plasmid among B. thuringiensis strains. ..
- Angiogenic growth factors augment K-Cl cotransporter expression in erythroid cells via hypoxia-inducible factor-1αCaryn S Gonsalves
Division of Hematology, Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Am J Hematol 89:273-81. 2014..Both VEGF and PlGF treatment of human erythroid K562 cells increased both mRNA and protein levels of KCC1, KCC3b, and KCC4...
- The WNK-regulated SPAK/OSR1 kinases directly phosphorylate and inhibit the K+-Cl- co-transportersPaola de los Heros
MRC Protein Phosphorylation and Ubiquitylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 458:559-73. 2014..We also observe that KCCs are directly phosphorylated by SPAK/OSR1, at a novel Site-3 (Thr5 in KCC1/KCC3 and Thr6 in KCC2/KCC4), and a previously recognized KCC3-specific residue, Site-4 (Ser96)...
- [Pathophysiological aspects of K+: Cl- cotransporters]Adriana Mercado
Unidad de Fisiología Molecular Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México e Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán
Rev Invest Clin 66:173-80. 2014..cotransporter (NCC), and finally the K+:Cl- cotransporters (KCC), encoded for at least four homologous genes (KCC1-KCC4), and from which there are many isoforms due to alternative splicing...
- An evolutionarily conserved switch in response to GABA affects development and behavior of the locomotor circuit of Caenorhabditis elegansBingjie Han
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520
Genetics 199:1159-72. 2015....
- Ca(2+) is a Regulator of the WNK/OSR1/NKCC Pathway in a Human Salivary Gland Cell LineSoonhong Park
Department of Oral Biology, BK21 PLUS Project, Yonsei University College of Dentistry, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Korean J Physiol Pharmacol 19:249-55. 2015..These results indicate that Ca(2+) may regulate the WNK-OSR1 pathway and NKCC1 activity in the HSG cell line. This is the first demonstration that indicates upstream Ca(2+) regulation of the WNK-OSR1 pathway in intact cells. ..
- Activation of the erythroid K-Cl cotransporter Kcc1 enhances sickle cell disease pathology in a humanized mouse modelFiona C Brown
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Central Clinical School, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Blood 126:2863-70. 2015..Here, we describe a mouse line expressing an activated form of the K-Cl cotransporter Slc12a4 (Kcc1), which results in a semi-dominant microcytosis of red cells...
- Maternal restraint stress delays maturation of cation-chloride cotransporters and GABAA receptor subunits in the hippocampus of rat pups at pubertyBovorn Veerawatananan
Research Center for Neuroscience, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Mahidol University, Nakornpathom 73170, Thailand
Neurobiol Stress 3:1-7. 2016..maternal restraint stress induces a transient but significant increase in the level of NKCC1 (Sodium-Potassium Chloride Cotransporter 1) only at P14, followed by a brief, yet significant increase in the level of KCC2 (Potassium-Chloride ..
- Effect of photodynamic therapy combined with torasemide on the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 2 and sodium-potassium-chloride cotransporter 1 in rat peritumoral edema and gliomaB O Li
Department of Neurosurgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150086, P R China
Oncol Lett 11:2084-2090. 2016....
- The Zn2+-sensing receptor, ZnR/GPR39, upregulates colonocytic Cl- absorption, via basolateral KCC1, and reduces fluid lossLaxmi Sunuwar
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Biochim Biophys Acta . 2017..transport, a critical factor in diarrhea, by upregulating K+/Cl- cotransporter (KCC1) activity...
- Immunolocalization of potassium-chloride cotransporter polypeptides in rat exocrine glandsEleni Roussa
Department of Neuroanatomy, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 117:335-44. 2002..submandibular, parotid, and pancreas plasma membrane fractions with immunospecific antibodies raised against mouse KCC1 revealed protein bands at ca 135 kDa and ca 150 kDa...
- Patterns of cation-chloride cotransporter expression during embryonic rodent CNS developmentHong Li
Institute of Biotechnology, PO Box 56, Viikinkaari 9C, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Neurosci 16:2358-70. 2002..the expression patterns of members of the cation-chloride cotransporters (CCCs), including the K-Cl cotransporters KCC1-4 and the Na-K-2 Cl cotranporter NKCC1 during rodent embryonic brain development...
- Differential expression pattern of chloride transporters NCC, NKCC2, KCC1, KCC3, KCC4, and AE3 in the developing rat auditory brainstemMichael Becker
Abteilung Tierphysiologie, Universitat Kaiserslautern, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 312:155-65. 2003..Here we examined the expression of six secondary active chloride transporter genes ( NCC, NKCC2, KCC1, KCC3, KCC4, and AE3) in the rat SOC to unravel the molecular mechanisms underlying this change...
- Relative contribution of chloride channels and transporters to regulatory volume decrease in human glioma cellsNola Jean Ernest
Department of Neurobiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C1451-60. 2005..Finally, we identified several candidate proteins that may be involved in RVD, including the Cl(-) channels ClC-2, ClC-3, ClC-5, ClC-6, and ClC-7 and the transporters KCC1 and KCC3a.
- Cloning and expression of sheep renal K-CI cotransporter-1Jin J Zhang
Cell Biophysics Group, Department of Pathology, Wright State University, School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio 45435, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 16:87-98. 2005..frame of 3258 base pairs exhibiting 92%, 90%, 88% and 87% identity with pig, rabbit and human, rat and mouse KCC1 cDNAs, respectively, encoding an approximately 122 kDa polypeptide of 1086-amino acids...
- WNK3 bypasses the tonicity requirement for K-Cl cotransporter activation via a phosphatase-dependent pathwayPaola de los Heros
Molecular Physiology Unit, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán and Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Tlalpan, Mexico City, 14000, Mexico
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:1976-81. 2006..family has two major branches with different physiological functions and inverse regulation: K-Cl cotransporters (KCC1-KCC4) mediate cellular Cl- efflux, are inhibited by phosphorylation, and are activated by dephosphorylation; Na-(K)-..
- The role of potassium chloride cotransporters in murine and human sperm volume regulationT Klein
Institute of Reproductive Medicine, University of Munster, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Biol Reprod 75:853-8. 2006..Conventional RT-PCR indicated the presence of transcripts from Slc12a4 (KCC1), Slc12a6 (KCC3), and Slc12a7 (KCC4) in the testis, whereas RT-nested PCR revealed the latter two isoforms ..
- Potassium excretion through ROMK potassium channel expressed in gill mitochondrion-rich cells of Mozambique tilapiaFumiya Furukawa
Department of Aquatic Bioscience, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 302:R568-76. 2012..ROMK), potassium large conductance Ca(2+)-activated channel, subfamily M (Maxi-K), K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporters (KCC1, KCC2, and KCC4) were identified in tilapia as the candidate molecules that are involved in K+ handling...
- Molecular and functional expression of cation-chloride cotransporters in dorsal root ganglion neurons during postnatal maturationShihong Mao
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio 45435 0001, USA
J Neurophysiol 108:834-52. 2012..DRG neurons express mRNAs for KCC1, KCC3s, and KCC4, but not for KCC2s...
- Bicarbonate-dependent chloride transport drives fluid secretion by the human airway epithelial cell line Calu-3Jiajie Shan
Department of Physiology, McGill University, Montr eal, QC H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Physiol 590:5273-97. 2012..The results suggest a model in which most HCO(3)(-) is recycled basolaterally by exchange with Cl(-), and the resulting HCO(3)(-)-dependent Cl(-) transport provides an osmotic driving force for fluid secretion...
- K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter 1 (KCC1) negatively regulates NGF-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cellsHikaru Nagao
Department of Molecular Cell Physiology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto, Japan
Cell Physiol Biochem 30:538-51. 2012..Four isoforms of KCCs (KCC1, 2, 3, and 4) have been identified...
- N-ethylmaleimide activates a Cl(-)-independent component of K(+) flux in mouse erythrocytesBoris E Shmukler
Divisions of Nephrology and Molecular and Vascular Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 51:9-16. 2013..The genetically engineered absence of the K-Cl cotransporters KCC3 and KCC1 from mouse erythrocytes does not modify Cl(-)-independent K(+) efflux...
- A novel prophylactic effect of furosemide treatment on autosomal dominant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy (ADNFLE)Junko Yamada
Department of Neurophysiology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan Electronic address
Epilepsy Res 107:127-37. 2013..Na-K-2Cl cotransporter 1 (NKCC1) levels were increased and Cl(-)-extruding K-Cl cotransporter 1 and 2 (KCC1 and KCC2) levels were decreased at the onset of ADNFLE seizures in S284L-TG rat frontal cortexes, which perturbed ..
- A tight cluster of five unrelated human genes on chromosome 16q22.1F Larsen
Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, University of Oslo, Norway
Hum Mol Genet 2:1589-95. 1993..Given the current estimate of about 100,000 genes in the human genome, our findings support the notion that genes are not evenly distributed...
- Molecular identification and expression of erythroid K:Cl cotransporter in human and mouse erythroleukemic cellsC M Pellegrino
Division of Hematology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center, 111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 24:31-40. 1998..Human K:Cl-CT (gene product KCC1) has been recently sequenced from human (hKCC1), rabbit and rat tissue by Gillen et al. (J Biol Chem 271:16237, 1996)...
- Cloning, characterization, and chromosomal location of a novel human K+-Cl- cotransporterK Hiki
Department of Human Immunology, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science and University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia 5000
J Biol Chem 274:10661-7. 1999..cDNA from a human umbilical vein endothelial cell library that is 77% identical to the human K+-Cl- cotransporter1 (KCC1). We have referred to the predicted protein as K+-Cl- cotransporter 3 (KCC3)...
- Cloning and characterization of KCC3 and KCC4, new members of the cation-chloride cotransporter gene familyD B Mount
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 274:16355-62. 1999..The KCC3 and KCC4 proteins are 65-71% identical to the previously characterized transporters KCC1 and KCC2, with which they share a predicted membrane topology...
- Mouse K-Cl cotransporter KCC1: cloning, mapping, pathological expression, and functional regulationW Su
Molecular Medicine and Renal Units, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston 02215, USA
Am J Physiol 277:C899-912. 1999Although K-Cl cotransporter (KCC1) mRNA is expressed in many tissues, K-Cl cotransport activity has been measured in few cell types, and detection of endogenous KCC1 polypeptide has not yet been reported...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of KCC3, a new K-Cl cotransporterJ E Race
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, State University of New York Health Science Center, Syracuse 13210, New York
Am J Physiol 277:C1210-9. 1999..KCC3 shares 75-76% identity at the amino acid level with human, pig, rat, and rabbit KCC1 and 67% identity with rat KCC2...
- Agents which block potassium-chloride cotransport prevent sound-triggered seizures in post-ischemic audiogenic seizure-prone ratsK H Reid
Department of Anatomical Sciences and Neurobiology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA
Brain Res 864:134-7. 2000..this study was to determine whether the loop diuretics furosemide, bumetanide and ethacrynic acid, which block the KCC1 potassium-chloride transporter in the kidney loop of Henle and the KCC2 potassium-chloride transporter in neuronal ..
- Functional comparison of the K+-Cl- cotransporters KCC1 and KCC4A Mercado
Molecular Physiology Unit, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán and Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico City, Mexico
J Biol Chem 275:30326-34. 2000..the cation-chloride cotransporter gene family and fall into two phylogenetic subgroups: KCC2 paired with KCC4 and KCC1 paired with KCC3...
- Dependence of KCC2 K-Cl cotransporter activity on a conserved carboxy terminus tyrosine residueK Strange
Anesthesiology Research Division, Laboratories of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Departments of Anesthesiology and Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 279:C860-7. 2000..Mutation of the Y1087 congener in KCC1 to aspartate also dramatically inhibited cotransporter activity...
- Structure and genetic polymorphism of the mouse KCC1 geneB E Shmukler
Molecular Medicine Unit, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1492:353-61. 2000The KCC1 K-Cl cotransporter is a major regulator of erythroid and non-erythroid cell volume, and the KCC1 gene is a candidate modifier gene for sickle cell disease and other hemoglobinopathies...
- K-Cl cotransport: immunohistochemical and ion flux studies in human embryonic kidney (HEK293) cells transfected with full-length and C-terminal-domain-truncated KCC1 cDNAsP K Lauf
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 11:143-60. 2001..The ubiquitous KCC1 isoform, important for cell volume and ion homeostasis, has 12 transmembrane domains (Tmds), and cytoplasmic N- and ..
- K-Cl cotransport modulation by intracellular Mg in erythrocytes from mice bred for low and high Mg levelsL de Franceschi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281:C1385-95. 2001..Although mouse KCC1 protein abundance was comparable in MGL and MGH erythrocytes, activities of Src family tyrosine kinases were higher ..
- A dominant negative mutant of the KCC1 K-Cl cotransporter: both N- and C-terminal cytoplasmic domains are required for K-Cl cotransport activityS Casula
Molecular Medicine and Renal Units, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 276:41870-8. 2001..We have investigated the importance of the N- and C-terminal cytoplasmic domains of mouse KCC1 to its K-Cl cotransport function expressed in Xenopus oocytes...
- Chromosomal localization of SLC12A5/Slc12a5, the human and mouse genes for the neuron-specific K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter (KCC2) defines a new region of conserved homologyR Sallinen
The Molecular Medicine Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, Finland
Cytogenet Cell Genet 94:67-70. 2001..To date, four KCC isoforms (KCC1-KCC4) have been identified and they all mediate obligatorily coupled, electroneutral transmembrane movement of K(+) ..
- Evidence supporting a role for KCl cotransporter in the thick ascending limb of Henle's loopA Di Stefano
Departement de Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, CEA Saclay, URA CNRS 1859, Gif sur Yvette, France
Kidney Int 60:1809-23. 2001....
- Expression and regulation of the Na(+)/K(+)/2Cl(-) cotransporter NKCC1 in rat liver and human HuH-7 hepatoma cellsFreimut Schliess
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 401:187-97. 2002The expression of sodium potassium chloride cotransporter 1 (NKCC1) was studied in different liver cell types. NKCC1 was found in rat liver parenchymal and sinusoidal endothelial cells and in human HuH-7 hepatoma cells...
- Molecular, functional, and genomic characterization of human KCC2, the neuronal K-Cl cotransporterLuyan Song
Department of Medicine, Nashville VA Medical Center and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 103:91-105. 2002..3+/-1.8 mM and 6.8+/-0.9 mM, respectively; both affinities are significantly higher than KCC1 and KCC4...
- Cation chloride cotransporters interact with the stress-related kinases Ste20-related proline-alanine-rich kinase (SPAK) and oxidative stress response 1 (OSR1)Kerstin Piechotta
Department of Anesthesiology and Center for Molecular Neuroscience, Vanderbilt University, Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 277:50812-9. 2002..kinase (SPAK) and oxidative stress response 1 (OSR1) with the cotransporters KCC3, NKCC1, and NKCC2 but not KCC1 and KCC4...
- Developmental changes in KCC1, KCC2, and NKCC1 mRNA expressions in the rat brainCong Wang
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 139:59-66. 2002We investigated the expressions of KCC1, KCC2 and NKCC1 mRNAs in the developing rat brain. The neuroepithelium showed abundant KCC1 and NKCC1 mRNA expressions, while KCC2 mRNA was not detected there...
- Mapping of equine potassium chloride co-transporter (SLC12A4) and amino acid transporter (SLC7A10) and preliminary studies on associations between SNPs from SLC12A4, SLC7A10 and SLC7A9 and osmotic fragility of erythrocytesK Hanzawa
Department of Veterinary Science, MH Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Anim Genet 33:455-9. 2002..oligonucleotide primers for equine homologues of exons 16, 17 and 20-23 of potassium chloride co-transporter (SLC12A4) and exons 10, 11 and 3, 4, respectively, for two amino acid transporters (SLC7A10 and SLC7A9)...
- Ammonium transport and pH regulation by K(+)-Cl(-) cotransportersMarc J Bergeron
Nephrology Group, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F68-78. 2003..Our results demonstrate that all of the CCCs examined (NKCC1, NKCC2, KCC1, KCC3, and KCC4) can promote NH4(+) translocation, presumably through binding of the ion at the K(+) site...
- Cloning and localization of KCC4 in rabbit kidney: expression in distal convoluted tubuleHeino Velazquez
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F49-58. 2003..A human expressed sequence tag (EST) with high homology to KCC1 was identified...
- Molecular physiology of cation-coupled Cl- cotransport: the SLC12 familySteven C Hebert
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University Medical School, 333 Cedar Street, P O Box 208026, SHM B147, New Haven, CT 06520 8026, USA
Pflugers Arch 447:580-93. 2004..The second branch includes four genes ( SLC12A4- 7) encoding electroneutral K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporters...
- Changes in chloride homeostasis-regulating gene expressions in the rat hippocampus following amygdala kindlingAkihito Okabe
Department of Physiology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Handayama 1 20 1, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
Brain Res 990:221-6. 2003In a rat kindling model, we examined expression patterns of NKCC1, KCC1, KCC2, and CLC-2. In the dentate granule cell layer, there was an activity-dependent increase in NKCC1 mRNA but significant decreases in KCC1 and CLC-2 mRNAs...
- Oxygen dependence of K(+)-Cl- cotransport in human red cell ghosts and sickle cellsAsif I Khan
University Laboratory of Physiology, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
Bioelectrochemistry 62:141-6. 2004..These preparations provide a useful system with which to study the components involved in O2-sensitive membrane transport and why it is perturbed in certain pathological conditions (such as sickle cell disease and oxidant toxicity)...
- Regulation of blood-brain barrier Na,K,2Cl-cotransporter through phosphorylation during in vitro stroke conditions and nicotine exposureThomas J Abbruscato
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, 1300 Coulter, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 310:459-68. 2004..We have identified a potential mechanism in altered BBB response to stroke conditions with prior N/C exposure directly implicating damage to brain-to-blood K(+) transport mediated at the BBB and perhaps neuronal recovery after stroke...
- Molecular identification of K-CL cotransporter in dog erythroid progenitor cellsHideharu Ochiai
Institute of Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, 1 17 71 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229 8501
J Biochem 135:365-74. 2004b>KCC1 cDNA was cloned in dog erythroblasts that had differentiated from peripheral mononuclear cells. The size of the cDNA was 3,258 bp, the same as in pigs, but 3 bp longer than in humans and rodents...
- Differential functional expression of cation-Cl- cotransporter mRNAs (KCC1, KCC2, and NKCC1) in rat trigeminal nervous systemHiroki Toyoda
Department of Physiology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 133:12-8. 2005..cotransporters are distributed in the trigeminal nuclei, we investigated the expressions of K+-Cl- cotransporters (KCC1 and KCC2) and Na+-K+-2Cl- cotransporter (NKCC1) mRNAs by using in situ hybridization histochemistry...
- Regulation of K-Cl cotransport: from function to genesN C Adragna
Department of Pharmacology, Wright State University, School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435 0002, USA
J Membr Biol 201:109-37. 2004..Four closely related human genes code for KCCs (KCC1-4)...
- Slc12a2 is a direct target of two closely related homeobox proteins, Six1 and Six4Zen ichi Ando
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minamikawachi, Tochigi, Japan
FEBS J 272:3026-41. 2005..Furthermore, in situ hybridization demonstrated that the expression of Slc12a2 was reduced in the developing dorsal root ganglia of Six1-/-/Six4-/- mice, suggesting that Six1 and Six4 regulate Slc12a2 in vivo...
- Expression and distribution of ion transport mRNAs in human nasal mucosa and nasal polypsSang Hag Lee
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Colleges of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Acta Otolaryngol 125:745-52. 2005Our results indicate that the electrogenic kidney Na(+)/HCO(3)(-) cotransporter (kNBC), KCl cotransporter (KCC1 and -4) and Ca(2+)-activated Cl(-) channel (CaCC1, -2, -3) mRNAs are expressed in normal nasal mucosa and nasal polyp, ..
- WNK3 modulates transport of Cl- in and out of cells: implications for control of cell volume and neuronal excitabilityKristopher T Kahle
Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:16783-8. 2005..Cl(-) influx is mediated by the Na-K-2Cl cotransporter NKCC1 and Cl(-) efflux via K-Cl cotransporters, KCC1 or KCC2...
- Gene expression in rat lacrimal gland duct cells collected using laser capture microdissection: evidence for K+ secretion by duct cellsJohn L Ubels
Department of Biology, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:1876-85. 2006....
- Expression of mouse osteoclast K-Cl Co-transporter-1 and its role during bone resorptionHiroshi Kajiya
Department of Physiological Science and Molecular Biology, Fukuoka Dental College, Tamura, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 21:984-92. 2006..b>KCC1 and chloride channel-7 were found to be expressed in mouse osteoclasts...
- Functional and molecular characterization of multiple K-Cl cotransporter isoforms in corneal epithelial cellsJosé E Capó-Aponte
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, State College of Optometry, 33 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:1090-103. 2007..of HCEC, RCEC, primary human CEC (pHCEC), and primary bovine CEC (BCEC) plasma membrane enriched fractions revealed KCC1, KCC3, and KCC4 isoform expression, whereas KCC2 was undetectable...
- Homooligomeric and heterooligomeric associations between K+-Cl- cotransporter isoforms and between K+-Cl- and Na+-K+-Cl- cotransportersCharles F Simard
Nephrology Research Group, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec Research Institution, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:18083-93. 2007..Through additional coimmunoprecipitation studies, we have also found that KCC1 and KCC3 had the potential of assembling into various types of CCC-CCC oligomers as well, although the interactions ..
- Disruption of erythroid K-Cl cotransporters alters erythrocyte volume and partially rescues erythrocyte dehydration in SAD miceMarco B Rust
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Invest 117:1708-17. 2007..To address the roles of individual K-Cl cotransporter isoforms in rbc volume homeostasis, we disrupted the Kcc1 and Kcc3 genes in mice...
- Identification of host genes involved in hepatitis C virus replication by small interfering RNA technologyTeresa I Ng
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Antiviral Research, Abbott Laboratories, 200 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Hepatology 45:1413-21. 2007..factors (RelA and NFkappaB2), 2 protein kinases (MKK7 and SNARK), and 2 closely related transporter proteins (SLC12A4 and SLC12A5)...
- Characterization of glial cell K-Cl cotransportKenneth B E Gagnon
Cell Biophysics Group, Wright State University, Dayton, OH 4543, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:121-30. 2007..The molecular mechanism of K-Cl cotransport (KCC) consists of at least 4 isoforms, KCC 1, 2, 3, and 4 which, in multiple combinations, exist in most cells, including erythrocytes and neuronal cells...
- Amino acid transporter (VIAAT, VGLUT2) and chloride cotransporter (KCC1, KCC2 and NKCC1) expression in the vestibular nuclei of intact and labyrinthectomized ratLyndell Eleore
LNRS CNRS Paris 5, Centre Universitaire des Saints Peres, 45 Rue des Saints Peres, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Exp Brain Res 182:449-58. 2007..transporter 2 (VGLUT2) and vesicular inhibitory amino acid transporter (VIAAT) and of chloride cotransporters (KCC1, KCC2 and NKCC1) in the intact and deafferented medial vestibular nuclei (MVN)...
- [The significance of K-Cl cotransport1 expression in cervical cancer tissues]Xiao Yun Lu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1156-9. 2007To investigate the expression of K-Cl cotransport 1(KCC1) in cervical cancer tissues and to investigate its role in the onset and progression of cervical cancer.
- Potassium-chloride cotransporter mediates cell cycle progression and proliferation of human corneal epithelial cellsJosé E Capó-Aponte
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, State College of Optometry, New York, New York 10036, USA
Cell Cycle 6:2709-18. 2007..Associated with these changes, KCC1 content in a plasma membrane enriched fraction increased by 300%...
- K-Cl cotransport function and its potential contribution to cardiovascular diseaseNorma C Adragna
Cell Biophysics Group, Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435, United States Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH 45435, United States
Pathophysiology 14:135-46. 2007..cotransport is the coupled electroneutral movement of K and Cl ions carried out by at least four protein isoforms, KCC1-4...
- K-CL co-transport plays an important role in normal and beta thalassemic erythropoiesisLucia De Franceschi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Verona, Italy
Haematologica 92:1319-26. 2007..We evaluated the possible role of K-Cl co-transport (KCC) in both normal and beta-thalassemic erythropoiesis in vitro...
- Dissociated gender-specific effects of recurrent seizures on GABA signaling in CA1 pyramidal neurons: role of GABA(A) receptorsAristea S Galanopoulou
Saul R Korey Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 28:1557-67. 2008..depolarizing at P8-P13 because of increase in the activity of a bumetanide-sensitive NKCC1 (sodium potassium chloride cotransporter 1)-like chloride cotransporter...
- Molecular bases of impaired water and ion movements in inflammatory bowel diseasesOlga Martínez-Augustin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, School of Pharmacy, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:114-27. 2009..Moreover, whether transport disturbances are reversible independently of inflammatory control is unknown...
- The stargazin-related protein gamma 7 interacts with the mRNA-binding protein heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 and regulates the stability of specific mRNAs, including CaV2.2Laurent Ferron
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology, and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 28:10604-17. 2008..on alpha2delta-2 mRNA stability, but it decreased the mRNA stability for the potassium-chloride cotransporter, KCC1, which contains a similar hnRNP A2 binding motif to that in Ca(V)2.2 mRNA...
- Functional association between K+-Cl- cotransporter-4 and H+,K+-ATPase in the apical canalicular membrane of gastric parietal cellsTakuto Fujii
Department of Pharmaceutical Physiology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:619-29. 2009..In contrast, KCC1, KCC2, and KCC3 were not found in either SAV or tubulovesicles...
- The up-regulation of KCC1 gene expression in cervical cancer cells by IGF-II through the ERK1/2MAPK and PI3K/AKT pathways and its significanceS Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyamg, China
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 30:29-34. 2009..To research the alternation effect of insulin-like growth factors-2 (IGF-II) on the expression of KC1 co-transport-1 (KCC1) in the SiHa cells of cervical cancer, and to explore the activation of ERK1/2MAPK and PI3K/AKT signal transduction ..
- Chemical crosslinking studies with the mouse Kcc1 K-Cl cotransporterSabina Casula
Molecular and Vascular Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 42:233-40. 2009Oligomerization, function, and regulation of unmodified mouse Kcc1 K-Cl cotransporter were studied by chemical crosslinking...
- Water permeability through aquaporin-4 is regulated by protein kinase C and becomes rate-limiting for glioma invasionE S McCoy
Department of Neurobiology and Center for Glial Biology in Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Neuroscience 168:971-81. 2010..the leading edge of invading processes and clustered with chloride channel (ClC2) and K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter 1 (KCC1), believed to provide the pathways for Cl(-) and K(+) secretion to accomplish volume changes...
- The epileptic human hippocampal cornu ammonis 2 region generates spontaneous interictal-like activity in vitroLucia Wittner
INSERM U739, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Brain 132:3032-46. 2009....
- Cell-type specific distribution of chloride transporters in the rat suprachiasmatic nucleusM A Belenky
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute of Life Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Neuroscience 165:1519-37. 2010..by the cation-chloride cotransporters NKCC1 (sodium/potassium/chloride cotransporter for chloride entry) and KCC1-4 (potassium/chloride cotransporters for chloride egress)...
- Duct system of the rabbit lacrimal gland: structural characteristics and role in lacrimal secretionChuanqing Ding
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 9112, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2960-7. 2010....
- Differential transcriptional analysis between red and white skeletal muscle of Chinese Meishan pigsYang Li
Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding, Ministry of Agriculture and Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics and Breeding, Ministry of Education, College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, P R China
Int J Biol Sci 6:350-60. 2010..PCR validated the differential expression of eleven genes (alpha-Actin, ART3, GATA-6, HMOX1, HSP, MYBPH, OCA2, SLC12A4, TGFB1, TGFB3 and TNX)...
- Downregulation of the potassium chloride cotransporter KCC2 in vulnerable motoneurons in the SOD1-G93A mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAndrea Fuchs
Institute of Neurophysiology, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 69:1057-70. 2010..the expression patterns of KCC2 and its functional opponent, the chloride influx-mediating sodium-potassium chloride cotransporter 1 (NKCC1), in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1-G93A) mouse model of ALS...
- Routes of epithelial water flow: aquaporins versus cotransportersRustam Mollajew
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie, Berlin, Germany
Biophys J 99:3647-56. 2010..Here we show that the renal potassium-chloride-cotransporter (KCC1) does not pump a fixed amount of water molecules per movement of one K(+) and one Cl(-), as was reported for the ..
- Neuronal chloride accumulation and excitatory GABA underlie aggravation of neonatal epileptiform activities by phenobarbitalRomain Nardou
INSERM U 901, Marseille, 13009, France
Brain 134:987-1002. 2011....
- Circadian regulation of electrolyte absorption in the rat colonM Sotak
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 301:G1066-74. 2011..subunits Atp1a1 and Atp1b1), channels (α-, β-, and γ-subunits of Enac and Cftr), transporters (Dra, Ae1, Nkcc1, Kcc1, and Nhe3), and the Na(+)/H(+) exchanger (NHE) regulatory factor (Nherf1) in rat colonic mucosa...
- FUNCTION & REGULATION OF GASTRIC NA/K/2CL COTRANSPORTERSChristian Lytle; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, Aim 4 will map the cellular and subcellular distribution of K-Cl cotransporter-1 (KCC1) in gastric mucosa and begin to assess the possibility that K-Cl cotransporter-1 (KCC1) may contribute to apical K+ ..
- Sickle Red Cell K+ Transporter Genetics in S. cerevisiaeSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2002..A selection system has already been validated for KCC1. A selection system for IK1 is under development...
- K/CL COTRANSPORTERBliss Forbush; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: The investigator has recently cloned and sequenced a protein, known as KCC1, that catalyzes the cotransport of potassium and chloride...
- Expression of KCC4 in distal colon surface epitheliaCOLLEEN TALBOT; Fiscal Year: 2006..in rat distal colon epithelia; and 3) compare effects of dietary restriction of K+ and Na+ on expression of KCC4, KCC1 and colonic H/K-ATPase...
- Third Symposium Cell Volume & Signalling RegulationPETER LAUF; Fiscal Year: 2003..This meeting's success on U.S. soil will foster continuation of gathering of high-caliber scientists at subsequent international meetings ..
- Proteomics of M-L antigens modulating cation transportPETER LAUF; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- K-Cl COTRANSPORTERS IN RAT NERVOUS SYSTEMJohn Payne; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- THE ROLE OF RETINOIDS IN LACRIMAL GLAND FUNCTIONJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of Lacrimal Gland by Laser MicrodissectionJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF THE NA+ COUPLED CL- COTRANSPORTERSSteven Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2004..This has important relevance to understanding salt and water handling by the kidney in health and disease. ..
- MAGNESIUM AND SICKLE CELL DISEASECarlo Brugnara; Fiscal Year: 2005..These aims are consistent with the long-term goals of the applicant, who is focused on the study on membrane transport and volume regulation and the continued development of new therapies for sickle cell disease. ..
- Sexual dimorphism in seizure control is KCC2 mediatedARISTEA GALANOPOULOU; Fiscal Year: 2007..Albert Einstein College of Medicine will offer the necessary mentoring, laboratory space, equipment and training opportunities to achieve these goals. ..
- Genetic Determinants of Erythrocyte HydrationCarlo Brugnara; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Elevated potassium ion in lacrimal fluid and the health of the ocular surfaceJohn Ubels; Fiscal Year: 2009..If the high potassium in tears is important for the health of the ocular surface, this information will be useful in the development of improved treatments for dry eye disease. ..