Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PYDC1
Description: pyrin domain containing 1
Alias: ASC2, POP1, PYC1, cPOP1, pyrin domain-containing protein 1, PAAD-only protein 1, PYD (pyrin domain) containing 1, cellular POP1, pyrin-only protein 1
- Broadening the phenotypic spectrum of POP1-skeletal dysplasias: identification of POP1 mutations in a mild and severe skeletal dysplasiaJimena Barraza-García
Institute of Medical and Molecular Genetics INGEMM, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid IdiPAZ, Madrid, Spain
Clin Genet . 2017b>POP1 is a large protein common to the RNase-MRP and RNase-P (RMRP) endoribonucleoprotein complexes. Although its precise function is unknown, it appears to participate in the assembly or stability of both complexes...
- Genetic diversity and population structure of Chinese foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.) Beauv.] landracesChunfang Wang
National Key Facility for Crop Gene Resources and Genetic Improvement, Institute of Crop Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100081, China
G3 (Bethesda) 2:769-77. 2012..was identified in the accessions of Pop3 from the middle regions of the Yellow River, followed by accessions in Pop1 from the downstream regions of the Yellow River, suggesting that foxtail millet was domesticated in the Yellow ..
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of cPOP1Kyung Hoon Do
School of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Republic of Korea
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 69:292-4. 2013Cellular pyrin domain-only protein 1 (cPOP1) is a pyrin domain (PYD)-containing protein that can regulate inflammation by preventing the assembly of inflammasome via direct interaction with ASC (apoptosis-associated speck-like protein ..
- The genetic structure of Leishmania infantum populations in Brazil and its possible association with the transmission cycle of visceral leishmaniasisGabriel Eduardo Melim Ferreira
Laboratorio de Pesquisa em Leishmaniose, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
PLoS ONE 7:e36242. 2012..b>POP1 (111 strains) was observed in all but one endemic area...
- Inhibition of P2X4 suppresses joint inflammation and damage in collagen-induced arthritisFaxin Li
Department of Rheumatology, Jinan Central Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, 250013, Shandong, China
Inflammation 37:146-53. 2014..These data show that P2X4 asODN confers a therapeutic benefit on CIA. Inhibition of the NLRP1 inflammasome signaling pathway is the underlying mechanism of action...
- The PAAD/PYRIN-only protein POP1/ASC2 is a modulator of ASC-mediated nuclear-factor-kappa B and pro-caspase-1 regulationChristian Stehlik
The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Biochem J 373:101-13. 2003..In the present paper, we describe characterization of human PAAD-only protein-1 (POP1)/ASC2, which is highly homologous with the PAAD domain of ASC, and which probably originated by gene duplication on ..
- ¹H, ¹⁵N, and ¹³C resonance assignment of cerato-populin, a fungal PAMP from Ceratocystis populicolaFabio Baroni
Department of Biomedical, Biotechnological and Translational Sciences S Bi Bi T, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Biomol NMR Assign 8:405-8. 2014..Amongst these, cerato-populin (Pop1) produced by Ceratocystis populicola; a protein orthologous of cerato-platanin (CP), the core member of the CP ..
- Engineering the α-ketoglutarate overproduction from raw glycerol by overexpression of the genes encoding NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase and pyruvate carboxylase in Yarrowia lipolyticaVenelina Yovkova
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Technische Universitat Dresden, 01062, Dresden, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 98:2003-13. 2014..overexpression of genes encoding NADP(+)-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDP1) and pyruvate carboxylase (PYC1) under KGA production conditions from the renewable carbon source raw glycerol. Recombinant Y...
- Genetic diversity and population structure of black Dahe pig based on DNA sequences analyses of mitochondrial and nuclear genesLizhou Tang
a Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biologic Resource and Environmental Science, Qujing Normal University, Qujing, Yunnan, China and
Mitochondrial DNA A DNA Mapp Seq Anal 27:360-4. 2016..analyses detected high levels of gene flow among the five populations, particularly individual pigs from Dahe town (Pop1) or Yingshang town (Pop2) to other populations (Pop3, Pop4, and Pop5)...
- Inflammasome activation and vitiligo/nonsegmental vitiligo progressionJ Marie
National Reference Centre for Rare Skin Diseases, Hôpital St André, CHU de Bordeaux, France
Br J Dermatol 170:816-23. 2014Polymorphisms of NLR (nucleotide-binding domain and leucine rich repeat containing) family, pyrin domain containing protein 1 (NLRP1) have been found in patients with vitiligo/nonsegmental vitiligo (NSV), and increased NLRP1 expression ..
- Molecular characterization and population structure of the macaw palm, Acrocomia aculeata (Arecaceae), ex situ germplasm collection using microsatellites markersEder C M Lanes
From the Laboratory of Biotechnology and Plant Breeding, Federal University of Vicosa, Viçosa MG 36570 000, Brazil Lanes, Motoike, and Freitas and Department of Plant Science, Federal University of Vicosa, Viçosa MG 36570 000, Brazil Motoike, Kuki, and Nick
J Hered 106:102-12. 2015..The highest subpopulation diversity was identified in Pop1, mainly formed by accessions from State of Mato Grosso do Sul...
- Crystal structure of human POP1 and its distinct structural feature for PYD domainJae Young Choi
School of Biotechnology and Graduate School of Biochemistry at Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712 749, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 460:957-63. 2015..PYD only protein 1 (POP1) negatively regulates inflammatory response by blocking the formation of the inflammasome...
- Footprinting analysis of interactions between the largest eukaryotic RNase P/MRP protein Pop1 and RNase P/MRP RNA componentsRobert D Fagerlund
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for RNA Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
RNA 21:1591-605. 2015..we present the results of the analysis of interactions between the largest protein component of yeast RNases P/MRP, Pop1, and the RNA moieties of the enzymes, discuss structural implications of the results, and suggest that Pop1 plays ..
- Further evidence of POP1 mutations as the cause of anauxetic dysplasiaSiham Chafai Elalaoui
Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Centre de Génomique Humaine, université Mohammed V Souissi, Rabat, Morocco
Am J Med Genet A 170:2462-5. 2016..because a familial case (two affected sibs) with an AAD-identical phenotype had compound heterozygous mutations in POP1, encoding a molecule functionally related to the gene product of RMRP...
- Active Yeast Telomerase Shares Subunits with Ribonucleoproteins RNase P and RNase MRPBruno Lemieux
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Center of Excellence in RNA Biology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC J1E 4K8, Canada
Cell 165:1171-81. 2016..Additional proteins are required for activity on telomeres in vivo. Here, we report that the Pop1, Pop6, and Pop7 proteins, known components of RNase P and RNase MRP, bind to yeast telomerase RNA and are essential ..
- Neither self-reported ethnicity nor declared family origin are reliable indicators of genomic ancestryBruna Ribeiro de Andrade Ramos
Department of Pathology, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Distrito de Rubiao Junior, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, 18618 970, Brazil
Genetica 144:259-65. 2016..Two cohorts were included: 404 women asked to self-report their ethnicity (Pop1) and 234 women asked to report their family's origin (Pop2)...
- [Influence of M680I and M694V mutations on pyrin's domain B30.2 tertiary structure and it's complex formation ability with caspase-1]G G Arakelov
Russian Armenian Slavonic University, Yerevan, 0051, Armenia
Mol Biol (Mosk) 49:826-31. 2015..Using computer modeling, it was found that the above mutations change the tertiary structure of B30.2 domain, causing shifts of binding sites and altering the energy of interaction between B30.2 and caspase-1. ..
- Chronic glucocorticoids exposure enhances neurodegeneration in the frontal cortex and hippocampus via NLRP-1 inflammasome activation in male miceWen Hu
Department of Pharmacology, Key Laboratory of Anti inflammatory and Immunopharmacology, Ministry of Education, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, PR China
Brain Behav Immun 52:58-70. 2016..These results suggest that chronic GCs exposure may increase brain inflammation via NLRP-1 inflammasome activation and induce neurodegeneration...
- Conservation and population genetic diversity of Curcuma wenyujin (Zingiberaceae), a multifunctional medicinal herbW H Zheng
College of Life and Environmental Science, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 14:10422-32. 2015..14% by ISSR). The highest values of PPL, expected heterozygosity, and Shannon's information index were in Pop1, while the lowest values were in Pop2. Both DNA markers revealed a short genetic distance between Pop1 and Pop2 (0...
- Life course socioeconomic status and DNA methylation in genes related to stress reactivity and inflammation: The multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisBelinda L Needham
a Department of Epidemiology University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI USA
Epigenetics 10:958-69. 2015..DNAm in 3 stress-related genes (AVP, FKBP5, OXTR) and 7 inflammation-related genes (CCL1, CD1D, F8, KLRG1, NLRP12, PYDC1, TLR3). In general, low SES was associated with increased DNAm...
- POPsicle for Fever! Cooling Down the InflammasomeKenichi Shimada
Departments of Biomedical Sciences and Pediatrics, Divisions of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA Infectious and Immunologic Diseases Research Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Immunity 43:213-5. 2015..In this issue of Immunity, de Almeida et al. (2015) report that the PYRIN domain-only protein (POP1) efficiently inhibits inflammasome activation, identifying it as a pan-inflammasome inhibitor.
- The Protein Level of Rev1, a TLS Polymerase in Fission Yeast, Is Strictly Regulated during the Cell Cycle and after DNA DamageMasashi Uchiyama
Institute for Biomolecular Science, Faculty of Science, Gakushuin University, Toshima ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0130000. 2015..In addition, deletion of pop1 or pop2, subunits of SCF ubiquitin ligase complexes, upregulated Rev1 protein levels...
- Inflammasomes and human autoimmunity: A comprehensive reviewChin an Yang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taiwan Department of General Pediatrics, China Medical University Children s Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Autoimmun 61:1-8. 2015..Indeed, it is likely that the chronic pathology of autoimmunity is mediated in part by otherwise innocent bystander cells, augmented by inflammasomes. ..
- Cerato-platanin shows expansin-like activity on cellulosic materialsIvan Baccelli
Dipartimento di Scienze delle Produzioni Agroalimentari e dell Ambiente, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Via della Lastruccia 10, 50019, Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 98:175-84. 2014..In the present work, the expansin-like activity of CP and Pop1, a CP family member, was investigated...
- Fbw7/hCDC4 dimerization regulates its substrate interactionsMarkus Welcker
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cell Div 2:7. 2007..The two fission yeast homologs of Fbw7, pop1 and pop2, have previously been shown to dimerize...
- QTL mapping for resistance to root-knot nematodes in the M-120 RNR Upland cotton line (Gossypium hirsutum L.) of the Auburn 623 RNR sourceXinlian Shen
Crop and Soil Sciences, University of Georgia, Tifton, GA 31793, USA
Theor Appl Genet 113:1539-49. 2006..21 (9.69 and 9.61 for Pop1 and Pop2, respectively) and accounted for 63.7% (52.6 and 65...
- Global transcriptional and physiological responses of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to ammonium, L-alanine, or L-glutamine limitationRenata Usaite
Center for Microbial Biotechnology, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, Building 223, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:6194-203. 2006..focused around pyruvate, acetyl coenzyme A, glyoxylate, and alpha-ketoglutarate via increased levels of ALT1, DAL7, PYC1, GDH2, and ADH5 and decreased levels of GDH3, CIT2, and ACS1 transcripts...
- Pathway analysis of genome-wide association study for bone mineral densityYoung Ho Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1, Anam Dong 5 Ga, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 39:8099-106. 2012..Further examination of the gene contents revealed that DBR1, DICER1, EXO1, FEN1, POP1, POP4, RPP30, and RPP38 were involved in 2 of the 8 pathways (p < 0.05)...
- Developmental expression of Pop1/BvesTrusha K Vasavada
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 52:371-7. 2004Initial studies have suggested that Pop1/Bves protein is exclusively expressed in the smooth muscle walls of the coronary vessels, implying its possible importance in coronary diseases...
- Probing the structure of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNase MRPS C Walker
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Jackson s Mill, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 33:479-81. 2005..Further ongoing studies of this enzyme reveal an extensive network of interactions between subunits and a probable central role for the Pop1, Pop4 and Pop7 subunits.
- Differential timing of defense-related responses induced by cerato-platanin and cerato-populin, two non-catalytic fungal elicitorsLara Lombardi
Department of Biology, Plant Physiology Section, University of Pisa, 56124, Pisa, Italy
Physiol Plant 149:408-21. 2013..Cerato-populin (Pop1) is an ortholog showing low sequence identity with CP...
- Multiple binding sites on the pyrin domain of ASC protein allow self-association and interaction with NLRP3 proteinParimala R Vajjhala
School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Biol Chem 287:41732-43. 2012..two distinct binding sites important for self-association and interaction with NLRP3 and the modulatory protein POP1. Modeling of the homodimeric ASC PYD complex formed via an asymmetric interaction using both sites resembles a type ..
- Kinetic characterization of yeast pyruvate carboxylase isozyme Pyc1 and the Pyc1 mutant, C249AJoy P Branson
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
Biochemistry 43:1075-81. 2004The yeast Pyc1 isoform of pyruvate carboxylase has been further characterized and shown to differ from the Pyc2 isoform in its K(a) for K(+) activation...
- MMP-2, TNF-α and NLRP1 polymorphisms in Chinese patients with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritisRongbin Sun
Department of Orthopedic Trauma, Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Changzhou Second People s Hospital, Changzhou, 213003, China
Mol Biol Rep 40:6303-8. 2013..TNF-α rs1800629 A/G, NLRP1 rs878329 C/G and NLRP1 rs6502867 C/T polymorphisms were not associated with risk of RA or AS. These findings suggest that the MMP-2 rs243865 C/T polymorphism is associated with AS development...
- NMR assignment of human ASC2, a self contained protein interaction domain involved in apoptosis and inflammationFabiola Espejo
J Biomol NMR 23:151-2. 2002
- Kinetic characterization of yeast pyruvate carboxylase isozyme pyc1Joy P Branson
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, W A 6009, Australia
Biochemistry 41:4459-66. 2002..The expression of the two isozymes Pyc1 and Pyc2 appears to be differentially regulated, and since both are expressed cytoplasmically, this suggests that ..
- QTL identification of grain protein concentration and its genetic correlation with starch concentration and grain weight using two populations in maize (Zea mays L.)Yuling Li
College of Agriculture, Henan Agricultural University, 95 Wenhua Rd, Zhengzhou, People s Republic of China
J Genet 88:61-7. 2009..Two hundred and eighty-four (Pop1) and 265 (Pop2) F(2:3) families were developed from two crosses between one high-oil maize inbred GY220 and two ..
- The Patched dependence receptor triggers apoptosis through a DRAL-caspase-9 complexFrédéric Mille
Apoptosis, Cancer and Development Laboratory, Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, CNRS UMR5238, Universite de Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, 69008 Lyon, France
Nat Cell Biol 11:739-46. 2009..Thus, we propose that in the absence of its ligand Shh the dependence receptor Ptc serves as the anchor for a caspase-activating complex that includes DRAL, and caspase-9...
- Novel biomarkers for prostate cancer including noncoding transcriptsTammy L Romanuik
Genome Sciences Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Pathol 175:2264-76. 2009..intracellular proteins (CAMK2N1, DHCR24, GLO1, NGFRAP1, PGK1, PSMA7, SBDS, and YWHAQ); and noncoding transcripts (POP1 (100 kb) from mRNA AK000023), POP2 (4 kb from mRNA AL832227), POP3 (50 kb from EST CFI40309), POP5 (intron of NCAM2,..
- Vaccinia virus-specific molecular signature in atopic dermatitis skinDmitry N Grigoryev
Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:153-159.e28. 2010..However, the precise mechanism or mechanisms and key factor or factors of EV are unknown...
- Personalized medicine in psoriasis: developing a genomic classifier to predict histological response to AlefaceptMayte Suárez-Fariñas
Laboratory for Investigative Dermatology, The Rockefeller University 1230 York Ave, New York, NY 10065, USA
BMC Dermatol 10:1. 2010....
- Quantitative expression of RIG-like helicase, NOD-like receptor and inflammasome-related mRNAs in humans and miceMaciej Lech
Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Munich, 80336 Munich, Germany
Int Immunol 22:717-28. 2010..These data suggest that the cell-type-, organ- and species-specific expression and regulation need to be considered in the design and interpretation of related studies...
- Sulfated modification and cytotoxicity of Portulaca oleracea L. polysaccharidesTong Chen
State Key Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China
Glycoconj J 27:635-42. 2010A water-soluble polysaccharide (POP1) was isolated from Portulaca oleracea L...
- Anaplerotic role for cytosolic malic enzyme in engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae strainsRintze M Zelle
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology and Kluyver Centre for Genomics of Industrial Fermentation, Julianalaan 67, 2628 BC Delft, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:732-8. 2011..Consistently, cytosolic relocalization of the native Mae1p, which can use both NADH and NADPH, in a pyc1,2Δ pdc2Δ strain grown under a CO(2) atmosphere, also enabled slow-growth on glucose...
- Whole-exome re-sequencing in a family quartet identifies POP1 mutations as the cause of a novel skeletal dysplasiaEvgeny A Glazov
University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Australia
PLoS Genet 7:e1002027. 2011..Our studies identified two novel compound heterozygous loss-of-function mutations in POP1, which encodes a core component of the RNase mitochondrial RNA processing (RNase MRP) complex that directly ..
- 'POP'! The mystery of a skeletal dysplasia vanishes thanks to exome sequencingLm Sutton
Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4H4, Canada E mail
Clin Genet 80:134-5. 2011Whole-exome re-sequencing in a family quartet identifies POP1 mutations as the cause of a novel skeletal dysplasia Glazov et al. (2011) PLoS Genetics 7(3):e1002027.
- A mutation screen in patients with Kabuki syndromeYun Li
Institute of Human Genetics and Center for Molecular Medicine Cologne, University Medical Faculty, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 34, 50931 Cologne, Germany
Hum Genet 130:715-24. 2011..1). Mutation-negative patients were subsequently tested for mutations in ten functional candidate genes (e.g. MLL, ASC2, ASH2L, and WDR5), but no convincing causative mutations could be found...
- BVES regulates EMT in human corneal and colon cancer cells and is silenced via promoter methylation in human colorectal carcinomaChristopher S Williams
Department of Medicine GI, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4056-69. 2011..Here, we investigated the functions of blood vessel epicardial substance (BVES, also known as POPDC1 and POP1), an integral membrane protein that regulates TJ formation...
- New families of human regulatory RNA structures identified by comparative analysis of vertebrate genomesBrian J Parker
The Bioinformatics Centre, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Genome Res 21:1929-43. 2011..donor S-adenosylmethionine; the other involving a tRNA-like structure in the intron of the tRNA maturation gene POP1. We experimentally validate the predicted MAT2A structures...
- Mapping of POP1-binding site on pyrin domain of ASCThiagarajan Srimathi
Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Biol Chem 283:15390-8. 2008..Using purified proteins, we characterized the in vitro interaction of ASC_PYD with PYD-only protein 1 (POP1). POP1 specifically interacts with ASC_PYD with a dissociation constant of 4.08 +/- 0...
- F-box/WD-repeat proteins pop1p and Sud1p/Pop2p form complexes that bind and direct the proteolysis of cdc18pD A Wolf
Departments of Pathology and Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Curr Biol 9:373-6. 1999..We show here that, despite their structural and functional similarities, the pop1 and pop2 genes fail to complement each other's deletion phenotypes, indicating that they perform non-redundant, but ..
- The death-domain fold of the ASC PYRIN domain, presenting a basis for PYRIN/PYRIN recognitionEdvards Liepinsh
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, S 17177, Stockholm, Sweden
J Mol Biol 332:1155-63. 2003..Consequently, the previously reported binding between the PYRIN domains of ASC and ASC2/POP1 or between the zebrafish PYRIN domains of zAsc and Caspy is proposed to involve interactions between helices 2 ..
- New mutations of Saccharomyces cerevisiae that partially relieve both glucose and galactose repression activate the protein kinase Snf1Cristina Rodriguez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols CSIC UAM, Unidad de Bioquímica y Genética de Levaduras, c Arturo Duperier 4, 28029, Madrid, Spain
FEMS Yeast Res 3:77-84. 2003..The isolation was done starting with a triple mutant pyc1 pyc2 mth1 unable to grow in glucose-ammonium medium and selecting for mutants able to grow in the non-permissive ..
- Mouse Pop1 is required for muscle regeneration in adult skeletal muscleBirgit Andrée
Cell and Molecular Biology, Technical University Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 22:1504-12. 2002..In this study, a null mutation of Pop1 was generated by replacing the first coding exon of the Pop1 gene with the lacZ reporter gene...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel F-box protein Pof10 in fission yeastChiho Ikebe
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:1399-407. 2002..Pof10 in fission yeast resulted in loss of viability with marked morphological changes that are similar to those in pop1 mutant yeast...
- Cloning and characterization of PIMT, a protein with a methyltransferase domain, which interacts with and enhances nuclear receptor coactivator PRIP functionY Zhu
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10380-5. 2001..liver cDNA library by using the coactivator peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-interacting protein (PRIP) (ASC2/AIB3/RAP250/NRC/TRBP) as bait in a yeast two-hybrid screen...
- PAAD - a new protein domain associated with apoptosis, cancer and autoimmune diseasesK Pawłowski
Program in Bioinformatics and Biological Complexity, The Burnham Institute, 10901 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Trends Biochem Sci 26:85-7. 2001..Its location within these proteins and predicted fold suggests that it functions as a protein-protein interaction domain, possibly uniting different signaling pathways...
- The spike of S phase cyclin Cig2 expression at the G1-S border in fission yeast requires both APC and SCF ubiquitin ligasesH Yamano
Laboratory of Cell Cycle Control, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, South Mimms, Herts EN6 3LD, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 6:1377-87. 2000..We show here that SCF(Pop1, Pop2) plays a role in transcriptional periodicity, as pop mutations result in constitutive cig2(+) transcripts...
- Isolation and characterization of the novel popeye gene family expressed in skeletal muscle and heartB Andree
Cell and Molecular Biology, Technical University of Braunschweig, Brunswick, 38106, Germany
Dev Biol 223:371-82. 2000..Chromosomal mapping indicates that Pop1 and Pop3 genes are clustered on mouse chromosome 10, whereas Pop2 maps to mouse chromosome 16...
- Two distinct ubiquitin-proteolysis pathways in the fission yeast cell cycleT Toda
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 354:1551-7. 1999..In fission yeast F-box/WD-repeat proteins Pop1 and Pop2, components of SCF are required for cell-cycle-dependent degradation of the cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) ..
- Isolation and properties of Enterococcus hirae mutants defective in the potassium/proton antiport systemY Kakinuma
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
J Bacteriol 181:4103-5. 1999..Mutants defective in this antiport activity were alkaline pH sensitive. One mutant, Pop1, lacked both K+/methylamine exchange at pH 9.5 and concomitant acidification of cytoplasmic pH...
- Requirement of the SCFPop1/Pop2 Ubiquitin Ligase for Degradation of the Fission Yeast S Phase Cyclin Cig2Hiroyuki Yamano
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:18974-80. 2004..Two F-box/WD proteins Pop1 and Pop2, homologues of budding yeast Cdc4 and human Fbw7, are responsible for Cig2 instability...
- Two F-box/WD-repeat proteins Pop1 and Pop2 form hetero- and homo-complexes together with cullin-1 in the fission yeast SCF (Skp1-Cullin-1-F-box) ubiquitin ligaseK Kominami
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Genes Cells 3:721-35. 1998..In fission yeast, F-box/WD-repeat protein Pop1 regulates the level of the CDK (cyclin-dependent kinase) inhibitor Rum1 and the S phase regulator Cdc18.
- Fission yeast WD-repeat protein pop1 regulates genome ploidy through ubiquitin-proteasome-mediated degradation of the CDK inhibitor Rum1 and the S-phase initiator Cdc18K Kominami
Laboratory of Cell Regulation, Imperial Cancer Research Fund ICRF, London, UK
Genes Dev 11:1548-60. 1997..By screening for sterile mutants that show increased ploidy, we have identified a new gene, pop1+, in mutants that become polyploid...
- Pop3p is essential for the activity of the RNase MRP and RNase P ribonucleoproteins in vivoB Dichtl
EMBL, Gene Expression Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 16:417-29. 1997..resembles those previously described for mutations in components of RNase MRP and RNase P (rrp2-1, rpr1-1 and pop1-1). Immunoprecipitation of epitope-tagged Pop3p co-precipitates the RNA components of both RNase MRP and RNase P...
- Polymorphism of the yeast pyruvate carboxylase 2 gene and protein: effects on protein biotinylationD L Val
Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, Australia
Biochem J 312:817-25. 1995..cerevisiae there are two isoenzymes of pyruvate carboxylase (Pyc) encoded by separate genes designated PYC1 and PYC2...
- A mutation affecting carbon catabolite repression suppresses growth defects in pyruvate carboxylase mutants from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeM A Blazquez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas del C S I C, Unidad de Bioquímica y Genética de Levaduras, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 377:197-200. 1995Yeasts with disruptions in the genes PYC1 and PYC2 encoding the isoenzymes of pyruvate carboxylase cannot grow in a glucose-ammonium medium (Stucka et al. (1991) Mol. Gen. Genet. 229, 307-315)...
- Regulation of pyruvate carboxylase isozyme (PYC1, PYC2) gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during fermentative and nonfermentative growthN K Brewster
Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, Australia
Arch Biochem Biophys 311:62-71. 1994..cerevisiae there are two isoenzymes of pyruvate carboxylase (Pyc) encoded by separate genes, designated PYC1 and PYC2...
- The POP1 gene encodes a protein component common to the RNase MRP and RNase P ribonucleoproteinsZ Lygerou
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Dev 8:1423-33. 1994..8S(S):5.8S(L). The pop1-1 mutation (for processing of precursor RNAs) shows this phenotype and also inhibits A3 cleavage...
- Cloning and nucleotide sequence of ovine prolactin cDNAS Varma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66103
Gene 77:349-59. 1989..A cDNA expression library was constructed in the lambda gt 11 phage vector using ovine (o) pituitary mRNA. The clone, pOP1, carrying a 934-bp insert contains an open reading frame beginning with the first nucleotide (nt) and ending with ..
- Yeast pyruvate carboxylase: identification of two genes encoding isoenzymesM E Walker
Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, South Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 176:1210-7. 1991..We have mapped the genes encoding both enzymes and shown the previously characterised gene, designated PYC1, to be on chromosome VII whilst PYC2 is on chromosome II.
- The transcarboxylase domain of pyruvate carboxylase is essential for assembly of the peroxisomal flavoenzyme alcohol oxidasePaulina Z Ozimek
Eukaryotic Microbiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute GBB, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
FEMS Yeast Res 7:1082-92. 2007..Upon introduction of 18 mutant genes into the H. polymorpha PYC1 deletion strain (pyc1), four different phenotypes were obtained, namely Asp- Mut-, Asp- Mut+, Asp+ Mut-, and Asp+ ..
- New proteins orthologous to cerato-platanin in various Ceratocystis species and the purification and characterization of cerato-populin from Ceratocystis populicolaCecilia Comparini
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Agrarie, Sezione di Patologia vegetale, Universita di Firenze, Via della Lastruccia 10, 50019, Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 84:309-22. 2009..3% to 60.3%. Cerato-populin (Pop1), the CP-orthologous protein produced by C. populicola, was purified and characterized...
- Mechanism of Bcl-2 and Bcl-X(L) inhibition of NLRP1 inflammasome: loop domain-dependent suppression of ATP binding and oligomerizationBenjamin Faustin
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3935-40. 2009..These findings thus demonstrate that the loop domain is necessary and sufficient to inhibit NLRP1, providing insights into the mechanism by which anti-apoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and Bcl-X(L) inhibit NLRP1...
- Inhibition of the inflammasome complex reduces the inflammatory response after thromboembolic stroke in miceDenise P Abulafia
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:534-44. 2009..These findings show that the inflammasome complex forms after focal brain ischemia and may be a novel therapeutic target for reducing the detrimental consequences of postischemic inflammation...
- Hepatitis B virus X protein induces lipogenic transcription factor SREBP1 and fatty acid synthase through the activation of nuclear receptor LXRalphaKyeongjin Kim
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Biochem J 416:219-30. 2008..Furthermore, HBx also augments the ability to recruit ASC2 (activating signal co-integrator 2), a transcriptional co-activator that controls liver lipid metabolic pathways, ..
- DNA sequences in chromosomes II and VII code for pyruvate carboxylase isoenzymes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: analysis of pyruvate carboxylase-deficient strainsR Stucka
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Biochemie und Zellbiologie, Universitat, Munchen, Federal Republic of Germany
Mol Gen Genet 229:307-15. 1991..We localized the previously isolated gene, which we designate PYC1, to chromosome VII. Disruption of either of the genes did not produce marked changes in the phenotype...
- RXR heterodimerization allosterically activates LXR binding to the second NR box of activating signal co-integrator-2You Lee Son
Hormone Research Center, School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, South Korea
Biochem J 410:319-30. 2008..These results indicate that RXR does not interact directly with NR box-1 of ASC-2, but functions as an allosteric activator of LXR binding to NR box-2 of ASC-2...
- Conserved Glu40 and Glu433 of the biotin carboxylase domain of yeast pyruvate carboxylase I isoenzyme are essential for the association of tetramersSarawut Jitrapakdee
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:2120-34. 2007..To identify this domain we co-expressed yeast pyruvate carboxylase 1 isozyme (Pyc1) with an N-terminal myc tag, together with constructs encoding either the biotin carboxylase (BC) domain or the ..
- Differential regulation of the yeast isozymes of pyruvate carboxylase and the locus of action of acetyl CoASarawut Jitrapakdee
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:1211-23. 2007..studied to date, yeast has two genes for pyruvate carboxylase coding for very similar, but not identical, isozymes (Pyc1 and Pyc2), both of which are located in the cytoplasm...
- Pyrin-only protein 2 modulates NF-kappaB and disrupts ASC:CLR interactionsFelipe Bedoya
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Immunol 178:3837-45. 2007..Pyrin-only" proteins (POP) are attractive as negative regulators of PYD-mediated functions and one such protein, POP1, has been reported. We report the identification and initial characterization of a second POP...
- Therapeutic neutralization of the NLRP1 inflammasome reduces the innate immune response and improves histopathology after traumatic brain injuryJuan Pablo de Rivero Vaccari
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:1251-61. 2009..Here, we show that the nucleotide-binding, leucine-rich repeat pyrin domain containing protein 1 (NLRP1) inflammasome consisting of NLRP1, caspase-1, caspase-11, apoptosis-associated speck-like ..
- Three statistical approaches for genetic analysis of disease resistance to vibriosis in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.)A Kettunen
Norwegian Institute of Fisheries and Aquaculture Research, N 9291, Tromsø, Norway
J Anim Sci 85:305-13. 2007..The experimental fish were progeny of captured wild cod from populations of southern coastal cod (POP1), and northern coastal cod and northeast Arctic cod (combined as POP2 in the genetic analyses)...
- Blood vessel/epicardial substance (bves) expression, essential for embryonic development, is down regulated by Grk/EFGR signallingShengyin Lin
Institute of Cell Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Int J Dev Biol 51:37-44. 2007The Pop1/Bves (blood vessel/epicardial substance) gene is a member of the popeye gene family recently identified in various species...
- Coactivator as a target gene specificity determinant for histone H3 lysine 4 methyltransferasesSeunghee Lee
Deparment of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, and Huffington Center on Aging, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15392-7. 2006..Here, we show that mice expressing a SET domain mutant of MLL3 share phenotypes with isogenic ASC2+/- mice and that expression and H3-K4 trimethylation of RAR target gene RAR-beta2 are impaired in ASC-2-null mouse ..
- Structure and dynamics of ASC2, a pyrin domain-only protein that regulates inflammatory signalingAswin Natarajan
Department of Chemistry, City College of the City University of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
J Biol Chem 281:31863-75. 2006..Here we report the three-dimensional structure and dynamic properties of ASC2, a PYD-only protein that functions as a modulator of multidomain PYD-containing proteins involved in NF-kappaB and ..
- Functional characterization of the conserved amino acids in Pop1p, the largest common protein subunit of yeast RNases P and MRPShaohua Xiao
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
RNA 12:1023-37. 2006..In this study, we refined the previous Pop1 phylogenetic sequence alignment and found four conserved regions...
- Determining the 3D structure of human ASC2 protein involved in apoptosis and inflammationFabiola Espejo
Fundación Instituto de Inmunologia de Colombia FIDIC Cra 50 N 26 00 Bogotá, Colombia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:860-4. 2006b>ASC2 structure has been well defined by 1141 NOE experimental restraints. The model consists of five alpha helices. alpha-Helices are connected by short random structure loops...
- Yarrowia lipolytica mutants devoid of pyruvate carboxylase activity show an unusual growth phenotypeCarmen Lisset Flores
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols, CSIC Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Eukaryot Cell 4:356-64. 2005We have cloned and characterized the gene PYC1, encoding the unique pyruvate carboxylase in the dimorphic yeast Yarrowia lipolytica...
- Using ancestral sequences to uncover potential gene homologuesLesley J Collins
Allan Wilson Centre for Molecular Ecology and Evolution, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Appl Bioinformatics 2:S85-95. 2003..RNase P proteins (Pop4, Pop1, Pop5 and Rpp21) have been reported in humans and at least two other eukaryotic species but have yet to be ..
- Gene and enhancer trap tagging of vascular-expressed genes in poplar treesAndrew Groover
Institute of Forest Genetics, Pacific Southwest Research Station, USDA Forest Service, Davis, California 95616, USA
Plant Physiol 134:1742-51. 2004..for five genes of interest, including a new class of vascular-expressed gene tagged by enhancer trap line cET-1-pop1-145...
- Christian Stehlik; Fiscal Year: 2016..In vitro studies show that POP1 interacts with the PYD of ASC and thereby disrupts the essential PYD-PYD interaction necessary for inflammasome ..
- Viral PYRIN-only proteins as suppressors of the host immune responseChristian Stehlik; Fiscal Year: 2007..We recently characterized a cellular PYRIN-only protein (POP1) that functions as a dominant negative regulator of the PYRIN domain signal transduction pathway...