Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSD-95
Description: discs large MAGUK scaffold protein 4
Alias: PSD95, SAP-90, SAP90, disks large homolog 4, Tax interaction protein 15, discs large homolog 4, post-synaptic density protein 95, synapse-associated protein 90
Publications331 found, 100 shown here
- Delineation of additional PSD-95 binding domains within NMDA receptor NR2 subunits reveals differences between NR2A/PSD-95 and NR2B/PSD-95 associationS L Cousins
School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
Neuroscience 158:89-95. 2009..These results suggest that NR2A and NR2B may associate with PSD-95 but with different affinities. This may be important in the determination of the lateral mobility of NMDA receptor subtypes in post-synaptic membranes...
- Characterization of MALS/Velis-1, -2, and -3: a family of mammalian LIN-7 homologs enriched at brain synapses in association with the postsynaptic density-95/NMDA receptor postsynaptic complexK Jo
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
J Neurosci 19:4189-99. 1999..This work suggests a role for MALS proteins in regulating recruitment of neurotransmitter receptors to the PSD...
- Apolipoprotein E receptor 2 interactions with the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorHYANG SOOK HOE
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1464, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3425-31. 2006..We also found that the PDZ1 domain of PSD95, a postsynaptic scaffolding protein, interacted with the C terminus of ApoEr2 via an alternatively spliced, ..
- Extensions of PSD-95/discs large/ZO-1 (PDZ) domains influence lipid binding and membrane targeting of syntenin-1Anna Maria Wawrzyniak
Laboratory for Signal Integration in Cell Fate Decision, Department of Human Genetics, KU Leuven, Belgium
FEBS Lett 586:1445-51. 2012..Our study adds new components to the multi-dentate membrane targeting mechanism and highlights the role of N- and C-terminal PDZ extensions in the regulation of syntenin-1 plasma membrane localization...
- beta 1-adrenergic receptor association with the synaptic scaffolding protein membrane-associated guanylate kinase inverted-2 (MAGI-2). Differential regulation of receptor internalization by MAGI-2 and PSD-95J Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Rollins Research Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 276:41310-7. 2001....
- Altered neuregulin 1-erbB4 signaling contributes to NMDA receptor hypofunction in schizophreniaChang Gyu Hahn
Cellular and Molecular Neuropathology Program, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Med 12:824-8. 2006..Therefore, these findings suggest that enhanced NRG1 signaling may contribute to NMDA hypofunction in schizophrenia...
- The neuregulin receptor ErbB-4 interacts with PDZ-containing proteins at neuronal synapsesR A Garcia
Unit on Molecular Neurobiology, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:3596-601. 2000..C-terminal region of ErbB-4 interacts with the three related membrane-associated guanylate kinases (MAGUKs) PSD-95/SAP90, PSD-93/chapsyn-110, and SAP 102, which harbor three PDZ domains, as well as with beta(2)-syntrophin, which has a ..
- DAP-1, a novel protein that interacts with the guanylate kinase-like domains of hDLG and PSD-95K Satoh
Department of Oncogene Research, Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Genes Cells 2:415-24. 1997....
- The C-terminus of the HTLV-1 Tax oncoprotein mediates interaction with the PDZ domain of cellular proteinsR Rousset
Laboratoire de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR49, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, France
Oncogene 16:643-54. 1998..These data suggest that Tax could perturb the normal function of targeted cellular proteins by strongly interacting with their PDZ domains...
- Direct interaction of Frizzled-1, -2, -4, and -7 with PDZ domains of PSD-95Heike Hering
Center for Learning and Memory, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, RIKEN MIT Neuroscience Research Center, and Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue E18 215, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
FEBS Lett 521:185-9. 2002....
- Activity-dependent transcription regulation of PSD-95 by neuregulin-1 and EosJianxin Bao
Department of Otolaryngology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:1250-8. 2004..This upregulation of PSD-95 expression by the Nrg-ICD-Eos complex provides a molecular basis for activity-dependent synaptic plasticity...
- Clustering of Shaker-type K+ channels by interaction with a family of membrane-associated guanylate kinasesE Kim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Nature 378:85-8. 1995..3) and syntrophin), suggest that PDZ-domain-containing polypeptides may be widely involved in the organization of proteins at sites of membrane specialization...
- Domain interaction between NMDA receptor subunits and the postsynaptic density protein PSD-95H C Kornau
Center for Molecular Biology ZMBH, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Science 269:1737-40. 1995..The interaction of these proteins may affect the plasticity of excitatory synapses...
- Interaction between the C terminus of NMDA receptor subunits and multiple members of the PSD-95 family of membrane-associated guanylate kinasesM Niethammer
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Neurosci 16:2157-63. 1996..an interaction between NMDA receptor subunits 2A and 2B (NR2A and NR2B) and three distinct members of the PSD-95/SAP90 family of membrane-associated putative guanylate kinases...
- Heteromultimerization and NMDA receptor-clustering activity of Chapsyn-110, a member of the PSD-95 family of proteinsE Kim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Neuron 17:103-13. 1996..and Shaker K+ channel subunits, is 70%-80% identical to, and shares an identical domain organization with, PSD-95/SAP90 and SAP97...
- CRIPT, a novel postsynaptic protein that binds to the third PDZ domain of PSD-95/SAP90M Niethammer
Department of Neurobiology and Howard Huges Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Neuron 20:693-707. 1998The synaptic protein PSD-95/SAP90 binds to and clusters a variety of membrane proteins via its two N-terminal PDZ domains...
- Enhanced long-term potentiation and impaired learning in mice with mutant postsynaptic density-95 proteinM Migaud
Centre for Genome Research, University of Edinburgh, UK
Nature 396:433-9. 1998..PSD-95 thus appears to be important in coupling the NMDA receptor to pathways that control bidirectional synaptic plasticity and learning...
- PSD-95 assembles a ternary complex with the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor and a bivalent neuronal NO synthase PDZ domainK S Christopherson
Department of Physiology, and Program in Biomedical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
J Biol Chem 274:27467-73. 1999..Accordingly, we find that the nNOS PDZ domain can bind PSD-95 PDZ2 and a COOH-terminal peptide simultaneously. This bivalent nature of the nNOS PDZ domain further expands the scope for assembly of protein networks by PDZ domains...
- A developmental change in NMDA receptor-associated proteins at hippocampal synapsesN Sans
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Neurosci 20:1260-71. 2000..These studies suggest that there is a preference for complexes of NR2A/PSD-93/95 and NR2B/SAP-102. These results indicate that individual receptor-associated proteins may have specific functions that are critical to synapse development...
- beta 1-adrenergic receptor association with PSD-95. Inhibition of receptor internalization and facilitation of beta 1-adrenergic receptor interaction with N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsL A Hu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 275:38659-66. 2000....
- Stargazin regulates synaptic targeting of AMPA receptors by two distinct mechanismsL Chen
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Nature 408:936-43. 2000....
- Selectivity and promiscuity of the first and second PDZ domains of PSD-95 and synapse-associated protein 102Indra Adi Lim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1532, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21697-711. 2002..Two of these proteins, brain-specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 and protein kinase Calpha, co-immunoprecipitated with PSD-95 and SAP102 from rat brain extracts...
- Synaptic multiprotein complexes associated with 5-HT(2C) receptors: a proteomic approachCarine Becamel
CNRS UPR9023, CCIPE 141 rue de la Cardonille, F 34094 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
EMBO J 21:2332-42. 2002..These proteins include several synaptic multidomain proteins containing one or several PDZ domains (PSD95 and the proteins of the tripartite complex Veli3-CASK-Mint1), proteins of the actin/spectrin cytoskeleton and ..
- Association of the kinesin superfamily motor protein KIF1Balpha with postsynaptic density-95 (PSD-95), synapse-associated protein-97, and synaptic scaffolding molecule PSD-95/discs large/zona occludens-1 proteinsHyejung Mok
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
J Neurosci 22:5253-8. 2002..large/zona occludens (PDZ) domain-binding motif with PDZ proteins including PSD-95/synapse-associated protein-90 (SAP90), SAP97, and synaptic scaffolding molecule (S-SCAM)-90 (SAP90)...
- A direct interaction of PSD-95 with 5-HT2A serotonin receptors regulates receptor trafficking and signal transductionZongqi Xia
Department of Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 278:21901-8. 2003..Taken together, the present work elucidates novel roles for PSD-95 in regulating the functional activity and intracellular trafficking of 5-HT2A receptors and possibly other GPCRs...
- Uncovering quantitative protein interaction networks for mouse PDZ domains using protein microarraysMichael A Stiffler
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:5913-22. 2006....
- A thermodynamic ligand binding study of the third PDZ domain (PDZ3) from the mammalian neuronal protein PSD-95Dorina Saro
Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Biochemistry 46:6340-52. 2007..The cumulative results provide greater detail into the specific nature of ligand binding to PDZ3 and will assist in the development of selective molecular probes for the study of this and structurally homologous PDZ domains...
- Genetic and functional analysis of the DLG4 gene encoding the post-synaptic density protein 95 in schizophreniaMin Chih Cheng
Department of Psychiatry, Yuli Mental Health Research Center, Yuli Veterans Hospital, Yuli Township, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 5:e15107. 2010..Post-synaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) plays a critical role in regulating the trafficking and activity of the NMDA receptor and altered expression of ..
- Interaction of nitric oxide synthase with the postsynaptic density protein PSD-95 and alpha1-syntrophin mediated by PDZ domainsJ E Brenman
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Fancisco, California 94143, USA
Cell 84:757-67. 1996..Interaction of PDZ-containing domains therefore mediates synaptic association of nNOS and may play a more general role in formation of macromolecular signaling complexes...
- Differential K+ channel clustering activity of PSD-95 and SAP97, two related membrane-associated putative guanylate kinasesE Kim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Neuropharmacology 35:993-1000. 1996..4 clustering occurs in > 60% of cotransfected cells, whereas Kv1.1 and Kv1.2 form convincing clusters with PSD-95 only in approximately 10% of cells...
- Plasma membrane Ca2+ ATPase isoform 4b binds to membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) proteins via their PDZ (PSD-95/Dlg/ZO-1) domainsE Kim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 273:1591-5. 1998..Alternative splicing may dictate their specific interaction with PDZ domain-containing proteins, potentially influencing their localization and incorporation into functional multiprotein complexes at the plasma membrane...
- Mutation and association analysis of the DAP-1 gene with schizophreniaShinsuke Aoyama
Department of Environmental Health and Safety, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 57:545-7. 2003..The results do not provide evidence that the DAP-1 gene is involved in vulnerability to schizophrenia...
- EG-1 interacts with c-Src and activates its signaling pathwayMing Lu
Department of Surgery, Division of Oncology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Oncol 29:1013-8. 2006..Furthermore, EG-1 shows interaction with multiple other SH3- and WW-containing molecules involved in various signaling pathways. These observations suggest that EG-1 may be involved in signaling pathways including c-Src activation...
- Muscarinic-induced recruitment of plasma membrane Ca2+-ATPase involves PSD-95/Dlg/Zo-1-mediated interactionsWade A Kruger
School of Biomedical Sciences and School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Brisbane QLD 4072, Australia
J Biol Chem 284:1820-30. 2009..Our findings describe rapid agonist-induced translocation of PMCA in a native cell model and suggest that NHERF-2 plays a key role in scaffolding and maintaining PMCA at the cell membrane...
- Decreased expression of NMDA receptor-associated proteins in frontal cortex of elderly patients with schizophreniaAdam J Funk
Departments of aNeurobiology bPsychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Neuroreport 20:1019-22. 2009..Postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95), Synaptic GTPase-activating protein (SynGAP), and Multiple PDZ domain protein (MUPP1) are integral components of ..
- Activation of cannabinoid type 2 receptors inhibits HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein gp120-induced synapse lossHee Jung Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Mol Pharmacol 80:357-66. 2011..imaging of neurons expressing DsRed2 and postsynaptic density protein 95 fused to green fluorescent protein (PSD95-GFP). Twenty-four-hour treatment with gp120 IIIB decreased the number of PSD95-GFP puncta by 37 ± 4%...
- The polarity protein partitioning-defective 1 (PAR-1) regulates dendritic spine morphogenesis through phosphorylating postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95)Qian Wu
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 287:30781-8. 2012..Together, our findings uncover a role of PAR-1 in spine morphogenesis in hippocampal neurons through phosphorylating PSD-95...
- No genetic association between postsynaptic density-95 gene polymorphisms and schizophreniaRitsuko Kawashima
Department of Psychiatry, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Neurosci Lett 400:168-71. 2006..The results suggested that these six polymorphisms did not affect risk for schizophrenia...
- Association study of polymorphisms in post-synaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95) with schizophreniaS J Tsai
Department of Psychiatry, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 114:423-6. 2007..Further genetic studies in schizophrenia with other PSD-95-like molecules that interact with the glutamate system are suggested...
- Plasma membrane Ca2+-atpase isoforms 2b and 4b interact promiscuously and selectively with members of the membrane-associated guanylate kinase family of PDZ (PSD95/Dlg/ZO-1) domain-containing proteinsS J DeMarco
Program in Molecular Neuroscience, Department of Biochemistry, Mayo Graduate School, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 276:21594-600. 2001..The related MAGUKs SAP90/PSD95, PSD93/chapsyn-110, SAP97, and SAP102 all bound to the COOH-terminal tail of PMCA4b, whereas only the first ..
- Effect of PSD-95/SAP90 and/or PSD-93/chapsyn-110 deficiency on the minimum alveolar anesthetic concentration of halothane in miceFeng Tao
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Anesthesiology 112:1444-51. 2010..N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors and PSD-95/synaptic-associated protein (SAP) 90 or PSD-93/Chapsyn-110 and that the knockdown of spinal PSD-95/SAP90 significantly reduces the minimum alveolar concentration (MAC) for isoflurane in rats.
- The functional role of the second NPXY motif of the LRP1 beta-chain in tissue-type plasminogen activator-mediated activation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsAnne M Martin
Institute of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, Molecular Neurodegeneration and Institute of Physiology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:12004-13. 2008..we were able to inhibit Erk1/2 activation by competing for the LRP1 C-terminal binding motif with a truncated PSD95 construct resembling its PDZ III domain...
- Coupling between neuronal nitric oxide synthase and glutamate receptor 6-mediated c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway via S-nitrosylation contributes to ischemia neuronal deathH M Yu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Neuroscience 155:1120-32. 2008..of the increased S-nitrosylation of GluR6 and the assembling of GluR6* postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95)* mixed lineage kinase 3 (MLK3) signaling module induced by cerebral ischemia-reperfusion...
- A novel multiple PDZ domain-containing molecule interacting with N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors and neuronal cell adhesion proteinsK Hirao
Takai Biotimer Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, c o JCR Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd, 2 2 10 Murotani, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2241, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:21105-10. 1998..Pioneering studies identified postsynaptic density (PSD)-95/SAP90 as a prototypic synaptic scaffolding protein to maintain the structure of synaptic junctions...
- Stress- and mitogen-induced phosphorylation of the synapse-associated protein SAP90/PSD-95 by activation of SAPK3/p38gamma and ERK1/ERK2Guadalupe Sabio
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem J 380:19-30. 2004..In the present study, we show that SAP90 [(synapse-associated protein 90; also known as PSD-95 (postsynaptic density-95)] is a novel physiological ..
- Neuroadaptations in the cellular and postsynaptic group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR5 and Homer proteins following extinction of cocaine self-administrationM Behnam Ghasemzadeh
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Integrative Neuroscience Research Center, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, United States
Neurosci Lett 452:167-71. 2009..The scaffolding protein PSD95 increased in NAcore of the extinguished animals...
- Binding of the proline-rich segment of myelin basic protein to SH3 domains: spectroscopic, microarray, and modeling studies of ligand conformation and effects of posttranslational modificationsEugenia Polverini
Dipartimento di Fisica and CNISM, Universita di Parma, V le Usberti, 7 A, 43100 Parma, Italy
Biochemistry 47:267-82. 2008..5 kDa MBP isoform (rmC1 component) binds the following SH3 domains: Yes1 > PSD95 > cortactin = PexD = Abl = Fyn = c-Src = Itk in order of decreasing affinity...
- Synaptic pathology in retinoschisis knockout (Rs1-/y) mouse retina and modification by rAAV-Rs1 gene deliveryYuichiro Takada
Section for Translational Research in Retinal and Macular Degeneration, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3677-86. 2008..The protein expression and morphology of the OPL in Rs1-KO mice was investigated at different ages, to explore the role of the synaptic layer in these ERG changes...
- Behavioral sensitization to cocaine is associated with increased glutamate receptor trafficking to the postsynaptic density after extended withdrawal periodM B Ghasemzadeh
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Integrative Neuroscience Research Center, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Neuroscience 159:414-26. 2009..While the tissue level of the Homer1b/c protein was selectively reduced in nucleus accumbens core, that of PSD95, PICK1, and actin was not changed in any of the brain regions examined...
- Constitutional haploinsufficiency of tumor suppressor genes in mentally retarded patients with microdeletions in 17p13.1A C V Krepischi-Santos
Department of Genetics and Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Biosciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cytogenet Genome Res 125:1-7. 2009..1. This segment encompasses 18 genes, including 3 involved in cancer, namely KCTD11/REN, DLG4/PSD95, and GPS2...
- Adeno-associated virus serotype-9 mediated retinal outer plexiform layer transduction is mainly through the photoreceptorsBo Lei
Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Adv Exp Med Biol 664:671-8. 2010..Four weeks after subretinal injection, eGFP expression was examined on retinal cryosections. PSD95 (postsynaptic density protein, a marker for photoreceptor terminals), CtBP2 (C-terminal binding protein 2, a ..
- Proline-rich synapse-associated protein-1 and 2 (ProSAP1/Shank2 and ProSAP2/Shank3)-scaffolding proteins are also present in postsynaptic specializations of the peripheral nervous systemM Raab
Department of Anatomy I, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Krankenhausstrasse 9, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Neuroscience 171:421-33. 2010..Thus, scaffolding proteins ProSAP1/2 were found within the postsynaptic specializations of synapses within the PNS, indicating a similar molecular assembly of central and peripheral postsynapses...
- Sapap3 and pathological grooming in humans: Results from the OCD collaborative genetics studyO J Bienvenu
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:710-20. 2009b>SAP90/PSD95-associated protein (SAPAP) family proteins are post-synaptic density (PSD) components that interact with other proteins to form a key scaffolding complex at excitatory (glutamatergic) synapses...
- Roles of fragile X mental retardation protein in dopaminergic stimulation-induced synapse-associated protein synthesis and subsequent alpha-amino-3-hydroxyl-5-methyl-4-isoxazole-4-propionate (AMPA) receptor internalizationHansen Wang
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:21888-901. 2010..Our study thus provides further insights into FMRP involvement in DA modulation and may help to reveal the molecular mechanisms underlying impaired learning and memory in fragile X syndrome...
- Molecular characterization and spatial distribution of SAP97, a novel presynaptic protein homologous to SAP90 and the Drosophila discs-large tumor suppressor proteinB M Müller
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University of Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 15:2354-66. 1995..We previously reported the identification of a 90 kDa synapse-associated protein, SAP90, that is localized at the presynaptic termini of inhibitory GABAergic synapses...
- Erbin regulates NRG1 signaling and myelinationYanmei Tao
Department of Neurology, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9477-82. 2009..We show here that Erbin, a protein that contains leucine-rich repeats (LRR) and a PSD95-Dlg-Zol (PDZ) domain and that interacts specifically with ErbB2, is necessary for NRG1 signaling and myelination ..
- Gender differences in the long-term effects of chronic prenatal stress on the HPA axis and hypothalamic structure in ratsCristina García-Cáceres
Hospital Infantil Universitario Nino Jesus, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, CIBER Fisiopatología de Obesidad y Nutrición CIBERobn, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid 28009, Spain
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:1525-35. 2010..Synapsin-1 levels were increased by adult stress in females and by prenatal stress in males, while, PSD95 levels were increased in females and decreased in males by both prenatal and adult stress...
- Neuroprotection of hypothermia against neuronal death in rat hippocampus through inhibiting the increased assembly of GluR6-PSD95-MLK3 signaling module induced by cerebral ischemia/reperfusionWei Wei Hu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biochemistry and Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, People s Republic of China
Hippocampus 18:386-97. 2008..present study was set out to examine whether hypothermia would cause the alternation of the assembly of the GluR6-PSD95-MLK3 signaling module and the activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway through KAR...
- Characterization of the bidirectional promoter region between the human genes encoding VLCAD and PSD-95Li Feng Zhang
Kimberly H Courtwright and Joseph W Summers Institute of Metabolic Disease, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75226, USA
Genomics 82:660-8. 2003..Site-directed mutagenesis experiments showed that a mutated activator protein 2-binding site markedly reduced the transcriptional activity of both promoters and abolished the minimal VLCAD promoter's response to DEHP treatment...
- Molecular abnormalities of the glutamate synapse in the thalamus in schizophreniaJames H Meador-Woodruff
Mental Health Research Institute and Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0720, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1003:75-93. 2003..a given glutamate receptor subtype, the most well characterized being the NMDA receptor binding proteins PSD93, PSD95, NF-L, and SAP102...
- A proteomic survey of rat cerebral cortical synaptosomesFrank A Witzmann
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Proteomics 5:2177-201. 2005..The results also suggest that this experimental approach can be used to study the differential expression of multiple proteins involved in alterations of synaptic function...
- Effectiveness of PSD95 inhibitors in permanent and transient focal ischemia in the ratHong Shuo Sun
Toronto Western Hospital Research Institute, Suite 4W 435, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 39:2544-53. 2008..These were tested here under conditions that included fever, which is a common occurrence in clinical stroke...
- Insights into the regulation of 5-HT2A serotonin receptors by scaffolding proteins and kinasesJohn A Allen
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, School of Medicine, 8032 Burnett Womack, CB 7365, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
Neuropharmacology 55:961-8. 2008..of 5-HT(2A) receptors and our recent studies suggest multiple scaffolds exist for 5-HT(2A) receptors including PSD95, arrestin, and caveolin...
- Disruption of nNOS-PSD95 protein-protein interaction inhibits acute thermal hyperalgesia and chronic mechanical allodynia in rodentsS K Florio
ICOS Corporation, Bothell, WA, USA
Br J Pharmacol 158:494-506. 2009Post-synaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) contains three PSD95/Dosophilia disc large/ZO-1 homology domains and links neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) with the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor...
- PSD-95 promotes CaMKII-catalyzed serine phosphorylation of the synaptic RAS-GTPase activating protein SynGAP after transient brain ischemia in rat hippocampusBo Song
Research Center of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou 221002, Jiangsu, PR China
Brain Res 1005:44-50. 2004..1, 3 days) on serine phosphorylation of SynGAP and interactions involving SynGAP, postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) and CaMKII in rat hippocampus...
- Expression of junctional adhesion molecule-A prevents spontaneous and random motilityGianfranco Bazzoni
Laboratory of Systems Biology, Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milano, Italy
J Cell Sci 118:623-32. 2005..cell-surface glycoprotein that localizes to intercellular junctions and associates with intracellular proteins via PSD95-Dlg-ZO1-binding residues...
- Colon mustard oil instillation induced cross-organ reflex sensitization on the pelvic-urethra reflex activity in ratsHsien Yu Peng
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, No 110, Chang Kuo North Rd Section 1, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
Pain 142:75-88. 2009..characterized by elongated firing in the reflex activity in association with increased protein levels of Cdk5, PSD95, and phosphorylated NR2B (pNR2B) but not of total NR2B (tNR2B) in the spinal cord tissue...
- NMDA induces NOS 1 translocation to the cell membrane in NGF-differentiated PC 12 cellsMark Arundine
The Department of Pathology, The University of Western Ontario, Rm 7 OF 10, UC LHSC, 339 Windermere Road, London, N6A 5C1, Ontario, Canada
Brain Res 976:149-58. 2003..nitric oxide (NO) production occurs via the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95)-neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS1) ternary complex...
- Up-regulation of NMDA receptor subunit and post-synaptic density protein expression in the thalamus of elderly patients with schizophreniaSarah M Clinton
Department of Psychiatry, Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Neurochem 98:1114-25. 2006..to determine whether protein levels of NMDA receptor subunits (NR1, NR2A, NR2B) and associated PSD proteins (NF-L, PSD95, SAP102) are altered in schizophrenia...
- Purple sweet potato color repairs d-galactose-induced spatial learning and memory impairment by regulating the expression of synaptic proteinsDong Mei Wu
Key Laboratory for Biotechnology on Medicinal Plants of Jiangsu Province, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, No 101 Shanghai Road, Xuzhou 221116, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Neurobiol Learn Mem 90:19-27. 2008..The results of this study suggested that memory impairment and synaptic protein loss in d-gal-treated mice may be improved by treatment with PSPC...
- Role of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II in dendritic spine remodeling during epileptiform activity in vitroXiang ming Zha
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1324, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:1969-79. 2009..PSDs) in pyramidal neurons in the slices, we used biolistic transfection to express either free GFP or a PSD95-YFP construct that specifically labels PSDs...
- Oxidative balance in Alzheimer's disease: relationship to APOE, Braak tangle stage, and the concentrations of soluble and insoluble amyloid-βHannah Tayler
Dementia Research Group, Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK
J Alzheimers Dis 22:1363-73. 2010..load, and the concentration of soluble and insoluble forms of Aβ, post-synaptic and dendritic spine proteins PSD95 and drebrin, β-secretase and Aβ-degrading enzymes neprilysin (NEP), insulin-degrading enzyme (IDE), and ..
- The making of neurexinsM Missler
Department of Molecular Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
J Neurochem 71:1339-47. 1998..Intracellularly, the neurexin/neuroligin junction is bound by CASK on the neurexin side and PSD95 on the neuroligin side...
- Alpha1-syntrophin-deficient skeletal muscle exhibits hypertrophy and aberrant formation of neuromuscular junctions during regenerationYukio Hosaka
Department of Molecular Therapy, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, 4 1 1 Ogawa Higashi, Kodaira 187 8502, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Biol 158:1097-107. 2002....
- Wogonin induces differentiation and neurite outgrowth of neural precursor cellsJung Su Lim
Department of Biology, Kyunghee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402:42-7. 2010..Wogonin maximally elevated the expressions of presynaptic protein, synapsin I and postsynaptic protein (PSD95) at a concentration of 0.7μg/ml...
- Family-based genetic association study of DLGAP3 in Tourette SyndromeJacquelyn Crane
Center for Human Genetics Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156:108-14. 2011..SAP90/PSD95-associated protein 3 (SAPAP3/DLGAP3) is a post-synaptic scaffolding protein that is highly expressed in ..
- Electrical stimulation of the lateral habenula produces enduring inhibitory effect on cocaine seeking behaviorAlexander Friedman
Leslie Susan Gonda Goldschmied Multidisciplinary Brain Research Center, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Neuropharmacology 59:452-9. 2010..area, cocaine self-administration elevated glutamatergic receptor subunits NR1 and GluR1 and scaffolding protein PSD95, but not GABA(A)β, protein levels. Following DBS treatment, levels of these subunits returned to control values...
- Potential pleiotropic effects of Mpdz on vulnerability to seizuresC Fehr
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Genes Brain Behav 3:8-19. 2004..8 Mb) interval of mouse chromosome 4. To date, Mpdz, which encodes the multiple PSD95/DLG/ZO-1 (PDZ) domain protein (MPDZ), is the only gene within the interval shown to have allelic variants that ..
- Synapse-specific regulation of AMPA receptor subunit composition by activityKimberly J Harms
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 25:6379-88. 2005..inhibition by TNTCFP did not change the synaptic level of the AMPA receptor subunits GluR2 or GluR2/3 or of the PSD95 (postsynaptic density 95) family scaffolding proteins...
- Separable features of visual cortical plasticity revealed by N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2A signalingMichela Fagiolini
Neuronal Circuit Development, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, RIKEN, Brain Science Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2854-9. 2003..developing visual system, mice carrying a targeted disruption of the NR2A-associated 95-kDa postsynaptic density (PSD95) scaffolding protein were analyzed...
- Brain spectrin binding to the NMDA receptor is regulated by phosphorylation, calcium and calmodulinA Wechsler
Department of Neurobiology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
EMBO J 17:3931-9. 1998..Spectrin binds at NR2B sites distinct from those of alpha-actinin-2 and members of the PSD95/SAP90 family...
- Association of synapse-associated protein 90/ postsynaptic density-95-associated protein (SAPAP) with neurofilamentsK Hirao
Takai Biotimer Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, c o JCR Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd, 2 2 10 Murotani, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2241, Japan
Genes Cells 5:203-10. 2000..We have further characterized here the Triton X-100-insolubility of SAPAP and tried to identify the Triton X-100-insoluble structures which SAPAP interacts with...
- Abnormalities of the NMDA Receptor and Associated Intracellular Molecules in the Thalamus in Schizophrenia and Bipolar DisorderSarah M Clinton
Department of Psychiatry, Mental Health Research Institute, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0720, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:1353-62. 2004..to measure the expression of NMDA subunits (NR1, NR2A-D), and associated intracellular proteins (NF-L, PSD95, and SAP102) in a second, younger cohort from the Stanley Foundation Neuropathology Consortium, which included ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of ErbB4 is enhanced by PSD95 and repressed by protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type ZAkihiro Fujikawa
Division of Molecular Neurobiology, National Institute for Basic Biology, The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, 5 1 Higashiyama, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
J Biochem 142:343-50. 2007..Both are known to bind to postsynaptic density-95 (PSD95) on the second and the first/second PDZ (PSD95/Disc large/zona occludens1) domains, respectively, through the PDZ-..
- Cannabinoids inhibit network-driven synapse loss between hippocampal neurons in cultureHee Jung Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, 321 Church Street, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 325:850-8. 2008..and synapses were visualized by confocal imaging of neurons expressing DsRed2 and postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD95) fused to enhanced green fluorescent protein (GFP). Reducing the extracellular Mg2+ concentration to 0...
- Expression of microRNAs and their precursors in synaptic fractions of adult mouse forebrainGiovanni Lugli
Department of Psychiatry and Psychiatric Institute, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Neurochem 106:650-61. 2008..using methods of microRNA microarray, real time qRT-PCR, Northern blotting and immunopurification using anti-PSD95 antibody...
- Lithium increases synapse formation between hippocampal neurons by depleting phosphoinositidesHee Jung Kim
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Pharmacol 75:1021-30. 2009..Confocal imaging of neurons expressing postsynaptic density protein 95 fused to green fluorescent protein (PSD95-GFP) enabled visualization of synaptic sites...
- The acute and chronic effects of combined antipsychotic-mood stabilizing treatment on the expression of cortical and striatal postsynaptic density genesCarmine Tomasetti
Laboratory of Molecular Psychiatry and Psychopharmacotherapeutics, Department of Neuroscience, Section of Psychiatry, University School of Medicine Federico II, Naples, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:184-97. 2011..both acute and chronic paradigms, the expression of specific postsynaptic density genes (Homer1a, Homer1b/c, and PSD95) and genes putatively implicated in mood stabilizers mechanism of action (GSK3b, ERK) after administration of ..
- Molecular interactions of the plasma membrane calcium ATPase 2 at pre- and post-synaptic sites in rat cerebellumM L Garside
School of Biological Sciences, Royal Holloway College, University of London, Egham TW20 0EX, UK
Neuroscience 162:383-95. 2009..immunoprecipitation and GST pull-down approaches confirmed that PMCA2 interacts with the post-synaptic proteins PSD95 and the NMDA glutamate receptor subunits NR1 and NR2a, via its C-terminal PDZ (PSD95/Dlg/ZO-1) binding domain...
- Ion channel associated proteinsM Sheng
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 6:602-8. 1996..New classes of channel-associated proteins have been identified recently, including the PSD-95/SAP90 family of channel-clustering molecules and components of the synaptic vesicle release machinery...
- Synaptic transmission of neural stem cells seeded in 3-dimensional PLGA scaffoldsYi Xiong
Division of Neuroscience, Department of Histology and Embryology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Biomaterials 30:3711-22. 2009..Immunostaining of synapsin-I and PSD95 revealed formation of synaptic structures, which was also observed under electron microscope...
- Interaction of postsynaptic density protein-95 with NMDA receptors influences excitotoxicity in the yeast artificial chromosome mouse model of Huntington's diseaseJing Fan
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Neurosci 29:10928-38. 2009..Our results elucidate further the mechanisms underlying enhanced excitotoxicity in HD...
- Morphine- and CaMKII-dependent enhancement of GIRK channel signaling in hippocampal neuronsRounak Nassirpour
Peptide Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 30:13419-30. 2010..Morphine treatment for ∼20 h increased the colocalization of GIRK2 with PSD95, a dendritic spine marker...
- Honokiol protects brain against ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats through disrupting PSD95-nNOS interactionZhenyu Hu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Brain Res 1491:204-12. 2013..In co-immunoprecipitation and western blot test, honokiol decreased the intensity of nNOS related to PSD95 but failed to affect that of PSD95 related to NR2B in NR2B-PSD95-nNOS complex, and it also inhibited the ..
- Role of the DLGAP2 gene encoding the SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 2 in schizophreniaJun Ming Li
Department of Psychiatry, Taoyuan Armed Forces General Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 9:e85373. 2014Aberrant synaptic dysfunction is implicated in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia. The DLGAP2 gene encoding the SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 2 (SAPAP2) located at the post-synaptic density of neuronal cells is involved in the neuronal ..
- Chronic deep cerebellar stimulation promotes long-term potentiation, microstructural plasticity, and reorganization of perilesional cortical representation in a rodent modelJessica Cooperrider
Center for Neurological Restoration, Neurological Institute and Departments of Neuroscience and
J Neurosci 34:9040-50. 2014..of synaptic markers of long-term potentiation and plasticity, including synaptophysin, NMDAR1, CaMKII, and PSD95. These findings provide a critical foundation of how deep cerebellar stimulation may guide plastic reparative ..
- An intracellular domain with a novel sequence regulates cell surface expression and synaptic clustering of leucine-rich repeat transmembrane proteins in hippocampal neuronsKeiichiro Minatohara
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurochem 134:618-28. 2015..This novel amino acid sequence of LRRTMs facilitates synapse maturation. We propose this regulated synaptic clustering of LRRTMs by the intracellular domain presents a novel molecular mechanism of synapse maturation. ..
- An Atypical MAGUK GK Target Recognition Mode Revealed by the Interaction between DLG and KIF13BJinwei Zhu
National Center for Protein Science Shanghai, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201210, China Division of Life Science, State Key Laboratory of Molecular Neuroscience, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China Electronic address
Structure 24:1876-1885. 2016..We further show that binding to non-phosphorylated targets is another general property of MAGUK GKs, thus expanding the mechanisms of action of the MAGUK family proteins...
- Synamon, a novel neuronal protein interacting with synapse-associated protein 90/postsynaptic density-95-associated proteinI Yao
Takai Biotimer Project, Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, c o JCR Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd, 2 2 10 Murotani, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2241, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:27463-6. 1999Guanylate kinase-associated protein (GKAP)/SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein (SAPAP)/DLG-associated protein (DAP) is a protein of the postsynaptic density (PSD), and binds to the guanylate kinase domain of PSD-95/synapse-associated protein ..
- Dual palmitoylation of PSD-95 mediates its vesiculotubular sorting, postsynaptic targeting, and ion channel clusteringA E El-Husseini
Department of Physiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 148:159-72. 2000..These data imply that PSD-95 is an itinerant vesicular protein; initial targeting of PSD-95 to an intracellular membrane compartment may participate in postsynaptic ion channel clustering by PSD-95...
- Blockade of cadherin-6B activity perturbs the distribution of PSD-95 family proteins in retinal neuronesY Honjo
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Genes Cells 5:309-18. 2000..Double-immunostaining for cad6B and PSD-95/SAP90 or other PSD-95 family members, known to localize in the postsynaptic density, showed that their distributions ..
- MECHANISMS OF SYNAPTIC PLASTICITY IN THE HIPPOCAMPUSRobert C Malenka; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aim 1 will examine the roles of the postsynaptic scaffolding proteins PSD95 and SAP97 in controlling basal synaptic transmission as well as LTP and LTD...
- HIV Neurotoxicity-Mechanism &Modulation by CannabinoidsStanley A Thayer; Fiscal Year: 2013..developed to image intact postsynaptic densities (PSDs) based on detection of clusters of the scaffolding protein PSD95 fused to green fluorescent protein (PSD95-GFP)...
- Ruoqi Gao; Fiscal Year: 2016..data from our lab show that Epac2 is in a complex with two post- synaptic scaffolding proteins, Shank3 and PSD95. We will thus perform in vitro binding assays to determine the nature of the interactions between these three ..
- Abigail Renoux; Fiscal Year: 2014..in cultured neurons followed by immunocytochemistry for FMRP and two known FMRP-regulated proteins, Arc and PSD95. Aim 2 will be tested using molecular approaches combined with electrophysiological recordings of synaptic ..
- Stanley A Thayer; Fiscal Year: 2014..developed to detect intact postsynaptic densities (PSDs) based on detection of clusters of the scaffolding protein PSD95 fused to green fluorescent protein (PSD95-GFP)...
- Sung W Rhee; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this regard, we recently identified scaffolding proteins including PSD95 (postsynaptic density 95) in rat cVSMCs that have never been described...
- Roles of SAPAP Proteins in Synaptic Function and Compulsive-like BehaviorGuoping Feng; Fiscal Year: 2011..the in vivo function of key scaffolding proteins at excitatory synapses we initiated a molecular genetic study on SAP90/PSD95 associated proteins (SAPAPs)...
- Guoping Feng; Fiscal Year: 2016..Shank family proteins (Shank1-3) directly bind SAPAP to form the PSD95/SAPAP/Shank complex...
- Novel Molecular Tools for Imaging Synaptic DynamicsHAIG S KESHISHIAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The molecular probes include PA- GFP fusions of the vesicular SNARE protein synaptotagmin, the PSD95/MAGUK adaptor protein disks large (Dlg) and the glutamate receptor subunit dGluRIIA...
- Gareth R Howell; Fiscal Year: 2016..Axon damage will be visualized using DBA/2J.Thy1(CFP) and synapse changes will be assessed using antibodies for PSD95 and RIBEYE. I will focus on C1qa, a key molecule in the complement cascade...
- Regulation of glioblastoma migration by PTEN PDZ-binding domainAndrew M Chan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The regions within PTEN responsible for this activity are the phosphatase domain and the last four amino acid PSD95/Dlg/ZO-1 (PDZ)-binding domain...
- Functional roles for E2F1 in neurons: mechanisms of synaptic damage in HIV-associJENHAO HARRY TING; Fiscal Year: 2012..technology or genetic knockout animals and assay for changes in dendritic arborization, spine morphogenesis, PSD95 clustering, and synapse number...
- NMDA Receptor Complex Dysfunction in SchizophreniaMatthew L MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will aid our understanding of the disease and open new doors for drug discovery. ..
- Interaction of Anesthetics with Neuronal PDZ DomainsRoger Johns; Fiscal Year: 2009..PSD-95/SAP90 is one of a family of proteins recently shown to physically link synaptic signaling proteins into macromolecular ..
- Motor learning and neuroplasticity in an aged mouse model of cerebral ischemiaKelly A Tennant; Fiscal Year: 2010..cortex and immunohistochemical analyses of activity and plasticity-associated proteins, specifically FosB/AFosB, PSD95, and MAP2...
- Parathyroid Hormone Receptor Type 1: Dynamics, Traffic and RecyclingGuillermo G Romero; Fiscal Year: 2010..test the hypothesis that PTH1R internalization is tightly regulated by the interactions of the PTH1R with PDZ (PSD95, discs-large, Zo-1) proteins...
- ANDREA GRACE HOHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2014..interaction involving PDZ domains (neuronal nitric oxide synthase, nNOS and postsynaptic density protein 95, PSD95) required for NMDA receptor signaling...
- Effects of Neonatal MDMA on Brain and BehaviorCharles V Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2010..New data show that exposed offspring have altered expression of CAPON, PSD95, nNOS, and NMDA-NR1 (all members of the NMDA receptor complex)...
- Signaling Proteins: Binding Studies and Peptide MimeticsMark Spaller; Fiscal Year: 2006..that may reflect the fundamental binding preferences of all other PDZ domains: the Class I PDZ domains from PSD95, and the Class II PDZ domain from hCASK...
- MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE AGINGDarrell Brann; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 3 will examine the status of anchoring/clustering proteins for glutamate receptors (PSD95, Chapsyn-1 10, GRIP) in the middle-aged proestrous rat since a defect in these proteins would lead to ineffective ..
- BDNF/TrkB Regulates Actin Signaling with LTPLulu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The separate studies under Aim 3 will test (3A) if TBS increases the size of PSD95-immunoreactive synapses associated with phospho- Trk, (3B) if TBS-induced increases phospho-Trk are upstream to ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL EFFECTS OF METHAMPHETAMINE-LIKE STIMULANTSCharles Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2009..hippocampal NMDA receptors by 3H-MK-801 autoradiography and receptor complex-associated immunocytochemistry for PSD95, nNOS, CAPON, Dexras1, and Synapsin I-III...
- Do PCBs alter developing brain structure and cognition?Pamela Lein; Fiscal Year: 2003..techniques will be used including immunohistochemical localization and western blot analyses of MAP2 and PSD95, and image analysis of dendritic growth in individual neurons labeled with the Golgi-Cox stain...
- Drug Design: Glutamate Receptor SignalingDale Mierke; Fiscal Year: 2003..peptides and peptidomimetics that will disrupt the molecular interactions of specific glutamate receptors with SAP90 and SAP97 and downstream signaling proteins...
- BRAIN GUANYLATE KINASES--SYNAPTIC STABILITY MODULATORSCraig Garner; Fiscal Year: 1999..Of the 10 or so members of this family expressed in rat brain, we have cloned and characterized 3 called SAP90, SAP97 and SAP102...
- A Novel Drug To Reduce Neronal Damage Following StrokePETER LU; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, NMDA is known to bind to PDZs other than PSD95, suggesting that unappreciated side effects will probably be observed upon closer examination...
- Aggregation of presynaptic proteins during LTPRobert Hawkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..with recent studies, we found that there is an increase in clusters (puncta) of postsynaptic proteins (GluR1, PSD95) at the onset of long-lasting potentiation...
- Synaptic Plasticity after Brain IschemiaBingren Hu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 2 will investigate whether tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2B, PSD95 and SynGAP after an episode of OGD alters their synaptic trafficking and clustering, leading to modification of ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEUROMUSCULAR JUNCTIONSVivian Budnik; Fiscal Year: 2009..During more than a decade, our studies have centered on the role of Discs-Large, a scaffolding protein of the PSD95 family...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF ANCHORING PROTEINSJohn Scott; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Aim 3, experiments are proposed to determine if the interaction of AKAP79 with PSD95, an integral component of the postsynaptic density, links upstream signaling complexes with downstream elements ..
- Glutamate Signaling and Drug AbuseMOHAMMADHOSSEIN GHASEMZADEH; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- IONIC HOMEOSTASIS AND SEIZURE REGULATIONJohn Swann; Fiscal Year: 2009..This hypothesis will be directly tested by measuring changes in intracellular calcium in glial cells and neurons during stimulus trains in hippocampal slices while measuring extracellular calcium. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL PLASTICITY AND CHRONIC EPILEPSYJohn Swann; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since there are so few animal models of early-onset epilepsy, the studies proposed here offer a unique opportunity to further an understanding of the biological origins of seizure disorders in infancy. ..
- Roles of Neuregulin-1 in Age Related Neuronal ChangesJianxin Bao; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal of our research is to develop methods for prevention and treatment of age related functional decline of nervous system based on identifying molecular candidates involved in the aging process ..
- Axonal Degeneration in LRRK2 Parkinson?s DiseaseChenjian Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore the understanding of the LRRK2 pathogenic mechanisms is not only important from a scientific point, but also critical for the therapeutic development that directly addresses a major public health issue. ..
- Neuroinflammation in Cholesterol-Induced AD PathogenesisNarayan Bhat; Fiscal Year: 2009..The outcome of these studies should have implications for developing novel and effective anti- inflammatory treatments for AD. ..
- Steven J Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 2 will specifically address protein protein interactions among erbB4 and other PSD proteins. Aim 3, will further characterize the impact of erbB4 dysregulation on NMDAR signaling and explore possible mechanisms. ..
- Synaptic Apoptosis in SchizophreniaLEISA GLANTZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Personality, anxiety, and depression in community adultsO Bienvenu; Fiscal Year: 2007..He will be guided by exceptionally talented mentors, including Drs. Gerald Nestadt, Kenneth Kendler, William Eaton, Kung-Yee Liang, Paul Costa, Murray Stein, Patrick Sullivan, and Lindon Eaves. ..
- Mouse Models And LRRK2 Kinase Substrates for Park8-Parkinson's DiseaseChenjian Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study of LRRK2 is also very likely to impact sporadic PD research, because ParkS mutation G2019S was discovered to be also highly prevalent in sporadic PD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protein Biomarker Profiles of Abusive Alcohol ConsumptionFrank Witzmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synaptosomal Protein Changes After EtOH Self-AdministrationFrank Witzmann; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Olfactory neurons from bipolar patientsChang Gyu Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2006..2) To identify therapeutically relevant changes in ICa homeostasis following lithium treatment. 3) To characterize ORN cultures from bipolar patients using odorant induced ICa responses. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF PHOTOTRANSDUCTIONBih Hwa Shieh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Un-regulated signaling may lead to hyperactivity or degeneration of neurons, which has been implicated in mans pathophysiological conditions such as epilepsy and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- INTERLEUKIN 6 AND HUMAN BILIARY EPITHELIAL PROLIFERATIONAnthony Demetris; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Roles of Neuregulin in Age Related Hearing LossJianxin Bao; Fiscal Year: 2005..The goal of this award is to elucidate the role of NRG-CD in age-related loss of SGNs as well as to provide the candidate with the continuity of support necessary to develop into an independent investigator. ..
- MAP KINASES IN OLIGODENDROCYTE CELL SIGNALINGNarayan Bhat; Fiscal Year: 2005..Putative MAPK-responsive elements and relevant binding activities will be determined by deletion and gel shift analyses ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Age-Related Hearing LossJianxin Bao; Fiscal Year: 2004..The ultimate goal of this research is to develop methods for prevention and treatment of age-related loss of SGNs, based on identifying molecular candidates involved in this aging process. ..
- MAP KINASE REGULATION OF MICROGLIAL ACTIVATIONNarayan Bhat; Fiscal Year: 2004..The suppressive effects of the kinase inhibitors on activation-associated microglial functions; i.e., targeting of oligodendrocytes and myelin phagocytosis will be tested using in vitro models. ..
- Expression of the coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptorChristopher Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The experiments outlined below will define CAR's function in virus infection of epithelial cells, and its contribution to the formation and structure of the epithelial tight junction. ..