Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RANGAP1
Description: Ran GTPase activating protein 1
Alias: Fug1, RANGAP, ran GTPase-activating protein 1, segregation distorter homolog, segregation distortion
Publications182 found, 100 shown here
- Distinct and overlapping sets of SUMO-1 and SUMO-2 target proteins revealed by quantitative proteomicsAlfred C O Vertegaal
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:2298-310. 2006....
- Determinants of small ubiquitin-like modifier 1 (SUMO1) protein specificity, E3 ligase, and SUMO-RanGAP1 binding activities of nucleoporin RanBP2Jaclyn R Gareau
Structural Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Biol Chem 287:4740-51. 2012..repeat domain (IR1-M-IR2) that catalyzes E3 ligase activity and forms a stable complex with SUMO-modified RanGAP1 and UBC9 at the nuclear pore complex...
- Role of an N-terminal site of Ubc9 in SUMO-1, -2, and -3 binding and conjugationMichael H Tatham
Center for Biomolecular Sciences, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland
Biochemistry 42:9959-69. 2003..of Ubc9, and the effect of the amino acid substitutions on binding and conjugation to SUMO-1 and target protein RanGAP1 was investigated by isothermal titration calorimetry and biochemical analysis...
- In vitro SUMO-1 modification requires two enzymatic steps, E1 and E2T Okuma
School of Life Science, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo, 192 0392, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 254:693-8. 1999The SUMO-1 has been identified as a protein that is highly similar to ubiquitin and shown to conjugate to RanGAP1, PML, Sp200 and I kappa B alpha...
- SUMO-1 protease-1 regulates gene transcription through PMLJennifer L Best
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 10:843-55. 2002..SuPr-1 action on transcription was enhanced by PML, and SuPr-1 failed to activate transcription in PML-deficient fibroblasts. Our studies establish an important role for SUMO proteases in transcription...
- TOPORS functions as a SUMO-1 E3 ligase for chromatin-modifying proteinsPooja Pungaliya
Department of Pharmacology, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
J Proteome Res 6:3918-23. 2007..Transfection studies confirmed mammalian Sin3A as a sumoylation substrate for TOPORS. These findings suggest that TOPORS may function as a tumor suppressor by regulating mSin3A and other proteins involved in chromatin modification...
- RNA1 encodes a GTPase-activating protein specific for Gsp1p, the Ran/TC4 homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJ Becker
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Abteilung Strukturelle Biologie, Dortmund, Germany
J Biol Chem 270:11860-5. 1995..In addition, we find that the previously identified human RanGAP1 and rna1p from Schizosaccharomyces pombe are also able to induce GTPase activity of Gsp1p...
- Co-activation of RanGTPase and inhibition of GTP dissociation by Ran-GTP binding protein RanBP1F R Bischoff
Division for Molecular Biology of Mitosis, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
EMBO J 14:705-15. 1995..RanBP1 does not activate RanGTPase, but increases GTP hydrolysis induced by the RanGTPase-activating protein RanGAP1 by an order of magnitude. In the absence of RanGAP, it strongly inhibits RCC1-induced exchange of Ran-bound GTP...
- RanGAP1 induces GTPase activity of nuclear Ras-related RanF R Bischoff
Division for Molecular Biology of Mitosis, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:2587-91. 1994..Here a nuclear homodimeric 65-kDa protein, RanGAP1, is described, which we believe to be the immediate antagonist of RCC1...
- A novel ubiquitin-like modification modulates the partitioning of the Ran-GTPase-activating protein RanGAP1 between the cytosol and the nuclear pore complexM J Matunis
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Cell Biol 135:1457-70. 1996..A key regulator of the Ran GTP/GDP cycle is the 70-kD Ran-GTPase-activating protein RanGAP1. Here, we report the identification and localization of a novel form of RanGAP1...
- A small ubiquitin-related polypeptide involved in targeting RanGAP1 to nuclear pore complex protein RanBP2R Mahajan
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cell 88:97-107. 1997We have found that the mammalian Ran GTPase-activating protein RanGAP1 is highly concentrated at the cytoplasmic periphery of the nuclear pore complex (NPC), where it associates with the 358-kDa Ran-GTP-binding protein RanBP2...
- Molecular characterization of the SUMO-1 modification of RanGAP1 and its role in nuclear envelope associationR Mahajan
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 140:259-70. 1998The mammalian guanosine triphosphate (GTP)ase-activating protein RanGAP1 is the first example of a protein covalently linked to the ubiquitin-related protein SUMO-1...
- SUMO-1 modification and its role in targeting the Ran GTPase-activating protein, RanGAP1, to the nuclear pore complexM J Matunis
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York 10021, USA
J Cell Biol 140:499-509. 1998b>RanGAP1 is the GTPase-activating protein for Ran, a small ras-like GTPase involved in regulating nucleocytoplasmic transport...
- Structural basis for E2-mediated SUMO conjugation revealed by a complex between ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc9 and RanGAP1Victor Bernier-Villamor
Biochemistry Department, Structural Biology Program, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 108:345-56. 2002..Crystallographic analysis of a complex between mammalian Ubc9 and a C-terminal domain of RanGAP1 at 2...
- SUMO-1 targets RanGAP1 to kinetochores and mitotic spindlesJomon Joseph
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, National Institute of Child Health and Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 156:595-602. 2002b>RanGAP1 was the first documented substrate for conjugation with the ubiquitin-like protein SUMO-1. However, the functional significance of this conjugation has not been fully clarified...
- Enzymes of the SUMO modification pathway localize to filaments of the nuclear pore complexHong Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6498-508. 2002..In vitro binding studies revealed that Ubc9 and SUMO-1-modified RanGAP1 bind synergistically to form a trimeric complex with a component of the cytoplasmic filaments of the NPC, Nup358...
- The RanGAP1-RanBP2 complex is essential for microtubule-kinetochore interactions in vivoJomon Joseph
National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Building 18, Room 106, 18 Library Drive, MSC 5431, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr Biol 14:611-7. 2004b>RanGAP1 is the activating protein for the Ran GTPase. Vertebrate RanGAP1 is conjugated to a small ubiquitin-like protein, SUMO-1...
- Insights into E3 ligase activity revealed by a SUMO-RanGAP1-Ubc9-Nup358 complexDavid Reverter
Structural Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nature 435:687-92. 2005..In addition to being a SUMO E3, the nucleoporin Nup358/RanBP2 localizes SUMO-conjugated RanGAP1 to the cytoplasmic face of the nuclear pore complex by means of interactions in a complex that also includes Ubc9,..
- The structure of SENP1-SUMO-2 complex suggests a structural basis for discrimination between SUMO paralogues during processingLin Nan Shen
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland KY16 9ST, UK
Biochem J 397:279-88. 2006....
- The human Nup107-160 nuclear pore subcomplex contributes to proper kinetochore functionsMichela Zuccolo
Centre de Recherche, UMR 144 CNRS, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
EMBO J 26:1853-64. 2007..we show that the presence of the Nup107-160 complex at kinetochores is required for the recruitment of Crm1 and RanGAP1-RanBP2 to these structures...
- Mechanism and consequences for paralog-specific sumoylation of ubiquitin-specific protease 25Erik Meulmeester
Department of Biochemistry I, Faculty of Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 23, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Cell 30:610-9. 2008..One mechanism for paralog-specific sumoylation may, thus, involve SIM-dependent recruitment of SUMO1 or SUMO2/3 thioester-charged Ubc9 to targets...
- Protection from isopeptidase-mediated deconjugation regulates paralog-selective sumoylation of RanGAP1Shanshan Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cell 33:570-80. 2009..Despite being equally well modified by SUMO-1 and SUMO-2 in vitro, RanGAP1 is selectively modified by SUMO-1 in vivo...
- Structure of the Siz/PIAS SUMO E3 ligase Siz1 and determinants required for SUMO modification of PCNAAli A Yunus
Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Cell 35:669-82. 2009..Mutational analysis of Siz1 and PCNA revealed surfaces on both proteins that are required for efficient SUMO modification of PCNA in vitro and in vivo...
- The RanBP2/RanGAP1*SUMO1/Ubc9 complex is a multisubunit SUMO E3 ligaseAndreas Werner
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, DKFZ ZMBH Alliance, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 46:287-98. 2012..However, why RanBP2 functions in vivo has been unclear: throughout the cell cycle it stably interacts with RanGAP1*SUMO1 and Ubc9, whose binding sites overlap with the E3 ligase region...
- Human RanGTPase-activating protein RanGAP1 is a homologue of yeast Rna1p involved in mRNA processing and transportF R Bischoff
Division of Molecular Biology of Mitosis, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:1749-53. 1995b>RanGAP1 is the GTPase activator for the nuclear Ras-related regulatory protein Ran, converting it to the putatively inactive GDP-bound state. Here, we report the amino acid sequence of RanGAP1, derived from cDNA and peptide sequences...
- Identification of different roles for RanGDP and RanGTP in nuclear protein importD Gorlich
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 15:5584-94. 1996..The principal GTP exchange factor for Ran is the nuclear protein RCC1, whereas the major RanGAP is cytoplasmic, predicting that nuclear Ran is mainly in the GTP form and cytoplasmic Ran is in the GDP-bound form...
- RanGAP1*SUMO1 is phosphorylated at the onset of mitosis and remains associated with RanBP2 upon NPC disassemblySowmya Swaminathan
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 164:965-71. 2004The RanGTPase activating protein RanGAP1 has essential functions in both nucleocytoplasmic transport and mitosis...
- The Nup358-RanGAP complex is required for efficient importin alpha/beta-dependent nuclear importSaskia Hutten
Department of Biochemistry I, Faculty of Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, 37073, Gottingen, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 19:2300-10. 2008..Nup358 forms a complex with SUMOylated RanGAP1, the GTPase activating protein for Ran...
- Regulation of Wnt signaling by the nuclear pore complexMiki Shitashige
Chemotherapy Division and Cancer Proteomics Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 134:1961-71, 1971.e1-4. 2008..However, beta-catenin has no nuclear localization signal, and the mechanisms by which beta-catenin is imported into the nucleus and forms a complex with the TCF-4 nuclear protein are poorly understood...
- Construction of two genetic linkage maps in cultivated tetraploid alfalfa (Medicago sativa) using microsatellite and AFLP markersBernadette Julier
INRA, Unité de Génétique et d Amélioration des Plantes Fourragères, 86600 Lusignan, France
BMC Plant Biol 3:9. 2003..A genetic map was constructed with AFLP and SSR markers using specific mapping procedures for autotetraploids. The tetrasomic inheritance was analysed in an alfalfa mapping population...
- A comparative analysis of the rainbow trout genome with 2 other species of fish (Arctic charr and Atlantic salmon) within the tetraploid derivative Salmonidae family (subfamily: Salmoninae)Roy G Danzmann
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, ON, Canada
Genome 48:1037-51. 2005..some possible exceptions were detected and these findings are discussed in relation to their influence on segregation distortion patterns...
- Export of importin alpha from the nucleus is mediated by a specific nuclear transport factorU Kutay
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Cell 90:1061-71. 1997..Importin alpha is released from this complex in the cytoplasm by the combined action of RanBP1 and RanGAP1. CAS binds preferentially to NLS-free importin alpha, explaining why import substrates stay in the nucleus.
- Mapping of a quantitative trait locus for resistance against infectious salmon anaemia in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): comparing survival analysis with analysis on affected/resistant dataThomas Moen
AKVAFORSK Institute of Aquaculture Research, As, Norway
BMC Genet 8:53. 2007..e. using time-to-event data), and to compare results using survival analysis with results from analysis on the dichotomous trait 'affected/resistant'...
- Ran-binding protein 5 (RanBP5) is related to the nuclear transport factor importin-beta but interacts differently with RanBP1R Deane
Abteilung Molekulare Biologie der Mitose, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 17:5087-96. 1997..Like importin-beta, RanBP5 strongly binds the GTP-bound form of Ran, stabilizing it against both intrinsic and RanGAP1-induced GTP hydrolysis and also against nucleotide exchange...
- Segregation distortion of wild-type alleles at the Machado-Joseph disease locus: a study in normal families from the Azores islands (Portugal)Conceição Bettencourt
Department of Biology CIRN, University of the Azores, Rua Mãe de Deus, Apartado 1422, 9501 801 Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal
J Hum Genet 53:333-9. 2008..Therefore, the genotypic composition of the transmitters in a sample to be analysed should influence the ability to detect SRD, acting as a confounding factor...
- A genetic linkage map of microsatellite, gene-specific and morphological markers in diploid FragariaD J Sargent
East Malling Research, New Road, East Malling, West Malling, Kent ME19 6BJ, UK
Theor Appl Genet 109:1385-91. 2004..b>Segregation distortion was observed at a high proportion of loci (54%), which could reflect the interspecific nature of the ..
- Covalent modification of PML by the sentrin family of ubiquitin-like proteinsT Kamitani
Department of Internal Medicine, and Research Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases, The University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 273:3117-20. 1998..Similar specificity is also observed for the covalent modification of RanGAP1 by the sentrin member of ubiquitin-like proteins...
- Alignment of genetic and physical maps of Gibberella zeaeJungkwan Lee
USDA ARS Plant Science and Entomology Research Unit, Throckmorton Plant Sciences Center, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506 5502, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2349-59. 2008..Two of four regions with segregation distortion were explained by the two selectable markers employed in making the cross...
- Differential regulation of sentrinized proteins by a novel sentrin-specific proteaseL Gong
Research Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Institute of Molecular Medicine for the Prevention of Human Diseases, Division of Molecular Medicine, The University of Texas Houston Health Science, Houston, USA
J Biol Chem 275:3355-9. 2000..a tumor suppressor protein that resides in the nucleus, was selectively affected by SENP1, whereas sentrinized RanGAP1, which is associated with the cytoplasmic fibrils of the nuclear pore complex, remained intact...
- Genomic linkage map of the human blood fluke Schistosoma mansoniCharles D Criscione
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Genome Biol 10:R71. 2009..mansoni's molecular, quantitative, and population genetics. Our goal was to construct a genetic linkage map for S. mansoni, and thus provide a new resource that will help stimulate research on this neglected pathogen...
- WPP-domain proteins mimic the activity of the HSC70-1 chaperone in preventing mistargeting of RanGAP1-anchoring protein WIT1Jelena Brkljacic
Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, Plant Biotechnology Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Plant Physiol 151:142-54. 2009..They have sequence similarity to the nuclear envelope-targeting domain of plant RanGAP1, the GTPase activating protein of the small GTPase Ran...
- Anchorage of plant RanGAP to the nuclear envelope involves novel nuclear-pore-associated proteinsXianfeng Morgan Xu
Plant Biotechnology Center and Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Curr Biol 17:1157-63. 2007..Mammalian RanGAP1 targeting to the NE and kinetochores requires interaction of its sumoylated C-terminal domain with the ..
- High genetic differentiation between an African and a non-African strain of Drosophila simulans revealed by segregation distortion and reduced crossover frequencyHaruki Tatsuta
Department of Population Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka 411 8540, Japan
Genetica 137:165-71. 2009..melanogaster. Here, we report a strong segregation distortion in the F1 intercross between two D...
- Negative segregation distortion in the SD system of Drosophila melanogaster: a challenge to the concept of differential sensitivity of Rsp allelesY Hiraizumi
Department of Zoology, University of Texas, Austin 78712
Genetics 125:515-25. 1990Current models of segregation distortion based on previous experimental results predict that, in the Sd heterozygous Rspi/Rsps male, the chromosome carrying the sensitive Rsps allele is distorted or transmitted in a frequency smaller than ..
- Analysis of segregation distortion and association of the bovine FGF2 with fertilization rate and early embryonic survivalX Wang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
Anim Genet 40:722-8. 2009..A significant segregation distortion was observed for 169 embryos genotyped for the g.23G>T SNP...
- Construction of a high-density composite map and comparative mapping of segregation distortion regions in barleyHaobing Li
Tasmanian Institute of Agricultural Research and School of Agricultural Science, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 54, Hobart, TAS, 7001, Australia
Mol Genet Genomics 284:319-31. 2010b>Segregation distortion can negatively impact on gains expected using selection...
- Evolution at the mouse t complex: why is the t haplotype preserved as an integral unit?M van Boven
Institute for Animal Science and Health, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Evolution 54:1795-808. 2000..All well-known segregation distortion systems consist of one or more "distorter" loci that act upon a "responder" locus...
- Sexual conflict and the alternation of haploid and diploid generationsDavid Haig
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University, 26 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 361:335-43. 2006..Therefore, sexual conflict is predicted to be attenuated. Finally, we explore similarities among models of mate choice, offspring choice and segregation distortion.
- Genetic basis for dosage sensitivity in Arabidopsis thalianaIsabelle M Henry
Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e70. 2007..recombinant inbred lines, a single locus, which we call SENSITIVE TO DOSAGE IMBALANCE (SDI), exhibited segregation distortion in the tetraploid subpopulation only...
- Precision of distances and ordering of microsatellite markers in consensus linkage maps of chromosomes 1, 3 and 4 from two reciprocal chicken populations using bootstrap samplingM F Rosário
Departamento de Genetica, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Piracicaba, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 9:1357-76. 2010..Some loci showed segregation distortion and missing data, but this did not affect the analyses negatively...
- Segregation distortion and linkage analysis in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.)Lorenzo Barchi
University of Turin, Department of Exploitation and Protection of the Agricultural and Forestry Resources DiVaPRA, Plant Genetics and Breeding, Via Grugliasco TO, Italy
Genome 53:805-15. 2010..as well as markers closely linked to Rfo-sa1 was substantially distorted, while in the F2 population, segregation distortion was restricted to just 10 markers, and thus the latter was chosen for map development...
- Molecular analysis of the responder satellite DNA in Drosophila melanogaster: DNA bending, nucleosome structure, and Rsp-binding proteinsP Doshi
Department of Biology, University of Rochester
Mol Biol Evol 8:721-41. 1991The Responder (Rsp) locus of Drosophila melanogaster, the target locus of segregation distortion, is a satellite DNA array. This repeat array imparts some fitness advantage to the chromosomes bearing it...
- Common features of segregation distortion in plants and animalsDouglas R Taylor
Department of Biology, Box 400328, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4328, USA
Genetica 117:27-35. 2003b>Segregation distortion is increasingly recognized as a potentially powerful evolutionary force...
- An AFLP-based genetic linkage map of channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) constructed by using an interspecific hybrid resource familyZhanjiang Liu
The Fish Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Fisheries and Allied Aquacultures Program of Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849, USA
Genetics 165:687-94. 2003..Among the remaining 189 markers, 101 were not used because of significant segregation distortion, 29 were unlinked, and 59 were eliminated because they span very large distances...
- Genetic segregation of microsatellite markers in Saccharum officinarum and S. spontaneumS J Edmé
USDA ARS Sugarcane Field Station, 12990 US Hwy 441 N, Canal Point, FL 33438, USA
Heredity (Edinb) 97:366-75. 2006..A specific chromosome associated with segregation distortion was detected in the female (GG) genome only, probably as a result of double reduction...
- Localized RanGTP accumulation promotes microtubule nucleation at kinetochores in somatic mammalian cellsLiliana Torosantucci
IBPM Institute of Molecular Biology and Pathology, National Research Council, c o University of Rome La Sapienza, 00185 Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 19:1873-82. 2008..requires local RanGTP accumulation concomitant with delocalization from kinetochores of the hydrolysis factor RanGAP1. Kinetochore-driven microtubule nucleation is also activated after cold-induced microtubule disassembly when ..
- A SSR-based composite genetic linkage map for the cultivated peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) genomeYanbin Hong
Guangdong Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Crops Research Institute, Guangzhou, PR China
BMC Plant Biol 10:17. 2010....
- Genome mapping of white clover (Trifolium repens L.) and comparative analysis within the Trifolieae using cross-species SSR markersYan Zhang
Forage Improvement Division, The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, 2510, Sam Noble Parkway, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Theor Appl Genet 114:1367-78. 2007..Map density was approximately 5 cM per locus. Segregation distortion was detected in six segments of the genome (homoeologous groups A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, and D1)...
- The genetic architecture of ecological speciation and the association with signatures of selection in natural lake whitefish (Coregonus sp. Salmonidae) species pairsS M Rogers
Québec Océan, Departement de Biologie, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Mol Biol Evol 24:1423-38. 2007..Two parallel QTL outliers for growth and condition factor exhibited segregation distortion in both mapping families, supporting the hypothesis that adaptive divergence contributing to parallel ..
- Development of molecular markers and linkage maps for the Carthamus species C. tinctorius and C. oxyacanthusReinhold Mayerhofer
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2E9, Canada
Genome 53:266-76. 2010..Noticeable segregation distortion was found on one linkage group of the C...
- Recent approaches into the genetic basis of inbreeding depression in plantsDavid E Carr
Blandy Experimental Farm, University of Virginia, 400 Blandy Farm Lane, Boyce, VA 22620, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 358:1071-84. 2003..Studies of marker segregation distortion commonly uncover genes of major effect on viability, but these have only minor contributions to inbreeding ..
- Familial mycosis fungoides: report of 6 kindreds and a study of the HLA systemEmmilia Hodak
Department of Dermatology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Petah Tiqva, Israel
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:393-402. 2005..Recently, the HLA class II alleles DRB1* 11 and DQB1* 03 have been found to be significantly increased for patients with sporadic MF, suggesting a possible immunogenetic basis for the pathogenesis of this malignancy...
- An expressed sequence tag SSR map of tetraploid alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.)M K Sledge
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, 73402 OK, USA
Theor Appl Genet 111:980-92. 2005..5 to 4.4 cM, and an overall average density of 2.2 cM. Segregation distortion was 10%, and distorted loci tended to cluster on individual homologues of several linkage groups.
- Simple sequence repeat marker development and genetic mapping in quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.)D E Jarvis
Brigham Young University, Department of Plant and Animal Sciences, Provo, UT 84602, USA
J Genet 87:39-51. 2008..The map consists of 38 linkage groups (LGs) covering 913 cM. Segregation distortion was observed in the mapping population for several marker loci, indicating possible chromosomal regions ..
- Selection at work in self-incompatible Arabidopsis lyrata. II. Spatial distribution of S haplotypes in IcelandMikkel H Schierup
Department of Ecology and Genetics, Institute of Biology, University of Aarhus, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Genetics 180:1051-9. 2008..Frequencies in nature reflect effects of segregation distortion previously observed in controlled crosses...
- Virtual breakdown of the nuclear envelope in fission yeast meiosisHaruhiko Asakawa
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Curr Biol 20:1919-25. 2010Asymmetric localization of Ran regulators (RanGAP1 and RanGEF/RCC1) produces a gradient of RanGTP across the nuclear envelope. In higher eukaryotes, the nuclear envelope breaks down as the cell enters mitosis (designated "open" mitosis)...
- Quantitative trait locus mapping can benefit from segregation distortionShizhong Xu
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Genetics 180:2201-8. 2008b>Segregation distortion is a phenomenon that has been observed in many experimental systems. How segregation distortion among markers arises and its impact on mapping studies are the focus of this work...
- The independent distorting ability of the Enhancer of Segregation Distortion, E(SD), in Drosophila melanogasterR G Temin
Laboratory of Genetics, University of Wisconsin Madison 53706
Genetics 128:339-56. 1991b>Segregation distortion is a meiotic drive system, discovered in wild populations, in which males heterozygous for an SD chromosome and a sensitive SD+ homolog transmit the SD chromosome almost exclusively...
- Segregation ratios within Segregation Distorter lines of Drosophila melanogaster conform to a beta-binomial distributionC B Sharp
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Genet Res 55:165-70. 1990..The demonstration that the prior distribution of segregation ratios of SD lines can generally be approximated with a beta distribution is crucial for the biometrical analysis of segregation distortion.
- Evolution of segregation distortion: potential for a high degree of polymorphismM van Boven
Department of Genetics, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
J Theor Biol 192:131-42. 1998By means of a population genetical model, we study the evolution of segregation distortion. Most models of segregation distortion focus on a single distorter allele...
- Single sperm analysis of the CAG repeats in the gene for dentatorubral-pallidoluysian atrophy (DRPLA): the instability of the CAG repeats in the DRPLA gene is prominent among the CAG repeat diseasesY Takiyama
Department of Neurology, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 8:453-7. 1999..161) from the expected 1:1 segregation ratio, and thus segregation distortion of expanded alleles in meiosis in male patients with DRPLA was not demonstrated.
- Epistatic control of non-Mendelian inheritance in mouse interspecific crossesX Montagutelli
Unite de Genetique des Mammiferes, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Genetics 143:1739-52. 1996..for this deviation from Mendelian expectations is not yet known but it is probably based on lethality of embryos carrying particular combinations of alleles rather than true segregation distortion during oogenesis in F1 hybrid females.
- Modification of Ran GTPase-activating protein by the small ubiquitin-related modifier SUMO-1 requires Ubc9, an E2-type ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme homologueG W Lee
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Division of Rheumatology, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:6503-7. 1998Covalent modification of the Ran GTPase-activating protein RanGAP1 with the ubiquitin-related protein SUMO-1 promotes its association with Nup358, a component of the cytoplasmic fibrils emanating from the nuclear pore complex (1,2)...
- T-DNA mediated disruption of essential gametophytic genes in Arabidopsis is unexpectedly rare and cannot be inferred from segregation distortion aloneS Bonhomme
INRA Station de Génétique et d Amélioration des Plantes, Centre de Versailles Grignon, Versailles, France
Mol Gen Genet 260:444-52. 1998..Mutants can therefore be screened on the basis of segregation distortion for a reporter resistance gene contained in the T-DNA...
- A novel mammalian Smt3-specific isopeptidase 1 (SMT3IP1) localized in the nucleolus at interphaseT Nishida
School of Life Science, Tokyo University of Parmacy and Life Science, Japan
Eur J Biochem 267:6423-7. 2000..SMT3IP1 expressed by the baculovirus-expression system had the ability to cleave SUMO-1 or Smt3b from SUMO-1/RanGAP1 or Smt3b/RanGAP1 conjugates, respectively, and the activity was a little stronger towards the Smt3b conjugate ..
- A genetic map of Gibberella zeae (Fusarium graminearum)J E Jurgenson
Department of Biology, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614, USA
Genetics 160:1451-60. 2002..Three of the nine linkage groups contain regions in which there are high levels of segregation distortion. Selection for the nitrate-utilizing recombinant progeny can explain two of the three skewed regions...
- Phylogeography of sex ratio and multiple mating in stalk-eyed flies from southeast AsiaGerald S Wilkinson
Department of Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Genetica 117:37-46. 2003..Coevolution between segregation distortion and modifiers should produce transient SR distortion while selection can result in a stable polymorphism...
- Genetic mapping and QTL analysis of fiber-related traits in cotton ( Gossypium)M Mei
Department of Soil and Crop Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77840 2474, USA
Theor Appl Genet 108:280-91. 2004..b>Segregation distortion was observed in 30 out of 392 loci mapped in cotton...
- [Mapping by molecular markers showing segregation distortion]Jun Tan
Department of Agronomy, College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Yi Chuan 26:356-8. 2004..It is better to use the molecular marker showing segregation distortion for constructing a genetic map, in the case of seriously skew segregation between both the adjoining ..
- A new intervarietal linkage map and its application for quantitative trait locus analysis of "gigas" features in bread wheatKazuhiro Suenaga
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Genome 48:65-75. 2005..0 cM. Loci with segregation distortion were clustered on chromosomes 1A, 4B, 4D, 5A, 6A, 6B, and 6D...
- Modeling segregation distortion for viability selection. I. Reconstruction of linkage maps with distorted markersChengsong Zhu
Section on Statistical Genomics, State Key Laboratory of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Enhancement National Center for Soybean Improvement, College of Agriculture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, People s Republic of China
Theor Appl Genet 114:295-305. 2007..Results showed that the adjusted linkage maps can be used for further QTL or segregation distortion locus (SDL) analysis unless there are strong evidences to prove that all markers show normal Mendelian ..
- Identification and characterization of segregation distortion loci along chromosome 5B in tetraploid wheatSunil Kumar
Department of Plant Sciences, Loftsgard Hall, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 278:187-96. 2007b>Segregation distortion genes are widespread in plants and animals and function by their effect on competition among gametes for preferential fertilization...
- Genetic properties of the maize nested association mapping populationMichael D McMullen
United States Department of Agriculture Agriculture Research Service USDA ARS, USA
Science 325:737-40. 2009..identified evidence for numerous minor single-locus effects but little two-locus linkage disequilibrium or segregation distortion, which indicated a limited role for genes with large effects and epistatic interactions on fitness...
- A rice DEAD-box protein, OsRH36, can complement an Arabidopsis atrh36 mutant, but cannot functionally replace its yeast homolog Dbp8pChun Kai Huang
Department of Life Science, National Central University, Zhongli, Taoyuan County, Taiwan, ROC
Plant Mol Biol 74:119-28. 2010..complementation tests among three homologous DEAD-box protein genes indicated that OsRH36 can restore segregation distortion in the Arabidopsis atrh36-1 mutant, but cannot complement the lethal phenotype in the yeast dbp8p mutant...
- Insights into species divergence and the evolution of hermaphroditism from fertile interspecies hybrids of Caenorhabditis nematodesGavin C Woodruff
Department of Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Genetics 186:997-1012. 2010..These hybrid animals were genotyped at 23 loci, and significant segregation distortion (biased against C. briggsae) was detected at 13 loci...
- Identification of biochemically distinct properties of the small ubiquitin-related modifier (SUMO) conjugation pathway in Plasmodium falciparumKatherine Reiter
From the Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and
J Biol Chem 288:27724-36. 2013..falciparum E1- and E2-conjugating enzymes interact effectively to recognize and modify RanGAP1, a model mammalian SUMO substrate. However, in heterologous reactions, P...
- E2-mediated small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) modification of thymine DNA glycosylase is efficient but not selective for the enzyme-product complexChristopher T Coey
From the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 and
J Biol Chem 289:15810-9. 2014..6 min(-1) and K1/2 = 0.55 μM, suggesting that E2∼SUMO-1 has higher affinity for TDG than for the SUMO targets RanGAP1 and p53 (peptide)...
- Resolution of genetic map expansion caused by excess heterozygosity in plant recombinant inbred populationsSandra K Truong
Interdisciplinary Program in Genetics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 Biochemistry and Biophysics Department, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843
G3 (Bethesda) 4:1963-9. 2014..This segregation distortion causes the overestimation of recombination frequencies and consequent genetic map expansion...
- Development and validation of 697 novel polymorphic genomic and EST-SSR markers in the American cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon Ait.)Brandon Schlautman
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1575 Linden Dr Madison, WI 53706, USA
Molecules 20:2001-13. 2015..More than 95% of the 507 loci did not display segregation distortion at the p < 0...
- Genetic Map of Triticale Integrating Microsatellite, DArT and SNP MarkersMirosław Tyrka
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Chemistry, Rzeszow University of Technology, Rzeszow, Poland
PLoS ONE 10:e0145714. 2015..2 cM for chromosome 7B. A total of 512 (31.7%) bin markers showed significant (P < 0.05) segregation distortion across all chromosomes...
- Distorted segregation in plant hybrids and its implication for evolutionWang Zhe
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Ecological Engineering, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Fudan University, Shanghai 200438, China
Yi Chuan 38:801-10. 2016..resulting in allelic segregation that significantly deviated from the Mendelian ratio, referred to as segregation distortion (SD)...
- Genome-Wide Differentiation of Various Melon Horticultural Groups for Use in GWAS for Fruit Firmness and Construction of a High Resolution Genetic MapPadma Nimmakayala
Gus R Douglass Institute and Department of Biology, West Virginia State University Institute, WV, USA
Front Plant Sci 7:1437. 2016..A high-resolution genetic map with 7153 loci was constructed. Genome-wide segregation distortion and recombination rate across various chromosomes were characterized...
- Mouse model of split hand/foot malformation type IGiorgio R Merlo
Telethon Laboratory CBA, Dulbecco Telethon Medical Institute DTMI, Genova, Italy
Genesis 33:97-101. 2002..However, incomplete penetrance, variable expressivity, segregation distortion, and syndromic association with other anomalies have so far prevented the identification of the SHFM1 gene(..
- The Ran GTPase regulates kinetochore functionAlexei Arnaoutov
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, NICHD, NIH, Building 18, Room 106, 20892, Bethesda, MD, USA
Dev Cell 5:99-111. 2003..Depletion of Ran's GTPase activating protein (RanGAP1) and its accessory factor (RanBP1) similarly abrogates checkpoint arrest...
- Genetic dissection of intermated recombinant inbred lines using a new genetic map of maizeYan Fu
Interdepartmental Genetics Graduate Program, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 3467, USA
Genetics 174:1671-83. 2006..The observations that two segregation distortion regions overlap with maize flowering-time QTL suggest that the altered allele frequencies were a ..
- Protein interactions in the sumoylation cascade: lessons from X-ray structuresZhongshu Tang
Department of Neurochemistry, Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Deutschordenstrasse 46, Frankfurt, Germany
FEBS J 275:3003-15. 2008..the E1 and E2 enzymes Aos1-uba2 and ubc9, or SUMO-1 and E2 together with the E3 ligase RanBP2 and its substrate RanGAP1. Their comparison provides insight into the protein interactions underlying sumoylation, and suggests how SUMO ..
- Construction of a consensus linkage map for red clover (Trifolium pratense L.)Sachiko Isobe
Kazusa DNA Research Institute, Kazusa Kamatari 2 6 7, Kisarazu, Chiba, 292 0818, Japan
BMC Plant Biol 9:57. 2009..For red clover, three genetic linkage maps have been published, but the information in these existing maps has not been integrated...
- IRREGULAR TRICHOME BRANCH 2 (ITB2) encodes a putative aminophospholipid translocase that regulates trichome branch elongation in ArabidopsisXiaoguo Zhang
Department of Biology, University of Florida Genetics Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 8526, USA
Plant J 60:195-206. 2009..We also found that itb2/ala3 mutant pollen does not grow as well as wild-type pollen, leading to severe segregation distortion. Our results suggest that aminophospholipid translocases play an important role in the polar growth of ..
- SD3, an Arabidopsis thaliana homolog of TIM21, affects intracellular ATP levels and seedling developmentHidefumi Hamasaki
Plant Functional Genomics Research Group, Plant Science Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Mol Plant 5:461-71. 2012..We have characterized a seedling-lethal mutant segregation distortion 3 (sd3) that showed a very dwarf phenotype when grown in the light and, in the dark, had short hypocotyls ..
- Use of the advanced backcross-QTL method to transfer seed mineral accumulation nutrition traits from wild to Andean cultivated common beansMatthew W Blair
Universidad Nacional de Colombia, km 12 via Chapinero, Palmira, Valle, Colombia
Theor Appl Genet 125:1015-31. 2012..b>Segregation distortion around domestication genes made some areas difficult to introgress...
- Validation of the effects of molecular marker polymorphisms in LcyE and CrtRB1 on provitamin A concentrations for 26 tropical maize populationsRaman Babu
CIMMYT, Apdo Postal 6 641, 06600, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Theor Appl Genet 126:389-99. 2013..LcyE exhibited significant segregation distortion (SD) in all the eight, while CrtRB1 in five of eight digenic populations studied, with favorable alleles ..
- Thomas M Aune; Fiscal Year: 2014..pathways, these repair mechanisms;ATR, DNA-PKcs, and ATM, and cell cycle checkpoints, JNK2, p53, p21, p27, CHEK2, RANGAP1 are defective resulting in failure of DNA repair and loss of genomic integrity...
- ESTHER BETRAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..It is now clear that the testes are subject to strong selection due to male competition, segregation distortion and/or parasite-related conflicts, and this is driving rapid evolution at the protein level and likely in ..
- GENETICS OF INSULIN-DEPENDENT DIABETES MELLITUSCHESTER ALPER; Fiscal Year: 1991..Finally, the transmission of extended haplotypes from mothers and fathers will be analyzed in all study families to identify haplotypes with segregation distortion (possible human analogs of mouse t- mutants).
- MATTHEW SIMON COOK; Fiscal Year: 2014..as small RNA-deficient (Dicer mutant) oocytes will be used to determine whether endo-siRNAs directly regulate Rangap1, and thus RanGTP levels, to facilitate normal spindle assembly...
- The Genetics of Parallel Reproductive Isolation in Stickleback Species PairsCatherine L Peichel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our third aim is to detect regions of the genome causing postzygotic isolation by measuring segregation distortion at SNP markers in these pond-raised hybrids compared with that in control embryos made in the laboratory...
- MOLECULAR AND EVOLUTIONARY GENETICS OF SEGREGATIONCHUNG WU; Fiscal Year: 1992..The target for segregation distortion is the Responder (Rsp) locus: the alleles at the locus are broadly classified as sensitive or insensitive...
- INFLUENCE OF SEX AND HLA ON RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISGeorge Moxley; Fiscal Year: 2003..RA families will be studied to determine whether there is segregation distortion of RA-associated HLA haplotypes, that is, whether a child (either affected or not) is more likely than ..
- MUTATION IN HYBRIDS OF DROSOPHILAMichael Simmons; Fiscal Year: 2000..The traits of this syndrome include an elevated mutation rate, frequent chromosome breakage, segregation distortion and sterility. When the P family is regulated, the incidence or severity of these traits is reduced...
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF THE T COMPLEXJohn Schimenti; Fiscal Year: 2006..genes within the t complex cause a variety of phenotypes, including embryonic lethality, male infertility, segregation distortion, hybrid sterility, parent-of-origin (imprinting) effects, and sex reversal...
- METHODS FOR HUMAN GENETIC LINKAGE MAPPINGMary Sara McPeek; Fiscal Year: 2001..Implement and improve programs for detecting segregation distortion, modeling interference, and for robust marker ordering with sperm data...
- INDUCED ABORTION AND BREAST CANCER RISKDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Exposure to Bisphenol A & Reproductive Effect in HumansDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study will evaluate the reproductive effects of BPA in settings where there have been high levels of exposure. The study will also investigate effects in multiple human generations. ..
- Prenatal MF Exposure & Miscarriage Risk Among WomenDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from the proposed study will provide much needed confirmation of the recently reported results and advance our understanding of a MF health effect. ..
- Mixed Model Approach to Gene Mapping for Complex TraitsShizhong Xu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The number, map positions and effects of QTL responsible for ethological divergence between species will be determined by associating mating behavior with polymorphic molecular markers in interspecific backcross hybrids. ..
- Prenatal NSAID Use and MiscarriageDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..