Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEMA7A
Description: semaphorin 7A (John Milton Hagen blood group)
Alias: CD108, CDw108, H-SEMA-K1, H-Sema-L, JMH, SEMAK1, SEMAL, semaphorin-7A, JMH blood group antigen, John Milton Hagen blood group H-Sema K1, john-Milton-Hargen human blood group Ag, sema K1, sema L, sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), and GPI membrane anchor, (semaphorin) 7A (JMH blood group), sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), and GPI membrane anchor, 7A, semaphorin 7A, GPI membrane anchor (John Milton Hagen blood group), semaphorin-K1, semaphorin-L
- Human semaphorin K1 is glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked and defines a new subfamily of viral-related semaphorinsX Xu
Exelixis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 273:22428-34. 1998..We report here on the identification of semaphorin K1 (sema K1), the first semaphorin known to be associated with cell surfaces via a glycosylphosphatidylinositol ..
- Structural basis of semaphorin-plexin recognition and viral mimicry from Sema7A and A39R complexes with PlexinC1Heli Liu
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cell 142:749-61. 2010..b>Sema7A acts as both an immune and a neural Semaphorin through PlexinC1, and A39R is a Sema7A mimic secreted by smallpox ..
- Semaphorin 7a promotes spreading and dendricity in human melanocytes through beta1-integrinsGlynis A Scott
Department of Dermatology and Pathology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14618, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:151-61. 2008..In this study, we describe the function of Semaphorin 7a, a membrane-bound Semaphorin known to stimulate neurite outgrowth, on human melanocytes...
- Semaphorin 7A initiates T-cell-mediated inflammatory responses through alpha1beta1 integrinKazuhiro Suzuki
Department of Molecular Immunology and CREST Program of JST, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 446:680-4. 2007..b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A; also known as CD108), which is a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored semaphorin, promotes axon ..
- The molecular diversity of Sema7A, the semaphorin that carries the JMH blood group antigensAxel Seltsam
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Hanover Medical School, Hanover, Germany
Transfusion 47:133-46. 2007Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A), the protein that carries the JMH blood group antigen, is involved in immune responses and plays an important role in axon growth and guidance...
- Characterization of the human leukocyte GPI-anchored glycoprotein CDw108 and its relation to other similar moleculesP Angelisova
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Immunobiology 200:234-45. 1999..In addition to the previously described identity of CDw108 with the JMH blood group antigen, we demonstrate here its identity to the previously described glycoprotein recognized by monoclonal ..
- Association study of semaphorin 7a (sema7a) polymorphisms with bone mineral density and fracture risk in postmenopausal Korean womenJung Min Koh
Skeletal Diseases Genome Research Center, Kyungpook National University Hospital, 44 2, Samduk 2 ga, Jung Gu, 700 412 Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Hum Genet 51:112-7. 2006..b>Semaphorin 7a (SEMA7A), a recently described member of the semaphorin family, has been shown to play a critical role in the ..
- Semaphorin 7A promotes axon outgrowth through integrins and MAPKsR Jeroen Pasterkamp
Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 424:398-405. 2003..We show here that semaphorin 7A (Sema7A), a membrane-anchored member of the semaphorin family of guidance proteins previously known for its ..
- Sema7A is a potent monocyte stimulatorS Holmes
Oxford GlycoSciences, Adbingdon, Oxon, UK
Scand J Immunol 56:270-5. 2002b>Sema7A is a recently described member of the semaphorin family that is associated with the cell surface via a glycophosphatidylinositol linkage. This study examined the mRNA expression and biological properties of this protein...
- Molecular cloning of a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored molecule CDw108A Yamada
Cancer Vaccine Development Division, Kurume University Research Center for Innovative Cancer Therapy, Department of Immunology, Japan
J Immunol 162:4094-100. 1999b>CDw108, also known as the John-Milton-Hagen human blood group Ag, is an 80-kDa glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored membrane glycoprotein that is preferentially expressed on activated lymphocytes and E...
- New eukaryotic semaphorins with close homology to semaphorins of DNA virusesC Lange
Institut fur Klinische und Molekulare Virologie, Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Schlossgarten 4, Erlangen, 91054, Germany
Genomics 51:340-50. 1998..The respective genes were cloned and sequenced, and they were termed H-Sema-L and M-Sema-L (HGMW-approved symbols SEMAL and Semal, respectively). A multiply spliced mRNA of 3...
- Endothelial Semaphorin 7A promotes inflammation in seawater aspiration-induced acute lung injuryMinlong Zhang
Department of Respiration, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, China
Int J Mol Sci 15:19650-61. 2014..Although several studies have shown that Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) promotes inflammation, there are limited reports regarding immunological function of SEMA7A in ..
- Semaphorin 7A as a potential immune regulator and promising therapeutic target in rheumatoid arthritisJianmin Xie
Department of Rheumatology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Arthritis Res Ther 19:10. 2017b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) is expressed by several different classes of lymphoid and myeloid cells and is a potent immunomodulator...
- Identifying novel Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte invasion receptors using systematic extracellular protein interaction screensS Josefin Bartholdson
Cell Surface Signalling Laboratory, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Cell Microbiol 15:1304-12. 2013..falciparum merozoite ligands. Using this approach, we have recently identified Basigin (CD147) and Semaphorin-7A (CD108) as receptors for RH5 and MTRAP respectively...
- Possible modulation of FAS and PTP-1B signaling in ameliorative potential of Bombax ceiba against high fat diet induced obesityParas Gupta
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shoolini University, Solan, HP 173212, India
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:281. 2013Bombax ceiba Linn., commonly called as Semal, is used in various gastro-intestinal disturbances...
- Semaphorin 7A is expressed on airway eosinophils and upregulated by IL-5 family cytokinesStephane Esnault
Department of Medicine, Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine Division, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA Electronic address
Clin Immunol 150:90-100. 2014b>Semaphorin 7A (sema7a) plays a major role in TGF-β1-induced lung fibrosis...
- Crucial role of Plexin C1 for pulmonary inflammation and survival during lung injuryT Granja
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tübingen University Hospital Eberhard Karls University, Tubingen, Germany
Mucosal Immunol 7:879-91. 2014..Recent work has demonstrated that the guidance protein Semaphorin 7A propagates the infiltration of neutrophils into an hypoxic tissue site, yet the role of its target receptor ..
- Mutation screening of SEMA3A and SEMA7A in patients with congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadismJohanna Känsäkoski
1 Institute of Biomedicine Physiology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland 2 Children s Hospital, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Res 75:641-4. 2014..SEMA3A was recently implicated in the etiology of the disorder, and Sema7A-deficient mice have a reduced number of GnRH neurons in their brains.
- Retrograde semaphorin signaling regulates synapse elimination in the developing mouse brainNaofumi Uesaka
Department of Neurophysiology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Science 344:1020-3. 2014..Conversely, knockdown of Sema7A, a membrane-anchored semaphorin, in Purkinje cells or either of its two receptors in climbing fibers impaired ..
- Flaviviruses are neurotropic, but how do they invade the CNS?J W Neal
Institute of Infection and Immunity, Henry Wellcome Building, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom Electronic address
J Infect 69:203-15. 2014..DC-SIGN (that detects complex carbohydrate molecules); Glycosamino glycans (GAG), Heparan sulphate(HSPG) Semaphorin 7A, Low Density Lipid receptors (LDLR); these are not FV specific virus entry receptors...
- Maturation of cortical circuits requires Semaphorin 7AIoana Carcea
Departments of Neuroscience and Friedman Brain Institute, Seaver Autism Center, and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY 10029 Departments of Otolaryngology, Physiology and Neuroscience, Molecular Neurobiology Program, The Helen and Martin Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine at the Skirball Institute for Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016 and
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:13978-83. 2014..b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) is an atypical member of the semaphorin family that is GPI-linked, expressed principally postnatally, ..
- JMH blood group system: a reviewS T Johnson
MSTM, MT ASCP SBB, Director, Transfusion Medicine Program, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI Director of the SBB Program, Director, Clinical Education, Blood Center of Wisconsin, 638 N 18th Street, Milwaukee, WI
Immunohematology 30:18-23. 2014The JMH blood group system consists of six high-prevalence antigens. These antigens are located on the Sema7A protein...
- Retrograde signaling for climbing fiber synapse eliminationNaofumi Uesaka
Department of Neurophysiology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 0033, Japan
Cerebellum 14:4-7. 2015..Here, we show that semaphorin3A (Sema3A) and semaphorin7A (Sema7A) mediate retrograde signals for elimination of redundant climbing fiber (CF) to Purkinje cell (PC) synapses in the ..
- Expression and Purification of Class 7 Semaphorin and Its PlexinC1 Receptor Using Baculovirus-Mediated Mammalian Cell Gene TransductionXiaoyan Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Morten 7 615, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1493:41-56. 2017..Here, we describe the expression of class 7 semaphorin (Sema7A) and the extracellular domain of its receptors PlexinC1, using the baculovirus-mediated mammalian cell gene ..
- Classical Galactosemia: Insight into Molecular Pathomechanisms by Differential Membrane Proteomics of Fibroblasts under Galactose StressSimon Staubach
Institute of Biochemistry II, Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 52, 50931 Koln, Germany
J Proteome Res . 2017..A series of proteins showed opposite fold-changes in the two cell models, whereas others fluctuated in only one of the two models...
- Validation of semaphorin 7A and ala-β-his-dipeptidase as biomarkers associated with the conversion from clinically isolated syndrome to multiple sclerosisEster Cantó
Servei de Neurologia Neuroimmunologia, Centre d Esclerosi Múltiple de Catalunya Cemcat, Institut de Recerca Vall d Hebron VHIR, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, PS, Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona, 08035, Spain
J Neuroinflammation 11:181. 2014..fluid (CSF) samples, we proposed apolipoprotein AI, apolipoprotein AIV, vitronectin, plasminogen, semaphorin 7A, and ala-β-his-dipeptidase as candidate biomarkers associated with the conversion to clinically definite ..
- Microarray analysis of inflammatory response-related gene expression in the uteri of dogs with pyometraD Bukowska
Institute of Veterinary Sciences, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 28:637-48. 2014..of the transcripts of toll-like receptors (TLR8 and TLR2), integrin beta 2 (ITGB2), chemokine ligand 3 (CCL3), semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A), CD14 and prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2 (PTGS2) was increased between 10- and 18-fold...
- Clinical outcomes in breast cancer patients with HIV/AIDS: a retrospective studyAlexandra Gómez
Internal Medicine Resident, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1475 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL, 33136, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 149:781-8. 2015..cancer between January 1, 1989 and December 31, 2013 at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital (UM/JMH) 47 females and 1 male were included in the analysis...
- Semaphorin 7A plays a critical role in IgE-mediated airway inflammation in miceNobuaki Mizutani
Department of Pharmacology, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, 4 19 1 Motoyamakita, Higashinada, Kobe 658 8558, Japan Electronic address
Eur J Pharmacol 764:149-56. 2015..Here, we investigated whether semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) is related to IgE-mediated neutrophilic inflammation in mice...
- Expression of hypoxia-induced semaphorin 7A correlates with the severity of inflammation and osteoclastogenesis in experimentally induced periapical lesionsMiao He
State Key Laboratory Breeding Base of Basic Science of Stomatology Hubei MOST and Key Laboratory of Oral Biomedicine Ministry of Education, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430079, China
Arch Oral Biol 75:114-119. 2017..hypoxia during the progression of experimentally induced rat periapical lesions, and to derive correlations between hypoxia-induced Semaphorin 7A (Sema7a) expression, severity of inflammation, and osteoclastogenesis in the lesions.
- Elevated Mitochondrial Bioenergetics and Axonal Arborization Size Are Key Contributors to the Vulnerability of Dopamine NeuronsConsiglia Pacelli
Departments of Pharmacology and Neurosciences, Central Nervous System Research Group GRSNC, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC H4T 1J4, Canada
Curr Biol 25:2349-60. 2015..Furthermore, we demonstrate that reducing axonal arborization by acting on axon guidance pathways with Semaphorin 7A reduces in parallel the basal rate of mitochondrial OXPHOS and the vulnerability of nigral DA neurons to the ..
- Semaphorin7A Promotion of Tumoral Growth and Metastasis in Human Oral Cancer by Regulation of G1 Cell Cycle and Matrix Metalloproteases: Possible Contribution to Tumoral AngiogenesisTomoaki Saito
Department of Oral Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 8670, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0137923. 2015..Of them, SEMA7A has been reported to have a chemotactic activity in neurogenesis and to be an immunomodulator; however, little is ..
- Differential expression of sema3A and sema7A in a murine model of multiple sclerosis: Implications for a therapeutic designAna Gutiérrez-Franco
Servei de Neurologia Neuroimmunologia, Centre d esclerosi multiple de Catalunya, Vall d Hebron Institut de Recerca, Hospital UniversitariVall d Hebron, 08035 Barcelona, Spain Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 08193, Bellaterra, Cerdanyola del Valles, Spain Electronic address
Clin Immunol 163:22-33. 2016We characterised the expression of semaphorin (sema)3A, sema7A and their receptors in the immune and the central nervous system (CNS) at different stages of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE)...
- Semaphorin 7A Aggravates Pulmonary Inflammation during Lung InjuryJudith Marlene Roth
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tubingen University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 11:e0146930. 2016..Recent work has demonstrated that the guidance protein semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) influences the migration of neutrophils into hypoxic tissue sites, yet, its role during lung injury ..
- Genome-wide association study identifies multiple susceptibility loci for craniofacial microsomiaYong Biao Zhang
Chinese Academy of Sciences and Key Laboratory of Genome Science and Information, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Nat Commun 7:10605. 2016..The above 13 associated loci, harboured by candidates of ROBO1, GATA3, GBX2, FGF3, NRP2, EDNRB, SHROOM3, SEMA7A, PLCD3, KLF12 and EPAS1, are found to be enriched for genes involved in neural crest cell (NCC) development and ..
- Disease-specific proteins from rheumatoid arthritis patientsChoong Won Kim
Department of Biochemistry and RINS, College of Medicine and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:478-84. 2006..Fibronectin, semaphorin 7A precursor, growth factor binding protein 7 (GRB7), and immunoglobulin mu chain were specifically associated ..
- Semaphorin 7A contributes to TGF-β-mediated liver fibrogenesisSamuele De Minicis
Department of Gastroenterology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Am J Pathol 183:820-30. 2013Semaphorin7A (SEMA7A) is a membrane-anchored protein involved in immune and inflammatory responses, exerting an effect on pulmonary fibrosis. Thus, we aimed to investigate the role of SEMA7A in hepatic fibrosis...
- An imbalance between frequency of CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ regulatory T cells and CCR4+ and CCR9+ circulating helper T cells is associated with active perennial allergic conjunctivitisJ Galicia-Carreón
Department of Pharmacobiology, CINVESTAV, IPN, P O Box 22106, 14330 Mexico, DF, Mexico
Clin Dev Immunol 2013:919742. 2013..observed in frequency of Treg; however, an increased frequency of CD4+CCR4+CCR9+ cells, CD4+CD103+ cells and CD4+CD108+ cells with increased IL-5, IL-6, and IL-8 production was observed...
- Semaphorin 4A is dynamically regulated during thymocyte development in miceGrace E Linder
Biology Department, Macalester College, St Paul, MN 55105, USA
Cell Immunol 281:150-8. 2013..b>Sema7a was expressed at very low levels, while Sema4d was abundant at all developmental stages of mouse thymocytes...
- Egr2-dependent gene expression profiling and ChIP-Seq reveal novel biologic targets in T cell anergyYan Zheng
Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Immunol 55:283-91. 2013..including lymphocyte-activation gene 3 (Lag3), Class-I-MHC-restricted T cell associated molecule (Crtam), Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A), and chemokine CCL1...
- Semaphorin7A: branching beyond axonal guidance and into immunityRamon Garcia-Areas
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Charles E Schmidt College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL, 33431 0991, USA
Immunol Res 57:81-5. 2013..Semaphorin7A (SEMA7A) belongs to the "immune" semaphorin group and has been shown to play a crucial role in regulating immune responses...
- Limk2 mediates semaphorin signalling in cortical interneurons migrating through the subpalliumWilliam D Andrews
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Biol Open 2:277-82. 2013..migration, we identified LIM-kinase 2 (Limk2), a kinase previously shown to be involved in cell movement and in Sema7A-PlexinC1 signalling...
- Semaphorin7A and its receptors: pleiotropic regulators of immune cell function, bone homeostasis, and neural developmentBart C Jongbloets
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neurosciences, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Semin Cell Dev Biol 24:129-38. 2013..Although originally identified in immune cells, as CDw108, Sema7A displays widespread expression outside the immune system...
- Endothelial Semaphorin 7A promotes neutrophil migration during hypoxiaJulio César Morote-García
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tubingen University Hospital, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:14146-51. 2012..Previously unknown, we report here the expression and induction of semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) on endothelium through hypoxia-inducible factor 1α during hypoxia...
- Semaphorin 7a+ regulatory T cells are associated with progressive idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and are implicated in transforming growth factor-β1-induced pulmonary fibrosisRonald A Reilkoff
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 187:180-8. 2013Lymphocytes are increasingly associated with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Semaphorin 7a (Sema 7a) participates in lymphocyte activation.
- Sex-specific changes in gene expression and behavior induced by chronic Toxoplasma infection in miceJ Xiao
Stanley Division of Developmental Neurovirology, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Neuroscience 206:39-48. 2012..e. downregulation of fatty acid-binding protein 7 and eyes absent homolog 1, upregulation of semaphorin 7A). In male mice, infection led mainly to modulation of genes associated with olfactory function (i.e...
- Integrative assessment of chlorine-induced acute lung injury in miceGeorge D Leikauf
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15219 3130, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 47:234-44. 2012..The leading candidate genes associated with increased susceptibility to acute lung injury in mice included Klf4, Sema7a, Tns1, Aacs, and a gene that encodes an amino acid carrier, Slc38a4.
- Semaphorin 7A inhibits platelet production from CD34+ progenitor cellsY Jaimes
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Hanover Medical School, Hanover, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 10:1100-8. 2012The multifunctional protein semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) may have regulatory effects on blood cell differentiation via its receptors β1-integrin and plexin C1...
- Semaphorin 7a links nerve regeneration and inflammation in the corneaAbed Namavari
Corneal Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, 60612, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:4575-85. 2012We determined Semaphorin 7a (Sema7a) localization and abundance in naive corneas and in corneas after nerve-transecting lamellar flap surgery, and determined the effect of Sema7a supplementation on corneal nerve regeneration and ..
- Semaphorin 7A protein variants differentially regulate T-cell activityChristiane Gras
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Transfusion 53:270-83. 2013b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) carries the John-Milton-Hagen human blood group antigen on red blood cells and shows molecular diversity...
- Semaphorin-7a reverses the ERF-induced inhibition of EMT in Ras-dependent mouse mammary epithelial cellsMaryline Allegra
Medical School, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Mol Biol Cell 23:3873-81. 2012..Our data suggest that oncogenic Ras may play an additional role in EMT via the ERF, regulating Semaphorin-7a and providing a new interconnection between the Ras- and the TGF-β-signaling pathways...
- Semaphorin 7A contributes to West Nile virus pathogenesis through TGF-β1/Smad6 signalingHameeda Sultana
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Immunol 189:3150-8. 2012b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) is a membrane-associated/secreted protein that plays an essential role in connecting the vertebrate neuronal and immune systems. However, the role of Sema7A has not been elucidated in viral pathogenesis...
- Semaphorin-7A is an erythrocyte receptor for P. falciparum merozoite-specific TRAP homolog, MTRAPS Josefin Bartholdson
Cell Surface Signalling Laboratory, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, United Kingdom Malaria Programme, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 8:e1003031. 2012..Here, we identify the GPI-linked protein Semaphorin-7A (CD108) as an erythrocyte receptor for the P...
- Semaphorins 3A and 7A: potential immune and neuroregenerative targets in multiple sclerosisHerena Eixarch
Servei de Neurologia Neuroimmunologia, Centre d Esclerosi Múltiple de Catalunya Cemcat, Vall d Hebron Institut de Recerca VHIR, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Ps Vall d Hebron, 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Trends Mol Med 19:157-64. 2013..In this article, we compile recent insights into the specific roles of semaphorin (sema)3A and sema7A to clarify the details of their possible participation in the inflammatory and neurodegenerative phases of MS.
- Evidence that CDw108 membrane protein bears the JMH blood group antigenR Mudad
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Transfusion 35:566-70. 1995b>CDw108 is a cluster-of-differentiation antigen that resides on a glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked protein; it has not previously been shown to be expressed on red cells...
- Chromosome 15q24 microdeletion syndromePilar L Magoulas
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:2. 2012..2 Mb region between LCR15q24B to LCR15q24C. There are several candidate genes within the SRO, including CYP11A1, SEMA7A, CPLX3, ARID3B, STRA6, SIN3A and CSK, that may predispose to many of the clinical features observed in individuals ..
- Effect of Bombax ceiba L. on spermatogenesis, sexual behaviour and erectile function in male ratsC Bhargava
Advance Group of Pharmacy Colleges, Naramau Kanpur, India
Andrologia 44:474-8. 2012..It has been corrected to Bombacaceae] also known as Semal Musli are used traditionally in Indian subcontinent as sexual stimulant...
- Semaphorin 7A is a negative regulator of T cell responsesAgnieszka K Czopik
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Immunity 24:591-600. 2006..b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) promotes axonal growth in the central nervous system...
- Rapid detection of JMH antibodies with recombinant Sema7A (CD108) protein and the particle gel immunoassayAxel Seltsam
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Transfusion 48:1151-5. 2008..Here, a novel method is described for detection of anti-JMH with particles coated with recombinant semaphorin 7A (Sema7A, CD108), the protein that carries the JMH blood group antigens.
- The origins of human embryonic stem cells: a biological conundrumThore C Brink
Department of Vertebrate Genomics Molecular Embryology and Aging, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 188:9-22. 2008..These genes are involved in signaling cascades (SEMA7A and MAP3K10), cell proliferation (CUZD1 and MS4A7) and chromatin remodeling (H1FOO and HRMT1L4)...
- Gene expression profiling distinguishes a molecular signature for grade 1B mild acute cellular rejection in cardiac allograft recipientsDaniel Bernstein
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94304, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:1270-80. 2007..We explored the hypothesis that the rejection classifier also differentiates various forms of mild rejection and we performed sub-analyses based on time post-transplant and confirmatory pathology interpretations...
- Cooperative activity of multiple upper layer proteins for thalamocortical axon growthTakuro Maruyama
Neuroscience Laboratories, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dev Neurobiol 68:317-31. 2008..lamina-specific TC axon termination, we investigated the responsiveness of TC axons to ephrin-A5, semaphorin-7A (Sema7A) and kit ligand (KL), which are expressed in the upper layers of the developing cortex...
- Expression patterns of semaphorin7A and plexinC1 during rat neural development suggest roles in axon guidance and neuronal migrationR Jeroen Pasterkamp
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1001 PCTB, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:98. 2007..Semaphorin7A (Sema7A), the only glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored semaphorin, promotes axon growth in vitro and is required for the ..
- Semaphorin 7A plays a critical role in TGF-beta1-induced pulmonary fibrosisHye Ryun Kang
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and 2Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
J Exp Med 204:1083-93. 2007..They also demonstrate that the effects of SEMA 7A are not specific for transgenic TGF-beta(1), highlighting the importance of these findings for other fibrotic stimuli...
- Serum levels of syndecan-1 in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: correlation with the extent of angiogenesis and disease-progression risk in early diseaseStefano Molica
Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 47:1034-40. 2006..110). The same applied with adhesion molecules such as CD54 (P = 0.233), CD108 (P = 0.799), CD44 (P = 0.816) and CD31 (P = 0.508). Interestingly, the inverse correlation (r = -0.4967; P = 0...
- Sema3D and Sema7A have distinct expression patterns in chick embryonic developmentZheng Zheng Bao
Department of Medicine and Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2282-9. 2006By RT-PCR, we isolated a partial cDNA clone for the chick Semaphorin7A (Sema7A) gene. We further analyzed its expression patterns and compared them with those of the Sema3D gene, in chick embryonic development...
- Lateral rectus posterior fixation sutureJonathan M Holmes
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J AAPOS 14:132-6. 2010..We report a small case series of patients successfully treated using a lateral rectus posterior fixation suture...
- A new SEMA7A variant found in Native Americans with alloantibodyM Richard
Research and Development, HEMA QUEBEC, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Vox Sang 100:322-6. 2011John Milton Hagen (JMH) antigens are carried by Semaphorin 7A that plays important roles in the nervous system and the immune responses. Its role on the erythrocytes is unclear...
- Comparative proteomic analysis of intra- and interindividual variation in human cerebrospinal fluidYan Hu
Department of Neurology, Division of Metabolism and Proteomics Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:2000-9. 2005..These results validate our method of identifying differences in proteomic profiles of CSF samples and have important implications for the design of CSF biomarker studies for AD and other central nervous system disorders...
- Integrin-mediated dendrite branch maintenance requires Abelson (Abl) family kinasesEva Marie Yang Moresco
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8024, USA
J Neurosci 25:6105-18. 2005..Activation of integrin receptors by adhesion to laminin-1 or Semaphorin 7A also promotes neurite branching in cortical neurons, but this response is absent in arg-/- neurons because of ..
- Odontoblast expression of semaphorin 7A during innervation of human dentinJean Christophe Maurin
Laboratoire du Developpement des Tissus Dentaires, ESPRI INSERM EA 1892, IFR 62, Faculté d Odontologie UNIV LYON 1, Rue Guillaume Paradin, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Matrix Biol 24:232-8. 2005b>Semaphorin 7A (SEMA 7A) is a membrane-anchored member of the semaphorin family of guidance proteins, previously identified in the immune system...
- Expression and function of semaphorin 7A in bone cellsGuillaume Delorme
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire de la Cellule, ENS CNRS 5161, IFR 128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, 46 allee d Italie, 69007 Lyon, France
Biol Cell 97:589-97. 2005..However, it can promote axon outgrowth, acting through a beta1 subunit-containing integrin receptor...
- Structure and function of the immune semaphorin CD100/SEMA4DAbdellah Elhabazi
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, El Jadida Morocco
Crit Rev Immunol 23:65-81. 2003..A growing number of semaphorins--namely, human CD100/SEMA4D, CD108/SEMA7A, and SEMA3A; viral semaphorins, SemaVA and SemaVB; and, very recently, mouse Sema4A--were reported to regulate ..
- CDw108 expression during T-cell developmentT Mine
Kurume University Research Center for Innovative Cancer Therapy, Department of Surgery, Kurume University School of Medicine, Japan
Tissue Antigens 55:429-36. 2000..0% or 89.3% similarity at the nucleotide or amino acid level, respectively) or identical to the murine semaphorin K1/Sema7A...
- Plexins are a large family of receptors for transmembrane, secreted, and GPI-anchored semaphorins in vertebratesL Tamagnone
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino, Candiolo, Italy
Cell 99:71-80. 1999..for the transmembrane semaphorin Sema4D (CD100), and plexin-C1 is a receptor for the GPI-anchored semaphorin Sema7A (Sema-K1)...
- Molecular cloning and expression of murine homologue of semaphorin K1 geneY Sato
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, 11 Minamiooya, Machida shi, Tokyo 194, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1443:419-22. 1998We have cloned a mouse homologue of semaphorin K1 cDNA...
- Spinal cord injury induces differential expression of the profibrotic semaphorin 7A in the developing and mature glial scarMarcel A Kopp
Department of Neurology and Experimental Neurology, Spinal Cord Injury Research, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
Glia 58:1748-56. 2010b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) is involved in the formation of the central nervous system during development by operating axon guidance and neuronal migration...
- Maturation of the olfactory sensory neurons by Apaf-1/caspase-9-mediated caspase activityShizue Ohsawa
Department of Genetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13366-71. 2010..This caspase signaling leads to a cleavage of Semaphorin 7A, a membrane-anchored semaphorin that is required for the proper axonal projection...
- Intestinal epithelial cell-derived semaphorin 7A negatively regulates development of colitis via αvβ1 integrinSujin Kang
Department of Immunopathology, World Premier International Research Center, Osaka University, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Immunol 188:1108-16. 2012..In this study, we report that semaphorin 7A (Sema7A), a GPI-anchored semaphorin expressed in intestinal epithelial cells (IECs), induces IL-10 production ..
- Semaphorin 7A promotes angiogenesis in an experimental corneal neovascularization modelRamon C Ghanem
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Curr Eye Res 36:989-96. 2011To characterize the involvement of Semaphorin 7A (Sema7a) in corneal neovascularization (NV).
- Dietary and behavioral interventions protect against age related activation of caspase cascades in the canine brainShikha Snigdha
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24652. 2011..treated with an AOX arm showed reduced numbers of cells expressing active caspase 9 or its cleavage product semaphorin 7A, while ENR (but not AOX) reduced ceramide levels...
- Dysregulation of Semaphorin7A/β1-integrin signaling leads to defective GnRH-1 cell migration, abnormal gonadal development and altered fertilityAndrea Messina
Department of Human and Animal Biology, University of Turin, Turin 10123, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 20:4759-74. 2011..Combining mouse genetics with in vitro models, we demonstrate that Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) is essential for the development of the GnRH-1 neuronal system...
- The action of Semaphorin7A on thalamocortical axon branchingAkiko Fukunishi
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Neurochem 118:1008-15. 2011..In this study, we investigated the involvement of Semaphorin7A (Sema7A) in thalamocortical (TC) axon branching...
- Cerebrospinal fluid following cerebral ischemia accelerates the proliferation of bone marrow stromal cells in vitroKimihiko Orito
Department of Neurosurgery, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Kurume Med J 57:21-8. 2010..The expressions of CD34, CD45, CD90 and CD108 were assessed by flow cytometric analysis...
- Secretome signature of invasive glioblastoma multiformeCatherine A Formolo
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue NW, Washington, D C 20010, USA
J Proteome Res 10:3149-59. 2011..Antibody inhibition of CH3L1 reduced U87 cell invasiveness by 30%...
- Demographic and psychosocial factors associated with appointment attendance among HIV-positive outpatientsLina Bofill
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, FL, USA
AIDS Care 23:1219-25. 2011..eight adult participants attending the Outpatient Adult HIV/AIDS Immunology Clinic at Jackson Memorial Hospital (JMH) in Miami, Florida participated in the study...
- Semaphorin 7A on keratinocytes induces interleukin-8 production by monocytesMasahiro Kamata
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 62:176-82. 2011b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) expressed on activated T cells stimulates cytokine production in monocytes through its receptor, α1β1 integrin.
- Plexin C1, a receptor for semaphorin 7a, inactivates cofilin and is a potential tumor suppressor for melanoma progressionGlynis A Scott
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:954-63. 2009..Our previous data showed that semaphorin 7A (Sema7A), a protein involved in axon guidance, stimulates melanocyte adhesion and dendricity through opposing ..
- Role of semaphorin 7a signaling in transforming growth factor β1-induced lung fibrosis and scleroderma-related interstitial lung diseaseYe Gan
Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
Arthritis Rheum 63:2484-94. 2011b>Semaphorin 7a regulates transforming growth factor β1 (TGFβ1)-induced fibrosis...
- Isolation and purification of blood group antigens using immuno-affinity chromatography on short monolithic columnsAndrea Mönster
Institute for Technical Chemistry, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover, Callinstraße 5, D 30167 Hanover, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1218:706-10. 2011..The proteins employed in this study are derived from blood group antigens Knops, JMH and Scianna, equipped both with a His-tag and with a V5-tag by which they can be purified...
- Mechanical tension alters semaphorin expression in the periodontiumAmber Y Spencer
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Center of Excellence in Oral and Craniofacial Biology, School of Dentistry, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
J Periodontol 80:1665-73. 2009..We predicted that mechanical tension alters the expression of the subset of semaphorins in the periodontium likely to be most involved with regulating the remodeling of this tissue...
- Stimulus uncertainty and insensitivity to pitch-change directionSamuel R Mathias
Department of Psychology, University of York, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
J Acoust Soc Am 127:3026-37. 2010In a series of experiments, Semal and Demany [(2006). J. Acoust. Soc. Am...
- Deciphering the human platelet sheddomeKaren P Fong
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 117:e15-26. 2011..As proof of principle, we validated one of the less frequently detected proteins, semaphorin 7A, which had not previously been identified in platelets...
- Caspase-9 activation revealed by semaphorin 7A cleavage is independent of apoptosis in the aged olfactory bulbShizue Ohsawa
Department of Genetics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, and CREST, JST, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Neurosci 29:11385-92. 2009..Here, we identified Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) as a novel substrate for caspase-9 that can be used to monitor caspase-9 activity in mice, and found ..
- Th1 cells promote neurite outgrowth from cortical neurons via a mechanism dependent on semaphorinsHiroshi Ishii
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:168-72. 2010..Furthermore, experiments using knockout mice revealed that semaphorin 4A (Sema4A) but not Sema7A was required for the effect produced by Th1 cells...
- Gene profiles of THP-1 macrophages after in vitro exposure to respiratory (non-)sensitizing chemicals: identification of discriminating genetic markers and pathway analysisSandra Verstraelen
Unit Environmental Risk and Health, Flemish Institute for Technological Research VITO NV, Boeretang 200, 2400 Mol, Belgium
Toxicol In Vitro 23:1151-62. 2009..discriminating genes which were categorized into molecular and biological Gene Ontology (GO) terms, EIF4E, PDGFRB, SEMA7A, and ZFP36L2 could be associated with respiratory sensitization...
- The semaphorin 7A receptor Plexin C1 is lost during melanoma metastasisRossitza Lazova
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA rossitza lazoraoyale edu
Am J Dermatopathol 31:177-81. 2009..b>Semaphorin 7A (Sema7A) is a membrane-linked semaphorin that is expressed by human keratinocytes, and we have shown that ..
- Plexin signalling in melanocyte biology and melanoma progressionGlynis A Scott; Fiscal Year: 2013..Semaphorin 4D and semaphorin 7A regulate multiple cellular processes in other cell types, including neurite outgrowth and retraction, tumor ..
- Erica L Herzog; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have recently found that TGF-[unreadable]1 affects M2 phenotypes through a Semaphorin 7a dependent pathway that involves the [unreadable]1-integrin subunit...
- The Role of Plexin C1 in Scleroderma Related Interstitial Lung DiseaseAditi Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Semaphorin 7a (Sema 7a) is part of a family of highly conserved membrane bound and secreted proteins that appear to be ..
- Erica L Herzog; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have also found that the blood of sarcoid patients contains a unique Treg population that expresses Semaphorin 7a, and that these cells appear to stimulate exaggerated fibrocyte outgrowth and cytokine secretion...
- Thomas F Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2016..will focus on the secreted factor CCL1;the surface expression of CRTAM/LAG3/4-1BB;and the functional role of Semaphorin 7A. Whether combinations of these markers can identify anergic cells in the tumor microenvironment will be ..
- Role of Sema7A in functional organization of neocortexGeorge W Huntley; Fiscal Year: 2013..identified a minimal deletion interval that contains only four genes that are expressed in brain, among which, SEMA7A stands apart as highly relevant to sensory dysfunctions associated with the syndrome...
- Linda A Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2014..involves enhanced expression of one or more negative costimulatory molecules, including;PD-1, NKG2a and Semaphorin 7A. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Understanding and enforcing immune tolerance mechanisms is important in preventing ..
- Nizar N Jarjour; Fiscal Year: 2016..key EOS functions including promoting IL-17 responses and enhancing fibroblast (Fb) function via expression of SEMA7A, which leads to promoting myoFb differentiation and generation of extracellular matrix (ECM) components...
- Sandeep Jain; Fiscal Year: 2016..This proposal builds upon our research findings generated during the K08 award period. Our key finding was that Sema7a promotes nerve regeneration in the cornea and causes infiltration of myeloid cells...
- HIV ASSOCIATED NEPHROPATHY IN CHILDRENJOSE STRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 1993..All infants born at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center (UM/JMH) and who are HIV-infected will be included in the study and prospectively followed from the day of birth to ..
- Role of Prostaglandins & Phospholipase A in melanocytesGlynis Scott; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that PG and phospholipases stimulate HM dendricity, MS transfer &pigmentation through different mechanisms that act synergistically to modulate cutaneous pigmentation following UVR. ..
- MURINE MODELS OF OCCUPATIONAL COPDGEORGE LEIKAUF; Fiscal Year: 2001..The well-characterized mouse model generated by this proposal will be useful in the further understanding of the relationship between occupational exposures, genetic markers, inflammatory responses, and COPD. ..
- GENETIC DETERMINATION OF ACUTE LUNG INJURYGEORGE LEIKAUF; Fiscal Year: 2004..Significance: This investigation seeks to uncover novel genes not previously associated with survival during acute lung injury. Such findings could provide new biological information and insights into this severe clinical condition. ..
- Growth Factor Protection in Acute Lung InjuryGEORGE LEIKAUF; Fiscal Year: 2009..The name of the principal investigator/program director must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Genetic Determinants of Nickel-induced Lung InjuryGEORGE LEIKAUF; Fiscal Year: 2005..Determination of the relative roles of the genetic loci linked to nickel sulfate exposure is likely to improve our understanding of the mechanisms involved in acute lung injury. ..
- Expression and regulation of the axon guidance cuesZheng Zheng Bao; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ROLE OF BETA-RECEPTOR SIGNALING IN CARDIOMYOPATHYDaniel Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, our data suggest that the intricacies of b-AR subtype signaling, the temporal dependence of this signaling, and the multiple pathways of potential crosstalk, are quite a bit more complex. ..
- OUTCOME MEASURES FOR CLINICAL TRIALS IN STRABISMUSJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately this research will result in better quality of life for patients with strabismus. ..
- High Resolution Ultrasound Biomicroscopy SystemDaniel Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- When Belief Becomes False Memory: A Processing AccountDaniel Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed work will help clarify the relationship between belief and memory, thereby delineating some of the mechanisms responsible for false memory. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITYJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2003....