Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRDX3
Description: peroxiredoxin 3
Alias: AOP-1, AOP1, HBC189, MER5, PRO1748, SP-22, prx-III, thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase, mitochondrial, antioxidant protein 1, peroxiredoxin III, protein MER5 homolog
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Copurification of vimentin, energy metabolism enzymes, and a MER5 homolog with nucleoside diphosphate kinase. Identification of tissue-specific interactionsA S Otero
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia Medical School, Charlottesville, Virginia 22906, USA
J Biol Chem 272:14690-4. 1997..The results suggest that while NDP kinase is associated with vimentin intermediate filaments and an antioxidant protein in most tissues, it interacts with energy metabolism enzymes in a tissue-specific manner...
- The c-Myc target gene PRDX3 is required for mitochondrial homeostasis and neoplastic transformationDiane R Wonsey
Program in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology and Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:6649-54. 2002..Here, we describe a nuclear c-Myc target gene, PRDX3, which encodes a mitochondrial protein of the peroxiredoxin gene family...
- Nonredundant antioxidant defense by multiple two-cysteine peroxiredoxins in human prostate cancer cellsChuanlu Shen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Med 8:95-102. 2002..Because mammalian Prxs have not been experimentally deleted or inhibited, it is not known how much they contribute to antioxidant defense, nor whether the multiple isoforms afford redundant or additive protection...
- Overexpression of mitochondrial thioredoxin reductase and peroxiredoxin III in hepatocellular carcinomasJoon Hyuk Choi
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, 705 717, Korea
Anticancer Res 22:3331-5. 2002Thioredoxin reductase 2 (TrxR2), thioredoxin II (Trx II) and peroxiredoxin III (Prx III) are specifically localized in mitochondria and believed to play important roles in the regulation of cellular redox status by serving as a primary ..
- Peroxiredoxin III, a mitochondrion-specific peroxidase, regulates apoptotic signaling by mitochondriaTong Shin Chang
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:41975-84. 2004..Depletion of Prx III resulted in increased intracellular levels of H(2)O(2) and sensitized cells to induction of apoptosis by ..
- RPK118, a PX domain-containing protein, interacts with peroxiredoxin-3 through pseudo-kinase domainsLingling Liu
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Mol Cells 19:39-45. 2005..In this study we identified a novel RPK118-binding protein, PRDX3 (peroxiredoxin-3), by yeast two-hybrid screening...
- Localization and H2O2-specific induction of PRDX3 in the eye lensWanda Lee
Department of Biomedical Science, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Mol Vis 13:1469-74. 2007b>Peroxiredoxin III (PRDX3) is a mitochondrial peroxidase that defends cells against oxidative damage and therefore could play a role in cataract formation...
- Silencing of peroxiredoxin 3 and peroxiredoxin 5 reveals the role of mitochondrial peroxiredoxins in the protection of human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells toward MPP+Stéphanie De Simoni
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 5 Place Croix du Sud, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Neurosci Lett 433:219-24. 2008Peroxiredoxins (PRDXs) are a family of peroxidases well conserved throughout evolution. Human PRDX3 and PRDX5, two mitochondrial PRDXs, have been implicated in several pathologies associated with oxidative stress...
- Reduction of mitochondrial H2O2 by overexpressing peroxiredoxin 3 improves glucose tolerance in miceLiuji Chen
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
Aging Cell 7:866-78. 2008..Peroxiredoxin 3 (Prdx3/Prx3) is a thioredoxin peroxidase localized in mitochondria...
- Sulfiredoxin Translocation into Mitochondria Plays a Crucial Role in Reducing Hyperoxidized Peroxiredoxin IIIYou Hyun Noh
College of Pharmacy, Division of Life and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Center for Cell Signaling and Drug Discovery Research, Ewha Womans University, Science Building C, 11 1 Daehyun Dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 750, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:8470-7. 2009..However, whereas Srx is localized in the cytoplasm, Prx III is present exclusively in the mitochondria...
- Expression of human peroxiredoxin isoforms in response to cervical carcinogenesisKiyoon Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical Science and Engineering Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species, Biomedical Science Institute, Kyunghee University School of Medicine, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Oncol Rep 21:1391-6. 2009..No difference in staining intensity by grade of lesion was observed for Prx I, and IV. Therefore, we conclude that Prx II and III are upregulated in response to the development of cervical cancer...
- Redox potential and peroxide reactivity of human peroxiredoxin 3Andrew G Cox
Free Radical Research Group and National Research Centre for Growth and Development, Department of Pathology, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochemistry 48:6495-501. 2009..Using dithiothreitol redox buffers, we measured the redox potential of Prx 3 of -290 mV. This is similar to the redox potential of mitochondrial thioredoxin 2 and is consistent with optimal operation of Prx 3 in the mitochondrial matrix...
- Silencing the Peroxiredoxin III gene inhibits cell proliferation in breast cancerPei Jou Chua
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, and Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital, MD10, S 117 597, Singapore
Int J Oncol 36:359-64. 2010b>Peroxiredoxin III (Prx III), an antioxidant protein found in mitochondria, plays an essential role in mitochondrial homeostasis. Aberrant expression of Prx III has been implicated in the tumorigenesis of various cancers...
- Removal of amino acid, peptide and protein hydroperoxides by reaction with peroxiredoxins 2 and 3Alexander V Peskin
Free Radical Research Group, Department of Pathology, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochem J 432:313-21. 2010..Prxs are therefore favoured intracellular targets for peptide/protein hydroperoxides and have the potential to detoxify these species in vivo...
- Both thioredoxin 2 and glutaredoxin 2 contribute to the reduction of the mitochondrial 2-Cys peroxiredoxin Prx3Eva Maria Hanschmann
Institut für Klinische Zytobiologie und Zytopathologie, Fachbereich Medizin, Philipps Universitat, DE 35037 Marburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:40699-705. 2010..These results introduce Grx2 as a novel electron donor for Prx3, providing further insights into pivotal cellular redox signaling mechanisms...
- Differential expression of peroxiredoxins in prostate cancer: consistent upregulation of PRDX3 and PRDX4Anamika Basu
Center for Health Disparities and Molecular Medicine, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 92350, USA
Prostate 71:755-65. 2011..Because their significance in prostate cancer (PCa) is unclear, we investigated their expression and clinical associations in PCa...
- Peroxiredoxins 3 and 4 are overexpressed in prostate cancer tissue and affect the proliferation of prostate cancer cells in vitroRamesh Ummanni
Department of Oncology, Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Section Pneumology, Hubertus Wald Tumour Zentrum, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Proteome Res 11:2452-66. 2012..and mass spectrometry were performed for protein identification, and data validation for peroxiredoxin 3 and 4 (PRDX3 and PRDX4) was accomplished by reverse phase protein arrays (RPPA)...
- MicroRNA-23b downregulates peroxiredoxin III in human prostate cancerHui Chan He
Department of Urology, Guangdong Key Laboratory of Clinical Molecular Medicine and Diagnostics, Guangzhou First Municipal People s Hospital, Affiliated Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510180, China
FEBS Lett 586:2451-8. 2012To investigate the mechanism by which peroxiredoxin III (PRDX3) is altered in human prostate cancer (PCa), we used microRNA (miRNA) target prediction program and miRNA microarray to predict and identify miR-23b as a candidate miRNA that ..
- Mitochondrial-targeted nitroxides disrupt mitochondrial architecture and inhibit expression of peroxiredoxin 3 and FOXM1 in malignant mesothelioma cellsBrian Cunniff
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Cell Physiol 228:835-45. 2013....
- SP-22 is a thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase in mitochondriaS Watabe
Radioisotope Laboratory, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 249:52-60. 1997..From these results we concluded that SP-22 is thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase or so-called thioredoxin peroxidase in mitochondria from the adrenal cortex...
- Mitochondrial thioredoxin reductase in bovine adrenal cortex its purification, properties, nucleotide/amino acid sequences, and identification of selenocysteineS Watabe
Radioisotope Laboratory, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 264:74-84. 1999..Our data clearly show that mitochondria, which might have originated from symbiotic prokaryotes, contain thioredoxin reductase similar to the cytosolic enzyme and different from the bacterial one...
- A human cDNA corresponding to a gene overexpressed during cell proliferation encodes a product sharing homology with amoebic and bacterial proteinsM T Prosperi
Laboratoire d Oncogenèse, Institut Curie, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 268:11050-6. 1993..codes for a 22-kDa protein, devoid of known consensus motifs, and shares 66% homology with a murine gene product (MER5) that is preferentially expressed in erythroleukemia cells during the early period of cell differentiation...
- Thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase from yeastH Z Chae
Laboratory of Biochemistry, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 269:27670-8. 1994..The Saccharomyces cerevisiae thioredoxin reductase gene was also cloned and sequenced, and the deduced amino sequence was shown to be 51% identical with that of the Escherichia coli enzyme...
- Common deleted genes in the 5q- syndrome: thrombocytopenia and reduced erythroid colony formation in SPARC null miceS Lehmann
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Leukemia 21:1931-6. 2007..36, member 1 (SLC36A1; 89% downregulated), Ras-GTPase-activating protein SH3 domain-binding (G3BP; 79%), antioxidant protein 1 (ATOX1; 76%), colony-stimulating factor-1 receptor precursor (CSF1R; 76%), ribosomal protein S14 (RPS14; ..
- The role of enoyl-CoA hydratase short chain 1 and peroxiredoxin 3 in PP2-induced apoptosis in human breast cancer MCF-7 cellsXiang Liu
College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, PR China
FEBS Lett 584:3185-92. 2010..apoptosis and down-regulates the expression of enoyl-CoA hydratase short chain 1 (ECHS1) and peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3) in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells...
- Evolutionary history of sex-linked mammalian amelogenin genesMineyo Iwase
Department of Biosystems Science, Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Hayama, Japan
Cells Tissues Organs 186:49-59. 2007..genes too differentiated from each other in two steps; first in the 5' region (the promoter region to transposon MER5 in intron 2) and second in the remaining 3' region...
- Cloning of a housekeeping-type gene (MER5) preferentially expressed in murine erythroleukemia cellsT Yamamoto
Department of Cell Biology, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Gene 80:337-43. 1989..An open reading frame was noted in the cloned DNA, and was tentatively designated MER5. The MER5 mRNA is abundant in three MEL cell lines, but less in other tissues or cell lines...
- Cloning of bovine peroxiredoxins-gene expression in bovine tissues and amino acid sequence comparison with rat, mouse and primate peroxiredoxinsGregory Leyens
Unité des Sciences vétérinaires, Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 5, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 136:943-55. 2003..b>PRDX3 and PRDX6 had previously been cloned and characterized in bovine...
- The mitochondrial type II peroxiredoxin F is essential for redox homeostasis and root growth of Arabidopsis thaliana under stressIris Finkemeier
Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, University of Bielefeld, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:12168-80. 2005..Therefore, it might be assumed to have functions similar to the human 2-Cys Prx (PRDX3) and type II Prx (PRDX5) and yeast 1-Cys Prx that likewise have mitochondrial localizations...
- FoxM1, a critical regulator of oxidative stress during oncogenesisHyun Jung Park
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
EMBO J 28:2908-18. 2009..in turn, downregulates ROS levels by stimulating expression of ROS scavenger genes, such as MnSOD, catalase and PRDX3. FoxM1 depletion sensitizes cells to oxidative stress and increases oncogene-induced premature senescence...
- Characterization of human and murine PMP20 peroxisomal proteins that exhibit antioxidant activity in vitroH Yamashita
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 274:29897-904. 1999..Because some portion of PMP20 might also be present in the cytosol, HsPMP20 may also have a protective effect in the cytoplasm...
- Cloning and characterization of AOEB166, a novel mammalian antioxidant enzyme of the peroxiredoxin familyB Knoops
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Department of Biology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Biol Chem 274:30451-8. 1999..Finally, acute inflammation induced in rat lung by lipopolysaccharide is associated with an increase of AOEB166 mRNA levels in lung, suggesting a protective role for AOEB166 in oxidative and inflammatory processes...
- Reconstitution of the mitochondrial PrxIII antioxidant defence pathway: general properties and factors affecting PrxIII activity and oligomeric stateZhenbo Cao
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Mol Biol 372:1022-33. 2007..Moreover, concatenated PrxIII C168S reverts to single toroids on crystal dissolution indicating that these higher-order structures are produced dynamically during the crystallisation process...
- Peroxiredoxin 3 (PDRX3) is highly expressed in the primate retina especially in blue conesErnesto F Moreira
Mechanisms of Retinal Disease Section, LRCMB, National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Eye Res 86:452-5. 2008..b>Peroxiredoxin III (PRDX3) is one of a family of six known peroxiredoxins which are known to protect cells against oxidative ..
- Stress-induced peroxiredoxinsTetsuro Ishii
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8575 Japan
Subcell Biochem 44:375-84. 2007..Gene expression of both Prx I and II is activated by X-ray irradiation of the testis. Mitochondrial Prx III is up-regulated by stress agents in both cultured cells and experimental animals...
- Oxidative damage increases and antioxidant gene expression decreases with aging in the mouse ovaryJinhwan Lim
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Biol Reprod 84:775-82. 2011..increased and expression of glutaredoxin 1 (Glrx1), glutathione S-transferase mu 2 (Gstm2), peroxiredoxin 3 (Prdx3), and thioredoxin 2 (Txn2) decreased in a statistically significant manner with age...
- Mutations in LRRK2 increase phosphorylation of peroxiredoxin 3 exacerbating oxidative stress-induced neuronal deathDario C Angeles
Neuroscience Laboratory, Singapore Health Services Research Facilities, Singapore
Hum Mutat 32:1390-7. 2011..Here, we show that LRRK2 interacts with human peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3), a mitochondrial member of the antioxidant family of thioredoxin (Trx) peroxidases...
- MiR-383 is downregulated in medulloblastoma and targets peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3)Kay Ka Wai Li
Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Brain Pathol 23:413-25. 2013..By transcriptomic analysis and computational algorithms, we identified peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3) as a target gene of miR-383...
- siRNA targeting of PRDX3 enhances cisplatin‑induced apoptosis in ovarian cancer cells through the suppression of the NF‑κB signaling pathwayJie Duan
Gynecology, Maternal and Child Health Hospital of Hubei Province, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, PR China
Mol Med Rep 7:1688-94. 2013..The present study aimed to investigate the effect and mechanism of the downregulation of PRDX3 on cisplatin‑induced ovarian cancer cell apoptosis...
- Modulation of the peroxiredoxin system by cytokines in insulin-producing RINm5F cells: down-regulation of PRDX6 increases susceptibility of beta cells to oxidative stressFlavia M M Paula
Department of Anatomy, Cellular Biology and Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Mol Cell Endocrinol 374:56-64. 2013..RINm5F cells expressed significant amounts of PRDX1, PRDX3 and PRDX6 enzymes...
- Peroxiredoxin-3 is overexpressed in prostate cancer and promotes cancer cell survival by protecting cells from oxidative stressH C Whitaker
Uro Oncology Research Group, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Br J Cancer 109:983-93. 2013..PRDX-3 is a member of the peroxiredoxin family that are responsible for neutralising reactive oxygen species...
- Lymphocyte mitochondria: toward identification of peripheral biomarkers in the progression of Alzheimer diseaseRukhsana Sultana
Department of Chemistry, Center of Membrane Sciences, Sanders Brown Center on Aging, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506 0055, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 65:595-606. 2013..Increased understanding of oxidative stress and protein alterations in easily obtainable peripheral tissues will be helpful in developing biomarkers to combat this devastating disorder. ..
- Molecular basis for the resistance of human mitochondrial 2-Cys peroxiredoxin 3 to hyperoxidationAlexina C Haynes
From the Center for Structural Biology and Department of Biochemistry
J Biol Chem 288:29714-23. 2013..Given the oxidizing environment of the mitochondrion, it makes sense that Prx3 would favor disulfide bond formation as a protection mechanism against hyperoxidation and inactivation. ..
- Peroxiredoxin 2 nuclear levels are regulated by circadian clock synchronization in human keratinocytesDaniele Avitabile
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Molecolare, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy Laboratiorio Biologia Vascolare e Medicina Rigenerativa, Centro Cardiologico Monzino IRCCS, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 53:24-34. 2014..Donwregulation of PRDX2 resulted in upregulation of the mitochondrion-specific Peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3), all other members of the Peroxiredoxin family remained unaltered...
- Serum peroxiredoxin3 is a useful biomarker for early diagnosis and assessemnt of prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese patientsLiang Shi
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical Uiniversity, Wenzhou, China E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:2979-86. 2014Recently, peroxiredoxin3 (PRDX3) was identified as a novel molecular marker for the progression of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- MicroRNA-26a-5p and microRNA-23b-3p up-regulate peroxiredoxin III in acute myeloid leukemiaWenjie Jiang
Key Laboratory of Experimental Teratology, Ministry of Education, Institute of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
Leuk Lymphoma 56:460-71. 2015..Notably, we demonstrated that peroxiredoxin III (PrxIII) is a common direct target of both miR-26a-5p and miR-23b-3p...
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1α suppresses Peroxiredoxin 3 expression to promote proliferation of CCRCC cellsHao Xi
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai 200072, PR China
FEBS Lett 588:3390-4. 2014..and chromatin-immunoprecipitation assays indicated that HIF-1α binds to the hypoxia-responsive elements of PRDX3 promoter and represses its transcription...
- P6.15peroxiredoxin 3 as a molecular therapeutic target in breast cancerP J Chua
National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Ann Oncol 26:ii30. 2015..Each PRDX has diverse functions, which include regulating cell signaling associated with hydrogen peroxide. PRDX3, known to be found exclusively in the mitochondria, has been reported to be elevated in several types of ..
- Accelerated hepatocellular carcinoma development in CUL4B transgenic miceJupeng Yuan
Key Laboratory of Experimental Teratology, Ministry of Education, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, China
Oncotarget 6:15209-21. 2015..We also found that Prdx3 was downregulated and that DEN induced a higher level of reactive oxygen species in the livers of transgenic mice...
- FOXO responses to Porphyromonas gingivalis in epithelial cellsQian Wang
Department of Oral Immunology and Infectious Diseases, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Louisville, KY, USA
Cell Microbiol 17:1605-17. 2015..PCR demonstrated that transcription of genes involved in protection against oxidative stress (Cat, Sod2, Prdx3), inflammatory responses (IL1β) and anti-apoptosis (Bcl-6) was induced by P...
- Species-Related Differences in the Proteome of Rat and Human Pancreatic Beta CellsG A Martens
B Probe, Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Belgium Department of Clinical Chemistry and Radioimmunology, University Hospital Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Diabetes Res 2015:549818. 2015..and radical scavenging systems: apart from SOD2, they expressed high levels of H2O2-scavenger peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3), confirmed by microarray, Western blotting, and microscopy...
- Quantitative tissue proteomic investigation of invasive ductal carcinoma of breast with luminal B HER2 positive and HER2 enriched subtypes towards potential diagnostic and therapeutic biomarkersNamita Pendharkar
Proteomics Lab, National Centre for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, MH, India B J Medical College, Sassoon Hospital, Pune 411001, MH, India
J Proteomics 132:112-30. 2016..a separate cohort of samples confirmed that panel of biosignatures for LB are APOA1, GELS, HS90B, EF1A1, NHRF1 and PRDX3 and for HE are PRDX1, CATD, CALR, ATPB and CH60...
- Embryonic cardiomyocytes can orchestrate various cell protective mechanisms to survive mitochondrial stressManuela Magarin
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 97:1-14. 2016..Instead, the antioxidative proteins SOD2 and PRDX3 are induced, suggesting that ROS detoxification prevents oxidative damage in HCCS deficient cardiomyocytes...
- Hydrogen peroxide mediated mitochondrial UNG1-PRDX3 interaction and UNG1 degradationZhilei Liu
MOE Key Laboratory of Bioinformatics and the Center of Biomedical Analsis, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Free Radic Biol Med 99:54-62. 2016..PAPSS2, CD70 antigen, and AGR2 under normal growth conditions, whereas UNG1 mainly bound to Peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3) via a disulfide linkage under oxidative stress...
- [The effect of fenofibrate on expression of genes involved in fatty acids beta-oxidation and associated free-radical processes]A P Gureev
Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
Biomed Khim 62:426-30. 2016..systems are more sensitive to elevated ROS production, as they respond by increased expression of SOD2 and PRDX3 genes, than cytoplasmic and peroxisomal antioxidant systems, where expression of CAT1, SOD1, PRDX5 genes remained ..
- Differential expression of peroxiredoxin 3 in laryngeal squamous cell carcinomaHua Zhang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Yuhuangding Hospital of Qingdao University, Yantai, China
Oncotarget . 2016Peroxiredoxin (PRDX) proteins are involved in carcinogenesis. PRDX3, which is predominantly localized in mitochondria and up-regulated in several human cancers, seems to confer increased treatment resistance and aggressive phenotypes...
- Comparative analysis of a Brassica BAC clone containing several major aliphatic glucosinolate genes with its corresponding Arabidopsis sequenceMuqiang Gao
Departmernt of Vegetable Crops, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Genome 47:666-79. 2004..The arrangement of the AOP gene family in A. thaliana is as follows: AOP3 (GS-OHP) - AOP2 (GS-ALK) - pseudogene - AOP1. In contrast, in B...
- The greater susceptibility of North Ronaldsay sheep compared with Cambridge sheep to copper-induced oxidative stress, mitochondrial damage and hepatic stellate cell activationS Haywood
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK
J Comp Pathol 133:114-27. 2005..Likewise the upregulation of cathepsin-D indicated increased lysosomal activity and HSC activation. The findings may be relevant to copper toxicosis in human infants...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the PRDX3 and RPS19 and risk of HPV persistence and cervical precancer/cancerMahboobeh Safaeian
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33619. 2012..Host genetic factors might affect the risk of progression from infection with carcinogenic human papillomavirus (HPV), the etiologic agent for cervical cancer, to persistent HPV infection, and hence to cervical precancer and cancer...
- Identification of proteins containing redox-sensitive thiols after PRDX1, PRDX3 and GCLC silencing and/or glucose oxidase treatment in Hepa 1-6 cellsCarlos A Fuentes-Almagro
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Cordoba, Cordoba, 14071, Spain
J Proteomics 77:262-79. 2012..Nevertheless, we detected some proteins particularly sensitive to oxidation by silencing. We hypothesised that these proteins may play a role in regulatory mechanisms by redox stress...
- Expression of peroxiredoxin 1, 2, 3, and 6 genes in cancer cells during drug resistance formationE V Kalinina
People s Friendship University of Russia, Moscow, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 153:878-81. 2012We studied the expression of peroxiredoxin genes (PRDX1, PRDX2, PRDX3, and PRDX6) in human erythroleukemia K652, human breast carcinoma MCF-7, and human ovarian carcinoma SKOV-3 cells during cisplatin resistance development...
- Involvement of Prx3, a Drosophila ortholog of the thiol-dependent peroxidase PRDX3, in age-dependent oxidative stress resistanceYasunari Kayashima
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Integrated Pharmaceutical and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
Biomed Res 33:319-22. 2012..We used Drosophila melanogaster to examine the function of Prx3, the Drosophila homolog of human PRDX3. The oxidative stress response in adult Drosophila is age-dependent...
- Atox1 contains positive residues that mediate membrane association and aid subsequent copper loadingAdrian G Flores
Department of Molecular Biosciences and Chemistry of Life Processes Institute, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
J Membr Biol 246:903-13. 2013..Here, we demonstrate that antioxidant protein 1 (Atox1 in human cells), the principal cellular copper chaperone responsible for delivery of copper to the ..
- A strategy for identifying transcription factor binding sites reveals two classes of genomic c-Myc target sitesTimothy J Haggerty
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5313-8. 2003..significant sequence conservation of the E boxes and flanking regions, several genes (cyclin B1, JPO1, and PRDX3) belong to a second class (class II) that does not display sequence conservation at and around the site of c-Myc ..
- Expression of peroxiredoxins in bovine oocytes and embryos produced in vitroGregory Leyens
Veterinary Unit, Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 5, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Mol Reprod Dev 69:243-51. 2004..PRDX1 and PRDX5 transcripts were detected throughout development. PRDX2, PRDX3, and PRDX6 were not expressed around the 9- to 16-cell stage...
- Nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 dependent overexpression of sulfiredoxin and peroxiredoxin III in human lung cancerYoung Sun Kim
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 26:304-13. 2011..We aimed to elucidate the biological functions and potential roles of Srx in lung cancer...
- Detection and identification of peroxiredoxin 3 as a biomarker in hepatocellular carcinoma by a proteomic approachBingbing Qiao
Department of Surgery, The Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410013, P R China
Int J Mol Med 29:832-40. 2012..01). The expression of peroxiredoxin 3 (PRDX3) at the mRNA and protein levels was confirmed by RT-PCR and western blotting in HCC cell lines, and ..
- The most negatively charged low-density lipoprotein L5 induces stress pathways in vascular endothelial cellsChing Yi Chen
Department of Animal Science and Technology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Vasc Res 49:329-41. 2012..In this study, we compared the effects of LDL charge on cellular stress pathways leading to atherogenesis...
- Peroxiredoxin 1 functions as a signal peroxidase to receive, transduce, and transmit peroxide signals in mammalian cellsReagan M Jarvis
Department of Biochemistry, Otago School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
Free Radic Biol Med 53:1522-30. 2012..Interestingly, in response to peroxide, Prdx1 and Prdx3 transiently formed reducible higher molecular weight complexes, suggesting that multiple proteins are targets for ..
- [MicroRNA383 regulates expression of PRDX3 in human medulloblastomas]Xiao Mei Wang
Department of Pathology, Shenzhen People s Hospital the Second Affiliated Hospital, Jinan University, Shenzhen 518020, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 41:547-52. 2012To investigate the effects of microRNA-383 (miR-383) on PRDX3 gene expression, cell proliferation and apoptosis of human medulloblastma.
- Presence of autoantibody against two placental proteins, peroxiredoxin 3 and peroxiredoxin 4, in sera of recurrent pregnancy loss patientsBehrouz Gharesi-Fard
Department of Immunology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Am J Reprod Immunol 69:248-55. 2013..Placenta is a pregnancy unique tissue, and proper formation of placenta is key phenomenal for success of a pregnancy. The aim of this study was to investigate the placental proteins that may act as antibody targets in RPL patients...
- Bmal1 and β-cell clock are required for adaptation to circadian disruption, and their loss of function leads to oxidative stress-induced β-cell failure in miceJeongkyung Lee
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:2327-38. 2013..master antioxidant regulatory factor Nrf2 (nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2) and its targets, Sesn2, Prdx3, Gclc, and Gclm, was decreased in β-Bmal1(-/-) islets, which may contribute to the observed increase in ROS ..
- High-fat diet induces changes in adipose tissue trans-4-oxo-2-nonenal and trans-4-hydroxy-2-nonenal levels in a depot-specific mannerEric K Long
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 63:390-8. 2013..Moreover, TNFα treatment of 3T3-L1 adipocytes resulted in decreased expression of GSTA4, GPx4, and Prdx3 while upregulating the expression of SOD2...
- Antisense RNA of the latent period gene (MER5) inhibits the differentiation of murine erythroleukemia cellsY Nemoto
Department of Cell Biology, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Gene 91:261-5. 1990The MER5 cDNA was cloned from RNA preferentially synthesized in murine erythroleukemia (MEL) cells during the early period of MEL cell differentiation...
- Localization of TDPX1, a human homologue of the yeast thioredoxin-dependent peroxide reductase gene (TPX), to chromosome 13q12P Pahl
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute for Cancer Research, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Genomics 26:602-6. 1995..Oxygen radical metabolism has been hypothesized to be important for cancer, muscular dystrophy, and other disorders, so TDPX1 should be considered a candidate gene for these diseases...
- Cloning and characterization of OSF-3, a new member of the MER5 family, expressed in mouse osteoblastic cellsS Kawai
Pharma Research Laboratories, Hoechst Japan Limited, Saitama
J Biochem 115:641-3. 1994..A homology search of an amino acid sequence database revealed a strong relationship of OSF-3 to the MER5 (gene preferentially expression in murine erythroleukemia cells) protein and human pag (proliferation associated ..
- c-Myc selectively regulates the latent period and erythroid-specific genes in murine erythroleukemia cell differentiationW Shoji
Department of Cell Biology, Tohoku University, Sendai
Jpn J Cancer Res 84:885-92. 1993..as a DNA binding transcription factor, we examined whether c-Myc regulates the latent period genes (hsp and hsc70, MER5, Id and Spi-1 genes) and the erythroid-specific genes [beta-globin, glycophorin, delta-aminolevulinic acid synthase ..
- Identification and mapping of Casp7, a cysteine protease resembling CPP32 beta, interleukin-1 beta converting enzyme, and CED-3T S Juan
Department of Developmental Hematology, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Genomics 40:86-93. 1997..6-kb Casp7 mRNA was expressed in various tissues except brain. Mouse interspecific backcross mapping allowed localization of Casp7 to the distal region of mouse chromosome 19, linked to Mxi1, Adra2a, and Aop1.
- LTW4 protein on mouse chromosome 1 is a member of a family of antioxidant proteinsO A Iakoubova
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genomics 42:474-8. 1997..The murine MER5 gene is also a member of this gene family and has recently been renamed Antioxidant protein 1 (Aop1), based on its functional characterization...
- Mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae contain one-conserved cysteine type peroxiredoxin with thioredoxin peroxidase activityJ R Pedrajas
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, S 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 275:16296-301. 2000..Finally, exposure of null Prx1p mutant cells to oxidant conditions reveals an important role of the mitochondrial 1-Cys Prx in protection against oxidative stress...
- Interaction of human thiol-specific antioxidant protein 1 with erythrocyte plasma membraneM K Cha
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Antioxidant Proteins, Department of Biochemistry, Paichai University, Taejon 302 735, Korea
Biochemistry 39:6944-50. 2000During the purification from human erythrocytes, human thiol-specific antioxidant protein 1 (hTSA1), one human member of the TSA/alkyl hydroperoxide reductase subunit C (AhpC) family, was fragmented to a molecular mass of 20 323.9300...
- Gene duplication in the diversification of secondary metabolism: tandem 2-oxoglutarate-dependent dioxygenases control glucosinolate biosynthesis in ArabidopsisD J Kliebenstein
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, 07745 Jena, Germany
Plant Cell 13:681-93. 2001..A third member of this gene family, AOP1, is present in at least two forms and found in all ecotypes examined. However, its catalytic role is still uncertain...
- Abrin triggers cell death by inactivating a thiol-specific antioxidant proteinS F Shih
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10081, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 276:21870-7. 2001....
- Protein levels of human peroxiredoxin subtypes in brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease and Down syndromeS H Kim
Department of Pediatrics, University of Vienna, Austria
J Neural Transm Suppl . 2001..Decreased protein levels of Prx-III could be caused by mitochondrial damage shown in AD and DS. Showing upregulated Prx protein levels provides evidence for the involvement of ROS in the pathogenesis of AD and DS...
- Proteomics analysis of cellular response to oxidative stress. Evidence for in vivo overoxidation of peroxiredoxins at their active siteThierry Rabilloud
CEA Laboratoire de Bioénergétique Cellulaire et Pathologique, EA UJF 2943, DRDC BECP, CEA Grenoble, 17 rue des Martyrs, F 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Biol Chem 277:19396-401. 2002....
- Mixed lineage kinase LZK and antioxidant protein-1 activate NF-kappaB synergisticallyMegumi Masaki
Department of Biological Chemistry and CREST Core Research for Educational Science and Technology Project, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Biochem 270:76-83. 2003..We also provided evidence that LZK was associated directly with the IKK complex through the kinase domain, and that AOP-1 was recruited to the IKK complex through the binding to LZK...
- Aberrant expression of peroxiredoxin subtypes in neurodegenerative disordersKurt Krapfenbauer
F Hoffman La Roche, Basel, Switzerland
Brain Res 967:152-60. 2003..In contrast, Prx II was significantly increased (P<0.05) in frontal cortex of DS, AD and PD, whereas Prx III was decreased in frontal cortex of DS (P<0.01) and PD (P<0.001)...
- Effect of epoetin on HO-1 mRNA level and plasma antioxidants in hemodialysis patientsL A Calò
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Clinica Medica 4, University of Padova, Italy
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 41:187-92. 2003..Interaction of this oxidative stress with epoetin (EPO) treatment to increase RBC number and Hb concentration remains unexplored...
- Increased expression of mitochondrial peroxiredoxin-3 (thioredoxin peroxidase-2) protects cancer cells against hypoxia and drug-induced hydrogen peroxide-dependent apoptosisLarisa Nonn
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 5024, USA
Mol Cancer Res 1:682-9. 2003Peroxiredoxin-3 (Prdx3) is a mitochondrial member of the antioxidant family of thioredoxin peroxidases that uses mitochondrial thioredoxin-2 (Trx2) as a source of reducing equivalents to scavenge hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2))...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of ATX1 cDNA from the mole cricket, Gryllotalpa orientalisIksoo Kim
Department of Agricultural Biology, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 61:231-8. 2006To search for an insect homologue of antioxidant protein 1 (ATX1), a mole cricket, Gryllotalpa orientalis, cDNA library was screened and a cDNA clone, which encodes a 73 amino acid polypeptide with a predicted molecular mass of 8...
- Identification of over-expressed proteins in oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) patients by clinical proteomic analysisWan Yu Lo
Department of Medical Research, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Chim Acta 376:101-7. 2007..A number of protein markers for oral cancer are still not applicable in large populations. Proteomic technologies provide excellent tools for rapid screening of a large number of potential biomarkers in malignant cells...
- Defective mitochondrial peroxiredoxin-3 results in sensitivity to oxidative stress in Fanconi anemiaSudit S Mukhopadhyay
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Biol 175:225-35. 2006..Wild-type but not G546R mutant FANCG physically interacts with the mitochondrial peroxidase peroxiredoxin-3 (PRDX3). PRDX3 is deregulated in FA cells, including cleavage by a calpainlike cysteine protease and mislocalization...
- Increased susceptibility of MER5 (peroxiredoxin III) knockout mice to LPS-induced oxidative stressLianqin Li
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Development, Aging, and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seriyo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:715-21. 2007MER5 (also called peroxiredoxin III, PrxIII) is a member of peroxiredoxin family that has antioxidant activity. The present study was performed to investigate its in vivo function using MER5 knockout mice...
- Antioxidant defense in hibernation: cloning and expression of peroxiredoxins from hibernating ground squirrels, Spermophilus tridecemlineatusPier Morin
Institute of Biochemistry and Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6
Arch Biochem Biophys 461:59-65. 2007..Comparable increases in Prdx2 were 2.4- and 3.7-fold whereas Prdx3 rose by 3.1-fold in heart of torpid animals...
- Proteomic approach to study the effects of various oxidatively modified low-density lipoprotein on regulation of protein expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cellChing Yi Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Life Sci 80:2469-80. 2007..All modified LDL significantly suppressed ATP synthase, Grp58, Grp78, and Prdx3. However, the expression of hnRNP C1/C2 was significantly enhanced by FH-L5 and a-LDL; glutathione transferase was ..
- Mitochondrial thioredoxin-2/peroxiredoxin-3 system functions in parallel with mitochondrial GSH system in protection against oxidative stressHong Zhang
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Whitehead Biomedical Research Center, 615 Michael Street, Suite 205P, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 465:119-26. 2007..The additive protection by Trx2 and GSH shows that Trx2 and GSH systems are both functionally important at low oxidative stress conditions...
- Decreased expression of peroxiredoxins in Fuchs' endothelial dystrophyUla V Jurkunas
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2956-63. 2008....
- Proteomic analysis of human articular cartilage: identification of differentially expressed proteins in knee osteoarthritisDunming Guo
Bone and Joint Surgery Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210029, China
Joint Bone Spine 75:439-44. 2008..To better understand the pathogenesis of OA and the molecular basis of progressive destruction of articular cartilage in OA, we compared the proteome of OA cartilage with that of normal cartilage...
- Cardiac peroxiredoxins undergo complex modifications during cardiac oxidant stressEwald Schröder
Dept of Cardiology, St Thomas Hospital, King s College London, London SE1 7EH, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H425-33. 2008..changes in the myocardium, including formation of disulfide bonds that were intermolecular for Prdx1, Prdx2, and Prdx3 but intramolecular within Prdx5...
- Ets regulates peroxiredoxin1 and 5 expressions through their interaction with the high-mobility group protein B1Masaki Shiota
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:1950-9. 2008..found that both Prdx1 and Prdx5 are inducible after treatment with hydrogen peroxide or hypoxia, but that Prdx2, Prdx3, and Prdx4 are not or are only marginally inducible...
- The effects of acrolein on peroxiredoxins, thioredoxins, and thioredoxin reductase in human bronchial epithelial cellsCharles R Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Toxicology 257:95-104. 2009..The effects of acrolein on the thioredoxin system and peroxiredoxins could have important implications for cell survival, redox-sensitive cell signaling, and tolerance to other oxidant insults...
- EPIGENETIC AGING OF THE OXIDATIVE STRESS RESPONSE IN THE MOUSE RPEZeljka Smit McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..The set includes Er1, Err1, Foxo3a, Nrf2, Pgc11, Prdx3, p66/Shc1, Sirt1, Sod2, Txn2, Txnrd2, and 14-3-38...
- Qitao Ran; Fiscal Year: 2015..and increased A[unreadable] accumulation in AD animal models and that overexpression of peroxiredoxin 3 (Prdx3), a mitochondrial antioxidant defense enzyme important for H2O2 removal, attenuated paraquat-induced cognitive ..
- The preventive and therapeutic potential of reducing mitochondrial H2O2 for ADQitao Ran; Fiscal Year: 2011..Peroxiredoxin 3 (Prdx3/Prx3) is a peroxidase specializing in scavenging H2O2 in mitochondria and is also implicated to be important for ..
- MYCOBACTERIAL RESISTANCE TO REACTIVE NITROGEN/OXYGENCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- TARGETING DEFENSES OF MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSISCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF NO SYNTHASE-2 IN MURINE ALZHEIMER'S DISEASECarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Center for Cancer Drug Development (C2D2)Stephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Dihydrolipoamide Acyltransferase:Target for ChemotherapyCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CISPLATIN RESISTANCE DUE TO LOSS OF DNA MISMATCH REPAIRStephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, it is very likely that the mechanisms underlying the DDP-induced mutagenicity will be of fundamental importance to understanding the genomic instability produced by many types of cellular injury. ..
- MACROPHAGES, DENDRITIC CELLS AND PATHOGENSCarl Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cores provide for BSL3 wet lab and mouse work; microarray analysis of gene expression; computation and comparison of gene expression results; and high throughput screening of chemical libraries. ..