Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RARG
Description: retinoic acid receptor gamma
Alias: NR1B3, RARC, retinoic acid receptor gamma, RAR-gamma, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group B member 3, retinoic acid nuclear receptor gamma variant 1, retinoic acid nuclear receptor gamma variant 2
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- Impact of previous abdominal surgery on robot-assisted radical cystectomyBertram E Yuh
Department of Urology, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
JSLS 13:398-405. 2009We analyzed the effect of previous abdominal surgery (PAS) on consecutive patients who underwent robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC).
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy: intermediate survival results at a mean follow-up of 25 monthsAaron D Martin
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ, USA
BJU Int 105:1706-9. 2010To assess the overall and disease-specific survival rates of patients undergoing robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) compared with historical open cystectomy.
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy: recent advances and review of the literatureMichael E Woods
Department of Urology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Curr Opin Urol 20:125-9. 2010Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) continues to provide a minimally invasive option to the management of bladder cancer. Its utilization appears to be steadily increasing...
- LIM kinase 1 - dependent cofilin 1 pathway and actin dynamics mediate nuclear retinoid receptor function in T lymphocytesMohammad Ishaq
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, SAIC Frederick, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
BMC Mol Biol 12:41. 2011..Here we have investigated the role of actin dynamics and the effect of actin cytoskeleton modifying agents on retinoid receptor-mediated transactivation...
- Modulation of aromatase expression in the breast tissue by ERR alpha-1 orphan receptorC Yang
Division of Immunology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Cancer Res 58:5695-700. 1998..of the positive clones encode for ERR alpha-1, and other positive clones include EAR-2, EAR-3 (COUP-TF1), RAR gamma, and p120E4F...
- Vinexin beta interacts with the non-phosphorylated AF-1 domain of retinoid receptor gamma (RARgamma) and represses RARgamma-mediated transcriptionGaétan Bour
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM Universite Louis Pasteur, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7104, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 280:17027-37. 2005..We propose a model in which phosphorylation of the AF-1 domain controls RARgamma-mediated transcription through triggering the dissociation of vinexin beta...
- Genomic antagonism between retinoic acid and estrogen signaling in breast cancerSujun Hua
Institute for Genomics and Systems Biology and Department of Human Genetics, The University of Chicago, 920 East 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Cell 137:1259-71. 2009....
- Hoxd4 and Rarg interact synergistically in the specification of the cervical vertebraeA Folberg
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mech Dev 89:65-74. 1999We show that, relative to single null mutants, mice bearing mutations in both Hoxd4 and Rarg display malformations of the basioccipital bone, and first (C1) and second cervical vertebrae (C2) at increased penetrance and expressivity, ..
- Gene and microRNA expression in p53-deficient day 8.5 mouse embryosHiromi Hosako
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, 434 VMR Building, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:546-55. 2009..Here we attempt to identify genes and microRNAs (miRNAs) modified by deletion of p53 in day 8.5 mouse embryos...
- Male-to-male transmission in Laurin-Sandrow syndrome and exclusion of RARB and RARGKlaus W Kjaer
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, Wilhelm Johannsen Center for Functional Genome Research, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute 24 4, Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Am J Med Genet A 137:148-52. 2005..formation and early in limb formation we identified retinoic acid receptor B (RARB) and retinoic acid receptor G (RARG) as possible candidate genes and sequenced bidirectionally including all exons and intron-exon bounders...
- Robot-assisted extended pelvic lymphadenectomyMichael Woods
Department of Urology, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Endourol 22:1297-302. 2008..To evaluate perioperative and pathologic outcomes of patients undergoing robot-assisted extended pelvic lymphadenectomy for bladder cancer...
- Linkage mapping of the retinoic acid receptor-gamma gene to porcine chromosome 5L Messer
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011 3150, USA
Anim Genet 27:175-7. 1996The porcine retinoic acid receptor-gamma gene (RARG) has been mapped by restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis to porcine chromosome 5...
- Highly twisted adamantyl arotinoids: synthesis, antiproliferative effects and RXR transactivation profilesSantiago Pérez-Rodríguez
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Universidade de Vigo, Lagoas Marcosende, 36310 Vigo, Spain
Eur J Med Chem 44:2434-46. 2009..arotinoids) have been described with selective activities towards the retinoid receptors as agonists for NR1B2 and NR1B3 (RARbeta,gamma) (CD437, MX3350-1) or RAR antagonists (MX781) that induce growth arrest and apoptosis in cancer ..
- Retinoic acid receptors exhibit cell-autonomous functions in cranial neural crest cellsValérie Dupé
Faculte de Medecine, Institut de Génétique et Développement, Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes Cedex, France
Dev Dyn 238:2701-11. 2009..However, ablation of Rara and Rarg genes in NCC yields an agenesis of the median portion of the face, demonstrating that RARalpha and RARgamma act ..
- Mapping of the mouse Rar loci encoding retinoic acid receptors RAR alpha, RAR beta and RAR gammaM Taketo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
Jpn J Genet 68:175-84. 1993Nuclear retinoic acid receptors RAR alpha, RAR beta and RAR gamma are transcription factors that bind all-trans retinoic acid as their ligand and mediate its action by activating particular set of genes that contain retinoic acid ..
- Does the presence of significant risk factors affect perioperative outcomes after robot-assisted radical cystectomy?Zubair M Butt
Urologic Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
BJU Int 104:986-90. 2009To evaluate the effect of preoperative risk factors on perioperative outcomes up to 3 months after robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC), as RC continues to be associated with a high rate of morbidity and mortality.
- Retinoic acid inhibition of IL-1-induced IL-6 production by human lung fibroblastsR J Zitnik
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510 8040
J Immunol 152:1419-27. 1994..These studies demonstrate that RA and other retinoid analogs inhibit IL-1-induced IL-6 production and that this effect is analog-specific and, at least partially, transcriptionally mediated...
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy in women: technique and initial experienceBenjamin H Lowentritt
Department of Urology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Endourol 22:709-12. 2008Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) is a new management option for the treatment of bladder cancer. This study evaluates an initial experience with RARC with ileal conduit diversion in women.
- Impact of tumour volume on surgical and pathological outcomes after robot-assisted radical cystectomyBertram Yuh
Department of Urology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 102:840-3. 2008..that bladder tumour volume has on operative and pathological outcomes after robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC, a minimally invasive alternative to open cystectomy for treating bladder cancer), as with the lack of tactile ..
- Short-term quality-of-life assessed after robot-assisted radical cystectomy: a prospective analysisBertram Yuh
Urology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, NY, USA
BJU Int 103:800-4. 2009To prospectively determine the effect of robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) on quality of life (QoL) after surgery.
- Human ADA3 regulates RARalpha transcriptional activity through direct contact between LxxLL motifs and the receptor coactivator pocketChia Wei Li
Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, New Jersey, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:5291-303. 2010..These results suggest that hADA3 is a bona fide transcriptional coactivator for RARα, acting through a conserved mechanism involving direct contacts between NR boxes and the receptor's co-activator pocket...
- Restricted microbiota and absence of cognate TCR antigen leads to an unbalanced generation of Th17 cellsMatthias Lochner
Lymphoid Tissue Development Unit, Department of Immunology, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris, France
J Immunol 186:1531-7. 2011..These results demonstrate that a complex microbiota and cognate Ag are required to generate a properly regulated set of RORγt(+) T cells and Th17 cells...
- Rapid and efficient reprogramming of somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells by retinoic acid receptor gamma and liver receptor homolog 1Wei Wang
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton CB10 1HH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18283-8. 2011..Coexpressing Rarg (RAR-γ) and Lrh-1 (liver receptor homologue 1; Nr5a2) with the four factors greatly accelerated reprogramming so ..
- Development and validation of the attention questionnaire of rehabilitated athletes returning to competitionAnna Christakou
Department of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, University of Athens, Dafne, Greece
Psychol Health Med 17:499-510. 2012..a musculoskeletal injury--the attention questionnaire of rehabilitated athletes returning to competition (AQ-RARC)...
- Robotic versus open radical cystectomy: identification of patients who benefit from the robotic approachMichael L Knox
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Endourol 27:40-4. 2013To identify patients who would benefit from robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC), we report perioperative outcomes and complications.
- Retinoic acid induces Sertoli cell paracrine signals for spermatogonia differentiation but cell autonomously drives spermatocyte meiosisMathilde Raverdeau
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 7104, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 964, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16582-7. 2012..enzymes, the retinaldehyde dehydrogenases (RALDH), and binds to and activates nuclear RA receptors (RARA, RARB, and RARG) either within the RA-synthesizing cells or in the neighboring cells...
- Long-term outcomes of robot-assisted radical cystectomy for bladder cancerMuhammad Shamim Khan
Urology Centre, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Eur Urol 64:219-24. 2013Long-term oncologic and functional outcomes after robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) for bladder cancer (BCa) are lacking.
- CDK1 interacts with RARγ and plays an important role in treatment response of acute myeloid leukemiaAndreas Hedblom
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Experimental Cancer Research, Clinical Research Center, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Cell Cycle 12:1251-66. 2013..Our study reveals a novel mechanism by which CDK1 and RARγ coordinate with ATRA to influence cell cycle progression and cellular differentiation...
- Short-term patient reported health-related quality of life (HRQL) outcomes after robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC)Michael A Poch
Department of Urology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
BJU Int 113:260-5. 2014To determine short-term health-related quality of life (HRQL) outcomes after robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) using the Bladder Cancer Index (BCI) and European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Body Image ..
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) with intracorporeal neobladder - what is the effect of the learning curve on outcomes?Justin W Collins
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Section of Urology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BJU Int 113:100-7. 2014....
- Robotic-assisted radical cystectomy with extracorporeal urinary diversion for urothelial carcinoma of the bladder: analysis of complications and oncologic outcomes in 175 patients with a median follow-up of 3 yearsEvanguelos Xylinas
Department of Urology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY
Urology 82:1323-9. 2013To report oncologic outcomes and complications after robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC).
- Erythroid-extrinsic regulation of normal erythropoiesis by retinoic acid receptorsSita R Dewamitta
Department of Medicine at St Vincent s Hospital, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, University of Melbourne, Fitzroy, Vic, Australia
Br J Haematol 164:280-5. 2014..Adult RARγ(-/-) mice were anaemic, however, Epor-Cre Rara(fl/fl) , Epor-Cre Rarg(fl/fl) and Epor-Cre Rara(fl/fl) g(fl/fl) mice were normal, indicating a lack of an erythroid intrinsic RAR function...
- Intermediate-term oncologic outcomes of robot-assisted radical cystectomy for urothelial carcinomaBertram Yuh
1 Department of Urologic Oncology, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, California
J Endourol 28:939-45. 2014To evaluate intermediate-term oncologic outcomes in a large series of patients who were treated with robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) for urothelial carcinoma of the bladder (UCB).
- Effect of alvimopan on return of bowel function after robot-assisted radical cystectomyScott Tobis
City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 24:693-7. 2014..The objective of this study is to determine if alvimopan has similar benefits for patients undergoing robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC).
- Critical role of retinoid/rexinoid signaling in mediating transformation and therapeutic response of NUP98-RARG leukemiaJ J Qiu
1 Department of Medicine, Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA 2 Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Leukemia 29:1153-62. 2015While the nucleoporin 98-retinoic acid receptor gamma (NUP98-RARG) is the first RARG fusion protein found in acute leukemia, its roles and the molecular basis in oncogenic transformation are currently unknown...
- Systematic review and cumulative analysis of perioperative outcomes and complications after robot-assisted radical cystectomyGiacomo Novara
Department of Surgery, Oncology, and Gastroenterology Urology Clinic, University of Padua, Italy Electronic address
Eur Urol 67:376-401. 2015Although open radical cystectomy (ORC) is still the standard approach, laparoscopic radical cystectomy (LRC) and robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) have gained popularity.
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy and urinary diversion: technical recommendations from the Pasadena Consensus PanelKevin G Chan
City of Hope Cancer Center, Duarte, CA, USA Electronic address
Eur Urol 67:423-31. 2015The technique of robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) has evolved significantly since its inception >10 yr ago. Several high-volume centers have reported standardized techniques with refinements and subsequent outcomes.
- Standardized analysis of complications after robot-assisted radical cystectomy: Korea University Hospital experienceJong Hyun Pyun
Department of Urology, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Urol 56:48-55. 2015To analyze the complications after robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) by use of a standardized reporting methodology by a single surgeon.
- Comparing robotic, laparoscopic and open cystectomy: a systematic review and meta-analysisThomas Fonseka
King s College London School of Medicine, London
Arch Ital Urol Androl 87:41-8. 2015..review and meta-analysis comparing outcomes between Open Radical Cystectomy (ORC), Laparoscopic Radical Cystectomy (LRC) and Robot-assisted Radical Cystectomy (RARC). RARC is to be compared to LRC and ORC and LRC compared to ORC.
- Complications from robot-assisted radical cystectomy: Where do we stand?I Guiote
Servicio de Urologia, Fundacio Puigvert, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Actas Urol Esp 40:108-14. 2016..kidney and prostate surgery have led to the progressive development of robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC)...
- Is robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) with intracorporeal diversion becoming the new gold standard of care?Hitendra R H Patel
Department of Urology, University Hospital North Norway UNN, Tromso, Norway
World J Urol 34:25-32. 2016Totally intracorporeal robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) has perceived difficulties compared to open radical cystectomy (ORC)...
- Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer in OctogenariansRuben De Groote
1 Department of Urology, O L V Hospital, Aalst, Belgium
J Endourol 30:792-8. 2016To evaluate perioperative morbidity and mortality rate, a 3-year recurrence-free survival, and cancer-specific mortality rate in patients older than 80 years undergoing robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC).
- Comparison of robotic-assisted and open radical cystectomy in a community-based, non-tertiary health care settingAndrew A Maes
Metro Health Hospital, Wyoming, MI, USA
J Robot Surg 7:359-63. 2013..942 ml; p < 0.05). Regarding complications, 21 % of robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) patients experienced major complications versus 14 % of ORC patients...
- Oncological Outcomes in Patients Treated with Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer: Comparison Between Open, Laparoscopic, and Robot-Assisted ApproachesTae Heon Kim
1 Department of Urology, Samsung Changwon Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Changwon, Republic of Korea
J Endourol 30:783-91. 2016To investigate oncological outcomes in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer who underwent open radical cystectomy (ORC), laparoscopic radical cystectomy (LRC), or robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC).
- Pan-cancer analyses of the nuclear receptor superfamilyMark D Long
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Nucl Receptor Res 2:. 2015..g. NR3C2/MR and NR5A2/LRH-1)) whereas others were uniquely down-regulated in one tumor (e.g. NR1B3/RARG)...
- National comparison of oncologic quality indicators between open and robotic-assisted radical cystectomyRichard S Matulewicz
Department of Urology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL Electronic address
Urol Oncol 34:431.e9-431.e15. 2016Despite increased adoption of robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC), no national data have validated its oncologic efficacy compared to the "standard" open radical cystectomy (ORC)...
- Complications and oncologic outcomes following robot-assisted radical cystectomy: What is the real benefit?Dong Jae Bak
Department of Urology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Investig Clin Urol 57:260-7. 2016The aim of this study was to assess the advantages of robotic surgery, comparing perioperative and oncological outcomes between robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) and open radical cystectomy (ORC).
- Contemporary evidence for robot-assisted radical cystectomy for treating bladder cancerRaj Satkunasivam
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Nat Rev Urol 13:533-9. 2016Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) is an evolving technique for the treatment of muscle-invasive bladder cancer (MIBC); however, its effectiveness compared with open radical cystectomy (ORC) - the established modality - is debated...
- Impact of suboptimal neoadjuvant chemotherapy on peri-operative outcomes and survival after robot-assisted radical cystectomy: a multicentre multinational studyNobuyuki Hinata
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
BJU Int . 2016To evaluate the effect of suboptimal dosing on the outcomes of patients who received neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) and robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC).
- Robotic Intracorporeal Padua Ileal Bladder: Surgical Technique, Perioperative, Oncologic and Functional OutcomesGiuseppe Simone
Department of Urology, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy Electronic address
Eur Urol . 2016Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) with intracorporeal neobladder reconstruction is a challenging procedure. The need for surgical skills and the long operative times have led to concern about its reproducibility.
- Preliminary results of perioperative outcomes and oncologic efficacy from a single-institution randomized controlled trial of open versus robotic-assisted radical cystectomyJamie Christopher Messer
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
J Clin Oncol 30:305. 2012..Robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) for bladder cancer has been reported with the potential for lower blood loss, less transfusion requirement, and ..
- Oncologic outcomes for node-positive patients undergoing robotic radical cystectomyC Mmeje
Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, AZ University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
J Clin Oncol 29:290. 2011290 Background: Previous studies have shown robot assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) to have equivalent perioperative outcomes to open radical cystectomy...
- The feasibility and effectiveness of robot-assisted radical cystectomy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancerTakuya Koie
Department of Urology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Aomori
Jpn J Clin Oncol . 2016..study was to compare 29 muscle-invasive bladder cancer patients who received neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) followed by immediate robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) with those who underwent minimum-incision endoscopic RC (MIE-RC).
- Development, validation and clinical application of Pelvic Lymphadenectomy Assessment and Completion Evaluation: intraoperative assessment of lymph node dissection after robot-assisted radical cystectomy for bladder cancerAhmed A Hussein
Department of Urology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
BJU Int . 2016..tool, Pelvic Lymphadenectomy Appropriateness and Completion Evaluation (PLACE), to assess the intraoperative completeness and appropriateness of pelvic lymph node dissection (PLND) following robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC).
- Transcriptional Regulatory Network Analysis for Gastric Cancer Based on mRNA MicroarrayYan Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, No 36 Sanhao Road, Shenyang, 110004, China
Pathol Oncol Res . 2017..Finally, top 5 TFs including CRX, TFAP4, NKX2-1, MYB and RARG with higher ZRIF were screened...
- Transcriptional gene expression profiles of oesophageal adenocarcinoma and normal oesophageal tissuesR N Hourihan
Department of Microbiology, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Anticancer Res 23:161-5. 2003..activator inhibitor 2 (PAI-2), interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IRAP), cytokeratin 13/15/17, MAD and retinoic acid receptor gamma 1 (RARG))...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of comparative studies reporting early outcomes after robot-assisted radical cystectomy versus open radical cystectomyKaiwen Li
Department of Urology, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, 107 W Yanjiang Road, Guangzhou 510020, China
Cancer Treat Rev 39:551-60. 2013Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) is increasingly being used in the management of bladder cancer. Studies comparing RARC and open radical cystectomy (ORC) have reported conflicting results...
- Status of Robot-Assisted Radical Cystectomy (RARC) in 2012Amrith R Rao
Department of Urology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263 USA
Indian J Surg Oncol 3:85-90. 2012Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) for bladder cancer is increasingly becoming popular in specialist centres around the world...
- Oncologic, functional, and complications outcomes of robot-assisted radical cystectomy with totally intracorporeal neobladder diversionStavros I Tyritzis
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Section of Urology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Urol 64:734-41. 2013Robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) with totally intracorporeal neobladder diversion is a complex procedure that has been reported with good outcomes in small series.
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy: description of an evolved approach to radical cystectomyJustin W Collins
Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Urol 64:654-63. 2013..ORC) remains the gold standard of care for muscle-invasive bladder cancer, robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) continues to gain wider acceptance...
- Aromatase activity induction in human adipose fibroblasts by retinoic acids via retinoic acid receptor αJan Wilde
Institute for Biochemistry II, Jena University Hospital, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Nonnenplan 4, lt br gt 07743 Jena, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 51:247-60. 2013..and human BAFs, RA receptor α (RARα (RARA)) expression is predominant, whereas RARβ (RARB) or RARγ (RARG) expression is low...
- Synergic effect of vitamin A and high-fat diet in adipose tissue development and nuclear receptor expression in young ratsAnabelle Redonnet
Unité de Nutrition et Neurosciences ISTAB, Universite Bordeaux 1, Avenue des Facultes, Talence 33405, France
Br J Nutr 100:722-30. 2008..Retinoid (retinoic acid receptor (RAR) a, RARg, retinoid X receptor(RXR) alpha) and fatty acid (PPARgamma) receptor mRNA was measured in the subcutaneous white ..
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy with extracorporeal urinary diversion: initial experienceDeclan G Murphy
Department of Urology, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, United Kingdom
Eur Urol 54:570-80. 2008The use of robotic technology for laparoscopic prostatectomy is now well established. The same cannot yet be said of robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy (RARC), which is performed in just a few centres worldwide.
- Trim24 (Tif1 alpha): an essential 'brake' for retinoic acid-induced transcription to prevent liver cancerKonstantin Khetchoumian
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire IGBMC, Department of Functional Genomics, CNRS INSERM ULP, Illkirch, France
Cell Cycle 7:3647-52. 2008..to and activating nuclear RA receptors (RARs, which include the RAR alpha, beta and gamma isotypes RARA, RARB and RARC). Aberrant expression or impaired function of these nuclear receptors has been linked to diverse types of cancer...
- A NUP98-positive acute myeloid leukemia with a t(11;12)(p15;q13) without HOXC cluster gene involvementRoberta La Starza
Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, University of Perugia, Ematologia e Trapianto di Midollo Osseo, Ospedale S M della Misericordia, Padiglione B, Piano 2, S Andrea delle Fratte, 06156 Perugia, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 193:109-11. 2009..FISH) showed that putative candidate partners mapping 600 kilobases centromeric to HOXC were RARG (retinoic acid receptor gamma), MFSD5 (major facilitator superfamily domain containing 5), and ESPL1 (extra spindle pole bodies ..
- [Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy with extracorporeal urinary diversion]Jie Zhu
Department of Urology, General Hospital of People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 47:1242-4. 2009To present the technique and experience of robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy (RARC) by da Vinci surgical system.
- Robot assisted laparoscopic pelvic lymphadenectomy at the time of radical cystectomy rivals that of open surgery: single institution reportKyle A Richards
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Department of Urology, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Urology 76:1400-4. 2010..and margin status using a standard technique in the first 35 patients undergoing robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) at our institution while establishing a robotics program, and then to compare the results to the past 35 open ..
- Retinoic acid receptor gamma 2 interactions with vitamin D response elementsNick J Koszewski
University of Kentucky Medical Center, Division of Nephrology, Bone and Mineral Metabolism, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, United States
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 120:200-7. 2010..Screening of a HeLa cell cDNA library revealed that retinoic acid receptor gamma 2 (RARgamma2) could specifically interact with VDREs, either in the presence or absence of the VDR...
- Robot-assisted radical cystectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection: a multi-institutional study from KoreaSung Gu Kang
Department of Urology, Korea University Anam Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Endourol 24:1435-40. 2010To report short-term retrospective perioperative and pathologic outcomes of the first robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) series in Korea.
- Genome-wide functional screen identifies a compendium of genes affecting sensitivity to tamoxifenAna M Mendes-Pereira
Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Division of Breast Cancer Research, Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:2730-5. 2012..of genes whose silencing causes tamoxifen resistance (including BAP1, CLPP, GPRC5D, NAE1, NF1, NIPBL, NSD1, RAD21, RARG, SMC3, and UBA3) and also a set of genes whose silencing causes sensitivity to this endocrine agent (C10orf72, ..
- Retinoic acid drives aryl hydrocarbon receptor expression and is instrumental to dioxin-induced toxicity during palate developmentHugues Jacobs
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire IGBMC, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR7104, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U964, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Environ Health Perspect 119:1590-5. 2011..Although similarities have been described between dioxin-induced toxicity and the outcome of altered atRA signaling during palate development, their relationship needs to be clarified...
- A comparison of early complications between open and robot-assisted radical cystectomyHyun Hwan Sung
Department of Urology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Endourol 26:670-5. 2012The aim of our study was to compare early complication rates between the robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) and open radical cystectomy (ORC) using a standardized reporting system.
- Is robot-assisted radical cystectomy justified in the elderly? A comparison of robotic versus open radical cystectomy for bladder cancer in elderly ≥75 years oldKyle A Richards
Department of Urology, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Endourol 26:1301-6. 2012..The objective of this study is to compare robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) and ORC in elderly patients.
- Transcriptome network analysis reveals potential candidate genes for esophageal squamous cell carcinomaZheng Ma
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Daping Hospital and Institute of Surgery Research, The Third Millitary Medical University, Chongqing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:767-73. 2012..also arose as a hub node in our transcriptome network, along with some transcription factors like CCNB1, TAP1, RARG and IFITM1 proven to be related with ESCC by previous studies...
- Standardized analysis of frequency and severity of complications after robot-assisted radical cystectomyBertram E Yuh
City of Hope National Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 90017, USA
Eur Urol 62:806-13. 2012Comprehensive and standardized reporting of adverse events after robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) and urinary diversion for bladder cancer is necessary to evaluate the magnitude of morbidity for this complex operation.
- Current status of robot-assisted radical cystectomy for bladder cancerFaris Azzouni
Department of Urology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Nat Rev Urol 9:573-82. 2012..Emerging data suggest that robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) might have some advantages compared with open radical cystectomy (ORC)...
- Retinoid receptors in gastric cancer: expression and influence on prognosisKong Wang Hu
Department of General Surgery, The First Hospital of Anhui Medical University, School of Pharmacology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:1809-17. 2012..At present, little is known about retinoid expression and influence on prognosis in gastric cancers...
- Robot-assisted intracorporeal formation of the ileal neobladderStavros I Tyritzis
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Endourol 26:1570-5. 2012We are celebrating the 10th anniversary of robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy (RARC) with urinary diversion (UD), and it seems that this operation is successfully following the footsteps of robot-assisted laparoscopic radical ..
- Our experiences with robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy: orthotopic neobladder by the suprapubic incision methodByung Chul Cho
Department of Urology, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Urol 53:766-73. 2012To report our technique for and experience with robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy (RARC) with orthotopic neobladder (ON) formation in a cohort of bladder cancer patients.
- Tips and tricks to robot-assisted radical cystectomy and intracorporeal diversionMichael A Poch
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
Curr Opin Urol 23:65-71. 2013To summarize the fundamental principles for technique of robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) based on current peer reviewed literature. Also provide most recent evidence for the efficacy of RARC and Intracorporeal Ileal Conduit (ICIC)...
- Tocilizumab attenuates inflammation in ALS patients through inhibition of IL6 receptor signalingMathew T Mizwicki
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA 650 Charles E Young Dr South, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1735, USA
Am J Neurodegener Dis 1:305-15. 2012..just mentioned were expressed at near control levels and a significant decrease in the expression of PPARG, PPARA, RARG, HDAC4 and KAT2B; IL6R, IL6ST and ADAM17; TNFRSF11A; MGAT2 and MGAT3; PLCG1; CXCL3 were detected...
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy: history, techniques and outcomesMichael A Liss
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, UC San Diego Health System, San Diego, CA, USA
World J Urol 31:489-97. 2013Robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) is a less invasive means of performing the radical cystectomy operation, which holds promise for improved patient morbidity...
- Retinoic acid receptor γ-dependent signaling cooperates with BMP2 to induce osteoblastic differentiation of C2C12 cellsTakeo Karakida
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dental Medicine, Tsurumi University, Yokohama, Japan
Connect Tissue Res 52:365-72. 2011..These results suggest that a RARγ-dependent functional crosstalk is present between the retinoic acid and BMP2 signaling to induce osteogenic transdifferentiation in myoblastic C2C12 cells...
- A dual-centre, cohort comparison of open, laparoscopic and robotic-assisted radical cystectomyM S Khan
Urology Centre, Guy s and Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
Int J Clin Pract 66:656-62. 2012..The role of minimally invasive radical cystectomy as opposed to open surgery for bladder cancer is not yet established. We present comparative outcomes of open, laparoscopic and robotic-assisted radical cystectomy..
- Matched comparison of robotic-assisted and open radical cystectomyNicholas R Styn
Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Urology 79:1303-8. 2012To evaluate our initial robotic-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) experience compared with a robust open radical cystectomy (ORC) series performed at a single institution using a matched-pair analysis...
- A de novo 1.13 Mb microdeletion in 12q13.13 associated with congenital distal arthrogryposis, intellectual disability and mild dysmorphismDagur Ingi Jonsson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Eur J Med Genet 55:437-40. 2012..13 of paternal origin. The deletion contains 33 genes, including AAAS, AMRH2, and RARG genes as well as the HOXC gene cluster. At least one gene, CSAD, is expressed in fetal brain...
- Robotic versus open radical cystectomy: prospective comparison of perioperative and pathologic outcomes in JapanTatsuo Gondo
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishi shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 42:625-31. 2012In Japan, no study has compared the perioperative outcomes observed between robot-assisted radical cystectomy (RARC) and open radical cystectomy (ORC)...
- Surgeon controlled robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy: current review of oncologic and functional outcomesP L McKenzie
Department of Urology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Minerva Urol Nefrol 64:79-88. 2012Surgeon controlled robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy (RARC) is becoming a viable treatment option for patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer...
- Retinoic acid receptors as regulators of human epidermal keratinocyte differentiationT M Vollberg
Cell Biology Section, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709
Mol Endocrinol 6:667-76. 1992..This RAR-binding activity represented in part the expression of RAR alpha and RAR gamma genes, whose transcripts were expressed in similar abundance in undifferentiated NHEK...
- RAR gamma 2 expression is regulated through a retinoic acid response element embedded in Sp1 sitesJ M Lehmann
Cancer Center, La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037
Mol Cell Biol 12:2976-85. 1992..Recent evidence suggests that the expression of other RAR isoforms, including that of RAR gamma 2, are also regulated by RA...
- The Sp1 transcription factor gene (SP1) and the 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 receptor gene (VDR) are colocalized on human chromosome arm 12q and rat chromosome 7J Szpirer
Departement de Biologie Moleculaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Genomics 11:168-73. 1991..The phenylalanine hydroxylase (PAH) and the retinoic acid receptor-gamma (RARG) genes also map on human chromosome arm 12q and rat chromosome 7, indicating that a synteny group is conserved on ..
- A functional retinoic acid receptor encoded by the gene on human chromosome 12T Ishikawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Endocrinol 4:837-44. 1990..This gene has been mapped to human chromosome 12, which is distinct from those coding for either alpha or beta RAR, and thus encodes a third human RAR...
- Crystal structure of the RAR-gamma ligand-binding domain bound to all-trans retinoic acidJ P Renaud
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP College de France, Strasbourg, France
Nature 378:681-9. 1995..We propose a 'mouse trap' mechanism whereby a ligand-induced conformational transition repositions the amphipathic alpha-helix of the AF-2 activating domain and forms a transcriptionally active receptor...
- A human retinoic acid receptor gamma isoform is homologous to the murine retinoic acid receptor gamma 7L Zhou
R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Don Mills, Ontario, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 21:2520. 1993
- Characterization of the genomic structure, chromosomal location, promoter, and development expression of the alpha-globin transcription factor CP2S L Swendeman
Molecular Biology Program, Cornell University, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
J Biol Chem 269:11663-71. 1994..to reside on chromosome 12 while the murine gene mapped to the distal end of chromosome 15, near Gdc-1, Wnt-1, and Rarg, a region syntenic with human chromosome 12...
- Retinoic acid receptor/retinoid X receptor heterodimers can be activated through both subunits providing a basis for synergistic transactivation and cellular differentiationJ Botling
Laboratory of Tumor Biology, Department of Pathology, Uppsala University, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 272:9443-9. 1997....
- Comparative linkage mapping of genes on sheep chromosome 3 provides evidence of chromosomal rearrangements in the evolution of the BovidaeZ A Jenkins
Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Cytogenet Cell Genet 78:272-4. 1997Three genes--parathyroid hormone-like hormone (PTHLH), insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF 1), and retinoic acid receptor gamma (RARG)--have been mapped to sheep (Ovis aries) chromosome 3 (OAR 3)...
- Heterodimeric interactions between chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor family members ARP1 and ear2D Avram
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 3507, USA
J Biol Chem 274:14331-6. 1999..Heterodimeric interactions between ARP1 and Ear2 may define a distinct pathway of orphan receptor signaling...
- Identification of nuclear receptor corepressor as a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha interacting proteinP Dowell
Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
J Biol Chem 274:15901-7. 1999..RXRalpha heterodimeric complexes in mammalian cells. NCoR appears to influence PPARalpha signaling pathways and, therefore, may modulate tissue responsiveness to peroxisome proliferators...
- Retinoid-dependent recruitment of a histone H1 displacement activity by retinoic acid receptorS Nagpal
Retinoid Research, Allergan Inc, Irvine, California 92713, USA
J Biol Chem 274:22563-8. 1999....
- Retinoid-dependent antagonism of serum response factor transactivation mediated by transcriptional coactivator proteinsS W Kim
Center for Ligand and Transcription, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, Korea
Oncogene 20:6638-42. 2001..We propose that the well-defined anti-proliferative action of retinoids could, at least in part, result from this novel transrepressive action on the mitogenic transcription factor SRF...
- RETINOIC ACID RECEPTOR GAMMA SPECIFIC SIGNALING IN MELANREMCO SPANJAARD; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, only activation of RARg by the RARg-selective agonist CD437 induces differentiation...
- Dipen Parekh; Fiscal Year: 2015..It has been hypothesized that Robotic-Assisted Radical Cystectomy (RARC) significantly improves time to functional recovery without compromising on the oncologic effectiveness...
- RETINOIC ACID--ROLE IN DIFFERENTIATIONLorraine Gudas; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>RARg is required for Hoxa1 mRNA induction by RA in these embryonic cells...
- RETINOIC ACID SIGNALING IN EARLY LUNG MORPHOGENESISMargaret Rush; Fiscal Year: 2001..1, the spatial and temporal localization of transcripts and translated proteins for CRBP1, CRABP1, RARa, RARb, and RARg will be examined by the techniques of whole mount in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry...
- Retinoid Signaling in Neural Patterning in ZebrafishThomas Schilling; Fiscal Year: 2009..Here we will focus initially on a particular tissue interaction that requires RARg, between the mesoderm and developing neural tube, and will use cell transplantation in RAR-deficient embryos to get ..
- NEGATIVE REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION BY VITAMIN DNICHOLAS KOSZEWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TOPOISOMERASES IN RETINOID INDUCED DIFFERENTIATIONAndrew Yen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Andrew Yen, who brings expertise on the molecular and cellular biology of retinoic acid-induced myeloid differentiation. ..
- FLUORESCENCE ACTIVATED CELL SORTERAndrew Yen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The instrument requested is a Dako-Cytomation basic MoFlo plus a UV-vis, vis, and HeNe laser to provide independent UV, vis/488, and red excitation. ..
- Retinoic Acid Regulated Cell Differentiation: BLR1 RcptrAndrew Yen; Fiscal Year: 2005..It has the implication that the ultimate effects of RA can be governed by relevant growth factors signaling through their cognate receptors. ..