Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEMA3A
Description: semaphorin 3A
Alias: COLL1, HH16, Hsema-I, Hsema-III, SEMA1, SEMAD, SEMAIII, SEMAL, SemD, coll-1, semaphorin-3A, collapsin 1, sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), short basic domain, secreted, (semaphorin) 3A, semaphorin D, semaphorin III, semaphorin L
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Cis and trans interactions of L1 with neuropilin-1 control axonal responses to semaphorin 3AV Castellani
Laboratoire de Neurogenèse et Morphogenèse dans le Développement et chez l Adulte, UMR CNRS 6156, Universite de la Mediterranee, IBDM, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
EMBO J 21:6348-57. 2002..immunoglobulin superfamily adhesion molecule (Ig CAM) associates with neuropilin-1 (NP-1) to form a semaphorin3A (Sema3A) receptor and soluble L1 converts Sema3A-induced axonal repulsion into attraction...
- Ligand-induced internalization selects use of common receptor neuropilin-1 by VEGF165 and semaphorin3AMasashi Narazaki
Basic Research Laboratory, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive 12N226, Bethesda, MD 20892 1907
Blood 107:3892-901. 2006..We report that semaphorin3A (Sema3A) inhibits endothelial-cell lamellipodia formation, adhesion, survival, proliferation, and cord formation...
- Sulfated polysaccharides identified as inducers of neuropilin-1 internalization and functional inhibition of VEGF165 and semaphorin3AMasashi Narazaki
The Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1907, USA
Blood 111:4126-36. 2008..These results demonstrate that engineered receptor internalization is an effective strategy for reducing levels and function of cell-surface receptors, and identify certain sulfated polysaccharides as "internalization inducers."..
- The semaphorin genes encode a family of transmembrane and secreted growth cone guidance moleculesA L Kolodkin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Cell 75:1389-99. 1993..D-Sema I and D-Sema II are expressed by subsets of neurons and muscles. Genetic analysis in Drosophila reveals that semall is an essential gene that is required for both proper adult behavior and survival...
- Neuropilin-2, a novel member of the neuropilin family, is a high affinity receptor for the semaphorins Sema E and Sema IV but not Sema IIIH Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Neuron 19:547-59. 1997..Neuropilin (neuropilin-1) was recently identified as a receptor for Collapsin-1/Semaphorin III/D (Sema III)...
- Plexin-neuropilin-1 complexes form functional semaphorin-3A receptorsT Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cell 99:59-69. 1999..Plex 1 alone does not bind semaphorin-3A (Sema3A), but the NP-1/Plex 1 complex has a higher affinity for Sema3A than does NP-1 alone...
- Class 3 semaphorins control vascular morphogenesis by inhibiting integrin functionGuido Serini
Division of Molecular Angiogenesis, IRCC, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, and Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Torino School of Medicine, 10060 Candiolo, TO, Italy
Nature 424:391-7. 2003..b>Sema3a null mice show vascular defects as well...
- Competing autocrine pathways involving alternative neuropilin-1 ligands regulate chemotaxis of carcinoma cellsRobin E Bachelder
Division of Cancer Biology and Angiogenesis, Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Cancer Res 63:5230-3. 2003Neuropilin-1 (NP1), in conjunction with plexins, promotes axon repulsion by binding to semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A)...
- Cross-talk between vascular endothelial growth factor and semaphorin-3A pathway in the regulation of normal and malignant mesothelial cell proliferationAlfonso Catalano
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
FASEB J 18:358-60. 2004..Therefore, these results delineate a new role of Sema-3A in VEGF function mediated by p38 MAPK and suggest that the abrogation of regulated Sema-3A expression is responsible for VEGF-driven growth of tumor cells...
- Semaphorin 3E and plexin-D1 control vascular pattern independently of neuropilinsChenghua Gu
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Science 307:265-8. 2005..These findings reveal an unexpected semaphorin signaling pathway and define a mechanism for controlling vascular patterning...
- Semaphorin-3A is expressed by tumor cells and alters T-cell signal transduction and functionAlfonso Catalano
Dipartimento di Patologia Molecolare, Politecnica delle Marche, Via Ranieri, 60131, Ancona, Italy
Blood 107:3321-9. 2006..These results suggest that Sema-3A inhibits primary T-cell activation and imply that it can contribute to the T-cell dysfunction in the tumor microenvironment...
- RanBPM contributes to Semaphorin3A signaling through plexin-A receptorsHideaki Togashi
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Neurosci 26:4961-9. 2006Secreted Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) proteins are known to act as diffusible and repellant axonal guidance cues during nervous system development. A receptor complex consisting of a Neuropilin and a Plexin-A mediates their effects...
- Immunosuppressive role of semaphorin-3A on T cell proliferation is mediated by inhibition of actin cytoskeleton reorganizationYves Lepelletier
CNRS UMR 8147, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Rene Descartes, Paris V, Hopital Necker, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 36:1782-93. 2006..Therefore, we propose that Sema-3A secretion and the resulting NP-1/Sema-3A interaction are involved in a late negative feedback loop controlling DC-induced T cell proliferation...
- Control of human thymocyte migration by Neuropilin-1/Semaphorin-3A-mediated interactionsYves Lepelletier
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8147, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Hopital Necker, 75743 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5545-50. 2007..In conclusion, we show here that NP-1/Sema-3A-mediated interactions participate in the control of human thymocyte development...
- Increased class 3 semaphorin expression modulates the invasive and adhesive properties of prostate cancer cellsJeffery G Herman
The Pharmacology and Toxicology Graduate Program, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the Cancer Prevention and Research Center, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6713, USA
Int J Oncol 30:1231-8. 2007The class 3 semaphorins, sema3A and sema3C, provide important guidance cues in cell development and in cancer; however, the role of these semaphorins in prostate cancer is not known...
- Semaphorin3A signaling controls Fas (CD95)-mediated apoptosis by promoting Fas translocation into lipid raftsSimona Moretti
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Blood 111:2290-9. 2008..Here, we show that Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) triggers a proapoptotic program that sensitizes leukemic T cells to Fas (CD95)-mediated apoptosis...
- Successful inhibition of tumor development by specific class-3 semaphorins is associated with expression of appropriate semaphorin receptors by tumor cellsBoaz Kigel
Cancer Research and Vascular Biology Center, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
PLoS ONE 3:e3287. 2008..To determine if additional class-3 semaphorins such as sema3A, sema3D, sema3E and sema3G possess anti-angiogenic and anti-tumorigenic properties, we expressed the recombinant ..
- Expression and function of semaphorin 3A and its receptors in human monocyte-derived macrophagesJong Dae Ji
Arthritis and Tissue Degeneration Program, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA
Hum Immunol 70:211-7. 2009..We show that the expression of Sema3A receptors (neuropilin-1 (NRP-1), NRP-2, plexin A1, plexin A2, and plexin A3) significantly increased during M-CSF-..
- Semaphorin 3A expression in the colon of Hirschsprung diseaseLi Li Wang
Key Laboratory of Health Ministry for Congenital Malformation, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 91:842-7. 2011..The Semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A) gene is involved in the migration of enteric neural precursors (ENPs)...
- SEMA3A rs7804122 polymorphism is associated with Hirschsprung disease in the Northeastern region of ChinaLi Li Wang
Key Laboratory of Health Ministry for Congenital Malformation, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, People s Republic of China
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 94:91-5. 2012..Our previous results showed increased semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A) expression may be the risk factor for HSCR pathology in a subset of patients...
- Decreased expression of semaphorin-3A, a neurite-collapsing factor, is associated with itch in psoriatic skinKenzen Kou
Department of Environmental Immuno Dermatology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Acta Derm Venereol 92:521-8. 2012..We propose that decreased semaphorin-3A and increased NGF expression levels may trigger the outgrowth of C-fibres, leading to pruritus...
- Semaphorin 3A is a marker for disease activity and a potential immunoregulator in systemic lupus erythematosusZahava Vadasz
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31048, Israel
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R146. 2012b>Semaphorin 3A (sema3A) and neuropilin-1 (NP-1) play a regulatory role in immune responses and have a demonstrated effect on the course of collagen induced arthritis...
- Neuron restrictive silencer factor NRSF/REST is a transcriptional repressor of neuropilin-1 and diminishes the ability of semaphorin 3A to inhibit keratinocyte migrationPeter Kurschat
Department of Surgery, Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2721-9. 2006..and serves as a receptor for both vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), an angiogenesis factor, and semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), a mediator of axonal guidance...
- Galectin-1 and semaphorin-3A are two soluble factors conferring T-cell immunosuppression to bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellYves Lepelletier
CNRS UMR 8147, Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Stem Cells Dev 19:1075-9. 2010..Taken together, these results demonstrate the critical role of Galectin-1 and Sema-3A in MSCs functions and may open new perspectives in the understanding and treatment of various immune and neoplastic disorders...
- Semaphorin-3A and semaphorin-3F work together to repel endothelial cells and to inhibit their survival by induction of apoptosisNoga Guttmann-Raviv
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Rappaport Research Institute in the Medical Sciences, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
J Biol Chem 282:26294-305. 2007Semaphorin-3A (sema3A) is a neuropilin-1 (np1) agonist. It inhibits the binding of the 165-amino acid form of VEGF (VEGF(165)) to np1 and was reported to inhibit angiogenesis as a result...
- A Role of Staphyococcus aureus, Interleukin-18, Nerve Growth Factor and Semaphorin 3A, an Axon Guidance Molecule, in Pathogenesis and Treatment of Atopic DermatitisZenro Ikezawa
Department of Environmental Immuno Dermatology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Allergy Asthma Immunol Res 2:235-46. 2010..b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), an axon guidance molecule, is a potent inhibitor of neurite outgrowth of sensory neurons...
- Evidence that Sema3A and Sema3F regulate the migration of GABAergic neurons in the developing neocortexNobuaki Tamamaki
Department of Morphological Brain Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Konoecho, Yoshida, Sakyoku, Kyoto, 606 8501 Japan
J Comp Neurol 455:238-48. 2003..Ectopic Sema3A or -3F expression by COS1 cell clusters placed on embryo neocortical slices reduced the cell migration but did not ..
- Expression of class 3 semaphorins and neuropilin receptors in the developing mouse toothS Løes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, N 5009, Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 101:191-4. 2001..We compared mRNA expression of class 3 semaphorins (Sema3A, 3B, 3C and 3F) and their two receptors (Neuropilin-1 and -2) in the embryonic mouse first molar tooth germ (E10-..
- Expression of axon guidance molecules and their related genes during development and sexual differentiation of the olfactory bulb in ratsT Y Tsim
Department of Physiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Neuroscience 123:951-65. 2004Axon guidance molecules and related proteins such as semaphorin 3A, neuropilin-1, plexin-1, netrin-1, growth-associated protein, olfactory marker protein, cypin and collapsin response mediator proteins guide the development of neural ..
- Correlation between semaphorin3A-induced facilitation of axonal transport and local activation of a translation initiation factor eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4EChanxia Li
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Neurosci 24:6161-70. 2004..protein synthesis is implicated in navigation of neurite extension induced by guidance cues, such as semaphorin3A (Sema3A)...
- [Expression of Sema3A and NP-1 in spinal cord and spared dorsal root ganglion after partial dorsal root rhizotomy of cat]Yan Ding
Department of Histology, Embryology and Neurobiology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 39:48-51. 2008To investigate the expression of semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) and neuropilin 1 (NP-1) in spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion after partial dorsal root rhizotomy.
- Expressions of neuropilin-1, neuropilin-2 and semaphorin 3A mRNA in the rat brain after middle cerebral artery occlusionH Fujita
Department of Anatomy, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu, 791 0295, Ehime, Japan
Brain Res 914:1-14. 2001..investigated the spatial and temporal expressions of mRNA encoding neuropilin (Npn)-1, Npn-2 and semaphorin3A (Sema3A) in the rat brain after occlusion of the middle cerebral artery (MAC) distal to the striate branches...
- Decorin, erythroblastic leukaemia viral oncogene homologue B4 and signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 regulation of semaphorin 3A in central nervous system scar tissueKenneth H Minor
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Brain 134:1140-55. 2011..Of multiple known central nervous system scar associated axon growth inhibitors, semaphorin 3A has been shown to be strongly expressed by invading leptomeningeal fibroblasts...
- Age-dependent effects of secreted Semaphorins 3A, 3F, and 3E on developing hippocampal axons: in vitro effects and phenotype of Semaphorin 3A (-/-) miceE Pozas
Department of Cell Biology, University of Barcelona, E 08028, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 18:26-43. 2001..However, at perinatal stages, the inner layers of the entorhinal cortex attract CA1 axons. At these stages, Sema3A and Sema3F bind commissural and entorhinal axons...
- Plexin/neuropilin complexes mediate repulsion by the axonal guidance signal semaphorin 3AB Rohm
Molecular Neurogenetics Laboratory, Department of Neurochemistry, Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Deutschordenstrasse 46, D 60528, Frankfurt, Germany
Mech Dev 93:95-104. 2000..The effects of one of these repulsive cues, semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), are mediated by the membrane protein neuropilin-1 (Npn-1)...
- Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein is Involved in Protein Synthesis-Dependent Collapse of Growth Cones Induced by Semaphorin-3AChanxia Li
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University Atlanta, GA, USA
Front Neural Circuits 3:11. 2009..that FMRP is involved in axonal and growth cone responses induced by the axon guidance factor, Semaphorin-3A (Sema3A)...
- Semaphorin-3A and its receptor neuropilin-1 are predominantly expressed in endothelial cells along the rostral migratory stream of young and adult miceEsperanza Meléndez-Herrera
Departamento de Biologia Celular y Fisiologia, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, D F, Mexico
Cell Tissue Res 333:175-84. 2008..Moreover, the present work outlines the potential role of blood vessels on neuroblast migration in the postnatal rostral migratory stream...
- Semaphorin3A/neuropilin-1 signaling acts as a molecular switch regulating neural crest migration during cornea developmentPeter Y Lwigale
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, MS 140, Rice University, P O Box 1892, Houston, TX 77251, USA
Dev Biol 336:257-65. 2009..In exploring the molecular mechanisms underlying this effect, we find that semaphorin3A (Sema3A) is expressed in the lens placode and epithelium continuously throughout eye development...
- Semaphorin 3A is required for guidance of olfactory axons in miceG A Schwarting
The Shriver Center, Waltham, Massachusetts 02452, USA
J Neurosci 20:7691-7. 2000b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is a membrane-associated secreted protein that has chemorepulsive properties for neuropilin-1 (npn-1)- expressing axons...
- Pontocerebellar axon guidance: neuropilin-1- and semaphorin 3A-sensitivity gradients across basilar pontine nuclei and semaphorin 3A variation across cerebellumJoanna M Solowska
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 21:266-84. 2002To assess the role of semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) and its receptor component neuropilin-1 (Npn-1) in pontocerebellar axon guidance, we compared the distributions of Sema3A, Npn-1, and DiI-labeled pontocerebellar axons in neonatal mouse ..
- Regulation of dendritic branching and spine maturation by semaphorin3A-Fyn signalingAsa Morita
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
J Neurosci 26:2971-80. 2006A member of semaphorin family, semaphorin3A (Sema3A), acts as a chemorepellent or chemoattractant on a wide variety of axons and dendrites in the development of the nervous systems...
- Increased proximal bifurcation of CA1 pyramidal apical dendrites in sema3A mutant miceFumio Nakamura
Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, 3 9, Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
J Comp Neurol 516:360-75. 2009Semaphorin-3A (Sema3A) is an attractive guidance molecule for cortical apical dendrites...
- Autocrine Semaphorin3A stimulates eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-dependent RhoA translation in breast tumor cellsHongjie Pan
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, D U M C, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:2825-32. 2010..Previous studies indicate that the axon repulsion factor Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) stimulates the eIF4E-dependent translation of RhoA in neurons, and breast tumor cells support autocrine Sema3A ..
- Gene expression of neuropilin-1 and its receptors, VEGF/Semaphorin 3a, in normal and cancer cellsDing Haixia
Department of Geriatric Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, No 300 Guangzhou Street, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210029, People s Republic of China
Cell Biochem Biophys 59:39-47. 2011..neuropilin-1 (Np1), specifically bind an array of factors and co-receptors including class-3 semaphorins (Sema3a), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), hepatocyte growth factor, platelet-derived growth factor BB, ..
- Peripheral, but not central, axotomy induces neuropilin-1 mRNA expression in adult large diameter primary sensory neuronsI Gavazzi
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College London, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 423:492-9. 2000Neuropilin-1 (NP-1) is a component of the receptor for semaphorin3a (Sema3a), a member of a large family of molecules with widespread expression and demonstrable influence (via their ability to repel growing axons) on nervous system ..
- Diverse gene expression and function of semaphorins in developing lung: positive and negative regulatory roles of semaphorins in lung branching morphogenesisM Kagoshima
Department of Pharmacology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fuku ura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Genes Cells 6:559-71. 2001Previously, we reported that Sema3A, one of the secreted repulsive axon guidance molecules, CRMP (collapsin response mediator protein)-2, a putative intracellular signalling molecule for Sema3A and Sema3A receptor neuropilin-1 are ..
- Segmental organization of spinal reflexes mediating autonomic dysreflexia after spinal cord injuryAlexander G Rabchevsky
University of Kentucky, Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center and Department of Physiology, 741 South Limestone Street, B371 BBSRB, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
Prog Brain Res 152:265-74. 2006..with microinjections of adenovirus encoding the growth-promoting nerve growth factor or the growth-inhibitory semaphorin 3A. This was followed by assessment of physiological responses to colorectal distension and subsequent histology...
- Expression of semaphorin 3A and its receptors in the human intervertebral disc: potential role in regulating neural ingrowth in the degenerate intervertebral discSotonye K Tolofari
Tissue Injury and Repair Group, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Manchester, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R1. 2010..The mechanisms underlying neural ingrowth are, however, not fully understood. Semaphorin 3A (sema3A) is an axonal guidance molecule with the ability to repel nerves seeking their synaptic target...
- Examination of cellular and molecular events associated with optic nerve axotomyAnat Nitzan
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Glia 54:545-56. 2006..Analyzing cellular behavior during scar formation and determining the expression of growth inhibiting molecules in the optic nerve and retina following acute optic nerve injury...
- Semaphorin 3A-Neuropilin-1 signaling regulates peripheral axon fasciculation and pathfinding but not developmental cell death patternsCorinna Haupt
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Munich Neuherberg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 31:1164-72. 2010..b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), in addition to its function as a guidance cue and mediator of timing and fasciculation of motor and ..
- Anti-semaphorin 3A antibodies rescue retinal ganglion cells from cell death following optic nerve axotomyAnat Shirvan
Department of Neurology and the Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, and the Sackler School of Medicine, Petach Tiqva 49100, Israel
J Biol Chem 277:49799-807. 2002..A small conserved peptide derived from semaphorin 3A that was previously shown to induce neuronal death in culture was capable of inducing RGC loss upon its ..
- Targeting sensory axon regeneration in adult spinal cordXiao Qing Tang
Department of Physiology, Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
J Neurosci 27:6068-78. 2007..To restrict these axons within superficial laminas, adenovirus expressing semaphorin 3A was injected into the ventral spinal cord 3 d after NGF virus injection...
- Vocal control area-related expression of neuropilin-1, plexin-A4, and the ligand semaphorin-3A has implications for the evolution of the avian vocal systemEiji Matsunaga
Laboratory for Biolinguistics, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako, 351 0198, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 51:45-54. 2009..These results suggest the possibility that a change in the expression of a combination of semaphorin/neuropilin/plexin was involved in the acquisition of vocal learning ability during evolution...
- Polyelectrolyte multilayer-mediated gene delivery for semaphorin signaling pathway controlDoriane Richard
INSERM UMR 977, 11, rue Humann, 67085 Strasbourg, France
Small 6:2405-11. 2010..representative of a cell signalling process that proceeds in a top-down manner, cell collapse induced by semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) was chosen as the target...
- The neurovascular relation in oxygen-induced retinopathyJames D Akula
Department of Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Vis 14:2499-508. 2008....
- Semaphorins act as attractive and repulsive guidance signals during the development of cortical projectionsD Bagnard
INSERM Unité 371 Cerveau et Vision, 69500 Bron, France
Development 125:5043-53. 1998..The present findings show that recombinant Semaphorin D has similar effects on cortical axons and, in addition, inhibits axonal branching...
- Distorted odor maps in the olfactory bulb of semaphorin 3A-deficient miceMasahiko Taniguchi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Neurosci 23:1390-7. 2003b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) repels growing olfactory axons that express neuropilin-1 (NP-1), a receptor for Sema3A...
- Requirement of neuropilin 1-mediated Sema3A signals in patterning of the sympathetic nervous systemTakahiko Kawasaki
Group of Developmental Neurobiology, Division of Biological Science, Nagoya University Graduate School of Science, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
Development 129:671-80. 2002Neuropilin 1 is the specific receptor for Sema3A and plays a role in nerve fiber guidance...
- Anatomy of rat semaphorin III/collapsin-1 mRNA expression and relationship to developing nerve tracts during neuroembryogenesisR J Giger
Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, Netherlands Institute for Brain Research, The Netherlands
J Comp Neurol 375:378-92. 1996b>Semaphorin III/collapsin-1 (semaIII/coll-1) is a chemorepellent that exhibits a repulsive effect on growth cones of dorsal root ganglion neurons...
- Semaphorin3A-induced receptor endocytosis during axon guidance responses is mediated by L1 CAMValerie Castellani
Laboratoire de Neurogenèse et Morphogenèse dans le Développement et chez l Adulte UMR CNRS 6156, Universite de la Mediterranee, IBDM, 13288 Marseilles 9, France
Mol Cell Neurosci 26:89-100. 2004..that the cell adhesion molecule of the immunoglobulin super family L1 associates with Neuropilin-1 (NP-1) the Sema3A-binding subunit of the receptor complex and is required for Sema3A to elicit axonal repulsive responses...
- Close homolog of L1 and neuropilin 1 mediate guidance of thalamocortical axons at the ventral telencephalonAmanda G Wright
Department of Biochemistry, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Neurosci 27:13667-79. 2007We report a cooperation between the neural adhesion molecule close homolog of L1 (CHL1) and the semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) receptor, neuropilin 1 (Npn1), important for establishment of area-specific thalamocortical projections...
- Neuropilin ligands in vascular and neuronal patterningAlessandro Fantin
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, 11 43 Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1228-32. 2009..1) is present on both blood vessels and nerves and binds two structurally diverse ligands, the class 3 semaphorin SEMA3A and an isoform of the vascular endothelial growth factor VEGF-A termed VEGF(165) (VEGF(164) in mice)...
- Plexin-A4-semaphorin 3A signaling is required for Toll-like receptor- and sepsis-induced cytokine stormHaitao Wen
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Exp Med 207:2943-57. 2010..Administration of a ligand of plexin-A4, Sema3A (semaphorin 3A), exacerbates the cytokine storm caused by TLR agonists and bacterial sepsis...
- Differential responsiveness to the chemorepellent Semaphorin 3A distinguishes Ipsi- and contralaterally projecting axons in the chick midbrainS Henke-Fahle
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Schleichstrasse 12, Tubingen, D 72076 Germany
Dev Biol 237:381-97. 2001..of axons was observed when tectal explants were cocultured with cell aggregates secreting the chemorepellent Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A). Sema3B and Sema3C, respectively, did not inhibit growth of tectal axons...
- Neuropilin-1 is a direct target of the transcription factor E2F1 during cerebral ischemia-induced neuronal death in vivoSusan X Jiang
NRC Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council Canada, 1200 Montreal Road, Bldg M 54, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 27:1696-705. 2007..Neuropilin 1 (NRP-1), a receptor for semaphorin 3A-mediated axon growth cone collapse and retraction, was confirmed to be a direct target of E2F1 based on (i) ..
- Neuropilin-1 promotes human glioma progression through potentiating the activity of the HGF/SF autocrine pathwayB Hu
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1863, USA
Oncogene 26:5577-86. 2007..NRP1 potentiates the signaling pathways stimulated by semaphorin 3A and VEGF-A in neuronal and endothelial cells, respectively...
- Hepatocyte growth factor-mediated cell invasion in pancreatic cancer cells is dependent on neuropilin-1Arikira Matsushita
Department of Medicine, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Cancer Res 67:10309-16. 2007Neuropilin-1 (Np-1), a receptor for semaphorin 3A and vascular endothelial growth factor, is expressed at high levels in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC)...
- Vascular endothelial-derived semaphorin 3 inhibits sympathetic axon growthDeborah H Damon
Department of Pharmacology, University of Vermont, Given Bldg, Rm C 413A, 89 Beaumont Ave, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H1220-5. 2006..Recent studies indicate that vascular endothelial cells (EC) express semaphorin 3A, a repulsive axon guidance cue. This suggests that EC would inhibit the growth of axons to blood vessels...
- RhoA-kinase coordinates F-actin organization and myosin II activity during semaphorin-3A-induced axon retractionGianluca Gallo
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University College of Medicine, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
J Cell Sci 119:3413-23. 2006..I report that semaphorin 3A activates myosin II in growth cones and axons...
- Upregulation of Semaphorin 3A and the associated biochemical and cellular events in a rat model of retinal detachmentOlga Klebanov
Goldschleger Eye Research Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Haim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:73-86. 2009..Despite advanced surgical repair techniques, the visual acuity of patients is often limited. We investigated some of the biochemical and morphological alterations following experimental retinal detachment in laboratory animals...
- A semaphorin 3A inhibitor blocks axonal chemorepulsion and enhances axon regenerationMarisol Montolio
IRB Barcelona, Department of Cell Biology, University of Barcelona, and CIBERNED ISCIII, Barcelona Science Park, Baldiri i Reixac 10, Barcelona E 08028, Spain
Chem Biol 16:691-701. 2009..We screened a peptoid combinatorial library to search for semaphorin 3A inhibitors, and identified a peptoid (SICHI: semaphorin Induced chemorepulsion inhibitor) that blocks ..
- Fyn and Cdk5 mediate semaphorin-3A signaling, which is involved in regulation of dendrite orientation in cerebral cortexYukio Sasaki
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Neurobiology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Neuron 35:907-20. 2002Semaphorin-3A (Sema3A), a member of class 3 semaphorins, regulates axon and dendrite guidance in the nervous system. How Sema3A and its receptors plexin-As and neuropilins regulate neuronal guidance is unknown...
- Collapsin response mediator proteins of neonatal rat brain interact with chondroitin sulfateSebastian Franken
Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Nussallee 11, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:3241-50. 2003..collapsin response mediator protein-4 (CRMP-4), which belongs to a family of proteins involved in collapsin/semaphorin 3A signaling...
- Regulation of semaphorin 3A expression in neurons of the rat spinal cord and cerebral cortex after transection injuryMasayuki Hashimoto
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, 260 8677 Chiba, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 107:250-6. 2004b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is a secreted repulsive axon guidance protein. It appears to play important roles in axon fasciculation, branching, neuronal migration, and tissue differentiation during embryonic development...
- Distinct, autosomal recessive form of spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia segregating in an inbred Pakistani kindredM Ahmad
Department of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Am J Med Genet 78:468-73. 1998..a remote area of Pakistan, comprising eight generations, with a distinct form of spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia (SEMD). We evaluated 16 affected individuals: 11 males and 5 females...
- Evidence that collapsin response mediator protein-2 is involved in the dynamics of microtubulesY Gu
Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo 7 3 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:17917-20. 2000..CRMP-2 mediates the intracellular response to collapsin 1/semaphorin 3A, a repulsive extracellular guidance cue for axonal outgrowth...
- Plexina1 autoinhibition by the plexin sema domainT Takahashi
Department of Neurology and, Section of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Neuron 29:429-39. 2001b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) binds to neuropilin-1 (NP1) and activates the transmembrane Plexin to transduce a repulsive axon guidance signal...
- Semaphorin 3A-mediated axon guidance regulates convergence and targeting of P2 odorant receptor axonsGerald A Schwarting
The Shriver Center, 200 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
Eur J Neurosci 19:1800-10. 2004..destinations for growing olfactory axons, we have also determined the spatial organization of P2 glomeruli in semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) mutant mice...
- Ventral migration of early-born neurons requires Dcc and is essential for the projections of primary afferents in the spinal cordYu Qiang Ding
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Washington University Pain Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 132:2047-56. 2005..neurons are followed by proprioceptive afferents, while their presence repels nociceptive afferents through Sema3a. Thus, our study has shown that Dcc is a key molecule required for ventral migration of early-born neurons, and ..
- Functional interaction between matrix metalloproteinase-3 and semaphorin-3C during cortical axonal growth and guidanceB Gonthier
INSERM U575, Physiopathologie du Système Nerveux, Centre de Neurochimie, 67084 Strasbourg, France
Cereb Cortex 17:1712-21. 2007..Interestingly, the inhibitory Sema3A decreased both the expression and activity of MMP-3...
- Effects of different regions of the developing gut on the migration of enteric neural crest-derived cells: a role for Sema3A, but not Sema3FR B Anderson
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, 3010, Vic, Australia
Dev Biol 305:287-99. 2007..neural precursors (ENPs), (ii) exposure to the caecum might alter the migratory ability of vagal ENPs and (iii) Sema3A might regulate the entry into the hindgut of ENPs derived from sacral neural crest...
- Fgfr2b mediated epithelial-mesenchymal interactions coordinate tooth morphogenesis and dental trigeminal axon patterningPaivi Kettunen
Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, Medical Faculty, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 124:868-83. 2007..dental follicle and adjacent Semaphorin3A-free dental follicle target field as well as appearance of ectopic Sema3A expression domain in the lingual side of the epithelial bud...
- Expanding the phenotype of SPONASTRIME dysplasia to include short dental roots, hypogammaglobulinemia, and cataractsKaren W Gripp
Division of Medical Genetics, A I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19803, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:468-73. 2008SPONASTRIME dysplasia (SD) is an autosomal recessive skeletal dysplasia of the spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia (SEMD) type. The name was derived from "spondylar and nasal alterations with striated metaphyses" [Fanconi et al...
- Regulation of cardiac nerves: a new paradigm in the management of sudden cardiac death?Masaki Ieda
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Curr Med Chem 15:1731-6. 2008..In contrast, Sema3a, which is a neural chemorepellent, is expressed strongly in the trabecular layer in early stage embryos and at a ..
- The Semaphorin receptor PlexinA3 mediates neuronal apoptosis during dorsal root ganglia developmentAyal Ben-Zvi
The Hubert H Humphrey Center for Experimental Medicine and Cancer Research, The Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Neurosci 28:12427-32. 2008..Here we demonstrate that both Plexins contribute to Sema3A-induced cell death in vitro, albeit in a different hierarchy...
- Expression of semaphorin 3A in the rat corneal epithelium during wound healingNaoyuki Morishige
Department of Ophthalmology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minami kogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:451-7. 2010The neural guidance protein semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is expressed in corneal epithelial cells of the adult rat...
- A forward genetic screen in mice identifies Sema3A(K108N), which binds to neuropilin-1 but cannot signalJanna Merte
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 30:5767-75. 2010..Using this assay, we identified Sema3A(K108N), a novel loss-of-function allele of Sema3A...
- Oligo-guanosine nucleotide induces neuropilin-1 internalization in endothelial cells and inhibits angiogenesisMasashi Narazaki
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1907, USA
Blood 116:3099-107. 2010..oligo G) reduce endothelial levels of surface neuropilin-1 (NRP1), a receptor shared by semaphorin 3A and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), which plays critical roles in angiogenesis...
- [Effects of Sema3A derived from tumor cells on functions of dendritic cells]Xie Lai Zhou
Department of Basic Medicine, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou 310036, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 39:364-9. 2010To investigate the effects of tumor cell-derived Sema3A on the immunological functions of murine dendritic cells (DCs).
- Semaphorin3A regulates neuronal polarization by suppressing axon formation and promoting dendrite growthMaya Shelly
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794 5230, USA
Neuron 71:433-46. 2011b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is a secreted factor known to guide axon/dendrite growth and neuronal migration. We found that it also acts as a polarizing factor for axon/dendrite development in cultured hippocampal neurons...
- Semaphorin 3A is expressed in human osteoarthritic cartilage and antagonizes vascular endothelial growth factor 165-promoted chondrocyte migration: an implication for chondrocyte cloningMasashi Okubo
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 63:3000-9. 2011..An axon-guidance molecule, semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), which binds to NRP-1, acts as an antagonist of VEGF signaling in endothelial cells...
- miR-124 acts through CoREST to control onset of Sema3A sensitivity in navigating retinal growth conesMarie Laure Baudet
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Nat Neurosci 15:29-38. 2012..Here we have investigated microRNAs (miRNAs) in the timing control of sensitivity to the semaphorin Sema3A in Xenopus laevis retinal ganglion cell (RGC) growth cones...
- Algorithms for the design of maximum hydropathic complementarity moleculesAlberto Ceselli
Dipartimento di Tecnologie dell Informazione, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Crema, Italy
J Comput Biol 19:261-70. 2012....
- The role and mechanism-of-action of Sema3E and Plexin-D1 in vascular and neural developmentWon Jong Oh
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 220 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 24:156-62. 2013Class 3 secreted semaphorins (Sema3A-3G) participate in many aspects of axon guidance through holoreceptor complexes that include Neuropilin-1 (Npn-1) or Neuropilin-2 and one of the four class A plexin proteins...
- Insufficient OPC migration into demyelinated lesions is a cause of poor remyelination in MS and mouse modelsAmanda Boyd
MS Centre, MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh bioQuarter, 5 Little France Drive, Edinburgh, EH16 4UU, UK
Acta Neuropathol 125:841-59. 2013..MS lesions contained low numbers of OPCs, and these were mostly chronic active lesions, in which cells expressed Sema3A (chemorepellent)...
- Spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia Pakistani type: expansion of the phenotypeBeyhan Tuysuz
Department of Pediatric Genetics, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Med Genet A 161:1300-8. 2013Spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia (SEMD), Pakistani type, is a skeletal dysplasia characterized by platyspondyly, delayed epiphyseal ossification, mild metaphyseal abnormalities, short stature, and short and bowed legs, and is caused by ..
- Sema3A regulates bone-mass accrual through sensory innervationsToru Fukuda
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinanomachi 35, Shinjyuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Nature 497:490-3. 2013b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is a diffusible axonal chemorepellent that has an important role in axon guidance. Previous studies have demonstrated that Sema3a(-/-) mice have multiple developmental defects due to abnormal neuronal innervations...
- Neuropilin regulation of angiogenesis, arteriogenesis, and vascular permeabilityAlice Plein
UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, UK
Microcirculation 21:315-23. 2014..work has shown that vascular NRP1 can variably serve as a receptor for two secreted glycoproteins, the VEGF-A and SEMA3A, but it also has a poorly understood role as an adhesion receptor...
- Semaphorin 3A signaling through neuropilin-1 is an early trigger for distal axonopathy in the SOD1G93A mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisKalina Venkova
From the Departments of Pathology KV, AC, ZK, SS, KH and Neurosciences KH, University of Toledo Health Sciences Campus, Toledo, Ohio and Department of Pathology, University of California at San Diego, San Diego, California PK
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 73:702-13. 2014..Triggers for neuromuscular junction degeneration remain to be determined, but the axon repulsion factor semaphorin 3A (Sema3A), which is derived from terminal Schwann cells, is a plausible candidate...
- Population variation in total genetic risk of Hirschsprung disease from common RET, SEMA3 and NRG1 susceptibility polymorphismsAshish Kapoor
Center for Complex Disease Genomics, McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Mol Genet 24:2997-3003. 2015..Thus, these polymorphisms can be used to stratify the newborn population into distinct phenotypic classes with defined risks to understand HSCR etiology. ..
- Dysspondyloenchondromatosis (DSC) associated with COL2A1 mutation: Clinical and radiological overlap with spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia-Strudwick type (SEMD-S)Blair Merrick
North West Thames Regional Genetics Service, London North West Healthcare NHS Trust, Harrow, UK
Am J Med Genet A 167:3103-7. 2015..Testing for COL2A1 mutations should be performed in all patients with radiological features of DSC. Further research is needed to identify the underlying molecular cause in cases where no COL2A1 mutation is identified...
- Signaling Mechanisms mediating effects of Semaphorin3AZhigang He; Fiscal Year: 2005..and plexins as probes to explore the signaling mechanisms which mediate the axon guidance effect of Semaphorin3A (Sema3A), a prototype of vertebrate semaphorins. Specifically, we will address the following questions: 1)...
- Effects of Semaphorin 3A on Stroke RecoveryKlaus van Leyen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, we propose to investigate the influence of signaling via the axon guidance molecule semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) on the recovery process after experimental stroke...
- Samie R Jaffrey; Fiscal Year: 2016..proposal are: (1) To profile polyadenylation events that mediate the effects of nerve growth factor (NGF) and Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A)...
- MECHANISMS OF NERVE GROWTH CONE TURNING AND BRANCHINGPaul C Letourneau; Fiscal Year: 2013The experiments in this proposal investigate how two guidance cues, nerve growth factor (NGF) and Semaphorin3A (Sema3A), regulate the migration of the growing tips (growth cones) of sensory (DRG) axons...
- ANNE CHRISTINE EICHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition to VEGF-C-Nrp2-VEGFR3-induced LEC sprouting, our preliminary results show that Sema3A signaling via the other Nrp receptor Nrp1 plays a selective role in lymphatic vessel maturation...
- Characterization of EGCG-receptors: Role in mediating the effects of green teaMARK LUNDQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, EGCG is able to inhibit the effects of certain molecules, such as Semaphorin 3A (SemaSA), that promote axonal retraction...
- Albert Edge; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Semaphorin 3a, repulsive guidance molecule, and semaphorin 4b, a negative regulator of axon guidance and synaptogenesis are ..
- Eph/Ephrin signaling in Taste Nerve TargetingMICHAEL WILLIAM ROCHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Diffusible molecules such as Sema3A and neurotrophins have roles in repelling axons from and attracting axons to epithelial targets, respectively, but ..
- Lois Smith; Fiscal Year: 2014..Nrp-1 binds opposing factors Sema3A and VEGF...
- INTEGRIN SIGNALING IN HEMOSTASIS AND BLOOD DISEASESSanford J Shattil; Fiscal Year: 2012..The synergy achieved by this Program will further our understanding of integrin signaling, with implications for disorders of cell adhesion affecting hemostasis and vascular repair. ..
- Placental growth factor in skin angiogenesisMichael Detmar; Fiscal Year: 2001..PIGF-2 additionally binds to the neuropilin-1 receptor that is also shared by the neuronal guidance molecule semaphorin D whcih acts as an antagonist...
- Alex L Kolodkin; Fiscal Year: 2014..in vivo to govern cortical pyramidal neuron apical dendritic spine morphology and synaptogenesis, whereas semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) promotes the elaboration of basal dendritic arbors...
- Peter Y Lwigale; Fiscal Year: 2016..the angiogenic vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and the anti-angiogenic guidance molecule Semaphorin3A (Sema3A)...
- MECHANISMS OF NEURONAL GUIDANCEARTHUR LANDER; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Effects of Sema3A-Nrp1 signaling on tumor cell extravastion and metastasisLISETTE MARIE ACEVEDO; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of the proposed research project is to examine the role of semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) signaling in tumor cell extravasation and metastasis...
- Alda Tufro; Fiscal Year: 2016..Identification of novel pathogenic factors that serve as biomarkers for DN is needed. Semaphorin3a (sema3a), a guidance protein secreted by podocytes, is essential for normal glomerular filtration barrier development...
- Live Imaging of Neural Crest Contribution to the Developing CorneaSHANNON LUCIA GRISWOLD; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, I will determine the response of each subpopulation to the cell guidance molecule Semaphorin3A (Sema3A) that has been shown to influence the ocular fate of NCCs...
- Structural Study of Semaphorins, Neuropilins and PlexinsDimitar Nikolov; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- GENE THERAPY FOR SPINAL CORD REGENERATIONGeorge Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..to accomplish the following specific aims: 1) to determine if co-expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and semaphorin 3a within the adult spinal cord will direct the regeneration of sensory axons to appropriate target locations...
- Role of Chemorepellants during Neural Crest Migration in the EyePeter Y Lwigale; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have also observed that Sema3A and Npn-1 are expressed in the lens and periocular neural crest respectively, early during eye development, but ..
- EICOSANOID IN GROWTH CONE REPELLENT SIGNALINGKARL PFENNINGER; Fiscal Year: 2005..that generation of eicosanoids by 12/15-lipoxygenase is necessary and sufficient (at least partially) for semaphorin 3A-induced collapse...
- Modulatory Axonal Guidance CuesJonathan Raper; Fiscal Year: 2007..This grant supported the discovery of sema3A (Collapsin-1) and some of the other class III semaphorin relatives; the characterization of their biological ..
- SEMAPHORINS E AND H AND GROWTH CONE GUIDANCEJonathan Raper; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will be accomplished by determining whether mutating either of these two genes by homologous recombination in mice perturbs the trajectories of extending axons in vivo. ..
- SEMAPHORIN ACTIVATION AND ROLE IN NEURONAL REGENERATIONCLIFFORD WOOLF; Fiscal Year: 2004..The specific aims are: 1) To identify elements of the activation domain of semaphorin 3A using several complementary approaches including chimeric proteins, deletion analysis, point mutations, ..
- CELL RECOGNITION DURING NEURONAL DEVELOPMENTCOREY GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Semaphorin II is a chemorepellent/inhibitor and is closely related to mammalian semaphorin III/collapsin and other secreted members of the semaphorin family...
- The Role of CRMP in Sema3 A Signaling & Axon GuidenceEric Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Sema3A is a common axon repellent which causes growth cone collapse and axon paralysis in numerous types of neurons...
- Kidney vascularization: semaphorin-mediated mechanisms.Alda Tufro; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding the molecular basis of guidance cues for cell migration should enable us to generate new strategies for diagnosis and treatment of congenital renal abnormalities and to develop organogenesis in vitro. ..
- Mechanisms of filopodia initiation and actin transportGianluca Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2009..We present studies aimed at determining the role of extra-cellular signals, signaling pathways, and microtubules in regulating the earliest events in filopodial initiation. ..
- The Role of Actomyosin in Response to Injury and MyelinGianluca Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Collectively, these studies will determine whether the actomyosin system is a viable target for the development of therapies aimed at the inhibition of nerve fiber retraction in injured nervous tissue. ..
- Taste Nerve Guidance by Neurotrophic FactorsMICHAEL ROCHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms Underlying Geniculate Sensory Nerve Divergen*MICHAEL ROCHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..4. Mutant mice lacking the genes encoding putative divergence- relevant cues will be examined to determine which steps of path-finding depend on the missing gene product. ..
- Prenatal Virally Induced Brain Disorder in MouseSEYYED FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, it is expected that the results will provide clues that will lead to fundamental advances in our knowledge of the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and, therefore, of how it can be prevented and treated. ..
- Eph/ephrin Signaling in Taste Nerve DevelopmentMICHAEL ROCHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will place beads soaked in diffusible (Fc) constructs of these molecules near the ganglion to test their impact on nerve divergence. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Migration of early olfactory neuronal progenitorsGERALD SCHWARTING; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will lead to an understanding of the complex factors that guide GnRH neurons to their proper destinations in the hypothalamus to control the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. ..
- Neuroanatomy of social Function in FTDKatherine Rankin; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Notch Signaling in Olfactory Progenitor Cell FateTIMOTHY HENION; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results obtained from these preliminary studies will provide important information on the mechanisms which regulate cell diversity in the olfactory system, and potentially other neurogenic tissues. ..
- Effects of VEGF on Brain Tissue in vitroJEFFREY ROSENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results can lay important cell biological groundwork for understanding how brain tissue might respond to VEGF-based therapy. ..
- Guidance of Taste Nerve During DevelopmentMICHAEL ROCHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Semaphorin 3A (Sema3A) is implicated in repulsive axon guidance throughout the developing nervous system and during regeneration...
- Vascular/sympathetic interactionsDEBORAH DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Role of Intraspinal Plasticity in Autonomic DysreflexiaAlexander Rabchevsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information will form the basis for developing potential treatments for this common and debilitating complication of SCI. ..
- Vascular determinants of sympathetic innervationDEBORAH DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2008..In aim 2 we will also test the hypotheses that vascular-derived leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), and semaphorin 3A mediate the effects of non-innervated vascular cells...
- Mechanisms of VEGF Action in Intact and Grafted CNSJEFFREY ROSENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may provide impetus for the further design strategies for the circumvention of the BBB and/or the targeting of VEGF receptor mediated effects in brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Glypicans in HGF Mediated Cell MorphogenesisAnil Karihaloo; Fiscal Year: 2006..These specific aims are designed to hopefully lead to a better understanding of the role of Gpc expression during kidney development vis-a-vis HGF. ..
- Varenicline and Smoking Cessation in SchizophreniaSEYYED HOSSEIN FATEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such outcomes will be significant, because they will offer a new treatment for smoking cessation in this vulnerable population. ..