Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RAI1
Description: retinoic acid induced 1
Alias: SMCR, SMS, retinoic acid-induced protein 1, Smith-Magenis syndrome chromosome region
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- The effect of the E2 prostaglandin enprostil, and the somatostatin analogue SMS 201 995, on the growth of a human gastric cell line, MKN45GS A Watson
Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories, University of Nottingham, UK
Int J Cancer 45:90-4. 1990The effect of enprostil and the somatostatin analogue SMS 201 995 on the growth of a clonal variant of the human gastric adenocarcinoma cell line, MKN45, was studied...
- Inhibition of experimental angiogenesis by the somatostatin analogue octreotide acetate (SMS 201-995)R Danesi
Scuola Superiore di Studi Universitari e di Perfezionamento S Anna, Via Carducci 40, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 3:265-72. 1997The present study investigates the effect of the somatostatin analogue octreotide acetate (SMS 201-995) on experimental angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo...
- Genetic and histological assessment of surgical margins in resected liver metastases from colorectal carcinoma: minimum surgical margins for successful resectionNorihiro Kokudo
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan 113 8655
Arch Surg 137:833-40. 2002There have been few reports on the minimum surgical margins (SMs) required for successful liver resection in patients with colorectal metastases. This minimum requirement may be narrower than the previously recommended margin of 10 mm.
- The effect of pegvisomant-induced serum IGF-I normalization on serum leptin levels in patients with acromegalyC Parkinson
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, The Ipswich Hospital, Suffolk, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 59:168-74. 2003..In patients with acromegaly, total leptin increases following successful pituitary surgery and during somatostatin (SMS) analogue therapy (despite no change in BMI) but whether this represents changes in soluble leptin receptor, bound ..
- Comparison of human skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow-derived CD133+ progenitors for the repair of infarcted myocardiumOnnik Agbulut
INSERM U572, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:458-63. 2004The present study was designed as a face-to-face functional comparison of human skeletal myoblasts (SMs) and CD133(+) bone marrow-derived hematopoietic progenitors in an animal model of semichronic myocardial infarction.
- CAG repeat length in RAI1 is associated with age at onset variability in spinocerebellar ataxia type 2 (SCA2)S Hayes
Department of Biology, Centre for Research in Neurosciences and Douglas Hospital Research Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A4, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 9:1753-8. 2000..One locus, RAI1, contributed an additional 4...
- RAI1 is a novel polyglutamine encoding gene that is deleted in Smith-Magenis syndrome patientsP Seranski
Abt Molekulare Genomanalyse, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Gene 270:69-76. 2001..In this report, one of these genes named RAI1, the human homologue of the mouse Rai1 gene, has been investigated for its contribution to the syndrome...
- Mutations in RAI1 associated with Smith-Magenis syndromeRebecca E Slager
Genetics Graduate Program, S 320 Plant Biology Building, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48823, USA
Nat Genet 33:466-8. 2003..We identified dominant frameshift mutations leading to protein truncation in RAI1 in three individuals who have phenotypic features consistent with SMS but do not have 17p11...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of human RAI1, a gene associated with schizophreniaAndré Toulouse
Centre for Research in Neuroscience, McGill University and the McGill University Health Centre Research Institute, 1650 Cedar Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1A4
Genomics 82:162-71. 2003..In this article, we now report the genomic structure of this gene, the retinoic acid inducible-1 gene (RAI1), and present its characterization. This gene, located on chromosome 17p11.2, comprises six exons coding for a 7...
- Mutations of RAI1, a PHD-containing protein, in nondeletion patients with Smith-Magenis syndromeWeimin Bi
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Room 604B, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030 3498, USA
Hum Genet 115:515-24. 2004..Recently, point mutations in the retinoic acid induced 1 (RAI1) gene, which lies within the SMS critical interval, were identified in three patients with many SMS features in ..
- RAI1 variations in Smith-Magenis syndrome patients without 17p11.2 deletionsS Girirajan
Department of Human Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Med Genet 42:820-8. 2005..Heterozygous frameshift mutations leading to protein truncation in retinoic acid induced 1 gene (RAI1) have been identified in individuals with phenotypic features consistent with SMS. RAI1 lies within the 17p11...
- A functional network module for Smith-Magenis syndromeS Girirajan
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Clin Genet 75:364-74. 2009..We tested our module by functional studies based on a hypothesis that RAI1 acts through phenotype-specific pathways involving several downstream genes, which are altered due to RAI1 ..
- Smith-Magenis syndrome results in disruption of CLOCK gene transcription and reveals an integral role for RAI1 in the maintenance of circadian rhythmicityStephen R Williams
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, 23298, USA
Am J Hum Genet 90:941-9. 2012Haploinsufficiency of RAI1 results in Smith-Magenis syndrome (SMS), a disorder characterized by intellectual disability, multiple congenital anomalies, obesity, neurobehavioral abnormalities, and a disrupted circadian sleep-wake pattern...
- Rai1 haploinsufficiency causes reduced Bdnf expression resulting in hyperphagia, obesity and altered fat distribution in mice and humans with no evidence of metabolic syndromeBrooke Burns
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Hum Mol Genet 19:4026-42. 2010Smith-Magenis syndrome (SMS) is a genetic disorder caused by haploinsufficiency of the retinoic acid induced 1 (RAI1) gene...
- Functional and cellular characterization of human Retinoic Acid Induced 1 (RAI1) mutations associated with Smith-Magenis SyndromePaulina Carmona-Mora
John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
BMC Mol Biol 11:63. 2010Smith-Magenis Syndrome is a contiguous gene syndrome in which the dosage sensitive gene has been identified: the Retinoic Acid Induced 1 (RAI1). Little is known about the function of human RAI1.
- Frameshift mutation hotspot identified in Smith-Magenis syndrome: case report and review of literatureHoa T Truong
School of Biomedical Sciences, Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia
BMC Med Genet 11:142. 2010..5 Mb common deletion on 17p11.2 that encompasses the retinoic acid induced-1 (RAI1) gene, some patients carry small intragenic deletions or point mutations in RAI1...
- Molecular analysis of the Retinoic Acid Induced 1 gene (RAI1) in patients with suspected Smith-Magenis syndrome without the 17p11.2 deletionThierry Vilboux
Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22861. 2011..2. Haploinsufficiency of multiple genes likely underlies the complex clinical phenotype. RAI1 (Retinoic Acid Induced 1) is recognized as a major gene involved in the SMS phenotype...
- Detection of classical 17p11.2 deletions, an atypical deletion and RAI1 alterations in patients with features suggestive of Smith-Magenis syndromeGustavo H Vieira
JC Self Research Institute of Human Genetics, Greenwood Genetic Center, Greenwood, SC, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 20:148-54. 2012..2 that encompasses multiple genes including the retinoic acid induced 1, RAI1, gene or a mutation in the RAI1 gene...
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN-1). Clinical, biochemical and genetical investigationsK Oberg
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:383-7. 1989..The causative medical treatment of patients with malignant endocrine pancreatic tumors and the MEN-1 trait include chemotherapy (streptozotocin plus 5-fluorouracil), interferons and the somatostatin analogue SMS 201-995.
- Effect of sandostatin on CRF-stimulated secretion of ACTH, beta-lipotropin and beta-endorphinC Invitti
First Medical Clinic, University of Milan, Italy
Horm Metab Res 23:233-5. 1991..v.) one of which was preceded by s.c. injection of 100 micrograms of the long-acting somatostatin analogue SMS 201-995 (Sandostatin, Sandoz) (SMS), given 30 minutes before CRF...
- Cholesterol decreases the interfacial elasticity and detergent solubility of sphingomyelinsX M Li
The Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, 801 16th Avenue NE, Austin, Minnesota 55912, USA
Biochemistry 40:5954-63. 2001The interfacial interactions of cholesterol with sphingomyelins (SMs) containing various homogeneous acyl chains have been investigated by Langmuir film balance approaches...
- The presence of somatostatin receptors in malignant neuroendocrine tumor tissue predicts responsiveness to octreotideL K Kvols
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905
Yale J Biol Med 65:505-18; discussion 531-6. 1992..of patients suffering from a malignant carcinoid syndrome, administration of the somatostatin analog, octreotide (SMS 201-995, Sandostatin) induced clinical improvement coupled with a decrease in 24-hour urinary 5-hydroxyindole ..
- Somatostatin analogue phase I trials in neuroendocrine neoplasmsL Anthony
Department of Medicine and Radiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232-5536
Acta Oncol 32:217-23. 1993..Octreotide, SMS 201-995 (Sandostatin), was escalated in doses ranging from 1,500 micrograms to 6,000 micrograms daily in 14 ..
- Clinical features of carcinoid syndrome and the use of somatostatin analogue in its managementA I Vinik
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109
Acta Oncol 28:389-402. 1989..literature on current therapy of carcinoid patients with special emphasis on the use of the somatostatin analogue SMS 20-1995...
- Development of a staff recall system for mass casualty incidents using cell phone text messagingRichard H Epstein
Department of Anesthesiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 111 S 11th St, Suite 5480G, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Anesth Analg 110:871-8. 2010..Because cell phone use is widespread within the department, we developed and tested a staff recall system, based in our anesthesia information management system (AIMS), using Short Message Service (SMS) text messaging.
- Salivary mutans streptococci and dental caries patterns in pre-school childrenE A Thibodeau
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Community Health, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, Farmington 06030-3910, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 24:164-8. 1996..8 yr) were examined for dental caries and sampled for salivary mutans streptococci (SMS) at baseline and once annually for 2 yr...
- [Squirrel monkey--an ideal primate (correction of prmate) model of space physiology]K Matsunami
Institute of Equilibrium Research, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Biol Sci Space 11:87-111. 1997..of the vestibulo-ocular system of the squirrel monkey was reviewed in consideration of space motion sickness (SMS), or which is recently more often termed as space adaptation syndrome (SAS)...
- Effects of drug countermeasures for space motion sickness on working memory in humansMerle G Paule
Behavioral Toxicology Laboratories, Division of Neurotoxicology, HFT 132, USFDA s National Center for Toxicological Research, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079 9502, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 26:825-37. 2004Space motion sickness (SMS) is a problem during the first 72 h of space flight and during transitions from different gravity environments...
- Treatment of malignant midgut carcinoid tumours with a long-acting somatostatin analogue octreotideK Oberg
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:503-7. 1991Treatment with the somatostatin analogue octreotide, SMS 201-995 (Sandostatin), has been carried out in a series of 23 patients with malignant midgut carcinoid tumours...
- Medical treatment of neuroendocrine gut and pancreatic tumorsK Oberg
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:425-31. 1989..and in the present paper we report our experience of treatment with chemotherapy, the somatostatin analogue SMS 201-995 and interferons...
- Characterizing high-velocity angular vestibulo-ocular reflex function in service members post-blast exposureMatthew R Scherer
Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Exp Brain Res 208:399-410. 2011..Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and dizziness are common sequelae associated with blasts, and many service members (SMs) report symptoms worsen with activity...
- Feasibility of collecting diary data from asthma patients through mobile phones and SMS (short message service): response rate analysis and focus group evaluation from a pilot studyJacob Anhøj
H S Unit for Patient Safety, Hvidovre, Denmark
J Med Internet Res 6:e42. 2004..The Internet has been suggested as a tool for the monitoring and self-management of asthma. However, in a recent study we found that a Web interface had some disadvantages and that users stopped using the application after a short while...
- Truncating mutations in the Wilson disease gene ATP7B are associated with very low serum ceruloplasmin oxidase activity and an early onset of Wilson diseaseUta Merle
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 10:8. 2010..We aimed to evaluate whether 'severe' protein-truncating ATP7B mutations (SMs) are associated with low serum ceruloplasmin oxidase activities and an early age of onset when compared to missense ..
- Severe hypoglycemia as a short-term side-effect of the somatostatin analog SMS 201-995 in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusI Navascues
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Horm Metab Res 20:749-50. 1988We report on a case of severe hypoglycemia observed after injection of the somatostatin analog SMS 201-995 in an insulin-dependent diabetic patient connected to an artificial pancreas (Biostator GCIIS)...
- Isochromosome 17q in blast crisis of chronic myeloid leukemia and in other hematologic malignancies is the result of clustered breakpoints in 17p11 and is not associated with coding TP53 mutationsT Fioretos
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Blood 94:225-32. 1999..In 12 cases, the breaks occurred within the Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS) common deletion region in 17p11, a gene-rich region which is genetically unstable...
- Comparison of somatostatin and its highly potent hexa- and octapeptide analogs on exocrine and endocrine pancreatic secretionS J Konturek
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Medicine, Krakow, Poland
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 187:241-9. 1988..Veber analog) and octapeptide analogs of somatostatin such as D-Phe-Cys-Phe-D-Trp-Lys-Thr-Cys-Thr-ol (SMS 201-995), D-Phe-Cys-Tyr-D-Trp-Lys-Val-Cys-Thr-NH2 (RC-121), and D-Phe-Cys-Tyr-D-Trp-Lys-Val-Cys-Trp-NH2 (RC-160) ..
- Relationship between selected orientation rest frame, circular vection and space motion sicknessD L Harm
NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX 77058, USA
Brain Res Bull 47:497-501. 1998Space motion sickness (SMS) and spatial orientation and motion perception disturbances occur in 70-80% of astronauts. People select "rest frames" to create the subjective sense of spatial orientation...
- Spent mushroom substrates as component of growing media for germination and growth of horticultural plantsE Medina
Department of Agrochemistry and Environment, Miguel Hernandez University, EPS Orihuela, ctra Beniel Km 3 2, 03312 Orihuela Alicante, Spain
Bioresour Technol 100:4227-32. 2009This research work was conducted in order to investigate the possibility of using spent mushroom substrate (SMS) in the production of horticultural seedlings replacing part of the peat in the growing media...
- Spermine deficiency in Gy mice caused by deletion of the spermine synthase geneB Lorenz
Abteilung Medizinische Genetik, Kinderpoliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Goethestr 29, 80336 Munchen, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 7:541-7. 1998..The human SMS (spermine synthase) gene maps approximately 39 kb upstream of PHEX and is transcribed in the same direction...
- SMS 201-995-induced stimulation of gastric acid secretion via the dorsal vagal complex and inhibition via the hypothalamus in anaesthetized ratsM Yoneda
CURE Gastroenteric Biology Center, West Los Angeles VA Medical Center, CA 90073, USA
Br J Pharmacol 116:2303-9. 19951. SMS 201-995, a somatostatin analogue which interacts with highest affinities at somatostatin receptor subtypes 5 > 2 > or = 3, was microinjected into selective brain sites and its influence on pentagastrin (10 micrograms kg-1 h-..
- Detection and partial characterization of simian immunodeficiency virus SIVsm strains from bush meat samples from rural Sierra LeoneCristian Apetrei
Microbiology Division, Tulane National Primate Research Center, 18703 Three Rivers Rd, Covington, LA 70433, USA
J Virol 79:2631-6. 2005..virus type 2 (HIV-2) originated from simian immunodeficiency viruses (SIVs) that naturally infect sooty mangabeys (SMs; Cercocebus atys)...
- SOM230: a novel somatostatin peptidomimetic with broad somatotropin release inhibiting factor (SRIF) receptor binding and a unique antisecretory profileC Bruns
Novartis Pharma AG, Research Transplantation, WSJ 386, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Endocrinol 146:707-16. 2002....
- Combined transplantation of skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow stem cells for myocardial repair in ratsH C Ott
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:627-34. 2004..To prove whether intramyocardial transplantation of combined skeletal myoblasts (SM) and mononuclear bone marrow stem cells is superior to the isolated transplantation of these cell types after myocardial infarction in rats...
- Preflight virtual reality training as a countermeasure for space motion sickness and disorientationKenneth J Stroud
Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences, University of Colorado at Boulder, CO, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 76:352-6. 2005..simulate certain aspects of microgravity and may prove to be an effective countermeasure for space motion sickness (SMS) and spatial disorientation (SD)...
- Monitored anesthesia care with propofol versus surgeon-monitored sedation with benzodiazepines and narcotics for preoperative endoscopy in the morbidly obeseAtul K Madan
Division of Laparoendoscopic and Bariatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Miami, 1475 N W 12th Avenue Room 4017, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Obes Surg 18:545-8. 2008..This study investigated the hypothesis that morbidly obese patients would prefer anesthesiologist-monitored sedation (AMS) compared to surgeon-monitored sedation (SMS) during preoperative endoscopy.
- Use of suction curettage in operative hysteroscopyChunxia Cheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Hunan, China
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 16:739-42. 2009..relatively large multiple endometrial polyps (MPs), single endometrial polyps (SPs), and submucous uterine myomas (SMs)...
- Are there short cuts to pubertal assessments? Self-reported and assessed group differences in pubertal development in African adolescentsShane A Norris
MRC Mineral Metabolism Research Unit, Department of Paediatrics, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Adolesc Health 42:259-65. 2008..The objective of this study was to assess the reliability of the PDS for the first time among urban, Black South African youth...
- Clinical efficacy and safety of octreotide (SMS201-995) in terminally ill Japanese cancer patients with malignant bowel obstructionYasuo Shima
Palliative Care Unit, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Chiba, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:354-9. 2008..Many studies have shown that octreotide (SMS201-995; SMS), a synthetic analog of somatostatin, is effective for controlling the symptoms of MBO...
- Are patients' office visits with physicians getting shorter?D Mechanic
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
N Engl J Med 344:198-204. 2001..Many believe that managed care creates pressure on physicians to increase productivity, see more patients, and spend less time with each patient...
- Molecular epidemiology of simian T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 in wild and captive sooty mangabeysVicki L Traina-Dorge
Division of Microbiology and Immunology, Tulane National Primate Research Center, 18703 Three Rivers Rd, Covington, LA 70433, USA
J Virol 79:2541-8. 2005..isolates within the long-established Tulane National Primate Research Center (TNPRC) colony of sooty mangabeys (SMs; Cercocebus atys)...
- Short-lived infected cells support virus replication in sooty mangabeys naturally infected with simian immunodeficiency virus: implications for AIDS pathogenesisShari N Gordon
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 705 Stellar Chance Laboratories, 422 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19143, USA
J Virol 82:3725-35. 2008Sooty mangabeys (SMs) naturally infected with simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) do not develop AIDS despite high levels of virus replication. At present, the mechanisms underlying this disease resistance are poorly understood...
- In vitro and in vivo effects of somatostatin on the growth of A431 cellsY Kamiya
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Horm Metab Res 27:179-81. 1995We previously reported that the octapeptide somatostatin (SS) analogue SMS 201-995 (SMS) unexpectedly stimulates the growth of A431 human epidermoid carcinoma cells in vitro...
- X-linked spermine synthase gene (SMS) defect: the first polyamine deficiency syndromeA Lauren Cason
1J C Self Research Institute, Greenwood Genetic Center, 1 Gregor Mendel Circle, Greenwood, SC 29646, USA
Eur J Hum Genet 11:937-44. 2003..We report the first polyamine deficiency syndrome caused by a defect in spermine synthase (SMS)...
- Smith-Magenis syndrome in Puerto Rico: a case reportJavier Jardón
UPR School of Medicine, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
Bol Asoc Med P R 101:59-61. 2009Smith-Magenis syndrome (SMS) is characterized by deletions in the short arm of chromosome 17. Systemic findings in patients with the syndrome include: dysmorphic facies and skeletal deformities...
- Fecal elastase-1 is decreased in villous atrophy regardless of the underlying diseaseJ Walkowiak
Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Clin Invest 31:425-30. 2001..E1 levels in other malabsorption conditions are unknown. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to evaluate E1 concentrations in various malabsorption syndromes...
- Incubation with somatostatin, 5-aza decitabine and trichostatin up-regulates somatostatin receptor expression in prostate cancer cellsZhaoxu Liu
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institute, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Oncol Rep 20:151-4. 2008Somatostatin (SMS), binds to its specific receptors (SSTRs) and transduces growth inhibitory, anti-secretory and apoptotic signals...
- Regulation of the Vibrio vulnificus vvpE expression by cyclic AMP-receptor protein and quorum-sensing regulator SmcRChoon Mee Kim
Research Center for Resistant Cells, Chosun University Medical School, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Microb Pathog 49:348-53. 2010In Vibrio vulnificus, cAMP-receptor protein (CRP) and the quorum-sensing regulator SmcR are simultaneously and cooperatively required for the metalloprotease vvpE gene expression, rather than sequentially in a regulatory cascade...
- Long-term exposure to SMS 201-995 inhibits proliferation and calcitonin release in neoplastic C-cellsY Mekonnen
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Addis Abeba University, Ethiopia
Horm Metab Res 25:528-31. 1993The effect of the long-acting somatostatin analogue SMS 201-995 on cellular proliferation and calcitonin production was examined in rMTC 6-23 cells...
- The development of the Self-Medicating Scale (SMS): a scale to measure people's beliefs about self-medicationDelyth H James
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Redwood Building, King Edward VIIth Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3XF, UK
Pharm World Sci 30:794-800. 2008..To achieve this, student self-medication beliefs and behaviours in response to acute pain were investigated. Specific objectives were to establish the internal reliability plus content and construct validity of this scale...
- Confidence matters: a Self-Determination Theory study of factors determining engagement in self-management support practices of UK cliniciansJ P Kosmala-Anderson
Applied Research Centre for Health and Lifestyle Interventions, Coventry University, Coventry, UK
Psychol Health Med 15:478-91. 2010..to explore what factors can facilitate and impede the clinicians' engagement in clinical self-management support (SMS), patient centredness and organizational support for self-management...
- A consensus sequence for binding of SmcR, a Vibrio vulnificus LuxR homologue, and genome-wide identification of the SmcR regulonDong Hwan Lee
National Research Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology and Toxicology, Center for Agricultural Biomaterials, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
J Biol Chem 283:23610-8. 2008..In the present study, DNA targets of SmcR, a Vibrio vulnificus LuxR homologue, were selected from a random pool of DNA fragments by using a cycle selection ..
- Molasses and microbial inoculants improve fermentability and silage quality of cotton waste-based spent mushroom substrateW S Kwak
Animal Science, School of Life Resource and Environmental Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Konkuk University, Chung Ju, Chung buk, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 100:1471-3. 2009..to develop an effective ensiling storage method for the use of cotton waste-based spent mushroom substrate (SMS) as an animal feed. The SMS was ensiled with 5% molasses (DM basis), 0...
- Changes in subjective muscle fatigue sensation and blood lactate and their relationships with decreasing force during sustained handgripping using various target values and its recovery stageSinichi Demura
Kanazawa University, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kakuma, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 1164, Japan
J Hum Ergol (Tokyo) 38:33-40. 2009The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between the level of subjective muscle fatigue sensation (SMS) and the physiological responses to decreasing force during and after sustained and constant effort static gripping (..
- Cotreatment of acromegaly with a somatostatin analog and a growth hormone receptor antagonistJens Otto Lunde Jørgensen
Medical Department M, Aarhus University Hospital, Norrebrogade 44, DK 8000 C Aarhus, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5627-31. 2005Pegvisomant is a GH receptor antagonist that blocks the peripheral actions of GH in acromegaly. Pegvisomant, in contrast to somatostatin (SMS) analogs, does not suppress the activity of the GH-producing adenoma.
- Virus subtype-specific features of natural simian immunodeficiency virus SIVsmm infection in sooty mangabeysCristian Apetrei
Division of Microbiology and Immunology, Tulane National Primate Research Center, 18703 Three Rivers Road, Covington, LA 70433, USA
J Virol 81:7913-23. 2007Simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) SIV(smm) naturally infects sooty mangabeys (SMs) and is the source virus of pathogenic infections with human immunodeficiency virus type 2 (HIV-2) and SIV(mac) of humans and macaques, respectively...
- Silver-protein (core-shell) nanoparticle production using spent mushroom substrateNadanathangam Vigneshwaran
Nanotechnology Research Group, Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology, Adenwala Road, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India
Langmuir 23:7113-7. 2007A simple route for the synthesis of silver-protein (core-shell) nanoparticles using spent mushroom substrate (SMS) has been demonstrated in this work...
- Safety and efficacy of Ganoderma lucidum (lingzhi) and San Miao San supplementation in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled pilot trialEdmund K Li
Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Arthritis Rheum 57:1143-50. 2007..efficacy of popular Chinese herbs used in a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) combination of Ganoderma lucidum and San Miao San (SMS), with purported diverse health benefits including antioxidant properties in rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Shengmai San reduces hepatic lipids and lipid peroxidation in rats fed on a high-cholesterol dietHsien Tsung Yao
Division of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research, National Health Research Institutes, 35 Keyan Road, Zhunan Town, Miaoli County, Taiwan, ROC
J Ethnopharmacol 116:49-57. 2008Shengmai San (SMS), which is comprised of the medicinal herbs of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer, Schisandra chinensis Baill., and Ophiopogon japonicus Ker-Gawl (2:1:2)...
- SMS versus telephone interviews for epidemiological data collection: feasibility study estimating influenza vaccination coverage in the Swedish populationChristin Bexelius
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Nobels vag 12a, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Epidemiol 24:73-81. 2009This study compared the use of Short Message Service (SMS) on mobile phones and the use of telephone interviews in collecting self-reported data about influenza vaccination...
- Distorted Mendelian transmission as a function of genetic background in Rai1-haploinsufficient miceSanthosh Girirajan
Department of Pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Eur J Med Genet 52:224-8. 2009The retinoic acid induced 1 gene (RAI1) is the primary causative gene for Smith-Magenis syndrome (SMS). Chromosomal deletion encompassing RAI1 or mutation in RAI1 is responsible for the majority of SMS features...
- A rationale for schistosomiasis control in elementary schools of the rainforest zone of pernambuco, BrazilTereza C Favre
Laboratório de Ecoepidemiologia e Controle da Esquistossomose e Geohelmintoses, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e395. 2009..19 minimum goal and to suggest that school-based control actions are also needed...
- Two-dimensional Raman correlation spectroscopy study of an emulsion copolymerization reaction processIsao Noda
The Procter and Gamble Company, 8566 Beckett Road, West Chester, Ohio 45069, USA
Appl Spectrosc 63:224-32. 2009..techniques, including two-dimensional (2D) correlation spectroscopy, multivariate self-modeling curve resolution (SMCR), and kernel analysis, to elucidate the fine details of the complex reaction process...
- HPLC/MS/MS for quantification of two types of neurotransmitters in rat brain and application: myocardial ischemia and protection of Sheng-Mai-SanNa Xu
Department of Complex Prescription of TCM, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 211198, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 55:101-8. 2011Sheng-Mai-San (SMS), a traditional Chinese multiherbal formula, is widely used in clinic for the treatment of myocardial ischemia (MI) in China...
- Direct interaction between quorum-sensing regulator SmcR and RNA polymerase is mediated by integration host factor to activate vvpE encoding elastase in Vibrio vulnificusHye Sook Jeong
National Research Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology and Toxicology, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Center for Agricultural Biomaterials, and Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, South Korea
J Biol Chem 285:9357-66. 2010..We previously revealed that SmcR, a LuxR homologue of Vibrio vulnificus, activates promoter S, an RpoS-dependent promoter of vvpE encoding a ..
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of a brain-specific somatostatin receptorJ F Bruno
Department of Medicine, State University of New York, Stony Brook 11794 8154
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:11151-5. 1992..In contrast, the somatostatin analogs SMS 201-995, IM 4-28, and MK-678 failed to displace specific binding in transfected cells...
- Genetic proof of unequal meiotic crossovers in reciprocal deletion and duplication of 17p11.2Christine J Shaw
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Hum Genet 71:1072-81. 2002..We previously described seven patients with dup(17)(p11.2p11.2), the reciprocal of the Smith-Magenis syndrome (SMS) deletion, del(17)(p11.2p11.2). In >90% of patients with SMS, identical approximately 3.7-Mb deletions in 17p11...
- Role of component herbs in antioxidant activity of shengmai san--a traditional Chinese medicine formula preventing cerebral oxidative damage in ratHaruyo Ichikawa
Department of Radiochemistry Biophysics and Functional Food Science, Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Japan
Am J Chin Med 31:509-21. 2003..We previously reported that Shengmai San (SMS), a TCM formulation for treating cardiac disorders, inhibited cerebral oxidative damage in rats when evaluated by ..
- Communicative competence and behavioural phenotype in children with Smith-Magenis syndromeK Sarimski
Kinderzentrum Munchen, Germany
Genet Couns 15:347-55. 2004..As a group, children with SMS are presenting with severe behavioural abnormalities, e.g. self-injury, extreme irritability, ritualistic behaviour...
- Natural abundance of Sb and Sc in pristine groundwaters, Springwater Township, Ontario, Canada, and implications for tracing contamination from landfill leachatesWilliam Shotyk
Institute of Environmental Geochemistry, University of Heidelberg, INF 236, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
J Environ Monit 7:1238-44. 2005Using ICP-SMS and the clean lab methods and procedures developed for determining trace element concentrations in polar snow and ice, a lower limit of detection (LOD) of 30 pg l(-1) for Sb and 5 pg l(-1) for Sc was achieved, allowing the ..
- An individual with Gilles de la Tourette syndrome and Smith-Magenis microdeletion syndrome: is chromosome 17p11.2 a candidate region for Tourette syndrome putative susceptibility genes?B P Shelley
Department of Neurology, The Royal Hospital, Ministry of Health, Muscat, Oman
J Intellect Disabil Res 51:620-4. 2007..literature of the association of definite Gilles de la Tourette syndrome (GTS) and the Smith-Magenis syndrome (SMS), both confirmed by DSM-IV-TR criteria and molecular cytogenetic analysis, respectively...
- Inefficient Nef-mediated downmodulation of CD3 and MHC-I correlates with loss of CD4+T cells in natural SIV infectionMichael Schindler
Institute of Virology, University of Ulm, Germany
PLoS Pathog 4:e1000107. 2008Recent data suggest that Nef-mediated downmodulation of TCR-CD3 may protect SIVsmm-infected sooty mangabeys (SMs) against the loss of CD4+ T cells. However, the mechanisms underlying this protective effect remain unclear...
- Do microspheres with narrow or standard size distributions localize differently in vasculature? An experimental study in sheep kidney and uterusAlex Laurent
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:1733-9. 2008To compare standard embolization microspheres (SMS) with microspheres of very narrow size distribution in terms of physical properties and relative distribution within sheep kidney and uterine artery models of embolization.
- Use of mobile telephone short message service (SMS) as a reminder: the effect on patient attendanceJ Foley
Dept Paediatric Dentistry, Edinburgh Dental Institute, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 10:15-8. 2009To evaluate the operational and financial efficacy of sending short message service (SMS) mobile telephone text message to patients with outpatient clinic appointments.
- Antagonism of cytotoxic chemotherapy in neuroblastoma cell lines by 13-cis-retinoic acid is mediated by the antiapoptotic Bcl-2 family proteinsMichael D Hadjidaniel
Department of Pathology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 79430 6450, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:3164-74. 2010..In SMS-KNCR neuroblastoma cells, 13-cis-RA upregulated expression of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL RNA and protein, and this was ..
- Influence of application amount on sunscreen photodegradation in in vitro sun protection factor evaluation: proposal of a skin-mimicking substrateYoshimasa Miura
Shiseido Research Center, Hayabuchi, Tsuzuki ku, Yokohama shi, Japan
Photochem Photobiol 88:475-82. 2012..00 mg cm(-2)). We have developed a skin-mimicking substrate (SMS), which has furrows and ridges on its surface, like human skin...
- How effective are short message service reminders at increasing clinic attendance? A meta-analysis and systematic reviewRebecca Guy
The Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Health Serv Res 47:614-32. 2012In the last few years there has been a steady uptake of mobile phone short message service (SMS) reminders to increase medical attendance rates...
- Innovative strategy for effective critical laboratory result management: end-to-end process using automation and manual call centreLian Kah Ti
Department of Anaesthesia, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Health System, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074, Republic of Singapore
BMJ Qual Saf 21:657-62. 2012..The authors previously showed that an automated pathway incorporating short messaging system (SMS) texts, auto-escalation, and manual telephone back-up improved the rate and speed of physician acknowledgement ..
- A quantitative study of the environmental effects on the optical response of gold nanorodsYevgeniy R Davletshin
Department of Physics, Ryerson University, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2K3, Canada
ACS Nano 6:8183-93. 2012..dominated by absorption for the investigated sizes, were measured using spatial modulation spectroscopy (SMS)...
- Dxo1 is a new type of eukaryotic enzyme with both decapping and 5'-3' exoribonuclease activityJeong Ho Chang
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:1011-7. 2012Recent studies showed that Rai1 is a crucial component of the mRNA 5'-end-capping quality-control mechanism in yeast. The yeast genome encodes a weak homolog of Rai1, Ydr370C, but little is known about this protein...
- Development of a Strengths Measurement Scale for the lifestyle transformation processReiko Okahisa
Major in Health Sciences, Graduate School of Health Sciences, The University of Tokushima
J Med Invest 61:84-93. 2014This study aimed to develop a Strengths Measurement Scale (SMS) for assessment of people in the process of transforming their own lifestyle, and to examine the reliability and validity of the SMS...
- Use of text messaging services to promote health behaviors in childrenDaniel B Fassnacht
Department of Psychology, James Cook University, Singapore Psychotherapy and Psychopathology Research Unit, CIPSI, School of Psychology, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
J Nutr Educ Behav 47:75-80. 2015To examine adherence to, satisfaction with, and preliminary efficacy of mobile phone short message service (SMS) to promote health behaviors in school-aged children.
- The validity and acceptability of a text-based monitoring system for pediatric asthma studiesFlorian Gahleitner
NIHR Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University Hospitals of Southampton, NHS Foundation Trust, Southampton, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 51:5-12. 2016..b>SMS-technology is a novel method for data collection in medical research...
- The potential of organic substrates based on mushroom substrate and straw to dissipate fungicides contained in effluents from the fruit-packaging industry - Is there a role for Pleurotus ostreatus?Panagiotis A Karas
University of Thessaly, Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Ploutonos 26 and Aiolou, 41221 Larissa, Greece
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 124:447-54. 2016..We employed a column study to investigate the potential of spent mushroom substrate (SMS) of Pleurotus ostreatus, either alone or in mixture with straw and soil plus a mixture of straw /soil to retain and ..
- Targeted Curing of All Lysogenic Bacteriophage from Streptococcus pyogenes Using a Novel Counter-selection TechniqueChad W Euler
Laboratory of Bacterial Pathogenesis and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, NY, NY, 10065, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0146408. 2016..for kanamycin resistance (KanR) and the rpsL wild-type gene, responsible for dominant streptomycin sensitivity (SmS), into a targeted prophage on the chromosome of a streptomycin resistant (SmR) mutant of S. pyogenes strain SF370...
- The benefits of systematic mapping to evidence-based environmental managementNeal R Haddaway
Mistra Council for Evidence Based Environmental Management, Stockholm Environment Institute, Box 24218, 104 51, Stockholm, Sweden
Ambio 45:613-20. 2016..Similar to SRs, systematic maps (SMs) were developed in social sciences to reliably catalogue evidence on a specific subject...
- Young People's Views and Experiences of a Mobile Phone Texting Intervention to Promote Safer Sex BehaviorRebecca Sophia French
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Department of Social and Environmental Health Research, London, United Kingdom
JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 4:e26. 2016..Mobile phone text messaging (short message service, SMS) interventions have the potential to reach large numbers of people at relatively low cost, but greater ..
- Mobile Phone Short Message Service to Improve Malaria Pharmacoadherence in ZambiaElinda Enright Steury
Theta Epsilon, Associate Professor, Eastern Florida State College, Melbourne, FL, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 48:354-61. 2016..artemesinin-based combination therapy (ACT) treatment differ between patients who received short message service (SMS) reminders and those who did not...
- Psychophysiological Investigation of Combat Veterans with Subthreshold Post-traumatic Stress Disorder SymptomsMichelle Costanzo
Department of Medicine and Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814
Mil Med 181:793-802. 2016Military service members (SMs) with subthreshold combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms often have clinically significant functional impairment, even though they do not meet full PTSD criteria...
- Phase II screening study of a LHRH analogue, dexamethasone and somatostatin analogue versus LHRH analogue with dexamethasone in HRPCM Silva
Hospital de São José, Lisboa, Portugal Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia St Bartolomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:16082. 200816082 Background: As far as prostatic cancer is concerned, we know that somatuline (SMS) blocks GH, PRL, tissular growth factors (TGF) and that it has a direct antiproliferative cellular growth effect...
- Stakeholder engagement in diabetes self-management: patient preference for peer support and other insightsBethany M Kwan
Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Fam Pract . 2017Self-management support (SMS) for patients with diabetes can improve adherence to treatment, mitigate disease-related distress, and improve health outcomes...
- DFNB3, spectrum of MYO15A recessive mutant alleles and an emerging genotype-phenotype correlationThomas B Friedman
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD, USA
Adv Otorhinolaryngol 61:124-30. 2002..hearing loss and a possible hypomorphic allele of MYO15A associated with moderately-severe hearing loss in 1 of 8 SMS patients...
- The effect of macrophage sphingomyelin synthase (SMS) on atherosclerosisXian Cheng Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ability to regulate SMS activity could become a promising approach for regulating these macrophage functions, thus influencing the ..
- Adherence Improvement and Measurement- AIM- System. Challenge Topic 10-MH-101James O Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..versus a novel adherence intervention embedded in an existing PHR that uses cellular phone short message service (SMS) reminders and patient responses to the reminders...
- Maria E Trent; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recent research has also shown that use of short messaging service (SMS) messaging can enhance clinical care by improving attention to medical visits, medication adherence, and ..
- Lora Sabin; Fiscal Year: 2014..The 6-month intervention will provide automatic, personalized cell phone reminders (via SMS or short message system) to patients who fail to take a dose on time, collect data on reasons for adherence lapses ..
- m-Health for Just-In-Time Occupational Safety TrainingCESAR BANDERA; Fiscal Year: 2011..The popularity of mobile text messaging (SMS) in m-Health has prompted its use as a method to deliver simple safety alerts...
- SMS Turkey: Harnessing the power of TXT messaging to promote smoking cessationMichele Ybarra; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based upon STOMP (Stop smoking by Mobile Phone) New Zealand, a TXT messaging-based smoking cessation program, SMS (Smoking Management System) Turkey will be a community-based intervention that has both wide reach and high impact...
- Deborah Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2014..goal of the proposed pilot project is to better understand how geographic information systems (GIS) integrated with SMS cell-phone technology can facilitate improvements in linkage to Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (..
- Richard T Lester; Fiscal Year: 2015..In Kenya (WelTel Kenya1), a weekly short message service (SMS) text message led to improved ART adherence and viral load suppression...
- Smoking cessation via text messaging: feasibility testing of SMS USAMichele Ybarra; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dr. Ybarra, along with Drs. Holtrop and Graham, have developed SMS Turkey, an innovative behavioral intervention that uses text messaging to deliver CBT-based smoking cessation ..
- NRT Scheduled Dosing via Text MessagingBRADFORD APPLEGATE; Fiscal Year: 2005..purpose of this project is to develop and test the feasibility of an integrated web and wireless text messaging or SMS application to provide prompted dosing of NRTs in real time based on the user's smoking patterns and preferences (e...
- Wireless SMS Delivery of Smoking Cessation InterventionsWilliam Riley; Fiscal Year: 2004The purpose of this project is to develop and test the feasibility of a combined internet and wireless SMS text messaging application to deliver a self-help behavioral smoking cessation program based on scheduled gradual reduction of ..
- Deregulated lipid metabolism in strokeRobert J Dempsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cell cycle regulation by lipid second messengers after stroke: Sphingomyelin (SM) synthase (SMS) transfers phosphocholine from phosphatidylcholine (PC) to ceramide to form SM and 1,2- diacylglycerol (DAG)...
- JACOB T KEAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..There is a growing literature on the efficacy of self-management support (SMS) programs designed to support patients with chronic diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, ..
- Wafaa M El-Sadr; Fiscal Year: 2014..for eligible patients;3) provision of a basic care and prevention package (BCPP);4) short message service (SMS) reminders for clinic appointments and active tracking of patients who miss visits;and 5) financial incentives for ..
- WALTER PERRY DICKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..These models emphasize patient-centered care, including self-management support (SMS), population management, coordinated care teams, improved information systems, and active quality improvement...
- Evidence-Based Pain Intervention for Veterans: Leveraging Mobile &Social MediaSara S Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..hygiene and stress management (relaxation training);and 3) leverages social networking, gaming principles, and SMS messaging to increase engagement and retention...
- Participatory Design of a Text Message System to Support Community Health AdvisorYu Mei M Schoenberger; Fiscal Year: 2011..g. smoking cessation, physical activity, weight management, which use the short messaging service (SMS), or text messaging function of the mobile phone, have shown many positive outcomes...
- mDiet: A Text Message Intervention for Weight LossKevin Patrick; Fiscal Year: 2013..was the first RCT to address overweight/obesity with an intervention that is based primarily on the use of text (SMS) messages. At 16 weeks we found a significant between-group difference in weight with mDIET users losing 3...
- WINFRED YOUNG WU; Fiscal Year: 2016..to conduct an effectiveness trial evaluating the impact of comprehensive telephonic self-management support (Tele-SMS) on HbA1c (primary outcome), distress, treatment adherence, lipids, and blood pressure (secondary outcomes);2) to ..
- Susan Buchbinder; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will also use new technologies for communication, such as online videos, social networking, SMS texting, and telemedicine (live video linkage from patient to clinician) to build a support network for young men ..
- Text messaging intervention to improve adherence for TB patients in Argentina SARAH JO HANNAH IRIBARREN; Fiscal Year: 2012..A promising tool to build on these goals is the use of text messaging or SMS (Short Message Service) via mobile phones, an increasingly ubiquitous global communications medium...
- Design and Feasibility of Pictographic Medication Reminders for Delivery via CellSeth Wolpin; Fiscal Year: 2013..A number of studies have evaluated the delivery of medication prompts via text messaging using SMS (Short Message Service);however these messages are of limited value for delivering medication prompts to patients ..
- A Smartphone Application for Asthma Patient Self Management and TelemonitoringRenee N Saris-Baglama; Fiscal Year: 2012..patients at-risk for exacerbation;prompt real-time intervention via instant text messaging [short message service (SMS)];and efficiently manages data for feedback reporting, data visualization, and electronic health record (EHR) ..
- Mobile Phone Adherence &Prevention Support for People Living with HIV in IndiaDALLAS TRAVIS SWENDEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The software assesses and reminds PLH through text messaging (i.e. Simple Messaging Service [SMS]) or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) methods...
- Host sphingolipids and fungal infectionMaurizio Del Poeta; Fiscal Year: 2011..One of the host sphingolipid-metabolizing enzymes shown to regulate immune responses is sphingomyelin synthase (SMS) encoded by two genes, SMS1 and SMS217, 30, 36, 39...
- Guido Silvestri; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Understanding the reasons why SIV-infected sooty mangabeys (SMs) remain healthy despite high viremia is a key unanswered question in contemporary AIDS research, with important ramifications in terms ..
- Liang Tong; Fiscal Year: 2015..In S. cerevisiae, Rat1 co-purifies with another protein, Rai1 (Rat1 interacting protein 1), which appears to enhance the exoribonuclease activity of Rat1 in vitro...
- Establishing zebrafish as a model for rai1 gene dosageJames A Lister; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (Provided by Applicant): Heterozygous mutation or deletion of the retinoic acid induced 1 (RAI1) gene results in Smith-Magenis syndrome while duplication of the genomic region containing RAI1 results in the dup(17)(p11...
- OLENA MAMYKINA; Fiscal Year: 2015..tools that will facilitate problem-solving in diabetes using a combination of an interactive website and SMS messaging server...
- Text Messaging to Improve Adherence to Oral Chemotherapy AgentsSANDRA LEE SPOELSTRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..improve adherence to oral chemotherapy agents through a technology-based strategy: tailored short message service (SMS) text messages...
- KAREN SUSSMAN HORGAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..build cloud-based architecture to run a regret lottery; create connectivity between this platform and email and SMS communications;and  test the product against technical standards and functionality with a 50-person, 30- day ..
- DAVID ALAN FEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2016..This approach called simultaneous multi-slice imaging ASL (SMS ASL) and SMS DSC increases by several fold the number of images that are acquired during the limited time window of ..
- A Three-Month RCT to Sustain Weight Loss Among Obese Persons through Tailored SMSRYAN JEFFREY SHAW; Fiscal Year: 2012..randomized controlled design study will be used to evaluate the effect of tailored short message service (SMS), also known as text messaging, on weight-loss sustainability and relapse...
- Implementing Networks Self-management Tools Through Engaging Patients and PracticLYLE JAMES FAGNAN; Fiscal Year: 2013Project Summary/Abstract Self-management support (SMS) provided by primary care practice teams is recognized as an important component of the care model and patient centered medical home...
- KAREN LESLIE SYRJALA; Fiscal Year: 2015..of a tailored internet-based intervention, enhanced with options for alerts and reminders through individualized SMS messaging, mobile applications and social networking media, to target health behaviors in a cancer survivor ..
- Homeostasis of CD4+ T cells in non-human primatesMirko Paiardini; Fiscal Year: 2010..In contrast, natural, non-progressive SIV infection of sooty mangabeys (SMs) is characterized by preservation of CD4+ T-cell counts...
- Automated Interactive Text Messaging to Assess Adolescent DepressionJAMES C contact MUNDT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Communication via Short Message Service (SMS) "text messaging" is one example...
- TH17 cells in AIDS pathogenesis and HIV vaccinesMirko Paiardini; Fiscal Year: 2013..depletion of mucosal Th17 cells is not observed during natural, nonpathogenic SIV infection of sooty mangabeys (SMs), a natural host species...
- 2013 AUA Basic Sciences SymposiumLEO GIAMBARRESI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Basic Urology Research (SBUR), the Society for Urodynamics and Female Urology (SUFU), the Sexual Medicine Society (SMS), the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (SSMR), and the Society for Infection and Inflammation in Urology, ..
- Ramani Ramchandran; Fiscal Year: 2016..In order to pursue that goal, the objective is to identify small molecules (SMs) that will target dual-specific phosphatase-5 (Dusp-5), a member of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) ..
- FGI: Acquisition of an Illumina Genome Analyzer System for Functional Genomic ResRui Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..D. degree, we believe the introduction of the single molecule sequencing (SMS) technology will have direct, strong, and immediate impact on many medically relevant fields.
- Kathryn I Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2016..SGR might be ideally delivered via a method like SMS text messaging, with which most pregnant smokers are familiar...
- Mobile Technology &Online Tools to Track Adherence in Chronic Illness PatientsJaney Sturtz McMillen; Fiscal Year: 2011..assessments, protocols, and prompts specifically for deployment to mobile devices (smartphone app, mobile web, or SMS text messaging), (b) monitor and track patients'SM progress, and (c) conduct synchronous data analysis to ..
- Brook Henry; Fiscal Year: 2014..This study will utilize a Short Message Service/Multimedia Message Service (SMS/MMS) platform developed by the California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2), ..
- Sebastian Linnemayr; Fiscal Year: 2016..spawned the advent of mobile-phone based interventions to improve health service delivery;short message service (SMS)-based interventions have been found to increase adherence rates to ART among adult patients, yet their ..
- Population Genetics of Reproductive Protein DiversityWillie J Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..acid seq uence between species for reproductivc proteins raises the quest ion of whether amino acid polymorphi sms with in humans could contribute to infe rtility...
- The Effect of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms on Protein Structure and InteractioEMIL GEORGIEV ALEXOV; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, in this proposal we focus on XLMR caused by a defect in spearmine synthase (SMS)...
- John R Seeley; Fiscal Year: 2016..The mobile modalities include automated text messages (SMS) and automated phone calls (IVR or Interactive Voice Response)...
- Yigang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2015..We therefore propose that skeletal myoblasts (SMs) are superior candidates for induction to pluripotent state with fewer factors either alone or in combination with ..
- FREDERICK JOHN MUENCH; Fiscal Year: 2014..Reduce Problem Drinking is designed to develop and test a tailored adaptive text messaging/short message service (SMS) intervention for individuals interested in stopping or reducing their alcool consumption...
- AUTOMATED DETECTION OF GENE DUPLICATIONS OR DELETIONSFatima Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2005..Duchene (DMD) and Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD), (4) contiguous-gene syndromes; Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS)...
- Efficient Algorithms for Motif SearchSanguthevar Rajasekaran; Fiscal Year: 2013..Simple Motif Search (SMS), Planted Motif Search (PMS) and Edit-distance Motif Search (EMS) are the three principal paradigms that have been ..
- One Health: The Role of Emerging Communication Technology in Human BehaviorMaria Knight Lapinski; Fiscal Year: 2013..From using SMS to collect health-related data from patients, providing farmers with real-time market prices in rural Africa to ..
- Adrian Aguilera; Fiscal Year: 2016..Mobile phone based text messaging (or short messaging service: SMS) is a ubiquitous technology that has been used in various health applications across socioeconomic status...
- Automated Interactive Text Messaging to Assess Adolescent DepressionJames C Mundt; Fiscal Year: 2013..The content of the selectable, short message service (SMS) interactions will be designed to engage the adolescents, encourage compliance, and support clinical objectives of ..
- EXCITOTOXIN EFFECTS ON SPINAL CORD IN VITROJOHN DELFS; Fiscal Year: 1992..Fifth, we will determine whether a potent somatostatin analogue, SMS 201- 995, can alter the toxic effects of NMDA, L-glutamate, or other excitotoxins on neurons in OTC-SCs...
- Examining a Text Message Intervention for Smoking CessationBeth C Bock; Fiscal Year: 2010..test a theoretically driven, evidence-based smoking cessation counseling intervention that can be delivered through SMS text messages...
- Mobile Text Message Intervention to Promote HIV/STI Service Use by At-Risk YouthSarah E Lord; Fiscal Year: 2013..and acceptance of an innovative intervention that integrates mobile, Internet, and Short Text Messaging (SMS) technologies to improve linkages to care and promote HIV risk reduction behaviors for Project STAY participants ..
- Guido Silvestri; Fiscal Year: 2016..key immune cell subsets ("immunome") in four primate species (humans, rhesus macaques, RMs, sooty mangabeys, SMs, and African green monkeys, AGMs) that represent the most used models for AIDS research...
- DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF GUT/NEUROENDOCRINE TUMORSAaron Vinik; Fiscal Year: 1993..The somatostatin analogue (Sandostatin, SMS) has been shown to ameliorate flushing and is capable of inhibiting secretion of a variety of gut neuropeptides...
- JESSICA ELIZABETH HABERER; Fiscal Year: 2015..The proposed study will use SMS texting and existing social support networks to develop a real-time adherence intervention with minimal burden on ..
- NEURON SPECIFIC NEUROPEPTIDE HORMONE GENE EXPRESSIONMario Vallejo; Fiscal Year: 1999..2) In islet cells, the SMS-UE, TAAT-1 and TAAT-2 elements bind a pancreatic-specific homeodomain transcription factor, similar to those ..
- Bioavailability and Pharmacodynamics of PromethazineLakshmi Putcha; Fiscal Year: 2004Space Motion Sickness (SMS) is often treated in space with promethazine (PMZ)...
- AUTOMATED DETECTION OF GENE DUPLICATIONS OR DELETIONSFatima Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2000..Duchene (DMD) and Becker Muscular Dystrophy (BMD), (4) contiguous-gene syndromes; Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS)...
- D609-A novel cytoprotectant & selective antitumor agentDaohong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..is unique because it is also a selective tumor cytotoxic agent, possibly by inhibition of sphingomyelin synthase (SMS)...
- Expanding a Neural Model of Speech Using Virtual Lesions and Connectivity StudiesShalini Narayana; Fiscal Year: 2010..goal of this research program is the development of a system-level model of the human speech-motor system (SMS) that encompasses normal and disordered speech motor control...
- A Single Molecule Study of Amyloid Beta Neuronal ToxicityAri Gafni; Fiscal Year: 2010..goal is to contribute to the understanding of Abeta`s cellular toxicity by applying single molecule spectroscopy (SMS) to investigate the formation and interaction of individual peptide oligomers with cultured neuronal cells...