Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SIX1
Description: SIX homeobox 1
Alias: BOS3, DFNA23, TIP39, homeobox protein SIX1, sine oculis homeobox homolog 1
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Abrogation of the G2 cell cycle checkpoint associated with overexpression of HSIX1: a possible mechanism of breast carcinogenesisH L Ford
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:12608-13. 1998..These data support the role for homeobox genes in tumorigenesis/tumor progression, possibly through a cell cycle function...
- The alpha subunits of Gz and Gi interact with the eyes absent transcription cofactor Eya2, preventing its interaction with the six class of homeodomain-containing proteinsX Fan
Departments of Pharmacology, Medicine and Pathology, and Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 275:32129-34. 2000..We show here a novel functional regulation of a co-activator directly by G protein subunits...
- Molecular effects of Eya1 domain mutations causing organ defects in BOR syndromeC Buller
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Hum Mol Genet 10:2775-81. 2001..However, four mutations are crucial for protein-protein interactions in both yeast and mammalian cells. Our results provide insights into the molecular mechanisms of organ defects detected in human syndromes...
- Gene expression in Wilms' tumor mimics the earliest committed stage in the metanephric mesenchymal-epithelial transitionChi Ming Li
Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 160:2181-90. 2002..are essential for cell survival and proliferation in early metanephric development, whereas others, including SIX1, MOX1, and SALL2, are predicted to act at this stage...
- Molecular interaction and synergistic activation of a promoter by Six, Eya, and Dach proteins mediated through CREB binding proteinKeiko Ikeda
Department of Biology, Jichi Medical School, Yakushiji, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi, 329 0498, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 22:6759-66. 2002..This work provides fundamental information on the role and the mechanism of action of this gene cassette in tissue differentiation and organogenesis...
- The role of Six1 in mammalian auditory system developmentWeiming Zheng
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 130:3989-4000. 2003..However, their roles during auditory system development have not been studied. We report that Six1 is required for mouse auditory system development...
- Eya protein phosphatase activity regulates Six1-Dach-Eya transcriptional effects in mammalian organogenesisXue Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School and Department of Medicine, UCSD, 9500 Gilman Drive, Room 345, La Jolla, California 92093 0648, USA
Nature 426:247-54. 2003..Here, we report that Six1 is required for the development of murine kidney, muscle and inner ear, and that it exhibits synergistic genetic ..
- The Six1 homeoprotein stimulates tumorigenesis by reactivation of cyclin A1Ricardo D Coletta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6478-83. 2004..Here we show that the tissue-restricted cyclin A1 is a transcriptional target of the Six1 homeoprotein...
- Transcriptional activation of the SALL1 by the human SIX1 homeodomain during kidney developmentLi Chai
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18918-26. 2006..Consensus binding sites were identified for several transcription factors, with multiple sites for WT1 and SIX1. In transient transfection assays, SALL1 promoter activity was higher in HEK-293 human kidney cells and COS-7 ..
- Clinicopathological significance of homeoprotein Six1 in hepatocellular carcinomaK T Ng
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease and Departments of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, L9 55, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Br J Cancer 95:1050-5. 2006..The present study investigated the clinicopathological significance of a possible metastasis regulator Six1 in HCC patients who were undergone hepatectomy...
- Six1 overexpression in mammary cells induces genomic instability and is sufficient for malignant transformationRicardo D Coletta
Department of Obstretrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Cancer Res 68:2204-13. 2008..During embryogenesis, the Six1 homeoprotein is essential for the expansion of precursor cell populations that give rise to muscle and kidney, ..
- Biochemical and functional characterization of six SIX1 Branchio-oto-renal syndrome mutationsAaron N Patrick
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20781-90. 2009..Recently, eight mutations in the SIX1 homeobox gene were discovered in BOR patients...
- Six1 expands the mouse mammary epithelial stem/progenitor cell pool and induces mammary tumors that undergo epithelial-mesenchymal transitionErica L McCoy
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2663-77. 2009b>Six1 is a developmentally regulated homeoprotein with limited expression in most normal adult tissues and frequent misexpression in a variety of malignancies...
- The Six1 homeoprotein induces human mammary carcinoma cells to undergo epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis in mice through increasing TGF-beta signalingDouglas S Micalizzi
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2678-90. 2009..Here we show that overexpression of the homeoprotein Six1, normally a developmentally restricted transcriptional regulator, increases TGF-beta signaling in human breast ..
- Inhibition of Eyes Absent Homolog 4 expression induces malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor necrosisS J Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Oncogene 29:368-79. 2010..We identified a decrease in DACH1 expression, and increases in the expressions of PAX6, EYA1, EYA2, EYA4, and SIX1-4 genes...
- Suppression of tumorigenesis and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma by shRNA interference targeting on homeoprotein Six1Kevin T P Ng
Department of Surgery, LKS Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Int J Cancer 127:859-72. 2010We previously demonstrated that the overexpression of homeoprotein Six1 in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients is associated with venous infiltration, advanced pathologic tumor metastasis (pTNM) stage and poor overall survival rate (..
- Genome-wide association identifies ATOH7 as a major gene determining human optic disc sizeStuart Macgregor
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 19:2716-24. 2010..0136). Furthermore, the Arg65Gly variant was found to have very low frequency (0.00066) in an additional set of 672 controls...
- A genome-wide association study of optic disc parametersWishal D Ramdas
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 6:e1000978. 2010..15x10(-11)) in the CDKN2B gene and rs10483727 on chromosome 14q22.3-q23 (p = 2.93x10(-10)) within 40 kbp of the SIX1 gene...
- MicroRNA-185 suppresses tumor growth and progression by targeting the Six1 oncogene in human cancersJ S Imam
Greehey Children s Cancer Research Institute, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Oncogene 29:4971-9. 2010..In this study, we investigate the mechanism by which the Six1 homeobox protein, which has a crucial role during development, is frequently deregulated in several poor outcome, ..
- Mutation screening of the EYA1, SIX1, and SIX5 genes in a large cohort of patients harboring branchio-oto-renal syndrome calls into question the pathogenic role of SIX5 mutationsPauline Krug
AP HP, Service de Nephrologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 32:183-90. 2011..Over 80 mutations in EYA1 have been reported in BOR. Mutations in SIX1, a DNA binding protein that associates with EYA1, have been reported less frequently...
- Expression and clinical implications of homeobox gene Six1 in cervical cancer cell lines and cervical epithelial tissuesXiu hui Zheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Daping, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:1587-92. 2010The homeobox gene Six1 is overexpressed in multiple human tumors, playing a role in promoting tumorigenesis and metastasis. The present study was aimed to investigate the clinical implications of Six1 expression in cervical cancer.
- Common genetic variants associated with open-angle glaucomaWishal D Ramdas
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 20:2464-71. 2011..The loci studied include ATOH7, CDC7/TGFBR3 and SALL1 for optic disc area, and CDKN2B, SIX1, SCYL1/LTBP3, CHEK2, ATOH7 and DCLK1 for VCDR...
- Expression and significance of Six1 and Ezrin in cervical cancer tissueJie Tan
Department of Gynaecology, Jiangyin Hospital, Medical School of Southeast of China University, No 35 East of Renming Road, Jiangyin, 214400, China
Tumour Biol 32:1241-7. 2011This study aimed to investigate the expression of Six1 gene and its downstream target gene Ezrin in cervical cancer, and to correlate their expression to the clinical pathology of cervical cancer...
- A genome-wide association study in the Japanese population confirms 9p21 and 14q23 as susceptibility loci for primary open angle glaucomaWael Osman
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 21:2836-42. 2012..Our GWAS results should contribute to better insight into the genetic basis of POAG...
- SIX1 induces lymphangiogenesis and metastasis via upregulation of VEGF-C in mouse models of breast cancerChu An Wang
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1895-906. 2012..We therefore investigated whether SIX1, a homeodomain-containing transcription factor previously associated in breast cancer with lymph node positivity, ..
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies identifies novel loci that influence cupping and the glaucomatous processHenriët Springelkamp
1 Department of Ophthalmology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam 3000 CA, The Netherlands 2 Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam 3000 CA, The Netherlands
Nat Commun 5:4883. 2014..This study has more than doubled the known loci associated with optic disc cupping and will allow greater understanding of mechanisms involved in this common blinding condition. ..
- Homeobox genes and connective tissue patterningG Oliver
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
Development 121:693-705. 1995..Six 1 and Six 2 also are expressed in skeletal and smooth muscle, respectively. These genes may participate in the patterning of the distal tendons of the limb phalanges by setting positional values along the limb axes...
- Cell cycle-regulated phosphorylation of the human SIX1 homeodomain proteinH L Ford
Division of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, the Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, and the Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 275:22245-54. 2000Human SIX1 (HSIX1) is a member of the Six class of homeodomain proteins implicated in muscle, eye, head, and brain development...
- SIX1 mutations cause branchio-oto-renal syndrome by disruption of EYA1-SIX1-DNA complexesRainer G Ruf
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8090-5. 2004..We recently mapped a locus for BOR/BO syndrome (BOS3) to human chromosome 14q23.1...
- A comparative study of Eya1 and Eya4 protein function and its implication in branchio-oto-renal syndrome and DFNA10Yuzhou Zhang
Molecular Otolaryngology Research Laboratories, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 5:295-304. 2004..We verified that bait constructs of the homologous region ( Eya1HR and Eya4HR) interact with Six1 prey constructs, although no interaction with Dach1 prey was demonstrable...
- SIX1 mutation screening in 247 branchio-oto-renal syndrome families: a recurrent missense mutation associated with BORAmit Kochhar
Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hum Mutat 29:565. 2008..Both EYA1 and SIX1 are expressed in developing otic, branchial and renal tissue...
- The BOS loci of Arabidopsis are required for resistance to Botrytis cinerea infectionPaola Veronese
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, 915 W State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
Plant J 40:558-74. 2004Three Botrytis-susceptible mutants bos2, bos3, and bos4 which define independent and novel genetic loci required for Arabidopsis resistance to Botrytis cinerea were isolated. The bos2 mutant is susceptible to B...
- Molecular evolution of the vertebrate mechanosensory cell and earBernd Fritzsch
Creighton University, Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Int J Dev Biol 51:663-78. 2007..modified a genetic program through intercalation of genes between the master control genes on the top (Pax6, Eya1, Six1) of the hierarchy and the structural genes (rhodopsin) at the bottom, the as yet molecularly unknown mechanosensory ..
- Characterization of the Six1 homeobox gene in normal mammary gland morphogenesisRicardo D Coletta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, 12800 E, 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
BMC Dev Biol 10:4. 2010The Six1 homeobox gene is highly expressed in the embryonic mammary gland, continues to be expressed in early postnatal mammary development, but is lost when the mammary gland differentiates during pregnancy...
- Eya1 and Eya2 proteins are required for hypaxial somitic myogenesis in the mouse embryoRaphaelle Grifone
département génétique et développement, Institut Cochin Paris, INSERM, U567, Paris, F 75014 France
Dev Biol 302:602-16. 2007In mammals, Pax3, Six4, Six1 and Six5 genes are co-expressed with Eya1, Eya2 and Eya4 genes during mouse somitogenesis...
- Patterning of the third pharyngeal pouch into thymus/parathyroid by Six and Eya1Dan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 293:499-512. 2006..Here, we examined their roles in pharyngeal pouch development. Six1-/- mice lack thymus and parathyroid and analysis of Six1-/- third pouch endoderm demonstrated that the patterning ..
- Characterization of the human and mouse genes encoding the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues, a ligand of the parathyroid hormone receptor familyI A Hansen
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, Germany
J Endocrinol 174:95-102. 2002The polypeptide TIP39 (tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues) is a potent activator of the parathyroid hormone (PTH)-2 receptor (P2R) and an antagonist of the PTH-1 receptor (P1R)...
- Evidence for the expression of parathyroid hormone 2 receptor in the human brainstemAttila G Bagó
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Ideggyogy Sz 61:123-6. 2008..Initial functional studies suggest that the PTH2R is involved in the regulation of viscerosensory information processing. As a first step towards clinical applications, herein we describe the presence of the PTH2R in the human brainstem...
- Branchio-oto-renal syndromeAmit Kochhar
Molecular Otolaryngology Research Laboratories, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1671-8. 2007..the BOR phenotype have been identified and two genes that act in a regulatory network have been cloned, EYA1 and SIX1. EYA1 and SIX1 are homologous to genes involved in Drosophila eye development, eyes absent gene (eya), and sine ..
- Elevated amounts of myocilin in the aqueous humor of transgenic mice cause significant changes in ocular gene expressionWalter Paper
Institute of Human Anatomy and Embryology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Exp Eye Res 87:257-67. 2008..Differences in expression were also found for Six1 which encodes for a transcription factor, and for Pftk1 whose gene product is a cdc2-related protein kinase...
- The non-conserved C-terminal segments of Sine Oculis Homeobox (SIX) proteins confer functional specificityBrandon P Weasner
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Genesis 47:514-23. 2009..Members of this transcription factor family can be divided into three subgroups: Six1/2, Six4/5, and Six3/6...
- Expression of Six1 and Six4 in mouse taste budsYuko Suzuki
Division of Histology, Department of Oral Growth and Development, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu 061 0293, Japan
J Mol Histol 41:205-14. 2010..We examined the expression of Six1 and Six4 mRNAs in mouse taste buds by using in situ hybridization...
- Molecular mechanisms of ligand recognition by parathyroid hormone 1 (PTH1) and PTH2 receptorsS R Hoare
Laboratory of Genetics, NIMH, Buidling 36 Rm 3D06, 36 Convent Drive MSC4090, Bethesda, MD 20892 4094, USA
Curr Pharm Des 7:689-713. 2001..and three related ligands (PTH, PTH-related protein (PTHrP) an d tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39))...
- Six and Eya expression during human somitogenesis and MyoD gene family activationFrancoise Fougerousse
URA CNRS 1923, Genethon, 1 rue de l Internationale, BP60, 91002 Evry, France
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 23:255-64. 2002..b>Six1, Six4 and Six5 homeoproteins are detected later than Myf5 activation...
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in the metanephric mesenchymeDeepali Pitre Poladia
Center for Cell and Vascular Biology, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Dev Biol 291:325-39. 2006..By in situ hybridization, regions of mutant mesenchyme near the ureteric bud(s) express Eya1 and Six1, but not Six2, Sall1, or Pax2, while the ureteric bud expresses Ret and Pax2 normally...
- Prevalence of mutations in renal developmental genes in children with renal hypodysplasia: results of the ESCAPE studyStefanie Weber
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Rene Descartes, 147 Rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:2864-70. 2006..symptoms have been identified in TCF2 (renal cysts and diabetes syndrome), PAX2 (renal-coloboma syndrome), EYA1 and SIX1 (branchio-oto-renal syndrome), and SALL1 (Townes-Brocks syndrome)...
- Catweasel mice: a novel role for Six1 in sensory patch development and a model for branchio-oto-renal syndromeErika A Bosman
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, The Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton CB10 1SA, UK
Dev Biol 328:285-96. 2009..We mapped the catweasel mutation to a critical region of 13 Mb on chromosome 12 containing the Six1, -4 and -6 genes...
- Eya1 regulates the growth of otic epithelium and interacts with Pax2 during the development of all sensory areas in the inner earDan Zou
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, 1520 23rd Street South, MT 59405, USA
Dev Biol 298:430-41. 2006..However, it remains unknown whether Pax genes interact with Eya1 or Six1 during inner ear morphogenesis...
- Distribution of tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues and its receptor, parathyroid hormone 2 receptor, in the mouse brainCatherine A Faber
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
J Comp Neurol 502:563-83. 2007Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) was identified as a potent parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R) agonist...
- Six1 is required for the early organogenesis of mammalian kidneyPin Xian Xu
McLaughlin Research Institute, 1520 23rd Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 130:3085-94. 2003..to Drosophila sine oculis (so) which encodes a homeodomain transcription factor, is composed of six members (Six1-6)...
- Parathyroid hormone 2 receptor and its endogenous ligand tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues are concentrated in endocrine, viscerosensory and auditory brain regions in macaque and humanA G Bagó
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, Histology and Endocrinology, Semmelweis University and the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Tuzolto u 58, Budapest H 1094, Hungary
Neuroscience 162:128-47. 2009Parathyroid hormone receptor 2 (PTH2R) and its ligand, tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) constitute a neuromodulator system implicated in endocrine and nociceptive regulation...
- Dynamic expression of Six family genes in the dental mesenchyme and the epithelial ameloblast stem/progenitor cells during murine tooth developmentKoji Nonomura
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Anat 216:80-91. 2010..We found dynamic expression patterns for Six1, Six2, Six4 and Six5 in the oral epithelium and mesenchymal cells with distinct expression patterns at the early ..
- Six4, a putative myogenin gene regulator, is not essential for mouse embryonal developmentH Ozaki
Departments of Biology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:3343-50. 2001..The expression pattern was similar to that of Six1 except at the early stage of embryonic day 8.5...
- Cooperation between myogenic regulatory factors and SIX family transcription factors is important for myoblast differentiationYubing Liu
Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 38:6857-71. 2010..We have conducted a functional genomic study of the role played by SIX1 and SIX4 during the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts, a model of adult muscle regeneration...
- Making senses development of vertebrate cranial placodesGerhard Schlosser
Zoology, School of Natural Sciences and Martin Ryan Institute, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 283:129-234. 2010..evidence for the existence of a panplacodal primordium and discusses the central role of transcription factors Six1 and Eya1 in the regulation of processes shared between different placodes...
- SIX1 acts synergistically with TBX18 in mediating ureteral smooth muscle formationXuguang Nie
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Development 137:755-65. 2010..b>Six1 is a crucial regulator of renal development: mutations in human SIX1 cause branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome and ..
- Initiation of olfactory placode development and neurogenesis is blocked in mice lacking both Six1 and Six4Binglai Chen
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of NYU, New York, NY 10029, USA
Dev Biol 326:75-85. 2009..In mice, loss of Six1 affects OE morphogenesis but not placode formation...
- Transcript expression of the tuberoinfundibular peptide (TIP)39/PTH2 receptor system and non-PTH1 receptor-mediated tonic effects of TIP39 and other PTH2 receptor ligands in renal vesselsAnne Eichinger
Renovascular Pharmacology and Physiology, National Institute of Health and Medical Research, University Louis Pasteur Medical School, 11 rue Humann, Bâtiment 4, F67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Endocrinology 143:3036-43. 2002..Moreover, results obtained in IPK desensitized to the vasodilatory action of PTHrP (1-36) strongly suggest that TIP, along with PTHrP, might be coordinately involved in the regulation of renal hemodynamics...
- Neurons containing tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues project to limbic, endocrine, auditory and spinal areas in ratA Dobolyi
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, 36 Convent Drive, MSC4094, Building 36, Room 3D06, Bethesda, MD 20892 4094, USA
Neuroscience 122:1093-105. 2003Accumulating evidence suggests that tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) may be the endogenous ligand of the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor...
- Tuberoinfundibular Peptide of 39 residues is required for germ cell developmentTed B Usdin
National Institute of Mental Health National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 149:4292-300. 2008Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) was identified as a PTH 2 receptor ligand. We report that mice with deletion of Tifp39, the gene encoding TIP39, are sterile...
- The six family of homeobox genes in development and cancerKimberly L Christensen
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Adv Cancer Res 101:93-126. 2008..In addition, aberrant expression of Six, Eya, and Dach occurs in numerous human tumors, and Six1, in particular, plays a causal role both in tumor initiation and in metastasis...
- The TIP39-PTH2 receptor system: unique peptidergic cell groups in the brainstem and their interactions with central regulatory mechanismsArpad Dobolyi
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, HAS Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Prog Neurobiol 90:29-59. 2010Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) is the recently purified endogenous ligand of the previously orphan G-protein coupled parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R)...
- Conserved expression of mouse Six1 in the pre-placodal region (PPR) and identification of an enhancer for the rostral PPRShigeru Sato
Division of Biology, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Dev Biol 344:158-71. 2010..all placodes originate from a common precursor domain, the pre-placodal region (PPR), marked by the expression of Six1/4 and Eya1/2...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) signaling modulates acute and tonic nociceptionEugene L Dimitrov
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, 35 Convent Drive, Room 1B 213, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Neurol 226:68-83. 2010Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) synthesizing neurons at the caudal border of the thalamus and in the lateral pons project to areas rich in its receptor, the parathyroid hormone 2 receptor (PTH2R)...
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide (7-39) [TIP(7-39)], a novel, selective, high-affinity antagonist for the parathyroid hormone-1 receptor with no detectable agonist activityS R Hoare
Unit on Cell Biology, Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:761-70. 2000..tuberoinfundibular peptide (7-39) [TIP(7-39)], derived from the likely endogenous ligand for the PTH2 receptor TIP39. In this study its in vitro profile is evaluated and compared with that of [D-Trp(12),Tyr(34)]bPTH(7-34) and PTHrP(..
- Acoustic stress activates tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues neurons in the rat brainMiklos Palkovits
Laboratory of Neuromorphology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Struct Funct 214:15-23. 2009..immunoreactivity (Fos-ir) was investigated in neurons that synthesize tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) in the rat brain: in the subparafascicular area of the thalamus, the posterior intralaminar complex of the ..
- Tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues modulates the mouse hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis via paraventricular glutamatergic neuronsEugene Dimitrov
Section on Fundamental Neuroscience, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:4375-94. 2010..area at the caudal border of the thalamus that contain the neuropeptide tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39) densely innervate several hypothalamic areas, including the paraventricular nucleus (PVN)...
- Expression of myogenin during embryogenesis is controlled by Six/sine oculis homeoproteins through a conserved MEF3 binding siteF Spitz
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U129, Institut Cochin de Genetique Moleculaire, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14220-5. 1998..Antibodies directed specifically against Six1 or Six4 proteins reveal that each of these proteins is present in the embryo when myogenin is activated and ..
- The human tuftelin gene: cloning and characterizationZ Mao
Dental Research Unit, Department of Oral Biology, Institute of Dental Sciences, Hebrew University, Hadassah Faculty of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem, Israel
Gene 279:181-96. 2001..region, recently reported to be involved with tuftelin self-assembly and with the interaction of tuftelin with TIP39 (a novel tuftelin interacting protein)...
- Hypobranchial placodes in Xenopus laevis give rise to hypobranchial ganglia, a novel type of cranial gangliaGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, FB 2, PO Box 33 04 40, 28334, Bremen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 312:21-9. 2003..laevis is described in more detail using in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry for various placodal ( Six1, Eya1) and neurogenic ( NGNR-1, NeuroD, Delta-1, Hu, acetylated tubulin) markers...
- Establishment of tendon-derived cell lines exhibiting pluripotent mesenchymal stem cell-like propertyR Salingcarnboriboon
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Cell Res 287:289-300. 2003..Tendon phenotype-related genes such as those encoding scleraxis, Six1, EphA4, COMP, and type I collagen were expressed in these tendon cell clones...
- Sequential expression and redundancy of Pitx2 and Pitx3 genes during muscle developmentAurore L'honoré
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, 110, avenue des Pins Ouest, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1R7
Dev Biol 307:421-33. 2007..including bHLH muscle regulatory factors (MRFs), the paired factors Pax3 and Pax7 and the homeobox factors Six1 and Six4. This program is critically dependent on MRFs that target downstream muscle-specific genes...
- Eya1 and Six1 promote neurogenesis in the cranial placodes in a SoxB1-dependent fashionGerhard Schlosser
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, FB2, PO Box 330440, 28334 Bremen, Germany
Dev Biol 320:199-214. 2008Genes of the Eya family and of the Six1/2 subfamily are expressed throughout development of vertebrate cranial placodes and are required for their differentiation into ganglia and sense organs...
- Identification and characterization of the murine and human gene encoding the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residuesMarkus R John
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Endocrinology 143:1047-57. 2002..we identified human and mouse genomic DNA clones that encode the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39)...
- Eya1 is required for the morphogenesis of mammalian thymus, parathyroid and thyroidPin Xian Xu
McLaughlin Research Institute for Biomedical Sciences, Great Falls, MT 59405, USA
Development 129:3033-44. 2002..These data indicate that Eya1 also regulates mature thyroid gland formation. Furthermore, we show that Six1 expression is markedly reduced in the arch mesenchyme, pouch endoderm and surface ectoderm in the pharyngeal region ..
- The parathyroid hormone 2 (PTH2) receptorT B Usdin
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 36 Room 3D06, 36 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
Receptors Channels 8:211-8. 2002..activated at high potency by PTH and by the recently discovered peptide tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39)...
- Identification and characterization of the zebrafish and fugu genes encoding tuberoinfundibular peptide 39Madhusudhan R Papasani
Department of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 61790, USA
Endocrinology 145:5294-304. 2004..PTH2R) has been isolated from mammals and zebrafish, only its mammalian agonist, tuberoinfundibular peptide 39 (TIP39), has been characterized thus far...
- Identification of a novel EYA1 splice-site mutation in a Danish branchio-oto-renal syndrome familyAnn Marie Henriksen
Willhelm Johansen Centre for Functional Genome Research, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Genet Test 8:404-6. 2004..BOR is caused by mutations in the genes EYA1 and SIX1. A Danish BOR family with five affected individuals in three generations was analyzed for mutations in all 17 exons ..
- EYA1 and SIX1 gene mutations in Japanese patients with branchio-oto-renal (BOR) syndrome and related conditionsMichiyo Okada
Department of Clinical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Nephrol 21:475-81. 2006..We analyzed all exons and exon-intron boundaries of EYA1 and SIX1 using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) direct sequencing, and characterized their mutations...
- Development and differentiation of the ureteric bud into the ureter in the absence of a kidney collecting systemKevin T Bush
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, and Urological Diseases Research Center, Department of Urology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 298:571-84. 2006b>Six1-/- mice were found to have apparently normal ureters in the absence of a kidney, suggesting that the growth and development of the unbranched ureter is largely independent of the more proximal portions of the UB which differentiates ..
- The development of the parathyroid gland: from fish to humanJeffrey D Zajac
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Health and Northern Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 17:353-6. 2008..We describe the molecular mechanisms regulating parathyroid gland embryogenesis and the clinical syndromes related to mutations in control genes...
- CDKN2B polymorphism is associated with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) in the Afro-Caribbean population of Barbados, West IndiesDan Cao
Ophthalmic Genetics and Visual Function Branch, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39278. 2012..variants in or near CDC7/TGFBR3, ZP4, SRBD1, ELOVL5, CAV1/CAV2, TLR4, CDKN2B, CDKN2B-AS1, ATOH7, PLXDC2, TMTC2, SIX1, and CARD10, with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) in the Afro-Caribbean population of Barbados, West Indies...
- Core promoter analysis of porcine Six1 gene and its regulation of the promoter activity by CpG methylationWangjun Wu
Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China Electronic address
Gene 529:238-44. 2013b>Six1, an evolutionary conserved transcription factor, has been shown to play an important role in organogenesis and diseases. However, no reports were shown to investigate its transcriptional regulatory mechanisms...
- Genetics of primary open angle glaucomaMitsuko Takamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 58:1-15. 2014..and coiled-coil domain 1 region on 1q24, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B antisense RNA on 9p21, the SIX1 and SIX6 regions on 14q24 and, possibly, the regulatory region of 8q22...
- [Comparative analysis of conservation and regulatory network on core transcription factors in mouse inner ear development]Zhi Qiang Chen
The First Clinical Medical College, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Yi Chuan 35:1198-208. 2013During vertebrate inner ear development, several core genes, such as Six1, Six4, Pax2, Pax8, Foxi1, Dlx5, Gbx2, Irx2/3, and Msx1, are crucial to the regulation of the otic placode induction...
- SIX1 gene: absence of mutations in children with isolated congenital anomalies of kidney and urinary tractSusanna Negrisolo
Laboratory of Immunopathology and Molecular Biology of the Kidney, Women s and Children s Health Department, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128, Padua, Italy
J Nephrol 27:667-71. 2014Mutations in human SIX1 gene cause branchiootorenal or branchiootic syndrome. Six1 deficient mice exhibit uni- or bilateral renal hypoplasia or kidney agenesis...
- [Clinicopathological significance of ezrin and SIX1 protein expression in alpha fetoprotein-negative hepatocellular carcinoma]Jienan Kong
Department of Pathology, Medical College, Yanbian University, Yanji 133000, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 32:236-9. 2016To investigate the clinicopathological significance of ezrin and SIX1 overexpression in alpha fetoprotein (AFP)-negative hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Postnatal onset of retinal degeneration by loss of embryonic Ezh2 repression of Six1NaiHong Yan
Department of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Laboratories, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, P R China
Sci Rep 6:33887. 2016..in progressive photoreceptor degeneration throughout postnatal life, via derepression of fetal expression of Six1 and its targets...
- Genomic cloning and characterization of the human homeobox gene SIX6 reveals a cluster of SIX genes in chromosome 14 and associates SIX6 hemizygosity with bilateral anophthalmia and pituitary anomaliesM E Gallardo
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Velazquez 144, Madrid, 28006, Spain
Genomics 61:82-91. 1999..Chromosomal mapping of SIX6 revealed that it is closely linked to SIX1 and SIX4 in human chromosome 14q22...
- Methods to enhance signal using isotopic in situ hybridizationBetty Ky
Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 50:1031-7. 2002..as genes of low abundance, such as the oxytocin receptor (OTR) and the tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (Tip39)...
- Afferent connections of the subparafascicular area in ratJ Wang
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, 35 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 3728, USA
Neuroscience 138:197-220. 2006..the major sites of synthesis of the recently discovered neuropeptide, tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residues (TIP39)...
- Cell fate determination factor DACH1 inhibits c-Jun-induced contact-independent growthKongming Wu
Department of Cancer Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:755-67. 2007..DACH1 can be recruited to DNA via the Six1/Eya bipartite transcription (DNA binding/coactivator) complex...
- Transcription factor SIX5 is mutated in patients with branchio-oto-renal syndromeBethan E Hoskins
Department of Pediatrics and of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Hum Genet 80:800-4. 2007..Mutations in EYA1 are known to cause BOR. More recently, mutations in SIX1, which interacts with EYA1, were identified as an additional cause of BOR...
- Eya2 is required to mediate the pro-metastatic functions of Six1 via the induction of TGF-β signaling, epithelial-mesenchymal transition, and cancer stem cell propertiesS M Farabaugh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Oncogene 31:552-62. 2012b>Six1 is a critical regulator of embryonic development that requires interaction with the Eya family of proteins (Eya1-4) to activate the transcription of genes involved in neurogenesis, myogenesis and nephrogenesis...
- A highly conserved effector in Fusarium oxysporum is required for full virulence on ArabidopsisLouise F Thatcher
Queensland Bioscience Precint, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:180-90. 2012..We identified homologs of F. oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici SIX1, SIX4, SIX8, and SIX9 in the genome of Arabidopsis infecting isolate Fo5176...
- Six1 and Six1 cofactor expression is altered during early skeletal muscle overload in miceBradley S Gordon
Department of Exercise Science, Public Health Research Center, University of South Carolina, 3rd Floor, 921 Assembly Street, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Physiol Sci 62:393-401. 2012b>Six1 is a transcription factor that, along with cofactors (Eya1, Eya3, and Dach2), regulates skeletal muscle fiber-type and development...
- The role of the Pax1/9 gene in the early development of amphioxus pharyngeal gill slitsXin Liu
State Key Laboratory of Cellular Stress Biology, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian, China
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 324:30-40. 2015..Moreover, the expression levels of the pharyngeal marker genes Six1/2 and Tbx1/10 were reduced in Pax1/9 knockdown embryos...
- The Eya1 phosphatase promotes Shh signaling during hindbrain development and oncogenesisAdriana Eisner
Departments of Cancer Biology and Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 33:22-35. 2015..We find that the catalytically active phosphatase Eya1 cooperates with the DNA-binding protein Six1 to promote gene induction in response to Shh and that Eya1/Six1 together regulate Gli transcriptional activators...
- Deployment of a retinal determination gene network drives directed cell migration in the sea urchin embryoMegan L Martik
University Program in Genetics and Genomics, Duke University, Durham, United States
elife 4:. 2015..potential of these cells reveals a 'coherent feed-forward' transcriptional subcircuit composed of Pax6, Six3, Six1/2, Eya, and Dach1 that is responsible for the directed homing mechanism of these multipotent progenitors...
- SIX1 is overexpressed in endometrial carcinoma and promotes the malignant behavior of cancer cells through ERK and AKT signalingXiaochuan Xin
Department of Pathology, Shengjing Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110004, P R China
Oncol Lett 12:3435-3440. 2016The sineoculis homeobox homolog 1 (SIX1) protein has been found to be important for cancer progression. However, its biological role in human endometrial carcinomas remains unexplored...
- Genetic determination of nephrogenesis: the Pax/Eya/Six gene networkStephan Brodbeck
Pediatr Nephrol 19:249-55. 2004..Many of the genes that play a crucial role in early kidney development, such as Pax2, Eya1, Six1, Six2, Sall1, Foxc1, Wt1, and the Hox11 genes, are expressed in the mesenchyme and encode transcription factors ..
- Graeme Mardon; Fiscal Year: 2016..In humans, mutations in EYA1 and SIX1 cause the autosomal dominant disorder known as BOR (branchio-oto-renal) syndrome, characterized by branchial arch ..
- Jenean O'Brien; Fiscal Year: 2015..The pro-metastatic Homeobox (Hox) transcription factor SIX1 is overexpressed in at least 10 tumor types, including RMS, where it is critical for metastasis...
- Novel Six1 co-factors and their role in placode developmentKAREN MARY NEILSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..In animal models, it has been demonstrated that the expression of the transcription factor Six1 is required for the establishment of the PPE and the formation of the sensory organs derived from it...
- SALLY ANN MOODY; Fiscal Year: 2015..First, mutations of Six1 result in the branchio-otic syndrome 3 (BOS3, OMIM 608389), which is characterized by craniofacial defects and hearing loss...
- Gerald Mingin; Fiscal Year: 2014..My mentor, Dr. Xue (Sean) Li, has shown that the Six1-Eya1 transcriptional complex is indispensable to kidney development because a mutation in either Six1 or Eya1 ..
- Heide L Ford; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): During development, Six1 plays a critical role in the expansion of progenitor cell populations via regulating proliferation, survival, migration, and invasion...
- The Role of Eya3 as a downstream target of EWS Fli1 in Ewings SarcomaTyler P Robin; Fiscal Year: 2013..cells (TIC) are implicated in treatment-resistant (chemoresistant) cancers, and since the binding partner of Eya3, Six1, increases TIC populations in breast cancer, we further examined whether Eya3 may modulate a TIC population in ..
- Pin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2016..The long-term objective of this proposal is to elucidate the mechanisms by which Eya1 and Six1 control normal kidney development...
- Structural Biology of Class B G-Protein Coupled ReceptorsH Eric Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our specific aims are focused on structural determination of the ECD of PTH1R and PTH2R bound to PTH, PTHrP, and TIP39. After structural determination, we will scrutinize and analyze the structures for key structural elements, and we ..
- The role of Foxi3 in inner ear developmentSAFIA BANO KHATRI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The PPR is marked by the expression of unique set of genes like Dlx5, ERNI, Six1/4, Foxi3 and Eya 1/2. We have shown that Foxi3 is one of the earliest genes expressed in this region...
- The Role of Eya and its Interacting Gene Six in Mammalian Inner Ear DevelopmentPin Xian Xu; Fiscal Year: 2011..We identified mutations in the human SIX1 or SIX5 from BOR patients and analyzed these mutations functionally, identified the developmental functions of Six1 ..
- Isothermal Titration CalorimeterRobert S Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2013..S.). Understanding protein-DNA recognition (Churchill, M.E.A.). Examining the interaction of SIX1 mutants with EYA in a transcriptional complex which can induce tumor onset and metastasis (Ford, H.L.)...
- Heide L Ford; Fiscal Year: 2015..a new mechanism of lymphangiogenesis and breast tumor metastatic spread, via control of VEGF-C levels by the Six1/Eya2 transcriptional complex...
- JOSE MARIO WOLOSIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..capable of affecting gene transcription globally and usually referred as master or cell fate genes (PAX6, MEIS1, SIX1, MSX1, HES1 ID1, the MXD1/MAX system controlling MYC activity) contribute to cell stemness in the limbal epithelium...
- The anti-tumorigenic and anti-metastatic potential of Eya phosphatase inhibitorsRui Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous work established that a transcriptional complex, consisting of proteins Eya and Six1, plays a significant role in causing cells to become cancerous and spread...
- Identify inhibitors of the Six1/Eya interaction using high throughput screeningRui Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Six1 is a developmental gene that is abnormally re-expressed in a large percentage of breast cancers...
- Identifying new genes for branchio-oto-renal syndromeFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2009..total genome search for linkage in a large kindred of 18 individuals affected with BO, we mapped a new gene locus (BOS3) to chromosome 14q21...
- Altered expression of PTH type-2 receptor and TIP39David Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2005Tuberoinfundibular peptide 39 (TIP39) and Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) type-2 receptor (PTH2R) constitute a new endocrine system with conserved neuronal mRNA expression in zebrafish and mouse brain...
- Identifying novel genes involved in craniofacial developmentBo Yan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Work in animal models demonstrates that Six1 is a key transcription factor that regulates the initial formation of the cranial placodes, and that Eya1 is a ..
- Regulation of the PTH/PTHrP type-2 receptor and TIP39David Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002..It therefore appears that TIP39 is the endogenous ligand of the vertebrate PTH2R...
- Proliferation Control of Neuroendo/Renal OrganogenesisXue Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..Functional importance of Six-family genes in tumorigenesis is further suggested by the observations that Six1 is selectively up regulated at the late stage of G1 cell cycle and promotes G2/S cell cycle transition...
- The Role of the Eyal Gene in Metanephric InductionRichard Maas; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will use other mouse kidney mutants lacking Six1, Wtl, c-ret, Gdnf, ld (Fmnl) and Pax2 to assay dependencies of gene expression in metanephric mesenchyme and ..
- PTH Receptors in Vascular Smooth Muscle CellsAlessandro Bisello; Fiscal Year: 2009..PTH, PTH-related protein (PTHrP), and TIP39 affect vascular tone...
- Genetic Etiologies of Primary Open Angle GlaucomaJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific genetic defects will be correlated with clinical phenotype by investigating familial aggregation of clinical parameters and looking for evidence of gene/gene interactions and how these interactions may influence phenotype. ..
- Hsal 2, A Novel Homeobox Gene in HematopoiesisLi Chai; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, a further objective of this proposal is to serve as a vehicle for the development of the candidate into an independent and productive investigator in the area of hematopoiesis and leukemogenesis. ..
- LINKAGE STUDY OF JUVENILE GLAUCOMAJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Screen candidate genes located in the RIEG2 region on chromosome 13q14. 4) Correlate mutations in genes known to cause glaucoma with clinical phenotypes. ..
- Replacing an Animal Resource Facility Cage Washer.Kristen Drescher; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nuclear Signaling by TRADDAndrew Thorburn; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) Determine the role of nuclear TRADD in mediating TNF-dependent signals. These studies should provide a detailed investigation of a novel apoptosis pathway that may have a role in various human diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Studies of Pseudoexfoliation GlaucomaJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- FAMILIAL PRIMARY OPEN ANGLE GLAUCOMAJaney Wiggs; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initial genome screens to identify genes responsible for two POAG risk factors, ocular hypertension (OHT) and pseudoexfoliation (PEX), will be performed. ..
- Apoptosis Induction by Nuclear-localized TRADDAndrew Thorburn; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may lead to improved strategies for therapeutic manipulation of TNF signaling pathways in damaged brain tissues. ..
- Prostate Cell Apoptosis by Androgen Receptor CleavageAndrew Thorburn; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may open a new avenue of research into androgen regulation of prostate cell survival and lead to novel therapeutic strategies to treat advanced prostate cancer. ..