Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PTX3
Description: pentraxin 3
Alias: TNFAIP5, TSG-14, pentraxin-related protein PTX3, TNF alpha-induced protein 5, long pentraxin 3, tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced protein 5, tumor necrosis factor-inducible gene 14 protein, tumor necrosis factor-inducible protein TSG-14
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- TSG-14, a tumor necrosis factor- and IL-1-inducible protein, is a novel member of the pentaxin family of acute phase proteinsG W Lee
Department of Microbiology, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016
J Immunol 150:1804-12. 1993..Our data strongly suggest that TSG-14 is a novel member of the pentaxin family of acute phase proteins...
- Long pentraxin 3 in pulmonary infection and acute lung injuryXiaolin He
Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratory, University Health Network Toronto General Research Institute, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L1039-49. 2007b>Long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a newly discovered acute phase protein produced at the sites of infection and inflammation by tissue cells, macrophages, monocytes, and dendritic cells...
- Synergy between ficolin-2 and pentraxin 3 boosts innate immune recognition and complement depositionYing Jie Ma
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Department of Clinical Immunology, Section 7631, Rigshospitalet, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen 2100, Denmark
J Biol Chem 284:28263-75. 2009The long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a multifunctional soluble pattern recognition molecule that is crucial in innate immune protection against opportunistic fungal pathogens such as Aspergillus fumigatus...
- The angiogenic inhibitor long pentraxin PTX3 forms an asymmetric octamer with two binding sites for FGF2Antonio Inforzato
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:17681-92. 2010The inflammation-associated long pentraxin PTX3 plays key roles in innate immunity, female fertility, and vascular biology (e.g. it inhibits FGF2 (fibroblast growth factor 2)-mediated angiogenesis)...
- Production of the long pentraxin PTX3 in advanced atherosclerotic plaquesMichael S Rolph
Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, New South Wales, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:e10-4. 2002..The long pentraxin family member, pentraxin 3 (PTX3), was recently described...
- Associations of pentraxin 3 with cardiovascular disease and all-cause death: the Cardiovascular Health StudyNancy Swords Jenny
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:594-9. 2009We examined associations of pentraxin 3 (PTX3), a vascular inflammation marker, with incident cardiovascular disease (CVD) and all-cause death.
- Soluble TWEAK and PTX3 in nondialysis CKD patients: impact on endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular outcomesMahmut Ilker Yilmaz
Department of Nephrology, Gu lhane School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:785-92. 2011..Soluble TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis (sTWEAK) and long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) are predictors of mortality in dialysis patients and determinants of endothelial dysfunction...
- The long pentraxin PTX3 as a correlate of cancer-related inflammation and prognosis of malignancy in gliomasMarco Locatelli
Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 260:99-106. 2013Inflammation is a component of glioma microenvironment. PTX3 is a component of the humoral arm of innate immunity and a candidate marker of inflammation...
- Genetic variation in pentraxin (PTX) 3 gene associates with PTX3 production and fertility in womenLinda May
Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 82:299-304. 2010Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) plays an important role in innate immune responses and in female fertility, as discovered with studies in mice. However, the role of PTX3 in human fertility is unknown...
- The soluble pattern recognition receptor pentraxin-3 in innate immunity, inflammation and fertilityCecilia Garlanda
Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Rozzano, Italy
J Reprod Immunol 83:128-33. 2009..They play key roles as effectors and modulators of innate resistance and inflammation. The long pentraxin PTX3 represents a prototype humoral effector molecule...
- Increased serum pentraxin 3 in patients with systemic sclerosisYohei Iwata
Department of Dermatology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
J Rheumatol 36:976-83. 2009To determine serum concentrations of pentraxin 3 (PTX3) and its clinical associations in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc).
- Establishment of a high sensitivity plasma assay for human pentraxin3 as a marker for unstable angina pectorisKenji Inoue
Laboratory for Systems Biology and Medicine, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo, 153 8904, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:161-7. 2007Plasma pentraxin 3 (PTX3) levels are increased in patients with acute myocardial infarction, yet its involvement in unstable angina pectoris (UAP) remains unclear...
- Determination of physiological plasma pentraxin 3 (PTX3) levels in healthy populationsKazumi Yamasaki
Narao Hospital, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Chem Lab Med 47:471-7. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the distribution of pentraxin 3 (PTX3) values in healthy subjects and to characterize its relationship with gender, age, body mass index (BMI), lipid profile, and blood sugar levels.
- Long pentraxin PTX3 deficiency worsens LPS-induced acute lung injuryBing Han
Latner Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratories, Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Intensive Care Med 37:334-42. 2011Long pentraxin PTX3 is an inflammatory mediator and a component of the humoral arm of innate immunity...
- Long pentraxin-3 as an epithelial-stromal fibroblast growth factor-targeting inhibitor in prostate cancerRoberto Ronca
Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Pathol 230:228-38. 2013..The soluble pattern recognition receptor long pentraxin-3 (PTX3) acts as a natural FGF antagonist that binds FGF2 and FGF8b via its N-terminal domain...
- Novel links between the long pentraxin 3, endothelial dysfunction, and albuminuria in early and advanced chronic kidney diseaseMohamed E Suliman
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention, and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Divisions of Renal Medicine and Baxter Novum, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:976-85. 2008..Albuminuria and inflammation predict cardiovascular events. Pentraxin 3, an inflammatory mediator produced by, among others, endothelial cells, may have a role in atherogenesis...
- Inflammation and thrombosis in essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera: different role of C-reactive protein and pentraxin 3Tiziano Barbui
Hematology Department, Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi 1, 24128 Bergamo, Italy
Haematologica 96:315-8. 2011....
- Early and transient release of leukocyte pentraxin 3 during acute myocardial infarctionNorma Maugeri
Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele and Università Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan 20132, Italy
J Immunol 187:970-9. 2011Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) plays cardioprotective and anti-atherogenic roles in murine models. PTX3 blood levels raise during early acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- PTX3, A prototypical long pentraxin, is an early indicator of acute myocardial infarction in humansG Peri
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Circulation 102:636-41. 2000Inflammation is an important component of ischemic heart disease. PTX3 is a long pentraxin whose expression is induced by cytokines in endothelial cells, mononuclear phagocytes, and myocardium...
- PTX3 interacts with inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor: implications for hyaluronan organization and cumulus oophorus expansionLaura Scarchilli
Department of Public Health and Cell Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome
J Biol Chem 282:30161-70. 2007Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) and heavy chains (HCs) of inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor (IalphaI) are essential for hyaluronan (HA) organization within the extracellular matrix of the cumulus oophorus, which is critical for in vivo oocyte ..
- Pentraxins in innate immunity: lessons from PTX3Livija Deban
Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Via Manzoni 113, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Cell Tissue Res 343:237-49. 2011..The long pentraxin PTX3 is produced by innate immunity cells (e.g...
- Pentraxin-3 is a novel biomarker of lung carcinomaEleftherios P Diamandis
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 17:2395-9. 2011Our objective was to validate the performance of three new candidate lung cancer biomarkers, pentraxin-3 (PTX3), human kallikrein 11 (KLK11), and progranulin.
- Complexity and complementarity of outer membrane protein A recognition by cellular and humoral innate immunity receptorsPascale Jeannin
Centre d Immunologie Pierre Fabre, 5 Avenue Napoleon III, 74164 Saint Julien en Genevois, France
Immunity 22:551-60. 2005..The TLR2-activated functional program includes production of the long pentraxin PTX3, a soluble pattern recognition receptor involved in resistance against diverse pathogens...
- Pentraxin 3 inhibits fibroblast growth factor 2-dependent activation of smooth muscle cells in vitro and neointima formation in vivoMaura Camozzi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1837-42. 2005..Long-pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a soluble pattern recognition receptor with non-redundant functions in inflammation and innate immunity...
- Structure and function of the long pentraxin PTX3 glycosidic moiety: fine-tuning of the interaction with C1q and complement activationAntonio Inforzato
Department of Biology, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Biochemistry 45:11540-51. 2006The prototypic long pentraxin PTX3 is a unique fluid-phase pattern recognition receptor that plays a nonredundant role in innate immunity and female fertility...
- DC-SIGN (CD209), pentraxin 3 and vitamin D receptor gene variants associate with pulmonary tuberculosis risk in West AfricansR Olesen
MRC Laboratories, Banjul, The Gambia
Genes Immun 8:456-67. 2007We investigated the role of DC-SIGN (CD209), long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) and vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) in 321 TB cases and 347 healthy controls from ..
- Complement dependent amplification of the innate response to a cognate microbial ligand by the long pentraxin PTX3Alessia Cotena
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano Milan, Italy
J Immunol 179:6311-7. 2007The long pentraxin PTX3 is a fluid-phase pattern recognition receptor, which plays a nonredundant role in resistance against selected pathogens...
- Antiviral activity of the long chain pentraxin PTX3 against influenza virusesPatrick C Reading
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 180:3391-8. 2008..In this study, we identify the long pentraxin PTX3 as a potent innate inhibitor of influenza viruses both in vitro and in vivo...
- Binding of the long pentraxin PTX3 to factor H: interacting domains and function in the regulation of complement activationLivija Deban
Laboratory for Immunology and Inflammation, Instituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Italy
J Immunol 181:8433-40. 2008The long pentraxin PTX3 is a multifunctional soluble molecule involved in inflammation and innate immunity...
- M-ficolin interacts with the long pentraxin PTX3: a novel case of cross-talk between soluble pattern-recognition moleculesEvelyne Gout
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel, 38027 Grenoble, France
J Immunol 186:5815-22. 2011..The interaction of M-ficolin with the long pentraxin pentraxin 3 (PTX3) has been characterized using surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy and electron microscopy...
- Associations of plasma pentraxin 3 and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 concentrations with cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney diseaseKeiko Nishi
Division of Circulatory and Body Fluid Regulation, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Ren Fail 33:398-404. 2011Both pentraxin 3 (PTX3) and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) are mediators of inflammation...
- High plasma level of long Pentraxin 3 is associated with insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndromeAydogan Aydogdu
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Endocrinol 28:722-5. 2012..Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is an inflammatory mediator synthesized in a variety of cells and tissues including heart, vascular endothelial ..
- Plasma pentraxin-3 levels are associated with coronary plaque vulnerability and are decreased by statinAtsushi Iwata
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Coron Artery Dis 23:315-21. 2012Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a novel candidate immunoinflammatory marker that has been reported to be associated with cardiometabolic risk factors and to predict adverse outcomes in patients with coronary artery disease...
- Elevated maternal levels of the long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) in preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restrictionIrene Cetin
Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1347-53. 2006..We investigated pentraxin 3 levels in preeclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction, pregnancy conditions related to altered placentation...
- Selective induction of pentraxin 3, a soluble innate immune pattern recognition receptor, in infectious episodes in patients with haematological malignancyBasel K al-Ramadi
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Clin Immunol 112:221-4. 2004..P component, collectively known as the classical short pentraxins, and the more recently discovered pentraxin 3 (PTX3), a member of the closely related subfamily of the long pentraxins...
- Innate responses to Aspergillus: role of C1q and pentraxin 3 in nasal polyposisParamita Baruah
Cancer Immunotherapy and Gene Therapy Program, Clinical Immunology Unit, H San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, Milano, Italy
Am J Rhinol 21:224-30. 2007Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) and complement component C1q are humoral factors of innate immunity, produced at sites of inflammation, and are essential in immune defense against several microbes such as Aspergillus, which is commonly implicated in ..
- Systemic sclerosis-endothelial cell antiangiogenic pentraxin 3 and matrix metalloprotease 12 control human breast cancer tumor vascularization and development in miceFrancesca Margheri
Department of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, 50134 Florence, Italy
Neoplasia 11:1106-15. 2009We have previously shown that endothelial cell matrix metalloprotease 12 (MMP12) and pentraxin 3 (PTX3) overproduction is the main alteration accounting for reduced proneness to angiogenesis in systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- Interleukin-1-inducible genes in endothelial cells. Cloning of a new gene related to C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P componentF Breviario
Istituto Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 267:22190-7. 1992..endothelial cells exposed for 1 h to interleukin-1 beta (IL-1 beta) has led to the identification of a novel gene (PTX3) related to pentaxins (C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P component in man), a subclass of acute phase proteins...
- A novel secretory tumor necrosis factor-inducible protein (TSG-6) is a member of the family of hyaluronate binding proteins, closely related to the adhesion receptor CD44T H Lee
Department of Microbiology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016
J Cell Biol 116:545-57. 1992....
- Inducible expression of PTX3, a new member of the pentraxin family, in human mononuclear phagocytesV V Alles
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche, Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Blood 84:3483-93. 1994..b>PTX3 was recently cloned as an interleukin-1 (IL-1)-inducible gene in endothelial cells, with structural similarities to ..
- Expression of a long pentraxin, PTX3, by monocytes exposed to the mycobacterial cell wall component lipoarabinomannanV Vouret-Craviari
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Infect Immun 65:1345-50. 1997b>PTX3 is a prototypic long pentraxin composed of a C-terminal domain similar to those of classical pentraxins (e.g., C reactive protein) and an unrelated N-terminal portion...
- PTX3 in small-vessel vasculitides: an independent indicator of disease activity produced at sites of inflammationF Fazzini
Istituto Scientifico H San Raffaele and Università, Milan, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 44:2841-50. 2001To verify whether the prototypical long pentraxin PTX3 represents an indicator of the activity of small-vessel vasculitis.
- Long pentraxin PTX3 upregulates tissue factor expression in human endothelial cells: a novel link between vascular inflammation and clotting activationEmanuela Napoleone
Antonio Taticchi Unit for Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis, Department of Vascular Medicine and Pharmacology, Istituto Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, S Maria Imbaro, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:782-7. 2002Inflammation is a major contributing factor to atherosclerotic plaque development and ischemic heart disease. PTX3 is a long pentraxin that was recently found to be increased in patients with acute myocardial infarction...
- The long pentraxin PTX3 is synthesized in IgA glomerulonephritis and activates mesangial cellsBenedetta Bussolati
Cattedra di Nefrologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Università di Torino and Ospedale S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Immunol 170:1466-72. 2003The long pentraxin PTX3 has been recently involved in amplification of the inflammatory reactions and regulation of innate immunity. In the present study we evaluated the expression and role of PTX3 in glomerular inflammation...
- Characterization of the long pentraxin PTX3 as a TNFalpha-induced secreted protein of adipose cellsAnissa Abderrahim-Ferkoune
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, Centre de Biochimie, UMR 6543 CNRS, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice Cedex 2, France
J Lipid Res 44:994-1000. 2003..are regulated by fatty acids in preadipocytes, we performed a substractive hybridization screening and identified PTX3, a protein of the pentraxin family...
- Pentraxin 3, a non-redundant soluble pattern recognition receptor involved in innate immunityAlberto Mantovani
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Vaccine 21:S43-7. 2003Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is the first long pentraxin identified...
- Production of the soluble pattern recognition receptor PTX3 by myeloid, but not plasmacytoid, dendritic cellsAndrea Doni
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
Eur J Immunol 33:2886-93. 2003b>PTX3 is a prototypic of long pentraxin consisting of an N-terminal portion coupled to a C-terminal pentraxin domain, the latter related to short pentraxins (C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P component)...
- Differential expression of pentraxin 3 in fibroblasts from patients with major depressionRichard C Shelton
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37211, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:126-32. 2004..included an overexpressed 269 bp sequence tag showing approximately 95% identity with the Homo sapiens long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) gene sequence in the 3' noncoding region. The 269 bp complimentary DNA probe hybridized with the 1...
- Modified atherogenic lipoproteins induce expression of pentraxin-3 by human vascular smooth muscle cellsMariam Klouche
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 175:221-8. 2004..Recently, the acute-phase protein pentraxin-3 (PTX3), which has C-terminal sequence homology with the classic pentraxin C-reactive protein (CRP), was described to be ..
- The pattern recognition receptor PTX3 is recruited at the synapse between dying and dendritic cells, and edits the cross-presentation of self, viral, and tumor antigensParamita Baruah
Cancer Immunotherapy and Gene Therapy Program, H San Raffaele Institute, Milan, Italy
Blood 107:151-8. 2006..Here we show that the prototypic long pentraxin PTX3 is specifically recruited at both sides of the phagocytic synapse between dendritic cells (DCs) and dying cells and ..
- TNFalpha-induced long pentraxin PTX3 expression in human lung epithelial cells via JNKBing Han
Thoracic Surgery Research Laboratory, University Health Network Toronto General Research Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 175:8303-11. 2005b>Long pentraxin 3 (PTX3), an acute-phase protein, is a newly clarified mediator for innate immunity and inflammation. As a soluble pattern recognition receptor, it has a nonredundant role in antifungal infection...
- The tissue pentraxin PTX3 limits C1q-mediated complement activation and phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by dendritic cellsParamita Baruah
Clinical Immunology Unit, H San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, Milano 20132, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 80:87-95. 2006..The prototypic long PTX, PTX3, and the first component of the classical complement pathway, C1q, are innate opsonins involved in the disposal of ..
- Long pentraxin 3: a marker of inflammation in untreated psoriatic patientsValentina Bevelacqua
Dermathology Unit, AORNAS, Garibaldi Hospital, Catania, Italy
Int J Mol Med 18:415-23. 2006..and their relationship with inflammatory markers, such as CRP and fibrinogen we have investigated the role of PTX3 in psoriasis...
- Pentraxin 3 is elevated in haemodialysis patients and is associated with cardiovascular diseaseMichael Boehme
Department of Nephrology and Intensive Care Medicine, Charite, Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2224-9. 2007..While elevation of C-reactive protein (CRP) in patients with renal failure and its association with cardiovascular disease is well described, there are no data on pentraxin 3 (PTX3) in this population.
- Pentraxin 3 and C-reactive protein in severe meningococcal diseaseTom Sprong
Department of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Shock 31:28-32. 2009The long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is an important element of the innate immune system and has potential as a diagnostic tool in inflammatory conditions...
- Cell-specific regulation of PTX3 by glucocorticoid hormones in hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic cellsAndrea Doni
Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Istituto Di Ricerca Cura a Caratte Re Scientifico, Department of Immunology and Inflammation, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 283:29983-92. 2008PTX3 (prototypic long pentraxin 3) is a fluid phase pattern recognition receptor, which plays nonredundant roles in the resistance against diverse pathogens, in the assembly of a hyaluronic acid-rich extracellular matrix, and in female ..
- Endogenous PTX3 translocates at the membrane of late apoptotic human neutrophils and is involved in their engulfment by macrophagesS Jaillon
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U564, Angers, France
Cell Death Differ 16:465-74. 2009..Neutrophils constitutively express the prototypic long pentraxin PTX3 that binds to apoptotic cells and modulates their clearance...
- Effect of renin angiotensin system blockade on pentraxin 3 levels in type-2 diabetic patients with proteinuriaMahmut Ilker Yilmaz
Department of Nephrology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik Ankara, Turkey
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:535-41. 2009b>Long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a multimeric inflammatory mediator. Increased serum PTX3 levels have been reported among end-stage renal disease patients...
- Coregulation in human leukocytes of the long pentraxin PTX3 and TSG-6Virginia Maina
Research Laboratory in Immunology and Inflammation, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 86:123-32. 2009The prototypic long PTX3 is a multifunctional protein involved in innate resistance to pathogens and in controlling inflammation...
- Pentraxin 3 in amniotic fluid: a novel association with intra-amniotic infection and inflammationLaura Cruciani
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Perinat Med 38:161-71. 2010Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a soluble pattern recognition receptor (PRR) that has an important role in immunoregulation and vascular integrity...
- Pentraxin 3 in maternal circulation: an association with preterm labor and preterm PROM, but not with intra-amniotic infection/inflammationLaura Cruciani
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:1097-105. 2010Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is an acute-phase protein that has an important role in the regulation of the innate immune response...
- Is pentraxin 3 involved in obesity-induced decrease in arterial distensibility?Asako Miyaki
Division of Sports Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 17:278-84. 2010..Pentraxin 3 (PTX3), a recently identified member of the pentraxin family of proteins, is produced in areas of atherosclerosis...
- PTX3 expression in the heart tissues of patients with myocardial infarction and infectious myocarditisManuela Nebuloni
Pathology Unit, L Sacco Department of Clinical Sciences, L Sacco Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Cardiovasc Pathol 20:e27-35. 2011The long pentraxin 3 is involved in innate resistance to pathogens, controlling inflammation and extracellular matrix remodeling...
- Increased levels of serum pentraxin 3, a novel cardiovascular biomarker, in patients with inflammatory rheumatic diseaseIvana Hollan
Feiring Heart Clinic, Feiring, and Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Lillehammer, Norway
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:378-85. 2010Pentraxin 3 (PTX3), a key component of innate immunity, is a strong marker of disease severity in coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- PTX3 genetic variations affect the risk of Pseudomonas aeruginosa airway colonization in cystic fibrosis patientsM Chiarini
Clinica Pediatrica, Istituto di Medicina Molecolare Angelo Nocivelli, Universita di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Genes Immun 11:665-70. 2010..Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a gene that encodes the antimicrobial protein, PTX3, which is believed to have an important role in innate ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid pentraxin 3 early after subarachnoid hemorrhage is associated with vasospasmElisa R Zanier
Department of Neuroscience, Laboratory of Inflammation and Nervous System Diseases, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, via Giuseppe La Masa, 19, 20156 Milan, Italy
Intensive Care Med 37:302-9. 2011To investigate plasma and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) concentrations of pentraxin 3 (PTX3), a prototypic long pentraxin protein induced by proinflammatory signals, in subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), and its relation with SAH-associated ..
- Heterocomplexes of mannose-binding lectin and the pentraxins PTX3 or serum amyloid P component trigger cross-activation of the complement systemYing Jie Ma
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Department of Clinical Immunology, Sect 7631, Rigshospitalet, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 286:3405-17. 2011The long pentraxin 3 (PTX3), serum amyloid P component (SAP), and C-reactive protein belong to the pentraxin family of pattern recognition molecules involved in tissue homeostasis and innate immunity...
- The long pentraxin PTX3 at the crossroads between innate immunity and tissue remodellingA Inforzato
Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, 20089 Rozzano, Italy
Tissue Antigens 77:271-82. 2011..Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is the prototypic member of the long pentraxins subfamily...
- High plasma level of long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is associated with fatal disease in bacteremic patients: a prospective cohort studyReetta Huttunen
Department of Internal Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e17653. 2011b>Long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is an acute-phase protein secreted by various cells, including leukocytes and endothelial cells. Like C-reactive protein (CRP), it belongs to the pentraxin superfamily...
- Long pentraxin 3 (PTX3) expression and release by neutrophils in vitro and in ulcerative colitisAlexander S Savchenko
Department of Cellular Function, Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Chuou ku, Niigata, Japan
Pathol Int 61:290-7. 2011Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is the first identified long pentraxin, and it is rapidly produced and released by several cell types in response to proinflammatory signals...
- Pathogen recognition by the long pentraxin PTX3Federica Moalli
Department of Immunology and Inflammation, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Via Manzoni 113, 20089 Rozzano, Italy
J Biomed Biotechnol 2011:830421. 2011..The long pentraxin PTX3 is a prototypic soluble PRM that is produced at sites of infection and inflammation by both somatic and immune ..
- High pentraxin 3 level predicts septic shock and bacteremia at the onset of febrile neutropenia after intensive chemotherapy of hematologic patientsMatti Vänskä
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Haematologica 96:1385-9. 2011..High level of pentraxin 3 predicts septic shock and bacteremia already at the onset of febrile neutropenia. (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00781040.)...
- Plasma PTX3 protein levels inversely correlate with insulin secretion and obesity, whereas visceral adipose tissue PTX3 gene expression is increased in obesityO Osorio-Conles
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Barcelona, Diagonal, 645, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E1254-61. 2011Plasma acutephase protein pentraxin 3 (PTX3) concentration is dysregulated in human obesity and metabolic syndrome...
- Pentraxins in humoral innate immunityAntonio Inforzato
Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Via Manzoni 113, 20089 Rozzano, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 946:1-20. 2012..The long pentraxin PTX3 is a prototypic soluble PRM that is produced at sites of infection and inflammation by both somatic and immune ..
- Number of endothelial progenitor cells in peripheral artery disease as a marker of severity and association with pentraxin-3, malondialdehyde-modified low-density lipoprotein and membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinaseTetsuji Morishita
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Fukui Hospital, Matsuoka, Fukui, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 19:149-58. 2012..Despite the occurrence of endothelial dysfunction in peripheral artery disease (PAD), few data are available on EPC mobilization in this setting...
- Pentraxin 3: a novel and independent prognostic marker in ischemic strokeWi Sun Ryu
Department of Neurology, Seoul National University Hospital, Jongno gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 220:581-6. 2012Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is one of the pattern-recognition receptors related to the initial step of the immune response with C-reactive protein, but the physiologic and pathologic functions are not fully understood...
- Serum Fetuin-A and Pentraxin3 in hemodialysis and renal transplant patientsHassan Argani
Drug Applied Research Center, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Clin Biochem 45:775-9. 2012The aim of the present study was to evaluate of Fetuin-A and Pentraxin3 (PTX3) as the main factors for vascular calcification and inflammation in hemodialysis (HD) and renal transplant (RT) patients.
- The association between pentraxin 3 and insulin resistance in obese children at baseline and after physical activity interventionSang Hui Chu
Department of Clinical Nursing Science, Yonsei University College of Nursing, Nursing Policy and Research Institute, Biobehavioral Research Center, Seoul, Korea
Clin Chim Acta 413:1430-7. 2012The role of pentraxin-3 (PTX3) in the development of insulin resistance is still not clear...
- Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is associated with severe sepsis and fatal disease in emergency room patients with suspected infection: a prospective cohort studyRaija Uusitalo-Seppälä
Department of Infectious Diseases, Satakunta Central Hospital, Pori, Finland
PLoS ONE 8:e53661. 2013Early diagnostic and prognostic stratification of patients with suspected infection is a difficult clinical challenge. We studied plasma pentraxin 3 (PTX3) upon admission to the emergency department in patients with suspected infection.
- Serum amyloid P is a sialylated glycoprotein inhibitor of influenza A virusesEmma R Job
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e59623. 2013Members of the pentraxin family, including PTX3 and serum amyloid P component (SAP), have been reported to play a role in innate host defence against a range of microbial pathogens, yet little is known regarding their antiviral activities...
- Pentraxin 3 is a marker of early joint inflammation in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritisShai Padeh
Department of Pediatrics A, Edmond and Lily Safra Children s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Immunol Res 56:444-50. 2013Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is an acute phase protein produced in different body tissues...
- The role of pentraxin 3 as diagnostic value in classification of patients with heart failureSermin Duran
Umraniye Education and Research Hospital, Medical Biochemistry Laboratory, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Biochem 46:983-7. 2013Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a new inflammatory marker that is the prototype of the long pentraxin group, while C-reactive protein (CRP) is the short pentraxin group...
- Association of plasma pentraxin 3 with arterial stiffness in overweight and obese individualsAsako Miyaki
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Am J Hypertens 26:1250-5. 2013..The degree of arterial stiffness in obese individuals is greater than that in normal-weight subjects. Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is mainly produced by vascular tissues and exerts a cardioprotective effect...
- Prototypic long pentraxin PTX3 is present in breast milk, spreads in tissues, and protects neonate mice from Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infectionSebastien Jaillon
L Université Nantes Angers Le Mans, Universite d Angers, 49000 Angers, France
J Immunol 191:1873-82. 2013..Pentraxin 3 (PTX3), the prototypic long pentraxin, is a soluble pattern recognition receptor involved in the initiation of protective ..
- The humoral pattern recognition molecule PTX3 is a key component of innate immunity against urinary tract infectionSebastien Jaillon
Humanitas Clinical Research Center, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano Milano, Italy Electronic address
Immunity 40:621-32. 2014..We investigated the role of the soluble pattern recognition molecule pentraxin 3 (PTX3), a key component of the humoral arm of innate immunity, in UTIs...
- Multimer formation and ligand recognition by the long pentraxin PTX3. Similarities and differences with the short pentraxins C-reactive protein and serum amyloid P componentB Bottazzi
From the Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 272:32817-23. 1997b>PTX3 is a prototypic long pentraxin consisting of a C-terminal 203-amino acid pentraxin-like domain coupled with an N-terminal 178-amino acid unrelated portion...
- Interferon-gamma inhibits expression of the long pentraxin PTX3 in human monocytesN Polentarutti
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Eur J Immunol 28:496-501. 1998b>PTX3 is a prototypic long pentraxin expressed by various cell types, most prominently monocytes and endothelial cells, in response to interleukin-1 (IL-1), tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and bacterial products...
- Biochemical and functional characterization of the interaction between pentraxin 3 and C1qAlma J Nauta
Department of Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 33:465-73. 2003Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a recently characterized member of the pentraxin family of acute-phase proteins produced during inflammation...
- Identification of an antiangiogenic FGF2-binding site in the N terminus of the soluble pattern recognition receptor PTX3Maura Camozzi
Unit of General Pathology and Immunology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:22605-13. 2006Long-pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a soluble pattern recognition receptor with non-redundant functions in inflammation and innate immunity...
- Pentraxin 3 in amniotic fluid as a marker of intra-amniotic inflammation in women with preterm premature rupture of membranesMarian Kacerovsky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charles University, Medical School and University, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 108:203-6. 2010To determine whether amniotic fluid levels of pentraxin 3 (PTX3) are of value in the prenatal diagnosis of acute histological chorioamnionitis in preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM).
- Uric acid and pentraxin-3 levels are independently associated with coronary artery disease risk in patients with stage 2 and 3 kidney diseaseMehmet Kanbay
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Fatih University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Nephrol 33:325-31. 2011....
- Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is associated with cardiovascular risk factors: the Health 2000 SurveyJ Jylhävä
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical School, University of Tampere, Finland
Clin Exp Immunol 164:211-7. 2011Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a novel candidate immunoinflammatory marker that has been reported to be associated with cardiometabolic risk factors and to predict adverse outcomes in individuals with cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Long pentraxin 3/tumor necrosis factor-stimulated gene-6 interaction: a biological rheostat for fibroblast growth factor 2-mediated angiogenesisDaria Leali
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:696-703. 2012..is a major proangiogenic inducer inhibited by the interaction with the soluble pattern recognition receptor long pentraxin 3 (PTX3)...
- Different distribution of pentraxin 3 and C-reactive protein in coronary atherosclerotic plaquesYunosuke Matsuura
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 19:837-45. 2012To understand the differences between histopathological characteristics related to PTX3 (pentraxin 3) and CRP (C-reactive protein) in coronary atherosclerotic plaques.
- Variation in PTX3 is associated with primary graft dysfunction after lung transplantationJoshua M Diamond
Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce St, 8 West Gates, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 186:546-52. 2012Elevated long pentraxin-3 (PTX3) levels are associated with the development of primary graft dysfunction (PGD) after lung transplantation. Abnormalities in innate immunity, mediated by PTX3 release, may play a role in PGD pathogenesis.
- Long pentraxin 3: experimental and clinical relevance in cardiovascular diseasesFabrizia Bonacina
Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20133 Milan, Italy
Mediators Inflamm 2013:725102. 2013Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is an essential component of the humoral arm of innate immunity and belongs, together with the C-reactive protein (CRP) and other acute phase proteins, to the pentraxins' superfamily: soluble, multifunctional, pattern ..
- The long pentraxin 3 in cardiac surgery: distinct responses in "on-pump" and "off-pump" patientsPavel Kunes
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Charles University in Prague, University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
Scand Cardiovasc J 41:171-9. 2007Pentraxin 3 (PTX3) is a newly identified acute phase reactant with non-redundant functions in innate immunity...
- Human herpesvirus 8-derived viral IL-6 induces PTX3 expression in Kaposi's sarcoma cellsMariam Klouche
Institute of Clinical Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Robert Bosch Hospital and Robert Bosch Society for Medical Research, Stuttgart, Germany
AIDS 16:F9-18. 2002..To analyse if human herpesvirus 8 (HHV8)-derived viral interleukin-6 (vIL-6) has the capacity to activate Kaposi's sarcoma (KS) cells to elicit a local acute-phase response...
- Promoter structure and transcriptional activation of the murine TSG-14 gene encoding a tumor necrosis factor/interleukin-1-inducible pentraxin proteinA Altmeyer
Department of Microbiology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 270:25584-90. 1995....
- Pattern recognition by pentraxinsAlok Agrawal
Department of Pharmacology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, Tennessee 37614, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 653:98-116. 2009..The prototype protein of the long pentraxin group is pentraxin 3 (PTX3)...
- High-level expression and efficient purification of recombinant human long pentraxin PTX3 in Chinese hamster ovary cellsVincenzo Rivieccio
TECNOGEN SCpA, Località La Fagianeria I 81015 Piana di Monteverna CE, Italy
Protein Expr Purif 51:49-58. 2007b>PTX3 is a secreted multimeric glycoprotein which plays a key role in innate immunity by activating the classical complement pathway through specific recognition of the C1q subunit...
- Domains of Inflammation and Risk of DementiaAnnette L Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Assessment of these biomarkers to predict risk of dementia prior to cognitive symptoms emerging will increase ability to develop strategies of prevention and early detection. ..
- James T Handa; Fiscal Year: 2015..Define i) the origin of CFH that regulates complement activation in the RPE, and ii) the regulatory role of PTX3 on CFH within Bruch's membrane;3...
- Anti-angiogenesis of HC-HA Covalent Complex and PTX3 Purified from Fetal MembraneScheffer C G Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2011..evidence supporting that HC"HA purified from the CH is 25 fold more potent than that purified from the AM and that PTX3 from the CH may enhance the HC"HA's suppression of vascular endothelial proliferation...
- LH ACTION IN OVARIAN CELL DIFFERENTIATIONJoAnne S Richards; Fiscal Year: 2013..the expression of specific genes: the EGF-like factors (Areg, Ereg, Btc), matrix factors (Has2, Ptgs2, Tnfaip6, Ptx3) and cytokines (Il6)...
- Regulation of Key Processes in Oocyte BiologyMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..Compromised fertility in knockout models lacking these oocyte-specific genes would demonstrate that these proteins are potential contraceptive targets and possibly mutated in infertile women. ..
- EX VIVO EXPANSION OF RPE CELLS FOR TRANSPLANTATIONScheffer Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2005..Success in accomplishing these goals will allow us to engineer this new tissue-based "Biologies" to restore sights in patients suffering ARMD or other retinal diseases in which RPE is dysfunctional. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF SUTURELESS AMNIOTIC MEMBRANE GRAFTScheffer Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together, we may further promote our business development by expanding the market potential using Prokera(tm) for suture-less AMT. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANTI-SCARRING AND ANTI-INFLAMMATORY EFFECTS OF AMNIOTIC MEMBRANE EXTRACTSScheffer Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSPLANTATION OF EXPANDED LIMBAL EPITHELIAL STEM CELLSScheffer Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Post-transcriptional gene regulation in the ovaryLane Christenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Vivo Trapping of Genes Involved in OvulationLane Christenson; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will for the first time determine the mechanism and cell signaling pathways by which the Cebpb transcription factor promotes ovulation. ..
- Signal Transduction in DepressionRichard Shelton; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may shed light on important cellular mediators of depression and provide new targets for amelioration. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- KALLIKREINS AS DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS OF OVARIAN CARCINOMAEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY OF DEPRESSIONRichard Shelton; Fiscal Year: 2003..Develop further expertise in basic molecular biological methods; 2. Develop new projects oriented to future funding opportunities; and 3. Continue to mentor the next generation of investigators. ..
- Human Kallikrein 4 (hK4): A New Prostatic Biomarker?Eleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, our research will contribute to the development of new prostatic biomarkers and possibly, to better diagnosis which may lead to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. ..