Genomes and Genes
pre T cell receptor alpha chain
Gene Symbol: pre T cell receptor alpha chain
Description: pre T-cell antigen receptor alpha
Alias: PT-ALPHA, PTA, pre T-cell antigen receptor alpha, pT-alpha-TCR, pre-T-cell receptor alpha chain
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1 glycoproteins gp120 and gp160 specifically inhibit the CD3/T cell-antigen receptor phosphoinositide transduction pathwayD Cefai
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Group Hospitalier GH Pitié Salpétrière, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 86:2117-24. 1990....
- Extrathymic TCR gene rearrangement in human small intestine: identification of new splice forms of recombination activating gene-1 mRNA with selective tissue expressionAnna Bas
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Division for Immunology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Immunol 171:3359-71. 2003..This seems to be achieved by two parallel processes, extrathymic T cell development and peripheral Ag-driven TCR editing...
- [Transluminal angioplasty in renovascular hypertension with renal insufficiency]X Jeunemaitre
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:217-20. 1988From 1985 to 1986, 71 patients with renovascular hypertension were treated by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA)...
- Extraosseous blood supply of the tibia and the effects of different plating techniques: a human cadaveric studyJoseph Borrelli
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Orthop Trauma 16:691-5. 2002..To describe the extraosseous blood supply of the tibia and how the blood supply of the distal tibia is influenced by different plating techniques...
- Presbycusis and phonemic regressionJ Tyberghein
Department ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, UZ Leuven, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 50:85-90. 1996..In older subjects (more than 50 years) with a normal PTA or with a high frequency hearing loss, the speech intelligibility is better in a silent than in a noisy environment ..
- Lessons learned from more than 1,000 pancreas transplants at a single institutionD E Sutherland
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Ann Surg 233:463-501. 2001..To determine outcome in diabetic pancreas transplant recipients according to risk factors and the surgical techniques and immunosuppressive protocols that evolved during a 33-year period at a single institution...
- Intratympanic dexamethasone for sudden sensorineural hearing loss after failure of systemic therapyDavid S Haynes
Vanderbilt University Medical Center The Otology Group of Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Laryngoscope 117:3-15. 2007..We reviewed our experience with intratympanic steroids in the treatment of patients with sudden SNHL to determine overall success, morbidity, and prognostic factors...
- Purification and characterization of two extremely thermostable enzymes, phosphate acetyltransferase and acetate kinase, from the hyperthermophilic eubacterium Thermotoga maritimaA K Bock
Institut fur Pflanzenphysiologie und Mikrobiologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 181:1861-7. 1999Phosphate acetyltransferase (PTA) and acetate kinase (AK) of the hyperthermophilic eubacterium Thermotoga maritima have been purified 1,500- and 250-fold, respectively, to apparent homogeneity...
- One-year prospective quality-of-life outcomes in patients treated with angioplasty for symptomatic peripheral arterial diseaseCorey A Kalbaugh
Academic Department of Surgery, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:296-302; discussion 302-3. 2006Despite lower reported patency rates than open bypass, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) may result in symptom relief, limb salvage, maintenance of ambulation and independent living, and overall improved quality of life...
- Binding of a thromboxane A2 (TXA2)/prostaglandin H2 (PGH2) receptor antagonist to rabbit and pig heart membrane proteinB Lasserre
, Institut de Physiologie, Toulouse, France
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 47:153-7. 1992..thromboxane binding to protein of membrane preparations from rabbit and pig hearts were carried out using [125I]-PTA-OH, a potent specific thromboxane receptor antagonist. The following points are stressed: 1...
- [Preocclusive stenosis of the extracranial vertebral artery. Treatment by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and insertion of endoprosthesis]C H Castaño Duque
Servicio Radiodiagnóstico Unidad Neurorradiología Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, 08025, Espana
Rev Neurol 32:430-6. 2001..Surgical treatment is difficult and risky. Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) is only partly useful due to a high rate of restenosis...
- Short communication: Composition of milk protein and milk fatty acids is stable for cows differing in genetic merit for milk productionG Bobe
Animal Breeding and Genetic Group, Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:3955-60. 2007..merit for milk production were used for each cow: genetic line, parent average predicted transmitting ability (PTA) for milk, and cow milk PTA...
- Intravascular brachytherapy for peripheral vascular diseaseVitali Gorenoi
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Abteilung für Epidemiologie, Sozialmedizin und Gesundheitssystemforschung, Hannover, Deutschland
GMS Health Technol Assess 4:Doc08. 2008SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND : Percutaneous transluminal angioplasties (PTA) through balloon dilatation with or without stenting, i.e...
- Incidence and clinical significance of distal embolization during percutaneous interventions involving the superficial femoral arteryRussell C Lam
Division of Vascular Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians, Weill Medical College of Cornell University New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:1155-9. 2007..The rate and timing of embolization at various phases of intervention such as guidewire crossing, balloon angioplasty, stent deployment, and directional atherectomy were analyzed and compared...
- Vaccination with proteus toxic agglutinin, a hemolysin-independent cytotoxin in vivo, protects against Proteus mirabilis urinary tract infectionPraveen Alamuri
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0620, USA
Infect Immun 77:632-41. 2009..the roles of two established cytotoxins, the HpmA hemolysin, a secreted cytotoxin, and proteus toxic agglutinin (Pta), a surface-associated cytotoxin, mutant analysis was used in conjunction with a mouse model of ascending UTI...
- Fusobacterium necrophorum: most prevalent pathogen in peritonsillar abscess in DenmarkTejs Ehlers Klug
Departments of Otorhinolaryngology, Aarhus University Hospitals, Aarhus County, Denmark
Clin Infect Dis 49:1467-72. 2009..are commonly regarded as the most prevalent cause of acute bacterial tonsillitis and peritonsillar abscess (PTA)...
- [Lateralization of renin secretion in renovascular hypertension with bilateral arterial stenosis]P Bernadet
, CHU Toulouse-Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:207-11. 1988..7 patients underwent PTA or surgery. 2 kidneys with arterial thrombosis were nephrectomized...
- Enzymes and genes of taurine and isethionate dissimilation in Paracoccus denitrificansChantal Brüggemann
Department of Biology, The University, D 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Microbiology 150:805-16. 2004..TDH; presumably TauXY) as well as Xsc (subgroup 3), a hypothetical protein and phosphate acetyltransferase (Pta). A similar cluster was found in P...
- [The value of coagulation factors in severity categorization of hepatitis B-related liver cirrhosis]Qin Li
Liver Research Center, Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 44:188-90. 2005..To investigate the diagnostic value of coagulation factors in assessing the severity degree of liver cirrhosis caused by hepatitis B...
- [Renovascular hypertension in a child with type 1 neurofibromatosis]Amira Peco-Antic
University Children s Hospital, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 131:254-8. 2003..either ineffective or have the potential risk for acute renal failure, while percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) has limited success due to the ostial localization of RAS and the tough fibrotic tissue involved that is ..
- [Multicenter evaluation on different analyzers of three methods for direct HDL-cholesterol assay]M Egloff
Laboratoire des Lipides, Service de Biochimie Medicale, Hopital de la Pitie, 75651 Paris Cedex 13
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 57:561-72. 1999..of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoproteins by the sodium phosphotungstate/magnesium chloride reagent (PTA)...
- Speech and language development in a population of Swedish hearing-impaired pre-school children, a cross-sectional studyErik Borg
Ahlsen Research Institute, Orebro University Hospital, S 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1061-77. 2007....
- Temporary changes in hearing after exposure to shooting noiseMałgorzata Pawlaczyk-Luszczyńska
Department of Physical Hazards, Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, Lodz, Poland
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 17:285-93. 2004..particularly transient-evoked otoacoustic emissions (TEOAE), might be more sensitive than pure-tone audiometry (PTA) in the assessment of changes to cochlea caused by noise...
- Infrapopliteal angioplasty for critical limb ischemia: relation of TransAtlantic InterSociety Consensus class to outcome in 176 limbsKristina A Giles
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:128-36. 2008Recent data suggest that percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) may be appropriate primary therapy for critical limb ischemia (CLI)...
- The genetic relationship of body weight and early-lactation health disorders in two experimental herdsE Frigo
Department of Veterinary Sciences and Technologies for Food Safety, University of Milan, Via Celoria 10, Milano, Italy
J Dairy Sci 93:1184-92. 2010..BW change (BWC) and genetic correlations of BW and BWC with diseases and genomic predicted transmitting abilities (PTA) of productive and conformation traits of Holsteins during the first 120 DIM...
- [Usefulness of a percutaneous endoprosthesis in the treatment of renal artery stenoses]F Joffre
Service Central de Radiologie, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1199-204. 1989..the cases stenosis of the renal artery cannot be satisfactorily dilated by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), and about 10 p. 100 of the patients successfully dilated have short-term restenosis...
- Effects of early auditory experience on the spoken language of deaf children at 3 years of ageJohanna Grant Nicholas
Central Institute for the Deaf Research, Department of Otolaryngology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ear Hear 27:286-98. 2006..The purpose of the analysis was to examine the effects of age, duration, and type of early auditory experience on spoken language competence at age 3.5 yr...
- Preliminary results of subintimal angioplasty for limb salvage in lower extremities with severe chronic ischemia and limb-threatening ischemiaStuart I Myers
McGuire Research Institute McGuire VA Medical Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:1239-46. 2006This study examined the hypothesis that superficial femoral artery (SFA) subintimal angioplasty (SI-PTA) can maintain limb salvage with minimal complications in patients with symptomatic occlusive arterial disease.
- Captopril renography and the effect of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty on blood pressure in 94 patients with renal artery stenosisG G Geyskes
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 4:685S-689S. 1991We treated 94 patients by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) for renal artery stenosis (RAS)...
- Photoaffinity receptor antagonist for human platelet thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 receptorsD E Mais
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425
Biochem Pharmacol 40:1457-61. 1990..11,12-methano-16-(3-azido-4-iodophenoxy)-13,14- dihydro-13-aza-15 alpha beta-omega-tetranor TXA2 (I-PTA-PON3) was synthesized and evaluated as a potential photoaffinity probe of the human platelet thromboxane A2/..
- Acetaldehyde depresses myocardial contraction and cardiac myocyte shortening in spontaneously hypertensive rats: role of intracellular Ca2+R A Brown
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 45:453-65. 1999..5 Hz. Contractile properties analyzed include: peak tension development (PTD), peak twitch amplitude (PTA), time-to-PTD/PTA (TPT/TPS), time-to-90% relaxation/relengthening (RT90/TR90) and maximal velocities of contraction/..
- Evaluation of Western blotting methods using samples with or without sodium phosphotungstic acid precipitation for diagnosis of scrapie and chronic wasting diseaseHongsheng Huang
Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 69:193-9. 2005..procedures: an abnormal prion protein (PrPSc) concentration procedure using sodium phosphotungstic acid (PTA) precipitation and a procedure using crude sample without precipitation...
- A history of loss of consciousness or post-traumatic amnesia in minor head injury: "conditio sine qua non" or one of the risk factors?M Smits
Department of Radiology, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:1359-64. 2007A history of loss of consciousness (LOC) or post-traumatic amnesia (PTA) is commonly considered a prerequisite for minor head injury (MHI), although neurocranial complications also occur when LOC/PTA are absent, particularly in the ..
- Otoacoustic emissions, ear fullness and tinnitus in the recovery course of sudden deafnessIeda M Ishida
Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, 65, Tsurumai cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 35:41-6. 2008This study aimed to investigate how the symptoms of ear fullness, tinnitus and otoacoustic emissions (OAE) change in relation to the recovery course of pure tone audiometry thresholds (PTA) in sudden deafness (SD).
- Hearing preservation in the resection of vestibular schwannomas: patterns of hearing preservation and patient-assessed hearing functionJoshua J Wind
Department of Neurological Surgery, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
J Neurosurg 114:1232-40. 2011..Therefore, using objective audiometric data and patient perceptions of hearing function as outlined on a questionnaire, the authors evaluated the hearing of patients who underwent VS resection...
- Cloning, characterization, and functional expression of acs, the gene which encodes acetyl coenzyme A synthetase in Escherichia coliS Kumari
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Bacteriol 177:2878-86. 1995..A through an acetyladenylate intermediate; two other enzymes, acetate kinase (Ack) and phosphotransacetylase (Pta), activate acetate through an acetyl phosphate intermediate...
- Combination treatment of venous thoracic outlet syndrome: open surgical decompression and intraoperative angioplastyDarren B Schneider
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0222, USA
J Vasc Surg 40:599-603. 2004..in patients with venous thoracic outlet syndrome is often treated with postoperative percutaneous angioplasty (PTA). However, interval recurrent thrombosis before postoperative angioplasty is performed can be a vexing problem...
- Single center experience with percutaneous endovascular repair of superior vena cava syndromeJohn F Canales
St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Peripheral Vascular Intervention, Houston, Texas, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 77:733-9. 2011To demonstrate short-term effectiveness and long-term efficacy of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) with or without adjunctive therapy in treatment of superior vena cava syndrome (SVCS).
- The management of renal artery atherosclerosis for renal salvage: does stenting help?Vikram S Kashyap
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:101-8; discussion 108-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to review the outcomes and durability of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stenting (PTA/S) for patients with RAS and decreasing renal function.
- Chromatin defects in normal and malformed human ejaculated and epididymal spermatozoa: a cytochemical ultrastructural studyS Francavilla
Department of Internal Medicine, University of L Aquila, Italy
J Reprod Fertil 106:259-68. 1996..were examined by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) after the staining by alcoholic phosphotungstic acid (PTA) of normal and malformed ejaculated spermatozoa from 35 male partners of infertile couples, and in six sperm ..
- Pathway identification combining metabolic flux and functional genomics analyses: acetate and propionate activation by Corynebacterium glutamicumAndrea Veit
Institute of Biotechnology 1, Research Center Julich, Julich, Germany
J Biotechnol 140:75-83. 2009..on acetate as sole carbon source requires acetate activation by acetate kinase (AK) and phosphotransacetylase (PTA), encoded in the pta-ack operon...
- [Stenosis of the renal artery of the transplant: comparison between interventional and medical treatment]P Bernadet
, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1107-10. 1994..An interventional procedure was performed in 16 patients (group 1): surgery in 5 and transluminal angioplasty (PTA) in 11. Nine other patients were medically treated (group 2)...
- Genotoxic activity and inhibition of soil respiration by ptaquiloside, a bracken fern carcinogenBjørn Schmidt
The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Department of Natural Sciences, Thorvaldsensvej 40, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:2751-6. 2005Ptaquiloside (PTA) is a natural toxin produced by bracken (Pteridium aquilinum [L.] Kuhn). Assessment of PTA toxicity is needed because PTA deposited from bracken to soil may leach to surface and groundwater...
- [Restenosis and remodeling after percutaneous transluminal carotid angioplasty]A Madrid
, , Sevilla,
Rev Neurol 27:649-52. 1998INTRODUCTION: The characteristics of restenosis and remodeling after carotid percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) were badly known. OBJECTIVE: To describe these characteristics in our series of carotid PTA...
- Long-term outcome after angioplasty of symptomatic internal carotid artery stenosis with and without stentO Wittkugel
Department of Neuroradiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Gebäuder W14, Hamburg 20246, Germany
Neuroradiology 50:243-9. 2008..angioplasty and stenting (CAS) has widely replaced balloon angioplasty (percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, PTA) in the treatment of internal carotid artery stenosis (ICAS)...
- Stenting vs above knee polytetrafluoroethylene bypass for TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus-II C and D superficial femoral artery diseaseHasan H Dosluoglu
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, VA Western New York Healthcare System, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:1166-74. 2008..Percutaneous balloon angioplasty/stenting (PTA/S) and above knee femoropopliteal bypass (AK-FPB) using polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) for these lesions were ..
- Randomized controlled trial of aspirin and clopidogrel versus aspirin and placebo on markers of smooth muscle proliferation before and after peripheral angioplastyAlasdair M Wilson
Department of Surgery, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 50:861-9. 2009..arterial disease (PAD) patients, a limiting factor in the success of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) is the development of restenosis secondary to vascular smooth muscle cell (SMC) proliferation...
- Clinical advantage of abscess tonsillectomy in peritonsillar abscessS Brojerdian
Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Brugman, , Bruxelles
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 54:459-64. 2000At the moment, regardless of the prevalence of the peritonsillar abscess (PTA), a definite protocol concerning the treatment of PTA has not yet been established and the treatment remains controversial...
- Cloning, sequence analysis, and hyperexpression of the genes encoding phosphotransacetylase and acetate kinase from Methanosarcina thermophilaM T Latimer
Department of Biochemistry and Anaerobic Microbiology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061 0305
J Bacteriol 175:6822-9. 1993The genes for the acetate-activating enzymes, acetate kinase and phosphotransacetylase (ack and pta), from Methanosarcina thermophila TM-1 were cloned and sequenced...
- Effects of oral cilostazol 100 mg BID on long-term patency after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty in patients with femoropopliteal disease undergoing hemodialysis: a retrospective chart review in Japanese patientsHideki Ishii
Cardiovascular Center, Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Ther 32:24-33. 2010Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) for femoropopliteal lesions in peripheral artery disease has been performed in patients undergoing hemodialysis as well as in the general population...
- [The effect of angioplasty on cerebral vasomotor reactivity in patients with important stenosis of the internal carotid artery]C Arenas
, , Sevilla
Rev Neurol 24:224-6. 1996INTRODUCTION: We present the preliminary results of the effects on percutaneous translumenal angioplasty (PTA) cerebral haemodynamics in thirty patients with important stenosis of the internal carotidal artery...
- Effects of stimulus level on the speech perception abilities of children using cochlear implants or digital hearing aidsLisa S Davidson
Central Institute for the Deaf, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ear Hear 27:493-507. 2006..a child should continue using digital signal processing (DSP) hearing aids with wide dynamic range compression (WDRC) or be recommended for a cochlear implant, based on the unaided pure-tone average (PTA at 500, 1000, and 2000 Hz).
- A comparison of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty versus amputation for critical limb ischemia in patients unsuitable for open surgerySpence M Taylor
Academic Department of Surgery, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:304-10; discussion 310-1. 2007Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), although not the traditional therapy, seems to be a safe alternative for patients with critical limb ischemia who are believed to be unsuitable candidates for open surgery...
- Long-term outcomes of primary angioplasty and primary stenting of central venous stenosis in hemodialysis patientsAndrew M Bakken
Center for Vascular Disease, Department of Surgery, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:776-83. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the outcomes of primary angioplasty (PTA) vs primary stenting (PTS) in a dialysis access population at a tertiary referral academic medical center.
- Quantification of biotransformation of chlorinated hydrocarbons in a biostimulation study: added value via stable carbon isotope analysisSarah K Hirschorn
Stable Isotope Laboratory, Department of Geology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Contam Hydrol 94:249-60. 2007..isotope analysis of chlorinated aliphatic compounds was performed at an in situ biostimulation pilot test area (PTA) at a site where 1,2-dichloroethane (1,2-DCA) and trichloroethene (TCE) were present in groundwater...
- Change in practice patterns of an academic division of vascular surgeryHouman Solomon
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California University Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arch Surg 142:733-6; discussion 736-7. 2007..Technological advances have required that faculty of academic divisions of vascular surgery acquire new technical skills and significantly alter their past clinical practice patterns...
- Ethanol-phosphotungstic acid and bismuth staining of spermatid nucleoli in mouse spermiogenesisI K Takeuchi
Department of Embryology, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Prefectural Colony, Japan
J Struct Biol 103:104-12. 1990The nucleoli of developing mouse spermatids were examined with ethanol-phosphotungstic acid (E-PTA) staining, and also with bismuth staining following formaldehyde fixation (FA-Bi staining) and glutaraldehyde fixation (GA-Bi staining)...
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression of genes encoding phosphotransacetylase and acetate kinase from Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824Z L Boynton
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 62:2758-66. 1996The enzymes phosphotransacetylase (PTA) and acetate kinase (AK) catalyze the conversion of acetyl coenzyme A to acetate in the fermentation of Clostridium acetobutylicum...
- Platelets and cytokines in concert with endothelial activation in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseD A Tsakiris
Haemostasis Laboratory DCL, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 11:165-73. 2000..platelet activation in 71 patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease undergoing peripheral angioplasty (PTA)...
- Construction and characterization of pta gene-deleted mutant of Clostridium tyrobutyricum for enhanced butyric acid fermentationYing Zhu
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 90:154-66. 2005..tyrobutyricum. A nonreplicative integrational plasmid containing the phosphotransacetylase gene (pta) fragment cloned from C...
- The changing roles of radiologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons in percutaneous peripheral arterial interventions during a recent five-year intervalDavid C Levin
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:39-42. 2005....
- Effect of inactivation of nuo and ackA-pta on redistribution of metabolic fluxes in Escherichia coliY T Yang
Departments of Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering, Rice University, PO Box 1892, MS 142, Houston, Texas 77251 1892, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 65:291-7. 1999..Interactions between nuo and the acetate-producing pathway encoded by ackA-pta were investigated by examining the metabolic patterns of several mutant strains under anaerobic growth conditions...
- Kinetic analysis of a TxA2 receptor antagonist. Evidence for the existence of an uptake systemP A Modesti
Clinica Medica I, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Eicosanoids 3:139-43. 1990..of its putative uptake by platelets (plt) were investigated with a radiolabelled structural TxA2 analogue, 125I-PTA-OH, in platelets from 6 male healthy volunteers...
- Evaluation of nuclear matrix protein 22 (NMP22) as a tumor marker in the detection of bladder cancerO Oge
Department of Urology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 32:367-70. 2001..Sensitivity for pT1 and pT2 tumors was 83%, whereas that for pTa tumors was 55%...
- Reteplase in the treatment of thrombosed hemodialysis graftsA Falk
Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai NYU Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1257-62. 2001To prospectively evaluate the efficacy and safety of reteplase with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) in the treatment of thrombosed polytetrafluoroethylene hemodialysis arteriovenous grafts (AVGs).
- Extensive use of peripheral angioplasty, particularly infrapopliteal, in the treatment of ischaemic diabetic foot ulcers: clinical results of a multicentric study of 221 consecutive diabetic subjectsE Faglia
Internal Medicine Unit, Diabetology Centre, Policlinico Multimedica, Sesto San Giovanni, Milano, Italy
J Intern Med 252:225-32. 2002To evaluate the feasibility, technical effectiveness and limb salvage potential of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), particularly infrapopliteal, in diabetic subjects with ischaemic foot ulcer.
- Percutaneous stenting of incidental unilateral renal artery stenosis: decision analysis of costs and benefitsDavid A Axelrod
Departments of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 498109 0604, USA
J Endovasc Ther 10:546-56. 2003..the incremental cost-effectiveness of prophylactic percutaneous transluminal angioplasty with stent placement (PTA-S) in patients with incidentally discovered, asymptomatic renal artery stenosis (RAS) compared to delaying PTA-S ..
- A novel mutation identified in the DFNA5 gene in a Dutch family: a clinical and genetic evaluationAnne M L C Bischoff
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Audiol Neurootol 9:34-46. 2004..The recognition score deteriorated by 1.0% per decibel threshold increase from a mean pure-tone average (PTA at 1, 2 and 4 kHz) of 63 dB onwards. Vestibular function was generally normal...
- Rotation of the myocardial wall of the outflow tract is implicated in the normal positioning of the great arteriesFanny Bajolle
Department of Developmental Biology, CNRS URA 2578, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
Circ Res 98:421-8. 2006..In hearts with persistent truncus arteriosus (PTA), double outlet right ventricle (DORV), or transposition of the great arteries, rotation of the myocardial wall of ..
- [Pneumatic tourniquet occlusion of circulation in distal bypass surgery]J Hanzlick
Caritas Krankenhaus St Josef, Klinik fUr Allgemein, Unfall und Gefässchirurgie, Landshuter Strasse 65, 93053 Regensburg
Zentralbl Chir 131:37-41. 2006..In addition to bypass thrombectomy, these patients underwent PTA, reconstructions of the distal anastomosis and bypass prolongations...
- Vasospasm in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: diagnosis, prevention, and managementVallabh Janardhan
New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, 525 E 68th Street, P O Box 141, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroimaging Clin N Am 16:483-96, viii-ix. 2006..refractory to medical therapy usually is treated endovascularly with percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty (PTA) for proximal vessel vasospasm and vasodilator infusion for distal vessel vasospasm...
- Genotype by environment interaction for production traits while accounting for heteroscedasticityA G Fahey
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:3889-99. 2007..cell scores of daughters, and to determine if HV affects the ability of sire's predicted transmitting ability (PTA) to predict daughter production in G and confinement (C) herds...
- Smad signaling in the neural crest regulates cardiac outflow tract remodeling through cell autonomous and non-cell autonomous effectsQunshan Jia
Renal Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Campus Box 8126, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 311:172-84. 2007..Here, we show that mice lacking Smad4 in NCCs have persistent truncus arteriosus (PTA), severe OFT cushion hypoplasia, defective OFT elongation, and mispositioning of the OFT...
- Early and late outcomes of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty of cephalad arteriesPaweł Buszman
Oddział Ostrych Zespołów Wieńcowych, Górnośląskie Centrum Medyczne, Slaski Uniwersytet Medyczny, ul Ziołowa 47, Katowice
Kardiol Pol 66:233-42, discussion 243. 2008..Carotid artery stenting (CAS) is a routine clinical practice and recent results of CAS are not worse than CEA. Moreover, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) techniques allow other cephalad arteries to be dilated.
- Penetration into and exposure of cefozopran in pelvic retroperitoneal space exudateKazuro Ikawa
Department of Clinical Pharmacotherapy, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
J Infect Chemother 14:170-1. 2008..e., probability of target attainment; PTA) was 94...
- Optical waveguide sensor of volatile organic compounds based on PTA thin filmRenagul Abdurahman
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xinjiang University, Urumqi 830046, P R China
Anal Chim Acta 658:63-7. 2010..The sensing membrane is constructed by immobilization of peroxopolytungsten acid (PTA) thin film over a single-mode potassium ion (K(+)) exchanged glass OWG by spin-coating method...
- Superiority of transcutaneous oxygen tension measurements in predicting limb salvage after below-the-knee angioplasty: a prospective trial in diabetic patients with critical limb ischemiaUlf Redlich
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, University of Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, 39120, Magdeburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:271-9. 2011..angiograms, the ankle-brachial index (ABI), and transcutaneous oxygen tension (TcPO₂) to predict outcome after infrageniculate angioplasty (PTA) in diabetic patients with critical limb ischemia (CLI) scheduled for amputation.
- Manipulating redox and ATP balancing for improved production of succinate in E. coliAmarjeet Singh
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University of Colorado, UCB 424, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Metab Eng 13:76-81. 2011..To address these issues, we first deleted genes (adhE, ackA-pta) involved in byproduct formation downstream of acetyl-CoA followed by the deletion of iclR and pdhR to activate the ..
- The efficiency of intratympanic dexamethasone injection as a sequential treatment after initial systemic steroid therapy for sudden sensorineural hearing lossJong Bin Lee
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, College of Medical Science, Konyang University, Daejon, Korea
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 268:833-9. 2011..Hearing improvement was defined as a 10 dB or more decrease in the pure tone average (PTA) of the four-frequencies (0.5, 1, 2, and 3 kHz). Hearing improvement was observed in 10 (47...
- Dysregulated brain creatine kinase is associated with hearing impairment in mouse models of Huntington diseaseYow Sien Lin
Molecular Medicine Program, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Invest 121:1519-23. 2011..b>PTA thresholds were markedly elevated in HD patients...
- Superior mesenteric artery stent fracture leading to recurrent mesenteric ischemiaJohanna F Schellekens
Department of Vascular Surgery, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, Netherlands
Vasc Endovascular Surg 45:654-9. 2011..of patients with recurrent symptoms of mesenteric ischemic disease after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) and stenting due to superior mesenteric artery stent fracture...
- Sildenafil provides sustained neuroprotection in the absence of learning recovery following the 4-vessel occlusion/internal carotid artery model of chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in middle-aged ratsEmilene Dias Fiuza Ferreira
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Health Science Center, State University of Maringa, Av Colombo, 5790, CEP 87020 900 Maringa, Parana, Brazil Electronic address
Brain Res Bull 90:58-65. 2013..2%), dentate gyrus (DG; 19.2%), retrosplenial cortex (RS cortex; 47.4%), and parietal association cortex (PtA cortex; 38.2%)...
- Efficacy and safety of venous angioplasty of the extracranial veins for multiple sclerosis. Brave dreams study (brain venous drainage exploited against multiple sclerosis): study protocol for a randomized controlled trialPaolo Zamboni
Vascular Diseases Center, University of Ferrara, C so Giovecca 203, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Trials 13:183. 2012..Data from a few small case series suggest possible improvement of the clinical course and quality of life by performing percutaneous balloon angioplasty (PTA) of the stenotic veins.
- New Ag(I)-iminophosphorane coordination polymers as efficient catalysts precursors for the MW-assisted Meyer-Schuster rearrangement of propargylic alcohols in waterJoaquín García-Álvarez
Laboratorio de Compuestos Organometálicos y Catálisis Unidad Asociada al CSIC, Departamento de Quimica Organica e Inorganica, Instituto Universitario de Quimica Organometalica Enrique Moles, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Oviedo, E 33071, Oviedo, Spain
Inorg Chem 52:6533-42. 2013Treatment of the N-thiophosphorylated iminophosphorane ligands (PTA)═NP(═S)(OR)2 [PTA = 1,3,5-triaza-7-phosphaadamantane, 3a and 3b] and (DAPTA)═NP(═S)(OR)2 [DAPTA = 3,7-diacetyl-1,3,7-triaza-5-bicyclo[3.3...
- Metabolic engineering of Escherichia coli and in silico comparing of carboxylation pathways for high succinate productivity under aerobic conditionsJiangang Yang
Key Laboratory of Systems Bioengineering, Ministry of Education, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, People s Republic of China Department of Biochemical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, People s Republic of China National Engineering Laboratory for Industrial Enzymes and Tianjin Engineering Center for Biocatalytic Technology, Tianjin Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
Microbiol Res 169:432-40. 2014..Mutations in the tricarboxylic acid cycle (sdhA, iclR) and byproduct formation pathways (poxB, ackA-pta, mgsA) of E...
- Effect of systemic urokinase infusion after lower limb percutaneous transluminal angioplasty on limb salvage rate in patients with late-stage critical limb ischemiaH T Yen
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 48:414-22. 2014..of systemically administered urokinase (UK) after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty with or without stent (PTA ± stent) on the reduction in the rate and level of amputation in patients with critical limb ischemia (CLI) with ..
- Determining collagen distribution in articular cartilage using contrast-enhanced micro-computed tomographyH J Nieminen
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland Research Center Group for Medical Imaging, Physics and Technology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 23:1613-21. 2015..This study investigates whether phosphotungstic acid (PTA) and phosphomolybdic acid (PMA), two collagen-specific markers and X-ray absorbers, could (1) produce contrast for ..
- Enzymatic Manufacture of Deoxythymidine-5'-Triphosphate with Permeable Intact Cells of E. coli Coexpressing Thymidylate Kinase and Acetate KinaseJiao Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, P R China
J Microbiol Biotechnol 25:2034-42. 2015..coli BL21 (DE3) to form recombinant strain pTA in which TMKase and ACKase were simultaneously overexpressed...
- [Drug-coated balloons in the treatment of peripheral artery disease (PAD). History and current level of evidence]M Herten
Klinik für vaskuläre und endovaskuläre Chirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster, Deutschland
Radiologe 56:240-53. 2016Despite initially encouraging technical success after femoropopliteal PTA, restenosis remains the major challenge in patients with peripheral artery disease (PAD)...
- Use of single nucleotide polymorphisms in candidate genes associated with daughter pregnancy rate for prediction of genetic merit for reproduction in Holstein cowsM S Ortega
Department of Animal Sciences, D H Barron Reproductive and Perinatal Biology Research Program and Genetics Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Anim Genet 47:288-97. 2016..rate (HCR) in a separate population of Holstein cows grouped according to their predicted transmitting ability (PTA) [≤-1 (n = 1287) and ≥1.5 (n = 1036)] for DPR. Genotyping was performed using Sequenom MassARRAY(®) ...
- Non-linear absorption pharmacokinetics of amoxicillin: consequences for dosing regimens and clinical breakpointsFemke de Velde
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 71:2909-17. 2016To describe the population pharmacokinetics of oral amoxicillin and to compare the PTA of current dosing regimens.
- Transition metal complexes of the pyridylphosphine ligand o-C6H4(CH2PPy2)2Teresa F Vaughan
School of Chemical and Physical Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Dalton Trans 45:16826-16837. 2016..from which a series of unsymmetrical platinum complexes of the type [PtMeL(PP)]+ (L = PPh3, PTA, SEt2 and pyridine) can be made...
- Genomic structure and chromosomal location of the mouse pre-T-cell receptor alpha geneH J Fehling
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
Immunogenetics 42:275-81. 1995The mouse pre-T-cell receptor alpha (pT alpha) chain is a 33,000 M(r) glycoprotein expressed on the surface of immature thymocytes as a disulfide-linked heterodimer with the T-cell receptor beta (TCR beta) chain, and in association with ..
- Stapedectomy following tympanoplastyL P Berenholz
Lippy Group for Ear, Nose and Throat, 3893 East Market Street, Warren, Ohio 44484, USA
J Laryngol Otol 115:444-6. 2001..Measurements were taken of the air-bone gap (ABG) closure and pure tone average (PTA) which showed hearing improvement. Patients had a mean 36...
- Popliteal artery stenting using flexible tantalum stentsE P Strecker
Clinic of Imaging, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, and Interventional Radiology, Diakonissenkrankenhaus, Diakonissenstrasse 28, D 76199 Karlsruhe, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 24:168-75. 2001To evaluate the safety and efficacy of stent therapy for the treatment of residual stenoses after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) of popliteal stenoses and occlusions.
- TP53 alterations as a potential diagnostic marker in superficial bladder carcinoma and in patients serum, plasma and urine samplesRegine Dahse
Klinikum der FSU Jena, Institut fur Humangenetik, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Int J Oncol 20:107-15. 2002Molecular markers are needed for better distinguishing of non-invasive papillary (pTa) and minimally invasive (pT1) bladder carcinomas and for identifying individual tumors with a high risk of recurrence or disease progression...
- Long-term outcome of patients with claudication after balloon angioplasty of the femoropopliteal arteriesTiia S Jämsén
Department of Clinical Radiology, Kuopio University Hospital, Puijonlaaksontie 2, 70200 Kuopio, Finland
Radiology 225:345-52. 2002To report the long-term outcome of patients with lifestyle-limiting claudication after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) of the femoropopliteal arteries.
- Colloidal particles derived from a complex of phosphotungstic Acid and ethoxylated surfactantsMaura A Sweeney
Xerox Corporation, 800 Phillips Road, Webster, New York 14580, USA
J Colloid Interface Sci 253:53-61. 2002..by titration of aqueous solutions of alkylene oxide surfactants with phosphotungstic acid, H(3)PW(12)O(40) (PTA), followed by neutralization with ammonium or potassium hydroxide...
- Percutaneous angioplasty and stenting of left subclavian artery lesions for the treatment of patients with concomitant vertebral and coronary subclavian steal syndromeFerrara Filippo
Researcher, Department of Angiology, University Medical Hospital of Palermo, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:348-53. 2006To evaluate the efficacy of subclavian stenosis percutaneous transfemoral angioplasty (PTA)-treatment in patients with intermittent or complete subclavian steal syndrome (SSS), and coronary-subclavian steal syndrome (C-SSS) after left ..
- Psychometrically equivalent Russian speech audiometry materials by male and female talkersRichard W Harris
Department of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Int J Audiol 46:47-66. 2007..1%/dB and 9.9 %/dB) and digitally equating their intensity to match the mean PTA of the native listeners...
- [Correlation of FGFR3 mutations and chromosomal alterations in bladder cancer]Kerstin Junker
Klinik für Urologie, Universitat, Jena
Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol 90:151-8. 2006..9 %). Concerning T-category, the following mutation frequencies occurred: pTa - 69 %, pT1 - 38 %, pT2/3 - 0 %...
- MRI-Guided Angioplasty of Renal Artery StenosisReed Omary; Fiscal Year: 2005..rate, and procedure time for MRI-guided and x-ray guided percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty (PTA) of renal artery stenosis are similar; and 3) Successful MRI-guided PTA of renal artery stenosis improves kidney ..
- Multi-Functional Guidewire for Peripheral VasculatureGhassan S Kassab; Fiscal Year: 2013..Percutaneous transluminal artery (PTA) treatment of severe PAD involves the use of balloons and stents, but delivery of these therapies is often ..
- Iodine-125 Peripheral Intravascular Brachytherapy SystemJohn Munro; Fiscal Year: 2004..Restenosis has been the Achilles heel of PTA. The current research has shown that intravascular brachytherapy using afterloaded 192-Iridium sources has a ..
- NOVEL COLLAGEN-BASED PERIPHERAL ENDOPROSTHESISSHU TUNG LI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Verbatim from the Applicant's Abstract): Despite the wide acceptance of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) and intravascular stenting for treating patients with peripheral atherosclerotic lesions, these techniques suffer ..
- MRI-Guided Angioplasty of Coronary Artery StenosisDebiao Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to use magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to guide percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) of coronary arteries and to measure the effect of PTA on myocardial perfusion...
- Pax genes in cardiac developmentZACHARY PAUL NEEB; Fiscal Year: 2012..Significantly, Pax3 mutations in humans and mice lead to persistent truncus arteriosus (PTA), interventricular septal defects (VSD), and abnormal AA remodeling, which phenocopies both surgical and genetic ..
- Narayanan Parameswaran; Fiscal Year: 2016..Most importantly, oral administration of a human derived probiotic, Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC PTA 6475, inhibits ovx induced intestinal changes, bone marrow T-cell changes and prevents bone loss in ovx mice...
- Pioneer factor interactions in embryonic stem cellsStephen T Smale; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will explore a recently discovered feature of mouse embryonic stem cells that may be critical for their unique properties. ..
- Mints: Adaptor Proteins Coupling APP of Alzheimer's Disease to the SynapseAngela Ho; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will characterize the structural dynamic of synaptic junctions by electron microscopy, and E-PTA staining to quantify morphological parameter of synapses...
- KIM DANIEL REYNOLDS; Fiscal Year: 2016..A PTA representative will report on PTA involvement in school-level practices post-baseline...
- Deaf1 isoforms control changes in PTA expression in the NOD PLN during T1D pathogCHARLES GARRISON FATHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Currently, both the transcriptional control of PTA expression in lymph nodes and the dysregulation of peripheral tolerance in T1D are unclear...
- Biju Parekkadan; Fiscal Year: 2014..that MSCs also express these pTAs and can maintain this expression during ex vivo processing unlike other pTA expressing cells...
- Stanley B Prusiner; Fiscal Year: 2016..The POM phosphotungstate anion [PW12O40] (PTA) binds specifically to PrPSc, but not to PrP...
- Cardiac Differentiation of Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells by Light StimulationRobert Clayton Robbins; Fiscal Year: 2012..we propose to: 1) Identify specific sub-populations of cardiac progenitor cells within Pericardial Adipose Tissue (PTA)...
- Bladder Cancer Risk and Genomic AlterationsDonna G Albertson; Fiscal Year: 2012..lA) Characterizemolecular and genomic alterations in 250 pTa/Gi and 250 pT2-pT4/Gs tumors...
- Bingfang Yan; Fiscal Year: 2016Project Summary Photothermal ablation (PTA) therapy provides a minimally invasive treatment for inoperable tumors...
- The presence of a bacterial metabolic pathway in eukaryotic fungiKERRY SCOT SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..In bacteria, ACK primarily functions with its partner enzyme phosphotransacetylase (PTA) for the interconversion of acetate and acetyl-CoA. However, PTA is absent in fungi...
- TGFb and Cardiac Neural Crest Cell Fate and FunctionHenry Sucov; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mutant embryos have persistent truncus arteriosus (PTA) and interrupted aortic arch (IAA- B);later in gestation, the elastic matrix of the neural crest-derived vessel ..
- ica phase variation in Staphylococcus epidermidisPAUL FEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary data suggest that PTA production is governed by multiple layers of gene regulation...
- COGNITIVE AND REWARD MECHANISMS IN OPIATE ADDICTIONJose Criado; Fiscal Year: 2000..These data will provide information on the cellular neuropharmacology of the PTA and the VTA in critical septohippocampal circuits important in learning and memory and drug abuse...
- Detection of Oxidized LDL in PlasmaKENNETH DOMBROWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary data using the K2F1.6 clone (deposited with the ATCC PTA-897, US patent 6,953,666B1) indicates that a wide range of positive signals can be detected in high-risk ..
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DIALYSIS GRAFT STENOSISMichelle Robbin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Patent grafts with stenoses treated with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) or surgical revision techniques have longer patency than thrombosed grafts after thrombectomy...
- Long-term Iron Needs of Renal Transplant RecipientsMorteza Janghorbani; Fiscal Year: 2005..An effective strategy to identify and treat post-transplant anemia (PTA) currently does not exist and its development necessitates insight into factors that affect iron absorption and ..
- CALCIUM HANDLING IN THE SPLOTCH (SP2H) MOUSE MUTANTSimon Conway; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sp2H mice exhibit persistent truncus arteriosus (PTA), an anomaly that is not predicted to cause intrauterine death...
- INFLAMMATION AND ATROPHY IN PROSTATE CARCINOGENESISAngelo Demarzo; Fiscal Year: 2003..Proliferative inflammatory atrophy (PTA) is a common lesion occurring near inflammatory cells...
- BRAIN RESEARCH IN EDUCATIONSusanna Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2001..the UW K-12 Institute, the Washington Science Teachers Association, Pacific Science Center and the Washington State PTA. The program will provide an opportunity for educators to access resources and expertise from the University of ..
- Pseudo Target Amplification DiagnosticsRobert Henkens; Fiscal Year: 2009..for highly sensitive target detection based on electrochemical sensors that is called Pseudo- Target-Amplification (PTA)...
- NOVEL COLLAGEN-BASED PERIPHERAL ENDOPROSTHESISHORNG BAN LIN; Fiscal Year: 1999Despite the wide acceptance of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) ana intravascular stenting for treating patients with peripheral atherosclerotic lesions, these techniques suffer some drawbacks which limit their overall ..
- GUSTATORY BRAINSTEM RELAY NUCLEIBarry Davis; Fiscal Year: 1990..are proposed to study the gustatory zone of the nucleus of the solitary tract (NST) and the pontine taste area (PTA)...
- THE PONTINE TASTE AREABarry Davis; Fiscal Year: 1991..and immunocytochemical experiments are proposed to study the intrinsic organization of the pontine taste area (PTA) in the adult hamster...
- Analysis of pre-TCR Structure and FunctionDAVID WIEST; Fiscal Year: 2004..precursor of the TCR called the pre-TCR complex, whose hallmark is an invariant 33kD subunit termed pre-Ta (pTa)...
- Mathematic descriptions - multifactorial gene expressionSandra Rodriguez Zas; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings constitute stepping-stones for understanding and further studies of human neurological, mental, communication, and aging processes and disorders, giving rise to treatments and cures. ..
- ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND RISK OF AGE-RELATED MACULOPATHYKAREN CRUICKSHANKS; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockade and Chronic RejectionBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- E M Transdifferentiation in Proximal Tubule CellsBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR ANALYSIS OF PRE-TCR FUNCTIONHarald von Boehmer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed experiments will elucidate the molecular mechanisms that mediate the function of the pre-TCR. ..
- Recombinant murine IL-10 produced in situ by H. pyloriKATHRYN EATON; Fiscal Year: 2005..pylori, but will also establish a model in which the roles of other cytokines and mediators can be determined, and host and bacterial interactions can be directly evaluated in vivo. ..
- Live Unrelated Kidney Donor & Sibling Follow-up StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2005..Altogether, this study will provide useful information that will improve the informed consent for living kidney donors and enhance our knowledge of the role of the kidney, if any, in CVD. ..
- Bioluminescent Imaging of Pancreatic Islet TransplantsDixon Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Automated Chip-Based Metabolomic AnalysisJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Host and Bacterial Factors in Disease due to H. pyloriKathryn A Eaton; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will allow us to hire additional staff to ensure rapid completion of the remaining experiments. With these changes we fully expect to complete these experiments in 2 years. ..
- Vascular risk after kidney transplantationJennifer L Larsen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also provide preliminary evidence for the efficacy of Vitamin D and omega 3 fatty acid supplementation in modifying traditional and nontraditional CVD risk factors as well as CVD progression after KTX. ..
- Prevention of Depression Among Pre-Adolescent YouthCAROLYN MC CARTY; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data collected will form the basis for a future R-01 research proposal to study an expanded application of the prevention program that will be generated. ..
- Clinical Translational Research in Transplant NephrologyBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also work to meet the NIH's goal of increasing the number of physician-scientists conducting high-quality patient-oriented research. ..
- Nitric Oxide Interaction with Red Blood CellsJames C Liao; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aim 2 will focus on the functional roles of this regulation using isolated porcine pulmonary and coronary microvessels. Together, these results will suggest clinical relevance and potential interventions. ..
- Molecular probing for the mechanism of neuropathic painIchiro Nishimura; Fiscal Year: 2006..8 suppression on neuropathic pain behavior. The outcome of this project will provide a novel entry point for future investigations of, and a putative therapeutic modality for neuropathic pain. ..
- Chemogenomic Analysis of E. coli Response to NO speciesJames C Liao; Fiscal Year: 2010..If hew TF targets are predicted, then the iteration continues. Otherwise, the predicted networks are verified using genetic and biochemical experiments. ..
- ROLE OF THE PRE-T CELL RECEPTOR IN LINEAGE COMMITMENTHarald von Boehmer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gene expression analysis as a function of time after inducible ySand pre-TCR expression and 3.) Analysis of development after knockdown of lineage-specific gene expression by RNAi. ..
- Diabetic/osmotic Influences on Osteoblast PhenotypeLaura McCabe; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our results will suggest targets for ameliorating the effects of type I diabetes on bone. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF AGE-RELATED HEARING LOSSKAREN CRUICKSHANKS; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Functional role of CGRP as an efferent neurotransmitterColleen Le Prell; Fiscal Year: 2007..2004). ..
- Engineering Large scale pathways from organisms to Escherichia coliJames Liao; Fiscal Year: 2008..In particular, selected projects proposed here will be used as modules in a workshop established by FRT at Ohio State and form the basis for a course (Metabolic Engineering) at UCLA. ..
- Long-term Outcomes of Cochlear Implantation in Early ChildhoodAnn Geers; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition we will document the incidence and outcomes associated with discontinued use of a cochlear implant. ..
- The Coronary Screening for Kidney Transplantation (COST) StudyBertram Kasiske; Fiscal Year: 2008..The money spent on these procedures might be better directed to health care measures of proven efficacy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Hindlimb RevascularizationDarren Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..By defining the role of progenitor cells in neovascularization, this proposal will support the development of novel cellular and molecular therapies for patients with vascular disease. ..