Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDHA
Description: succinate dehydrogenase complex flavoprotein subunit A
Alias: CMD1GG, PGL5, SDH1, SDH2, SDHF, succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] flavoprotein subunit, mitochondrial, flavoprotein subunit of complex II, succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit A, flavoprotein (Fp)
Publications180 found, 100 shown here
- Selection of reliable reference genes for qPCR studies on chondroprotective actionStefan Toegel
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
BMC Mol Biol 8:13. 2007..GAPDH, Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate; B2M, Beta-2-microglobulin; HPRT1, Hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl-transferase I; SDHA, Succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit A; YWHAZ, Tyrosine 3-monooxygenase/tryptophan 5-monooxygenase activation ..
- Mutation of a nuclear succinate dehydrogenase gene results in mitochondrial respiratory chain deficiencyT Bourgeron
Unite de Recherches sur les Handicaps Genetiques de l Enfant, INSERM U 393, Institut Necker, Hopital des Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Nat Genet 11:144-9. 1995..This is the first report of a nuclear gene mutation causing a mitochondrial respiratory chain deficiency in humans...
- Compound heterozygous mutations in the flavoprotein gene of the respiratory chain complex II in a patient with Leigh syndromeB Parfait
INSERM U393, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Hum Genet 106:236-43. 2000..So far, profound deficiencies in complex II activity resulting from mutations in the Fp gene of the SDH present only as LS, a striking observation in view of the ubiquitous expression of this typical housekeeping gene in humans...
- A role for mitochondrial enzymes in inherited neoplasia and beyondCharis Eng
Clinical Cancer Genetics Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Division of Human Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, 420 W 12th Avenue, Ste 690 TMRF, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 3:193-202. 2003..Understanding this link between inherited cancer syndromes and neurological disease could provide further insights into the mechanisms by which mitochondrial deficiencies lead to tumour development...
- Homozygous Gly555Glu mutation in the nuclear-encoded 70 kDa flavoprotein gene causes instability of the respiratory chain complex IIRudy Van Coster
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology and Metabolism, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Am J Med Genet A 120:13-8. 2003..This observation prompts speculation of a labile interaction between Ip and Fp polypeptides and of a key role of the amino acid at position 555 in the interacting domain...
- Succinate dehydrogenase deficiency in humanJ J Brière
INSERM U676, Batiment Ecran, Hopital Robert Debre, 48, boulevard Serurier, 75019, Paris, France
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:2317-24. 2005..Mutations in the four genes, SDHA, B, C and D, have been reported, resulting in strikingly diverse clinical presentations...
- Leigh syndrome caused by mutations in the flavoprotein (Fp) subunit of succinate dehydrogenase (SDHA)R Horvath
Metabolic Disease Centre Munich Schwabing, Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Academic Hospital Schwabing, Kolner Platz 1, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:74-6. 2006..Biochemical measurement of skeletal muscle showed a severe decrease in mitochondrial complex II. Sequencing of SDHA revealed compound heterozygosity for a nonsense mutation in exon 4 (W119X) and a missense mutation in exon 3 (A83V),..
- SDH5, a gene required for flavination of succinate dehydrogenase, is mutated in paragangliomaHuai Xiang Hao
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Science 325:1139-42. 2009..Sdh5 is required for SDH-dependent respiration and for Sdh1 flavination (incorporation of the flavin adenine dinucleotide cofactor)...
- Familial neonatal isolated cardiomyopathy caused by a mutation in the flavoprotein subunit of succinate dehydrogenaseAviva Levitas
Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Eur J Hum Genet 18:1160-5. 2010..In this study, we present the association of a mutation in the SDHA gene with recessive neonatal isolated DCM in 15 patients of two large consanguineous Bedouin families...
- SDHA loss-of-function mutations in KIT-PDGFRA wild-type gastrointestinal stromal tumors identified by massively parallel sequencingMaria A Pantaleo
Department of Hematology and Oncological Sciences L A Seragnoli, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:983-7. 2011..mutations in SDHB and SDHC (which encode succinate dehydrogenase subunits B and C, respectively) but not in SDHA and SDHD (which encode subunits A and D, respectively) were identified in KIT/PDGFRA wild-type GISTs...
- The SDH mutation database: an online resource for succinate dehydrogenase sequence variants involved in pheochromocytoma, paraganglioma and mitochondrial complex II deficiencyJean Pierre Bayley
Department of Human Genetics, Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, P, O, Box 9503, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Med Genet 6:39. 2005The SDHA, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD genes encode the subunits of succinate dehydrogenase (succinate: ubiquinone oxidoreductase), a component of both the Krebs cycle and the mitochondrial respiratory chain...
- Characterization of the succinate dehydrogenase-encoding gene cluster (sdh) from the rickettsia Coxiella burnetiiR A Heinzen
Department of Microbiology, Washington State University, Pullman 99164 4233, USA
Gene 155:27-34. 1995..6% for SdhD to a high of 61.2% for SdhA and SdhB. Primer extension identified transcription start points (tsp) for sdh and sucA...
- A proteomic study of Corynebacterium glutamicum AAA+ protease FtsHAlja Lüdke
Institut fur Biochemie, Universitat zu Koln, Zülpicher Str, 47, 50674 Koln, Germany
BMC Microbiol 7:6. 2007..For the analysis of the membrane fraction, anion exchange chromatography was combined with SDS-PAGE, while the cytoplasmic protein fraction was studied by conventional two-dimensional gel electrophoresis...
- Fumarate reductase and succinate oxidase activity of Escherichia coli complex II homologs are perturbed differently by mutation of the flavin binding domainElena Maklashina
Molecular Biology Division, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Biol Chem 281:11357-65. 2006..there is a Glu (FrdA Glu-49) near the covalently bound FAD cofactor in most QFRs, which is replaced with a Gln (SdhA Gln-50) in SQRs...
- Preservation of RNA and destruction of infectivity in microdissected brain tissues of Lewis rats infected with the Borna disease virusDoris Porombka
Department of Pathology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Virol Methods 135:247-53. 2006..BDV-N) and the cellular genes glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), succinate-ubiquinone reductase (SDHA) and hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl-transferase-1 (HPRT) was measured by real-time RT-PCR and compared to BDV-infected ..
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization of succinate: quinone reductase from Thermus thermophilusOlga Kolaj-Robin
Chemical and Environmental Sciences Department and Materials and Surface Science Institute, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1807:68-79. 2011..It consists of four polypeptides with apparent molecular masses of 64, 27, 14 and 15kDa, corresponding to SdhA (flavoprotein), SdhB (iron-sulfur protein), SdhC and SdhD (membrane anchor proteins), respectively...
- The dual-functioning fumarate reductase is the sole succinate:quinone reductase in Campylobacter jejuni and is required for full host colonizationRebecca A Weingarten
Department of Microbiology, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7615, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
J Bacteriol 191:5293-300. 2009..The sdhA::cat(+) strain exhibited wild-type levels of succinate dehydrogenase activity both in vivo and in vitro...
- Nuclear SDH2-1 and SDH2-2 genes, encoding the iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II in Arabidopsis, have distinct cell-specific expression patterns and promoter activitiesAlvaro Elorza
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago, Chile
Plant Physiol 136:4072-87. 2004..To find clues about their role, we have undertaken a detailed analysis of their expression. Two genes (SDH2-1 and SDH2-2) that likely arose via a relatively recent duplication event are expressed in all organs from adult ..
- A rapid method for gene expression analysis of Borna disease virus in neurons and astrocytes using laser microdissection and real-time RT-PCRDoris Porombka
Department of Pathology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Virol Methods 148:58-65. 2008..different reference genes (glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase [GAPDH], succinate-ubiquinone reductase [SDHA], hypoxanthine phosphoribosyl-transferase-1 [HPRT]) were tested...
- Gene mutations in the succinate dehydrogenase subunit SDHB cause susceptibility to familial pheochromocytoma and to familial paragangliomaD Astuti
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 69:49-54. 2001..of two components of succinate dehydrogenase, SDHC and SDHD, anchor the gene products of two other components, SDHA and SDHB, which form the catalytic core, to the inner-mitochondrial membrane...
- Functional study in a yeast model of a novel succinate dehydrogenase subunit B gene germline missense mutation (C191Y) diagnosed in a patient affected by a glomus tumorPaola Goffrini
Department of Genetics, Biology of Microorganisms, Anthropology and Evolution, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 18:1860-8. 2009..The pathogenic significance of the human mutation was validated in a yeast model. SDH2(C184Y) mutant allele equivalent to human SDHB(C191Y) did not restore the OXPHOS phenotype of the Deltasdh2 null ..
- Insertion of transposon Tn5tac1 in the Sinorhizobium meliloti malate dehydrogenase (mdh) gene results in conditional polar effects on downstream TCA cycle genesSergiy I Dymov
Department of Natural Resource Sciences, McGill University, QC, Canada
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 17:1318-27. 2004..Cosmid clone pDS15 restored MDH activity to Rm30049, complemented both the mutant growth and symbiotic phenotypes, and was found to carry six complete (sdhB, mdh, sucCDAB) and two partial (IpdA, sdhA) tricarboxylic acid cycle genes.
- A nuclear gene encoding the iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II is regulated by B3 domain transcription factors during seed development in ArabidopsisHannetz Roschzttardtz
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Plant Physiol 150:84-95. 2009..One of them, SUCCINATE DEHYDROGENASE2-3 (SDH2-3), is specifically expressed in the embryo during seed maturation, suggesting that SDH2-3 may have a role as the ..
- Three different genes encode the iron-sulfur subunit of succinate dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis thalianaP Figueroa
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Plant Mol Biol 46:241-50. 2001..In Arabidopsis thaliana, the homologous protein is now found to be encoded by three nuclear genes. Two genes (sdh2-1 and sdh2-2) likely arose from a relatively recent duplication event since they have similar structures, encode ..
- Pervasive survival of expressed mitochondrial rps14 pseudogenes in grasses and their relatives for 80 million years following three functional transfers to the nucleusHan Chuan Ong
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
BMC Evol Biol 6:55. 2006..the rps14 gene of three grasses (rice, maize, and wheat), which has been relocated to the intron of the nuclear sdh2 gene and which is expressed and targeted to the mitochondrion via alternative splicing and usage of the sdh2 ..
- The triad of paragangliomas, gastric stromal tumours and pulmonary chondromas (Carney triad), and the dyad of paragangliomas and gastric stromal sarcomas (Carney-Stratakis syndrome): molecular genetics and clinical implicationsC A Stratakis
Section on Endocrinology and Genetics, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, NICHD, NIH, Building 10, CRC, Room 1 3330, 10 Center Dr, MSC1103, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Intern Med 266:43-52. 2009..series of patients with CT, 34 females and three males (median age of presentation 21 years) who did not carry SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, KIT or PDGFRA gene mutations...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate-ubiquinone reductase contains a stoichiometric amount of cytochrome b562K S Oyedotun
The Medical Research Council of Canada Group in the Molecular Biology of Membranes, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton
FEBS Lett 442:203-7. 1999..reductase or succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) is a tetramer of non-equivalent subunits encoded by the SDH1, SDH2, SDH3, and SDH4 genes. In most organisms, SDH contains one or two endogenous b-type hemes...
- Genes encoding the same three subunits of respiratory complex II are present in the mitochondrial DNA of two phylogenetically distant eukaryotesG Burger
Program in Evolutionary Biology, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Departement de Biochimie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:2328-32. 1996..These complex II genes, sdh2, sdh3, and sdh4, are homologs, respectively, of Escherichia coli sdhB, sdhC, and sdhD. In E...
- Selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR in a rat asphyxial cardiac arrest modelKristina Langnaese
Institute of Medical Neurobiology, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str, 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 9:53. 2008..hypoxanthine guanine phosphoribosyl transferase; Pgk1, phosphoglycerate kinase 1; Rpl13a, ribosomal protein L13A; Sdha, succinat dehydrogenase complex, subunit a, flavoprotein (Fp); Tbp, TATA box binding protein; Ywhaz, tyrosine 3-..
- Subchronic exposure to arsenic decreased Sdha expression in the brain of miceYan Hong
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Dalian Medical University, No 9 Western Section of Lushun South Road, Dalian, Liaoning 116044, China
Neurotoxicology 30:538-43. 2009..Our results showed that immunoreactivity of 8-OHdG increased remarkably. Succinate dehydrogenase subunit A (Sdha), ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase gene (Uqcr), cytochrome oxidase genes (Cox6a2, Cox17) and ATP Synthase ..
- Succinate dehydrogenase in Arabidopsis thaliana is regulated by light via phytochrome AVasily N Popov
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Physiology, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
FEBS Lett 584:199-202. 2010..The white or red light were found to be down-regulating factors for the mRNA content of the sdh1-2 and sdh2-3 genes and SDH catalytic activity both in A...
- Cytopathies involving mitochondrial complex IIBrian A C Ackrell
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Molecular Biology Division, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Mol Aspects Med 23:369-84. 2002..oxidoreductase) is the smallest complex in the respiratory chain and contains four nuclear-encoded subunits SdhA, SdhB, SdhC, and SdhD. It functions both as a respiratory chain component and an essential enzyme of the TCA cycle...
- Transcriptional Regulation of SDHa flavoprotein by nuclear respiratory factor-1 prevents pseudo-hypoxia in aerobic cardiac cellsClaude A Piantadosi
Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine and the Durham Veteran s Administration Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10967-77. 2008..NRF-1 was found to bind to the gene promoters of two of four nuclear-encoded Complex II subunits: SDHa and SDHd, but the enzyme activity was dynamically regulated through the catalytic SDHa flavoprotein...
- Validation of adequate endogenous reference genes for the normalisation of qPCR gene expression data in human post mortem tissueAntje Koppelkamm
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Freiburg, Albertstr 9, 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Legal Med 124:371-80. 2010..Considering cardiac muscle tissue, CYCA and TBP were identified as the most stable while in skeletal muscle tissue, SDHA and TBP, and in brain tissue, SDHA and HMBS turned out to be the most stable...
- [Dental knowledge and evaluation of school dental care by school graduates in Berne canton]O Kronenberg
Universitat Bern, Klinik für Zahnerhaltung, Präventiv und Kinderzahnmedizin, Freiburgstr 7, 3010 Bern
Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed 111:948-56. 2001..Besides parents and the family, dentists and specifically trained auxiliaries (school dental health assistants, SDHA) were found to play a central role in the mediation of theoretical knowledge and in the practical instruction of ..
- Identification of valid reference genes for the normalization of RT qPCR gene expression data in human brain tissueDavid T R Coulson
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen s University Belfast, Whitla Medical Building, Belfast, BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
BMC Mol Biol 9:46. 2008..Given that expression of some commonly used reference genes is altered in certain conditions, this study aimed to establish which reference genes were stably expressed in post mortem brain tissue from individuals with AD, PD or DLB...
- Transcription of Corynebacterium glutamicum genes involved in tricarboxylic acid cycle and glyoxylate cycleSung Ok Han
Research Institute of Innovative Technology for the Earth, Kyoto, Japan
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 15:264-76. 2008..Northern hybridizations revealed that gltA-fkb, odhA-orfA, sucC-sucD, sdhC-sdhA-sdhB-orfB and mdh-orfC were transcribed as polycistronic mRNAs of size 1.9, 4.5, 2.5, 4.0 and 1.7 kb, respectively...
- Diversity of Francisella species in environmental samples from Martha's Vineyard, MassachusettsZenda L Berrada
Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA, USA
Microb Ecol 59:277-83. 2010..by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) targeting Francisella species 16S rRNA gene and succinate dehydrogenase A (sdhA) sequences; evidence of the agent of tularemia was sought by amplification of Francisella tularensis-specific ..
- Selection of housekeeping genes for gene expression studies in human reticulocytes using real-time PCRNicholas Silver
Molecular Haematology, Division of Gene and Cell Based Therapy, King s College London School of Medicine at King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 9PJ, UK
BMC Mol Biol 7:33. 2006..On this basis, stability of the candidate housekeeping genes was ranked according to repeatability of the gene expression differences among 31 samples...
- Cellular responses and proteomic analysis of Escherichia coli exposed to green tea polyphenolsY S Cho
Department of Biotechnology, Soonchunhyang University, PO Box 97, Asan, Chung Nam 336 600, Republic of Korea
Curr Microbiol 55:501-6. 2007..was downregulated by exposure to TPP (including proteins involved in carbon and energy metabolism, such as Eno, SdhA, and UgpQ, as well as those involved in amino-acid biosynthesis, such as GltK and TyrB)...
- A nuclear gene for the iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II is specifically expressed during Arabidopsis seed development and germinationAlvaro Elorza
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Casilla 114 D, Santiago
Plant Cell Physiol 47:14-21. 2006Three nuclear genes, SDH2-1, SDH2-2 and SDH2-3, encode the essential iron-sulfur subunit of mitochondrial complex II in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Physical and transcript map of the dominant optic atrophy (OPA1) gene critical region at 3q28-q29J T Behnam
Division of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Guy s Hospital, London, SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Genomics 72:213-6. 2001..We found the OPA1 critical interval to be 450-550 kb. It contains 2 known genes, RPL35a and SDHA, which thus constitute candidate genes.
- Reliable transcript quantification by real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction in primary neuroblastoma using normalization to averaged expression levels of the control genes HPRT1 and SDHAMatthias Fischer
University Children s Hospital Cologne, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50924 Cologne, Germany
J Mol Diagn 7:89-96. 2005..stability of six supposed control genes was evaluated in 64 samples of primary neuroblastoma and HPRT1 and SDHA mRNA levels were shown to exhibit the least expression variability among the samples...
- Quality of life and prognosis in heart failure: results of the Beta-Blocker Evaluation of Survival Trial (BEST)Charles W Tate
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Card Fail 13:732-7. 2007..The goal of the current study was to determine the relationship between the different questionnaires, assess the effect of treatment on health status, and evaluate the association between changes in health status and prognosis...
- Relative quantification of mRNA: comparison of methods currently used for real-time PCR data analysisStefan Cikos
Institute of Animal Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Soltesovej 4, 04001 Kosice, Slovakia
BMC Mol Biol 8:113. 2007..Fluorescent data obtained from real-time PCR must be processed by some method of data analysis to obtain the relative quantity of target mRNA. The method chosen for data analysis can strongly influence results of the quantification...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae TCM62 gene encodes a chaperone necessary for the assembly of the mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase (complex II)E Dibrov
Medical Research Council of Canada Group in the Molecular Biology of Membranes, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 273:32042-8. 1998..SDH is encoded by the SDH1, SDH2, SDH3, and SDH4 genes. The holoenzyme is composed of two domains...
- Transcriptome analysis of acetate metabolism in Corynebacterium glutamicum using a newly developed metabolic arrayMikiro Hayashi
Tokyo Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Machida, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:1337-44. 2002..For example, several TCA cycle genes, such as gltA, sdhA, sdhB, fumH, and mdh, and the gluconeogenic gene pck were up-regulated in the acetate medium...
- Functional interactions between the carbon and iron utilization regulators, Crp and Fur, in Escherichia coliZhongge Zhang
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0116, USA
J Bacteriol 187:980-90. 2005..Several other genes including the sdhA-D, sucA-D, and fumA genes, encoding key constituents of the Krebs cycle, proved to be repressed by the loss of both ..
- The succinate:menaquinone reductase of Bacillus cereus: characterization of the membrane-bound and purified enzymeL M Garcia
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico, DF Mexico
Can J Microbiol 54:456-66. 2008..cereus belongs to the type-B group of SQR enzymes, consisting of a 65-kDa flavoprotein (SdhA), a 29-kDa iron-sulphur protein (SdhB), and a 19-kDa subunit containing 2 b-type cytochromes (SdhC)...
- Identification of suitable normalizing genes for quantitative real-time RT-PCR analysis of gene expression in fetal mouse gonadsT Svingen
Division of Molecular Genetics and Development, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Sex Dev 3:194-204. 2009..5 to 14.5 dpc irrespective of sex. Based on our analysis, we suggest that Rn18s, Rps29, Tbp and Sdha are suitable reference genes for qRT-PCR expression studies during early gonad differentiation in the mouse.
- Patients with Leber hereditary optic neuropathy fail to compensate impaired oxidative phosphorylationAlex Korsten
Department of Neurology, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:197-203. 2010..An increase in mitochondrial density per cell compensated for the dysfunctional mitochondria in LHON carriers but was insufficient to result in a normal biochemical phenotype in early-onset LHON patients...
- Sorbitol dehydrogenase of Aspergillus niger, SdhA, is part of the oxido-reductive D-galactose pathway and essential for D-sorbitol catabolismOuti M Koivistoinen
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland
FEBS Lett 586:378-83. 2012..We identified a sorbitol dehydrogenase gene, sdhA (JGI53356), in Aspergillus niger encoding a medium chain dehydrogenase which is involved in D-galactose and D-..
- SdhE is a conserved protein required for flavinylation of succinate dehydrogenase in bacteriaMatthew B McNeil
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Otago, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
J Biol Chem 287:18418-28. 2012..SdhE interacted with the flavoprotein SdhA, directly bound the flavin adenine dinucleotide co-factor, and was required for the flavinylation of SdhA...
- Tissue-specific selection of stable reference genes for real-time PCR normalization in an obese rat modelManuela Cabiati
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Biochemistry, CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Via Giuseppe Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Mol Endocrinol 48:251-60. 2012..The aim of this study was to select among ten candidates (Actb, Gapdh, Polr2a, Ywhag, Rpl13a, Sdha, Ppia, Tbp, Hprt1 and Tfrc) a set of reference genes that can be used for the normalization of mRNA expression data ..
- Succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) and mitochondrial driven neoplasiaAnthony J Gill
Department of Anatomical Pathology and Northern Cancer Translational Research Unit, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
Pathology 44:285-92. 2012The genes for the succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) subunits SDHA, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD are encoded in the autosome...
- Somatic NF1 inactivation is a frequent event in sporadic pheochromocytomaNelly Burnichon
INSERM, UMR970, Paris Cardiovascular Research Center, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 21:5397-405. 2012Germline mutations in the RET, SDHA, SDHAF2, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, MAX, TMEM127, NF1 or VHL genes are identified in about 30% of patients with pheochromocytoma or paraganglioma and somatic mutations in RET, VHL or MAX genes are reported in 17%..
- SDHA loss of function mutations in a subset of young adult wild-type gastrointestinal stromal tumorsAntoine Italiano
Departments of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
BMC Cancer 12:408. 2012..A recent report identified four non-syndromic, KIT/PDGFRA WT GIST harboring compound heterozygous or homozygous mutations in SDHA encoding the main subunit of the SDH complex II.
- Prokaryotic assembly factors for the attachment of flavin to complex IIMatthew B McNeil
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Biochim Biophys Acta 1827:637-47. 2013..Complex II consists of four subunits including a catalytic flavoprotein (SdhA), an iron-sulphur subunit (SdhB) and two hydrophobic membrane anchors (SdhC and SdhD)...
- [Mitochondrial respiratory chain complex Ⅱ deficiency and diseases]Yan Yan Ma
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 14:723-7. 2012..Complex Ⅱ activities decreased in affected tissues. Pathogenic mutations in SDHA gene and SDHAF1 gene encoding assembly factor have been found so far...
- Succinate dehydrogenase deficiency is associated with decreased 5-hydroxymethylcytosine production in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: implications for mechanisms of tumorigenesisEmily F Mason
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mod Pathol 26:1492-7. 2013..were examined via immunohistochemistry in a cohort of 30 genotyped GISTs, including 10 SDH-deficient tumors (5 SDHA mutant; 1 SDHB mutant; 1 SDHC mutant; 3 unknown), 14 tumors with KIT mutations (10 in exon 11; 3 in exon 9; 1 in ..
- Next-generation sequencing in the clinical genetic screening of patients with pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaJoakim Crona
Department of Surgical Sciences Uppsala University S 751 85, Uppsala Sweden
Endocr Connect 2:104-11. 2013..PGLs) are caused by germline or somatic mutations in one of the 11 hitherto known susceptibility genes: SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SDHAF2, VHL, HIF2A (EPAS1), RET, NF1, TMEM127 and MAX...
- Expression stability of reference genes for quantitative RT-PCR of healthy and diseased pituitary tissue samples varies between humans, mice, and dogsSarah J van Rijn
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, PO Box 80154, 3508 TD, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Neurobiol 49:893-9. 2014..hydroxymethylbilane synthase (hmbs), beta-2-microglobulin (b2m), succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A (sdha), and glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase 1 (gapdh), was studied in pituitary tissue (normal and adenoma) from ..
- Mitochondrial matrix proteostasis is linked to hereditary paraganglioma: LON-mediated turnover of the human flavinylation factor SDH5 is regulated by its interaction with SDHAAyenachew Bezawork-Geleta
2Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne 3086, Australia K N T
FASEB J 28:1794-804. 2014..Although SDH5(G78R) is deficient in its ability to promote SDHA flavinylation, it has remained unclear whether impairment to its import, structure, or stability contributes to its ..
- Radiation-induced alterations in mitochondria of the rat heartVijayalakshmi Sridharan
a University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Division of Radiation Health, Little Rock, Arkansas
Radiat Res 181:324-34. 2014..PTEN induced putative kinase-1 (PINK-1); mitochondrial respiration and protein levels of succinate dehydrogenase A (SDHA); and the 70 kDa subunit of complex II...
- Rare germline mutations identified by targeted next-generation sequencing of susceptibility genes in pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaJenny Welander
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine J W, O G, P S, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Departments of Surgery O G and Clinical Genetics P S, County Council of Ostergotland, Linköping SE 58185, Sweden Department of Oncology Pathology A A, C C J, A H, C L, Karolinska Institutet, Cancer Center Karolinska A A, C C J, A H, C L, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, and Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery A A, C C J, M B, C L, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm SE 17176, Sweden and Wisconsin National Primate Research Center R W W, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53715
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E1352-60. 2014..Pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas have a highly diverse genetic background, with a third of the cases carrying a germline mutation in 1 of 14 identified genes...
- Exploring the association of succinate dehydrogenase complex mutations with lymphoid malignanciesR Renella
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA, USA
Fam Cancer 13:507-11. 2014..SDH) complex exerts a fundamental role in mitochondrial cellular respiration and mutations in its encoding genes (SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, collectively referred to as SDHx) lead to a number of inherited endocrine cancer predisposition ..
- Expression stability of common housekeeping genes is differently affected by bowel inflammation and cancer: implications for finding suitable normalizers for inflammatory bowel disease studiesMalgorzata Krzystek-Korpacka
Departments of Medical Biochemistry, and Gastrointestinal and General Surgery, Wroclaw Medical University, Wroclaw, Poland Department of Food Hygiene and Consumer Health, Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Wroclaw, Poland and Wroclaw Research Center EIT, Wroclaw, Poland
Inflamm Bowel Dis 20:1147-56. 2014..Expression stability of 15 HKG (ACTB, B2M, GAPDH, GUSB, HPRT1, IPO8, MRPL19, PGK1, PPIA, RPLP0, RPS23, SDHA, TBP, UBC, and YWHAZ) in 166 bowel specimens (91 normal, 35 cancerous, and 40 inflamed) was ranked by coefficients ..
- SDHAF4 promotes mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase activity and prevents neurodegenerationJonathan G Van Vranken
Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cell Metab 20:241-52. 2014..specifically with the catalytic Sdh1 subunit in the mitochondrial matrix, facilitating its association with Sdh2 and the subsequent assembly of the SDH holocomplex...
- Targeting mitochondria with methylene blue protects mice against acetaminophen-induced liver injuryKang Kwang Lee
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Hepatology 61:326-36. 2015..APAP treatment inhibited complex II activity ex vivo, but did not alter the protein expression levels of subunits SdhA or SdhC after 4 hours.
- Selection of appropriate reference genes for RT-qPCR analysis in Berkshire, Duroc, Landrace, and Yorkshire pigsSang Je Park
National Primate Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungbuk 363 883, Republic of Korea Electronic address
Gene 558:152-8. 2015..of 15 well-known candidate reference genes (ACTB, ALDOA, B2M, GAPDH, HPAR1, HSPCB, PGK1, POLR2G, PPIA, RPL4, RPS18, SDHA, TBP, TOP2B, and YWHAZ) in seven body tissues (liver, lung, kidney, spleen, stomach, small intestine, and large ..
- The Flower Tea Coreopsis tinctoria Increases Insulin Sensitivity and Regulates Hepatic Metabolism in Rats Fed a High-Fat DietBaoping Jiang
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development B J, L L, W W, W Z, K H, L X, P X, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100194, China and Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Resources Utilization of Chinese Herbal Medicine B J, W W, L X, P X, Ministry of Education, Beijing 100194, China
Endocrinology 156:2006-18. 2015..Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based metabolomics approaches are helpful to further understand diabetes-related mechanisms. ..
- Urinary Bladder Paragangliomas: How Immunohistochemistry Can Assist to Identify Patients With SDHB Germline and Somatic MutationsAlessio Giubellino
Translational Surgical Pathology section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute Eunice Kennedy Shriver, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Urologic Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Am J Surg Pathol 39:1488-92. 2015..They were found to be either sporadic tumors or part of von Hippel-Lindau syndrome. Staining for SDHA was positive in all cases...
- Renal carcinoma associated with a novel succinate dehydrogenase A mutation: a case report and review of literature of a rare subtype of renal carcinomaYasemin Ozluk
Department of Pathology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Hum Pathol 46:1951-5. 2015Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) linked to germline mutation of succinate dehydrogenase subunits A, B, C, and D (SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD, respectively) has been recently included as a provisional entity in the 2013 International Society of ..
- Cardiac-specific succinate dehydrogenase deficiency in Barth syndromeJan Dudek
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, University Medical Center Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
EMBO Mol Med 8:139-54. 2016..As a similar defect of SDH is apparent in patient cell-derived cardiomyocytes, we conclude that these defects represent a molecular basis for the cardiac pathology in Barth syndrome. ..
- [Succinate dehydrogenase (SDH)-deficient renal cell carcinoma]A Agaimy
Pathologisches Institut, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Krankenhausstrasse 8 10, 91054, Erlangen, Deutschland
Pathologe 37:144-52. 2016..The complex is composed of four major subunits, SDHA, SDHB, SDHC and SDHD...
- Reference Genes for Addressing Gene Expression of Bladder Cancer Cell Models under Hypoxia: A Step Towards Transcriptomic StudiesLuis Lima
Experimental Pathology and Therapeutics Group Research Center, Portuguese Institute of Oncology of Porto IPO Porto, 4200 072, Porto, Portugal
PLoS ONE 11:e0166120. 2016..and experimental conditions out of a panel of seven putative candidates (HPRT, ACTB, 18S, GAPDH, TBP, B2M, and SDHA)...
- Induction of apoptosis in cells expressing exogenous Hippi, a molecular partner of huntingtin-interacting protein Hip1Pritha Majumder
Structural Genomics Section, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1 AF Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata 700 064, India
Neurobiol Dis 22:242-56. 2006..Besides, the expression SDHA and SDHB, nuclear genes, subunits of mitochondrial complex II were decreased in GFP-Hippi expressing cells...
- Succinate dehydrogenase gene arrangement and expression in Anaplasma phagocytophilumRobert F Massung
Rickettsial Zoonoses Branch, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Gene 414:41-8. 2008..The recently completed sequence of the A. phagocytophilum genome confirmed our findings and indicated that the sdhA and sdhB genes are duplicated in a tandem orientation, and located distant from the sdhC and sdhD genes...
- The Hfq-dependent small noncoding RNA NrrF directly mediates Fur-dependent positive regulation of succinate dehydrogenase in Neisseria meningitidisMatteo M E Metruccio
Novartis Vaccines, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Bacteriol 191:1330-42. 2009..Recently, a Fur-regulated sRNA, NrrF, was identified that is involved in the iron regulation of the sdhA and sdhC succinate dehydrogenase genes...
- Inhibition of α-KG-dependent histone and DNA demethylases by fumarate and succinate that are accumulated in mutations of FH and SDH tumor suppressorsMengtao Xiao
Molecular and Cell Biology Laboratory, Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Genes Dev 26:1326-38. 2012..These epigenetic alterations associated with mutations of FH and SDH likely contribute to tumorigenesis...
- Yeast model for evaluating the pathogenic significance of SDHB, SDHC and SDHD mutations in PHEO-PGL syndromeElena Panizza
Department of Life Sciences, University of Parma, Parma 43124, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 22:804-15. 2013..Heterozygous germline mutations in SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD and in the assembly factor encoding gene SDHAF2 have all been shown to predispose to heritable ..
- 123 changes in expression of genes associated with genetic variation in pre-implantation development of the bovine embryoM S Ortega
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 26:175. 2013..The RNA was purified and synthesised into cDNA for real-time qPCR analysis. The YWHAZ, GAPDH, and SDHA were used as steady-state controls of expression. A total of 5 pools were analysed for each of the 6 stages...
- Expression of metabolism-related proteins in invasive lobular carcinoma: comparison to invasive ductal carcinomaYon Hee Kim
Department of Pathology, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 50 Yonsei ro, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, 120 752, South Korea
Tumour Biol 35:10381-93. 2014..glycolysis (Glut-1, hexokinase II, CAIX, MCT4), glutaminolysis (GLS1, GDH, ASCT2), mitochondria (ATP synthase, SDHA, SDHB), and serine/glycine metabolism (PHGDH, PSAT1, PSPH, SHMT1, GLDC) related proteins...
- The validation of housekeeping genes as a reference in quantitative Real Time PCR analysis: application in the milk somatic cells and frozen whole blood of goats infected with caprine arthritis encephalitis virusJustyna Jarczak
Department of Animal Sciences, Institute of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzębiec Postępu 36A, 05 552 Magdalenka, Poland Electronic address
Gene 549:280-5. 2014..RPLP0) was determined in milk somatic cells, while ACTB, PPIA, RPLP0, succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A (SDHA), zeta polypeptide (YWHAZ), battenin (CLN3), eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3K (EIF3K) and TATA box-..
- Caffeic acid attenuates rat liver reperfusion injury through sirtuin 3-dependent regulation of mitochondrial respiratory chainHong Na Mu
Department of Integration of Chinese and Western Medicine, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China Tasly Microcirculation Research Center, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China Key Laboratory of Stasis and Phlegm of State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
Free Radic Biol Med 85:237-49. 2015..CA attenuated rat liver microcirculatory disturbance and oxidative injury through regulation of Sirt3 and the mitochondrial respiratory chain...
- Identification of reliable reference genes for qRT-PCR studies of the developing mouse mammary glandAnoeska Agatha Alida van de Moosdijk
Section of Molecular Cytology and van Leeuwenhoek Centre for Advanced Microscopy, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sci Rep 6:35595. 2016..Clock, Ctbp1, Phf7, Prdx1, Sugp2, Taf11 and Usp7) to eight traditional ones (18S, Actb, Gapdh, Hmbs, Hprt, Rpl13a, Sdha and Tbp) and analysed all genes for stable expression in the mouse mammary gland from pre-puberty to adulthood ..
- Characterisation of Phaseolus symbionts isolated from Mediterranean soils and analysis of genetic factors related to pH toleranceU B Priefer
RWTH Aachen, Okologie des Bodens, Worringer Weg 1, 52056, Aachen, Germany
J Biotechnol 91:223-36. 2001..low pH tolerance were found to be mutated in genes related to cobalmin biosynthesis and in succinate dehydrogenase (sdhA)...
- Hereditary paraganglioma/pheochromocytoma and inherited succinate dehydrogenase deficiencyJudith Favier
Département de génétique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Université Paris V and INSERM U36, College de France, France
Horm Res 63:171-9. 2005..Germline succinate dehydrogenase subunit A (SDHA) mutations have been reported in a few patients with a classical mitochondrial neurodegenerative disease...
- Gene expression studies in prostate cancer tissue: which reference gene should be selected for normalization?Falk Ohl
Department of Urology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:1014-24. 2005..Expression of mRNA encoding ACTB, ALAS1, ALB, B2M, G6PD, GAPD, HMBS, HPRT1, K-ALPHA-1, POLR2A, PPIA, RPL13A, SDHA, TBP, UBC, and YWHAZ was examined in matched, microdissected malignant and nonmalignant tissue specimens obtained ..
- Technical note: validation of internal control genes for gene expression analysis in bovine polymorphonuclear leukocytesA De Ketelaere
Department of Physiology and Biometrics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 89:4066-9. 2006..In this study, 8 commonly used reference genes (ACT, GAPD, H2A, TBP, HPRT1, SDHA, YWHAZ, and 18S rRNA) were evaluated in bovine polymorphonuclear leukocytes...
- Calcium signalling-dependent mitochondrial dysfunction and bioenergetics regulation in respiratory chain Complex II deficiencyE Mbaya
INSERM U 807, Paris, F 75015 France
Cell Death Differ 17:1855-66. 2010..These results revealed the primary function for Ca(2+) signalling in the control of mitochondrial dysfunction and cellular bioenergetics outcomes linked to respiratory chain Complex II deficiency...
- Genetics and molecular pathogenesis of pheochromocytoma and paragangliomaS R Galan
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Faculty of Medicine, Philipp s University Marburg, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 78:165-75. 2013..gene (NF1), genes encoding the succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) complex subunits SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD, but also SDHA, the gene encoding the enzyme responsible for the flavination of SDHA (SDHAF2 or hSDH5), and the newly described ..
- Reference gene for primary culture of prostate cancer cellsAline Francielle Damo Souza
Laboratório de Biologia Molecular Endócrina e Tumoral, Departamento de Fisiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Sarmento Leite 500, 2º andar, laboratório 09, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
Mol Biol Rep 40:2955-62. 2013..hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase 1 (HPRT1); succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit A, flavoprotein (Fp) (SDHA); TATA box binding protein (TBP); ubiquitin C (UBC); tyrosine 3-monooxygenase/tryptophan 5-monooxygenase activation ..
- Immunohistochemical loss of succinate dehydrogenase subunit A (SDHA) in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs) signals SDHA germline mutationMarkku Miettinen
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 37:234-40. 2013..More recently, germline mutations in SDH subunit A gene (SDHA) have also been reported in few patients with KIT/PDGFRA wild-type GISTs...
- Identification of cell-specific patterns of reference gene stability in quantitative reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction studies of embryonic, placental and neural stem models of prenatal ethanol exposureMindy N Carnahan
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Alcohol 47:109-20. 2013..This list included: Actb, B2m, Gapdh, Gusb, H2afz, Hk2, Hmbs, Hprt, Mrpl1, Pgk1, Ppia, Sdha, Tbp, and Ywhaz...
- Malate and fumarate extend lifespan in Caenorhabditis elegansClare B Edwards
Department of Cell Biology, Microbiology, and Molecular Biology, University of South Florida Tampa, Florida, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e58345. 2013..malate addition did not occur in fumarase (fum-1), glyoxylate shunt (gei-7), succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein (sdha-2), or soluble fumarate reductase F48E8.3 RNAi knockdown worms...
- Nucleotide sequence encoding the iron-sulphur protein subunit of the succinate dehydrogenase of Escherichia coliM G Darlison
Biochem J 223:507-17. 1984..It is separated by a 15 base-pair intergenic region from the preceding flavoprotein gene (sdhA) and is the distal gene of an operon that also includes genes (sdhC and D) encoding two hydrophobic subunits, ..
- Loss of expression of SDHA predicts SDHA mutations in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsAndrew J Wagner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Mod Pathol 26:289-94. 2013..Because of the complexity of its locus (15 exons) and the presence of three pseudogenes, SDHA is rarely analyzed...
- Integrative genomics reveals frequent somatic NF1 mutations in sporadic pheochromocytomasJenny Welander
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 21:5406-16. 2012..of copy number alterations, gene expression, promoter methylation and somatic mutations in the genes RET, VHL, NF1, SDHA, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SDHAF2, KIF1Bβ, TMEM127 and MAX, which have been associated with hereditary pheochromocytoma or ..
- Expression of reference genes and T helper 17 associated cytokine genes in the equine intestinal tractBernt Hjertner
Section of Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, P O Box 588, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
Vet J 197:817-23. 2013..phosphoribosyltransferase (HPRT), 60S ribosomal protein L32 (RPL32), succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit A (SDHA) and transferrin receptor 1 protein coding (TFRC)in the equine intestine was evaluated by quantitative PCR...
- MOLEC GENETICS OF COMPLEX I IN MAMMALIAN MITOCHONDRIAImmo Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such mice promise to become model systems for mitochondrial diseases. 5) Known cDNAs will be tested to identify the defective gene in the other four complementation groups with complex I defects. ..
- Using Synthetic Lethality to Select Cancer Drug TargetsWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, they may establish a new paradigm for the selection of anticancer drug targets based on inactivating mutations of TSG. ..
- 2006 Cancer Model MechanismsWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Streptococcus pyogenes exoproteinsMICHAEL CHAUSSEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 4. Determine if Rgg binds to promoter regions of genes encoding exoproteins to control expression. Electrophoretic mobility-shift assays will be used to determine if Rgg binds to the promoter regions of mf-1 and speB. ..
- O2 Sensing in Hypoxic Pulmonary VasoconstrictionPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collectively, these studies will test whether a common O2 sensing mechanism functions in PA myocytes and endothelial cells to trigger their diverse responses in HPV. ..
- Proximal determinants of risk for tularemia outbreaksSam Telford; Fiscal Year: 2004..tularensis in the environment; and, ultimately, a better understanding of F. tularensis-host interactions. ..
- Perpetuation of Francisella tularensisSam R Telford; Fiscal Year: 2010..Taken together, these observations will provide a basis for understanding how the agent of tularemia is perpetuated on Martha's Vineyard, and why pneumonic human disease is prevalent there. ..
- OXYGEN SENSING AND CELL SIGNALING IN HYPOXIAPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will identify a novel pathway of cellular O2 detection, and may help clarify understanding of how cells adapt to lowered O2 conditions. ..
- O2 SENSING BY MITOCHONDRIA DURING INTERMITTENT HYPOXIAPaul Schumacker; Fiscal Year: 2003..Collectively, these studies could identify a novel mechanism of O2 sensing in the lung, and provide a mechanistic explanation for the activation of gene transcritpion and cellular proliferation during intermittent hypoxia. ..
- Real-Time Imaging of Hypoxia based on VHL ActivityWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lung Injury Protection by Coagulation BlockadeCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2008..A successfully optimized strategy could greatly attenuate persistence of pulmonary inflammation and facilitate the resolution of human ARDS. ..
- A Luciferase Fusion Protein Library to Identify & Monitor Ubiquitylation TargetsWilliam Kaelin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Reisolation of HIF in aims 2 and 3 would constitute proof of concept with respect to the potential utility of this approach. ..
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..