Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSMD2
Description: proteasome 26S subunit, non-ATPase 2
Alias: P97, RPN1, TRAP2, 26S proteasome non-ATPase regulatory subunit 2, 55.11 protein, TNFR-associated protein 2, proteasome (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, non-ATPase, 2, protein 55.11, tumor necrosis factor type 1 receptor-associated protein 2
Publications293 found, 100 shown here
- The UBX protein SAKS1 negatively regulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation and p97-dependent degradationDavid P LaLonde
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Weill Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 286:4892-901. 2011..The ATPase p97 acts as an essential component of this process by providing the force needed for retrotranslocation and by serving ..
- A survey of iodine intake and thyroid volume in Dutch schoolchildren: reference values in an iodine-sufficient area and the effect of pubertyW M Wiersinga
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 144:595-603. 2001..Iodine deficiency and endemic goiter have been reported in the past in The Netherlands, especially in the southeast...
- A new translational regulator with homology to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4GH Imataka
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
EMBO J 16:817-25. 1997..Here, we describe a new eukaryotic translational regulator (hereafter called p97) which exhibits 28% identity to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G...
- Role of 26S proteasome and HRD genes in the degradation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA reductase, an integral endoplasmic reticulum membrane proteinR Y Hampton
Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0116, USA
Mol Biol Cell 7:2029-44. 1996..The sequence of the HRD2 gene is homologous to the p97 activator of the 26S proteasome...
- Nuclear proto-oncogene products transactivate the human papillomavirus type 16 promoterW Nürnberg
Universitatsklinikum Rudolf Virchow, Hautklinik, Freie Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Br J Cancer 71:1018-24. 1995..study, we determined the trans-activating properties of nuclear proto-oncogene proteins c-Fos, c-Jun and c-Myc on P97 enhancer/promoter activity of HPV16...
- Domains of the growth hormone receptor required for association and activation of JAK2 tyrosine kinaseJ A Vanderkuur
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0622
J Biol Chem 269:21709-17. 1994..In CHO cells expressing mutated GHR, GH-dependent tyrosyl phosphorylation of cellular proteins (p121, p97, p42, and p39) was dependent on the ability to activate JAK2...
- Modified cell cycle status in a mouse model of altered neuronal vulnerability (slow Wallerian degeneration; Wlds)Thomas M Wishart
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
Genome Biol 9:R101. 2008..gene 1 (Pttg1); changes in the location/activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome machinery via binding to valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97); and modified synaptic expression of proteins such as ubiquitin-activating enzyme E1 (Ube1).
- Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae YS-1 as a live vaccine vehicle for heterologous protein expression and intranasal immunization of pigsYoshihiro Shimoji
National Institute of Animal Health, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0856, Japan
Infect Immun 70:226-32. 2002..The C-terminal portion, including two repeat regions, R1 and R2, of the P97 adhesin of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae strain E-1 was successfully translocated and expressed on the E...
- An efficient mammalian cell-free translation system supplemented with translation factorsSatoshi Mikami
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 46:348-57. 2006..eIF4E specifically stimulated capped mRNA translation, while p97, a homologue to the C-terminal two-thirds of eIF4G, increased uncapped mRNA translation...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of VAT, a CDC48/p97 ATPase homologue from the archaeon Thermoplasma acidophilumV Pamnani
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, Germany
FEBS Lett 404:263-8. 1997..homologue of SAV from Sulfolobus acidocaldarius and CdcH of Halobacterium salinarium, and belongs to the CDC48/VCP/p97 subfamily...
- Involvement of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in the regulated endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptorsKamil J Alzayady
Departments of Pharmacology and Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210 2339, USA
J Biol Chem 280:34530-7. 2005..Here, we examine this process and show in several mammalian cell types that the ATPase p97 associates with IP(3) receptors in response to hormonal stimuli that induce IP(3) receptor ubiquitination...
- The AAA-ATPase p97 facilitates degradation of apolipoprotein B by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Lipid Res 49:2149-60. 2008The ATPase associated with various cellular activities (AAA-ATPase) p97 (p97) has been implicated in the retrotranslocation of target proteins for delivery to the cytosolic proteasome during endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (..
- Association of the T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase with nuclear import factor p97T Tiganis
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724 2208, USA
J Biol Chem 272:21548-57. 1997..associated with residues 377-415 from the C terminus of the 48-kDa form of TCPTP, whereas the recognition site for p97 and p116 was mapped to residues 350-381 encompassing the TCPTP nuclear localization sequence (NLS)...
- A novel function of the MA-3 domains in transformation and translation suppressor Pdcd4 is essential for its binding to eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4AHsin Sheng Yang
Gene Regulation Section, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3894-906. 2004..translation initiation factors, including human eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) and DAP-5/NAT1/p97, as well as in the tumor suppressor Pdcd4. The function of the MA-3 domain is, however, unknown...
- Autoantibodies from primary biliary cirrhosis patients with anti-p95c antibodies bind to recombinant p97/VCP and inhibit in vitro nuclear envelope assemblyK Miyachi
Health Sciences Research Institute, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 136:568-73. 2004..To confirm the identity of this autoantigen, we used a full-length cDNA of the p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) to produce a radiolabelled recombinant protein that was then used in an ..
- Anti-p97/VCP antibodies: an autoantibody marker for a subset of primary biliary cirrhosis patients with milder disease?K Miyachi
First Diagnostic Division, Health Sciences Research Institute, Inc, Yokohama, Japan
Scand J Immunol 63:376-82. 2006..biliary cirrhosis (PBC) sera reacted with a 95 kDa cytosol protein (p95c) that was subsequently identified as a p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP)...
- Biocontrol of Phytophthora cactorum the causal agent of root and crown rot on apple (Malus domestica) by formulated Pseudomonas fluorescensM Farzaneh
Department of Plant Protection, University of Tehran, Karaj, Iran
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 72:891-900. 2007..Four strains (P60, P61, P96, and P97) of Pseudomonas fluorescens were selected for greenhouse trials...
- Mhp493 (P216) is a proteolytically processed, cilium and heparin binding protein of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJody Wilton
NSW Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
Mol Microbiol 71:566-82. 2009..We show here that Mhp493 (P216), a paralogue of the cilium adhesin P97 (Mhp183), is cleaved between amino acids 1040 and 1089 generating surface-accessible, heparin-binding proteins P120 ..
- Simultaneous down-regulation of tumor suppressor genes RBSP3/CTDSPL, NPRL2/G21 and RASSF1A in primary non-small cell lung cancerVera N Senchenko
Laboratory of Structural and Functional Genomics, Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
BMC Cancer 10:75. 2010..3 region. We have shown previously that homozygous deletions in AP20 and LUCA sub-regions often occurred in the same tumor (P < 10-6)...
- Structure-based design of novel anticancer agentsF M Uckun
Drug Discovery Program, Parker Hughes Cancer Center, Parker Hughes Institute, 2665 Long Lake Road, St Paul, Minnesota55113, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 1:59-71. 2001..These include EGFR inhibitors such as the quinazoline derivative WHI-P97 and the leflunomide metabolite analog LFM-A12...
- Improved yield and stability of L49-sFv-beta-lactamase, a single-chain antibody fusion protein for anticancer prodrug activation, by protein engineeringCharlotte F McDonagh
Seattle Genetics Inc, 21823 30th Drive SE, Bothell, Washington 98021, USA
Bioconjug Chem 14:860-9. 2003..L49-sFv-bL) combined with the prodrug C-Mel is an effective anticancer agent against tumor cells expressing the p97 antigen. However, large-scale production of L49-sFv-bL from refolded E...
- Selective inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation rescues DeltaF508-cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator and suppresses interleukin-8 levels: therapeutic implicationsNeeraj Vij
Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17369-78. 2006..b>p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP) physically interacts with gp78/autocrine motility factor receptor to couple ..
- The AAA ATPase p97 links peptide N-glycanase to the endoplasmic reticulum-associated E3 ligase autocrine motility factor receptorGuangtao Li
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, 450 Life Sciences Building, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8348-53. 2006....
- A recombinant chimera composed of R1 repeat region of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae P97 adhesin with Escherichia coli heat-labile enterotoxin B subunit elicits immune response in miceFabrício Rochedo Conceição
Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, CP 354, 96010 900 Pelotas, RS, Brazil
Vaccine 24:5734-43. 2006..was to develop and to evaluate in BALB/c mice a recombinant subunit vaccine (rLTBR1) containing the R1 region of P97 adhesin of M. hyopneumoniae (R1) fused to the B subunit of the heat-labile enterotoxin of Escherichia coli (LTB)...
- Cdc48 is required for the stability of Cut1/separase in mitotic anaphaseNobuyasu Ikai
Department of Gene Mechanism, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Struct Biol 156:50-61. 2006..Cdc48/VCP/p97, an AAA ATPase, is involved in a variety of cellular activities, many of which are implicated in the proteasome-..
- Derlin-1 and p97/valosin-containing protein mediate the endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of human V2 vasopressin receptorsIsabel Schwieger
Leibniz Institut fur Molekulare Pharmakologie FMP, Campus Buch, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 73:697-708. 2008..for the first time that V2R mutants with different misfolded domains are able to coprecipitate the ERAD components p97/valosin-containing protein, Derlin-1 and the 26S proteasome regulatory subunit 7...
- Potential use of a recombinant replication-defective adenovirus vector carrying the C-terminal portion of the P97 adhesin protein as a vaccine against Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae in swineFaust René Okamba
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, Universite du Quebec, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Vaccine 28:4802-9. 2010..The P97 adhesin protein of M...
- Dietary acrylamide exposure estimates for the United Kingdom and Ireland: comparison between semiprobabilistic and probabilistic exposure modelsCraig Mills
Food Standards Agency, 125 Kingsway, London WC2B 6NH, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 56:6039-45. 2008..consumer exposure was estimated as 0.61 microg/kg of body weight (bw)/day and high-level adult consumer exposure (P97.5) as 1.29 microg/kg of bw/day. The mean adult Irish consumer exposure was estimated as 0...
- A role for the vesicle tethering protein, p115, in the post-mitotic stacking of reassembling Golgi cisternae in a cell-free systemJ Shorter
Cell Biology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 146:57-70. 1999..fusion protein (NSF) attachment protein receptors (SNAREs) via two intersecting pathways controlled by the ATPases, p97 and NSF...
- The Ubx2 and Ubx3 cofactors direct Cdc48 activity to proteolytic and nonproteolytic ubiquitin-dependent processesRasmus Hartmann-Petersen
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, EH4 2XU Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 14:824-8. 2004Valosin-containing protein, VCP/p97 or Cdc48, is a eukaryotic ATPase involved in membrane fusion, protein transport, and protein degradation. We describe two proteins, Ubx2 and Ubx3, which interact with Cdc48 in fission yeast...
- Pathogenesis of Paget's disease of boneStuart H Ralston
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Bone 43:819-25. 2008..These include TNFRSF11A, which encodes RANK, TNFRSF11B which encodes osteoprotegerin, VCP which encodes p97, and SQSTM1 which encodes p62...
- Clinical studies in familial VCP myopathy associated with Paget disease of bone and frontotemporal dementiaVirginia E Kimonis
Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:745-57. 2008..167320), is a progressive autosomal dominant disorder caused by mutations in the Valousin-containing protein (VCP, p97 or CDC48) gene. IBMPFD can be difficult to diagnose...
- Reconstituted nuclei depleted of a vertebrate GLFG nuclear pore protein, p97, import but are defective in nuclear growth and replicationM A Powers
Department of Biology 0347, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0347
J Cell Biol 128:721-36. 1995..Such cell-free extracts contain three major N-acetylglucosaminylated proteins: p200, p97, and p60. Both p200 and p60 have been found to be components of the nuclear pore...
- Studies on peptide:N-glycanase-p97 interaction suggest that p97 phosphorylation modulates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradationGang Zhao
Center for Structural Biology, Deparatment of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8785-90. 2007During endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation, the multifunctional AAA ATPase p97 is part of a protein degradation complex. p97 associates via its N-terminal domain with various cofactors to recruit ubiquitinated substrates...
- A unique carrier for delivery of therapeutic compounds beyond the blood-brain barrierDelara Karkan
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc, Vancouver, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e2469. 2008..capillaries, that comprise the BBB, possess an endogenous receptor that ferries an iron-transport protein, termed p97 (melanotransferrin), across the BBB...
- Molecular analysis of the P97 cilium adhesin operon of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeT Hsu
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Gene 214:13-23. 1998..hyopneumoniae to the cilia of swine respiratory epithelium through an interaction involving P97, a surface-associated protein, and cilia-specific receptors...
- AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p, a cytosolic chaperone required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradationEfrat Rabinovich
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 22:626-34. 2002..Here we implicate the cytosolic chaperone AAA-ATPase p97/Cdc48p in ERAD...
- Derlin-1 promotes the efficient degradation of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) and CFTR folding mutantsFei Sun
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Biol Chem 281:36856-63. 2006A complex involving Derlin-1 and p97 mediates the retrotranslocation and endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-associated degradation of misfolded proteins in yeast and is used by certain viruses to promote host cell protein degradation (Romisch, K...
- VCP/p97 AAA-ATPase does not interact with the endogenous wild-type cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulatorRebecca F Goldstein
Department of Cell Biology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Gregory Fleming James Cystic Fibrosis Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0005, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:706-14. 2007..a proteomics screen to identify DeltaF508 CFTR interacting proteins, we found that valosin-containing protein (VCP)/p97, a Type II AAA ATPase that is a component of the retrotranslocation machinery, binds DeltaF508 CFTR, and this ..
- Death-associated protein 5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1) contributes to retinoic acid-induced granulocytic differentiation and arsenic trioxide-induced apoptosis in acute promyelocytic leukemiaBulent Ozpolat
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 422, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Apoptosis 13:915-28. 2008..Here we investigated the role and regulation of death-associated protein-5 (DAP5/p97/NAT1), a novel inhibitor of translational initiation, in APL cell differentiation and apoptosis...
- The crystal structure of the C-terminal DAP5/p97 domain sheds light on the molecular basis for its processing by caspase cleavageNoa Liberman
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Mol Biol 383:539-48. 2008DAP5/p97 (death-associated protein 5) is a member of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G family. It functions as a scaffold protein promoting cap-independent translation of proteins...
- Development of a dual-color, double fusion FISH assay to detect RPN1/EVI1 gene fusion associated with inv(3), t(3;3), and ins(3;3) in patients with myelodysplasia and acute myeloid leukemiaBrandon M Shearer
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Division of Laboratory Genetics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 85:569-74. 2010Approximately 2-3% of adult patients with acute myeloid leukemia harbor a rearrangement of RPN1 (at 3q21) and EVI1 (at 3q26.2) as inv(3)(q21q26.2), t(3;3)(q21;q26.2), or ins(3;3)(q26.2;q21q26.2)...
- Liver cytochrome P450 3A endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation: a major role for the p97 AAA ATPase in cytochrome P450 3A extraction into the cytosolPoulomi Acharya
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
J Biol Chem 286:3815-28. 2011..Given this topology, it was unclear whether they would require the AAA-ATPase p97 chaperone complex that retrotranslocates/dislocates ubiquitinated ER-integral and luminal proteins into the cytosol ..
- Ubiquitination regulates the assembly of VLDL in HepG2 cells and is the committing step of the apoB-100 ERAD pathwayEric A Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
J Lipid Res 52:1170-80. 2011..The ubiquitin ligase gp78 and the AAA-ATPase p97 have been implicated in the proteasomal degradation of apoB-100...
- Assignment of the gene for human melanoma-associated antigen p97 to chromosome 3G D Plowman
Nature 303:70-2. 1983b>p97 is a 97,000 molecular weight cell-surface glycoprotein, which is present in human melanomas but in only trace amounts in normal adult tissues...
- Reiterated repeat region variability in the ciliary adhesin gene of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJ L Wilton
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Microbiology 144:1931-43. 1998..analysis of the gene encoding the 94 kDa antigen revealed greater than 90% homology to two adhesin genes, encoding P97 and Mhp1, cloned from pathogenic strain 232 and strain P5722 of M. hyopneumoniae, respectively...
- Function of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in retrotranslocation from the ER to the cytosol: dual recognition of nonubiquitinated polypeptide segments and polyubiquitin chainsYihong Ye
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Cell Biol 162:71-84. 2003A member of the family of ATPases associated with diverse cellular activities, called p97 in mammals and Cdc48 in yeast, associates with the cofactor Ufd1-Npl4 to move polyubiquitinated polypeptides from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) ..
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors: a new approach for asthmaW S Fred Wong
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, MD2 18 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597, Singapore
Biochim Biophys Acta 1697:53-69. 2004..g. genistein, tyrphostin AG213, piceatannol, tyrphostin AG490, WHI-P97, WHI-P131, Syk antisense) in animal models of allergic asthma have been reported...
- Nucleotide dependent motion and mechanism of action of p97/VCPByron DeLaBarre
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, and Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory, Stanford University, J H Clark Center E300 C, 318 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5432, USA
J Mol Biol 347:437-52. 2005..One of the members of this family, the hexameric p97/valosin-containing protein p97/VCP, is essential for the dislocation of misfolded membrane proteins from the ..
- The viral E3 ubiquitin ligase mK3 uses the Derlin/p97 endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation pathway to mediate down-regulation of major histocompatibility complex class I proteinsXiaoli Wang
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 281:8636-44. 2006..Evidence is presented here that HC down-regulation by mK3 is dependent on the p97 AAA-ATPase...
- Roles for APIS and the 20S proteasome in adenovirus E1A-dependent transcriptionMozhgan Rasti
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, The Medical School, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
EMBO J 25:2710-22. 2006..Taken together, these data demonstrate distinct roles for APIS and the 20S proteasome in E1A-dependent transactivation...
- Over-expression of genes and proteins of ubiquitin specific peptidases (USPs) and proteasome subunits (PSs) in breast cancer tissue observed by the methods of RFDD-PCR and proteomicsShishan Deng
Department of Anatomy, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Renmin South Road No 17, Chengdu, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 104:21-30. 2007..Five genes of proteasome subunits (PSs), including PSMB5, PSMD1, PSMD2, PSMD8 and PSMD11, four genes of USPs, including USP9X, USP9Y, USP10 and USP25, and ubiquitin protein ligase E3A (..
- Dislocation of HMG-CoA reductase and Insig-1, two polytopic endoplasmic reticulum proteins, en route to proteasomal degradationGil S Leichner
Department of Human Genetics and Biochemistry, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 20:3330-41. 2009..Dislocation of HMG(350)-HA and Insig-1-Myc requires metabolic energy and involves the AAA-ATPase p97/VCP...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of human FAF1 UBX domainWonchull Kang
Department of Chemistry, Soongsil University, Seoul 156 743, Republic of Korea
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 66:211-3. 2010..In the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway, FAF1 binds to the N domain of p97/VCP, a molecular chaperone that acts in complex with the proteasome, through its C-terminal UBX domain and inhibits ..
- A role for Cdc48/p97 and Aurora B in controlling chromatin condensation during exit from mitosisHemmo Meyer
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, Zurich 8093, Switzerland
Biochem Cell Biol 88:23-8. 2010..We have recently provided evidence that the AAA ATPase Cdc48/p97 plays a central role in the inactivation of Aurora B, as it extracts ubiquitinated Aurora B from chromosomes and ..
- Structural and functional implications of phosphorylation and acetylation in the regulation of the AAA+ protein p97Caroline A Ewens
Division of Molecular Biosciences, Centre for Structural Biology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Biochem Cell Biol 88:41-8. 2010b>p97, also known as VCP (valosin-containing protein), is a hexameric AAA+ ATPase that participates in a variety of cellular processes. It is believed that p97 mediates these processes through the binding of various adaptor proteins...
- Development of p97 AAA ATPase inhibitorsTsui Fen Chou
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
Autophagy 7:1091-2. 2011Specific p97 inhibitors are valuable research tools to carry out mechanistic and cellular investigations of p97 biology. p97 is an abundant, ubiquitin-selective chaperone that has multiple functions and is essential for life...
- The AAA-type ATPases Pex1p and Pex6p and their role in peroxisomal matrix protein import in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeImmanuel Grimm
Abteilung für Systembiochemie, Medizinische Fakultät der Ruhr Universität Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1823:150-8. 2012The recognition of the conserved ATP-binding domains of Pex1p, p97 and NSF led to the discovery of the family of AAA-type ATPases...
- Selenoprotein K binds multiprotein complexes and is involved in the regulation of endoplasmic reticulum homeostasisValentina A Shchedrina
Division of Genetics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42937-48. 2011..A biochemical search for proteins that interact with SelK revealed ER-associated degradation (ERAD) components (p97 ATPase, Derlins, and SelS)...
- NMR characterization of the interaction between the PUB domain of peptide:N-glycanase and ubiquitin-like domain of HR23Yukiko Kamiya
Okazaki Institute for Integrative Bioscience, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
FEBS Lett 586:1141-6. 2012PUB domains are identified in several proteins functioning in the ubiquitin (Ub)-proteasome system and considered as p97-binding modules...
- Structural analysis of the DAP5 MIF4G domain and its interaction with eIF4AGeneviève Virgili
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3G 0B1, Canada
Structure 21:517-27. 2013Death-associated protein 5 (DAP5/p97) is a homolog of the eukaryotic initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) that promotes the IRES-driven translation of multiple cellular mRNAs...
- Reconstruction of an integrated genome-scale co-expression network reveals key modules involved in lung adenocarcinomaGholamreza Bidkhori
Laboratory of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics LBB, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
PLoS ONE 8:e67552. 2013..In addition to the mentioned genes, there are some other genes (i.e. DLGAP5, BIRC5, PSMD2, Src, TTK, SENP2, PSMD2, DOK2, FUS and etc.) in the modules.
- The ubiquitin-selective chaperone Cdc48/p97 associates with Ubx3 to modulate monoubiquitylation of histone H2BMélanie Bonizec
Sorbonne Paris Cité, INSERM UMR944, CNRS UMR7212, Equipe Labellisée Ligue contre le Cancer, University of Paris Diderot, Hopital St Louis 1, Avenue Claude Vellefaux 75475 Paris cedex 10, France
Nucleic Acids Res 42:10975-86. 2014Cdc48/p97 is an evolutionary conserved ubiquitin-dependent chaperone involved in a broad array of cellular functions due to its ability to associate with multiple cofactors...
- Exposure to Melan-A/MART-126-35 tumor epitope specific CD8(+)T cells reveals immune escape by affecting the ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS)Frederic Ebstein
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Institut fur Biochemie, Charité Platz 1 Virchowweg 6, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Sci Rep 6:25208. 2016..Interestingly, deregulation of p97/VCP expression, which is an IFN-γ-independent component of the UPS and part of the ER-dependent protein ..
- Structural Details of Ufd1 Binding to p97 and Their Functional Implications in ER-Associated DegradationLe Thi My Le
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Soongsil University, Seoul 156 743, Korea
PLoS ONE 11:e0163394. 2016The hexameric ATPase p97 has been implicated in diverse cellular processes through interactions with many different adaptor proteins at its N-terminal domain...
- Nucleolar protein B23 stimulates nuclear import of the HIV-1 Rev protein and NLS-conjugated albuminA Szebeni
Department of Biochemistry, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216, USA
Biochemistry 36:3941-9. 1997..The import was ATP-dependent and inhibited by wheat germ agglutinin or by an antibody against p97, a component of the nuclear import system...
- Regulation of plasminogen activation: a role for melanotransferrin (p97) in cell migrationMichel Demeule
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Hôpital Ste Justine UQAM, CP 8888, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, Canada H3C 3P8
Blood 102:1723-31. 2003We recently reported that human recombinant melanotransferrin (p97) presents a high transport rate across the blood-brain barrier that might involve the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP)...
- Distinct roles for the AAA ATPases NSF and p97 in the secretory pathwaySeema Dalal
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:637-48. 2004NSF and p97 are related AAA proteins implicated in membrane trafficking and organelle biogenesis. p97 is also involved in pathways that lead to ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis, including ER-associated degradation (ERAD)...
- Detailed structural insights into the p97-Npl4-Ufd1 interfaceRivka L Isaacson
Division of Molecular Biosciences, Imperial College London, Biochemistry Building, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:21361-9. 2007The AAA ATPase, p97, achieves its versatility through binding to a wide range of cofactor proteins that adapt it to different cellular functions...
- Unglycosylation at Asn-633 made extracellular domain of E-cadherin folded incorrectly and arrested in endoplasmic reticulum, then sequentially degraded by ERADFeng Zhou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 138 Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai, 200032, People s Republic of China
Glycoconj J 25:727-40. 2008..M4 E-cadherin was recognized as the substrate of ERAD and was retro-translocated from ER lumen to cytoplasm by p97. It was observed that the ration of M4 E-cadherin binding to calnexin was significantly increased compared with ..
- Valosin-containing protein/p97 interacts with sperm-activating and sperm-attracting factor (SAAF) in the ascidian egg and modulates sperm-attracting activityEri Kondoh
Misaki Marine Biological Station, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Miura 238 0225, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 50:665-73. 2008..an egg plasma membrane extract and identified five proteins by proteomic analysis: valosin-containing protein (VCP)/p97, proteasome alpha 2 subunit, MGC97756 protein, proteasome subunit Y, and beta-tubulin...
- VCP disease associated with myopathy, Paget disease of bone and frontotemporal dementia: review of a unique disorderVirginia E Kimonis
Division of Genetics and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, 101 The City Drive, ZOT 4482, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:744-8. 2008..is a progressive autosomal dominant disorder that was recently identified as being caused by mutations in the VCP (p97 or CDC48) gene which plays a key role in the ubiquitin-proteasome dependent degradation of cytosolic proteins and ..
- Isolation of mammalian 26S proteasomes and p97/VCP complexes using the ubiquitin-like domain from HHR23B reveals novel proteasome-associated proteinsHenrike C Besche
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochemistry 48:2538-49. 2009..By altering buffer conditions, we also purified by this approach complexes of the ATPase p97/VCP associated with its adaptor proteins Ufd1-Npl4, p47, SAKS1, and FAF1, all of which contain ubiquitin-binding ..
- Proteomic comparative analysis of pathogenic strain 232 and avirulent strain J of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeYuan Zuo Li
Department of Life Science and Institute of Biotechnology, National Dong Hwa University, Hualien, Taiwan, ROC
Biochemistry (Mosc) 74:215-20. 2009..The results indicate that the major adhesin P97, the 50-kDa protein derived from P159 adhesin, and the 43-kDa cleavage product of P102 are expressed at much higher ..
- [Construction of the recombinant adenovirus expressing the C-terminal of the Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae p97 gene and its immune response]Chao Chen
Division of Bacterial Disease, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin 150001, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:465-70. 2009To construct recombinant adenovirus carrying C-Terminal of the adhesion factor gene p97 of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (Mhp) so as to provide basis for further studying new type Mhp vaccine.
- Mhp107 is a member of the multifunctional adhesin family of Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeLisa M Seymour
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, New South Wales 2522, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:10097-104. 2011..Expression of Mhp107, a P97 paralog encoded by the gene mhp107, was confirmed using ESI-MS/MS...
- Cdc48/p97-Ufd1-Npl4 antagonizes Aurora B during chromosome segregation in HeLa cellsGrzegorz Dobrynin
Centre for Medical Biotechnology, University of Duisburg Essen, 45117 Essen, Germany
J Cell Sci 124:1571-80. 2011During exit from mitosis in Xenopus laevis egg extracts, the AAA+ ATPase Cdc48/p97 (also known as VCP in vertebrates) and its adapter Ufd1-Npl4 remove the kinase Aurora B from chromatin to allow nucleus formation...
- A genome-wide screen identifies p97 as an essential regulator of DNA damage-dependent CDT1 destructionMalavika Raman
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 01230, USA
Mol Cell 44:72-84. 2011..The COP9/Signalosome regulates CDT2 stability through CUL4 deneddylation. Finally, the p97 AAA(+)-ATPase and its cofactor UFD1 are required for proteasome-dependent removal of ubiquitinated CDT1 and SET8 ..
- Simulations of the p97 complex suggest novel conformational states of hydrolysis intermediatesJeff Wereszczynski
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, USA
Protein Sci 21:475-86. 2012The vitally important AAA (ATPases associated with various cellular activities) protein p97 is involved in cellular functions ranging from replication to degradation of misfolded proteins and has recently been proposed as a novel ..
- Porcine oviduct sperm binding glycoprotein and its deleterious effect on sperm: a mechanism for negative selection of sperm?Juan M Teijeiro
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, UNR
Biol Res 44:329-37. 2011..is a pig oviductal epithelial cell glycoprotein that produces, under capacitating conditions, acrosome alteration, p97 tyrosine-phosphorylation and reduction of the motility of sperm...
- UBXN7 docks on neddylated cullin complexes using its UIM motif and causes HIF1α accumulationSusanne Bandau
Scottish Institute for Cell Signalling, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, UK
BMC Biol 10:36. 2012The proteins from the UBA-UBX family interact with ubiquitylated proteins via their UBA domain and with p97 via their UBX domain, thereby acting as substrate-binding adaptors for the p97 ATPase...
- CDC-48/p97 is required for proper meiotic chromosome segregation via controlling AIR-2/Aurora B kinase localization in Caenorhabditis elegansYohei Sasagawa
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Struct Biol 179:104-11. 2012CDC-48/p97 is a AAA (ATPases associated with diverse cellular activities) chaperone involved in protein conformational changes such as the disassembly of protein complexes. We previously reported that Caenorhabditis elegans CDC-48...
- Alkylsulfanyl-1,2,4-triazoles, a new class of allosteric valosine containing protein inhibitors. Synthesis and structure-activity relationshipsPaolo Polucci
Nerviano Medical Sciences S r l, Oncology, Viale Pasteur 10, 20014 Nerviano MI, Italy
J Med Chem 56:437-50. 2013Valosine containing protein (VCP), also known as p97, is a member of AAA ATPase family that is involved in several biological processes and plays a central role in the ubiquitin-mediated degradation of misfolded proteins...
- Top-down protein identification of proteasome proteins with nanoLC-FT-ICR-MS employing data-independent fragmentation methodsRajeswari Lakshmanan
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Proteomics 14:1271-82. 2014..The intact mass of the 100-kDa Rpn1 subunit from the 19S proteasome complex regulatory particle was measured with a deviation of 17 ppm...
- Cross-presentation of synthetic long peptides by human dendritic cells: a process dependent on ERAD component p97/VCP but Not sec61 and/or Derlin-1Jérémie Ménager
INSERM U892, Nantes, France Université de NANTES, Nantes, France CNRS, UMR 6299, Nantes, France
PLoS ONE 9:e89897. 2014..Our data support a role for the ER-associated degradation machinery (ERAD)-related protein p97/VCP in the transport of SLP16-40 from early endosomes to the cytoplasm but formally exclude both sec61 and Derlin-1 ..
- Human Papillomavirus 16 Oncoprotein Expression Is Controlled by the Cellular Splicing Factor SRSF2 (SC35)Melanie McFarlane
MRC University of Glasgow Centre for Virus Research, Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Virol 89:5276-87. 2015..SRSF2 did not affect transcription from the P97 promoter that controls viral oncoprotein expression...
- Withaferin A Analogs That Target the AAA+ Chaperone p97Shasha Tao
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, 1703 East Mabel Street, P O Box 210207, Tucson, Arizona 85721, United States
ACS Chem Biol 10:1916-24. 2015..We now show that WFA acts as an inhibitor of the chaperone, p97, both in vitro and in cell models in addition to inhibiting the proteasome in vitro...
- ESCRT-III controls nuclear envelope reformationYolanda Olmos
Division of Cancer Studies, Section of Cell Biology and Imaging, King s College London, London SE1 1UL, UK
Nature 522:236-9. 2015..How annular fusion is accomplished is unknown, but it is thought to involve the p97 AAA-ATPase complex and bears a topological equivalence to the membrane fusion event that occurs during the ..
- Upregulation of KPNβ1 in gastric cancer cell promotes tumor cell proliferation and predicts poor prognosisJia Zhu
Department of Oncology, Nantong Tumor Hospital, Nantong, 226361, Jiangsu, China
Tumour Biol 37:661-72. 2016KPNβ1, also known as importin β, P97, is reported as one of soluble transport factors that mediates transportion of proteins and RNAs between the nucleus and cytoplasm in cellular process...
- Proteasomal degradation of preemptive quality control (pQC) substrates is mediated by an AIRAPL-p97 complexIlana Braunstein
Department of Biochemistry, Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 31096, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 26:3719-27. 2015..Here we demonstrate that on specific translocation inhibition, a p97-AIRAPL complex directly binds and regulates the efficient processing of polyubiquitinated pQC substrates by the UPS...
- Characterization of an Additional Binding Surface on the p97 N-Terminal Domain Involved in Bipartite Cofactor InteractionsPetra Hänzelmann
Rudolf Virchow Center for Experimental Biomedicine, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Straße 2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany Electronic address
Structure 24:140-7. 2016The type II AAA ATPase p97 interacts with a large number of cofactors that regulate its function by recruiting it to different cellular pathways...
- Post-translational processing targets functionally diverse proteins in Mycoplasma hyopneumoniaeJessica L Tacchi
The ithree Institute, University of Technology Sydney, PO Box 123, Broadway, New South Wales 2007, Australia
Open Biol 6:150210. 2016..The cell surface of M. hyopneumoniae is extensively modified by processing events that target the P97 and P102 adhesin families. Here, we present analyses of the proteome of M...
- Ring of Change: CDC48/p97 Drives Protein Dynamics at ChromatinAndre Franz
Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases, Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne Cologne, Germany
Front Genet 7:73. 2016..In this context, the ring-like AAA+ ATPase CDC48/p97 emerges as a key regulator of protein complexes that are marked with ubiquitin or SUMO...
- Structure and functions of the chaperone-like p97/CDC48 in plantsHervé Bègue
Agroécologie, AgroSup Dijon, CNRS, INRA, Univ Bourgogne Franche Comté, F 21000 Dijon, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1861:3053-3060. 2017The chaperone-like p97 is a member of the AAA+ ATPase enzyme family that contributes to numerous cellular activities...
- Novel regulatory roles of Mff and Drp1 in E3 ubiquitin ligase MARCH5-dependent degradation of MiD49 and Mcl1 and control of mitochondrial dynamicsEdward Cherok
Center for Biomedical Engineering and Technology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Mol Biol Cell . 2016..Consistently, we show Mff is an integral component of the MARCH5/p97/Npl4 complex, which is also controlled by MARCH5's C-terminal domain...
- An Alu-linked repetitive sequence corresponding to 280 amino acids is expressed in a novel bovine protein, but not in its human homologueT Nobukuni
Mitsubishi Kasei Institute of Life Sciences, Tokyo 194
J Biol Chem 272:2801-7. 1997..The protein has an apparent molecular mass of 97 kDa (p97)...
- The regulatory particle of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae proteasomeM H Glickman
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3149-62. 1998..Of the remaining 11 subunits that we have identified (Rpn1 to Rpn3 and Rpn5 to Rpn12), 8 are encoded by previously described genes and 3 are encoded by genes not previously ..
- Transcriptional activity of human papillomavirus type 16 variants having deletions in the long control regionG Veress
Department of Microbiology, Medical and Health Science Centre, University of Debrecen, POB 17, H 4012, Debrecen, Hungary
Eur J Cancer 37:1946-52. 2001Transcription of the E6 and E7 viral oncogenes of human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 is regulated by the P97 major early promoter, and enhancer and silencer elements found in the long control region (LCR)...
- Role of p97 AAA-ATPase in the retrotranslocation of the cholera toxin A1 chain, a non-ubiquitinated substrateMichael Kothe
GI Cell Biology, Children s Hospital Boston, the Harvard Digestive Diseases Center, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28127-32. 2005..are modified by the attachment of polyubiquitin chains and moved into the cytosol by the ubiquitin-interacting p97 ATPase complex...
- Ufd1 exhibits the AAA-ATPase fold with two distinct ubiquitin interaction sitesSunghyouk Park
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Structure 13:995-1005. 2005Ufd1 mediates ubiquitin fusion degradation by association with Npl4 and Cdc48/p97. The Ufd1-ubiquitin interaction is essential for transfer of substrates to the proteasome...
- A conserved role of Caenorhabditis elegans CDC-48 in ER-associated protein degradationJulien Mouysset
Centre for Molecular Neurobiology, ZMNH, University of Hamburg, Falkenried 94, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Struct Biol 156:41-9. 2006..It has been reported that the AAA ATPase p97/VCP/CDC48 is required in this pathway for protein dislocation across the ER membrane and subsequent ubiquitin ..
- Nuclear Membrane Fusion in Xenopus Egg ExtractsMartin W Hetzer; Fiscal Year: 2010..generated new information about the two major regulators of nuclear assembly, the GTPase Ran and the AAA-ATPase p97. Our specific aims are: 1...
- Mariusz Karbowski; Fiscal Year: 2015..Furthermore, we also found that AAA- ATPase p97, a critical protein for the endoplasmic reticulum associated degradation (ERAD) pathway, is essential for both ..
- Conrad C Weihl; Fiscal Year: 2016..This link is strengthened further by the identification of mutations in the protein p97/VCP that cause the autosomal dominant syndrome, IBMPFD, IBM associated with paget's disease of the bone and ..
- James A Olzmann; Fiscal Year: 2015..findings identify a metabolically regulated LD ubiquitination pathway that involves UBXD8-mediated recruitment of p97/VCP and regulation LD turnover catalyzed by ATGL, the rate-limiting enzyme in lipolysis...
- Defining the role of ubiquitination in the regulation of lipid droplet functionJames A Olzmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..findings identify a metabolically regulated LD ubiquitination pathway that involves UBXD8-mediated recruitment of p97/VCP and regulation LD turnover catalyzed by ATGL, the rate-limiting enzyme in lipolysis...
- Changcheng Song; Fiscal Year: 2014..Valosin-containing protein (VCP/p97), a molecular chaperone, lies at the heart of proteostasis to unfold ubiquitinated proteins for proteasomal ..
- Ubiquitin and Cell Cycle Regulation of Golgi Membrane DynamicsYanzhuang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Reassembly is mediated by two ATPases (NSF and p97) that fuse the membranes...
- The role of p97 in protein degradation during aging and diseaseEUGENE DROKHLYANSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Previous studies support that p97 (known as VCP in metazoans and Cdc48 in yeast) is important for the degradation of damaged and misfolded proteins ..
- David Fushman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Of these subunits, the primary UBL-receptor is apparently Rpn1. The goal of the proposed research is to understand how the proteasome differentiates between ubiquitin and ..
- Mechanisms of VCP/p97 and Proteasomal pathway in COPD pathogenesisNeeraj Vij; Fiscal Year: 2010..protein levels of AAA (ATPase associated with diverse cellular activities) molecular chaperone and UPR modulator, p97/VCP (Valosin containing protein), are significantly upregulated in COPD peripheral lungs of smokers as compared to ..
- Understanding and targeting Nrf1-mediated proteasome recovery pathway in cancerSENTHIL KUMAR RADHAKRISHNAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aims during the independent phase are designed to understand the role of p97/VCP and its co-factors in Nrf1 activation and to identify novel chemical inhibitors of the Nrf1-mediated proteasome ..
- KENNETH R TETER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Most ERAD substrates are extracted from the ER through a mechanism involving the cytosolic AAA ATPase p97. However, p97 appears to play a minimal role in CTA1 translocation...
- Exploring mechanisms of TDP-43 aggregation and disaggregationJames Shorter; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are particularly interested in how two AAA+ ATPases, Hsp104 and p97, might antagonize or reverse TDP-43 aggregation...
- Role of the Sec61 Translocon in EGF Receptor Trafficking and SignalingGRAHAM F CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2012..This includes HSP70 and p97, an ATPase that is tyrosine phosphorylated following the addition of EGF...
- SVIP and CMT1AJun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..SVIP interacts with Valosin-Containing Protein (VCP;also called p97), a highly conserved ATPase that is ubiquitously distributed...
- CYTOPLASMIC FACTORS IN NUCLEAR PROTEIN IMPORTStephen Adam; Fiscal Year: 2000..Cytoplasmic assembly of a receptor complex composed of two transport factors, p97 and the NLS receptor is believed to precede docking of the complex at the nuclear pore...
- HPV-16 and head and neck cancerThomas Haugen; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the cervix and the head and neck contain and express the viral E6-E7 oncogenic region from a promoter at nt 97 (P97)...
- MEMBRANE FUSION ATPASES AND THE GOLGI APPARATUSAyano Satoh; Fiscal Year: 2007..The last granting period focused on the reassembly of Golgi cisternae that is catalyzed by two ATPases, NSF and p97. NSF was shown to have an activity additional to its well-characterized role in unraveling SNARE complexes...
- Influence of Heme on Hepatic Cytochrome P450 Synthesis and DegradationMaria Correia; Fiscal Year: 2007..ER extraction requires ATP hydrolysis and thus could involve either the p97 AAA ATPase or the proteasomal 19S AAA ATPases...
- EPIDERMAL TRANS-ACTING FACTORS IN SKIN DEVELOPMENTRenata Polakowska; Fiscal Year: 1993..genes and a keratinocyte-dependent (KD) enhancer sequence element of the human papilloma virus-16 (HPV-16) p97 promoter. Viral KD-enhancer activation is restricted to keratinocytes...
- The role of ubiquitination in Legionella pneumophila infection and disease.ALEXANDER ENSMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..vacuole (LCV) upon infection and a downstream component of the host ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic pathway, Cdc48/p97 is required for efficient intracellular growth of the bacteria. Additionally, the L...
- HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS-16 REGULATION IN CERVICAL CANCERLUBOMIR TUREK; Fiscal Year: 1991..and viral regulatory factors at the transcriptional promoter of the candidate E6-E7 oncogene region of HPV-16, P97, in transfection and DNA binding studies. Based on our recent data (Cripe et aL, 1987, ref...
- AAA ATPase p97/VCP and Inclusion Body MyopathyCONRAD WEIHL; Fiscal Year: 2009..Missense mutations in p97/VCP cause the autosomal dominantly syndrome HIBM, Paget's Disease and frontotemporal dementia (IBMPFD)...
- Role of Gab2 in Mast Cell Function and OntogenyHaihua Gu; Fiscal Year: 2006..long-term goal of this grant proposal is to understand the mechanism by which the novel scaffolding adapter Gab2/p97 regulates the biological responses of hematopoietic cells...
- ROLE OF BAG2 AND SHP2 IN HEMATOPOIETIC SIGNALLINGBENJAMIN NEEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..During the initial funding period, we identified, purified and cloned p97. p97 is a relative of Gab1 and Drosophila Dos, a regulator of the fly homolog of SHP-2; thus, we renamed p97 as ..
- Targeting JAK-3 with WHI-P97 for Treatment of AsthmaPeter Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2003..designed Janus kinase 3 (JAK3) inhibitor 4-(3',5'-dibromo-4'-hydroxyphenyl)- anmino-6,7-dirnethoxyquinazoline (WHI-P97) exhibits potent in vivo biologic activity in a mouse model of allergic asthma at nontoxic dose levels...
- HPV16-induced TGF-Beta resistance in human keratinocytesKIM CREEK; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, the molecular basis for the marked inhibition of HPV16 P97 promoter activity by TGF-beta will be investigated...
- THE MOLECULAR NATURE OF TUMOR ANTIGENSRICHARD WOODBURY; Fiscal Year: 1980..The other two melanoma-associated antigens are proteins with molecular weights of approximately 97,000 (p97) and 210,000 (p210), respectively...
- ANALYSIS OF THE PROTEASOME REGULATORY PARTICLEDaniel Finley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims are as follows: 1. To purify and characterize subcomplexes from the RP. 2. To test whether the Rpn1 subunit of the base is a general receptor for ubiquitin-like proteins. 3...
- Characterization of Familial Myopathy & Paget DiseaseVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Elucidation of the genetic defect will help us understand the pathogenesis of this multifaceted disorder and hopefully result in specific therapy. ..
- GENE CAUSING PAGET & LIMB-GIRDLE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Delineation of the genetic component responsible for the LGMD/PDB phenotype should promise similar insight and facilitate in the design of novel treatment protocols for the two disorders. ..
- Genetic basis of myopathy with Paget disease of boneVirginia Kimonis; Fiscal Year: 2008..e. effect on ATPase activity, protein-protein interactions, and hexamer formation). Study the VCP specific pathways in C2C12 cell lines (stably transfected wt and R155H VCP) during differentiation and under stress conditions...
- Single Molecule Studies of SNARE-Induced Vesicle FusionAxel T Brunger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such a system could serve as an efficient model system for novel drug discovery. ..
- Novel Integrative Genetic Elements of MycoplasmasMichael Calcutt; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Mutational Analyses of Drosophila DJ-1 HomologsLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work should clarify the normal cellular role of DJ-1 and provide a foundation for further hypothesis-driven investigation of DJ-1 function. ..
- Parkin mediated Neural Dysfunction in DrosophilaLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this work should clarify the relationship between parkin dysfunction and neurodegeneration, and possibly reveal strategies for treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- The role of hMLH1-hMRE11 in DNA mismatch repairChengtao Her; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism of mitotic exit in budding yeastRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our work may also provide a useful paradigm for understanding how other pathways that employ reversible nucleolar sequestra - such as the ARF-Mdm2- p53 circuit - are regulated. ..
- Proteomic analyses of Drosophila Parkinson's disease modelLeo Pallanck; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work should clarify the biological role of Parkin and will serve as a foundation for future hypothesis-driven investigation of parkin pathogenesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Mechanisms of Abnormal Protein AggregationMichael Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploration of fundamental mechanisms of protein aggregation that we undertake in this project will help to understand the nature of several neurological disorders. ..
- High-Throughput Campaign to Identify Reversible Small Molecule Inhibitor of p97/CRaymond Deshaies; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): p97 is an essential protein that plays a critical role in a number of different cellular processes...
- Mtb Proteasome-Associated Factors and VirulenceKATERINA DARWIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together it will be important to develop faster acting drugs to new targets in Mtb in order to better treat tuberculosis in the future. ..