Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RAD52
Description: RAD52 homolog, DNA repair protein
Alias: DNA repair protein RAD52 homolog, recombination protein RAD52, rhabdomyosarcoma antigen MU-RMS-40.23
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- A novel allele of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RFA1 that is deficient in recombination and repair and suppressible by RAD52A A Firmenich
Department of Biochemistry, Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
Mol Cell Biol 15:1620-31. 1995..Characterization of rfa1-44 revealed that it is, like members of the RAD52 epistasis group, sensitive to X rays, high doses of UV, and HO-induced DSBs...
- Radiation-induced assembly of Rad51 and Rad52 recombination complex requires ATM and c-AblG Chen
Department of Molecular Medicine Institute of Biotechnology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78245, USA
J Biol Chem 274:12748-52. 1999..assays using purified components, phosphorylation of Rad51 by c-Abl enhances complex formation between Rad51 and Rad52, which cooperates with Rad51 in recombination and repair...
- Regulation of ionizing radiation-induced Rad52 nuclear foci formation by c-Abl-mediated phosphorylationHiroyuki Kitao
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:48944-8. 2002The RAD52 epistasis group of proteins, including Rad51, Rad52, and Rad54, plays an important role in the homologous recombination repair of double strand breaks...
- Evidence that the S.cerevisiae Sgs1 protein facilitates recombinational repair of telomeres during senescenceMahrukh Azam
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:506-16. 2006..sgs1 and rad52 mutations are epistatic during senescence, indicating that Sgs1p participates in a RAD52-dependent recombinational ..
- Functional and genetic analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNC1/TRM2: evidences for its involvement in DNA double-strand break repairSibgat A Choudhury
Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal General Hospital, 1650 Avenue Cedar, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biochem 300:215-26. 2007..the TRM2 gene) displayed low sensitivity to methyl methane sulfonate (MMS) and suppressed the MMS sensitivity of rad52 mutants in trm2(Delta232-1920nt)rad52 double mutants...
- Cloning of human and mouse genes homologous to RAD52, a yeast gene involved in DNA repair and recombinationD F Muris
Department of Radiation Genetics and Chemical Mutagenesis, State University of Leiden, The Netherlands
Mutat Res 315:295-305. 1994The RAD52 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is required for recombinational repair of double-strand breaks...
- Physical interaction between human RAD52 and RPA is required for homologous recombination in mammalian cellsM S Park
Life Sciences Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
J Biol Chem 271:18996-9000. 1996The yeast RAD52 protein is essential for DNA double-strand break repair, and meiotic and mitotic recombination...
- The human Rad52 protein exists as a heptameric ringA Z Stasiak
Laboratory of Ultrastructural Analysis, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, CH 1015, Switzerland
Curr Biol 10:337-40. 2000The RAD52 epistasis group was identified in yeast as a group of genes required to repair DNA damaged by ionizing radiation ...
- Precise binding of single-stranded DNA termini by human RAD52 proteinC A Parsons
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertfordshire EN6 3LD, UK
EMBO J 19:4175-81. 2000The human RAD52 protein, which exhibits a heptameric ring structure, has been shown to bind resected double strand breaks (DSBs), consistent with an early role in meiotic recombination and DSB repair...
- Structural basis for the recognition of DNA repair proteins UNG2, XPA, and RAD52 by replication factor RPAG Mer
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Cell 103:449-56. 2000..a specific surface that interacts in a similar manner with the DNA repair enzyme UNG2 and repair factors XPA and RAD52, each of which functions in a different repair pathway...
- Human RAD52 protein has extreme thermal stabilityW Ranatunga
Department of Chemistry, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606 3390, USA
Biochemistry 40:8557-62. 2001The human RAD52 protein plays an important role in the earliest stages of chromosomal double-strand break repair via the homologous recombination pathway. Individual subunits of RAD52 associate into seven-membered rings...
- Visualization of recombination intermediates produced by RAD52-mediated single-strand annealingE Van Dyck
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertfordshire EN6 3LD, UK
EMBO Rep 2:905-9. 2001..In yeast, DSB repair requires RAD52, a protein that plays a critical role in homologous recombination...
- Overexpression of human RAD51 and RAD52 reduces double-strand break-induced homologous recombination in mammalian cellsP M Kim
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 29:4352-60. 2001..RAD51 functions with RAD52 and other proteins to effect strand exchange during HR, forming heteroduplex DNA (hDNA) that is resolved by ..
- Differential effects of Rad52p overexpression on gene targeting and extrachromosomal homologous recombination in a human cell lineRafael J Yáñez
Gene Targeting Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 30:740-8. 2002Overexpression of the RAD52 epistasis group of gene products is a convenient way to investigate their in vivo roles in homologous recombination (HR) and DNA repair...
- Rad52 protein associates with replication protein A (RPA)-single-stranded DNA to accelerate Rad51-mediated displacement of RPA and presynaptic complex formationTomohiko Sugiyama
Section of Microbiology and Center for Genetics and Development, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8665, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31663-72. 2002..contrast, RPA inhibits Rad51 nucleoprotein complex formation by prior binding to single-stranded DNA (ssDNA), but Rad52 protein alleviates this inhibition...
- Crystal structure of the homologous-pairing domain from the human Rad52 recombinase in the undecameric formWataru Kagawa
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Japan
Mol Cell 10:359-71. 2002The human Rad52 protein forms a heptameric ring that catalyzes homologous pairing...
- Structure of the single-strand annealing domain of human RAD52 proteinMartin R Singleton
Cancer Research U K, London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertfordshire EN6 3LD, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13492-7. 2002In eukaryotic cells, RAD52 protein plays a central role in genetic recombination and DNA repair by (i) promoting the annealing of complementary single-stranded DNA and (ii) stimulation of the RAD51 recombinase...
- Human Rad52 facilitates a three-stranded pairing that follows no strand exchange: a novel pairing function of the proteinVasundhara M Navadgi
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005, India
Biochemistry 42:15237-51. 2003Human Rad52 protein, by analogy with the genetics of yeast Rad52, is believed to mediate a pathway of homologous recombination even independent of Rad51...
- Strand exchange activity of human recombination protein Rad52Jaspal K Kumar
Department of Biological Sciences, University at Albany, State University of New York, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:9562-7. 2004..In eukaryotes, double-strand-break repair by homologous recombination requires the Rad52 group of proteins...
- Identification of residues important for DNA binding in the full-length human Rad52 proteinJanice A Lloyd
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Aaron Lazare Research Building, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605 2324, USA
J Mol Biol 345:239-49. 2005Human Rad52 (HsRad52) is a DNA-binding protein (418 residues) that promotes the catalysis of DNA double strand break repair by the Rad51 recombinase...
- Effect of DNA sequence and nucleotide cofactors on hRad51 binding to ssDNA: role of hRad52 in recruitmentVasundhara M Navadgi
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400 005, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 334:696-701. 2005..Moreover, all the cooperative effects of hRad52 on hRad51 binding are highly specific to the latter's binding to ssDNA and not to dsDNA. These results help us to model important mechanistic steps of hRad51 presynapsis on ssDNA templates...
- DNA mediated disassembly of hRad51 and hRad52 proteins and recruitment of hRad51 to ssDNA by hRad52Vasundhara M Navadgi
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India
FEBS J 273:199-207. 2006Purified human Rad51 and Rad52 proteins exhibit multiple oligomeric states, in vitro. Single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) renders high molecular weight aggregates of both proteins into smaller and soluble forms that include even the monomers...
- The DNA binding preference of RAD52 and RAD59 proteins: implications for RAD52 and RAD59 protein function in homologous recombinationYun Wu
Section of Microbiology, Center for Genetics and Development, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8665, USA
J Biol Chem 281:40001-9. 2006We examined the double-stranded DNA (dsDNA) binding preference of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rad52 protein and its homologue, the Rad59 protein...
- RPA mediates recombination repair during replication stress and is displaced from DNA by checkpoint signalling in human cellsKate M Sleeth
The Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Mol Biol 373:38-47. 2007..We find that RPA is dispensable for checkpoint kinase 1 (Chk1) activation and that RPA directly binds RAD52 upon replication stress, suggesting a direct role in recombination repair...
- Association between single-nucleotide polymorphisms in hormone metabolism and DNA repair genes and epithelial ovarian cancer: results from two Australian studies and an additional validation setJonathan Beesley
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2557-65. 2007..in steroid hormone synthesis (SRD5A2, CYP19A1, HSB17B1, and HSD17B4) and DNA repair (XRCC2, XRCC3, BRCA2, and RAD52) using two Australian ovarian cancer case-control studies, comprising a total of 1,466 cases and 1,821 controls of ..
- DNA repair synthesis facilitates RAD52-mediated second-end capture during DSB repairMichael J McIlwraith
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Herts EN6 3LD, UK
Mol Cell 29:510-6. 2008..strand of a D loop, leads to capture and annealing of the second end of a resected DSB in reactions mediated by RAD52 protein...
- Identification of a second DNA binding site in the human Rad52 proteinWataru Kagawa
RIKEN Systems and Structural Biology Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:24264-73. 2008b>Rad52 plays essential roles in homology-dependent double-strand break repair. Various studies have established the functions of Rad52 in Rad51-dependent and Rad51-independent repair processes...
- Genotype-phenotype relationship between DNA repair gene genetic polymorphisms and DNA repair capacityAesun Shin
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Control Research Institute, National Cancer Center, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:501-5. 2008..repair genes included were those involved in double-strand break repair (ATM, XRCC2, XRCC4, XRCC6, LIG4, RAD51, RAD52), base excision repair (LIG1), nucleotide excision repair (ERCC1), and mismatch repair (hMLH1)...
- Human Rad52-mediated homology search and annealing occurs by continuous interactions between overlapping nucleoprotein complexesEli Rothenberg
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Center for the Physics of Living Cells, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:20274-9. 2008The Rad52 protein has critical functions in distinct pathways of the homology-directed DNA repair, one of which is to promote the annealing of complementary strands of DNA...
- RAD52 polymorphisms contribute to the development of papillary thyroid cancer susceptibility in Middle Eastern populationA K Siraj
Department of Human Cancer Genomics Research, Research Centre, KFNCCC and R, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Endocrinol Invest 31:893-9. 2008..homologous recombination pathway genes XRCC3 ARG94HIS and THR241MET, RAD51 UTR 15452658T>C, 15455419A>G, RAD52 2259 and GLN221GLU, conserved DNA damage response gene Tp53 PRO47SER, PRO72ARG, Tp53 UTR 7178189A>C and base ..
- Human replication protein A-Rad52-single-stranded DNA complex: stoichiometry and evidence for strand transfer regulation by phosphorylationXiaoyi Deng
The Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 987696 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 7696, USA
Biochemistry 48:6633-43. 2009..b>Rad52 and RPA participate in the repair of double-stranded DNA breaks (DSBs)...
- Human Rad52 binds and wraps single-stranded DNA and mediates annealing via two hRad52-ssDNA complexesJill M Grimme
Department of Biochemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:2917-30. 2010b>Rad52 promotes the annealing of complementary strands of DNA bound by replication protein A (RPA) during discrete repair pathways...
- Rad52 inactivation is synthetically lethal with BRCA2 deficiencyZhihui Feng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:686-91. 2011Synthetic lethality is a powerful approach to study selective cell killing based on genotype. We show that loss of Rad52 function is synthetically lethal with breast cancer 2, early onset (BRCA2) deficiency, whereas there was no impact ..
- Influence of common genetic variation on lung cancer risk: meta-analysis of 14 900 cases and 29 485 controlsMaria N Timofeeva
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Hum Mol Genet 21:4980-95. 2012..Several other genetic regions including variants of CHEK2 (22q12), TP53BP1 (15q15) and RAD52 (12p13) have been demonstrated to influence lung cancer risk in candidate- or pathway-based analyses...
- RAD52 inactivation is synthetically lethal with deficiencies in BRCA1 and PALB2 in addition to BRCA2 through RAD51-mediated homologous recombinationB H Lok
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Oncogene 32:3552-8. 2013..Previous work in our laboratory has shown that loss of RAD52 is synthetically lethal with BRCA2 deficiency, while exhibiting no impact on cell growth and viability in BRCA2-..
- Personalized synthetic lethality induced by targeting RAD52 in leukemias identified by gene mutation and expression profileKimberly Cramer-Morales
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Blood 122:1293-304. 2013..HRR usually depends on BRCA1/2-RAD51, and RAD52-RAD51 serves as back-up...
- Heteroduplex formation by human Rad51 protein: effects of DNA end-structure, hRP-A and hRad52P Baumann
Clare Hall Laboratories, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, South Mimms, Hertfordshire, EN6 3LD, UK
J Mol Biol 291:363-74. 1999..Joint molecule formation by hRad51 was stimulated or inhibited by hRad52, dependent upon the reaction conditions. The inhibitory effect could be overcome by the presence of hRP-A or excess heterologous DNA...
- Analysis of the human replication protein A:Rad52 complex: evidence for crosstalk between RPA32, RPA70, Rad52 and DNADoba Jackson
Department of Chemistry, University of Toledo, 2801 West Bancroft Street, OH 43606 3390, USA
J Mol Biol 321:133-48. 2002..b>Rad52 and RPA, along with other members of the Rad52 epistasis group of genes, repair double-stranded DNA breaks (DSBs)...
- Variants in DNA double-strand break repair and DNA damage-response genes and susceptibility to lung and head and neck cancersPatrick Danoy
Centre National de Genotypage, Evry, France
Int J Cancer 123:457-63. 2008..Haplotype-analysis suggested potential associations (p < 0.05) between lung cancer and 2 genes (RECQL4 and RAD52), which came with q-value of 8%, and between H-N cancer and 1 gene (DNA-PK) but with q-value of 56%...
- Analysis of spontaneous and double-strand break-induced recombination in rad mutants of S. pombeE A Fortunato
Department of Biology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0322, USA
Mutat Res 364:14-60. 1996..In S. cerevisiae, the DSB/gap repair pathway is RAD52 dependent, and the RAD1 and RAD10 genes are involved in the SSA pathway...
- Cisplatin DNA cross-links do not inhibit S-phase and cause only a G2/M arrest in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeK F Grossmann
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Mutat Res 434:29-39. 1999..to CDDP, as did controls with a defect in excision repair (rad1 and rad14) or a defect in recombination (rad51 and rad52)...
- The role of DNA repair genes in recombination between repeated sequences in yeastB Liefshitz
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Genetics 140:1199-211. 1995..The role of the RAD51, RAD52, RAD54, RAD55, and RAD57 genes, which are involved in recombinational repair, was investigated...
- Specificities of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad6, rad18, and rad52 mutators exhibit different degrees of dependence on the REV3 gene product, a putative nonessential DNA polymeraseH Roche
Department of Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Genetics 140:443-56. 1995The Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad6, rad18, and rad52 mutants exhibit DNA repair deficiencies and distinct mutator phenotypes. DNA replication past unrepaired spontaneous damage might contribute to the specificities of these mutators...
- The Sgs1 helicase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae inhibits retrotransposition of Ty1 multimeric arraysM Bryk
Molecular Genetics Program, Wadsworth Center and School of Public Health, State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:5374-88. 2001..Formation of Ty1 multimers required the homologous recombination protein Rad52 but did not involve recombination between Ty1 cDNA and genomic Ty1 elements...
- Stability of YACs containing ribosomal or RCP/GCP locus DNA in wild-type S. cerevisiae and RAD mutant strainsK Kohno
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Japan
DNA Res 1:191-9. 1994..5 rDNA tandem repeat units were transformed into hosts bearing lesions at the RAD1, RAD6, RAD51, or RAD52 loci...
- Involvement of SGS1 in DNA damage-induced heteroallelic recombination that requires RAD52 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeF Onoda
Molecular Cell Biology Laboratory, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 264:702-8. 2001..In this study, we found that SGS1 forms part of the RAD52 epistasis group when cells are exposed to MMS...
- RAD50 and RAD51 define two pathways that collaborate to maintain telomeres in the absence of telomeraseS Le
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Genetics 152:143-52. 1999..However, gene conversion mediated by the RAD52 pathway allows telomere lengthening in rare survivor cells...
- Role of reciprocal exchange, one-ended invasion crossover and single-strand annealing on inverted and direct repeat recombination in yeast: different requirements for the RAD1, RAD10, and RAD52 genesF Prado
, , Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Genetics 139:109-23. 1995..Spontaneous and double-strand break (DSB)-induced deletions occur as RAD52-dependent and RAD52-independent events...
- Repair of chromosome ends after telomere loss in SaccharomycesJ L Mangahas
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:4078-89. 2001..Both in a wild-type and a recombination deficient rad52 strain, most stabilization events were due to homologous recombination, whereas nonhomologous end joining was ..
- A Neurospora double-strand-break repair gene, mus-11, encodes a RAD52 homologue and is inducible by mutagensY Sakuraba
Department of Regulation Biology, Faculty of Science, Saitama University, Urawa, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 264:392-401. 2000We isolated a Neurospora crassa cDNA that encodes a Rad52 homologue (ncRAD52) by PCR, using degenerate primers. RFLP mapping demonstrated that the cloned gene is located close to the ro-4 locus on the right arm of linkage group V (LGVR)...
- Therapeutic exploitation of tumor cell defects in homologous recombinationSimon N Powell
Department of Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, 4511 Forest Park, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 8:448-60. 2008..In the absence of BRCA2, the cell is more dependent on residual repair via Rad52, which makes Rad52 a target for therapy in BRCA-deficient tumors...
- A newly identified DNA ligase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae involved in RAD52-independent repair of DNA double-strand breaksP Schär
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, UK
Genes Dev 11:1912-24. 1997..marginally increased cellular sensitivity to several DNA damaging agents, and does not further sensitize cdc9 or rad52 mutant cells...
- Genotoxic and recombinogenic activities of the two beta-carboline alkaloids harman and harmine in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJane Marlei Boeira
Departamento de Biofisica e Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS, Av Bento Goncalves 9500, Prédio 43421, Campus do Vale, Caixa Postal 15005, CEP 91501 970, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Mutat Res 500:39-48. 2002..in excision-resynthesis repair (rad3 and rad1), in error-prone repair (rad6) and in recombinational repair (rad52) showed enhanced sensitivity to harmine and harman, but the ranking of sensitivities was different for the two ..
- Studies of the interaction between Rad52 protein and the yeast single-stranded DNA binding protein RPAS L Hays
Department of Biochemistry, Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:4400-6. 1998..a number of impaired recombination and repair phenotypes, all of which are suppressible by overexpression of RAD52. We demonstrate that a rad52 mutation is epistatic to the rfa1-44 mutation, placing RFA1 and RAD52 in the same ..
- Different mating-type-regulated genes affect the DNA repair defects of Saccharomyces RAD51, RAD52 and RAD55 mutantsMaria Valencia-Burton
Department of Biology and Resenstiel Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454 9110, USA
Genetics 174:41-55. 2006..deletions of RAD55 or RAD57, an ATPase-defective Rad51 mutation (rad51-K191R), and a C-terminal truncation of Rad52, rad52-Delta327...
- Rsp5, a ubiquitin-protein ligase, is involved in degradation of the single-stranded-DNA binding protein rfa1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeN Erdeniz
Department of Genetics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032 2704, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:224-32. 2000In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, RAD1 and RAD52 are required for alternate pathways of mitotic recombination. Double-mutant strains exhibit a synergistic interaction that decreases direct repeat recombination rates dramatically...
- Multiple recombination pathways for sister chromatid exchange in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: role of RAD1 and the RAD52 epistasis group genesZheng Dong
Center for Immunology and Microbial Disease, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208 3479, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:2576-85. 2003..mechanisms, we determined whether spontaneous and DNA damage-associated SCE requires specific genes within the RAD52 and RAD3 epistasis groups in Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains containing two his3 fragments, his3-Delta5' and his3-..
- The HMG-domain protein Ixr1 blocks excision repair of cisplatin-DNA adducts in yeastM M McA'Nulty
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Mutat Res 362:75-86. 1996..ixr1 strain is the result of enhanced repair was investigated in rad1, rad2, rad4, rad6, rad9, rad10, rad14 and rad52 backgrounds...
- Genetic control of RNA polymerase I-stimulated recombination in yeastB R Zehfus
Department of Biological Chemistry, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033
Genetics 126:41-52. 1990..Mutations in RAD1 and RAD52 decrease the ability of HOT1 to stimulate intrachromosomal recombination while mutations in RAD4 and RAD50 do not ..
- Characterization of RAD52 homologs in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe- van den Bosch M
MGC Department of Radiation Genetics and Chemical Mutagenesis, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 72, 2333 AL, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mutat Res 461:311-23. 2001The RAD52 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is essential for repair of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) by homologous recombination...
- The Escherichia coli RecA protein complements recombination defective phenotype of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad52 mutant cellsAndrej Dudas
Department of Molecular Genetics, Cancer Research Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vlarska 7, 833 91 Bratislava 37, Slovak Republic
Yeast 20:389-96. 2003The Saccharomyces cerevisiae rad52 mutants are sensitive to many DNA damaging agents, mainly to those that induce DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs). In the yeast, DSBs are repaired primarily by homologous recombination (HR)...
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae checkpoint genes RAD9, CHK1 and PDS1 are required for elevated homologous recombination in a mec1 (ATR) hypomorphic mutantMichael Fasullo
Ordway Research Institute, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2418-26. 2008..The mec1-21 hyper-recombination was partially reduced in rad9, pds1 and chk1 mutants, and abolished in rad52 mutants, suggesting the hyper-recombination results from RAD52-dependent recombination pathway(s) that require G(2)..
- Expression of double strand DNA breaks repair genes in pterygiumAnna Lękawa-Ilczuk
Department of Human Genetics, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
Ophthalmic Genet 32:39-47. 2011..This study was focused on the examination of the expression of genes and RAD50 protein taking part in homologous recombination...
- Isolation and genetic analysis of extragenic suppressors of the hyper-deletion phenotype of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae hpr1 delta mutationH Santos-Rosa
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Genetics 139:57-66. 1995..characteristics we have found are the following: (1) one mutation, hrs1-1, reduces the frequency of deletions in rad52-1 strains 20-fold, suggesting that the HRS1 gene is involved in the formation of RAD52-independent deletions; (2) ..
- Assembly of RecA-like recombinases: distinct roles for mediator proteins in mitosis and meiosisS L Gasior
Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:8411-8. 2001..In meiosis, both Rad52 and Rad55/57 are required, whereas either Rad52 or Rad55/57 is sufficient to promote assembly of Rad51 in ..
- Further characterization of the yeast pso4-1 mutant: interaction with rad51 and rad52 mutants after photoinduced psoralen lesionsM A de Morais
Departamento de Biofisica e Centro de Biotecnologia, UFRGS, Av Bento Goncalves 9500, prédio 2A, B1 4, Campus do Vale, 91501 970 Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Curr Genet 29:211-8. 1996..The mode of interaction between pso4-1 and rad51 and between pso4-1 and rad52 mutants indicated that the PSO4 gene belongs to the RAD52 epistasis group for strand-break repair...
- Base analog 6-N-hydroxylaminopurine mutagenesis in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae is controlled by replicative DNA polymerasesP V Shcherbakova
Department of Genetics, Sankt Petersburg University, Russia
Mutat Res 369:33-44. 1996..Null alleles of the PMS1, RAD6, REV3 and RAD52 genes did not affect HAP mutagenesis...
- Homologous recombinational repair factors are recruited and loaded onto the viral DNA genome in Epstein-Barr virus replication compartmentsAyumi Kudoh
Division of Virology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
J Virol 83:6641-51. 2009..we report that homologous recombinational repair (HRR) factors such as replication protein A (RPA), Rad51, and Rad52 as well as MRN complexes are recruited and loaded onto the newly synthesized viral genome in replication ..
- Double-strand break repair pathways protect against CAG/CTG repeat expansions, contractions and repeat-mediated chromosomal fragility in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRangapriya Sundararajan
Program in Genetics, Sackler School of Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Genetics 184:65-77. 2010..About two-thirds of the expansions that occurred in the absence of MRE11 were dependent on RAD52, implicating aberrant homologous recombination as a mechanism for generating expansions...
- XRS2, a DNA repair gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is needed for meiotic recombinationE L Ivanov
Institut Curie, Section de Biologie, Orsay, France
Genetics 132:651-64. 1992..The xrs2 mutation suppresses spore inviability of a spo13 rad52 strain suggesting that XRS2 acts prior to RAD52 in the meiotic recombination pathway...
- The novel gene mus7(+) is involved in the repair of replication-associated DNA damage in fission yeastMika Yokoyama
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Shogoinkawahara cho, Kyoto, Japan
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:770-80. 2007..Spontaneous Rad22 (recombination mediator protein RAD52 homolog) foci increase in S phase to late G2 phase in Deltamus7 and Deltamus81 cells...
- Rad51-independent interchromosomal double-strand break repair by gene conversion requires Rad52 but not Rad55, Rad57, or Dmc1Thomas J Pohl
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:897-906. 2008..In yeast, HR is catalyzed by the Rad51 strand transferase and its "mediators," including the Rad52 single-strand DNA-annealing protein, two Rad51 paralogs (Rad55 and Rad57), and Rad54...
- Evidence that an endo-exonuclease controlled by the NUC2 gene functions in the induction of 'petite' mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeT Y Chow
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiobiology, University of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Curr Genet 20:39-44. 1991Defects in the RAD52 gene of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae reduce the levels of the NUC2 endo-exonuclease by approximately 90% compared to the levels in wild-type strains...
- A Rad52 homolog is required for RAD51-independent mitotic recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeY Bai
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Department of Microbiology and Institute of Cancer Research, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genes Dev 10:2025-37. 1996..as a recombination reporter we have previously shown that mitotic recombination is dependent on the RAD52 gene...
- Distinct RAD51 associations with RAD52 and BCCIP in response to DNA damage and replication stressJustin Wray
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Cancer Res 68:2699-707. 2008..In yeast, Rad51 function is facilitated by Rad52 and other "mediators...
- Regulation of Rad51 recombinase presynaptic filament assembly via interactions with the Rad52 mediator and the Srs2 anti-recombinaseChanghyun Seong
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 284:24363-71. 2009..The Rad51 recombinase, a member of the RAD52 group of recombination proteins, catalyzes the homologous recombination reaction in the context of a helical ..
- Rad1, rad10 and rad52 mutations reduce the increase of microhomology length during radiation-induced microhomology-mediated illegitimate recombination in saccharomyces cerevisiaeCecilia Y Chan
Departments of Pathology, Environmental Health and Radiation Oncology, Geffen School of Medicine and School of Public Health, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Radiat Res 172:141-51. 2009..Here we show that radiation-induced microhomology-mediated recombination is reduced by deletion of RAD52, RAD1 and RAD10 but is not affected by deletion of RAD51 and RAD2...
- Recovery of deficient homologous recombination in Brca2-depleted mouse cells by wild-type Rad51 expressionShauna A Lee
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Biological Science, University of Guelph, 50 Stone Road East, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1 Canada
DNA Repair (Amst) 8:170-81. 2009..the roles of BRCA2 in regulating RAD51 and how other proteins implicated in RAD51 regulation, such as RAD52 and RAD54 function relative to BRCA2 is not known...
- Unrepaired heteroduplex DNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is decreased in RAD1 RAD52-independent recombinationJ P McDonald
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032
Genetics 137:393-405. 1994..Unrepaired heteroduplex increases significantly only in rad52 mutant strains...
- Detection of loss of heterozygosity at RAD51, RAD52, RAD54 and BRCA1 and BRCA2 loci in breast cancer: pathological correlationsR Gonzalez
Department of Medical Oncology, Clinica Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
Br J Cancer 81:503-9. 1999..1, 12p13, 1p32, 17q21 and 13q12-13 regions may collaborate in the inactivation of RAD51, RAD52, RAD54, BRCA1, BRCA2 and possibly other genes implicated in the repair of double-stranded DNA and in DNA ..
- SUMO modification of Rad22, the Schizosaccharomyces pombe homologue of the recombination protein Rad52J C Ho
Department of Biochemistry, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QG, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 29:4179-86. 2001..response, which may be modified by Pmt3 and have identified Rad22, the fission yeast homologue of the recombination protein Rad52. Purification of myc + His-tagged Rad22 protein from cells expressing HA-tagged Pmt3 identifies an 83 ..
- Heteroduplex joint formation by a stoichiometric complex of Rad51 and Rad52 of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeNaoto Arai
Department of Applied Biological Science, Nihon University College of Bioresource Sciences, Fujisawa shi, Kanagawa, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:32218-29. 2005Both Rad51 and Rad52 are required for homologous genetic recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Rad51 promotes heteroduplex joint formation, a general step in homologous recombination...
- Mgs1 and Rad18/Rad5/Mms2 are required for survival of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants with novel temperature/cold sensitive alleles of the DNA polymerase delta subunit, Pol31Niloofar Davoodi Vijeh Motlagh
Molecular Cell Biology Laboratory, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba 6 3, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8578, Japan
DNA Repair (Amst) 5:1459-74. 2006..Deletion of SGS1, RAD52, SRS2, MRC1 or RAD24 had a deleterious effect only in combination with those pol31 alleles that had a phenotype as ..
- Loss and fragmentation of chromosome 5 are major events linked to the adaptation of rad52-DeltaDelta strains of Candida albicans to sorboseEncarnación Andaluz
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Extremadura, 06071 Badajoz, Spain
Fungal Genet Biol 44:789-98. 2007Candida albicans can adapt and grow on sorbose plates by losing one copy of Chr5. Since rad52 mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae lose chromosomes at a high rate, we have investigated the ability of C. albicans rad52 to adapt to sorbose...
- Error-free RAD52 pathway and error-prone REV3 pathway determines spontaneous mutagenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKingo Endo
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 82:35-42. 2007..Using the CAN1 gene in haploid cells or heterozygous diploid cells, we characterized the effects of mutations in the RAD52 and REV3 genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in spontaneous mutagenesis...
- Homologous recombination and the yKu70/80 complex exert opposite roles in resistance against the killer toxin from Pichia acaciaeRoland Klassen
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Corrensstr 3, D 48149 Munster, Germany
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:1864-75. 2007..e. histone H2A phosphorylation and formation of subnuclear repair foci by GFP tagged recombination protein Rad52. As only moderate chromosome fragmentation could be detected by PFGE, transient occurrence and ..
- Reconstitution of DNA strand exchange mediated by Rhp51 recombinase and two mediatorsYumiko Kurokawa
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, International Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
PLoS Biol 6:e88. 2008In the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe, genetic evidence suggests that two mediators, Rad22 (the S. pombe Rad52 homolog) and the Swi5-Sfr1 complex, participate in a common pathway of Rhp51 (the S...
- Telomerase deficiency affects the formation of chromosomal translocations by homologous recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeDamon H Meyer
Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3318. 2008..This decrease correlated with a sequestration of the central homologous recombination factor, Rad52, to telomeres determined by chromatin immuno-precipitation...
- RAD51 loss of function abolishes gene targeting and de-represses illegitimate integration in the moss Physcomitrella patensD G Schaefer
Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, Station de Genetique et d Amelioration des plantes, UR254, INRA, Route de St Cyr, 78026 Versailles, France
DNA Repair (Amst) 9:526-33. 2010..Different mechanisms of HR have been described which depend on the Rad52 epistasis group of genes, but which specific mechanism is used by the cell for GT remains unclear...
- The putative nuclear localization signal of the human RAD52 protein is a potential sumoylation siteKengo Saito
Graduate School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, 2 2 Wakamatsu cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8480, Japan
J Biochem 147:833-42. 2010b>RAD52, a key factor in homologous recombination (HR), plays important roles in both RAD51-dependent and -independent HR pathways...
- DNA photodamage, repair, gene induction and genotoxicity following exposures to 254 nm UV and 8-methoxypsoralen plus UVA in a eukaryotic cell systemD Averbeck
Institut Curie Section de Recherche, Paris, France
Photochem Photobiol 68:289-95. 1998..of the DNA repair gene RAD51 in RAD51-LACZ fusion strains using the dsb repair and recombination deficient mutant rad52 and the corresponding wild type, and we determined the formation of dsb by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis...
- Mechanisms of Rad52-independent spontaneous and UV-induced mitotic recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeEric Coïc
Department of Biology and Rosenstiel Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454 9110, USA
Genetics 179:199-211. 2008..In rad52 strains, gene conversion is reduced 75-fold and the majority of His+ recombinants are crossover associated, with ..
- Mutations in XRS2 and RAD50 delay but do not prevent mating-type switching in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeE L Ivanov
Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02254 9110
Mol Cell Biol 14:3414-25. 1994In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a large number of genes in the RAD52 epistasis group has been implicated in the repair of chromosomal double-strand breaks and in both mitotic and meiotic homologous recombination...
- Effects of mutations of RAD50, RAD51, RAD52, and related genes on illegitimate recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeY Tsukamoto
Department of Molecular Biology, Univesity of Tokyo, Japan
Genetics 142:383-91. 1996..of several rad mutations showed that the recombination rate was reduced by 30-, 10-, 10-, and 10-fold in the rad52, rad50, mre11, and xrs2 mutants, respectively, while in the rad51, 54, 55, and 57 mutants, the rate was comparable ..
- SGS1, a homologue of the Bloom's and Werner's syndrome genes, is required for maintenance of genome stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeP M Watt
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Laboratories, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, United Kingdom
Genetics 144:935-45. 1996..Hyperrecombination was partially independent of both RAD52 and RAD1...
- Mutations in the RAD54 recombination gene in primary cancersM Matsuda
Department of Molecular Pathology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Japan
Oncogene 18:3427-30. 1999..Since RAD51 forms a complex with other members of the RAD52 epistasis group and with BRCA proteins, it is reasonable to ask if alterations of members of the RAD52 epistasis ..
- DNA damage-inducible and RAD52-independent repair of DNA double-strand breaks in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeC W Moore
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, City University of New York Medical School Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education and Graduate Programs in Biochemistry and Biology, New York, New York 10031, USA
Genetics 154:1085-99. 2000Chromosomal repair was studied in stationary-phase Saccharomyces cerevisiae, including rad52/rad52 mutant strains deficient in repairing double-strand breaks (DSBs) by homologous recombination...
- Replication protein A is required for meiotic recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeChristine Soustelle
Institut Curie, Section de Recherche, CNRS UMR144, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Genetics 161:535-47. 2002..DSBs undergo a 5' --> 3' resection to produce 3' single-stranded DNA ends that serve to channel DSBs into the RAD52 recombinational repair pathway...
- Colocalization of multiple DNA double-strand breaks at a single Rad52 repair centreMichael Lisby
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 701 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032 2704, USA
Nat Cell Biol 5:572-7. 2003..Using this system, we demonstrate for the first time that Rad52 DNA repair foci and DSBs colocalize...
- In vivo roles of Rad52, Rad54, and Rad55 proteins in Rad51-mediated recombinationNeal Sugawara
Rosenstiel Center and Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Mol Cell 12:209-19. 2003....
- Increase in Ty1 cDNA recombination in yeast sir4 mutant strains at high temperatureSarah J Radford
Department of Biology, Juniata College, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania 16652, USA
Genetics 168:89-101. 2004..the apparent increase in transposition activity in sir4 mutant strains at high temperature is dependent on the RAD52 gene and is thus likely resulting from an increase in Ty1 cDNA recombination, rather than in IN-mediated ..
- ROLES OF HUMAN RECOMBINATION GENES IN GENOME INSTABILITYDavid Chen; Fiscal Year: 2001..In the yeast S erevisiae, there is strong evidence that genes of the RAD52 epistasis group, which are essential for DNA double-stand break repair and homologous recombination, are also ..
- Patrick Sung; Fiscal Year: 2016..Proteins encoded by evolutionarily conserved genes of the RAD52 epistasis group catalyze the HR reaction...
- Simon N Powell; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Rad52 protein is redundant for homologous recombination in mammalian cells, but in the absence of a functioning BRCA1-..
- Recombination and fork progression in bacteriophage T4Stephen W White; Fiscal Year: 2013..UvsW mediate the core of the homologous recombination reaction and are related to the eukaryotic proteins Rad51, Rad52 and Rad54, respectively...
- Role of RPA Hyperphosphorylation in DNA Damage ResponsesMOISES ALEJANDRO SERRANO; Fiscal Year: 2012..1) the role of hyperphosphorylated RPA in the suppression of origin firing;2) the interaction between Rad51/Rad52 and RPA and its effect by RPA hyperphosphorylatlon;and 3) the cellular molecular interactions stimulated and/or ..
- Development of RAD52 Inhibitors to Induce Lethality of BRCA2-Deficient CellsAlexander V Mazin; Fiscal Year: 2013..In yeast, Rad52 protein plays a key role in HR...
- RODNEY J ROTHSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2014..The specific aims of this proposal are focused on the following three subjects: (1) The Rad52 DNA repair protein: We will continue our molecular genetic characterization of the Rad52 DNA repair pathway using ..
- WILLIAM GAINES; Fiscal Year: 2014..Proteins encoded by evolutionarily conserved genes of the RAD52 epistasis group catalyze the HR reaction...
- Philip A Hieter; Fiscal Year: 2016..Five subunits of the mRNA cleavage and polyadenylation factor (CPF) exhibit CIN and high rates of spontaneous Rad52-foci while splicing factors show wild-type levels of damage...
- GENETIC AND PHYSICAL ANALYSIS OF RECOMBINATION REPAIRJac Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will employ both knock-out and overexpression strategies to investigate the roles of XRS2, RAD51, and RAD52 in recombinational repair...
- ROLES OF UBIQUITIN CONJUGATING ENZYMES IN DNA REPAIRZhiyuan Shen; Fiscal Year: 2001The yeast RAD52 epistasis group of genes are involved in DNA recombination and repair of DNA damaged by radiation and other environmental agents such as cross-linking and alkylating agents...
- Repair of DNA Ends Following Damage in vivoJustin Courcelle; Fiscal Year: 2009..coli belongs to a ubiquitous group of recombination mediators (RMs) that include eukaryotic proteins such as Rad52 and BRCA2 and are required to maintain genome stability in the presence of DNA damage...
- RAD52 FUNCTION IN MAMMALIAN SOMATIC CELLSColin Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2001..Adapted from the Investigator's Abstract) The objective of this proposal is to determine the function of RAD52 in mammalian somatic cells...
- Role of Rad51 Paralogs in Mammalian DNA RepairPatrick Sung; Fiscal Year: 2006..and proteins that function in concert to mediated homologous recombination are collectively referred to as the RAD52 epistasis group...
- ANALYSIS OF LARGE DNA PALINDROME FORMATION IN YEASTDavid Butler; Fiscal Year: 2000..A mutation in RAD52, a gene required for repair of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) by homologous recombination, blocks palindrome ..
- GENETIC CONTROL OF IMMUNOGLOBULIN VARIABLE REGIONSKatherine Knight; Fiscal Year: 2002..molecules involved in somatic gene conversion by cloning and characterizing the rabbit homologues of yeast RAD52 epistasis genes, genes known to be involved in gene conversion...
- The Genetics of Gene Targeting in Vertebrate CellsMatthew Porteus; Fiscal Year: 2006..include understanding: 1) the cell cycle regulation of GT; 2) the rate of GT in DT40 cells; 3) the role of Rad52 in inhibiting GT and; 4) the rate of GT in cells with mutations involved in DNA double-stranded break repair...
- RODNEY J ROTHSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will use yeast as outlined in the specific aims: (1) The Rad52 DNA repair protein: We will continue our molecular genetic characterization of the Rad52 DNA repair pathway using ..
- Transcription-enhanced recombination in mammalian cellsZhiyuan Shen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Current models suggest that binding of Ku proteins to DNA ends initiates NHEJ whereas binding of RAD52 solicits HRR, and that HRR is more frequently associated with replication or transcriptionally active loci...
- Role of Human Rad52 and Rad51- paralogs in DNA RepairKENDALL KNIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study focuses on the functional organization of the human Rad52 protein (HsRad52) as well as the functional relationships between HsRad52 and other human recombination proteins...
- A Tripartite Approach to Elucidate Rdh54 functionRebecca Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2007Members of the RAD52 epistasis group are necessary for maintaining genomic integrity. Through homologous recombination (HR), RAD52 group proteins faithfully repair lesions caused by spontaneous or induced DNA damage...
- Regulation of Double Strand Break RepairJACQUELINE BARLOW; Fiscal Year: 2007..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In response to DNA damage causing double strand breaks (DSBs), the recombination protein Rad52 forms discrete nuclear foci after the initiation of DNA replication and S phase entry...
- Mechanisms of Cellular Transduction with AAV VectorsDaniel Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we plan to disrupt genes involved in homologous recombination and DSBR (Rad52, Rad54, and Ku70) using homologous integration of AAV vectors and define cellular pathways involved in homologous ..
- NMR STUDIES OF PROTEIN INTERACTIONS IN UBIQUITINATIONYuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..of a ubiquitin conjugation enzyme UBC9 (E2) with UBL-1 (a ubiquitin homologue) and target proteins Rad51, Rad52 and p53. We will characterize the UBL1- UBC9 conjugate and its interactions with target proteins...
- RECOMBINATION ASSOCIATED WITH YEAST RETROTRANSPOSONSSusan Liebman; Fiscal Year: 1990..The effect of the recombination deficient mutation, rad52-, on the types of recombination that occur between repeated Tys, deltas, and non-transposable sequences will be ..
- Genetic Recombination/Genomic Rearrangements ConferenceLORRAINE SYMINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Activating liver carcinogens in yeast by expressing CYP450 polymorphismsMichael Fasullo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RADIATION INDUCTION OF GENOMIC REARRANGEMENTS IN YEASTMichael Fasullo; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Double-strand Break Repair in YeastLORRAINE SYMINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Rad52, Rad54, Rad55 and Rad57 function in formation and/or stabilization of the Rad51 nucleoprotein filament, whereas ..
- Genetic Recombination and Chromosome RearrangementsLORRAINE SYMINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Much of the conference will be devoted to topics of concern both to the National Cancer Institute and to the Institute of Environmental and Health Sciences. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structure-functional studies of recombination/replication mediator proteinsSergey Korolev; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will help formulate future studies of similar processes in eukaryotes where their malfunctions are highly associated with tumorigenesis. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF BLEOMYCIN GROUP ANTIBIOTICS AND ANALOGUESSIDNEY HECHT; Fiscal Year: 2007..These libraries will be used to select BLMs having specific desirable properties and the identified analogues will be characterized thoroughly as potential anti-tumor agents. ..
- End Processing in DNA Double Strand Break RepairThomas Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This assay, in vitro biochemical assays, and cellular responses to chemical mutagens will evaluate the hypothesis that ORF YMR156c is the 3' phosphatase portion of yeast polynucleotide kinase. ..
- MECHANISM AND INHIBITION OF HUMAN DNA TOPOISOMERASE ISIDNEY HECHT; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF MALIGNANT GLIOMASDemetrius Kokkinakis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Genetic differences between tumor cells and those capable of infiltrating the normal parenchyma will also be identified and compared to those of initiated multipotent progenitor cells in order to understand their lineage. ..
- Roles of BRCA1, BRCA2 in Homologous RecombinationSimon Powell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, the defects in HR that promote carcinogenesis by causing genetic instability may also offer a novel therapeutic target against the cancers that arise in this setting. ..
- NATURAL PRODUCTS DISCOVERY - NUCLEAR AND SIGNALING TARGESIDNEY HECHT; Fiscal Year: 2004..preparing in quantity and evaluating promising compounds in tumor cells (for mechanism, biochemical pharmacology, interaction with known antineoplastic agents) and in animal tumor models (Programs 1-3) ..
- Radiation Oncology 2008 Gordon Research ConferenceSimon Powell; Fiscal Year: 2008..Improving the effectiveness of radiation therapy, which is used in the treatment of 50% of all human cancers, will have a major impact on current approaches to treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ELABORATION OF MODIFIED PROTEINS USING MISACYLATED TRNASSIDNEY HECHT; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also of interest is the exploitation of a new method for introducing a broader range of amino acid analogues into the derived proteins, and the elaboration of the modified proteins in an intact cellular system ..
- Alternate Spliced Repair Transcripts & Genome StabilityRodney Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the approach outlined here is applicable to other tissue types and it is anticipated that this research will lead to further study of other human tumors. ..
- INTERACTION OF BLEOMYCIN WITH RNA AND DNASIDNEY HECHT; Fiscal Year: 2006..In spite of the obvious utility and importance of the bleomycins as antitumor agents, there are clear opportunities to alter the molecular behavior of bleomycin, and thereby potentially improve its antitumor efficacy. ..
- GENOME STABILITY IN RAD MUTANTSADAM BAILIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..This combination of genetic and physical methods will promote a more thorough understanding of several of the molecular interactions critical for SSR, and the maintenance of genome stability. ..
- Estrogen Bioactivation and Risk of Ovarian CancerThomas Sellers; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is innovative, plausible, and important to evaluate similar associations with epithelial ovarian cancer. The results could have profound implications for our understanding of the disease. ..
- Mechanisms of Nonhomologous Repair of Damaged DNASang Eun Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, since DSB repair by NHEJ is remarkably conserved from yeast to humans, these studies will help to dissect the similar pathways in humans. ..
- New Methods for Using Gene Disruption LibrariesRodney Rothstein; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., Candida or one of many bacterial strains). Successful completion of these aims will greatly expand the methods available in the molecular geneticist's tool kit. ..