Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRX
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of dopamine agonists and catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibitors in Parkinson's diseaseR Inzelberg
Department of Neurology, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
Clin Neuropharmacol 23:262-6. 2000To compare the efficacy and tolerability of three dopamine agonists--pergolide (PRG), pramipexole (PRX), and ropinirole (ROP)-and two catechol-O-methyltranferase (COMT) inhibitors-tolcapone (TOL) and entacapone (ENT)-as add-on therapies ..
- The peroxiredoxin and glutathione peroxidase families in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiRégine Dayer
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Ueberlandstrasse 133, CH 8600, Duebendorf, Switzerland
Genetics 179:41-57. 2008..PRXs are present in diverse subcellular compartments and divided into four types: 2-cys PRX, 1-cys PRX, PRX-Q, and type II PRX (PRXII)...
- Monitoring of cerebrovascular autoregulation: facts, myths, and missing linksMarek Czosnyka
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Neurosurgical Unit, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Neurocrit Care 10:373-86. 2009..We review a methodology and clinical application of indices useful for monitoring cerebral autoregulation and pressure-reactivity in various scenarios of neuro-critical care...
- Mapping of a new locus for autosomal recessive demyelinating Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease to 19q13.1-13.3 in a large consanguineous Lebanese family: exclusion of MAG as a candidate geneV Delague
Unite de Genetique Medicale, Faculte de Medecine, Université Saint Joseph, Paris, France
Am J Hum Genet 67:236-43. 2000..affecting this family constitutes a previously unknown demyelinating autosomal recessive CMT subtype known as "CMT4F." The myelin-associated glycoprotein (MAG) gene, located on 19q13...
- In vitro oxime reactivation of red blood cell acetylcholinesterase inhibited by methyl-paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 27:168-75. 2007..Pralidoxime (PRX) is the oxime used in the United States...
- Five oximes (K-27, K-33, K-48, BI-6 and methoxime) in comparison with pralidoxime: in vitro reactivation of red blood cell acetylcholinesterase inhibited by paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 26:64-71. 2006Oximes are cholinesterase reactivators of use in poisoning with organophosphorus compounds. Pralidoxime (PRX) is used clinically as an adjunct to atropine in such exposure...
- Effect of pyridostigmine, pralidoxime and their combination on survival and cholinesterase activity in rats exposed to the organophosphate paraoxonGeorg A Petroianu
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, United Arab Emirates University, P O Box 17 666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Arch Toxicol 80:777-84. 2006..POX is a highly toxic non-neuropathic ethyl organophospate. Pralidoxime (PRX) is the enzyme reactivator used by some NATO armies...
- Protective agents in acute high-dose organophosphate exposure: comparison of ranitidine with pralidoxime in ratsG A Petroianu
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Appl Toxicol 25:68-73. 2005..paraoxon, POX) exposure in rats in direct comparison with the therapeutic gold-standard pralidoxime (PRX)...
- Five oximes (K-27, K-33, K-48, BI-6 and methoxime) in comparison with pralidoxime: survival in rats exposed to the organophosphate paraoxonG A Petroianu
UAE University, Al Ain UAE
J Appl Toxicol 26:262-8. 2006Oximes are cholinesterase reactivators used in organophosphorus poisoning. Clinical experience with pralidoxime (PRX) and other oximes is disappointing and their routine use has been questioned...
- Pralidoxime and l-lactate effects in vitro on the inhibition of acetylcholinesterase by paraoxon: pralidoxime does not confer superior protectionG Petroianu
University of Heidelberg at Mannheim, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Maybach Street 14 16, 68169 Mannheim, Germany
J Appl Toxicol 21:7-13. 2001..To assess the practical relevance, if any, of these findings, the protective effects of pralidoxime (PRX) and those of lactate had to be compared in the same in vitro model...
- Characterization of a mammalian peroxiredoxin that contains one conserved cysteineS W Kang
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 273:6303-11. 1998..TPx homologs, termed peroxiredoxin (Prx), have also been identified and include several proteins, designated 1-Cys Prx, that contain only one conserved ..
- Decreased expression of peroxiredoxins in Fuchs' endothelial dystrophyUla V Jurkunas
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2956-63. 2008To compare the relative expression of peroxiredoxin (Prx) proteins in normal human corneal endothelium with endothelium in corneas affected by Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy (FED) and between normal human endothelium and epithelial/stromal ..
- Hyperoxidized peroxiredoxins and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase immunoreactivity and protein levels are changed in the gerbil hippocampal CA1 region after transient forebrain ischemiaIn Koo Hwang
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200 702, South Korea
Neurochem Res 32:1530-8. 2007..present study, we investigated transient ischemia-induced chronological changes in hyperoxidized peroxiredoxins (Prx-SO3) and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH-SO3) immunoreactivity and protein levels in the gerbil ..
- The thiol-based redox networks of pathogens: unexploited targets in the search for new drugsTimo Jaeger
MOLISA GmbH, Molecular Links Sachsen Anhalt, Universitatsplatz 2, D 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Biofactors 27:109-20. 2006..linked via glutaredoxin and plasmoredoxin to terminal thioredoxin peroxidases belonging to both, the peroxiredoxin (Prx) and glutathione peroxidase (GPx) family...
- Supramolecular control of polyplex dissociation and cell transfection: efficacy of amino groups and threading cyclodextrins in biocleavable polyrotaxanesAtsushi Yamashita
School of Materials Science, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1 1 Asahidai, Nomi, Ishikawa 923 1292, Japan
J Control Release 131:137-44. 2008..onto a poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) chain capped with benzyloxycarbonyl-L-tyrosine via disulfide linkages (DMAE-SS-PRX), involves the formation of a stable polyion complex (polyplex) against a counter polyanion and the intracellular ..
- Biomphalaria glabrata peroxiredoxin: effect of schistosoma mansoni infection on differential gene regulationMatty Knight
Biomedical Research Institute, 12111 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 167:20-31. 2009..screened and a partial cDNA encoding an antioxidant enzyme thioredoxin peroxidase (Tpx), or peroxiredoxin (Prx), was identified...
- Characterization of clutathione amide reductase from Chromatium gracile. Identification of a novel thiol peroxidase (Prx/Grx) fueled by glutathione amide redox cyclingB Vergauwen
Laboratory of Protein Biochemistry and Protein Engineering, Gent University, 9000 Gent, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:20890-7. 2001..We suggest GAR to be the newest member of the class I flavoprotein disulfide reductase family of oxidoreductases...
- Divergent light-, ascorbate-, and oxidative stress-dependent regulation of expression of the peroxiredoxin gene family in ArabidopsisFrank Horling
Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry W5, University of Bielefeld, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
Plant Physiol 131:317-25. 2003Peroxiredoxins (prxs) are peroxidases with broad substrate specificity. The seven prx genes expressed in Arabidopsis shoots were analyzed for their expressional response to changing photon fluence rates, oxidative stress, and ascorbate ..
- A chicken homeobox gene related to Drosophila paired is predominantly expressed in the developing limbT Nohno
Department of Pharmacology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki City, Japan
Dev Biol 158:254-64. 1993We identified a homeobox-containing gene, Prx-1, isolated from the chick limb bud cDNA library. The homeodomain sequence is related to Drosophila paired and goose-berry and mouse Pax-3, Pax-6, and Pax-7...
- Paired-related homeobox genes cooperate in handplate and hindlimb zeugopod morphogenesisM F Lu
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Texas A and M University, Houston, Texas, 77030 3303, USA
Dev Biol 205:145-57. 1999The closely related homeobox genes prx-1 and prx-2 are expressed in lateral plate and limb bud mesoderm, but targeted inactivation of these genes failed to demonstrate a limb phenotype...
- Synergistic action of piroxicam on the eicosapentaenoic acid-induced apoptosis is associated with enhanced down-regulation of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 expression but not promoted activation of pro-apoptotic Bid proteinLawrence C M Chiu
Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, P R China
Oncol Rep 11:225-30. 2004..In this study, effect of piroxicam (PRX), a COX inhibitor, on the EPA-induced apoptosis in HL-60 cells was investigated...
- Ol-Prx 3, a member of an additional class of homeobox genes, is unimodally expressed in several domains of the developing and adult central nervous system of the medaka (Oryzias latipes)J S Joly
Laboratoire de Genetique des Poissons, Domaine de Vilvert, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Jouy en Josas, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:12987-92. 1997..In this context, we report the characterization of Ol-Prx 3 (Oryzias latipes-Prx 3)...
- Cerebrovascular reactivity during hypothermia and rewarmingA Lavinio
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Academic Neurosurgical Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Anaesth 99:237-44. 2007..The effects of hypothermia and subsequent rewarming on cerebral vasoreactivity in human TBI are unknown...
- Continuous monitoring of cerebrovascular pressure reactivity in patients with head injuryChristian Zweifel
Academic Neurosurgical Unit, University of Cambridge Clinical School, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Neurosurg Focus 25:E2. 2008..A cerebrovascular pressure reactivity index (PRx) can be determined as the moving correlation coefficient between mean intracranial pressure (ICP) and mean arterial ..
- The effects of acrolein on peroxiredoxins, thioredoxins, and thioredoxin reductase in human bronchial epithelial cellsCharles R Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Toxicology 257:95-104. 2009..Trx1) and mitochondrial (Trx2) thioredoxins in the reduced state, and the thioredoxins keep the peroxiredoxins (Prx) reduced, thereby supporting their peroxidase function...
- PRX-08066, a novel 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B antagonist, reduces monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy in ratsStacy L Porvasnik
Department of Pediatrics, Powell Gene Therapy Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0266, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 334:364-72. 2010..5-((4-(6-Chlorothieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4-ylamino)piperidin-1-yl)methyl)-2-fluorobenzonitrile monofumarate (PRX-08066) is a selective 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B (5-HT2BR) antagonist that causes selective vasodilation of ..
- Fluorescence quenching of Acridine Orange in microemulsions induced by the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug PiroxicamSuzana M Andrade
Centro de Quimica Estrutural, Complexo 1, Instituto Superior Tecnico, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
Photochem Photobiol Sci 2:605-10. 2003..quenching of Acridine Orange (AO) by methyl viologen (MV2+) and the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug Piroxicam (Prx), incorporated in sodium bis(2-ethylhexyl) sulfosuccinate (AOT)/isooctane/water and Triton X-100 (Trx-100)/..
- Broad specificity AhpC-like peroxiredoxin and its thioredoxin reductant in the sparse antioxidant defense system of Treponema pallidumDerek Parsonage
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:6240-5. 2010..Although this Tp peroxiredoxin (Prx) closely resembles AhpC-like Prxs, Tp lacks AhpF, the typical reductant for such enzymes...
- Insights into the catalytic mechanism of the Bcp family: functional and structural analysis of Bcp1 from Sulfolobus solfataricusKatia D'Ambrosio
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini CNR, Via Mezzocannone 16, 80134 Naples, Italy
Proteins 76:995-1006. 2009Bcps constitute a group of antioxidant enzymes, belonging to the Prx family, that are widely distributed in bacteria, plants, and fungi. These proteins can contain two conserved cysteines within the CXXXXC motif...
- Crystal structure of an archaeal peroxiredoxin from the aerobic hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon Aeropyrum pernix K1Eiichi Mizohata
RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Mol Biol 354:317-29. 2005..We present here the X-ray crystal structure of an archaeal Prx from the aerobic hyperthermophilic crenarchaeon, Aeropyrum pernix K1, determined at 2.3 A resolution (Rwork of 17...
- The function of peroxiredoxins in plant organelle redox metabolismKarl Josef Dietz
Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants, W5 134, Bielefeld University, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Exp Bot 57:1697-709. 2006In 1996, cDNA sequences referred to as plant peroxiredoxins (Prx), i.e. a 1-Cys Prx and a 2-Cys Prx, were reported from barley...
- Association between intracranial, arterial pulse pressure amplitudes and cerebral autoregulation in head injury patientsP K Eide
Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Neurol Res 29:578-82. 2007....
- Towards clarification of the inhibitory mechanism of wheat bran leachate on Microcystis aeruginosa NIES-843 (Cyanobacteria): physiological responsesJihai Shao
Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 430072 Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Ecotoxicology 19:1634-41. 2010..D1 protein of photosynthetic processes (psbA), synthesis of microcystins (mcyB), antioxidant protein peroxiredoxin (prx), synthesis of fatty acid (fabZ) and the repair of biological macromolecules (recA, grpE) were studied...
- Four thiol peroxidases contain a conserved GCT catalytic motif and act as a versatile array of lipid peroxidases in Anabaena sp. PCC7120Mee Kyung Cha
Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, 439 6 Doma 2 Dong Seo Gu, Taejon 302 735, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1736-48. 2007..genome contains seven open reading frames with homology to thiol peroxidase (TPx), also known as peroxiredoxin (Prx)...
- Modeling human peroxisome biogenesis disorders in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansHeather Thieringer
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08554, USA
J Cell Sci 116:1797-804. 2003..green fluorescent protein reporter targeted to the peroxisome, we establish that peroxisomal import is impaired in prx-5(RNAi) nematodes...
- Removal of hydrogen peroxide by a 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin enzyme of the filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitisR Chandrashekar
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Parasitol Res 86:200-6. 2000..of studies carried out on the biochemical activity and on immunolocalization of a recombinant peroxiredoxin (Prx) enzyme from the dog filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitis...
- Identification of a new type of mammalian peroxiredoxin that forms an intramolecular disulfide as a reaction intermediateM S Seo
Laboratory of Cell Signaling and Department of Extramural Affairs, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 275:20346-54. 2000Peroxidases of the peroxiredoxin (Prx) family contain a Cys residue that is preceded by a conserved sequence in the NH(2)-terminal region...
- A vacuolar class III peroxidase and the metabolism of anticancer indole alkaloids in Catharanthus roseus: Can peroxidases, secondary metabolites and arabinogalactan proteins be partners in microcompartmentation of cellular reactions?Mariana Sottomayor
IBMC Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular Universidade do Porto Porto Portugal
Plant Signal Behav 3:899-901. 2008..Recently, in a classical function-to-protein-to-gene approach, we have characterized the main class III peroxidase (Prx) expressed in C. roseus leaves, CrPrx1, implicated in a key biosynthetic step of the anticancer alkaloids...
- Peroxiredoxin IV regulates pro-inflammatory responses in large yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena crocea) and protects against bacterial challengeSuhong Yu
Key Laboratory of Marine Biogenetic Resources, Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, Xiamen 361005, PR China
J Proteome Res 9:1424-36. 2010..Three Prx family members, namely, Prx I, Prx II, and Prx IV, were upregulated after treatment with the vaccine, indicating ..
- Evaluation of hepatic changes and local and systemic immune responses in goats immunized with recombinant Peroxiredoxin (Prx) and challenged with Fasciola hepaticaRicardo E Mendes
Department of Anatomy and Comparative Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cordoba, Animal Health Building, Campus Rabanales, Cordoba, Spain
Vaccine 28:2832-40. 2010Protection against Fasciola hepatica in goats immunized with Peroxiredoxin (Prx) was assessed...
- Proteome analysis of aflatoxin B1-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in tree shrew (Tupaia belangeri chinensis) and functional identification of candidate protein peroxiredoxin IIYuan Li
Department of Experimental Pathology, Guangxi Cancer Institute, Nanning, China
Proteomics 8:1490-501. 2008..Peroxiredoxin (Prx) II, one of the candidates with distinct alteration, was further investigated and validated...
- Novel protective mechanism against irreversible hyperoxidation of peroxiredoxin: Nalpha-terminal acetylation of human peroxiredoxin IIJae Ho Seo
School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:13455-65. 2009..Our comparative study of hyperoxidation and regeneration of Prx I and Prx II in HeLa cells revealed that Prx II is more susceptible than Prx I to hyperoxidation and that the ..
- PRX-00023, a selective serotonin 1A receptor agonist, reduces ultrasonic vocalizations in infant rats bred for high infantile anxietySusan A Brunelli
Division of Developmental Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 94:8-15. 2009..infants (pups: Postnatal Day 11+/-1) were compared to those of randomly-bred controls in response to EPIX compound PRX-00023, a unique serotonin (5-HT) agonist, acting exclusively at the 5-HT1A receptor, or buspirone, a nonspecific ..
- Oxidation of archaeal peroxiredoxin involves a hypervalent sulfur intermediateTsutomu Nakamura
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ikeda, Osaka 563 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6238-42. 2008..through a hypervalent sulfur intermediate by presenting crystallographic evidence from an archaeal peroxiredoxin (Prx), the thioredoxin peroxidase from Aeropyrum pernix K1 (ApTPx)...
- Dual role of peroxiredoxin I in macrophage-derived foam cellsJames P Conway
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27991-8001. 2006..Specifically, our experiments have identified peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) as one of these up-regulated proteins...
- Induction of peroxiredoxin gene expression by oxygen in lungs of newborn primatesK C Das
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 25:226-32. 2001Peroxiredoxin (Prx) is an important antioxidant defense enzyme that reduces hydrogen peroxide to molecular oxygen by using reducing equivalents from thioredoxin...
- Differential protein expression of peroxiredoxin I and II by benzo(a)pyrene and quercetin treatment in 22Rv1 and PrEC prostate cell linesAmit Chaudhary
Department of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology Research Program, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, 315 Faser Hall, Box 1848, University, MS 38677, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 220:197-210. 2007..Western blots confirmed that BaP increased peroxiredoxin (Prx) Prx I and decreased Prx II in 22Rv1 cells. Similar results were found in PrEC normal prostate epithelial cells...
- Molecular cloning, characterization and regulation of a peroxiredoxin gene from Schizosaccharomyces pombeGa Young Kang
Division of Life Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, 192 1 Hyoja 2 Dong, Chuncheon, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 35:387-95. 2008A gene encoding a putative peroxiredoxin (Prx) of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe was characterized and its regulation was studied...
- COMe: the ontology of bioinorganic proteinsKirill Degtyarenko
European Bioinformatics Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SD, United Kingdom
BMC Struct Biol 4:3. 2004....
- Cloning and functional characterization of a typical 2-Cys peroxiredoxin from southern bluefin tuna (Thunnus maccoyii)Drew L Sutton
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, GPO Box 2100, Adelaide SA5001, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 156:97-106. 2010..Here we describe the cloning and functional characterization of a Prx 2 cDNA from southern bluefin tuna (SBT, Thunnus maccoyii), an important aquaculture species in South Australia...
- Direct evidence for the formation of a complex between 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin and glutathione S-transferase pi with activity changes in both enzymesLuis A Ralat
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biochemistry 45:360-72. 2006Glutathione S-transferase pi (GST pi) has been shown to reactivate oxidized 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx, Prx VI, Prdx6, and AOP2)...
- Peroxiredoxin-1 from Schistosoma japonicum functions as a scavenger against hydrogen peroxide but not nitric oxideTakashi Kumagai
Section of Environmental Parasitology, Department of International Health Development, Division of Public Health, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School, Japan
Mol Biochem Parasitol 164:26-31. 2009Three peroxiredoxins (Prxs) are expressed during most of the developmental stages in the schistosome. Prx-1 is localized on the surface of the schistosomula and adults of Schistosoma japonicum, while Prx-2 is localized in the sub-..
- The effects of hexavalent chromium on thioredoxin reductase and peroxiredoxins in human bronchial epithelial cellsJudith M Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 47:1477-85. 2009..The Trx's keep many intracellular proteins reduced, including the peroxiredoxins (Prx's)...
- Distribution of Prx-linked hydroperoxide reductase activity among microorganismsKouji Takeda
Department of Bioscience, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Tokyo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:20-7. 2004Peroxiredoxin (Prx) constitutes a large family of enzymes found in microorganisms, animals, and plants, but the detection of the activities of Prx-linked hydroperoxide reductases (peroxiredoxin reductases) in cell extracts, and the ..
- Proteomics viewed on stress response of thermophilic bacterium Bacillus stearothermophilus TLS33Supachai Topanurak
Institute of Biological Chemistry and Genomics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Proteomics 5:3722-30. 2005..There are four isoforms of peroxiredoxin, denoted as Prx I, Prx II, Prx III and Prx IV, which are observed at the same molecular weight of 27 kDa but differ in pI values of ..
- Effects of xenon and hypothermia on cerebrovascular pressure reactivity in newborn global hypoxic-ischemic pig modelElavazhagan Chakkarapani
Neonatal Neuroscience, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 33:1752-60. 2013..We investigated whether cerebrovascular pressure reactivity (PRx), an element of cerebral autoregulation that is calculated as a moving correlation coefficient between averages of ..
- Vesicular transport route of horseradish C1a peroxidase is regulated by N- and C-terminal propeptides in tobacco cellsT Matsui
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama cho, Ikoma shi, 630 0101 Nara, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 62:517-22. 2003Peroxidases (PRX, EC 22.214.171.124) are widely distributed across microorganisms, plants, and animals; and, in plants, they have been implicated in a variety of secondary metabolic reactions...
- Variable overoxidation of peroxiredoxins in human lung cells in severe oxidative stressSiri T Lehtonen
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L997-1001. 2005..Prxs I-IV form dimers held together by disulfide bonds, Prx V forms intramolecular bond, but the mechanism of Prx VI, so-called 1-Cys Prx, is still unclear...
- Crystal structure and solution NMR dynamics of a D (type II) peroxiredoxin glutaredoxin and thioredoxin dependent: a new insight into the peroxiredoxin oligomerismAude Echalier
LCM3B, Groupe Biocristallographie, Université Henri Poincaré Nancy1, UMR CNRS 7036, 54506 Vandoeuvre, France
Biochemistry 44:1755-67. 2005..We present here a combined X-ray and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) study of a plant Prx that belongs to the D-Prx (type II) subfamily...
- Characterization of cerebrovascular reactivity after craniectomy for acute brain injuryE C Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
Br J Neurosurg 20:24-30. 2006..It has been previously demonstrated that the pressure-reactivity index (PRx) can be used to reflect global cerebrovascular reactivity with changes in ABP...
- Synergistic effect of peroxiredoxin II antisense on cisplatin-induced cell deathYoung Do Yo
Korea University Cancer Institute, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Exp Mol Med 34:273-7. 2002Peroxiredoxin II (Prx II) is known not only to protect cells from oxidative damage caused by hydrogen peroxide (H202), but also to endow cancer cells with resistance to both H202 and cisplatin and to grant them radioresistance...
- Expression of cytosolic peroxiredoxins in Plasmodium berghei ookinetes is regulated by environmental factors in the mosquito bloodmealBenjamin A Turturice
Department of Biology, Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003136. 2013..cytosolic antioxidant proteins, thioredoxin-1 (Trx-1), peroxiredoxin-1 (TPx-1), and 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx), in developing ookinetes of the rodent parasite Plasmodium berghei under various growth conditions...
- Impaired cerebrovascular reactivity after acute traumatic brain injury can be detected by wavelet phase coherence analysis of the intracranial and arterial blood pressure signalsPer Kvandal
Intensive Care Unit, Oslo University Hospital, 0407, Ulleval, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Monit Comput 27:375-83. 2013..Patients were separated into normal or impaired cerebrovascular reactivity, based on the pressure reactivity index (PRx)...
- Secretory expression and characterization of a novel peroxiredoxin for zearalenone detoxification in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYuqian Tang
College of Light Industry and Food Sciences, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
Microbiol Res 168:6-11. 2013..ZEN is oxidized into smaller estrogenic metabolites by a novel peroxiredoxin (Prx) isolated from Acinetobacter sp. SM04...
- Self-construction of supramolecular polyrotaxane films by an electrotriggered morphogen-driven processGaulthier Rydzek
INSERM, UMR S 1121, Biomatériaux et Bioingénierie, 11 rue Humann, F 67085 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Langmuir 29:10776-84. 2013..Herein we describe the preparation of one-pot supramolecular polyrotaxane (PRX) films using the morphogen-driven self-construction process...
- Chloroplast NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase from Chlorella vulgaris alleviates environmental stresses in yeast together with 2-Cys peroxiredoxinTakeshi Machida
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e45988. 2012Chloroplast NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase (NTRC) catalyzes the reduction of 2-Cys peroxiredoxin (2-Cys Prx) and, thus, probably functions as an antioxidant system...
- Peroxiredoxin II is essential for preventing hemolytic anemia from oxidative stress through maintaining hemoglobin stabilityYing Hao Han
KRIBB, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 426:427-32. 2012..Here, we investigated the potential role of peroxiredoxin II (Prx II) in preventing Hb aggregation induced by reactive oxygen species (ROS) using Prx II knockout mice and RBCs of ..
- Thioredoxin reductase deficiency potentiates oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfunction and cell death in dopaminergic cellsPamela Lopert
Neuroscience Program, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e50683. 2012..H₂O₂) in a substrate- and respiration-dependent manner predominantly via the thioredoxin/peroxiredoxin (Trx/Prx) system. The goal of this study was to determine the role of Trx/Prx system in dopaminergic cell death...
- Late-onset Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease 4F caused by periaxin gene mutationShoko Tokunaga
Department of Neurology and Geriatrics, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima City, Kagoshima, Japan
Neurogenetics 13:359-65. 2012..PRX mutations usually lead to early-onset, autosomal-recessive demyelinating CMT neuropathy 4F (CMT4F) or Dejerine-Sottas disease; their clinical phenotypes are severe...
- NTRC and chloroplast-generated reactive oxygen species regulate Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato disease development in tomato and ArabidopsisYasuhiro Ishiga
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:294-306. 2012..Loss-of-function analysis of Prx and NADPH-dependent thioredoxin reductase C (NTRC), the central players of a chloroplast redox detoxification ..
- Protein glutathionylation in the regulation of peroxiredoxins: a family of thiol-specific peroxidases that function as antioxidants, molecular chaperones, and signal modulatorsHo Zoon Chae
School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
Antioxid Redox Signal 16:506-23. 2012..Typical 2-Cys Prx also functions as a molecular chaperone when it exists as a decamer and/or higher molecular weight complexes...
- Molecular and functional properties of three different peroxiredoxin isotypes in Chinese cabbageSun Young Kim
Division of Applied Life Sciences Brain Korea 21 Program, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea
Mol Cells 33:27-33. 2012..The three Prx isotypes of Chinese cabbage, namely C1C-Prx, C2C-Prx, and C-PrxII, have recently been identified and characterized...
- Post-nuclear gene delivery events for transgene expression by biocleavable polyrotaxanesYuma Yamada
Laboratory for Molecular Design of Pharmaceutics, Hokkaido University, Kita 12, Nishi 6, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Biomaterials 33:3952-8. 2012..exists between the efficiency of DNA release and transfection activity, when biocleavable polyrotaxanes (DMAE-SS-PRX), in which the cationic density can be easily controlled...
- Peroxiredoxin I is a negative regulator of Th2-dominant allergic asthmaKen ichiro Inoue
Environmental Health Sciences Division, National Institute for Environmental Studies, 16 2 Onogawa, Tsukuba 305 8506, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 9:1281-8. 2009Peroxiredoxin (Prx) I, a ubiquitous antioxidant enzyme, is known to protect against inflammation; however, its role in the allergic inflammation remains unidentified...
- A colorimetric assay for sulfiredoxin activity using inorganic phosphate measurementHojin Kim
Department of Life Science, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Center for Cell Signaling and Drug Discovery Research, Ewha Womans University, 11 1 Daehyun Dong, Seodaemun gu Seoul 120 750, South Korea
Anal Biochem 393:36-40. 20092-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) is the major subgroup of a family of Prx enzymes that reduce peroxide molecules such as hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2))...
- Continuous monitoring of cerebrovascular pressure reactivity after traumatic brain injury in childrenKen M Brady
Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Department of aAnesthesiology and Critical Care, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Pediatrics 124:e1205-12. 2009We hypothesized that pressure reactivity index (PRx) values indicating preserved cerebrovascular pressure autoregulation would be associated with survival in children with traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Isoform-specific downregulation of peroxiredoxin in human failing myocardiumKlara Brixius
Department of Molecular and Cellular Sport Medicine, Institute of Cardiology and Sport Medicine, German Sport University, Germany
Life Sci 81:823-31. 2007Peroxiredoxins (Prx) are a family of antioxidant thioredoxin or glutathione dependent peroxidases...
- Characterization of the murine gene encoding 1-Cys peroxiredoxin and identification of highly homologous genesT H Lee
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, PO Box 115, Yusong, Taejon 305 600, South Korea
Gene 234:337-44. 1999A new type of peroxiredoxin, named 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx), reduces hydrogen peroxide with the use of electrons from unidentified electron donor(s)...
- A theoretical and spectroscopic study of conformational structures of piroxicamKely Ferreira de Souza
Instituto de Quimica, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, PO Box 6154, 13083 970 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 75:901-7. 2010Piroxicam (PRX) has been widely studied in an attempt to elucidate the causes and mechanisms of its side effects, mainly the photo-toxicity...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of two genes encoding 2-Cys peroxiredoxins from Fasciola giganticaKulathida Chaithirayanon
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Rd, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Exp Parasitol 125:106-13. 2010In Fasciola species, peroxiredoxin (Prx) serves as the major antioxidant enzyme to remove hydrogen peroxide that is generated from various metabolic reactions, because the parasites lack catalase, and only express glutathione peroxidases ..
- Deglutathionylation of 2-Cys peroxiredoxin is specifically catalyzed by sulfiredoxinJi Won Park
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Biochemistry and Biophysics Center, Division of Intramural Research, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8012, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23364-74. 2009..We show that deglutathionylation of 2-Cys Prx, a family of peroxidases, is specifically catalyzed by Srx...
- Protein engineering of the quaternary sulfiredoxin.peroxiredoxin enzyme.substrate complex reveals the molecular basis for cysteine sulfinic acid phosphorylationThomas J Jönsson
Center for Structural Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Biol Chem 284:33305-10. 2009Oxidative stress can damage the active site cysteine of the antioxidant enzyme peroxiredoxin (Prx) to the sulfinic acid form, Prx-SO(2)(-). This modification leads to inactivation...
- Glucose transporter protein 1 expression in mucoepidermoid carcinoma of salivary gland: correlation with grade of malignancyAna P D Demasi
Department of Oral Pathology, São Leopoldo Mandic Research Center, Campinas, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 91:107-13. 2010..immunohistochemistry the expression of glucose transporter 1 (Glut-1), mitochondrial antigen and peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) in samples of MEC from different histological grades...
- Peroxiredoxin I regulates the component expression of γ-secretase complex causing the Alzheimer's diseaseYoung Ju Lee
Department of Biomaterials Science, College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Pusan National University, Miryang, Korea
Lab Anim Res 27:293-9. 2011Peroxiredoxin I (Prx I) is a member of the peroxiredoxins (Prxs) family, which are antioxidant enzymes that regulate various cellular process via intracellular oxidative signal pathways...
- Peroxiredoxin-2 upregulated by NF-κB attenuates oxidative stress during the differentiation of muscle-derived C2C12 cellsHyeran Won
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology BK21 project, Medical Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species and Biomedical Science Institute, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Antioxid Redox Signal 16:245-61. 2012..Peroxiredoxin-2 (Prx-2) is an abundant mammalian enzyme that protects against oxidative stress...
- Identification and characterization of alternatively transcribed form of peroxiredoxin IV gene that is specifically expressed in spermatids of postpubertal mouse testisSun Hee Yim
Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Biol Chem 286:39002-12. 2011..In the case of Prx I-III, the disulfide is reduced by thioredoxin, thus enabling these proteins to function as peroxidases...
- Oligomeric peroxiredoxin-I is an essential intermediate for p53 to activate MST1 kinase and apoptosisA Morinaka
Laboratory of Intracellular Signaling, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Oncogene 30:4208-18. 2011..However, the mechanism underlying MST1 activation by H₂O₂ remains unknown. Here we show that peroxiredoxin-I (PRX-I) is an essential intermediate in H₂O₂-induced MST1 activation and cisplatin-induced cell death through p53...
- 5-HT(4) receptor agonist mediated enhancement of cognitive function in vivo and amyloid precursor protein processing in vitro: A pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic assessmentFei Shen
Department of Pharmacology, Theravance Inc, 901 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Neuropharmacology 61:69-79. 2011..In this study, the preclinical properties of three structurally-distinct 5-HT(4) receptor selective agonists, PRX-03140, velusetrag and TD-8954, were studied to assess their potential for symptomatic and disease-modifying benefit ..
- Concerted action of sulfiredoxin and peroxiredoxin I protects against alcohol-induced oxidative injury in mouse liverSoo Han Bae
Department of Life Science, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Hepatology 53:945-53. 2011..The active site cysteine residue of members of the 2-Cys Prx subgroup (Prx I to IV) of Prxs is hyperoxidized to cysteine sulfinic acid (Cys-SO(2) ) during catalysis with ..
- The intracellular redox stress caused by hexavalent chromium is selective for proteins that have key roles in cell survival and thiol redox controlJudith M Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Toxicology 281:37-47. 2011..irreversible inhibition of thioredoxin reductase (TrxR) and the oxidation of thioredoxins (Trx) and peroxiredoxins (Prx)...
- The dual-targeted plant sulfiredoxin retroreduces the sulfinic form of atypical mitochondrial peroxiredoxinIván Iglesias-Baena
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology of Plants, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, E 18008, Granada, Spain
Plant Physiol 155:944-55. 2011..In plants, Srx as well as typical 2-cysteine Prx have been considered as enzymes with exclusive chloroplast localization...
- Peroxiredoxin III protects pancreatic ß cells from apoptosisGabriele Wolf
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Greifswald, Klinikum, Sauerbruchstrasse, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
J Endocrinol 207:163-75. 2010..For this reason, there is a considerable interest in the mitochondrial peroxiredoxin III (PRX III), a thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase, which was shown to be able to protect against both oxidative and ..
- Evaluation of the cerebrovascular pressure reactivity index using non-invasive finapres arterial blood pressureM Kasprowicz
Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Physiol Meas 31:1217-28. 2010A pressure reactivity index (PRx) can be assessed in patients with continuous monitoring of arterial blood pressure (ABP) and intracranial pressure (ICP) as a moving correlation coefficient between slow fluctuations of these two signals ..
- Modulation of the human homeobox genes PRX-2 and HOXB13 in scarless fetal woundsE J Stelnicki
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Invest Dermatol 111:57-63. 1998..Two novel human homeobox genes, PRX-2 and HOXB13, were identified that were differentially expressed during fetal versus adult wound healing...
- Microglial peroxiredoxin V acts as an inducible anti-inflammatory antioxidant through cooperation with redox signaling cascadesHu Nan Sun
Aging Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
J Neurochem 114:39-50. 2010..We demonstrate that microglial peroxiredoxin (Prx) 5 expression is up-regulated by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) through activation of the ROS-sensitive signaling pathway ..
- Cloning of the peroxiredoxin gene family in rats and characterization of the fourth memberA Matsumoto
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
FEBS Lett 443:246-50. 1999Peroxiredoxin (PRx) exhibits thioredoxin-dependent peroxidase activity and constitutes a family of proteins...
- The influence of a pre-exercise sports drink (PRX) on factors related to maximal aerobic performanceAllyn Byars
Department of Kinesiology, Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX 76909, USA
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 7:12. 2010Pre-exercise sports drinks (PRX) are commonly used as ergogenic aids in athletic competitions requiring aerobic power. However, in most cases, claims regarding their effectiveness have not been substantiated...
- Upregulation of peroxiredeoxin III in the hippocampus of acute immobilization stress model rats and the Foxo3a-dependent expression in PC12 cellsHee Jeong Jeong
Department of Pediatrics, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, South Korea
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:1041-6. 2011..This study investigated whether acute stress altered the expression pattern of peroxiredoxin (Prx) III, which is an antioxidant enzyme that controls cytokine-induced peroxide levels...
- Characterization of plant sulfiredoxin and role of sulphinic form of 2-Cys peroxiredoxinIván Iglesias-Baena
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology of Plants, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, C Profesor Albareda 1, E 18008 Granada, Spain
J Exp Bot 61:1509-21. 2010The antioxidant function of 2-Cys peroxiredoxin (Prx) involves the oxidation of its conserved peroxidatic cysteine to sulphenic acid that is recycled by a reductor agent...
- Silencing the Peroxiredoxin III gene inhibits cell proliferation in breast cancerPei Jou Chua
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, and Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital, MD10, S 117 597, Singapore
Int J Oncol 36:359-64. 2010Peroxiredoxin III (Prx III), an antioxidant protein found in mitochondria, plays an essential role in mitochondrial homeostasis. Aberrant expression of Prx III has been implicated in the tumorigenesis of various cancers...
- ICM+, a flexible platform for investigations of cerebrospinal dynamics in clinical practiceP Smielewski
Neurosurgery Unit, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospital, Level 4, A Block, Cambridge CB0 2QQ, UK
Acta Neurochir Suppl 102:145-51. 2008..For technically minded researchers there is a plug-in mechanism facilitating registration of third party libraries of functions and analysis tools...
- NEW HOMEBOX GENES IN SCARLESS FETAL WOUND HEALINGCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 2001..They have cloned two new homeobox genes (PRX-2 and HOXB13) from regenerating wounded human fetal skin which met criteria for influencing fetal skin regeneration...
- HTS Inhibitors:Schistosoma Mansoni Peroxiredoxins(RMI)David Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..Schistosoma mansoni peroxiredoxins (Prx) are important parasite antioxidant proteins that play a crucial role in redox balance mechanisms...
- Prx homebox genes in pulmonary vascular homeostasisPeter Jones; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings support the general hypotheses that Prx genes are regulated by changes in cell adhesion to the ECM, and that Prx proteins play key roles in remodeling PM ..
- Glutathione S-Transferases: Novel Regulators of Cellular Stress and ApoptosisROBERTA COLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..the cellular response to oxidative stress, since GSTpi activates the anti-oxidant enzyme 1-Cys peroxiredoxin (1-Cys Prx);and GSTs influence cell signaling through interactions with Jun N-terminal Kinase (JNK) and Apoptosis Signal-..
- Phthalate-induced testicular mitochondrial dysfunctionTHOMAS ONORATO; Fiscal Year: 2005..objective are to: (1) test the postulate that MEHP affects testicular expression of the antioxidant peroxiredoxins (Prx), (2) determine whether MEHP exposure leads to Prx3 inactivation in GC, but not in SC, (3) establish whether Prx3 ..
- Peroxiredoxin 1 in radiotherapy of lung cancerYoung Mee Park; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the effects of Prx expression in human cancers, their influence on cancer therapy, and the regulatory basis for their expression in ..
- Prx1 in malignant progression of prostate cancerCandace S Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, the effects of Prx expression in human cancers, their influence on cancer therapy, and the regulatory basis of their expression in ..
- PROTON MRS STUDIES IN GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDERSanjay Mathew; Fiscal Year: 2008..A specific long-term goal is for the candidate to develop sufficient expertise in MRS to sustain valid and creative application to problems of GAD and related conditions. ..
- MACROPHAGES, DENDRITIC CELLS AND PATHOGENSCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cores provide for BSL3 wet lab and mouse work; microarray analysis of gene expression; computation and comparison of gene expression results; and high throughput screening of chemical libraries. ..
- TGF-beta Signaling in Mesenchymal ChondroprogenitorsAnna Spagnoli; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the role of TGF-beta in MCC biology will provide a framework for therapeutic manipulations to optimize the use of MCC in cartilage diseases. ..