Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ROCK2
Description: Rho associated coiled-coil containing protein kinase 2
Alias: ROCK-II, rho-associated protein kinase 2, p164 ROCK-2, rho-associated, coiled-coil-containing protein kinase II
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- The myelin-associated glycoprotein inhibitor BENZ induces outgrowth and survival of rat dorsal root ganglion cell culturesMarcin Nowicki
University of Leipzig, Institute of Anatomy, Leipzig, Germany
J Neurosci Res 85:3053-63. 2007..Specifically, expression of inhibitors of neurite outgrowth, for example, Rock2 and PAK4, was repressed, but cofilin 1, a promoter of axonal growth, was induced...
- The microRNA miR-139 suppresses metastasis and progression of hepatocellular carcinoma by down-regulating Rho-kinase 2Carmen Chak Lui Wong
State Key Laboratory for Liver Research, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Gastroenterology 140:322-31. 2011..We investigated mechanisms of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) metastasis and identified an antimetastatic microRNA (miRNA), miR-139, that is down-regulated in human HCC samples...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C promotes cervical cancer metastasis via up-regulation and activation of RhoA/ROCK-2/moesin cascadeMian He
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangdong, Guangzhou, 510089, China
BMC Cancer 10:170. 2010..However, the direct impact of VEGF-C on cervical cancer cell motility remains largely unknown...
- Involvement of microtubules, p38, and Rho kinases pathway in 2-methoxyestradiol-induced lung vascular barrier dysfunctionNatalia V Bogatcheva
University of Chicago, Department of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L487-99. 2007..The fact that certain concentrations of 2ME induce endothelial hyperpermeability suggests that the issue of the maximum-tolerated dose of 2ME for cancer treatment should be addressed with caution...
- Autocrine motility factor receptor signaling pathway promotes cell invasion via activation of ROCK-2 in esophageal squamous cell cancer cellsLili Wang
Institute of Tumor Molecular Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Cancer Invest 28:993-1003. 2010..Additionally, an elevated invasion of ESCC cells by AMFR was reversed by rho-associated protein kinase 2 inhibitor Y-27632, suggesting that AMFR pathway promotes invasion of ESCC cells and may be a potential target for ESCC therapy...
- Testosterone promotes vascular endothelial cell migration via upregulation of ROCK-2/moesin cascadeWeiyong Liao
Department of Physiology, Guiling Medical College, Guiling City, 541004, Guangxi Province, China
Mol Biol Rep 40:6729-35. 2013..Our work adds new insights into endothelial mechanisms of T, which is relevant for its vascular actions. ..
- Role of transglutaminase II in retinoic acid-induced activation of RhoA-associated kinase-2U S Singh
Division of Molecular Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, The Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College of Medicine, 1901 South 1st Street, Temple, TX 76504, USA
EMBO J 20:2413-23. 2001..Biochemical effects of TGase activation, coupled with the formation of stress fibers and focal adhesion complexes, are proposed to have a significant role in cell differentiation...
- Rho kinase-2 activation in human endothelial cells drives lysophosphatidic acid-mediated expression of cell adhesion molecules via NF-kappaB p65Hideaki Shimada
Inflammation Research Unit, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12536-42. 2010..signal transduction downstream of LPA and to investigate the contributions of the Rho kinase isoforms ROCK1 and ROCK2 to adhesion molecule expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells...
- Notch1 is a p53 target gene involved in human keratinocyte tumor suppression through negative regulation of ROCK1/2 and MRCKalpha kinasesKarine Lefort
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges CH 1066, Switzerland
Genes Dev 21:562-77. 2007..Thus, the Notch1 gene is a p53 target with a role in human tumor suppression through negative regulation of Rho effectors...
- The small GTP-binding protein Rho binds to and activates a 160 kDa Ser/Thr protein kinase homologous to myotonic dystrophy kinaseT Ishizaki
Department of Pharmacology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
EMBO J 15:1885-93. 1996..When co-expressed with RhoA in COS cells, p160 was co-precipitated with the expressed Rho and its kinase activity was activated, indicating that p160 can associate physically and functionally with Rho both in vitro and in vivo...
- Phosphorylation of adducin by Rho-kinase plays a crucial role in cell motilityY Fukata
Division of Signal Transduction, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma 630 0101, Japan
J Cell Biol 145:347-61. 1999....
- Inhibitory phosphorylation site for Rho-associated kinase on smooth muscle myosin phosphataseJ Feng
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:37385-90. 1999..In summary, these results offer strong support for a physiological role of Rho-kinase in regulation of MP activity...
- Rho-kinase contributes to diphosphorylation of myosin II regulatory light chain in nonmuscle cellsKozue Ueda
Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, 739 8526, Japan
Oncogene 21:5852-60. 2002..Taken together, it is suggested that Rho-kinase contributes to MRLC diphosphorylation and reorganization of actin filaments in nonmuscle cells...
- Phosphorylation of the myosin phosphatase targeting subunit and CPI-17 during Ca2+ sensitization in rabbit smooth muscleToshio Kitazawa
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Physiol 546:879-89. 2003....
- Activation of RhoA and inhibition of myosin phosphatase as important components in hypertension in vascular smooth muscleTetsuya Seko
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Circ Res 92:411-8. 2003..These results suggest that independent of the cause of hypertension, a common point in downstream signaling and a critical component of hypertension is activation of RhoA and subsequent activation of Rho-kinase...
- Rocks: multifunctional kinases in cell behaviourKirsi Riento
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, 91 Riding House Street, London W1W 7BS, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4:446-56. 2003..Recent experiments have defined new functions of ROCKs in cells, including centrosome positioning and cell-size regulation, which might contribute to various physiological and pathological states...
- Molecular mechanism for the regulation of rho-kinase by dimerization and its inhibition by fasudilHiroto Yamaguchi
Structural Biology Laboratory, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Structure 14:589-600. 2006..Thus, both kinase and drug conformational pliability and stability confer selectivity...
- Nuclear Rho kinase, ROCK2, targets p300 acetyltransferaseToru Tanaka
Department of Medicine and Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15320-9. 2006..Here, we show that ROCK2 is localized in the nucleus and associates with p300 acetyltransferase both in vitro and in cells...
- Rho kinase polymorphism influences blood pressure and systemic vascular resistance in human twins: role of heredityTammy M Seasholtz
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Hypertension 47:937-47. 2006The Rho/Rho kinase (ROCK) pathway is implicated in experimental hypertension. We, therefore, explored the role of ROCK2 genetic variation in human blood pressure (BP) regulation, exploiting the advantages of a human twin sample to probe ..
- Interaction between ROCK II and nucleophosmin/B23 in the regulation of centrosome duplicationZhiyong Ma
Department of Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3125 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0521, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:9016-34. 2006..Here, we identified ROCK II kinase, an effector of Rho small GTPase, as a protein that localizes to centrosomes and physically interacts with ..
- Proteomic screen defines the Polo-box domain interactome and identifies Rock2 as a Plk1 substrateDrew M Lowery
Department of Biology, Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
EMBO J 26:2262-73. 2007..the Plk1-PBD with the cytokinesis effector kinase Rho-associated coiled-coil domain-containing protein kinase 2 (Rock2), demonstrate that Rock2 is a Plk1 substrate, and show that Rock2 colocalizes with Plk1 during cytokinesis...
- Rho/Rho-associated kinase-II signaling mediates disassembly of epithelial apical junctionsStanislav N Samarin
Epithelial Pathobiology Research Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:3429-39. 2007..Thus, our findings demonstrate a central role of the GEF-H1/Rho/ROCK-II signaling pathway in the disassembly of AJC in epithelial cells...
- Interactions among genetic variants from contractile pathway of vascular smooth muscle cell in essential hypertension susceptibility of Chinese Han populationQi Zhao
Department of Evidence Based Medicine and Division of Population Genetics, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:459-66. 2008..This study aimed to explore the individual and interactive effects of five genes from the contractile pathway of VSMC (KCNMB1, RGS2, PRKG, ROCK2, and MYLK) on the risk of essential hypertension.
- The expression and prognostic value of ROCK I and ROCK II and their role in human breast cancerJane Lane
Metastasis and Angiogenesis Research Group, University Department of Surgery, Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Int J Oncol 33:585-93. 2008..This, together with significant correlation between ROCKI and poor outcome in clinical breast cancer, indicates that it is a potential target in human breast cancer...
- ROCK isoform regulation of myosin phosphatase and contractility in vascular smooth muscle cellsYuepeng Wang
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Circ Res 104:531-40. 2009..Two ROCK isoforms, ROCK1 and ROCK2, are expressed in many tissues, yet the isoform-specific roles of ROCK1 and ROCK2 in vascular smooth muscle and ..
- Rho-kinase 2 is frequently overexpressed in hepatocellular carcinoma and involved in tumor invasionCarmen Chak Lui Wong
Department of Pathology, Liver Cancer and Hepatitis Research Laboratory, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Hepatology 49:1583-94. 2009..We first examined the expression of the two Rho-kinases (ROCK1 and ROCK2) in human HCC, and found that ROCK2 was frequently overexpressed in primary HCCs (22/41 [53.66%])...
- Distinct roles for ROCK1 and ROCK2 in the regulation of keratinocyte differentiationFrances E Lock
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e8190. 2009..The mammalian serine/threonine kinases (ROCK1 and ROCK2) are well-characterised downstream effectors of the small GTPase RhoA...
- Rho-kinase/ROCK: A key regulator of the cytoskeleton and cell polarityMutsuki Amano
Department of Cell Pharmacology, Nagoya University, Showa Ku, Japan
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 67:545-54. 2010..This review focuses on the structure, function, and modes of activation and action of Rho-kinase...
- ROCKII Ser1366 phosphorylation reflects the activation statusHsiang Hao Chuang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, No 155, Sec 2, Linong Street, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Biochem J 443:145-51. 2012..The present study provides a new approach for revealing the ROCKII activation status by probing ROCKII Ser1366 phosphorylation directly in cells or tissues...
- Direct cleavage of ROCK II by granzyme B induces target cell membrane blebbing in a caspase-independent mannerMichael Sebbagh
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM U461, IFR75, Faculte de Pharmacie, 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
J Exp Med 201:465-71. 2005..We show here that grB directly cleaves ROCK II, a ROCK family member encoded by a separate gene and closely related to ROCK I, and this causes constitutive ..
- Regulation of RhoA-dependent ROCKII activation by Shp2Hsiao Hui Lee
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Cell Biol 181:999-1012. 2008..Thus, reversible tyrosine phosphorylation confers an additional layer of control to fine-tune RhoA-dependent activation of ROCKII...
- A major haplotype block at the rho-associated kinase 2 locus is associated with a lower risk of hypertension in a recessive manner: the HYPGENE studyTuomo Rankinen
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Hypertens Res 31:1651-7. 2008The goals of our study were to evaluate the haplotype pattern at the Rho-associated kinase 2 (ROCK2) locus and prospectively test the association between the ROCK2 haplotype-tagging single-nucleotide polymorphisms (tagSNPs) with ..
- p80 ROKalpha binding protein is a novel splice variant of CRMP-1 which associates with CRMP-2 and modulates RhoA-induced neuronal morphologyThomas Leung
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Drive, 117609, Singapore
FEBS Lett 532:445-9. 2002..p80 CRMP-1 and CRMP-2 may be modulators of RhoA-dependent signaling, through interaction with and regulation of ROKalpha...
- [Role of Rho-Rock pathways induced by angiotensin II in hepatic stellate cell contraction]Xiao Lan Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2422-6. 2008..To investigate the mechanism of Ca(2+)-independent pathways mediated by Rho-kinase in contraction of hepatic stellate cells (HSCs) induced by angiotonin II (Ang II)...
- Testosterone regulates RhoA/Rho-kinase signaling in two distinct animal models of chemical diabetesLinda Vignozzi
Andrology Unit, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, Center for Research, Transfer and High Education DENOthe, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Sex Med 4:620-30; discussion 631-32. 2007..The contractile RhoA/Rho-kinase (ROCK) signaling pathway is upregulated in penile tissue in animal models of experimental diabetes and has been proposed to contribute to diabetes-related erectile dysfunction (ED)...
- cGMP-enhancing- and alpha1A/alpha1D-adrenoceptor blockade-derived inhibition of Rho-kinase by KMUP-1 provides optimal prostate relaxation and epithelial cell anti-proliferation efficacyChi Ming Liu
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Prostate 67:1397-410. 2007Soluble guanylyl cyclase (sGC)/cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP)/protein kinase G (PKG) and Rho kinase (ROCK2) pathways are important in the regulation of prostate smooth muscle tone...
- Molecular mechanisms regulating urogenital expression of nitric oxide synthase in spontaneously hypertensive ratsMakoto Yono
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Life Sci 85:334-8. 2009..Therefore, we identified differential gene expression profiles in SHRs to elucidate the molecular mechanisms regulating urogenital expression of NOS...
- ROCK2 is involved in accelerated fetal lung development induced by in vivo lung distensionMarc Cloutier
Unité de Recherche en Pédiatrie, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:966-76. 2010..OH was done by puncture of the amniotic sac. ROCK2 protein levels were assessed by Western blot and immunohistochemistry (IHC); lung development was assessed by ..
- Molecular profiling of isolated histological components of wilms tumor implicates a common role for the Wnt signaling pathway in kidney and tumor developmentMariana Maschietto
Laboratories of Genomics and Molecular Biology, Hospital A C Camargo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oncology 75:81-91. 2008..An overrepresentation of genes belonging to the Wnt signaling pathway was identified, namely PLCG2, ROCK2 and adenomatous polyposis coli (APC)...
- Substrate specificity and inhibitors of LRRK2, a protein kinase mutated in Parkinson's diseaseR Jeremy Nichols
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 424:47-60. 2009..Rho kinase) inhibitors such as Y-27632 and H-1152, suppressed LRRK2 with similar potency to which they inhibited ROCK2. In contrast, GSK429286A, a selective ROCK inhibitor, did not significantly inhibit LRRK2...
- Signaling mechanism of renal fibrosis in unilateral ureteral obstructive kidney disease in ROCK1 knockout micePing Fu
Department of Medicine Nephrology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:3105-14. 2006..It is interesting that mice that lacked ROCK1 did not have altered expression of ROCK2 but significantly increased TGF-beta expression and Smad2/3 activation (phosphorylation and nuclear translocation) ..
- Deficiency of the NHE1 gene prevents hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension and vascular remodelingLunyin Yu
Pulmonary and Critical Care Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Bulfinch 148, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 177:1276-84. 2008..However, a causal role for the NHE1 gene in pulmonary hypertension has not been determined...
- A method for measuring Rho kinase activity in tissues and cellsPing Yen Liu
Vascular Medicine Research Unit, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 439:181-9. 2008..ROCKs consist of two isoforms: ROCK1 and ROCK2. They share overall 65% homology in their amino acid sequence and 92% homology in their amino kinase domains...
- ROCK1 mediates leukocyte recruitment and neointima formation following vascular injuryKensuke Noma
Vascular Medicine Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1632-44. 2008..To address the role of ROCKs in this process, we generated haploinsufficient Rock1 (Rock1(+/-)) and Rock2 (Rock2(+/-)) mice and performed carotid artery ligations...
- Activation of Rho kinase isoforms in lung endothelial cells during inflammationPhyllus Y Mong
The Tumor Immunology Laboratory, Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immunol 182:2385-94. 2009Rho kinase (ROCK) is a downstream effector of Rho family GTPases, and two highly homologous isoforms, ROCK1 and ROCK2, are similarly inhibited by the widely used pharmacologic inhibitors...
- Decreased intraocular pressure in mice following either pharmacological or genetic inhibition of ROCKN Andrew Whitlock
Department of Ophthalmology, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, The Woodlands, TX 77381, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 25:187-94. 2009Goals of this study were to determine if pharmacological or genetic inhibition of Rho-associated coiled coil containing protein kinases (known as ROCK1 and ROCK2) alters intraocular pressure (IOP) in mice.
- Downregulation of the Rho GTPase signaling pathway is involved in the microRNA-138-mediated inhibition of cell migration and invasion in tongue squamous cell carcinomaLu Jiang
Center for Molecular Biology of Oral Diseases, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Cancer 127:505-12. 2010..TSCC cell migration and invasion by regulating 2 key genes in the Rho GTPase signaling pathway: RhoC and ROCK2. Direct targeting of miR-138 to specific sequences located in the 3'-untranslated regions of both RhoC and ROCK2 ..
- Association between the Thr431Asn polymorphism of the ROCK2 gene and risk of developing metastases of breast cancerMehmet E Kalender
Department of Medical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
Oncol Res 18:583-91. 2010The objective of this study was to analyze the genotype distributions and allele frequencies for ROCK2 Thr431Asn and Arg83Lys polymorphisms among breast cancer patients...
- Decreased perivascular fibrosis but not cardiac hypertrophy in ROCK1+/- haploinsufficient miceYoshiyuki Rikitake
Vascular Medicine Research Unit, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
Circulation 112:2959-65. 2005..inhibitors of ROCK are not entirely specific, nor can they discriminate between the ROCK isoforms ROCK1 and ROCK2. To determine the specific role of ROCK1 in the development of cardiac hypertrophy, we generated ROCK1(+/-) ..
- Targeted deletion of ROCK1 protects the heart against pressure overload by inhibiting reactive fibrosisYing Min Zhang
The Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University, School of Medicine, R4 building, Rm 370, 1044 West Walnut St, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5225, USA
FASEB J 20:916-25. 2006..The Rho kinase family, consisting of ROCK1 and ROCK2, has been implicated in cardiac hypertrophy and ventricular remodeling...
- Selective glucocorticoid control of Rho kinase isoforms regulate cell-cell interactionsNicola M Rubenstein
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The Cancer Research Laboratory, University of California at Berkeley, 591 LSA, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:603-7. 2007The two Rho kinase isoforms ROCK1 and ROCK2 are downstream effectors of the small GTPase RhoA, although relatively little is known about potential isoform specific functions or the selective control of their cellular activities...
- Rho GTPase/Rho kinase inhibition as a novel target for the treatment of glaucomaVasantha P Rao
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
BioDrugs 21:167-77. 2007Rho kinase (ROCK1 and ROCK2) is a serine/threonine kinase that serves as an important downstream effector of Rho GTPase, and plays a critical role in regulating the contractile tone of smooth muscle tissues in a calcium-independent ..
- Rho kinase (ROCK) inhibitorsJames K Liao
The Vascular Medicine Research Unit, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Cambridge 02139 and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:17-24. 2007The Rho kinase (ROCK) isoforms, ROCK1 and ROCK2, were initially discovered as downstream targets of the small GTP-binding protein Rho...
- Atorvastatin but not elocalcitol increases sildenafil responsiveness in spontaneously hypertensive rats by regulating the RhoA/ROCK pathwayBenedetta Fibbi
Andrology Unit, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, V le G Pieraccini, 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
J Androl 29:70-84. 2008..with atorvastatin (5 and 30 mg/kg) improved the sildenafil-induced ICP:MAP increase and normalized RhoA and ROCK2 overexpression in SHR corpora cavernosa (CC)...
- Fasudil-induced hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha degradation disrupts a hypoxia-driven vascular endothelial growth factor autocrine mechanism in endothelial cellsKeiko Takata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1551-61. 2008..Under hypoxic conditions, HUVECs transfected with small interfering RNA of RhoA and ROCK2 exhibited decreased levels of HIF-1alpha protein compared with nontargeted small interfering RNA transfectants, ..
- A critical role of Rho-kinase ROCK2 in the regulation of spine and synaptic functionZikai Zhou
Neurosciences and Mental Health, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Neuropharmacology 56:81-9. 2009..We took genetic approaches to create and analyze knockout mice specifically lacking ROCK2, a protein kinase that directly interacts with and is activated by the Rho GTPases, the central mediator of actin ..
- Comparative gene expression profiling in three primary human cell lines after treatment with a novel inhibitor of Rho kinase or atorvastatinMarjan Boerma
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 19:709-18. 2008..Studies to date have used compounds that inhibit both isoforms of ROCK, ROCK1 and ROCK2. This study was designed to compare gene expression profiles of atorvastatin with the newly developed ROCK2 ..
- [Effect of angiotensin II on Rho-Rock pathway in rat hepatic stellate cell contraction]Xiao Lan Zhang
Department of Digestive Diseases, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:968-71. 2008..To investigate the mechanisms of angiotonin II (AngII)-induced Ca(2+)-independent pathways mediated by Rho kinase in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs)...
- [Effect of angiotensin1-7 on alpha-smooth muscle actin protein expression in rat hepatic stellate cells]Song song Ying
Department of Digestive Diseases, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:732-3. 2009..To investigate the effect of angiotensin II and angiotensin1-7 on alpha-smooth muscle actin (alpha-SMA)-induced Ca(2+)-independent pathways mediated by Rho kinase2 in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs)...
- Protein expression plasmids produced rapidly: streamlining cloning protocols and robotic handlingMaria Kornienko
Department of Structural Biology, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 3:661-74. 2005..Exemplary data are presented for discovery of a form of the Rho-kinase that crystallizes (ROCK2).
- Telomere shortening in neural stem cells disrupts neuronal differentiation and neuritogenesisSacri R Ferron
Departamento de Biología Celular and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red en Enfermedades Neurodegerativas, Universidad de Valencia, 46100 Burjassot, Spain
J Neurosci 29:14394-407. 2009..linked to its cooperation with the Notch pathway in the upregulation of small GTPase RhoA kinases, Rock1 and Rock2, suggesting a potential link between DNA damage and the Notch signaling pathway in the control of neuritogenesis...
- 'Crommelin-type' symmetrical tetramelic reduction deformity: a new case and breakpoint mapping of a reported case with de-novo t(2;12)(p25.1;q23.3)Louise Harewood
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetic and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Clin Dysmorphol 19:5-13. 2010..1;q23.3). The 2p25.1 breakpoint disrupted ROCK2, encoding Rho-associated, coiled-coil-containing protein kinase. The 12q23...
- Fasudil attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in mice through the Rho/Rho kinase pathwayYan Li
Department of Pathophysiology, Institute of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510080, China
Med Sci Monit 16:BR112-118. 2010..The aims were to investigate protection by fasudil in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced ALI and the role of ROCK2 in neutrophil transendothelial migration in a murine model.
- Functional role of Rho-kinase in ameloblast differentiationKeishi Otsu
The Advanced Oral Health Science Research Center, Iwate Medical University, Iwate, Japan
J Cell Physiol 226:2527-34. 2011..Moreover, inhibition of ROCK promoted cell proliferation. Small interfering RNA specific for ROCK1 and ROCK2 demonstrated that the ROCK isoforms performed complementary functions in the regulation of actin organization and ..
- Peptide substrates for Rho-associated kinase 2 (Rho-kinase 2/ROCK2)Jeong Hun Kang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Osaka, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e22699. 2011..The purpose of this study was to find substrates with high affinity and sensitivity for ROCK2. We synthesized 136 peptide substrates from protein substrates for ROCK2 with different lengths and charged ..
- Fragment-based and structure-guided discovery and optimization of Rho kinase inhibitorsRongshi Li
Department of Drug Discovery, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Med Chem 55:2474-8. 2012..Compound 18 was equipotent for ROCK1 (IC(50) = 650 nM) and ROCK2 (IC(50) = 670 nM), whereas compound 24 was more selective for ROCK2 (IC(50) = 100 nM) over ROCK1 (IC(50) = 1690 nM)..
- Microarray-based copy number analysis of neurofibromatosis type-1 (NF1)-associated malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors reveals a role for Rho-GTPase pathway genes in NF1 tumorigenesisMeena Upadhyaya
Institute of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Hum Mutat 33:763-76. 2012..In knockdown experiments employing short-hairpin RAC1, ROCK2, PTK2, and LIMK1 RNAs to transfect both control and MPNST-derived cell lines, cell adhesion was significantly ..
- Rho-associated coiled-coil-containing kinase 2 deficiency in bone marrow-derived cells leads to increased cholesterol efflux and decreased atherosclerosisQian Zhou
Vascular Medicine Research Unit, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 126:2236-47. 2012..The Rho-associated coiled-coil-containing kinases (ROCK1 and ROCK2) are serine-threonine protein kinases that are involved in the regulation of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Tubulin polymerization promoting protein 1 (TPPP1) increases β-catenin expression through inhibition of HDAC6 activity in U2OS osteosarcoma cellsAlice V Schofield
Cytoskeleton and Cancer Unit, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:571-7. 2013The Rho-associated coiled-coil kinase (ROCK) family of proteins, including ROCK1 and ROCK2, are key regulators of actin and intermediate filament morphology...
- Investigation of the esophageal Rho-kinase expression in patients with Barrett's esophagusSeniz Demiryurek
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
Ultrastruct Pathol 37:284-9. 2013..The authors have evaluated the role of Rho-kinase (ROCK1 and ROCK2) expressions in patients with BE...
- Kamolonol suppresses angiotensin II-induced stress fiber formation and cellular hypertrophy through inhibition of Rho-associated kinase 2 activityMun Sun Kim
Research Center for Drug Discovery Technology, Korea Research Institute of Chemical Technology, Daejeon 305 343, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 438:318-23. 2013..Rho-associated kinase 2 (ROCK2) studies using a time-resolved fluorescence resonance energy transfer (TR-FRET) showed that kamolonol possesses a ..
- Rho-associated kinase activity is required for proper morphogenesis of the inner cell mass in the mouse blastocystArlene May A Laeno
Institute for Biogenesis Research, Department of Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
Biol Reprod 89:122. 2013..Rock1 and Rock2 knockdown via RNA interference in mESC also induced spreading, supporting the conclusion that morphological ..
- Pravastatin improves the impaired nitric oxide-mediated neurogenic and endothelium-dependent relaxation of corpus cavernosum in aged ratsSelvinaz Dalaklioglu
Department of Pharmacology and
Aging Male 17:259-66. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of pravastatin treatment on diminished corpus cavernosum (CC) function associated with aging...
- ROCK1 translocates from non-caveolar to caveolar regions upon KCl stimulation in airway smooth muscleB Sommer
Department of Bronchial Hyperreactivity Research, National Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Mexico City, Mexico
Physiol Res 63:179-87. 2014..ROCK isoforms are characterized as ROCK1 and ROCK2. Because ROCK1 seems the most abundant isotype in lung, we studied its participation in KCl stimulated bovine ASM...
- The role of Rho-kinases in IL-1β release through phagocytosis of fibrous particles in human monocytesSanae Kanno
Department of Legal Medicine, St Marianna University School of Medicine, 2 16 1 Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki, 216 8511, Japan
Arch Toxicol 89:73-85. 2015..siRNA designed for knockdown of both ROCK1 and ROCK2 suppressed MWCNT- and asbestos-induced IL-1β secretion, but did not change LPS-induced IL-1β secretion...
- Upregulation of Gem relates to retinal ganglion cells apoptosis after optic nerve crush in adult ratsFan Xu
Department of Ophthalmology, People s Hospital of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Nanning, 530021, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
J Mol Histol 45:565-71. 2014..Finally, expression pattern of ROCK family (only ROCK2 but not ROCK1) was increased in the differentiated process, which was collected with the expression of GEM and ..
- Androgen-regulated microRNA-135a decreases prostate cancer cell migration and invasion through downregulating ROCK1 and ROCK2A Kroiss
Universite de Lyon, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon IGFL, Lyon, France
Oncogene 34:2846-55. 2015..migration and invasion assays, we demonstrated that this effect is mediated through downregulating ROCK1 and ROCK2 expression, two genes that we characterized as miR-135a direct target genes...
- The Rho kinases: critical mediators of multiple profibrotic processes and rational targets for new therapies for pulmonary fibrosisRachel S Knipe
Pulmonary and Critical Care Unit and Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts R S K, A M T and Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois J K L
Pharmacol Rev 67:103-17. 2015..by the Rho-associated coiled-coil forming protein kinase (ROCK) family of serine/threonine kinases (ROCK1 and ROCK2)...
- Systemic delivery of microRNA-101 potently inhibits hepatocellular carcinoma in vivo by repressing multiple targetsFang Zheng
The State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Guangzhou, China Medical Research Center, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Guangzhou, China
PLoS Genet 11:e1004873. 2015..of miR-101 in HCC cells not only decreased EZH2, COX2 and STMN1, but also directly down-regulated a novel target ROCK2, inhibited Rho/Rac GTPase activation, and blocked HCC cells epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and ..
- IL-1β enhances vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration via P2Y2 receptor-mediated RAGE expression and HMGB1 releaseSo Young Eun
Department of Pharmacology, School Medicine, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 290, Republic of Korea
Vascul Pharmacol 72:108-17. 2015..The ERK, AKT, PKC, Rac-1 and ROCK2 pathways were involved in UTP-induced cell proliferation and migration, MMP-2 and HMGB1 secretion and RAGE ..
- Inverse relationship of Rho kinase and myosin-light chain kinase expression in the aging human detrusor smooth muscleTimo Kirschstein
Oscar Langendorff Institute of Physiology, University of Rostock, Gertrudenstrasse 9, 18057, Rostock, Germany
BMC Urol 15:104. 2015..Here, we have analyzed the transcriptional expression of Rho kinase isoforms (ROCK1 and ROCK2) as well as MLCK in the aging human detrusor smooth muscle obtained from resected tissue.
- Novel Insights into the Roles of Rho Kinase in CancerLei Wei
Riley Heart Research Center, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University, School of Medicine, R4 building, Room 332, 1044 West Walnut Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46202 5225, USA
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 64:259-78. 2016..The ROCK family, consisting of ROCK1 and ROCK2, plays a central role in the organization of the actin cytoskeleton, and is involved in a wide range of ..
- Polymorphisms and haplotype of ROCK2 associate with high altitude essential hypertension in native high altitude Ladakhi Indian population: a preliminary studyPriyanka Pandey
a CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, India
Clin Exp Hypertens 38:238-44. 2016..e. the disease has genetic component. Rho-associated coiled-coil containing protein kinase 2 (ROCK2) is a stress-activated serine-threonine kinase known to disturb vascular-homeostasis leading to an increase in ..
- Nogo-66 Restricts Synaptic Strengthening via Lingo1 and the ROCK2-Cofilin Pathway to Control Actin DynamicsCristina Iobbi
Zoological Institute, Division of Cellular Neurobiology, TU Braunschweig, 38106, Braunschweig, Germany
Cereb Cortex . 2016..Finally, our results indicate that Nogo-66 signaling limits LTP via the ROCK2-Cofilin pathway to control the dynamics of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Rho-associated protein kinase 1 (ROCK1) is increased in Alzheimer's disease and ROCK1 depletion reduces amyloid-β levels in brainBenjamin W Henderson
Center for Neurodegeneration and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Neurochem 138:525-31. 2016..Pharmacologic inhibition of the Rho-associated protein kinases (ROCK1 and ROCK2) is proposed to curb Aβ levels, and mechanisms that underlie ROCK2's effects on Aβ production are defined...
- Panax notoginseng saponins provide neuroprotection by regulating NgR1/RhoA/ROCK2 pathway expression, in vitro and in vivoXiaowei Shi
Key Laboratory of Chinese Internal Medicine of Educational Ministry and Beijing, Dongzhimen Hospital, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
J Ethnopharmacol 190:301-12. 2016..H. Chen (Araliaceae), which has been extensively used in treating coronary heart disease, ischemic cerebrovascular disease and hemorrhagic disorders in China over hundreds of years...
- Activation of LILRB2 signal pathway in temporal lobe epilepsy patients and in a pilocarpine induced epilepsy modelJiong Yue
Department of Neurosurgery, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Exp Neurol 285:51-60. 2016..In addition, protein levels of POSH, SHROOM3, ROCK1 and ROCK2, the important downstream factors of the LILRB2 pathway, were significantly increased in the epileptic foci of TLE ..
- A FRET Biosensor for ROCK Based on a Consensus Substrate Sequence Identified by KISS TechnologyChunjie Li
Laboratory of Bioimaging and Cell Signaling, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University
Cell Struct Funct 42:1-13. 2017..show that a substantial part of the basal FRET signal of Eevee-ROCK was derived from the activities of ROCK1 and ROCK2. Eevee-ROCK readily detected ROCK activation by epidermal growth factor, lysophosphatidic acid, and serum...
- ROCK1 but not ROCK2 contributes to RhoA signaling and NMIIA-mediated contractility at the epithelial zonula adherensRashmi Priya
Division of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 28:12-20. 2017Rho kinases (ROCK1 and ROCK2) function downstream of the small GTPase RhoA to drive actomyosin cytoskeletal remodeling...
- Identification of genes responsible for cell migration by a library of randomized ribozymesEigo Suyama
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan
Cancer Res 63:119-24. 2003..Among such ribozymes, we found two ribozymes that targeted and cleaved ROCK1 mRNA at independent sites. ROCK1 and ROCK2 are Rho kinases, and it has been demonstrated that they regulate the organization of the actin cytoskeleton and ..
- Identification and characterization of RHOA-interacting proteins in bovine spermatozoaSarah E Fiedler
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Sciences University and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Biol Reprod 78:184-92. 2008..GNA13, RHOA, ROCK2, LIMK2, and cofilin were all detected by Western blot in bovine caudal sperm...
- Rock2 controls TGFbeta signaling and inhibits mesoderm induction in zebrafish embryosYu Zhang
Protein Science Laboratory of Ministry of Education, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Cell Sci 122:2197-207. 2009The Rho-associated serine/threonine kinases Rock1 and Rock2 play important roles in cell contraction, adhesion, migration, proliferation and apoptosis...
- Sex-dependent differences in Rho activation contribute to contractile dysfunction in type 2 diabetic miceDaniel W Nuno
Department of Veterans Affairs Iowa City Health Care System, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H1469-77. 2009..and rho kinase in diabetic mice was not due to a change in protein expression of rhoA or rho kinase (ROCK1 and ROCK2) in vessels from either males or females...
- Rho kinase II phosphorylation of the lipoprotein receptor LR11/SORLA alters amyloid-beta productionJeremy H Herskowitz
Department of Neurology, The Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 286:6117-27. 2011..LR11 and ROCK2 co-immunoprecipitate from post-mortem human brain tissue and drug inhibition of ROCK activity reduces LR11 ..
- Increased contractility of hepatic stellate cells in cirrhosis is mediated by enhanced Ca2+-dependent and Ca2+-sensitization pathwaysMasateru Iizuka
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 300:G1010-21. 2011..of not only α-smooth muscle actin, but also the contractile regulatory proteins MLC kinase (MLCK), Rho kinase 2 (ROCK2), and CPI-17 during HSC activation in vitro...
- Constriction of retinal arterioles to endothelin-1: requisite role of rho kinase independent of protein kinase C and L-type calcium channelsLuke B Potts
Department of Systems Biology and Translational Medicine, College of Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Temple, Texas, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:2904-12. 2012....
- Novel mechanism for negatively regulating Rho-kinase (ROCK) signaling through Coronin1B protein in neuregulin 1 (NRG-1)-induced tumor cell motilityManish K Rana
Department of Pharmacology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70119, USA
J Biol Chem 287:21836-45. 2012..We initially identified Coronin1A in a proteomics screen for ROCK2-binding proteins, and here we demonstrate that Coronin1A/B bind directly to ROCK2 through its PH (Pleckstrin ..
- ROCK1 & 2 perform overlapping and unique roles in angiogenesis and angiosarcoma tumor progressionJ Montalvo
Ghosh Science and Technology Center, Department of Biology, Worcester State University, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Mol Med 13:205-19. 2013..to alterations in cytoskeletal dynamics due to ROCK1 & 2-mediated reductions in actin isoform expression, and ROCK2-specific reduction in myosin phosphatase and cofilin phosphorylation...
- ROCK1 and ROCK2 are required for non-small cell lung cancer anchorage-independent growth and invasionDominico Vigil
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Cancer Res 72:5338-47. 2012Evidence is emerging that the closely related ROCK1 and ROCK2 serine/threonine kinases support the invasive and metastatic growth of a spectrum of human cancer types. Therefore, inhibitors of ROCK are under preclinical development...
- Targeting rho associated kinases in leukemia and myeloproliferative neoplasmsRaghuveer Singh Mali
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis
Oncotarget 3:909-10. 2012If ROCKs are going to be targeted as anti-leukemic agents either as a monotherapy or in combination with existing drugs, a better characterization of the relative contribution of ROCK1 and ROCK2 in disease progression is essential.
- Distinct roles for ROCK1 and ROCK2 in the regulation of cell detachmentJianjian Shi
Riley Heart Research Center, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cell Death Dis 4:e483. 2013This study, using mouse embryonic fibroblast (MEF) cells derived from ROCK1(-/-) and ROCK2(-/-) mice, is designed to dissect roles for ROCK1 and ROCK2 in regulating actin cytoskeleton reorganization induced by doxorubicin, a ..
- Rho Kinase and Airway HyperresponsivenessStephanie A Shore; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two ROCK isoforms exist, ROCK1 and ROCK2, that are differentially expressed, may be differentially regulated, and differ in some of the substrates they ..
- ROCK inhibitor suppression of GVHD with retention of GVL responseSujatha Iyengar; Fiscal Year: 2012..The third, SLx2119 is ROCK2 specific, and has just passed Phase 1 clinical trials on the path to development as an anti-cancer drug...
- JAMES KUANG JAN LIAO; Fiscal Year: 2014..Two distinct ROCK isoforms, ROCK1 and ROCK2, have been identified, however, their role in energy metabolism and obesity are not known...
- Investigating the RhoA/ROCK pathway for the treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseJEREMY HARTFORD HERSKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..downstream effectors of RhoA are the Rho-associated coiled-coil containing protein kinases (ROCK), ROCK1 and ROCK2. Active RhoA promotes antagonistic effects on synaptic plasticity, and extracellular A[unreadable] induces RhoA ..
- JAMES KUANG JAN LIAO; Fiscal Year: 2014..The Rho/Rho-associated coiled-coil forming kinases (ROCK1 and ROCK2) are important regulators of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Qing Mei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..effects on other signaling pathways, and cannot distinguish the effects of the two ROCK isoforms, ROCK1 and ROCK2. Thus, a genetic approach using mutant mice with conditional deletion of ROCK isoforms offers the best strategy ..
- Lei Wei; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, the two members of the ROCK family, ROCK1 and ROCK2, are inhibited by ROCK inhibitors with equal potency, and little is known about ROCK isoform functions in vivo...
- JAMES KUANG JAN LIAO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Preliminary studies suggest that phosphorylation of the translational elongation factor-1[unreadable] (eEF1A) by ROCK2 leads to decreased eNOS mRNA stability and expression...
- Alessandra B Pernis; Fiscal Year: 2016..inhibits RhoA- induced pathways, we have recently observed that the absence of Def6 also leads to increased ROCK2 activity...
- Zhenheng Guo; Fiscal Year: 2015..Moreover, our preliminary study implicates rho kinase, ROCK2, links BMAL1 to contraction...
- Inhibition of ROCK to reverse T cell dysfunction in SLEJane E Salmon; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent studies have recently demonstrated that T cells from lupus-prone mice exhibit increased activation of ROCK2 and that inhibiting this kinase can be effective in ameliorating disease in two distinct murine models of lupus ..
- The role of VEGF-stimulated Rhoa/ROCK2 signaling in blood vessel formation.BRAD ALLEN BRYAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and, in part, by its activation of a protein called ROCK2 which is expressed in cells lining the walls of blood vessels (endothelial cells [ECs]);however, the specific ..
- Mechanisms of adhesion and growth control in stem cellsReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed studies will provide unique insights into the physiologic significance of the in vivo interactions between class IA PI3K and phosphatases in regulating growth and survival in SC/Ps. ..
- p53-mediated control of numeral integrity of centrosomesKenji Fukasawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, targeted inhibition of centrosome duplication will not only block cell division, but also suppress chromosome instability. ..
- Mechanisms of adhesion and growth control in stem cellsReuben Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposed studies will provide unique insights into the physiologic significance of the in vivo interactions between class IA PI3K, PTEN and ROCK1 in regulating growth and survival in SC/Ps. ..
- G PROTEIN MEDIATED CA++ SENSITIZATION IN SMOOTH MUSCLEToshio Kitazawa; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HERITAGE FAMILY STUDY, PHASE 4Tuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial Akt in Vascular InjuryJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2009..Three specific aims are proposed, which will study the role of endothelial Akt in models of vascular injury and atherosclerosis. ..
- Role of PI3-Kinase in Estrogen-induced eNOS ActivationJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results may explain some of the actions of selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) and provide a therapeutic basis for using estrogens in cardiovascular disease. ..
- Activation of eNOS by Steroid HormonesJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Function of Nucleophosmin/B23 in Centrosome DuplicationKenji Fukasawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, blocking the centrosome duplication process results in suppression of chromosome instability as well as cell division. ..
- Role of Rho Kinase in Aqueous Humor Outflow PathwayP Rao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identification of specific signaling mechanisms regulating function of outflow pathway tissues could enable the design of target-specific approaches to the treatment of glaucoma. ..
- HYPGENE-GENETICS FITNESS OBESITY & RISK OF HYPERTENSIONTuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data could ultimately lead to more efficient use of physical activity and body weight control in the primary and secondary prevention of hypertension. ..
- Mechanism of Ca2+ Sensitization in Smooth MuscleToshio Kitazawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..