Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRX
Alias: CMT4F, periaxin
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of dopamine agonists and catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibitors in Parkinson's diseaseR Inzelberg
Department of Neurology, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 23:262-6. 2000To compare the efficacy and tolerability of three dopamine agonists--pergolide (PRG), pramipexole (PRX), and ropinirole (ROP)-and two catechol-O-methyltranferase (COMT) inhibitors-tolcapone (TOL) and entacapone (ENT)-as add-on therapies ..
- Protective agents in acute high-dose organophosphate exposure: comparison of ranitidine with pralidoxime in ratsG A Petroianu
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Appl Toxicol 25:68-73. 2005..paraoxon, POX) exposure in rats in direct comparison with the therapeutic gold-standard pralidoxime (PRX)...
- Five oximes (K-27, K-33, K-48, BI-6 and methoxime) in comparison with pralidoxime: in vitro reactivation of red blood cell acetylcholinesterase inhibited by paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 26:64-71. 2006Oximes are cholinesterase reactivators of use in poisoning with organophosphorus compounds. Pralidoxime (PRX) is used clinically as an adjunct to atropine in such exposure...
- Effect of pyridostigmine, pralidoxime and their combination on survival and cholinesterase activity in rats exposed to the organophosphate paraoxonGeorg A Petroianu
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, United Arab Emirates University, P O Box 17 666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Arch Toxicol 80:777-84. 2006..POX is a highly toxic non-neuropathic ethyl organophospate. Pralidoxime (PRX) is the enzyme reactivator used by some NATO armies...
- In vitro oxime reactivation of red blood cell acetylcholinesterase inhibited by methyl-paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 27:168-75. 2007..Pralidoxime (PRX) is the oxime used in the United States...
- Mapping of a new locus for autosomal recessive demyelinating Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease to 19q13.1-13.3 in a large consanguineous Lebanese family: exclusion of MAG as a candidate geneV Delague
Unite de Genetique Medicale, Faculte de Medecine, Université Saint Joseph, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 67:236-43. 2000..affecting this family constitutes a previously unknown demyelinating autosomal recessive CMT subtype known as "CMT4F." The myelin-associated glycoprotein (MAG) gene, located on 19q13...
- A tripartite nuclear localization signal in the PDZ-domain protein L-periaxinD L Sherman
Department of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 1QH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 275:4537-40. 2000The murine Periaxin gene encodes two PDZ-domain proteins in myelin-forming Schwann cells of the vertebrate peripheral nervous system (Dytrych, L., Sherman, D. L., Gillespie, C. S., and Brophy, P. J. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 5794-5800)...
- Periaxin mutations cause recessive Dejerine-Sottas neuropathyC F Boerkoel
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Hum Genet 68:325-33. 2001The periaxin gene (PRX) encodes two PDZ-domain proteins, L- and S-periaxin, that are required for maintenance of peripheral nerve myelin...
- A mutation in periaxin is responsible for CMT4F, an autosomal recessive form of Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseA Guilbot
INSERM U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 10:415-21. 2001..L- and S-periaxin are proteins of myelinating Schwann cells and homozygous periaxin-null mice display extensive demyelination of ..
- Specific disruption of a schwann cell dystrophin-related protein complex in a demyelinating neuropathyD L Sherman
Department of Preclinical Veterinary Sciences, University of Edinburgh, EH9 1QH, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Neuron 30:677-87. 2001..The complex is clustered by the interaction of DRP2 with L-periaxin, a homodimeric PDZ domain-containing protein...
- A novel cell-cell junction system: the cortex adhaerens mosaic of lens fiber cellsBeate K Straub
Division of Cell Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 116:4985-95. 2003..The other complex contains ezrin, periplakin, periaxin and desmoyokin (and so is called the EPPD complex), usually together with moesin, spectrin(s) and plectin...
- Periaxin mutation causes early-onset but slow-progressive Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseKazuki Kijima
Department of Pediatrics, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
J Hum Genet 49:376-9. 2004b>Periaxin (PRX) plays a significant role in the myelination of the peripheral nerve...
- Five oximes (K-27, K-33, K-48, BI-6 and methoxime) in comparison with pralidoxime: survival in rats exposed to the organophosphate paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 26:262-8. 2006Oximes are cholinesterase reactivators used in organophosphorus poisoning. Clinical experience with pralidoxime (PRX) and other oximes is disappointing and their routine use has been questioned...
- Pralidoxime and l-lactate effects in vitro on the inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by paraoxon: pralidoxime does not confer superior protectionG Petroianu
University of Heidelberg at Mannheim, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Maybach Street 14 16, 68169 Mannheim, Germany
J Appl Toxicol 21:7-13. 2001..To assess the practical relevance, if any, of these findings, the protective effects of pralidoxime (PRX) and those of lactate had to be compared in the same in vitro model...
- Characterization of a mammalian peroxiredoxin that contains one conserved cysteineS W Kang
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 273:6303-11. 1998..TPx homologs, termed peroxiredoxin (Prx), have also been identified and include several proteins, designated 1-Cys Prx, that contain only one conserved ..
- Hyperoxidized peroxiredoxins and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase immunoreactivity and protein levels are changed in the gerbil hippocampal CA1 region after transient forebrain ischemiaIn Koo Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200 702, South Korea
Neurochem Res 32:1530-8. 2007..present study, we investigated transient ischemia-induced chronological changes in hyperoxidized peroxiredoxins (Prx-SO3) and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH-SO3) immunoreactivity and protein levels in the gerbil ..
- Decreased expression of peroxiredoxins in Fuchs' endothelial dystrophyUla V Jurkunas
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2956-63. 2008To compare the relative expression of peroxiredoxin (Prx) proteins in normal human corneal endothelium with endothelium in corneas affected by Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy (FED) and between normal human endothelium and epithelial/stromal ..
- The peroxiredoxin and glutathione peroxidase families in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiRégine Dayer
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Ueberlandstrasse 133, CH 8600, Duebendorf, Switzerland
Genetics 179:41-57. 2008..PRXs are present in diverse subcellular compartments and divided into four types: 2-cys PRX, 1-cys PRX, PRX-Q, and type II PRX (PRXII)...
- Characterization of clutathione amide reductase from Chromatium gracile. Identification of a novel thiol peroxidase (Prx/Grx) fueled by glutathione amide redox cyclingB Vergauwen
Laboratory of Protein Biochemistry and Protein Engineering, Gent University, 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:20890-7. 2001..We suggest GAR to be the newest member of the class I flavoprotein disulfide reductase family of oxidoreductases...
- The thiol-based redox networks of pathogens: unexploited targets in the search for new drugsTimo Jaeger
MOLISA GmbH, Molecular Links Sachsen Anhalt, Universitatsplatz 2, D 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Biofactors 27:109-20. 2006..linked via glutaredoxin and plasmoredoxin to terminal thioredoxin peroxidases belonging to both, the peroxiredoxin (Prx) and glutathione peroxidase (GPx) family...
- Supramolecular control of polyplex dissociation and cell transfection: efficacy of amino groups and threading cyclodextrins in biocleavable polyrotaxanesAtsushi Yamashita
School of Materials Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1 1 Asahidai, Nomi, Ishikawa 923 1292, Japan
J Control Release 131:137-44. 2008..onto a poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) chain capped with benzyloxycarbonyl-L-tyrosine via disulfide linkages (DMAE-SS-PRX), involves the formation of a stable polyion complex (polyplex) against a counter polyanion and the intracellular ..
- Biomphalaria glabrata peroxiredoxin: effect of schistosoma mansoni infection on differential gene regulationMatty Knight
Biomedical Research Institute, 12111 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 167:20-31. 2009..screened and a partial cDNA encoding an antioxidant enzyme thioredoxin peroxidase (Tpx), or peroxiredoxin (Prx), was identified...
- A chicken homeobox gene related to Drosophila paired is predominantly expressed in the developing limbT Nohno
Department of Pharmacology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki City, Japan
Dev Biol 158:254-64. 1993We identified a homeobox-containing gene, Prx-1, isolated from the chick limb bud cDNA library. The homeodomain sequence is related to Drosophila paired and goose-berry and mouse Pax-3, Pax-6, and Pax-7...
- Divergent light-, ascorbate-, and oxidative stress-dependent regulation of expression of the peroxiredoxin gene family in ArabidopsisFrank Horling
Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry W5, University of Bielefeld, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Plant Physiol 131:317-25. 2003Peroxiredoxins (prxs) are peroxidases with broad substrate specificity. The seven prx genes expressed in Arabidopsis shoots were analyzed for their expressional response to changing photon fluence rates, oxidative stress, and ascorbate ..
- Paired-related homeobox genes cooperate in handplate and hindlimb zeugopod morphogenesisM F Lu
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Texas A and M University, Houston, Texas, 77030 3303, USA
Dev Biol 205:145-57. 1999The closely related homeobox genes prx-1 and prx-2 are expressed in lateral plate and limb bud mesoderm, but targeted inactivation of these genes failed to demonstrate a limb phenotype...
- Synergistic action of piroxicam on the eicosapentaenoic acid-induced apoptosis is associated with enhanced down-regulation of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 expression but not promoted activation of pro-apoptotic Bid proteinLawrence C M Chiu
Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, P R China
Oncol Rep 11:225-30. 2004..In this study, effect of piroxicam (PRX), a COX inhibitor, on the EPA-induced apoptosis in HL-60 cells was investigated...
- Ol-Prx 3, a member of an additional class of homeobox genes, is unimodally expressed in several domains of the developing and adult central nervous system of the medaka (Oryzias latipes)J S Joly
Laboratoire de Genetique des Poissons, Domaine de Vilvert, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:12987-92. 1997..In this context, we report the characterization of Ol-Prx 3 (Oryzias latipes-Prx 3)...
- Cerebrovascular reactivity during hypothermia and rewarmingA Lavinio
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Academic Neurosurgical Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Anaesth 99:237-44. 2007..The effects of hypothermia and subsequent rewarming on cerebral vasoreactivity in human TBI are unknown...
- Continuous monitoring of cerebrovascular pressure reactivity in patients with head injuryChristian Zweifel
Academic Neurosurgical Unit, University of Cambridge Clinical School, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Neurosurg Focus 25:E2. 2008..A cerebrovascular pressure reactivity index (PRx) can be determined as the moving correlation coefficient between mean intracranial pressure (ICP) and mean arterial ..
- The effects of acrolein on peroxiredoxins, thioredoxins, and thioredoxin reductase in human bronchial epithelial cellsCharles R Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Toxicology 257:95-104. 2009..Trx1) and mitochondrial (Trx2) thioredoxins in the reduced state, and the thioredoxins keep the peroxiredoxins (Prx) reduced, thereby supporting their peroxidase function...
- Fluorescence quenching of Acridine Orange in microemulsions induced by the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug PiroxicamSuzana M Andrade
Centro de Quimica Estrutural, Complexo 1, Instituto Superior Tecnico, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
Photochem Photobiol Sci 2:605-10. 2003..quenching of Acridine Orange (AO) by methyl viologen (MV2+) and the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Piroxicam (Prx), incorporated in sodium bis(2-ethylhexyl) sulfosuccinate (AOT)/isooctane/water and Triton X-100 (Trx-100)/..
- PRX-08066, a novel 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B antagonist, reduces monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy in ratsStacy L Porvasnik
Department of Pediatrics, Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0266, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 334:364-72. 2010..5-((4-(6-Chlorothieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4-ylamino)piperidin-1-yl)methyl)-2-fluorobenzonitrile monofumarate (PRX-08066) is a selective 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B (5-HT2BR) antagonist that causes selective vasodilation of ..
- Removal of hydrogen peroxide by a 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin enzyme of the filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitisR Chandrashekar
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Parasitol Res 86:200-6. 2000..of studies carried out on the biochemical activity and on immunolocalization of a recombinant peroxiredoxin (Prx) enzyme from the dog filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitis...
- Modeling human peroxisome biogenesis disorders in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansHeather Thieringer
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08554, USA
J Cell Sci 116:1797-804. 2003..green fluorescent protein reporter targeted to the peroxisome, we establish that peroxisomal import is impaired in prx-5(RNAi) nematodes...
- Crystal structure of an archaeal peroxiredoxin from the aerobic hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon Aeropyrum pernix K1Eiichi Mizohata
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Mol Biol 354:317-29. 2005..We present here the X-ray crystal structure of an archaeal Prx from the aerobic hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon, Aeropyrum pernix K1, determined at 2.3 A resolution (Rwork of 17...
- The function of peroxiredoxins in plant organelle redox metabolismKarl Josef Dietz
Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants, W5 134, Bielefeld University, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Exp Bot 57:1697-709. 2006In 1996, cDNA sequences referred to as plant peroxiredoxins (Prx), i.e. a 1-Cys Prx and a 2-Cys Prx, were reported from barley...
- Four thiol peroxidases contain a conserved GCT catalytic motif and act as a versatile array of lipid peroxidases in Anabaena sp. PCC7120Mee Kyung Cha
Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, 439 6 Doma 2 Dong Seo Gu, Taejon 302 735, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1736-48. 2007..genome contains seven open reading frames with homology to thiol peroxidase (TPx), also known as peroxiredoxin (Prx)...
- Association between intracranial, arterial pulse pressure amplitudes and cerebral autoregulation in head injury patientsP K Eide
Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Neurol Res 29:578-82. 2007....
- Insights into the catalytic mechanism of the Bcp family: functional and structural analysis of Bcp1 from Sulfolobus solfataricusKatia D'Ambrosio
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini CNR, Via Mezzocannone 16, 80134 Naples, Italy
Proteins 76:995-1006. 2009Bcps constitute a group of antioxidant enzymes, belonging to the Prx family, that are widely distributed in bacteria, plants, and fungi. These proteins can contain two conserved cysteines within the CXXXXC motif...
- Broad specificity AhpC-like peroxiredoxin and its thioredoxin reductant in the sparse antioxidant defense system of Treponema pallidumDerek Parsonage
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6240-5. 2010..Although this Tp peroxiredoxin (Prx) closely resembles AhpC-like Prxs, Tp lacks AhpF, the typical reductant for such enzymes...
- Towards clarification of the inhibitory mechanism of wheat bran leachate on Microcystis aeruginosa NIES-843 (Cyanobacteria): physiological responsesJihai Shao
Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 430072 Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Ecotoxicology 19:1634-41. 2010..D1 protein of photosynthetic processes (psbA), synthesis of microcystins (mcyB), antioxidant protein peroxiredoxin (prx), synthesis of fatty acid (fabZ) and the repair of biological macromolecules (recA, grpE) were studied...
- Identification of a new type of mammalian peroxiredoxin that forms an intramolecular disulfide as a reaction intermediateM S Seo
Laboratory of Cell Signaling and Department of Extramural Affairs, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 275:20346-54. 2000Peroxidases of the peroxiredoxin (Prx) family contain a Cys residue that is preceded by a conserved sequence in the NH(2)-terminal region...
- Novel protective mechanism against irreversible hyperoxidation of peroxiredoxin: Nalpha-terminal acetylation of human peroxiredoxin IIJae Ho Seo
School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:13455-65. 2009..Our comparative study of hyperoxidation and regeneration of Prx I and Prx II in HeLa cells revealed that Prx II is more susceptible than Prx I to hyperoxidation and that the ..
- A vacuolar class III peroxidase and the metabolism of anticancer indole alkaloids in Catharanthus roseus: Can peroxidases, secondary metabolites and arabinogalactan proteins be partners in microcompartmentation of cellular reactions?Mariana Sottomayor
IBMC Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular Universidade do Porto Porto Portugal
Plant Signal Behav 3:899-901. 2008..Recently, in a classical function-to-protein-to-gene approach, we have characterized the main class III peroxidase (Prx) expressed in C. roseus leaves, CrPrx1, implicated in a key biosynthetic step of the anticancer alkaloids...
- Peroxiredoxin IV regulates pro-inflammatory responses in large yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena crocea) and protects against bacterial challengeSuhong Yu
Key Laboratory of Marine Biogenetic Resources, Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, Xiamen 361005, PR China
J Proteome Res 9:1424-36. 2010..Three Prx family members, namely, Prx I, Prx II, and Prx IV, were upregulated after treatment with the vaccine, indicating ..
- Evaluation of hepatic changes and local and systemic immune responses in goats immunized with recombinant Peroxiredoxin (Prx) and challenged with Fasciola hepaticaRicardo E Mendes
Department of Anatomy and Comparative Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cordoba, Animal Health Building, Campus Rabanales, Cordoba, Spain
Vaccine 28:2832-40. 2010Protection against Fasciola hepatica in goats immunized with Peroxiredoxin (Prx) was assessed...
- PRX-00023, a selective serotonin 1A receptor agonist, reduces ultrasonic vocalizations in infant rats bred for high infantile anxietySusan A Brunelli
Division of Developmental Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 94:8-15. 2009..infants (pups: Postnatal Day 11+/-1) were compared to those of randomly-bred controls in response to EPIX compound PRX-00023, a unique serotonin (5-HT) agonist, acting exclusively at the 5-HT1A receptor, or buspirone, a nonspecific ..
- Dual role of peroxiredoxin I in macrophage-derived foam cellsJames P Conway
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27991-8001. 2006..Specifically, our experiments have identified peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) as one of these up-regulated proteins...
- Oxidation of archaeal peroxiredoxin involves a hypervalent sulfur intermediateTsutomu Nakamura
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka 563 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6238-42. 2008..through a hypervalent sulfur intermediate by presenting crystallographic evidence from an archaeal peroxiredoxin (Prx), the thioredoxin peroxidase from Aeropyrum pernix K1 (ApTPx)...
- Induction of peroxiredoxin gene expression by oxygen in lungs of newborn primatesK C Das
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 25:226-32. 2001Peroxiredoxin (Prx) is an important antioxidant defense enzyme that reduces hydrogen peroxide to molecular oxygen by using reducing equivalents from thioredoxin...
- Differential protein expression of peroxiredoxin I and II by benzo(a)pyrene and quercetin treatment in 22Rv1 and PrEC prostate cell linesAmit Chaudhary
Department of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology Research Program, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, 315 Faser Hall, Box 1848, University, MS 38677, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 220:197-210. 2007..Western blots confirmed that BaP increased peroxiredoxin (Prx) Prx I and decreased Prx II in 22Rv1 cells. Similar results were found in PrEC normal prostate epithelial cells...
- COMe: the ontology of bioinorganic proteinsKirill Degtyarenko
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
BMC Struct Biol 4:3. 2004....
- Direct evidence for the formation of a complex between 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin and glutathione S-transferase pi with activity changes in both enzymesLuis A Ralat
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biochemistry 45:360-72. 2006Glutathione S-transferase pi (GST pi) has been shown to reactivate oxidized 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx, Prx VI, Prdx6, and AOP2)...
- Molecular cloning, characterization and regulation of a peroxiredoxin gene from Schizosaccharomyces pombeGa Young Kang
Division of Life Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, 192 1 Hyoja 2 Dong, Chuncheon, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 35:387-95. 2008A gene encoding a putative peroxiredoxin (Prx) of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe was characterized and its regulation was studied...
- Cloning and functional characterization of a typical 2-Cys peroxiredoxin from southern bluefin tuna (Thunnus maccoyii)Drew L Sutton
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide SA5001, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 156:97-106. 2010..Here we describe the cloning and functional characterization of a Prx 2 cDNA from southern bluefin tuna (SBT, Thunnus maccoyii), an important aquaculture species in South Australia...
- The effects of hexavalent chromium on thioredoxin reductase and peroxiredoxins in human bronchial epithelial cellsJudith M Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 47:1477-85. 2009..The Trx's keep many intracellular proteins reduced, including the peroxiredoxins (Prx's)...
- The type II peroxiredoxin gene family of the mouse: molecular structure, expression and evolutionM J Lim
Molecular, Cellular Biology Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience, Biotechnology, PO Box 115, Yusong, Taejon 305 600, South Korea
Gene 216:197-205. 1998..We isolated genomic DNA sequences of the type II Prx (Prx II) gene from the mouse and analyzed their molecular genetic characteristics...
- Induction of heme-binding protein 23/peroxiredoxin I gene expression by okadaic acid in cultured rat hepatocytesStephan Immenschuh
Institut für Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie der Justus Liebig Universität Giessen, 35392 Giessen, Germany
DNA Cell Biol 21:347-54. 2002Heme-binding protein 23 (HBP23), also termed peroxiredoxin I (Prx I), is an antioxidant protein that is induced by various oxidative stress stimuli...
- Reaction mechanism of plant 2-Cys peroxiredoxin. Role of the C terminus and the quaternary structureJanine König
Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants, University of Bielefeld, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:24409-20. 2003Barley 2-cysteine peroxiredoxin (2-Cys Prx) was analyzed for peroxide reduction, quaternary structure, thylakoid attachment, and function as well as in vivo occurrence of the inactivated form, with emphasis on the role of specific amino ..
- Disruption of the Plasmodium falciparum 2-Cys peroxiredoxin gene renders parasites hypersensitive to reactive oxygen and nitrogen speciesKanako Komaki-Yasuda
Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, 162 8655, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 547:140-4. 2003..Peroxiredoxins (Prx) are ubiquitously distributed antioxidant enzymes...
- Biological effects of pramipexole on dopaminergic neuron-associated genes: relevance to neuroprotectionTianhong Pan
Department of Neurology, Parkinson Disease Research Laboratory, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurosci Lett 377:106-9. 2005Pramipexole (PRX) is a non-ergot dopamine (DA) D2/D3 receptor agonist. Experimental studies have provided evidence that PRX may exert neuroprotective effects on the nigro-striatal system...
- Oxidative stress-dependent structural and functional switching of a human 2-Cys peroxiredoxin isotype II that enhances HeLa cell resistance to H2O2-induced cell deathJeong Chan Moon
Environmental Biotechnology National Core Research Center, Division of Applied Life Sciences BK21 program, Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 280:28775-84. 2005..Here we demonstrated that human (h) PrxII, a cytosolic isotype of human 2-Cys Prx, has dual functions as a peroxidase and a molecular chaperone, and that these different functions are closely ..
- Tissue Prx I in the protection against Fe-NTA and the reduction of nitroxyl radicalsJunya Uwayama
Biomolecular and Integrated Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:226-31. 2006Peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) is a key cytoplasmic peroxidase that reduces intracellular hydroperoxides in concert with thioredoxin...
- Overexpression of mitochondrial peroxiredoxin-3 prevents left ventricular remodeling and failure after myocardial infarction in miceShouji Matsushima
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Circulation 113:1779-86. 2006..We hypothesized that overexpression of the mitochondrial antioxidant, peroxiredoxin-3 (Prx-3), could attenuate this deleterious process.
- The Prx Q protein of Arabidopsis thaliana is a member of the luminal chloroplast proteomeUlrika A Petersson
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Arrhenius Laboratories for Natural Sciences, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS Lett 580:6055-61. 2006..The best-characterized member of the chloroplast peroxiredoxins is 2-Cys Prx that is associated with the stroma side of the thylakoid membrane and is considered to participate in antioxidant ..
- TGF-beta signaling is essential for joint morphogenesisAnna Spagnoli
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Cell Biol 177:1105-17. 2007..factor beta (TGF-beta) signaling in mice lacking the TGF-beta type II receptor gene (Tgfbr2) in their limbs (Tgfbr2(PRX-1KO))...
- Barbiturate therapy for patients with refractory intracranial hypertension following severe traumatic brain injury: its effects on tissue oxygenation, brain temperature and autoregulationJ D Thorat
Acute Brain Injury Research Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, National Neuroscience Institute, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433, Singapore
J Clin Neurosci 15:143-8. 2008..explore the effects of barbiturate coma on cerebral tissue oxygen tension and cerebrovascular pressure reactivity (PRx), as an index of cerebral autoregulation in severe head injury patients...
- Remodeling of motor nerve terminals in demyelinating axons of periaxin-null miceFelipe A Court
Centre for Neuroscience Research, University of Edinburgh, Summerhall and George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, United Kingdom
Glia 56:471-9. 2008..Here we show that in mice lacking functional Periaxin (Prx) genes, a model of a recessive type of CMT disease known as CMT4F, neuromuscular junctions (NMJs) develop ..
- Proteome analysis of aflatoxin B1-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri chinensis) and functional identification of candidate protein peroxiredoxin IIYuan Li
Department of Experimental Pathology, Guangxi Cancer Institute, Nanning, China
Proteomics 8:1490-501. 2008..Peroxiredoxin (Prx) II, one of the candidates with distinct alteration, was further investigated and validated...
- Up-regulation of peroxiredoxin 1 in lung cancer and its implication as a prognostic and therapeutic targetJoo Heon Kim
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2326-33. 2008Peroxiredoxin 1 and 2 are highly homologous members of the Prx (or Prdx) protein family. Prx1 and Prx2 are elevated in several human cancers, and this seems to confer increased treatment resistance and aggressive phenotypes...
- Identification of differentially expressed proteins in the heart of translationally controlled tumor protein over-expressing transgenic miceMyeong Sook Cheon
Department of Herbal Resources Research, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon 305 811, Korea
Biomed Chromatogr 22:1091-9. 2008..We determined protein expression levels of the peroxiredoxin (Prx)2, Prx3, myosin light chain 1, stress protein (heat shock protein) 25K, and T-complex protein 1 alpha subunit by ..
- Identification of potential serum markers for nasopharyngeal carcinoma from a xenografted mouse model using Cy-dye labeling combined with three-dimensional fractionationChih Ching Wu
Proteomics Core Laboratory, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Proteomics 8:3605-20. 2008..We identified peroxiredoxin 2 (Prx-II) and carbonic anhydrase 2 (CA-II) as being elevated in the xenograft mouse model compared to controls...
- Peroxiredoxin-1 from Schistosoma japonicum functions as a scavenger against hydrogen peroxide but not nitric oxideTakashi Kumagai
Section of Environmental Parasitology, Department of International Health Development, Division of Public Health, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, Japan
Mol Biochem Parasitol 164:26-31. 2009Three peroxiredoxins (Prxs) are expressed during most of the developmental stages in the schistosome. Prx-1 is localized on the surface of the schistosomula and adults of Schistosoma japonicum, while Prx-2 is localized in the sub-..
- Monitoring of cerebrovascular autoregulation: facts, myths, and missing linksMarek Czosnyka
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Neurosurgical Unit, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Neurocrit Care 10:373-86. 2009..We review a methodology and clinical application of indices useful for monitoring cerebral autoregulation and pressure-reactivity in various scenarios of neuro-critical care...
- Prediction of outcome utilizing both physiological and biochemical parameters in severe head injuryDavid Low
Department of Neurosurgery, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
J Neurotrauma 26:1177-82. 2009..pressure (ICP), mean arterial pressure (MAP), cerebral perfusion pressure (CPP), and pressure reactivity index (PRx), as well as multimodal monitoring parameters to assess brain tissue oxygenation (PbtO(2)), and microdialysis ..
- Production and radioimmunoimaging of novel fully human phage display recombinant antibodies and growth inhibition of lung adenocarcinoma cell line overexpressing Prx IYi Luo
Department of Radiology, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1369-77. 2009The Peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) is a member of the Peroxiredoxin family, which is overexpressed in many diverse tumor types and is an anti-apoptosis protein for tumor cell proliferation and survival...
- Cloning and characterization of peroxiredoxin in Babesia bovisMiho Tanaka
National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080 8555, Japan
Parasitol Res 105:1473-7. 2009We have identified the 2-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) from a bovine Babesia parasite, B. bovis. Prx is a recently described family of antioxidant enzymes that are highly conserved in eukaryotes and prokaryotes. B...
- Preferential overexpression of glutaredoxin3 in human colon and lung carcinomaMee Kyung Cha
Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, Daejeon 302 735, Republic of Korea
Cancer Epidemiol 33:281-7. 2009..lung cancer tissues were significantly higher when compared to those of all thioredoxin (Trx) and peroxiredoxin (Prx) members...
- Highly expressed genes in a rough-colony-forming phenotype of Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans: implication of a mip-like gene for the invasion of host tissueTakemasa Maeda
Department of Patho physiology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 58:226-36. 2010..technique, three genes, homologous to a macrophage infectivity potentiator gene (mip), peroxiredoxin gene (prx) and outer membrane protein gene (ompA), were identified...
- Enhanced tolerance of transgenic tall fescue plants overexpressing 2-Cys peroxiredoxin against methyl viologen and heat stressesKyung Hee Kim
Division of Applied Life Sciences, BK21 Program, IALS, PMBBRC, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea corrected
Biotechnol Lett 32:571-6. 2010Plant 2-Cys peroxiredoxins (2-Cys Prx) has both peroxidase and chaperon function...
- Alterations in brain antioxidant enzymes and redox proteomic identification of oxidized brain proteins induced by the anti-cancer drug adriamycin: implications for oxidative stress-mediated chemobrainG Joshi
Department of Chemistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA Center of Membrane Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Neuroscience 166:796-807. 2010..Triose phosphate isomerase (TPI), enolase, and peroxiredoxin 1 (PRX-1) showed significantly increased specific carbonylation in ADR treated mice brain...
- Proteomic analysis of lanthanum citrate-induced apoptosis in human cervical carcinoma SiHa cellsLiming Shen
College of Life Sciences, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, 518060, People s Republic of China
Biometals 23:1179-89. 2010..Among them the alerted proteins, Prx I, ANXA1 and TRAF5 were validated by western blotting analyses...
- Proteomic profiles of mouse neuro N2a cells infected with variant virulence of rabies virusesXiaohu Wang
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, 5333 Xi an Road, Changchun 130062, China
J Microbiol Biotechnol 21:366-73. 2011..Specifically, a-enolase, prx-4, vimentin, cytokine-induced apoptosis inhibitor 1 (CIAPIN1) and prx-6 were significantly up-regulated, whereas ..
- Inactivation of a peroxiredoxin by hydrogen peroxide is critical for thioredoxin-mediated repair of oxidized proteins and cell survivalAlison M Day
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, Tyne and Wear, UK
Mol Cell 45:398-408. 2012Eukaryotic 2-Cys peroxiredoxins (Prx) are abundant antioxidant enzymes whose thioredoxin peroxidase activity plays an important role in protecting against oxidative stress, aging, and cancer...
- Potential relationship among three antioxidant enzymes in eliminating hydrogen peroxide in penaeid shrimpDongdong Wang
Experimental Marine Biology Laboratory, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, 266071, China
Cell Stress Chaperones 17:423-33. 2012Antioxidant enzymes, such as glutathione peroxidase (GPx), catalase (CAT), and peroxiredoxin (Prx), are essential components in cells to eliminate excessive reactive oxygen species such as hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2))...
- Assessment of cerebral autoregulation from respiratory oscillations in ventilated patients after traumatic brain injuryPhilip M Lewis
Department of Neurosurgery, Alfred Hospital, Prahran, Australia
Acta Neurochir Suppl 114:141-6. 2012..Monitored data were recorded and PS, TCD autoregulation (Mx) and pressure reactivity (PRx) were calculated using ICM+. PS was computed by peak detection in the ABP/CBFV cross-spectrum...
- The C-terminal extension of chloroplast 2-Cys peroxiredoxin is critical for interaction with ATPDiego Ferrero
Instituto Leloir, IIBBA CONICET, Depto Química Biológica FCEN UBA, Patricias Argentinas 435, C1405BWE Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biochemistry 51:2169-71. 2012..Here, we reveal that the plant counterpart regulates the self-polymerization of 2-Cys Prx triggered by ATP and Mg(2+)...
- Insight into the solubility and dissolution behavior of piroxicam anhydrate and monohydrate formsUrve Paaver
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tartu, Nooruse 1, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Int J Pharm 431:111-9. 2012..sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) on the solubility and dissolution rate of two solid-state forms of piroxicam (PRX), anhydrate (PRXAH) and monohydrate (PRXMH), and (2) to quantitatively assess the solid-phase transformation of ..
- Electron transfer pathways and dynamics of chloroplast NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase C (NTRC)Pilar Bernal-Bayard
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas and Universidad de Sevilla, cicCartuja, Seville, Spain
J Biol Chem 287:33865-72. 2012..features associated with the electron transfer to the thioredoxin module are altered in the presence of 2-Cys Prx. NTRC shows structural constraints that may locate the thioredoxin module in positions with different efficiencies ..
- In the absence of thioredoxins, what are the reductants for peroxiredoxins in Thermotoga maritima?Jeremy Couturier
Unité Mixte de Recherches 1136 INRA Lorraine Université, Interactions Arbres Microorganismes, IFR 110, Faculte des Sciences, Vandoeuvre Cedex, France
Antioxid Redox Signal 18:1613-22. 2013..Mutagenesis of the Prx-Ntr fusion, combined with kinetic and structural analyses, indicated that electrons are not transferred between its ..
- Mapping the active site helix-to-strand conversion of CxxxxC peroxiredoxin Q enzymesArden Perkins
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Biochemistry 51:7638-50. 2012Peroxiredoxins (Prx) make up a family of enzymes that reduce peroxides using a peroxidatic cysteine residue; among these, members of the PrxQ subfamily are proposed to be the most ancestral-like yet are among the least characterized...
- Peroxiredoxin-2 represses melanoma metastasis by increasing E-Cadherin/β-Catenin complexes in adherens junctionsDoo Jae Lee
Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cancer Res 73:4744-57. 2013..Interestingly, the natural compound gliotoxin, which is known to exert a Prx-like activity, inhibited proliferation and migration as well as lung metastasis of Prx2-deficient melanoma cells...
- Characterization of a 2-Cys peroxiredoxin IV in Marsupenaeus japonicus (kuruma shrimp) and its role in the anti-viral immunityXiao Wei Chen
The Key Laboratory of Plant Cell Engineering and Germplasm Innovation of Ministry of Education, School of Life Sciences, Shandong University, 27 Shanda South Road, Jinan, Shandong 250100, China Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Cells and Developmental Biology, School of Life Sciences, Shandong University, 27 Shanda South Road, Jinan, Shandong 250100, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 35:1848-57. 2013Accumulating evidence suggests that peroxiredoxins (Prx) are key molecules in the pathogenesis of various infectious diseases and are potential therapeutic targets for major diseases such as cancers...
- Should the neurointensive care management of traumatic brain injury patients be individualized according to autoregulation status and injury subtype?Ulf Johnson
Department of Neuroscience, Section of Neurosurgery, Uppsala University Hospital, 75185, Uppsala, Sweden
Neurocrit Care 21:259-65. 2014..Pressure reactivity index (PRx) is a measure of autoregulation that has been thoroughly studied, but little is known about its variation in ..
- Dominant role of peroxiredoxin/JNK axis in stemness regulation during neurogenesis from embryonic stem cellsSun Uk Kim
Aging Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon, Republic of Korea Department of Functional Genomics, University of Science and Technology UST, Daejeon, Republic of Korea National Primate Research Center, KRIBB, Chungcheongbuk Do, Republic of Korea Division of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Stem Cells 32:998-1011. 2014..In this study, we demonstrate that peroxiredoxin (Prx) plays a pivotal role in maintenance of ESC stemness during neurogenesis through suppression of reactive oxygen ..
- Characterization and expression analysis of peroxiredoxin family genes from the silkworm Bombyx mori in response to phoxim and chlorpyrifosGui Qin Shi
The College of Food and Biological Engineering, Zhengzhou University of Light Industry, Zhengzhou 450002, China Electronic address
Pestic Biochem Physiol 114:24-31. 2014..Here, five peroxiredoxin (Prx) genes have been identified in silkworm genome, and Prx genes of silkworm and mammalian homologs have apparent ..
- Induced systemic resistance responses in perennial ryegrass against Magnaporthe oryzae elicited by semi-purified surfactin lipopeptides and live cells of Bacillus amyloliquefaciensAlamgir Rahman
Department of Plant Pathology and Environmental Microbiology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, 16802, USA
Mol Plant Pathol 16:546-58. 2015..Moreover, a hypersensitive response (HR)-type reaction and enhanced expression of LpPrx (Prx, peroxidase), LpOXO4 (OXO, oxalate oxidase), LpPAL (PAL, phenylalanine ammonia lyase), LpLOXa (LOX, lipoxygenase), ..
- Multiparameter-based bioassay of 2-(4-chlorophenyl)-4-(4-methoxyphenyl) quinazoline, a newly-synthesized quinazoline derivative, toward Microcystis aeruginosa HAB5100 (cyanobacteria)Yang Zhao
Key Laboratory of Functional Small Organic Molecules, Ministry of Education and College of Life Science, Jiangxi Normal University, Nanchang, 330022, Jiangxi, China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 94:376-81. 2015..Growth was inhibited by CMQ, with a 96 h EC50 of 1.93 ± 0.19 mg L(-1). The up-regulated expression of prx was shown, reflecting that oxidative stress might be a toxic factor of CMQ...
- The Effect of Red Blood Cell Transfusion on Cerebral Autoregulation in Patients with Severe Traumatic Brain InjuryMypinder S Sekhon
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1M9, Canada
Neurocrit Care 23:210-6. 2015..Previous studies have failed to consider alterations in cerebral autoregulation. Our objective was to investigate the effect of RBC transfusion on cerebral autoregulation, as measured by pressure reactivity index (PRx).
- Site-directed mutagenesis substituting cysteine for serine in 2-Cys peroxiredoxin (2-Cys Prx A) of Arabidopsis thaliana effectively improves its peroxidase and chaperone functionsEun Mi Lee
Advanced Radiation Technology Institute, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, 29 Geumgu gil, Jeongeup 580 185, Republic of Korea
Ann Bot 116:713-25. 2015The 2-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) A protein of Arabidopsis thaliana performs the dual functions of a peroxidase and a molecular chaperone depending on its conformation and the metabolic conditions...
- Mitochondrial Respiratory Chain Inhibitors Involved in ROS Production Induced by Acute High Concentrations of Iodide and the Effects of SOD as a Protective FactorLingyan Wang
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2015:217670. 2015..of the mitochondrial fluorescent probe, MitoSOX Red, western blot of mitochondrial ROS scavenger Peroxiredoxin (Prx) 3 and fluorescence immunostaining, ELISA of cleaved caspases 3 and 9, and TUNEL staining, we demonstrated that ..
- Mechanistic Studies of Alkyl Hydroperoxide Reductase and Related Redox ProteinsLeslie B Poole; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have developed expertise in Prx enzymology over more than 15 years of characterizing of Prxs from pathogenic bacteria (e.g...
- W Todd Lowther; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have shown that Srx utilizes a novel nucleotide binding motif and sulfur chemistry to reduce the Prx molecule and were able to identify critical kinetic intermediates in the repair of hyperoxidized PrxII by Srx...
- Mark S Nanes; Fiscal Year: 2014..3Cola1Cre X TgTNF). The effect of Prx knockout in bone on the extent of bone loss, erosions, and inflammation will be determined in the TNF expressing ..
- Aron B Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2016..factor Nrf2, and have developed a model based on lipid binding studies for the coordination of the peroxidase (Prx) and phospholipase (PLA2) activities of the protein. We are now seeking 5 years of support to extend these studies...
- Prx1 in malignant progression of prostate cancerCandace S Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, the effects of Prx expression in human cancers, their influence on cancer therapy, and the regulatory basis of their expression in ..
- Redox control of CD8 T cell proliferation, differentiation and deathJASON MITCHELL GRAYSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..TCR transgenic mice that overexpress both catalase and Cu superoxide dismutase (CAT/SOD) or lack peroxiredoxin II (Prx II -/-) will be used...
- Fiber Cell Cytoskeletal Scaffolds-Role in Lens Architecture and FunctionP Vasantha Rao; Fiscal Year: 2011..This proposal will investigate the function(s) of the PDZ domain protein-Periaxin, a component of the major cortical adhesive complex-EPPD (ezrin-periaxin-periplakin-desmoyokin) in lens fiber ..
- Cyclooxygenases in Skeletal RepairXinping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim1, we will characterizes fracture healing in COX-2f/f;Prx-1Cre and EP4f/-;Prx1Cre mice, in which COX-2 or EP4 receptor are deleted in mesenchymal cells or chondrocytes ..
- NEW HOMEBOX GENES IN SCARLESS FETAL WOUND HEALINGCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 2001..They have cloned two new homeobox genes (PRX-2 and HOXB13) from regenerating wounded human fetal skin which met criteria for influencing fetal skin regeneration...
- HTS Inhibitors:Schistosoma Mansoni Peroxiredoxins(RMI)David Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..Schistosoma mansoni peroxiredoxins (Prx) are important parasite antioxidant proteins that play a crucial role in redox balance mechanisms...
- Glutathione S-Transferases: Novel Regulators of Cellular Stress and ApoptosisROBERTA COLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..the cellular response to oxidative stress, since GSTpi activates the anti-oxidant enzyme 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx);and GSTs influence cell signaling through interactions with Jun N-terminal Kinase (JNK) and Apoptosis Signal-..
- Prx homebox genes in pulmonary vascular homeostasisPeter Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings support the general hypotheses that Prx genes are regulated by changes in cell adhesion to the ECM, and that Prx proteins play key roles in remodeling PM ..
- Phthalate-induced testicular mitochondrial dysfunctionTHOMAS ONORATO; Fiscal Year: 2005..objective are to: (1) test the postulate that MEHP affects testicular expression of the antioxidant peroxiredoxins (Prx), (2) determine whether MEHP exposure leads to Prx3 inactivation in GC, but not in SC, (3) establish whether Prx3 ..
- Peroxiredoxin 1 in radiotherapy of lung cancerYoung Mee Park; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the effects of Prx expression in human cancers, their influence on cancer therapy, and the regulatory basis for their expression in ..
- OUTER MEMBRANE CYTOCHROMES--TOPOLOGY AND FUNCTIONCharles Myers; Fiscal Year: 2002..They will also contribute to environmental health by expanding our knowledge on the mechanisms by which manganese, iron, and various heavy metals are mobilized into water supplies. ..
- A gene map for Biomphalaria glabrata, a S. mansoni hostMatty Knight; Fiscal Year: 2009..glabrata genome. ..
- Human Lung Chromium Toxicity: Role of cytochrome b5Charles Myers; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will provide a deeper understanding of the mechanisms underlying Cr(VI) toxicity in human lung, and will lead to new insights on the role of b5 in toxicant activation [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF HEREDITARY NEURALGIC AMYOTROPHYPHILLIP CHANCE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Moreover, characterization of the HNA gene may have broader pathophysiological and therapeutic implications for more common idiopathic forms of brachial neuropathy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of P-gp in perivascular HIV-1 sanctuary and HAARTDebasis Mondal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies are expected to provide exploratory new information on existence of a perivascular endothelial barrier that may compromise the effectiveness of Pis and allow development of an HTV-1 sanctuary. ..
- Identification and characterization of the ALS4 genePHILLIP CHANCE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim (5) is to develop an animal model of ALS4 by introducing an identified disease-causing mutation into the germline of the mouse by employing either transgenesis or gene targeting. ..
- Redox control of Nrf2/ARE by thioredoxin and GSHJason Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The roles of GSH and cytosolic and nuclear TRX during NRF2 activation and binding will provide an essential foundation for future developmental toxicology. ..
- PROTON MRS STUDIES IN GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDERSanjay Mathew; Fiscal Year: 2008..A specific long-term goal is for the candidate to develop sufficient expertise in MRS to sustain valid and creative application to problems of GAD and related conditions. ..
- TGF-beta Signaling in Mesenchymal ChondroprogenitorsAnna Spagnoli; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the role of TGF-beta in MCC biology will provide a framework for therapeutic manipulations to optimize the use of MCC in cartilage diseases. ..
- MACROPHAGES, DENDRITIC CELLS AND PATHOGENSCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cores provide for BSL3 wet lab and mouse work; microarray analysis of gene expression; computation and comparison of gene expression results; and high throughput screening of chemical libraries. ..