Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SHIP2
Description: inositol polyphosphate phosphatase like 1
Alias: OPSMD, SHIP2, phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase 2, 51C protein, INPPL-1, SH2 domain-containing inositol-5'-phosphatase 2, SHIP-2, protein 51C
Publications163 found, 100 shown here
- Lipid phosphatase SHIP2 downregulates insulin signalling in podocytesMervi E Hyvönen
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 328:70-9. 2010..a glomerular library, and found that CD2AP bound to SH2-domain-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2), a negative regulator of insulin signalling...
- Caveolin-1 is involved in reactive oxygen species-induced SHP-2 activation in astrocytesJi Hee Yun
Department of Physiology, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine Seoul 158 710, Korea
Exp Mol Med 43:660-8. 2011..Our results suggest that caveolin-1 is involved in astrocyte-specific intracellular responses linked to the SHP-2-mediated signaling cascade following ROS-induced oxidative stress...
- Cloning and characterization of a human cDNA (INPPL1) sharing homology with inositol polyphosphate phosphatasesJ A Hejna
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Genomics 29:285-7. 1995..Several polymorphisms have been mapped to the 3'-untranslated region, yet the putative coding region showed no polymorphisms in nine independent cDNA samples...
- Identification of a second SH2-domain-containing protein closely related to the phosphatidylinositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase SHIPX Pesesse
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHN, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 239:697-700. 1997..new SH2-domain-containing protein showing homology to the inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP and therefore referred to as SHIP2. SHIP2 differs at both N- and C-terminal ends with the sequence of INPPL-1...
- Growth factors and insulin stimulate tyrosine phosphorylation of the 51C/SHIP2 proteinT Habib
Department of Cell Biology, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Biol Chem 273:18605-9. 1998Antibodies raised against the 51C/SHIP2 inositol polyphosphate 5'-phosphatase were used to examine the effects of growth factors and insulin on the metabolism of this protein...
- The SH2 domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP2 displays phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate and inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate 5-phosphatase activityX Pesesse
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHN, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
FEBS Lett 437:301-3. 1998..SHIP1 is the 145-kDa SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase expressed in haematopoietic cells. SHIP2 is a related but distinct gene product...
- A novel SH2-containing phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase (SHIP2) is constitutively tyrosine phosphorylated and associated with src homologous and collagen gene (SHC) in chronic myelogenous leukemia progenitor cellsD Wisniewski
Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics Program and Molecular Biology Program, New York, NY, USA
Blood 93:2707-20. 1999..associated with src homologous and collagen gene (SHC) from p210(bcr/abl)-expressing hematopoietic cells as SHIP2, a recently reported, unique SH2-domain-containing protein closely related to phosphatidylinositol polyphosphate 5-..
- SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase SHIP2 associates with the p130(Cas) adapter protein and regulates cellular adhesion and spreadingN Prasad
Department of Cell Biology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:1416-28. 2001In a previous study, we found that the SHIP2 protein became tyrosine phosphorylated and associated with the Shc adapter protein in response to the treatment of cells with growth factors and insulin (T. Habib, J. A. Hejna, R. E...
- Overexpression of SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 results in negative regulation of insulin-induced metabolic actions in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via its 5'-phosphatase catalytic activityT Wada
First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 21:1633-46. 2001..We recently cloned rat SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) cDNA which possesses the 5'-phosphatase activity to hydrolyze PI(3,4,5)P3 to PI 3,4-bisphosphate [PI(3,4)P2] and ..
- The SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase, SHIP-2, binds filamin and regulates submembraneous actinJ M Dyson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, 3800 Australia
J Cell Biol 155:1065-79. 2001..Collectively these studies demonstrate that filamin-dependent SHIP-2 localization critically regulates phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase signaling to the actin cytoskeleton...
- SHIP2 overexpression strongly reduces the proliferation rate of K562 erythroleukemia cell lineSylvie Giuriato
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHN, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070, Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:106-10. 2002b>SHIP2 belongs to the inositol 5-phosphatase family and is characterized by a phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PI(3,4,5)P(3)) 5-phosphatase activity...
- Src family tyrosine kinases regulate adhesion-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of 5'-inositol phosphatase SHIP2 during cell attachment and spreading on collagen INagendra Prasad
Department of Cancer Molecular Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Cell Sci 115:3807-15. 2002..Recently we have reported a novel function for SHIP2 in cell adhesion and spreading...
- Polymorphisms in type II SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (INPPL1, SHIP2) are associated with physiological abnormalities of the metabolic syndromePamela J Kaisaki
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
Diabetes 53:1900-4. 2004Type II SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (INPPL1, or SHIP2) plays an important role in the control of insulin sensitivity...
- SH2-containing 5'-inositol phosphatase, SHIP2, regulates cytoskeleton organization and ligand-dependent down-regulation of the epidermal growth factor receptorNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Biol Chem 280:13129-36. 2005..b>SHIP2 dephosphorylates phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate generated by the activated phosphatidylinositol 3'-..
- The SH2-domian-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (SHIP)-2 binds to c-Met directly via tyrosine residue 1356 and involves hepatocyte growth factor (HGF)-induced lamellipodium formation, cell scattering and cell spreadingAlexandra Koch
Institut fur Biochemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, OE 4310, Carl Neuberg Str 1, Hannover D 30623, Germany
Oncogene 24:3436-47. 2005....
- Association of SH-2 containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 gene polymorphisms and hyperglycemiaSatoru Ishida
Institute for Clinical Research, National Kyushu Cancer Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Pancreas 33:63-7. 2006SH-2 containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a family of inositol 5'-phosphatases, which possess the 5'-phosphatase activity that hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol-3, 4, 5-trisphosphate to phosphatidylinositol-3, 4-bisphosphate and ..
- The PI3K effector Arap3 interacts with the PI(3,4,5)P3 phosphatase SHIP2 in a SAM domain-dependent mannerJudith H Raaijmakers
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Centre of Biomedical Genetics, UMC Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell Signal 19:1249-57. 2007..In a yeast two-hybrid screen for new interaction partners of Arap3, we identified the PI 5'-phosphatase SHIP2 as an interaction partner of Arap3...
- Significance of glucose intolerance and SHIP2 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma patients with HCV infectionShuji Sumie
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka 830 0011, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:545-52. 2007..inositol phosphatase (SHIP) 2 is a negative regulator of intracellular insulin signaling; however, changes in SHIP2 expression have not been investigated in HCC...
- Phosphoinositol phosphatase SHIP2 promotes cancer development and metastasis coupled with alterations in EGF receptor turnoverNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, Lynn Hall, 625 Harrison Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:25-34. 2008..A 5'-phosphoinositol phosphatase, SH2-containing 5'-inositol phosphatase (SHIP2), regulates insulin signaling and its genetic knockout prevents high-fat diet-induced obesity in mice...
- NMR studies of a heterotypic Sam-Sam domain association: the interaction between the lipid phosphatase Ship2 and the EphA2 receptorMarilisa Leone
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California, USA
Biochemistry 47:12721-8. 2008..It has been recently reported that the lipid phosphatase Ship2 regulates endocytosis of the EphA2 receptor, a process that has been investigated as a possible route to reduce ..
- High expression of obesity-linked phosphatase SHIP2 in invasive breast cancer correlates with reduced disease-free survivalNagendra K Prasad
Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Tumour Biol 29:330-41. 2008SH2-containing 5'-inositol phosphatase (SHIP2) is a known regulator of insulin function. Genetic knockout of SHIP2 in mice causes mild insulin hypersensitivity and prevents high-fat-diet-induced obesity...
- Phosphoinositides influence pathogen surfing: EPEC rights the SHIPKenneth G Campellone
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cell Host Microbe 7:1-2. 2010..A recent study now shows that two additional tyrosines within Tir recruit the inositol phosphatase SHIP2 to generate a PI(3,4)P2-enriched membrane platform that stabilizes pedestal assembly.
- Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli recruits the cellular inositol phosphatase SHIP2 to regulate actin-pedestal formationKatherine Smith
University of Cambridge, Department of Pathology, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB21QP, UK
Cell Host Microbe 7:13-24. 2010..We demonstrate that Y483 and Y511 within tandem ITIM-like sequences are essential for recruiting SHIP2, a host inositol phosphatase...
- Prognostic value of elevated SHIP2 expression in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomaXiaojuan Zhou
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Arch Med Res 42:589-95. 2011b>SHIP2, an important negative regulator of insulin signaling, has recently been found to be involved in cancer development and progression.
- Whole-genome analysis reveals that mutations in inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 cause opsismodysplasiaJennifer E Below
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 92:137-43. 2013..Evaluation of 12 families with opsismodysplasia revealed that INPPL1 mutations explain ~60% of cases overall, including both of the families in our cohort with more than one affected child and 50% of the simplex cases...
- Exome sequencing identifies INPPL1 mutations as a cause of opsismodysplasiaCeline Huber
Département de génétique, Unité INSERM U781, Université Paris Descartes Sorbonne Paris Cité, Fondation Imagine, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris 75015, France
Am J Hum Genet 92:144-9. 2013..Our finding of INPPL1 mutations in OPS, a severe spondylodysplastic dysplasia with major growth plate disorganization, supports a key and specific role of this enzyme in endochondral ossification...
- Elevated expression of SHIP2 correlates with poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancerMaoying Fu
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First People s Hospital of Kunshan Affiliated with Jiangsu University Suzhou 215000, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:2185-91. 2013SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a vital regulator of phosphoinositide pools in metabolic pathways and is considered to downregulate phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase signaling, which underlies the development of several ..
- High expression of inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 associates with unfavorable survival in hepatocellular carcinomaMaoying Fu
Department of Infectious Diseases, The First People s Hospital of Kunshan Affiliated with Jiangsu University Suzhou 215000, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:2515-22. 2013Inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 (INPPL1), also known as SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2), has been suggested to act downstream of the PI3K/AKT pathway and play an important function in tumor development and ..
- Regulation of EphA2 receptor endocytosis by SHIP2 lipid phosphatase via phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase-dependent Rac1 activationGuanglei Zhuang
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 282:2683-94. 2007..Here we show that SHIP2 (Src homology 2 domain-containing phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase 2) is recruited to activated EphA2 via a ..
- SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 predominantly regulates Akt2, and not Akt1, phosphorylation at the plasma membrane in response to insulin in 3T3-L1 adipocytesToshiyasu Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:14835-43. 2004SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a physiologically important negative regulator of insulin signaling by hydrolyzing the phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase product PI 3,4,5-trisphosphate in the target tissues of insulin...
- Gene expression in canine atopic dermatitis and correlation with clinical severity scoresShona H Wood
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Dermatol Sci 55:27-33. 2009..Canine atopic dermatitis (cAD) is a common condition in dogs that may be a naturally occurring model for human atopic dermatitis (hAD). Despite this, comparative research is limited, particularly into the genetic background of cAD...
- Reversal of denervation-induced insulin resistance by SHIP2 protein synthesis blockadeDaniela F Bertelli
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Campinas 6040 Campinas SP, Brazil
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E679-87. 2003..the expression and activity of the 5-inositol, lipid phosphatase SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase (SHIP2), and the serine phosphorylation of p85/PI 3-kinase...
- PTEN, but not SHIP2, suppresses insulin signaling through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytesXiaoqing Tang
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 280:22523-9. 2005..in mice suggested that two phosphoinositide phosphatases, SH2 domain-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and phosphatase and tensin homolog deleted on chromosome 10 (PTEN) negatively regulate this insulin signaling ..
- Molecular cloning of rat SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and its role in the regulation of insulin signalingH Ishihara
First Department of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, 930 0194, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 260:265-72. 1999..We have now cloned the rat SHIP isozyme (SHIP2) cDNA from skeletal muscle, which is one of the most important target tissue of insulin action...
- Normalization of prandial blood glucose and improvement of glucose tolerance by liver-specific inhibition of SH2 domain containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) in diabetic KKAy mice: SHIP2 inhibition causes insulin-mimetic effects on glycogen metabolismRolf Grempler
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH and Co KG, Biberach, Germany
Diabetes 56:2235-41. 2007..Recent data have established the lipid phosphatase SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) as a critical negative regulator of insulin signal transduction...
- The inositol phosphatase SHIP2 negatively regulates insulin/IGF-I actions implicated in neuroprotection and memory function in mouse brainYoshiyuki Soeda
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 24:1965-77. 2010..In the present study, we found that SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2), a negative regulator of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate-mediated signals, is widely expressed in adult ..
- SH2-containing inositol 5-phosphatases 1 and 2 in blood platelets: their interactions and roles in the control of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate levelsSylvie Giuriato
INSERM U563, Department of Oncogenesis and Signaling in Hematopoietic Cells, IFR30, Hopital Purpan, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Biochem J 376:199-207. 2003Src homology domain 2-containing inositol 5-phosphatases 1 and 2 (SHIP1 and SHIP2) are capable of dephosphorylating the second messenger PtdIns(3,4,5) P3 (phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate) and interacting with several signalling ..
- Relationship between spleen tyrosine kinase and phosphatidylinositol 5' phosphatase expression and secretion from human basophils in the general populationDonald W Macglashan
Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:626-33. 2007..Previous studies have suggested that expression levels of spleen tyrosine kinase (syk) or phosphatidylinositol 5' phosphatase (SHIP) may explain certain extreme human basophil phenotypes...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate modulation in SHIP2-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblastsDaniel Blero
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
FEBS J 272:2512-22. 2005b>SHIP2, the ubiquitous SH2 domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase, includes a series of protein interacting domains and has the ability to dephosphorylate phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate [PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)]in vitro...
- Lipid phosphatases as a possible therapeutic target in cases of type 2 diabetes and obesityToshiyasu Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Pharmacol Ther 112:799-809. 2006..Lipid phosphatases, src homology 2 domain containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and skeletal muscle and kidney-enriched inositol phosphatase (SKIP) hydrolyze PI(3,4,5)P(3) to PI(3,4)P(2) and ..
- The association between the SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-Phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and the adaptor protein APS has an impact on biochemical properties of both partnersSheela Onnockx
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research IRIBHM, Brussels, Belgium
J Cell Physiol 214:260-72. 2008b>SHIP2 (SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2) is a phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)) 5-phosphatase containing various motifs susceptible to mediate protein-protein interaction...
- The docking properties of SHIP2 influence both JIP1 tyrosine phosphorylation and JNK activityJingwei Xie
Institute of Interdisciplinary Research IRIBHM, School of Medicine, Free University of Brussels, Campus Erasme, Building C, Route de Lennik 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Cell Signal 20:1432-41. 2008b>SHIP2 (SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2) is an ubiquitously expressed phosphatidylinositol (3,4,5)-trisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)) 5-phosphatase which contains various motifs susceptible to mediate protein-protein ..
- SHIP2 phosphoinositol phosphatase positively regulates EGFR-Akt pathway, CXCR4 expression, and cell migration in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cellsNagendra K Prasad
Department of Basic Medical Sciences and Purdue Cancer Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Int J Oncol 34:97-105. 2009The phosphoinositol phosphatase SHIP2 is an important regulator of energy metabolism...
- The lipid phosphatase SHIP2 controls insulin sensitivityS Clement
IRIBHN, IBMM, Rue des Professeurs Jeener et Brachet 12, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
Nature 409:92-7. 2001..Type-II SH2-domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase, or 'SHIP2', is a member of the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase family...
- Metabolic switching of PI3K-dependent lipid signalsC P Downes
Division of Molecular Physiology, James Black Centre, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 35:188-92. 2007..by a distinct family of enzymes exemplified by SHIP1 [SH2 (Src homology 2)-containing inositol phosphatase 1] and SHIP2. Mouse knockout studies, however, suggest that PTEN and SHIP2 have profoundly different biological functions...
- Impact of transgenic overexpression of SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 on glucose metabolism and insulin signaling in miceSyota Kagawa
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Endocrinology 149:642-50. 2008SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a 5'-lipid phosphatase hydrolyzing the phosphatidylinositol (PI) 3-kinase product PI(3,4,5)P(3) to PI(3,4)P(2) in the regulation of insulin signaling, and is shown to be increased in ..
- Inhibitors of the lipid phosphatase SHIP2 discovered by high-throughput affinity selection-mass spectrometry screening of combinatorial librariesD Allen Annis
Aileron Therapeutics, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 12:760-71. 2009This manuscript describes the discovery and characterization of inhibitors of the lipid phosphatase SHIP2, an important target for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes, using the Automated Ligand Identification System...
- LL5beta directs the translocation of filamin A and SHIP2 to sites of phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-triphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P3) accumulation, and PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 localization is mutually modified by co-recruited SHIP2Tetsuji Takabayashi
Division of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Department of Morphological and Physiological Sciences, University of Fukui, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:16155-65. 2010..accumulates, with the Filamin A-binding Src homology 2 domain-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2)...
- Glucose metabolism activation by SHIP2 inhibitors via up-regulation of GLUT1 gene in L6 myotubesAkira Suwa
Drug Discovery Research, Astellas Pharma Inc, 21 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 642:177-82. 2010Lipid phosphatase SH2 domain-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) plays an important role in the regulation of insulin signaling. In this report, we identified AS1938909, a novel small-molecule SHIP2 inhibitor...
- The inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP2 regulates endocytic clathrin-coated pit dynamicsFubito Nakatsu
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Cell Biol 190:307-15. 2010..In this study, we show that the inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP2, a negative regulator of PI(3,4,5)P(3)-dependent signaling, also negatively regulates PI(4,5)P(2) levels and is ..
- Brief calorie restriction increases Akt2 phosphorylation in insulin-stimulated rat skeletal muscleCarrie E McCurdy
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, 2000 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E693-700. 2003..We also assessed changes in the abundance of SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase (SHIP2), a negative regulator of insulin signaling...
- Serum withdrawal-induced accumulation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase lipids in differentiating 3T3-L6 myoblasts: distinct roles for Ship2 and PTENAdel Mandl
Boston Biomedical Research Institute, 64 Grove Street, Watertown, MA 02472, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:8098-112. 2007..Knockdown of the lipid phosphatase Ship2, on the other hand, dramatically increased the steady-state levels of PI-3,4,5-P3 but did not affect Akt ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of SHIP promotes its proteasomal degradationJens Ruschmann
The Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exp Hematol 38:392-402, 402.e1. 2010..We sought to determine the mechanism(s) involved in its downregulation by BCR-ABL and by interleukin (IL)-4...
- Novel phosphotyrosine targets of FGFR2IIIb signalingYongde Luo
IBT Proteomics and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3303, USA
Cell Signal 21:1370-8. 2009..activities of FGFR1 that included multi-substrate organizers FRS2alpha and IRS4, ERK2 and phosphatases SHP2 and SHIP2. It uniquely phosphorylated CDK2 and phosphatase PTPN18 on sites involved in the attenuation of cell proliferation,..
- Endogenous SHIP2 does not localize in lipid rafts in 3T3-L1 adipocytesChristine Jacobs
Faculte de Medecine, Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Moleculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, BatC 4 126, Route de Lennik 808, B 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
FEBS Lett 565:70-4. 2004SH2 domain containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase (SHIP2) dephosphorylates phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3)) into phosphatidylinositol 3,4-bisphosphate (PtdIns(3,4)P(2))...
- LPS-induced upregulation of SHIP is essential for endotoxin toleranceLaura M Sly
The Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer Agency, 601 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 1L3, Canada
Immunity 21:227-39. 2004..Moreover, an initial LPS treatment of wild-type BMmphis or BMMCs increases the level of SHIP, but not SHIP2 or PTEN, and this increase is critical for the hyporesponsiveness to subsequent LPS stimulation...
- Mechanisms regulating phosphoinositide 3-kinase signalling in insulin-sensitive tissuesP R Shepherd
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, Gower St, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Acta Physiol Scand 183:3-12. 2005..These include inhibitory phosphorylation events, lipid phosphatases such as PTEN and SHIP2 and inhibitor proteins of the suppressors of cytokine signalling (SOCS) family...
- PPAR-gamma inhibits ANG II-induced cell growth via SHIP2 and 4E-BP1Karim Benkirane
Clinical Institute of Health Research Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H390-7. 2006..initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 (4E-BP1), as well as Src homology (SH) 2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2)...
- Motif decomposition of the phosphotyrosine proteome reveals a new N-terminal binding motif for SHIP2Martin Lee Miller
Center for Biological Sequence Analysis, Technical University of Denmark, Kemitorvet, Building 208, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:181-92. 2008..was identified and validated as a binding motif for the SH2 domain-containing inositol phosphatase SHIP2. Our decomposition of the in vivo Tyr(P) proteome furthermore suggests that two-thirds of the Tyr(P) sites mediate ..
- Catalytically inactive SHIP2 inhibits proliferation by attenuating PDGF signaling in 3T3-L1 preadipocytesYulia Artemenko
Chronic Disease Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute and Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Cell Physiol 218:228-36. 2009..SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) dephosphorylates PI(3,4,5)P3, and also binds to Shc...
- The role of the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatases in cellular function and human diseaseLisa M Ooms
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Biochem J 419:29-49. 2009..b>SHIP2 polymorphisms are associated with a predisposition to insulin resistance...
- Multiple defects in negative regulation of the PKB/Akt pathway sensitise human cancer cells to the antiproliferative effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugsEva Lincová
Department of Cytokinetics, Institute of Biophysics, AS CR, Brno, Czech Republic
Biochem Pharmacol 78:561-72. 2009..cancer cell line LNCaP, lacking both critical enzymes in the negative control of PKB/Akt activation, PTEN and SHIP2, was the most sensitive to these effects, as assessed by analysing the cell cycle profile and expression of cell ..
- PTEN and SHIP2 regulates PI3K/Akt pathway through focal adhesion kinaseAmit Gupta
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research NIPER, Sec 67, S A S Nagar, Punjab 160 062, India
Mol Cell Endocrinol 309:55-62. 2009..Here we report that PTEN and SHIP2, the phosphatases widely implicated as negative regulators of insulin signaling, to be responsible for ..
- Protein phosphatase 2A PR130/B''alpha1 subunit binds to the SH2 domain-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2 and prevents epidermal growth factor (EGF)-induced EGF receptor degradation sustaining EGF-mediated signalingKaren Zwaenepoel
Protein Phosphorylation and Proteomics Laboratory, Dept of Molecular Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
FASEB J 24:538-47. 2010..characterized a complex between the Src homology 2 (SH2) domain-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) and a PP2A holoenzyme comprising PR130/B''alpha1 as a regulatory subunit (PP2A(T130)) in several mammalian cell ..
- Smad5 regulates Akt2 expression and insulin-induced glucose uptake in L6 myotubesFernando F Anhê
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Mol Cell Endocrinol 319:30-8. 2010..serine phosphorylation and insulin-induced glucose uptake, and increased the expression of the lipid phosphatase Ship2. Additionally, binding of Smad5 to Akt2 gene is decreased in dexamethasone-treated rats and increased in L6 ..
- SHIP2 and its involvement in various diseasesAkira Suwa
Astellas Pharma, Inc, Pharmacology Research Labs, Drug Discovery Research, 21, Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan
Expert Opin Ther Targets 14:727-37. 2010Inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase (SHIP2) is an important negative regulator of intracellular phosphatidylinositol phosphate, a key second messenger of various intracellular signaling pathways...
- Mutation altering the miR-184 seed region causes familial keratoconus with cataractAnne E Hughes
Centre for Public Health, The Queen s University of Belfast, Royal Victoria Hospital, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BN, Northern Ireland, UK
Am J Hum Genet 89:628-33. 2011..Awareness of the important function of miRNAs could aid identification of susceptibility genes and new therapeutic targets for treatment of both rare and common diseases...
- NMR structure of a heterodimeric SAM:SAM complex: characterization and manipulation of EphA2 binding reveal new cellular functions of SHIP2Hyeong J Lee
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, MetroHealth, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
Structure 20:41-55. 2012..Here we solved the structure of the EphA2-SHIP2 SAM:SAM heterodimeric complex by use of NMR restraints from chemical shift perturbations, NOE and RDC experiments...
- SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 selectively impairs hypothalamic insulin signalling and regulation of food intake in miceY Ichihara
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 25:372-82. 2013SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a lipid phosphatase that negatively regulates the metabolic signalling of insulin in peripheral tissues; however, the expression of SHIP2 in the hypothalamus and its functional roles ..
- Exome sequencing identifies a novel INPPL1 mutation in opsismodysplasiaAritoshi Iida
Laboratory for Bone and Joint Diseases, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 58:391-4. 2013..E654del) within the central catalytic 5-phosphate domain. Our results further support that INPPL1 is the disease gene for opsismodysplasia and that opsismodysplasia has genetic heterogeneity. ..
- Variants of insulin-signaling inhibitor genes in type 2 diabetes and related metabolic abnormalitiesCarlo De Lorenzo
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Int J Genomics 2013:376454. 2013....
- Phosphorylated SHIP2 on Y1135 localizes at focal adhesions and at the mitotic spindle in cancer cell linesLaurence Deneubourg
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Campus Erasme, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Cell Signal 26:1193-203. 2014The SH2 containing inositol 5-phosphatase SHIP2 is a member of the mammalian phosphoinositide polyphosphate 5-phosphatase family...
- Suppression of SHIP2 contributes to tumorigenesis and proliferation of gastric cancer cells via activation of AktYan Ye
Department of Immunology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, 230032, Anhui, China
J Gastroenterol 51:230-40. 2016The Src homology 2-containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is implicated in diabetes, arthrosclerosis, and cancer. However, the role of SHIP2 in human gastric cancer remains unclear.
- Expression, Purification, Crystallisation and X-ray Crystallographic Analysis of a Truncated Form of Human Src Homology 2 Containing Inositol 5-Phosphatase 2Johanne Le Coq
Cell Signalling and Adhesion Group, Structural Biology and Biocomputing Programme, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Calle Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029, Madrid, Spain
Protein J 35:225-30. 2016The Src homology 2 containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) catalyses the dephosphorylation of the phospholipid phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-triphosphate (PI(3,4,5)P3) to form PI(3,4)P2...
- Decreased Sp1 Expression Mediates Downregulation of SHIP2 in Gastric Cancer CellsYan Ye
Department of Immunology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China
Int J Mol Sci 18:. 2017Past studies have shown that the Src homology 2-containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is commonly downregulated in gastric cancer, which contributes to elevated activation of PI3K/Akt signaling, proliferation and tumorigenesis of ..
- The termination of PI3K signalling by SHIP1 and SHIP2 inositol 5-phosphatasesKatrien Backers
Interdisciplinary Research Institute IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, Bldg C, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Adv Enzyme Regul 43:15-28. 2003
- Dual role of SRC homology domain 2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 in the regulation of platelet-derived growth factor and insulin-like growth factor I signaling in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsToshiyasu Sasaoka
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Endocrinology 144:4204-14. 2003Src homology domain 2 (SH2)-containing inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) possesses 5-phosphatase activity and an SH2 domain...
- Genetic alterations and aberrant expression of genes related to the phosphatidyl-inositol-3'-kinase/protein kinase B (Akt) signal transduction pathway in glioblastomasChristiane B Knobbe
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Brain Pathol 13:507-18. 2003..Taken together, our data indicate that different genes related to the Pi3k/Akt signalling pathway may be aberrant in glioblastomas...
- SHIP2: an emerging target for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitusJames W Baumgartener
8491 N E Paulanna Lane, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, USA
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 3:291-8. 2003..Mice lacking one of these enzymes, Src-Homology Inositol Phosphatase-2 (SHIP2), demonstrate increased insulin sensitivity, suggesting that pharmacological inhibition of SHIP2 could alleviate ..
- Mechanism of SHIP-mediated inhibition of insulin- and platelet-derived growth factor-stimulated mitogen-activated protein kinase activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytesPrem M Sharma
Department of Medicine 0673, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0673, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:421-30. 2005The Src homology 2-containing 5' inositolphosphatases (SHIP and SHIP2) dephosphorylate 3'-phosphorylated PtdIns on the 5' position, decreasing intracellular levels of PtdIns 3,4,5-P3...
- Deletion of the PDGFR-beta gene affects key fibroblast functions important for wound healingZhiyang Gao
Department of Pathology, Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:9375-89. 2005..Overexpression of the phospholipid phosphatases, SHIP2 and/or PTEN, inhibited PDGF-BB-induced phosphorylation of Akt and ERK1/2 in PDGFR-betaDelta/Delta fibroblasts but ..
- Absence of the lipid phosphatase SHIP2 confers resistance to dietary obesityMark W Sleeman
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc 777 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, New York 10591 6707, USA
Nat Med 11:199-205. 2005Genetic ablation of Inppl1, which encodes SHIP2 (SH2-domain containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2), was previously reported to induce severe insulin sensitivity, leading to early postnatal death...
- Genetic association analysis of inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 (INPPL1, SHIP2) variants with essential hypertensionAna Carolina Braga Marçano
J Med Genet 44:603-5. 2007Inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 (INPPL1, SHIP2) is a negative regulator of insulin signalling and has previously been found to be associated with hypertension, obesity and type 2 diabetes in a cohort of families with diabetes ..
- Cultured peripheral blood mast cells from chronic idiopathic urticaria patients spontaneously degranulate upon IgE sensitization: Relationship to expression of Syk and SHIP-2Sarbjit S Saini
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore MD 21224, USA
Clin Immunol 132:342-8. 2009..04). In summary, our results suggest a possible predilection for urticarial MC to spontaneously degranulate upon IgE sensitization contributing to the increased pruritus associated with CIU...
- Regulation of IGF-1/PI3K/Akt signalling by the phosphoinositide phosphatase pharbinFeng Wang
Department of Molecular Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Tokyo, Japan
J Biochem 150:83-93. 2011..Pharbin can hydrolyse PI(4,5)P(2) and PI(3,4,5)P(3) and has the same substrate specificity as SHIP2 and SKIP, which negatively regulate PI3K signalling...
- SH3YL1 regulates dorsal ruffle formation by a novel phosphoinositide-binding domainJunya Hasegawa
Division of Membrane Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Hyogo 650 0017, Japan
J Cell Biol 193:901-16. 2011..Interestingly, SHIP2 (the PI(3,4,5)P(3) 5-phosphatase, src-homology 2-containing inositol-5-phosphatase 2) was identified as a binding ..
- Molecular characterization, expression pattern, and association analysis with carcass traits of the porcine SHIP2 geneQi Xiong
Hubei Key Laboratory of Animal Embryo Engineering and Molecular Breeding, Institute of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary, Hubei Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Wuhan, China
Mol Cell Biochem 360:225-33. 2012Src homology 2-containing inositol 5-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) has been identified as 5'-inositol phosphatase that hydrolyzes PI(3,4,5)P(3) to PI(3,4)P(2), which negatively regulates insulin-induced Akt signaling in skeletal muscle...
- Therapeutic potential of SH2 domain-containing inositol-5'-phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) and SHIP2 inhibition in cancerGwenny M Fuhler
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, United States of America
Mol Med 18:65-75. 2012..It has long been thought that the lipid phosphatases SH2 domain-containing inositol-5'-phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) and SHIP2 act as tumor suppressors by counteracting with the survival signal induced by this pathway through hydrolysis or ..
- Can Alzheimer disease be a form of type 3 diabetes?Giulia Accardi
Department of Biopathology and Medical and Forensic Biotechnologies, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Rejuvenation Res 15:217-21. 2012..between metabolic syndrome and specific single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the gene INPPL1, encoding for SHIP2, a SH2 domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase involved in insulin signaling, has been described...
- Developmental defects and rescue from glucose intolerance of a catalytically-inactive novel Ship2 mutant mouseEléonore Dubois
Institut de Recherche Interdisciplinaire en Biologie Humaine et Moléculaire IRIBHM, Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires IBMM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Gosselies, Belgium
Cell Signal 24:1971-80. 2012The function of the phosphoinositide 5-phosphatase Ship2 was investigated in a new mouse model expressing a germline catalytically-inactive Ship2(∆/∆) mutant protein...
- Global phosphotyrosine proteomics identifies PKCδ as a marker of responsiveness to Src inhibition in colorectal cancerEliot T McKinley
Vanderbilt University Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e80207. 2013..kinase C (PKCδ), CUB-domain-containing protein 1 (CDCP1), Type-II SH2-domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (SHIP2), and receptor protein-tyrosine phosphatase alpha (RPTPα)...
- High SHIP2 expression indicates poor survival in colorectal cancerJu Yang
Department of Gastroenterology, Kunshan Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, The Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Suzhou 215000, China
Dis Markers 2014:218968. 2014SH2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 (SHIP2), which generally regulates insulin signaling, cytoskeleton remodeling, and receptor endocytosis, has been suggested to play a significant role in tumor development and progression...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms on SHIP2 is associated with Type 2 diabetes mellitus in Chinese Han populationY M Hao
Department of Endocrinology, The Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, People s Republic of China
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 19:129-37. 2015..Src homology 2-containing 5'-inositol phosphatase 2 (SHIP2) is a lipid phosphatase that hydrolyzes PI3-kinase product PI(3,4,5)P3 to PI(3,4)P2, which contributes to the ..
- PTP1B-dependent regulation of receptor tyrosine kinase signaling by the actin-binding protein MenaShannon K Hughes
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139 Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139
Mol Biol Cell 26:3867-78. 2015..Mena also interacts with the 5' inositol phosphatase SHIP2, which is important for the recruitment of the Mena-PTP1B complex to the EGFR...
- Novel compound heterozygous mutations in inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 in a family with severe opsismodysplasiaCori Feist
Departments of aPerinatology bOrthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon cDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Bone and Joint Center, Henry Ford Hospital System, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Clin Dysmorphol 25:152-5. 2016..Unique compound heterozygous variants in the inositol polyphosphate phosphatase-like 1 (INPPL1) gene encoding the SHIP2 protein were identified in both affected individuals. One variant was inherited from each unaffected parent...
- The SHIP2 interactor Myo1c is required for cell migration in 1321 N1 glioblastoma cellsWilliam s Elong Edimo
IRIBHM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, Batiment C, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070, Bruxelles, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 476:508-14. 2016..b>SHIP2, one family member, is known to interact with growth factor receptors and cytoskeletal proteins...
- PI3K/SHIP2/PTEN pathway in cell polarity and hepatitis C virus pathogenesisAline Awad
Aline Awad, Ama Gassama Diagne, Inserm Unité 1193, Hopital Paul Brousse, 94800 Villejuif, France
World J Hepatol 9:18-29. 2017..SH2-containing inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatase (SHIP2), phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) and their lipid products PtdIns(3,4)P2 and PtdIns(3,4,5)P3, respectively, play ..
- Membrane localization of Src homology 2-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2 via Shc association is required for the negative regulation of insulin signaling in Rat1 fibroblasts overexpressing insulin receptorsHajime Ishihara
First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 16:2371-81. 2002Lipid phosphatase SHIP2 [Src homology 2 (SH2)-containing inositol 5'-phosphatase 2] has been shown to be a physiologically critical negative regulator of insulin signaling...
- Regulation of phosphoinositide signaling by the inositol polyphosphate 5-phosphatasesMegan V Astle
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
IUBMB Life 58:451-6. 2006..we highlight recently established insights into the functions of two well characterized 5-phosphatases OCRL and SHIP2, which have been the subject of extensive functional studies, and the characterization of recently identified ..
- Phosphotyrosine mediated protein interactions of the discoidin domain receptor 1Simone Lemeer
Chair of Proteomics and Bioanalytics, Technische Universitat Munchen, Emil Erlenmeyer Forum 5, 85354 Freising, Germany
J Proteomics 75:3465-77. 2012..numerous signaling proteins as new putative phosphotyrosine mediated interactors including RasGAP, SHIP1, SHIP2, STATs, PI3K and the SRC family kinases...
- Role of inhibitory BCR co-receptors in immunityTakeshi Tsubata
Laboratory of Immunology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, 113 8510 Tokyo, Japan
Infect Disord Drug Targets 12:181-90. 2012..protein tyrosine phosphatase 1 (SHP-1), SHP-2, SH2 domain- containing inositol 5-phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) and SHIP2 depending on receptors. These phosphatases then negatively regulate B cell antigen receptor (BCR) signaling...
- Spiro Getsios; Fiscal Year: 2016..The importance of the EphA2 cytoplasmic domain in inhibiting keratinocyte differentiation [by interacting with SHIP2, a modulator of the EGFR signaling pathway,] will be determined using genetic approaches that remove key signaling ..
- Mechanisms of Chemo/Radioresistance in Human GliomasEliot M Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2012..We found that two SH2-containing inositol-5-phosphatases (SHIP1 and SHIP2) regulate glioma cell sensitivity to chemotherapeutics...
- Robert M Lavker; Fiscal Year: 2016..We successfully identified the lipid phosphatase SHIP2 as one of the targets of miR-205 and observed that miR-205 functions to enhance cell survival and alter ..
- Identification of Signaling Targets of EphA2Sonja Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..proteins, including guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vav3, adaptor protein Nck2 and lipid phosphatase SHIP2. In this application, I propose to finish the screens and investigate the role of EphA2-interacting proteins, Vav3 ..
- SEARCH FOR SELECTIVE THERAPY OF CMLBayard Clarkson; Fiscal Year: 2007..All of these proteins have now been identified, including 3 novel proteins p62dok-1, p56dok-2, and SHIP2. The protein-protein and protein-phospholipid interactions involved in recognizing and initiating specific signals ..
- LIPID PHOSPHATASE ASSAYS IN DISEASE AND DRUG DISCOVERYBETH DREES; Fiscal Year: 2002..These assays will be aimed at measuring the activity of the lipid phosphatases PTEN, SHIP1, and SHIP2, which modulate phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling by conversion of Pl (3,4,5) P3 to Pl (4,5) P2 and Pl(3,4)P2 ..
- Indentification of AKT2/aPKC Substrates in AdipocytesPrem Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that the findings from the proposed investigations will improve our general understanding of players of insulin resistance and offer potential insight into new therapeutic modalities. ..
- SHIP-2 influence on macrophage Fc receptor functionSusheela Tridandapani; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed work holds promise for a better understanding of the IC-mediated inflammatory diseases at the molecular level, and paves the way for novel therapeutic targets. ..
- REGULATION OF SECRETION FROM HUMAN BASOPHILSDonald MacGlashan; Fiscal Year: 2009..A population of subjects will be examined for this relationship. ..