Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RbAp48
Description: RB binding protein 4, chromatin remodeling factor
Alias: NURF55, RBAP48, lin-53, histone-binding protein RBBP4, CAF-1 subunit C, CAF-I 48 kDa subunit, CAF-I p48, MSI1 protein homolog, RBBP-4, chromatin assembly factor 1 subunit C, chromatin assembly factor I p48 subunit, chromatin assembly factor/CAF-1 p48 subunit, nucleosome-remodeling factor subunit RBAP48, retinoblastoma-binding protein 4, retinoblastoma-binding protein p48
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- Expression profiles are different in carbon ion-irradiated normal human fibroblasts and their bystander cellsMayumi Iwakawa
RadGenomics Research Group, Research Center for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Chiba, Japan
Mutat Res 642:57-67. 2008....
- The program for processing newly synthesized histones H3.1 and H4Eric I Campos
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:1343-51. 2010..We further demonstrate the high degree of conservation for this pathway between higher and lower eukaryotes...
- Human Sin3 deacetylase and trithorax-related Set1/Ash2 histone H3-K4 methyltransferase are tethered together selectively by the cell-proliferation factor HCF-1Joanna Wysocka
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Genes Dev 17:896-911. 2003..These results suggest that HCF-1 can broadly regulate transcription, both positively and negatively, through selective modulation of chromatin structure...
- Nucleosome assembly activity and intracellular localization of human CAF-1 changes during the cell division cycleK Marheineke
Wellcome Cancer Research Campaign Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom and the Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:15279-86. 1998..In mitosis, the p60 subunit of inactive CAF-1 is hyperphosphorylated, whereas active CAF-1 in interphase contains hypophosphorylated and/or phosphorylated forms of p60...
- Increased interaction between DJ-1 and the Mi-2/ nucleosome remodelling and deacetylase complex during cellular stressJill A Opsahl
Proteomic Unit PROBE, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Proteomics 10:1494-504. 2010..The observed interaction between DJ-1 and the NuRD complex may give new clues to how DJ-1 can protect cells from p53-dependent cell death...
- Homo-oligomerisation and nuclear localisation of mouse histone deacetylase 1J Taplick
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Division of Molecular Biology, Vienna Biocenter, University of Vienna, Austria
J Mol Biol 308:27-38. 2001..Furthermore, the same HDAC1 domain is also necessary for in vitro binding of HDAC2 and HDAC3, association with RbAp48 and for catalytic activity of the enzyme...
- The mammalian heterochromatin protein 1 binds diverse nuclear proteins through a common motif that targets the chromoshadow domainMark S Lechner
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:929-37. 2005..Thus, this spectrum of direct binding partners suggests an expanded role for HP1 as factor participating in promoter-enhancer communication, chromatin remodeling/assembly, and sub-nuclear compartmentalization...
- Histone deacetylase 1 phosphorylation at S421 and S423 is constitutive in vivo, but dispensable in vitroPaulina Karwowska-Desaulniers
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, 5101 Cass Avenue, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:349-55. 2007..of HDAC1 demonstrated that binding to Sin3A is promoted by S421 and S423 phosphorylation, while interaction with RbAp48 is not...
- ALL-1 is a histone methyltransferase that assembles a supercomplex of proteins involved in transcriptional regulationTatsuya Nakamura
Kimmel Cancer Center and Department of Microbiology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mol Cell 10:1119-28. 2002..In parallel, H3-K4 is methylated, and histones H3 and H4 are acetylated at this promoter...
- A CAF-1 dependent pool of HP1 during heterochromatin duplicationJean Pierre Quivy
Institut Curie, Section de Recherche, UMR218 du CNRS, 26, Paris, France
EMBO J 23:3516-26. 2004....
- A novel nuclear receptor corepressor complex, N-CoR, contains components of the mammalian SWI/SNF complex and the corepressor KAP-1C Underhill
Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Oncology, and Biochemistry, Cancer Research Laboratories, London Regional Cancer Centre, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:40463-70. 2000..These results suggest that N-CoR is found in distinct multiprotein complexes, which are involved in multiple pathways of transcriptional repression...
- A retinoblastoma-binding protein related to a negative regulator of Ras in yeastY W Qian
Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Texas, Health Science Center, San Antonio 78245 3207
Nature 364:648-52. 1993..Here we report the isolation of a full-length complementary DNA (RbAp48) encoding p48...
- Nucleosome assembly by a complex of CAF-1 and acetylated histones H3/H4A Verreault
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724, USA
Cell 87:95-104. 1996..Our data suggest that CAC is a key intermediate of the de novo nucleosome assembly pathway and that the p48 subunit participates in other aspects of histone metabolism...
- Histone deacetylase activity is required for full transcriptional repression by mSin3AC A Hassig
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Cell 89:341-7. 1997..mSin3A-targeted repression of a reporter gene is reduced by trapoxin treatment, suggesting that histone deacetylation mediates transcriptional repression through Mad-Max-mSin3A multimeric complexes...
- Histone deacetylases and SAP18, a novel polypeptide, are components of a human Sin3 complexY Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854, USA
Cell 89:357-64. 1997..Moreover, we demonstrate a direct interaction between SAP18 and mSin3. SAP18 represses transcription in vivo when tethered to the promoter, consistent with the ability of SAP18 to interact with mSin3...
- Nucleosomal DNA regulates the core-histone-binding subunit of the human Hat1 acetyltransferaseA Verreault
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, P O Box 100, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Curr Biol 8:96-108. 1998..The identification of enzymes mediating site-specific acetylation of H4 at Lys5 and Lys12 may help explain the function of the acetylation of newly synthesized histones...
- A role for histone deacetylase activity in HDAC1-mediated transcriptional repressionC A Hassig
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3519-24. 1998..A subset of these mutations also cause a decreased interaction with the HDAC1-associated proteins RbAp48 and mSin3A...
- SAP30, a novel protein conserved between human and yeast, is a component of a histone deacetylase complexY Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Mol Cell 1:1021-31. 1998..complex that includes Sin3, the histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2, histone binding proteins RbAp46 and RbAp48, as well as other polypeptides...
- The dermatomyositis-specific autoantigen Mi2 is a component of a complex containing histone deacetylase and nucleosome remodeling activitiesY Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854, USA
Cell 95:279-89. 1998..The finding that Mi2beta exists in a complex containing histone deacetylase and nucleosome remodeling activities suggests a role for chromatin reorganization in cancer metastasis...
- Chromatin deacetylation by an ATP-dependent nucleosome remodelling complexJ K Tong
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 395:917-21. 1998..Our results establish a physical and functional link between the distinct chromatin-modifying activities of histone deacetylases and nucleosome remodelling proteins...
- NURD, a novel complex with both ATP-dependent chromatin-remodeling and histone deacetylase activitiesY Xue
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, National Institute of Health, Gerontology Research Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Mol Cell 2:851-61. 1998..These results suggest that ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling can participate in transcriptional repression by assisting repressors in gaining access to chromatin...
- Analysis of the NuRD subunits reveals a histone deacetylase core complex and a connection with DNA methylationY Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute HHMI, Division of Nucleic Acids Enzymology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genes Dev 13:1924-35. 1999..The histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2 and the histone binding proteins RbAp48 and RbAp46 form a core complex shared between NuRD and Sin3-histone deacetylase complexes...
- RbAp48 belongs to the histone deacetylase complex that associates with the retinoblastoma proteinE Nicolas
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, UPR 9006 CNRS, 118 route de Narbonne, 31 062 Toulouse Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 275:9797-804. 2000..The Rb-associated protein RbAp48 belongs to many histone deacetylase complexes...
- ATP-Dependent histone octamer mobilization and histone deacetylation mediated by the Mi-2 chromatin remodeling complexD Guschin
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Building 18T, Room 106, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5431, USA
Biochemistry 39:5238-45. 2000..Here, we use a purified Mi-2 complex containing six components, Mi-2, Mta 1-like, p66, RbAp48, RPD3, and MBD3, to investigate the capacity of this complex to destabilize histone-DNA interactions and ..
- The histone deacetylase HDAC3 targets RbAp48 to the retinoblastoma proteinE Nicolas
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire Eucaryote, UMR 5099 CNRS, 118 route de Narbonne, F 31062 Toulouse Cedex, France and Institut André Lwoff, UPR 9079 CNRS, Villejuif, France
Nucleic Acids Res 29:3131-6. 2001..Recently, we have shown that the Rb-associated histone deacetylase complex contains RbAp48 protein, which interacts with HDAC1 and HDAC2...
- Identification and functional characterization of the p66/p68 components of the MeCP1 complexQin Feng
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:536-46. 2002..The identification and characterization of all the MeCP1 components set the stage for reconstitution of the MeCP1 complex...
- Histone methyltransferase activity associated with a human multiprotein complex containing the Enhancer of Zeste proteinAndrei Kuzmichev
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Nucleic Acids Enzymology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Genes Dev 16:2893-905. 2002..complex that contains extra sex combs, suppressor of zeste-12 [Su(z)12], and the histone binding proteins RbAp46/RbAp48. This complex, which we termed Polycomb repressive complex (PRC) 2, possesses HMT activity with specificity for ..
- Isolation of human NURF: a regulator of Engrailed gene expressionOrr Barak
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
EMBO J 22:6089-100. 2003..Furthermore, we show that hNURF potentiates neurite outgrowth in cell culture. Taken together, our data suggess a role for an ISWI complex in neuronal growth...
- Histone H3.1 and H3.3 complexes mediate nucleosome assembly pathways dependent or independent of DNA synthesisHideaki Tagami
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 116:51-61. 2004..This finding provides new insights into possible mechanisms for maintenance of epigenetic information after chromatin duplication...
- Essential role of chromatin assembly factor-1-mediated rapid nucleosome assembly for DNA replication and cell division in vertebrate cellsYasunari Takami
Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Medical Sciences, Miyazaki Medical College, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 18:129-41. 2007..These observations highlighted the essential role of CAF-1-dependent nucleosome assembly in DNA replication and cell proliferation through its interaction with PCNA...
- TOPORS functions as a SUMO-1 E3 ligase for chromatin-modifying proteinsPooja Pungaliya
Department of Pharmacology, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
J Proteome Res 6:3918-23. 2007..Transfection studies confirmed mammalian Sin3A as a sumoylation substrate for TOPORS. These findings suggest that TOPORS may function as a tumor suppressor by regulating mSin3A and other proteins involved in chromatin modification...
- The zinc finger and C-terminal domains of MTA proteins are required for FOG-2-mediated transcriptional repression via the NuRD complexAndrea E Roche
The Committee on Developmental Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:352-60. 2008..we demonstrate that Metastasis-Associated proteins (MTA)-1, 2 and 3 and Retinoblastoma binding proteins RbAp46 and RbAp48 interact with FOG-2, but not with a mutant form of FOG-2 that is unable to repress transcription...
- LSD1 is a subunit of the NuRD complex and targets the metastasis programs in breast cancerYan Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
Cell 138:660-72. 2009..By enlisting LSD1, the NuRD complex expands its chromatin remodeling capacity to include ATPase, histone deacetylase, and histone demethylase...
- Ageing-related chromatin defects through loss of the NURD complexGianluca Pegoraro
National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nat Cell Biol 11:1261-7. 2009..These results outline a molecular mechanism for chromatin defects during ageing...
- JARID2 regulates binding of the Polycomb repressive complex 2 to target genes in ES cellsDiego Pasini
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Nature 464:306-10. 2010..Thus, these results demonstrate that JARID2 is essential for the binding of PcG proteins to target genes and, consistent with this, for the proper differentiation of embryonic stem cells and normal development...
- CDK2AP1/DOC-1 is a bona fide subunit of the Mi-2/NuRD complexCornelia G Spruijt
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Cancer Genomics Centre, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Biosyst 6:1700-6. 2010..Finally, immunofluorescence experiments reveal co-localization between MBD2 and DOC-1 in mouse NIH-3T3 nuclei. Collectively, these results indicate that DOC-1 is a bona fide subunit of the Mi-2/NuRD chromatin remodeling complex...
- Human cytomegalovirus UL29/28 protein interacts with components of the NuRD complex which promote accumulation of immediate-early RNAScott S Terhune
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000965. 2010..We propose that pUL29/28 modifies the NuRD complex to stimulate the accumulation of immediate-early RNAs...
- Insights into association of the NuRD complex with FOG-1 from the crystal structure of an RbAp48·FOG-1 complexSara Lejon
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:1196-203. 2011..Here, we present the 1.9 Å resolution crystal structure of the NuRD subunit RbAp48 bound to the 15 N-terminal amino acids of the GATA-1 cofactor FOG-1...
- Structural plasticity of histones H3-H4 facilitates their allosteric exchange between RbAp48 and ASF1Wei Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 20:29-35. 2013..end we have studied the interaction of the histone H3-H4 complex with the human retinoblastoma-associated protein RbAp48 and their exchange with a second histone chaperone, anti-silencing function protein 1 (ASF1)...
- MTA3, a Mi-2/NuRD complex subunit, regulates an invasive growth pathway in breast cancerNaoyuki Fujita
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, Room 142, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cell 113:207-19. 2003..These results establish a mechanistic link between estrogen receptor status and invasive growth of breast cancers...
- The metastasis-associated proteins 1 and 2 form distinct protein complexes with histone deacetylase activityYa Li Yao
Institute of Zoology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 278:42560-8. 2003..However, MTA3 does not repress transcription to a significant level and appears to have a diffused pattern of subcellular localization, suggesting a biological role distinct from that of the other two MTA proteins...
- Genes encoding Pir51, Beclin 1, RbAp48 and aldolase b are up or down-regulated in human primary hepatocellular carcinomaHai Song
P O Box 35, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:509-13. 2004..To reveal new tumor markers and target genes from differentially expressed genes of primary tumor samples using cDNA microarray...
- Stable histone deacetylase complexes distinguished by the presence of SANT domain proteins CoREST/kiaa0071 and Mta-L1G W Humphrey
Laboratory of Molecular Growth Regulation, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2753, USA
J Biol Chem 276:6817-24. 2001..Complex cII (15 S) contained >/=15 proteins, including CHD3/4 (Mi-2), Mta-L1, RbAp48/46, and MBD3, characteristic of vertebrate nucleosome-remodeling complexes...
- Functional analysis of the SIN3-histone deacetylase RPD3-RbAp48-histone H4 connection in the Xenopus oocyteD Vermaak
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5431, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:5847-60. 1999..Endogenous Xenopus RPD3 is present in nuclear and cytoplasmic pools, whereas RbAp48 and SIN3 are predominantly nuclear...
- Multiple N-CoR complexes contain distinct histone deacetylasesP L Jones
Unit of Molecular Morphogenesis, Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5431, USA
J Biol Chem 276:8807-11. 2001..One complex contains Sin3, Rpd3, and RbAp48; the second complex contains a Sin3-independent histone deacetylase; and the third complex lacks histone ..
- Nucleosome binding and histone methyltransferase activity of Drosophila PRC2Maxim Nekrasov
Gene Expression Programme, EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO Rep 6:348-53. 2005..exists in a multiprotein complex called Polycomb repressive complex 2 (PRC2) that also contains Su(z)12, Esc and Nurf55. Reconstituted recombinant PRC2 methylates nucleosomes in vitro, but recombinant E(z) on its own shows only poor ..
- Barrier-to-autointegration factor proteome reveals chromatin-regulatory partnersRocio Montes De Oca
Department of Cell Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7050. 2009..from HeLa cells for seven candidates including Requiem, poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 (PARP1), retinoblastoma binding protein 4 (RBBP4), damage-specific DNA binding protein 1 (DDB1) and DDB2...
- Histone deacetylase-dependent transcriptional repression by pRB in yeast occurs independently of interaction through the LXCXE binding cleftB K Kennedy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:8720-5. 2001..In addition to RPD3, repression by pRB in yeast requires MSI1, an ortholog of RbAp48, but not SIN3 or SAP30...
- Characterization of gene expression in major types of salivary gland carcinomas with epithelial differentiationIlmo Leivo
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 21 Haartmaninkatu 3, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 156:104-13. 2005..The array results were validated by RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry...
- Retinoblastoma and its binding partner MSI1 control imprinting in ArabidopsisPauline E Jullien
Chromatin and Reproduction Group, Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
PLoS Biol 6:e194. 2008..we show that in addition to DME, the plant homologs of the human Retinoblastoma (Rb) and its binding partner RbAp48 are required for the activation of the imprinted genes FIS2 and FWA...
- Novel role for RbAp48 in tissue-specific, estrogen deficiency-dependent apoptosis in the exocrine glandsNaozumi Ishimaru
Department of Oral Molecular Pathology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3 Kuramotocho, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 26:2924-35. 2006..Here we show that RbAp48 overexpression induces p53-mediated apoptosis in the exocrine glands caused by estrogen deficiency...
- The p55 subunit of Drosophila chromatin assembly factor 1 is homologous to a histone deacetylase-associated proteinJ K Tyler
Department of Biology and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0347, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:6149-59. 1996..The p55 polypeptide comprises seven WD repeat motifs and is homologous to the mammalian RbAp48 protein, which is associated with the HD1 histone deacetylase...
- CAC3(MSI1) suppression of RAS2(G19V) is independent of chromatin assembly factor I and mediated by NPR1S D Johnston
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:1784-94. 2001Cac3p/Msi1p, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae homolog of retinoblastoma-associated protein 48 (RbAp48), is a component of chromatin assembly factor I (CAF-I), a complex that assembles histones H3 and H4 onto replicated DNA...
- Immunotherapeutic targets in estrogen deficiency-dependent Sjögren's syndrome-related manifestationsRieko Arakaki
Department of Oral Molecular Pathology, Institute of Health Bioscencse, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3 Kuramotocho, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Immunotherapy 2:339-46. 2010..We found that RbAp48 overexpression induces p53-mediated apoptosis in the exocrine glands depending on estrogen deficiency...
- A conserved family of WD-40 proteins binds to the retinoblastoma protein in both plants and animalsR A Ach
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720 3102, USA
Plant Cell 9:1595-606. 1997..Two closely related mammalian RB binding proteins, RbAp48 and RbAp46, share sequence homology with the Msi1 protein of yeast...
- Reassembling proteins and chaperones in human nuclear matrix protein fractionsC Gerner
Institute of Cancer Research, University of Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biochem 74:145-51. 1999..They consisted of a protein exhibiting a novel amino acid sequence; of nuclear lamin B2, RbAp46, and RbAp48; and of four as yet unknown proteins...
- E2F6 negatively regulates BRCA1 in human cancer cells without methylation of histone H3 on lysine 9Matthew J Oberley
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 1400 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 278:42466-76. 2003..Specifically, our results suggest that E2F6 represses transcription of the brca1, ctip, art27, hp1alpha, and the rbap48 genes...
- MBD2 is a critical component of a methyl cytosine-binding protein complex isolated from primary erythroid cellsEvan P Kransdorf
Department of Internal Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, 401 College Street, PO Box 980037, Richmond, VA 23298 0037, USA
Blood 108:2836-45. 2006..Four components of the MeCP1 transcriptional repression complex were identified: MBD2, RBAP48, HDAC2, and MTA1...
- Epigenetic silencers are enriched in dormant desert frog muscleNicholas J Hudson
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
J Comp Physiol B 178:729-34. 2008..methyltransferase 1, methyl CpG binding protein 2, chromodomain helicase DNA binding protein 4, histone binding protein rbbp4, histone deacetylase 1 and nuclear receptor co-repressor 2] using qRT-PCR...
- Growth hormone (GH) action in the developing lung: changes in lung proteins after adenoviral GH overexpressionJason A Beyea
Department of Physiology and Perinatal Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Dev Dyn 234:404-12. 2005..of mouse GH, as were the concentrations of beta subunit G-protein calponin 2, beta-5 tubulin, retinoblastoma binding protein 4, and fetuin A...
- Chaperone-mediated assembly of centromeric chromatin in vitroTakehito Furuyama
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6172-7. 2006..led to purification of the same complex, which consists of CenH3, histone H4, and a single protein chaperone, RbAp48, a highly abundant component of various chromatin assembly, remodeling, and modification complexes...
- AtMSI4 and RbAp48 WD-40 repeat proteins bind metal ionsA L Kenzior
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 65211, USA
FEBS Lett 440:425-9. 1998The mammalian RbAp48 protein is the most extensively studied member of the conserved family of Msi1-like WD-40 repeat proteins, which are components of complexes involved in the assembly and modification of chromatin...
- lin-35 and lin-53, two genes that antagonize a C. elegans Ras pathway, encode proteins similar to Rb and its binding protein RbAp48X Lu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Cell 95:981-91. 1998..lin-53 encodes a protein similar to RbAp48, a mammalian protein that binds Rb...
- Chromatin remodeling factors and BRM/BRG1 expression as prognostic indicators in non-small cell lung cancerJunya Fukuoka
Laboratory of Population Genetics, Biometric Research Branch, Center for Bioinformatics, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4314-24. 2004..mSin3A, HDAC1, and HAT1 clustered together, whereas nuclear signals of BRG1, BAF155, HDAC2, BAF170, and RbAP48 formed a second cluster...
- Role of hPHF1 in H3K27 methylation and Hox gene silencingRu Cao
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:1862-72. 2008..The EED-EZH2 complex, containing the core subunits EZH2, EED, SUZ12, and RbAp48, functions as a histone H3K27-specific methyltransferase...
- Salivary gland and autoimmunityYoshio Hayashi
Department of Oral Molecular Pathology, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 56:185-91. 2009..We found that retinoblastoma-associated protein RbAp48 overexpression induces p53-mediated apoptosis in the salivary glands caused by estrogen deficiency...
- Caenorhabditis elegans lin-13, a member of the LIN-35 Rb class of genes involved in vulval development, encodes a protein with zinc fingers and an LXCXE motifA Melendez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genetics 155:1127-37. 2000..One group of SynMuv genes, termed class B, includes genes encoding proteins related to the tumor suppressor Rb and RbAp48, a protein that binds Rb. Here, we provide genetic evidence that lin-13 behaves as a class B SynMuv gene...
- CTIP2 associates with the NuRD complex on the promoter of p57KIP2, a newly identified CTIP2 target geneAcharawan Topark-Ngarm
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Biol Chem 281:32272-83. 2006..CTIP2 was found to associate with the NuRD complex through direct interaction with both RbAp46 and RbAp48, and components of the NuRD complex were found to be recruited to an artificial promoter template in a CTIP2-..
- Evolutionarily conserved multisubunit RBL2/p130 and E2F4 protein complex represses human cell cycle-dependent genes in quiescenceLarisa Litovchick
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 26:539-51. 2007..This work reveals an evolutionarily conserved multisubunit protein complex that contains p130 and E2F4, but not pRB, and mediates the repression of cell cycle-dependent genes in quiescence...
- LINC, a human complex that is related to pRB-containing complexes in invertebrates regulates the expression of G2/M genesFabienne Schmit
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Cell Cycle 6:1903-13. 2007..The LINC core complex consists of at least five subunits including the chromatin-associated LIN-9 and RbAp48 proteins. LINC dynamically associates with pocket proteins, E2F and B-MYB during the cell cycle...
- Histone acetyltransferase-1 regulates integrity of cytosolic histone H3-H4 containing complexHirak Kumar Barman
Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Miyazaki, 8200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:624-30. 2008..Here, using chicken DT 40 cytosolic extracts, we found that histones H3/H4 and their chaperone Asf1, including RbAp48, a regulatory subunit of Hat1 enzyme, were associated with Hat1...
- Alternative splicing of NURF301 generates distinct NURF chromatin remodeling complexes with altered modified histone binding specificitiesSo Yeon Kwon
Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 5:e1000574. 2009..This truncated NURF301 isoform assembles a complex containing ISWI, NURF55, and NURF38, indicating that a second class of NURF remodeling complex, deficient in H3K4me3 and H4K16Ac ..
- [Gene expression profiling in prediction of tumor response to neoadjuvant concomitant chemoradiotherapy in patients with locally advanced rectal carcinoma: pilot study]I Garajova
klinika komplexní onkologické péce, Masarykův Onkologický ústav, Brno
Cas Lek Cesk 147:381-6. 2008..It is based on fluoropyrimidines (5-fluorouracil, capecitabine) with concurrent radiotherapy. The aim of the study was to evaluate the capability of gene expression method to identify nonresponders (NR) pretherapeutically...
- Genomewide gene expression profiles of HPV-positive and HPV-negative oropharyngeal cancer: potential implications for treatment choicesPawadee Lohavanichbutr
Program in Epidemiology, Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Mail Stop M5 C800, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:180-8. 2009..To study the difference in gene expression between human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive and HPV-negative oral cavity and oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC)...
- The major cytoplasmic histone acetyltransferase in yeast: links to chromatin replication and histone metabolismM R Parthun
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Cell 87:85-94. 1996..Hat2p, which is required for high affinity binding of the acetyltransferase to histone H4, is highly related to Rbap48, which is a subunit of the chromatin assembly factor, CAF-1, and copurifies with the human histone deacetylase HD1...
- Inorganic pyrophosphatase is a component of the Drosophila nucleosome remodeling factor complexD A Gdula
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255 USA
Genes Dev 12:3206-16. 1998..Another subunit, NURF-55, is a 55-kD WD repeat protein homologous to the human retinoblastoma-associated protein RbAp48. Here, we report the cloning and characterization of the smallest (38 kD) component of NURF...
- Purification and properties of the Xenopus Hat1 acetyltransferase: association with the 14-3-3 proteins in the oocyte nucleusA Imhof
Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5431, USA
Biochemistry 38:13085-93. 1999..The holoenzyme contains the catalytic subunit Hat1, the retinoblastoma associated protein RbAp48, and members of the phosphoserine binding family of 14-3-3 proteins...
- The MeCP1 complex represses transcription through preferential binding, remodeling, and deacetylating methylated nucleosomesQ Feng
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
Genes Dev 15:827-32. 2001..Thus, our study defines the MeCP1 complex, and provides biochemical evidence linking nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylation to methylated gene silencing...
- Histone deacetylase 1 phosphorylation promotes enzymatic activity and complex formationM K Pflum
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Biol Chem 276:47733-41. 2001..Our results reinforce the importance of protein associations in modulating HDAC1 function and provide the first step toward characterizing the role of post-translational modifications in regulating HDAC activity in vivo...
- Ume1p represses meiotic gene transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae through interaction with the histone deacetylase Rpd3pMichael J Mallory
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 278:44727-34. 2003Ume1p is a member of a conserved protein family including RbAp48 that associates with histone deacetylases...
- Mis16 and Mis18 are required for CENP-A loading and histone deacetylation at centromeresTakeshi Hayashi
Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, 606 8502, Japan
Cell 118:715-29. 2004..In contrast, Mis15, Mis16 (strong similarity with human RbAp48 and RbAp46), Mis17, and Mis18 are all part of the CENP-A recruitment pathway...
- Bmi-1 over-expression plays a secondary role in chronic myeloid leukemia transformationMichaela Merkerova
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Department of Molecular Genetics, Prague, Unemocnice 1, 128 20 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Leuk Lymphoma 48:793-801. 2007..Despite the fact that Bmi-1 deregulation occurs in CML and its expression is connected to several oncogenic processes, Bmi-1 seems to play a secondary role in CML transformation...
- USF1 recruits histone modification complexes and is critical for maintenance of a chromatin barrierSuming Huang
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0540, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7991-8002. 2007..These results show that USF1 plays a direct role in maintaining the barrier, supporting a model in which the insulator works as a barrier by maintaining a local environment of active chromatin...
- An RbAp48-like gene regulates adult stem cells in planariansLucia Bonuccelli
Dipartimento di Morfologia Umana e Biologia Applicata, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Cell Sci 123:690-8. 2010Retinoblastoma-associated proteins 46 and 48 (RbAp46 and RbAp48) are factors that are components of different chromatin-modelling complexes, such as polycomb repressive complex 2, the activity of which is related to epigenetic gene ..
- The phosphatase interactor NIPP1 regulates the occupancy of the histone methyltransferase EZH2 at Polycomb targetsNele Van Dessel
Laboratory of Biosignaling and Therapeutics, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, KULeuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 38:7500-12. 2010..We propose that NIPP1 associates with a subset of PcG targets in a PP1-dependent manner and thereby contributes to the recruitment of the PRC2 complex...
- Candidate genes in ocular dominance plasticityM Liset Rietman
Department of Molecular Visual Plasticity, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, An Institute of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences Amsterdam, Netherlands
Front Neurosci 6:11. 2012..Whether all these novel candidates indeed function in OD plasticity remains to be established, but possible roles of some of them are discussed in the article...
- Rifaximin-mediated changes to the epithelial cell proteome: 2-D gel analysisCaroline Schrodt
Center for Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e68550. 2013..These data suggested that in addition to its antimicrobial properties, rifaximin may alter host cell physiology that provides cytoprotective effects against bacterial pathogens. ..
- Lead discovery for Alzheimer's disease related target protein RbAp48 from traditional Chinese medicineHung jin Huang
Department of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences and Chinese Medicine Resources, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
Biomed Res Int 2014:764946. 2014Deficiency or loss of function of Retinoblastoma-associated proteins (RbAp48) is related with Alzheimer's disease (AD), and AD disease is associated with age-related memory loss...
- RBBP4 regulates histone deacetylation and bipolar spindle assembly during oocyte maturation in the mouseAhmed Z Balboula
Department of Genetics, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Theriogenology Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Biol Reprod 92:105. 2015..To our knowledge, these results are the first to identify RBBP4 as a regulator of histone deacetylation during oocyte maturation, and they provide evidence that deacetylation is required for bipolar spindle assembly through AURKC. ..
- MiR-429 increases the metastatic capability of HCC via regulating classic Wnt pathway rather than epithelial-mesenchymal transitionJing Tang
National Center for Liver Cancer, Shanghai, China Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200438, China
Cancer Lett 364:33-43. 2015..In summary, our results here defined miR-429 as a key inducer for HCC pathogenesis and metastasis with potential utility for tumor intervention. ..
- RbAp48 Is Critical for the Proliferation of Hypopharyngeal CarcinomaXiaohui Bai
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Shandong Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, PR China
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 77:310-9. 2015Emerging evidence has indicated the significance of RbAp48 in tumorigenesis...
- [Functional Analysis of GATA4 Complex, a Cardiac Hypertrophy-response Transcriptional Factor, Using a Proteomics Approach]Yoichi Sunagawa
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka
Yakugaku Zasshi 136:151-6. 2016..the core factor of positive transcription elongation factor b) and retinoblastoma-association protein 48/46 (RbAp48/46: the co-repressor complexes containing HDAC1/2), regulate the p300/GATA4-mediated signaling pathway and ..
- Grifola frondosa Glycoprotein GFG-3a Arrests S phase, Alters Proteome, and Induces Apoptosis in Human Gastric Cancer CellsFengjie Cui
a School of Food and Biological Engineering, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, China
Nutr Cancer 68:267-79. 2016..These findings might provide a basis to prevent or treat human gastric cancer with GFG-3a and understand the tumor-inhibitory molecular mechanisms of mushroom glycoproteins. ..
- Genome-Wide Analysis of Gene Regulatory Networks of the FVE-HDA6-FLD Complex in ArabidopsisChun Wei Yu
Institute of Plant Biology, College of Life Science, National Taiwan University Taipei, Taiwan
Front Plant Sci 7:555. 2016FVE/MSI4 is a homolog of the mammalian RbAp48 protein. We found that FVE regulates flowering time by repressing FLC through decreasing histone H3K4 trimethylation and H3 acetylation...
- RbAp48, a novel inhibitory factor that regulates the transcription of human immunodeficiency virus type 1Juan Wang
State Key Laboratory for Diagnosis and Treatment of Infectious Diseases, The First Afﬁliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310003, P R China
Int J Mol Med 38:267-74. 2016Retinoblastoma binding protein 4 (RbAp48) is a histone chaperone which has been suggested to play a role in gene silencing...
- A comprehensive screen for chicken proteins that interact with proteins unique to virulent strains of Marek's disease virusM Niikura
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Poult Sci 83:1117-23. 2004..Taken together, our results indicate that integrated genomic methods provide a powerful strategy to gain insights on complex biological processes and yield a manageable number of genes and pathways for further characterization...
- Routine expression profiling of microarray gene signatures in acute leukaemia by real-time PCR of human bone marrowEbrahim Sakhinia
Division of Laboratory and Regenerative Medicine, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Haematol 130:233-48. 2005..01) were increased in AML in the CD34(+) and CD34(-) fractions, respectively. c-MYB, hSNF2, RBAP48, HKRT-1, LYN, CD33, Adipsin and HOXA9 were increased in AML compared with remission AML, indicating an ability to ..
- Human Asf1 regulates the flow of S phase histones during replicational stressAnja Groth
Institute of Cancer Biology, The Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell 17:301-11. 2005....
- Chromatin boundaries require functional collaboration between the hSET1 and NURF complexesXingguo Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Blood 118:1386-94. 2011..Therefore, our data reveal a synergistic role of hSET1 and NURF in regulating the USF-bound barrier insulator to prevent erythroid genes from encroachment of heterochromatin...
- The MuvB complex sequentially recruits B-Myb and FoxM1 to promote mitotic gene expressionSubhashini Sadasivam
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Genes Dev 26:474-89. 2012..Our results reveal a novel role for the MuvB complex in recruiting B-Myb and FoxM1 to promote late cell cycle gene expression and in regulating cell cycle gene expression from quiescence through mitosis...
- Codanin-1, mutated in the anaemic disease CDAI, regulates Asf1 function in S-phase histone supplyKatrine Ask
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre BRIC, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
EMBO J 31:2013-23. 2012..This function is compromised by two CDAI mutations that impair complex formation with Asf1, providing insight into the molecular basis for CDAI disease...
- ROLE OF CHROMATIN REMODELERS IN B AND T CELL DEVELOPMENTSAID SIF; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- James A DeCaprio; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will test if two protein complexes termed DREAM and NuRD that bind to p130 and p107 are also inactivated by T Ag and determine if DREAM and NuRD also serve as tumor suppressors. ..
- Thuy L Phung; Fiscal Year: 2014..investigate the opposing functions of Akt1 and Akt3 in hemangioma, and (2) to determine the role of retinoblastoma binding protein 4 in mediating the function of Akt3...
- Effects of human SWI/SNF-associated PRMT5 on lymphomagenesisSAID SIF; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..