Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SHC3
Description: SHC adaptor protein 3
Alias: N-Shc, NSHC, RAI, SHCC, SHC-transforming protein 3, SH2 domain protein C3, SHC (Src homology 2 domain containing) transforming protein 3, SHC-transforming protein C, Shc3 p51, neuronal Shc, protein Rai, src homology 2 domain-containing transforming protein C3
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- The neuron-specific Rai (ShcC) adaptor protein inhibits apoptosis by coupling Ret to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathwayGiuliana Pelicci
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, 20141 Milan, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 22:7351-63. 2002b>Rai is a recently identified member of the family of Shc-like proteins, which are cytoplasmic signal transducers characterized by the unique PTB-CH1-SH2 modular organization...
- Two adaptor proteins differentially modulate the phosphorylation and biophysics of Kv1.3 ion channel by SRC kinaseKaren K Cook
Department of Biological Science, Program in Neuroscience and Molecular Biophysics, Biomedical Research Facility, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
J Biol Chem 277:13268-80. 2002..3 tyrosine phosphorylation, the channel's biophysical properties, and the physical complexes associated with Kv1.3 in the presence of Src kinase...
- RAI(ShcC/N-Shc)-dependent recruitment of GAB 1 to RET oncoproteins potentiates PI 3-K signalling in thyroid tumorsValentina De Falco
Instituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR G Salvatore, c o Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Oncogene 24:6303-13. 2005RAI, also named ShcC/N-Shc, one of the members of the Shc proteins family, is a substrate of the RET receptor tyrosine kinase. Here, we show that RAI forms a protein complex with both RET/MEN 2 A and RET/PTC oncoproteins...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization detection of cytogenetic abnormalities in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphomaPatricia Aoun
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3135, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1595-603. 2004..Clinical staging of B-CLL patients showed that 70% of the patients were Rai stage 0, 1, or 2, and 30% stage 3 or 4...
- [Changes in adrenal cortex function and protective effect of dexamethasone in septic rats during early phases]Zhen jie Hu
Intensive Care Unit, Forth Hospital Affiliated to Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:40-3. 2009To affirm the presence of relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI) in the early phases of sepsis and its probable mechanisms, and to study the optimal time for glucocorticoid replacement therapy.
- Treatment with lithium prevents serum thyroid hormone increase after thionamide withdrawal and radioiodine therapy in patients with Graves' diseaseFausto Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4490-5. 2002Serum thyroid hormone concentrations increase after radioiodine (RAI) therapy for Graves' disease...
- Serum levels of IL-6 type cytokines and soluble IL-6 receptors in active B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and in cladribine induced remissionT Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, Copernicus Hospital, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 8:277-86. 1999..We have correlated the serum levels of these proteins with Rai's clinical stage of the disease, the response to 2-CdA treatment and some hematological parameters...
- Altered arterial homeostasis and cerebral aneurysms: a molecular epidemiology studyAmin B Kassam
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurgery 54:1450-60; discussion 1460-2. 2004..In this study, we undertook a preliminary assessment of differential expression of key molecules involved with each phase of homeostasis: arterial flow modulation, arterial tear and repair, and the ensuing extracellular matrix...
- Prognostic value of autoantibodies against erythrocytes and platelets in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)G De Rossi
Human Biopathology Dept, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Tumori 77:100-4. 1991Antiglobulin test (AT) and Dixon tests were performed in 100 patients with CLL. Thirty-five of them had Rai stages 0 or 1, 19 stage 2, 13 stage 3, and 33 stage 4...
- Septic shock and sepsis: a comparison of total and free plasma cortisol levelsJ T Ho
Hanson Institute, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:105-14. 2006..after tetracosactrin have been associated with increased mortality and hemodynamic responsiveness to exogenous hydrocortisone in septic shock (SS), a phenomenon termed by some investigators as relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI).
- Risk adjustment of quality indicators in French long term care facilities for elderly people. A preliminary studyC Moty
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Bordeaux, Unité INSERM 593 ex 330, Institut de Santé Publique, d Épidémiologie et de Développement, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:327-38. 2003..The objective of this preliminary study was to propose risk adjustments on the CHSRA indicators for future use in France...
- Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism: prognostic factors affecting outcomeCihangir Erem
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Endocrine 25:55-60. 2004To assess the effectiveness of radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment in patients with hyperthyroidism and to evaluate prognostic factors affecting outcome.
- Clinicoprognostic implications of increased serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and basic fibroblastic growth factor in early B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaS Molica
Department of Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro, Italy
Br J Cancer 86:31-5. 2002..Serum levels of vascular endothelial growth factor positively correlated with Rai sub-stages (P=0.03), peripheral blood lymphocytosis (P=0.03), bone marrow histology (P=0...
- Long-term outcome of twin atrioventricular node and supraventricular tachycardia in patients with right isomerism of the atrial appendageMei Hwan Wu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Heart Rhythm 5:224-9. 2008Twin AV nodes and resulting supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) have been described in right atrial isomerism (RAI).
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartic acid suppresses Akt activity through protein phosphatase in retinal ganglion cellsToru Nakazawa
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Seiryo, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Mol Vis 11:1173-82. 2005..To investigate the relationship between Akt activity and retinal ganglion cell (RGC) death induced by N-Methyl-D-Aspartic acid (NMDA) in the rat retina...
- Peripheral blood levels of thyroglobulin mRNA and serum thyroglobulin concentrations after radioiodine ablation of multinodular goiter with or without pre-treatment with recombinant human thyrotropinI G S Rubio
Thyroid Unit LIM 25, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Endocrinol Invest 30:535-40. 2007We investigated the effect of therapeutic doses of radioiodine (RAI) on peripheral serum messenger thyroglobulin RNA (Tg mRNA) and serum thyroglobulin (sTg) in patients with multinodular goiter (MNG) preceded or not by treatment with ..
- The Rheumatology Attitudes Index and its helplessness subscale are valid and reliable measures of learned helplessness in Asian patients with systemic lupus erythematosusJ Thumboo
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore, Singapore
J Rheumatol 26:1512-7. 1999To assess the internal consistency, reliability, and construct validity of the Rheumatology Attitudes Index (RAI) and its subscales in a cohort of Asian patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- Use of antipsychotics in older home care patients in FinlandHanna Mari Alanen
Medical School, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Drugs Aging 25:335-42. 2008..To investigate the use of antipsychotic medications, and factors associated with such use, in elderly patients in home care in Finland...
- A phase II study of DT fusion protein denileukin diftitox in patients with fludarabine-refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemiaArthur E Frankel
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3555-61. 2003..We tested the safety and efficacy in these patients of a diphtheria fusion protein DAB(389)IL2 (denileukin diftitox) directed against the interleukin 2 receptor that is expressed by CLL cells...
- Evaluation of the surgical completeness after total thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid carcinomaM Salvatori
Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:648-54. 2007....
- The comparative effects of gene modulators on thyroid-specific genes and radioiodine uptakeMurat Tuncel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:281-8. 2007..thyroglobulin (Tg), thyroid peroxidase (TPO), and thyroid stimulating hormone receptor (TSH-R), and radioiodine (RAI) uptake in cancer (B-CPAP) and normal (Nthy-ori 3-1) thyroid cell lines...
- Rosiglitazone effect on radioiodine uptake in thyroid carcinoma patients with high thyroglobulin but negative total body scan: a correlation with the expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaSupatporn Tepmongkol
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Thyroid 18:697-704. 2008..with high thyroglobulin (Tg) level but negative total body scan (TBS) are difficult to treat with radioiodine (RAI)...
- High prevalence of side effects after recombinant human thyrotropin-stimulated radioiodine treatment with 30 mCi in patients with multinodular goiter and subclinical/clinical hyperthyroidismRossana Romão
Thyroid Unit LIM 25, Division of Endocrinology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Hospital das Clinicas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 19:945-51. 2009Treatment of multinodular goiters (MNGs) is highly controversial. Radioiodine (RAI) therapy is a nonsurgical alternative for the elderly who decline surgery...
- The yeast RNA1 protein, necessary for RNA processing, is homologous to the human ribonuclease/angiogenin inhibitor (RAI)R Schneider
, , Austria
Mol Gen Genet 233:315-8. 1992..Within this superfamily RNA1 is most closely related to the ribonuclease/angiogenin inhibitor (RAI), which is a tightly binding inhibitor of ribonucleolytic activities in mammals...
- Review of nursing documentation in nursing home wards - changes after intervention for individualized careG Hansebo
Department of Clinical Neuroscience and Family Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Adv Nurs 29:1462-73. 1999..The Resident Assessment Instrument/Minimum Data Set (RAI/MDS) especially developed for the care of elderly people, was used as a basis for individualized and documented ..
- Circulating proangiogenic cytokines and angiogenesis inhibitor endostatin in untreated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaJoanna Gora-Tybor
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, ul Pabianicka 62 93 513 Lódz, Poland
Mediators Inflamm 12:167-71. 2003..5 pg/ml and 40.5 pg/ml respectively) (p<0.001). Patients in Rai stage III and IV also had significantly higher levels of bFGF than patients in Rai stage 0-II (median 100...
- Direct nasopharyngeal reflux of gastric acid is a contributing factor in refractory chronic rhinosinusitisJohn M DelGaudio
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Laryngoscope 115:946-57. 2005..It is hypothesized that refractory CRS patients have a greater incidence of laryngopharyngeal reflux and NPR events and that NPR is a significant etiologic factor for CRS in these patients...
- Molecular basis of aggressive disease in chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients with 11q deletion and trisomy 12 chromosomal abnormalitiesAmit K Mittal
Department of Genetics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6395, USA
Int J Mol Med 20:461-9. 2007In B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), Rai stage, immunoglobulin gene mutational status, chromosomal abnormalities, CD38 and ZAP-70 expression were used as prognostic markers...
- The ecological complexity of the Thai-Laos Mekong River: III. Health status of Mekong catfish and cyprinids, evidence of bioaccumulative effectsKantimanee Phanwichien
Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University, Chatujak, Bangkok, Thailand
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 45:1681-8. 2010..comprising of 52 cyprinids and 65 catfishes were randomly collected from the Mekong River from 5 stations: Chiang Rai, Loei, Nongkhai, Nakhon Phanom and Ubonratchathani...
- Potential for Anopheles campestris (Diptera: Culicidae) to transmit malaria parasites in Pa Rai subdistrict (Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaeo Province), ThailandChamnarn Apiwathnasor
Department of Medical Entomology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Entomol 39:583-6. 2002..Anopheles barbirostris and Anopheles campestris Reid are the suspected vectors of Plasmodium vivax in Pa Rai (Aranyaprathet, Sa Kaeo province). To determine if An. barbirostris, An...
- Evaluation of methods of resynchronization for insemination in cows of unknown pregnancy statusK N Galvao
Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center, University of California Davis, Tulare 93274, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:4240-52. 2007..treatment until diagnosed as pregnant, which resulted in a total of 1,148 AI (495 PAI and 653 resynchronized AI; RAI)...
- Relative adrenal insufficiency among trauma patients in a community hospitalBrian R Beeman
Department of Surgery, Synergy Medical Education Alliance, 1000 Houghton Avenue, Saginaw, MI 48603, USA
Curr Surg 62:633-7. 2005..Recent studies have proven that low doses of hydrocortisone and fludrocortisone can significantly reduce mortality in patients with relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI) without increasing adverse events.
- Cinedefecographic findings in patients with obstructed defecation sindrome. A study in 420 casesA Renzi
Colorectal Surgery Unit, S Stefano Hospital, and Division of General Surgery, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:493-9. 2006..Obstructed defecation syndrome (ODS) represents a very common clinical problem. The aim of this study was to analyze the cinedefecographic findings in a group of patients with ODS...
- The cin and rai quorum-sensing regulatory systems in Rhizobium leguminosarum are coordinated by ExpR and CinS, a small regulatory protein coexpressed with CinIAnne Edwards
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR47UH, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 191:3059-67. 2009..We conclude that CinS mediates quorum-sensing regulation because it is coregulated with an AHL synthase and demonstrate that its regulatory effects can occur in the absence of AHLs...
- Serum level of CD26 predicts time to first treatment in early B-chronic lymphocytic leukemiaStefano Molica
Medical Oncology Unit, Hematology Oncology Department, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Viale Pio X 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Eur J Haematol 83:208-14. 2009..07) and CD38 (P = 0.08), circulating levels of CD26 did not correlate with either Rai substages (P = 0.520) or other biomarker [beta2-microglobulin (P = 0.933), LDH (P = 0...
- A single unit lymphoma experience: outcome in a Cape Town academic centreLucille Wood
The Department of Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Incorporating The Searll Research Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Constantiaberg Medi Clinic, Plumstead, Cape Town, South Africa
Transfus Apher Sci 37:93-102. 2007..or high-grade histopathology, risk factors defined by the International Prognostic Index as well as late Rai stages...
- Staging and prognosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia: the Manitoba experienceB K MacDougall
Department of Internal Medicine, St. Boniface General Hospital, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Gen Intern Med 3:139-43. 1988..Survival curves were developed using the staging systems of Rai and Binet. A clear separation in survival was found utilizing the system of Binet...
- [Developing and testing quality indicators of home care in Switzerland]L Burla
Fachstelle Gesundheitswissenschaften, Departement Gesundheit, ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Winterthur, Schweiz
Gesundheitswesen 72:106-13. 2010..this study was to develop and examine quality indicators of home care in Switzerland using the Swiss version of the RAI-HC (Resident Assessment Instrument Home Care)...
- Impact of lithium on efficacy of radioactive iodine therapy for Graves' disease: a cohort study on cure rate, time to cure, and frequency of increased serum thyroxine after antithyroid drug withdrawalFausto Bogazzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit G R, Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:201-8. 2010Radioactive iodine (RAI) is a common therapy for hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease. A small but significant proportion of patients have recurrence of hyperthyroidism after RAI therapy...
- Normalization of serum thyrotrophin by means of radioiodine treatment in subclinical hyperthyroidism: effect on bone loss in postmenopausal womenJ Faber
Department of Endocrinology E, Frederiksberg Hospital, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 48:285-90. 1998....
- [Telomere length and telomerase expression activity in mononuclear cells of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia]Lan Ma
Department of Hematology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1409-12. 2009..There was statistical significant difference between Rai stages III-IV and stage 0, Rai stages III-IV and stages I-II, Binet stage C and stage A, Binet stage C and stage B; ..
- Radioiodine treatment of hyperthyroidism. Success rate and influence of thyrostatic medicationWisam K Ghadban
Department of Endocrinology Metabolism and Internal Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, PO Box 3050, Doha, Qatar
Saudi Med J 24:347-51. 2003The aim of this study is to evaluate the response rate of hyperthyroidism to radioactive iodine (RAI) treatment, optimum effective dose, effect of pretreatment with thyrostatic medications, etiology, ophthalmopathy, mortality and cancer ..
- Hippocampal synaptic modulation by the phosphotyrosine adapter protein ShcC/N-Shc via interaction with the NMDA receptorYoshiaki Miyamoto
Department of Molecular Genetics, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Oobu 474 8522, Japan
J Neurosci 25:1826-35. 2005N-Shc (neural Shc) (also ShcC), an adapter protein possessing two phosphotyrosine binding motifs [PTB (phosphotyrosine binding) and SH2 (Src homology 2) domains], is predominantly expressed in mature neurons of the CNS and transmits ..
- Long-term course and predictive factors of elevated serum thyroglobulin and negative diagnostic radioiodine whole body scan in differentiated thyroid cancerA S Alzahrani
Department of Medicine, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Endocrinol Invest 28:540-6. 2005..thyroid cancer (DTC) develop a state of high thyroglobulin (Tg) and negative diagnostic radioactive iodine (RAI) whole body scan (DxWBS). The predisposing factors and outcome of this condition are unclear...
- [Triple-phase helical CT in the differential diagnosis between small hepatocellular carcinoma and small hepatic cavernous hemangioma]Wei qiang Yan
Department of Radiology, Peking University Shenzhen Hospital, Shenzhen 518036, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 27:691-4. 2005..pattern at hepatic arterial phase (HAP), portal venous phase (PVP) and delayed phase (DP) by helical CT examination in order to differentiate small hepatocellular carcinoma (SHCC) from small hepatic cavernous hemangioma (SHCH).
- Radioactive iodine therapy for goitrous Hashimoto's thyroiditisJunichi Tajiri
Tajiri Thyroid Clinic, 2 6 20 Suizenji, Kumamoto 862 0950, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4497-500. 2006..Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease that can produce marked clinical symptoms when patients have large diffuse goiters...
- Induction of stimulating thyrotropin receptor antibodies after radioiodine therapy for toxic multinodular goitre and Graves' disease measured with a novel bioassayGuido C Hovens
Department of Endocrinology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
Nucl Med Commun 28:123-7. 2007Radioactive iodine therapy (RaI) in toxic multinodular goitre (TMNG) has been associated with the occurrence of Graves'-like hyperthyroidism. It has been postulated that pre-existing autoimmunity may contribute to this phenomenon.
- Radioiodine therapy (RAI) for Graves' disease (GD) and the effect on ophthalmopathy: a systematic reviewShamasunder H Acharya
Department of Endocrinology, Wards 27 28, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 69:943-50. 2008An association between radioiodine therapy (RAI) for Graves' disease (GD) and the development or worsening of Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) is widely quoted but there has been no systematic review of the evidence.
- Defining malnutrition risk for older home care clientsMary Ann Bocock
Department of Family Relations and Applied Human Nutrition, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Can J Diet Pract Res 69:171-6. 2008The Resident Assessment Instrument-Home Care (RAI-HC) is widely used to assess needs of home care clients and includes five items used to screen for malnutrition...
- Nursing working conditions in relation to restraint practices in long-term care unitsLaura Pekkarinen
National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health STAKES, Helsinki, Finland
Med Care 44:1114-20. 2006..This study examined the effects of nursing working conditions on the use of physical restraints and antipsychotics as restraints in long-term care units for elderly residents...
- [The effect of propylthiouracil on the efficacy of radioiodine (I-131) therapy in graves hyperthyroidism]Marcus V L de Souza
Servico de Endocrinologia, Departamento de Ciencias Médicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 50:1088-95. 2006Aiming at evaluating the effect of antithyroid drugs on the efficacy of radioiodine treatment (RAI) we retrospectively analyzed 226 patients with Graves disease hyperthyroidism submitted to RAI between 1990 and 2001: 58 patients without ..
- Clinical progression and outcome of patients with monoclonal B-cell lymphocytosisSarah S Fung
Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, BC, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1087-91. 2007..We performed a retrospective analysis of patients with MBL (n = 46), Rai stage 0 CLL (n = 112) and Rai stage > or =1 CLL (n = 54). Median follow-up and range was 30 (0...
- Use of antipsychotic medications in older home-care patients. Report from nine European countriesHanna Mari Alanen
University of Tampere, Medical School, FIN 33014 Tampere, Finland
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:260-5. 2008..Data on the use of antipsychotics among older people in need of regular home care services are rare. The aim of this study was to ascertain the differences in the use and type of antipsychotic medications between European home-care sites...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor modulation of Kv1.3 channel is disregulated by adaptor proteins Grb10 and nShcBeverly S Colley
Department of Biological Science, Programs in Neuroscience and Molecular Biophysics, The Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, USA
BMC Neurosci 10:8. 2009..It is not known how adaptor proteins, which lack catalytic activity, but interact with members of the neurotrophic signaling pathway, might scaffold with ion channels or modulate channel activity...
- Improved current era outcomes in patients with heterotaxy syndromesPetros V Anagnostopoulos
Pediatric Heart Center, The Phoenix Children s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 35:871-7; discussion 877-8. 2009..We sought to assess whether current era management strategies have improved outcomes in patients with visceral heterotaxy...
- Effects of mutations involving cysteine residues distal to the S281HCC motif at the C-terminus on the functional characteristics of a truncated ectodomain-only thyrotropin receptor anchored on glycosylphosphatidyl-inositolSu Chin Ho
SingHealth Research, Singapore Health Service, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Thyroid 18:1313-9. 2008..There are 11 Cys residues in the ectodomain (ECD). Cys 41 at the N-terminus and Cys 283 at the SHCC motif have been identified as important for ligand binding...
- Benchmarking implementation of a computerized system for long-term careDeborah J Ossip-Klein
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 704, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Med Qual 17:94-102. 2002..used by long-term care facilities in implementing new computerized resident assessment instrument/minimum data set (RAI/MDS) systems and to develop implementation protocols based on these "best practices...
- Identification of registered nursing care of residents in English nursing homes using the Minimum Data Set Resident Assessment Instrument (MDS/RAI) and Resource Utilisation Groups version III (RUG-III)Iain Carpenter
Centre for Health Service Studies, University of Kent, Canterbury, GKT School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Age Ageing 32:279-85. 2003to determine if a combination of Minimum Data Set/Resident Assessment Instrument (MDS/RAI) assessment variables and the Resource Utilisation Groups version III (RUG-III) case-mix system could be used as a method of identifying and ..
- Role of multiphase scans by multirow-detector helical CT in detecting small hepatocellular carcinomaHong Zhao
Department of Radiology, First Hospital, Shanxi Medical College, Taiyuan 030001, Shanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2198-201. 2003To evaluate the role of multiphasic scanning by multirow-detector helical CT (MDCT) in detecting small hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma (SHCC).
- E-selectin, L-selectin, ICAM-1 and IL-6 concentrations changes in the serum of patients with hyperthyroidism in the early period of radioiodine I-131 therapyDorota H Jurgilewicz
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University, Białystok, Poland
Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur 5:39-42. 2002..we tried to compare the behaviour of the initial inflammatory factors in the early period of I-131 therapy (RAI) of hyperthyroidism...
- Heart transplantation and chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a successful case at 2 years of follow-upNicolas Manito
Heart Transplant Unit, Bellvitge Hospital, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:777-9. 2004..cardiac transplant in a 52-year-old man who, together with a B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (Binet Stage A, Rai Stage 1), also had end-stage dilated idiopathic myocardiopathy...
- Spectrum of cardiovascular disease, accuracy of diagnosis, and outcome in fetal heterotaxy syndromeMio Taketazu
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Saitama Medical School, Moroyama, Japan
Am J Cardiol 97:720-4. 2006..fetuses were diagnosed with HS, including 48 with left atrial isomerism (LAI) and 23 with right atrial isomerism (RAI)...
- Commentary on Cox CL, Lensing S, Rai SN et al. Proxy assessment of quality of life in pediatric clinical trials: application of the Health Utilities Index 3. Qual Life Res 2005; 14: 1045-1056William Furlong
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis, Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, HSC 3V43C, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Qual Life Res 15:1291-3; discussion 1295-6. 2006..study results provide evidence that multi-attribute system assessments should be elicited from patients themselves or, failing that, from proxy assessors known to be well-informed about the patients' capacity on all relevant attributes...
- Adaptive servoventilation versus noninvasive positive pressure ventilation for central, mixed, and complex sleep apnea syndromesTimothy I Morgenthaler
Mayo Clinic Sleep Disorders Center, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Sleep 30:468-75. 2007....
- Trend of temephos resistance in Aedes (Stegomyia) mosquitoes in Thailand during 2003-2005Nuananong Jirakanjanakit
Center for Vaccine Development, Institute of Science and Technology for Research and Development, Mahidol University, Salaya, Puttamonthon, Nakhonpathom, Thailand
Environ Entomol 36:506-11. 2007..Additionally, mosquitoes from Songkhla (south), Chiang Rai (north), Kanchanaburi (west), and Chanthaburi (east) remained susceptible to temephos during the sample collecting ..
- [SMAF, RAI and ICF--nursing assessment tools for home based care]Elisabeth Rappold
Institut für Pflegewissenschaft Universität Wien Osterreichisches Rotes Kreuz
Pflege 20:205-10. 2007..instruments which can be used in homecare: the SMAF (le Système de Mesure de l'Autonomie Fonctionnelle), the RAI HC 2...
- Monitoring the performance of mycobacteriology laboratories: a proposal for standardized indicatorsK D McCarthy
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 12:1015-20. 2008Thailand Tuberculosis (TB) Active Surveillance Network: Bangkok, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Tak and Ubon-Ratchathani, Thailand.
- Difference in the relative distribution of CD4+ T-cell subsets in B-CLL with mutated and unmutated immunoglobulin (Ig) VH genes: implication for the course of diseaseInge Tinhofer
Laboratory for Translational Radiobiology and Radiooncology, 3rd Medical Department at the Salzburg University Hospital, Muellner Hauptstrasse 48, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Immunother 32:302-9. 2009..T cells was observed in the CD4 T-cell pool from UM-CLL as compared with M-CLL cases and was associated with high Rai stage, progressive disease and shorter treatment-free survival (TFS)...
- Intracellular copper/zinc superoxide dismutase from bay scallop Argopecten irradians: its gene structure, mRNA expression and recombinant proteinYongbo Bao
Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao 266071, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:210-20. 2009..anguillarum injection. A fusion protein containing Ai-icCuZnSOD was produced in vitro. The rAi-icCuZnSOD is a stable enzyme, retaining more than 80% of its activity between 10 and 60 degrees C and keeping above ..
- The prognosis of clinical monoclonal B cell lymphocytosis differs from prognosis of Rai 0 chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and is recapitulated by biological risk factorsDavide Rossi
Division of Haematology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and BRMA, Amedeo Avogadro University of Eastern Piedmont and Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Maggiore della Carità, Novara, Italy
Br J Haematol 146:64-75. 2009..0 x 10(9)/l circulating CLL-phenotype B-cells. The relationship between MBL and Rai 0 CLL, as well as the impact of biological risk factors on MBL prognosis, are unknown...
- Endothelial function is not changed during short-term withdrawal of thyroxine in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer and low cardiovascular riskHyuk Jae Chang
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 51:492-8. 2010..Some of them experience short-term hypothyroidism in preparation for radioiodine (RAI) therapy, which can have a deleterious effect on the cardiovascular system...
- Spatial and sex differences in AIDS mortality in Chiang Rai, ThailandAnnitra Jongsthapongpanth
Department of Geography, State University of New York at Buffalo, Wilkeson Quad, Buffalo, NY 14261, USA
Health Place 16:1084-93. 2010..A total of 2432 male and 1864 female deaths (2000-2004) from AIDS in Chiang Rai are used to detect mortality clusters...
- Time course of Graves' ophthalmopathy after total thyroidectomy alone or followed by radioiodine therapy: a 2-year longitudinal studyAnnamaria De Bellis
Department of Cardiothoracic and Respiratory Sciences, Second University of Naples, via Pansini N 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Endocrine 41:320-6. 2012..Studies on the effect of total thyroidectomy (TT) alone or followed by radioiodine ablation (RAI) of thyroid remnants showed often conflicting results...
- Is subtotal thyroidectomy a cost-effective treatment for Graves disease? A cost-effectiveness analysis of the medical and surgical treatment optionsKyle Zanocco
Section of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Surgery 152:164-72. 2012The 3 treatment options for Graves disease (GD) are antithyroid drugs (ATDs), radioactive iodine (RAI), and thyroid surgery. We hypothesized that thyroid surgery is cost-effective for Graves disease when compared to RAI or ATD.
- Traditional Indian fermented foods: a rich source of lactic acid bacteriaR Satish Kumar
Department of Biotechnology, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India
Int J Food Sci Nutr 64:415-28. 2013..Fermented foods such as dahi, gundruk, sinki, iniziangsang, iromba, fermented rai, kanjika and handua were reported to have significant medicinal properties...
- Cohort study on radioactive iodine-induced hypothyroidism: implications for Graves' ophthalmopathy and optimal timing for thyroid hormone assessmentMarius N Stan
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Thyroid 23:620-5. 2013Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) develops or worsens in up to one-third of patients treated with radioactive iodine (RAI) for Graves' hyperthyroidism...
- Comparison of Pap smear screening results between Akha hill tribe and urban women in Chiang Rai province, ThailandOnanong Kritpetcharat
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:5501-4. 2012..study was to compare the Pap smear screening results between Akha hill tribe and urban women who live in Chiang Rai province, Thailand...
- Morphometric and functional changes of salivary gland dysfunction after radioactive iodine ablation in a murine modelJeong Seok Choi
1 Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Inha University School of Medicine, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Thyroid 23:1445-51. 2013Ablation of the thyroid tissue using radioactive iodine (RAI) after the surgical removal of well-differentiated thyroid cancer can induce radiation-related salivary gland (SG) dysfunction...
- Engaging women volunteers of high socioeconomic status in supporting socioeconomically disadvantaged tuberculosis patients in Chiang Rai, ThailandJintana Ngamvithayapong-Yanai
The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo, Japan TB HIV Research Foundation, Muang District, Chiang Rai, Thailand
Western Pac Surveill Response J 4:34-8. 2013The 2008 tuberculosis (TB) surveillance of Chiang Rai Hospital, Chiang Rai, Thailand reported that 8.4% of Thai, 22.7% of hill tribe minority and 25% of migrant patients (n = 736) defaulted from treatment.
- MRI of small intrahepatic mass-forming cholangiocarcinoma and atypical small hepatocellular carcinoma (≤3 cm) with cirrhosis and chronic viral hepatitis: a comparative studyRuo Fan Sheng
Department of Radiology, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai Medical School, Fudan, University, Shanghai Medical Imaging Institute, No 180 Fenglin Road, XuHui, District, Shanghai 200032, China
Clin Imaging 38:265-72. 2014..magnetic resonance (MR) features in differentiating small intrahepatic mass-forming cholangiocarcinoma (sIMCC) from atypical small hepatocellular carcinoma (sHCC) (≤3 cm) in patients with cirrhosis and chronic viral hepatitis.
- Phenotypic severity of homozygous GCK mutations causing neonatal or childhood-onset diabetes is primarily mediated through effects on protein stabilityAnne Raimondo
Oxford Centre for Diabetes Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LE, UK
Hum Mol Genet 23:6432-40. 2014..GCK proteins were analyzed for kinetic and thermostability characteristics and assigned a relative activity index (RAI) or relative stability index (RSI) value. Six of 16 missense mutations exhibited severe kinetic defects (RAI ≤ 0...
- Is malignant nodule topography an additional risk factor for metastatic disease in low-risk differentiated thyroid cancer?Alfredo Campenni
1 Department of Biomedical Science and of Morphological and Functional Images, Nuclear Medicine Unit, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Thyroid 24:1607-11. 2014..According to European Thyroid Association and American Thyroid Association guidelines, radioiodine (RAI) thyroid remnant ablation is not indicated in very low-risk patients, while its role is still debated in low-risk ..
- Structural connectivity of the salience-executive loop in schizophreniaSarina J Iwabuchi
Translational Neuroimaging, Division of Psychiatry and Applied Psychology, Institute of Mental Health, University of Nottingham, Room 09 C Floor, Triumph Road, Nottingham, NG7 2TU, UK
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 265:163-6. 2015..Specifically, the right anterior insula (rAI) fails to modulate the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex (DLPFC)...
- Minimally invasive follicular carcinoma: predictors of vascular invasion and impact on patterns of carePaolo Goffredo
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA
Endocrine 51:123-30. 2016..9 vs. 75.1%, p = 0.537). The RAI administration rate was higher in patients with vascular invasion (62.1 vs. 52.6% capsular invasion only, p = 0...
- The role of early 18F-FDG PET/CT in therapeutic management and ongoing risk stratification of high/intermediate-risk thyroid carcinomaE M Triviño Ibáñez
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Virgen de las Nieves University Hospital, Granada, Spain
Endocrine 51:490-8. 2016..positron emission tomography/computed tomography (18F-FDG PET/CT) performed early after radioactive iodine (RAI) ablation in differentiated thyroid carcinoma (DTC)...
- Ethnic Variation in Consumption of Traditional Tobacco Products and Lung Cancer Risk in NepalGreg A Raspanti
Maryland Institute for Applied Environmental Health, University of Maryland College Park School of Public Health, Maryland, USA E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16:5721-6. 2015..7% of Brahmins, 60.1% of Chettris, and 52.3% of Rai/Limbu/Magar/others. In contrast, about 39.9% of Madishe/Tharu smokers reported using bidi compared with only 27...
- Direct Coombs Test Positivity in B-Chronic Lymphoid Leukemia: a Marker of Advanced Clinical DiseaseSyeda Alia Abbas
Hematology Department, Liaquat National Hospital and Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16:6007-10. 2015..This study was carried out to determine the frequency of direct Coombs Test positivity in CLL patients and its possible correlation with Rai staging, hematological parameters and biochemical markers.
- FDA Approval Summary: Lenvatinib for Progressive, Radio-iodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid CancerAbhilasha Nair
Office of Hematology and Oncology Products, Office of New Drugs, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland
Clin Cancer Res 21:5205-8. 2015..for the treatment of patients with locally recurrent or metastatic, progressive, radioactive iodine-refractory (RAI-refractory) differentiated thyroid cancer (DTC)...
- Preoperative neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio predicts recurrence of patients with single-nodule small hepatocellular carcinoma following curative resection: a retrospective reportRui Liao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, 400016, China
World J Surg Oncol 13:265. 2015..Thus, we detected the prognostic value of preoperative NLR in the single-nodule small HCC (SHCC) patients using X-tile for cutpoint.
- Temporary changes in neutrophil-to-lymphocyte, platelet-to-lymphocyte ratios, and mean platelet volume reflecting the inflammatory process after radioiodine therapyYusuf Demir
Departments of aNuclear Medicine bEndocrinology and Metabolism, Internal Medicine cOtorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van dDepartment of Nuclear Medicine, School of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 37:393-8. 2016Data on the effects of radioiodine (RAI) therapy on systemic inflammation are very limited...
- Robust Thyroid Gene Expression and Radioiodine Uptake Induced by Simultaneous Suppression of BRAF V600E and Histone Deacetylase in Thyroid Cancer CellsWeiwei Cheng
Laboratory for Cellular and Molecular Thyroid Research W C, R L, G Z, M X, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 and Department of Nuclear Medicine H W, Xin Hua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 101:962-71. 2016Use of BRAF V600E inhibitors to restore thyroid iodide-handling gene expression and radioactive iodine (RAI) avidity is an attractive therapeutic strategy for RAI-refractory thyroid cancer, but recent initial clinical responses were ..
- (124)I PET/CT in Patients with Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: Clinical and Quantitative Image AnalysisSeza A Gulec
1 Department of Surgical Oncology, Endocrine Surgery, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami, Florida
Thyroid 26:441-8. 2016Although radioactive iodine (RAI) imaging/therapy is one of the earliest applications of theranostics, there remain a number of unresolved clinical questions as to the optimization of diagnostic techniques/protocols and improvements in ..
- Prognostication of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in the era of new agentsBarbara Eichhorst
Department I for Internal Medicine and Centre of Integrated Oncology, and
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2016:149-155. 2016..The clinical staging systems by Rai and Binet have been the backbone of clinical management for several decades...
- Prognostic Value of Relative Adrenal Insufficiency During Cardiogenic Shock: A Prospective Cohort Study With Long-Term Follow-UpFrançois Bagate
AP HP, CHU Henri Mondor, DHU A TVB, Department of Medical Intensive Care, Creteil, France Universite Paris Est Creteil, Faculte de Medecine, Groupe de recherche clinique CARMAS, Creteil, France AP HP, CHU Henri Mondor, DHU A TVB, Department of Cardiology, Creteil, France AP HP, CHU Henri Mondor, Department of Biochemistry, Creteil, France
Shock 47:86-92. 2017Relative adrenal insufficiency (RAI) is common in intensive care unit patients, particularly during septic shock (SS). Cardiogenic shock (CS) may share some pathophysiological features with SS...
- Effectiveness of the multidimensional ergonomic intervention model to reduce musculoskeletal discomfort among street sweepers in Chiang Rai Province, ThailandKanjanar Pintakham
College of Public Health Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok School of Health Science, Chiang Rai Rajabhat University, Chiang Rai, Thailand
Risk Manag Healthc Policy 9:275-283. 2016..A quasi-experimental study was conducted in Chiang Rai Province...
- Efforts to establish the reliability of the Resident Assessment InstrumentA Sgadari
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Geriatria, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Age Ageing 26:27-30. 1997since its original implementation in the USA, the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) has been used in many countries in languages other than English...
- The many 'faces' of Graves' disease. Part 2. Practical diagnostic testing and management optionsM W Felz
Department of Family Medicine, Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine, Augusta 30912, USA
Postgrad Med 106:45-52; quiz 158. 1999..Beta blockers promptly alleviate symptoms, allowing time for thoughtful consideration by patient and physician as to optimal definitive therapy with antithyroid drugs, RAI, or surgery.
- Richter's syndrome following cladribine therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia first manifested as pathologic fracture of the femurT Robak
Department of Hematology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Leuk Lymphoma 42:789-96. 2001..with 2-CdA, where isolated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (LBCL) developed 2 years after the diagnosis of CLL Rai II and one year after the completion of 2-CdA treatment...
- Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in childhood and adolescence-clinical course and role of radioiodineSin Ming Chow
Department of Clinical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:176-83. 2004Differentiated thyroid carcinoma (DTC) in childhood has a good prognosis despite a high incidence of relapse. The use of radioactive iodine (RAI) has not been well established.
- Development of acquired drug resistance in recurrent tuberculosis patients with various previous treatment outcomesT Yoshiyama
Epidemiology Division, Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Kiyose, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 8:31-8. 2004Chiang Rai province, Northern Thailand.
- The interrelationships between thyroid dysfunction and hypogonadism in men and boysA Wayne Meikle
Division of Endocrinology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Endocrine Testing Laboratory ARUP, 615 Arapeen Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Thyroid 14:S17-25. 2004..Radioactive iodine therapy (RAI) of men treated for thyroid cancer produces a dose-dependent impairment of spermatogenesis and elevation of FSH up ..
- ASISH KUMAR GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2016..that CLL B-cells can spontaneously or with stimulation produce LD MV in vitro irrespective of disease stages (Rai stage)...
- An Evaluation of Vaccination Practices of Nursing Home Residents and StaffDavid H Howard; Fiscal Year: 2011..is to assess the validity of reported influenza vaccination status and race on the resident assessment instrument (RAI) by comparing RAI data to patient vaccination and medical records...
- Towards Measures of Lupus Nephritis Activity &Damage for ChildrenHermine I Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2012..Aim #1b: To develop and initially validate for Children a Renal Activity Index (C-RAI) to non-invasively monitor LN activity...
- HEALTH, QUALITY OF CARE AND NURSING HOME CHOICEAndrew Foster; Fiscal Year: 1999..Information on residents and new entrants is contained in the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) and Minimum Data Set (MDS)...
- Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases isoforms as novel biomarkers in CLLLingzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Currently, clinical staging by the Rai and Binet criteria remains the foundation for determining prognosis and indication for treatment...
- A noninvasive optical imaging of retinal amyloid beta deposits in AD patientsMaya Koronyo-Hamaoui; Fiscal Year: 2013..perform an initial clinical imaging study and use the data to automate the calculation of a Retinal Amyloid Index (RAI), a quantitative measure of amyloid in the retina...
- BEHAVIORAL RESEARCH FOR AIDS PREVENTION IN THAILANDMaria Wawer; Fiscal Year: 1993..The project, to be conducted in Bangkok in central Thailand, Chiang Rai in the north, and Hadyai in the south, will collect quantitative and qualitative behavioral data in brothels (..
- James A Fagin; Fiscal Year: 2014..with BRAF mutation have lower expression of NIS, which likely explains why BRAF mutant PTCs are often resistant to RAI therapy...
- Family-to-Family: Psychoeducation to Improve Children's Outcomes in HIV+ FamiliesLi Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Phase 2, families with HIV+ parents (400 HIV+ parents, 600 family caregivers) from 4 district hospitals in Chang Rai &Nakhon Ratchasima Provinces will be recruited to an intervention to benefit their 960 school-aged children ..
- The Role of Oxidative Stress in CLL B-cell ApoptosisTait D Shanafelt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Conduct a clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of one ROS generating agent, EGCG, for treatment of patients with Rai state 0-II CLL...
- Thomas Lad; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): John H. Stroger Jr, Hospital of Cook County (SHCC) in Chicago, Illinois is the major tertiary care site for the Cook County Health and Hospital System (CCHHS)...
- Rasa Zarnegar; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- RAI CONDOM: Feasibility & Acceptability Study, Phase 1 Pilot Clinical ResearchDANIEL RESNIC; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): The purpose of this project is to research, refine and test three prototypes of the ORIGAMI RAI CONDOM, an RAI (receptive anal intercourse) condom made of a biocompatible, viral-impermeable silicone, which may ..
- Item Banking Across the Continuum of CareCraig A Velozo; Fiscal Year: 2013..facilities (IRFs), and results obtained from the Minimum Data Set (MDS) of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI), which is collected to monitor functional status in VA Community Living Centers (CLC)...
- Megan Rist Haymart; Fiscal Year: 2015..for well-differentiated thyroid cancer (WDTC) includes thyroid surgery often followed by radioactive iodine (RAI) and suppressive doses of thyroid hormone replacement...
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT IN NURSING HOMESFrancois Sainfort; Fiscal Year: 1999..and (2) gathering routinely collected resident- level information using the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI). These data will be collected simultaneously in two different years to study changes over a period of one year...
- Angiogenesis in B Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaNeil Kay; Fiscal Year: 2002..This latter finding would strongly suggest that maneuvers to alter the angiogenic potential in B-CLL patients would be an important and novel therapeutic approach in this disease. ..
- B CLL Subtypes--Correlation with Clinical OutcomeNeil Kay; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- VEGF Function in B-CLLNeil E Kay; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Does the VEGF/VEGF-R pathway(s) found in CLL B cells correlate with either clinical and/or critical biologic parameters in B-CLL? ..
- Internet Use and HIV Risk among Men in NYCAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Topical Microbicide AcceptabilityAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2006..Focusing on HIV-negative men who have receptive anal intercourse (RAI) using condoms inconsistently or not at all, the primary aims of this study are to (1) determine, through a rectal ..
- Predictors of HIV Risk Behavior Among Men in ArgentinaAlex Carballo Dieguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is a fundamental step prior to designing programs that mitigate those factors and result in decreased risk. ..
- Inducible NOS as a Treatment Target in CLLJ Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A-1 Adenosine Receptor Action in Developing HeartScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will identify Rho and ROCK as critical signaling molecules in heart development and reveal that cardiac GTPase activity transduces the effects of adenosine. ..
- PATHOGENESIS AND THERAPY OF AUTOIMMUNE THYROID DISEASELESLIE DE GROOT; Fiscal Year: 2007..R .G. Phelps, who will analyze TSH-R epitopes which we elute from DR3 molecules, Dr. W. Kwok, who will provide DR3 tetramers, and with Dr. M. Ludgate on the model of Graves' disease. ..
- Scott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- The Role of Adenosine in Hypoglycemic Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate that these studies will yield new insights into the mechanisms of hypoglycemic brain injury and may lead to the development of practical strategies for reducing hypoglycemic brain injury. ..
- Vaccine therapy of congenital adrenal HyperplasiaScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also anticipate being able to extend this novel approach to the treatment of other receptor-mediated endocrine disorders, such as hyperthyroidism. ..
- A1-ADENOSINE RECEPTOR ACTION IN HIPPOCAMPUSScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate these studies will lead to new insights into the mechanisms of A1AR action. We also anticipate that these studies will identify A1ARs as an important regulator of axon growth. ..
- Adenosinergic Mechanisms of Intrauterine Growth RetardationScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goals of this proposal are to identify the mechanisms by which adenosine acts to protect the embryo in utero and how altered embryonic adenosine action leads to long-term adverse effects in adulthood. ..
- ENDOTHELIN IN HUMANS CORONARY IN EARLY ATHEROSCLEROSISAmir Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- DEVELOPING CIRCADIAN RHYTHMICITYScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may also lead to the development of new care practices in Neonatal Intensive Care Units and extend the field of developmental chronobiology to the bedside. ..
- CLONOTYPIC PCR FOR MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN LYMPHOMAAriela Noy; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, the extensive patient population facilitates the execution of a large number of clinical protocols in a timely manner. ..
- MOLECULAR AND BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION OF CD40 IN MYELOMADiane Jelinek; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Advanced Haplotype Analyses in Coronary Artery DiseaseAndrew Allen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Allen's development into an established independent quantitative research scientist with expertise in both methodology for dissecting genetic factors in complex disease and cardiovascular genetics. ..
- CB1 Receptor Action on the Developing HippocampusScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these studies will result in new insights into the potential effects of cannabinoid action on the developing brain. ..
- Inhibitory Signaling via FcgRIIB Receptor on B CellsKodi Ravichandran; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- role of BLyS/April in Normal and Malignant Plasma CellsDiane Jelinek; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptotic Cell Recognition & Clearance 2007 Gordon Research ConferenceKodi Ravichandran; Fiscal Year: 2007..The meeting is purposely held in alternative years with[unreadable] the Apoptosis meeting to encourage participation by all of those with an interest in cell death. ..
- Phagocytosis of apoptotic cells: Signaling via GULPKodi Ravichandran; Fiscal Year: 2007..In these mouse studies, we will determine the effect on engulfment due to the absence of GULP, or disrupted GULP function, and any potential effects on autoimmunity due to defective engulfment. ..
- MINORITY BASED COMMUNITY CLINICAL ONCOLOGY PROGRAMPeter Wiernik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Efforts in screening and prevention intervention will be facilitated through the Community Outreach program and Community Council. ..
- Brca1 Deletion in Murine Cells and Mammary TissueMARCIA BROSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Coronary Endothelial Function in HumansAmir Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The success of this program has the potential to further both the research and mentoring endeavors of patient-oriented investigation and mentoring the next generation of patient-oriented researchers. ..
- Anti-Adenosine Therapy of Neonatal Brain InjuryScott Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is anticipated that these studies will lead to novel and practical strategies for directly preventing brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- QUALITY MEASUREMENT IN RESIDENTIAL CAREMARY HAWES; Fiscal Year: 2001..In short, we propose a multi-faceted approach to developing and using quality measures to improve health care services to the vulnerable populations residing in RCFs. ..
- Anal Dysplasia in HIV+ and HIV- menTimothy Wilkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study will help provide important new information on which groups of HIV+ men may benefit from screening and how HAART may modify this risk. ..
- A PHASE 1 Study of HuD10 IN CLL/SLL PATIENTSJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2002..These laboratory studies combined with clinical data derived from this trial will form the basis for future phase II development of this agent in CLL/SLL. ..
- DEPSIPEPTIDE: A NOVEL HISTONE DEACYTLASE INHIBITOR IN LJohn Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2003..The clinical and laboratory results of this trial will provide pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic information for additional correlative efforts in both single agent phase II and combination phase I studies. ..
- Deciphering genes and pathways in nicotine dependenceMing Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..The completion of the proposed studies will advance our understanding of complex gene expression patterns associated with nicotine dependence and nicotine withdrawal in rats and in human postmortem brain tissues. ..
- Epigenetic Targeted Therapy for Chronic Lymphocytic Leu*John Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Markers: Response to Chemo-immunotherapy in C*John Byrd; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such therapy would potentially administer different types of chemoimmunotherapy based upon the presence or absence of IgVH mutational status and p53 dysfunction. ..
- Developing Prevalence Measures of Elder Abuse in Residential Long-Term Care SettiMARY HAWES; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, the study addresses the CDC's Healthy People 2010 goals of assuring "Access to Quality Health Services--Long-term Care" and of "Injury and Violence Prevention." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..