Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RAP2A
Description: RAP2A, member of RAS oncogene family
Alias: K-REV, KREV, RAP2, RbBP-30, ras-related protein Rap-2a, RAP2, member of RAS oncogene family (K-rev)
Publications186 found, 100 shown here
- Mechanism of regulation of the Epac family of cAMP-dependent RapGEFsJ de Rooij
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 275:20829-36. 2000..Here we show that both GEFs efficiently activate Rap2 as well...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase kinase 4 as a putative effector of Rap2 to activate the c-Jun N-terminal kinaseNoriko Machida
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:15711-4. 2004Little is known about the specific signaling roles of Rap2, a Ras family small GTP-binding protein...
- The Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase as a putative effector of Rap2 to regulate actin cytoskeletonKiyohito Taira
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:49488-96. 2004b>Rap2 belongs to the Ras family of small GTP-binding proteins, but its specific roles in cell signaling remain unknown...
- Constitutively active Rap2 transgenic mice display fewer dendritic spines, reduced extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling, enhanced long-term depression, and impaired spatial learning and fear extinctionJubin Ryu
The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, RIKEN Massachusetts Institute of Technology Neuroscience Research Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 28:8178-88. 2008Within the Ras superfamily of GTPases, Rap1 and Rap2 are the closest homologs to Ras. In non-neural cells, Rap signaling can antagonize Ras signaling. In neurons, Rap also seems to oppose Ras in terms of synaptic function...
- Human cDNAs rap1 and rap2 homologous to the Drosophila gene Dras3 encode proteins closely related to ras in the 'effector' regionV Pizon
INSERM U 248, Faculte de Medecine Lariboisiere Saint Louis, Paris, France
Oncogene 3:201-4. 1988We have characterized two new ras-related genes rap1 and rap2 from a human cDNA library, by hybridization with the Drosophila Dras3 gene at low stringency conditions...
- Characterisation of PDZ-GEFs, a family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors specific for Rap1 and Rap2H Bea Kuiperij
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1593:141-9. 2003..PDZ-GEF1 efficiently exchanges nucleotides of both Rap1 and Rap2, but has also been implicated in mediating cAMP-induced Ras activation through binding of cAMP to the RCBD...
- MINK is a Rap2 effector for phosphorylation of the postsynaptic scaffold protein TANC1Hideo Nonaka
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:573-8. 2008Rap1 and Rap2 are similar Ras-like G proteins but perform distinct functions...
- RasGEF1A and RasGEF1B are guanine nucleotide exchange factors that discriminate between Rap GTP-binding proteins and mediate Rap2-specific nucleotide exchangeElif Yaman
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
FEBS J 276:4607-16. 2009..as Ras family proteins, we established that RasGEF1A and RasGEF1B function as very specific exchange factors for Rap2, a member of the Rap subfamily of Ras-like G-proteins...
- The COOH-terminal domain of the Rap1A (Krev-1) protein is isoprenylated and supports transformation by an H-Ras:Rap1A chimeric proteinJ E Buss
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037
Mol Cell Biol 11:1523-30. 1991..This demonstrates that the modifications and localization signals of the COOH terminus of Rap1A can support the interactions between H-Ras and membranes that are required for transformation...
- Human leukocyte antigen class II alleles influence levels of antibodies to the Plasmodium falciparum asexual-stage apical membrane antigen 1 but not to merozoite surface antigen 2 and merozoite surface protein 1Armead H Johnson
Departments of Pediatrics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Infect Immun 72:2762-71. 2004..association between HLA class II alleles and levels of antibodies to rhoptry-associated protein 1 (RAP1) and RAP2, indicates that HLA influences the levels of antibodies to three of the five vaccine candidate antigens that we ..
- M-Ras evolved independently of R-Ras and its neural function is conserved between mammalian and ascidian, which lacks classical RasEtsuko Keduka
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoicho, Inageku, Chiba, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Gene 429:49-58. 2009..By contrast, both the ascidians contain single genes orthologous to Mras, Rras, Ral, Rap1, and Rap2. A single Mras orthologue exists from nematode to mammalian...
- Small GTP-binding protein Ral is involved in cAMP-mediated release of von Willebrand factor from endothelial cellsMariska G Rondaij
Department of Plasma Proteins, Sanquin Research at CLB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1315-20. 2004..In the present study, we investigated whether Ral is also involved in cAMP-mediated vWF release...
- Phosphorylated guanine nucleotide exchange factor C3G, induced by pervanadate and Src family kinases localizes to the Golgi and subcortical actin cytoskeletonVegesna Radha
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007 India
BMC Cell Biol 5:31. 2004..It activates Rap1, Rap2 and R-Ras members of the Ras family of GTPases...
- Isolation and characterization of the krev-1 gene, a novel member of ras superfamily in Neurospora crassa: involvement in sexual cycle progressionS Ito
Dept of Regulation Biology, Faculty of Science, Saitama University, Urawa, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 255:429-37. 1997..a novel member of the ras superfamily from the filamentous fungus Neurospora crassa and obtained a mammalian Krev-1 homolog. We named the gene krev-1 and analyzed its structure and function...
- MINK and TNIK differentially act on Rap2-mediated signal transduction to regulate neuronal structure and AMPA receptor functionNatasha K Hussain
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 30:14786-94. 2010..MINK) and closely related TRAF2/Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) are proteins that specifically bind to activated Rap2 and are thus hypothesized to relay its downstream signal transduction...
- Arabidopsis transcriptome profiling indicates that multiple regulatory pathways are activated during cold acclimation in addition to the CBF cold response pathwaySarah Fowler
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory and Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1312, USA
Plant Cell 14:1675-90. 2002..Of the cold-responsive genes, 48 encode known or putative transcription factors. Two of these, RAP2.1 and RAP2.6, were activated by CBF expression and thus presumably control subregulons of the CBF regulon...
- Localisation and timing of expression of putative Plasmodium berghei rhoptry proteins in merozoites and sporozoitesMarta Tufet-Bayona
The Malaria Centre, and the Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Imperial College London, London, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 166:22-31. 2009..or C-MYC) were used to analyse the expression and cellular localisation of a known Plasmodium rhoptry protein (RAP2/3) and putative homologues of two Toxoplasma rhoptry proteins (rhoptry neck protein 2, RON2 and putative rhoptry ..
- Identification of guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) for the Rap1 GTPase. Regulation of MR-GEF by M-Ras-GTP interactionJ F Rebhun
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 275:34901-8. 2000..MR-GEF (M-Ras-regulated GEF, KIAA0277) and PDZ-GEF (KIAA0313) bound specifically to nucleotide-free Rap1 and Rap1/Rap2, respectively. Both proteins functioned as Rap1 GEFs in vivo...
- The RAP1 guanine nucleotide exchange factor Epac2 couples cyclic AMP and Ras signals at the plasma membraneYu Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2506-14. 2006..Therefore, despite its previous description as a Ras antagonist or independently functioning GTPase, Rap1/Krev-1 may additionally act downstream of Ras in cells that express the cyclic AMP-regulated GEF, Epac2.
- Human SPA-1 gene product selectively expressed in lymphoid tissues is a specific GTPase-activating protein for Rap1 and Rap2. Segregate expression profiles from a rap1GAP gene productH Kurachi
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:28081-8. 1997..Baculovirally expressed p130(SPA-1) exhibited GTPase-activating protein (GAP) activity for Rap1 and Rap2, but not for Ras, Rho, Cdc42, Rac, and Ran, with comparable specific activity to the rap1GAP gene product (p85/95(..
- Activation of the Rap GTPases in B lymphocytes modulates B cell antigen receptor-induced activation of Akt but has no effect on MAPK activationSherri L Christian
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, 6174 University Boulevard, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:41756-67. 2003Signaling by the B cell antigen receptor (BCR) activates the Rap1 and Rap2 GTPases, putative antagonists of Ras-mediated signaling...
- The molecular heterogeneity of the smg-21/Krev-1/rap1 proteins, a GTP-binding protein having the same effector domain as ras p21s, in bovine aortic smooth muscle membranesM Kawata
Department of Internal Medicine 1st Division, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncogene 6:841-8. 1991..These results indicate that smg p21A and -B coexist in bovine aortic smooth muscle membranes and suggest that smg p21A and -B may serve as intermediates for cyclic AMP actions...
- PEA3 sites within the progression elevated gene-3 (PEG-3) promoter and mitogen-activated protein kinase contribute to differential PEG-3 expression in Ha-ras and v-raf oncogene transformed rat embryo cellsZ Su
Department of Urology, Department of Pathology and Department of Neurosurgery, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 29:1661-71. 2001..analysis was also performed using CREF cells doubly transformed with Ha-ras and the Ha-ras specific suppressor gene Krev-1, which inhibits the transformed phenotype in vitro...
- Ras and relatives--job sharing and networking keep an old family togetherAnnette Ehrhardt
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Exp Hematol 30:1089-106. 2002..proteins, the Ras subfamily of the Ras superfamily includes R-Ras, TC21 (R-Ras2), M-Ras (R-Ras3), Rap1A, Rap1B, Rap2A, Rap2B, RalA, and RalB...
- KRIT1/cerebral cavernous malformation 1 protein localizes to vascular endothelium, astrocytes, and pyramidal cells of the adult human cerebral cortexOzlem Guzeloglu-Kayisli
Neurovascular Surgery Program, Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Neurosurgery 54:943-9; discussion 949. 2004..Although recent studies have suggested that Krev-1 interaction trapped 1 (KRIT1) is a microtubule-associated protein that interacts with integrin cytoplasmic domain-..
- Magnaporthe grisea avirulence gene ACE1 belongs to an infection-specific gene cluster involved in secondary metabolismJerome Collemare
UMR5240 CNRS UCB INSA BAYER CropScience, 14 20 rue Pierre Baizet, 69263 Lyon Cedex 09, France
New Phytol 179:196-208. 2008..in secondary metabolism as they encode enzymes such as a second PKS-NRPS (SYN2), two enoyl reductases (RAP1 and RAP2) and a putative Zn(II)(2)Cys(6) transcription factor (BC2)...
- Mutations in the gene encoding KRIT1, a Krev-1/rap1a binding protein, cause cerebral cavernous malformations (CCM1)T Sahoo
Department of Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hum Mol Genet 8:2325-33. 1999..sequence-based positional cloning strategy, we have identified KRIT1, encoding a protein that interacts with the Krev-1/rap1a tumor suppressor, as the CCM1 gene...
- Transcription status of vaccine candidate genes of Plasmodium falciparum during the hepatic phase of its life cycleMyriam Bodescot
INSERM U511, Immunobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire des Infections Parasitaires, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 91 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75643 Paris Cedex 13, France
Parasitol Res 92:449-52. 2004The CSP, EMP2/MESA, MSP2, MSP3, MSP5, RAP1, RAP2, RESA1, SERA1 and SSP2/TRAP genes of Plasmodium falciparum are vaccine candidates...
- Effects of Wei Chang An on expression of multiple genes in human gastric cancer grafted onto nude miceAi Guang Zhao
Department of Oncology, Longhua Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 725 Wanping Road, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:693-700. 2008..To investigate the expression of multiple genes in Chinese jianpi herbal recipe Wei Chang An (WCA) in human gastric cancer cell line SGC-7901...
- Role of Arabidopsis RAP2.4 in regulating light- and ethylene-mediated developmental processes and drought stress toleranceRong Cheng Lin
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Mol Plant 1:42-57. 2008..Here, we report functional characterization of an AP2/DREB-type transcription factor, Arabidopsis RAP2.4, in mediating light and ethylene signaling. Expression of the RAP2...
- Farnesylation or geranylgeranylation? Efficient assays for testing protein prenylation in vitro and in vivoWolfgang Benetka
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
BMC Biochem 7:6. 2006....
- Identification of novel genes expressed in hypoxic brain condition by fluorescence differential displayKazuya Ikematsu
Division of Forensic Pathology and Science, Department of Translational Medical Sciences, Course of Medical and Dental Sciences, Graduate School of Biochemical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
Forensic Sci Int 169:168-72. 2007..In Group A25-30, only RAP2 interacting protein and another novel cDNA were induced. In Group A25-0, one novel gene was detected...
- Role of the cAMP-binding protein Epac in cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiologyMélanie Métrich
INSERM, UMR S 769, Signalisation et Physiopathologie Cardiaque, Châtenay Malabry 92296, France
Pflugers Arch 459:535-46. 2010..family, including Epac1 and Epac2, are guanine nucleotide exchange factors for the Ras-like small GTPases Rap1 and Rap2 and function independently of protein kinase A...
- Transcriptional regulatory network triggered by oxidative signals configures the early response mechanisms of japonica rice to chilling stressKil Young Yun
School of Biology and Ecology, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469, USA
BMC Plant Biol 10:16. 2010..The components, hierarchical organization and physiological consequences of this network were further dissected by a systems-level approach...
- Chemical reverse transformation of CHO-K1 cells induces changes in expression of a candidate tumour suppressor and of a gene not previously characterised as transformation relatedC Z Bachrati
Institute of Genetics, Biological Research Centre of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged
Eur J Cell Biol 78:561-6. 1999..The third has homology, with transcriptional or processing variations, to a human genomic sequence, a positional candidate for a tumour suppressor gene, encoding the Krit1 protein which interacts with the Ras-family GTPase Krev-1.
- Improving the production of the denatured recombinant N-terminal domain of rhoptry-associated protein 2 from a Plasmodium falciparum target in the pathology of anemia in falciparum malariaLuis Andre Mariuba
Instituto Leônidas e Maria Deane Fiocruz, Rua Teresina 476, 69057 070 Manaus, AM, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 103:522-7. 2008Rhoptry-associated protein 2 (RAP2) is known to be discharged from rhoptry onto the membrane surface of infected and uninfected erythrocytes (UEs) ex vivo and in vitro and this information provides new insights into the understanding of ..
- The Arabidopsis AP2/ERF transcription factor RAP2.6 participates in ABA, salt and osmotic stress responsesQiang Zhu
Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 300 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Gene 457:1-12. 2010AP2/ERF proteins play crucial roles in various biological processes. RAP2.6, an Arabidopsis AP2/ERF family member, has been reported to function in plant response to biotic stress, but whether it also functions in plant response to ..
- Tissue and subcellular distributions of the smg-21/rap1/Krev-1 proteins which are partly distinct from those of c-ras p21sS Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 10:2645-52. 1990We have made a specific antiserum recognizing both smg p21A (the rap1A/Krev-1 protein) and -B (the rap1B protein), ras p21-like GTP-binding proteins having the same putative effector domain as ras p21s and have used this antiserum to ..
- Expression patterns of novel genes during mouse preimplantation embryogenesisG L Temeles
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6018
Mol Reprod Dev 37:121-9. 1994..One cDNA was 90% homologous to the ras-related gene Krev/rap 1A...
- Interaction of the low-molecular-weight GTP-binding protein rap2 with the platelet cytoskeleton is mediated by direct binding to the actin filamentsM Torti
Department of Biochemistry, University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Cell Biochem 75:675-85. 1999The interaction of the low-molecular-weight GTP-binding protein rap2 with the cytoskeleton from thrombin-aggregated platelets was investigated by inducing depolymerization of the actin filaments, followed by in vitro-promoted ..
- Stimulation of phospholipase C-epsilon by the M3 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor mediated by cyclic AMP and the GTPase Rap2BSandrine Evellin
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, D 45122 Essen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:16805-13. 2002..were mimicked by expression of inactive Rap2B, but not of other inactive GTPases (Rac1, Ras, RalA, Rap1A, and Rap2A)...
- The Rap GTPases regulate B cell migration toward the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (CXCL12): potential role for Rap2 in promoting B cell migrationSarah J McLeod
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Immunol 169:1365-71. 2002..We found that treating B cells with SDF-1 resulted in the rapid activation of both Rap1 and Rap2. Moreover, blocking the activation of Rap1 and Rap2 via the expression of a Rap-specific GTPase-activating protein ..
- The high-risk human papillomavirus type 16 E6 counters the GAP function of E6TP1 toward small Rap G proteinsLatika Singh
Division of Radiation and Cancer Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Virol 77:1614-20. 2003..Using two different approaches, we now demonstrate that human E6TP1 exhibits GAP activity for Rap1 and Rap2, confirming recent findings that a closely related rat homologue exhibits Rap-specific GAP activity...
- Identification of a novel KRIT1 mutation in an Italian family with cerebral cavernous malformation by the protein truncation testValeria Marini
Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, Genoa 16132, Italy
J Neurol Sci 212:75-8. 2003..Three CCM loci have been mapped, but the gene for only one locus--KRIT1 coding for Krev-1/rap1 interaction trapped 1 (KRIT1) protein, which is responsible for more than 40% of familial cases--has been ..
- Activation of a COI1-dependent pathway in Arabidopsis by Pseudomonas syringae type III effectors and coronatinePing He
Department of Plant Pathology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Plant J 37:589-602. 2004..Pseudomonas syringae strains activate the transcription of an Arabidopsis ethylene response factor (ERF) gene, RAP2.6, in a coronatine insensitive 1 (COI1)-dependent manner. A highly sensitive RAP2...
- Identification and biochemical characterization of Rap2C, a new member of the Rap family of small GTP-binding proteinsSimona Paganini
Center of Excellence for Applied Biology, Department of Biochemistry, University of Pavia, via Bassi 21, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Biochimie 88:285-95. 2006The Rap family of small GTP-binding proteins is composed by four different members: Rap1A, Rap1B, Rap2A and Rap2B. In this work we report the identification and characterization of a fifth member of this family of small GTPases...
- Identification and characterization of putative tumor suppressor NGB, a GTP-binding protein that interacts with the neurofibromatosis 2 proteinHansoo Lee
Department of Pathology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2103-19. 2007..Caenorhabditis elegans, and human cells, and its GTP-binding region is very similar to those found in R-ras and Rap2. However, ectopic expression of NGB inhibits cell growth, cell aggregation, and tumorigenicity in tumorigenic ..
- Warm and cold parental reproductive environments affect seed properties, fitness, and cold responsiveness in Arabidopsis thaliana progeniesC Blödner
Institut fur Forstbotanik, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
Plant Cell Environ 30:165-75. 2007..9 (PRR9) and down-regulation of growth-associated transcription factors (TFs) NAP and AP2domain containing RAP2.3...
- Functional identification of Arabidopsis stress regulatory genes using the controlled cDNA overexpression systemCsaba Papdi
Institute of Plant Biology, Biological Research Centre, 6726 Szeged, Hungary
Plant Physiol 147:528-42. 2008..activation of stress- and ABA-inducible ADH1-LUC reporter gene has identified the ERF/AP2-type transcription factor RAP2.12, which sustained high-level ADH1-LUC bioluminescence, enhanced ADH1 transcription rate, and increased ADH enzyme ..
- Krit1 modulates beta 1-integrin-mediated endothelial cell proliferationJun Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216 4505, USA
Neurosurgery 63:571-8; discussion 578. 2008Using ribonucleic acid interference on cultured cell lines, we examined the role of Krev interaction trapped 1 (krit1) and integrin cytoplasmic domain-associated protein-1 alpha (icap1alpha) in beta1-integrin-mediated cell proliferation.
- Arabidopsis thaliana BTB/ POZ-MATH proteins interact with members of the ERF/AP2 transcription factor familyHenriette Weber
Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
FEBS J 276:6624-35. 2009..This work connects, for the first time, BPM proteins with ethylene response factor/Apetala2 family members, which is likely to represent a novel regulatory mechanism of transcriptional control...
- Regulation of Rap2A by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 controls neurite developmentHiroshi Kawabe
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Neuron 65:358-72. 2010..Nedd4-1, the serine/threonine kinase TNIK, and Rap2A form a complex that controls Nedd4-1-mediated ubiquitination of Rap2A...
- Ras and Rap signaling in synaptic plasticity and mental disordersRuth L Stornetta
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Neuroscientist 17:54-78. 2011The Ras family GTPases (Ras, Rap1, and Rap2) and their downstream mitogen-activated protein kinases (ERK, JNK, and p38MAPK) and PI3K signaling cascades control various physiological processes...
- Structural determinants allowing endolysosomal sorting and degradation of endosomal GTPasesRuth A Valero
Department of Chemical and Physical Biology, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Traffic 11:1221-33. 2010..Other isoprenylated and bipalmitoylated GTPases, such as H-Ras, Rap2A, Rap2B and TC10, were not accumulated into MVB and were stable...
- Functional characterization of four APETALA2-family genes (RAP2.6, RAP2.6L, DREB19 and DREB26) in ArabidopsisSowmya Krishnaswamy
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2P5, Canada
Plant Mol Biol 75:107-27. 2011..Here, we report functional characterization of four AP2 TF family genes [(RAP2.6 (At1g43160), RAP2...
- Structural basis for small G protein effector interaction of Ras-related protein 1 (Rap1) and adaptor protein Krev interaction trapped 1 (KRIT1)Xiaofeng Li
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 287:22317-27. 2012..1-0.5% of the population resulting in leaky vasculature and severe neurological defects. KRIT1 (Krev interaction trapped-1) mutations associate with ∼40% of familial CCMs...
- RAP2.6L overexpression delays waterlogging induced premature senescence by increasing stomatal closure more than antioxidant enzyme activityPeiqing Liu
State Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Integrated Management of Crop Pests, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Plant Mol Biol 79:609-22. 2012..b>RAP2.6L (At5g13330) overexpression enhances plant resistance to jasmonic acid, salicylic acid, abscisic acid (ABA) and ..
- Mechanism for KRIT1 release of ICAP1-mediated suppression of integrin activationWeizhi Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Cell 49:719-29. 2013KRIT1 (Krev/Rap1 Interaction Trapped-1) mutations are observed in ∼40% of autosomal-dominant cerebral cavernous malformations (CCMs), a disease occurring in up to 0.5% of the population...
- Neurotoxicity and gene-expressed profile in brain-injured mice caused by exposure to titanium dioxide nanoparticlesYuguan Ze
Medical College, Soochow University, Suzhou, 215123, China
J Biomed Mater Res A 102:470-8. 2014..in Col1a1, serine/threonine-protein kinase 1, Ctnnb1, cysteine-serine-rich nuclear protein-1, Ddit4, Cyp2e1, and Krev interaction trapped protein 1 (Krit1) expressions and great decreases in DA receptor D2, Neu1, Fc receptor-like ..
- Rap G protein signal in normal and disordered lymphohematopoiesisNagahiro Minato
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Exp Cell Res 319:2323-8. 2013Rap proteins (Rap1, Rap2a, b, c) are small molecular weight GTPases of the Ras family. Rap G proteins mediate diverse cellular events such as cell adhesion, proliferation, and gene activation through various signaling pathways...
- Structural basis for type VI secreted peptidoglycan DL-endopeptidase function, specificity and neutralization in Serratia marcescensVelupillai Srikannathasan
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 69:2468-82. 2013..The structures of two immunity proteins, Rap1a and Rap2a, responsible for the neutralization of Ssp1 and Ssp2-like endopeptidases, respectively, revealed two distinct ..
- Association of cardiovascular risk factors with disease severity in cerebral cavernous malformation type 1 subjects with the common Hispanic mutationHelene Choquet
Center for Cerebrovascular Research, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 37:57-63. 2014..Familial CCM type 1 (CCM1) is an autosomal dominant disease caused by mutations in the Krev Interaction Trapped 1 (KRIT1/CCM1) gene, and is characterized by multiple brain lesions whose number and size ..
- Mechanisms of isoform specific Rap2 signaling during enterocytic brush border formationLucas J M Bruurs
Molecular Cancer Research and Cancer Genomics Netherlands, Center for Molecular Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e106687. 2014Brush border formation during polarity establishment of intestinal epithelial cells is uniquely governed by the Rap2A GTPase, despite expression of the other highly similar Rap2 isoforms (Rap2B and Rap2C)...
- KRIT1 protein depletion modifies endothelial cell behavior via increased vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) signalingPeter V DiStefano
From the Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642
J Biol Chem 289:33054-65. 2014..The CCM (cerebral cavernous malformation) family of proteins (KRIT1 (Krev-interaction trapped 1), PDCD10, and CCM2) are critical regulators of endothelial cell-cell contact and vascular ..
- PAK1 regulates RUFY3-mediated gastric cancer cell migration and invasionG Wang
Department of Cell Biology, Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Ministry of Public Health and Key Laboratory of Medical Cell Biology, Ministry of Education, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Cell Death Dis 6:e1682. 2015..Although RUFY3 (RUN and FYVE domain containing 3)/SINGAR1 (single axon-related1)/RIPX (Rap2 interacting protein X) has an important role in neuronal development, its pathophysiologic role and relevance to ..
- The low oxygen, oxidative and osmotic stress responses synergistically act through the ethylene response factor VII genes RAP2.12, RAP2.2 and RAP2.3Csaba Papdi
Biological Research Centre, Institute of Plant Biology, Temesvari krt 62, H 6726, Szeged, Hungary
Plant J 82:772-84. 2015The ethylene response factor VII (ERF-VII) transcription factor RELATED TO APETALA2.12 (RAP2.12) was previously identified as an activator of the ALCOHOL DEHYDROGENASE1 promoter::luciferase (ADH1-LUC) reporter gene...
- Role of Rap2 and its Downstream Effectors in TumorigenesisHui Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 101 Manning, Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 15:1269-76. 2015b>Rap2, a member of the GTP-binding proteins, is widely upregulated in many types of tumors...
- RAP-PCR fingerprinting reveals time-dependent expression of development-related genes following differentiation process of Bacillus thuringiensisTianpei Huang
a Key Laboratory of Biopesticide and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, 350002 Fuzhou, Fujian, People s Republic of China
Can J Microbiol 61:683-90. 2015..b>RAP2 was homologous to a ClpX protease and an ATP-dependent protease La (LonB), which likely acted as virulence factors...
- Structural analysis of the KRIT1 ankyrin repeat and FERM domains reveals a conformationally stable ARD-FERM interfaceRong Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Struct Biol 192:449-56. 2015..9 Å crystal structure of the ankyrin repeat domain (ARD) and FERM domain of the protein product of KRIT1 (KRIT1; Krev interaction trapped 1). The crystal structure reveals that the KRIT1 ARD contains 4 ankyrin repeats...
- miR-9 and miR-124 synergistically affect regulation of dendritic branching via the AKT/GSK3β pathway by targeting Rap2aQian Xue
Institute of Neurosciences, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Sci Rep 6:26781. 2016..In this study, we identified the small GTP-binding protein Rap2a as a common target of both miR-9 and miR-124...
- Universal stress protein HRU1 mediates ROS homeostasis under anoxiaSilvia Gonzali
PlantLab, Institute of Life Sciences, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Via Mariscoglio 34, Pisa 56124, Italy
Nat Plants 1:15151. 2015..universal stress protein (USP), Hypoxia Responsive Universal Stress Protein 1 (HRU1), is induced by RAP2.12 (Related to Apetala 2.12), an ERF-VII protein, and modulates ROS production in Arabidopsis...
- Oncogenic ras induces an inhibitor of double-stranded RNA-dependent eukaryotic initiation factor 2 alpha-kinase activationL J Mundschau
Boston University School of Medicine, Cancer Research Center, Massachusetts 02118
J Biol Chem 267:23092-8. 1992..produced the effect within 18 h of induction; 2) morphologic reversion of ras-transformed cells with cAMP or the Krev-1 gene restored potential for dsI activation; and 3) transformation by v-mos or v-abl had no effect on dsI ..
- Organization and chromosomal locations of Rap1a/Krev sequences in the mouseN A Dower
Department of Paediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Mamm Genome 3:162-7. 1992..Rap1a-rs2 is more distantly related to the gene sequence and is located on Chr 2 near Actc-1...
- RAP2B: a RAS-related GTP-binding protein from plateletsC A Ohmstede
Division of Cell Biology, Burroughs Wellcome Co, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:6527-31. 1990..analysis of one clone revealed that it encoded a partial amino acid sequence of a protein closely related to RAP2, which we have named RAP2B...
- Transformation suppressor genesM Noda
Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Princess Takamatsu Symp 20:233-9. 1989..We have recovered from one such revertant a 1.8 kb cDNA clone, "Krev-1", that possesses revertant-inducing activity in transfection assay...
- A ras-related gene with transformation suppressor activityH Kitayama
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Tsukuba Life Science Center, Ibaraki, Japan
Cell 56:77-84. 1989A 1.8 kb cDNA clone, Krev-1, with revertant-inducing activity on Kirsten sarcoma virus-transformed NIH/3T3 cells, has been isolated from a human fibroblast cDNA expression library...
- Characterization of a guanine nucleotide dissociation stimulator for a ras-related GTPaseC F Albright
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02142
EMBO J 12:339-47. 1993..than on any other GTPase tested, including other members of the ras family (H-ras, N-ras, K-ras, R-ras, rap1a and rap2), members of the rho family (rhoA, rhoB and CDC42-Hs) and members of the rab family (rab3a and ypt1)...
- Localization of rap1 and rap2 proteins in the gelatinase-containing granules of human neutrophilsF Mollinedo
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, C S I C, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 326:209-14. 1993..Neither rap1 nor rap2 proteins were found in the cytosol or in azurophilic granules. Rap2B, not rap2A, appeared to be the major rap2 protein in human neutrophils...
- Cloning of the murine Krit1 cDNA reveals novel mammalian 5' coding exonsJ Zhang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and The Institute of Genetic Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Genomics 70:392-5. 2000Human KRIT1 (Krev interaction trapped 1), a defective gene product in cerebral cavernous malformation, was cloned from a HeLa cell cDNA library by virtue of its interaction with Krev/rap1A, a small ras-family GTPase...
- Skipping in a hybrid polyketide synthase. Evidence for ACP-to-ACP chain transferIain Thomas
Cambridge Centre for Molecular Recognition and Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, CB2 1GA, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Chem Biol 9:781-7. 2002..module (LM), the extension modules erythromycin module 1, rapamycin module 2, and erythromycin module 2 (LM-Ery1-Rap2-Ery2-TE), when expressed in Saccharopolyspora erythraea strain JC2, produced as previously reported a mixture of ..
- High glucose stimulates synthesis of fibronectin via a novel protein kinase C, Rap1b, and B-Raf signaling pathwaySun Lin
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 277:41725-35. 2002..HG-induced activation of Rap1b was specific, since Rap2b activation and expression of Rap2a and Rap2b were unaffected by HG...
- Cloning, expression, and genomic structure of a novel human Rap2 interacting gene (RPIP9)Shu Wang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Biochem Genet 41:13-25. 2003During a large-scale screen of a human fetal brain cDNA library, a full-length cDNA encoding a novel Rap2 interacting protein was isolated and sequenced...
- Epac: a new cAMP target and new avenues in cAMP researchJohannes L Bos
Department for Physiological Chemistry and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4:733-8. 2003Five years ago, Epac--a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for the Ras-like small GTPases Rap1 and Rap2--was found to be a new target of cyclic AMP, which opened up new avenues for cAMP research...
- Transformation of immortalized colorectal crypt cells by microcystin involving constitutive activation of Akt and MAPK cascadeYongliang Zhu
Department of Gastroenterology and Cancer Institute, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
Carcinogenesis 26:1207-14. 2005..cells, PI3K, MAPKAPK2, Akt, cyclin D1 and cyclin D3 in the Akt pathway; IQGAP-2, RabGTPase, Rap1GAP, RasGAP, R-Ras, Krev-1 and TC21 of the Ras GTP/GDP protein family; and A-Raf, B-Raf and PAK in the Ras/MAPK pathway were all markedly ..
- Isogene specific oligo arrays reveal multifaceted changes in gene expression during grape berry (Vitis vinifera L.) developmentNancy Terrier
Unité Mixte de Recherche S P O, Biologie Intégrative de la Vigne et du Raisin, I N R A, 2 place Viala, 34060, Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Planta 222:832-47. 2005..Transcription factor analysis revealed the induction of RAP2 and WRKY genes at véraison, suggesting increasing biotic and abiotic stress conditions during ripening...
- A novel deletion mutation in CCM1 gene (krit1) is detected in a Chinese family with cerebral cavernous malformationsBao Hu Ji
Key Laboratory of Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Ningxia University, Yinchuan 750021, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 33:105-10. 2006..At present, CCM1 (7q21), CCM2 (7p13-p15) and CCM3 (3q25.2-q27) are respectively linked to krit1 (Krev interaction trapped gene 1), MGC4607 and PDCD10 (programmed cell death 10)...
- Crystal structure of the RUN domain of the RAP2-interacting protein xMutsuko Kukimoto-Niino
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:31843-53. 2006b>Rap2-interacting protein x (RPIPx) is a homolog of RPIP8, a specific effector of Rap2 GTPase. The N-terminal region of RPIP8, which contains the RUN domain, interacts with Rap2...
- XRab40 and XCullin5 form a ubiquitin ligase complex essential for the noncanonical Wnt pathwayRebecca Hui Kwan Lee
Department of Developmental Biology, National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
EMBO J 26:3592-606. 2007..XRab40/XCullin5 functions cooperatively and regulates the ubiquitination and localization of Rap2 GTPase...
- Transcription factor RAP2.2 and its interacting partner SINAT2: stable elements in the carotenogenesis of Arabidopsis leavesRalf Welsch
Faculty of Biology, Center for Applied Biosciences, Universitat Freiburg, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Plant Physiol 145:1073-85. 2007..The action of SINAT2 may explain the recalcitrance of AtRAP2.2 protein levels to change by altering AtRAP2.2 transcription...
- Alterations of lysine modifications on the histone H3 N-tail under drought stress conditions in Arabidopsis thalianaJong Myong Kim
Plant Functional Genomics Research Group, RIKEN Plant Science Center, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 49:1580-8. 2008....
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel ras-related protein (rap2) from Clonorchis sinensisWenjun Chen
Department of Parasitology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan 2nd Road, Guangzhou, 510080, People s Republic of China
Parasitol Res 108:1021-6. 2011..growth regulation in Clonorchis sinensis, we have identified a full-length sequence encoding a ras-related protein (rap2) from our adult cDNA library. The open reading frame contains 561 bp encoding 186 amino acids...
- Induction of smooth muscle cell migration during arteriogenesis is mediated by Rap2Jochen Pöling
Department of Cardiac Development and Remodelling, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2297-305. 2011..Arteriogenesis depends on activation of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptors, but relatively little is known about downstream mediators of FGF signaling...
- Rap1GAP impairs cell-matrix adhesion in the absence of effects on cell-cell adhesionLisa A Vuchak
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cell Adh Migr 5:323-31. 2011..Overexpression of Rap1GAP in human colon cancer cells impaired Rap2 activity and the ability of cells to spread and migrate on collagen IV...
- Making sense of low oxygen sensingJulia Bailey-Serres
Center for Plant Cell Biology, Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0124, USA
Trends Plant Sci 17:129-38. 2012..Oxygen-dependent sequestration at the plasma membrane maintains at least one of these proteins, RAP2.12, under normoxia...
- Micro-editing mistake translates into a devastating brain tumorDan Dominissini
Cancer Research Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Clin Invest 122:3842-5. 2012..Moreover, RAP2A and AMFR convincingly emerge as key regulators of glioma migration and invasion affected by deregulated microRNA ..
- Small molecule-enrichment analysis in response to osmotic stimuli in the intervertebral discH Ma
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shanghai First Rehabilitation Hospital, Shanghai, P R China
Genet Mol Res 11:3668-75. 2012..Based on microarray data, we concluded that RAP2A and GNA13 appear to have a role in response to osmotic stimuli in intervertebral discs...
- Proteome profiling of exosomes derived from human primary and metastatic colorectal cancer cells reveal differential expression of key metastatic factors and signal transduction componentsHong Ji
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Proteomics 13:1672-86. 2013..A key finding of this study was the detection and colocalization of protein complexes EPCAM-CLDN7 and TNIK-RAP2A in colorectal cancer cell exosomes...
- HNF1b is involved in prostate cancer risk via modulating androgenic hormone effects and coordination with other genesY L Hu
Medical Scientific Research Centre, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
Genet Mol Res 12:1327-35. 2013..Twelve genes (BAG1, DDR1, ERBB4, ESR1, HSPD1, IGFBP2, IGFBP5, NR4A1, PAWR, PIK3CG, RAP2A, and TPD52) were found to be associated with both HNF1b and prostate cancer risk...
- Array analysis for potential biomarker of gemcitabine identification in non-small cell lung cancer cell linesHai Hong Zhang
Department of Rheumatism and Immunology, First Clinical Medical College affiliated to Harbin Medical University Harbin, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 6:1734-46. 2013..all the above genes were upregulated in sensitive cells) and small GTPase mediated signal transduction (GNA13, RAP2A, ARHGAP5 and RAB23, down-regulated in sensitive cells)...
- Early transcriptional response of soybean contrasting accessions to root dehydrationJosé Ribamar Costa Ferreira Neto
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Genetics Department, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e83466. 2013..Additionally, nine transcripts (HMGR, XET, WRKY20, RAP2-4, EREBP, NAC3, PER, GPX5 and BMY) validated by RT-qPCR (four different time points) confirmed their differential ..
- Trans-dimerization of JAM-A regulates Rap2 and is mediated by a domain that is distinct from the cis-dimerization interfaceAna C Monteiro
Epithelial Pathobiology and Mucosal Inflammation Research Unit, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322
Mol Biol Cell 25:1574-85. 2014..of JAM-A dimerization on cell signaling revealed that expression of trans- but not cis-null JAM-A mutants decreased Rap2 activity. Furthermore, confluent cells, which enable trans-dimerization, had enhanced Rap2 activity...
- John R Hepler; Fiscal Year: 2016..guanine- nucleotide exchange factor activator for G1i, and also to inactive Gi11/3-GDP, active H-Ras and Rap2 and their effectors the Raf kinases...
- Investigating the Role of Malaria Rhoptry-Associated Protein 2 in Severe AnemiaNOE DAVID GOMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..The specific hypothesis driving this proposed research is that a protein called rhoptry-associated protein 2 (RAP2) plays a central role in the onset of SMA...
- RGS proteins as novel integrators of G protein and MAPK signalingJOHN HEPLER; Fiscal Year: 2009..is a highly unusual, multifunctional signaling protein that binds active Gi/oa subunits, inactive Gia subunits and Rap2, a Ras-like GTPase...
- Role of Programmed Cell Death10 (PDCD10) in p38 MAP kinase activation and PDK1 siSompop Bencharit; Fiscal Year: 2010..They encode three CCM proteins: Krit1 (Krev interaction trapped-1), OSM (Osmosensing scaffold for MEKK3 or malcalvernin), and PDCD10 (Programmed cell death 10)...
- Rytis Prekeris; Fiscal Year: 2016..Second, FIP5-dependent endocytic transport of Rap2A mediates microvilli formation in polarized epithelial cells...
- David A Calderwood; Fiscal Year: 2016..Regulation of the Cerebral Cavernous Malformation Complex ABSTRACT Loss of function of the three proteins, KRIT1 (Krev/Rap1 Interacting Trapped 1;CCM1, cerebral cavernous malformation 1), CCM2 (cerebral cavernous malformation 2;OSM, ..
- Exploring RGS14 signaling functions in the CA2 hippocampusJohn R Hepler; Fiscal Year: 2012..specific domains that bind active Gi/o1-GTP (RGS domain), inactive Gi11/2-GDP (GPR/GL domain) and active H-Ras/Rap2 and Raf (tandem Ras binding domains, or RBD)...
- Mechanisms of Synaptic Depression: Focus on Rap Signaling PathwaysJ Julius Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a preliminary study, we observed that small GTPase Rap2 controls depotentiation via activation of JNK...
- PATHOLOGY IN ANTICANCER/CANCER SUPPRESSOR REGULATIONRobert Scott; Fiscal Year: 1993..e. Krev-1 and rrg. Despite the unequivocal importance of these observations, a very important question remains unanswered...
- PHOSPHOLIPASE C AND ISLET BETA CELLSGRANT KELLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..This novel signaling pathway may play a critical role in glucose and hormone stimulated insulin secretion and beta cell function. ..
- LH ACTION IN OVARIAN CELL DIFFERENTIATIONJoanne Richards; Fiscal Year: 2007..A related and longer term goal of the research is to identify and characterize the genes regulated by LH, prostaglandins (PGs), and C/EBPs that control key steps in the ovulatory process. ..
- Synaptic Glutamate Release in DrosphilaAaron DiAntonio; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments will provide novel and fundamental information on the mechanisms by which VGLUT contributes to the development and function of glutamatergic synapses. ..
- Ovarian Follicular Developmental and Hormone ActionJoanne Richards; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Determine the molecular, cellular and hormonal basis of the altered ovarian phenotype of the TAFII105 null mice. 4) Determine the function of Wnt-4 in the adult ovary. ..
- LH ACTION IN OVARIAN CELL DIFFERENTIATIONJoanne Richards; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim II: Determine the function of AREG target genes that are uniquely expressed at high levels in ovulated COCs (compared to granulosa cells) and that impact ovulation. ..
- NOVEL PROTEINS, DNA CODING FOR SAID PROTEINS, AND THEIR USEPatent Number: WO9000179-A2; Date:1990-01-11