Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SCUBE1
Description: signal peptide, CUB domain and EGF like domain containing 1
Alias: signal peptide, CUB and EGF-like domain-containing protein 1, signal peptide, CUB domain, EGF-like 1, signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related 1
- Cloning, mapping, and expression analysis of a gene encoding a novel mammalian EGF-related protein (SCUBE1)S Grimmond
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, United Kingdom
Genomics 70:74-81. 2000..The Scube1 (signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related 1) gene was isolated from a developing mouse urogenital ridge cDNA library ..
- Disruption of Scube2 Impairs Endochondral Bone FormationYuh Charn Lin
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Bone Miner Res 30:1255-67. 2015..In this study, we first showed that as compared with SCUBE1 or SCUBE3, SCUBE2 is the most potent modulator of IHH signaling in vitro...
- Genome-wide association study (GWAS) for molar-incisor hypomineralization (MIH)Jan Kuhnisch
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Goethestraße70, Munich, 80336, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 18:677-82. 2014..Clinical and genetic data from the 10-year follow-up of 668 children from the Munich GINI-plus and LISA-plus birth cohort studies were analyzed...
- Localization and characterization of a novel secreted protein, SCUBE2, in the development and progression of atherosclerosisHirowati Ali
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 59:E122-31. 2013..Two members of the SCUBE family, SCUBE1 and SCUBE3 are reported to play a role in cardiovascular diseases...
- Inhibition of the plasma SCUBE1, a novel platelet adhesive protein, protects mice against thrombosisMeng Ying Wu
From the Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan M Y W, Y C L, W J L, R B Y Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan M Y W, Y C L, W J L, C F T, S R R, R B Y Molecular Medicine Program, Taiwan International Graduate Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan C F T Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan C F T Department of Applied Statistics and Information Science, Ming Chuan University, Taoyuan, Taiwan M H C and Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan R B Y
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 34:1390-8. 2014Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1), a secreted and surface-exposed glycoprotein on activated platelets, promotes platelet-platelet interaction and supports platelet-matrix adhesion...
- The diagnostic role of signal peptide-C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1-epidermal growth factor domain-containing protein 1 in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromeErtan Sönmez
Bezmialem Vakif University, Department of Emergency Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey Electronic address
Am J Emerg Med 33:21-4. 2015..Signal peptide-C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1-epidermal growth factor domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) is stored within the α granules of inactive platelets and secreted at a high rate during thrombosis...
- Is signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein1 a diagnostic biomarker in patients with hypertensive crisesMustafa Karabacak
Department of Cardiology, Isparta State Hospital, Isparta, Turkey
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 61:513-22. 2015..Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein1 (SCUBE1), an indicator of platelet activation, is increased in HT...
- Diagnostic value of plasma signal peptide-Cub-Egf domain-containing protein-1 (SCUBE-1) in an experimental model of acute ischemic strokeSuha Turkmen
Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Am J Emerg Med 33:262-5. 2015This study was intended to examine possible diagnostic value of plasma Signal Peptide-Cub-Egf domain-containing protein-1 (SCUBE1) levels in an experimental model of acute ischemic stroke.
- The role of hypoxia at primary dysmenorrhea, utilizing a novel hypoxia marker--SCUBE1Yeşim Bayoğlu Tekin
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan University, Faculty of Medicine, Rize, Turkey Electronic address
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 28:63-5. 2015To determine the SCUBE1 levels in adolescents with primary dysmenorrhea.
- The Diagnostic Value of Plasma SCUBE1, a Novel Biomarker of Platelet Activation, in Testicular Torsion: A Randomized, Controlled, Experimental StudySuleyman Turedi
Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey Electronic address
Urology 86:516-20. 2015To investigate the potential diagnostic value of plasma signal peptide, CUB (complement proteins C1r/C1s, Uegf, Bmp1) domain, epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like 1 (SCUBE1) protein in experimentally induced testicular torsion (TT).
- The value of signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein-1 (SCUBE1) in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: a preliminary studySuha Turkmen
Department of Emergency Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Acad Emerg Med 22:922-6. 2015..Signal peptide-CUB (complement C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor) domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) is a novel, secreted cell surface protein expressed during early embryogenesis...
- Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) levels in patients with overt and subclinical hyperthyroidism: effects of treatmentCihangir Erem
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Trabzon, Turkey
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 84:919-24. 2016Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) has been shown to increase in parallel with platelet activation in acute ischaemic and thrombotic diseases...
- Elevated Serum Levels of SCUBE1, a Marker for Coagulation, in Patients with Breast CancerTurkan Ozturk Topcu
Division of Medical Oncology, Karadeniz Technical University School of Medicine
Tohoku J Exp Med 237:127-32. 2015..Signal Peptide-Cub-Epidermal growth factor domain-containing protein-1 (SCUBE1) is secreted under hypoxia and inflammatory conditions from platelet alpha granules...
- Electrostatics and N-glycan-mediated membrane tethering of SCUBE1 is critical for promoting bone morphogenetic protein signallingWei Ju Liao
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Biochem J 473:661-72. 2016b>SCUBE1 (S1), a secreted and membrane-bound glycoprotein, has a modular protein structure composed of an N-terminal signal peptide sequence followed by nine epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like repeats, a spacer region and three cysteine-..
- Role of signal peptide-Cub-Egf domain-containing protein-1 in serum as a predictive biomarker of outcome after severe traumatic brain injuryQi Han Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, The First People s Hospital of Tonglu County, 338 Xuesheng Road, Tonglu 311500, China Electronic address
Clin Chim Acta 456:63-6. 2016Signal peptide-Cub-Epidermal growth factor domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1), a marker for coagulation, is secreted under hypoxia and inflammatory conditions from platelet α granules...
- Increased serum concentrations of signal peptide-Cub-Egf domain-containing protein-1 in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageYa Suo Ding
Department of Neurosurgery, Taizhou People s Hospital, Nantong University, 210 Yingchun Road, Taizhou, Jiangsu Province 225300, China Electronic address
Clin Chim Acta 459:117-22. 2016Signal peptide-Cub-Epidermal growth factor domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1), a marker for coagulation, is correlated with prognosis of some critical illnesses...
- The prognostic value of serum signal peptide-Cub-Egf domain-containing protein-1 concentrations in acute intracerebral hemorrhageShen Zhong Qiu
Department of Neurosurgery, The First People s Hospital of Fuyang District of Hangzhou City, 429 Beihuan Road, Fuyang District, Hangzhou 311400, China
Clin Chim Acta 461:103-9. 2016Signal peptide-Cub-Epidermal growth factor domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) in peripheral blood, which is identified as a marker for coagulation, was reported to be an independent predictor of poor outcome in some illnesses...
- The First Scube3 Mutant Mouse Line with Pleiotropic Phenotypic AlterationsHelmut Fuchs
German Mouse Clinic, Institute of Experimental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
G3 (Bethesda) 6:4035-4046. 2016..Scube (Signal peptide, CUB, and EGF-like domain-containing protein) family consists of three independent members, Scube1-3, which encode secreted cell surface-associated membrane glycoproteins...
- Zebrafish scube1 (signal peptide-CUB (complement protein C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor) domain-containing protein 1) is involved in primitive hematopoiesisKu Chi Tsao
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Taiwan International Graduate Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 288:5017-26. 2013b>scube1 (signal peptide-CUB (complement protein C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF domain-containing protein 1), the founding member of a novel secreted and cell surface SCUBE protein family, is expressed predominantly in various developing ..
- Scube regulates synovial angiogenesis-related signalingMin Yang
Rheumatology Center, PLA General Hospital of Chengdu Military Area Command, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, PR China National TCM Rehab Center, PLA General Hospital of Chengdu Military Area Command, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, PR China Key Laboratory of Functional Proteomics of Guangdong Province, Department of Pathophysiology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, PR China Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 81:948-53. 2013..system defined by hedgehog (Hh), transforming growth factor (TGF)β and bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2), Scube1 and 2 antagonize BMP2 signaling, suppressing BMP2-induced phospho-Smad1/5/8 level in vivo...
- The diagnostic and prognostic significance of SCUBE1 levels in Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic feverAhmet Mentese
Medical Laboratory Program, Vocational School of Health Sciences, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey Electronic address
Int J Infect Dis 17:e1042-5. 2013The new biochemical marker, signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1), is secreted and cell surface glycoprotein expressed during early embryogenesis. The protein is found in platelet and endothelial cells...
- New marker of platelet activation, SCUBE1, is elevated in hypertensive patientsGulsum Ozkan
Department of Nephrology, Karadeniz Technical University, School of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Am J Hypertens 26:748-53. 2013..Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) is a novel platelet activation marker...
- Is SCUBE 1 a new biomarker for gastric cancer?Ahmet Mentese
Medical Laboratory Program, Karadeniz Technical University, Vocational School of Health Sciences, Trabzon, Turkey
Cancer Biomark 11:191-5. 2012..This study was intended to determine the diagnostic significance of signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE 1) levels in gastric cancer...
- SCUBE1--a new scoop in vascular biology?Stephan Lindemann
Cardiovasc Res 71:414-5. 2006
- Will SCUBE1 solve the ischemia marker deficit?W Franklin Peacock
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2181-3. 2008
- Paracrine Hedgehog increases the steroidogenic potential of prostate stromal cells in a Gli-dependent mannerElina Levina
South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Prostate 72:817-24. 2012..that hedgehog agonist treatment induced in these cells expressions of hedgehog target genes (Gli1, Ptch1, and SCUBE1) plus a specific cadre of genes involved in cholesterol/steroid biosynthesis, metabolism, and transport...
- Scube activity is necessary for Hedgehog signal transduction in vivoJacque Lynne F A Johnson
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Dev Biol 368:193-202. 2012..1996; Wolff et al., 2003). Here we present the discovery of two additional scube genes in zebrafish, scube1 and scube3, and demonstrate their roles in facilitating HH signal transduction...
- Reduction of pro-tumorigenic activity of human prostate cancer-associated fibroblasts using Dlk1 or SCUBE1Brigid Orr
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
Dis Model Mech 6:530-6. 2013..We set out to reduce the pro-tumorigenic activity of patient CAFs using the Dlk1 and SCUBE1 molecules that we had previously identified in prostate development...
- Preliminary evidence of genetic determinants of adiponectin response to fenofibrate in the Genetics of Lipid Lowering Drugs and Diet NetworkS Aslibekyan
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, RPHB 217G, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA Electronic address
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:987-94. 2013..This is the first genome-wide association study of fenofibrate effects on circulating adiponectin...
- Signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) level in hemodialysis patients and parameters affecting that levelSukru Ulusoy
Department of Nephrology, Karadeniz Technical University, School of Medicine, Turkey
Clin Biochem 45:1444-9. 2012Signal peptide-CUB (complement C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor)-domain-containing protein 1 (SCUBE1) is a cell surface protein belonging to the SCUBE gene family...
- Scube3 is expressed in multiple tissues during development but is dispensable for embryonic survival in the mouseGuilherme M Xavier
Department of Craniofacial Development and Stem Cell Biology, King s College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e55274. 2013The vertebrate Scube family consists of three independent members Scube1-3; which encode secreted cell surface-associated membrane glycoproteins that share a domain organization of at least five recognizable motifs and the ability to both ..
- Domain and functional analysis of a novel platelet-endothelial cell surface protein, SCUBE1Cheng Fen Tu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road, Sec 2, Taipei 115
J Biol Chem 283:12478-88. 2008b>SCUBE1 (signal peptide-CUB-EGF domain-containing protein 1) is a novel, secreted, cell surface glycoprotein expressed during early embryogenesis and found in platelet and endothelial cells...
- Expression of a novel mammalian epidermal growth factor-related gene during mouse neural developmentS Grimmond
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, Didcot, UK
Mech Dev 102:209-11. 2001We have recently reported the preliminary characterisation of a novel EGF-related gene, Scube1 (signal peptide-CUB domain-EGF-related, gene 1), that is expressed prominently in the developing gonad, nervous system, somites, surface ..
- Identification and initial characterization of 5000 expressed sequenced tags (ESTs) each from adult human normal and osteoarthritic cartilage cDNA librariesS Kumar
Department of Musculoskeletal Diseases, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, 709 Swedeland Rd, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:641-53. 2001..To prepare, sequence and analyse adult human cartilage cDNA libraries to study the gene expression pattern between normal and osteoarthritic cartilage...
- Identification of a novel family of cell-surface proteins expressed in human vascular endotheliumRuey Bing Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:46364-73. 2002..harboring 10 epidermal growth factor (EGF)-like domains and one CUB domain at the carboxyl terminus (termed, SCUBE1 for Signal peptide-CUB-EGF-like domain containing protein 1) was identified...
- Bridging expressed sequence alignments through targeted cDNA sequencingHanqing Xie
Compugen, Inc, 7 Center Drive, Suite 9, Jamesburg, NJ 08831, USA
Genomics 83:572-6. 2004..Additional information about the contig pairs, the resultant overlapping sequences, tissue sources, and tissue profiles are available in a supplemental file...
- A novel secreted, cell-surface glycoprotein containing multiple epidermal growth factor-like repeats and one CUB domain is highly expressed in primary osteoblasts and bonesBo Tsung Wu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 279:37485-90. 2004..Together, this novel secreted, cell-surface osteoblast protein may act locally and/or distantly through a proteolytic mechanism, and may play an important role in bone cell biology...
- Localization and characterization of a novel secreted protein SCUBE1 in human plateletsCheng Fen Tu
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, and Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Res 71:486-95. 2006..was to investigate the protein expression and function of a novel secreted protein in the vascular system, named SCUBE1 for signal peptide, CUB (Complement proteins C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1) and epidermal growth factor-like (EGF)-like ..
- Transcriptional profiling of inductive mesenchyme to identify molecules involved in prostate development and diseaseGriet Vanpoucke
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queens Medical Research Institute, Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Genome Biol 8:R213. 2007..We used serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) to profile a key subset of prostatic mesenchyme that regulates prostate development and is enriched for growth-regulatory molecules...
- Plasma concentration of SCUBE1, a novel platelet protein, is elevated in patients with acute coronary syndrome and ischemic strokeDao Fu Dai
Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2173-80. 2008This study investigates the potential application of plasma SCUBE1 [signal peptide-CUB (complement C1r/C1s, Uegf, and Bmp1)-EGF (epidermal growth factor)-like domain-containing protein 1] as a biomarker of platelet activation in acute ..
- Scube1 is expressed during facial development in the mouseGuilheme M Xavier
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 312:518-24. 2009b>Scube1 encodes a secreted plasma membrane-associated protein characterized by a N-terminal signal peptide sequence, multiple EGF domains, a N-linked glycosylated spacer region and a C-terminal CUB region...
- SCUBE1, a novel developmental gene involved in renal regeneration and repairJunli Zhuang
Monash Immunology and Stem Cell Laboratories, Monash University and the Australian Stem Cell Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:1421-8. 2010We have identified that a novel developmental gene and protein, SCUBE1, is expressed in endothelial cells and may play an important role in kidney regeneration.
- Genetic variation within the anticoagulant, procoagulant, fibrinolytic and innate immunity pathways as risk factors for venous thromboembolismJ A Heit
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Thromb Haemost 9:1133-42. 2011..Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is highly heritable (estimated heritability [h(2)]=0.62) and likely to be a result of multigenic action...
- Replication of GWAS-identified systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility genes affirms B-cell receptor pathway signalling and strengthens the role of IRF5 in disease susceptibility in a Northern European populationTiina M Järvinen
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Halsovagen 7 9, S 14183 Huddinge, Sweden
Rheumatology (Oxford) 51:87-92. 2012..In this study, we sought to replicate some of these results in Finnish SLE patients (n = 275) and control individuals (n = 356)...
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..