Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SIX1
Description: SIX homeobox 1
Alias: BOS3, DFNA23, TIP39, homeobox protein SIX1, sine oculis homeobox homolog 1
Publications168 found, 100 shown here
- Suppression of tumorigenesis and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by shRNA interference targeting on homeoprotein Six1Kevin T P Ng
Department of Surgery, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Int J Cancer 127:859-72. 2010We previously demonstrated that the overexpression of homeoprotein Six1 in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients is associated with venous infiltration, advanced pathologic tumor metastasis (pTNM) stage and poor overall survival rate (..
- Gene expression in Wilms' tumor mimics the earliest committed stage in the metanephric mesenchymal-epithelial transitionChi Ming Li
Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 160:2181-90. 2002..are essential for cell survival and proliferation in early metanephric development, whereas others, including SIX1, MOX1, and SALL2, are predicted to act at this stage...
- SIX1 induces lymphangiogenesis and metastasis via upregulation of VEGF-C in mouse models of breast cancerChu An Wang
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1895-906. 2012..We therefore investigated whether SIX1, a homeodomain-containing transcription factor previously associated in breast cancer with lymph node positivity, ..
- Biochemical and functional characterization of six SIX1 Branchio-oto-renal syndrome mutationsAaron N Patrick
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20781-90. 2009..Recently, eight mutations in the SIX1 homeobox gene were discovered in BOR patients...
- The alpha subunits of Gz and Gi interact with the eyes absent transcription cofactor Eya2, preventing its interaction with the six class of homeodomain-containing proteinsX Fan
Departments of Pharmacology, Medicine and Pathology, and Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 275:32129-34. 2000..We show here a novel functional regulation of a co-activator directly by G protein subunits...
- Abrogation of the G2 cell cycle checkpoint associated with overexpression of HSIX1: a possible mechanism of breast carcinogenesisH L Ford
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:12608-13. 1998..These data support the role for homeobox genes in tumorigenesis/tumor progression, possibly through a cell cycle function...
- Expression and clinical implications of homeobox gene Six1 in cervical cancer cell lines and cervical epithelial tissuesXiu hui Zheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Daping, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:1587-92. 2010The homeobox gene Six1 is overexpressed in multiple human tumors, playing a role in promoting tumorigenesis and metastasis. The present study was aimed to investigate the clinical implications of Six1 expression in cervical cancer.
- Expression and significance of Six1 and Ezrin in cervical cancer tissueJie Tan
Department of Gynaecology, Jiangyin Hospital, Medical School of Southeast of China University, No 35 East of Renming Road, Jiangyin, 214400, China
Tumour Biol 32:1241-7. 2011This study aimed to investigate the expression of Six1 gene and its downstream target gene Ezrin in cervical cancer, and to correlate their expression to the clinical pathology of cervical cancer...
- Six1 expands the mouse mammary epithelial stem/progenitor cell pool and induces mammary tumors that undergo epithelial-mesenchymal transitionErica L McCoy
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2663-77. 2009b>Six1 is a developmentally regulated homeoprotein with limited expression in most normal adult tissues and frequent misexpression in a variety of malignancies...
- Clinicopathological significance of homeoprotein Six1 in hepatocellular carcinomaK T Ng
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease and Departments of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, L9 55, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Br J Cancer 95:1050-5. 2006..The present study investigated the clinicopathological significance of a possible metastasis regulator Six1 in HCC patients who were undergone hepatectomy...
- Molecular interaction and synergistic activation of a promoter by Six, Eya, and Dach proteins mediated through CREB binding proteinKeiko Ikeda
Department of Biology, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 22:6759-66. 2002..This work provides fundamental information on the role and the mechanism of action of this gene cassette in tissue differentiation and organogenesis...
- The Six1 homeoprotein stimulates tumorigenesis by reactivation of cyclin A1Ricardo D Coletta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6478-83. 2004..Here we show that the tissue-restricted cyclin A1 is a transcriptional target of the Six1 homeoprotein...
- MicroRNA-185 suppresses tumor growth and progression by targeting the Six1 oncogene in human cancersJ S Imam
Greehey Children s Cancer Research Institute, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Oncogene 29:4971-9. 2010..In this study, we investigate the mechanism by which the Six1 homeobox protein, which has a crucial role during development, is frequently deregulated in several poor outcome, ..
- Six1 overexpression in mammary cells induces genomic instability and is sufficient for malignant transformationRicardo D Coletta
Department of Obstretrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Cancer Res 68:2204-13. 2008..During embryogenesis, the Six1 homeoprotein is essential for the expansion of precursor cell populations that give rise to muscle and kidney, ..
- The Six1 homeoprotein induces human mammary carcinoma cells to undergo epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis in mice through increasing TGF-beta signalingDouglas S Micalizzi
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2678-90. 2009..Here we show that overexpression of the homeoprotein Six1, normally a developmentally restricted transcriptional regulator, increases TGF-beta signaling in human breast ..
- The role of Six1 in mammalian auditory system developmentWeiming Zheng
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 130:3989-4000. 2003..However, their roles during auditory system development have not been studied. We report that Six1 is required for mouse auditory system development...
- Transcriptional activation of the SALL1 by the human SIX1 homeodomain during kidney developmentLi Chai
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18918-26. 2006..Consensus binding sites were identified for several transcription factors, with multiple sites for WT1 and SIX1. In transient transfection assays, SALL1 promoter activity was higher in HEK-293 human kidney cells and COS-7 ..
- SIX1 mutation screening in 247 branchio-oto-renal syndrome families: a recurrent missense mutation associated with BORAmit Kochhar
Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Mutat 29:565. 2008..Both EYA1 and SIX1 are expressed in developing otic, branchial and renal tissue...
- Homeobox genes and connective tissue patterningG Oliver
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
Development 121:693-705. 1995..Six 1 and Six 2 also are expressed in skeletal and smooth muscle, respectively. These genes may participate in the patterning of the distal tendons of the limb phalanges by setting positional values along the limb axes...
- Cell cycle-regulated phosphorylation of the human SIX1 homeodomain proteinH L Ford
Division of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, the Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, and the Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22245-54. 2000Human SIX1 (HSIX1) is a member of the Six class of homeodomain proteins implicated in muscle, eye, head, and brain development...
- SIX1 mutations cause branchio-oto-renal syndrome by disruption of EYA1-SIX1-DNA complexesRainer G Ruf
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8090-5. 2004..We recently mapped a locus for BOR/BO syndrome (BOS3) to human chromosome 14q23.1...
- A comparative study of Eya1 and Eya4 protein function and its implication in branchio-oto-renal syndrome and DFNA10Yuzhou Zhang
Molecular Otolaryngology Research Laboratories, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 5:295-304. 2004..We verified that bait constructs of the homologous region ( Eya1HR and Eya4HR) interact with Six1 prey constructs, although no interaction with Dach1 prey was demonstrable...
- Development and differentiation of the ureteric bud into the ureter in the absence of a kidney collecting systemKevin T Bush
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, and Urological Diseases Research Center, Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 298:571-84. 2006b>Six1-/- mice were found to have apparently normal ureters in the absence of a kidney, suggesting that the growth and development of the unbranched ureter is largely independent of the more proximal portions of the UB which differentiates ..
- Eya1 is required for the morphogenesis of mammalian thymus, parathyroid and thyroidPin Xian Xu
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 129:3033-44. 2002..These data indicate that Eya1 also regulates mature thyroid gland formation. Furthermore, we show that Six1 expression is markedly reduced in the arch mesenchyme, pouch endoderm and surface ectoderm in the pharyngeal region ..
- The BOS loci of Arabidopsis are required for resistance to Botrytis cinerea infectionPaola Veronese
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, 915 W State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
Plant J 40:558-74. 2004Three Botrytis-susceptible mutants bos2, bos3, and bos4 which define independent and novel genetic loci required for Arabidopsis resistance to Botrytis cinerea were isolated. The bos2 mutant is susceptible to B...
- Molecular evolution of the vertebrate mechanosensory cell and earBernd Fritzsch
Creighton University, Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Int J Dev Biol 51:663-78. 2007..modified a genetic program through intercalation of genes between the master control genes on the top (Pax6, Eya1, Six1) of the hierarchy and the structural genes (rhodopsin) at the bottom, the as yet molecularly unknown mechanosensory ..
- Characterization of the Six1 homeobox gene in normal mammary gland morphogenesisRicardo D Coletta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, 12800 E, 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
BMC Dev Biol 10:4. 2010The Six1 homeobox gene is highly expressed in the embryonic mammary gland, continues to be expressed in early postnatal mammary development, but is lost when the mammary gland differentiates during pregnancy...
- Eya1 and Eya2 proteins are required for hypaxial somitic myogenesis in the mouse embryoRaphaelle Grifone
département génétique et développement, Institut Cochin Paris, INSERM, U567, Paris, F 75014 France
Dev Biol 302:602-16. 2007In mammals, Pax3, Six4, Six1 and Six5 genes are co-expressed with Eya1, Eya2 and Eya4 genes during mouse somitogenesis...
- Identification and characterization of the zebrafish and fugu genes encoding tuberoinfundibular peptide 39Madhusudhan R Papasani
Department of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 61790, USA
Endocrinology 145:5294-304. 2004..PTH2R) has been isolated from mammals and zebrafish, only its mammalian agonist, tuberoinfundibular peptide 39 (TIP39), has been characterized thus far...
- Patterning of the third pharyngeal pouch into thymus/parathyroid by Six and Eya1Dan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 293:499-512. 2006..Here, we examined their roles in pharyngeal pouch development. Six1-/- mice lack thymus and parathyroid and analysis of Six1-/- third pouch endoderm demonstrated that the patterning ..
- Characterization of the human and mouse genes encoding the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues, a ligand of the parathyroid hormone receptor familyI A Hansen
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, Germany
J Endocrinol 174:95-102. 2002The polypeptide TIP39 (tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues) is a potent activator of the parathyroid hormone (PTH)-2 receptor (P2R) and an antagonist of the PTH-1 receptor (P1R)...
- Evidence for the expression of parathyroid hormone 2 receptor in the human brainstemAttila G Bagó
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Ideggyogy Sz 61:123-6. 2008..Initial functional studies suggest that the PTH2R is involved in the regulation of viscerosensory information processing. As a first step towards clinical applications, herein we describe the presence of the PTH2R in the human brainstem...
- The non-conserved C-terminal segments of Sine Oculis Homeobox (SIX) proteins confer functional specificityBrandon P Weasner
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Genesis 47:514-23. 2009..Members of this transcription factor family can be divided into three subgroups: Six1/2, Six4/5, and Six3/6...
- Elevated amounts of myocilin in the aqueous humor of transgenic mice cause significant changes in ocular gene expressionWalter Paper
Institute of Human Anatomy and Embryology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Exp Eye Res 87:257-67. 2008..Differences in expression were also found for Six1 which encodes for a transcription factor, and for Pftk1 whose gene product is a cdc2-related protein kinase...
- Expression of Six1 and Six4 in mouse taste budsYuko Suzuki
Division of Histology, Department of Oral Growth and Development, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu 061 0293, Japan
J Mol Histol 41:205-14. 2010..We examined the expression of Six1 and Six4 mRNAs in mouse taste buds by using in situ hybridization...
- Branchio-oto-renal syndromeAmit Kochhar
Molecular Otolaryngology Research Laboratories, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1671-8. 2007..the BOR phenotype have been identified and two genes that act in a regulatory network have been cloned, EYA1 and SIX1. EYA1 and SIX1 are homologous to genes involved in Drosophila eye development, eyes absent gene (eya), and sine ..
- Prevalence of mutations in renal developmental genes in children with renal hypodysplasia: results of the ESCAPE studyStefanie Weber
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Rene Descartes, 147 Rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2864-70. 2006..symptoms have been identified in TCF2 (renal cysts and diabetes syndrome), PAX2 (renal-coloboma syndrome), EYA1 and SIX1 (branchio-oto-renal syndrome), and SALL1 (Townes-Brocks syndrome)...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in the metanephric mesenchymeDeepali Pitre Poladia
Center for Cell and Vascular Biology, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Dev Biol 291:325-39. 2006..By in situ hybridization, regions of mutant mesenchyme near the ureteric bud(s) express Eya1 and Six1, but not Six2, Sall1, or Pax2, while the ureteric bud expresses Ret and Pax2 normally...
- Molecular mechanisms of ligand recognition by parathyroid hormone 1 (PTH1) and PTH2 receptorsS R Hoare
Laboratory of Genetics, NIMH, Buidling 36 Rm 3D06, 36 Convent Drive MSC4090, Bethesda, MD 20892 4094, USA
Curr Pharm Des 7:689-713. 2001..and three related ligands (PTH, PTH-related protein (PTHrP) an d tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39))...
- Catweasel mice: a novel role for Six1 in sensory patch development and a model for branchio-oto-renal syndromeErika A Bosman
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Dev Biol 328:285-96. 2009..We mapped the catweasel mutation to a critical region of 13 Mb on chromosome 12 containing the Six1, -4 and -6 genes...
- Six and Eya expression during human somitogenesis and MyoD gene family activationFrancoise Fougerousse
URA CNRS 1923, Genethon, 1 rue de l Internationale, BP60, 91002 Evry, France
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 23:255-64. 2002..b>Six1, Six4 and Six5 homeoproteins are detected later than Myf5 activation...
- Eya1 regulates the growth of otic epithelium and interacts with Pax2 during the development of all sensory areas in the inner earDan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 298:430-41. 2006..However, it remains unknown whether Pax genes interact with Eya1 or Six1 during inner ear morphogenesis...
- Distribution of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues and its receptor, parathyroid hormone 2 receptor, in the mouse brainCatherine A Faber
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
J Comp Neurol 502:563-83. 2007Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) was identified as a potent parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R) agonist...
- Genomic cloning and characterization of the human homeobox gene SIX6 reveals a cluster of SIX genes in chromosome 14 and associates SIX6 hemizygosity with bilateral anophthalmia and pituitary anomaliesM E Gallardo
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Velazquez 144, Madrid, 28006, Spain
Genomics 61:82-91. 1999..Chromosomal mapping of SIX6 revealed that it is closely linked to SIX1 and SIX4 in human chromosome 14q22...
- Dynamic expression of Six family genes in the dental mesenchyme and the epithelial ameloblast stem/progenitor cells during murine tooth developmentKoji Nonomura
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Anat 216:80-91. 2010..We found dynamic expression patterns for Six1, Six2, Six4 and Six5 in the oral epithelium and mesenchymal cells with distinct expression patterns at the early ..
- Six1 is required for the early organogenesis of mammalian kidneyPin Xian Xu
McLaughlin Research Institute, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 130:3085-94. 2003..to Drosophila sine oculis (so) which encodes a homeodomain transcription factor, is composed of six members (Six1-6)...
- Parathyroid hormone 2 receptor and its endogenous ligand tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues are concentrated in endocrine, viscerosensory and auditory brain regions in macaque and humanA G Bagó
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Endocrinology, Semmelweis University and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Tuzolto u 58, Budapest H 1094, Hungary
Neuroscience 162:128-47. 2009Parathyroid hormone receptor 2 (PTH2R) and its ligand, tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) constitute a neuromodulator system implicated in endocrine and nociceptive regulation...
- Cooperation between myogenic regulatory factors and SIX family transcription factors is important for myoblast differentiationYubing Liu
Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6857-71. 2010..We have conducted a functional genomic study of the role played by SIX1 and SIX4 during the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts, a model of adult muscle regeneration...
- Six4, a putative myogenin gene regulator, is not essential for mouse embryonal developmentH Ozaki
Departments of Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:3343-50. 2001..The expression pattern was similar to that of Six1 except at the early stage of embryonic day 8.5...
- Transcription factor SIX5 is mutated in patients with branchio-oto-renal syndromeBethan E Hoskins
Department of Pediatrics and of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Hum Genet 80:800-4. 2007..Mutations in EYA1 are known to cause BOR. More recently, mutations in SIX1, which interacts with EYA1, were identified as an additional cause of BOR...
- Making senses development of vertebrate cranial placodesGerhard Schlosser
Zoology, School of Natural Sciences and Martin Ryan Institute, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 283:129-234. 2010..evidence for the existence of a panplacodal primordium and discusses the central role of transcription factors Six1 and Eya1 in the regulation of processes shared between different placodes...
- SIX1 acts synergistically with TBX18 in mediating ureteral smooth muscle formationXuguang Nie
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Development 137:755-65. 2010..b>Six1 is a crucial regulator of renal development: mutations in human SIX1 cause branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome and ..
- Initiation of olfactory placode development and neurogenesis is blocked in mice lacking both Six1 and Six4Binglai Chen
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of NYU, New York, NY 10029, USA
Dev Biol 326:75-85. 2009..In mice, loss of Six1 affects OE morphogenesis but not placode formation...
- Neurons containing tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues project to limbic, endocrine, auditory and spinal areas in ratA Dobolyi
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, 36 Convent Drive, MSC4094, Building 36, Room 3D06, Bethesda, MD 20892 4094, USA
Neuroscience 122:1093-105. 2003Accumulating evidence suggests that tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) may be the endogenous ligand of the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor...
- Tuberoinfundibular Peptide of 39 residues is required for germ cell developmentTed B Usdin
National Institute of Mental Health National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 149:4292-300. 2008Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) was identified as a PTH 2 receptor ligand. We report that mice with deletion of Tifp39, the gene encoding TIP39, are sterile...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) signaling modulates acute and tonic nociceptionEugene L Dimitrov
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, 35 Convent Drive, Room 1B 213, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Neurol 226:68-83. 2010Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) synthesizing neurons at the caudal border of the thalamus and in the lateral pons project to areas rich in its receptor, the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R)...
- The six family of homeobox genes in development and cancerKimberly L Christensen
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Adv Cancer Res 101:93-126. 2008..In addition, aberrant expression of Six, Eya, and Dach occurs in numerous human tumors, and Six1, in particular, plays a causal role both in tumor initiation and in metastasis...
- Transcript expression of the tuberoinfundibular peptide (TIP)39/PTH2 receptor system and non-PTH1 receptor-mediated tonic effects of TIP39 and other PTH2 receptor ligands in renal vesselsAnne Eichinger
Renovascular Pharmacology and Physiology, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, University Louis Pasteur Medical School, 11 rue Humann, Bâtiment 4, F67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Endocrinology 143:3036-43. 2002..Moreover, results obtained in IPK desensitized to the vasodilatory action of PTHrP (1-36) strongly suggest that TIP, along with PTHrP, might be coordinately involved in the regulation of renal hemodynamics...
- Conserved expression of mouse Six1 in the pre-placodal region (PPR) and identification of an enhancer for the rostral PPRShigeru Sato
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Dev Biol 344:158-71. 2010..all placodes originate from a common precursor domain, the pre-placodal region (PPR), marked by the expression of Six1/4 and Eya1/2...
- The TIP39-PTH2 receptor system: unique peptidergic cell groups in the brainstem and their interactions with central regulatory mechanismsArpad Dobolyi
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, HAS Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Prog Neurobiol 90:29-59. 2010Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) is the recently purified endogenous ligand of the previously orphan G-protein coupled parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R)...
- Acoustic stress activates tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues neurons in the rat brainMiklos Palkovits
Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Struct Funct 214:15-23. 2009..immunoreactivity (Fos-ir) was investigated in neurons that synthesize tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) in the rat brain: in the subparafascicular area of the thalamus, the posterior intralaminar complex of the ..
- The parathyroid hormone 2 (PTH2) receptorT B Usdin
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 36 Room 3D06, 36 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
Receptors Channels 8:211-8. 2002..activated at high potency by PTH and by the recently discovered peptide tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39)...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide (7-39) [TIP(7-39)], a novel, selective, high-affinity antagonist for the parathyroid hormone-1 receptor with no detectable agonist activityS R Hoare
Unit on Cell Biology, Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:761-70. 2000..tuberoinfundibular peptide (7-39) [TIP(7-39)], derived from the likely endogenous ligand for the PTH2 receptor TIP39. In this study its in vitro profile is evaluated and compared with that of [D-Trp(12),Tyr(34)]bPTH(7-34) and PTHrP(..
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues modulates the mouse hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis via paraventricular glutamatergic neuronsEugene Dimitrov
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:4375-94. 2010..area at the caudal border of the thalamus that contain the neuropeptide tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) densely innervate several hypothalamic areas, including the paraventricular nucleus (PVN)...
- Sequential expression and redundancy of Pitx2 and Pitx3 genes during muscle developmentAurore L'honoré
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, 110, avenue des Pins Ouest, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1R7
Dev Biol 307:421-33. 2007..including bHLH muscle regulatory factors (MRFs), the paired factors Pax3 and Pax7 and the homeobox factors Six1 and Six4. This program is critically dependent on MRFs that target downstream muscle-specific genes...
- Establishment of tendon-derived cell lines exhibiting pluripotent mesenchymal stem cell-like propertyR Salingcarnboriboon
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Cell Res 287:289-300. 2003..Tendon phenotype-related genes such as those encoding scleraxis, Six1, EphA4, COMP, and type I collagen were expressed in these tendon cell clones...
- The human tuftelin gene: cloning and characterizationZ Mao
Dental Research Unit, Department of Oral Biology, Institute of Dental Sciences, Hebrew University, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Gene 279:181-96. 2001..region, recently reported to be involved with tuftelin self-assembly and with the interaction of tuftelin with TIP39 (a novel tuftelin interacting protein)...
- Eya1 and Six1 promote neurogenesis in the cranial placodes in a SoxB1-dependent fashionGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, FB2, PO Box 330440, 28334 Bremen, Germany
Dev Biol 320:199-214. 2008Genes of the Eya family and of the Six1/2 subfamily are expressed throughout development of vertebrate cranial placodes and are required for their differentiation into ganglia and sense organs...
- Expression of myogenin during embryogenesis is controlled by Six/sine oculis homeoproteins through a conserved MEF3 binding siteF Spitz
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U129, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14220-5. 1998..Antibodies directed specifically against Six1 or Six4 proteins reveal that each of these proteins is present in the embryo when myogenin is activated and ..
- Hypobranchial placodes in Xenopus laevis give rise to hypobranchial ganglia, a novel type of cranial gangliaGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, FB 2, PO Box 33 04 40, 28334, Bremen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 312:21-9. 2003..laevis is described in more detail using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry for various placodal ( Six1, Eya1) and neurogenic ( NGNR-1, NeuroD, Delta-1, Hu, acetylated tubulin) markers...
- Persistently altered epigenetic marks in the mouse uterus after neonatal estrogen exposureWendy N Jefferson
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, PO Box 12233, MD E4 05, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Mol Endocrinol 27:1666-77. 2013..the locus-specific association of modified histones with 2 genes, lactoferrin (Ltf) and sine oculis homeobox 1 (Six1), which are permanently upregulated in adults after neonatal DES treatment...
- Thalamic neuropeptide mediating the effects of nursing on lactation and maternal motivationMelinda Cservenák
Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Semmelweis University, Budapest 1094, Hungary Research Group of Molecular and Systems Neurobiology, The Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest 1051, Hungary
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:3070-84. 2013..Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) may contribute to its effects on prolactin release and maternal motivation...
- Genetic determination of nephrogenesis: the Pax/Eya/Six gene networkStephan Brodbeck
Pediatr Nephrol 19:249-55. 2004..Many of the genes that play a crucial role in early kidney development, such as Pax2, Eya1, Six1, Six2, Sall1, Foxc1, Wt1, and the Hox11 genes, are expressed in the mesenchyme and encode transcription factors ..
- The homeoprotein six1 transcriptionally activates multiple protumorigenic genes but requires ezrin to promote metastasisYanlin Yu
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4264, USA
Cancer Res 66:1982-9. 2006..We have shown that the homeodomain transcription factor Six1, known to be required for normal development of migratory myogenic progenitor cells, is sufficient to promote ..
- Homeoproteins Six1 and Six4 regulate male sex determination and mouse gonadal developmentYuka Fujimoto
Department of Kidney Development, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Dev Cell 26:416-30. 2013..Here, we report that the transcription factors Six1 and Six4 are required for male gonadal differentiation...
- Colobomatous macrophthalmia with microcornea syndrome maps to the 2p23-p16 regionNursel H Elcioglu
Genetic Disorders Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Marmara University Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Med Genet A 143:1308-12. 2007..Subsequently, the chromosome 14q24 region containing the CHX10, SIX1, and SIX4 genes were also excluded...
- HPPD: A newly recognized autosomal dominant disorder involving hypertelorism, preauricular sinus, punctal pits, and deafness mapping to chromosome 14q31Srirangan Sampath
Department of Genetics, LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Med Genet A 155:976-85. 2011..We ruled out the involvement of EYA1, SIX1, and SIX5 as candidate genes by direct sequencing of their exons and by SNP-based linkage analysis...
- Novel potential regulators of maternal adaptations during lactation: tuberoinfundibular peptide 39 and amylinA Dobolyi
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Semmelweis University and Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
J Neuroendocrinol 23:1002-8. 2011..in these adaptations, and we focus on two of them in the present study: tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) and amylin...
- Early specification of limb muscle precursor cells by the homeobox gene Lbx1hK Schafer
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Martin Luther University Halle, 06097 Halle, Hollystr 1, Germany
Nat Genet 23:213-6. 1999..6) and those encoded by homeobox-containing genes, including c-Met (ref. 6), Tbx1 (ref. 7), Mox2 (ref. 8), Six1 and Six2 (ref. 9), Pitx2, Pax3 (refs 10,11) and Lbx1h (refs 12,13), are expressed in migrating limb precursor cells...
- Notch2 is required for maintaining sustentacular cell function in the adult mouse main olfactory epitheliumSteve Rodriguez
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Dev Biol 314:40-58. 2008..In the absence of Notch2, the laminar nature of these glial-like cells is disrupted. Hes1, Hey1, and Six1, which are downstream effectors of the Notch pathway, are down-regulated, and cytochrome P450 and Glutathione S-..
- How to make a teleost adenohypophysis: molecular pathways of pituitary development in zebrafishHans Martin Pogoda
Institute for Developmental Biology, University of Cologne, Gyrhofstr 17, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 312:2-13. 2009..most recent findings, including some thus far unpublished data from our own laboratory on the transcription factor Six1. In addition, zebrafish data will be discussed in comparison with current understanding of adenohypophysis ..
- A novel chromosome 19p13.12 deletion in a child with multiple congenital anomaliesDaniel R Jensen
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5241, USA
Am J Med Genet A 149:396-402. 2009..Mutation analysis of EYA1, SIX1, and SIX5, genes that underlie otofaciocervical and/or branchio-oto-renal syndrome, was negative...
- The medial paralemniscal nucleus and its afferent neuronal connections in ratTamas Varga
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Semmelweis University and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
J Comp Neurol 511:221-37. 2008Previously, we described a cell group expressing tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) in the lateral pontomesencephalic tegmentum, and referred to it as the medial paralemniscal nucleus (MPL)...
- Defining a role for the homeoprotein Six1 in EMT and mammary tumorigenesisDerek C Radisky
Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2528-31. 2009..In this issue of the JCI, McCoy and colleagues show that transgenic mice that express the homeoprotein Six1 in mammary epithelial cells show increases in stem/progenitor cell populations and subsequent tumor development, ..
- How is myogenesis initiated in chordates?Leokadia Kiełbówna
Department of Animal Developmental Biology, Institute of Experimental Biology, University of Wrocław, Sienkiewicza 21, 50 335 Wrocław, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 60:107-19. 2012..Cells migrating to the limb bud contain regulatory proteins Six4/Six1, Pax3, Lbx1 and c-met. Rectus abdominis develops from cells that contain Pax3 and Lbx1.
- Renal hypodysplasia associates with a WNT4 variant that causes aberrant canonical WNT signalingAsaf Vivante
Department of Pediatrics, Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Am Soc Nephrol 24:550-8. 2013..RHD and screened for mutations in candidate genes involved in kidney development, including PAX2, HNF1B, EYA1, SIX1, SIX2, SALL1, GDNF, WNT4, and WT1...
- Identification of a selective small-molecule inhibitor series targeting the eyes absent 2 (Eya2) phosphatase activityAaron B Krueger
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Biomol Screen 18:85-96. 2013..The phosphatase activity of Eya is important for a subset of Six1-mediated transcription, making this a unique type of transcriptional control...
- Development temperature has persistent effects on muscle growth responses in gilthead sea breamDaniel García de la serrana
Physiological and Evolutionary Genomics Laboratory, Scottish Oceans Institute, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland, UK
PLoS ONE 7:e51884. 2012..Fasting was associated with a 20-fold increase in MAFbx, and a 5-fold increase in Six1 and WASp expression, which returned to NSF levels within 16h of SF...
- A novel autosomal recessive non-syndromic deafness locus (DFNB35) maps to 14q24.1-14q24.3 in large consanguineous kindred from PakistanMuhammad Ansar
Department of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University Islamabad, Pakistan
Eur J Hum Genet 11:77-80. 2003..75 cM spanning between markers D14S588 and D14S59. A maximum two-point LOD score of 5.3 and multipoint LOD score of 7.6 was obtained at marker D14S53. The interval for DFNB35 does not overlap with the regions for DFNA9, DFNA23 or DFNB5.
- Elevated expression and potential roles of human Sp5, a member of Sp transcription factor family, in human cancersYongxin Chen
Genome Science Division, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:758-66. 2006..CDC25C, CEACAM6, TMPRSS2, XBP1, MYBL1, ABHD2, and CXCL12) and Wnt/beta-Catenin signaling pathways (BAMBI, SIX1, IGFBP5, AES, and p21WAF1)...
- Branchio-Oto-Renal Syndrome (BOR) associated with focal glomerulosclerosis in a patient with a novel EYA1 splice site mutationMaddalena Gigante
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
BMC Nephrol 14:60. 2013..gene mutated in BOR patients is EYA1, the human homolog of the Drosophila eyes absent gene, while mutations in SIX1 gene, the human homolog of sine oculis, encoding a DNA binding protein interacting with EYA1, have been reported ..
- Embryonic origin and remodeling of the urinary and digestive outletsChen Wang
Department of Urology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e55587. 2013..We demonstrate that Six1 and Six2 are complementarily but asymmetrically expressed in the PCM progenitors...
- Mesodermal gene expression in the acoel Isodiametra pulchra indicates a low number of mesodermal cell types and the endomesodermal origin of the gonadsMarta Chiodin
Departament de Genetica, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e55499. 2013..mesodermal cell types we describe the expression pattern of 12 orthologs of bilaterian mesodermal markers including Six1/2, Twist, FoxC, GATA4/5/6, in the acoel Isodiametra pulchra...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues: a new mediator of cardiac function via nitric oxide production in the rat heartG Ross
Institute of Physiology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Endocrinology 146:2221-8. 2005Tuberoinfundibular peptide (TIP39) was initially identified as a neurotransmitter and agonist of the PTH2 receptor, which is expressed in the cardiovascular system...
- Six1 is not involved in limb tendon development, but is expressed in limb connective tissue under Shh regulationMarie Ange Bonnin
Biologie du Développement, CNRS UMR 7622, Universite P et M Curie, 9 quai Saint Bernard, Bat C, 6 e E, Case 24, Paris Cedex 05 75252, France
Mech Dev 122:573-85. 2005Mice deficient for the homeobox gene Six1 display defects in limb muscles consistent with the Six1 expression in myogenic cells...
- EYA1-SIX1 complex in neurosensory cell fate induction in the mammalian inner earElaine Y M Wong
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Hear Res 297:13-9. 2013The phosphatase-transactivator EYA1 interacts with the homeodomain protein SIX1 to form transcriptional activation complexes, which play essential roles in regulating cell proliferation, survival and induction of sensory and neuronal ..
- Six1 regulates MyoD expression in adult muscle progenitor cellsYubing Liu
Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e67762. 2013..We show that Six1, a transcription factor essential for embryonic myogenesis, also regulates MyoD expression in muscle progenitor ..
- Upregulation of notch2 and six1 is associated with progression of early-stage lung adenocarcinoma and a more aggressive phenotype at advanced stagesTakahiro Mimae
Surgical Oncology, Division of Genome Radiobiology and Medicine, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 18:945-55. 2012..This study investigates how transcriptional aberrations in adenocarcinoma cells at the early stage define the clinical phenotypes of adenocarcinoma tumors at the advanced stage...
- Mutation screening of the EYA1, SIX1, and SIX5 genes in an East Asian cohort with branchio-oto-renal syndromeShih Hao Wang
Department of Otolaryngology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine and Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Laryngoscope 122:1130-6. 2012..To explore the genetic characteristics of branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome in an East Asian population...
- Six homeoproteins directly activate Myod expression in the gene regulatory networks that control early myogenesisFrederic Relaix
UPMC Paris 06, UMR S 787, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 9:e1003425. 2013..At the axial level, we further show that Myod is still expressed in compound Six1/Six4:Pax3 but not in Six1/Six4:Myf5 triple mutant embryos, demonstrating that Six1/4 participates in the Pax3-Myod ..
- Induction and specification of cranial placodesGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, AG Roth, University of Bremen, FB2, 28334 Bremen, Germany
Dev Biol 294:303-51. 2006..This common primordium is defined by the expression of transcription factors of the Six1/2, Six4/5, and Eya families, which later continue to be expressed in all placodes and appear to promote generic ..
- Novel Six1 co-factors and their role in placode developmentKAREN MARY NEILSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..In animal models, it has been demonstrated that the expression of the transcription factor Six1 is required for the establishment of the PPE and the formation of the sensory organs derived from it...
- Structural Biology of Class B G-Protein Coupled ReceptorsH Eric Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our specific aims are focused on structural determination of the ECD of PTH1R and PTH2R bound to PTH, PTHrP, and TIP39. After structural determination, we will scrutinize and analyze the structures for key structural elements, and we ..
- Identifying new genes for branchio-oto-renal syndromeFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Within the 33 Mb critical genetic interval we located the SIX1 gene, which is known to play a role in the PAX-EYA-SIX hierarchy of developmental regulation in the organogenesis ..
- Altered expression of PTH type-2 receptor and TIP39David Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2005Tuberoinfundibular peptide 39 (TIP39) and Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) type-2 receptor (PTH2R) constitute a new endocrine system with conserved neuronal mRNA expression in zebrafish and mouse brain...
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will use other mouse kidney mutants lacking Six1, Wtl, c-ret, Gdnf, ld (Fmnl) and Pax2 to assay dependencies of gene expression in metanephric mesenchyme and ..
- Identifying novel genes involved in craniofacial developmentBo Yan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Work in animal models demonstrates that Six1 is a key transcription factor that regulates the initial formation of the cranial placodes, and that Eya1 is a ..
- Regulation of the PTH/PTHrP type-2 receptor and TIP39David Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002..It therefore appears that TIP39 is the endogenous ligand of the vertebrate PTH2R...
- Proliferation Control of Neuroendo/Renal OrganogenesisXue Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..Functional importance of Six-family genes in tumorigenesis is further suggested by the observations that Six1 is selectively up regulated at the late stage of G1 cell cycle and promotes G2/S cell cycle transition...