Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RSRC1
Description: arginine and serine rich coiled-coil 1
Alias: BM-011, SFRS21, SRrp53, serine/Arginine-related protein 53, arginine/serine-rich coiled-coil 1, arginine/serine-rich coiled-coil protein 1, splicing factor, arginine/serine-rich 21
- Discovery of recurrent structural variants in nasopharyngeal carcinomaAnton Valouev
Division of Bioinformatics, Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90087, USA
Genome Res 24:300-9. 2014..Our approach identified three in-frame gene fusions (YAP1-MAML2, PTPLB-RSRC1, and SP3-PTK2) that had strong levels of expression in corresponding NPC tissues...
- RSRC1 SUMOylation enhances SUMOylation and inhibits transcriptional activity of estrogen receptor βLihan Chen
Department of Medical Molecular Biology, Beijing Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing 100850, PR China
FEBS Lett 589:1476-84. 2015..ERβ can be SUMOylated. However, the underlying mechanism remains unclear. Here, we show that RSRC1/SRrp53 interacts with ERβ and SUMOylation of RSRC1 is required for regulation of PIAS1-mediated ERβ SUMOylation...
- Therapeutic potential of targeting microRNA-10b in established intracranial glioblastoma: first steps toward the clinicNadiya M Teplyuk
Department of Neurology, Ann Romney Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
EMBO Mol Med 8:268-87. 2016..splicing, often through the non-canonical targeting via 5'UTRs of its target genes, including MBNL1-3, SART3, and RSRC1. We have further assessed the inhibition of miR-10b in intracranial human GSC-derived xenograft and murine GL261 ..
- Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies 11 new loci for anthropometric traits and provides insights into genetic architectureSonja I Berndt
US Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, US National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 45:501-12. 2013..of obesity, including up to 263,407 individuals of European ancestry, we identified 4 new loci (IGFBP4, H6PD, RSRC1 and PPP2R2A) influencing height detected in the distribution tails and 7 new loci (HNF4G, RPTOR, GNAT2, MRPS33P4, ..
- A novel SR-related protein is required for the second step of Pre-mRNA splicingDemian Cazalla
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Rd, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 25:2969-80. 2005..This novel protein possesses an arginine- and serine-rich domain and was termed SRrp53 (for SR-related protein of 53 kDa)...
- Gene discovery through imaging genetics: identification of two novel genes associated with schizophreniaS G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brain Imaging Center, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Mol Psychiatry 14:416-28. 2009We have discovered two genes, RSRC1 and ARHGAP18, associated with schizophrenia and in an independent study provided additional support for this association...
- Identifying gene regulatory networks in schizophreniaSteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, 5251 California Avenue, Suite 240, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Neuroimage 53:839-47. 2010..Several of these genes (RSRC1, ARHGAP18, ROBO1-ROBO2, GPC1, TNIK, and CTXN3-SLC12A2) have functions related to progenitor cell proliferation, ..
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..