Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ROBO1
Description: roundabout guidance receptor 1
Alias: DUTT1, SAX3, roundabout homolog 1, deleted in U twenty twenty, roundabout, axon guidance receptor, homolog 1
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Extracellular Ig domains 1 and 2 of Robo are important for ligand (Slit) bindingZhe Liu
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Guy s Hospital Campus, Kings College, London SE1 1UL, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 26:232-40. 2004..We have recently demonstrated that members of the Robo family (Robo1 and Robo2) interact homophilically and heterophilically, thereby functioning to promote neurite outgrowth...
- Roundabout controls axon crossing of the CNS midline and defines a novel subfamily of evolutionarily conserved guidance receptorsT Kidd
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Cell 92:205-15. 1998..Transgenic rescue experiments reveal that Robo can function in a cell-autonomous fashion. Robo appears to function as the gatekeeper controlling midline crossing...
- Homozygous deletions at 3p12 in breast and lung cancerV Sundaresan
Medical Research Council Centre, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Oncogene 17:1723-9. 1998..Adjacent to one of these islands, we have identified and cloned a new gene (DUTT1) and used probes from this gene to detect two other homozygous deletions occurring in lung and breast carcinomas: ..
- Slit proteins bind Robo receptors and have an evolutionarily conserved role in repulsive axon guidanceK Brose
Department of Anatomy, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Cell 96:795-806. 1999..These results support the hypothesis that Slit proteins have an evolutionarily conserved role in axon guidance as repulsive ligands for Robo receptors...
- The mouse SLIT family: secreted ligands for ROBO expressed in patterns that suggest a role in morphogenesis and axon guidanceW Yuan
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri, 63110, USA
Dev Biol 212:290-306. 1999..We demonstrate that the mouse SLIT1 protein can bind ROBO1, a transmembrane receptor implicated in axon guidance...
- Repulsive axon guidance: Abelson and Enabled play opposing roles downstream of the roundabout receptorG J Bashaw
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Cell 101:703-15. 2000..A mutant form of Robo that interferes with Ena binding is partially impaired in Robo function, while a mutation in a conserved cytoplasmic tyrosine that can be phosphorylated by Abl generates a hyperactive Robo receptor...
- Signal transduction in neuronal migration: roles of GTPase activating proteins and the small GTPase Cdc42 in the Slit-Robo pathwayK Wong
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell 107:209-21. 2001..Two of the Slit-Robo GAPs (srGAPs) are expressed in regions responsive to Slit. Slit increased srGAP1-Robo1 interaction and inactivated Cdc42...
- Tumour specific promoter region methylation of the human homologue of the Drosophila Roundabout gene DUTT1 (ROBO1) in human cancersAshraf Dallol
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Birmingham, The Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Oncogene 21:3020-8. 2002The human homologue of the Drosophila Roundabout gene DUTT1 (Deleted in U Twenty Twenty) or ROBO1 (Locus Link ID 6091), a member of the NCAM family of receptors, was recently cloned from the lung cancer tumour suppressor gene region 2 (..
- Quantification of expression of netrins, slits and their receptors in human prostate tumorsAlain Latil
UroGene, Genopole, Evry Cedex, France
Int J Cancer 103:306-15. 2003..The relative expression levels of DCC, NEO1, NTN1, NTN2L, NTN4, UNC5C, Slit1, Slit2, Slit3, Robo1 and Robo2 were simultaneous quantified in 48 tumors and 7 normal prostate tissues by using real-time quantitative ..
- Induction of tumor angiogenesis by Slit-Robo signaling and inhibition of cancer growth by blocking Robo activityBiao Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 200031, Shanghai, China
Cancer Cell 4:19-29. 2003..Here we show Slit2 expression in a large number of solid tumors and Robo1 expression in vascular endothelial cells...
- Robo1/Robo4: differential expression of angiogenic markers in colorectal cancerJörn Gröne
Department of Surgery, Charite Medical School Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Oncol Rep 15:1437-43. 2006..differential expression by means of microarray analysis and real-time PCR and to analyze the in situ expression of Robo1 and Robo4 in colorectal cancer...
- Identification of ROBO1 as a novel hepatocellular carcinoma antigen and a potential therapeutic and diagnostic targetHirotaka Ito
Genome Science Division, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:3257-64. 2006..The present study was done to identify new transmembrane molecules for antibody therapy in hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Structural insights into the Slit-Robo complexCecile Morlot
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, BP 181, 38042 Grenoble, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14923-8. 2007..crystal structures of the second LRR domain of human Slit2 (Slit2 D2), the first two Ig domains of its receptor Robo1 (Ig1-2), and the minimal complex between these proteins (Slit2 D2-Robo1 Ig1)...
- Genetic analyses of roundabout (ROBO) axon guidance receptors in autismA Anitha
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1019-27. 2008..We further compared the mRNA expressions of ROBO1, ROBO2, ROBO3, and ROBO4 in the lymphocytes of 19 drug-naïve autistic patients and 20 age- and sex-matched ..
- SLITs suppress tumor growth in vivo by silencing Sdf1/Cxcr4 within breast epitheliumRebecca Marlow
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Cancer Res 68:7819-27. 2008..Here, we show that loss of Slits, or their Robo1 receptor, in murine mammary gland or human breast carcinoma cells results in coordinate up-regulation of the Sdf1 ..
- Active involvement of Robo1 and Robo4 in filopodia formation and endothelial cell motility mediated via WASP and other actin nucleation-promoting factorsHelen Sheldon
Molecular Angiogenesis Group, Cancer Research UK, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
FASEB J 23:513-22. 2009This study aimed to further elucidate the function of Roundabout proteins in endothelium. We show that both Robo1 and Robo4 are present in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) and have knocked expression down using small ..
- Alterations of ROBO1/DUTT1 and ROBO2 loci in early dysplastic lesions of head and neck: clinical and prognostic implicationsSusmita Ghosh
Department of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata, 700026, India
Hum Genet 125:189-98. 2009..This region harbors two candidate tumor suppressors ROBO1/DUTT1, ROBO2 and two non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) located at intron 2 of ROBO1/DUTT1...
- Midline crossing and Slit responsiveness of commissural axons require USP33Junichi Yuasa-Kawada
Department of Neurology, Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Center for Genetic Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nat Neurosci 12:1087-9. 2009..We found that the deubiquitinating enzyme USP33 interacts with the Robo1 receptor. USP33 was essential for midline crossing by commissural axons and for their response to Slit...
- Deubiquitinating enzyme USP33/VDU1 is required for Slit signaling in inhibiting breast cancer cell migrationJunichi Yuasa-Kawada
Department of Neurology, Lurie Cancer Center, Center for Genetic Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14530-5. 2009..identified as a von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor (VHL) protein-interacting deubiquitinating enzyme, binds to the Robo1 receptor, and that USP33 is required for Slit responsiveness in breast cancer cells...
- SLIT2 attenuation during lung cancer progression deregulates beta-catenin and E-cadherin and associates with poor prognosisRuo Chia Tseng
Institute of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cancer Res 70:543-51. 2010..In this study, we examined alterations in the structure or expression of SLIT2, its receptor ROBO1, and beta-catenin, along with the AKT/glycogen synthase kinase 3beta (GSK3beta)/beta-transducin repeat-containing ..
- Effect of Robo1 on retinal pigment epithelial cells and experimental proliferative vitreoretinopathyLvzhen Huang
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3193-204. 2010..This study was conducted to determine whether Robo1 is expressed in the retina of patients with proliferative retinal disease and whether it has a pathobiological ..
- MiR-218 inhibits invasion and metastasis of gastric cancer by targeting the Robo1 receptorJun Tie
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
PLoS Genet 6:e1000879. 2010..However, Robo1, one of several Slit receptors, is negatively regulated by miR-218, thus establishing a negative feedback loop...
- Slit-Robo signaling mediates lymphangiogenesis and promotes tumor lymphatic metastasisXiao mei Yang
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:571-7. 2010..In this study, we found that Robo1 was expressed in lymphatic endothelial cells to mediate the migration and tube formation of these cells upon Slit2 ..
- Genetic variance in a component of the language acquisition device: ROBO1 polymorphisms associated with phonological buffer deficitsTimothy C Bates
Centre for Cognitive Aging and Cognitive Epidemiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Behav Genet 41:50-7. 2011The region containing ROBO1 (Chromosome 3p12.3) has been implicated as a susceptibility gene for reading disorder and language deficit by translocation and linkage data...
- A novel role for Slit2/Robo1 axis in modulating HIV-1 replication in T cellsAppakkudal R Anand
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, 43210, USA
AIDS 25:2105-11. 2011..However, its role in HIV-1 pathogenesis is not known. The objective of the current study is to analyze the role of Slit2 in modulating HIV-1 replication in T cells...
- Slit2 involvement in glioma cell migration is mediated by Robo1 receptorSonja Mertsch
Institute of Neuropathology, University Hospital Munster, Domagkstr 19, 48149, Munster, Germany
J Neurooncol 87:1-7. 2008..glioma cell invasion and neuroblast migration, we studied the expression of Slit2 and its transmembrane receptor Robo1 as well as their functional role in migration in glioma cells...
- Crucial roles of Robo proteins in midline crossing of cerebellofugal axons and lack of their up-regulation after midline crossingAtsushi Tamada
National Institute for Basic Biology, Myodaiji cho, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Neural Dev 3:29. 2008b>Robo1, Robo2 and Rig-1 (Robo3), members of the Robo protein family, are candidate receptors for the chemorepellents Slit and are known to play a crucial role in commissural axon guidance in the spinal cord...
- Slit inhibition of retinal axon growth and its role in retinal axon pathfinding and innervation patterns in the diencephalonT Ringstedt
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 20:4983-91. 2000..slit3 expression is low or undetectable. The Slit receptors robo2, and to a limited extent robo1, are expressed in the RGC layer, as are slit1 and slit2...
- Frequent epigenetic inactivation of chromosome 3p candidate tumor suppressor genes in gallbladder carcinomaErick Riquelme
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, 85 Lira St Santiago 133202, Chile
Cancer Lett 250:100-6. 2007..abnormalities in GBC affecting 6 candidate tumor suppressor genes (TSG) located in chromosome 3p, including DUTT1 (3p12), FHIT (3p14.2), BLU, RASSF1A, SEMA3B and hMLH1 (3p21.3)...
- Manipulating Robo expression in vivo perturbs commissural axon pathfinding in the chick spinal cordStacey L Reeber
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 28:8698-708. 2008..The upregulation of repulsive Robo1/2 receptors on postcrossing commissural axons, in mammals, presumably allows these axons to respond to the midline-..
- Dynamic expression patterns of Robo (Robo1 and Robo2) in the developing murine central nervous systemVasi Sundaresan
Medical Research Council Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Guys Hospital Campus, Kings College London, London Bridge, SE1 1UL, UK
J Comp Neurol 468:467-81. 2004..The corticospinal tract is strongly positive throughout its course at all stages examined, including its decussation, formed at about P2 in the central part of the medulla oblongata...
- Leaving the midline: how Robo receptors regulate the guidance of post-crossing spinal commissural axonsStacey L Reeber
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Cell Adh Migr 3:300-4. 2009..the results of several in vivo studies suggest that the upregulation of Slit-binding repulsive Robo receptors, Robo1/2, alters the responsiveness of decussated commissural axons to midline guidance cues...
- Slit1 is specifically expressed in the primary and secondary enamel knots during molar tooth cusp formationS Løes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 107:155-7. 2001..Slit1, -2 and -3, earlier characterized as secreted signals needed for axonal pathfinding and their two receptors Robo1 and -2 (Roundabout1 and -2) in the developing mouse first molar...
- Frequent but borderline methylation of p16 (INK4a) and TIMP3 in medulloblastoma and sPNET revealed by quantitative analysesJ Mühlisch
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, University Children s Hospital Muenster, 48129 Muenster, Germany
J Neurooncol 83:17-29. 2007..b>DUTT1 and SOCS1 have not previously been analyzed...
- Npn-1 contributes to axon-axon interactions that differentially control sensory and motor innervation of the limbRosa Eva Huettl
Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS Biol 9:e1001020. 2011..Thus, motor and sensory axons are mutually dependent on each other for the generation of their trajectories and interact in part through Npn-1-mediated fasciculation before and within the plexus region of the limbs...
- Robo-3--mediated repulsive interactions guide R8 axons during Drosophila visual system developmentKartik S Pappu
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7571-6. 2011..We demonstrate that either Robo1 or Robo2 rescues the robo3 mutant phenotype when each is knocked into the endogenous robo3 locus separately, ..
- Robos and slits control the pathfinding and targeting of mouse olfactory sensory axonsKim T Nguyen-Ba-Charvet
Université Pierre et Marie Curie and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:4244-9. 2008..We have analyzed the development of olfactory projections in Slit1/Slit2 and Robo1/Robo2 single and double mutants...
- Expression of the vertebrate Slit gene family and their putative receptors, the Robo genes, in the developing murine kidneyM Piper
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Mech Dev 94:213-7. 2000..Cell 96, 795-806). Slit2 has been shown to bind Robo1, mediating both neuronal and axonal guidance in the developing central nervous system (CNS), (Brose et al...
- Characterization of the 3p12.3-pcen region associated with tumor suppression in a novel ovarian cancer cell line model genetically modified by chromosome 3 fragment transferNeal A L Cody
Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A4
Mol Carcinog 48:1077-92. 2009..3-pcen interval to a 16.1 Mb common region containing 12 known or hypothetical genes: 3ptel-ROBO2-ROBO1-GBE1-CADM2-VGLL3-CHMP2B-POU1F1-HTR1F-CGGBP1-ZNF654-C3orf38-EPHA3-3pcen...
- SLIT2, a human homologue of the Drosophila Slit2 gene, has tumor suppressor activity and is frequently inactivated in lung and breast cancersAshraf Dallol
Section of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Division of Reproductive and Child Health, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 62:5874-80. 2002..SLIT2 protein is a putative ligand for the ROBO receptors. We recently demonstrated that ROBO1 is inactivated by promoter region hypermethylation in <20% of human cancers; furthermore, tumor suppressor ..
- Analysis of a new homozygous deletion in the tumor suppressor region at 3p12.3 reveals two novel intronic noncoding RNA genesDebora Angeloni
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:676-91. 2006..It is DUTT1 (Deleted in U Twenty Twenty), also known as ROBO1, FLJ21882, and SAX3, according to HUGO...
- Robo1 regulates the development of major axon tracts and interneuron migration in the forebrainWilliam Andrews
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Development 133:2243-52. 2006..To investigate Slit signalling in forebrain development, we generated Robo1 knockout mice by targeted deletion of exon 5 of the Robo1 gene...
- Slit2 inhibits glioma cell invasion in the brain by suppression of Cdc42 activityJia Jean Yiin
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Research Pavilion at the Hillman Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Neuro Oncol 11:779-89. 2009..Cellular depletion of Robo1, a cognate receptor for Slit2, prevented Slit2 inhibition of Cdc42 activity and glioma cell migration...
- Magic roundabout is a new member of the roundabout receptor family that is endothelial specific and expressed at sites of active angiogenesisLukasz Huminiecki
Molecular Angiogenesis Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9DS, UK
Genomics 79:547-52. 2002..a novel, endothelial-specific gene encoding a protein with homology to the axon guidance protein roundabout (ROBO1). The new gene has been called magic roundabout (ROBO4; GenBank acc. no...
- Developmental dyslexia: an updateBarkur S Shastry
Department of Biological Sciences, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
J Hum Genet 52:104-9. 2007..Recently, four candidate genes (KIAA 0319, DYX1C1, DCDC2 and ROBO1) are shown to be associated with dyslexia...
- Targeting Slit-Roundabout signaling inhibits tumor angiogenesis in chemical-induced squamous cell carcinogenesisLi jing Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Schools of Life Sciences, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Cancer Sci 99:510-7. 2008..R5, a monoclonal antibody against the first immunoglobulin domain of Robo1, was used to study whether R5 blocks the Slit-Robo interaction and furthermore inhibits tumor angiogenesis and ..
- Identification of novel dyslexia candidate genes through the analysis of a chromosomal deletionG Poelmans
Department of Clinical Genetics, Academic Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:140-7. 2009..Within two of these loci, DYX1C1 (15q21) and ROBO1 (3p12) have recently been proposed as dyslexia candidate genes through the molecular analysis of translocation ..
- Robo1: a potential role in ocular angiogenesisLvzhen Huang
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking University People s Hospital, Xizhimen South Street 11, Xi Cheng District, Beijing, China
Curr Eye Res 34:1019-29. 2009b>Robo1, a member of the roundabout (Robo) family, serves as neuronal guidance receptors and has been reported to mediate tumor angiogenesis...
- A theoretical molecular network for dyslexia: integrating available genetic findingsG Poelmans
Department of Cognitive Neuroscience, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Psychiatry 16:365-82. 2011..We found that 10 of the 14 dyslexia candidate genes (ROBO1, KIAA0319, KIAA0319L, S100B, DOCK4, FMR1, DIP2A, GTF2I, DYX1C1 and DCDC2) fit into a theoretical molecular network ..
- Src activates Abl to augment Robo1 expression in order to promote tumor cell migrationP Raaj Khusial
Molecular Biology Department, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
Oncotarget 1:198-209. 2010..Also, activation of the Robo1 receptor can induce tumor cell migration...
- Retinal ganglion cell axon guidance in the mouse optic chiasm: expression and function of robos and slitsL Erskine
Department of Pathology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 20:4975-82. 2000..Using in situ hybridization, we have determined the expression patterns of robo1,2 and slit1,2,3 in the mouse retina and in the region of the developing optic chiasm, a ventral midline structure ..
- Short-range and long-range guidance by slit and its Robo receptors. Robo and Robo2 play distinct roles in midline guidanceJ H Simpson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Neurobiology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Neuron 28:753-66. 2000..The robo,robo2 double mutant is largely identical to slit...
- Gene expression signatures identify novel regulatory pathways during murine lung development: implications for lung tumorigenesisA E Bonner
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, 420 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Med Genet 40:408-17. 2003..are either known oncogenes or tumour suppressor genes altered in lung cancer, such as Cyr61, Rassf1a, and Dutt1/Robo1, or putative lung cancer genes...
- Gain-of-function screen identifies a role of the Src64 oncogene in Drosophila mushroom body developmentMaryse Nicolaï
Institut de Genetique Humaine, CNRS UPR1142, 141, rue de la Cardonille, 34396 Montpellier Cedex, France
J Neurobiol 57:291-302. 2003..Moreover, Src64 is shown here to act in a cell-autonomous fashion and is likely to interact with the previously-identified linotte/derailed receptor tyrosine kinase in MB development...
- Morphogenesis defects are associated with abnormal nervous system regeneration following roboA RNAi in planariansFrancesc Cebria
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Neuroscience Program, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, B107 Chemical and Life Sciences Laboratory, 601 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Development 134:833-7. 2007..Together with previous studies on regeneration in annelids and amphibians, these results suggest a conserved role of the nervous system in pattern formation during blastema-based regeneration...
- Fine mapping of the NRC-1 tumor suppressor locus within chromosome 3p12Kun Zhang
Department of Cancer Genetics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:531-8. 2007..615-Mb with the distal boundary mapping within a 38-Kb interval between exon 3 and exon 4 of the DUTT1/Robo1 gene, currently the only candidate tumor suppressor gene in the interval...
- The Slit/Robo system suppresses hepatocyte growth factor-dependent invasion and morphogenesisMaria Cristina Stella
Division of Molecular Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino School of Medicine, 10060 Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 20:642-57. 2009..We report that nontransformed epithelial cells and cancerous cells empower the Slit-2/Robo1 signaling system to limit outward migration in response to motogenic attractants and to remain positionally ..
- Slit2 and netrin 1 act synergistically as adhesive cues to generate tubular bi-layers during ductal morphogenesisPhyllis Strickland
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, 95064, USA
Development 133:823-32. 2006..By contrast, Robo1 is expressed specifically by cap/MECs...
- Transcriptional cooperation between the transforming growth factor-beta and Wnt pathways in mammary and intestinal tumorigenesisEtienne Labbé
Departments of Medical Biophysics and Biochemistry, University of Toronto, 160 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 67:75-84. 2007..models of Wnt-induced tumors, with nine of these genes (Ankrd1, Ccnd1, Ctgf, Gpc1, Hs6st2, IL11, Inhba, Mmp14, and Robo1) showing increases in both...
- Blocking neuropilin-2 function inhibits tumor cell metastasisMaresa Caunt
Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 13:331-42. 2008..Our results demonstrate that Nrp2, which was originally identified as an axon-guidance receptor, is an attractive target for modulating metastasis...
- Slits and Roundabouts in cancer, tumour angiogenesis and endothelial cell migrationJohn A Legg
Cancer Research UK Angiogenesis Group, Institute for Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Angiogenesis 11:13-21. 2008..In particular, we focus on the role of Robo1 and Robo4 in tumour angiogenesis and discuss the signalling pathways downstream of these proteins mediating ..
- Induction of neuronal and tumor-related genes by adenovirus type 12 E1AHancheng Guan
Department of Microbiology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Virol 83:651-61. 2009..Northern blot analyses of a subset of the neuronal genes, including Robo1, N-MYC, and alpha-internexin, confirmed their strong expression in multiple Ad12 tumorigenic cell lines...
- Inadequate lung development and bronchial hyperplasia in mice with a targeted deletion in the Dutt1/Robo1 geneJ Xian
Medical Research Council MRC Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, MRC Centre, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:15062-6. 2001..We have proposed that DUTT1, nested within homozygously deleted regions at 3p12-13, is the tumor suppressor gene that deletion-mapping and ..
- Targeted disruption of the 3p12 gene, Dutt1/Robo1, predisposes mice to lung adenocarcinomas and lymphomas with methylation of the gene promoterJian Xian
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Medical Research Council Centre, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 64:6432-7. 2004..It is therefore a candidate tumor suppressor gene in humans and is the homologue (ROBO1) of the Drosophila axonal guidance receptor gene, Roundabout...
- Robo1/robo4: different expression patterns in retinal developmentLvzhen Huang
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Exp Eye Res 88:583-8. 2009Two members of the roundabout (Robo) family, Robo1 and Robo4, serve as neuronal guidance receptors. During neurogenesis, Robo1 and Robo4 participate in axonal guidance by mediating a repulsive signal...
- Temporal and spatial expression of two isoforms of the Dutt1/Robo1 gene in mouse developmentKatherine Clark
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, MRC Centre, Hills Road, CB2 2QH, Cambridge, UK
FEBS Lett 523:12-6. 2002..Here we show that alternative splicing of the Dutt1/Robo1 gene results in two mRNA transcripts with different signal peptides, which are differentially expressed throughout ..
- Robo1 and robo2 control the development of the lateral olfactory tractCoralie Fouquet
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, Paris, 75005 France
J Neurosci 27:3037-45. 2007..We show here that both Robo1 and Robo2 receptors are expressed on early developing LOT axons, but that only Robo2 is present at later ..
- Robo1 and Robo2 cooperate to control the guidance of major axonal tracts in the mammalian forebrainGuillermina López-Bendito
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Miguel Hernández, 03550 Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
J Neurosci 27:3395-407. 2007..In the present study, we addressed the function of Robo1 and Robo2 in the guidance of forebrain projections by analyzing Robo1-, Robo2-, and Robo1;Robo2-deficient mice...
- Production of Slit2 LRR domains in mammalian cells for structural studies and the structure of human Slit2 domain 3Cecile Morlot
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, BP 181, 38042 Grenoble, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 63:961-8. 2007Slit2 and Roundabout 1 (Robo1) provide a key ligand-receptor interaction for the navigation of commissural neurons during the development of the central nervous system...
- Increased immunoreactivity to SLIT/ROBO1 in ovarian endometriomas: a likely constituent biomarker for recurrenceFanghua Shen
Institute of Obstetric and Gynecologic Research, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Renji Hospital, 145 Shandong Zhong Road, Shanghai 200001, China
Am J Pathol 175:479-88. 2009..We investigated the potential role of SLIT/ROBO1 in ovarian endometriomas and examined their predictive value in recurrence based on tissue samples from 43 ..
- Increased SLIT immunoreactivity as a biomarker for recurrence in endometrial carcinomaShulan Ma
Shanghai Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, China
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:68.e1-68.e11. 2010We sought to investigate the potential predictive value of SLIT/ROBO1 immunoreactivity in recurrent and nonrecurrent endometrial cancer (EC), and the relationship between SLIT/Roundabout (ROBO1) immunoreactivity and microvessel density (..
- Involvement of the SLIT/ROBO pathway in follicle development in the fetal ovaryRachel E Dickinson
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit Division of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The University of Edinburgh, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, Scotland, UK
Reproduction 139:395-407. 2010..In mammals, the SLITs (SLIT1, SLIT2 and SLIT3) and their ROBO (ROBO1, ROBO2, ROBO3/RIG-1 and ROBO4/MAGIC ROBO) receptors regulate neural, leukocyte, vascular smooth muscle cell and ..
- Human ROBO1 is cleaved by metalloproteinases and gamma-secretase and migrates to the nucleus in cancer cellsMotoaki Seki
Genome Science Division, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 584:2909-15. 2010b>ROBO1 is a receptor mediating Slit-induced repulsive action on axon guidance and differentially expressed in human cancers. Although ROBO1 ectodomain has been detected, the cleavage site had not been determined...
- Collaborative and specialized functions of Robo1 and Robo2 in spinal commissural axon guidanceAlexander Jaworski
Division of Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Neurosci 30:9445-53. 2010..b>Robo1 and Robo2 are receptors for the midline repellents Slit1-Slit3, and upregulation of Robos in post-crossing axons ..
- Slit/Robo signaling is necessary to confine early neural crest cells to the ventral migratory pathway in the trunkLi Jia
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1115, BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Biol 282:411-21. 2005..2, that Slit2 repels migrating crest cells in an in vitro assay, and that the misexpression of a dominant-negative Robo1 receptor induces a significant fraction of early crest cells to migrate ectopically in the dorso-lateral pathway...
- Multipoint interphase FISH in childhood T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia detects subpopulations that carry different chromosome 3 aberrationsIrén Haltrich
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Nobelsvägen 16, Stockholm 17177, Sweden
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 172:54-60. 2007..6 and 78.8 Mb, which has been described in lung and breast tumors and contains the DUTT1/ROBO1 tumor suppressor gene...
- Molecular mechanisms controlling midline crossing by precerebellar neuronsThomas di Meglio
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR 7102, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:6285-94. 2008..To determine whether this signaling by Slits and the two other Robo receptors, Robo1 and Robo2, also regulates precerebellar neuron behavior at the floor plate, we studied the phenotype of Slit1/2 ..
- Functionally defining the endothelial transcriptome, from Robo4 to ECSCRAna Raquel Verissimo
Institute for Biomedical Research, Birmingham University Medical School, Vincent Drive, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1214-7. 2009..Endothelial cells express both Robo1 and Robo4, which we have knocked down using siRNA (small interfering RNA) and then studied the effect in a variety ..
- Perspectives of SLIT/ROBO signaling in placental angiogenesisWu Xiang Liao
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Histol Histopathol 25:1181-90. 2010..We report expression of Robo1 protein in capillary endothelium and co-expression of Slit2 and Robo1 proteins in syncytiotrophoblast in healthy ..
- Familial dyslexia in a large Swedish family: a whole genome linkage scanIdor Svensson
Department of Psychology, Linnæus University, 351 95 Växjö, Sweden
Behav Genet 41:43-9. 2011..In addition, six candidate genes (KIAA0319, DYX1C1, DCDC2, ROBO1, MRPL19 and C2ORF3) seem to be related to dyslexia...
- SNP variations in the 7q33 region containing DGKI are associated with dyslexia in the Finnish and German populationsHans Matsson
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, Hälsovägen 7, S 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
Behav Genet 41:134-40. 2011Four genes, DYX1C1, ROBO1, DCDC2 and KIAA0319 have been studied both genetically and functionally as candidate genes for developmental dyslexia, a common learning disability in children...
- A novel exon 15-deleted, splicing variant of Slit2 shows potential for growth inhibition in addition to invasion inhibition in lung cancerYu Ying Lin
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer 117:3404-15. 2011..Because LRR2 interacts with Robo1 receptor to inhibit invasion, they hypothesized that exon 15 plays an important role in modulating Slit2 function.
- Slit/Robo signaling modulates the proliferation of central nervous system progenitorsVictor Borrell
Instituto de Neurociencias, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Miguel Hernández, Sant Joan d Alacant 03550, Spain
Neuron 76:338-52. 2012..Here we report that central nervous system progenitors express Robo1 and Robo2, receptors for Slit proteins that regulate axon guidance, and that absence of these receptors or their ..
- N-terminal Slit2 inhibits HIV-1 replication by regulating the actin cytoskeletonAppakkudal R Anand
Department of Pathology, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 460 W 12th Avenue, 810 Biological Research Tower, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Retrovirology 10:2. 2013..Slit2 is a ~ 200 kDa secreted glycoprotein that has been recently shown to regulate immune functions. However, not much is known about its role in HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)-1 pathogenesis...
- Slit/Robo signaling mediates spatial positioning of spiral ganglion neurons during development of cochlear innervationSheng Zhi Wang
Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Neurosci 33:12242-54. 2013..In this study, in situ hybridization in the mouse cochlea suggests that Slit2 and its receptor, Robo1/2, exhibit apparently complementary expression patterns in the spiral ganglion and its nearby region, the spiral ..
- Genome-wide association study of liver enzymes in korean childrenTae Joon Park
Division of Structural and Functional Genomics, Center for Genome Science, Korea National Institute of Health, Cheongwon 363 951, Korea
Genomics Inform 11:149-54. 2013....
- Endocannabinoids modulate cortical development by configuring Slit2/Robo1 signallingAlan Alpar
1 Division of Molecular Neurobiology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, Scheeles väg 1 A1, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden 2
Nat Commun 5:4421. 2014..We further show the dependence of both axonal Robo1 positioning and oligodendroglial Slit2 production on cell-type-specific cannabinoid receptor activation...
- Silencing of long noncoding RNA MALAT1 by miR-101 and miR-217 inhibits proliferation, migration, and invasion of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cellsXinyu Wang
From the State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing Laboratory of Biomedical Materials, College of Life Science and Technology, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
J Biol Chem 290:3925-35. 2015..This might be attributed to the deregulation of downstream genes of MALAT1, such as MIA2, HNF4G, ROBO1, CCT4, and CTHRC1...
- Calsyntenin 1-mediated trafficking of axon guidance receptors regulates the switch in axonal responsiveness at a choice pointTobias A Alther
Institute of Molecular Life Sciences and Neuroscience Center Zurich, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, Zurich CH 8057, Switzerland
Development 143:994-1004. 2016..In cooperation with RabGDI, calsyntenin 1 shuttles Rab11-positive vesicles containing Robo1 to the growth cone surface in a precisely regulated manner...
- Genes, cognition and dyslexia: learning to read the genomeSimon E Fisher
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford, OX3 7BN, UK
Trends Cogn Sci 10:250-7. 2006..In this article, we provide an accessible overview of four prominent examples--DYX1C1, KIAA0319, DCDC2 and ROBO1--and discuss their relevance for cognition...
- Ryk: a novel Wnt receptor regulating axon pathfindingThomas R Keeble
The Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:2011-7. 2006..These mice display a variety of embryonic abnormalities, including disruption of skeletal, craniofacial and cardiac development. Here we review Ryk structure and function focusing on its activity as an axon guidance receptor...
- Dual branch-promoting and branch-repelling actions of Slit/Robo signaling on peripheral and central branches of developing sensory axonsLe Ma
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 27:6843-51. 2007..A similar phenotype is observed in Robo1;Robo2 double mutants, implicating Robo receptors in mediating this activity...
- Deletions in chromosome 4 differentially associated with the development of cervical cancer: evidence of slit2 as a candidate tumor suppressor geneRatnesh Kumar Singh
Department of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata, 700026, India
Hum Genet 122:71-81. 2007..Thus, it indicates that inactivation of SLIT2-ROBO1 signaling pathway may have an important role in CA-CX development.
- The genetics of reading disabilityTracey L Petryshen
Psychiatric and Neurodevelopment Genetics Unit, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 11:149-55. 2009..have implicated DCDC2 and KIAA0319 in DYX2, as well as C2ORF3 and MRPL19 (DYX3), whereas DYX1C1/EKN1 (DYX1) and ROBO1 (DYX5) were found to be disrupted by rare translocation breakpoints in reading-disabled individuals...
- Midbrain dopaminergic axons are guided longitudinally through the diencephalon by Slit/Robo signalsJames P Dugan
Department of Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:347-56. 2011..to Slit-positive ventral regions within the diencephalon, and that subsets of the mdDA axons likely express Robo1 and possibly also Robo2. Slit2 was able to directly inhibit TH axon outgrowth in explant co-culture assays...
- A Slit/miR-218/Robo regulatory loop is required during heart tube formation in zebrafishJason E Fish
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 138:1409-19. 2011..Here, we show that miR-218 is intronically encoded in slit2 and slit3 and that it suppresses Robo1 and Robo2 expression...
- Association between the ROBO1 gene and body mass index in patients using antipsychoticsJelle Vehof
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Psychiatr Genet 21:202-7. 2011..reported between a single nucleotide polymorphism (rs1455832) of the roundabout axon guidance receptor, homolog 1 (ROBO1) gene and body mass index (BMI) in persons younger than 30 years...
- RabGDI controls axonal midline crossing by regulating Robo1 surface expressionMelanie Philipp
Institute of Molecular Life Sciences, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, Zurich, CH 8057, Switzerland
Neural Dev 7:36. 2012..Interestingly, to date no vertebrate homolog of comm has been identified. Robo3/Rig1 has been shown to control Slit sensitivity before the midline, but without affecting Robo1 surface expression.
- Expression, derivatization, crystallization and experimental phasing of an extracellular segment of the human Robo1 receptorReut Barak
The Mina and Everard Goodman Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, 52900 Ramat Gan, Israel
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 69:771-5. 2013..b>Robo1 contains five tandem Ig-like and three fibronectin type-III (FnIII) domains in its ectodomain, followed by a ..
- MicroRNA-218 inhibits cell invasion and migration of pancreatic cancer via regulating ROBO1Hang He
Pancreatic Disease Institute Department of Pancreatic Surgery Huashan Hospital Shanghai Medical College Fudan University Shanghai, PR China
Cancer Biol Ther 15:1333-9. 2014..The expressions of both miRNA-218 and its potent target gene ROBO1 were revealed by RT-PCR and western blotting analysis...
- Discovery of Critical Host Genes Enabling Resistance to HIV-1 Infection as TherapLeyla S Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will focus on one particular host target, "Robo1", which is essential for the life cycle of HIV-1...
- John G Flanagan; Fiscal Year: 2016..More broadly, our work on the neuron provides a model to uncover fundamental principles with very general implications for biomedical research. ..
- James Y H Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..path to the cortex by regulating the modification of heparan sulfate and the expression of guidance receptors Robo1 and Robo2...
- Molecular Mechanisms Regulating Axon Guidance Receptor ActivityWilliam G Wadsworth; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- NEAL DILIP AMIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..factor antibody markers, the position of motor neuron subtypes was identified in spinal cords of wild type and Robo1-/-2-/- (DKO) mice...
- Discovery of the 6p21.3 Reading Disability GeneJeffrey R Gruen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Four RD genes have emerged from chromosomal loci initially identified by genetic linkage: DYX1C1 (15q), ROBO1 (3q), KIAA0319 (6p22), and DCDC2 (6p22)...
- Greg J Bashaw; Fiscal Year: 2016..A previously successful chimeric receptor approach where different portions of the Robo1, Robo2 and Robo3 receptors are exchanged with each other and then assayed for function in transgenic flies will be ..
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX AND AXONAL GUIDANCE IN C. ELEGANSWilliam Wadsworth; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Longitudinal axon guidance by long range cues in the embryonic brainGRANT STEPHEN MASTICK; Fiscal Year: 2011..major determinant of longitudinal guidance, specifically the Slit1 and Slit2 secreted signaling proteins and their Robo1 and Robo2 receptors...
- Roundabout4 signaling in endothelial cellsRamani Ramchandran; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary results suggest that: (A) Robo1 and Robo4 interact and share common signaling molecules at both the cell surface and intracellular level;(B) A ..
- Lianchun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..EC Ndst1 interacts genetically with Slit3, Robo1 and Robo4 in vivo;4). Endothelial Ndst1 facilitates Slit3-induced angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo;and 5)...
- DYSLEXIA SUSCEPTIBILITY GENES AND MECHANISMS OF NEURONAL DEVELOPMENTJoseph J LoTurco; Fiscal Year: 2012..the past three years four candidate dyslexia susceptibility genes have been proposed (DYX1C1, KIAA0319, DCDC2 and ROBO1), and all four play roles in neuronal development...
- Molecular Basis of Slits as Tumor Suppressors Controlling CXCR4/SDF1 in BreastLINDSAY E HINCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..a disease signature in hyperplastic lesions of mammary glands harboring loss-of-function in Slit2 and Slit3 or its Robo1 receptor, giving us the unique opportunity to understand the function of CXCR4 and SDF1 in the early stages of ..
- Slit-Robo Signaling in Tumor Growth and MetastasisJian Guo Geng; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the molecular mechanisms involved in tumor growth and metastasis, but also facilitate the use of Slit2 and Robo1 as the novel molecular targets for diagnosis and treatment of cancers...
- DEAN YAW LI; Fiscal Year: 2016..we will study the stabilizing and destabilizing influences on the endothelial barrier of, respectively, the Robo1 receptor and the receptor for interleukin-1b (IL1R)...
- LINDSAY E HINCK; Fiscal Year: 2014..branching, TGF-21, restrains basal cell proliferation and adhesion by upregulating signaling through the SLIT/ROBO1 pathway...
- Between Slit and repulsion: Molecular mechanisms underlying Robo-mediated midlineREBECCA KENT CHANCE; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Altered endothelial heparan sulfate causes diaphragmatic hernias resembling CDHJeffrey Esko; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Robo1 and Robo4 are expressed on endothelial cells and the binding of Slits to these receptors may play a role in ..
- Molecular mechanisms of neuronal network formationMasaru Nakamoto; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, since many congenital disorders affect the central nervous system including the olfactory system, they will also provide essential information on the pathogenesis of such disorders. ..
- AXON GIUDANCE AND TARGETING IN DROSOPHILAS Zipursky; Fiscal Year: 2005..As Drosophila Dscam is structurally related to a human gene implicated in Down Syndrome, the studies described in this grant may provide insights into the abnormalities in brain development in Down Syndrome patients. ..
- Wnt signaling via the Drl axon guidance receptorRenee Read; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Mechanisms and Regulatory Networks of Alternative Splicing in DrosophilaBRENTON GRAVELEY; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetic Interactions in Developmental DyslexiaLauren McGrath; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..