Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEMG1
Description: semenogelin I
Alias: CT103, SEMG, SGI, dJ172H20.2, semenogelin-1, SgI-29, cancer/testis antigen 103, semen coagulating protein
Publications214 found, 100 shown here
- A test of two training interventions to prevent work-related musculoskeletal disorders of the upper extremityJulia Faucett
University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Appl Ergon 33:337-47. 2002..The first intervention, Muscle Learning Therapy (MLT), used electromyographic (sEMG) feedback and operant conditioning to decrease muscle tension during complex work tasks...
- Continuous wavelet transform in the evaluation of stretch reflex responses from surface EMGRichardson N Leao
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Neurosci Methods 133:115-25. 2004This is the first reported use of the continuous wavelet transform (CWT) of the surface EMG (sEMG) to extract the reflex response to muscle stretch...
- Management of stress urinary incontinence with surface electromyography-assisted biofeedback in women of reproductive ageMariana T Rett
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Phys Ther 87:136-42. 2007....
- High-density surface EMG study on the time course of central nervous and peripheral neuromuscular changes during 8 weeks of bed rest with or without resistive vibration exerciseE R Mulder
Institute for Fundamental and Clinical Human Movement Sciences, The Netherlands
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 19:208-18. 2009..Prior to, and seven times during bed rest, we recorded high-density surface electromyogram (sEMG) signals from the vastus lateralis muscle during isometric knee extension exercise at a range of contraction ..
- A global analysis of genetic interactions in Caenorhabditis elegansAlexandra B Byrne
Department of Medical Genetics and Microbiology, The Terrence Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research, 160 College St, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, M5S 3E1, Canada
J Biol 6:8. 2007..Here, we describe a reliable high-throughput approach capable of revealing both weak and strong genetic interactions in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans...
- Isolation and characterization of the major gel proteins in human semen, semenogelin I and semenogelin IIJ Malm
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 238:48-53. 1996..The absorption coefficients (280 nm, 1%, 1 cm) for semenogelins I and II were 5.5 and 5.4, respectively, and the isoelectric point was above pH 9.5 for both proteins...
- Characterization of prostate-specific antigen proteolytic activity on its major physiological substrate, the sperm motility inhibitor precursor/semenogelin IM Robert
Urology Research Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biochemistry 36:3811-9. 1997..of the major human seminal protein, the seminal plasma motility inhibitor precursor/semenogelin I (SPMIP/SgI), which is the predominant protein component of human semen coagulum...
- Semenogelin I: a coagulum forming, multifunctional seminal vesicle proteinM Robert
Chugai Research Institute for Molecular Medicine, Inc, Ibaraki, Japan
Cell Mol Life Sci 55:944-60. 1999Human seminal plasma spontaneously coagulates after ejaculation. The major component of this coagulum is semenogelin 1, a 52-kDa protein expressed exclusively in the seminal vesicles...
- Involvement of semenogelin-derived peptides in the antibacterial activity of human seminal plasmaFrédéric Bourgeon
GERM INSERM U 435, Campus de Beaulieu, Universite de Rennes I, 35042 Rennes Cedex, Bretagne, France
Biol Reprod 70:768-74. 2004....
- Evolution of the hominoid semenogelin genes, the major proteins of ejaculated semenMichael I Jensen-Seaman
Department of Ecology and Evolution, University of Chicago, 1101 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Mol Evol 57:261-70. 2003..Here we examine the molecular evolution of the semenogelin genes (SEMG1 and SEMG2), which code for the predominant structural proteins in human semen...
- Association of eppin with semenogelin on human spermatozoaZengjun Wang
Laboratories for Reproductive Biology and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Biol Reprod 72:1064-70. 2005....
- The major bactericidal activity of human seminal plasma is zinc-dependent and derived from fragmentation of the semenogelinsAnneli M L Edström
Division of Infection Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Immunol 181:3413-21. 2008..These data provide novel roles for the resolution of seminal clots and for the high zinc concentration in human seminal plasma...
- Analysis of recombinant human semenogelin as an inhibitor of human sperm motilityAnurag Mitra
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Laboratories for Reproductive Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7090, USA
Biol Reprod 82:489-96. 2010..in a protein complex on the human sperm surface that contains lactotransferrin, clusterin, and semenogelin (SEMG1)...
- Neuromuscular and biomechanical landing performance subsequent to ipsilateral semitendinosus and gracilis autograft anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionGiampietro L Vairo
Department of Kinesiology, Athletic Training Research Laboratory, College of Health and Human Development, The Pennsylvania State University, 146 Recreation Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:2-14. 2008..Integrated surface electromyography (SEMG) assessments of the quadriceps, hamstrings and gastrocnemius musculature were also conducted...
- Evaluation of Applied Kinesiology meridian techniques by means of surface electromyography (sEMG): demonstration of the regulatory influence of antique acupuncture pointsRoy Moncayo
WOMED, Innsbruck, Austria
Chin Med 4:9. 2009..These acupoints belong to either the same meridian or related meridians. The aim of this study is to analyze muscle sedation and tonification by means of surface electromyography...
- Voltage-gated transient outward currents in neurons with different firing patterns in rat superior colliculusY Saito
Department of Integrative Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Physiol 528:91-105. 2000..with different firing patterns, regular-spiking, fast-spiking and late-spiking neurons, in the intermediate layer (SGI) of the superior colliculus using the whole-cell patch clamp technique in slice preparations obtained from young ..
- Surface electromyographic patterns of masticatory, neck, and trunk muscles in temporomandibular joint dysfunction patients undergoing anterior repositioning splint therapySimona Tecco
Department of Oral Science, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Pescara, Italy
Eur J Orthod 30:592-7. 2008The aim of this study was to investigate the surface electromyographic (sEMG) activity of neck, trunk, and masticatory muscles in subjects with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) internal derangement treated with anterior mandibular ..
- Maintaining constant voluntary force in generalized myotonia despite muscle membrane disturbances: insights from a high-density surface EMG studyGea Drost
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Institute of Neurology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Neurophysiol 21:114-23. 2004..Using high-density surface EMG (SEMG), the authors tested the hypothesis that in patients with GM, muscle membrane function is already disturbed at low ..
- Comparison of muscle activity associated with structural differences in dental hygiene mirrorsMelanie Simmer-Beck
Division of Dental Hygiene, University of Missouri Kansas City, USA
J Dent Hyg 80:8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to objectively evaluate dental mirror handle design using surface electromyography (sEMG) to compare muscle activity associated with grasping the mirror.
- Electromyographic reflex responses to mechanical force, manually assisted spinal manipulative therapyC J Colloca
Postdoctoral and Related Professional Education Department, Logan College of Chiropractic, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:1117-24. 2001..Surface electromyographic reflex responses associated with mechanical force, manually assisted (MFMA) spinal manipulative therapy were analyzed in this prospective clinical investigation of 20 consecutive patients with low back pain...
- The clinical usefulness of surface electromyography in the diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular disordersGary D Klasser
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry, Department of Oral Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:763-71. 2006This article presents a comprehensive review of the recent literature regarding the scientific support for the use of surface electromyography (SEMG) in diagnosing and treating temporomandibular disorders (TMDs).
- Cholinergic responses in crossed tecto-reticular neurons of rat superior colliculusThongchai Sooksawate
Dept of Physiology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Neurophysiol 100:2702-11. 2008Neurons in the intermediate gray layer (SGI) of mammalian superior colliculus (SC) receive cholinergic innervation from the brain stem parabrachial region, which seems to modulate the signal processing in the SC...
- Monte Carlo method for evaluating the effect of surface EMG measurement placement on motion recognition accuracyKentaro Nagata
Kanagawa Rehabilitation Institute, Japan
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:2583-6. 2009Surface electromyogram (SEMG) is one of the most important biological signal in which the human motion intention is directly reflected. Many systems use SEMG as a source of a control signal. (We call them "SEMG system")...
- Surface electromyography in preoperative evaluation and postoperative monitoring of Zenker's diverticulumMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Affiliated to Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Bat Yam, Israel
Dysphagia 21:14-20. 2006Patients with Zenker's diverticulum (ZD) underwent surface electromyography (sEMG) evaluation to determine sEMG patterns specific for ZD...
- Treatment of articulatory impairment in a child with spastic dysarthria associated with cerebral palsyJulie Marchant
Speech Research Laboratory, Department of Communication Disorders, The University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
Dev Neurorehabil 11:81-90. 2008..A comparative study of treatment modalities for improving articulation in a 13-year-old child with severe spastic dysarthria associated with spastic cerebral palsy (SCP) was conducted...
- Stiffness and neuromuscular reflex response of the human spine to posteroanterior manipulative thrusts in patients with low back painC J Colloca
Postdoctoral and Related Professional Education Department, Logan College of Chiropractic, St Louis, MO, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 24:489-500. 2001....
- The common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) has two very similar semenogelin genes as the result of gene conversionCamilla Valtonen-Andre
University Hospital MAS, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Biol Reprod 76:604-10. 2007..In primates, these seminal vesicle-secreted proteins are known as semenogelin I (SEMG1) and semenogelin II (SEMG2)...
- Lung function and surface electromyography of intercostal muscles in cement mill workersSultan A Meo
Department of Physiology, Hamdard College of Medicine and Dentistry, Hamdard University, Karachi, Pakistan
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 15:279-87. 2002..Therefore, in the present study spirometry and surface electromyography (SEMG) of intercostal muscles were used for indicating pulmonary impairment...
- Intranasal electromyography in evaluation of the nasal valveMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Rhinology 41:134-41. 2003The present study was performed to investigate the best way of using surface electromyography (sEMG) in evaluation of muscle involvement in nasal valve function...
- The effect of jaw position on measures of tongue strength and enduranceNancy Pearl Solomon
Army Audiology and Speech Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 47:584-94. 2004..Data signals included tongue pressure exerted on an air-filled bulb, surface electromyography (SEMG) from the superior tongue blade, and SEMG from 1 masseter...
- Evaluation of normal deglutition with the help of rectified surface electromyography recordsMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Dysphagia 19:125-32. 2004Surface electromyographic (sEMG) studies were performed on 300 normal adults to estimate normal values of sEMG records of muscle activity in the detection and evaluation of stages of normal swallowing...
- Surface electromyography of continuous drinking in healthy adultsMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, affiliated with the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Laryngoscope 115:68-73. 2005To give a description of normal surface electromyography (sEMG) aspects of uninterrupted (continuous) drinking and to establish normal sEMG values for swallowing 100 mL of water.
- Coactivation of the elbow antagonist muscles is not affected by the speed of movement in isokinetic exerciseIlenia Bazzucchi
Department of Human Movement and Sport Sciences, Istituto Universitario di Scienze Motorie, Piazza Lauro de Bosis 6, Rome, Italy
Muscle Nerve 33:191-9. 2006..Twelve men participated in the study. The surface electromyographic signals (sEMG) were recorded from the biceps brachii (BB) and triceps brachii (TB) muscles during three maximal voluntary ..
- The influence of tonsillitis on oral and throat muscles in childrenMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Affiliated to Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 33 Shapiro Street, Bat Yam 59561, Israel
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:891-8. 2006Surface electromyography (sEMG) studies were performed on 80 children with acute tonsillitis (AT) and 110 children with recurrent tonsillitis (RT), age 4-12 years, to trace sEMG changes of duration and amplitude of muscle activity during ..
- Muscle modifications in fibromyalgic patients revealed by surface electromyography (SEMG) analysisLaura Bazzichi
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, S Chiara Hospital, Pisa, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:36. 2009Several studies have been carried out in order to investigate surface electromyography (SEMG) response on fibromyalgic (FM) patients...
- Malingering dysphagia and odynophagia electromyographic assessmentMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Affiliated to Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am J Otolaryngol 30:318-23. 2009The article discusses the usefulness and investigation technique of suspected malingering dysphagia/odynophagia by surface electromyography (sEMG) of deglutition.
- Intraoperative neurophysiologic spinal cord monitoring in thoracolumbar burst fracturesAlfredo T Castellon
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Santa Casa de Misericórdia de São Paulo SCMSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:2662-8. 2009..Clinical prospective cohort study in academic tertiary setting...
- [Study on surface electromyography characteristics of human upper limb during daily living activities]Haiyan Song
College of Packaging and Printing Engineering, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin 300222, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 26:1177-80. 2009This study on the surface electromyography (sEMG) characteristics of human upper limb during the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) was aimed to deliberate over the precise evaluation index for the muscle function of human upper limb, and ..
- A circuit model for saccadic suppression in the superior colliculusPenphimon Phongphanphanee
National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Neurosci 31:1949-54. 2011..GABAergic neurons in the intermediate, premotor, layer (SGI), stratum griseum intermedium, send an inhibitory input to SL...
- [Laboratory study of surface electromyography and electrocardiogram in assessing dynamic workload]Zheng lun Wang
MOE Key Lab of Environmental and Occupational Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 26:707-10. 2008To investigate the use of surface electromyography (sEMG) and electrocardiogram (ECG) in evaluation of dynamic workload.
- Biofeedback training of nasal muscles using internal and external surface electromyography of the noseMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Otolaryngol 26:302-7. 2005..The present study was performed to investigate the best way of using surface electromyography (sEMG) in biofeedback training of muscles involved in nasal valve function...
- Regulation of burst activity through presynaptic and postsynaptic GABA(B) receptors in mouse superior colliculusKatsuyuki Kaneda
Department of Developmental Physiology, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
J Neurosci 28:816-27. 2008..gray layer (SGS) of the superior colliculus (SC) induces EPSC bursts in neurons in the intermediate gray layer (SGI) when GABA(A) receptor (GABA(A)R)-mediated inhibition is reduced...
- Surface electromyography as a screening method for evaluation of dysphagia and odynophagiaMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Affiliated to Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Head Face Med 5:9. 2009..The article analyzes various instrumental methods of dysphagia assessment, introduces surface electromyography (sEMG) to carry out rapid assessment of such patients, and debates proposed suggestions for sEMG screening protocol in ..
- Classification of localized muscle fatigue with genetic programming on sEMG during isometric contractionM R Al-Mulla
University of Essex, School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester CO43SQ, United Kingdom
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:2633-8. 2009..a solution that can classify localized muscle fatigue from filtered and rectified surface electromyography (sEMG). The GP has two classification phases, the GP training phase and a GP testing phase...
- Dissociation between mechanical and myoelectrical manifestation of muscle fatigue in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisM Sanjak
Department of Neurology, H 6 577 ALS Clinical Research Center, Medical School, University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53799, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 5:26-32. 2004..in mechanical force output, and from the compression in the power spectrum obtained from surface electromyogram (sEMG)...
- Relation between cervical posture on lateral skull radiographs and electromyographic activity of masticatory muscles in caucasian adult women: a cross-sectional studyS Tecco
Department of Oral Science, University G D Annunzio, Chieti and Pescara, Italy
J Oral Rehabil 34:652-62. 2007..the association between cervical posture on lateral skull radiographs and surface electromyographic recordings (sEMG) of head and neck muscles. The sample comprised 40 Caucasian adult females, average age 26...
- Effects of myogenous facial pain on muscle activity of head and neckA Monaco
Department of Gnatology and Prostethic Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of L Aquila, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:767-73. 2010This study evaluated the effects of visual input on surface electromyography (sEMG) of some stomathognatic and neck muscles (anterior temporalis, masseter, anterior digastric and sternocleidomastoid muscles) in patients experiencing ..
- Electromyography in evaluation of pain after different types of tonsillectomy: prospective randomized studyMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Affiliated to Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Zeriffin, Israel
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 69:256-64. 2007Combined surface electromyography (sEMG) and visual analogue scale (VAS) pain assessment was performed on randomly assigned adults following tonsillectomy to research the effect of fibrin sealant (Group 1, n = 25), CO(2) laser (Group 2, n ..
- Cytoadherence and genotype of Plasmodium falciparum strains from symptomatic children in Franceville, southeastern GabonFousseyni S Toure
Centre International de Recherches, Médicales de Franceville, BP 769 Franceville, Gabon
Clin Med Res 5:106-13. 2007..This sequestration results from PRBC adherence to vascular endothelial cells via erythrocyte membrane protein 1, a variant parasite surface antigen...
- The electrodiagnostic examination of psychogenic swallowing disordersMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zeriffin, Israel
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:663-8. 2008..the usefulness and technique of investigation of suspected psychogenic dysphagia by surface electromyography (sEMG) of deglutition...
- Estimation of postsynaptic potentials in rat hypoglossal motoneurones: insights for human workK S Türker
Discipline of Physiology, School of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
J Physiol 551:419-31. 2003..in motoneurones include spike-triggered averages of rectified surface and multiunit electromyographic recordings (SEMG and MU-EMG), as well as the compilation of peristimulus time histograms (PSTH) based on the discharge of single ..
- Chronic neck pain disability due to an acute whiplash injuryMarc J Nederhand
Roessingh, Research and Development, Roessinghsbleekweg 33, 7500 AH, Enschede, The Netherlands
Pain 102:63-71. 2003..Studies using surface electromyography (sEMG) have demonstrated abnormal muscle activation patterns of the upper trapezius muscles in the chronic stage of WAD (..
- Angle- and velocity-specific alterations in torque and semg activity of the quadriceps and hamstrings during isokinetic extension-flexion movementsR V Croce
Motor Control and Biomechanics Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol 46:83-100. 2006..70 degrees [L55], and 75 degrees - 90 degrees [L75]) on peak torque (PT) parameters and surface electromyography (SEMG) of the knee-joint muscles during reciprocal isokinetic extension and flexion movements...
- Identification of swallowing events from sEMG Signals Obtained from Healthy AdultsMichael A Crary
Department of Communicative Disorders, University of Florida Health Science Center, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0174, USA
Dysphagia 22:94-9. 2007Surface electromyography (sEMG) is being used with increasing frequency to identify the occurrence of swallowing, to describe swallow physiology, and to treat impaired swallowing function in dysphagic patients...
- The surface EMG-force relationship during isometric dorsiflexion in males and femalesS A Lenhardt
Department of Physical Education and Kinesiology, Brock University, St Catharines, ON, Canada L2S 3A1
Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol 49:227-34. 2009This study compared the tibialis anterior (TA) surface electromyographic (sEMG) to force relationship for males and females...
- Peak and average rectified EMG measures: which method of data reduction should be used for assessing core training exercises?A E Hibbs
University of Teesside, UK
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 21:102-11. 2011..Although surface electromyography (sEMG) is used to quantify muscle activity there is a lack of research using this method to investigate the core ..
- Kinetics of membrane damage to high (HNA) and low (LNA) nucleic acid bacterial clusters in drinking water by ozone, chlorine, chlorine dioxide, monochloramine, ferrate(VI), and permanganateMaaike K Ramseier
Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Ueberlandstrasse 133, CH 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
Water Res 45:1490-500. 2011..Membrane damage was measured by flow cytometry using a combination of SYBR Green I and propidium iodide (SGI+PI) staining as indicator for cells with permeabilized membranes and SGI alone to measure total cell concentration...
- Relating clinical and neurophysiological assessment of spasticity by machine learningB Zupan
Department of Intelligent Systems, Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Med Inform 49:243-51. 1998..of altered motor control may be achieved by using a comprehensive protocol based on a surface electromyographic (sEMG) activity recorded from thigh and leg muscles...
- Surface EMG analysis on normal subjects based on isometric voluntary contractionP A Kaplanis
Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, Nicosia, Cyprus
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 19:157-71. 2009The objective of this study was to compute reference SEMG values for normal subjects of 13 parameters extracted in the time, frequency and bispectrum domain, from the Biceps Brachii (BB) muscle generated under isometric voluntary ..
- A new class of quinoline-based DNA hypomethylating agents reactivates tumor suppressor genes by blocking DNA methyltransferase 1 activity and inducing its degradationJharna Datta
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Res 69:4277-85. 2009..Here, we report that a quinoline-based compound, designated SGI-1027, inhibits the activity of DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B as well M...
- Task-dependent differences in corticobulbar excitability of the submental motor projections: Implications for neural control of swallowingSebastian H Doeltgen
Department of Communication Disorders, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
Brain Res Bull 84:88-93. 2011..For each subject, in all three conditions, TMS was triggered when submental surface EMG (sEMG) reached 75% of the mean maximal submental sEMG amplitude measured during 10 volitional swallows...
- Treatment of post-stroke dysphagia by vitalstim therapy coupled with conventional swallowing trainingWenguang Xia
Department of Neurology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 31:73-6. 2011..Prior to and after the treatment, signals of surface electromyography (sEMG) of swallowing muscles were detected, swallowing function was evaluated by using the Standardized Swallowing ..
- SEMG signal analysis at acupressure points for elbow movementHardeep S Ryait
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, BBSBEC, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 21:868-76. 2011Surface electromyography signals (SEMG) are the most common form of non-invasive-measurement of muscle activities...
- An examination of surface EMG for the assessment of muscle tension dysphoniaEvelyne Van Houtte
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
J Voice 27:177-86. 2013..Surface electromyography (sEMG) was used to investigate differences in extralaryngeal muscles' tension in patients with MTD compared with normal ..
- Biomechanical events of swallowing are determined more by bolus consistency than by age or genderLenie van den Engel-Hoek
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Department of Rehabilitation, P O Box 9101, local address 818, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Physiol Behav 106:285-90. 2012..To this end, the duration and mean amplitude value (MAV) of surface electromyography (sEMG) of the submental muscle group (SMG) activity, the maximum anterior tongue pressure (ATP), and the rise and release ..
- [Application of surface electromyography in the treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis with traditional spinal balanced therapy]Hong Gen Du
Department of Manipulation, Zhejiang Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou 310006, Zhejiang, China
Zhongguo Gu Shang 26:914-7. 2013To evaluate the values of surface electromyography (sEMG) in the treatment of adolescent idiophathic scoliosis (AIS) with non-surgical therapy.
- Characterization of semenogelin II and its molecular interaction with prostate-specific antigen and protein C inhibitorH Kise
Department of Molecular Pathobiology, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu City, Japan
Eur J Biochem 238:88-96. 1996....
- Effect of ketoprofen on muscle function and sEMG activity after eccentric exerciseS P Sayers
Department of Exercise Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:702-10. 2001..This study examined whether ketoprofen, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, attenuated muscle soreness (SOR), improved maximal isometric force (MIF) recovery, and/or altered myoelectric activity after high-force eccentric exercise...
- Surface electromyographic studies of swallowing in normal children, age 4-12 yearsMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Affiliated to Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 68:65-73. 2004Surface electromyographic (sEMG) studies were performed on 100 normal children, age 4-12 years, to establish normative database for duration and amplitude of muscle activity during swallowing and continuous drinking.
- Knee muscular response strategies differ by developmental level but not gender during jump landingR V Croce
University of New Hampshire s Applied Biomechanics and Motor Control Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol 44:339-48. 2004..and biceps femoris; HAMS) muscular activation patterns via the root mean square of surface electromyography (SEMG) during self-initiated vertical jump landing...
- The effects of upright and slumped postures on the recall of positive and negative thoughtsVietta E Wilson
Department of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 29:189-95. 2004..Surface electromyography (sEMG) of zygomaticus major, heart rate, and respiratory rate were assessed across four 1-min counterbalanced conditions ..
- Surface electromyography diagnostics in women with partial vaginismus with or without vulvar vestibulitis and in asymptomatic womenMaria Engman
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 25:281-94. 2004..partial vaginismus (PaV) and vulvar vestibulitis (VVS) and to discover to what extent surface electromyography (sEMG) of the pelvic floor muscles (PFM) can distinguish between women with PaV solely, PaV+ VVS, and asymptomatic women...
- Neural adaptations to resistive exercise: mechanisms and recommendations for training practicesDavid A Gabriel
Department of Physical Education and Kinesiology, Brock University, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Sports Med 36:133-49. 2006..The use of surface electromyographic (SEMG) techniques reveal that strength gains in the early phase of a training regimen are associated with an increase in ..
- Physiological characteristics of motor units in the brachioradialis muscle across fatiguing low-level isometric contractionsKristina M Calder
School of Rehabilitation Therapy, Motor Performance Laboratory, Louise D Acton Building, 31 George Street, Queen s University, Kingston, Ont, Canada K7L 3N6
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 18:2-15. 2008..associated with muscle fatigue, (ii) if any detected changes are correlated with surface electromyographic (SEMG) signs of fatigue, and (iii) if significant fatigue-dependent changes are repeatable within individuals...
- Development of the hand motion recognition system based on surface EMG using suitable measurement channels for pattern recognitionKentaro Nagata
Kanagawa Rehabilitation Institute, Japan
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:5214-7. 2007Conventional research on motion recognition using surface electromyogram (SEMG) is mainly focused on how to process with the signals for pattern recognition...
- Hominoid seminal protein evolution and ancestral mating behaviorSarah J Carnahan
Department of Biological Sciences, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Am J Primatol 70:939-48. 2008..DNA sequence of the coding regions was also obtained for one eastern lowland gorilla at the semenogelin genes (SEMG1 and SEMG2), which code for the predominant proteins in semen...
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine evidenced-based review: use of surface electromyography in the diagnosis and study of neuromuscular disordersGregg D Meekins
Department of Neurology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Muscle Nerve 38:1219-24. 2008Surface electromyography (sEMG) measures myoelectrical signals recorded from sensors placed on the skin surface. The non-invasive nature of sEMG makes it a potentially useful technology for studying diseases of muscle and nerve...
- Classification of low-level finger contraction from single channel surface EMGVijay Pal Singh
Bio signal Lab, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University, Vic, Australia
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2008:2900-3. 2008..technique to identify very low level finger flexion by the classification of single channel surface electromyogram (sEMG)...
- Surface EMG based muscle fatigue evaluation in biomechanicsMario Cifrek
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb, Unska 3, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 24:327-40. 2009..three decades it has become quite common to evaluate local muscle fatigue by means of surface electromyographic (sEMG) signal processing...
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment outcomes in women with and without provoked vestibulodynia and the impact of a physical therapy programEvelyne Gentilcore-Saulnier
School of Rehabilitation Therapy, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L3N6, Canada
J Sex Med 7:1003-22. 2010..Physical therapy (PT) may reduce the pain associated with provoked vestibulodynia (PVD) based on previous findings that pelvic floor muscle dysfunction (PFMD) is associated with PVD symptoms...
- Phenomenological dimensions of sensory gatingWilliam P Hetrick
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 1101 East Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Schizophr Bull 38:178-91. 2012..a psychometrically sound self-report rating scale to capture these dimensions, the Sensory Gating Inventory (SGI)...
- Decoding subtle forearm flexions using fractal features of surface electromyogram from single and multiple sensorsSridhar Poosapadi Arjunan
Bio signals Lab, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Neuroeng Rehabil 7:53. 2010Identifying finger and wrist flexion based actions using a single channel surface electromyogram (sEMG) can lead to a number of applications such as sEMG based controllers for near elbow amputees, human computer interface (HCI) devices ..
- Electromyographic assessment of dexamethasone in treatment of post-tonsillectomy pain: randomized, placebo-controlled trialMichael Vaiman
Department of Otolaryngology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Am J Med Sci 341:469-73. 2011Surface electromyographic (sEMG) study of post-tonsillectomy swallow-evoked muscular reactions was performed to assess analgesic properties of dexamethasone.
- Effects of unilateral and bilateral lower-body heavy resistance exercise on muscle activity and testosterone responsesMargaret T Jones
Division of Health and Human Performance, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
J Strength Cond Res 26:1094-100. 2012..compare the effects of unilateral and bilateral lower-body HRE on muscle activity using surface electromyography (sEMG) and TES concentrations...
- Effects of transcutaneous electrical nervous stimulation on electromyographic and kinesiographic activity of patients with temporomandibular disorders: a placebo-controlled studyAnnalisa Monaco
University of L Aquila, Department of Health Sciences, L Aquila, Italy
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 22:463-8. 2012The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of a single 60 min TENS application on sEMG and kinesiographic activity in TMD patients in remission, and to assess the sEMG and kinesiographic effect of TENS in placebo and untreated ..
- An optimized method for tremor detection and temporal tracking through repeated second order moment calculations on the surface EMG signalCristiano De Marchis
Roma Tre University, Department of Applied Electronics, Via della Vasca Navale 84, 00146 Rome, Italy
Med Eng Phys 34:1268-77. 2012..A method based on the calculation of a Second Order Moment Function (SOMF) inside a window W sliding over the sEMG signal is here presented...
- Preferred sensor sites for surface EMG signal decompositionFarah Zaheer
Neuromuscular Research Center, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Physiol Meas 33:195-206. 2012..action potential trains have become more practical by the advent of a non-invasive methodology using surface EMG (sEMG) sensors placed on the skin above the muscle of interest (De Luca et al 2006 J. Neurophysiol...
- Evaluation of muscle fatigue of wheelchair basketball players with spinal cord injury using recurrence quantification analysis of surface EMGS Uzun
School of Physical Education and Sport, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Appl Physiol 112:3847-57. 2012..muscular endurance and fatigue in wheelchair basketball athletes with SCI using surface electromyography (SEMG) and maximal torque values...
- Towards the chemoinformatic-based identification of DNA methyltransferase inhibitors: 2D- and 3D-similarity profile of screening librariesJakyung Yoo
Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies, 11350 SW Village Parkway, Port St Lucie, FL 34987, USA
Curr Comput Aided Drug Des 8:317-29. 2012..The quinolone-based compound, SGI-1027, is a promising inhibitor of DNMT1 with a distinct mode of action and it is an attractive starting point for ..
- Evaluation of novel algorithm embedded in a wearable sEMG device for seizure detectionIsa Conradsen
DTU Electrical Engineering, Kgs Lyngby
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:2048-51. 2012..algorithm for detection of generalized tonic-clonic seizures into a prototype wireless surface electromyography (sEMG) recording device...
- Region-specific myoelectric manifestations of fatigue in human rectus femoris muscleKohei Watanabe
School of International Liberal Studies, Chukyo University, Yagotohonmachi, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8666, Japan
Muscle Nerve 48:226-34. 2013..We aimed to clarify the possible region-specific myoelectric manifestations of fatigue within the RF muscle by using an advanced surface electromyography (SEMG) technique.
- Immediate electromyographic changes of the biceps brachii and upper rectus abdominis muscles due to the Pilates centring techniqueAlexandre Wesley Carvalho Barbosa
Department of Physiotherapy, Federal University of Jequitinhonha and Mucuri Valleys, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Bodyw Mov Ther 17:385-90. 2013To evaluate the electrical behaviour of the biceps brachii (BB) and upper rectus abdominis (URA) by surface electromyography (sEMG) during a forearm flexion with and without the Pilates centring technique.
- Muscle activity during stance phase of walking: comparison of males with transfemoral amputation with osseointegrated fixations to nondisabled male volunteersAnnette Pantall
College of Osteopathic Medicine, Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Michigan State University, 965 Fee Road, East Lansing, MI 48824 1316, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 50:499-514. 2013..Ground reaction force (GRF), lower-limb kinematics, and surface electromyography (sEMG) from residual-limb muscles were recorded...
- Locomotor step training with body weight support improves respiratory motor function in individuals with chronic spinal cord injuryDaniela Terson de Paleville
Department of Exercise Physiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 189:491-7. 2013..FEV1/, maximum inspiratory pressure /PImax/, maximum expiratory pressure /PEmax/) and surface electromyographic (sEMG) measures of respiratory muscles activity during respiratory tasks were obtained from eight individuals with ..
- A Brain Motor Control Assessment (BMCA) protocol for upper limb functionMaryam Zoghi
Department of Medicine Royal Melbourne Hospital, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e79483. 2013The Brain Motor Control Assessment (BMCA) protocol is a surface electromyography (sEMG)-based measure of motor output from central nervous system during a variety of reflex and voluntary motor tasks performed under strictly controlled ..
- Clinical efficacy and sEMG analysis of a new traditional Chinese medicine therapy in the treatment of spasticity following apoplectic hemiparalysisWenzong Zhu
Department of Neurology Rehabilitation, Wenzhou Chinese Medicine Hospital, Wenzhou, 325000, China
Acta Neurol Belg 114:125-9. 2014To investigate the clinical effect and surface electromyography (sEMG) of rehabilitation exercise therapy in combination with total glucosides form Shaoyao Gancao decoction in treating spasticity after apoplectic hemiparalysis...
- Diagnostic accuracy of the electromyography parameters associated with anterior knee pain in the diagnosis of patellofemoral pain syndromeDeisi Ferrari
Physical Therapy Department, School of Science and Technology, University of Sao Paulo State, Presidente Prudente, SP, Brazil Bioengineering Postgraduate Program, Sao Carlos School of Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 95:1521-6. 2014To assess the diagnostic accuracy of the surface electromyography (sEMG) parameters associated with referred anterior knee pain in diagnosing patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS).
- Evaluation of forensic examination of extremely aged seminal stainsHiroaki Nakanishi
Department of Forensic Medicine, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan Department of Forensic Medicine, Saitama Medical University, 38 Morohongo, Moroyama, Saitama 350 0495, Japan Electronic address
Leg Med (Tokyo) 16:303-7. 2014..In addition, the mRNA levels of the semen-specific proteins semenogelin 1 (SEMG1) and protamine 2 (PRM2) were investigated...
- Decomposition of surface EMG signals from cyclic dynamic contractionsCarlo J De Luca
Neuromuscular Research Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Neurology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts Department of Physical Therapy, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts and Delsys, Natick, Massachusetts
J Neurophysiol 113:1941-51. 2015..In this report, we describe a successful approach to decomposing the surface EMG (sEMG) signal collected from cyclic (repeated concentric and eccentric) dynamic contractions during flexion/extension of ..
- Salsalate has no effect on insulin secretion but decreases insulin clearance: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial in subjects without diabetesA Penesova
Obesity and Diabetes Clinical Research Section, Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, NIDDK, NIH, DHHS, Phoenix, AZ, USA Centre of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Diabetes Obes Metab 17:608-12. 2015..secretion rate (ISR) or to reduced metabolic clearance of endogenous insulin (MCI) during stepped glucose infusion (SGI)...
- The PIM inhibitor AZD1208 synergizes with ruxolitinib to induce apoptosis of ruxolitinib sensitive and resistant JAK2-V617F-driven cells and inhibit colony formation of primary MPN cellsLucia Mazzacurati
Department of Molecular Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Oncotarget 6:40141-57. 2015..We treated JAK2-V617F-dependent MPN model cells as well as primary MPN patient cells with the PIM kinase inhibitors SGI-1776 and AZD1208 and the JAK2 inhibitor ruxolitinib...
- LAUREN HART HAMMER; Fiscal Year: 2015..in activities of daiy living, but cannot be performed by amputees using clinical surface electromyography (sEMG) based neural interfaces (myoelectric control)...
- A Wireless-Sensor System for Reliable Recordings during Vigorous Muscle ActivitieGianluca De Luca; Fiscal Year: 2012..The system will consist of wireless sensors which combine surface electromyographic (sEMG) and accelerometer (ACC) signal detection, and a hip module for acquiring these data...
- Treatment of Dysphagia Using the Mendelsohn ManeuverGARY MCCULLOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2004..will receive two weeks of treatment using the Mendelsohn maneuver in conjunction with surface electromyography (SEMG) biofeedback [followed by two weeks of no treatment (BBAA)]...
- Wearable muscle fiber excitation system for preventing blood clotBERTRAM NWORAH EZENWA; Fiscal Year: 2013..MFES excitation stimuli cause greater muscular electrical activities by comparing surface muscle electromyogram (SEMG) with and without stimuli delivery, and B) determine if lower limb blood flow is more due to MFES stimuli delivery ..
- Non-Invasive System for Identifying Motoneuron BehaviorGianluca De Luca; Fiscal Year: 2013..the commercial development of an innovative technology for recording and decomposing the surface electromyographic (sEMG) signal into its constituent motor unit action potentials (motoneuron firings)...
- RICHARD FERGUS FFRENCH WEIR; Fiscal Year: 2015..While surface myoelectric (SEMG) sensing has been used for control of clinically-deployed myoelectric upper-limb prostheses, the use of multiple ..
- Predictors of Progression from Barrett's Esophagus to esophageal adenocarcinomaBrian J Reid; Fiscal Year: 2010..from BE to EA (Aim 1);(2) the rate of evolution of SGA over time, which we term somatic genomic instability (SGI), will differentiate between persons at high and low risk of developing EA (Aim 2);and (3) SGI and its effect on ..
- Judith Jansen; Fiscal Year: 2016..Medicine (ASRM), the Society of Reproduction and Fertility (SRF), and the Society for Gynecological Investigation (SGI) will emphasize recent reproductive health care advances...
- RICHARD THOMAS LAUER; Fiscal Year: 2015..a disturbance to the visual flow field, and a combined disturbance of the two on the surface electromyographic (sEMG) activity of lower limb and trunk muscles using wavelet analyses...
- SGI Annual Meeting: Fostering a Multidisciplinary Approach to Research in Women'Kelle H Moley; Fiscal Year: 2013..and researchers involved in reproductive biology and medicine, the Society for Gynecologic Investigation (SGI) plays a critical role in addressing these issues and providing a forum for exchange of ideas, presentation of the ..
- INTEGRATED EM-IMMUNOLABELING INSTRUMENTATIONKathryn Howell; Fiscal Year: 2001..Comparable instruments are not currently available at the Health Sciences Center. The group of scientist on this SGI has a history of collegial interactions, a background that argues well for the successful sharing of the ..
- SGI Annual Meeting: Fostering a Multidiscipinary Approach to Research in Women'sKelle Moley; Fiscal Year: 2009..and researchers involved in reproductive biology and medicine, the Society for Gynecologic Investigation (SGI) must play a major role in addressing these issues and providing a forum for exchange of ideas, presentation of the ..
- High End Computing Resource for Large Memory Data-intensive Biomedical ApplicatioDarrin M York; Fiscal Year: 2010..The HEC solution is based on a 1,152-core/2.3TB SMP SGI Ultraviolet (UV) server and Virtu VN200 visualization nodes with Infinite Storage 4600 disk arrays having 32 TB ..
- 3-D FLOW FIELDS IN CARDIOVASCULAR FLUID MECHANICSAjit Yoganathan; Fiscal Year: 1992..items: (i) a three dimensional, fiber optic, laser Doppler velocimeter (LDV); and (ii) a Silicon Graphics Iris (SGI) 4D/380 GTX Power System Computer...
- Placenta Association of the Americas Conference GrantNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..These meetings will continue as satellite meetings to the SGI from 2003 through 2007. The PAA is also planning a stand-alone meeting in September 2004 (PAA2004, Sept 25-29)...
- Use of the Internet for Nurse EducationJorge Ruiz; Fiscal Year: 2001..This project will be undertaken by investigators affiliated with the Stein Gerontological Institute (SGI), the academic arm of MJHHA...
- TEMPORAL AND IMPULSIVE CHARACTERISTICS OF HAND TOOLSMartin Cherniack; Fiscal Year: 2001..major classes of mechanoreceptors of the fingertip - SAI, FAI, FAII- and changes in the surface electromyogram (SEMG)...
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE MOLECULAR MODELING AND GRAPHICS SYSTEMGARY GRUNEWALD; Fiscal Year: 1991..This request is for a Silicon Graphics IRIS (SGI) cluster comprising an eight- CPU server (with graphics capability) and a satellite high-performance graphics ..
- CORTICAL SURFACE BASED BRAIN IMAGINGAnders Dale; Fiscal Year: 2002..The software tools will be ported to several platforms, including SGI, Sun and PC (Linux), in order to facilitate their dissemination to the wider scientific community.
- DISTRIBUTED GRAPHICS SUPERCOMPUTING FOR NEUROINFORMATICSArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2001..The equipment package selected is compatible with and fully leverages an existing SGI Onyx2 graphics supercomputer...
- Placenta Association of the Americas satellite meetingNICHOLAS ILLSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting will take place from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm in the SGI conference hotel, the Century Plaza in Los Angeles, CA...
- PURCHASE OF SGI WORKSTATIONS AND MULTIPROCESSOR SERVERDavid Brant; Fiscal Year: 2000..UCI has made a significant long-term funding commitment to excellence in computational chemistry research and instructions through the salary of the Facility Manager. ..
- GENE EXPRESSION OF P AERUGINOSA DURING BIOFILM DEVELOPMEMichael Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2004..The goals of this proposal are designed to: (i) characterize the products of these surface-growth induced genes (sgi), (ii) determine the survival advantage imparted by sgis during biofilm development, and (ii) identify other ..
- QUANTUM CHEMISTRY SOFTWARE FOR PARALLEL COMPUTERSJing Kong; Fiscal Year: 2000..this package will be capable of running on both current and future parallel computers from major vendors such as SGI, IBM, HP, Sun and Compaq/DEC...
- 400 MHZ NMR WITH MICROPROBEBILLY DAY; Fiscal Year: 1999..variable temperature capability, Z-gradient capability, digital lock, 2H preamplifier for lock and 2H observe, SGI O2 host computer, and a 1H/13C microprobe for less than or equal to mu mol amounts of analytes...
- 32 processor SGI Onyx 3800 w/64 GB memory and 1 TB diskKevin Mayo; Fiscal Year: 2003..group of 14 major users from the University of Minnesota is requesting funds towards the purchase of a 32-processor SGI Onyx 3800 with the Infinite Reality 3 Graphics engine, 64 GB of memory (2 GB per processor) and 1 TB of fibre ..
- Acquisition of SGI Onyx 3400 SupercomputerSusan Wearne; Fiscal Year: 2002We propose to acquire an SGI Onyx 3400 supercomputer, capable of state-of-the-art performance in simulation, computation and visualization, to upgrade a well-established Computational Core facility, and to provide the basic computational ..
- ELASTIC/PLASTIC HUMAN JOINT COMPLIANCESERGE ROY; Fiscal Year: 2004..The fourth task examines the postural aspects of the central commands and the relatively little studied aspects of how the CNS controls the transition from movement to posture. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF POST-PROCESSING SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR MRSJEFFERY FREDERIKSEN; Fiscal Year: 2001..In Phase II, a global package will be developed for both SGI and Sun workstations...
- DEVELOPMENT OF POST-PROCESSING SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR MRSJEFFERY FREDERIKSEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..In Phase II, a global package will be developed for both SGI and Sun workstations...
- MS FOR HIGH THROUGHPUT PROTEIN IDENTIFICATIONKathryn Howell; Fiscal Year: 2000..The group on this SGI has a history of collegial interactions, a background that argues well for the successful sharing of the ..
- THE CONNECTIONAL ORGANIZATION OF THE THALAMUSJOHN HARTING; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our findings will be incorporated into current models of basal ganglia circuits, which themselves have shortcomings that necessitate revisions and updating (Wichmann and DeLong 96). ..
- Wearable-Sensor System for Monitoring Motor FunctionCarlo J De Luca; Fiscal Year: 2010..The successful development of this technology will be transferred for commercial development with the financial assistance of the Massachusetts Community Technology Foundation. ..
- Hormone Mediated Knee Joint Laxity and NeuromechanicsSANDRA SHULTZ; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Non-Invasive System for Identifying Neural BehaviorCarlo De Luca; Fiscal Year: 2009..The project will develop an automatic system to accurately and quickly decompose the surface Electromyographic (sEMG) signal into its constituent action potentials and provide the timing of the firings of concurrently active motor ..
- Studies on the Eppin family of proteins on chromosome 20MICHAEL G O apos RAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..This aim will test the hypothesis that anti-Eppin antibodies disrupt Eppin's modulation of PSA activity. ..
- Studies of the Thalamic Reticular NucleusJOHN HARTING; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of the proposed experiments will elevate our understanding of the functional organization of the visual TRN and will provide the necessary basis for future functional studies ..
- HARNESSING MOTONEURON ACTIVITY: FROM LAB TO CLINICCarlo De Luca; Fiscal Year: 2004..As well as testing specific hypotheses, these studies will be used to test and improve the evolving design of the new decomposition system. ..
- Comorbidity of Mental Disorders and PainRobert Gatchel; Fiscal Year: 2008..This Award will enable me to maintain the momentum and clinical research advances of two previous consecutive K02 awards from NIMH. ..
- PREVENTING CO-MORBID MENTAL & PHYSICAL HEALTH DISABILITYRobert Gatchel; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will have implications for potentially significant healthcare cost savings for this highly prevalent co-morbid disability problem. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EARLY DETECTION AND PREVENTION OF CHRONIC PAIN DISABILITRobert Gatchel; Fiscal Year: 2003..These 3 research projects will explore the efficacy of early identification of "high risk" acute patients in order to provide biobehavioral treatment intervention, while simultaneously evaluating cost-effectiveness. ..
- CEREBRAL ORGANIZATION FOLLOWING COCHLEAR IMPLANTSTEPHEN LOMBER; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these studies will be directly applicable to clinical situations concerning the functional outcomes of cochlear implants in young children. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF fMRI COMPATIBLE REVERSIBLE DEACTIVATIONSTEPHEN LOMBER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such a development should have wide appeal and will greatly advance our ability to dissect functional circuits with fMRI. ..
- Assessment and Validation of Tongue Fatigue for SpeechNANCY SOLOMON; Fiscal Year: 2004..This aim will provide evidence to support the clinical relevance of the exacerbation of dysarthria by fatigue and further validate the constant-effort technique as an indicator of fatigue. ..
- ERPs in schizophrenia and alcohol dependenceWILLIAM HETRICK; Fiscal Year: 2003..Characterizing functional deficits across these measures in these groups will contribute to the identification of phenotypic subtypes, etiological mechanisms, and potential targets of treatment. ..
- AN EVALUATION AND TREATMENT STUDY OF TMDRobert Gatchel; Fiscal Year: 2004..The better understanding of such a mechanism can potentially yield even more effective assessment and treatment approaches for chronic pain syndromes such as TMD. ..