Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: S100A10
Description: S100 calcium binding protein A10
Alias: 42C, ANX2L, ANX2LG, CAL1L, CLP11, Ca, GP11, P11, p10, protein S100-A10, S100 calcium binding protein A10 (annexin II ligand, calpactin I, light polypeptide (p11)), annexin II ligand, calpactin I, light polypeptide, annexin II tetramer (AIIt) p11 subunit, calpactin I light chain, calpactin-1 light chain, cellular ligand of annexin II
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Insight into the location and dynamics of the annexin A2 N-terminal domain during Ca(2+)-induced membrane bridgingJesus Ayala-Sanmartin
INSERM U538, CHU Saint Antoine, Paris F 75012, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1778:472-82. 2008..sites, and a variable N-terminal segment, containing sites for interactions with other protein partners like S100A10 (p11)...
- Human follitropin receptor (FSHR) interacts with the adapter protein 14-3-3tauBrian D Cohen
Wadsworth Center, David Axelrod Institute for Public Health, New York State Department of Health, 120 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 220:1-7. 2004..Collectively, these data support a role for 14-3-3tau in follitropin action. The finding that 14-3-3tau interacts with FSHR is novel and should lead to new insights into the regulation of GPCR in general and FSHR specifically...
- Protein-protein recognition via short amphiphilic helices; a mutational analysis of the binding site of annexin II for p11T Becker
Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Gottingen, Germany
EMBO J 9:4207-13. 1990Annexin II (p36) interacts with its ligand p11 via the short stretch of 12 amino acids (Ac-S-T-V-H-E-I-L-C-K-L-S-L) situated at the N-terminus...
- The S100 family of EF-hand calcium-binding proteins: functions and pathologyB W Schafer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Trends Biochem Sci 21:134-40. 1996..Novel links between EF-hand proteins, particularly S100 proteins, and specific diseases are now emerging...
- The crystal structure of a complex of p11 with the annexin II N-terminal peptideS Rety
LURE CNRS, CEA, MENRT, Centre Universitaire Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Nat Struct Biol 6:89-95. 1999..and membrane fusion properties of annexin II are modulated by the association with a regulatory light chain called p11.p11 is a member of the S100 EF-hand protein family, which is unique in having lost its calcium-binding properties...
- Functional expression of the epithelial Ca(2+) channels (TRPV5 and TRPV6) requires association of the S100A10-annexin 2 complexStan F J van de Graaf
Department of Cell Physiology, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, University Medical Center Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, NL 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
EMBO J 22:1478-87. 2003TRPV5 and TRPV6 constitute the Ca(2+) influx pathway in a variety of epithelial cells. Here, we identified S100A10 as the first auxiliary protein of these epithelial Ca(2+) channels using yeast two-hybrid and GST pull-down assays...
- Phospholipid-associated annexin A2-S100A10 heterotetramer and its subunits: characterization of the interaction with tissue plasminogen activator, plasminogen, and plasminTravis J MacLeod
Cancer Biology Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:25577-84. 2003..region of annexin A2 extends along the concave side of the protein and contains the binding site for the S100A10 (p11) subunit...
- AHNAK interaction with the annexin 2/S100A10 complex regulates cell membrane cytoarchitectureChristelle Benaud
Inserm EMI 0104, DRDC TS, CEA Grenoble, 17 rue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Cell Biol 164:133-44. 2004..At the plasma membrane, AHNAK associates as a multimeric complex with actin and the annexin 2/S100A10 complex...
- An annexin 2 phosphorylation switch mediates p11-dependent translocation of annexin 2 to the cell surfaceArunkumar B Deora
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43411-8. 2004..Temperature stress-induced annexin 2 translocation is dependent on both expression of protein p11 (S100A10) and tyrosine phosphorylation of annexin 2 because annexin 2 release is completely eliminated on depletion of p11,..
- Alterations in 5-HT1B receptor function by p11 in depression-like statesPer Svenningsson
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 311:77-80. 2006..We have found that the serotonin 1B receptor [5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT1B) receptor] interacts with p11. p11 increases localization of 5-HT1B receptors at the cell surface...
- Endothelial cell annexin A2 regulates polyubiquitination and degradation of its binding partner S100A10/p11Kai Li He
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 283:19192-200. 2008The annexin A2 (A2) heterotetramer, consisting of two copies of A2 and two copies of S100A10/p11, promotes fibrinolytic activity on the surface of vascular endothelial cells by assembling plasminogen and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)..
- p11, an annexin II subunit, an auxiliary protein associated with the background K+ channel, TASK-1Christophe Girard
Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS UMR 6097, 660 route des Lucioles, Sophia Antipolis, 06560 Valbonne, France
EMBO J 21:4439-48. 2002..We show here that p11 interacts specifically with the TASK-1 K+ channel...
- Identification of regions responsible for the open conformation of S100A10 using chimaeric S100A11-S100A10 proteinsLiliana Santamaria-Kisiel
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Biochem J 434:37-48. 2011..In contrast with other S100 proteins, S100A10 is unable to bind calcium due to deletion and substitution of calcium-ligating residues...
- The Cdk-like protein PCTAIRE-1 from mouse brain associates with p11 and 14-3-3 proteinsF Sladeczek
CNRS UPR 2212, Institut Alfred Fessard, Gif sur Yvette
Mol Gen Genet 254:571-7. 1997..and isolated several clones coding for the mouse homologs of the following proteins: p11 (also known as calpactin I light chain) and the eta, theta (also known as tau) and zeta isoforms of 14-3-3 proteins...
- Interference of BAD (Bcl-xL/Bcl-2-associated death promoter)-induced apoptosis in mammalian cells by 14-3-3 isoforms and P11S Y Hsu
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University Medical School, California 94305 5317, USA
Mol Endocrinol 11:1858-67. 1997..b>P11, a nerve growth factor-induced neurite extension factor and member of the calcium-binding S-100 protein family, ..
- The annexin 2/S100A10 complex controls the distribution of transferrin receptor-containing recycling endosomesNicole Zobiack
Institute for Medical Biochemistry, Center for Molecular Biology of Inflammation, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 14:4896-908. 2003..and lipid-binding protein annexin 2, which resides in a tight heterotetrameric complex with the S100 protein S100A10 (p11), has been implicated in the structural organization and dynamics of endosomal membranes...
- Life style as a determinant of blood pressure in the general populationJ A Staessen
Department of Molecular and Cardiovascular Research, University of Leuven, Belgium
Am J Hypertens 7:685-94. 1994..A P10 to P90 (10th and 90th percentile) increase of alcohol intake, as reflected by serum gamma-glutamyltransferase, was ..
- Non-random chromosomal rearrangements in pancreatic cancer cell lines identified by spectral karyotypingV Sirivatanauksorn
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Molecular Oncology Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 91:350-8. 2001..allowed us to identify a number of recurrent structural aberrations, all of them unbalanced: most frequently i(5)(p10), del(11)(q23), i(12)(p10), i(1)(q10), del(7)(q22) and del(10)(p11)...
- Myxoid and round cell liposarcoma: a spectrum of myxoid adipocytic neoplasiaE Orvieto
Department of Pathology, Regional Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Semin Diagn Pathol 18:267-73. 2001..the same characteristic chromosome change represented most frequently by a reciprocal translocation t(12;16)(q13;p11) that fuses the CHOP gene with the TLS gene...
- Direct effects of alcohol on hepatic fibrinolytic balance: implications for alcoholic liver diseaseDevanshi Seth
Drug Health Services, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
J Hepatol 48:614-27. 2008..We have recently identified increased expression of a number of genes (annexin A2 (ANXA2), p11, tPA and PAI-1) that implicate fibrinolysis in ALD progression...
- t(1;7) in acute myeloblastic leukemia following myelodysplastic syndrome (RAEB-T)R Defferrari
Cattedra di Biologia Generale R, Genova, Italia
Tumori 74:555-8. 1988..There are reports in the literature of the translocation t(1;7) (p11;p11), which leads to trisomy of the long arms of chromosome #1 and monosomy of the long arms of chromosome #7...
- Involvement of non-NMDA receptors in the rescue of weaver cerebellar granule neurons and sensitivity to ethanol of cerebellar AMPA receptors in oocytesB E Akinshola
Department of Pharmacology, Howard University College of Medicine, Suite 3408 NPG Adams Bldg, 520 W Street N W, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 93:8-17. 2001..in Xenopus oocytes after injection of mRNA isolated from cerebella of normal and weaver P5-6, postnatal day 10 (P10) and postnatal day 23 (P23) mice; and (5) ethanol, which at low 1-10 mM concentrations had been shown previously to ..
- Design of high-affinity S100-target hybrid proteinsAtoosa Rezvanpour
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Protein Sci 18:2528-36. 2009S100B and S100A10 are dimeric, EF-hand proteins. S100B undergoes a calcium-dependent conformational change allowing it to interact with a short contiguous sequence from the actin-capping protein CapZ (TRTK12)...
- Interaction of calpactin light chain (S100A10/p11) and a viral NS protein is essential for intracellular trafficking of nonenveloped bluetongue virusCristina C P Celma
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel St, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
J Virol 85:4783-91. 2011..13 residues, which, by yeast-two hybrid analyses, have been shown to interact with a cellular trafficking protein S100A10/p11...
- Regulation of CFTR function by annexin A2-S100A10 complex in health and diseaseRichmond Muimo
Academic Unit of Respiratory Medicine, The University of Sheffield, Faculty of Medicine Dentistry and Health, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF, UK
Gen Physiol Biophys 28:F14-9. 2009Annexin A2 and S100A10 proteins form a heterotetrameric complex and belong to different families of Ca(2+)-binding proteins...
- Early postnatal methoxychlor exposure inhibits folliculogenesis and stimulates anti-Mullerian hormone production in the rat ovaryMehmet Uzumcu
Department of Animal Sciences, School of Environmental and Biological Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 84 Lipman Drive, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901 8525, USA
J Endocrinol 191:549-58. 2006..The objective of this study was to examine the effect of early postnatal (P3-P10) MXC exposure on ovarian morphology and size, follicle number, and AMH production in the pre-pubertal (P20) rat ..
- S100A10/p11: family, friends and functionsUrsula Rescher
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Centre for Molecular Biology of Inflammation, University of Muenster, Von Esmarch Str 56, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Pflugers Arch 455:575-82. 2008b>S100A10, also known as p11 or annexin 2 light chain, is a member of the S100 family of small, dimeric EF hand-type Ca(2+)-binding proteins that generally modulate cellular target proteins in response to intracellular Ca(2+) signals...
- A Cy5-labeled S100A10 tracer used to identify inhibitors of the protein interaction with annexin A2Chan Li
School of Pharmacy, Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
Assay Drug Dev Technol 8:85-95. 2010..The interaction between the Ca2+- and phospholipid-binding protein Annexin A2 and its binding partner S100A10 has been implicated in angiogenesis and cancer metastasis...
- Design, synthesis, and structure-activity relationship exploration of 1-substituted 4-aroyl-3-hydroxy-5-phenyl-1H-pyrrol-2(5H)-one analogues as inhibitors of the annexin A2-S100A10 protein interactionTummala R K Reddy
School of Pharmacy, Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
J Med Chem 54:2080-94. 2011..Here, we describe the first small molecule blockers of the interaction between S100A10 and annexin A2...
- Macrophage invasion contributes to degeneration of stria vascularis in Pendred syndrome mouse modelSairam V Jabba
Anatomy and Physiology Department, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
BMC Med 4:37. 2006..Here we determine the time course of hyperpigmentation and marginal cell disorganization, and test the hypothesis that inflammation contributes to this tissue degeneration...
- Mechanism of regulation of group IVA phospholipase A2 activity by Ser727 phosphorylationWen Tian
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 283:3960-71. 2008..the effect of Ser(727) mutations on the interaction of cPLA(2)alpha with a reported cPLA(2)alpha-binding protein, p11. In vitro activity assays and membrane binding measurements by surface plasmon resonance analysis showed that a ..
- The utility of fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in the diagnosis of myxoid soft tissue neoplasmsErinn Downs-Kelly
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:8-13. 2008..Distinct chromosomal translocations have been identified in several myxoid sarcomas, including t(12;16)(q13;p11) FUS-DDIT3 in myxoid liposarcoma, t(7;16)(q34;p11) FUS-CREB3L2 in low-grade fibromyxoid sarcoma, and t(9;22)(q31;..
- Molecular analysis of simple variant translocations in acute promyelocytic leukemiaJ Borrow
Somatic Cell Genetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 9:234-43. 1994..Two APL patients with simple variants of this translocation, t(3;15)(q21;q22) and t(X;15)(p11;q22), have previously been reported who lack cytogenetic involvement of chromosome 17, although their breakpoint ..
- Mosaicism for r(X) and der(X)del(X)(p11.23)dup(X)(p11.21p11.22) provides insight into the possible mechanism of rearrangementOleg A Shchelochkov
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Mol Cytogenet 1:16. 2008..21-p11.22. G-banded chromosome and FISH analyses revealed three abnormal cell lines: 46,X,der(X)del(X)(p11.23)dup(X)(p11...
- Nomen est Omen: do antidepressants increase p11 or S100A10?Hari Manev
The Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biomed Discov Collab 1:5. 2006..Recent reports about the protein p11 presented findings that this protein, commonly known as S100A10, may play a crucial role in depression and antidepressant treatment mechanisms...
- Resolution of isotoxins in the beta-bungarotoxin familyC C Chu
Institute of Biochemical Sciences, College of Science, National Taiwan University, Taipei
J Chromatogr A 694:492-7. 1995..Results of protein sequencing for P8, P9 and P11, the three main isotoxins, confirmed that they shared a common phospholipase A2 subunit, which was very similar to ..
- Development of normal and injury-induced gene expression of aFGF, bFGF, CNTF, BDNF, GFAP and IGF-I in the rat retinaW Cao
Dean A McGee Eye Institute, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City 73104, USA
Exp Eye Res 72:591-604. 2001..control eyes, mRNA expression of most of the factors increased with postnatal age, with little expression at P10 and maximal expression levels reached at P22 (opsin), P35 (aFGF), P60 (BDNF) or P90 (bFGF, FGFR-1, CNTF and GFAP)...
- Pigeon peas as a supplement for lactating dairy cows fed corn silage-based dietsV A Corriher
Department of Animal and Dairy Science, University of Georgia, Tifton, Georgia 31793, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:5309-17. 2010..56±71.43 kg] were fed a corn silage basal diet with 1 of 3 concentrates (C=control; P10=10% pigeon peas; P20=20% pigeon peas)...
- A short leucine-rich sequence in the Borna disease virus p10 protein mediates association with the viral phospho- and nucleoproteinsT Wolff
Institut fur Virologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Robert Koch str 17, 35037 Marburg, Germany
J Gen Virol 81:939-47. 2000..It has recently been discovered that BDV expresses a gene product of 87 amino acids, the p10 protein, from an open reading frame that overlaps with the gene encoding the viral p24 phosphoprotein...
- Receptors for monoamines on cultured cellsK J Ivins
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6084
Am J Hypertens 3:43S-46S. 1990..The P11 cell line expresses 5-HT2 receptors coupled to the stimulation of phosphoinositide hydrolysis...
- Sequence-based exon prediction around the synaptophysin locus reveals a gene-rich area containing novel genes in human proximal XpS E Fisher
Department of Biochemistry, Oxford University, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
Genomics 45:340-7. 1997The human Xp11.23-p11.22 interval has been implicated in several inherited diseases including Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome; three forms of X-linked hypercalciuric nephrolithiaisis; and the eye disorders retinitis pigmentosa 2, congenital ..
- Characterization of an unusual importin alpha binding motif in the borna disease virus p10 protein that directs nuclear importThorsten Wolff
Robert Koch Institut, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:12151-7. 2002..We have studied the nuclear import of the Borna disease virus p10 protein that lacks a canonical oligobasic NLS...
- Familial ring (18) mosaicism in a 23-year-old young adult with 46,XY,r(18) (::p11→q21::)/46,XY karyotype, intellectual disability, motor retardation and single maxillary incisor and in his phenotypically normal mother, karyotype 47,XX,+r(18)(::p11→q21::)/Sevim Balci
Department of Clinical Genetics, Ihsan Dogramaci Children s Hospital, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Med Genet A 155:1129-35. 2011..analysis of blood lymphocytes showed 75% ring (18) cells and 25% normal cells, karyotype mos 46,XY,r(18)(::p11→q21::)/46,XY...
- [A sporadic case of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1 A associated with a duplication in chromosome 17 p11.2-p12]M Inoue
Department of Pediatrics, Yamada Red Cross Hospital, Mie
No To Hattatsu 31:452-7. 1999..5 megabase tandem DNA duplication in chromosome 17 p11.2-p12 (CMT1A duplication). We reported a 7-year-old girl with sporadic CMT 1 associated with the CMT1A duplication...
- Prenatal detection of complex chromosomal aberrations using advanced molecular cytogenetic techniquesJ M de Pater
Department of Biomedical Genetics, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Prenat Diagn 23:747-51. 2003This study aimed to identify a marker chromosome and characterize the short arm of a derivative chromosome 5 in a foetus with the following karyotype: mos 47,XX,del(5)(p?),+i(5)(p10)/48,XX,del(5)(p?),+i(5)(p10),+mar.
- Induction of galanin receptor-1 (GalR1) expression in external granule cell layer of post-natal mouse cerebellumS R F Jungnickel
Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
J Neurochem 92:1452-62. 2005..and in situ hybridization, [(125)I]-galanin binding sites and GalR1 mRNA were first detected on post-natal day 10 (P10) in the external germinal layer of all lobes and high levels were maintained until P14...
- S100 protein subcellular localization during epidermal differentiation and psoriasisAnn Marie Broome
Department of Physiology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 51:675-85. 2003..Our present studies compare the level of expression, and cellular localization of S100A7, S100A8, S100A9, S100A10, and S100A11 in normal and psoriatic epidermis...
- Separate and synergistic effect of progesterone and estradiol on induction of annexin 2 and its interaction protein p11 in pregnant sheep myometriumQi Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 38:441-54. 2007..of estradiol and/or progesterone, individually or combined, on expressions of annexin 2 and its ligand protein, p11 in pregnant sheep intrauterine tissues...
- Probing the role of a secondary structure element at the 5'- and 3'-splice sites in group I intron self-splicing: the tetrahymena L-16 ScaI ribozyme reveals a new role of the G.U pair in self-splicingKatrin Karbstein
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5307, USA
Biochemistry 46:4861-75. 2007..short 5'-terminal segment (called the IGS extension herein) that forms dynamic helices, called the P1 extension and P10 helix...
- Isochromosome (X)(p10) in hematologic disorders: FISH study of 14 new cases show three types of centromere signal patternsAdewale Adeyinka
Cytogenetics Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Henry Ford Health System, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 179:25-30. 2007..In contrast, only 17 patients with X isochromosomes involving break and fusion points at the centromere i(X)(p10) have been published, to our knowledge...
- [Development of new plate tests for the detection of microbial hydrolysis of esters and oxidation of 2-hydroxycarboxylic acids]Y Yamazaki
, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 42:1187-92. 1987The application of the thin-agar-layer coated filter culture technique (Z. Naturforsch. 42c, 1082 (1987)) has been extended to the detection of ester hydrolysis and 2-hydroxyacid oxidation by microbial colonies...
- The der(17)t(X;17)(p11;q25) of human alveolar soft part sarcoma fuses the TFE3 transcription factor gene to ASPL, a novel gene at 17q25M Ladanyi
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncogene 20:48-57. 2001..Recent cytogenetic studies have identified a recurrent der(17) due to a non-reciprocal t(X;17)(p11.2;q25) in this sarcoma. To define the interval containing the Xp11...
- Impact of SYT-SSX fusion type on the clinical behavior of synovial sarcoma: a multi-institutional retrospective study of 243 patientsMarc Ladanyi
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 62:135-40. 2002..They consistently show a specific t(X;18;p11;q11), which usually represents either of two gene fusions, SYT-SSX1 or SYT-SSX2, encoding putative transcriptional ..
- Turner syndrome and Xp deletions: clinical and molecular studies in 47 patientsT Ogata
Department of Pediatrics, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5498-508. 2001..on Xp21-22 (group 1; n = 19), those accompanied by the breakpoints on Xp11 (group 2; n = 16), i(Xq) or idic(X)(p11) chromosomes (group 3; n = 8), and interstitial Xp deletion chromosomes (group 4; n = 4)...
- Denaturation and reactivation of dimeric human glutathione reductase--an assay for folding inhibitorsA Nordhoff
Institute of Biochemistry II, Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 245:273-82. 1997..inhibited by point mutations or by peptides corresponding to subunit-interface areas, for example synthetic peptide P11, which represents the intersubunit-contact helix H11...
- Role of the 3' untranslated region of baculovirus p10 mRNA in high-level expression of foreign genesM M van Oers
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Gen Virol 80:2253-62. 1999The p10 gene of Autographa californica nucleopolyhedrovirus has two putative AATAAA polyadenylation signals. The downstream signal is used predominantly, as was determined by analysing 3' cDNA ends...
- Glutamatergic and GABAergic neurotransmitter cycling and energy metabolism in rat cerebral cortex during postnatal developmentGolam M I Chowdhury
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1895-907. 2007..Glutamatergic and GABAergic fluxes were assessed in neocortex of postnatal day 10 (P10) and 30 (P30) urethane-anesthetized rats infused intravenously with [1,6-(13)C(2)]glucose for different time ..
- p10 single-stranded nucleic acid binding protein from murine leukemia virus binds metal ions via the peptide sequence Cys26-X2-Cys29-X4-His34-X4-Cys39W J Roberts
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Biochemistry 28:10043-7. 1989..be a metal binding region, it was of considerable interest to examine the metal binding properties of the complete p10 protein. As postulated, p10 binds the metal ions Cd(II), Co(II), and Zn(II)...
- Paracoccidioides brasiliensis vaccine formulations based on the gp43-derived P10 sequence and the Salmonella enterica FliC flagellinCatarina J M Braga
Department of Microbiology ICB, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes 1374, Sao Paulo, SP 05008 000, Brazil
Infect Immun 77:1700-7. 2009..Anti-PCM vaccine formulations based on the secreted fungal cell wall protein (gp43) or the derived P10 sequence containing a CD4(+) T-cell-specific epitope have shown promising results...
- Characterization of a virion occlusion-defective Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus mutant lacking the p26, p10 and p74 genesLihua Wang
Department of Microbiology, 32 Pearson Hall, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
J Gen Virol 90:1641-8. 2009..californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus (AcMNPV) mutant (AcDef) that has a 2136 bp DNA deletion, including p26, p10 and p74 genes, has been isolated. No virions were detected in the polyhedra of AcDef...
- Cytogenetic and real-time quantitative reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction analyses in pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcomaGuidong Li
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University Hospital, Niigata, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 192:1-9. 2009..the three cases displayed several common aberrations, including -2, -4, -9, -13, -14, -15, -19, -21, add(X)(p11), add(1)(q11), add(7)(p11), and add(13)(p11), no recurrent characteristic chromosomal aberrations could be detected...
- An immunohistochemical study of the ontogeny of the horizontal cell in the rat retina using an antiserum against spot 35 protein, a novel Purkinje cell-specific protein, as a markerH Kondo
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
Anat Rec 222:103-9. 1988..At P7 and P10, the immunoreactive cells in the periphery of the retina extended most of their outer processes in the plane of the ..
- African swine fever virus p10 protein exhibits nuclear import capacity and accumulates in the nucleus during viral infectionIsabel Nunes-Correia
Centro de Neurociencias e Biologia Celular, Universidade de Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
Vet Microbiol 130:47-59. 2008..Evaluation of the nuclear import ability of ASFV p10 protein was the major purpose of the present work...
- S100A11, S100A10, annexin I, desmosomal proteins, small proline-rich proteins, plasminogen activator inhibitor-2, and involucrin are components of the cornified envelope of cultured human epidermal keratinocytesN A Robinson
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4970, USA
J Biol Chem 272:12035-46. 1997..and sequencing of released peptides has identified two novel CE precursors, S100A11 (S100C, calgizzarin) and S100A10 (calpactin light chain)...
- Rice black-streaked dwarf virus outer capsid protein P10 has self-interactions and forms oligomeric complexes in solutionHuijun Liu
Peking Yale Joint Center for Plant Molecular Genetics and Agrobiotechnology, The National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Virus Res 127:34-42. 2007The P10 protein encoded by S10 ORF of Rice black-streaked dwarf virus (RBSDV) was thought to be the component of outer shell of viral particle...
- Cloning and expression of four novel isoforms of human interleukin-1 beta converting enzyme with different apoptotic activitiesE S Alnemri
Department of Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Biol Chem 270:4312-7. 1995..In ICE delta, amino acids 288-335, which contain the cleavage sites between the p20 and p10 subunits of ICE, are deleted thus resulting in its inactivation...
- Increased expression of cathepsins E and D in reactive microglial cells associated with spongiform degeneration in the brain stem of senescence-accelerated mouseT Amano
Department of Pharmacology, Kyushu University Faculty of Dentistry, Fukuoka, Japan
Exp Neurol 136:171-82. 1995Senescence-accelerated mouse (SAM) P8 and P10 exhibit a spongy degeneration, especially in the brain stem, and a brain atrophy mainly in the frontal portion of the cerebral cortex, respectively, with advancing age...
- The p10 gene of Spodoptera littoralis nucleopolyhedrovirus: nucleotide sequence, transcriptional analysis and unique gene organization in the p10 locusO Faktor
Department of Entomology, Faculty of Agriculture, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
J Gen Virol 78:2119-28. 1997The p10 gene of the Spodoptera littoralis (Spli) multicapsid nucleopolyhedrovirus (MNPV) was identified...
- A morphological study of the developmentally regulated transport of iron into the brainTorben Moos
Department of Medical Anatomy, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dev Neurosci 24:99-105. 2002..Transferrin immunoreactivity (IR) was observed diffusely in the brain from E16 until P10 from where it gradually decreased...
- Involvement of p27KIP1 in the proliferation of the developing corneal endotheliumKazuhiko Yoshida
Department of Ophthalmology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2163-7. 2004..To examine the involvement of p27(KIP1) in the regulation of the proliferation of the developing corneal endothelium...
- Involvement of the annexin II-S100A10 complex in the formation of E-cadherin-based adherens junctions in Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsAkio Yamada
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Suita 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:6016-27. 2005..We biochemically identified the annexin II-S100A10 complex as such a candidate...
- A t(1;19)(q10;p10) mediates the combined deletions of 1p and 19q and predicts a better prognosis of patients with oligodendrogliomaRobert B Jenkins
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 66:9852-61. 2006..The deletions usually involve whole chromosome arms, suggesting a t(1;19)(q10;p10). Using stem cell medium, we cultured a few tumors...
- A correlative light and electron microscopic study of postnatal myelination in the murine corpus callosumAndrás Vincze
Central Electron Microscopic Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:575-84. 2008..By P10 there were more myelinated axons below the somatosensory cortex and the first MBP-immunoreaction appeared in the ..
- Neurogenic effects of fluoxetine are attenuated in p11 (S100A10) knockout miceMartin Egeland
Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Biol Psychiatry 67:1048-56. 2010..Because chronic treatment with antidepressants also upregulates p11, we hypothesized that p11 might regulate effects of antidepressants on aspects of neurogenesis.
- Long-chain-acyl-CoA synthetase and very-long-chain-acyl-CoA synthetase activities in peroxisomes and microsomes from rat liver. An enzymological studyW Lageweg
Department of Pediatrics, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 196:519-23. 1991..was found to be inhibited to a progressively greater extent by increasing concentrations of 1-pyrenedecanoic acid (P10) as compared to the activation of palmitic acid, both in microsomes and peroxisomes...
- Neurobehavioral evaluation of lurcher mutant mice during ontogenyF Thullier
Laboratoire de Biologie et Physiologie du Comportement, URA CNRS 1293, Universite Henri Poincare Nancy 1, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 100:22-8. 1997..The mutants fell sooner from the rotating grid on P11-P14, from the horizontal wire on P15-P16, and from the rotorod on P14-P30...
- A patient with Edwards syndrome caused by a rare pseudodicentric chromosome 18 of paternal originC H Gravholt
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Institute for Basic Research, Psychiatric Hospital in Aarhus, Risskov, Denmark
Clin Genet 52:56-60. 1997..The karyotype was: 46,XY, -18, +psu dic(18)(qter-->cen-->p11.31::p11.31-->psucen-->qter)...
- Replication protein a 32 kDa subunit (RPA p32) binds the SH2 domain of STAT3 and regulates its transcriptional activityJ Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Kusong Dong, Yusong, Taejon, 305 701, Korea
Cell Biol Int 24:467-73. 2000..Replication protein A (RPA) is a heterotrimeric complex that consists of three subunits, p70, p32 and p11, and has important functions in DNA replication and metabolism...
- Primary renal neoplasms with the ASPL-TFE3 gene fusion of alveolar soft part sarcoma: a distinctive tumor entity previously included among renal cell carcinomas of children and adolescentsP Argani
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21231 2410, USA
Am J Pathol 159:179-92. 2001The unbalanced translocation, der(17)t(X;17)(p11.2;q25), is characteristic of alveolar soft part sarcoma (ASPS). We have recently shown that this translocation fuses the TFE3 transcription factor gene at Xp11...
- t(10;11)-acute leukemias with MLL-AF10 and MLL-ABI1 chimeric transcripts: specific expression patterns of ABI1 gene in leukemia and solid tumor cell linesN Shibuya
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 32:1-10. 2001..Recently, we have identified ABI1 as a new partner gene for MLL in an AML patient with a t(10;11)(p11.2;q23). The ABI1 is a human homologue of the mouse Abl-interactor 1 (Abi1), encoding an Abl-binding protein...
- Physiology and pathophysiology of nitric oxide in the nervous system, with special mention of the islands of Calleja and the circunventricular organsJ Rodrigo
Department of Neuroanatomy and Cell Biology, Instituto Cajal, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Histol Histopathol 17:973-1003. 2002..marginal zone and its expression raised to a zenith by P5, decreasing afterwards until reaching a steady level by P10. At that time, nNOS was found mainly in pyramidal neurons...
- The genetic organization of a 2,966 basepair DNA fragment of a single capsid nucleopolyhedrovirus isolated from Trichoplusia niBurtram Clinton Fielding
Department of Microbiology, University of the Western Cape, Bellville, South Africa
Virus Genes 25:35-43. 2002..was found to contain five open reading frames (ORFs) homologous to baculovirus genes, including p26, fibrillin (p10), AcMNPV ORF-29, late expression factor 6 (lef-6) and the C-terminal portion of p74, on either strand of DNA...
- Expression of vesicular glutamate transporter 1 in the mouse retina reveals temporal ordering in development of rod vs. cone and ON vs. OFF circuitsDavid M Sherry
University of Houston, College of Optometry, Houston, Texas 77204 2020, USA
J Comp Neurol 465:480-98. 2003..Although terminals of ON bipolar cells were present in the IPL by P6-P8, most did not show VGLUT1-IR until P8-P10 and increased dramatically from P12...
- Regulation of annexin A2 by reversible glutathionylationJennifer F Caplan
Cancer Biology Research Group, Department of Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:7740-50. 2004The annexin A2-S100A10 heterotetramer (AIIt) is a multifunctional Ca(2+)-dependent, phospholipid-binding, and F-actin-binding phosphoprotein composed of two annexin A2 subunits and two S100A10 subunits...
- Lack of dystrophin leads to the selective loss of superior cervical ganglion neurons projecting to muscular targets in genetically dystrophic mdx miceM Egle De Stefano
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita La Sapienza, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 20:929-42. 2005..Cell loss occurs around P10 and affects those neurons innervating muscular targets (heart and iris), which, differently from the submandibular ..
- Antibody response to Plasmodium vivax antigens in Fy-negative individuals from the Colombian Pacific coastSocrates Herrera
Malaria Vaccine and Drug Development Center, Cali, Colombia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 73:44-9. 2005..vivax Duffy binding protein [PvDBP]). Antibody titers to P. vivax circumsporozoite protein, P11, and N-terminal peptides and the number of responders were similar in Fy-negative and Fy-positive individuals...
- The mapping of DFNB62, a new locus for autosomal recessive non-syndromic hearing impairment, to chromosome 12p13.2-p11.23G Ali
Department of Biological Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Clin Genet 69:429-33. 2006..0 Mb on the sequence-based physical map. A novel ARNSHI locus DFNB62 was mapped to chromosome 12p13.2-p11.23. DFNB62 represents the second ARNSHI locus to map to chromosome 12.
- Annexin A2 regulates the levels of plasmin, S100A10 and Fascin in L5178Y cellsYingchun Hou
Department of Cell Biology, School of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Cancer Invest 26:809-15. 2008Annexin A2 (ANXA2) was reported as the receptor, activator, expression enhancer, or cooperator for plasmin, S100A10, and others...
- Hindpaw incision in early life increases the hyperalgesic response to repeat surgical injury: critical period and dependence on initial afferent activitySuellen M Walker
Portex Unit, Pain Research, UCL Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond St Hospital, 6th Floor Cardiac Wing, London, UK
Pain 147:99-106. 2009..At older ages (initial incision at P10, P21 or P40) responses did not differ in repeat and single incision groups...
- Internal transcribed spacer region sequence heterogeneity in Rhizopus microsporus: implications for molecular diagnosis in clinical microbiology laboratoriesPatrick C Y Woo
State Key Laboratory of Emerging Infectious Diseases, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Clin Microbiol 48:208-14. 2010..microsporus strains, P11, P12, D3-1, and D4-1, showed thick bands at about 700 bp...
- Reflex responses of masseter muscles to soundFranca Deriu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 121:1690-9. 2010..symmetrical short-latency responses in active unrectified masseter EMG of healthy subjects: a high threshold, early p11/n15 wave and a lower threshold, later p16/n21 wave...
- Prenatal diagnosis of partial trisomy 3q resulting from t(3;14) in a fetus with multiple anomalies including vermian hypoplasiaSang Hee Jung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bundang CHA Hospital, CHA University, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
Gene 498:237-41. 2012..Fetal chromosome analysis was initially reported as 46,XY,der(14)(?::p11.2→qter)...
- ER stress in retinal degeneration in S334ter Rho ratsVishal M Shinde
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of North Texas Health Science Center, North Texas Eye Research Institute, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33266. 2012..RT-PCR was performed to evaluate the gene expression profiles for the P10, P12, P15, and P21 stages of the development and progression of ADRP in S334ter Rho photoreceptors...
- The Shigella OspC3 effector inhibits caspase-4, antagonizes inflammatory cell death, and promotes epithelial infectionTaira Kobayashi
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Cell Host Microbe 13:570-83. 2013..interacts with the caspase-4-p19 subunit and inhibits its activation by preventing caspase-4-p19 and caspase-4-p10 heterodimerization by depositing the conserved OspC3 X1-Y-X₂-D-X₃ motif at the putative catalytic pocket of ..
- [Clinical characteristics of acute myeloid leukemia with t (16;21) (p11;q22):nine cases report and literature review]M Ouyang
Beijing University People s Hospital, Peking University Institute of Haematology, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 37:210-5. 2016To analyze the biological and clinical characteristics of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with t (16;21) (p11;q22), and the curative effect and prognosis.
- Original Research: Hydroxytyrosol, an ingredient of olive oil, reduces triglyceride accumulation and promotes lipolysis in human primary visceral adipocytes during differentiationBruno Stefanon
Department of Scienze Agroalimentari, ambientali e animali, University of Udine, Udine 33100, Italy
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 241:1796-802. 2016..Pre-adipocytes were analyzed after 10 (P10) and 20 (P20) days of treatment during differentiation and after 7 (A7) days of treatment when they reached mature ..
- SfP53 and filamentous actin (F-actin) are the targets of viral pesticide AcMNPV-BmK IT (P10/PH) in host Spodoptera frugiperda 9 cellsLeixi Cao
Key Laboratory of Chemical Biology and Molecular Engineering of Ministry of Education, Institute of Biotechnology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, 030006, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Lett 38:2059-2069. 2016To analyze the anti-insect mechanism of viral pesticide AcMNPV-BmK IT(P10/PH) in the host Spodoptera frugiperda 9 (Sf9) cells.
- Antifungal peptides: a potential new class of antifungals for treating vulvovaginal candidiasis caused by fluconazole-resistant Candida albicansSiew Mei Samantha Ng
Experimental Therapeutics Centre, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, 31 Biopolis Way, Nanos 03 01, 138669, Singapore
J Pept Sci . 2017..albicans. The 11-residue peptide, P11-6, was identified and assayed against a panel of clinical C...
- Molecular cloning of a novel N-terminal variant of annexin II from rat basophilic leukaemia cellsA L Upton
Department of Physiology, University College London, U K
Biochem J 302:425-8. 1994..The discovery of this novel annexin II variant may have important implications both for p11 binding and for regulation of annexin II function by phosphorylation.
- Translational properties of the untranslated regions of the p10 messenger RNA of Autographa californica multicapsid nucleopolyhedrovirusG C Scheper
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
J Gen Virol 78:687-96. 1997..The untranslated regions (UTRs) of the p10 mRNA of this baculovirus were studied by in vitro translation and after transfection into Spodoptera frugiperda ..
- The nuclear import factor p10 regulates the functional size of the nuclear pore complex during oogenesisC Feldherr
Dept of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Cell Sci 111:1889-96. 1998..Analysis of extracts prepared from stage-1 and vitellogenic oocytes revealed that the transport factor p10 is more abundant in stage-1 cells...
- Is Maternal Iron Status a Risk Factor in Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?Susan M Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..or control solution from postnatal day 4 (P4) to P9, and they are evaluated thereafter as follows: Aim 1) At P10 and P35, cerebellar populations are assessed with respect to overall morphology, apoptosis and proliferation...
- KATHERINE AMBERSON HAJJAR; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have shown, moreover, that IFN? specifically enhances synthesis of the A2 binding protein, p11, thereby increasing translocation of the (A2?p11)2 complex to the cell surface...
- Short-term responses to temperature changes in Escherichia coliChristine A White Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2010..coli to ambient indoor room temperatures (20[unreadable]C-23[unreadable]C) may identify proteins or processes that facilitate survival in the environment that can be targeted for prevention or disinfection purposes. ..
- MICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2015..in colorectal mucosa of SLC6A4 (the solute carrier protein that controls serotonin [5-HT] re-uptake, or SERT), p11 (another solute carrier, which modifies function of 5-HT receptor subtypes) and 12 genes involved in protection (e...
- EDWARD FRANKLIN PLOW; Fiscal Year: 2015..On macrophages, the tailless Plg-Rs, histone H2B, annexin2, p11 and a-enolase, account for most of the plasminogen binding capacity of the cells...
- Establishing zebrafish as a model for rai1 gene dosageJames A Lister; Fiscal Year: 2010..results in Smith-Magenis syndrome while duplication of the genomic region containing RAI1 results in the dup(17)(p11.2) syndrome. SMS is a complex syndrome that encompasses developmental, physical, and behavioral abnormalities...
- Jeffrey D Hasday; Fiscal Year: 2016..for our hypothesis is based on our recent studies demonstrating that (1) co-exposure to hyperthermia in the HS (42C) or febrile (39...
- Development and characterization of NIBP conditional knockout miceWenhui Hu; Fiscal Year: 2011..floxed NIBP mice with universal and inducible cre mice followed by Tamoxifen induction in embryonic, postnatal (P5-P10), young (1-2 months) and adult (6-8 months) mice...
- Development and characterization of NIBP conditional knockout miceWenhui Hu; Fiscal Year: 2012..floxed NIBP mice with universal and inducible cre mice followed by Tamoxifen induction in embryonic, postnatal (P5-P10), young (1-2 months) and adult (6-8 months) mice...
- Genetic determinants of lipid traits in type 2 diabetes mellitusJOHANNA K DISTEFANO; Fiscal Year: 2010..1-q13.31 (LOD=3.36) in Caucasians and 11p15.4-p11.3 (LOD=2.45) in Hispanics. Evidence for linkage was also found on 19p13.2-q 13.42 for total cholesterol (LOD=2...
- Hedgehog Signaling in the AdventitiaMark W Majesky; Fiscal Year: 2012..5-E16.5, was highest from postnatal day 1 (P1) to P10, and colocalized with a sleeve of Shh protein deposited between the media and adventitia...
- A novel developmental mouse model of major depressive disorderBernhard Luscher; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2 we will use transcriptome analyses of the cingulate cortex of P10-24 and P29-35 DZP treated mice to compare the molecular signature of anxious vs. depressive like brain states...
- MARK SASCHA ANSORGE; Fiscal Year: 2016..periods whereupon early-life perturbation of monoamine signaling alters adult behavior: an early postnatal (P2-P11) 5-HT-sensitive period that affects anxiety and depression-related behaviors and a later peri-adolescent (P22-P41) ..
- Susan J Vannucci; Fiscal Year: 2014..The goal of these studies is to extend this finding to the term-equivalent P10 rat and to complete additional necessary studies in this preclinical model to support studies in a large animal ..
- Kristen M Harris; Fiscal Year: 2016..determine what differentiates dendritic, axonal, spine, and synaptic structure and composition at P12, from P8 and P10 when L-LTP is not produced by one bout of TBS...
- Adrian Erlebacher; Fiscal Year: 2016..cross-regulatory immune circuitry operative during premalignancy in the recently established Ptenlox/lox PRcre/+ (P10/PR-cre) mouse model of type I endometrial carcinoma (EC)...
- Hasan Mukhtar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Delphinidin also induced the processing of caspase-14 into catalytically active subunits p10 and p20...
- Shawn Hochman; Fiscal Year: 2014..require a coalescence of pioneering electrophysiological studies in the in vitro nerves-attached mouse spinal cord (P10-14) and includes transgenic lines that identify and knockout specific genes in larger- diameter sensory afferent ..
- John M Nickerson; Fiscal Year: 2016..find that IRBP knockout (KO) mice develop high myopia, with aberrant eye growth starting after P7 and before P10, well before eyes open. This implies a role for IRBP in controlling eye growth even without vision-based signaling...
- CALCIUM, S100 PROTEINS AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONRICHARD ECKERT; Fiscal Year: 2004..preparation for these studies they have cloned cDNAs, expressed protein, and produced antibodies against S100A11, S100A10, and S100A7...
- Campylobacter jejuni proteins induced at 37CStuart Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..In its natural habitats, C. jejuni is able to thrive at two different temperatures, 42C (the core temperature of chickens) and 37C (in humans)...
- Wayne K Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition, MD/PhD investigators may be well-trained for translational research careers." (p10) The fields of neuroscience and genetics have developed such depth in t erms of knowledge base, research strategies ..
- Phenotype MicroArray Analysis of Fastidious PathogensBarry Bochner; Fiscal Year: 2004..With Cj, PM profiles of representative strains will be scored at 37C vs. 42C, to assess if thermal signaling might be used by Cj to adapt to different hosts (human vs. chicken)...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF NUCLEAR PROTEIN IMPORTMary Moore; Fiscal Year: 1999..have been identified that are required to support nuclear protein import in digitonin permeabilized cells: Ran, p10, karyopherin beta, and importin (which is probably equivalent to karyopherin alpha)...
- METABOLIC CONTROL OF INSULIN EXOCYTOSISChristopher Rhodes; Fiscal Year: 2005..various forms of synaptotagmin-3 and syncollin have been generated, and a syncollin-like protein in beta-granules (p10) identified...
- Involvement of Permeability Transition Pore in Developmental Alcohol NeurotoxicitMARIETA HEATON; Fiscal Year: 2009..In rodents, the brain growth spurt period occurs during postnatal day 4 (P4) through P10. In humans, this developmental stage occurs during the third trimester of pregnancy when neurobehavioral ..
- RETINAL DEGENERATION: MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL ASPECTSMUAYYAD AL UBAIDI; Fiscal Year: 2006..resulting from the expression of different genes, synchronized apoptosis in all of them is initiated after P10 and completed by P21...
- GENETIC BASIS OF THE ALAGILLE SYNDROMEElizabeth Rand; Fiscal Year: 1999..between Alagille syndrome and chromosome 20p was first noted in a case report describing a patient with del(20)p11.23-pter and a phenotype consistent with the Alagille syndrome...
- Signaling and targeting of FGFR1 fusions in 8p11 myeloproliferative syndromeJing Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..8p11 myeloproliferative syndrome (EMS) is associated with several recurrent translocations involving the region p11.2-11...
- Treatment of Demyelinating Disease with HSP90 InhibitorsDouglas L Feinstein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ALLELIC VARIATIONS IN HUMAN MONOAMINE OXIDASE GENESXandra Breakefield; Fiscal Year: 1991..Full length cDNA sequences for MAO-A and MAO-B have been described and both genes have been mapped to the p11 region of the human X chromosome...
- STATHMIN AND P11 MEDIATE ACTIONS OF NGF AND PROLACTINDavid Prentice; Fiscal Year: 1992..The second protein is p11, a protein that associates with the membrane cytoskeleton...
- Molecular basis of the craniofacial anomalies in SMSJAMES LUPSKI; Fiscal Year: 2006..a microdeletion syndrome associated with an ~4 Mb interstitial deletion of the short arm of chromosome 17 in band p11.2...
- PLASMINOGEN REGULATION BY ANNEXIN II TETRAMERDAVID WAISMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Site directed mutagenesis of p36 and p11 examine the potential modulatory role of uPAR in this process...
- Molecular Analysis of del(17)(p11.2)Sarah Elsea; Fiscal Year: 2005..The work proposed here will lay the foundation on which the gene(s) responsible for SMS and other developmental process may be elucidated. ..
- NUCLEOPOLYHEDROSIS VIRUSES OF ORGYIA PSEUDOTSUGATAGEORGE ROHRMANN; Fiscal Year: 1993..Both polyhedrin and another protein, p10, which is of unknown function, are produced at high levels late in infection (probably at higher levels than any ..
- (SCOR) Mechanistic Studies of CF Pathogenesis and CL- S*Eric Sorscher; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., p11, annexins) govern CFTR regulation, and features of human pulmonary physiology that influence disease progression...
- TRP-like channel ANKTM1 in vivoGINA STORY; Fiscal Year: 2005..TRPV1, the first temperature-activated TRP identified, responds to noxious heat (42C) and to capsaicin and is specifically expressed in a subset of nociceptive (pain sensing) neurons in the dorsal ..
- CREB regulation of seizure induced GABAR subunit changesINGRID LUND; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, when SE is induced at P10, animals do not develop SS and show increases in the alpha 1 subunit mRNA levels...
- Behavioral state development in infantsMark Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..that contribute to sleep cycle development between P2 and P8, as well as a second transition that occurs between P10 and P15...
- Paclitaxel Carrier from Protein LibraryVENITA GRESHAM WATSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..5 or temperature is elevated to 42C, (4) covalently couple these proteins to a dendrimer to increase the overall MW, and (5) finally characterize the ..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF GONADAL CELL APOPTOSISAaron Hsueh; Fiscal Year: 2002..The use of a mutant BAD incapable of binding 14- 3-3 as bait allowed the identification of P11, an early responses and survival gene induced by NGF in neuronal cells...
- Role of Presenilin-1 in Neural Injury and RepairGregory Elder; Fiscal Year: 2005..the role of PS-1 in neural injury and repair as well as CNS development and to determine if the PS-1 FAD mutant P11 7L is defective in certain functions...
- CYCLIC AMP BINDING PROTEINS AND RAS FUNCTIONDavid Tsai; Fiscal Year: 1992..of CAMP, the 50K dalton protein (p50) inhibited the nucleotide exchange reaction of Ras, whereas the 10K protein (p10) inhibited nucleotide binding. In the absence of cAMP, these two proteins are totally inactive...
- MOLECULAR & CLINICAL ANALYSIS OF SMITH-MAGENIS SYNDROMELorraine Potocki; Fiscal Year: 2000..syndrome (SMS) is a multiple anomaly, mental retardation syndrome associated with a deletion of chromosome 17 band p11.2...
- REPLICATION PROTEIN A AND CELL CYCLE REGULATIONSuk Hee Lee; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: (adapted from the proposal): The proposal suggests that RPA, a multisubunit (p70, p34 and p11) protein, which is involved in DNA replication and DNA repair, may be a target for regulation...
- MATURATION OF THE HYPOXIC VENTILATORY RESPONSEJOHN BISSONNETTE; Fiscal Year: 2001..in decerebrate and vagotomized mice to show that the greater respiratory drive in P1-P3 mice compared to P7-P10 pups is central in origin...
- DEVELOPMENTAL EFFECTS OF METHLENEDIOXYMETHAMPHETAMINECharles Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such data will help identify risks associated with the prenatal use of MDMA on brain and cognitive development. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL EFFECTS OF METHAMPHETAMINE-LIKE STIMULANTSCharles Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2009..MA) induces spatial learning and memory (L&M) deficits in Morris water maze (MWM) after exposure on P11-20 but not P1-10, and increases corticosterone (CORT)...
- Effects of Neonatal MDMA on Brain and BehaviorCharles V Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2010..of 3rd trimester exposure) causes long-term path integration and spatial learning and memory impairments after P11-20 (but not P1-10) exposure, while sparing cued and working memory...
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM INTEGRATION BY THE BRAINSTEMALBERT BERGER; Fiscal Year: 2002..We hypothesize that ethanol increases the affinity of glycine-Rs for glycine and thereby potentiates inhibitory synaptic events. This may be an important mechanism whereby alcohol consumption exacerbates obstructive sleep apnea. ..
- NEUROMUSCULAR DEVELOPMENT AFTER BILABYRINTHECTOMYMARY SHALL; Fiscal Year: 2004..Their major hypotheses are that anatomical and behavioral changes do occur and that there is a sensitive time period when vestibular receptor activity is necessary for normal neuromuscular and motor development. ..
- NPY Feeding Circuits during DevelopmentKevin Grove; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding of the normal and abnormal development of this circuitry is critical to determining the physiological mechanisms that underlie adult obesity and identify a critical period for possible intervention. ..
- Neuroanatomical adaptation at synaptic level to chronicFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2003..The setting of this threshold might be derailed when alcohol is cyclically deprived. Current and future study along this line will provide information enabling us to better understanding excess drinking behavior. ..
- HETEROGENEITY OF SYNAPTIC NMDA RECEPTORSStefano Vicini; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data obtained from these specific aims will permit the understanding of the molecular determinant responsible for synaptic plasticity in CNS possibly relevant o for the understanding of neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Role of Polyamines in MYCN-Amplified NeuroblastomaANDRE BACHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research will be useful in the development of novel treatments for the most aggressive forms of the childhood cancer neuroblastoma. ..
- Aging and brain 5-lipoxygenaseHari Manev; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed experiments may corroborate the hypothesis that epigenetic mechanisms are involved in brain aging. ..
- Developmental Interactions of methamphetamine and stressMichael Williams; Fiscal Year: 2006..Recently we have demonstrated that MA administration on P11-20 causes elevated corticosterone (CORT) and ACTH levels...
- Mapping and Characterization of Epilespy GenesNATALIA LEACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Translation Research in Plasmodium vivaxSocrates Herrera; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NUTRITIONAL COPPER STATUS AND THE NERVOUS SYSTEMJOSEPH ROBERT PROHASKA; Fiscal Year: 2010..AIM 4: We will test the hypothesis that limitation in Cu-dependent ferroxidases lead to lower brain iron and are responsible by comparing rats reared on an iron-fortified diet to restore brain iron. ..
- Proposed Role for Neuronal Serotonin N-acetyltransferaseHari Manev; Fiscal Year: 2006..We expect the results to elucidate the role of AANAT/NAS in neuronal functioning, and in the long term, in the pathobiology of depression. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- NEPHRITOGENIC EPITOPES IN GOODPASTURES SYNDROMEWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further, the knowledge resultant from these investigations may provide a basis for the eventual development of specific therapeutic interventions for Goodpasture's syndrome. ..
- Viral vector-based RNAi therapy for Alexander DiseaseDaniel Bonthius; Fiscal Year: 2008..The disease is due to an abnormal gene. This research aims to develop a form of gene therapy to prevent and reverse the brain dysfunction of Alexander Disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC AND BIOLOGIC STUDIES OF 1P AND 19Q IN GLIOMASRobert Jenkins; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Affymetrix 437 ArrayerNorma Nowak; Fiscal Year: 2002..The requested instrumentation will afford the DNA Microarray and Genomics Resource with the capacity to continue to provide high quality custom genomic and expression arrays. ..
- MAKING HEAT STRESS ASSESSMENT RELEVANT AGAINThomas Bernard; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the third year, the emphasis will be on high heat exposures that result in limited work times. This last year will be the test of the heat exchange model and the source of data for the empirical exposure limits. ..
- CaMKI, Apoptosis and Cholinergic Neurons in Aging and ADChangiz Geula; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will also form the basis of more comprehensive future studies aimed at determining the causes and effects of the alterations of the above genes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 therapy in CKD and ESRDWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human Brain Antioxidant Levels Measured In Vivo as a Function of Age and DietMelissa Terpstra; Fiscal Year: 2008..This work could lead to improved cognitive health of the aging American population. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALCOHOL & BRAIN DEVELOPMENT: MIDLINE CASCADE HYPOTHESISFeng Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- EPIGENETIC EFFECT OF METHOXYCHLOR ON OVARIAN DEVELOPMENTMehmet Uzumcu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will improve our understanding of the fetal basis of epigenetic adult ovarian dysfunction. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEUROTERATOGENIC MECHANISM OF LCM VIRUS INFECTIONDaniel Bonthius; Fiscal Year: 2005..The importance of a-DG in influencing the tropism and infectivity of LCMV will be examined by blocking alpha-DG with an antibody prior to exposure of brain slices to LCMV. ..
- Effect of Lead, Manganese and Stress During DevelopmentMichael T Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..Potential mechanisms will be explored by investigating neurotransmitter and neuroendocrine systems and the glutamate receptor complex. ..
- ASPL TFE3 fusion in human cancersMarc Ladanyi; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION: (provided by applicant) The novel ASPL-TFE3 fusion arises from a t(X;17)(q25.3;p11.2) in two distinct human cancers, alveolar soft part sarcoma (ASPS), a lethal sarcoma of uncertain lineage, and a unique subset of pediatric ..