Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPS9
Description: ribosomal protein S9
Alias: 40S ribosomal protein S9, small ribosomal subunit protein uS4
- Ribosomal protein S9 is a novel B23/NPM-binding protein required for normal cell proliferationMikael S Lindström
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7512, USA
J Biol Chem 283:15568-76. 2008..A novel, RNA-independent interaction between ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) and B23 was further investigated. We found that S9 binding requires an intact B23 oligomerization domain...
- Longevity GWAS Using the Drosophila Genetic Reference PanelDobril K Ivanov
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, European Bioinformatics Institute EMBL EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 70:1470-8. 2015..Genes in the target of rapamycin pathway (TOR; Chrb, slif, mipp2, dredd, RpS9, dm) contributed to the significant enrichment of this pathway among the top-ranked 100 genes (p = 4.79×10(-06))...
- Identification of suitable housekeeping genes for normalization of quantitative real-time PCR data during different physiological stages of mammary gland in riverine buffaloes (Bubalus bubalis)J Aggarwal
National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources, Karnal, Haryana, India
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 97:1132-41. 2013..A total of 16 potential HKGs (GAPDH, β-actin, UXT, β2M, A2M, RPl4, RPS9, RPS15A, RPS18, RPS23, HMBS, HPRT1, GTP, EEF1A1, UB1 and RPL22) from different functional classes were evaluated...
- Technical note: Selecting the best references in gene expression experiments in liver of cows receiving glucogenic supplements during the transition periodM Ostrowska
Institute of Genetic and Animal Breeding, Polish Academy of Sciences, Jastrzebiec, Postepu 36A, 05 552 Magdalenka, Poland Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 97:911-6. 2014..candidate reference genes: β-actin (ACTB), glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9), ribosomal protein L32 (RPL32), and TATA-box-binding protein (TBP), for use in an experiment aimed at measuring ..
- Technical note: Selection of suitable reference genes for studying gene expression in milk somatic cell of yak (Bos grunniens) during the lactation cycleW L Bai
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Shenyang Agricultural University, Shenyang 110866, China
J Dairy Sci 97:902-10. 2014..candidate reference genes in milk somatic cells of lactating yak, including ACTB, B2M, GAPDH, GTP, MRPL39, PPP1R11, RPS9, RPS15, UXT, and RN18S1...
- Identification of reference genes for qRT-PCR in human lung squamous-cell carcinoma by RNA-SeqCheng Zhan
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200031, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 46:330-7. 2014..In contrast, 1 of the 15 common reference genes (ACTB) and the 5 additional candidate reference genes (EEF1A1, FAU, RPS9, RPS11, and RPS14) were stably and constitutively expressed at high levels in all the samples tested...
- Differences in the gene expression profiles of haemocytes from schistosome-susceptible and -resistant biomphalaria glabrata exposed to Schistosoma mansoni excretory-secretory productsZahida Zahoor
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, School of Life Science, Kingston University, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom Wolfson Wellcome Biomedical Laboratory, Natural History Museum, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e93215. 2014..resistant-snail genes included the nuclear factor kappa B subunit Relish, elongation factor 1α, 40S ribosomal protein S9, and matrilin; known susceptible-snail specific genes included cathepsins D and L, and theromacin...
- Identification of stably expressed reference genes for RT-qPCR data normalization in defined localizations of cyclic bovine ovariesK Schoen
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Koserstraße 20, 14195, Berlin, Germany
Anat Histol Embryol 44:200-11. 2015..Expression profiles of twelve potential reference genes (GAPDH, ACTB, YWHAZ, HPRT1, SDHA, UBA52, POLR2C, RPS9, ACTG2, H3F3B, RPS18 and RPL19) were analysed...
- 196 changes in metabolic expression profiles in placenta and fetal liver from bovine cloned conceptiV H V Rodrigues
University of Fortaleza UNIFOR, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 27:189. 2014..PCR system (Applied Biosystems), with results normalized using 2(-ΔΔCT) method with ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) as the housekeeping gene. Data were analysed by the GLM procedure (LSM ± s.e.m...
- Identification of Susceptibility Loci in IL6, RPS9/LILRB3, and an Intergenic Locus on Chromosome 21q22 in Takayasu Arteritis in a Genome-Wide Association StudyPaul A Renauer
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Arthritis Rheumatol 67:1361-8. 2015..Takayasu arteritis is a rare large vessel vasculitis with incompletely understood etiology. This study was undertaken to perform the first unbiased genome-wide association analysis of Takayasu arteritis...
- The ribosome quality control pathway can access nascent polypeptides stalled at the Sec61 transloconKarina von der Malsburg
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 0QH, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 26:2168-80. 2015..Thus the RQC pathway can target stalled translocation intermediates for degradation from the Sec61 channel. ..
- An analysis of CAF-1-interacting proteins reveals dynamic and direct interactions with the KU complex and 14-3-3 proteinsMaarten Hoek
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
J Biol Chem 286:10876-87. 2011..These results highlight that CAF-1 has prominent interactions with the DNA repair machinery but that the N terminus is dispensable for the role of CAF-1 in DNA replication- and repair-coupled chromatin assembly...
- The landscape of copy number variations in Finnish families with autism spectrum disordersChakravarthi Kanduri
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, P O Box 63, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Autism Res 9:9-16. 2016..several novel candidate genes (BDKRB1, BDKRB2, AP2M1, SPTA1, PTH1R, CYP2E1, PLCD3, F2RL1, UQCRC2, LILRB3, RPS9, and COL11A2) were identified through gene prioritization...
- Reference Genes in the Pathosystem Phakopsora pachyrhizi/ Soybean Suitable for Normalization in Transcript ProfilingDaniela Hirschburger
Department of Phytopathology, Institute of Phytomedicine, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Hohenheim, Otto Sander Straße 5, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Int J Mol Sci 16:23057-75. 2015..For studies omitting the resting spore and the appressorium stages a combination of Elf3 and RPS9, or PKD and GAPDH should be used...
- Screening for the Most Suitable Reference Genes for Gene Expression Studies in Equine Milk Somatic CellsJakub Cieslak
Department of Horse Breeding, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Poznan, Poland
PLoS ONE 10:e0139688. 2015..for apropriate RT-qPCR experiments normalization, whereas NormFinder algorithm pointed the combination of KRT8 and RPS9 genes as the most suitable...
- Selection of suitable reference genes for normalization of quantitative RT-PCR in peripheral blood samples of bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)I Hua Chen
Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, 600, Taiwan R O C
Sci Rep 5:15425. 2015..bottlenose dolphins were used to analyze 15 candidate HKGs (ACTB, B2M, GAPDH, HPRT1, LDHB, PGK1, RPL4, RPL8, RPL18, RPS9, RPS18, TFRC, YWHAZ, LDHA, SDHA)...
- Comparisons of Ribosomal Protein Gene Promoters Indicate Superiority of Heterologous Regulatory Sequences for Expressing Transgenes in Phytophthora infestansLaetitia Poidevin
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, University of California, Riverside, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0145612. 2015..capsici promoters. With the RPS9 and RPL10 promoters of P...
- Identification of internal control genes in milk-derived mammary epithelial cells during lactation cycle of Indian zebu cowPradeep Jatav
National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources, Haryana, India
Anim Sci J 87:344-53. 2016The present study aims to evaluate the suitability of 10 candidate genes, namely GAPDH, ACTB, RPS15A, RPL4, RPS9, RPS23, HMBS, HPRT1, EEF1A1 and UBI as internal control genes (ICG) to normalize the transcriptional data of mammary ..
- Introns regulate the production of ribosomal proteins by modulating splicing of duplicated ribosomal protein genesCyrielle Petibon
Université de Sherbrooke Centre of Excellence in RNA Biology, Departement de Microbiologie et d Infectiologie, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Québec J1E 4K8, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 44:3878-91. 2016..Exchanging the introns and 3' untranslated regions of the duplicated RPS9 genes altered the splicing efficiency and changed the ratio of the ribosomal protein isoforms...
- Validation of putative reference genes for gene expression studies in heat stressed and α-MSH treated melanocyte cells of Bos indicus using real-time quantitative PCRRenuka Choudhary
Climate Resilient Livestock Research Centre, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal 132001, Haryana, India Department of Biotechnology, Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana 133207, Haryana, India Electronic address
Mol Cell Probes 30:161-7. 2016..A total of 15 IRGs (ACTB, BZM, EEF1, GAPDH, GTP, HMBS, HPRT, RPL22, RPL4, RPS15, RPS18, RPS23, RPS9, UBC and UXT) from different functional classes were evaluated...
- Selection of reference genes for RT-qPCR studies in blood of beluga whales (Delphinapterus leucas)I Hua Chen
Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, Taiwan, ROC
Peerj 4:e1810. 2016..Thirteen candidate HKGs (ACTB, B2M, GAPDH, HPRT1, LDHB, PGK1, RPL4, RPL8, RPL18, RPS9, RPS18, TFRC, YWHAZ) were tested using RT-qPCR...
- Association of FCGR2A/FCGR3A variant rs2099684 with Takayasu arteritis in the Han Chinese populationSi Chen
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Key Laboratory of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Ministry of Education, Beijing, China
Oncotarget . 2016..A recent genome-wide association study (GWAS) has revealed that the FCGR2A/FCGR3A, EEFSEC, RPS9/LILRB3, RIPPLY2 and MLX genes confer susceptibility to TA...
- Recovery of cDNAs encoding ribosomal proteins S9 and L26 from Aedes albopictus mosquito cells and identification of their homologs in the malaria vector, Anopheles gambiaeLei Li
Department of Entomology, University of Minnesota, St Paul, 55108, USA
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 60:44-53. 2005..The deduced mosquito RpS9 protein has a mass of 22,826 Da and a pI of 11.41, while RpL26 had a mass of 17,442 Da and a pI of 11.52...
- cDNA cloning and gene expression of ribosomal S9 protein gene in the mollusk Corbicula fluminea: a new potential biomarker of metal contamination up-regulated by cadmium and repressed by zincMaud Achard-Joris
Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie et d Ecotoxicologie des Systèmes Aquatiques LEESA, Universite Bordeaux I UMR CNRS 5805, Place du Dr Peyneau, 33120 Arcachon, France
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:527-33. 2006..One differentially expressed band was identified, and the entire cDNA sequence coding for the ribosomal protein S9 (rpS9) was cloned. The rpS9 gene expression was studied by real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction...
- Short-term effects of dietary trans fatty acids compared with saturated fatty acids on selected measures of inflammation, fatty acid profiles, and production in early lactating Holstein dairy cowsJason S Watts
Department of Animal and Veterinary Science, University of Idaho, Moscow 83844
J Dairy Sci 96:6932-43. 2013..PBMC were isolated for FA analysis and gene expression analysis by reverse transcription-PCR using bovine RPS9 as the endogenous control...
- [Binding of human ribosomal protein S16 with the 18S rRNA fragment 1203-1236/1521-1698]D D Ian'shina
Mol Biol (Mosk) 41:1023-30. 2007Human ribosomal protein (rp) S16 is a homologue of prokaryotic rpS9 that contacts the 16S rRNA region formed by helices H29, H30. H38-40, H41, H43 according to X-ray crystallography data on the 30S ribosomal subunit...
- The small-subunit processome is a ribosome assembly intermediateKara A Bernstein
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale School of Medicine, C114 SHM, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520 8024, USA
Eukaryot Cell 3:1619-26. 2004..characterize 12 additional protein components, including five small-ribosomal-subunit proteins (Rps4, Rps6, Rps7, Rps9, and Rps14) that had previously been copurified...
- Cis and trans factors involved in apicoplast targeting in Toxoplasma gondiiSunny C Yung
Division of Geographic Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Parasitol 89:767-76. 2003Ribosomal subunit protein 9 (rps9) is a nuclearly encoded protein that resides in the apicoplast organelle of Toxoplasma gondii...
- The flavonoid apigenin downregulates CDK1 by directly targeting ribosomal protein S9Yosuke Iizumi
Department of Molecular Targeting Cancer Prevention, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e73219. 2013..a novel method using magnetic FG beads to purify flavonoid-binding proteins, and identified ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) as a binding partner of the flavonoid apigenin...
- Korean Red Ginseng Up-regulates C21-Steroid Hormone Metabolism via Cyp11a1 Gene in Senescent Rat TestesIn Hye Kim
School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440 746, Korea
J Ginseng Res 35:272-82. 2011..Compared to the 2 month old young rats, 13 genes (Rps9, Cyp11a1, RT1-A2, LOC365778, Sv2b, RGD1565959, RGD1304748, etc...
- Immunochemical accessibility of ribosomal protein S4 in the 30 S ribosome. The interaction of S4 with S5 and S12D A Winkelmann
J Mol Biol 165:357-74. 1983..The effect of S5 and S12 on S4 accessibility is consistent with data from a variety of other approaches, suggesting that these proteins form a structural and functional domain in the small ribosomal subunit...
- Fluorescent protein tagging confirms the presence of ribosomal proteins at Drosophila polytene chromosomesKushal Nivriti Rugjee
University of Birmingham, School of Biosciences, UK
Peerj 1:e15. 2013..at transcription sites in Drosophila, we have generated several transgenic flies expressing RPs (RpS2, RpS5a, RpS9, RpS11, RpS13, RpS18, RpL8, RpL11, RpL32, and RpL36) tagged with either green or red fluorescent protein...
- Diverse forms of RPS9 splicing are part of an evolving autoregulatory circuitAlex M Plocik
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002620. 2012..we performed an experimental test and comparative analyses for autoregulation among distantly related animal RPS9 orthologs...
- Validation of reference genes for gene expression studies in Aphis glycines (Hemiptera: Aphididae)Raman Bansal
Department of Entomology, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, 1680 Madison Ave, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
J Econ Entomol 105:1432-8. 2012..flavoprotein subunit; EF1a, elongation factor-la; HEL, helicase; GAPDH, glyceraldehyde-3 phosphate dehydrogenase; RPS9, ribosomal protein S9; TBP, TATA-box binding protein; and UBQ, ubiquitin-conjugating protein) to determine the most ..
- Elucidation of motifs in ribosomal protein S9 that mediate its nucleolar localization and binding to NPM1/nucleophosminMikael S Lindström
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e52476. 2012..Human ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9), known in prokaryotes as RPS4, plays a critical role in ribosome biogenesis and directly binds to ribosomal RNA...
- Selection of stable reference genes in heat stressed peripheral blood mononuclear cells of tropically adapted Indian cattle and buffaloesAmit Kishore
National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources, Karnal, Haryana 132001, India
Mol Cell Probes 27:140-4. 2013..As the first report, we suggest B2M, RPS9 and RPS15a as suitable reference genes for accurate normalization of PBMC transcript data while the ACTB gene is ..
- Gene expression profiling in women with breast cancer in a Saudi populationSuad M Bin Amer
Department of Biological and Medical Research, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 29:507-13. 2008..To generate consensus gene expression profiles of invasive breast tumors from a small cohort of Saudi females, and to explore the possibility that they may be broadly conserved between Caucasian and Middle Eastern populations...
- Ribosomal protein S5 interacts with the internal ribosomal entry site of hepatitis C virusS Fukushi
Research and Development Center, BioMedical Laboratories, 1361 1 Matoba, Kawagoe, Saitama 350 1101, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:20824-6. 2001..b>RpS9 has a molecular mass of approximately 25 kDa in UV cross-linking experiments...
- RAR-beta(1) overexpression in chromophobe renal cell carcinoma: a novel target for therapeutic intervention?U Goelden
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, German Research Center for Biotechnology GBF, D38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Exp Oncol 27:220-4. 2005..As earlier studies have indicated that in RCC the RA receptor (RAR) beta might play a central role in RA signaling, we investigated the expression of the isoforms RAR-beta(1+2) in primary conventional and chromophobe RCC...
- Expression and functional influence of cellular retinoic acid-binding protein II in renal cell carcinomaUlrike Goelden
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, German Research Centre for Biotechnology, Braunschweig, Germany
Urol Int 75:269-76. 2005..As the exact mechanisms of RA action and especially the role of the cellular retinoic acid-binding proteins (CRABP) still remain unclear, we studied the expression of CRABP-II and its potential influence on RA response in RCC...
- Structural arrangement of the codon-anticodon interaction area in human placenta ribosomes. Affinity labelling of the 40S subunits by derivatives of oligoribonucleotides containing the AUG codonD A Mundus
Novosibirsk Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Sciences
Biochim Biophys Acta 1173:273-82. 1993..The proteins S5 and S9 were labelled by the 5' end derivative of pAUGU3, and the protein S17 was modified by the 5' end derivative of pAUG...
- High-resolution mapping of ribosomal protein genes to human chromosome 19N Kenmochi
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Nishihara, Okinawa, Japan
DNA Res 5:229-33. 1998..human disease, we compared map positions of the rp genes and disease loci on chromosome 19, which led us to find RPS9 gene in the same interval as the gene for retinitis pigmentosa 11...
- Modeling prognosis for patients with malignant astrocytic gliomas: quantifying the expression of multiple genetic markers and clinical variablesYi Hong Zhou
Department of Neurobiology and Developmental Sciences, Arkansas Cancer Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Neuro Oncol 7:485-94. 2005..reaction, we quantified the expression of four genes that were putative prognostic markers (CDK4, IGFBP2, MMP2, and RPS9) in a set of 43 AAs, 41 GBMs, and seven adjacent normal brain tissues...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the L5, L21, L27a, L28, S5, S9, S10 and S29 human ribosomal protein mRNAsJ M Frigerio
U 315 INSERM, Marseille, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1262:64-8. 1995..No correlation could however be made between the level of expression and the severity of the disease. Yet, abnormal patterns with additional larger transcripts were observed in some patients for rpL5, rpL28 and rpS10...
- Extensive gene duplications and a large inversion characterize the human leukocyte receptor clusterH Wende
Institut für Immungenetik, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Immunogenetics 51:703-13. 2000..Together with the gene for the ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9), which had previously been assigned to 19q13.4, the total number of LRC genes is now 44...
- Identification of genes responsive to BPDE treatment in HeLa cells using cDNA expression assaysZ Yu
Centre for Environmental Health and the Department of Biology, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Environ Mol Mutagen 36:201-5. 2000..These results suggest unknown functions or regulatory circuits for several of the responsive genes and demonstrate the complexity of cellular responses to genotoxic insults...
- Alterations in mRNA expression of ribosomal protein S9 in hydrogen peroxide-treated neurotumor cells and in rat hippocampus after transient ischemiaSeong Yun Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Neurochem Res 28:925-31. 2003..cDNA libraries were prepared from H2O2-treated and -untreated PC12 cells, and a ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) clone was isolated by a differential screening method...
- Centaurin-alpha 1 associates in vitro and in vivo with nucleolinThierry Dubois
Division of Biomedical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 301:502-8. 2003..This suggested that centaurin-alpha(1) was part of a ribonucleoprotein complex...
- Differential expression of genes coding for ribosomal proteins in different human tissuesS Bortoluzzi
Department of Biology CRIBI Biotechnology Centre, University of Padua, Via G Colombo 3, 35131 Italy
Bioinformatics 17:1152-7. 2001..To perform a computational and statistical study on a large set of gene expression data pertaining six adult human tissues (brain, liver, skeletal muscle, ovary, retina and uterus) for analyzing the expression of ribosomal protein genes...
- Identification of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR in the bovine mammary gland during the lactation cycleMassimo Bionaz
Mammalian NutriPhysio Genomics, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Physiol Genomics 29:312-9. 2007..We evaluated expression of nine genes (RPS9, ACTB, GAPD, GTP, ITGB4BP, MRPL39, RPS23, RPS15, and UXT) that could serve as internal controls in mammary tissue ..
- Housekeeping gene expression in bovine liver is affected by physiological state, feed intake, and dietary treatmentN A Janovick-Guretzky
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:2246-52. 2007..Initial analyses indicated that mRNA for ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) was one of the most stably expressed across different experiment types...
- Genome-wide polysomal analysis of a yeast strain with mutated ribosomal protein S9Lilach Pnueli
Faculty of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
BMC Genomics 8:285. 2007..Here we examined the effects of changing the C terminus of S9, which is rich in acidic amino acids and extends out of the ribosome surface...
- An unusual distribution of the niacin receptor in cattleE C Titgemeyer
Department of Animal Sciences and Industry, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:4962-7. 2011..The mRNA for GPR109A was more abundant in liver than in the other tissues sampled (GPR109A:RPS9 mRNA abundance = 0.56 in liver compared with 0.06 in longissimus muscle, 0.15 in kidney fat, 0.11 in back fat, 0...
- Effects of increased milking frequency for the first 21 days post partum on selected measures of mammary gland health, milk yield and milk compositionShannon L Shields
Department of Animal and Veterinary Science, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID 83844, USA
J Dairy Res 78:301-7. 2011..milk fat production including lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and FA-binding protein 3 (FABP3) with ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) as a house-keeping gene...
- Establishment of prognostic models for astrocytic and oligodendroglial brain tumors with standardized quantification of marker gene expression and clinical variablesYi Hong Zhou
Department of Neurological Surgery, The University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Biomark Insights 5:153-68. 2010..and/or prognosis functions in gliomas (ABCG2, BMI1, MELK, MSI1, PROM1, CDK4, EGFR, MMP2, VEGFA, PAX6, PTEN, RPS9, and IGFBP2)...
- Proteome-wide identification of WRN-interacting proteins in untreated and nuclease-treated samplesSophie Lachapelle
Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de l Université Laval, Hôpital Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Québec City, Québec, G1R 2J6, Canada
J Proteome Res 10:1216-27. 2011..Among the top 15 hits, we find the new interactors TMPO, HNRNPU, RPS3, RALY, RPS9 DDX21, and HNRNPM...
- Tagging of functional ribosomes in living cells by HaloTag® technologySimone Gallo
San Raffaele Scientific Institute DIBIT, Via Olgettina 58, 20132, Milan, Italy
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 47:132-8. 2011..Factor 6 free 60S ribosomal marker), RACK1 (Receptor for Activated C Kinase 1; 40S and polysomes, not nuclear), and rpS9 (40S ribosomes, both in the nucleus and in the cytoplasm)...
- Putative reference genes for gene expression studies in propionate and β-hydroxybutyrate treated bovine adipose tissue explantsA Hosseini
Physiology and Hygiene Unit, Institute for Animal Science, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 94:e178-84. 2010..gt; hippocalcin-like 1 (HPCAL1) > glyceraldehyde-phosphate-dehydrogenase (GAPDH) > ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) > RNA polymerase II (Pol II) > beta2 actin (ACTB) > 18S ribosomal RNA (18S rRNA)...
- Evolution of the sex-related locus and genomic features shared in microsporidia and fungiSoo Chan Lee
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10539. 2010..Recent phylogenetic studies and gene order analysis suggest that microsporidia share a particularly close evolutionary relationship with the zygomycetes...
- Identification of a hormone-regulated dynamic nuclear actin network associated with estrogen receptor alpha in human breast cancer cell nucleiConcetta Ambrosino
Department of General Pathology, Second University of Naples, 80138 Naples, Italy
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1352-67. 2010....
- Silencing of ribosomal protein S9 elicits a multitude of cellular responses inhibiting the growth of cancer cells subsequent to p53 activationMikael S Lindström
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 5:e9578. 2010..The effects of ribosomal protein loss in cultured mammalian cells have not been thoroughly investigated. Here we characterize the cellular stress response caused by depletion of ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9).
- Evaluation of real-time PCR endogenous control genes for analysis of gene expression in bovine endometriumCaroline G Walker
DairyNZ Ltd, Hamilton, New Zealand
BMC Mol Biol 10:100. 2009..Fifteen candidate endogenous control genes were assessed across different tissue subtypes in pregnant and cycling Holstein-Friesian dairy cows from two divergent genetic backgrounds...
- Heat stress abatement during the dry period influences prolactin signaling in lymphocytesB C do Amaral
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA 32611, United States
Domest Anim Endocrinol 38:38-45. 2010..HMBS), ATP synthase, H+ transporting mitochondrial F1 complex, beta subunit (ATP5B), and ribosomal protein S9 (RPS9) was analyzed by quantitative real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Gene expression profiling in the deep water horse mussel Modiolus modiolus (L.) located near a marine municipal wastewater outfallNik Veldhoen
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 93:116-24. 2009..Transcript levels for MDR, CYP4, rpS4, rpS9, and Ca(2+)-ATPase were not different between sites in the three tissues examined...
- Evaluation of candidate reference genes in Q-PCR studies of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) ontogeny, with emphasis on the gastrointestinal tractØystein Saele
National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research, Bergen, Norway
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 152:94-101. 2009..The ribosomal proteins RPL4 and RPS9 are also strong candidates. RPL37 may be used but only when normalizing qRT-PCR results from one type of tissue...