Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEMA6D
Description: semaphorin 6D
Alias: semaphorin-6D, sema domain, transmembrane domain (TM), and cytoplasmic domain, (semaphorin) 6D
- Identification, characterization, and functional study of the two novel human members of the semaphorin gene familyXianghu Qu
Department of Genomics and Proteomics, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Chinese National Human Genome Center at Beijing
J Biol Chem 277:35574-85. 2002We cloned two novel human transmembrane semaphorins, (HSA)SEMA6C and (HSA)SEMA6D, that belong to the class VI subgroup of the semaphorin family. The genes for SEMA6C and SEMA6D are mapped on chromosome 1q12-21.1 and 15q21.1, respectively...
- Expression of semaphorin 6D and its receptor plexin-A1 in gastric cancer and their association with tumor angiogenesisYanjie Lu
Department of Pathology, Chengde Medical College, Chengde, Hebei 067000, P R China Cancer Research Laboratory, Chengde Medical College, Chengde, Hebei 067000, P R China
Oncol Lett 12:3967-3974. 2016..In the present study, semaphorin 6D (Sema6D) and its receptor plexin-A1 were identified to be expressed at high levels in vascular epithelial ..
- A genome wide association study (GWAS) providing evidence of an association between common genetic variants and late radiotherapy toxicityGillian C Barnett
Centre for Cancer Genetic Epidemiology, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, UK University of Cambridge, Department of Oncology, Oncology Centre, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK Electronic address
Radiother Oncol 111:178-85. 2014..This study was designed to identify common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associated with toxicity 2years after radiotherapy...
- Novel genetic variants modify the effect of smoking on carotid plaque burden in HispanicsDavid Della-Morte
Department of Neurology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL, United States Department of Systems Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Tor Vergata Rome, Italy IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Rome, Italy
J Neurol Sci 344:27-31. 2014..A genome-wide scan was performed for smoking×single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) interactions on carotid plaque burden (CPB) to identify the potential genetic moderators in Hispanics...
- Gene Signatures of 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 Exposure in Normal and Transformed Mammary CellsKatrina M Simmons
University at Albany Cancer Research Center, Biomedical Sciences, University at Albany, Rensselaer, New York, 12144
J Cell Biochem 116:1693-711. 2015..Regulation of a subset of immune (CD14, IL1RL1, MALL, CAMP, SEMA6D, TREM1, CSF1, IL33, TLR4) and metabolic (ITGB3, SLC1A1, G6PD, GLUL, HIF1A, KDR, BIRC3) genes by 1,25D was ..
- A Sleeping Beauty forward genetic screen identifies new genes and pathways driving osteosarcoma development and metastasisBranden S Moriarity
1 Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA 2 Center for Genome Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA 3 Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nat Genet 47:615-24. 2015..Lastly, we identified several oncogenes involved in axon guidance, including Sema4d and Sema6d, which we functionally validated as oncogenes in human osteosarcoma.
- RNA sequencing of Sleeping Beauty transposon-induced tumors detects transposon-RNA fusions in forward genetic cancer screensNuri A Temiz
Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Genome Res 26:119-29. 2016..RNA fusion-based CISs were identified corresponding to both DNA-based CISs (Cdkn2a, Mycl1, Nf2, Pten, Sema6d, and Rere) and additional regions strongly associated with cancer that were not observed by LM-PCR (Myc, Akt1, Pth,..
- Microarray Expression Data Identify DCC as a Candidate Gene for Early Meningioma ProgressionHans Juergen Schulten
Center of Excellence in Genomic Medicine Research, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
PLoS ONE 11:e0153681. 2016..domain containing 1 (PID1), sema domain, transmembrane domain (TM) and cytoplasmic domain, (semaphorin) 6D (SEMA6D), and indolethylamine N-methyltransferase (INMT)...
- Genomic Integration of High-Risk HPV Alters Gene Expression in Oropharyngeal Squamous Cell CarcinomaHeather M Walline
Cancer Biology Program, Program in the Biomedical Sciences, Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Mol Cancer Res 14:941-952. 2016..HPV integration patterns into cancer-associated genes, including TNFRSF13B, SCN2A, SH2B1, UBE2V2, SMOC1, NFIA, and SEMA6D Disrupted cellular transcripts were identified in the region of integration in four of the seven affected genes.
- Sema6D acts downstream of bone morphogenetic protein signalling to promote atrioventricular cushion development in miceYin Peng
Department of Genetics, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Cardiovasc Res . 2016..The major goal of this study is to identify the critical downstream regulatory targets of BMP signalling in AV cushions, which are precursors of the AV septum and valves...
- Sema6B, Sema6C, and Sema6D expression and function during mammalian retinal developmentRyota L Matsuoka
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e63207. 2013..Here, we investigate the physiological roles of three Class 6 transmembrane semaphorins (Sema6B, Sema6C, and Sema6D), previously identified as PlexA receptor ligands in non-retinal tissues, in mammalian retinal development...
- Genome-wide association analysis of eating disorder-related symptoms, behaviors, and personality traitsVesna Boraska
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:803-11. 2012..Our study indicates that larger-scale collaborative studies will be needed to achieve the necessary power to detect loci underlying ED-related traits...
- Optic chiasm presentation of Semaphorin6D in the context of Plexin-A1 and Nr-CAM promotes retinal axon midline crossingTakaaki Kuwajima
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 74:676-90. 2012..Here, we identify a tripartite molecular system for contralateral RGC projections: Semaphorin6D (Sema6D) and Nr-CAM are expressed on midline radial glia and Plexin-A1 on chiasm neurons, and Plexin-A1 and Nr-CAM are ..
- A balanced t(10;15) translocation in a male patient with developmental language disorderA Gulhan Ercan-Sencicek
Yale University, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Eur J Med Genet 55:128-31. 2012..1 and 10q24.1 to refine the location of the breakpoints. The breakpoint on 15q21.1 interrupts the SEMA6D gene and the breakpoint on 10q24.1 is located between the ENTPD1 and CCNJ genes...
- UTR dinucleotide simple sequence repeat evolution exhibits recurring patterns including regulatory sequence motif replacementsDonald E Riley
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gene 429:80-6. 2009..The Sema6D gene's (GT)n was also well conserved among mammals examined...
- Ectopic myelinating oligodendrocytes in the dorsal spinal cord as a consequence of altered semaphorin 6D signaling inhibit synapse formationJennifer R Leslie
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 138:4085-95. 2011..Here we show that a mouse null mutation of Sema6d results in ectopic placement of the shafts of proprioceptive axons and their associated oligodendrocytes in the ..
- Possible genetic heterogeneity of spinocerebellar ataxia linked to chromosome 15Anne Weissbach
Section of Clinical and Molecular Neurogenetics, Department of Neurology, University of Luübeck, Luübeck, Germany
Mov Disord 25:1577-82. 2010..In addition, we excluded alterations in two candidate genes in the linked region, namely expansion of a polyglutamine-coding CAG repeat in ARID3B and mutations in SEMA6D.
- Semaphorins guide the entry of dendritic cells into the lymphatics by activating myosin IIHyota Takamatsu
Department of Immunopathology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Nat Immunol 11:594-600. 2010..Additionally, we show that the semaphorin Sema3A, but not Sema6C or Sema6D, was required for DC transmigration and that Sema3A produced by the lymphatics promoted actomyosin contraction at ..
- The plexin-A1 receptor activates vascular endothelial growth factor-receptor 2 and nuclear factor-kappaB to mediate survival and anchorage-independent growth of malignant mesothelioma cellsAlfonso Catalano
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Marche University, Ancona, Italy
Cancer Res 69:1485-93. 2009..Here, we show that in asbestos-related malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM), Semaphorin-6D (Sema6D) and its receptor plexin-A1 are frequently expressed and trigger a prosurvival program that promotes anchorage-..
- PlexinA1 signaling directs the segregation of proprioceptive sensory axons in the developing spinal cordYutaka Yoshida
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Neuron 52:775-88. 2006..PlexinA1 is a proprioceptive sensory axon-specific receptor for sema6C and sema6D, which are expressed in a dynamic pattern in the dorsal horn...
- Knowing how to navigate: mechanisms of semaphorin signaling in the nervous systemZhigang He
1Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, and Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Sci STKE 2002:re1. 2002..Thus, semaphorins may serve as important probes for exploring the mechanisms of intercellular communication during the development and function of the nervous system...
- Characterization of a novel member of murine semaphorin familyMasahiko Taniguchi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 314:242-8. 2004..Here we report murine orthologues of a novel member of class 6 semaphorin gene, semaphorin 6D (Sema6D), mapped on the chromosome 2...
- Dual roles of Sema6D in cardiac morphogenesis through region-specific association of its receptor, Plexin-A1, with off-track and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor type 2Toshihiko Toyofuku
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Genes Dev 18:435-47. 2004..Here, we demonstrate a critical involvement of Sema6D in cardiac morphogenesis...
- Guidance of myocardial patterning in cardiac development by Sema6D reverse signallingToshihiko Toyofuku
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:1204-11. 2004..Through ligation of the Plexin-A1 receptor, the transmembrane-type semaphorin Sema6D regulates endocardial cell migration...
- Systematic screening for genes specifically expressed in the anterior neuroectoderm during early Xenopus developmentNoriyuki Takahashi
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 49:939-51. 2005..We determined the entire coding regions of p54nrb, Semaphorin 6D and a novel gene designated scribble-related protein 1 (SCRP1)...
- Spastic paraplegia with thin corpus callosum: description of 20 new families, refinement of the SPG11 locus, candidate gene analysis and evidence of genetic heterogeneityGiovanni Stevanin
INSERM U679, Salpetriere Hospital, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Neurogenetics 7:149-56. 2006..allowed significant refinement to 6 cM, of the minimal chromosomal interval, but analysis of two genes (MAP1A and SEMA6D) in this region did not identify causative mutations...
- Plexin-A1 and its interaction with DAP12 in immune responses and bone homeostasisNoriko Takegahara
Department of Molecular Immunology and CREST Program of JST, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 8:615-22. 2006..whereas plexin-A1 has multiple functions in chick cardiogenesis as a receptor for the transmembrane semaphorin, Sema6D, independent of neuropilins...
- Expression of semaphorin 6D in gastric carcinoma and its significanceXiang Yang Zhao
Department of General Surgery, General Hospital of Chinese PLA, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing 100853, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:7388-90. 2006To investigate the protein and mRNA expression of semaphorin 6D in gastric carcinoma and its significance.
- Dissecting and manipulating the pathway for glycosylphos-phatidylinositol-anchor biosynthesisT Kinoshita
Department of Immunoregulation, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Curr Opin Chem Biol 4:632-8. 2000..These studies have revealed the common and also different characteristics of glycosylphosphatidyl-inositol biosynthesis enzymes in different organisms, leading to the development of species-specific inhibitors of the pathway...
- Comparative integromics on non-canonical WNT or planar cell polarity signaling molecules: transcriptional mechanism of PTK7 in colorectal cancer and that of SEMA6A in undifferentiated ES cellsMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 20:405-9. 2007..ROR1, ROR2, RYK, CELSR1, CELSR2, CELSR3, VANGL1, VANGL2, PRICKLE1, PRICKLE2, PTK7, SEMA6A, SEMA6B, SEMA6C and SEMA6D were carried out...
- Identification and characterization of zebrafish semaphorin 6DMasafumi Kimura
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:762-8. 2007..Here, we report cloning and characterization of zebrafish transmembrane semaphorin gene, semaphorin 6D (sema6D)...
- Semaphorin6A acts as a gate keeper between the central and the peripheral nervous systemOlivier Mauti
Developmental Neuroscience, Institute of Zoology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Neural Dev 2:28. 2007..Based on its very restricted expression in boundary cap cells, we tested for a role of Sema6A as a gate keeper between the CNS and the PNS...
- PDC-TREM, a plasmacytoid dendritic cell-specific receptor, is responsible for augmented production of type I interferonHiroshi Watarai
Laboratories for Immune Regulation and Host Defense, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, 1 7 22, Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2993-8. 2008..However, when coupled with Sema6D, a ligand for Plexin-A1, limited TLR-stimulation resulted in PDC-TREM-mediated DAP12-dependent phosphorylation of ..
- The evolving role of semaphorins and plexins in the immune system: Plexin-A1 regulation of dendritic cell functionBRIAN P O'CONNOR
Department of Microbiology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill CB7295, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Immunol Res 41:217-22. 2008..In this review, we describe contributions from our lab elucidating Plexin-A1 regulation of the immune system and our more recent findings of Semaphorin 6D regulation of T-cell immunity.
- Semaphorin 6D regulates the late phase of CD4+ T cell primary immune responsesBRIAN P O'CONNOR
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and The Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13015-20. 2008..In this work, we examined the regulation of T cells by semaphorin 6D. Both in vitro and in vivo T cell stimulation enhanced semaphorin 6D expression...
- A genomewide association study of skin pigmentation in a South Asian populationRenee P Stokowski
Perlegen Sciences, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Am J Hum Genet 81:1119-32. 2007..Our study is the first to interrogate polymorphisms across the genome, to find genetic determinants of the natural variation of skin pigmentation within a human population...
- Regulation of Sensory-Motor Connectivity by Semaphorin-Plexin SignalingYutaka Yoshida; Fiscal Year: 2013..Second, sema6D and its receptor plexinA1 are expressed by motor and proprioceptive sensory neurons when synaptogenesis is ..
- Kai Jiao; Fiscal Year: 2014..Using this unique cell culture system, we identified Sema6D as a novel regulatory target of BMP signaling in AV cushions...
- Jenny P Ting; Fiscal Year: 2016..and PIxnAI on DC represent a pair of ligand-receptor, and the T cell signaling pathway that is activated upon Sema6D engagement is conducted via the c-abl/CrL pathway...
- Carol A Mason; Fiscal Year: 2016..semaphorin receptor Plexin-A1, expressed by contralateral RGCs and optic chiasm cells, form a complex with midline Sema6D to convert inhibition into growth of contralateral RGC axons...
- Carol A Mason; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, we localized Sema6D at the chiasm midline and its receptor, Plexin-A1, is expressed in all crossing RGCs...
- Plexin-A1: Regulation by CIITA and immunologic functionJenny Ting; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additional data suggest that Semaphorin 6D (SemaGD) is a candidate T cell ligand for Plxnal on DC...