Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RhoGDI
Description: Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor alpha
Alias: GDIA1, HEL-S-47e, NPHS8, RHOGDI, RHOGDI-1, rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor 1, GDP-dissociation inhibitor, aplysia RAS-related 1, Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (GDI) alpha, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 47e
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Mapping the binding site for the GTP-binding protein Rac-1 on its inhibitor RhoGDI-1L Y Lian
Department of Biochemistry and Biological NMR Centre, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
Structure 8:47-55. 2000..The cytosolic guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitors, RhoGDIs, regulate both the GDP/GTP exchange cycle and the membrane association/dissociation cycle...
- The HIV-1 vpr protein induces anoikis-resistance by modulating cell adhesion process and microfilament system assemblyP Matarrese
Department of Ultrastructures, Instituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299 00161 Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 7:25-36. 2000..e. by inducing anoikis-resistance. These particular effects of vpr might enhance the homing, spreading and survival of the infected lymphocytes, thus contributing to virus persistence in the course of acute HIV-1 infection...
- Modifications in the human T cell proteome induced by intracellular HIV-1 Tat protein expressionMayte Coiras
AIDS Immunopathology Unit, National Centre of Microbiology, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Proteomics 6:S63-73. 2006..In conclusion, in addition to its role in viral mRNA elongation, the proteomic approach has provided insight into the way that Tat modifies host cell gene expression...
- Identification of two human Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor proteins whose overexpression leads to disruption of the actin cytoskeletonH Leffers
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Aarhus University, Denmark
Exp Cell Res 209:165-74. 1993..Taken together, the results imply that Rho GDI's play a role in modulating the activity of the Rho proteins as their overexpression mimics phenotypic changes associated with the inactivation of these proteins...
- Direct interaction of the Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor with ezrin/radixin/moesin initiates the activation of the Rho small G proteinK Takahashi
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Osaka University Medical School, Suita 565, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:23371-5. 1997..These results suggest that ERM as well as Rho GDI and the Rho GDP/GTP exchange factor are involved in the activation of the Rho subfamily members, which then regulate reorganization of actin filaments through the ERM system...
- Differential properties of D4/LyGDI versus RhoGDI: phosphorylation and rho GTPase selectivityJ P Gorvel
Centre d Immunologie INSERM CNRS de Marseille Luminy, France
FEBS Lett 422:269-73. 1998..b>RhoGDI is a ubiquitously expressed GDI, whereas D4/LyGDI is hematopoietic cell-specific and 10-fold less potent than ..
- Structure of the Rho family GTP-binding protein Cdc42 in complex with the multifunctional regulator RhoGDIG R Hoffman
Department of Molecular Medicine, Veterinary Medical Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Cell 100:345-56. 2000The RhoGDI proteins serve as key multifunctional regulators of Rho family GTP-binding proteins. The 2.6 A X-ray crystallographic structure of the Cdc42/RhoGDI complex reveals two important sites of interaction between GDI and Cdc42...
- Structure-activity relationships in flexible protein domains: regulation of rho GTPases by RhoGDI and D4 GDIA P Golovanov
Department of Biochemistry and Biological NMR Centre, University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
J Mol Biol 305:121-35. 2001The guanine dissociation inhibitors RhoGDI and D4GDI inhibit guanosine 5'-diphosphate dissociation from Rho GTPases, keeping these small GTPases in an inactive state...
- Differential localization of Rho GTPases in live cells: regulation by hypervariable regions and RhoGDI bindingD Michaelson
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Cell Biol 152:111-26. 2001..Targeting was regulated by binding to RhoGDI alpha in the case of RhoA, Rac1, Rac2, and Cdc42hs but not RhoB or TC10...
- Crystal structure of the Rac1-RhoGDI complex involved in nadph oxidase activationS Grizot
Institut de Biologie Structurale, CEA CNRS UJF, UMR 5075, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
Biochemistry 40:10007-13. 2001..Small angle neutron scattering experiments confirmed a 1:1 stoichiometry. The crystal structure of the Rac1-RhoGDI complex was determined at 2.7 A resolution...
- The p75 receptor acts as a displacement factor that releases Rho from Rho-GDIToshihide Yamashita
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Neurosci 6:461-7. 2003..This peptide has potential as a therapeutic agent against the inhibitory cues that block regeneration in the central nervous system...
- Phosphorylation of RhoGDI by Pak1 mediates dissociation of Rac GTPaseCeline DerMardirossian
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell 15:117-27. 2004Selective activation of Rac GTPase signaling pathways requires the specific release of Rac from RhoGDI complexes. We identified a RhoGDI kinase from bovine brain as p21-activated kinase (Pak)...
- Uncoupling of inhibitory and shuttling functions of rho GDP dissociation inhibitorsEstelle Dransart
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS UPR 9063, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 280:4674-83. 2005..process involving the extraction of Rho from donor membranes, the formation of the inhibitory cytosolic Rho/rhoGDI complexes, and delivery of Rho to target membranes...
- Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor protects cancer cells against drug-induced apoptosisBaolin Zhang
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Division of Therapeutic Proteins, Office of Biotechnology Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 65:6054-62. 2005Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI) plays an essential role in control of a variety of cellular functions through interactions with Rho family GTPases, including Rac1, Cdc42, and RhoA...
- Activity of the Bcr GTPase-activating domain is regulated through direct protein/protein interaction with the Rho guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitorSoo Mi Kweon
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Division of Hematology Oncology, The Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
J Biol Chem 283:3023-30. 2008..Here, we report that in the presence of RhoGDIalpha, Bcr is unable to convert Rac-GTP to Rac-GDP because RhoGDI forms a direct protein complex with Bcr...
- RhoA-GDP regulates RhoB protein stability. Potential involvement of RhoGDIalphaT T Giang Ho
Laboratory of Connective Tissues Biology, GIGA R, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie, Sart Tilman, Belgium
J Biol Chem 283:21588-98. 2008..Our results highlight RhoGDIalpha-dependent cross-talks that regulate the stability of RhoGTPases...
- Overexpression of Rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor alpha is associated with tumor progression and poor prognosis of colorectal cancerLiang Zhao
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
J Proteome Res 7:3994-4003. 2008..One member of GDIs was identified as RhoGDI (Rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor alpha, or RhoGDIalpha), but little is known about this protein in tumors...
- Four-gene expression ratio test for survival in patients undergoing surgery for mesotheliomaGavin J Gordon
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:678-86. 2009..In this study, we investigated the predictive value and technical assay performance of this test in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Differential phosphorylation of RhoGDI mediates the distinct cycling of Cdc42 and Rac1 to regulate second-phase insulin secretionZhanxiang Wang
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Basic Diabetes Research Group, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6186-97. 2010..Using a tandem affinity purification-based mass spectrometry screen for Cdc42 cycling factors in beta cells, RhoGDI was identified...
- Regulation of Rho GTPase crosstalk, degradation and activity by RhoGDI1Etienne Boulter
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nat Cell Biol 12:477-83. 2010....
- Serine 34 phosphorylation of rho guanine dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDIalpha) links signaling from conventional protein kinase C to RhoGTPase in cell adhesionAthanassios Dovas
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:23296-308. 2010..Together with fluorescence resonance energy transfer microscopy sensing GTP-RhoA levels, the data reveal a common pathway in cell adhesion linking two essential mediators, conventional PKC and RhoA...
- Semaphorin 5A and plexin-B3 inhibit human glioma cell motility through RhoGDIalpha-mediated inactivation of Rac1 GTPaseXinhua Li
Department of Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Neurobiology Ageing Program, Life Sciences Institute, National University of Singapore, Centre for Life Sciences, 28 Medical Drive, Singapore 117456
J Biol Chem 285:32436-45. 2010..for the underlying mechanism revealed direct interaction of plexin-B3 with RhoGDP dissociation inhibitor α (RhoGDIα), a negative regulator of RhoGTPases that blocks guanine nucleotide exchange and sequesters them away from the ..
- The Fer tyrosine kinase regulates interactions of Rho GDP-Dissociation Inhibitor α with the small GTPase RacFei Fei
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Division of Hematology Oncology, The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
BMC Biochem 11:48. 2010b>RhoGDI proteins are important regulators of the small GTPase Rac, because they shuttle Rac from the cytoplasm to membranes and also protect Rac from activation, deactivation and degradation...
- X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein (XIAP) mediates cancer cell motility via Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI)-dependent regulation of the cytoskeletonJinyi Liu
Nelson Institute of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Tuxedo, New York 10987, USA
J Biol Chem 286:15630-40. 2011..that the regulation of cell motility by XIAP depends on its interaction with the Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI) via the XIAP RING domain...
- The 'invisible hand': regulation of RHO GTPases by RHOGDIsRafael Garcia-Mata
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 12:493-504. 2011..The same metaphor can be used to describe the RHO-specific guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor (RHOGDI) family, which operates in the background, as an invisible hand, using similar forces to regulate the RHO GTPase ..
- Phosphorylation of RhoGDI by Src regulates Rho GTPase binding and cytosol-membrane cyclingCeline DerMardirossian
Departments of Immunology and Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:4760-8. 2006..Activation of Rho GTPase signaling pathways requires the regulated release of Rho GTPases from RhoGDI complexes, followed by their reuptake after membrane cycling...
- Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor alpha interacts with estrogen receptor alpha and influences estrogen responsivenessSaad El Marzouk
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 39:249-59. 2007..One of these proteins, Rho guanosine diphosphate (GDP) dissociation inhibitor alpha (RhoGDI alpha), is a negative regulator of the Rho family of GTP-binding proteins...
- RhoGDI-3 is a new GDP dissociation inhibitor (GDI). Identification of a non-cytosolic GDI protein interacting with the small GTP-binding proteins RhoB and RhoGG Zalcman
Unité INSERM 248, Section de Recherche, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Biol Chem 271:30366-74. 1996..proteins interacting with RhoB, we identified a new mouse Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor, referenced as RhoGDI-3...
- Differential expression and regulation of GTPases (RhoA and Rac2) and GDIs (LyGDI and RhoGDI) in neutrophils from patients with severe congenital neutropeniaB Kasper
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Blood 95:2947-53. 2000..This study determined that the guanosine diphosphate (GDP)-dissociation inhibitor RhoGDI is overexpressed at the protein level in patients' neutrophils and that overexpression is a result of G-CSF ..
- Proteomic analysis of Legionella-containing phagosomes isolated from DictyosteliumOlga Shevchuk
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Technische Universitat Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 299:489-508. 2009..hackeliae revealed distinctive protein expression patterns, e.g., an abundance of RhoGDI in L. hackeliae degrading phagosomes versus little RhoGDI in L. pneumophila Corby replicative phagosomes...
- A cross-link between protein kinase A and Rho-family GTPases signaling mediates cell-cell adhesion and actin cytoskeleton organization in epithelial cancer cellsFernanda Leve
Divisao de Biologia Celular, Coordenação de Pesquisa, Instituto Nacional de Cancer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 327:777-88. 2008..caused activation of Rho, as evidenced by their translocation to the membrane, an event concurrent to Rac and RhoGDI translocation, and this effect was also reverted by H-89...
- The Rac-RhoGDI complex and the structural basis for the regulation of Rho proteins by RhoGDIK Scheffzek
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Abteilung Strukturelle Biologie, Otto Hahn Str 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Nat Struct Biol 7:122-6. 2000..We have solved the crystal structure of a complex between the RhoGDI homolog LyGDI and GDP-bound Rac2, which are abundant in leukocytes, representing the cytosolic, resting pool of ..
- Analysis of cell-cycle specific localization of the Rdi1p RhoGDI and the structural determinants required for Cdc42p membrane localization and clustering at sites of polarized growthTamara J Richman
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics and the Markey Center for Molecular Genetics, University of Vermont, 95 Carrigan Dr, 202 Stafford Hall, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Curr Genet 45:339-49. 2004..studies were performed in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using green fluorescent protein (GFP)-tagged Cdc42p and the RhoGDI Rdi1p...
- Localization of the Rho GTPases and some Rho effector proteins in the sperm of several mammalian speciesCarl C Ducummon
Department of Animal Science, One Shields Avenue, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Zygote 14:249-57. 2006..In this study, the localization of the Rho GTPases (RhoA, RhoB, Rac1 and Cdc42) as well as the effectors RhoGDI, PI(4)P5K and ROCK-1, was determined in boar, human, rat, ram, bull and elephant sperm...
- Guanine nucleotide exchange regulates membrane translocation of Rac/Rho GTP-binding proteinsG M Bokoch
Department of Immunology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Biol Chem 269:31674-9. 1994GTP-binding proteins of the Rho family are maintained as cytosolic complexes with RhoGDI in resting cells, but are released and translocate to the membrane during the course of cell activation...
- The role of ezrin-associated protein network in human sperm capacitationLei Wang
Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Histology and Embryology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Asian J Androl 12:667-76. 2010..Furthermore, activated ezrin and the Rho dissociation inhibitor, RhoGDI, promote the formation of cortical cytoskeleton-polymerized actin through Rho activation...
- cDNA cloning of a human mRNA preferentially expressed in hematopoietic cells and with homology to a GDP-dissociation inhibitor for the rho GTP-binding proteinsJ M Lelias
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:1479-83. 1993..D4 encodes a 201-amino acid protein with homology to rhoGDI, an inhibitor of GDP dissociation for the ras-homologous protein rho...
- Facilitation of Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis by Rac1-GTPase in bovine chromaffin cellsQuanwen Li
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Physiol 550:431-45. 2003..A dominant negative Rac1 mutant (Rac1-N17) produced no effect on secretion. Expression of RhoGDI, a negative regulator of Rac1, inhibited secretory responses while overexpression of effectors of Rac1, notably, ..
- Apoptotic effects of a high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) fraction of Antrodia camphorata mycelia are mediated by down-regulation of the expressions of four tumor-related genes in human non-small cell lung carcinoma A549 cellYu Yi Chan
Department of Biotechnology, Southern Taiwan University, Yungkang City, Tainan County, Taiwan
J Ethnopharmacol 127:652-61. 2010....
- Recombinant Yersinia YopT leads to uncoupling of RhoA-effector interactionI Sorg
Institut für Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Infect Immun 69:7535-43. 2001..of lysate or cytosol with YopT caused inhibition of the RhoA-rhotekin interaction but led to increased RhoA-RhoGDI interaction...
- Age-related reductions in expression of serum response factor and myocardin-related transcription factor A in mouse skeletal musclesKunihiro Sakuma
Health Science Center, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1 1 Hibarigaoka, Tenpaku cho, Toyohashi 441 8580, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:453-61. 2008..RT)-PCR, Western blotting, and immunofluorescence microscopy, we investigated whether the amounts of RhoA, RhoGDI, SRF, MRTF-A, and MyoD in the triceps brachii and quadriceps muscles change with aging in mice...
- ExoS Rho GTPase-activating protein activity stimulates reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton through Rho GTPase guanine nucleotide disassociation inhibitorJianjun Sun
Medical College of Wisconsin, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 279:42936-44. 2004..The present study investigated the roles of Rho GTPase guanine nucleotide disassociation inhibitor (RhoGDI) in the reorganization of actin cytoskeleton mediated by ExoS RhoGAP...
- Dissociation of Rac1(GDP).RhoGDI complexes by the cooperative action of anionic liposomes containing phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate, Rac guanine nucleotide exchange factor, and GTPYelena Ugolev
Julius Friedrich Cohnheim Minerva Center for Phagocyte Research and the Ela Kodesz Institute of Host Defense against Infectious Diseases, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Biol Chem 283:22257-71. 2008..In resting cells, Rac is found in the cytosol in complex with Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI). NADPH oxidase assembly involves dissociation of the Rac.RhoGDI complex and translocation of Rac to the membrane...
- Protein expression in human trabecular meshwork: downregulation of RhoGDI by dexamethasone in vitroMinbin Yu
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, P R China
Mol Vis 16:213-23. 2010..This study uses proteomic techniques to investigate the set of proteins expressed in normal human TM and to identify those differentially expressed in response to dexamethasone (DEX) treatment of TM cells (TMCs) in vitro...
- Phosphorylation of serine 188 protects RhoA from ubiquitin/proteasome-mediated degradation in vascular smooth muscle cellsMalvyne Rolli-Derkinderen
INSERM U 533, Faculte des Sciences, 2 rue de la Houssiniere, BP 92208, 44322 Nantes Cedex 3, France
Circ Res 96:1152-60. 2005..form of RhoA to proteasome-mediated degradation is because of its cytoplasmic sequestration through enhanced RhoGDI interaction...
- Diacylglycerol kinase zeta regulates actin cytoskeleton reorganization through dissociation of Rac1 from RhoGDIHanan Abramovici
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 20:2049-59. 2009Activation of Rac1 GTPase signaling is stimulated by phosphorylation and release of RhoGDI by the effector p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1), but it is unclear what initiates this potential feed-forward mechanism for regulation of Rac ..
- Characterization of a Rac1- and RhoGDI-associated lipid kinase signaling complexK F Tolias
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:762-70. 1998..b>RhoGDI also associates with this lipid kinase complex both in vivo and in vitro, primarily via its interaction with Rac...
- Defects in cytokinesis, actin reorganization and the contractile vacuole in cells deficient in RhoGDIFrancisco Rivero
Institut fur Biochemie I, Medizinische Fakultat, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 52, D 50931 Köln, Germany
EMBO J 21:4539-49. 2002..We identified two RhoGDI homologues in DICTYOSTELIUM: GDI1 shares 51-58% similarity to RhoGDIs from diverse species...
- The three-dimensional model of Dictyostelium discoideum racE based on the human rhoA-GDP crystal structureMadhavi Agarwal
Department of Biology, Clark University, Worcester, MA 01610, USA
J Mol Graph Model 21:3-18. 2002..structural elements between models generated using various templates, such as h-rac1, h-rhoA and h-cdc42 bound to RhoGDI, all sharing only 50-55% sequence identity with racE, which suggests that this model is in all probability an ..
- Tumor cell pseudopodial protrusions. Localized signaling domains coordinating cytoskeleton remodeling, cell adhesion, glycolysis, RNA translocation, and protein translationZongjian Jia
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3
J Biol Chem 280:30564-73. 2005..ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation, as well as protein chaperones (HSP90 and HSC70) and signaling proteins (RhoGDI and ROCK)...
- Radixin stimulates Rac1 and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase, CaMKII: cross-talk with Galpha13 signalingGuoquan Liu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 280:39042-9. 2005..The N-terminal domain potentiated SRE activation induced by Galpha(13)Q226L; RhoGDI inhibited this effect. Surprisingly, the C-terminal domain also stimulated the SRE-dependent gene transcription...
- TRAIL and Taurolidine induce apoptosis and decrease proliferation in human fibrosarcomaAdrien Daigeler
Department of Plastic Surgery, Burn Center, Hand Center, Sarcoma Reference Center, BG University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Burkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 27:82. 2008..Disseminated soft tissue sarcoma still represents a therapeutic dilemma because effective cytostatics are missing. Therefore we tested TRAIL and Tarolidine (TRD), two substances with apoptogenic properties on human fibrosarcoma (HT1080)...
- Loss of expression of LyGDI (ARHGDIB), a rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor, in Hodgkin lymphomaLiya Ma
Department of Pathology, Schleswig Holstein University Hospitals, Kiel, Germany
Br J Haematol 139:217-23. 2007The guanosine triphosphatase (GTPase) inhibitor LyGDI (ARHGDIB, Ly/D4-GDI, RhoGDIb or RhoGDI 2) is abundantly expressed in haematopoetic cells and possibly plays a role in the onset of apoptosis...
- Gankyrin plays an essential role in Ras-induced tumorigenesis through regulation of the RhoA/ROCK pathway in mammalian cellsJiang Hong Man
State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Center of Biomedical Analysis, Beijing, China
J Clin Invest 120:2829-41. 2010..following Ras activation increased the interaction between the RhoA GTPase and its GDP dissociation inhibitor RhoGDI, which resulted in inhibition of the RhoA effector kinase Rho-associated coiled coil-containing protein kinase (..
- Increased RhoGDI2 and peroxiredoxin 5 levels in asthmatic murine model of beta2-adrenoceptor desensitization: a proteomics approachHua Liu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:355-62. 2008..It is not clear whether there are other mechanisms. This study aimed to investigate potential mechanisms of beta(2)AR desensitization...
- Localization of AtROP4 and AtROP6 and interaction with the guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor AtRhoGDI1 from ArabidopsisF Bischoff
Max Delbruck Laboratorium in der Max Planck Gesellschaft, Köln Vogelsang, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 42:515-30. 2000..As RhoGDIs are known to bind to the C-terminus of GTPases of the Rho family, we searched for Arabidopsis RhoGDI genes. We identified the AtRhoGDI1 gene and mapped it to chromosome 3. AtRhoGDI1 encodes a 22...
- Neurotrophin binding to the p75 receptor modulates Rho activity and axonal outgrowthT Yamashita
Department of Neurobiochemistry, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Federal Republic of Germany
Neuron 24:585-93. 1999..In vivo, axonal outgrowth was retarded in mice carrying a mutation in the p75NTR gene. These results indicate that p75NTR modulates in a ligand-dependent fashion the activity of intracellular proteins known to regulate actin assembly...
- p75 neurotrophin receptor signaling regulates growth cone filopodial dynamics through modulating RhoA activityScott Gehler
Department of Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Neurosci 24:4363-72. 2004..These observations suggest that neurotrophins regulate filopodial dynamics by depressing the activation of RhoA that occurs through p75NTR signaling...
- Gene expression profiles with cDNA microarray reveal RhoGDI as a predictive marker for paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancersTomoko Goto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Saitama Medical College, Iruma gun, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:1265-71. 2006..of the ATP-binding cassette subfamily (MDR-1), Rho guanine dinucleotide phosphate dissociation inhibitor beta (RhoGDI) and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) was observed in both paclitaxel-resistant cell lines...
- In vivo dynamics of Rac-membrane interactionsKonstadinos Moissoglu
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:2770-9. 2006..Both overexpression and small hairpin RNA-mediated suppression of RhoGDI strongly affected the amount of membrane-bound Rac but surprisingly had only slight effects on k(off)...
- Proteomics study reveals cross-talk between Rho guanidine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor 1 post-translational modifications in epidermal growth factor stimulated fibroblastsIda Chiara Guerrera
Department of Medicine, University College London, 5 University Street, London
J Proteome Res 6:2623-30. 2007..and serine and tyrosine phosphorylation was observed for Rho guanidine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor 1 (RhoGDI-1)...
- Effects of lovastatin on Rho isoform expression, activity, and association with guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitorsStephanie J Turner
Department of Medicine and Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0652, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 75:405-13. 2008..8%. Lovastatin reduced Rho association with Rho guanine dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI)-alpha and -beta, and prenylation-deficient Rho mutants did not associate with RhoGDI...
- The adaptive responses in several mediators linked with hypertrophy and atrophy of skeletal muscle after lower limb unloading in humansK Sakuma
Research Center for Physical Fitness, Sports and Health, Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi, Japan
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 197:151-9. 2009..we examined whether unilateral lower limb suspension changes the mRNA and protein levels of SRF-linked (RhoA, RhoGDI, STARS and SRF), myostatin-linked (myostatin, Smad2, Smad3 and FLRG) and Foxo-linked (P-Akt, Foxo1, Foxo3a and ..
- RhoGDIα suppresses growth and survival of prostate cancer cellsYezi Zhu
Department of Urology, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Prostate 72:392-8. 2012..We have previously generated LNCaP-IL6+ cells by treating LNCaP cells chronically with interleukin-6 (IL-6), which have acquired the ability to grow in androgen-deprived conditions...
- RhoGDI2 confers gastric cancer cells resistance against cisplatin-induced apoptosis by upregulation of Bcl-2 expressionHee Jun Cho
Department of Microbiology Research Institute of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Cancer Lett 311:48-56. 2011Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI)2 has been identified as a regulator of Rho family GTPase. Recently, we suggested that RhoGDI2 could promote tumor growth and malignant progression in gastric cancer...
- Quantitative analysis of prenylated RhoA interaction with its chaperone, RhoGDIZakir Tnimov
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Biol Chem 287:26549-62. 2012..Membrane delivery and recycling of the Rho GTPases is mediated by Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI), which forms a stable complex with prenylated Rho GTPases...
- miR-483-5p promotes invasion and metastasis of lung adenocarcinoma by targeting RhoGDI1 and ALCAMQiancheng Song
Authors Affiliations Department of Cell Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences and Institute of Genetic Engineering, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Res 74:3031-42. 2014..Our findings reveal that miR-483-5p is a critical β-catenin-activated prometastatic miRNA and a negative regulator of the metastasis suppressors RhoGDI1 and ALCAM...
- RhoGDI2 expression in astrocytes after an excitotoxic lesion in the mouse hippocampusMin Hee Yi
Department of Anatomy, Brain Research Institute, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, 301 747, South Korea
Cell Mol Neurobiol 35:167-74. 2015The Rho GDP-dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI) originally downregulates Rho family GTPases by preventing nucleotide exchange and membrane association...
- RhoGDI deficiency induces constitutive activation of Rho GTPases and COX-2 pathways in association with breast cancer progressionWilliam P Bozza
Office of Biotechnology Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Oncotarget 6:32723-36. 2015Rho GDP Dissociation Inhibitor (RhoGDI) is a key regulator of Rho GTPases. Here we report that loss of RhoGDI significantly accelerated xenograft tumor growth of MDA-MB-231 cells in animal models...
- An adventitious interaction of filamin A with RhoGDI2(Tyr153Glu)Mia Song
Hematology Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 469:659-64. 2016..A RhoGDI2 truncate with 81 N-terminal amino acid residues and a phosphomimetic mutant, RhoGDI(Tyr153Glu) interacted with the FLNA construct...
- Podocalyxin activates RhoA and induces actin reorganization through NHERF1 and Ezrin in MDCK cellsSandra Schmieder
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, George Palade Laboratories Room 210, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0651, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2289-98. 2004..By immunofluorescence redistribution of RhoA and RhoGDI was observed in the presence of both full-length PC and the PC mutant...
- Expression profiling of the estrogen responsive genes in response to phytoestrogens using a customized DNA microarrayRyota Ise
InfoGenes Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0047, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:1732-40. 2005....
- Identification of a novel prenyl and palmitoyl modification at the CaaX motif of Cdc42 that regulates RhoGDI bindingAkiyuki Nishimura
Department of Molecular Medicine, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, New York, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:1417-29. 2013..Prenylated and palmitoylated brain Cdc42 did not interact with RhoGDIα and was enriched in the plasma membrane relative to the classically processed form...
- 14-3-3 proteins interact with a hybrid prenyl-phosphorylation motif to inhibit G proteinsPhilippe Riou
Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, New Hunt s House, King s College London, London, UK
Cell 153:640-53. 2013..Several Rho GTPases are also regulated by RhoGDI binding and sequestering in the cytosol...
- IκB kinase γ/nuclear factor-κB-essential modulator (IKKγ/NEMO) facilitates RhoA GTPase activation, which, in turn, activates Rho-associated KINASE (ROCK) to phosphorylate IKKβ in response to transforming growth factor (TGF)-β1Hee Jun Kim
From the Department of Biochemistry, Hallym University College of Medicine, Chuncheon, Kangwon Do 200 702, Korea
J Biol Chem 289:1429-40. 2014..We observed that RhoA-GTP level was increased by TGF-β1 in RAW264.7 cells. RhoA-GDP and RhoGDI were bound to N- and C-terminal domains of IKKγ, respectively...
- Comparative proteomic analysis of anti-cancer mechanism by periplocin treatment in lung cancer cellsZejun Lu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Naval General Hospital of PLA, Beijing, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 33:859-68. 2014..But the biological processes and molecular pathways by which periplocin induces these beneficial effects remain largely undefined...
- Identification of a novel protein with GDP dissociation inhibitor activity for the ras-like proteins CDC42Hs and rac IC N Adra
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 8:253-61. 1993We have recently cloned the human cDNA for a gene, denoted D4, that encodes a protein 67% identical to the bovine rhoGDI protein, a GDP dissociation inhibitor (GDI) for the ras-related rho-subtype proteins...
- The complex of Arl2-GTP and PDE delta: from structure to functionMichael Hanzal-Bayer
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Abteilung Strukturelle Biologie, Otto Hahn Strasse 11, D 44227 Dortmund, Germany
EMBO J 21:2095-106. 2002..PDE delta is structurally closely related to RhoGDI and contains a deep empty hydrophobic pocket...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha stimulation of Rac1 activity. Role of isoprenylcysteine carboxylmethyltransferaseChristopher Papaharalambus
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 280:18790-6. 2005..of ICMT inhibition on the interaction of Rac1 with its inhibitor, Rho guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI)...
- Rac-ing to the plasma membrane: the long and complex work commute of Rac1 during cell signalingXose R Bustelo
Centro de Investigacion del Cancer, Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, CSIC University of Salamanca, Campus Unamuno, Salamanca, Spain
Small Gtpases 3:60-6. 2012..localizations, activation by GDP/GTP exchange, inactivation by GTP hydrolysis, and re-formation of cytosolic Rac1/RhoGDI inhibitory complexes. Here, we summarize the current knowledge about the regulation of those steps...
- Interplay between PCBP2 and miRNA modulates ARHGDIA expression and function in glioma migration and invasionXihua Lin
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Oncotarget 7:19483-98. 2016..PCBP2 may facilitate miR-151-5p and miR-16 promotion of glioma cell migration and invasion through mitigating the function of ARHGDIA. ..
- BNN27, a 17-Spiroepoxy Steroid Derivative, Interacts With and Activates p75 Neurotrophin Receptor, Rescuing Cerebellar Granule Neurons from ApoptosisIosif Pediaditakis
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of CreteHeraklion, Greece Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation of Research and Technology HellasHeraklion, Greece
Front Pharmacol 7:512. 2016..the recruitment of p75NTR receptor to its effector protein RIP2 and the simultaneous release of RhoGDI in primary neuronal cells...
- Integrin regulation of membrane domain trafficking and Rac targetingA Grande-García
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares CNIC, Ronda de Poniente, 5, 28760 Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
Biochem Soc Trans 33:609-13. 2005..This step is essential for Rac binding to effectors. Integrins increase membrane affinity for Rac, leading to RhoGDI dissociation and effector coupling locally, in the vicinity of activated/bound integrins...
- Mechanisms of statin-mediated inhibition of small G-protein functionAndrew Cordle
Department of Neuroscience, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 280:34202-9. 2005..disrupted the interaction of Rac with its negative regulator the Rho guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI), an interaction that is dependent on protein isoprenylation...
- Secramine inhibits Cdc42-dependent functions in cells and Cdc42 activation in vitroHenry E Pelish
Department of Cell Biology and The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Chem Biol 2:39-46. 2006..Cdc42, a protein involved in membrane traffic, by a mechanism dependent upon the guanine dissociation inhibitor RhoGDI. RhoGDI binds Cdc42 and antagonizes its membrane association, nucleotide exchange and effector binding...
- RhoGDI-1 modulation of the activity of monomeric RhoGTPase RhoA regulates endothelial barrier function in mouse lungsMatvey Gorovoy
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, 835 S Wolcott Ave, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Circ Res 101:50-8. 2007..In the present study, we addressed the in vivo role of RhoGDI-1 in regulating pulmonary microvascular permeability using RhoGDI-1(-/-) mice...
- Stimulus-dependent regulation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase by a VAV1, Rac1, and PAK1 signaling axisKirstine Roepstorff
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2200N Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 283:7983-93. 2008..In contrast PAK1 substrates LIMK-1 or RhoGDI are not likely to contribute to the PAK1 effect on NADPH oxidase activation...
- Synergistic roles of amelogenin and ameloblastinJ Hatakeyama
Functional Genomics Section, Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Biology, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Dent Res 88:318-22. 2009..Proteomic analysis of the double-null teeth revealed increased levels of RhoGDI (Arhgdia), a Rho-family-specific guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor, which is involved in important ..
- Morphological and proliferative abnormalities in renal mesangial cells lacking RhoGDIHeike Bielek
Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, United States
Cell Signal 21:1974-83. 2009..Rho GTPase activities and cytosol-membrane cycling are regulated by Rho GDP Dissociation Inhibitor (RhoGDI), and RhoGDI knockout mice develop defects in kidney structure and function that lead to death due to renal ..
- Functional analysis of RhoGDI inhibitory activity on vacuole membrane fusionMichael R Logan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
Biochem J 434:445-57. 2011..We have shown previously that purified yeast RhoGDI Rdi1p, can inhibit vacuole membrane fusion in vitro...
- Rho kinase-related proteins in human vaginal arteries: an immunohistochemical and functional studyStefan Uckert
Hannover Medical School, Division of Surgery, Dept of Urology and Urological Oncology, Hannover, Germany
J Sex Med 8:2739-45. 2011..Until now, it is not known whether ROKs and related proteins play a role in the control of vaginal blood flow...
- Cell migration: PKA and RhoA set the paceKaren A Newell-Litwa
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Curr Biol 21:R596-8. 2011..PKA activity near the leading edge of protrusions phosphorylates RhoA and inhibits its activity via increased association with RhoGDI.
- ARHGDIA: a novel gene implicated in nephrotic syndromeIndra Rani Gupta
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, Montreal Children s Hospital and McGill University, 2300, rue Tupper E222, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3H 1P3
J Med Genet 50:330-8. 2013..While most cases are due to mutations in one of five genes, in up to 15% of cases, a genetic cause is not identified. We investigated two sisters with a presumed recessive form of congenital nephrotic syndrome...
- Role of the Rho GTPase Rac in the activation of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase: outsourcing a key taskEdgar Pick
Julius Friedrich Cohnheim Laboratory of Phagocyte Research Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology Sackler School of Medicine Tel Aviv University Tel Aviv, Israel
Small Gtpases 5:e27952. 2014..p22(phox)) and 4 cytosolic components: p47(phox), p67(phox), p40(phox), and the small GTPase, Rac, in complex with RhoGDI. Superoxide is produced by the NADPH-driven reduction of molecular oxygen, via a redox gradient located in Nox2...
- Correlation of the Rac1/RhoA pathway with ezrin expression in osteosarcomaCaterina Chiappetta
Department of Medical Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Pathology Unit, ICOT, Sapienza University of Rome, Latina, Italy
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 22:162-70. 2014..Ezrin interacts with RhoGDI by dissociating it from RhoGTPases, which allow GTPases to load with GTP, activate RhoA to increase cell migration,..
- RhoGDI facilitates geranylgeranyltransferase-I-mediated RhoA prenylationZakir Tnimov
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 452:967-73. 2014..One such carrier is Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI)...
- Loss of Rho-GDIα sensitizes podocytes to lipopolysaccharide-mediated injuryRichard Robins
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada and
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 308:F1207-16. 2015....
- Proteomic profiling of SupT1 cells reveal modulation of host proteins by HIV-1 Nef variantsReshu Saxena
Toxicology Division, CSIR Central Drug Research Institute, Sector 10, Janakipuram Extension, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, India
PLoS ONE 10:e0122994. 2015..Downregulation of α-enolase (ENO1), VDAC1 and OTUB1 was more significant by Nef RP01 whereas Cyclophilin A and RhoGDI were found to be more downregulated by Nef RP14...
- Dual regulation by microRNA-200b-3p and microRNA-200b-5p in the inhibition of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in triple-negative breast cancerLyndsay V Rhodes
Department of Biological Sciences, Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, FL, USA
Oncotarget 6:16638-52. 2015..In addition, a compensatory mechanism for miR-200b-3p/200b-5p targeting, where both miRNAs target the RHOGDI pathway leading to non-canonical repression of EMT, was demonstrated...
- Sustainable inflammation transforms hepatic cells by causing oxidative stress injury and potential epithelial-mesenchymal transitionKun Lu
Department of Basic Medicine, Medical College of Xiamen University Cancer Research Center of Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361102, P R China
Int J Oncol 49:971-80. 2016..signaling, signaling by Rho family GTPases, IL-8 signaling, and ILK signaling, as well as the inhibition of RhoGDI signaling...
- Immunological and Functional Characterization of RhoGDI3 and Its Molecular Targets RhoG and RhoB in Human Pancreatic Cancerous and Normal CellsMercedes Piedad de León-Bautista
Departamento de Biomedicina Molecular, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Avenida Instituto Politecnico Nacional 2508, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, C P 07360, Mexico City, Mexico
PLoS ONE 11:e0166370. 2016b>RhoGDI proteins have been implicated in several human cancers; changes in their expression levels have shown pro- or anti-tumorigenic effects...
- Celine DerMardirossian; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will lead to a greater understanding of how these important components of renal function are controlled, ultimately guiding to unique and increasingly selective therapeutic approaches to intervene in nephritic disorders. ..
- Alexander Staruschenko; Fiscal Year: 2016..role of this pathway in the development of salt-sensitive hypertension;2) To establish the physiological role of RhoGDI and Rac1 in regulation of ENaC and determine the role of Rac1 in mediating EGF effects on ENaC;and 3) To define ..
- Role of Rho GDP dissociation inhibitors in androgen signaling in prostate cancerAllen C Gao; Fiscal Year: 2013..androgen signaling in prostate cancer KEYWORDS (MeSH terms only;minimum three) Prostate cancer, androgen receptor, RhoGDI, castration-resistance, proliferation BRIEF STATEMENT OF RESEARCH OBJECTIVES (Do not use continuation sheets) ..
- Keith Burridge; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the final aim, we will focus on the Rho GTPase sequestering protein RhoGDI, which we have recently found contributes to crosstalk between different Rho family members...
- Friedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2016..SA 3. For newly identified SRNS/SSNS genes study the gene function and therapeutic approaches in zebrafish and mouse models, including Coq6-/-. ..
- MECHANISM AND FUNCTION OF PROTEIN PRENYLATIONMark D Distefano; Fiscal Year: 2010..in cancer cells treated with inhibitors of protein prenylation;(5) Augment the affinity of peptides that bind to RhoGDI and study the mechanism by which they cause cell death;(6) Study the effect of prenyl group structure on ..
- G Proteins and Endothelial Barrier RegulationTatyana Voyno Yasenetskaya; Fiscal Year: 2004..effector in signaling the G-alpha 13-induced Rho activation via the Rho guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor, RhoGDI. We will address a new and potentially important signaling pathway for the G-alpha13-dependent Rho activation and ..
- Rapid protein crystallization by surface mutagenesisZygmunt Derewenda; Fiscal Year: 2004..e. Lys and Glu). Preliminary results, obtained with the human protein RhoGDI (Rho Guanine nucleotide Dissociation Inhibitor), the LH domain from PDZ-RhoGEF, and the BH domain from GRAF, show ..
- REGULATION OF NEUTROPHIL FUNCTIONJ Lambeth; Fiscal Year: 2000..plasma membrane and from the cytosol using a combination of immunoprecipitation and extraction with recombinant RhoGDI (GDP Dissociation Inhibitor)...
- G PROTEIN REGULATION OF THE NEUTROPHIL NADPH OXIDASECeline DerMardirossian; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will study how a newly identified group of Src target proteins act to organize Nox assembly and localized activity. Understanding Nox regulation will have important implications for disease therapy. ..
- delta-Catenin and Cell-Cell Adhesion in Prostate CancerQun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the posttranslational modifications that control 8-catenin functions will unravel mechanisms by which S-catenin modulates gene expression and promotes CaP in vivo. ..
- Dynamic Analysis of Rho GTPase-Rho GDI CyclingLeslie M Loew; Fiscal Year: 2010A key regulator of both the Rho GTPase GDP/GTP activity cycle and the cytosol/membrane localization cycle is RhoGDI. Our current understanding of RhoGDI regulation and the dynamics of its interactions with Rho GTPases during in vivo cell ..
- Allosteric, Small-Molecule Inhibitors of Actin Nucleation by the Formin mDia1Jeffrey Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Future work will apply this screen to a much larger compound collection and we envisage applying a similar strategy to develop inhibitors for other formins. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Vav family proteins in cell signaling and cancerXOSE BUSTELO; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Myelin in Spinal Cord RegenerationMarie Filbin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Through these studies a molecular insight will be gained into encouraging axons to regenerate in vivo and possible therapies may be identified. ..
- Delta-Catenin Cleavage by Presenilin and Synaptic RemodelingQun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also lay the foundation for future R01 investigation of the roles of delta-catenin proteolytic fragments in AD pathogenesis. ..
- Myelin Gordon ConferenceMarie Filbin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Each session has 3 or 4 speakers and a discussion leader. ..
- Cofilin/ADF Regulation in Rho GTPase SignalingCeline DerMardirossian; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies will investigate a novel regulator of this important process. In addition, this protein is likely to play important roles in ischemic disorders and other stress responses. ..