Genomes and Genes
pre T cell receptor alpha chain
Gene Symbol: pre T cell receptor alpha chain
Description: pre T-cell antigen receptor alpha
Alias: PT-ALPHA, PTA, pT-alpha-TCR, pre-T-cell receptor alpha chain
Publications142 found, 100 shown here
- Extrathymic TCR gene rearrangement in human small intestine: identification of new splice forms of recombination activating gene-1 mRNA with selective tissue expressionAnna Bas
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Division for Immunology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Immunol 171:3359-71. 2003..This seems to be achieved by two parallel processes, extrathymic T cell development and peripheral Ag-driven TCR editing...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-1 glycoproteins gp120 and gp160 specifically inhibit the CD3/T cell-antigen receptor phosphoinositide transduction pathwayD Cefai
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Tissulaire, Group Hospitalier GH Pitié Salpétrière, Paris, France
J Clin Invest 86:2117-24. 1990....
- [Transluminal angioplasty in renovascular hypertension with renal insufficiency]X Jeunemaitre
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:217-20. 1988From 1985 to 1986, 71 patients with renovascular hypertension were treated by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA)...
- Extraosseous blood supply of the tibia and the effects of different plating techniques: a human cadaveric studyJoseph Borrelli
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Orthop Trauma 16:691-5. 2002..To describe the extraosseous blood supply of the tibia and how the blood supply of the distal tibia is influenced by different plating techniques...
- Presbycusis and phonemic regressionJ Tyberghein
Department ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, UZ Leuven, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 50:85-90. 1996..In older subjects (more than 50 years) with a normal PTA or with a high frequency hearing loss, the speech intelligibility is better in a silent than in a noisy environment ..
- Intratympanic dexamethasone for sudden sensorineural hearing loss after failure of systemic therapyDavid S Haynes
Vanderbilt University Medical Center The Otology Group of Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Laryngoscope 117:3-15. 2007..We reviewed our experience with intratympanic steroids in the treatment of patients with sudden SNHL to determine overall success, morbidity, and prognostic factors...
- Lessons learned from more than 1,000 pancreas transplants at a single institutionD E Sutherland
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Ann Surg 233:463-501. 2001..To determine outcome in diabetic pancreas transplant recipients according to risk factors and the surgical techniques and immunosuppressive protocols that evolved during a 33-year period at a single institution...
- One-year prospective quality-of-life outcomes in patients treated with angioplasty for symptomatic peripheral arterial diseaseCorey A Kalbaugh
Academic Department of Surgery, Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:296-302; discussion 302-3. 2006Despite lower reported patency rates than open bypass, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) may result in symptom relief, limb salvage, maintenance of ambulation and independent living, and overall improved quality of life...
- Purification and characterization of two extremely thermostable enzymes, phosphate acetyltransferase and acetate kinase, from the hyperthermophilic eubacterium Thermotoga maritimaA K Bock
Institut fur Pflanzenphysiologie und Mikrobiologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Bacteriol 181:1861-7. 1999Phosphate acetyltransferase (PTA) and acetate kinase (AK) of the hyperthermophilic eubacterium Thermotoga maritima have been purified 1,500- and 250-fold, respectively, to apparent homogeneity...
- Binding of a thromboxane A2 (TXA2)/prostaglandin H2 (PGH2) receptor antagonist to rabbit and pig heart membrane proteinB Lasserre
, Institut de Physiologie, Toulouse, France
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 47:153-7. 1992..thromboxane binding to protein of membrane preparations from rabbit and pig hearts were carried out using [125I]-PTA-OH, a potent specific thromboxane receptor antagonist. The following points are stressed: 1...
- [Preocclusive stenosis of the extracranial vertebral artery. Treatment by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and insertion of endoprosthesis]C H Castaño Duque
Servicio Radiodiagnóstico Unidad Neurorradiología Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, 08025, Espana
Rev Neurol 32:430-6. 2001..Surgical treatment is difficult and risky. Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) is only partly useful due to a high rate of restenosis...
- Intravascular brachytherapy for peripheral vascular diseaseVitali Gorenoi
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Abteilung für Epidemiologie, Sozialmedizin und Gesundheitssystemforschung, Hannover, Deutschland
GMS Health Technol Assess 4:Doc08. 2008SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND : Percutaneous transluminal angioplasties (PTA) through balloon dilatation with or without stenting, i.e...
- Short communication: Composition of milk protein and milk fatty acids is stable for cows differing in genetic merit for milk productionG Bobe
Animal Breeding and Genetic Group, Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:3955-60. 2007..merit for milk production were used for each cow: genetic line, parent average predicted transmitting ability (PTA) for milk, and cow milk PTA...
- Incidence and clinical significance of distal embolization during percutaneous interventions involving the superficial femoral arteryRussell C Lam
Division of Vascular Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians, Weill Medical College of Cornell University New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:1155-9. 2007..The rate and timing of embolization at various phases of intervention such as guidewire crossing, balloon angioplasty, stent deployment, and directional atherectomy were analyzed and compared...
- Fusobacterium necrophorum: most prevalent pathogen in peritonsillar abscess in DenmarkTejs Ehlers Klug
Departments of Otorhinolaryngology, Aarhus University Hospitals, Aarhus County, Denmark
Clin Infect Dis 49:1467-72. 2009..are commonly regarded as the most prevalent cause of acute bacterial tonsillitis and peritonsillar abscess (PTA)...
- Vaccination with proteus toxic agglutinin, a hemolysin-independent cytotoxin in vivo, protects against Proteus mirabilis urinary tract infectionPraveen Alamuri
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0620, USA
Infect Immun 77:632-41. 2009..the roles of two established cytotoxins, the HpmA hemolysin, a secreted cytotoxin, and proteus toxic agglutinin (Pta), a surface-associated cytotoxin, mutant analysis was used in conjunction with a mouse model of ascending UTI...
- [Lateralization of renin secretion in renovascular hypertension with bilateral arterial stenosis]P Bernadet
, CHU Toulouse-Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 81:207-11. 1988..7 patients underwent PTA or surgery. 2 kidneys with arterial thrombosis were nephrectomized...
- Enzymes and genes of taurine and isethionate dissimilation in Paracoccus denitrificansChantal Brüggemann
Department of Biology, The University, D 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Microbiology 150:805-16. 2004..TDH; presumably TauXY) as well as Xsc (subgroup 3), a hypothetical protein and phosphate acetyltransferase (Pta). A similar cluster was found in P...
- [The value of coagulation factors in severity categorization of hepatitis B-related liver cirrhosis]Qin Li
Liver Research Center, Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 44:188-90. 2005..To investigate the diagnostic value of coagulation factors in assessing the severity degree of liver cirrhosis caused by hepatitis B...
- [Renovascular hypertension in a child with type 1 neurofibromatosis]Amira Peco-Antic
University Children s Hospital, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 131:254-8. 2003..either ineffective or have the potential risk for acute renal failure, while percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) has limited success due to the ostial localization of RAS and the tough fibrotic tissue involved that is ..
- Speech and language development in a population of Swedish hearing-impaired pre-school children, a cross-sectional studyErik Borg
Ahlsen Research Institute, Orebro University Hospital, S 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:1061-77. 2007....
- [Multicenter evaluation on different analyzers of three methods for direct HDL-cholesterol assay]M Egloff
Laboratoire des Lipides, Service de Biochimie Medicale, Hopital de la Pitie, 75651 Paris Cedex 13
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 57:561-72. 1999..of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoproteins by the sodium phosphotungstate/magnesium chloride reagent (PTA)...
- The genetic relationship of body weight and early-lactation health disorders in two experimental herdsE Frigo
Department of Veterinary Sciences and Technologies for Food Safety, University of Milan, Via Celoria 10, Milano, Italy
J Dairy Sci 93:1184-92. 2010..BW change (BWC) and genetic correlations of BW and BWC with diseases and genomic predicted transmitting abilities (PTA) of productive and conformation traits of Holsteins during the first 120 DIM...
- Infrapopliteal angioplasty for critical limb ischemia: relation of TransAtlantic InterSociety Consensus class to outcome in 176 limbsKristina A Giles
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:128-36. 2008Recent data suggest that percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) may be appropriate primary therapy for critical limb ischemia (CLI)...
- Temporary changes in hearing after exposure to shooting noiseMałgorzata Pawlaczyk-Luszczyńska
Department of Physical Hazards, Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, Lodz, Poland
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 17:285-93. 2004..particularly transient-evoked otoacoustic emissions (TEOAE), might be more sensitive than pure-tone audiometry (PTA) in the assessment of changes to cochlea caused by noise...
- [Usefulness of a percutaneous endoprosthesis in the treatment of renal artery stenoses]F Joffre
Service Central de Radiologie, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:1199-204. 1989..the cases stenosis of the renal artery cannot be satisfactorily dilated by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), and about 10 p. 100 of the patients successfully dilated have short-term restenosis...
- Preliminary results of subintimal angioplasty for limb salvage in lower extremities with severe chronic ischemia and limb-threatening ischemiaStuart I Myers
McGuire Research Institute McGuire VA Medical Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:1239-46. 2006This study examined the hypothesis that superficial femoral artery (SFA) subintimal angioplasty (SI-PTA) can maintain limb salvage with minimal complications in patients with symptomatic occlusive arterial disease.
- Effects of early auditory experience on the spoken language of deaf children at 3 years of ageJohanna Grant Nicholas
Central Institute for the Deaf Research, Department of Otolaryngology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ear Hear 27:286-98. 2006..The purpose of the analysis was to examine the effects of age, duration, and type of early auditory experience on spoken language competence at age 3.5 yr...
- Captopril renography and the effect of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty on blood pressure in 94 patients with renal artery stenosisG G Geyskes
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 4:685S-689S. 1991We treated 94 patients by percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) for renal artery stenosis (RAS)...
- A history of loss of consciousness or post-traumatic amnesia in minor head injury: "conditio sine qua non" or one of the risk factors?M Smits
Department of Radiology, Erasmus MC University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:1359-64. 2007A history of loss of consciousness (LOC) or post-traumatic amnesia (PTA) is commonly considered a prerequisite for minor head injury (MHI), although neurocranial complications also occur when LOC/PTA are absent, particularly in the ..
- Hearing preservation in the resection of vestibular schwannomas: patterns of hearing preservation and patient-assessed hearing functionJoshua J Wind
Department of Neurological Surgery, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
J Neurosurg 114:1232-40. 2011..Therefore, using objective audiometric data and patient perceptions of hearing function as outlined on a questionnaire, the authors evaluated the hearing of patients who underwent VS resection...
- Photoaffinity receptor antagonist for human platelet thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 receptorsD E Mais
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425
Biochem Pharmacol 40:1457-61. 1990..11,12-methano-16-(3-azido-4-iodophenoxy)-13,14- dihydro-13-aza-15 alpha beta-omega-tetranor TXA2 (I-PTA-PON3) was synthesized and evaluated as a potential photoaffinity probe of the human platelet thromboxane A2/..
- Acetaldehyde depresses myocardial contraction and cardiac myocyte shortening in spontaneously hypertensive rats: role of intracellular Ca2+R A Brown
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 45:453-65. 1999..5 Hz. Contractile properties analyzed include: peak tension development (PTD), peak twitch amplitude (PTA), time-to-PTD/PTA (TPT/TPS), time-to-90% relaxation/relengthening (RT90/TR90) and maximal velocities of contraction/..
- Otoacoustic emissions, ear fullness and tinnitus in the recovery course of sudden deafnessIeda M Ishida
Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, 65, Tsurumai cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 35:41-6. 2008This study aimed to investigate how the symptoms of ear fullness, tinnitus and otoacoustic emissions (OAE) change in relation to the recovery course of pure tone audiometry thresholds (PTA) in sudden deafness (SD).
- Evaluation of Western blotting methods using samples with or without sodium phosphotungstic acid precipitation for diagnosis of scrapie and chronic wasting diseaseHongsheng Huang
Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Vet Res 69:193-9. 2005..procedures: an abnormal prion protein (PrPSc) concentration procedure using sodium phosphotungstic acid (PTA) precipitation and a procedure using crude sample without precipitation...
- Cloning, characterization, and functional expression of acs, the gene which encodes acetyl coenzyme A synthetase in Escherichia coliS Kumari
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Bacteriol 177:2878-86. 1995..A through an acetyladenylate intermediate; two other enzymes, acetate kinase (Ack) and phosphotransacetylase (Pta), activate acetate through an acetyl phosphate intermediate...
- Single center experience with percutaneous endovascular repair of superior vena cava syndromeJohn F Canales
St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Peripheral Vascular Intervention, Houston, Texas, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 77:733-9. 2011To demonstrate short-term effectiveness and long-term efficacy of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) with or without adjunctive therapy in treatment of superior vena cava syndrome (SVCS).
- Combination treatment of venous thoracic outlet syndrome: open surgical decompression and intraoperative angioplastyDarren B Schneider
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0222, USA
J Vasc Surg 40:599-603. 2004..in patients with venous thoracic outlet syndrome is often treated with postoperative percutaneous angioplasty (PTA). However, interval recurrent thrombosis before postoperative angioplasty is performed can be a vexing problem...
- The management of renal artery atherosclerosis for renal salvage: does stenting help?Vikram S Kashyap
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:101-8; discussion 108-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to review the outcomes and durability of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and stenting (PTA/S) for patients with RAS and decreasing renal function.
- Pathway identification combining metabolic flux and functional genomics analyses: acetate and propionate activation by Corynebacterium glutamicumAndrea Veit
Institute of Biotechnology 1, Research Center Julich, Julich, Germany
J Biotechnol 140:75-83. 2009..on acetate as sole carbon source requires acetate activation by acetate kinase (AK) and phosphotransacetylase (PTA), encoded in the pta-ack operon...
- Chromatin defects in normal and malformed human ejaculated and epididymal spermatozoa: a cytochemical ultrastructural studyS Francavilla
Department of Internal Medicine, University of L Aquila, Italy
J Reprod Fertil 106:259-68. 1996..were examined by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) after the staining by alcoholic phosphotungstic acid (PTA) of normal and malformed ejaculated spermatozoa from 35 male partners of infertile couples, and in six sperm ..
- [Stenosis of the renal artery of the transplant: comparison between interventional and medical treatment]P Bernadet
, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1107-10. 1994..An interventional procedure was performed in 16 patients (group 1): surgery in 5 and transluminal angioplasty (PTA) in 11. Nine other patients were medically treated (group 2)...
- Genotoxic activity and inhibition of soil respiration by ptaquiloside, a bracken fern carcinogenBjørn Schmidt
The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Department of Natural Sciences, Thorvaldsensvej 40, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:2751-6. 2005Ptaquiloside (PTA) is a natural toxin produced by bracken (Pteridium aquilinum [L.] Kuhn). Assessment of PTA toxicity is needed because PTA deposited from bracken to soil may leach to surface and groundwater...
- [Restenosis and remodeling after percutaneous transluminal carotid angioplasty]A Madrid
, , Sevilla,
Rev Neurol 27:649-52. 1998INTRODUCTION: The characteristics of restenosis and remodeling after carotid percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) were badly known. OBJECTIVE: To describe these characteristics in our series of carotid PTA...
- Stenting vs above knee polytetrafluoroethylene bypass for TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus-II C and D superficial femoral artery diseaseHasan H Dosluoglu
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, VA Western New York Healthcare System, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:1166-74. 2008..Percutaneous balloon angioplasty/stenting (PTA/S) and above knee femoropopliteal bypass (AK-FPB) using polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) for these lesions were ..
- Long-term outcome after angioplasty of symptomatic internal carotid artery stenosis with and without stentO Wittkugel
Department of Neuroradiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Gebäuder W14, Hamburg 20246, Germany
Neuroradiology 50:243-9. 2008..angioplasty and stenting (CAS) has widely replaced balloon angioplasty (percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, PTA) in the treatment of internal carotid artery stenosis (ICAS)...
- Randomized controlled trial of aspirin and clopidogrel versus aspirin and placebo on markers of smooth muscle proliferation before and after peripheral angioplastyAlasdair M Wilson
Department of Surgery, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 50:861-9. 2009..arterial disease (PAD) patients, a limiting factor in the success of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) is the development of restenosis secondary to vascular smooth muscle cell (SMC) proliferation...
- Clinical advantage of abscess tonsillectomy in peritonsillar abscessS Brojerdian
Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Department, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Brugman, , Bruxelles
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 54:459-64. 2000At the moment, regardless of the prevalence of the peritonsillar abscess (PTA), a definite protocol concerning the treatment of PTA has not yet been established and the treatment remains controversial...
- Effects of oral cilostazol 100 mg BID on long-term patency after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty in patients with femoropopliteal disease undergoing hemodialysis: a retrospective chart review in Japanese patientsHideki Ishii
Cardiovascular Center, Nagoya Kyoritsu Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Clin Ther 32:24-33. 2010Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) for femoropopliteal lesions in peripheral artery disease has been performed in patients undergoing hemodialysis as well as in the general population...
- Cloning, sequence analysis, and hyperexpression of the genes encoding phosphotransacetylase and acetate kinase from Methanosarcina thermophilaM T Latimer
Department of Biochemistry and Anaerobic Microbiology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061 0305
J Bacteriol 175:6822-9. 1993The genes for the acetate-activating enzymes, acetate kinase and phosphotransacetylase (ack and pta), from Methanosarcina thermophila TM-1 were cloned and sequenced...
- [The effect of angioplasty on cerebral vasomotor reactivity in patients with important stenosis of the internal carotid artery]C Arenas
, , Sevilla
Rev Neurol 24:224-6. 1996INTRODUCTION: We present the preliminary results of the effects on percutaneous translumenal angioplasty (PTA) cerebral haemodynamics in thirty patients with important stenosis of the internal carotidal artery...
- Long-term outcomes of primary angioplasty and primary stenting of central venous stenosis in hemodialysis patientsAndrew M Bakken
Center for Vascular Disease, Department of Surgery, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:776-83. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine the outcomes of primary angioplasty (PTA) vs primary stenting (PTS) in a dialysis access population at a tertiary referral academic medical center.
- A comparison of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty versus amputation for critical limb ischemia in patients unsuitable for open surgerySpence M Taylor
Academic Department of Surgery, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:304-10; discussion 310-1. 2007Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), although not the traditional therapy, seems to be a safe alternative for patients with critical limb ischemia who are believed to be unsuitable candidates for open surgery...
- Effects of stimulus level on the speech perception abilities of children using cochlear implants or digital hearing aidsLisa S Davidson
Central Institute for the Deaf, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ear Hear 27:493-507. 2006..a child should continue using digital signal processing (DSP) hearing aids with wide dynamic range compression (WDRC) or be recommended for a cochlear implant, based on the unaided pure-tone average (PTA at 500, 1000, and 2000 Hz).
- Change in practice patterns of an academic division of vascular surgeryHouman Solomon
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California University Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arch Surg 142:733-6; discussion 736-7. 2007..Technological advances have required that faculty of academic divisions of vascular surgery acquire new technical skills and significantly alter their past clinical practice patterns...
- Quantification of biotransformation of chlorinated hydrocarbons in a biostimulation study: added value via stable carbon isotope analysisSarah K Hirschorn
Stable Isotope Laboratory, Department of Geology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Contam Hydrol 94:249-60. 2007..isotope analysis of chlorinated aliphatic compounds was performed at an in situ biostimulation pilot test area (PTA) at a site where 1,2-dichloroethane (1,2-DCA) and trichloroethene (TCE) were present in groundwater...
- Ethanol-phosphotungstic acid and bismuth staining of spermatid nucleoli in mouse spermiogenesisI K Takeuchi
Department of Embryology, Institute for Developmental Research, Aichi Prefectural Colony, Japan
J Struct Biol 103:104-12. 1990The nucleoli of developing mouse spermatids were examined with ethanol-phosphotungstic acid (E-PTA) staining, and also with bismuth staining following formaldehyde fixation (FA-Bi staining) and glutaraldehyde fixation (GA-Bi staining)...
- Platelets and cytokines in concert with endothelial activation in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseD A Tsakiris
Haemostasis Laboratory DCL, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 11:165-73. 2000..platelet activation in 71 patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease undergoing peripheral angioplasty (PTA)...
- Construction and characterization of pta gene-deleted mutant of Clostridium tyrobutyricum for enhanced butyric acid fermentationYing Zhu
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 90:154-66. 2005..tyrobutyricum. A nonreplicative integrational plasmid containing the phosphotransacetylase gene (pta) fragment cloned from C...
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression of genes encoding phosphotransacetylase and acetate kinase from Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824Z L Boynton
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 62:2758-66. 1996The enzymes phosphotransacetylase (PTA) and acetate kinase (AK) catalyze the conversion of acetyl coenzyme A to acetate in the fermentation of Clostridium acetobutylicum...
- The changing roles of radiologists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons in percutaneous peripheral arterial interventions during a recent five-year intervalDavid C Levin
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 2:39-42. 2005....
- Effect of inactivation of nuo and ackA-pta on redistribution of metabolic fluxes in Escherichia coliY T Yang
Departments of Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering, Rice University, PO Box 1892, MS 142, Houston, Texas 77251 1892, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 65:291-7. 1999..Interactions between nuo and the acetate-producing pathway encoded by ackA-pta were investigated by examining the metabolic patterns of several mutant strains under anaerobic growth conditions...
- Kinetic analysis of a TxA2 receptor antagonist. Evidence for the existence of an uptake systemP A Modesti
Clinica Medica I, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Eicosanoids 3:139-43. 1990..of its putative uptake by platelets (plt) were investigated with a radiolabelled structural TxA2 analogue, 125I-PTA-OH, in platelets from 6 male healthy volunteers...
- Management of late-onset portal vein complications in pediatric living-donor liver transplantationYong Pil Cho
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Transplant 18:64-71. 2014The purpose of this study was to evaluate retrospectively the results of PTA for late-onset PV complications after pediatric LDLT and to assess whether a meso-Rex shunt is a viable option for treating restenosis of the PV after PTA in ..
- Mechanism of enantioseparation of DL-pantothenic acid in ligand exchange capillary electrophoresis using a diol-borate systemSen ichi Aizawa
Faculty of Engineering, Toyama University, Gofuku, Toyama, Japan
Electrophoresis 27:880-6. 2006..2 containing borate, (S)-3-amino-1,2-propanediol (SAP), and DL-pantothenic acid (DL-PTA) were identified by 13C and 11B NMR, and it is confirmed that the binary complexes, [B(OH)2(SAP)], [B(SAP)2]+ [B(OH)..
- [Computed tomography image analysis of peritonsillar abscess]Junichiro Ohori
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 116:947-52. 2013The peritonsillar abscess (PTA) is one of the most common infectious diseases in the head and neck area and is treated with puncture, incision, or abscess tonsillectomy...
- Measurement of the patellar tendon-tibial plateau angle and tuberosity advancement in dogs with cranial cruciate ligament rupture. Reliability of the common tangent and tibial plateau methods of measurementM Millet
Dr M Millet, DVM, Unité Chirurgie and Anesthésiologie, VetAgro Sup Campus Vétérinaire de Lyon, 1 av Bourgelat, F 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France, Phone 33 663 355 041, Fax 33 478 870 640, E mail
Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 26:469-78. 2013..of the common tangent (CT) and tibial plateau angle (TP) methods in terms of measuring the patellar tendon angle (PTA) and required advancement and (ii) determine the intra- and inter-observer reliability of observers who measured ..
- Analysis of outcomes following failed endovascular treatment of chronic limb ischemiaEvan J Ryer
Division of Vascular Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:440-6. 2006..analysis of failed transluminal infrainguinal percutaneous arterial angioplasty with or without stenting (PTA/S) in patients with CLI. A database of patients undergoing infrainguinal PTA/S between 2002 and 2005 was maintained...
- Activation of glyoxylate pathway without the activation of its related gene in succinate-producing engineered Escherichia coliLi Wen Zhu
Key Laboratory of Fermentation Engineering Ministry of Education, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan 430068, China
Metab Eng 20:9-19. 2013..inactivation of succinate biosynthesis by-products genes encoding acetate kinase (ackA) and phosphotransacetylase (pta) was proven to be the key factor to activate glyoxylate pathway in the metabolically engineered Escherichia coli ..
- Post-traumatic amnesiaLaurence A G Marshman
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Surgery, IMB 20, P O Box 670, The Townsville Hospital, Douglas, Townsville, Qld 4810, Australia School of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University, Douglas, Townsville, Qld 4810, Australia Electronic address
J Clin Neurosci 20:1475-81. 2013..traumatic brain injury (TBI), most pass through a state of altered consciousness known as "post-traumatic amnesia" (PTA)...
- [Evaluation of safe surgical treatment of peritonsillar abscess using computed tomography]Kasumi Ishii
Department of Otolaryngology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Daini Hospital, Tokyo
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 105:249-56. 2002With the development of new antimicrobial agents, the incidence of peritonsillar abscess (PTA) is on the decline. PTA is still often encountered in general practice, however, where it requires immediate diagnosis and treatment...
- Prokaryotic expression and bioactivity analysis of N-terminus domain of Pinellia ternata agglutinin using alkaline phosphatase signal peptideWei Zhou
Institute of Bioengineering, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Hangzhou 310018, People s Republic of China
Protein Expr Purif 89:84-91. 2013Pinellia ternata agglutinin (PTA) from the tubers of P. ternata is a two-domain monocot mannose-binding lectin...
- Impact of post-transplant anemia on patient and graft survival rates after kidney transplantation: a meta-analysisNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Organ Transplantation, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Clin Transplant 26:461-9. 2012The impact of post-kidney transplant anemia (PTA) on patient and graft survival rates remains controversial...
- More precise diagnosis of access stenosis: ultrasonography versus angiographyJaroslav Kudlicka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University and General University Hospital, Prague, Czech Republic
J Vasc Access 13:310-4. 2012..The therapy of choice is usually percutaneous balloon angioplasty (PTA). However, PTA injures the vessel wall and subsequent re-stenosis develops faster than de novo stenosis...
- Photothermal-chemotherapy with doxorubicin-loaded hollow gold nanospheres: A platform for near-infrared light-trigged drug releaseJian You
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Yuhangtang Road 388, Hangzhou 310058, People s Republic of China
J Control Release 158:319-28. 2012Photothermal ablation (PTA) is an emerging technique that uses near-infrared (NIR) laser light-generated heat to destroy tumor cells...
- Pinellia ternata agglutinin expression in chloroplasts confers broad spectrum resistance against aphid, whitefly, Lepidopteran insects, bacterial and viral pathogensShuangxia Jin
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL, USA
Plant Biotechnol J 10:313-27. 2012..Therefore, tobacco chloroplasts were transformed with the agglutinin gene from Pinellia ternata (pta), a widely cultivated Chinese medicinal herb. Pinellia ternata agglutinin (PTA) was expressed up to 9...
- PTA of infrapopliteal arteries: long-term clinical follow-up and analysis of factors influencing clinical outcomeJan H Peregrin
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Videnska 1958 9, 14021 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:720-5. 2010..a retrospective analysis of patients with CLI who underwent infrapopliteal percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA)...
- Does percutaneous transluminal angioplasty improve quality of life?Aoife N Keeling
Department of Academic Radiology, Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont Road, Dublin 9, Ireland
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:169-76. 2008To prospectively assess the impact of peripheral percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) on quality of life (QOL) in patients with intermittent claudication or critical limb ischemia (CLI)...
- Gamma knife radiosurgery for vestibular schwannoma: early hearing outcomes and evaluation of the cochlear doseJohn M Lasak
Department of Surgery, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, Kansas, USA
Otol Neurotol 29:1179-86. 2008..To evaluate the hearing outcomes for a group of unilateral vestibular schwannoma patients treated with gamma knife radiosurgery and to determine if the cochlear radiation dose affects hearing outcome measures...
- Prediction of the pure-tone average from the speech reception and auditory brainstem response thresholds in a geriatric populationChih Hung Chien
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 70:366-72. 2008Although the pure-tone average (PTA) remains the standard assessment of hearing status, its results are questionable in the difficult-to-test geriatric population...
- Production of polyhydroxyalkanoates by Escherichia coli mutants with defected mixed acid fermentation pathwaysJia Jian
Department of Biology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:2247-56. 2010A series of Escherichia coli BW25113 mutants with reduced mixed acid fermentation were constructed. Genes ackA-pta, poxB, ldhA, adhE, and pflB encoding acetate kinase, phosphate acetyltransferase, pyruvate oxidase, D: -lactate ..
- Ex vivo biomechanical evaluation of the canine cranial cruciate ligament-deficient stifle with varying angles of stifle joint flexion and axial loads after tibial tuberosity advancementDaniel E Hoffmann
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Vet Surg 40:311-20. 2011..force (RPF), patellar tendon load (PTL), and patellar tendon angle determined by the tibial plateau angle (PTA(TPA) ) method or common tangent (PTA(CT) ) method in the canine cranial cruciate ligament (CrCL)-deficient stifle ..
- Effect of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty on tissue oxygenation in ischemic diabetic feetHong Ryul Kim
Department of Plastic Surgery, Diabetic Wound Center, Korea University Guro Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Wound Repair Regen 19:19-24. 2011Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) has been performed as an alternative to bypass surgery for improving tissue oxygenation in ischemic diabetic feet because the former is less invasive than the latter...
- [Crural arteries PTA in patients with diabetes]P Seliga
Oddelenie cievnej chirurgie FNsP Presov, Slovenska republika
Rozhl Chir 88:444-50. 2009The authors analyse the patients hospitalized with a neuroischemic diabetic foot. They evaluate experiences and results of the crural arteries percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) in the diabetic patients.
- High prevalence of hearing disorders at the Special Olympics indicate need to screen persons with intellectual disabilityU Hild
Faculty of Medicine, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Intellect Disabil Res 52:520-8. 2008..The aims of this study are to determine the prevalence of hearing impairment, to specify type and degree of hearing loss, and to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of the screening in this population...
- Trials of endovascular treatment for superficial femoral artery occlusive lesions: a call for medically managed control patientsSamuel E Wilson
Department of Surgery, University of California, Irvine, CA, and Surgical Service, VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA 92868, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 24:498-502. 2010..The attraction of minimally invasive, percutaneous endovascular angioplasty (PTA) for this large number of patients has resulted in multiple trials of new PTA +/- stenting devices...
- Association of central obesity with the severity and audiometric configurations of age-related hearing impairmentJuen Haur Hwang
Department of Otolaryngology, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi, Taiwan
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1796-801. 2009..and environmental noise exposure on average pure tone hearing level at low frequencies (pure tone audiometry (PTA)-low) and high frequencies (PTA-high) were analyzed...
- Clinical results of below-the knee intervention using pedal-plantar loop technique for the revascularization of foot arteriesM Manzi
Interventional Radiology Unit, Foot and Ankle Clinic, Abano Terme Clinic, Abano Terme, Padua, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 50:331-7. 2009..limb ischemia (CLI) due to below-the-knee (BTK) atherosclerotic disease, as percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) for BTK disease has shown to be feasible and safe in this setting...
- Predictive ability of direct genomic values for lifetime net merit of Holstein sires using selected subsets of single nucleotide polymorphism markersK A Weigel
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:5248-57. 2009..editing, data included genotypes for 32,518 SNP and August 2003 and April 2008 predicted transmitting abilities (PTA) for lifetime net merit (LNM$), the latter resulting from progeny testing...
- Patency rates for angioplasty in the treatment of pacemaker-induced central venous stenosis in hemodialysis patients: results of a multi-center studyArif Asif
Interventional Nephrology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Semin Dial 22:671-6. 2009..ICD) lead-induced central venous stenosis (CVS), percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty (PTA) has also been employed to manage this complication...
- Natural history of recovery from brain injury after prolonged disorders of consciousness: outcome of patients admitted to inpatient rehabilitation with 1-4 year follow-upDouglas I Katz
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Prog Brain Res 177:73-88. 2009..Further, patients with impaired consciousness are frequently denied access to hospital-based rehabilitation services because of uncertain prognosis and a perceived lack of benefit from rehabilitative interventions...
- Anterior construct location following vertebral body metastasis reconstruction through a posterolateral transpedicular approach: does it matter?Ahmed Shawky Eid
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
J Neurosurg Spine 14:734-41. 2011The posterolateral transpedicular approach (PTA) is a widely used method for the surgical treatment of vertebral body metastases...
- Balloon angioplasty versus stenting with nitinol stents in intermediate length superficial femoral artery lesionsPetra Dick
Department of Angiology, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria, Europe
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 74:1090-5. 2009..We reinvestigated whether primary nitinol stenting is associated with a morphologic and clinical benefit when compared with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty with optional stenting (PTA) in intermediate-length lesions.
- Negative impact of one-year anemia on long-term patient and graft survival in kidney transplant patients receiving calcineurin inhibitors and mycophenolate mofetilNassim Kamar
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Multiorgan Transplantation, Toulouse University Hospital, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Transplantation 85:1120-4. 2008The impact of posttransplant anemia (PTA) upon patient and graft survival remains controversial...
- Angioplasty in critical limb ischaemia: one-year limb salvage resultsUei Pua
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 37:224-9. 2008..anatomy on initial Doppler imaging received either bypass surgery or percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty (PTA). We describe the 1-year limb salvage rates in 46 consecutive patients with CLI who received PTA in 2005.
- Endovascular versus surgical preemptive repair of forearm arteriovenous fistula juxta-anastomotic stenosis: analysis of data collected prospectively from 1999 to 2004Nicola Tessitore
Divisione di Nefrologia, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:448-54. 2006..for juxta-anastomotic stenoses in forearm arteriovenous fistulas (AVF), but percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) is a suitable alternative. No prospective comparative trials between the two have been reported to date, however...
- Human erythroleukemia cells express functional thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 receptorsP R Mayeux
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 250:923-7. 1989..Radioligand binding assays were performed using [125I]PTA-OH, a TXA2/PGH2 receptor antagonist...
- Otoacoustic emissions for monitoring aminoglycoside-induced ototoxicity in children with cystic fibrosisPelagia Stavroulaki
University Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, England, UK
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:150-5. 2002To investigate whether transient-evoked and distortion-product (DP) otoacoustic emissions (OAEs) are more sensitive than pure-tone audiometry (PTA) in revealing gentamicin-induced ototoxicity in children with cystic fibrosis (CF).
- A critical role for the cytoplasmic tail of pTalpha in T lymphocyte developmentIannis Aifantis
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 3:483-8. 2002..In contrast, the pTalpha juxtamembrane cysteine appeared to be dispensable for pre-TCR function...
- Fibrinogen predicts restenosis after endovascular treatment of the iliac arteriesMartin Schillinger
Department of Angiology, University of Vienna, Medical Faculty, Austria
Thromb Haemost 87:959-65. 2002..and disturbed coagulation are suggested to cause restenosis after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA)...
- Influence of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty on transcutaneous oxygen pressure in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseHans Joachim Wagner
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Philipps University Hospital, Baldingerstrasse, Marburg 35033, Germany
Radiology 226:791-7. 2003To determine in a prospective controlled trial the effect of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) on skin oxygen supply and microcirculation as measured by means of transcutaneous oxygen pressure in patients with disabling lower-..
- MRI-Guided Angioplasty of Renal Artery StenosisReed Omary; Fiscal Year: 2005..rate, and procedure time for MRI-guided and x-ray guided percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty (PTA) of renal artery stenosis are similar; and 3) Successful MRI-guided PTA of renal artery stenosis improves kidney ..
- Iodine-125 Peripheral Intravascular Brachytherapy SystemJohn Munro; Fiscal Year: 2004..Restenosis has been the Achilles heel of PTA. The current research has shown that intravascular brachytherapy using afterloaded 192-Iridium sources has a ..
- NOVEL COLLAGEN-BASED PERIPHERAL ENDOPROSTHESISSHU TUNG LI; Fiscal Year: 2002..Verbatim from the Applicant's Abstract): Despite the wide acceptance of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) and intravascular stenting for treating patients with peripheral atherosclerotic lesions, these techniques suffer ..
- The presence of a bacterial metabolic pathway in eukaryotic fungiKERRY SCOT SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..In bacteria, ACK primarily functions with its partner enzyme phosphotransacetylase (PTA) for the interconversion of acetate and acetyl-CoA. However, PTA is absent in fungi...
- ica phase variation in Staphylococcus epidermidisPAUL FEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary data suggest that PTA production is governed by multiple layers of gene regulation...
- TGFb and Cardiac Neural Crest Cell Fate and FunctionHenry Sucov; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mutant embryos have persistent truncus arteriosus (PTA) and interrupted aortic arch (IAA- B);later in gestation, the elastic matrix of the neural crest-derived vessel ..
- Detection of Oxidized LDL in PlasmaKENNETH DOMBROWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Preliminary data using the K2F1.6 clone (deposited with the ATCC PTA-897, US patent 6,953,666B1) indicates that a wide range of positive signals can be detected in high-risk ..
- COGNITIVE AND REWARD MECHANISMS IN OPIATE ADDICTIONJose Criado; Fiscal Year: 2000..These data will provide information on the cellular neuropharmacology of the PTA and the VTA in critical septohippocampal circuits important in learning and memory and drug abuse...
- Pioneer factor interactions in embryonic stem cellsStephen T Smale; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will explore a recently discovered feature of mouse embryonic stem cells that may be critical for their unique properties. ..
- MRI-Guided Angioplasty of Coronary Artery StenosisDebiao Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to use magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to guide percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) of coronary arteries and to measure the effect of PTA on myocardial perfusion...
- EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF DIALYSIS GRAFT STENOSISMichelle Robbin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Patent grafts with stenoses treated with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) or surgical revision techniques have longer patency than thrombosed grafts after thrombectomy...
- Long-term Iron Needs of Renal Transplant RecipientsMorteza Janghorbani; Fiscal Year: 2005..An effective strategy to identify and treat post-transplant anemia (PTA) currently does not exist and its development necessitates insight into factors that affect iron absorption and ..
- CALCIUM HANDLING IN THE SPLOTCH (SP2H) MOUSE MUTANTSimon Conway; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sp2H mice exhibit persistent truncus arteriosus (PTA), an anomaly that is not predicted to cause intrauterine death...
- BRAIN RESEARCH IN EDUCATIONSusanna Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2001..the UW K-12 Institute, the Washington Science Teachers Association, Pacific Science Center and the Washington State PTA. The program will provide an opportunity for educators to access resources and expertise from the University of ..