Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RRAD
Description: Ras-related associated with diabetes
Alias: RAD, RAD1, REM3, GTP-binding protein RAD, RAS (RAD and GEM) like GTP binding 3, ras associated with diabetes
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- The structure and function of RAD6 and RAD18 DNA repair genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeL Prakash
Department of Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642
Genome 31:597-600. 1989..Addition of the first four residues of the polyacidic tail restores sporulation to 50% the level observed in RAD+/RAD+ diploids...
- Evaluation of 99mtechnetium-radiopharmaceutical binding to blood elements using different trichloroacetic acid concentrationsR S Freitas
, , Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Yale J Biol Med 69:483-8. 1996..5 and 0.1 percent) and soluble (SF) and insoluble fractions (IF) were isolated. The percent radioactivity (percent rad) in IF-P depends on TCA concentration. It varied from 36.4 to 65.0 (99mTc-PHY), from 17.9 to 32...
- Specificities of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad6, rad18, and rad52 mutators exhibit different degrees of dependence on the REV3 gene product, a putative nonessential DNA polymeraseH Roche
Department of Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Genetics 140:443-56. 1995..to encode a DNA polymerase that specializes in translesion synthesis, we determined the REV3 dependence of the rad mutator specificities...
- Distinct roles of yeast MEC and RAD checkpoint genes in transcriptional induction after DNA damage and implications for functionG L Kiser
Molecular and Cellular Biology Department, University of Arizona, Tucson 85721, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:703-18. 1996..The conclusion that the yeast MEC1 gene is a key regulator also has implications for the role of a putative human homologue, the ATM gene...
- Yeast RAD14 and human xeroderma pigmentosum group A DNA-repair genes encode homologous proteinsM Bankmann
Department of Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642 8408
Nature 355:555-8. 1992..Mutations in any one of five yeast genes, RAD1, RAD2, RAD3, RAD4, and RAD10, cause a total defect in incision and an extreme sensitivity to ultraviolet light...
- Effects of mutations of RAD50, RAD51, RAD52, and related genes on illegitimate recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeY Tsukamoto
Department of Molecular Biology, Univesity of Tokyo, Japan
Genetics 142:383-91. 1996..Study on the effect of several rad mutations showed that the recombination rate was reduced by 30-, 10-, 10-, and 10-fold in the rad52, rad50, mre11, ..
- Nucleotide-excision repair of DNA in cell-free extracts of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeZ Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:4907-11. 1993..Repair synthesis in vitro was defective in extracts of rad1, rad2, and rad10 mutant cells, all of which have mutations in genes whose products are known to be required for NER ..
- Expression of the E.coli ada gene in S.cerevisiae provides cellular resistance to N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine in rad6 but not in rad52 mutantsJ Brozmanova
Department of Molecular Genetics, Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava
Nucleic Acids Res 22:5717-22. 1994..was introduced into the wild-type yeast strains, YNN-27 and FF-18733, and the repair deficient mutants LN-1 (rad1-1), VV-5 (rad6-1), C5-6 (rad52-1) and FF-18742 (rad52::URA3)...
- Role of reciprocal exchange, one-ended invasion crossover and single-strand annealing on inverted and direct repeat recombination in yeast: different requirements for the RAD1, RAD10, and RAD52 genesF Prado
, , Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Genetics 139:109-23. 1995..Those deletion events initiated through a DSB in the unique intervening sequence require the Rad1/Rad10 endonuclease only if the break is distantly located from the flanking DNA repeats...
- Arthropod touch reception: spider hair sensilla as rapid touch detectorsJ T Albert
University of Vienna, Biocenter, Institute of Zoology, Wien, Austria
J Comp Physiol A 187:303-12. 2001..The torsional restoring constant S changes non-linearly with deflection angle. It is of the order of 10(-8) Nm/rad, which is about 10,000 times larger than for trichobothria...
- Human studies with synthetic peptide sporozoite vaccine (NANP)3-TT and immunization with irradiated sporozoitesD A Herrington
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201
Bull World Health Organ 68:33-7. 1990..P. falciparum-infected mosquitos were irradiated with 20,000 rad (200 Gy)...
- The role of DNA repair genes in recombination between repeated sequences in yeastB Liefshitz
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Genetics 140:1199-211. 1995..Among seven genes involved in excision repair tested, only RAD1 and RAD10 played a role in the types of recombination studied...
- Co-correction of the ERCC1, ERCC4 and xeroderma pigmentosum group F DNA repair defects in vitroM Biggerstaff
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts, UK
EMBO J 12:3685-92. 1993..The data suggest that ERCC1 is part of a functional protein complex with group 4 and XP-F correcting activities. The latter two may be equivalent to one another and analogous to S. cerevisiae RAD1.
- Genetic evidence for different RAD52-dependent intrachromosomal recombination pathways in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeA Aguilera
, , Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Curr Genet 27:298-305. 1995..However, they enhance the frequency of deletions between direct repeats 5-12-fold. These induced deletions are RAD1- and RAD52-dependent...
- Cisplatin DNA cross-links do not inhibit S-phase and cause only a G2/M arrest in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeK F Grossmann
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Mutat Res 434:29-39. 1999..mec1, mec3 and rad53) showed increased sensitivity to CDDP, as did controls with a defect in excision repair (rad1 and rad14) or a defect in recombination (rad51 and rad52)...
- Establishment and biological properties of mouse granulocytic leukemic cell line-L833X L Li
Laboratory of Industrial Hygiene, Ministry of Public Health, Beijing
Sci Sin B 31:328-37. 1988..It was also sensitive to ionizing radiation. D0 values of L833 and L883-A cells were 98.8 and 104.9 rad, respectively. The results were similar to that of L801...
- Immune responses of recombinant adenoviruses expressing immunodominant epitopes against Japanese encephalitis virusPeng Li
Key Laboratory of Animal Disease Diagnosis and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, PR China
Vaccine 26:5802-7. 2008..Intramuscular immunization of mice with rAd-TEP generated greater titers of anti-JEV antibodies and JEV neutralizing activity than in animals with oral ..
- Analysis of spontaneous and double-strand break-induced recombination in rad mutants of S. pombeE A Fortunato
Department of Biology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0322, USA
Mutat Res 364:14-60. 1996..In S. cerevisiae, the DSB/gap repair pathway is RAD52 dependent, and the RAD1 and RAD10 genes are involved in the SSA pathway...
- Stability of YACs containing ribosomal or RCP/GCP locus DNA in wild-type S. cerevisiae and RAD mutant strainsK Kohno
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
DNA Res 1:191-9. 1994..5 rDNA tandem repeat units were transformed into hosts bearing lesions at the RAD1, RAD6, RAD51, or RAD52 loci...
- Analysis of gene- and strand-specific repair in the moderately UV-sensitive Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad23 mutantR A Verhage
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Mutat Res 362:155-65. 1996..The rad23 mutation does not suppress the high UV sensitivity of completely NER-deficient rad1 or rad14 strains...
- Sensitivity to cisplatin and platinum-containing compounds of Schizosaccharomyces pombe rad mutantsP Perego
Department of Experimental Oncology B, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, 20133 Milan, Italy
Mol Pharmacol 54:213-9. 1998..1-21.7-fold hypersensitive; only rad1 and -3 mutants, defective in checkpoints, and rad18, defective in repair, displayed a marked hypersensitivity...
- Prevalence and risk factors in postoperative pancreatitis after spine fusion in patients with cerebral palsyBattugs Borkhuu
Department of Orthopedics, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE 19803, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 29:256-62. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess the association between preoperative comorbidities and other parameters in the development of pancreatitis after spinal fusion surgery in a sample of children with CP...
- Synergistic inhibition of the glucocorticoid receptor by radicicol and benzoquinone ansamycinsM C Rosenhagen
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Biol Chem 382:499-504. 2001Radicicol (RAD) and the benzoquinone ansamycin geldanamycin (GA) are potential anticancer drugs known to inhibit heat shock protein 90 (hsp90) and, therefore, the activation of proteins dependent on its function such as proto-oncogenic ..
- Cell therapy with a tissue-engineered kidney reduces the multiple-organ consequences of septic shockH David Humes
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109 0726, USA
Crit Care Med 31:2421-8. 2003..bioartificial kidney consisting of a conventional hemofiltration cartridge in series with a renal tubule assist device (RAD) containing 109 renal proximal tubule cells may be a new therapeutic approach to this clinical disorder.
- Comparison of ampholytes used for slab gel and capillary isoelectric focusing of recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator glycoformsA B Chen
Department of Quality Control Clinical Development, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 744:279-84. 1996Four commercial ampholytes: Ampholine and Pharmalyte (Pharmacia Biotech), Bio-Lyte (Bio-Rad) and Servalyt (Serva) were evaluated for their ability to resolve recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator (rt-PA) glycoforms by isoelectric ..
- Triplet- vs. singlet-state imposed photochemistry. The role of substituent effects on the photo-Fries and photodissociation reaction of triphenylmethyl silanesAntonios K Zarkadis
Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, 451 10 Ioannina, Greece
Photochem Photobiol Sci 4:469-80. 2005..of 1* is a one-quantum process and takes place via the carbonyl triplet excited state with high quantum yield (Phi(rad)= 0...
- Comparative thermal stabilities of recombinant adenoviruses and hexon proteinPeter M Ihnat
Biotechnology Development, Schering Plough Research Institute, Union, NJ 07081 3121, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1726:138-51. 2005..of the replication deficient and protein IX deleted recombinant adenovirus type 5 that contains the p53 transgene (rAd/p53) in phosphate buffered saline (vPBS) or 10% glycerol (TRIS/phosphate buffer)...
- Downregulation of Hus1 by antisense oligonucleotides enhances the sensitivity of human lung carcinoma cells to cisplatinBernd Kinzel
Department of Functional Genomics, Novartis Pharma AG, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer 94:1808-14. 2002..Hus1 has been shown to exist in a discrete complex with at least two Rad family members, Rad1 and Rad9...
- Phosphorylation and cytoplasmic localization of MAPK p38 during apoptosis signaling in bone marrow granulocytes of mice irradiated in vivo and the role of amifostine in reducing these effectsHelena R C Segreto
Department of Clinical and Experimental Oncology, Radiotherapy Division, Federal University of Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Rua Pascal 778, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Histochem 113:300-7. 2011..Sixty-four C57BL mice were randomly assigned in two non-irradiated (Ami-/rad- and Ami+/rad-) and two irradiated (Ami-/rad+ and Ami+/rad+) groups. Animals received 400mg/kg of amifostine i.p...
- Function of pokeweed mitogen-stimulated human T cells following vaccination with pneumococcal polysaccharidesC Heilmann
Department of Medical Immunology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Pathol Microbiol Immunol Scand C 95:207-12. 1987..Irradiation (2300 rad) of T cells from day 0 increased the numbers of anti-PPS-SC in the cultures significantly (three times), whereas ..
- CD40 ligand expressed in adenovirus can improve the immunogenicity of the GP3 and GP5 of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in swineJun Cao
Key Laboratory of Animal Diseases Diagnostic and Immunology, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Vaccine 28:7514-22. 2010..The results showed that rAd-CD40L-GP35 (co-expressing CD40L and GP3-GP5) or rAd-GP35 (expressing GP3-GP5) plus rAd-CD40L (expressing CD40L) ..
- Dose schedule of recombinant murine thrombopoietin prior to myelosuppressive and myeloablative therapy in miceE G Stefanich
Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 47:70-7. 2001....
- Holliday junction cleavage by yeast Rad1 proteinY Habraken
Sealy Center for Molecular Science, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 1061
Nature 371:531-4. 1994In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, of the many genes required for excision repair of ultraviolet-damaged DNA, only RAD1 and RAD10 also function in genetic recombination...
- Inhibition of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus replication by adenovirus-mediated RNA interference both in porcine alveolar macrophages and swineGuangming Li
Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing Agriculture University, Jiangsu, China
Antiviral Res 82:157-65. 2009..One recombinant adenovirus (rAd-P2) was found to be also effective in inhibiting the replication of highly virulent PRRSV SY0608 strain in Marc-145 ..
- Yttrium-90 ibritumomab tiuxetan doses calculated to deliver up to 15 Gy to critical organs may be safely combined with high-dose BEAM and autologous transplantation in relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJane N Winter
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:1653-9. 2009To determine the maximum-tolerated radiation-absorbed dose (RAD) to critical organs delivered by yttrium-90 ((90)Y) ibritumomab tiuxetan in combination with high-dose carmustine, etoposide, cytarabine, and melphalan (BEAM) chemotherapy ..
- Muscle fatigue induced by exercise simulating the work rate of competitive soccerN Rahnama
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK
J Sports Sci 21:933-42. 2003..001) in peak torque for both the quadriceps and hamstrings at all angular velocities (concentric: 1.05, 2.09, 5.23 rad x s(-1); eccentric: 2.09 rad x s(-1))...
- Specific cleavage of model recombination and repair intermediates by the yeast Rad1-Rad10 DNA endonucleaseA J Bardwell
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas 75235
Science 265:2082-5. 1994The RAD1 and RAD10 genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae are required for both nucleotide excision repair and certain mitotic recombination events...
- In vivo radioprotective effects of oltipraz in gamma-irradiated miceS G Kim
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Seoul, Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 55:1585-90. 1998Previous studies in this laboratory have shown that oltipraz (Olt), a chemopreventive agent, enhances radiation(Rad)-inducible glutathione S-transferase (GST) and microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEH) expression in the liver...
- Tissue engineering of a bioartificial renal tubule assist device: in vitro transport and metabolic characteristicsH D Humes
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, VA Medical Center, Ann Arbor, USA
Kidney Int 55:2502-14. 1999..This therapy is not complete renal replacement therapy because it does not provide active transport nor metabolic and endocrinologic functions of the kidney, which are located predominantly in the tubular elements of the kidney...
- Antioxidant properties of ursodeoxycholic acidDomenico Lapenna
Dipartimento di Medicina e Scienze dell Invecchiamento, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita G D Annunzio, 66100 Scalo, Chieti, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 64:1661-7. 2002..09 and 29 mM, respectively, in human plasma and bile. UDCA was an excellent scavenger of OHz.rad; generated by FeCl(3)-EDTA, H(2)O(2) and ascorbate in the deoxyribose oxidation test, showing IC(min) and IC(50) ..
- Bone or cartilage invasion by advanced head and neck cancer: intra-arterial supradose cisplatin chemotherapy and concomitant radiotherapy for organ preservationS Samant
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, 956 Court Ave, Suite B 222, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:1451-6. 2001..At University of Tennessee-Memphis, patients with advanced head and neck cancer have been treated on a protocol of concomitant intra-arterial (targeted) cisplatin and conventional radiation therapy...
- Histopathological and scintigraphic comparisons of the protective effects of L-carnitine and amifostine against radiation-induced late renal toxicity in ratsMurat Caloglu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:523-30. 2009..2. Seventy-one Albino rats were randomly divided into six groups as follows: (i) AMI + RAD (n = 15), 200 mg/kg, i.p...
- A comparison of three site-directed mutagenesis kitsP Loke
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Z Naturforsch C 56:810-3. 2001..comparative study, three different mutagenesis kits, namely the MutaGene phagemid in vitro mutagenesis kit (Bio-Rad), the TransformerÃ¤ Site-Directed mutagenesis kit (Clontech) and the Quik-change site-directed mutagenesis kit (..
- Rad is temporally regulated within myogenic progenitor cells during skeletal muscle regenerationThomas J Hawke
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, York Univ, 4700 Keele St, Toronto, ON, Canada M3J 1P3
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C379-87. 2006..Herein we demonstrate the expression pattern and transcriptional regulation of Rad, a prototypical member of a family of novel Ras-related GTPases, during mammalian development and skeletal muscle ..
- Gender differences in the circadian variations in muscle strength assessed with and without superimposed electrical twitchesMagali Giacomoni
Laboratoire Ergonomie Sportive et Performance, UFR STAPS, Universite de Toulon Var, La Garde, France
Ergonomics 48:1473-87. 2005..Peak isokinetic torques (PT) of knee extensors and flexors were then measured at 1.05 rad s(-1) and 3.14 rad s(-1) through a 90 degrees range of motion...
- Prevention of acute allograft rejection in nonhuman primate lung transplant recipients: induction with chimeric anti-interleukin-2 receptor monoclonal antibody improves the tolerability and potentiates the immunosuppressive activity of a regimen using lowB Hausen
Transplantation Immunology, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Transplantation 69:488-96. 2000..but reduced tolerability after combined treatment with high doses of microemulsion cyclosporine (CsA) and SDZ RAD (40-O-(2-hydroxyethyl)-rapamycin)...
- Efficient adenovirus-mediated gene transfer to gastric tissue by oral administrationXiao fei Liu
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
J Gene Med 11:1087-94. 2009Recombinant adenoviruses (rAd) are well-characterized viral vectors and have been studied in many human diseases. However, there are no detailed methods for transferring genes to the stomach using rAd.
- An evaluation of two commercially available ELISAs and one in-house reference laboratory ELISA for the determination of human anti-rabies virus antibodiesRyan J Welch
Associated Regional and University Pathologists ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Med Microbiol 58:806-10. 2009..We compared the Bio-Rad Platelia Rabies II ELISA, DRG Rabies Virus IgG Ab ELISA and Focus Diagnostics Rabies Antibody Detection by ELISA to ..
- ESR dating of elephant teeth and radiation dose rate estimation in soilT S Chong
Department of Nuclear Engineering, Nagoya University, Japan
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 40:1199-202. 1989..The 60Co gamma-ray equivalent accumulated dose of (2 +/- 0.2) x 10(4) rad for the tooth enamel gave "ESR age" of (9 +/- 2) x 10(4) y, which falls in the geologically estimated range between ..
- Comparison of genotoxic potency of styrene 7,8-oxide with gamma radiation and human cancer risk estimation of styrene using the rad-equivalence approachLode Godderis
IDEWE, External Service for Prevention at Work, Interleuvenlaan 58, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Mutagenesis 22:209-15. 2007..genotoxic potency of styrene 7,8-oxide and gamma radiation in order to calculate the cancer risk by means of the rad-equivalence approach. Leucocytes of 20 individuals were exposed to 0, 0.1, 0.2 or 0...
- Neonatal thymulin gene therapy in nude mice: Effects on the morphology of the pituitary corticotrope populationEliana Martines
Department of Cytology, Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of La Plata, Argentina
Histol Histopathol 26:471-9. 2011..We used an adenoviral vector expressing a synthetic gene for the thymic peptide thymulin (metFTS) termed RAd-FTS...
- A comprehensive index for assessing environmental stress in animalsT L Mader
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska, Concord 68728, USA
J Anim Sci 88:2153-65. 2010..However, no model has been found that incorporates adjustments for RH, WS, and radiation (RAD) over conditions that encompass hot and cold environmental conditions...
- HSP70 fused with GP3 and GP5 of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus enhanced the immune responses and protective efficacy against virulent PRRSV challenge in pigsJunxing Li
Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Vaccine 27:825-32. 2009..The results showed that all animals vaccinated with rAd-GP35 (co-expressing GP3-GP5), rAd-HS35 and rAd-HSA35 (co-expressing GP3-GP5 fused with HSP70 using different ..
- Synergism between base excision repair, mediated by the DNA glycosylases Ntg1 and Ntg2, and nucleotide excision repair in the removal of oxidatively damaged DNA bases in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeL Gellon
CEA, Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, UMR217 CNRS CEA Radiobiologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Mol Genet Genomics 265:1087-96. 2001..The triple mutants rad1 ntg1 ntg2 and rad14 ntg1 ntg2 show 15- and 22-fold increases, respectively, in spontaneous forward mutation to ..
- Influence of muscle architecture on the torque and power-velocity characteristics of young and elderly menJeanette M Thom
Institute for Biophysical and Clinical Research into Human Movement IRM, Manchester Metropolitan University, Alsager Campus, Hassall Road, Alsager, Cheshire, ST7 2HL, UK
Eur J Appl Physiol 100:613-9. 2007..Plantarflexors' (PF) maximal isometric and concentric torques were recorded at 0.87, 1.75, 2.62, 3.49 and 4.36 rad s(-1)...
- The novel immunosuppressant FTY720 induces peripheral lymphodepletion of both T- and B-cells in cynomolgus monkeys when given alone, with Cyclosporine Neoral or with RADV F Quesniaux
Transplantation Research Department, Novartis Pharma, Basel, Switzerland
Transpl Immunol 8:177-87. 2000..Here, we investigated the susceptibility of cynomolgus monkeys to FTY720 given orally either alone or in combination with two other immunosuppressants, Cyclosporin Neoral or RAD, as an introductory study to transplantation protocols.
- [Noninvasive assessment of forearm vessels by color Doppler ultrasonography (CDU) before and after radiocephalic fistula (RCF) placement]R Roca-Tey
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital de Mollet, Barcelona
Nefrologia 27:489-95. 2007..The CDU is a noninvasive vascular access (VA) monitoring technique that provides both structural and hemodynamic information from vessels...
- Immune responses of two recombinant adenoviruses expressing VP1 antigens of FMDV fused with porcine granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factorYijun Du
Key Laboratory of Animal Diseases Diagnostic and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing 210095, China
Vaccine 25:8209-19. 2007..designated VPe) or VP1 protein of FMDV fused with porcine granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (named rAd-GMCSF-VPe and rAd-GMCSF-VP1)...
- Reference database for bone speed of sound measurement by a novel quantitative multi-site ultrasound deviceM Weiss
Endocrine Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Osteoporos Int 11:688-96. 2000..We report the reference database for SOS at the radius (RAD), tibia (TIB), metatarsus (MTR) and phalanx (PLX)...
- Protective immune responses induced by in ovo immunization with recombinant adenoviruses expressing spike (S1) glycoprotein of infectious bronchitis virus fused/co-administered with granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factorBasit Zeshan
Key Laboratory of Animal Diseases Diagnostic and Immunology, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Vet Microbiol 148:8-17. 2011..The results showed that the chickens vaccinated in ovo with rAd-S1, rAd-GM-S1 (GM-CSF fused with S1 using glycine linkers) and rAd-GM-CSF plus rAd-S1 (co-administered) developed ..
- Retinal microvascular abnormalities in patients treated with external radiation for graves ophthalmopathyDennis M Robertson
Department of Ophthalmology, Division of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:652-7. 2003..Radiation was directed to the orbits of 42 affected patients using 0.2 rad (20 Gy) delivered in 10 doses of 0.02 rad (2 Gy). Patients were periodically examined during a 3-year interval.
- Inhibition of metabolism and growth of Mycobacterium leprae by gamma irradiationL B Adams
Laboratory Research Branch, GWL Hansen s Disease Center, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70894, USA
Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis 68:1-10. 2000..gamma-Irr of up to 10(3) rad had little effect on the metabolic activity of either organism. For M...
- Regulation of seed germination in the close Arabidopsis relative Lepidium sativum: a global tissue-specific transcript analysisKarl Morris
School of Life Sciences, Warwick University, Wellesbourne, Warwick CV35 9EF, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 155:1851-70. 2011..g. Arabidopsis [Arabidopsis thaliana]) is regulated by two opposing forces, the growth potential of the radicle (RAD) and the resistance to this growth from the micropylar endosperm cap (CAP) surrounding it...
- Rsp5, a ubiquitin-protein ligase, is involved in degradation of the single-stranded-DNA binding protein rfa1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeN Erdeniz
Department of Genetics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032 2704, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:224-32. 2000In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, RAD1 and RAD52 are required for alternate pathways of mitotic recombination. Double-mutant strains exhibit a synergistic interaction that decreases direct repeat recombination rates dramatically...
- Genetic control of RNA polymerase I-stimulated recombination in yeastB R Zehfus
Department of Biological Chemistry, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033
Genetics 126:41-52. 1990..Mutations in RAD1 and RAD52 decrease the ability of HOT1 to stimulate intrachromosomal recombination while mutations in RAD4 and ..
- Nuclear localization of endogenous RGK proteins and modulation of cell shape remodeling by regulated nuclear transportRamasubbu N Mahalakshmi
Epithelial Cell Biology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673, Singapore
Traffic 8:1164-78. 2007The members of the RGK small GTP-binding protein family, Kir/Gem, Rad, Rem and Rem2, are multifunctional proteins that regulate voltage-gated calcium channel activity and cell shape remodeling...
- Reduced orthostatic tolerance following 4 h head-down tiltG C Butler
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol 62:26-30. 1991The cardiovascular responses to a 10-min 1.22 rad (70 degrees) head-up tilt orthostatic tolerance test (OST) was observed in eight healthy men following each of a 5-min supine baseline (control), 4 h of 0...
- [Construction and immunogenicity of a recombinant adenovirus co-expressing the E2 protein of classical swine fever virus and the porcine interleukin 2 in rabbits]Lei He
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, China
Bing Du Xue Bao 26:385-91. 2010..resultant recombinant plasmid AdEasy-E2-pIL-2 was transfected into the 293 cells where the recombinant adenovirus rAd-E2-pIL-2 was produced. The immunogenicity of rAd-E2-pIL-2 was evaluated in rabbits...
- Histamine inactivation in the colon of pigs in relationship to abundance of catabolic enzymesJörg R Aschenbach
Institute of Veterinary Physiology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 41:712-9. 2006..Two enzymes are involved, namely histamine N-methyltransferase (HMT) and diamine oxidase (DAO). The purpose of this study was to find a link between histamine catabolism and the activities of HMT and DAO...
- Non-nociceptive upper limb afferents modulate masseter muscle EMG activity in manFranca Deriu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Human Physiology and Bioengineering, University of Sassari, Viale San Pietro 43 B, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Exp Brain Res 143:286-94. 2002..human masseter muscles by stimulation of non-nociceptive fibres travelling in the median and radial nerves (MED and RAD, respectively). Eighteen healthy volunteers participated in the study...
- Use of yeast for detection of endogenous abasic lesions, their source, and their repairSerge Boiteux
Laboratory of Radiobiology DNA, Department of Radiobiology and Radiopathology, Aus Roses, France
Methods Enzymol 408:79-91. 2006..Data shows that the simultaneous inactivation of two AP endonucleases (Apn1 and Apn2) and of the nuclease Rad1-Rad10 causes cell death in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma: transarterial 188Re HDD-labeled iodized oil for treatment--prospective multicenter clinical trialAjay Kumar
Department of Nuclear Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Radiology 243:509-19. 2007....
- Role of interleukin-1 receptor type II in the pathogenesis of endometriosisZhen Hou
Center of Clinical Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 89:42-51. 2008..To determine the role of interleukin-1 receptor type II (IL-1RII) in the pathogenesis of endometriosis...
- Comparison between multiplex assays for autoantibody detection in systemic lupus erythematosusJohn G Hanly
Division of Rheumatology, Capital Health and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Immunol Methods 358:75-80. 2010..Autoantibodies were measured using the BioPlex 2200 ANA screen (Bio-Rad), QuantaPlex ENA8 (INOVA Diagnostics) and recomLine ANA/ENA (Mikrogen)...
- Influence of 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase polymorphism on whole-blood folate concentrations measured by LC-MS/MS, microbiologic assay, and bio-rad radioassayZia Fazili
Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Atlanta, GA 30345, USA
Clin Chem 54:197-201. 2008..NADPH) (MTHFR) C677T polymorphism may affect whole-blood folate pattern measured by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) and total folate measured by LC-MS/MS, microbiologic assay, and Bio-Rad radioassay (BR).
- Analysis of the serum levels of fungi-specific immunoglobulin E in patients with allergic diseasesFeng Ying Chang
Department of Pediatrics, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 154:49-56. 2011..Sensitization to fungal allergens may be associated with respiratory allergic disease (RAD) and atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- Complete inhibition of goiter in mice requires combined gene therapy modification of angiopoietin, vascular endothelial growth factor, and fibroblast growth factor signalingJames D Ramsden
Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Endocrinology 146:2895-902. 2005..Recombinant adenovirus vectors (RAds) expressing truncated, secreted forms of human Tie2 (RAd-sTie2) and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 1 (RAd-sVEGFR1) or a truncated, dominant-negative fibroblast ..
- A human homologue of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe rad1+ checkpoint gene encodes an exonucleaseA E Parker
Department of Experimental Molecular Biology, Janssen Research Foundation, Turnhoutseweg 30, B 2340 Beerse, Belgium
J Biol Chem 273:18332-9. 1998In the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe the rad1(+) gene is required for both the DNA damage-dependent and the DNA replication-dependent cell cycle checkpoints. We have identified a human homologue of the S...
- Analysis of immunogenicity of minor envelope protein GP3 of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in miceWenming Jiang
Key Laboratory of Animal Diseases Diagnostic and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing 210095, China
Virus Genes 35:695-704. 2007..In this study, two recombinant adenoviruses, rAd-GP3 expressing complete GP3 and rAd-tGP3 expressing truncated GP3 in which aa2-64 were deleted, were constructed ..
- The human Rad9/Rad1/Hus1 damage sensor clamp interacts with DNA polymerase beta and increases its DNA substrate utilisation efficiency: implications for DNA repairMagali Toueille
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zurich Irchel, Wintherturerstrasse 190, CH 8057, Zurich, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 32:3316-24. 2004..This requires the action of DNA damage sensors such as the Rad family proteins. The three human proteins Rad9, Rad1 and Hus1 form a heterotrimeric complex (called the 9-1-1 complex) that is recruited onto DNA upon damage...
- Antitumor effects of murine bone marrow-derived dendritic cells infected with xenogeneic livin alpha recombinant adenoviral vectors against Lewis lung carcinomaJunping Xie
Department of Respiratory Disease, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Lung Cancer 68:338-45. 2010Transduction with recombinant, replication-defective adenoviral (rAd) vectors encoding a transgene is an efficient method for gene transfer into dendritic cells (DCs). Livin is a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein family...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of dietary fibre in raw and processed carrotsA Redondo
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Chromatogr A 677:273-8. 1994..414 M H2SO4 for 3 h at 100 degrees C. For the neutralization step prior to injection, AG4-X4 resin (Bio-Rad) was used. Neutral monosaccharides were separated using an HPX-87P column (Bio-Rad)...
- Theoretical concepts of on-line liquid chromatographic-biochemical detection systems. I. Detection systems based on labelled ligandsA J Oosterkamp
Leiden/Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, University of Leiden, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 787:27-35. 1997..Using a recently developed LC-receptor affinity detection (RAD) system as a model, equations are derived which describe the detector response and the signal-to-noise ratio as a ..
- Polarography of Walker tumor submitted to radiotherapyM Sakate
Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP, Campus de Botucatu Faculdade de Medicina, Departamento de Radioterapia
Tumori 73:555-8. 1987..Tumor growth caused a decrease in tumoral oxygen. Oxygen was always lower in the tumor than in the muscle. Radiotherapy with 2000 rad (but not with 1000 rad) increased oxygen in the tumor.
- Floral asymmetry involves an interplay between TCP and MYB transcription factors in AntirrhinumSusie B Corley
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5068-73. 2005To understand how genes control floral asymmetry, we have isolated and analyzed the role of the RADIALIS (RAD) gene in Antirrhinum...
- Potent inhibition of L-type Ca2+ currents by a Rad variant associated with congestive heart failureU Meza
Department of Medicine Cardiology Division, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, 12700 East 19th Avenue, P15 8006, B 139, Aurora, CO 80045, USA Departamento de Fisiología y Biofísica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi, Venustiano Carranza 2405, San Luis Potosi, SLP 78210, Mexico Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 439:270-4. 2013..b>Rad, a member of the RGK (Rem, Rem2, Rad, Gem/Kir) family of monomeric G proteins, regulates ventricular action ..
- Evaluation of regional aortic distensibility using color kinesisYoshimasa Kato
First Department of Surgery, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama shi, Toyama, Japan
Angiology 54:345-51. 2003..The authors defined regional aortic distensibility (RAD) by considering pulse pressure, with RAD (microm/s/mm Hg) = (regional aortic wall velocity)/(pulse pressure)...
- Application of the Cre/loxP system to enhance thyroid-targeted expression of sodium/iodide symporterXiaoqin Lin
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2344-50. 2004..The following three recombinant adenoviruses (rAd) were constructed: rAd-Tg-hNIS drives hNIS expression by the Tg promoter; rAd-Tg-Cre drives Cre expression by the ..
- Immunohistochemistry as an adjunct in the differential diagnosis of radiation-induced atypia versus urothelial carcinoma in situ of the bladder: a study of 45 casesEsther Oliva
Pathology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Hum Pathol 44:860-6. 2013..In this setting, radiation-induced changes (RAD-Ch) may be very difficult to distinguish from carcinoma in situ, and failing to recognize them may lead to ..
- Is RAD-seq suitable for phylogenetic inference? An in silico assessment and optimizationMarie Cariou
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, CNRS, UMR 5558, Laboratoire de Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive 43 boulevard du 11 novembre 1918, Villeurbanne, F 69622, France
Ecol Evol 3:846-52. 2013..In this context, Restriction site Associated DNA sequencing (RAD-seq) seems promising as this technique can generate sequence data from numerous DNA fragments scattered throughout ..
- Do ray cells provide a pathway for radial water movement in the stems of conifer trees?David M Barnard
Department of Forest Ecosystems and Society, Oregon State University Corvallis, OR 97331 USA
Am J Bot 100:322-31. 2013..This study investigated relationships between radial hydraulic conductivity (k(s-rad)) and ray anatomical and stem morphological characteristics in the stems of three conifer species whose ..
- Recombinant adenovirus expressing F and H fusion proteins of peste des petits ruminants virus induces both humoral and cell-mediated immune responses in goatsYong Wang
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemiology and Zoonosis, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, No 2 Yuanmingyuan West Road, Beijing 100193, PR China
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 154:1-7. 2013..The recombinant adenoviruses (rAds) expressing F, H, and F-H fusion protein were named rAd-F, rAd-H, and rAd-F-H, respectively...
- Rapid-air-dry papanicolaou stain in canine and feline tumor cytology: a quantitative comparison with the Giemsa stainMariko Sawa
Laboratory of Veterinary Clinical Pathology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 74:1133-8. 2012..stain using air-dried smears is utilized in human cytology, but usefulness of this rapid-air-dry Papanicolaou (RAD-Pap) stain in the veterinary field has not been fully evaluated...
- Social use of language in children with reactive attachment disorder and autism spectrum disordersFareeha Amber Sadiq
Section of Psychological Medicine, Caledonia House, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 21:267-76. 2012Children with a diagnosis of reactive attachment disorder (RAD) appear to show difficulties in social understanding. We aimed to compare the pragmatic language functioning of children with (RAD) and autism spectrum disorder (ASD)...
- Synergistic anticancer effect of rAd/P53 combined with 5-fluorouracil or iodized oil in the early therapeutic response of human colon cancer in vivoQi Xie
Department of Imaging, Nan Sha Center Hospital, Guangzhou Municipal First People s Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510240, Guangdong Province, China
Gene 499:303-8. 2012..In the present study, the early therapeutic response of rAd/p53, combined with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) or with iodized oil, was observed in a human colon cancer model...
- Self-renewal and differentiation of reactive astrocyte-derived neural stem/progenitor cells isolated from the cortical peri-infarct area after strokeIssei S Shimada
Department of Medicine, Stem Cell Core, University of Vermont, Colchester, Vermont 05446, USA
J Neurosci 32:7926-40. 2012..neural spheres in culture, suggestive of tdRFP-positive reactive astrocyte-derived neural stem/progenitor cells (Rad-NSCs). Cultured Rad-NSCs self-renewed and differentiated into neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes...
- Inferring phylogenies from RAD sequence dataBenjamin E R Rubin
Committee on Evolutionary Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33394. 2012..g., Illumina, SOLiD) to sequence restriction-site associated DNA (RAD)--the regions of the genome that flank the recognition sites of restriction enzymes...
- Population genomic analysis of model and nonmodel organisms using sequenced RAD tagsPAUL A HOHENLOHE
Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, USA
Methods Mol Biol 888:235-60. 2012..To speed this revolution in evolutionary genetics, we and colleagues developed Restriction site Associated DNA (RAD) sequencing, a method that uses Illumina NGS to simultaneously type and score tens to hundreds of thousands of ..
- Rad and Rad-related GTPases interact with calmodulin and calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIJ S Moyers
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 272:11832-9. 1997Members of the Rad family of GTPases (including Rad, Gem, and Kir) possess several unique features of unknown function in comparison to other Ras-like proteins, with major N-terminal and C-terminal extensions, a lack of typical ..
- Resistance exercise prevents plantar flexor deconditioning during bed restM M Bamman
Department of Human Studies, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 29:1462-8. 1997..The angle-specific torque-velocity relationship across 5 velocities (0, 0.52, 1.05, 1.75, and 2.97 rad.s-1) and the full range-of-motion power-velocity relationship were assessed on a dynamometer...
- Polarization of protective immunity induced by replication-incompetent adenovirus expressing glycoproteins of pseudorabies virusYoung Woo Han
Laboratory of Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Bio Safety Research Institute, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju 561 756, Korea
Exp Mol Med 40:583-95. 2008..Among three constructs, recombinant adenovirus expressing gB (rAd-gB) was found to induce the most potent immunity biased to Th1-type, as determined by the IgG isotype ratio and the ..
- EFFECTS OF GAMMA RADIATION ON BIOMEDICAL POLYMERSCato Laurencin; Fiscal Year: 1990..of irradiation of polymers has been inadequate since 1) studies have by and large only addressed the use of 4mega-rad levels of gamma irradiation for sterilization purposes, 2) in determining radiation effects, studies have ..
- NAPRTCS CLINICAL TRIALS IN PRIMARY & REPEAT TRANSPLANTSWilliam Harmon; Fiscal Year: 2002..trial (ratio 2:1) of 600 primary transplant recipients to test the 1st hypothesis, that patients randomized to RAD, cyclosporine (CSA) and prednisone (P) (test arm) will have significantly less acute rejections in the first six ..
- Enhanced Propagation of Adult Human Renal Epithelial CellsAngela Westover; Fiscal Year: 2009..A hollow fiber based renal assist device (RAD) containing human cells has been evaluated in FDA-approved Phase I/II and Phase II clinical trials...
- IMMUNE REGULATION IN LUNG TRANSPLANTATIONWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..double-blinded clinical trial including patients from the UW-Madison is underway to see if a form of rapamycin (RAD) can prevent bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome (BOS) while improving long-term outcome in lung transplants...
- LASER PHOTOTHERAPY FOR THE TREATMENT OF MALIGNANCIESDan Castro; Fiscal Year: 1992..The "LAD" (laser absorptive dose) parallel to the RAD in radiology will be determined. 2...
- EXCISION REPAIR OF UV IRRADIATED DNA IN YEASTSatya Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2001..This proposal focuses on five excision repair genes: RAD1, RAD2, RAD3, RAD4, and RAD10, and their encoded proteins...
- CROSS-RESISTANCE OR SENSITIVITY IN MULTIMODAL THERAPYWILLIAM LOONEY; Fiscal Year: 1990..A cure rate of 50% was achieved with 6000 rad intermittent MFD alternated with CP contrasted with 11,250 rad with daily radiation fractions and CP...
- Brain Motion During Blunt ImpactAlbert King; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the range of angular velocities used was limited to approximately 25 rad/s...
- LASER SCANNING CONFOCAL MICROSCOPEPeter Gillespie; Fiscal Year: 2009..to purchase an Olympus Fluoview 1000 single-point scanning confocal system, which will replace a 10-year-old Bio-Rad MRC 1024 at the Oregon Hearing Research Center (OHRC)...
- Chromatin remodeling specific interactions of ATMSundaresan Venkatachalam; Fiscal Year: 2009..variety of responses that are initiated by the ataxia- telangiectasia mutated (ATM) and ataxia- telangiectasia and Rad 3-related (ATR) kinases...
- NOVEL E1 CELL LINE FOR RCA-FREE ADENOVIRAL GENE THERAPYRichard Peluso; Fiscal Year: 2001..Commercial production of rAd is limited by replication competent adenovirus (RCA) present in 40-60 percent of rAd lots...
- Reducing Asthma Disparities: The Baltimore City Healthy Homes InitiativeMadeleine A Shea; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): Project Summary/Abstract "Reducing Asthma Disparities: The Baltimore City Healthy Homes Initiative" (RAD) will reduce racial disparities in asthma morbidity in Baltimore by providing an evidence- based healthy homes ..
- Variable Dose Rate X-ray IrradiatorHoward B Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this proposal, we request consideration for the funds needed to purchase a X-RAD 320 Biological Irradiator, a variable dose rate x-ray emitter...
- PROTEOMEWORKSTM SYSTEMRichard Cook; Fiscal Year: 2001This Shared Instrumentation Grant proposal is for the purchase of the ProteomeWorks(TM) System from BIO-RAD and Micromass...
- BIO-RAD CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE & 3-D ANALYSIS WORK STATIONTheresa Harrison; Fiscal Year: 1991..Thomas Rosenquist, who is conducting research at a confocal facility at Univ. of South Carolina, will provide expertise and assistance to the other users and technical support in setting up the facility...
- COMMUNITY-BASED PHARMACEUTICAL CARE: A CONTROLLED TRIALMorris Weinberger; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: (taken from abstract). Using reactive airways disease (RAD) as a model, the applicants propose to develop algorithms, materials, and an educational program to facilitate pharmaceutical care...
- TRANSFORMATION IN VITRO WITH SPLIT DOSES OF RADIATIONRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 1980..Experiments with x-rays indicate that at low dose levels below 100 rad, splitting the dose into two fractions separated by a time interval of 5 hours increases the incidence of ..