Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SFRP4
Description: secreted frizzled related protein 4
Alias: FRP-4, FRPHE, PYL, sFRP-4, secreted frizzled-related protein 4, frizzled protein, human endometrium, secreted frizzled-related protein 4; secreted frizzled-related protein 4
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Secreted frizzled-related protein-4 reduces sodium-phosphate co-transporter abundance and activity in proximal tubule cellsTheresa J Berndt
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Mayo College of Medicine, MN, 55905, USA
Pflugers Arch 451:579-87. 2006..We conclude that sFRP-4 increases renal P(i) excretion by reducing Na(+)-P(i)-IIa transporter abundance in the brush border of the proximal tubule through enhanced internalization of the protein...
- The phosphatonins and the regulation of phosphate transport and vitamin D metabolismStacy Sommer
Nephrology and Hypertension Research, Department of Medicine, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, MS 1 120, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:497-503. 2007..MEPE, however, increases circulating 1alpha,25(OH)(2)D. Circulating or local concentrations of these peptides/proteins may regulate 25-hydroxyvitamin D 1alpha-hydroxylase activity in renal tissues under physiologic circumstances...
- Expression of frizzled-related protein and Wnt-signalling molecules in invasive human breast tumoursSze Chuen Cesar Wong
Department of Biology, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
J Pathol 196:145-53. 2002..This first systemic analysis of the Frp and the Wnt-signalling pathway in human breast cancer provides a springboard for further work on the role of Frp in the development of breast cancer...
- WIF1, a component of the Wnt pathway, is down-regulated in prostate, breast, lung, and bladder cancerChristoph Wissmann
metaGen Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Oudenarder Strasse 16, 13347 Berlin, Germany
J Pathol 201:204-12. 2003..Three of these genes encode extracellular components of the Wnt pathway (WNT2, WIF1, SFRP4); two are receptors (FZD4, FZD6); two belong to the intracellular signal cascade (DVL1, PPP2CB); one regulates ..
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 inhibits proliferation and metastatic potential in prostate cancerLisa G Horvath
Sydney Cancer Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Prostate 67:1081-90. 2007Secreted frizzled-related proteins (sFRP4) inhibits Wnt signaling and thus cellular proliferation in androgen-independent prostate cancer cells in vitro...
- Epigenetic dysregulation of secreted Frizzled-related proteins in multiple myelomaE Jost
Medizinische Klinik IV, Universitaetsklinikum Aachen, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Cancer Lett 281:24-31. 2009..5% for SFRP1, 52.6% for SFRP2, 1.3% for SFRP4 and 6.9% for SFRP5...
- Expression of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) in primary serous ovarian tumoursJ Drake
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Perth
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 30:133-41. 2009..Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) has been demonstrated to be involved in apoptosis in the ovary but not in ovarian tumours as yet...
- Loss of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 correlates with an aggressive phenotype and predicts poor outcome in ovarian cancer patientsFrancis Jacob
Translational Research Group, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 7:e31885. 2012..Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) has been proposed to have inhibitory activity through binding and sequestering Wnt ligands.
- Membranous expression of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 predicts for good prognosis in localized prostate cancer and inhibits PC3 cellular proliferation in vitroLisa G Horvath
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Cancer Res 10:615-25. 2004..Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (sFRP4) is a secreted protein with putative inhibitory activity of the Wnt-signaling cascade through binding and ..
- Evidence of genetic underexpression in chorionic villi samples of euploid fetuses with increased nuchal translucency at 10-11 weeks' gestationAntonio Farina
Prenatal Medicine Unit, Embryology and Applied Biology, University of Bologna, Italy
Prenat Diagn 26:128-33. 2006..To retrospectively investigate whether the genetic profile from chorionic villous sampling (CVS) found in euploid fetuses with increased NT differs from matched controls...
- From endometrial hyperplasia to endometrial cancer: insight into the biology and possible medical preventive measuresMelih C Boruban
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Eur J Cancer Prev 17:133-8. 2008..In contrast, these abnormalities are not seen in patients who receive aromatase inhibitors and switched therapy after tamoxifen withdrawal may reverse tamoxifen-associated endometrial thickening...
- Wnt-dependent beta-catenin signaling is activated after unilateral ureteral obstruction, and recombinant secreted frizzled-related protein 4 alters the progression of renal fibrosisKameswaran Surendran
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, 5th Floor MPRB, Campus Box 8208, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2373-84. 2005..of the expression and function of an inhibitor of Wnt signaling, secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (sFRP4), during renal tubular epithelial injury initiated by unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO)...
- Human myometrial adaptation to pregnancy: cDNA microarray gene expression profiling of myometrium from non-pregnant and pregnant womenKhurram S Rehman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 9:681-700. 2003..inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1), milk fat globule-EGF factor 8 protein (MFGE8), secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (sFRP4) and estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha). On the microarray these transcripts were up-regulated 7...
- Osteoblast-targeted expression of Sfrp4 in mice results in low bone massRika Nakanishi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 23:271-7. 2008Transgenic mice overexpressing Sfrp4 in osteoblasts were established. These mice exhibited low bone mass caused by a decrease in bone formation.
- [Methylation status of CpG islands in secreted frizzled-related protein gene promoter region of malignant hematopoietic cell lines]Cheng Bo Xu
Department of Hematology, Union Hospital, Fujian Medical University Fujian Institute of Hematology, Fuzhou 350001, Fujian Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:1487-91. 2009..for SFRP1 and 2 were present in nine malignant hematopoietic cell lines, however, methylation and unmethylation of SFRP4 were both detected in CA46, HL60 and U937 cell lines, and SFRP5 in U266 as well...
- Transgenic mice overexpressing secreted frizzled-related proteins (sFRP)4 under the control of serum amyloid P promoter exhibit low bone mass but did not result in disturbed phosphate homeostasisHwa Young Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 101 Daehak Ro, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Bone 47:263-71. 2010Secreted frizzled-related protein-4 (sFRP4) is a member of secreted modulators of Wnt signaling pathways and has been recognized to play important role in the pathogenesis of oncogenic osteomalacia as a potential phosphatonin...
- Inverse correlation of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 and beta-catenin expression in endometrial stromal sarcomasAndelko Hrzenjak
Department of Pathology, Medical University, Graz, Austria
J Pathol 204:19-27. 2004..genes were those of secreted frizzled-related proteins (SFRPs), in particular secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4)...
- Developmental exposure to diethylstilbestrol alters uterine gene expression that may be associated with uterine neoplasia later in lifeRetha R Newbold
Developmental Endocrinology and Endocrine Disruptor Section, Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, NIEHS, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:783-96. 2007..transforming growth factor beta inducible (Tgfb1), cyclin D1 (Ccnd1), and secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (Sfrp4)], selected for real-time RT-PCR analysis, correlated well with the directionality of the microarray data...
- Wnt pathway reprogramming during human embryonal carcinoma differentiation and potential for therapeutic targetingGrace E Snow
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
BMC Cancer 9:383. 2009..This study comprehensively investigated expression profiles of Wnt signalling components regulated during induced differentiation of EC cells and explored the role of key components in maintaining pluripotency...
- Parathyroid hormone signaling in bone and kidneyMinnkyong Lee
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 18:298-302. 2009..Here, we will review the recent advancements regarding PTH signaling in bone and kidney...
- Differential expression of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 in decidual cells during pregnancyM Fujita
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Mol Endocrinol 28:213-23. 2002..Seven independent clones were isolated and one of the up-regulated genes was secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (sFRP4)...
- The role of sFRP4, a secreted frizzled-related protein, in ovulationJ M Drake
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
Apoptosis 8:389-97. 2003..Many apoptosis related genes have been identified in the ovary. Secreted Frizzled Related Protein 4 (sFRP4) is a protein that appears to antagonize a molecular pathway for cell survival...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 is a negative regulator of peak BMD in SAMP6 miceRika Nakanishi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 21:1713-21. 2006We segregated a QTL for peak BMD on Chr 13 by generating congenic sublines of the senescence-accelerated mouse SAMP6. Sfrp 4 within this locus was responsible for lower BMD of SAMP6.
- Increased expression of Wnt2 and SFRP4 in Tsk mouse skin: role of Wnt signaling in altered dermal fibrillin deposition and systemic sclerosisJulie Bayle
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Section, Boston University School of Medicine, Arthritis Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:871-81. 2008..beta-catenin (DACT1) and DACT2; Wnt-induced secreted protein 2; and secreted frizzled-related protein (SFRP)2 and SFRP4. RNase protection and northern blot confirmed microarray results...
- Excessive ovarian stimulation up-regulates the Wnt-signaling molecule DKK1 in human endometrium and may affect implantation: an in vitro co-culture studyYunao Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Hum Reprod 25:479-90. 2010..We investigated if aberrant expression of genes in the Wnt-signaling pathway may be involved...
- Expression and localization of secreted frizzled-related protein-4 in the rodent ovary: evidence for selective up-regulation in luteinized granulosa cellsMinnie Hsieh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Endocrinology 144:4597-606. 2003..Therefore, regulation of sFRP-4 by LH and PRL may be important for modulating Fz-1, which is known to be expressed in periovulatory follicles, and Wnt-4/Fz-4, which are expressed in corpora lutea...
- Comparative genomics on Dkk1 orthologsYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo, Japan
Int J Oncol 27:275-9. 2005..FZD5, FZD6, FZD7, FZD8, FZD9, FZD10, LRP5, LRP6, ROR1, ROR2, RYK, and also secreted proteins SFRP1, SFRP2, SFRP3, SFRP4, SFRP5, and DAND4 (CER1)...
- Comparative genomics on SFRP1 orthologsYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Oncol 27:861-5. 2005SFRP1, SFRP2, SFRP3, SFRP4, SFRP5, WIF1, DKK1, DKK2, DKK3, DKK4 are secreted-type WNT signaling modulators. SFRP1 tumor suppressor gene at human chromosome 8p11...
- Comparative genomics on SFRP2 orthologsMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:783-7. 2005SFRP1, SFRP2, SFRP3, SFRP4, SFRP5, DKK1, DKK2, DKK3, DKK4, and WIF1 are soluble modulators of WNT signaling. SFRP2 gene at human chromosome 4q31...
- WNT antagonist, SFRP1, is Hedgehog signaling targetYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 17:171-5. 2006..within the promoter region of genes encoding secreted-type WNT signal inhibitors, including SFRP1, SFRP2, SFRP3, SFRP4, SFRP5, DKK1, DKK2, DKK3, DKK4, and WIF1...
- Methylation status of Wnt signaling pathway genes affects the clinical outcome of Philadelphia-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemiaVanesa Martin
Hematology Department, Reina Sofia Hospital, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
Cancer Sci 99:1865-8. 2008..significance of aberrant promoter methylation of the canonical Wnt pathway antagonist genes (sFRP1, sFRP2, sFRP4, sFRP5, Wif1, Dkk3, and Hdpr1) and also putative tumor-suppressor gene Wnt5a, belonging to the non-canonical Wnt ..
- Epigenetic regulation of WNT signaling pathway genes in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) associated neoplasiaMashaal Dhir
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1745-53. 2008..This study examined the role of epigenetic silencing of WNT signaling pathway genes in the pathogenesis of IBD-associated neoplasia...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in Wnt signaling and cell death pathway genes and susceptibility to colorectal cancerBernd Frank
German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 31:1381-6. 2010..the association between common, putative functional polymorphisms in DNFA5, HIF1A, NDRG1, PYGO1, SFRP2, SFRP4, WISP1 and WISP3 genes and CRC risk...
- Developmental expression patterns of mouse sFRP genes encoding members of the secreted frizzled related protein familyC Leimeister
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Theodor Boveri Institute Biocenter, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, D 97074, Wuerzburg, Germany
Mech Dev 75:29-42. 1998..In a comparative analysis transcripts of the related sFRP1 and sFRP4 genes were frequently found in the same tissues as sFRP2 with their expression domains overlapping in some ..
- Global gene profiling in human endometrium during the window of implantationL C Kao
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Endocrinology 143:2119-38. 2002..50-fold)], matrilysin, members of the G protein-coupled receptor signaling pathway, frizzled-related protein (FrpHE, a Wnt antagonist), transcription factors, TGF-beta signaling pathway members, immune modulators (major ..
- Embryonic myogenesis pathways in muscle regenerationPo Zhao
Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Dev Dyn 229:380-92. 2004..Moreover, antagonists of Wnt signaling, sFRP1, sFRP2, and sFRP4 (secreted frizzled-related proteins) were significantly up-regulated, suggesting active inhibition of the Wnt ..
- Expression of the secreted frizzled-related protein gene family is downregulated in human mesotheliomaAmie Y Lee
Thoracic Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Oncogene 23:6672-6. 2004..Methylation-specific PCR (MSP) analysis showed that SFRP1, SFRP4, and SFRP5 gene promoters are frequently methylated in MM primary tissue (>80%)...
- Placental expression of secreted frizzled related protein-4 in the rat and the impact of glucocorticoid-induced fetal and placental growth restrictionDamien P Hewitt
School of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Biol Reprod 75:75-81. 2006..In this study, we compared the expression patterns of one of these secreted molecules, SFRP4, in the two morphologically and functionally distinct regions of the rat placenta during the last third of ..
- Epigenetic inactivation of the SFRP genes is associated with drinking, smoking and HPV in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaCarmen J Marsit
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 119:1761-6. 2006..Using methylation-specific PCR, the prevalence of methylation of SFRP1, SFRP2, SFRP4 and SFRP5 was 35, 32, 35 and 29%, respectively among 350 HNSCC cases...
- Identification of differentially expressed genes in HPV-positive and HPV-negative oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomasIvan Martinez
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Room East 1240, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15208, USA
Eur J Cancer 43:415-32. 2007..The upregulated genes included those involved in cell cycle regulation (CDKN2A), cell differentiation (SFRP4) and DNA repair (RAD51AP1), while the downregulated genes included those involved in proteolysis (PRSS3)...
- Epigenetic regulation of Wnt-signaling pathway in acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJose Roman-Gomez
Department of Hematology, Hospital Reina Sofia, Cordoba, Spain
Blood 109:3462-9. 2007..We found that expression of the Wnt inhibitors sFRP1, sFRP2, sFRP4, sFRP5, WIF1, Dkk3, and Hdpr1 was down-regulated due to abnormal promoter methylation in ALL cell lines and ..
- SFRP1 suppressed hepatoma cells growth through Wnt canonical signaling pathwayYu Lueng Shih
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 121:1028-35. 2007..To confirm and extend these findings, the methylation status of the other SFRP members, including SFRP2, SFRP4 and SFRP5, was examined by methylation-specific polymerase chain reaction (MS-PCR)...
- Wnt3a binds to several sFRPs in the nanomolar rangeDanuta Wawrzak
Laboratory for Cell Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:1119-23. 2007..Here we show, using surface plasmon resonance and purified proteins, that sFRP1, sFRP2, sFRP4, and Frzb bind directly to Wnt3a with affinities in the nanomolar range...
- Gene expression profiling of oral submucous fibrosis using oligonucleotide microarrayYanjia Hu
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, 410008 Changsha, People s Republic of China
Oncol Rep 20:287-94. 2008..Five EMT-related genes including SFRP4, THBS1, MMP2, ZO-1, and CK18 were validated with RT-PCR...
- Oncogenic osteomalacia, a rare paraneoplastic syndrome due to phosphate wasting--a case report and review of the literatureM Woznowski
Department of Nephrology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, Duesseldorf, Germany
Clin Nephrol 70:431-8. 2008..identified factors involved in the regulation of phosphate homeostasis such as the secreted frizzled related protein 4 (sFRP-4), the fibroblast growth factors 7 and 23 (FGF-7/-23), or the matrix extracellular ..
- [Phosphatonins: novel insights and clinical perspectives]G Mossetti
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi Federico II, Napoli
G Ital Nefrol 26:171-80. 2009..These factors--fibroblast growth factors (FGF) 23 and 7, secreted frizzled related protein 4 (sFRP-4), and matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein (MEPE)--primarily regulate tubular phosphate ..
- Isorhamnetin-induced anti-adipogenesis is mediated by stabilization of beta-catenin proteinJongsung Lee
Biospectrum Life Science Institute, 101 701 SK Ventium, 522 Dangjung Dong, Gunpo City, 435 833 Gyunggi Do, Republic of Korea
Life Sci 86:416-23. 2010..This study was conducted to elucidate the inhibitory mechanisms of isorhamnetin during adipogenic differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived stem cells (hAMSCs)...
- Alternative splicing in bone following mechanical loadingSara M Mantila Roosa
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Bone 48:543-51. 2011..genes across the time course, and five alternatively spliced genes were validated with qPCR: Akap12, Fn1, Pcolce, Sfrp4, and Tpm1...
- Genetic ablation of sfrp4 in mice does not affect serum phosphate homeostasisMarta Christov
Department of Medicine, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 152:2031-6. 2011..In addition to Fgf23, secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (Sfrp4) has recently been implicated as an additional phosphate regulator in vivo and in vitro...
- The Wnt gatekeeper SFRP4 modulates EMT, cell migration and downstream Wnt signalling in serous ovarian cancer cellsCaroline E Ford
Wnt Signalling and Metastasis Group, Lowy Cancer Research Centre, Prince of Wales Clinical School, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e54362. 2013..Expression of secreted frizzled related protein 4 (SFRP4), an extracellular modulator of the Wnt signalling pathway, is progressively lost in more ..
- RNA/DNA co-analysis from human menstrual blood and vaginal secretion stains: results of a fourth and fifth collaborative EDNAP exerciseC Haas
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Zurich, Switzerland Electronic address
Forensic Sci Int Genet 8:203-12. 2014..novel menstrual blood mRNA multiplexes were used: MMP triplex (MMP7, MMP10, MMP11) and MB triplex (MSX1, LEFTY2, SFRP4) in conjunction with a housekeeping gene triplex (B2M, UBC, UCE)...
- Wnt antagonist, secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (sFRP4), increases chemotherapeutic response of glioma stem-like cellsSudha Warrier
Division of Cancer Stem Cells and Cardiovascular Regeneration, Manipal Institute of Regenerative Medicine, Manipal University, Bangalore, India
Oncol Res 21:93-102. 2013..We examined the effect of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (sFRP4), a Wnt signaling antagonist, in chemosensitizing the glioma cell line U138MG and glioma stem cells (GSCs) ..
- Computer aided screening of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4): a potential control for diabetes mellitusShazia Anwer Bukhari
Department of Applied Chemistry and Biochemistry, Government College University, Allama Iqbal Road, Faisalabad 38000, Pakistan
Molecules 19:10129-36. 2014..Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) is found to cause five times more risk of diabetes when expressed above average levels...
- Diabetic osteopenia by decreased β-catenin signaling is partly induced by epigenetic derepression of sFRP-4 geneKiyoshi Mori
Department of Pathology, Division of Diagnostic Molecular Pathology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe City, Japan Department of Pathology, National Hospital Organization, Osaka National Hospital, Hoenzaka, Chuo Ku, Osaka City, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e102797. 2014....
- Genetic diseases of renal phosphate handlingCarsten A Wagner
Institute of Physiology and Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 29:iv45-54. 2014..syndromes of renal phosphate wasting, hypophosphatemia and osteomalacia (tumour-associated osteomalacia) can be due to the excessive synthesis or release of phosphaturic factors (FGF23, FGF-7, MEPE and sFRP4) from mesenchymal tumours.
- MicroRNA-152 modulates the canonical Wnt pathway activation by targeting DNA methyltransferase 1 in arthritic rat modelCheng Gui Miao
School of Food and Drug, Anhui Key Laboratory of Poultry Epidemic Prevention and Surveillance, Anhui Science and Technology University, Bengbu 233100, China School of Pharmacy, Anhui key laboratory of bioactivity of natural products, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China
Biochimie 106:149-56. 2014..we identified that increased methyl-CpG-binding protein 2 (MeCP2) reduced the secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) expression in FLS in Arthritic rat model and the DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) inhibitor 5-Aza-2'-deoxycytidine (5-..
- PTCH1 mutation is a frequent event in oesophageal basaloid squamous cell carcinomaTsuyoshi Saito
Department of Human Pathology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Hongo 2 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Mutagenesis 30:297-301. 2015..activation of the Wnt signalling pathway by epigenetic silencing of secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) is observed in this tumour...
- sFRP-4, a potential novel serum marker for chronic hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinomaCheng Xu
Institute of Infectious Diseases, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University Chongqing Key Laboratory for Research of Infectious Diseases, Chongqing 400038, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 14:164-70. 2015..Here, we assessed the serum levels of secreted frizzled related protein 4 (sFRP-4) for diagnosing HCC in patients infected with chronic hepatitis B (CHB).
- Loss of SFRP4 Alters Body Size, Food Intake, and Energy Expenditure in Diet-Induced Obese Male MiceJason Mastaitis
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591
Endocrinology 156:4502-10. 2015Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) is an extracellular regulator of the wingless-type mouse mammary tumor virus integration site family (WNT) pathway...
- sFRP4-dependent Wnt signal modulation is critical for bone remodeling during postnatal development and age-related bone lossRyuma Haraguchi
Department of Molecular Pathology, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Shitsukawa, Toon City, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Sci Rep 6:25198. 2016b>sFRP4 is an extracellular Wnt antagonist that fine-tunes its signal activity by direct binding to Wnts...
- Antagonizing canonical Wnt signaling pathway by recombinant human sFRP4 purified from E. coli and its implications in cancer therapyArchita Ghoshal
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati, Assam, 39, India
Mol Cell Biochem 418:119-35. 2016..We have purified and characterized bacterially expressed glutathione S-transferase-tagged SFRP4 from a novel clone generated from human cell origin...
- Altered levels of circulating cytokines and microRNAs in lean and obese individuals with prediabetes and type 2 diabetesYury O Nunez Lopez
Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes, Florida Hospital, 301 East Princeton St, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
Mol Biosyst 13:106-121. 2016..Specifically, cytokines IL-6, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12, and SFRP4, as well as miRNAs miR-21, miR-24...
- Tet proteins influence the balance between neuroectodermal and mesodermal fate choice by inhibiting Wnt signalingXiang Li
Division of Signaling and Gene Expression, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E8267-E8276. 2016..promoter demethylation and transcriptional activation of the Wnt inhibitor secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (Sfrp4). Tet1/2/3-deficient embryos (embryonic day 8.0-8...
- Alterations in estrogen-associated proliferation markers in histologically-normal endometrium of obese womenR A Lacour
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX University of Texas School of Medicine, Houston, TX
J Clin Oncol 26:16503. 2008..Our group has previously described EIG121 as a relevant pro-proliferation biomarker and RALDH2 and SFRP4 as anti-proliferation biomarkers in the endometrium...
- Sequencing and bioinformatics analysis of the differentially expressed genes in herniated discs with or without calcificationJia Shao
Department of Orthopedics, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, P R China
Int J Mol Med 39:81-90. 2017..the top 20 DEGs [sclerostin (SOST), WNT inhibitory factor 1 (WIF1) and secreted frizzled related protein 4 (SFRP4)] were related to the inhibition of the Wnt pathway...
- Retinoic acid receptor signalling directly regulates osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation from mesenchymal progenitor cellsA C Green
St Vincent s Institute, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia Department of Medicine at St Vincent s Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3065, Australia
Exp Cell Res 350:284-297. 2017..RAR agonist treatment resulted in significant upregulation of the Wnt antagonist, Sfrp4. This accompanied reduced nuclear and cytosolic β-catenin protein and reduced expression of the Wnt target gene ..
- Whole Exome Sequencing in Psoriasis Patients Contributes to Studies of Acitretin Treatment DifferenceXingchen Zhou
Department of Dermatology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Int J Mol Sci 18:. 2017..in CRB2, rs11086065A>G in ANKLE1, rs3821414T>C in ARHGEF3, rs1802073 T>G in SFRP4) were found to be significantly associated with acitretin response in either co-dominant or dominant models ..
- Expression profiling and functional analysis of wnt signaling mechanisms in mesenchymal stem cellsS Leah Etheridge
Biomedical Tissue Research, Department of Biology, PO Box 373, University of York, Y010 5YW, UK
Stem Cells 22:849-60. 2004..protein-5 (LRP-5), kremen-1, dickkopf-1 (Dkk-1), secreted Frizzled-related peptide (sFRP)-2, sFRP3, sFRP4, Disheveled (Dvl), GSK-3beta, adenomatous polyposis coli (APC), beta-catenin,T-cell factor (TCF)-1, and TCF-4, ..
- CTNNB1 mutations and overexpression of Wnt/beta-catenin target genes in WT1-mutant Wilms' tumorsChi Ming Li
Institute of Cancer Genetics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 165:1943-53. 2004..factors (MOX2, LBX1, SIM2), signaling molecules (TGFB2, FST, BMP2A), extracellular Wnt inhibitors (WIF1, SFRP4), and known beta-catenin/TCF targets (FST, CSPG2, CMYC)...
- Microarray expression analysis of genes and pathways involved in growth plate cartilage injury responses and bony repairCarmen E Macsai
Sansom Institute for Health Research, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Bone 50:1081-91. 2012..development were identified across the time-course of bone bridge formation, including Wnt signalling (SFRP1, SFRP4, β-catenin, Csnk2a1, Tcf7, Lef1, Fzd1, Fzd2, Wisp1 and Cpz), BMP signalling (BMP-2, BMP-6, BMP-7, Chrd, Chrdl2 ..
- Clinical review: Genome-wide association studies of skeletal phenotypes: what we have learned and where we are headedYi Hsiang Hsu
Hebrew SeniorLife Institute for Aging Research, 1200 Centre Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02131, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E1958-77. 2012..In addition, the identified genetic determinants may be used to enhance current risk factor profiles...
- Role of WNT/β-catenin signaling in rejuvenating myogenic differentiation of aged mesenchymal stem cells from cardiac patientsKeith R Brunt
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery and Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 181:2067-78. 2012..genes in the WNT/β-catenin signaling network and found that transcript levels of CTNNB1, LEF1, FZD8, WNT3A, and SFRP4 were negatively correlated with age, whereas FOSL1, LRP6, and FZD6 were positively correlated with age...
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling activates bone morphogenetic protein 2 expression in osteoblastsRongrong Zhang
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Bone 52:145-56. 2013..contrast, transcription of BMP2 in osteogenic cells was decreased by either blocking the Wnt pathway with DKK1 and sFRP4, or inhibiting β-catenin/TCF4 activity with FWD1/β-TrCP, ICAT, or ΔTCF4...
- Methylation of Wnt antagonist genes: a useful prognostic marker for myelodysplastic syndromeHong Wang
Department of Hematology, Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, No 188 Shi Zi Street, Suzhou, China
Ann Hematol 92:199-209. 2013..6 % for sFRP2, 43.1 % for sFRP4, 50.7 % for sFRP5, 44.4 % for DKK-1, and 69.4 % for DKK-3...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 reduces insulin secretion and is overexpressed in type 2 diabetesTaman Mahdi
Lund University Diabetes Centre, Lund University, 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Cell Metab 16:625-33. 2012..One of the module genes that was highly overexpressed in islets from T2D patients is SFRP4, which encodes secreted frizzled-related protein 4...
- MeCP2 modulates the canonical Wnt pathway activation by targeting SFRP4 in rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes in ratsCheng Gui Miao
School of Pharmacy, Anhui key laboratory of bioactivity of natural products, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China
Cell Signal 25:598-608. 2013..There were increased MeCP2 and decreased secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) in synovium as well as the FLS isolated from the synovium of RA rats...
- Association of Wnt2 and sFRP4 expression in the third trimester placenta in women with severe preeclampsiaZhan Zhang
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, No 7 Front Kangfu Street, Zhengzhou, Henan, China
Reprod Sci 20:981-9. 2013..However, published data regarding the association between Wnt pathway and PE in human pregnancy is rare...
- Effect of zoledronate on the responses of osteocytes to acute parathyroid hormoneShinichiro Kuroshima
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, 1011 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 92:576-85. 2013..We found that ZA treatment altered bone responses to PTH. Expression of Sfrp4, a Wnt antagonist, was significantly increased in ZA-affected osteocytes...
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling and adipogenic genes are associated with intramuscular fat content in the longissimus dorsi muscle of Korean cattleJ Y Jeong
Division of Animal Genomics and Bioinformatics, National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration, 564 Omockchun dong, Suwon, 441 706, Republic of Korea
Anim Genet 44:627-35. 2013..and CTNNB1 genes, whereas it increased the expression of the Wnt antagonist secreted frizzled-related proteins 4 (SFRP4, P < 0.001) and the adipogenic CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EPB), alpha (CEBPA, P < 0...
- Wnt-related genes and large-joint osteoarthritis: association study and replicationCarmen García-Ibarbia
Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital U M Valdecilla, IFIMAV, University of Cantabria, Av Valdecilla sn, 39008, Santander, Spain
Rheumatol Int 33:2875-80. 2013..SNPs were located in WNT1, WNT10A, WNT16, DVL2, FZD5, BCL9, SFRP1, TCF7L1 and SFRP4 genes...
- DDC-4, an apoptosis-associated gene, is a secreted frizzled relativeV Wolf
Department of Clinical Research, University of Berne, Switzerland
FEBS Lett 417:385-9. 1997..e. the ligand-binding domain, of the fizzled gene family originally defined as tissue polarity genes in Drosophila. The homology of Y81 clone 40 is most extensive with the newly described secreted frizzled relatives, the frzb subfamily...
- Radiation hybrid mapping of genes in the lithium-sensitive wnt signaling pathwayA R Rhoads
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Mol Psychiatry 4:437-42. 1999..axin, alpha-catenin, the Armadillo repeat-containing genes (delta-catenin and ARVCF), and a frizzled-like protein (frpHE) using the Stanford Human Genome Center (SHGC) G3 panel...
- Expression of secreted frizzled related proteins 3 and 4 in human ventricular myocardium correlates with apoptosis related gene expressionH Schumann
Molecular Biology Group, Medical Faculty of Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 45:720-8. 2000..On the basis of these considerations, the present investigation compares myocardial mRNA expression of sFRPs and the level of soluble beta-catenin in tissue samples from nonfailing and failing hearts...
- Expression of Wnt and Notch pathway genes in a pluripotent human embryonal carcinoma cell line and embryonic stem cellJames Walsh
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, United Kingdom
APMIS 111:197-210; discussion 210-1. 2003..FZD4, FZD5, FZD6), encoding receptors forWnt proteins, the Frizzled Related Protein family (SFRPI, SFRP2, FRZB, SFRP4), encoding solubleWnt antagonists and also ligands and receptors of the Notch pathway (Dlkl, Jaggedl; Notchl, ..
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 is a potent tumor-derived phosphaturic agentTheresa Berndt
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Invest 112:785-94. 2003..Thus, sFRP-4 displays phosphatonin-like properties, because it is a circulating protein that promotes phosphaturia and hypophosphatemia and blunts compensatory increases in 1alpha, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D...
- The phosphatonin pathway: new insights in phosphate homeostasisSusan C Schiavi
Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, Massachusetts 01701 9322, USA
Kidney Int 65:1-14. 2004..Future experiments should clarify their physiologic and pathologic roles in phosphate metabolism...
- Determination of genes involved in the early process of embryonic implantation in rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) by suppression subtractive hybridizationXiao yang Sun
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Biol Reprod 70:1365-73. 2004..To our knowledge, this is the first report to determine genes involved in the early implantation stage in the rhesus monkey with high throughput technology...
- Microarray profiling of progesterone-regulated endometrial genes during the rhesus monkey secretory phaseChristopher I Ace
Department of Physiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:54. 2004..Endometrial receptivity is a complex process that is spatially and temporally restricted and the identity of genes that regulate receptivity has been pursued by a number of investigators...
- The wrickkened pathways of FGF23, MEPE and PHEXPeter S N Rowe
Department of Periodontics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Mail Code 7894, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, Room 3 579U, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 15:264-81. 2004....
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 is silenced by hypermethylation and induces apoptosis in beta-catenin-deficient human mesothelioma cellsBiao He
Thoracic Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, 1600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Cancer Res 65:743-8. 2005..Here, we report that silencing of SFRP4 is correlated with promoter hypermethylation in beta-catenin-deficient mesothelioma cell lines...
- Morphological and transcriptional responses of untransformed intestinal epithelial cells to an oncogenic beta-catenin proteinYasuyoshi Naishiro
Chemotherapy Division and Cancer Proteomics Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Oncogene 24:3141-53. 2005..Those genes included known negative regulators of the Wnt signaling pathway, Sfrp4 and Axin2; extracellular matrix and related molecule, Hxb and Crtl1; cell adhesion and cytoskeletal proteins, ..
- Gene expression profiling of microsatellite unstable and microsatellite stable endometrial cancers indicates distinct pathways of aberrant signalingJohn I Risinger
Laboratory of Biosystems and Cancer, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 65:5031-7. 2005..In particular, we found evidence that two members of the secreted frizzled related protein family (SFRP1 and SFRP4) were more frequently down-regulated in MSI cancers as compared with MSS cancers...
- Mice null for Frizzled4 (Fzd4-/-) are infertile and exhibit impaired corpora lutea formation and functionMinnie Hsieh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1135-46. 2005..Expression of luteal cell-specific mRNAs (Lhcgr, Prlr, Cyp11a1 and Sfrp4) is reduced, luteal cell morphology is altered, and markers of angiogenesis and vascular formation (Efnb1, Efnb2, ..
- Phosphate diabetes, tubular phosphate reabsorption and phosphatoninsMichel Laroche
Rheumatology Department, Rangueil Teaching Hospital, Toulouse, France
Joint Bone Spine 72:376-81. 2005..may exist, such as matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein (MEPE) and secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4), whose role remains to be defined...
- CpG island methylation and expression of the secreted frizzled-related protein gene family in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaTe Hui Liu
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Division of Human Cancer Genetics, The Ohio State University, 420 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Res 66:653-8. 2006..Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4), a negative regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway, was found to be frequently methylated in CLL samples...
- WNT antagonist, DKK2, is a Notch signaling target in intestinal stem cells: augmentation of a negative regulation system for canonical WNT signaling pathway by the Notch-DKK2 signaling loop in primatesMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 19:197-201. 2007..region of genes encoding secreted WNT signaling inhibitors, including DKK1, DKK2, DKK3, DKK4, SFRP1, SFRP2, SFRP3, SFRP4, SFRP5 and WIF1...
- Evidence for a signaling axis by which intestinal phosphate rapidly modulates renal phosphate reabsorptionTheresa Berndt
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11085-90. 2007..Our experiments demonstrate the presence of a previously unrecognized phosphate gut-renal axis that rapidly modulates renal phosphate excretion after the intestinal administration of phosphate...
- Epigenetic dysregulation of Wnt signaling pathway in multiple myelomaC S Chim
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Leukemia 21:2527-36. 2007..We studied the activity of Wnt signaling and the methylation status of WIF1, DKK3, APC, SFRP1, SFRP2, SFRP4 and SFRP5 by methylation-specific PCR in myeloma cell lines and primary myeloma samples...
- Dnmt3b promotes tumorigenesis in vivo by gene-specific de novo methylation and transcriptional silencingHeinz G Linhart
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Genes Dev 21:3110-22. 2007..expression of Igf2 as well as methylation and transcriptional silencing of the tumor suppressor genes Sfrp2, Sfrp4, and Sfrp5...
- DNA methylation profiles of gastric carcinoma characterized by quantitative DNA methylation analysisGyeong Hoon Kang
Department of Pathology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Lab Invest 88:161-70. 2008..We identified 17 novel methylation markers in GC, including SFRP4, SEZ6L, TWIST1, BCL2, KL, TERT, SCGB3A1, IGF2, GRIN2B, SFRP5, DLEC1, HOXA1, CYP1B1, SMAD9, MT1G, NR3C1, and HOXA10...
- Differential effects of secreted frizzled-related proteins (sFRPs) on osteoblastic differentiation of mouse mesenchymal cells and apoptosis of osteoblastsSun Wook Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yungun Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:399-405. 2008..In conclusion, we found that different repertoires of sFRPs exert differential effects on osteoblastic differentiation of mouse mesenchymal cells and cellular apoptosis of mouse osteoblasts in vitro...
- Dolores M Shoback; Fiscal Year: 2015..the inhibitory G protein (Gi) is itself inhibited by overexpression of pertussis toxin, and the wnt inhibitor sFRP4 is deleted in a bone cell specific fashion will be examined for their impact on fracture healing per se, and on ..
- PHASE II CLINICAL TRAIL - AN EXPLORATORY STUDY TO IDENTIKaren Lu; Fiscal Year: 2000..Paraquine/Autocrine Pathway #1 - Wnt 5a, Wnt 2, Friz 5, Friz 7, sFRP1, sFRP4, APC, beta-catenin C. Paraquine/Autocrine Pathway #2 - IGF-1, IGF-2, IGFBP-3, IGFBP-5, IGFBPR-1 D...
- THE PHYSIOLOGY AND METABOLISM OF VITAMIN DRajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results of this investigation could lead to a better understanding of the pathogenesis of bone diseases and the formulation of new therapeutic strategies in disorders such as hyperparathyroidism and osteoporosis. ..
- THE STRUCTURE OF CALBINDIN-D28KRajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..These findings will potentially be of significance in the understanding of neurodegenerative disorders, cerebellar function and long-term hippocampal potentiation. ..
- Biology of a Novel Phosphaturic Protein - sFRP-4Rajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our findings will have important implications with respect to Pi homeostasis, bone mineralization in mammals and humans, and the regulation of ion transport through Wnt signaling in the kidney. ..
- EXPRESSION AND STRUCTURE OF THE CALCIUM SENSING RECEPTORRajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, this information will serve as the basis for more extensive experiments involving the structure of the full-length receptor. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hyperoxaluria and Nephrolithiasis After Gastric Bypass Surgery for ObesityRajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we will study why these complications occur and we will develop ways in which to prevent kidney stones and loss of kidney function after gastric bypass surgery. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATIOIN OF RENAL PHOSPHATE EXCRETION AND VITAMIN D METABOLISM BY FGF 7Rajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..The interaction between the FGF 7 and other PTNs will be clarified. Such information will significantly enhance our knowledge of mineralization processes and Pi homeostasis. ..